1 2016-01-07T00:01:32  *** dcousens has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  2 2016-01-07T00:05:07  *** cryptopeddler has quit IRC
  3 2016-01-07T00:09:29  *** cryptopeddler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  4 2016-01-07T00:13:44  *** Squidicuz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  5 2016-01-07T00:19:26  *** cryptopeddler has quit IRC
  6 2016-01-07T00:22:46  *** cryptopeddler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  7 2016-01-07T00:48:18  *** zookolaptop has quit IRC
  8 2016-01-07T00:53:52  *** bsm117532 is now known as Guest38423
  9 2016-01-07T00:54:43  *** bsm1175321 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 10 2016-01-07T01:19:42  *** d_t has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 11 2016-01-07T01:20:14  *** d_t has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 12 2016-01-07T01:36:22  *** cryptopeddler has quit IRC
 13 2016-01-07T01:39:04  *** cryptopeddler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 14 2016-01-07T01:44:34  *** Ylbam has quit IRC
 15 2016-01-07T01:48:29  *** cryptopeddler has quit IRC
 16 2016-01-07T01:50:17  *** cryptopeddler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 17 2016-01-07T02:19:28  *** xiangfu has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 18 2016-01-07T03:01:05  *** cryptopeddler has quit IRC
 19 2016-01-07T03:02:53  *** p15 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 20 2016-01-07T03:05:32  *** cryptopeddler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 21 2016-01-07T03:10:12  *** dcousens has quit IRC
 22 2016-01-07T03:16:50  *** dcousens has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2016-01-07T03:22:38  *** dcousens has quit IRC
 24 2016-01-07T03:25:49  *** dcousens has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 25 2016-01-07T03:28:24  *** xiangfu has quit IRC
 26 2016-01-07T03:33:33  *** d_t has quit IRC
 27 2016-01-07T03:36:17  *** dcousens has quit IRC
 28 2016-01-07T03:44:49  *** brg444 has quit IRC
 29 2016-01-07T03:50:07  *** dcousens has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 30 2016-01-07T04:00:27  *** dcousens has quit IRC
 31 2016-01-07T04:15:24  *** d_t has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 32 2016-01-07T04:15:55  *** d_t has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 33 2016-01-07T04:29:55  *** AtashiCon has quit IRC
 34 2016-01-07T04:35:11  *** AtashiCon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 35 2016-01-07T05:00:04  *** dermoth has quit IRC
 36 2016-01-07T05:00:34  *** dermoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 37 2016-01-07T05:05:10  *** dcousens has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 38 2016-01-07T05:50:11  *** davec has quit IRC
 39 2016-01-07T05:50:41  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 40 2016-01-07T06:35:33  *** Ylbam has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 41 2016-01-07T06:36:38  *** cryptopeddler has quit IRC
 42 2016-01-07T06:38:05  *** cryptopeddler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 43 2016-01-07T06:42:00  *** Yoghur114 has quit IRC
 44 2016-01-07T06:42:29  *** Yoghur114 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 45 2016-01-07T06:45:12  *** paveljanik has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 46 2016-01-07T06:45:12  *** paveljanik has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 47 2016-01-07T06:53:03  *** Squidicuz has quit IRC
 48 2016-01-07T06:53:22  *** AtashiCon has quit IRC
 49 2016-01-07T06:53:41  *** lightningbot` has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 50 2016-01-07T07:07:49  *** d_t has quit IRC
 51 2016-01-07T07:08:39  *** d_t has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 52 2016-01-07T07:11:55  *** trippysalmon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 53 2016-01-07T07:12:44  *** d_t has quit IRC
 54 2016-01-07T07:24:22  *** d_t has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 55 2016-01-07T07:30:02  *** randy-waterhouse has quit IRC
 56 2016-01-07T07:30:37  *** randy-waterhouse has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 57 2016-01-07T07:39:51  <GitHub142> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli opened pull request #7307: [RPC, Wallet] Move RPC dispatch table registration to wallet/ code (master...2016/01/corewallet) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/7307
 58 2016-01-07T07:42:43  <jonasschnelli> morcos: "Need a manual way to forget transactions that are no longer in the mempool",... any rough concept on that?
 59 2016-01-07T07:43:10  <jonasschnelli> Was that the discussion where we mentioned a RPC call like "archivetransaction"?
 60 2016-01-07T07:56:14  <GitHub119> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 5 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/605c17844ea3...41f1a3e99bfa
 61 2016-01-07T07:56:15  <GitHub119> bitcoin/master 76ac35f Cory Fields: c++11: detect and correct for boost builds with an incompatible abi...
 62 2016-01-07T07:56:15  <GitHub119> bitcoin/master 89f71c6 Cory Fields: c++11: don't throw from the reverselock destructor...
 63 2016-01-07T07:56:16  <GitHub119> bitcoin/master 57d2f62 Cory Fields: c++11: CAccountingEntry must be defined before use in a list...
 64 2016-01-07T07:56:24  <GitHub56> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #7302: C++11 build/runtime fixes (master...c++11-prep) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/7302
 65 2016-01-07T08:08:50  *** d_t has quit IRC
 66 2016-01-07T08:09:37  <btcdrak> I love how wumpus says good morning. *merge*
 67 2016-01-07T08:12:21  <GitHub110> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/41f1a3e99bfa...de9e5ea75e46
 68 2016-01-07T08:12:21  <GitHub110> bitcoin/master 5e10922 Luke Dashjr: Combine common error strings for different options so translations can be shared and reused
 69 2016-01-07T08:12:22  <GitHub110> bitcoin/master de9e5ea Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge pull request #7257...
 70 2016-01-07T08:12:31  <GitHub163> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #7257: Combine common error strings for different options so translations can be shared and reused (master...reduce_opt_ts) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/7257
 71 2016-01-07T08:17:12  <GitHub159> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 4 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/de9e5ea75e46...d964b5bb1a1c
 72 2016-01-07T08:17:13  <GitHub159> bitcoin/master fa0765d MarcoFalke: [qa] Cleanup wallet.py test...
 73 2016-01-07T08:17:14  <GitHub159> bitcoin/master fa14d99 MarcoFalke: [qa] check if wallet or blochchain maintenance changes the balance
 74 2016-01-07T08:17:14  <GitHub159> bitcoin/master fa33d97 MarcoFalke: [walletdb] Add missing LOCK() in Recover() for dummyWallet
 75 2016-01-07T08:17:23  <GitHub11> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #7229: [qa] wallet: Check if maintenance changes the balance (master...MarcoFalke-2015-rpcWalletMaintenance) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/7229
 76 2016-01-07T08:19:31  <GitHub29> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 1 new commit to 0.12: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/1ed938b5fe4f5760b516eaec3358f13003830907
 77 2016-01-07T08:19:31  <GitHub29> bitcoin/0.12 1ed938b MarcoFalke: [qa] wallet: Check if maintenance changes the balance...
 78 2016-01-07T08:24:34  <GitHub132> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/d964b5bb1a1c...554156093800
 79 2016-01-07T08:24:35  <GitHub132> bitcoin/master fa3c7e6 MarcoFalke: [wallet] Add regression test for vValue sort order
 80 2016-01-07T08:24:36  <GitHub132> bitcoin/master faf538b MarcoFalke: [trivial] Merge test cases and replace CENT with COIN
 81 2016-01-07T08:24:36  <GitHub132> bitcoin/master 5541560 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge pull request #7293...
 82 2016-01-07T08:24:44  <GitHub49> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #7293:  [wallet] Add regression test for vValue sort order  (master...Mf1601-wallet-vValue) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/7293
 83 2016-01-07T08:25:59  <GitHub99> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 1 new commit to 0.12: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/ff9b610026067755b1d766c13a212734d96757ea
 84 2016-01-07T08:25:59  <GitHub99> bitcoin/0.12 ff9b610 MarcoFalke: [wallet] Add regression test for vValue sort order...
 85 2016-01-07T08:41:39  *** p15 has quit IRC
 86 2016-01-07T08:47:16  *** adam3us1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 87 2016-01-07T08:47:34  *** adam3us has quit IRC
 88 2016-01-07T08:48:08  *** adam3us1 has quit IRC
 89 2016-01-07T08:48:56  *** adam3us has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 90 2016-01-07T08:50:10  *** p15 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 91 2016-01-07T09:02:46  *** Amnez777 has quit IRC
 92 2016-01-07T09:02:47  *** Amnez777 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 93 2016-01-07T09:11:49  *** randy-waterhouse has quit IRC
 94 2016-01-07T09:27:02  *** arowser has quit IRC
 95 2016-01-07T09:27:27  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 96 2016-01-07T09:34:50  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 97 2016-01-07T09:42:25  *** BashCo has quit IRC
 98 2016-01-07T10:02:37  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 99 2016-01-07T10:02:48  *** p15_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
100 2016-01-07T10:05:39  *** p15 has quit IRC
101 2016-01-07T10:12:41  *** kdfjksdfsdf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
102 2016-01-07T10:15:32  <jtimon> wumpus I'm still on vacation and kind of waiting on #7091 before continuing with the "document-with-words-and-pictures" I promised to some people, but...what is the "right time for refactors and moveonlies"? I really don't want to miss it for the consensus encapsulation moveonly again
103 2016-01-07T10:15:33  <jtimon> I mean something like this https://github.com/jtimon/bitcoin/commit/f8c34f27d4020880647cbdbafad70793882cef79 (after #7287 )
104 2016-01-07T10:15:33  <jtimon> it was supposed to be after major version forks, right? or is it after the major released is actually done (to avoid interfering with backports)?
105 2016-01-07T10:36:07  *** blur3d has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
106 2016-01-07T10:41:13  *** MarcoFalke has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
107 2016-01-07T10:56:25  *** berndj has quit IRC
108 2016-01-07T10:58:20  *** berndj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
109 2016-01-07T10:58:52  <GitHub189> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/554156093800...7b0a9a804004
110 2016-01-07T10:58:53  <GitHub189> bitcoin/master 6cd198f Marcel Krüger: Removed comment about IsStandard for P2SH scripts...
111 2016-01-07T10:58:53  <GitHub189> bitcoin/master 7b0a9a8 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge pull request #7266...
112 2016-01-07T10:58:57  *** berndj has quit IRC
113 2016-01-07T10:58:57  <GitHub11> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #7266: Removed comment about IsStandard for P2SH scripts (master...zauguin-patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/7266
114 2016-01-07T11:00:03  *** berndj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
115 2016-01-07T11:00:24  *** berndj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
116 2016-01-07T11:21:36  *** berndj has quit IRC
117 2016-01-07T11:22:01  *** berndj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
118 2016-01-07T11:23:28  *** berndj has quit IRC
119 2016-01-07T11:23:57  *** berndj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
120 2016-01-07T11:25:02  *** berndj has quit IRC
121 2016-01-07T11:25:27  *** berndj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
122 2016-01-07T11:25:33  *** BashCo_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
123 2016-01-07T11:27:04  *** adam3us has quit IRC
124 2016-01-07T11:29:41  *** BashCo has quit IRC
125 2016-01-07T11:30:12  *** berndj has quit IRC
126 2016-01-07T11:30:28  *** berndj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
127 2016-01-07T12:05:05  <MarcoFalke> cfields, is depends using `reference_datetime` (from gitian), another fake time or no at all?
128 2016-01-07T12:20:23  *** p15_ has quit IRC
129 2016-01-07T12:22:13  <GitHub126> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7b0a9a804004...b1cf0058d9b3
130 2016-01-07T12:22:13  <GitHub126> bitcoin/master faf3299 MarcoFalke: [qt] Intro: Display required space...
131 2016-01-07T12:22:14  <GitHub126> bitcoin/master b1cf005 Jonas Schnelli: Merge pull request #7298...
132 2016-01-07T12:22:23  <GitHub141> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli closed pull request #7298: [qt] Intro: Display required space (master...Mf1601-qtDataDir) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/7298
133 2016-01-07T12:25:18  <morcos> jonasschnelli: yes i think its that same thing we discussed in november.  sipa gave me an idea for how to hack it in, i should have something in a few hours.
134 2016-01-07T12:26:08  <jonasschnelli> morcos: Okay. Perfect.
135 2016-01-07T12:29:16  *** murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
136 2016-01-07T12:53:36  *** blur3d has quit IRC
137 2016-01-07T12:58:48  <GitHub122> [bitcoin] jtimon closed pull request #7238: Blocksize: Some small preparations for a blocksize hardfork (master...6526-6625-remainings-0.13.99) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/7238
138 2016-01-07T13:01:34  <jtimon> sipa see my question to wumpus, do you know when is the right time for refactors/moveonlies? after 0.12 has been forked or after 0.12 has been finally released?
139 2016-01-07T13:09:29  <MarcoFalke> jtimon, I think the best time is between 0.12.0-final and 0.13-branchoff. You don't want to conflict any backports, so better wait until 0.12.0 (or even until 0.12.1 is out).
140 2016-01-07T13:10:37  <MarcoFalke> If the refactor is not controversial, it should also be backported, imo.
141 2016-01-07T13:10:45  *** teward has quit IRC
142 2016-01-07T13:11:42  *** dcousens has quit IRC
143 2016-01-07T13:12:40  <jtimon> MarcoFalke: I agree on both accounts (refactors before forking and backport disruptive refactors)
144 2016-01-07T13:13:31  *** teward has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
145 2016-01-07T13:14:22  <jtimon> but wumpus (and sipa?) think it's better to do them after and I was told to wait for https://github.com/jtimon/bitcoin/commit/f8c34f27d4020880647cbdbafad70793882cef79 (I just can't remember if they said "wait after 0.12 is branched" or "wait until 0.12 is released")
146 2016-01-07T13:15:37  <MarcoFalke> Maybe, "wait after 0.12 is branched" AND "wait until 0.12 is released"? ;)
147 2016-01-07T13:18:20  *** brg444 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
148 2016-01-07T13:19:39  *** wumpus has quit IRC
149 2016-01-07T13:21:54  *** wumpus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
150 2016-01-07T13:24:22  <jtimon> MarcoFalke: yes, maybe, I just don't want to miss "the big moveonlies window" again like I did on 0.11.99 and 0.12.99...
151 2016-01-07T13:26:14  <jtimon> I would interpret that as Bitcoin Core not considering libconsensus or consensus code encapsulation a priority
152 2016-01-07T13:27:20  *** dcousens has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
153 2016-01-07T13:40:35  *** dcousens has quit IRC
154 2016-01-07T13:41:14  <wumpus> jtimon: well priority right now is fix the last minute nits for the 0.12 release
155 2016-01-07T13:41:47  <wumpus> and segwit, in which sipa I think included some of your changes
156 2016-01-07T13:55:27  <jtimon> wumpus so is it unreasonable for me to expect something like https://github.com/jtimon/bitcoin/commit/f8c34f27d4020880647cbdbafad70793882cef79 to be merged in the 0.13.99 "refactor window" (whenever that is)?
157 2016-01-07T14:01:42  <jtimon> if so, I'm afraid I'll have to step down on the self-assigned task of finishing libconsensus (for my own sanity)
158 2016-01-07T14:03:07  <wumpus> e.g.  https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/6597  is due to be merged, but seems there were some last minute comments
159 2016-01-07T14:03:23  <jtimon> I mean, I'll do it on top of 0.12, but I'll stop rebasing and PRing to Bitcoin Core
160 2016-01-07T14:03:51  <jtimon> wumpus: #6597 has nothing to do with consensus code encapsulation
161 2016-01-07T14:04:22  <wumpus> ok
162 2016-01-07T14:04:27  <jtimon> I only have #7287 and #7091 related to libconsensus and open right now
163 2016-01-07T14:05:19  <jtimon> so, wumpus, is it unreasonable for me to expect something like https://github.com/jtimon/bitcoin/commit/f8c34f27d4020880647cbdbafad70793882cef79 to be merged in the 0.13.99 "refactor window" (whenever that is)?
164 2016-01-07T14:06:52  <wumpus> yeah we could do some move-only things for 0.13 soon, together with c++11-ication I do expect some code churn anyway
165 2016-01-07T14:07:19  <wumpus> that specific commit looks sensible to me, good to have that out of main.cpp
166 2016-01-07T14:09:46  <jtimon> great, so when is the "refactor window"? now or after releasing 0.12 ?
167 2016-01-07T14:10:49  <wumpus> now - after releasing 0.12, doesn't matter, 0.12 branch is forked off so 0.13/master can have some more intensive/risky changes
168 2016-01-07T14:11:28  <jtimon> I see, I thought maybe we didn't wanteed to do that before releasing 0.12 for easier backports
169 2016-01-07T14:12:00  <wumpus> nah, that's true, but backporting over move-only isn't that involved
170 2016-01-07T14:12:38  <wumpus> if possible I want to tag 0.12.0rc1 tomorrow so 0.12 release isn't far away
171 2016-01-07T14:12:43  <jtimon> well, my plan was to do the moveonly after #7287
172 2016-01-07T14:13:35  <jtimon> (to avoid needing FormatStateMessage() from consensus/consensus.cpp temporarily)
173 2016-01-07T14:13:46  <wumpus> I mean you could say the same for the segwit stuff, moving consensus related files around gives work there, but otoh rebasing that over moveonly isn't going to be rocket science
174 2016-01-07T14:14:44  <jtimon> ok, thank you
175 2016-01-07T14:16:03  <jtimon> I'll open it soon (among other things, as an alternative to CodeShark's #6774 )
176 2016-01-07T14:16:54  <CodeShark> #6747
177 2016-01-07T14:17:30  <CodeShark> no moving consensus stuff yet...just the soft fork activation mechanism
178 2016-01-07T14:18:13  <CodeShark> making it easier to deploy testnets with specific bips applied
179 2016-01-07T14:18:46  <CodeShark> and leaving thr activation mechansm fully open ended
180 2016-01-07T14:23:53  <Luke-Jr> wumpus: btw, in case you missed it the other day: I don't plan to do any further rebasing, so just let me know when PRs are ready for merging and I can do the appropriate merge commit
181 2016-01-07T14:24:25  <btcdrak> wumpus: just to confirm, dev meeting tonight right? 7pm UTC?
182 2016-01-07T14:24:55  <Luke-Jr> right
183 2016-01-07T14:31:08  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
184 2016-01-07T14:32:48  <jtimon> CodeShark: as said I would prefer something like https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/401a951a70c666ef65c5d059c8b108c6e49abedb I don't see how #6747 makes it easier to deploy testnets with specific bips applied anyay...
185 2016-01-07T14:33:19  <GitHub86> [bitcoin] sdaftuar opened pull request #7308: [Tests] Eliminate intermittent failures in sendheaders.py (master...fix-sendheaders) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/7308
186 2016-01-07T14:35:49  <GitHub68> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #7309: [0.12] Update release-notes.md (0.12...Mf1601-releaseNotes0.12) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/7309
187 2016-01-07T14:36:30  <morcos> jonasschnelli: sipa: wumpus: any preference for name of forgettransaction?  forget, abandon, respend, archive, discard, ditch, vacate ? i think i vote for abandon
188 2016-01-07T14:36:47  <jtimon> CodeShark: and you really don't need to touch the old softfork stuff to implement bip9, that's actually one of the complains rusty had about your implementation (he didn't in his)
189 2016-01-07T14:36:55  <MarcoFalke> or discard
190 2016-01-07T14:36:57  <jgarzik> Luke-Jr, +100
191 2016-01-07T14:38:25  <morcos> Luke-Jr: jgarzik: I'm much newer at this than most, but someone will need to tell me how I'm supposed to review a PR with merge conflicts and if I just review it off the branch its based off of, how do I know the merge conflicts will be solved properly.
192 2016-01-07T14:39:13  <jgarzik> morcos, "merge conflicts solved problem" is by definition a moving target.  Review as checked out from submitted branch.  When it's ready to merge, attend those issues at that time.
193 2016-01-07T14:39:26  <morcos> I think it makes much more sense for most patches to be rebased, maybe only not for big long standing branches, of which there are not too many, but then will need to be reviewed twice in my opinion.
194 2016-01-07T14:40:36  <jgarzik> morcos, It's a subjective judgement of the distance between submitted branch and currently.  For example:  mempool janitor PR is submitted.  Later, some other major mempool changes are merged into master.  It is fair to ask the author to merge with master.
195 2016-01-07T14:40:47  <jtimon> morcos: I'm sure Luke-Jr would be happy to let you rebase his commits if you think it's very important
196 2016-01-07T14:41:05  <jgarzik> luke-jr's linked Linus post did a good job of explaining
197 2016-01-07T14:41:36  <jgarzik> *fair to ask the author to merge with master on his branch, making his branch current.
198 2016-01-07T14:41:39  <jgarzik> (to be clear)
199 2016-01-07T14:41:51  <jgarzik> The focus is on the submitted branch
200 2016-01-07T14:42:04  <morcos> yes i read linus' arguments and i think they applied to a substantially different work flow than we have on a much more mature code base, but whatever, i defer to wumpus
201 2016-01-07T14:42:13  <jtimon> I think it's also fair for an author to get tired of rebasing
202 2016-01-07T14:42:21  <MarcoFalke> Especially if there is major merge conflicts, there are different ways to solve them. Shouldn't the merge commit be part of the PR then?
203 2016-01-07T14:42:29  <jgarzik> MarcoFalke, yes, correct
204 2016-01-07T14:42:37  <jgarzik> That's the ideal workflow
205 2016-01-07T14:43:07  <MarcoFalke> jtimon, I don't think there is a difference in merge/rebase in regard to solving conflicts
206 2016-01-07T14:44:02  <Luke-Jr> the difference is whether it breaks decentralised development
207 2016-01-07T14:44:26  <jtimon> MarcoFalke: unless I'm missing something, Luke-Jris just tired of rebasing and wants to do it only one last time before Bitcoin Core is ready to accept his patch
208 2016-01-07T14:44:36  <MarcoFalke> No
209 2016-01-07T14:44:49  <jgarzik> jtimon: read what luke-jr just said
210 2016-01-07T14:45:29  <jtimon> jgarzik: MarcoFalke Luke-Jr yep, it looks like I'm missing something
211 2016-01-07T14:45:52  <Luke-Jr> jtimon: http://www.mail-archive.com/dri-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg39091.html https://lwn.net/Articles/328436/
212 2016-01-07T14:46:02  <jtimon> Luke-Jr: thanks
213 2016-01-07T14:48:27  <jtimon> mhmm, I have rebased cfields' commits in the past (although after doing it for several months with no success I gave up)
214 2016-01-07T14:49:28  *** rubensayshi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
215 2016-01-07T14:51:02  <wumpus> morcos: I think I prefer 'archivetransaction'
216 2016-01-07T14:51:16  <wumpus> morcos: it sounds the least destructive
217 2016-01-07T14:52:21  <wumpus> btcdrak: yes re: meeting
218 2016-01-07T14:52:39  <jgarzik> +1 wumpus RE archivetx
219 2016-01-07T14:53:40  <wumpus> Luke-Jr: that's up to you, I think rebasing PRs can be useful, I like a linear-ish history, but if you can do an alternative with merges that accomplishes the same that's the same to me...
220 2016-01-07T14:53:46  <morcos> wumpus: ok i'm happy to change to whatever people prefer but the reason i didn't go with archive originally was it sounded something like record keeping to me, and didn't indicate that it would have an economic effect.
221 2016-01-07T14:54:19  <morcos> of course i guess it doesn't actually have an economic effect, it just changes your guess as to what the economic effect of the tx is so you can double spend
222 2016-01-07T14:54:31  <wumpus> morcos: I'd interpret archive as in 'remove from the active set and stash in the archive somewhere', but sure there's more ways to interpret it, the most important is that the RPC is documented
223 2016-01-07T14:55:08  <MarcoFalke> What is "the archive somewhere"?
224 2016-01-07T14:55:11  <btcdrak> morcos: rusty kindly tested #6564 with both #6312 and #7184 variants so we should make a decision about closing one of those soon.
225 2016-01-07T14:55:19  <wumpus> I do think archive can potentially give confusion, e.g. people will think they can archive old transactions as well
226 2016-01-07T14:55:34  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: mark it as non-active, but it stays stored in the wallet, hidden
227 2016-01-07T14:55:40  <morcos> wumpus: so to be clear the way im thinking about this the tx is still going to appear in your list of txs and everythign and it will still show 0 confirmations, but it will no longer effect the spentness of the txin prevouts
228 2016-01-07T14:55:48  <btcdrak> morcos: I can add your diff commit to #6312 or we can close it in favour of #7184 which is cleaner imo
229 2016-01-07T14:55:55  <wumpus> morcos: ok
230 2016-01-07T14:56:06  <wumpus> morcos: I do think it should no longer be sorted at the top, at least
231 2016-01-07T14:56:23  <morcos> wumpus: ha.  ok something else for me to learn about the wallet then
232 2016-01-07T14:56:38  <wumpus> but hiding it completely (unless some flag) is fine with me too... it's effectively out of the picture
233 2016-01-07T14:57:06  <wumpus> showing it is just confusing, and sorting it at the top gives priority to it
234 2016-01-07T14:57:22  <morcos> wumpus: i actually think that is a bit dangerous. it could still be included in a block or coudl prevent a respend from relaying if its in other nodes mempools
235 2016-01-07T14:57:24  *** xiangfu has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
236 2016-01-07T14:57:44  <wumpus> sure it could be included in a block, but in that case it must be shown again like any transaction that's in a block
237 2016-01-07T14:57:49  <morcos> wumpus: once we have RBF implemented, i think we'd require that you pass the RBF requirements to the extent you can determine them to respend it
238 2016-01-07T14:58:15  <morcos> wumpus: so you may want to be aware that you have this potential double spend out there instead of literally forgetting about it
239 2016-01-07T14:58:24  <wumpus> still hiding it when it reached you through a block would indeed be very wrong
240 2016-01-07T14:58:45  <wumpus> but is it always 'out there'? what if it was never broadcasted at all?
241 2016-01-07T14:58:59  <morcos> wumpus: well i'll probably do the PR first without looking at sorting, just to get something for people to look at anyway
242 2016-01-07T14:59:03  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
243 2016-01-07T14:59:16  <MarcoFalke> wumpus, archive means "something is final, I can put it in a box and it won't change" but that is not the case here.
244 2016-01-07T14:59:29  <morcos> wumpus: ah! i've been thinking about that.  we are narrowing the number of cases where thats possible i think.  although i guess if you have broadcast off
245 2016-01-07T14:59:38  <wumpus> a feature to hide transactions is extremely frequently requested, people get annoyed at all the stale transactions that drift to the top
246 2016-01-07T14:59:51  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: well, feel free to propose a better name then
247 2016-01-07T14:59:59  <wumpus> I won't partake in bikeshedding
248 2016-01-07T15:00:13  <wumpus> +English is not my native language
249 2016-01-07T15:00:20  <MarcoFalke> mine neither
250 2016-01-07T15:00:29  <MarcoFalke> I think the pull itself is more important
251 2016-01-07T15:00:34  <wumpus> absolutely
252 2016-01-07T15:00:37  <morcos> ok i'm going with abandon until i here otherwise, back to work
253 2016-01-07T15:00:47  <wumpus> morcos: ok
254 2016-01-07T15:00:49  <morcos> s/here/hear/ and English is my only language
255 2016-01-07T15:01:24  * Luke-Jr regrets English being his only fluent language
256 2016-01-07T15:01:51  <morcos> btcdrak: I have a pretty strong preference for #7184, but i really want to hear what sipa thinks before making a decision.
257 2016-01-07T15:01:56  <morcos> Luke-Jr: same
258 2016-01-07T15:03:39  <midnightmagic> Luke-Jr: learn mandarin :)
259 2016-01-07T15:09:07  *** treehug88 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
260 2016-01-07T15:21:30  *** bsm1175321 is now known as bsm117532
261 2016-01-07T15:34:55  *** modin has quit IRC
262 2016-01-07T15:35:27  *** modin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
263 2016-01-07T15:52:16  *** modin has quit IRC
264 2016-01-07T15:52:49  *** _Sam-- has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
265 2016-01-07T15:52:49  *** _Sam-- has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
266 2016-01-07T15:53:16  *** modin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
267 2016-01-07T16:03:09  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
268 2016-01-07T16:32:35  *** xiangfu has quit IRC
269 2016-01-07T16:36:11  *** trippysalmon has quit IRC
270 2016-01-07T16:44:41  *** Naphex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
271 2016-01-07T16:44:54  *** Naphex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
272 2016-01-07T16:45:36  *** _Sam-- is now known as Greybits
273 2016-01-07T16:46:14  <GitHub180> [bitcoin] jtimon opened pull request #7310: MOVEONLY: Move consensus functions out of main (master...consensus-moveonly-0.13.99) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/7310
274 2016-01-07T16:52:48  <GitHub59> [bitcoin] jtimon opened pull request #7311: MOVEONLY: non-consensus: from pow to chain: (master...consensus-pow-moveonly-0.13.99) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/7311
275 2016-01-07T16:54:23  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
276 2016-01-07T16:56:50  *** Squidicuz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
277 2016-01-07T16:57:02  <jtimon> wumpus ^^ the moveonly PRs
278 2016-01-07T17:01:13  *** adam3us has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
279 2016-01-07T17:03:25  *** trippysalmon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
280 2016-01-07T17:06:15  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
281 2016-01-07T17:08:50  <jtimon> regarding #6597 I think sipa is wrong, but as said that's not libconsensus related
282 2016-01-07T17:12:11  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
283 2016-01-07T17:17:26  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
284 2016-01-07T17:31:13  *** trippysalmon has quit IRC
285 2016-01-07T17:33:24  <GitHub116> [bitcoin] morcos opened pull request #7312: Add RPC call abandontransaction (master...forgetstuck) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/7312
286 2016-01-07T17:37:48  <phantomcircuit> morcos, lol you're super late for 0.12
287 2016-01-07T17:40:17  <Luke-Jr> no kidding
288 2016-01-07T18:01:37  *** brg444 has quit IRC
289 2016-01-07T18:07:50  *** afk11 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
290 2016-01-07T18:10:00  *** BashCo_ has quit IRC
291 2016-01-07T18:27:22  *** afk11 has quit IRC
292 2016-01-07T18:28:29  <morcos> wumpus: see the weird Travis failure on #7312, something about not being able authenticate windows packages
293 2016-01-07T18:28:56  *** Greybits has quit IRC
294 2016-01-07T18:30:00  <MarcoFalke> You can change the commit hash of your last commit to trigger travis again. (If no one reviewed your commits, it shouldn't matter)
295 2016-01-07T18:30:04  *** cryptopeddler has quit IRC
296 2016-01-07T18:30:44  *** afk11 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
297 2016-01-07T18:30:47  <MarcoFalke> or you can fix the typo in https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/7312/files#diff-df7d84ff2f53fcb2a0dc15a3a51e55ceR1783
298 2016-01-07T18:31:31  *** d_t has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
299 2016-01-07T18:36:06  *** wallet42 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
300 2016-01-07T18:36:45  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
301 2016-01-07T18:37:36  *** murch has quit IRC
302 2016-01-07T18:38:01  *** murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
303 2016-01-07T18:47:08  *** Yoghur114_2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
304 2016-01-07T18:51:02  <Yoghur114_2> this may be too trivial to ask here, but in building the segwit fork - I now appear to require the libevent-dev package, which I didn't have
305 2016-01-07T18:51:26  <Yoghur114_2> looking at configure.ac, it appears to have been added as a test in january of last year https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/3140ef92493169f1f993312b4add1fb87943c7b4
306 2016-01-07T18:52:06  <Yoghur114_2> any clue as to why this is the first time ./configure fails while I've built the project many times since that added test?
307 2016-01-07T18:52:33  <Yoghur114_2> on ubuntu 14.04 that is
308 2016-01-07T18:55:45  <wumpus> for building master (or anything derived from it) you need libevent-dev it replaces boost asio
309 2016-01-07T18:56:13  *** arubi is now known as fIatland
310 2016-01-07T18:56:21  *** fIatland is now known as arubi
311 2016-01-07T19:00:45  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
312 2016-01-07T19:02:03  *** brg444 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
313 2016-01-07T19:04:06  *** JackH has quit IRC
314 2016-01-07T19:13:50  <phantomcircuit> Yoghur114_2, libevent-dev has been required since the rpc stuff was changed
315 2016-01-07T19:16:23  *** afk11 has quit IRC
316 2016-01-07T19:17:02  <Yoghur114_2> what rpc stuff changed? that might explain why my interface has borked
317 2016-01-07T19:17:52  <sipa> Yoghur114_2: 0.12 and master use libevent for RPC handling jnstead of boost::asio
318 2016-01-07T19:22:28  <Yoghur114_2> aah ok, I get it now - thanks guys
319 2016-01-07T19:24:31  <Yoghur114_2> I shall now continue to discover I am too poorly versed at interpreting the actual code :)
320 2016-01-07T19:25:39  *** davec has quit IRC
321 2016-01-07T19:27:13  <phantomcircuit> Yoghur114_2, please point out what/where you are confused, it's helpful to know where there should be more comments
322 2016-01-07T19:29:39  <Yoghur114_2> it isn't the comments, it's me: I'm a Java developer by trade
323 2016-01-07T19:29:41  <Yoghur114_2> :)
324 2016-01-07T19:30:18  *** Madars has quit IRC
325 2016-01-07T19:30:20  <Yoghur114_2> so i'll be having a hard time understanding anything even if it's documented to all hell
326 2016-01-07T19:30:31  *** PRab_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
327 2016-01-07T19:30:58  *** Arnavion has quit IRC
328 2016-01-07T19:31:03  *** Arnavion3 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
329 2016-01-07T19:31:06  *** Arnavion3 is now known as Arnavion
330 2016-01-07T19:31:37  *** treehug8_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
331 2016-01-07T19:31:49  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
332 2016-01-07T19:31:50  *** treehug8_ has quit IRC
333 2016-01-07T19:32:15  *** treehug8_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
334 2016-01-07T19:34:05  *** aj_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
335 2016-01-07T19:34:38  *** treehug88 has quit IRC
336 2016-01-07T19:38:34  *** modin has quit IRC
337 2016-01-07T19:38:34  *** MarcoFalke has quit IRC
338 2016-01-07T19:38:34  *** arowser has quit IRC
339 2016-01-07T19:38:34  *** aj has quit IRC
340 2016-01-07T19:38:34  *** PRab has quit IRC
341 2016-01-07T19:38:34  *** CodeShark has quit IRC
342 2016-01-07T19:40:33  *** modin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
343 2016-01-07T19:41:04  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
344 2016-01-07T19:44:27  *** CodeShark has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
345 2016-01-07T19:48:15  *** wallet42 has quit IRC
346 2016-01-07T19:48:52  *** Greybits has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
347 2016-01-07T19:49:30  <Yoghur114_2> phantomcircuit: ok I've identified the confusion more precisely (for the record): it was a git thing. What I didn't understand was why a 0.11.2 build didn't trigger this test: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/configure.ac#L717 - which I thought was added january 20th of 2015 according to the history, however, that commit was part of a PR that only got merged into master last september - after master branched off from .11
348 2016-01-07T19:49:54  <sipa> Yoghur114_2: we started working on the 0.12 branch nearly a year ago
349 2016-01-07T19:50:09  <sipa> 0.11.2 was released from the stable branch
350 2016-01-07T19:50:18  <sipa> 0.12 is now about to mature into a release
351 2016-01-07T19:51:49  *** JackH has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
352 2016-01-07T19:52:38  <Luke-Jr> cfields: /usr/include/boost/thread/future_error_code.hpp:36:53: error: ‘enum_type’ is not a member of ‘boost::future_errc’
353 2016-01-07T19:52:59  <Luke-Jr> this is latest stable boost on Gentoo
354 2016-01-07T19:54:02  <cfields> Luke-Jr: thanks, will have a look after meeting
355 2016-01-07T19:57:04  *** zookolaptop has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
356 2016-01-07T20:01:00  <cfields> Luke-Jr: i can't find any reference to future_error_code.hpp. what boost version?
357 2016-01-07T20:01:51  <cfields> (at that path, anyway)
358 2016-01-07T20:08:31  *** MarcoFalke has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
359 2016-01-07T20:14:26  *** zookolaptop has quit IRC
360 2016-01-07T20:23:55  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
361 2016-01-07T20:27:39  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
362 2016-01-07T20:39:40  *** treehug8_ has quit IRC
363 2016-01-07T20:40:01  *** treehug88 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
364 2016-01-07T20:46:24  <Luke-Jr> cfields: 1.56.0-r1
365 2016-01-07T20:56:16  *** JackH has quit IRC
366 2016-01-07T20:58:19  *** alexpi____ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
367 2016-01-07T21:00:54  <alexpi____> hji
368 2016-01-07T21:01:24  *** alexpi____ has quit IRC
369 2016-01-07T21:02:44  <cfields> Luke-Jr: got it, thanks
370 2016-01-07T21:02:52  <cfields> Luke-Jr: can you paste the whole nasty error please?
371 2016-01-07T21:04:03  <Luke-Jr> cfields: http://codepad.org/a5GoNVqQ
372 2016-01-07T21:04:22  <cfields> Luke-Jr: i think i see. looks like we might need the force defs in a few other places
373 2016-01-07T21:05:11  <cfields> hmm
374 2016-01-07T21:14:39  *** Arnavion has quit IRC
375 2016-01-07T21:14:56  *** Arnavion has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
376 2016-01-07T21:16:13  <Luke-Jr> MarcoFalke: #7081's conflicts are too trivial for a pre-pull merge.
377 2016-01-07T21:18:06  <maaku> harding: as a matter of process, it would have been nice to have more time before merging things like #1194
378 2016-01-07T21:18:41  <maaku> putting something significant like this up and then merging three hours later isn't a good idea
379 2016-01-07T21:19:45  *** go1111111 has quit IRC
380 2016-01-07T21:21:45  <cfields> Luke-Jr: are you compiling in c++11 mode there?
381 2016-01-07T21:24:09  <Luke-Jr> cfields: yes
382 2016-01-07T21:24:18  <Luke-Jr> it works fine in non-C++11 mode
383 2016-01-07T21:24:33  <cfields> do you know if boost was built with c++11?
384 2016-01-07T21:24:37  <Luke-Jr> it was not.
385 2016-01-07T21:24:41  <Luke-Jr> no major distro builds boost with C++11
386 2016-01-07T21:24:42  <cfields> (trying to determine if the test is faulty)
387 2016-01-07T21:24:48  <cfields> ok, good
388 2016-01-07T21:25:22  <cfields> that looks like a legitimate boost bug, but ofc that seems unlikely
389 2016-01-07T21:25:27  <cfields> sec for link
390 2016-01-07T21:25:45  <cfields> https://github.com/boostorg/core/commit/9092fde17ed8bf30b2564d884a774134b53ae127
391 2016-01-07T21:26:14  *** Madars has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
392 2016-01-07T21:26:41  <cfields> can you do a quick hack of your local source to check a fix?
393 2016-01-07T21:27:11  <Luke-Jr> Bitcoin source or boost?
394 2016-01-07T21:27:37  <cfields> boost
395 2016-01-07T21:27:54  <Luke-Jr> I'll have to rebuild boost a few times, but I guess so
396 2016-01-07T21:28:22  <cfields> i think only changing the header should be enough
397 2016-01-07T21:29:11  <cfields> sec for patch
398 2016-01-07T21:37:35  <cfields> Luke-Jr: http://pastebin.com/raw/jG5ag45p
399 2016-01-07T21:39:26  *** Greybits has quit IRC
400 2016-01-07T21:39:55  <cfields> i think just patching boost in-place with that and rebuilding bitcoin should do it, no need to rebuild boost
401 2016-01-07T21:43:21  *** paveljanik has quit IRC
402 2016-01-07T21:45:40  <Luke-Jr> cfields: http://codepad.org/s4lin37Q
403 2016-01-07T21:46:24  <cfields> Luke-Jr: yea, sorry. nuke the first template, they do the same thing
404 2016-01-07T21:46:55  <cfields> so just: http://pastebin.com/raw/MC4xJ51H
405 2016-01-07T21:50:17  *** aj_ has quit IRC
406 2016-01-07T21:50:19  *** Guest87962 has quit IRC
407 2016-01-07T21:51:31  *** aj_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
408 2016-01-07T21:51:31  *** Guest87962 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
409 2016-01-07T21:53:24  <Luke-Jr> cfields: that leaves me at /usr/include/boost/filesystem/operations.hpp:492: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::copy_file(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::filesystem::copy_option, boost::system::error_code*)'
410 2016-01-07T21:53:40  <Luke-Jr> which is bound to be an ABI issue
411 2016-01-07T21:54:24  <cfields> hmm, weird. that's the one that this should've fixed
412 2016-01-07T21:54:59  <cfields> Luke-Jr: did you autogen/reconfigure ?
413 2016-01-07T21:55:33  <Luke-Jr> not since patching the header
414 2016-01-07T21:55:41  *** murch has quit IRC
415 2016-01-07T21:55:55  <cfields> nm, shouldn't matter anyway. the right things are obviously defined
416 2016-01-07T21:55:58  *** treehug88 has quit IRC
417 2016-01-07T21:56:00  *** murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
418 2016-01-07T21:56:41  <cfields> well, one thing at a time...
419 2016-01-07T21:56:46  <Luke-Jr> complete rebuild from autogen doesn't have a difference
420 2016-01-07T21:56:54  <cfields> i guess i should take that patch upstream
421 2016-01-07T21:57:03  <jgarzik> git clean -dfx
422 2016-01-07T21:57:07  <jgarzik> when changing deps
423 2016-01-07T21:57:44  <Luke-Jr> jgarzik: that would destroy so much data of mine..
424 2016-01-07T21:57:50  <Luke-Jr> jgarzik: also, this is using system deps
425 2016-01-07T21:57:56  <cfields> though in our case, 1.60 is the only version affected :\
426 2016-01-07T21:58:27  <cfields> oh wait
427 2016-01-07T21:58:36  <cfields> yea, 1.56. sorry.
428 2016-01-07T21:59:58  <Luke-Jr> fwiw, the actual symbol is boost::filesystem::detail::copy_file(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::filesystem::copy_option>>>>>>::enum_type<<<<<<<<<<, boost::system::error_code*)
429 2016-01-07T22:01:36  <cfields> Luke-Jr: can you see which object it comes from?
430 2016-01-07T22:01:55  <Luke-Jr> ?
431 2016-01-07T22:04:57  <cfields> hmm, i thought nm would tell you that. sec.
432 2016-01-07T22:04:57  *** Greybits has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
433 2016-01-07T22:08:46  <Luke-Jr> cfields: why are you defining FORCE_BOOST_EMULATED_SCOPED_ENUMS in bitcoin-config.h rather than BOOST_NO_SCOPED_ENUMS and BOOST_NO_CXX11_SCOPED_ENUMS ?
434 2016-01-07T22:09:57  <cfields> Luke-Jr: because i prefer to only define local things in that header when possible, so that usage is more explicit
435 2016-01-07T22:10:01  <Luke-Jr> this is caused by some other header pulling in the relevant header before the latter get defined
436 2016-01-07T22:10:26  <Luke-Jr> it's not a local thing, though, it's a boost configuration
437 2016-01-07T22:11:03  <cfields> Luke-Jr: i'll admit, i went back and forth on it in this case. looks like you may be right
438 2016-01-07T22:13:27  <cfields> Luke-Jr: i don't see a path that would cause it to be included somewhere else first, though
439 2016-01-07T22:13:40  <Luke-Jr> cfields: can't assume boost doesn't do it internally..
440 2016-01-07T22:14:18  <cfields> Luke-Jr: simple test, comment out the filesystem.hpp include in walletdb.cpp. fails to build as expected for me.
441 2016-01-07T22:16:03  <Luke-Jr> confirmed http://codepad.org/uwX0co4G builds..
442 2016-01-07T22:17:23  <cfields> Luke-Jr: ok, great. i think you're probably right about the global define.
443 2016-01-07T22:17:24  <Luke-Jr> wallet/db.h includes #include <boost/filesystem/path.hpp>
444 2016-01-07T22:17:46  <Luke-Jr> this is included from walletdb.h
445 2016-01-07T22:17:56  <Luke-Jr> so we also need to include bitcoin-config.h before that
446 2016-01-07T22:18:08  <cfields> yup, got it. i grepped for filesystem.hpp and missed it.
447 2016-01-07T22:18:17  <Luke-Jr> note that test_bitcoin is hanging
448 2016-01-07T22:18:21  *** go1111111 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
449 2016-01-07T22:18:23  <Luke-Jr> nm, it finally finished
450 2016-01-07T22:19:42  <cfields> any chance the header patch isn't needed now that things aren't defined two ways?
451 2016-01-07T22:21:34  <Luke-Jr> hmm
452 2016-01-07T22:21:48  * Luke-Jr testing
453 2016-01-07T22:29:13  <Luke-Jr> cfields: seems to work!
454 2016-01-07T22:29:43  <cfields> weird
455 2016-01-07T22:32:01  <cfields> probably some voodoo wrt template instantiation
456 2016-01-07T22:32:06  <cfields> either way, glad that's all it takes :)
457 2016-01-07T22:32:40  <cfields> you going to pr it or want me to?
458 2016-01-07T22:34:12  <Luke-Jr> go ahead, I just started a bisect
459 2016-01-07T22:34:36  <cfields> ok
460 2016-01-07T22:34:42  <cfields> thanks for tracking it all down!
461 2016-01-07T22:35:13  *** murch has quit IRC
462 2016-01-07T22:35:27  <Luke-Jr> cfields: np, thanks for doing all the hard part
463 2016-01-07T22:39:47  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
464 2016-01-07T22:41:12  <morcos> sipa: wumpus: this has nothing to do with my abandon code, but i discovered in testing.
465 2016-01-07T22:42:01  <morcos> what should happen if you have a tx in your mempool that becomes conflicted b/c of a double spend in a block (so its other inputs are now freed to respend, after #7306)
466 2016-01-07T22:42:15  <morcos> and then that block gets reorged out and the double spend goes away?
467 2016-01-07T22:43:49  <morcos> (i should say i _think_ it has nothing to do with my abandon code)
468 2016-01-07T22:47:30  <Luke-Jr> cfields: do you have access to bitcoincore.org?
469 2016-01-07T22:47:35  <Luke-Jr> https://bitcoincore.org/depends-sources/sdks/MacOSX10.7.sdk.tar.gz is 403'ing
470 2016-01-07T22:47:54  <cfields> Luke-Jr: as intended :)
471 2016-01-07T22:47:59  <Luke-Jr> cfields: which breaks Travis..
472 2016-01-07T22:48:13  <cfields> hmm, travis should have access
473 2016-01-07T22:48:16  <cfields> pr# ?
474 2016-01-07T22:48:22  <Luke-Jr> https://travis-ci.org/luke-jr/bitcoin/jobs/100937885
475 2016-01-07T22:49:31  <Luke-Jr> *how* should Travis have access? O.o
476 2016-01-07T22:50:02  <cfields> Luke-Jr: it's by ip, just a best effort
477 2016-01-07T22:50:07  <Luke-Jr> i c
478 2016-01-07T22:51:23  <Luke-Jr> well, I guess there's another IP to add in the log..
479 2016-01-07T22:52:10  <cfields> Luke-Jr: looking into it
480 2016-01-07T23:11:02  <cfields> Luke-Jr: i think that should do it
481 2016-01-07T23:20:08  *** Greybits has quit IRC
482 2016-01-07T23:32:13  *** MarcoFalke has quit IRC
483 2016-01-07T23:43:16  *** brg444 has quit IRC
484 2016-01-07T23:44:53  *** afk11 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
485 2016-01-07T23:51:11  *** afk11 has quit IRC
486 2016-01-07T23:51:51  *** randy-waterhouse has joined #bitcoin-core-dev