1 2016-11-07T00:00:02  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  2 2016-11-07T00:08:20  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
  3 2016-11-07T00:24:41  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
  4 2016-11-07T00:32:06  *** Alopex has quit IRC
  5 2016-11-07T00:33:12  *** Alopex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  6 2016-11-07T00:59:53  *** instagibbs has quit IRC
  7 2016-11-07T01:07:53  *** instagibbs has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  8 2016-11-07T01:30:36  *** fengling_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  9 2016-11-07T01:35:54  *** DigiByteDev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 10 2016-11-07T01:40:21  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 11 2016-11-07T01:40:45  *** DigiByteDev has quit IRC
 12 2016-11-07T01:40:47  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 13 2016-11-07T01:40:47  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 14 2016-11-07T01:49:37  *** jannes has quit IRC
 15 2016-11-07T01:50:09  *** Ylbam has quit IRC
 16 2016-11-07T01:51:44  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 17 2016-11-07T02:21:13  *** windsok has quit IRC
 18 2016-11-07T02:27:56  *** btcdrak has quit IRC
 19 2016-11-07T02:30:24  *** crudel has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 20 2016-11-07T02:42:12  *** jtimon has quit IRC
 21 2016-11-07T03:22:11  *** aalex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 22 2016-11-07T03:22:22  *** mol has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2016-11-07T03:25:28  *** molz has quit IRC
 24 2016-11-07T03:28:40  *** aalex has quit IRC
 25 2016-11-07T03:36:26  *** DigiByteDev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 26 2016-11-07T03:41:06  *** DigiByteDev has quit IRC
 27 2016-11-07T03:41:20  *** rebroad has quit IRC
 28 2016-11-07T04:00:10  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 29 2016-11-07T04:00:45  *** windsok has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 30 2016-11-07T04:12:21  *** Alopex has quit IRC
 31 2016-11-07T04:13:26  *** Alopex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 32 2016-11-07T04:18:50  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 33 2016-11-07T04:24:00  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
 34 2016-11-07T04:44:26  *** rebroad has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 35 2016-11-07T04:53:07  *** DigiByteDev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 36 2016-11-07T05:02:14  *** btcdrak has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 37 2016-11-07T05:19:59  *** rebroad has quit IRC
 38 2016-11-07T05:22:09  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 39 2016-11-07T05:22:51  <fanquake> Has anyone benched #9039 ? Sipa posted a 1% speedup, but I'm seeing nearly 10%. Wondering if I'm missing something..
 40 2016-11-07T05:22:53  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/9039 | Various serialization simplifcations and optimizations by sipa · Pull Request #9039 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 41 2016-11-07T05:34:18  <sipa> fanquake: highly dependent on your system
 42 2016-11-07T05:34:44  <sipa> i saw 5% in cpu reduction in the disk flushing code
 43 2016-11-07T05:41:03  <fanquake> Ok, I'll post some numbers shortly.
 44 2016-11-07T05:47:11  <sipa> i would estimate that this effect is most visible if you havr fast disk, slow cou, and low dbcache
 45 2016-11-07T05:47:17  <sipa> *slow cpu
 46 2016-11-07T05:47:28  <sipa> but yes, please post numbers
 47 2016-11-07T05:47:35  <sipa> and thank you
 48 2016-11-07T05:59:15  *** rebroad has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 49 2016-11-07T06:08:03  *** DigiByteDev has quit IRC
 50 2016-11-07T06:13:44  *** rebroad has quit IRC
 51 2016-11-07T06:20:19  *** fanquake has quit IRC
 52 2016-11-07T06:22:41  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 53 2016-11-07T06:22:56  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 54 2016-11-07T06:38:16  *** Ylbam has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 55 2016-11-07T06:45:12  *** DigiByteDev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 56 2016-11-07T07:00:05  *** dermoth has quit IRC
 57 2016-11-07T07:01:00  *** dermoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 58 2016-11-07T07:15:40  <fanquake> If anyone want's to chime in on #8639 with any minimum required versions/more info it would be appreciated. When I get a chance I'll turn the tables into some proper documentation. Which will partially fix #8923
 59 2016-11-07T07:15:42  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/8639 | CVEs in depends packages · Issue #8639 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 60 2016-11-07T07:15:42  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/8923 | Need documentation on minimum supported dependency versions · Issue #8923 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 61 2016-11-07T07:30:50  *** DigiByteDev has quit IRC
 62 2016-11-07T07:35:24  <fanquake> #8844 Could use some concept ACK/NACKs, been open for > a month now.
 63 2016-11-07T07:35:25  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/8844 | Change sigops cost to sigops weight by jnewbery · Pull Request #8844 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 64 2016-11-07T07:39:04  *** aalex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 65 2016-11-07T07:41:35  *** BashCo has quit IRC
 66 2016-11-07T07:42:14  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 67 2016-11-07T07:45:47  *** aalex has quit IRC
 68 2016-11-07T07:46:22  *** BashCo has quit IRC
 69 2016-11-07T07:49:18  *** DigiByteDev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 70 2016-11-07T07:54:04  *** aalex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 71 2016-11-07T07:59:52  *** aalex has quit IRC
 72 2016-11-07T08:12:01  *** DigiByteDev has quit IRC
 73 2016-11-07T08:17:06  *** DigiByteDev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 74 2016-11-07T08:19:18  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 75 2016-11-07T08:21:48  <GitHub70> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 4 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/05009935f9ac...7b22e5001a3d
 76 2016-11-07T08:21:49  <GitHub70> bitcoin/master 21b8f3d Kaz Wesley: LockedPool: test handling of invalid allocations...
 77 2016-11-07T08:21:50  <GitHub70> bitcoin/master 0b59f80 Kaz Wesley: LockedPool: fix explosion for illegal-sized alloc...
 78 2016-11-07T08:21:50  <GitHub70> bitcoin/master b3ddc5e Kaz Wesley: LockedPool: avoid quadratic-time allocation...
 79 2016-11-07T08:22:02  <GitHub111> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #9070: Lockedpool fixes (master...lockedpool) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/9070
 80 2016-11-07T08:26:20  *** DigiByteDev has quit IRC
 81 2016-11-07T08:27:14  *** DigiByteDev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 82 2016-11-07T08:28:12  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 83 2016-11-07T08:28:38  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 84 2016-11-07T08:28:38  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 85 2016-11-07T08:34:52  *** CubicEarth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 86 2016-11-07T08:42:47  *** eljaycee has quit IRC
 87 2016-11-07T08:47:09  *** MarcoFalke has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 88 2016-11-07T08:51:49  *** fanquake has quit IRC
 89 2016-11-07T08:53:44  *** CubicEarth has quit IRC
 90 2016-11-07T08:59:44  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 91 2016-11-07T09:00:05  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
 92 2016-11-07T09:07:40  *** aalex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 93 2016-11-07T09:15:07  *** jannes has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 94 2016-11-07T09:22:03  *** rubensayshi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 95 2016-11-07T09:27:08  *** JackH has quit IRC
 96 2016-11-07T09:32:34  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 97 2016-11-07T09:36:30  <GitHub190> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 8 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7b22e5001a3d...c8c572f8f1ea
 98 2016-11-07T09:36:31  <GitHub190> bitcoin/master b98c14c Cory Fields: serialization: teach serializers variadics...
 99 2016-11-07T09:36:31  <GitHub190> bitcoin/master 3e32cd0 Cory Fields: connman is in charge of pushing messages...
100 2016-11-07T09:36:32  <GitHub190> bitcoin/master ea33268 Cory Fields: net: switch all callers to connman for pushing messages...
101 2016-11-07T09:37:17  <GitHub0> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8708: net: have CConnman handle message sending (master...connman-send) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8708
102 2016-11-07T09:38:44  *** udiWertheimer has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
103 2016-11-07T09:40:06  <MarcoFalke> I feel like we should change the releases to only contain a link to the release notes and not the full release notes copied: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/releases
104 2016-11-07T09:40:41  *** udiWertheimer has quit IRC
105 2016-11-07T09:40:42  <wumpus> why? redundancy is pretty good for distributed projects? :-)
106 2016-11-07T09:40:48  *** udiWerth_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
107 2016-11-07T09:41:39  <MarcoFalke> There is no redundancy when the link point to github as well.
108 2016-11-07T09:41:40  *** udiWerth_ has quit IRC
109 2016-11-07T09:41:41  <wumpus> ah you mean linking to the release notes on github - yes that'd make sense
110 2016-11-07T09:41:46  <wumpus> true
111 2016-11-07T09:42:08  <MarcoFalke> It takes 10 minutes to scroll though the releases page
112 2016-11-07T09:42:22  *** udiWertheimer has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
113 2016-11-07T09:42:56  *** aalex has quit IRC
114 2016-11-07T09:43:13  <wumpus> I'm ok with replacing them with a link, on the other hand sipa did all this work to put them in in the first place, I'm not sure it's worth the trouble re-doing it another way
115 2016-11-07T09:43:15  <MarcoFalke> Also, no one will notice if they are changed by someone. They are not signed and can not be verified
116 2016-11-07T09:43:35  *** udiWertheimer has quit IRC
117 2016-11-07T09:43:48  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
118 2016-11-07T09:43:58  <MarcoFalke> Should be a matter of less than 10 minutes. I am happy to do it if sipa is ok with it.
119 2016-11-07T09:44:37  <wumpus> also updating that page should probably be part of the release process
120 2016-11-07T09:57:01  *** udiWertheimer has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
121 2016-11-07T10:09:04  <GitHub68> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #9093: [doc] release-process: Mention GitHub release and archived release notes (master...Mf1611-docRel) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/9093
122 2016-11-07T10:16:43  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
123 2016-11-07T10:29:48  *** CubicEarth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
124 2016-11-07T10:37:56  *** btcdrak has quit IRC
125 2016-11-07T10:40:51  *** DigiByteDev has quit IRC
126 2016-11-07T10:45:20  *** CubicEarth has quit IRC
127 2016-11-07T10:46:49  *** fengling_ has quit IRC
128 2016-11-07T10:51:30  <GitHub89> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/c8c572f8f1ea...5fa7b07565d2
129 2016-11-07T10:51:31  <GitHub89> bitcoin/master 159ed95 Jiaxing Wang: base58: Improve DecodeBase58 performance....
130 2016-11-07T10:51:32  <GitHub89> bitcoin/master e892dc1 Jiaxing Wang: Use prefix operator in for loop of DecodeBase58.
131 2016-11-07T10:51:32  <GitHub89> bitcoin/master 5fa7b07 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8736: base58: Improve DecodeBase58 performance....
132 2016-11-07T10:51:37  <GitHub141> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8736: base58: Improve DecodeBase58 performance. (master...speedup-decodebase58) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8736
133 2016-11-07T11:02:18  *** cdecker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
134 2016-11-07T11:05:57  *** btcdrak has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
135 2016-11-07T11:13:09  *** fengling_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
136 2016-11-07T11:15:39  <GitHub10> [bitcoin] laanwj opened pull request #9094: qt: Use correct conversion function for boost::path datadir (master...2016_11_datadir_in_console) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/9094
137 2016-11-07T11:18:16  *** fengling_ has quit IRC
138 2016-11-07T11:21:43  <btcdrak> luke-jr: I think Andreas has a point https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/pull/472#issuecomment-258794458
139 2016-11-07T11:22:20  *** windsok has quit IRC
140 2016-11-07T11:29:32  *** DigiByteDev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
141 2016-11-07T11:30:52  <GitHub154> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8158: Simplify calls to retrieve credit and balance (master...enhancement/unification-wallet-balance) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8158
142 2016-11-07T11:42:48  *** wasi has quit IRC
143 2016-11-07T11:46:21  *** wasi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
144 2016-11-07T11:52:26  <GitHub181> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/5fa7b07565d2...44f2df613f23
145 2016-11-07T11:52:27  <GitHub181> bitcoin/master 4b04e32 isle2983: [copyright] copyright header style uniform...
146 2016-11-07T11:52:27  <GitHub181> bitcoin/master 44f2df6 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8675: Make copyright header lines uniform...
147 2016-11-07T11:52:38  <GitHub151> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8675: Make copyright header lines uniform (master...copyright-made-uniform) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8675
148 2016-11-07T11:54:37  <GitHub23> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/44f2df613f23...2b799ae9e1e0
149 2016-11-07T11:54:38  <GitHub23> bitcoin/master 66ca6cd S. Matthew English: Enforcing consistency, 'gitian' to 'Gitian'...
150 2016-11-07T11:54:38  <GitHub23> bitcoin/master 2b799ae MarcoFalke: Merge #9083: Enforcing consistency, 'gitian' to 'Gitian'...
151 2016-11-07T11:54:46  <GitHub179> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #9083: Enforcing consistency, 'gitian' to 'Gitian' (master...patch-9) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/9083
152 2016-11-07T12:01:25  *** DigiByteDev has quit IRC
153 2016-11-07T12:03:53  <GitHub3> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/2b799ae9e1e0...2fae5b93468c
154 2016-11-07T12:03:53  <GitHub3> bitcoin/master faead5e MarcoFalke: [doc] release-process: Mention GitHub release and archived release notes
155 2016-11-07T12:03:54  <GitHub3> bitcoin/master 2fae5b9 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #9093: [doc] release-process: Mention GitHub release and archived release notes...
156 2016-11-07T12:04:06  <GitHub31> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #9093: [doc] release-process: Mention GitHub release and archived release notes (master...Mf1611-docRel) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/9093
157 2016-11-07T12:06:19  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
158 2016-11-07T12:07:26  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
159 2016-11-07T12:07:41  <GitHub126> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/2fae5b93468c...078900df75f1
160 2016-11-07T12:07:41  <GitHub126> bitcoin/master 1ee6f91 nomnombtc: new var DIST_CONTRIB adds useful things for packagers from contrib/ to EXTRA_DIST
161 2016-11-07T12:07:42  <GitHub126> bitcoin/master 078900d Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8568: new var DIST_CONTRIB adds useful things for packagers from contrib...
162 2016-11-07T12:10:01  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8568: new var DIST_CONTRIB adds useful things for packagers from contrib (master...DIST_CONTRIB) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8568
163 2016-11-07T12:10:03  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/8568 | new var DIST_CONTRIB adds useful things for packagers from contrib by nomnombtc · Pull Request #8568 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
164 2016-11-07T12:14:00  *** fengling_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
165 2016-11-07T12:14:30  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/078900df75f1...c113a651f1f5
166 2016-11-07T12:14:31  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d32036a Gregory Maxwell: Use RelevantServices instead of node_network in AttemptToEvict....
167 2016-11-07T12:14:31  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c113a65 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #9052: Use RelevantServices instead of node_network in AttemptToEvict....
168 2016-11-07T12:14:33  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/9052 | Use RelevantServices instead of node_network in AttemptToEvict. by gmaxwell · Pull Request #9052 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
169 2016-11-07T12:14:40  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #9052: Use RelevantServices instead of node_network in AttemptToEvict. (master...prefer_relevant2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/9052
170 2016-11-07T12:14:41  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/9052 | Use RelevantServices instead of node_network in AttemptToEvict. by gmaxwell · Pull Request #9052 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
171 2016-11-07T12:15:42  *** mol has quit IRC
172 2016-11-07T12:17:06  *** Victor_sueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
173 2016-11-07T12:19:19  *** fengling_ has quit IRC
174 2016-11-07T12:19:47  *** BashCo_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
175 2016-11-07T12:19:48  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
176 2016-11-07T12:20:22  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/c113a651f1f5...1e50d22ed2df
177 2016-11-07T12:20:22  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1f951c6 R E Broadley: Allow filterclear messages for enabling TX relay only....
178 2016-11-07T12:20:23  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1e50d22 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8709: Allow filterclear messages for enabling TX relay only....
179 2016-11-07T12:20:25  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/8709 | Allow filterclear messages for enabling TX relay only. by rebroad · Pull Request #8709 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
180 2016-11-07T12:20:34  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8709: Allow filterclear messages for enabling TX relay only. (master...AllowFilterclear) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8709
181 2016-11-07T12:20:35  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/8709 | Allow filterclear messages for enabling TX relay only. by rebroad · Pull Request #8709 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
182 2016-11-07T12:22:13  *** Victor_sueca is now known as Victorsueca
183 2016-11-07T12:22:42  *** BashCo has quit IRC
184 2016-11-07T12:33:36  <wumpus> can whoever is in charge of gribble please make it ignore user 'bitcoin-git'?
185 2016-11-07T12:34:02  *** d9b4bef9 has quit IRC
186 2016-11-07T12:34:40  <wumpus> nanotube ^^
187 2016-11-07T12:35:15  *** d9b4bef9 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
188 2016-11-07T12:38:09  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/1e50d22ed2df...3c03dc2cfc07
189 2016-11-07T12:38:10  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b2322e0 Alex Morcos: Remove priority estimation
190 2016-11-07T12:38:10  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0bd581a Alex Morcos: add release notes for removal of priority estimation
191 2016-11-07T12:38:11  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3c03dc2 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #7730: Remove priority estimation...
192 2016-11-07T12:38:12  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/7730 | Remove priority estimation by morcos · Pull Request #7730 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
193 2016-11-07T12:38:46  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #7730: Remove priority estimation (master...removePriEst) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/7730
194 2016-11-07T12:38:48  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/7730 | Remove priority estimation by morcos · Pull Request #7730 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
195 2016-11-07T12:40:06  *** DigiByteDev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
196 2016-11-07T12:42:34  *** murch_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
197 2016-11-07T12:43:05  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/3c03dc2cfc07...8c6218a28ae8
198 2016-11-07T12:43:05  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5ca8ef2 Wladimir J. van der Laan: libconsensus: Add input validation of flags...
199 2016-11-07T12:43:06  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8c6218a Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8976: libconsensus: Add input validation of flags...
200 2016-11-07T12:43:08  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/8976 | libconsensus: Add input validation of flags by laanwj · Pull Request #8976 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
201 2016-11-07T12:43:14  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8976: libconsensus: Add input validation of flags (master...2016_10_bitcoinconsensus_input_checking) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8976
202 2016-11-07T12:43:15  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/8976 | libconsensus: Add input validation of flags by laanwj · Pull Request #8976 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
203 2016-11-07T12:44:29  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/8c6218a28ae8...0b2322b144a0
204 2016-11-07T12:44:29  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ff6639b Pavel Janík: Do not shadow local variable
205 2016-11-07T12:44:30  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0b2322b Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8981: Wshadow: Do not shadow argument with a local variable...
206 2016-11-07T12:44:31  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/8981 | Wshadow: Do not shadow argument with a local variable by paveljanik · Pull Request #8981 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
207 2016-11-07T12:44:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8981: Wshadow: Do not shadow argument with a local variable (master...20161020_Wshadow_rpcdump) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8981
208 2016-11-07T12:44:38  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/8981 | Wshadow: Do not shadow argument with a local variable by paveljanik · Pull Request #8981 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
209 2016-11-07T12:55:38  *** udiWertheimer has quit IRC
210 2016-11-07T12:55:50  *** udiWertheimer has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
211 2016-11-07T13:06:16  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
212 2016-11-07T13:09:29  *** rebroad has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
213 2016-11-07T13:10:49  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
214 2016-11-07T13:15:13  *** fengling_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
215 2016-11-07T13:17:42  <nanotube> wumpus: done
216 2016-11-07T13:20:22  *** fengling_ has quit IRC
217 2016-11-07T13:20:37  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/0b2322b144a0...78cdd643d317
218 2016-11-07T13:20:37  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e760b30 Wladimir J. van der Laan: qt: Use correct conversion function for boost::path datadir...
219 2016-11-07T13:20:38  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 78cdd64 Jonas Schnelli: Merge #9094: qt: Use correct conversion function for boost::path datadir...
220 2016-11-07T13:20:45  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli closed pull request #9094: qt: Use correct conversion function for boost::path datadir (master...2016_11_datadir_in_console) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/9094
221 2016-11-07T13:24:32  <MarcoFalke> jonasschnelli: Can you check if test_random.h is on your gitian machine?
222 2016-11-07T13:24:40  <MarcoFalke> the builds are broken since https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/cdfb7755a6af2e95e8598ca8e8d6896c745bcd72/src/test/test_random.h is merged
223 2016-11-07T13:26:00  <jonasschnelli> MarcoFalke: the first errored build was on 19th of october https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/nightlybuilds/2016-10-19/
224 2016-11-07T13:26:29  <jonasschnelli> Matches ~PR8914
225 2016-11-07T13:29:09  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
226 2016-11-07T13:29:11  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
227 2016-11-07T13:30:08  <MarcoFalke> Jup, I am assuming the file is locally corrupted on your machine
228 2016-11-07T13:33:20  *** To7 has quit IRC
229 2016-11-07T13:35:15  <jonasschnelli> MarcoFalke: hmm... rm inputs/bitcoin and do a fresh local heckout?
230 2016-11-07T13:36:08  <jonasschnelli> File looks good:
231 2016-11-07T13:36:09  <jonasschnelli> openssl dgst -sha256 src/test/test_random.h
232 2016-11-07T13:36:09  <jonasschnelli> SHA256(src/test/test_random.h)= a118ebaa4c62ee05eddd516a819d8311613140abd8fda70fa9ec62e20b2bd83b
233 2016-11-07T13:37:01  <sipa> wumpus, MarcoFalke: it wasn't much work, and i was a bit surprised there was no way to collapse the notes in the releases page, so of anyone cares, i'm fine with changing it to links (but i hope it doesn't cause mass mails again)
234 2016-11-07T13:39:56  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
235 2016-11-07T13:43:15  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
236 2016-11-07T13:44:21  *** ChillazZ has quit IRC
237 2016-11-07T14:02:57  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #9095: test: Fix test_random includes (master...Mf1611-testRand) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/9095
238 2016-11-07T14:04:25  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
239 2016-11-07T14:07:34  *** mol has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
240 2016-11-07T14:07:46  *** mol is now known as moli
241 2016-11-07T14:08:27  <MarcoFalke> Did anyone receive a email for the edit of https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/releases/tag/v0.13.1?
242 2016-11-07T14:10:32  <wumpus> I didn't
243 2016-11-07T14:11:49  <jonasschnelli> No email
244 2016-11-07T14:11:57  <wumpus> looks like you're safe, or maybe gh is queing them all up to send them at once once you finish editing all the tags :)
245 2016-11-07T14:16:11  *** fengling_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
246 2016-11-07T14:17:48  *** DigiByteDev has quit IRC
247 2016-11-07T14:21:25  *** fengling_ has quit IRC
248 2016-11-07T14:24:47  *** aalex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
249 2016-11-07T14:25:12  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
250 2016-11-07T14:31:59  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
251 2016-11-07T14:44:38  <jonasschnelli> MarcoFalke: compiling 9095 over gitian still gives me: test/coins_tests.cpp:10:30: fatal error: test/test_random.h: No such file or directory
252 2016-11-07T14:44:56  <MarcoFalke> :/
253 2016-11-07T14:45:05  <MarcoFalke> Trying local gitian build
254 2016-11-07T14:45:35  <jonasschnelli> I don't understand why we don't have the test headers in the Makefile.test.include
255 2016-11-07T14:45:47  <jonasschnelli> I know it can't be the reason.. but still
256 2016-11-07T14:48:46  <wumpus> I don't understand it either
257 2016-11-07T14:49:30  <wumpus> the .h files should be in SOURCES too
258 2016-11-07T14:49:45  <wumpus> maybe just try adding them?
259 2016-11-07T14:53:30  <sdaftuar> MarcoFalke: regarding the wallet-dump.py test issues i've been seeing, here's an example of a test failure on the machine in question: https://0bin.net/paste/iL+SYGPlmsW0E4DH#
260 2016-11-07T14:53:59  <sdaftuar> MarcoFalke: and the associated debug.log: https://0bin.net/paste/MB8ipmBEQ9WgjMYS#
261 2016-11-07T14:54:36  <sdaftuar> i don't really have any idea why it's so slow on this machine that i use to run all the tests.  i agree with your observation that on other hardware, like the machine i do most of my work on, the test is very fast.
262 2016-11-07T14:54:39  <jtimon> jonasschnelli: any thoughts on https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/master...jtimon:0.13-wallet-less-global ?
263 2016-11-07T14:55:47  <jonasschnelli> jtimon: Yes. Why not. But I think there are more important global stuff to get rid of first.
264 2016-11-07T14:56:00  <jonasschnelli> But your change makes sense
265 2016-11-07T14:56:49  <jonasschnelli> But stuff like "nTxConfirmTarget" and "payTxFee" should be removed from the global scope
266 2016-11-07T14:56:55  <jtimon> yeah, besides I didn't noticed the use of SoftSetBoolArg() when I wrote it though, I would like to do something about that first
267 2016-11-07T14:57:20  <jonasschnelli> Also, there is no reason for declaring fWalletRbf in the header IMO.
268 2016-11-07T14:57:33  <jtimon> just wanted to hear about the const versions of GetArg in general,
269 2016-11-07T14:57:37  <jtimon> thanks
270 2016-11-07T14:57:38  <jonasschnelli> SetSoft is kinda magical. :)
271 2016-11-07T14:57:59  <jtimon> mhmm, more kind of cheating :p
272 2016-11-07T14:58:09  <MarcoFalke> sdaftuar: Can't decrypt the content in the link
273 2016-11-07T14:58:17  <MarcoFalke> Is there a password after the hash#
274 2016-11-07T14:58:25  <MarcoFalke> missing
275 2016-11-07T14:58:52  <wumpus> overhauling argument handling is kind of a project in itself, I wouldn't confound it with other refactors
276 2016-11-07T14:59:42  <sdaftuar> MarcoFalke: oops.  here are the links again: https://0bin.net/paste/iL+SYGPlmsW0E4DH#mK-4hZ5Lc535os5rJ7Cr6MtHsqRaIOt7PIXpHN82qcX
277 2016-11-07T14:59:55  <sdaftuar> https://0bin.net/paste/MB8ipmBEQ9WgjMYS#xGW8WnlIgwDGqWv9-6bbqtV5lvYXTt2jIDPohSVvfgR
278 2016-11-07T15:04:05  <MarcoFalke> Maybe you are out of randomness
279 2016-11-07T15:04:46  <MarcoFalke> Hmm, iirc we are using urandom, so it should not be the cause...
280 2016-11-07T15:06:14  <MarcoFalke> Basically the refill key pool method "sleeps" for 8-9 seconds after generating a couple of keys
281 2016-11-07T15:06:28  <sdaftuar> yeah i see that
282 2016-11-07T15:10:36  <MarcoFalke> Would you mind benchmarking around that?
283 2016-11-07T15:10:40  <MarcoFalke> Maybe around here: https://dev.visucore.com/bitcoin/doxygen/wallet_8cpp_source.html#l00098
284 2016-11-07T15:10:56  <MarcoFalke> jonasschnelli: gitian fails locally
285 2016-11-07T15:11:07  <MarcoFalke> for me as well
286 2016-11-07T15:11:17  <jonasschnelli> MarcoFalke: Okay. Thats good.
287 2016-11-07T15:11:20  <sdaftuar> sure, i'll give it a shot.
288 2016-11-07T15:12:06  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
289 2016-11-07T15:13:36  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
290 2016-11-07T15:17:15  *** fengling_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
291 2016-11-07T15:20:09  *** Victor_sueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
292 2016-11-07T15:21:35  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
293 2016-11-07T15:21:36  *** Victor_sueca is now known as Victorsueca
294 2016-11-07T15:22:00  <MarcoFalke> jtimon: Wouldn't it make sense to create a separate class for parsing instead.
295 2016-11-07T15:22:24  <MarcoFalke> I mean not passing the global is a trivial improvement, but it won't help us in the long term goal
296 2016-11-07T15:22:28  *** fengling_ has quit IRC
297 2016-11-07T15:23:13  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
298 2016-11-07T15:23:53  <jtimon> not sure, maybe, so far it would be just those 3 getarg methods, maybe getAmountArg too
299 2016-11-07T15:24:43  <jtimon> I don't really see much diferrence on passing the map as it is as const or pass it as a class (also as const)
300 2016-11-07T15:24:59  <MarcoFalke> I mean why would the wallet need to know that mapArgs is of such type? Why would the wallet need to know mapArgs exists at all?
301 2016-11-07T15:25:32  <jtimon> why would it need to know about the new class? it's the same, no?
302 2016-11-07T15:26:49  <MarcoFalke> Imo you are exposing too much internal details with the new interface.
303 2016-11-07T15:30:08  <MarcoFalke> It is similar, but not the same. I think a new class could help to rework the arg handling.
304 2016-11-07T15:30:59  <MarcoFalke> First, you instanciate CArgParse with the args provided by each module. Then you can parse the args and finally each module can ask the instance for the value of each arg...
305 2016-11-07T15:31:27  *** otium has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
306 2016-11-07T15:31:57  <MarcoFalke> If there are args present in the map which are not provided by any module you can warn the user
307 2016-11-07T15:39:33  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
308 2016-11-07T15:42:27  *** Ylbam has quit IRC
309 2016-11-07T15:42:27  *** zmanian____ has quit IRC
310 2016-11-07T15:42:28  *** wbnns has quit IRC
311 2016-11-07T15:42:30  *** mturquette has quit IRC
312 2016-11-07T15:42:31  *** NicolasDorier has quit IRC
313 2016-11-07T15:43:19  *** btcdrak has quit IRC
314 2016-11-07T15:43:20  *** limpkin has quit IRC
315 2016-11-07T15:43:32  * jtimon notes MANDATORY_SCRIPT_VERIFY_FLAGS is outdated
316 2016-11-07T15:43:45  *** cfields_ has quit IRC
317 2016-11-07T15:43:57  *** Ylbam has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
318 2016-11-07T15:44:31  *** NicolasDorier has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
319 2016-11-07T15:44:51  *** cfields has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
320 2016-11-07T15:45:20  *** zmanian____ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
321 2016-11-07T15:45:34  <jtimon> MarcoFalke: oh, I see, yeah I guess for extra checks it may make sense, not sure it's worth it to parse a different mapArgs for each module and sounds like nasty work
322 2016-11-07T15:45:36  *** mturquette has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
323 2016-11-07T15:45:43  *** btcdrak has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
324 2016-11-07T15:46:30  *** wbnns has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
325 2016-11-07T15:46:39  <jtimon> regarding "exposing too much details" maybe a typedef for the map will help? or you just want to encapsulate the map? in that case you will definitely need more methods, like getAmountArg
326 2016-11-07T15:48:34  *** limpkin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
327 2016-11-07T15:48:38  <MarcoFalke> It is a single mapArgs internally and each module provides all valid parameter names to the arg parse class somwehere in init.cpp
328 2016-11-07T15:50:23  <MarcoFalke> In a second step you actually parse. And thereafter, the modules can query their values by providing a the corresponding parameter name
329 2016-11-07T15:55:53  *** rebroad has quit IRC
330 2016-11-07T15:57:26  <MarcoFalke> jonasschnelli: amended your suggestion. #9095 should pass now
331 2016-11-07T15:57:28  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/9095 | test: Fix test_random includes by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #9095 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
332 2016-11-07T15:57:40  <jonasschnelli> MarcoFalke: okay. Building again
333 2016-11-07T16:01:45  *** Ylbam has quit IRC
334 2016-11-07T16:07:33  *** Ylbam has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
335 2016-11-07T16:09:34  *** JackH has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
336 2016-11-07T16:11:09  <jonasschnelli> MarcoFalke: still got: test/coins_tests.cpp:10:30: fatal error: test/test_random.h: No such file or directory
337 2016-11-07T16:11:17  <jonasschnelli> Do i need to flush/remove something?
338 2016-11-07T16:11:27  <jonasschnelli> Ah.. shit..
339 2016-11-07T16:11:40  <jonasschnelli> checked wrong log... still compiling. False alarm.
340 2016-11-07T16:16:41  *** btcdrak has quit IRC
341 2016-11-07T16:16:41  *** NicolasDorier has quit IRC
342 2016-11-07T16:17:01  <MarcoFalke> Heh, the fact that it didn't fail until now probably means it will pass.
343 2016-11-07T16:17:09  *** mturquette has quit IRC
344 2016-11-07T16:18:05  *** mturquette has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
345 2016-11-07T16:18:13  *** fengling_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
346 2016-11-07T16:18:28  <jonasschnelli> Yes. Seems to be passing... qt stuff is now compiling
347 2016-11-07T16:20:51  *** btcdrak has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
348 2016-11-07T16:20:55  *** NicolasDorier has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
349 2016-11-07T16:22:54  *** fengling_ has quit IRC
350 2016-11-07T16:34:28  *** JackH_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
351 2016-11-07T16:36:49  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
352 2016-11-07T16:37:53  * jtimon doesn't like BlockAssembler::CreateNewBlock uses global chainActive, could just take CBlockIndex* pindexPrev = chainActive.Tip() as param...
353 2016-11-07T16:39:05  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
354 2016-11-07T16:46:26  *** JackH_ has quit IRC
355 2016-11-07T16:48:19  <sdaftuar> MarcoFalke: i tried adding some instrumentation to GenerateNewKey.  It looks like the disk-related calls (WriteHDChain, AddKeyPubKey) are what can be slow, but aren't always
356 2016-11-07T16:49:46  <sdaftuar> MarcoFalke: i'm guessing it's just an issue with my disk being a bottleneck when the machine gets loaded.  it's a spinning disk, and i have a lot of jobs running on this machine potentially at the same time
357 2016-11-07T16:55:34  <sdaftuar> MarcoFalke: i'll probably migrate my test-running to a new machine that's less loaded but i think bumping timeouts to avoid transient errors is still something we might as well do, not really any downside right?
358 2016-11-07T16:56:55  <MarcoFalke> Yeah, a minute should do it, though. No need to wait for a quarter hour to see something timed out.
359 2016-11-07T16:57:22  <sdaftuar> yeah
360 2016-11-07T16:59:16  *** atroxes has quit IRC
361 2016-11-07T17:03:55  *** atroxes has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
362 2016-11-07T17:05:34  *** rubensayshi has quit IRC
363 2016-11-07T17:11:36  *** LeMiner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
364 2016-11-07T17:12:37  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
365 2016-11-07T17:13:36  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
366 2016-11-07T17:18:26  *** udiWertheimer has quit IRC
367 2016-11-07T17:18:46  *** abpa has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
368 2016-11-07T17:19:05  *** fengling_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
369 2016-11-07T17:22:20  <andytoshi> is there a simple or linkable reason that segwit blocks need to commit to witness data at all? this is hard to google for, seems like this is always a background assumption, but it's coming up in context of mimblewimble..
370 2016-11-07T17:24:34  *** fengling_ has quit IRC
371 2016-11-07T17:24:59  <sipa> the most important reason is DoS protection
372 2016-11-07T17:25:55  <sipa> usually, we can assume that a high frequency of incoming blocks (which pass PoW) is impossible, because PoW prevents that
373 2016-11-07T17:27:09  <sipa> but if witness data is not committed to, you cannot distinguish between the case where a miner simply created an invalid block, or your relay peer damaged the witness in flight, and thus you can no longer make validation failure result in the block being marked permanently invalid
374 2016-11-07T17:27:42  <andytoshi> ok, cool, that's what i had thought
375 2016-11-07T17:27:58  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
376 2016-11-07T17:28:25  <andytoshi> there is a related DoS vector with in-flight transactions though, and they don't have PoW
377 2016-11-07T17:28:35  <andytoshi> i guess that is dealt with by just banning peers?
378 2016-11-07T17:29:37  <sipa> right
379 2016-11-07T17:29:48  <sipa> the issue does exist for transactions
380 2016-11-07T17:30:04  <sipa> but the cost of a transaction for validation is much lower
381 2016-11-07T17:30:26  <andytoshi> ok, great, thanks
382 2016-11-07T17:30:38  <sipa> and failure to process a transaction in a short time does not result in network convergence being hurt
383 2016-11-07T17:30:46  <andytoshi> yeah, that just occured to me
384 2016-11-07T17:31:06  <sipa> ... though after compact blocks, they sort of do, in a weaker way
385 2016-11-07T17:31:57  <andytoshi> well, peer banning on bad blocks (that aren't actually bad) could lead to a sybil attack being amplified to a permanent fork i suspect
386 2016-11-07T17:32:02  <andytoshi> the risk with CB is that things will be slower
387 2016-11-07T17:32:26  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/78cdd643d317...1253f8692fc3
388 2016-11-07T17:32:27  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8463aaa Russell Yanofsky: [qa] Increase wallet-dump RPC timeout...
389 2016-11-07T17:32:28  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e89614b Russell Yanofsky: [qa] Add more helpful RPC timeout message...
390 2016-11-07T17:32:28  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1253f86 MarcoFalke: Merge #9077: [qa] Increase wallet-dump RPC timeout...
391 2016-11-07T17:32:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #9077: [qa] Increase wallet-dump RPC timeout (master...fix-wallet-dump-timeout) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/9077
392 2016-11-07T17:47:42  *** BashCo_ has quit IRC
393 2016-11-07T17:47:57  *** btcdrak has quit IRC
394 2016-11-07T17:48:18  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
395 2016-11-07T17:48:24  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
396 2016-11-07T17:52:49  *** BashCo has quit IRC
397 2016-11-07T17:58:29  *** DigiByteDev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
398 2016-11-07T18:04:01  *** grubles has quit IRC
399 2016-11-07T18:05:32  *** abpa has quit IRC
400 2016-11-07T18:06:08  *** CubicEarth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
401 2016-11-07T18:07:17  *** atroxes has quit IRC
402 2016-11-07T18:07:32  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
403 2016-11-07T18:08:31  *** grubles has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
404 2016-11-07T18:14:38  *** atroxes has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
405 2016-11-07T18:19:10  <instagibbs> So I noticed that AcceptBlock attempts to validate various amounts of the genesisblock upon reindexing. Is this desired behavior? For example, it checks for height in coinbase if bip34height is set to <= 0
406 2016-11-07T18:20:12  <instagibbs> I don't know the validation flow very well, so perhaps this is ok, but I've been told Core doesn't validate the genesis block.
407 2016-11-07T18:20:16  *** fengling_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
408 2016-11-07T18:20:35  <BlueMatt> reminder: the first round of public 33c3 tickets go on sale in ~40 minutes
409 2016-11-07T18:21:02  <BlueMatt> wumpus: ^ :p
410 2016-11-07T18:21:03  *** CubicEarth has quit IRC
411 2016-11-07T18:21:38  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
412 2016-11-07T18:25:00  *** fengling_ has quit IRC
413 2016-11-07T18:30:41  <instagibbs> I now understand that this won't fork anyone off, but it might make sense to special case the genesis block again for this case.
414 2016-11-07T18:30:49  <instagibbs> (this meaning current behavior)
415 2016-11-07T18:32:24  <sipa> instagibbs: imho, we should not apply any tests to genssis
416 2016-11-07T18:32:50  <instagibbs> Ok, I can PR something
417 2016-11-07T18:35:23  *** CubicEarth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
418 2016-11-07T18:46:14  *** btcdrak has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
419 2016-11-07T18:49:42  <instagibbs> sipa, ConnectBlock calls CheckBlock on genesis right before it short-circuits the rest of the logic. Comment above said CheckBlock is "// Check it again in case a previous version let a bad block in"
420 2016-11-07T18:52:13  *** abpa has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
421 2016-11-07T18:52:24  <sipa> instagibbs: that's a very old comment
422 2016-11-07T18:53:11  <instagibbs> Could you elaborate on what a newer comment explaining the line would entail :)
423 2016-11-07T18:54:03  <instagibbs> From a naive reviewer I'd say it's a bunch of cheap checks to run before loading coins, validating everything else.
424 2016-11-07T18:57:43  <cfields> sipa / wumpus: thanks for helping out on #8708. Just catching up after being out of town for the weekend. I was expecting to fix it up today, but finding it already merged is even better :)
425 2016-11-07T18:57:53  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/8708 | net: have CConnman handle message sending by theuni · Pull Request #8708 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
426 2016-11-07T19:11:07  *** CubicEarth has quit IRC
427 2016-11-07T19:21:15  *** fengling_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
428 2016-11-07T19:22:09  *** owowo has quit IRC
429 2016-11-07T19:24:04  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
430 2016-11-07T19:25:10  *** CubicEarth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
431 2016-11-07T19:26:03  *** fengling_ has quit IRC
432 2016-11-07T19:39:38  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #9097: [qa] Rework sync_* and preciousblock.py (master...Mf1611-qaSyncAndPrecious) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/9097
433 2016-11-07T19:41:00  *** DigiByteDev has quit IRC
434 2016-11-07T19:55:58  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
435 2016-11-07T19:59:50  <jtimon> how can the same test pass when make check but not with test_bitcoin --run_test=MyTest ?
436 2016-11-07T20:00:20  <sipa> it means you're leaving some state around and not cleaning it up
437 2016-11-07T20:06:07  <jtimon> within the test?
438 2016-11-07T20:07:00  <MarcoFalke> In a previous test. So MyTest depends on a previous test, which it should not.
439 2016-11-07T20:09:55  <jtimon> oh, I see
440 2016-11-07T20:10:09  <jtimon> may be, let me comment the previous test
441 2016-11-07T20:10:12  <jtimon> thanks
442 2016-11-07T20:10:20  <sipa> or _any_ previous test
443 2016-11-07T20:21:42  <jtimon> yes, it is my own previous test in the same file, but I still don't understand why, thanks again
444 2016-11-07T20:22:06  *** fengling_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
445 2016-11-07T20:24:58  *** blkdb has quit IRC
446 2016-11-07T20:25:05  *** blkdb has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
447 2016-11-07T20:27:06  *** fengling_ has quit IRC
448 2016-11-07T20:30:05  *** satosh-777-xl_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
449 2016-11-07T20:36:49  *** murch_ is now known as murch
450 2016-11-07T20:42:52  <satosh-777-xl_> I asked this on bitcoin-dev and was told to check the developer notes and then post on here if I couldn't find anything.. Anyways as core is moving away from boost and BOOST_FOREACH loops in favor of standard C++ (11), is the following for loop syntax acceptable?
451 2016-11-07T20:42:53  <satosh-777-xl_> for (Class c : vClass) { c.nonce++ }
452 2016-11-07T20:48:01  <sipa> that won't work. that syntax will make c into a copy of the item being iterator over
453 2016-11-07T20:50:31  <satosh-777-xl_> I'm sorry, that loop is broken. I was just wondering if that code style (if it didn't have the error of copying c) is okay or if for (size_t i = 0; i < 10; i++) should be the only style used
454 2016-11-07T20:52:00  <sipa> (Class c& : vClass) {
455 2016-11-07T20:52:03  <sipa> for (Class c& : vClass) {
456 2016-11-07T20:54:32  <satosh-777-xl_> Okay, so if used correctly that style of for loop is okay to use in a new pull request?
457 2016-11-07T20:54:55  <sipa> yes
458 2016-11-07T20:56:18  *** jannes has quit IRC
459 2016-11-07T20:56:55  <satosh-777-xl_> Thanks you I was curious, thats all :)
460 2016-11-07T20:57:01  <satosh-777-xl_> *thank you
461 2016-11-07T21:04:34  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
462 2016-11-07T21:17:42  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
463 2016-11-07T21:18:26  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
464 2016-11-07T21:20:04  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
465 2016-11-07T21:23:17  *** fengling_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
466 2016-11-07T21:25:32  <cfields> morcos: re yesterday's ping, it should be fixed in master now. The fix (8708) was PR'd a long time ago, it just took a while to get merged.
467 2016-11-07T21:27:05  <morcos> cfields: thanks! i did try scanning open PR's but not thoroughly enough I guess and missed it.
468 2016-11-07T21:28:09  *** fengling_ has quit IRC
469 2016-11-07T21:32:14  *** whphhg has quit IRC
470 2016-11-07T21:39:04  <btcdrak> wumpus: looks like jgarzik merged that JSON whitespace issue upstream, what is the next step - once that is merged into core we'll need to remove the white space from a couple of fixtures in src/test/data/*.json files.
471 2016-11-07T21:55:06  *** MarcoFalke has quit IRC
472 2016-11-07T21:58:53  *** webi has quit IRC
473 2016-11-07T22:04:34  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #9098: [qa] Handle zombies and cluttered tmpdirs (master...Mf1611-qaZombies) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/9098
474 2016-11-07T22:04:41  *** MarcoFalke has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
475 2016-11-07T22:08:05  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
476 2016-11-07T22:17:48  *** destry has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
477 2016-11-07T22:18:50  *** destry has left #bitcoin-core-dev
478 2016-11-07T22:20:14  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/1253f8692fc3...9f554e03ebe5
479 2016-11-07T22:20:15  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fe1dc62 Matt Corallo: Hash P2P messages as they are received instead of at process-time
480 2016-11-07T22:20:15  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9f554e0 Pieter Wuille: Merge #9045: Hash P2P messages as they are received instead of at process-time...
481 2016-11-07T22:20:24  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa closed pull request #9045: Hash P2P messages as they are received instead of at process-time (master...2016-10-p2p-hash) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/9045
482 2016-11-07T22:20:41  *** belcher has quit IRC
483 2016-11-07T22:21:09  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
484 2016-11-07T22:21:17  *** belcher has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
485 2016-11-07T22:21:52  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
486 2016-11-07T22:24:18  *** fengling_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
487 2016-11-07T22:29:12  *** fengling_ has quit IRC
488 2016-11-07T22:34:47  <BlueMatt> lol, sipa, did you go through all my pulls just to tell me that i need to rebase all of them? :p
489 2016-11-07T22:34:54  <BlueMatt> fucking cfields and his refactors....
490 2016-11-07T22:35:15  <cfields> BlueMatt: i could say the same about you :)
491 2016-11-07T22:35:49  <BlueMatt> heh, true
492 2016-11-07T22:35:56  <sipa> BlueMatt: yes
493 2016-11-07T22:36:21  <sipa> BlueMatt: i didn't expect they'd all need rebasing
494 2016-11-07T22:37:31  <BlueMatt> heh, all good
495 2016-11-07T22:38:06  <cfields> BlueMatt: I'm getting ready to PR the layer violation fix you requested (avoiding having CConnman do the serializing). It'll touch all PushMessage one last time. Would you like me to hold off until some of yours go in?
496 2016-11-07T22:38:46  <cfields> not sure if that disrupts you at all
497 2016-11-07T22:39:11  <BlueMatt> naa, all good, those are trivial rebaes
498 2016-11-07T22:39:13  <BlueMatt> rebases
499 2016-11-07T22:39:27  <cfields> ok
500 2016-11-07T22:39:42  <gmaxwell> sipa: "an unintentionally strong preference for witness peers" < well it was as strong as I intend it to be, after SW activates I was planning on merging the NODE_WITNESS preference into the node-network one and making it absolute and not a preference. In releases post sw I think we shouldn't connect out at all to non sw peers.
501 2016-11-07T22:40:24  <cfields> sipa: i think i've decided against the refcounted messages altogether. I just can't see a clean way to make it happen. And you pretty much convinced me it wouldn't be effective anyway.
502 2016-11-07T22:41:05  <cfields> gmaxwell: heh, sorry, apparently i type too slowly :)
503 2016-11-07T22:41:49  <sipa> gmaxwell: it seems arbitrary to base it on the number of connections, and not the number of witness connections
504 2016-11-07T22:42:05  <sipa> maybe it was what you intended, but then i misunderstood the intention
505 2016-11-07T22:44:29  *** satosh-777-xl_ has quit IRC
506 2016-11-07T22:44:46  <gmaxwell> sipa: the intention was "don't leave ourselves totally disconnected because we're insisting on witness peers"-- which is a reasonable thing to do before segwit is activated and when the number of witness peers is low.
507 2016-11-07T22:45:34  <gmaxwell> I would much rather prefer that all of a node's outbound were witness peers, even now. But that was unrealistic in 0.13.1 due to the chicken/egg problem. :)
508 2016-11-07T22:45:44  <sipa> gmaxwell: i see
509 2016-11-07T22:46:05  <phantomcircuit> rebased #8831
510 2016-11-07T22:46:07  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/8831 | Replace CWalletDB::ReadKeyValue with CWallet::LoadKeyValue by pstratem · Pull Request #8831 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
511 2016-11-07T22:58:12  <BlueMatt> rebased all the things
512 2016-11-07T23:00:49  <phantomcircuit> BlueMatt: indeed
513 2016-11-07T23:00:55  <phantomcircuit> this one is my own fault though
514 2016-11-07T23:01:01  <phantomcircuit> so i dont get to blame anybody else
515 2016-11-07T23:13:59  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
516 2016-11-07T23:20:03  *** cdecker has quit IRC
517 2016-11-07T23:22:23  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
518 2016-11-07T23:23:05  *** cryptapus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
519 2016-11-07T23:24:44  *** davec has quit IRC
520 2016-11-07T23:25:10  *** fengling_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
521 2016-11-07T23:26:46  *** MarcoFalke has left #bitcoin-core-dev
522 2016-11-07T23:27:49  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
523 2016-11-07T23:28:01  *** cryptapus has quit IRC
524 2016-11-07T23:28:12  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
525 2016-11-07T23:30:15  *** fengling_ has quit IRC
526 2016-11-07T23:32:37  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
527 2016-11-07T23:41:10  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
528 2016-11-07T23:41:28  *** cheese_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
529 2016-11-07T23:59:56  <jtimon> BlueMatt: btw I read the last commit of TheBlueMatt/net_processing_file and I like the movement at the end