1 2017-06-01T00:19:31  *** chjj has quit IRC
  2 2017-06-01T00:32:36  *** jannes has quit IRC
  3 2017-06-01T00:33:08  *** chjj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  4 2017-06-01T00:36:08  *** Ylbam has quit IRC
  5 2017-06-01T00:47:23  *** ccook has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  6 2017-06-01T00:50:38  *** mryandao has quit IRC
  7 2017-06-01T00:54:36  *** dabura667 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  8 2017-06-01T00:56:06  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  9 2017-06-01T01:12:04  *** mryandao has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 10 2017-06-01T01:47:22  *** talmai has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 11 2017-06-01T01:57:45  *** moli has quit IRC
 12 2017-06-01T02:00:23  *** Dyaheon has quit IRC
 13 2017-06-01T02:02:24  *** Dyaheon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 14 2017-06-01T02:05:01  *** mol has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 15 2017-06-01T02:11:04  *** rilos has quit IRC
 16 2017-06-01T02:24:09  *** RubenSomsen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 17 2017-06-01T02:28:57  *** nemgun1 has quit IRC
 18 2017-06-01T02:51:35  *** BashCo has quit IRC
 19 2017-06-01T02:52:07  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 20 2017-06-01T02:53:24  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 21 2017-06-01T02:54:52  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
 22 2017-06-01T02:55:11  *** rilos has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2017-06-01T03:01:41  *** rilos_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 24 2017-06-01T03:02:22  *** rilos has quit IRC
 25 2017-06-01T03:02:44  *** m0dus0ps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 26 2017-06-01T03:09:11  *** harrymm has quit IRC
 27 2017-06-01T03:14:17  *** m0dus0ps has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 28 2017-06-01T03:28:39  *** harrymm has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 29 2017-06-01T03:34:16  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
 30 2017-06-01T03:56:43  *** rilos_ has quit IRC
 31 2017-06-01T03:57:56  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 32 2017-06-01T04:00:04  *** red_crow has quit IRC
 33 2017-06-01T04:10:23  *** btcdrak has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 34 2017-06-01T04:11:15  *** PatBoy has quit IRC
 35 2017-06-01T04:20:01  *** Dyaheon has quit IRC
 36 2017-06-01T04:21:12  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift opened pull request #10493: Use range-based for loops (C+11) when looping over map elements (master...map) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10493
 37 2017-06-01T04:21:59  *** PatBoy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 38 2017-06-01T04:23:33  *** Dyaheon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 39 2017-06-01T04:26:12  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
 40 2017-06-01T04:44:53  *** RubenSomsen has quit IRC
 41 2017-06-01T04:49:02  *** PatBoy has quit IRC
 42 2017-06-01T04:53:29  *** jtimon has quit IRC
 43 2017-06-01T05:02:46  *** PatBoy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 44 2017-06-01T05:03:11  *** PatBoy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 45 2017-06-01T05:36:05  *** cryptapus_afk has quit IRC
 46 2017-06-01T05:41:42  *** cryptapus_afk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 47 2017-06-01T05:41:42  *** cryptapus_afk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 48 2017-06-01T05:46:46  *** SopaXorzTaker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 49 2017-06-01T06:00:04  *** dermoth has quit IRC
 50 2017-06-01T06:01:07  *** dermoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 51 2017-06-01T06:08:33  *** RubenSomsen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 52 2017-06-01T06:25:36  *** talmai has quit IRC
 53 2017-06-01T06:27:53  *** Dyaheon has quit IRC
 54 2017-06-01T06:29:14  *** Dyaheon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 55 2017-06-01T06:40:09  *** JackH has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 56 2017-06-01T06:42:17  *** rilos has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 57 2017-06-01T06:48:05  *** windsok has quit IRC
 58 2017-06-01T06:50:10  *** BashCo has quit IRC
 59 2017-06-01T06:52:35  *** windsok has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 60 2017-06-01T07:04:53  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 61 2017-06-01T07:12:10  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 62 2017-06-01T07:17:49  *** vicenteH has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 63 2017-06-01T07:22:02  *** justan0theruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 64 2017-06-01T07:23:23  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
 65 2017-06-01T07:33:24  *** tiagotrs has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 66 2017-06-01T07:52:35  *** JackH has quit IRC
 67 2017-06-01T07:59:00  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 68 2017-06-01T08:00:03  *** PaulCapestany has quit IRC
 69 2017-06-01T08:00:23  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 70 2017-06-01T08:02:50  *** Cory has quit IRC
 71 2017-06-01T08:03:53  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 72 2017-06-01T08:04:53  *** tiagotrs has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 73 2017-06-01T08:06:01  *** JackH has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 74 2017-06-01T08:08:20  *** PaulCapestany has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 75 2017-06-01T08:09:14  *** Cory has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 76 2017-06-01T08:14:16  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #10459: I found I needed to use gmake on FreeBSD 10.3 (0.14...patch-2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10459
 77 2017-06-01T08:25:12  *** ndrchvzz has quit IRC
 78 2017-06-01T08:30:25  *** Ylbam has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 79 2017-06-01T08:33:56  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 80 2017-06-01T08:35:03  *** Aaronva__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 81 2017-06-01T08:37:35  *** Aaronvan_ has quit IRC
 82 2017-06-01T08:38:46  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 83 2017-06-01T08:41:04  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj opened pull request #10495: contrib: Update location of seeds.txt (master...2017_06_seeds_source) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10495
 84 2017-06-01T08:42:54  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/18ba984140be...10e8c0a298b3
 85 2017-06-01T08:42:54  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1983c87 Wladimir J. van der Laan: devtools: Retry after signing fails in github-merge...
 86 2017-06-01T08:42:55  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 10e8c0a Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #10486: devtools: Retry after signing fails in github-merge...
 87 2017-06-01T08:43:29  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #10486: devtools: Retry after signing fails in github-merge (master...2017_05_githubmerge_sign_error) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10486
 88 2017-06-01T08:48:39  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/10e8c0a298b3...ef2d062c9f72
 89 2017-06-01T08:48:39  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1b6602f Russell Yanofsky: Fix bumpfee rpc "errors" return value
 90 2017-06-01T08:48:40  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ef2d062 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #10450: Fix bumpfee rpc "errors" return value...
 91 2017-06-01T08:49:14  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #10450: Fix bumpfee rpc "errors" return value (master...pr/berr) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10450
 92 2017-06-01T08:51:24  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/ef2d062c9f72...f259263a7b11
 93 2017-06-01T08:51:24  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master cd5622d Wladimir J. van der Laan: Make bitcoind invalid argument error message specific...
 94 2017-06-01T08:51:25  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f259263 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #10447: Make bitcoind invalid argument error message specific...
 95 2017-06-01T08:51:59  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #10447: Make bitcoind invalid argument error message specific (master...2017_05_bitcoind_commandline_error) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10447
 96 2017-06-01T08:54:04  *** owowo has quit IRC
 97 2017-06-01T09:04:53  *** Lauda has quit IRC
 98 2017-06-01T09:05:06  *** Lauda has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 99 2017-06-01T09:05:13  *** Lauda has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
100 2017-06-01T09:06:28  *** Lauda has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
101 2017-06-01T09:12:41  *** riemann has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
102 2017-06-01T09:24:27  *** JackH has quit IRC
103 2017-06-01T09:30:07  *** btcdrak has quit IRC
104 2017-06-01T09:35:21  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
105 2017-06-01T09:38:20  *** JackH has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
106 2017-06-01T09:53:57  *** tunafizz has quit IRC
107 2017-06-01T09:54:08  *** tunafizz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
108 2017-06-01T09:54:53  *** cysm_ has quit IRC
109 2017-06-01T09:59:53  *** cysm_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
110 2017-06-01T10:01:50  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
111 2017-06-01T10:02:26  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
112 2017-06-01T10:12:13  *** BashCo has quit IRC
113 2017-06-01T10:12:56  *** jtimon has quit IRC
114 2017-06-01T10:15:10  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
115 2017-06-01T10:23:30  *** beatrootfarmer has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
116 2017-06-01T10:27:31  *** goatturneer has quit IRC
117 2017-06-01T10:31:10  *** jannes has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
118 2017-06-01T10:38:21  *** Aaronva__ has quit IRC
119 2017-06-01T10:41:41  *** SopaXorzTaker has quit IRC
120 2017-06-01T10:42:29  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
121 2017-06-01T10:44:08  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] benma opened pull request #10496: Add Binds, WhiteBinds, Whitelistedrange to CConnman::Options (master...connman_options) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10496
122 2017-06-01T10:56:05  *** SopaXorzTaker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
123 2017-06-01T11:00:18  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/f259263a7b11...6a38b79de439
124 2017-06-01T11:00:18  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ac9cd95 Wladimir J. van der Laan: contrib: Update location of seeds.txt...
125 2017-06-01T11:00:19  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6a38b79 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #10495: contrib: Update location of seeds.txt...
126 2017-06-01T11:00:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #10495: contrib: Update location of seeds.txt (master...2017_06_seeds_source) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10495
127 2017-06-01T11:10:28  *** BashCo has quit IRC
128 2017-06-01T11:16:56  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
129 2017-06-01T11:19:57  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/6a38b79de439...b6b150b01668
130 2017-06-01T11:19:57  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 16d94d3 James Evans: Fixing typo in rpcdump.cpp
131 2017-06-01T11:19:58  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b6b150b Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #10469: Fixing typo in rpcdump.cpp...
132 2017-06-01T11:20:32  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #10469: Fixing typo in rpcdump.cpp (master...patch-2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10469
133 2017-06-01T11:24:55  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/b6b150b01668...cb1716acc720
134 2017-06-01T11:24:55  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b6fbfc2 Cory Fields: net: only enforce the services required to connect...
135 2017-06-01T11:24:56  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master cb1716a Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #10441: net: only enforce expected services for half of outgoing connections...
136 2017-06-01T11:25:27  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #10441: net: only enforce expected services for half of outgoing connections (master...serviceflags-required) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10441
137 2017-06-01T11:25:36  *** str4d has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2017-06-01T11:30:31  *** elkalamar has quit IRC
139 2017-06-01T11:43:46  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
140 2017-06-01T11:47:13  *** Guest60055 has quit IRC
141 2017-06-01T11:47:46  *** dermoth has quit IRC
142 2017-06-01T11:48:30  *** dermoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
143 2017-06-01T11:53:03  *** RubenSomsen has quit IRC
144 2017-06-01T11:55:07  *** JackH has quit IRC
145 2017-06-01T11:59:43  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
146 2017-06-01T12:02:02  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
147 2017-06-01T12:02:12  *** goatturneer has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
148 2017-06-01T12:03:04  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
149 2017-06-01T12:05:59  *** beatrootfarmer has quit IRC
150 2017-06-01T12:07:50  *** talmai has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
151 2017-06-01T12:12:26  *** Guest60055 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
152 2017-06-01T12:15:42  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] benma opened pull request #10497: remove the PAIRTYPE macro (master...pairtype) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10497
153 2017-06-01T12:20:12  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 1 new commit to 0.14: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/9e3ad500780b284765654cff4144451c7fa5ef6b
154 2017-06-01T12:20:13  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.14 9e3ad50 Cory Fields: net: only enforce the services required to connect...
155 2017-06-01T12:25:31  *** rilos has quit IRC
156 2017-06-01T12:26:05  *** Guest60055 has quit IRC
157 2017-06-01T12:35:35  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift opened pull request #10498: Use static_cast instead of C-style casts for non-fundamental types (master...static_cast) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10498
158 2017-06-01T12:36:21  *** dabura667 has quit IRC
159 2017-06-01T12:40:29  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
160 2017-06-01T13:01:08  *** kadoban has quit IRC
161 2017-06-01T13:01:55  *** kadoban has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
162 2017-06-01T13:02:32  *** Guest60055 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
163 2017-06-01T13:05:38  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/cb1716acc720...27b99312bf09
164 2017-06-01T13:05:38  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master afc693d Luke Dashjr: contrib/init/bitcoind.openrcconf: Don't disable wallet by default...
165 2017-06-01T13:05:39  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 27b9931 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #10451: contrib/init/bitcoind.openrcconf: Don't disable wallet by default...
166 2017-06-01T13:06:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #10451: contrib/init/bitcoind.openrcconf: Don't disable wallet by default (master...openrc_wallet) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10451
167 2017-06-01T13:09:53  *** tiagotrs has quit IRC
168 2017-06-01T13:13:52  <instagibbs> wumpus, if you're still looking for things to merge :P https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10475
169 2017-06-01T13:18:19  <timothy> hi
170 2017-06-01T13:19:45  <timothy> who maintains dev.bitcoincore.org ?
171 2017-06-01T13:20:15  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
172 2017-06-01T13:20:21  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
173 2017-06-01T13:21:24  <fanquake> instagibbs I'm sure it'll get picked up tonight
174 2017-06-01T13:22:05  <instagibbs> fanquake, "tonight"? honest question, is there a method to the madness? :)
175 2017-06-01T13:22:13  <instagibbs> Other than ad hoc scanning
176 2017-06-01T13:25:00  <fanquake> instagibbs dev meeting tonight isn't there? Normally a time to get some merging done
177 2017-06-01T13:28:14  *** talmai has quit IRC
178 2017-06-01T13:31:28  <instagibbs> oh yes, I always forget it's irc meeting day
179 2017-06-01T13:32:21  <fanquake> I probably wont be at the dev meeting, but would like opinions on Qt5.9.0 for 0.15. Compilation (brew, osx) looks ok so far, depends patches will need some fixes. Interested to see the results of the new -optimize-size option; claims of 5-20% binary size decrease. We should also be able to pass more -no-* flags to cut more crap out of our build.
180 2017-06-01T13:36:23  *** Guest60055 has quit IRC
181 2017-06-01T13:38:17  *** Guest60055 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
182 2017-06-01T13:39:30  *** tiagotrs has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
183 2017-06-01T13:40:03  *** talmai has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
184 2017-06-01T13:40:08  *** NewLiberty has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
185 2017-06-01T13:43:26  *** CubicEarth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
186 2017-06-01T13:50:17  *** nemgun has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
187 2017-06-01T13:54:10  *** CubicEarth has quit IRC
188 2017-06-01T13:57:53  *** str4d has quit IRC
189 2017-06-01T13:59:45  *** btcdrak has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
190 2017-06-01T14:00:09  *** talmai has quit IRC
191 2017-06-01T14:01:35  *** tiagotrs has quit IRC
192 2017-06-01T14:05:33  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli pushed 3 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/27b99312bf09...64beb1317912
193 2017-06-01T14:05:34  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 32325a3 Jonas Schnelli: [Qt] hide bump context menu action if tx already has been bumped
194 2017-06-01T14:05:34  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6d7104c Jonas Schnelli: [Qt] make sure transaction table entry gets updated after bump
195 2017-06-01T14:05:35  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 64beb13 Jonas Schnelli: Merge #10449: Overhaul Qt fee bumper...
196 2017-06-01T14:05:57  <jonasschnelli> cfields: ping
197 2017-06-01T14:06:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli closed pull request #10449: Overhaul Qt fee bumper (master...2016/05/bump_qt_overhaul) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10449
198 2017-06-01T14:11:30  *** RubenSomsen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
199 2017-06-01T14:14:38  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
200 2017-06-01T14:17:43  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
201 2017-06-01T14:23:18  *** talmai has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
202 2017-06-01T14:30:07  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
203 2017-06-01T14:43:23  *** tiagotrs has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
204 2017-06-01T14:49:13  *** tiagotrs has quit IRC
205 2017-06-01T14:49:28  *** tiagotrs has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
206 2017-06-01T14:52:23  *** Squidicuz has quit IRC
207 2017-06-01T14:58:52  *** riemann has quit IRC
208 2017-06-01T14:59:45  *** Squidicuz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
209 2017-06-01T15:01:25  *** Squidicc has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
210 2017-06-01T15:01:25  *** Squidicuz has quit IRC
211 2017-06-01T15:11:07  *** tiagotrs has quit IRC
212 2017-06-01T15:17:31  *** NewLiberty has quit IRC
213 2017-06-01T15:20:06  *** beatrootfarmer has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
214 2017-06-01T15:20:17  *** NewLiberty has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
215 2017-06-01T15:24:11  *** goatturneer has quit IRC
216 2017-06-01T15:26:15  *** BashCo has quit IRC
217 2017-06-01T15:34:50  *** goatturneer has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
218 2017-06-01T15:38:08  *** beatrootfarmer has quit IRC
219 2017-06-01T15:43:28  *** chjj has quit IRC
220 2017-06-01T15:44:59  *** Dizzle has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
221 2017-06-01T15:45:37  *** abpa has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
222 2017-06-01T15:50:38  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
223 2017-06-01T15:51:06  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
224 2017-06-01T15:51:40  *** goatturneer has quit IRC
225 2017-06-01T15:51:53  *** talmai has quit IRC
226 2017-06-01T15:53:23  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
227 2017-06-01T15:56:18  *** Dyaheon has quit IRC
228 2017-06-01T15:56:43  *** chjj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
229 2017-06-01T15:57:17  *** fanquake has quit IRC
230 2017-06-01T15:57:23  *** Dyaheon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
231 2017-06-01T15:57:27  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ryanofsky opened pull request #10500: Avoid CWalletTx copies in GetAddressBalances and GetAddressGroupings (master...pr/wtxcopy) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10500
232 2017-06-01T16:00:24  *** timothy has quit IRC
233 2017-06-01T16:22:52  *** tiagotrs_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
234 2017-06-01T16:33:05  *** PaulCapestany has quit IRC
235 2017-06-01T16:40:43  *** tiagotrs_ has quit IRC
236 2017-06-01T16:42:06  *** Guest60055 has quit IRC
237 2017-06-01T16:42:19  *** Guest44371 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
238 2017-06-01T16:46:27  *** Guest44371 has quit IRC
239 2017-06-01T16:47:23  *** Squidicc has quit IRC
240 2017-06-01T16:49:51  *** NewLiberty has quit IRC
241 2017-06-01T16:56:50  <jtimon> mhmm FAIL: qt/test/test_bitcoin-qt on master 64beb13... Merge #10449: Overhaul Qt fee bumper
242 2017-06-01T16:56:51  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10449 | Overhaul Qt fee bumper by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #10449 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
243 2017-06-01T16:59:08  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
244 2017-06-01T16:59:08  <jtimon> seems lie #10449 is to blame since this passes: 27b99312 Merge #10451: contrib/init/bitcoind.openrcconf: Don't disable wallet by default
245 2017-06-01T16:59:09  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10449 | Overhaul Qt fee bumper by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #10449 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
246 2017-06-01T16:59:10  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10451 | contrib/init/bitcoind.openrcconf: Dont disable wallet by default by luke-jr · Pull Request #10451 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
247 2017-06-01T16:59:27  *** elkalamar has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
248 2017-06-01T17:00:23  *** Guest44371 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
249 2017-06-01T17:02:18  *** Squidicuz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
250 2017-06-01T17:06:26  *** Squidicuz has quit IRC
251 2017-06-01T17:07:25  *** Squidicuz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
252 2017-06-01T17:14:54  <instagibbs> can someone explain to me where/how "--without-gui" is consumed?
253 2017-06-01T17:15:07  <instagibbs> grepping for it fails :)
254 2017-06-01T17:15:57  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] benma opened pull request #10501: remove some unused functions (master...unusedfuncs) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10501
255 2017-06-01T17:17:12  <wumpus> timothy: "<timothy> who maintains dev.bitcoincore.org ?" cfields should have access at least, why?
256 2017-06-01T17:17:45  <timothy> nothing, solved :)
257 2017-06-01T17:17:55  <wumpus> instagibbs: it gets converted to --with-gui=no IIRC
258 2017-06-01T17:19:26  <wumpus> --(with|without)-x and --(enable|disable)-x are standard autoconf arguments that have a special handler construct, don't know by heart how it's called though
259 2017-06-01T17:19:27  <instagibbs> oh. there we go
260 2017-06-01T17:19:36  <instagibbs> thanks
261 2017-06-01T17:19:48  <Dizzle> Yep, part of the autoconf/automake stuff. https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/ed09dd3f5a87db570152ebbec4d9a489e414deed/build-aux/m4/bitcoin_qt.m4#L55
262 2017-06-01T17:20:04  <instagibbs> I knew that it was part of autoconf, which is why I asked, because it's a black box to me :)
263 2017-06-01T17:21:59  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/64beb1317912...39039b12a744
264 2017-06-01T17:22:00  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f128f78 Gregory Sanders: getmempool mempoolminfee is a BTC/KB feerate
265 2017-06-01T17:22:00  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 39039b1 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #10475: [RPC] getmempoolinfo mempoolminfee is a BTC/KB feerate...
266 2017-06-01T17:22:37  * sipa loves kelvin bytes
267 2017-06-01T17:23:01  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #10475: [RPC] getmempoolinfo mempoolminfee is a BTC/KB feerate (master...poolfeerate) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10475
268 2017-06-01T17:23:48  <wumpus> Dizzle: exactly
269 2017-06-01T17:24:34  <Dizzle> instagibbs: the source I linked deals with the flag, sets the bitcoin_enable_qt vars you'll see referenced throughout the rest of the configure/make stuff.
270 2017-06-01T17:26:01  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jtimon opened pull request #10502: scripted-diff: Remove BOOST_FOREACH, Q_FOREACH and PAIRTYPE (master...b15-boost-foreach) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10502
271 2017-06-01T17:33:08  <gmaxwell> holy crap Block Filter Digest profiling post on bitcoin-dev.
272 2017-06-01T17:51:17  *** timothy has quit IRC
273 2017-06-01T17:59:59  *** NewLiberty has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
274 2017-06-01T18:15:52  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa opened pull request #10503: Use REJECT_DUPLICATE for already known and conflicted txn (master...more61duplicate) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10503
275 2017-06-01T18:16:29  *** PaulCapestany has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
276 2017-06-01T18:28:27  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
277 2017-06-01T18:39:05  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
278 2017-06-01T18:47:57  <gmaxwell> Meeting in 12 minutes.
279 2017-06-01T18:50:26  <wumpus> yep
280 2017-06-01T18:51:50  <btcdrak> I might make it this time
281 2017-06-01T18:52:44  <jtimon> I suggest we start with the priority PRs topic, that tends to be short and spring other topics
282 2017-06-01T18:53:16  <wumpus> jtimon: ok, let's do that
283 2017-06-01T18:54:45  <jtimon> mhm, weird error https://travis-ci.org/bitcoin/bitcoin/jobs/237624588
284 2017-06-01T18:56:36  <BlueMatt> cfields: is out dealing with life things, apparently
285 2017-06-01T18:57:03  <cfields> BlueMatt: nevermind, i made it!
286 2017-06-01T18:57:09  <BlueMatt> lolk
287 2017-06-01T18:57:30  <btcdrak> jtimon: just needs to be restarted
288 2017-06-01T18:57:30  *** ndrchvzz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
289 2017-06-01T18:57:34  <cfields> jonasschnelli: sorry, it's moving day (apparently), wasn't around earlier. You around to discuss after the meeting?
290 2017-06-01T18:59:44  <jonasschnelli> cfields: I guess I fall to sleep in 1h. But we may make it tomorrow. :)
291 2017-06-01T18:59:50  <jonasschnelli> No hurry
292 2017-06-01T19:00:01  <gmaxwell> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr btcdrak sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier
293 2017-06-01T19:00:04  <jonasschnelli> But love to hear how we can solve the wallet-tool building
294 2017-06-01T19:00:11  <cfields> jonasschnelli: ah, ok
295 2017-06-01T19:00:13  <sdaftuar> hi
296 2017-06-01T19:00:20  <jonasschnelli> hi
297 2017-06-01T19:00:20  <btcdrak> hi
298 2017-06-01T19:00:21  <morcos> i'm kind of here for the next 25 mins
299 2017-06-01T19:00:30  <sipa> present
300 2017-06-01T19:00:40  *** PaulCapestany has quit IRC
301 2017-06-01T19:00:41  <wumpus> #startmeeting
302 2017-06-01T19:00:41  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Jun  1 19:00:41 2017 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
303 2017-06-01T19:00:41  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
304 2017-06-01T19:00:43  <achow101> hi
305 2017-06-01T19:01:00  <wumpus> proposed topics?
306 2017-06-01T19:01:11  <luke-jr> suggested topic: safe DoS handling around softforks
307 2017-06-01T19:02:01  <wumpus> ok, we'll start with high-priority review as suggested by jtimon
308 2017-06-01T19:02:03  <gmaxwell> It was proposed we talk about PRs first.
309 2017-06-01T19:02:04  <wumpus> #topic High-priority review PRs
310 2017-06-01T19:02:17  <jonasschnelli> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8
311 2017-06-01T19:02:34  <wumpus> anything to add this week?
312 2017-06-01T19:02:46  <jonasschnelli> Please review HD auto restore... I whised we have this in 0.15. But seems to get late: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10240
313 2017-06-01T19:02:51  <jtimon> mine still is #10339  (which contains #9717 )
314 2017-06-01T19:02:53  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10339 | Optimization: Calculate block hash less times by jtimon · Pull Request #10339 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
315 2017-06-01T19:02:55  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/9717 | Pow: Remove fCheckPOW from CheckBlockHeader by jtimon · Pull Request #9717 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
316 2017-06-01T19:03:06  <jtimon> did squash and the requested rename
317 2017-06-01T19:03:25  <cfields> wumpus: I _promise_ to review your unix socket changes this week. They slipped off my radar, but I'm aware they're painful rebases.
318 2017-06-01T19:03:29  <gmaxwell> Where have we gotten on multiwallet?
319 2017-06-01T19:03:45  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: there are compile issues
320 2017-06-01T19:03:53  <sipa> i'm currently squashing #10195, after that i'd like to request review on #10321
321 2017-06-01T19:03:58  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10195 | Switch chainstate db and cache to per-txout model by sipa · Pull Request #10195 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
322 2017-06-01T19:03:58  <jonasschnelli> Gitian won't compile I guess because of the test fixtures
323 2017-06-01T19:03:59  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10321 | Use FastRandomContext for all tests by sipa · Pull Request #10321 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
324 2017-06-01T19:04:07  <luke-jr> hmm
325 2017-06-01T19:04:23  <jonasschnelli> Once that is fixed, I guess we can merge luke-jr first step
326 2017-06-01T19:04:44  <jonasschnelli> But ideally we work on runtime-wallet loading
327 2017-06-01T19:04:54  <jonasschnelli> shouldn't be that hard
328 2017-06-01T19:05:25  <jtimon> #7729 needs rebase
329 2017-06-01T19:05:26  <wumpus> cfields: thanks!
330 2017-06-01T19:05:27  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/7729 | rpc: introduce label API for wallet by laanwj · Pull Request #7729 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
331 2017-06-01T19:05:34  <cfields> jonasschnelli: if i'm understanding correctly, that's the tl;dr for fixing the wallet tool build issue as well :)
332 2017-06-01T19:05:46  <cfields> (my proposal, anyway)
333 2017-06-01T19:05:50  <wumpus> jtimon: yes
334 2017-06-01T19:05:58  <jonasschnelli> cfields: wallet-tool build issue could solve salvage, upgrade, etc.
335 2017-06-01T19:06:20  <jonasschnelli> currently multiwallet does only allow all-or-nothing rescans/salvages,zaps, etc.
336 2017-06-01T19:06:40  <gmaxwell> 7729 was mostly API review. I kind of got lost on it becuase I didn't see how the api can be cleanly extended to multiple lables per transaction, but I keep forgetting about it to go read in again what the api was in order to prodice more commentary. :(
337 2017-06-01T19:06:44  <cfields> i see
338 2017-06-01T19:06:48  <kanzure> hi.
339 2017-06-01T19:06:48  <jtimon> just giving heads up, also #10044's tests are failing
340 2017-06-01T19:06:50  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10044 | Run functional tests in `make check` by jnewbery · Pull Request #10044 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
341 2017-06-01T19:07:11  <gmaxwell> jonasschnelli: I think it was proposed to make salvage/zap only work when one wallet was loaded.
342 2017-06-01T19:07:17  <wumpus> gmaxwell: multiple labels per transactions simply wasn't a goal there
343 2017-06-01T19:07:20  <gmaxwell> which seemed like a fine stopgap to me.
344 2017-06-01T19:07:32  <wumpus> gmaxwell: I'm fine with doing it later, but let's not scope creep this, it's already getting late
345 2017-06-01T19:07:44  <jonasschnelli> gmaxwell: Seems reasonable.
346 2017-06-01T19:08:00  <gmaxwell> wumpus: I understand; I am not trying to suggest that it should do that, but not sure if the api can be cleanly extended later to support that.
347 2017-06-01T19:08:09  <wumpus> the goal of #7729 was explicitly to offer the same API as the GUI has for labels
348 2017-06-01T19:08:12  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/7729 | rpc: introduce label API for wallet by laanwj · Pull Request #7729 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
349 2017-06-01T19:08:18  <wumpus> to be able to drop the account system
350 2017-06-01T19:08:26  <wumpus> after that, the label system can be improved, both in the GUI and RPC
351 2017-06-01T19:08:34  <jonasschnelli> ack
352 2017-06-01T19:08:50  <ryanofsky> #10244 would be my priority review, if it could be added
353 2017-06-01T19:08:52  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10244 | [qt] Add abstraction layer for accessing node and wallet functionality from gui by ryanofsky · Pull Request #10244 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
354 2017-06-01T19:08:58  <gmaxwell> okay. so long as its not an omission. I feel like we end up with our hands tied by the rpc interface pretty often.
355 2017-06-01T19:08:58  <jtimon> sounds reasonable, certainly the priority is to remove the accounts system IMO
356 2017-06-01T19:09:00  <jonasschnelli> setlabel and deletelabel should be multi-label compatible (API wise)
357 2017-06-01T19:09:24  <gmaxwell> (by not an omission I mean that we don't put ourselves in a corner just because we didn't think of it. If you're aware, thats enough.)
358 2017-06-01T19:09:46  <jonasschnelli> 7729 can be perfectly extaned later
359 2017-06-01T19:09:58  <jonasschnelli> (without breaking the API)
360 2017-06-01T19:10:09  <gmaxwell> OK.
361 2017-06-01T19:10:11  <wumpus> I just think we shouldn't aim too far - we've been talking about deprecating the account system for so long and this is blocking it. But if there's suggesting for improving the API to (later) support multiple labels that's very welcome.
362 2017-06-01T19:10:42  <jonasschnelli> Yes. We finally should do it.
363 2017-06-01T19:10:44  *** PaulCapestany has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
364 2017-06-01T19:10:51  <jtimon> other topics?
365 2017-06-01T19:11:13  <wumpus> ryanofsky: sure; though we should first get the multiwallet base in, I think more abstraction around the wallet right now will break various PRs there again
366 2017-06-01T19:11:56  <wumpus> #topic safe DoS handling around softforks (luke-jr)
367 2017-06-01T19:11:57  <cfields> proposed quick topic: 0.14.2
368 2017-06-01T19:12:30  <wumpus> ryanofsky: I'll add your PR to the high-priority PRs, but we need to keep that in mind
369 2017-06-01T19:12:50  <sipa> i think DoS scoring in general needs a rework, but especially for blocks, i think that few is needed after PoW checking
370 2017-06-01T19:12:57  <sdaftuar> #9530
371 2017-06-01T19:12:58  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/9530 | [brainstorm] DoS protection for blocks · Issue #9530 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
372 2017-06-01T19:13:02  <jtimon> just add it as a depdendency in the OP and rebase on top of it maybe?
373 2017-06-01T19:13:06  <luke-jr> it's come to light that blocks cause DoS penalties for invalid prev-blocks
374 2017-06-01T19:13:16  <ryanofsky> wumpus, thanks. there is barely anything that would have to be change with current multiwallet prs, but i don't know what multiwallet plans for qt are
375 2017-06-01T19:13:25  <luke-jr> which are liable to get triggered by outdated nodes following softforks
376 2017-06-01T19:13:40  <wumpus> ryanofsky: I don't know either - just that multiwallet is priority for 0.15.0, better abstraction for the wallet can theoretically wait until 0.16
377 2017-06-01T19:14:03  <luke-jr> part of this is easy to fix: just don't DoS-ban for invalid prevblocks
378 2017-06-01T19:14:13  <wumpus> (would be great to get everything in, but in practice resources are limited and we have to choose)
379 2017-06-01T19:14:27  <luke-jr> but there is also a ban for sending headers that "don't" connect (because we rejected an earlier invalid header)
380 2017-06-01T19:14:59  <luke-jr> would there be any harm to checking the PoW on headers earlier, banning for failure there, and not banning for unconnecting ones?
381 2017-06-01T19:15:35  <gmaxwell> luke-jr: if you do not disconnect peers on incompatible consensus rules you will likely become partitioned from nodes on consensus rules which are consistent with yourself.
382 2017-06-01T19:15:40  <morcos> Doesn't it seem safer to keep the current banning behavior unitl we've also improved the ability to make sure we're not partitioned from nodes following our rules
383 2017-06-01T19:16:04  <gmaxwell> One of the totally braindamaged element of BIP148 is that it does nothing to make the network of BIP148 users connected and it sounds like you'd like to make that even worse?
384 2017-06-01T19:16:11  <wumpus> ryanofsky: but if it hardly collides in practice then it isn't a problem (sorry, will shut up about previous topic now)
385 2017-06-01T19:16:20  <luke-jr> gmaxwell: softforks are backward compatible
386 2017-06-01T19:17:16  <gmaxwell> luke-jr: when there is a persistant chain on invalid rules there is a hardfork.
387 2017-06-01T19:17:22  <luke-jr> this is nothing specific to BIP148
388 2017-06-01T19:17:29  <luke-jr> it is an issue for all softforks
389 2017-06-01T19:17:33  <gmaxwell> BIP148 is a softfork but it creates a hardfork, its the hardfork that creates that partitioning issue.
390 2017-06-01T19:17:52  <sipa> gmaxwell: i'm confused
391 2017-06-01T19:17:54  <jtimon> can we stay on the issue as general to all softforks?
392 2017-06-01T19:18:03  <instagibbs> I'm not sure how this topic arose?
393 2017-06-01T19:18:06  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
394 2017-06-01T19:18:17  <instagibbs> (I get the original topic)
395 2017-06-01T19:18:28  <luke-jr> instagibbs: it was an observation on the current BIP148 PR that I'm investigating; but it applies to any softfork
396 2017-06-01T19:18:37  <sipa> gmaxwell: i thought i understood your concern until you said it creates a hardfork
397 2017-06-01T19:19:09  <BlueMatt> i assume here "hardfork" means "nodes will not converge"
398 2017-06-01T19:19:20  <jtimon> I'm confused, are we talking about 2 different things? #9530 is from january
399 2017-06-01T19:19:21  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/9530 | [brainstorm] DoS protection for blocks · Issue #9530 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
400 2017-06-01T19:19:28  <instagibbs> Yes they dont' appear to be connected?
401 2017-06-01T19:19:34  <sdaftuar> perhaps this brainstorming should take place on #9530?  the current DoS scoring is broken, and potentially problematic for softforks (though not for segwit)
402 2017-06-01T19:19:35  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/9530 | [brainstorm] DoS protection for blocks · Issue #9530 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
403 2017-06-01T19:19:43  <sdaftuar> but there's no urgent issue here
404 2017-06-01T19:19:49  <morcos> sdaftuar: +1
405 2017-06-01T19:19:50  <sdaftuar> and lots of ways to solve, i suspect
406 2017-06-01T19:19:52  <instagibbs> ACK
407 2017-06-01T19:19:56  <sipa> BlueMatt: yes, nodes will risk not converging, but that's a P2P issue, not a consensus issue
408 2017-06-01T19:20:13  <gmaxwell> ::sigh:: I give up.
409 2017-06-01T19:20:22  <kanzure> sipa: from a payments angle, it's not just p2p.
410 2017-06-01T19:20:22  <luke-jr> jtimon: 9530 is unrelated afaik
411 2017-06-01T19:20:24  <gmaxwell> this terminology is too limited.
412 2017-06-01T19:20:41  <gmaxwell> In any case, if your peers are accepting a chain you will not accept you need different peers.
413 2017-06-01T19:20:47  <sipa> of course
414 2017-06-01T19:20:56  <luke-jr> gmaxwell: unless those peers will accept the chain you have too.
415 2017-06-01T19:21:11  <gmaxwell> luke-jr: not unless, you still need different peers.
416 2017-06-01T19:21:22  <gmaxwell> (or at least _some_ different peers)
417 2017-06-01T19:21:24  <luke-jr> or rather, they need you as a peer
418 2017-06-01T19:21:43  <gmaxwell> they might, but you're useless to them if you're only connected to other nodes that are also on chains you won't accept.
419 2017-06-01T19:22:16  *** Sprh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
420 2017-06-01T19:22:18  <luke-jr> I wonder if we should have a different criteria for our outbound connections, than for inbound
421 2017-06-01T19:22:37  <luke-jr> eg, tolerate more from inbound peers, but be super-strong that we are on the same block as our outbound peers
422 2017-06-01T19:22:40  <gmaxwell> If you want to talk about making some fraction of your connection slots more agressive in enforcement than others that would be reasonable, but you can't have a case where you will never disconnect peers that accept different rules.
423 2017-06-01T19:22:57  <morcos> yes we need a more comprehensive solution..  ideally you could figure out whether they'd accept your chain or not, and that could be a factor as well you knowing whether you'd accept theirs, but we shouldn't make ad hoc changes
424 2017-06-01T19:23:06  <sipa> gmaxwell: am i summarizing correctly... even though DoS scoring for invalid blocks isn't needed as such, it's currently our only protection against accidentally ending up with only peers that will not accept the best chain you'd accept if you'd see it
425 2017-06-01T19:23:21  <cfields> luke-jr: I have a patch-set worked up for making that possible. It doesn't change any current policy, just makes it more flexible to do that kind of thing
426 2017-06-01T19:23:25  *** BobBarker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
427 2017-06-01T19:23:34  <gmaxwell> sipa: ya!
428 2017-06-01T19:23:46  <sipa> ok, in that case i agree with you
429 2017-06-01T19:23:52  *** guest____ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
430 2017-06-01T19:23:58  <luke-jr> can we currently disconnect nodes, without banning them?
431 2017-06-01T19:24:04  <luke-jr> I guess just set fDisconnect?
432 2017-06-01T19:24:07  <morcos> which is what you guys said to each other on 9530
433 2017-06-01T19:24:21  <gmaxwell> I think it would be sufficient to disconnect in those cases, yes.
434 2017-06-01T19:24:44  <gmaxwell> (or very short ban)
435 2017-06-01T19:24:57  <luke-jr> gmaxwell: I'm thinking of a conditional disconnect-only-if-outgoing-conn
436 2017-06-01T19:25:27  <sdaftuar> in #9530, there's a suggestion of rotating outbound connections periodically
437 2017-06-01T19:25:28  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/9530 | [brainstorm] DoS protection for blocks · Issue #9530 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
438 2017-06-01T19:25:37  <sdaftuar> and whether your outbound peer is on the same chain as you could be a criteria
439 2017-06-01T19:27:16  <jtimon> action continue discussion on #9530 ?
440 2017-06-01T19:27:17  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/9530 | [brainstorm] DoS protection for blocks · Issue #9530 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
441 2017-06-01T19:27:57  <luke-jr> 9530 sounds like too much refactoring IMO. I'm thinking for a bugfix only right now.
442 2017-06-01T19:28:18  <luke-jr> but maybe there's enough overlap, dunno
443 2017-06-01T19:29:23  <jtimon> anyway, next topic?
444 2017-06-01T19:29:23  <luke-jr> in any case, is there a specific reason to disconnect for unconnectable headers, independently of the "same chain peers" issue?
445 2017-06-01T19:29:32  <jtimon> or not
446 2017-06-01T19:30:16  <luke-jr> we could move on if there's another topic, too; maybe someone can answer OOB if there's a need for the disconnect there
447 2017-06-01T19:30:29  <wumpus> ok
448 2017-06-01T19:30:43  <wumpus> #topic 0.14.2 (cfields)
449 2017-06-01T19:30:51  *** RubenSomsen has quit IRC
450 2017-06-01T19:31:02  <wumpus> I think we've merged/backported everything that was tagged?
451 2017-06-01T19:31:15  <cfields> just wanted to keep that rolling. several backports went in this week, anything else need to go?
452 2017-06-01T19:31:18  <wumpus> if so, we can tag it after the meeting
453 2017-06-01T19:31:22  <jonasschnelli> not yet
454 2017-06-01T19:31:38  <wumpus> what's missing?
455 2017-06-01T19:31:40  <jonasschnelli> Wait.. has been merged. Nm
456 2017-06-01T19:32:17  <cfields> wumpus: +1 then
457 2017-06-01T19:32:19  <jonasschnelli> I check the backports and seems that now everything went in
458 2017-06-01T19:32:24  <jonasschnelli> checked
459 2017-06-01T19:32:39  <wumpus> right, great
460 2017-06-01T19:32:54  <jtimon> so rc?
461 2017-06-01T19:32:57  <wumpus> that was indeed a short topic
462 2017-06-01T19:33:15  <wumpus> yes
463 2017-06-01T19:33:23  *** benma has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
464 2017-06-01T19:34:03  <wumpus> other topics?
465 2017-06-01T19:34:27  <sipa> i wanted to bring up whether my writeup for style guidelines was acceptable, but i see it was already merged :)
466 2017-06-01T19:34:40  <jonasschnelli> heh. Yes.
467 2017-06-01T19:34:58  <jtimon> what was the pr?
468 2017-06-01T19:34:58  <luke-jr> no, it's terrible. I'm not following it. /s
469 2017-06-01T19:35:01  <wumpus> heh yes, it was exactly what was discussed in the previous meeting
470 2017-06-01T19:35:12  <wumpus> #topic variable name guidelines
471 2017-06-01T19:35:19  <luke-jr> wumpus: it was sarcasm :p
472 2017-06-01T19:35:30  <sipa> OK.
473 2017-06-01T19:35:31  <sipa> end topic
474 2017-06-01T19:35:35  <wumpus> wanted to merge it as soon as possible to be able to point people at it in reviews
475 2017-06-01T19:35:43  <sipa> yes, thank you for that
476 2017-06-01T19:36:26  <jtimon> ok, https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10461 reading now, but I assume it will be acceptable to me
477 2017-06-01T19:36:31  <wumpus> more topics? this is becoming a high frequeny meeting
478 2017-06-01T19:37:16  <sipa> we have 1.5 months left until feature freeze for 0.15
479 2017-06-01T19:37:34  <sipa> anything to talk about there?
480 2017-06-01T19:37:41  <sipa> i guess not... things happen as they happen
481 2017-06-01T19:38:01  <wumpus> I... don't think so... would really love multiwallet to get in this time
482 2017-06-01T19:38:03  <sdaftuar> perhaps suggestions for high priority features for 0.15?
483 2017-06-01T19:38:16  <sdaftuar> as potentially distinct from high priority prs
484 2017-06-01T19:39:04  <wumpus> if no PRs exist for them it might be too late already, but sure
485 2017-06-01T19:39:14  <wumpus> #topic high priority features
486 2017-06-01T19:39:45  <jtimon> I would love https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8994 , working on the blocksigning stuff again
487 2017-06-01T19:40:06  <sdaftuar> i'd suggest matt's #10192 (script cache).  huge validation win.
488 2017-06-01T19:40:08  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10192 | Cache full script execution results in addition to signatures by TheBlueMatt · Pull Request #10192 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
489 2017-06-01T19:40:18  <sipa> ya
490 2017-06-01T19:40:38  <cfields> +1
491 2017-06-01T19:40:44  <jtimon> I have 2 PRs prefixed "Optimization", but didn't benchmark any of them...
492 2017-06-01T19:41:03  <luke-jr> 10192 sounds problematic for future softforks
493 2017-06-01T19:41:04  <wumpus> sdaftuar: any reason for not just adding that one to the high priority PRs though?
494 2017-06-01T19:41:13  <jonasschnelli> +1 on 10192,.. seems also madable for 0.15
495 2017-06-01T19:41:17  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ryanofsky opened pull request #10506: Fix bumpfee test after #10449 (master...pr/bumpdis) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10506
496 2017-06-01T19:41:18  <sdaftuar> wumpus: i was going to suggest it but thought matt might yell at me if it displaced his existing one :)
497 2017-06-01T19:41:41  <sipa> luke-jr: i believe it shouldn't be, unless i've misunderstood the design
498 2017-06-01T19:41:46  <wumpus> ohh okay, yes it's not really a blocker for his further work I guess, but before the feature freeze we can make an exception
499 2017-06-01T19:41:52  <BlueMatt> yes, i still want #10179 to get in :(
500 2017-06-01T19:41:54  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10179 | Give CValidationInterface Support for calling notifications on the CScheduler Thread by TheBlueMatt · Pull Request #10179 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
501 2017-06-01T19:42:04  <sipa> BlueMatt: will review
502 2017-06-01T19:42:13  <BlueMatt> so much stuff to build on top of things
503 2017-06-01T19:42:16  <sdaftuar> sipa: it interferes with script features that require chain-context.  i think luke has proposed such a thing.
504 2017-06-01T19:42:34  <luke-jr> sipa: specifically softforks where transactions are valid in some blocks, but not in others
505 2017-06-01T19:42:37  <jtimon> merging something like #10427 before #10192 (I don't care his commit or mine, but would really love the nits solved) would make it simpler to review
506 2017-06-01T19:42:37  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10427 | Consensus: Introduce static GetScriptFlags (mostly MOVEONLY) by jtimon · Pull Request #10427 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
507 2017-06-01T19:42:40  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10192 | Cache full script execution results in addition to signatures by TheBlueMatt · Pull Request #10192 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
508 2017-06-01T19:42:45  <jonasschnelli> I think we should add 10192 to the prio list (and credit sdaftuar for it)
509 2017-06-01T19:43:05  <wumpus> jonasschnelli: I've added it
510 2017-06-01T19:43:12  <cfields> I have a good bit of net changes still coming, working on making them reviewable and adding tests. Definitely coming in time for 0.15.
511 2017-06-01T19:43:41  <jonasschnelli> cfields: great!
512 2017-06-01T19:44:23  <cfields> sipa: are you aiming to have openssl nuked in time for 0.15 ?
513 2017-06-01T19:44:29  *** benma has quit IRC
514 2017-06-01T19:44:29  *** benma has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
515 2017-06-01T19:44:48  <sipa> luke-jr: fair enough, i agree - but i do think it's solvable (store the context-dependent script validation flags along with the entry in the cache)
516 2017-06-01T19:44:59  <wumpus> is 'nuking openssl' really a goal?
517 2017-06-01T19:45:14  <luke-jr> sipa: yes, but is it worth it?
518 2017-06-01T19:45:18  <jonasschnelli> For the PRNG, I though so
519 2017-06-01T19:45:25  <wumpus> ok
520 2017-06-01T19:45:56  <luke-jr> hmm, 1.7x
521 2017-06-01T19:46:01  <sipa> i'd like to be independent from OpenSSL, but that's more from a code management perspective than an actual fear for security
522 2017-06-01T19:46:05  <cfields> wumpus: I was referring to #10299
523 2017-06-01T19:46:06  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10299 | Remove OpenSSL by sipa · Pull Request #10299 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
524 2017-06-01T19:46:27  <sipa> as such, i don't think removing openssl should be a priority, but i think it should eventually happen
525 2017-06-01T19:46:42  *** SopaXorzTaker has quit IRC
526 2017-06-01T19:46:52  <wumpus> I'd agree about boost but I'm... not sure trying to nuke all dependencies is a wise path
527 2017-06-01T19:47:11  <luke-jr> dependencies are better than reinventing stuff
528 2017-06-01T19:47:31  <luke-jr> (all else being equal)
529 2017-06-01T19:47:40  <wumpus> that's an argument that should be considered, we can't do everything better, but yes everything else being equal
530 2017-06-01T19:47:44  <cfields> sure, I wasn't arguing for/against, was just curious if 10299 was still desired
531 2017-06-01T19:47:47  <jtimon> sorry for linking so many of my prs, but re boost: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10502
532 2017-06-01T19:48:14  <luke-jr> our binaries are getting annoyingly large btw..
533 2017-06-01T19:48:18  <jonasschnelli> sipa: IMO the rng mostly matters for the wallet keys, and long term, I'm not sure if wallet keys created on the environments we run (Linux/OSX/Windows) are in general a "good thing". Using our own PRNG (via Fortuna, etc,) seems fine to me
534 2017-06-01T19:48:50  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: define "large"
535 2017-06-01T19:48:55  <wumpus> improving the PRNG is certainly a good goal
536 2017-06-01T19:49:18  <luke-jr> jonasschnelli: 215 MB excluding the debuginfo files
537 2017-06-01T19:49:21  <sipa> wumpus: i'd say removing OpenSSL will come naturally once our PRNG has undergone a few more improvement
538 2017-06-01T19:49:31  <wumpus> luke-jr: you certainly shouldn't cound debug info, no one ships that
539 2017-06-01T19:49:38  <luke-jr> wumpus: that's why I didn't.
540 2017-06-01T19:50:10  <cfields> luke-jr: wha?? stripped bitcoind is < 10mb on all platforms iirc
541 2017-06-01T19:50:16  <wumpus> luke-jr: where do you think it comes from? is it just bitcoin-qt being large or everything?
542 2017-06-01T19:50:19  <cfields> luke-jr: or did you mean all binaries combined?
543 2017-06-01T19:50:40  <wumpus> sipa: ok, makes sense
544 2017-06-01T19:50:49  <jonasschnelli> BitcoinD linux 64 is 9.3MB, Qt: ~33,
545 2017-06-01T19:50:56  <jonasschnelli> Perfectly fine
546 2017-06-01T19:51:04  <luke-jr> cfields: yes
547 2017-06-01T19:51:05  <jtimon> and if somebody can help with https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10193/commits/3f404ca62c26dae8f5a4f321820a460bf7b5373e I am kind of stuck there
548 2017-06-01T19:51:10  <wumpus> qt is huge, but that's unavoidable,it's a lot of code...
549 2017-06-01T19:51:11  <luke-jr> wumpus: it might be
550 2017-06-01T19:51:34  <cfields> future builds should be much slimmer
551 2017-06-01T19:51:35  <jonasschnelli> Qt5.9 can shrink ~20% from what I have read
552 2017-06-01T19:51:40  <cfields> yes
553 2017-06-01T19:51:40  <wumpus> I recently had to compile qt on a single-core ARM system (don't ask), took about 2 week
554 2017-06-01T19:51:45  <cfields> and I'd be curious to see what lto does to bitcoin-qt ?
555 2017-06-01T19:51:50  <jonasschnelli> hehe
556 2017-06-01T19:51:56  <luke-jr> 2.7M bitcoin-cli; 33M bitcoin-qt; 3.0M bitcoin-tx; 8.9M bitcoind; 12M test_bitcoin
557 2017-06-01T19:52:24  <jonasschnelli> compared to the 100GB blockchain... what should I say
558 2017-06-01T19:52:32  <wumpus> luke-jr: it compresses very well though
559 2017-06-01T19:52:40  <jtimon> is it a worry that test_bitcoin is big?
560 2017-06-01T19:52:47  <jonasschnelli> no
561 2017-06-01T19:52:51  <wumpus> nope
562 2017-06-01T19:53:05  <wumpus> I think those numbers are pretty ok, compared to most desktop software
563 2017-06-01T19:53:11  <jonasschnelli> indeed
564 2017-06-01T19:53:14  <wumpus> (or even mobile software, nowadays)
565 2017-06-01T19:53:21  <luke-jr> it adds up though
566 2017-06-01T19:53:31  <luke-jr> but not too crazy I guess
567 2017-06-01T19:53:36  <jtimon> I mean, if it can get smaller I don't think anybody will oppose
568 2017-06-01T19:53:53  <luke-jr> I'd be curious what using shared libs would do for it.
569 2017-06-01T19:53:58  <wumpus> yeah... hardly a priority though, it's only such a small part of the memory use
570 2017-06-01T19:53:58  <luke-jr> at least for Windows, where it's trivial
571 2017-06-01T19:54:11  *** Aaronvan_ has quit IRC
572 2017-06-01T19:54:16  <cfields> luke-jr: there'd be a ton of circular deps to unravel
573 2017-06-01T19:54:23  <luke-jr> cfields: ?
574 2017-06-01T19:54:29  <wumpus> cfields: I think he just means for the deps
575 2017-06-01T19:54:39  <luke-jr> ah
576 2017-06-01T19:54:40  <cfields> ah
577 2017-06-01T19:54:57  <wumpus> yes on windows it's trivial
578 2017-06-01T19:55:07  <luke-jr> re internals as shared libs: on Linux, circular deps are not a problem, but IIRC they are for Windows
579 2017-06-01T19:55:10  <cfields> osx as well, fwiw
580 2017-06-01T19:55:27  <wumpus> on linux you can't simply ship .so's in the same directory and have it work
581 2017-06-01T19:55:44  <cfields> wumpus: you can but you have to use rpath hacks :\
582 2017-06-01T19:55:44  <luke-jr> right, we'd need wrapper scripts (maybe okay, iff it makes a big difference)
583 2017-06-01T19:55:50  <luke-jr> oh
584 2017-06-01T19:55:53  <luke-jr> forgot about rpath :D
585 2017-06-01T19:55:59  <cfields> there's a special rpath symbol that means pwd
586 2017-06-01T19:56:04  <cfields> s/symbol/value/
587 2017-06-01T19:56:07  <luke-jr> yes, I use it in BFGMiner
588 2017-06-01T19:56:08  <wumpus> cfields: doesn't that use the *current* directory instead of the application directory though?
589 2017-06-01T19:56:26  <luke-jr> $ORIGIN
590 2017-06-01T19:56:31  <luke-jr> the name suggests app dir
591 2017-06-01T19:56:31  <jtimon> other super fast topic?
592 2017-06-01T19:56:37  <wumpus> ok
593 2017-06-01T19:56:55  <wumpus> anyhow it's worth experimenting with, possibly, for a future version
594 2017-06-01T19:57:28  <jonasschnelli> Bitcoin Core ICO?
595 2017-06-01T19:57:37  <jonasschnelli> *duck*
596 2017-06-01T19:57:45  <wumpus> security might be slightly improved as well as different libs can be ASLRed relative to each other
597 2017-06-01T19:57:48  <BlueMatt> jonasschnelli: ack
598 2017-06-01T19:57:50  <wumpus> jonasschnelli: lol
599 2017-06-01T19:57:51  <jtimon> testnet 4 ico at most
600 2017-06-01T19:57:58  <luke-jr> jonasschnelli: IHO instead?
601 2017-06-01T19:58:02  <luke-jr> compromise.
602 2017-06-01T19:58:08  * sipa commits the Bitcoin Core.ico file
603 2017-06-01T19:58:08  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
604 2017-06-01T19:58:09  <luke-jr> (Initial Hat Offering)
605 2017-06-01T19:58:15  <jonasschnelli> sipa: hahahaha
606 2017-06-01T19:58:20  <jtimon> ITO
607 2017-06-01T19:58:29  <jonasschnelli> Win32 had plenty if .ICO's
608 2017-06-01T19:58:31  <BlueMatt> Bitcoin Series A ICO
609 2017-06-01T19:58:49  <gmaxwell> We could sell international reply coupons... it would have a lot more substance than most ICOs. :)
610 2017-06-01T19:58:59  *** dclxvi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
611 2017-06-01T19:59:12  <luke-jr> reply coupons? O.o\
612 2017-06-01T19:59:32  <cfields> sipa: https://bitcoincore.org/assets/images/favicon.ico
613 2017-06-01T19:59:47  <wumpus> #endmeeting
614 2017-06-01T19:59:47  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Jun  1 19:59:47 2017 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
615 2017-06-01T19:59:47  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2017/bitcoin-core-dev.2017-06-01-19.00.html
616 2017-06-01T19:59:47  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2017/bitcoin-core-dev.2017-06-01-19.00.txt
617 2017-06-01T19:59:47  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2017/bitcoin-core-dev.2017-06-01-19.00.log.html
618 2017-06-01T20:00:50  <jtimon> can someone restart https://travis-ci.org/bitcoin/bitcoin/jobs/237624588 ?
619 2017-06-01T20:01:00  <wumpus> sure
620 2017-06-01T20:04:15  *** benma has quit IRC
621 2017-06-01T20:04:16  <wumpus>  * [new tag]         v0.14.2rc1 -> v0.14.2rc1
622 2017-06-01T20:04:35  <jtimon> thanks!
623 2017-06-01T20:10:42  *** Sprh has quit IRC
624 2017-06-01T20:13:03  *** ndrchvzz has quit IRC
625 2017-06-01T20:15:47  <cfields> woohoo
626 2017-06-01T20:23:55  *** Gnof has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
627 2017-06-01T20:46:38  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
628 2017-06-01T20:51:12  *** Yogaqueef has quit IRC
629 2017-06-01T20:54:14  <sipa> travis is so slow these days
630 2017-06-01T20:54:27  <sipa> is it because we have many pull requests and rebases?
631 2017-06-01T20:54:37  <sipa> it seems to be lagging behind easily
632 2017-06-01T21:17:19  *** Char0n has quit IRC
633 2017-06-01T21:17:32  *** Char0n has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
634 2017-06-01T21:17:32  *** Char0n has quit IRC
635 2017-06-01T21:17:32  *** Char0n has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
636 2017-06-01T21:37:21  *** jannes has quit IRC
637 2017-06-01T21:37:29  *** Gnof has quit IRC
638 2017-06-01T21:58:18  *** Guest60910 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
639 2017-06-01T21:58:33  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
640 2017-06-01T21:59:11  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
641 2017-06-01T21:59:33  *** Guest44371 has quit IRC
642 2017-06-01T22:04:03  *** nemgun has quit IRC
643 2017-06-01T22:17:04  *** vicenteH has quit IRC
644 2017-06-01T22:30:17  <jtimon> yeah travis seems to fail and lag more than usual these days
645 2017-06-01T22:37:32  <jtimon> btw, travis didn't even run for https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/9176
646 2017-06-01T22:38:05  *** Guest60910 has quit IRC
647 2017-06-01T22:44:49  *** Dizzle has quit IRC
648 2017-06-01T22:55:29  <sipa> what's the matter with test_bitcoin_qt failing on master?
649 2017-06-01T22:58:49  <sipa> 16:56:50 < jtimon> mhmm FAIL: qt/test/test_bitcoin-qt on master 64beb13... Merge #10449: Overhaul Qt fee bumper
650 2017-06-01T22:58:50  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10449 | Overhaul Qt fee bumper by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #10449 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
651 2017-06-01T23:01:22  <jtimon> sipa: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10506
652 2017-06-01T23:01:28  <sipa> jtimon: thanks!
653 2017-06-01T23:04:43  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
654 2017-06-01T23:09:12  *** nemgun has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
655 2017-06-01T23:11:35  *** str4d has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
656 2017-06-01T23:15:35  *** gielbier has quit IRC
657 2017-06-01T23:16:00  *** gielbier has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
658 2017-06-01T23:20:55  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa pushed 30 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/39039b12a744...1088b02f0ccd
659 2017-06-01T23:20:56  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e66dbde Pieter Wuille: Add SizeEstimate to CDBBatch...
660 2017-06-01T23:20:57  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f54580e Pieter Wuille: error() in disconnect for disk corruption, not inconsistency...
661 2017-06-01T23:20:57  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e484652 Pieter Wuille: Introduce CHashVerifier to hash read data...
662 2017-06-01T23:21:21  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa closed pull request #10195: Switch chainstate db and cache to per-txout model (master...pertxoutcache) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10195
663 2017-06-01T23:26:38  <gmaxwell> Hey everybody!!!   ^^^^^
664 2017-06-01T23:26:46  <gmaxwell> This means that after you pull your database will upgrade.
665 2017-06-01T23:26:53  <gmaxwell> And will no longer be compatible with earlier versions!
666 2017-06-01T23:26:56  * TD-Linux upgrades for speeeed
667 2017-06-01T23:27:39  <gmaxwell> HOLY COW I'M GOING SO FAST https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb97AbB8M_o
668 2017-06-01T23:27:58  <gmaxwell> If you do make the grave error of downgrading, you'll need to reindex. See you next month in that case.
669 2017-06-01T23:28:27  <TD-Linux> bonus: pruned mode :^)
670 2017-06-01T23:28:35  *** emzy has quit IRC
671 2017-06-01T23:29:00  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/1088b02f0ccd...7cc2c670e3d7
672 2017-06-01T23:29:00  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8906a9a Russell Yanofsky: Fix bumpfee test after #10449...
673 2017-06-01T23:29:01  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7cc2c67 Pieter Wuille: Merge #10506: Fix bumpfee test after #10449...
674 2017-06-01T23:29:30  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa closed pull request #10506: Fix bumpfee test after #10449 (master...pr/bumpdis) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10506
675 2017-06-01T23:33:30  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa closed pull request #10396: Report LevelDB estimate for chainstate size in gettxoutsetinfo (master...diskdbsize) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10396
676 2017-06-01T23:36:40  *** emzy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
677 2017-06-01T23:38:21  <jtimon> if I get some more concept acks on #10339 maybe I should just close the noisy #9717 as included in it
678 2017-06-01T23:38:23  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10339 | Optimization: Calculate block hash less times by jtimon · Pull Request #10339 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
679 2017-06-01T23:38:23  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/9717 | Pow: Remove fCheckPOW from CheckBlockHeader by jtimon · Pull Request #9717 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
680 2017-06-01T23:47:04  *** kanzure has quit IRC
681 2017-06-01T23:56:40  <gmaxwell> 2017-06-01 23:31:03.714604 Upgrading database...
682 2017-06-01T23:56:40  <gmaxwell> 4 yottabytes of leveldb log entries later
683 2017-06-01T23:56:40  <gmaxwell> 2017-06-01 23:40:32.394248 [DONE].
684 2017-06-01T23:57:35  *** emzy has quit IRC
685 2017-06-01T23:58:32  *** abpa has quit IRC
686 2017-06-01T23:59:13  *** kanzure has joined #bitcoin-core-dev