1 2017-07-13T00:00:56  *** dermoth has quit IRC
  2 2017-07-13T00:01:13  *** dermoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  3 2017-07-13T00:02:50  *** marcoagner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  4 2017-07-13T00:05:12  *** treebear_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  5 2017-07-13T00:08:48  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  6 2017-07-13T00:35:57  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
  7 2017-07-13T00:38:47  *** corebob has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  8 2017-07-13T00:38:55  *** lucianor has quit IRC
  9 2017-07-13T00:39:45  *** wasi has quit IRC
 10 2017-07-13T00:42:00  <jtimon> random data point: as of height 475560, it takes 157.7 GB of storage (using -txindex)
 11 2017-07-13T00:42:09  *** Dyaheon has quit IRC
 12 2017-07-13T00:42:39  *** Dyaheon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 13 2017-07-13T00:45:15  *** corebob has quit IRC
 14 2017-07-13T00:45:49  *** corebob has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 15 2017-07-13T00:46:11  *** btcdrak has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 16 2017-07-13T00:48:09  *** robotpoop has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 17 2017-07-13T00:49:15  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 18 2017-07-13T00:52:37  *** robotpoop has quit IRC
 19 2017-07-13T00:54:11  *** wasi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 20 2017-07-13T00:59:14  *** lucianor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 21 2017-07-13T00:59:31  *** abpa has quit IRC
 22 2017-07-13T01:03:28  *** treebeardd has quit IRC
 23 2017-07-13T01:06:09  *** Aaronvan_ has quit IRC
 24 2017-07-13T01:10:01  *** kexkey_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 25 2017-07-13T01:13:05  *** kexkey has quit IRC
 26 2017-07-13T01:13:43  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
 27 2017-07-13T01:19:45  *** jtimon has quit IRC
 28 2017-07-13T01:21:20  *** Murch has quit IRC
 29 2017-07-13T01:24:19  *** robotpoop has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 30 2017-07-13T01:26:04  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/479afa0f8486...e4fcbf797ed3
 31 2017-07-13T01:26:04  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1e3a320 practicalswift: Simplify "!foo || (foo && bar)" as "!foo || bar"
 32 2017-07-13T01:26:05  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e4fcbf7 Pieter Wuille: Merge #10780: Simplify "!foo || (foo && bar)" as "!foo || bar"...
 33 2017-07-13T01:26:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa closed pull request #10780: Simplify "!foo || (foo && bar)" as "!foo || bar" (master...redundant-condition) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10780
 34 2017-07-13T01:29:37  *** robotpoop has quit IRC
 35 2017-07-13T01:37:26  *** dabura667 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 36 2017-07-13T01:42:26  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 37 2017-07-13T01:43:11  *** jeremyru1in is now known as jeremyrubin
 38 2017-07-13T01:43:19  *** ovovo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 39 2017-07-13T01:47:05  *** owowo has quit IRC
 40 2017-07-13T01:51:48  *** ivan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 41 2017-07-13T01:57:10  *** treebear_ has quit IRC
 42 2017-07-13T02:03:10  *** BashCo has quit IRC
 43 2017-07-13T02:03:45  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
 44 2017-07-13T02:03:49  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 45 2017-07-13T02:03:57  *** kexkey_ is now known as kexkey
 46 2017-07-13T02:07:26  *** Ylbam has quit IRC
 47 2017-07-13T02:20:33  *** wasi has quit IRC
 48 2017-07-13T02:29:21  *** gielbier has quit IRC
 49 2017-07-13T02:30:29  *** joelsbeard has quit IRC
 50 2017-07-13T02:34:44  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 51 2017-07-13T02:35:35  *** wasi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 52 2017-07-13T02:36:17  *** treebeardd has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 53 2017-07-13T02:42:28  *** kexkey has quit IRC
 54 2017-07-13T02:49:44  *** olymagu has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 55 2017-07-13T02:53:12  *** kexkey has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 56 2017-07-13T02:56:45  *** olymagu has quit IRC
 57 2017-07-13T02:59:01  *** d9b4bef9 has quit IRC
 58 2017-07-13T03:00:07  *** d9b4bef9 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 59 2017-07-13T03:17:33  *** treebeardd has quit IRC
 60 2017-07-13T03:19:56  *** lucianor has quit IRC
 61 2017-07-13T03:28:30  *** neha has quit IRC
 62 2017-07-13T03:42:12  *** jtimon has quit IRC
 63 2017-07-13T03:48:14  *** lucianor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 64 2017-07-13T04:07:19  *** lucianor has quit IRC
 65 2017-07-13T04:14:59  *** corebob has quit IRC
 66 2017-07-13T04:15:28  *** ovovo has quit IRC
 67 2017-07-13T04:19:25  *** treebeardd has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 68 2017-07-13T04:20:01  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 69 2017-07-13T04:29:46  *** Dyaheon has quit IRC
 70 2017-07-13T04:32:31  *** Dyaheon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 71 2017-07-13T04:50:24  *** Soligor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 72 2017-07-13T04:54:28  *** Alan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 73 2017-07-13T04:54:51  *** Alan_ is now known as Guest14719
 74 2017-07-13T04:55:52  *** Guest14719 has quit IRC
 75 2017-07-13T04:58:18  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
 76 2017-07-13T05:08:30  *** cheese_ has quit IRC
 77 2017-07-13T05:16:36  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 78 2017-07-13T05:17:38  *** Cheeseo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 79 2017-07-13T05:18:47  *** jamesob has quit IRC
 80 2017-07-13T05:20:11  *** jamesob has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 81 2017-07-13T05:24:33  *** jamesob has quit IRC
 82 2017-07-13T05:30:11  *** ivan has quit IRC
 83 2017-07-13T05:48:19  *** Alan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 84 2017-07-13T05:48:43  *** Alan_ is now known as Guest86032
 85 2017-07-13T05:49:29  *** Guest86032 has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 86 2017-07-13T05:55:07  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
 87 2017-07-13T05:56:36  *** arowser has quit IRC
 88 2017-07-13T06:01:40  *** BashCo has quit IRC
 89 2017-07-13T06:02:20  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 90 2017-07-13T06:03:19  *** Ylbam has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 91 2017-07-13T06:05:03  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 92 2017-07-13T06:11:53  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 93 2017-07-13T06:21:34  *** jamesob has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 94 2017-07-13T06:25:46  *** jamesob has quit IRC
 95 2017-07-13T06:38:03  *** tripleslash has quit IRC
 96 2017-07-13T06:41:43  *** tripleslash has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 97 2017-07-13T06:49:08  *** alan_baker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 98 2017-07-13T06:52:49  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
 99 2017-07-13T07:04:52  *** kexkey has quit IRC
100 2017-07-13T07:11:06  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
101 2017-07-13T07:14:04  *** treebeardd has quit IRC
102 2017-07-13T07:21:46  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/e4fcbf797ed3...7666250ffb4e
103 2017-07-13T07:21:46  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 69a4339 Lawrence Nahum: missing white space in function arg
104 2017-07-13T07:21:47  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7666250 Jonas Schnelli: Merge #10810: missing white space in function arg...
105 2017-07-13T07:22:09  *** tripleslash has quit IRC
106 2017-07-13T07:22:21  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli closed pull request #10810: missing white space in function arg (master...missing_white_space) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10810
107 2017-07-13T07:24:57  *** tripleslash has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
108 2017-07-13T07:26:42  *** btcdrak has quit IRC
109 2017-07-13T07:27:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli closed pull request #10731: SanitizeString: Expand upon allowed characters in logging to include "!#%&*+=^{}~" (master...log_more_uacomment) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10731
110 2017-07-13T07:28:14  <luke-jr> jonasschnelli: how do we fix the current bug in Core then?
111 2017-07-13T07:28:27  <luke-jr> #10731 is a bug fix for a present issue
112 2017-07-13T07:28:28  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10731 | SanitizeString: Expand upon allowed characters in logging to include "!#%&*+=^{}~" by luke-jr · Pull Request #10731 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
113 2017-07-13T07:36:50  *** btcdrak has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
114 2017-07-13T07:46:41  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli reopened pull request #10731: SanitizeString: Expand upon allowed characters in logging to include "!#%&*+=^{}~" (master...log_more_uacomment) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10731
115 2017-07-13T07:50:14  *** coredump_ has quit IRC
116 2017-07-13T07:50:27  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: Your description: "Current Core strips out the !, + and = characters used by Knots to indicate whether BIP148 enforcement is enabled."
117 2017-07-13T07:50:50  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: Can you describe the bug more precise?
118 2017-07-13T07:51:54  <jonasschnelli> I fail to see the bug in Core
119 2017-07-13T07:53:00  <luke-jr> jonasschnelli: 2017-07-13 07:37:02 receive version message: /Satoshi:0.14.2(BIP148)/Knots:20170618/: version 70015…
120 2017-07-13T07:53:16  <luke-jr> jonasschnelli: Core logs this regardless of whether it's !BIP148= or +BIP148 or !BIP148
121 2017-07-13T07:53:27  <jonasschnelli> Well.. why is this a bug in core?
122 2017-07-13T07:53:34  <luke-jr> because they are all valid UA characters
123 2017-07-13T07:53:46  <jonasschnelli> Yes. But invalid log prints.
124 2017-07-13T07:53:51  <gmaxwell> because you just say they are valid?
125 2017-07-13T07:53:56  <gmaxwell> They were never printed before.
126 2017-07-13T07:54:02  <luke-jr> they don't violate BIP 14
127 2017-07-13T07:54:06  <jonasschnelli> It's a log...
128 2017-07-13T07:54:08  <luke-jr> jonasschnelli: why?
129 2017-07-13T07:54:17  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: BIP 14 is not about a log file
130 2017-07-13T07:54:20  <luke-jr> there's no reason logs shouldn't have those characters. most do. Core does other places.
131 2017-07-13T07:54:37  <jonasschnelli> Yes. I'm happy if you fix it. But don't break the SanitizeString assumption
132 2017-07-13T07:54:43  <luke-jr> there are far worse characters also allowed in SanitizeString
133 2017-07-13T07:54:47  <gmaxwell> BIP14 seems to also allow \n  nul  and so on
134 2017-07-13T07:54:56  <gmaxwell> IOW: bip-14 is brain damaged
135 2017-07-13T07:54:58  <luke-jr> gmaxwell: those are sane to forbid
136 2017-07-13T07:55:25  <luke-jr> what if SanitizeString turns ! into \! ?
137 2017-07-13T07:55:31  <jonasschnelli> No
138 2017-07-13T07:55:38  <jonasschnelli> It's not escaping
139 2017-07-13T07:55:41  <jonasschnelli> Its sanitizing
140 2017-07-13T07:55:49  <gmaxwell> Characters that will screw up shell processing and potentially lead to XSS in URL also are sane to forbid.
141 2017-07-13T07:55:57  <luke-jr> gmaxwell: we already allow many of those
142 2017-07-13T07:56:14  <jonasschnelli> Then make it better but not worse?
143 2017-07-13T07:56:16  <gmaxwell> I am tempted to say we should change the printing to hex just as we do with other potentially malicious network input.
144 2017-07-13T07:56:24  <gmaxwell> already people spam advertisements via UAs.
145 2017-07-13T07:56:43  <luke-jr> jonasschnelli: it's not a reasonable expectation. it's a log file, not a database query.
146 2017-07-13T07:56:57  <luke-jr> what other log files forbid characters for such reasons?
147 2017-07-13T07:57:03  <gmaxwell> why are we even logging these strings?
148 2017-07-13T07:57:03  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: I'm fine about chaging the log print.. but not SanitizeString
149 2017-07-13T07:57:22  <jonasschnelli> SanitizeString and the log file are conceptually two things.
150 2017-07-13T07:57:29  <luke-jr> why is it when wumpus submits a PR doing this, it gets only ACKs and merged; yet when I do, people dig up obscure reasons to argue against it?
151 2017-07-13T07:57:49  <gmaxwell> among other reasons, the privacy arguments we have for not logging IPs also applies, esp with so much diversity in stupid values people are setting in these strhings.
152 2017-07-13T07:57:51  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: Can you refere to wumpus's PR?
153 2017-07-13T07:58:14  <luke-jr> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/4983
154 2017-07-13T07:58:40  <luke-jr> ‎[07:57:03] ‎<‎jonasschnelli‎>‎ luke-jr: I'm fine about chaging the log print.. but not SanitizeString <-- what do you mean by this?
155 2017-07-13T07:59:05  <gmaxwell> I didn't ack wumpus; but as far as yours went, because you included a bunch of red-flag characters that I've personally been burned by.
156 2017-07-13T07:59:15  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: () wumpus, yours: !#%&*+=^{}~
157 2017-07-13T07:59:52  <gmaxwell> Again, why are we logging this in debug.log by default anyways?
158 2017-07-13T07:59:59  <gmaxwell> We do not log IPs for privacy reasons.
159 2017-07-13T08:00:26  <luke-jr> gmaxwell: I don't know an answer to that. This issue affects the GUI as well, though.
160 2017-07-13T08:00:32  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: If you think those chars should be visible in the log, maybe find a way as gmaxwell mentioned via hex-representation of some partially-invalid (they turn to hex)...
161 2017-07-13T08:00:51  <gmaxwell> luke-jr: I think it's a lot less of a concern in the GUI.  I think your new characters are probably okay there.
162 2017-07-13T08:01:03  <jonasschnelli> GUI is isolated
163 2017-07-13T08:01:08  <luke-jr> so URL escape in debug log?
164 2017-07-13T08:01:10  <luke-jr> %xx
165 2017-07-13T08:01:17  <gmaxwell> jonasschnelli: % lets you escape arbritary characters for html/urls among other things.
166 2017-07-13T08:01:28  <gmaxwell> luke-jr: why not drop it from the debug log, and make the GUI more permissive?
167 2017-07-13T08:01:51  <luke-jr> gmaxwell: I de facto have a script parsing the debug log to analyse this
168 2017-07-13T08:01:55  <gmaxwell> though I question perhaps if we really should be showing these things in the gui.. not the characters, but third party sourced strings
169 2017-07-13T08:02:02  <jonasschnelli> gmaxwell, luke-jr: Hm.. yes. Maybe use the urlencode for the UA-string before printing to the log?
170 2017-07-13T08:02:11  <gmaxwell> UA:  DANGER YOUR WALLET HAS BEEN COMPROMISED GO TO HTTP://fixwallet.eu/ NOW
171 2017-07-13T08:02:21  <luke-jr> :|
172 2017-07-13T08:02:37  <jonasschnelli> I kinda agree with gmaxwell that BIP 14 is BD
173 2017-07-13T08:02:53  <jonasschnelli> The original idea was also to place a donation bitcoin address there... :/
174 2017-07-13T08:02:58  <sipa> gmaxwell: the .eu makes it totally legit
175 2017-07-13T08:03:01  <luke-jr> lol
176 2017-07-13T08:03:07  <jonasschnelli> hahaha
177 2017-07-13T08:03:08  <gmaxwell> UA: OFFICIAL BITCOIN NOTICE. BITCOIN HAS BEEN REPLACED BY ULTRACOIN BUY REPLACEMENT COINS AT BITCOIN.COM NOW
178 2017-07-13T08:03:43  <gmaxwell> I mean this is why we don't try to do any fancy decoding of data stuffed in transactions either... :)
179 2017-07-13T08:04:11  <sipa> let's print the hash of the UA; we do that for almost all data already anyway
180 2017-07-13T08:04:14  <gmaxwell> similar risks exist in logs.
181 2017-07-13T08:04:17  <luke-jr> I thought that was to discourage fancy encoding <.<
182 2017-07-13T08:04:47  <gmaxwell> luke-jr: well advertisments in UA is also bad (which some people have been doing)
183 2017-07-13T08:05:04  <gmaxwell> sipa: we display hex of many things too.
184 2017-07-13T08:05:17  <gmaxwell> hex can be decoded but it's not going to trick anyone.
185 2017-07-13T08:05:18  <luke-jr> gmaxwell: that's not clear to me. how is it bad?
186 2017-07-13T08:05:31  *** Maxime2 has quit IRC
187 2017-07-13T08:05:40  <gmaxwell> luke-jr: spin up lots of sybil nodes just to get people to see DRINK MORE OVALTINE.
188 2017-07-13T08:05:48  <luke-jr> hmm
189 2017-07-13T08:05:55  *** Lisandro2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
190 2017-07-13T08:05:59  <luke-jr> but people *don't* see it that much
191 2017-07-13T08:06:10  <luke-jr> if they do, it's more often than not a website that doesn't care what we do here
192 2017-07-13T08:06:22  <gmaxwell> (and god forbid people use the malicious messages like I suggested above, which they'd see in optimally bad situations: when they're wondering if their node is working right)
193 2017-07-13T08:06:37  <gmaxwell> luke-jr: yea, thats those websites problems (actually a lot of them filter that stuff)
194 2017-07-13T08:07:26  <luke-jr> should I make SanitizeString do the %xx escaping, or have a new function for this?
195 2017-07-13T08:07:33  <gmaxwell> FWIW I protested the UAs to begin with. Just for the record. :P
196 2017-07-13T08:08:29  <gmaxwell> nothing good ever comes from strings in protocols.
197 2017-07-13T08:09:28  <luke-jr> I know a protocol that uses strings for commands
198 2017-07-13T08:09:34  <gmaxwell> as far as url escaping the logs, that solves some problems not others... e.g. I think it doesn't make them necessarily safe for shell processing.
199 2017-07-13T08:09:34  <luke-jr> … sortof XD
200 2017-07-13T08:09:55  <luke-jr> gmaxwell: ?
201 2017-07-13T08:10:09  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
202 2017-07-13T08:10:30  <gmaxwell> or maybe it does. gah, part of my complaint is that these sorts of changes aren't worth the security review time.
203 2017-07-13T08:10:33  *** rockhouse has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
204 2017-07-13T08:11:35  <gmaxwell> luke-jr: re wladimir adding ( and ) in 2014: at least those characters are specifically named in the BIP.
205 2017-07-13T08:11:59  <gmaxwell> (they are also not ones that I've personally ever had bite me in data, I think)
206 2017-07-13T08:12:19  <gmaxwell> where ! %  very much have.
207 2017-07-13T08:13:29  <gmaxwell> Lets only allow the characters BIP14 specifically mentions. :P
208 2017-07-13T08:13:51  <sipa> jonasschnelli: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10810#issuecomment-314993972 ?
209 2017-07-13T08:14:00  <sipa> you're agreeing with a NACK, and then proceed to merge it?
210 2017-07-13T08:14:15  <jonasschnelli> sipa: Yes
211 2017-07-13T08:14:16  <sipa> (i have little opinion either way, just trying to follow what's happening)
212 2017-07-13T08:14:29  <gmaxwell> luke-jr: also, FWIW, I can promise it wasn't because it was you that I protested... I was into writing my opposition before noticing it was you that was pring it.
213 2017-07-13T08:14:52  <jonasschnelli> sipa: The best way to stop such PR is to merge them quickly. We can't close them.
214 2017-07-13T08:15:00  <sipa> why not?
215 2017-07-13T08:15:22  <jonasschnelli> Trolling and because it's an improvement (the space was missing there).
216 2017-07-13T08:15:32  <jonasschnelli> Closing because it may slow us down is somehow weak?
217 2017-07-13T08:15:44  <jonasschnelli> A quick merge seems to be the best path forward
218 2017-07-13T08:15:53  <jonasschnelli> "get it out of the way" style
219 2017-07-13T08:18:12  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
220 2017-07-13T08:18:13  <gmaxwell> lets hope it didn't conflict any other PRs and cause needed rebasing.
221 2017-07-13T08:22:31  <jonasschnelli> gmaxwell: I checked that and it shouldn't
222 2017-07-13T08:22:49  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
223 2017-07-13T08:22:53  *** jamesob has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
224 2017-07-13T08:23:18  <jonasschnelli> Maybe that something we can discuss in todays meeting. These typo-fix/add-spaced PRs need a clear strategy how to avoid them in the long run.
225 2017-07-13T08:23:24  <jonasschnelli> Maybe the quick merge is not ideal then
226 2017-07-13T08:24:01  *** paveljanik has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
227 2017-07-13T08:24:17  <jonasschnelli> But if we want to close them (not merge them), then we should have a quick part in the PR guidlines
228 2017-07-13T08:24:49  <sipa> > Do not submit patches solely to modify the style of existing code.
229 2017-07-13T08:25:08  <sipa> -- https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/developer-notes.md#developer-notes
230 2017-07-13T08:26:49  <jonasschnelli> Oh... I should read more.
231 2017-07-13T08:27:28  *** jamesob has quit IRC
232 2017-07-13T08:27:35  <jonasschnelli> What about typo fixes?
233 2017-07-13T08:28:16  <jonasschnelli> So yes. My quick merge was wrong.
234 2017-07-13T08:28:46  <luke-jr> does #10731 look acceptable now?
235 2017-07-13T08:28:47  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10731 | Escape rather than remove any printable characters in UAs by luke-jr · Pull Request #10731 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
236 2017-07-13T08:32:21  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: looks good. But I guess the PR description could be a bit better (going to be in git history)
237 2017-07-13T08:33:54  <luke-jr> done
238 2017-07-13T08:35:23  <luke-jr> insofar as UA phishing, how hard would it be to add a red exclamation mark icon next to the UA string with a tooltip warning the user it's not to be trusted?
239 2017-07-13T08:35:51  <luke-jr> (otoh, maybe that would make the problem worse?)
240 2017-07-13T08:38:01  *** Lisandro2 has quit IRC
241 2017-07-13T08:44:58  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
242 2017-07-13T08:46:08  *** Victor_sueca has quit IRC
243 2017-07-13T08:47:15  *** Victor_sueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
244 2017-07-13T09:02:35  *** henrik_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
245 2017-07-13T09:07:19  *** promag has quit IRC
246 2017-07-13T09:25:37  *** Raymundo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
247 2017-07-13T09:32:48  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
248 2017-07-13T09:39:09  *** alan_baker has quit IRC
249 2017-07-13T09:40:38  *** Dyaheon has quit IRC
250 2017-07-13T09:40:50  *** Dyaheon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
251 2017-07-13T09:47:51  *** Lauda has quit IRC
252 2017-07-13T09:55:49  *** henrik_ has quit IRC
253 2017-07-13T10:00:22  *** BashCo has quit IRC
254 2017-07-13T10:01:01  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
255 2017-07-13T10:16:35  *** justan0theruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
256 2017-07-13T10:18:41  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
257 2017-07-13T10:19:00  *** justan0theruser has quit IRC
258 2017-07-13T10:19:40  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
259 2017-07-13T10:24:11  *** jamesob has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
260 2017-07-13T10:28:49  *** jamesob has quit IRC
261 2017-07-13T10:34:37  *** JackH has quit IRC
262 2017-07-13T10:34:57  *** coredump_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
263 2017-07-13T10:53:09  *** SopaXorzTaker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
264 2017-07-13T11:10:35  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
265 2017-07-13T11:11:13  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
266 2017-07-13T11:25:31  *** jamesob has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
267 2017-07-13T11:28:38  *** coredump_ has quit IRC
268 2017-07-13T11:30:21  *** jamesob has quit IRC
269 2017-07-13T11:33:11  *** SopaXorzTaker has quit IRC
270 2017-07-13T11:39:33  *** riemann has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
271 2017-07-13T11:46:58  *** SopaXorzTaker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
272 2017-07-13T11:48:10  *** promag has quit IRC
273 2017-07-13T11:57:18  *** coredump_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
274 2017-07-13T12:12:30  *** dabura667 has quit IRC
275 2017-07-13T12:26:32  <jonasschnelli> ryanofsky: I like your def __idiv__(self, relative_uri): approach
276 2017-07-13T12:26:40  <jonasschnelli> Can you help me how I have to do this?
277 2017-07-13T12:27:58  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
278 2017-07-13T12:29:39  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
279 2017-07-13T12:31:00  *** clarkmoody has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
280 2017-07-13T12:41:38  *** deep-book-gk_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
281 2017-07-13T12:42:08  *** coredump_ has quit IRC
282 2017-07-13T12:43:41  *** deep-book-gk_ has left #bitcoin-core-dev
283 2017-07-13T12:49:32  *** lucianor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
284 2017-07-13T12:56:20  *** Guyver2_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
285 2017-07-13T12:58:58  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
286 2017-07-13T12:59:24  *** Guyver2__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
287 2017-07-13T12:59:26  *** Guyver2__ is now known as Guyver2
288 2017-07-13T13:01:53  *** Guyver2_ has quit IRC
289 2017-07-13T13:05:36  *** davec has quit IRC
290 2017-07-13T13:06:10  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
291 2017-07-13T13:08:54  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ReneNyffenegger opened pull request #10814: Change type of op to agree with type of MAX_OPCODE. (master...MAX_OPCODE) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10814
292 2017-07-13T13:13:02  *** murchandamus has quit IRC
293 2017-07-13T13:13:10  *** davec has quit IRC
294 2017-07-13T13:13:27  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
295 2017-07-13T13:13:53  <ryanofsky> jonasschnelli, does suggested code in https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10650#discussion_r123484826 not work?
296 2017-07-13T13:14:15  *** murchandamus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
297 2017-07-13T13:14:37  <ryanofsky> maybe it needs /v1/ string added
298 2017-07-13T13:14:57  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #10814: Change type of op to agree with type of MAX_OPCODE. (master...MAX_OPCODE) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10814
299 2017-07-13T13:18:34  <ryanofsky> actually should probably be __truediv__ not idiv: https://docs.python.org/3/reference/datamodel.html?highlight=truediv#object.__truediv__
300 2017-07-13T13:20:58  *** davec has quit IRC
301 2017-07-13T13:22:02  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
302 2017-07-13T13:26:47  *** jamesob has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
303 2017-07-13T13:26:49  *** davec has quit IRC
304 2017-07-13T13:30:25  *** cheese_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
305 2017-07-13T13:31:16  *** jamesob has quit IRC
306 2017-07-13T13:32:37  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
307 2017-07-13T13:41:54  <jnewbery> jonasschnelli: what's the current status with 10814? Are you expecting to rebase/address feedback today?
308 2017-07-13T13:42:54  <jnewbery> sorry, not 10814, 10650
309 2017-07-13T13:43:05  <jnewbery> #10650
310 2017-07-13T13:43:08  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10650 | Multiwallet: add RPC endpoint support by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #10650 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
311 2017-07-13T13:46:15  <jonasschnelli> jnewbery, ryanofsky: working on a rebase of 10650 with add points adressed
312 2017-07-13T13:46:43  <jonasschnelli> But git history is somehow fucked up... will fix soon
313 2017-07-13T13:46:59  <jonasschnelli> So I pushed the just rebased version now
314 2017-07-13T13:47:18  <jonasschnelli> Because the fixed has a strange history.. will fix soon
315 2017-07-13T13:47:34  <jnewbery> anything I can do to help?
316 2017-07-13T13:49:06  *** cheese_ has quit IRC
317 2017-07-13T13:50:15  <jonasschnelli> jnewbery: no all good.
318 2017-07-13T13:52:22  *** Guyver2_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
319 2017-07-13T13:54:58  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
320 2017-07-13T13:55:06  *** Guyver2_ is now known as Guyver2
321 2017-07-13T13:56:06  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
322 2017-07-13T14:01:27  <instagibbs> morcos, displaying wallet name is still useful in case you have multiple wallets in same datadir and you've forgotten which one you loaded :)
323 2017-07-13T14:01:46  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
324 2017-07-13T14:01:58  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
325 2017-07-13T14:01:58  *** BashCo has quit IRC
326 2017-07-13T14:02:11  <jonasschnelli> instagibbs you mean in getwalletinfo?
327 2017-07-13T14:02:32  <instagibbs> yeah
328 2017-07-13T14:02:34  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
329 2017-07-13T14:02:55  <jonasschnelli> Yes. I think it's a must for getwalletinfo
330 2017-07-13T14:03:05  <jonasschnelli> Its how users can be sure they interacting with the right wallet
331 2017-07-13T14:03:07  <instagibbs> squinting at the hd key is the way I distinguish now
332 2017-07-13T14:03:22  <jonasschnelli> yeah. that works too
333 2017-07-13T14:05:30  <morcos> instagibbs: heh, i was joking about the listwallets feature.. but hopefully 10650 makes it!
334 2017-07-13T14:06:17  <morcos> it lookes like #10706 could use one more ack, but it's close.  #10707 is then 2 simple commits on top of that.  But I'd like opinon on the second commit
335 2017-07-13T14:06:19  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10706 | Improve wallet fee logic and fix GUI bugs by morcos · Pull Request #10706 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
336 2017-07-13T14:06:20  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10707 | Better API for estimatesmartfee RPC by morcos · Pull Request #10707 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
337 2017-07-13T14:06:27  <morcos> See this comment: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10707#issuecomment-314869251
338 2017-07-13T14:06:48  <morcos> All this needs to go in before string freeze
339 2017-07-13T14:11:10  *** promag has quit IRC
340 2017-07-13T14:14:17  <jonasschnelli> jnewbery or ryanofsky
341 2017-07-13T14:14:36  <jonasschnelli> i could not get that authproxy endoint thing running
342 2017-07-13T14:14:59  <jonasschnelli> I guess python doesnt like me...
343 2017-07-13T14:15:15  <jonasschnelli> Anyone of you willing to provide a commit for 10650?
344 2017-07-13T14:16:46  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
345 2017-07-13T14:20:11  *** cheese_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
346 2017-07-13T14:21:31  <jnewbery> jonasschnelli: I'll give it a go now
347 2017-07-13T14:21:47  <jonasschnelli> perfect. thanks
348 2017-07-13T14:31:36  *** SopaXorzTaker has quit IRC
349 2017-07-13T14:44:11  *** Guyver2_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
350 2017-07-13T14:44:32  *** juscamarena_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
351 2017-07-13T14:44:49  *** Guest97515 has quit IRC
352 2017-07-13T14:45:10  *** SopaXorzTaker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
353 2017-07-13T14:45:48  <jnewbery> I've got authproxy working and written a test, but any requests to /v1/wallet/<wallet> get 404s
354 2017-07-13T14:46:00  <jnewbery> I think because RegisterJSONEndpoint() isn't called anywhere?
355 2017-07-13T14:46:12  <jnewbery> jonasschnelli ^
356 2017-07-13T14:46:18  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
357 2017-07-13T14:46:25  *** Guyver2_ is now known as Guyver2
358 2017-07-13T14:49:31  *** Guyver2_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
359 2017-07-13T14:49:32  *** juscamarena_ has quit IRC
360 2017-07-13T14:50:58  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
361 2017-07-13T14:51:04  *** Guyver2_ is now known as Guyver2
362 2017-07-13T14:53:01  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
363 2017-07-13T14:54:41  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
364 2017-07-13T14:55:13  <jnewbery> ok, here you go: https://github.com/jnewbery/bitcoin/tree/multiwallet_test2
365 2017-07-13T14:55:58  <jonasschnelli> jnewbery: Yes. The PR is currently not working
366 2017-07-13T14:56:51  <jonasschnelli> jnewbery: which commit is relevant? I'd like to cherry pick (and keep you as the author)
367 2017-07-13T14:57:02  <jnewbery> that is (your PR #10650) MINUS (the authproxy commit) PLUS (my PR #10604 rebased on top) PLUS (ryanofsky's suggested authproxy change) PLUS (a functional test for multiwallet endpoints) PLUS (a hack in httprpc.cpp to get the test to pass)
368 2017-07-13T14:57:04  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10650 | Multiwallet: add RPC endpoint support by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #10650 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
369 2017-07-13T14:57:09  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10604 | [wallet] [tests] Add listwallets RPC, include wallet name in `getwalletinfo` and add multiwallet test by jnewbery · Pull Request #10604 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
370 2017-07-13T14:57:20  *** Guyver2_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
371 2017-07-13T14:57:41  <jnewbery> 4597818... is the authproxy commit
372 2017-07-13T14:58:06  *** riemann has quit IRC
373 2017-07-13T14:59:03  <jonasschnelli> jnewbery: Ah.. is was looking for that one: https://github.com/jnewbery/bitcoin/commit/4597818e43900dc07271773f544f47d1da6d635c
374 2017-07-13T14:59:08  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
375 2017-07-13T14:59:27  <jonasschnelli> Thanks.. will finish 10650 soon. best to do hand off for now (until I'll comment its rebased)
376 2017-07-13T14:59:34  <jonasschnelli> *hands
377 2017-07-13T15:00:43  *** Guyver2__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
378 2017-07-13T15:00:45  *** Guyver2__ is now known as Guyver2
379 2017-07-13T15:02:08  <jnewbery> ok, ping me if you need anything else. It'd be great to get this ready for final review/merge before the meeting
380 2017-07-13T15:03:13  *** Guyver2_ has quit IRC
381 2017-07-13T15:03:45  *** juscamarena_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
382 2017-07-13T15:10:07  *** jnewbery1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
383 2017-07-13T15:14:18  *** treebeardd has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
384 2017-07-13T15:14:24  *** Guyver2_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
385 2017-07-13T15:17:13  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
386 2017-07-13T15:17:19  *** Guyver2_ is now known as Guyver2
387 2017-07-13T15:28:03  *** jamesob has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
388 2017-07-13T15:32:28  *** jamesob has quit IRC
389 2017-07-13T15:32:57  *** SopaXorzTaker has quit IRC
390 2017-07-13T15:33:27  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
391 2017-07-13T15:33:56  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
392 2017-07-13T15:41:47  <jonasschnelli> jnewbery with your AuthProxy thing I get also a 404
393 2017-07-13T15:42:00  <jonasschnelli> But bitcoin-cli works.. so the endpoint must be registered
394 2017-07-13T15:43:16  <jnewbery> can you push your latest branch and I'll test?
395 2017-07-13T15:43:51  <jnewbery> suggest you tcpdump and compare the requests from bitcoin-cli and authproxy
396 2017-07-13T15:44:21  <jonasschnelli> ah.. found!
397 2017-07-13T15:44:21  <jonasschnelli> path='//v1/wallet/w0/'
398 2017-07-13T15:45:06  <jonasschnelli> it should be AuthServiceProxy("{}{}" (for the __truediff__ op)
399 2017-07-13T15:45:25  *** jcorgan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
400 2017-07-13T15:45:36  *** ivan- has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
401 2017-07-13T15:46:24  *** ivan- is now known as ivan
402 2017-07-13T15:47:27  <ryanofsky> shouldn't you just write / "path" instead of / "/path"?
403 2017-07-13T15:48:10  <jnewbery> ryanofsky: right. That's what's in the test I provided https://github.com/jnewbery/bitcoin/commit/53be2f334979f2cd979554fe81c4837ad02328cd
404 2017-07-13T15:48:23  <jnewbery> doesn't matter either way, as long as you're consistent
405 2017-07-13T15:48:25  *** Murch has quit IRC
406 2017-07-13T15:48:27  *** lucianor_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
407 2017-07-13T15:50:35  <ryanofsky> / "path" is more consistent with python path api
408 2017-07-13T15:51:31  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
409 2017-07-13T15:52:33  *** lucianor has quit IRC
410 2017-07-13T15:59:00  <jonasschnelli> jnewbery, ryanofsky: I just pushed the new version.. now its ready for a review
411 2017-07-13T15:59:12  *** instagibbs has quit IRC
412 2017-07-13T15:59:57  <jonasschnelli> I think usually its better to wait for a 2nd rebase until the author said its overhauled... :)
413 2017-07-13T16:00:09  <jonasschnelli> But I guess Github sends those code-push mails.
414 2017-07-13T16:00:57  *** promag has quit IRC
415 2017-07-13T16:01:39  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
416 2017-07-13T16:02:43  *** Victor_sueca has quit IRC
417 2017-07-13T16:05:34  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
418 2017-07-13T16:16:46  *** cheese_ has quit IRC
419 2017-07-13T16:17:59  *** Dizzle has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
420 2017-07-13T16:20:05  *** lucianor_ has quit IRC
421 2017-07-13T16:26:48  *** abpa has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
422 2017-07-13T16:29:25  *** jamesob has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
423 2017-07-13T16:33:35  *** jamesob has quit IRC
424 2017-07-13T16:39:13  *** SopaXorzTaker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
425 2017-07-13T16:48:41  *** SopaXorzTaker has quit IRC
426 2017-07-13T16:50:52  *** Raymundo has quit IRC
427 2017-07-13T16:51:24  *** Ricky2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
428 2017-07-13T16:52:52  *** Dyaheon has quit IRC
429 2017-07-13T16:54:28  *** Dyaheon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
430 2017-07-13T17:01:01  *** Murch has quit IRC
431 2017-07-13T17:01:17  *** timothy has quit IRC
432 2017-07-13T17:06:36  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
433 2017-07-13T17:15:01  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
434 2017-07-13T17:19:28  *** owowo has quit IRC
435 2017-07-13T17:25:45  <morcos> Can someone please remove 0.15 milestone from: #8501 and #10418  and add 0.15 milestone to: #10815
436 2017-07-13T17:25:47  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/8501 | Add mempool statistics collector by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #8501 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
437 2017-07-13T17:25:48  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10418 | Need fee estimation migration for 0.15 · Issue #10418 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
438 2017-07-13T17:25:49  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10815 | bitcoin-qt core dumps when bitcoin(d/-qt) is already running · Issue #10815 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
439 2017-07-13T17:26:21  <morcos> Actually 10418 can just be closed, although it should be addressed in the release notes
440 2017-07-13T17:27:24  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
441 2017-07-13T17:31:42  *** lucianor_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
442 2017-07-13T17:33:19  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
443 2017-07-13T17:40:45  *** SopaXorzTaker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
444 2017-07-13T17:43:40  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
445 2017-07-13T17:45:21  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
446 2017-07-13T17:46:27  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
447 2017-07-13T17:54:30  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] morcos opened pull request #10816: Properly forbid -salvagewallet and -zapwallettxes for multi wallet. (master...multiwallet_parameters) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10816
448 2017-07-13T17:54:52  *** chjj has quit IRC
449 2017-07-13T18:02:14  *** BashCo has quit IRC
450 2017-07-13T18:02:51  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
451 2017-07-13T18:03:40  <wumpus> 10815 is crazy, when did that start to happen? I'm sure it was ok on 0.14 :/
452 2017-07-13T18:04:57  <wumpus> we really need tests for the init sequence, it's too easy to mess it up
453 2017-07-13T18:06:49  <morcos> wumpus: i don't know.. i've been noticing for a while now that occasionally i don't seem to be able to get RPC credentials..  what causes that aspect of the problem?
454 2017-07-13T18:06:54  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
455 2017-07-13T18:07:03  *** chjj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
456 2017-07-13T18:07:11  <morcos> don't know if those other cases were related to this problem, its kind of easy to miss the core dumps when you expect it to not start properly anyway
457 2017-07-13T18:08:14  *** instagibbs has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
458 2017-07-13T18:09:05  *** owowo has quit IRC
459 2017-07-13T18:09:45  <morcos> by the way, general request for anyone who has open PR's please check whether your 0.15 milestone status is correct or not.  would be nice to focus on the right things and make sure we don't miss anything important.
460 2017-07-13T18:12:11  *** abpa has quit IRC
461 2017-07-13T18:13:50  <wumpus> well if it continues after not being able to lock the data directory it could do all kinds of things, such as deleting files that are used by the running instance
462 2017-07-13T18:14:30  <sipa> it seems 0.15 will use around 1.4x less CPU for validation than 0.14.2 (with infinite dbcache, before assumevalid point)
463 2017-07-13T18:14:40  <wumpus> great!
464 2017-07-13T18:15:40  <sipa> and at the tip, it's probably even more due to tx validation cache
465 2017-07-13T18:18:08  <sipa> wumpus: the whole type punning thing is complicated
466 2017-07-13T18:18:13  <morcos> negative CPU usage sounds awesome!
467 2017-07-13T18:18:24  <sipa> morcos: haha
468 2017-07-13T18:18:35  <wumpus> sipa: I'm sometimes thinking about giving up on C++ completely, I really can't keep up anymore
469 2017-07-13T18:19:00  <sipa> wumpus: in C11, type punning through a union is officially supported, and it's ambiguous in C99
470 2017-07-13T18:19:12  <sipa> but in C++, there seems to be nothing in the standard to indicate that it is legal
471 2017-07-13T18:19:24  <wumpus> everyone uses it though, we were all told to use it, after punning through a pointer was no longer allowed
472 2017-07-13T18:19:29  <wumpus> now this is no longer allowed either?
473 2017-07-13T18:19:30  <sipa> however, it's been supported in actual compilers since forever
474 2017-07-13T18:19:55  <sipa> it was never allowed by standards, but in practice everyone used it, so compilers support it
475 2017-07-13T18:20:15  <wumpus> so is this a question of language lawyering or a practical problem?
476 2017-07-13T18:20:34  <sipa> in this PR, it's purely theoretical... i gave 3 reasons why it's not a problem :)
477 2017-07-13T18:20:45  <wumpus> if everything supports it in practice and all code out there uses something, then it's very hard to argue avoiding it
478 2017-07-13T18:21:06  <morcos> #10235 should be milestoned 0.15 but is ready for merge
479 2017-07-13T18:21:08  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10235 | Track keypool entries as internal vs external in memory by TheBlueMatt · Pull Request #10235 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
480 2017-07-13T18:21:32  <wumpus> unless there is an official way of doing it, of course, which is better, then we should move to that, but it's tiring
481 2017-07-13T18:21:44  <wumpus> there's always something that is UB lately
482 2017-07-13T18:21:49  <wumpus> c++ sucks
483 2017-07-13T18:21:55  <sipa> wumpus: yes, you're always allowed to access a type's byte representation through a char pointer
484 2017-07-13T18:22:12  <wumpus> but we don't want to access the type's byte representation
485 2017-07-13T18:22:42  <wumpus> it was to initialize a pointer in a structure
486 2017-07-13T18:22:55  <sipa> yes, but the wrong one :)
487 2017-07-13T18:22:57  <wumpus> or do you want to use offset_of and clear the byte range?
488 2017-07-13T18:23:22  <sipa> the compiler _incorrectly_ thinks that the indirect pointer may be used uninitialized
489 2017-07-13T18:23:53  <sipa> this is not possible, the size field is used as a union tag
490 2017-07-13T18:24:09  <wumpus> morcos: the problem in 10815 is that it does a shutdown, even though the init didn't complete
491 2017-07-13T18:24:12  <sipa> we're trying to silence it by initializing that pointer, even though the other union field is the only one that's being used
492 2017-07-13T18:24:26  <wumpus> morcos: so it shuts down the HTTP server, which deletes your authentication cookie etc, even though it was never started
493 2017-07-13T18:24:41  <wumpus> sipa: bleh
494 2017-07-13T18:25:27  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
495 2017-07-13T18:25:34  <sipa> wumpus: forget i brought it up; there are plenty of reasons why it should be fine
496 2017-07-13T18:25:37  <morcos> wumpus: and what causes core dump?
497 2017-07-13T18:26:04  <wumpus> morcos:  g_signals.m_internals->BlockChecked.disconnect(boost::bind(&CValidationInterface::BlockChecked, pwalletIn, _1, _2));
498 2017-07-13T18:26:11  <morcos> 10799 can be tagged 0.15 too
499 2017-07-13T18:26:22  <wumpus> morcos: probably disconnecting something that was never connected in the first place
500 2017-07-13T18:26:40  <morcos> hmm.. that sucks
501 2017-07-13T18:28:11  <morcos> while i have you, can i have your opinion on another RPC agument name change issue, this time all messed up solely by me:   https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10707#issuecomment-314869251
502 2017-07-13T18:28:43  <morcos> i don't want to miss string freeze, so just want to be sure we all agree on what the final API should look like so i can make sure commits are updated
503 2017-07-13T18:29:18  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
504 2017-07-13T18:30:41  *** jamesob has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
505 2017-07-13T18:30:45  <wumpus> morcos: sure, it's good to use a consistent name over multiple calls, if it is used for the same thing
506 2017-07-13T18:30:57  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
507 2017-07-13T18:31:15  <wumpus> and if it hasn't been in any release it's ok to change it
508 2017-07-13T18:31:25  <morcos> yep only issue is the only one in stable release is using the wrong convention confTarget instead of conf_target.   make all the new ones wrong, or just allow that old one to stick around unchanged.
509 2017-07-13T18:31:27  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
510 2017-07-13T18:31:34  <wumpus> also the string freeze doesn't apply to RPC help or api, because it's not translated
511 2017-07-13T18:31:42  *** Lauda has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
512 2017-07-13T18:31:46  <wumpus> it's just for GUI messages _(...) and tr(...)
513 2017-07-13T18:32:03  <morcos> nblocks has been in release, but already changing estimatesmartfee anyway based on the unstable warning
514 2017-07-13T18:32:06  <morcos> oh...
515 2017-07-13T18:32:17  <morcos> whew, ok
516 2017-07-13T18:32:19  <cfields> sipa: why not use aggregate initialization: prevector() : _size(0), _union{{}}
517 2017-07-13T18:32:24  <cfields> or give the union a ctor?
518 2017-07-13T18:32:45  <luke-jr> yeah, string freeze is to give translators time ;)
519 2017-07-13T18:32:59  <sipa> cfields: oh?
520 2017-07-13T18:33:42  <sipa> cfields: which field of the union does that initialize?
521 2017-07-13T18:33:50  <cfields> sipa: the first
522 2017-07-13T18:34:34  <sipa> cfields: go comment on the PR
523 2017-07-13T18:35:13  <luke-jr> unions can have a ctor? :o
524 2017-07-13T18:35:14  *** jamesob has quit IRC
525 2017-07-13T18:35:50  <sipa> luke-jr: yup, and other methods
526 2017-07-13T18:35:57  <sipa> (but not virtual ones)
527 2017-07-13T18:35:59  <cfields> sipa: sure. I'm not seeing the warning without the change, though.
528 2017-07-13T18:36:07  <sipa> cfields: neither do it
529 2017-07-13T18:36:08  <sipa> *do i
530 2017-07-13T18:47:55  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
531 2017-07-13T18:48:08  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
532 2017-07-13T18:48:45  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] morcos opened pull request #10817: Add a discard_rate to avoid small change (master...discardmore) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10817
533 2017-07-13T18:49:16  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
534 2017-07-13T18:49:20  <morcos> gmaxwell: ^ probably too late, but was waiting on my other PR's to move forward, its still depending on 10706
535 2017-07-13T18:51:21  *** dom_king has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
536 2017-07-13T18:53:09  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
537 2017-07-13T18:53:30  *** EBM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
538 2017-07-13T18:57:45  *** LFiuza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
539 2017-07-13T18:58:19  *** V3110C3T has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
540 2017-07-13T18:58:50  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj opened pull request #10818: init: Keep track of whether data directory locked, don't cleanup if not (master...2017_05_locked_datadir) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10818
541 2017-07-13T18:59:40  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
542 2017-07-13T19:00:11  <luke-jr> It is time.
543 2017-07-13T19:00:25  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
544 2017-07-13T19:00:59  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
545 2017-07-13T19:01:01  <gmaxwell> Neat: luke-jr found a way to abuse the coinbase api to create a sybil resistant poll based on coinbases' KYC process: https://luke.dashjr.org/programs/kycpoll/answers.php
546 2017-07-13T19:01:13  *** lupape has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
547 2017-07-13T19:01:19  <petertodd> gmaxwell: nice
548 2017-07-13T19:01:28  <achow101> meeting?
549 2017-07-13T19:01:34  <gmaxwell> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr btcdrak sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier
550 2017-07-13T19:01:37  <instagibbs> hi
551 2017-07-13T19:01:40  <wumpus> #startmeeting
552 2017-07-13T19:01:40  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Jul 13 19:01:40 2017 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
553 2017-07-13T19:01:40  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
554 2017-07-13T19:01:40  <jonasschnelli> Hi
555 2017-07-13T19:01:41  <morcos> i'm here for 30 mins
556 2017-07-13T19:01:43  *** V3110C3T has quit IRC
557 2017-07-13T19:01:44  <petertodd> hi
558 2017-07-13T19:01:51  <luke-jr> I'm here until I pass out <.<
559 2017-07-13T19:01:59  <jtimon> hi
560 2017-07-13T19:02:03  <wumpus> proposed topics?
561 2017-07-13T19:02:03  <paveljanik> hi
562 2017-07-13T19:02:19  <achow101> possible topic: 0.15 feature freeze
563 2017-07-13T19:02:31  <achow101> it's soon, july 16th
564 2017-07-13T19:02:39  <cfields> hi
565 2017-07-13T19:02:43  <jtimon> review begging as first topic ?
566 2017-07-13T19:02:48  <wumpus> PSA: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/9961, feature freeze is sunday (which is an awful day, it'll probably be monday in practice)
567 2017-07-13T19:03:19  <wumpus> #topic high priority for review
568 2017-07-13T19:03:25  <wumpus> #link https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8
569 2017-07-13T19:03:32  <achow101> everything marked as 0.15?
570 2017-07-13T19:03:36  <achow101> :p
571 2017-07-13T19:03:50  <luke-jr> we can delay the feature freeze to July 16th, 2018 to avoid a Sunday
572 2017-07-13T19:04:00  <kanzure> hi.
573 2017-07-13T19:04:11  <morcos> #10711 can be removed from high-priority as its not for 0.15
574 2017-07-13T19:04:13  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10711 | [tests] Introduce TestNode by jnewbery · Pull Request #10711 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
575 2017-07-13T19:04:31  <wumpus> agree with that jnewbery?
576 2017-07-13T19:04:38  <morcos> Please add #10706 to high priority i guess, since the PR's it was depending on were merged
577 2017-07-13T19:04:40  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10706 | Improve wallet fee logic and fix GUI bugs by morcos · Pull Request #10706 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
578 2017-07-13T19:04:45  <morcos> i think i asked him, but he stepped away
579 2017-07-13T19:04:56  <jonasschnelli> I'm removing the 0.15 milestone from #10240 (will def. not make it)
580 2017-07-13T19:04:59  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10240 | Add HD wallet auto-restore functionality by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #10240 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
581 2017-07-13T19:05:04  <sipa> jonasschnelli: no
582 2017-07-13T19:05:07  <jtimon> since it seems #8498 cannot be priority for some reason that scapes me, what about #10757 from me ?
583 2017-07-13T19:05:09  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/8498 | Near-Bugfix: Optimization: Minimize the number of times it is checked that no money... by jtimon · Pull Request #8498 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
584 2017-07-13T19:05:11  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10757 | RPC: Introduce getblockstats to plot things by jtimon · Pull Request #10757 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
585 2017-07-13T19:05:15  <jonasschnelli> sipa: you want that in?
586 2017-07-13T19:05:19  *** treebeardd has quit IRC
587 2017-07-13T19:05:21  <sipa> jonasschnelli: if we remove that from 0.15, we must revert the hd split
588 2017-07-13T19:05:28  <wumpus> I tend to agree with achow101 - it's better to use the 0.15 tag now for high priority for review
589 2017-07-13T19:05:36  <instagibbs> sipa, ?
590 2017-07-13T19:05:41  <jonasschnelli> proposed topic then: Hd split / hd restore
591 2017-07-13T19:05:46  <cfields> #9566 can be removed from 0.15
592 2017-07-13T19:05:48  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/9566 | threading: use std::chrono for timestamps by theuni · Pull Request #9566 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
593 2017-07-13T19:05:51  <morcos> wumpus: i think its still helpful to distinguish between hope for 0.15 and really need
594 2017-07-13T19:06:00  <wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/milestone/25
595 2017-07-13T19:06:20  <gmaxwell> I think if we do not fix the restore we need to disable HD by default. The current situation can pretty easily lead to funds loss.
596 2017-07-13T19:06:24  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
597 2017-07-13T19:06:31  <morcos> but yes i also agree we need to clean up the 0.15 milestone list
598 2017-07-13T19:06:41  *** ivan has quit IRC
599 2017-07-13T19:06:41  <wumpus> cfields: bumped to 0.16
600 2017-07-13T19:06:50  <cfields> thanks
601 2017-07-13T19:06:51  *** V3110C3T has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
602 2017-07-13T19:06:58  <luke-jr> gmaxwell: that would be very confusing to users, since older versions have HD
603 2017-07-13T19:07:00  <jnewbery> wumpus: yess please remove 10711
604 2017-07-13T19:07:03  *** GM_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
605 2017-07-13T19:07:11  <jonasschnelli> I can work on the HD restrore. But It's pretty complex with pruning / encrypted wallets... the PR is already large and will get bigger...
606 2017-07-13T19:07:21  <jonasschnelli> If there is enough review power, we can try for 0.15
607 2017-07-13T19:07:28  <gmaxwell> E.g. just pick up a walled you'd previously saved, rescan won't move the keypool forward, and you'll end up missing transactions (then discarding wallets with money), and handing out addresses to people you already gave to other people and misattributing payments.
608 2017-07-13T19:07:28  <jonasschnelli> I can have it overhauled by tuesday
609 2017-07-13T19:07:39  <wumpus> jnewbery: done
610 2017-07-13T19:07:51  <jonasschnelli> gmaxwell: Yeah.. is also true for all other wallets with gap limits of 5 (most do)
611 2017-07-13T19:07:59  <jonasschnelli> We should def. do better
612 2017-07-13T19:08:00  <luke-jr> can just the wallet-format-touching parts of HD restore be prioritised? eg, move out the actual restoring logic?
613 2017-07-13T19:08:22  <sipa> jonasschnelli: this is not true for anything that automatically tops up the keypool
614 2017-07-13T19:08:28  <jonasschnelli> What about just provide HD restore for non-pruning (to reduce the size)?
615 2017-07-13T19:08:43  <jtimon> mhm, only #10652 in project 8...
616 2017-07-13T19:08:45  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10652 | Small step towards demangling cs_main from CNodeState by TheBlueMatt · Pull Request #10652 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
617 2017-07-13T19:09:06  <jonasschnelli> sipa: most HD wallets in the wilde stop topping the window futher up if a gap of >5< keys where found
618 2017-07-13T19:09:15  <sipa> jonasschnelli: yes
619 2017-07-13T19:09:19  <gmaxwell> jonasschnelli: to that extent that thats true at least in other cases those wallets behaviors are well documented and the interfaces is built around them, they're also used almost exclusively for personal use, rather than industrial use... (and it's not completely true because if there isn't a long gap they do handling it right and we do not)
620 2017-07-13T19:09:20  <sipa> jonasschnelli: but we don't top up at all
621 2017-07-13T19:09:27  *** V3110C3T has quit IRC
622 2017-07-13T19:09:39  <jonasschnelli> sipa: Yes. Not saying that is better. :)
623 2017-07-13T19:09:47  <sipa> jonasschnelli: and hd split makes it worse, because it risks reusing a key that was previously used as change as a payment address
624 2017-07-13T19:09:50  <jonasschnelli> I just wanted to re-state the HD restore in general is a broken thing
625 2017-07-13T19:09:53  <sipa> making you miss it as incoming payment
626 2017-07-13T19:09:59  <jonasschnelli> So what should we do?
627 2017-07-13T19:10:02  <sipa> fix it
628 2017-07-13T19:10:09  <sipa> #10240 is a bug fix
629 2017-07-13T19:10:11  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10240 | Add HD wallet auto-restore functionality by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #10240 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
630 2017-07-13T19:10:14  <jonasschnelli> Agree
631 2017-07-13T19:10:19  <jonasschnelli> Okay. Then we have more time.. :)
632 2017-07-13T19:10:54  <gmaxwell> Right now this is responsible for several serious bugs in our behavior, which regressed vs the past, and will predictable result in funds loss through several different vectors.  I don't see an easy workaround to prevent exposure-- I thought perhaps refusing to load a wallet if the tip doesn't match the chain tip, but thats too cumbersome and disruptive.
633 2017-07-13T19:10:57  <jonasschnelli> Since we have great reviewers, .. I'm convinced we get it in
634 2017-07-13T19:11:09  <morcos> 10240 (when ready) is an example of something that should also be on high-priority...  it's going to take some review time and its important to get in  (in addition to 0.15 milestone)
635 2017-07-13T19:11:42  <jonasschnelli> Okay. I though it not going to make it for 0.15 thats why I moved focus away.. but I see the issue now better
636 2017-07-13T19:11:50  <jonasschnelli> *thought
637 2017-07-13T19:11:55  <jnewbery> jonas: anything I can do to help for 10240? Would you like me to rebase it?
638 2017-07-13T19:12:02  <wumpus> ok, will add 10240
639 2017-07-13T19:12:12  <jonasschnelli> jnewbery: Please take over if you can
640 2017-07-13T19:12:15  <sipa> jonasschnelli: rescanning beyond your pruning depth should already be an issue? what do we do in that case?
641 2017-07-13T19:12:21  <morcos> achow101: what about the signrawtransaction splitting stuff, is that still aimed for 0.15?
642 2017-07-13T19:12:22  <jnewbery> sure. I'll take it
643 2017-07-13T19:12:29  <jonasschnelli> sipa: the PR halts validation
644 2017-07-13T19:12:35  <gmaxwell> jnewbery: You are now my personal hero for the day.
645 2017-07-13T19:12:45  <sipa> jonasschnelli: no, i mean right now
646 2017-07-13T19:12:53  <sipa> what do we do if we try to rescan beyond the prune depth
647 2017-07-13T19:12:55  <achow101> morcos: I'd like it to be. and the validateaddress stuff as that is related to #7965
648 2017-07-13T19:12:56  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/7965 | Remaining instances of ENABLE_WALLET in `libbitcoin_server.a` · Issue #7965 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
649 2017-07-13T19:13:06  <jonasschnelli> sipa: I don't know: :/
650 2017-07-13T19:13:17  <jonasschnelli> I guess you get an expection
651 2017-07-13T19:13:45  <sipa> so, i think pruning is not relevant for 10240
652 2017-07-13T19:13:56  *** rhavar has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
653 2017-07-13T19:13:56  <gmaxwell> the rescan calls just say no if you try that.
654 2017-07-13T19:14:01  <sipa> it's a problem right now if you rescan beyong the pruning depth, and it remains so
655 2017-07-13T19:14:27  <jonasschnelli> A large part of 10240 is about haling the full node in pruning... dropping that would reduce the review workload
656 2017-07-13T19:15:13  *** EBM has quit IRC
657 2017-07-13T19:15:21  <sipa> jonasschnelli: i think it should stop regardless of pruning
658 2017-07-13T19:15:21  <jonasschnelli> So. Drop the pruning option from 10240?
659 2017-07-13T19:15:31  <sipa> it's crazy that your wallet would go out of sync with your node
660 2017-07-13T19:15:39  <sipa> that's a totally unsupported state right now
661 2017-07-13T19:15:45  <jonasschnelli> From the PR on encrypted wallets:
662 2017-07-13T19:15:46  <jonasschnelli> Same as above, but, If we hit the gap limit with an encrypted wallet, we can't topup the keypool. In that case, we just pause the sync (not the node, only the wallet).
663 2017-07-13T19:15:54  <sipa> maybe that can be enabled later, once the wallet is more independent from the node
664 2017-07-13T19:16:08  *** V3110C3T has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
665 2017-07-13T19:16:19  <sipa> but i think 10240 should just stop sync entirely if your wallet is encrypted and the keypool runs out
666 2017-07-13T19:16:21  <rhavar> Anyone familiar enough with constraint solving to help me out with this model? https://gist.github.com/RHavar/0710144c713033d42f8f443a99fefbb7
667 2017-07-13T19:16:25  <jonasschnelli> sipa: well, if you use a backup wallet you have the same state
668 2017-07-13T19:16:28  <sipa> rhavar: not now, meeting
669 2017-07-13T19:16:36  <instagibbs> rhavar, ask again in 45 min :P
670 2017-07-13T19:16:40  <sipa> jonasschnelli: at startup; not anymore after rescan
671 2017-07-13T19:16:51  <sipa> during normal operation the wallet is always in sync with the node
672 2017-07-13T19:16:53  <jonasschnelli> Yes. Thats true
673 2017-07-13T19:16:59  * luke-jr wonders if a halted node will rewind based on headers
674 2017-07-13T19:17:11  <jonasschnelli> All that because of hardened derivation!
675 2017-07-13T19:17:27  <sipa> it's also easy to avoid; using 10000 keys in the keypool
676 2017-07-13T19:17:36  <gmaxwell> (indeed, which I also keep recommending)
677 2017-07-13T19:17:58  <jonasschnelli> You don't avoid it, you just make the timespan for the possible impact smaller
678 2017-07-13T19:18:07  <sipa> okay
679 2017-07-13T19:18:12  <jonasschnelli> And 10000 is just inefficient
680 2017-07-13T19:18:41  <sipa> well, i think all of that isn't the priority now
681 2017-07-13T19:18:58  <jonasschnelli> What about only allowing non-hardened derivation for encrypted wallets and disable all pkey export calls?
682 2017-07-13T19:18:59  <sipa> for 0.15, we need to have automatic marking of seen keys
683 2017-07-13T19:19:10  <sipa> jonasschnelli: yes, i like that, but not 0.15
684 2017-07-13T19:19:11  *** ivan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
685 2017-07-13T19:19:34  <jonasschnelli> Okay. jnewbery will focus on 10240 (he will rebase and overhaul I guess)
686 2017-07-13T19:19:48  <gmaxwell> jonasschnelli: we have a program that requires >1GB ram, runs best with >8GB ram, that does hours of processing just to start up-- I don't think worrying about 320k of key material is a major concern.
687 2017-07-13T19:19:57  <sipa> awesome; let's discuss further on the 10240 PR
688 2017-07-13T19:20:06  <gmaxwell> (also 1000 works too, it 10k is really too much.)
689 2017-07-13T19:20:13  <jonasschnelli> gmaxwell: should not be a concern. But it's still an inefficient fix for the problem we have
690 2017-07-13T19:20:26  <jonasschnelli> sipa: ack. Thanks jnewbery
691 2017-07-13T19:20:53  <gmaxwell> Inefficient compared to what?  Inefficient to taking away private key export? In efficient compared to even one moment of one users time?
692 2017-07-13T19:21:04  <jnewbery> no problem. Topic suggestion: #10650
693 2017-07-13T19:21:07  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10650 | Multiwallet: add RPC endpoint support by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #10650 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
694 2017-07-13T19:21:25  <jonasschnelli> gmaxwell: Inefficient compared to support pub key derivation for encrypted keys or to topup the keypool on the fly
695 2017-07-13T19:21:53  <gmaxwell> jonasschnelli: are you actively trying to sabotage the project?
696 2017-07-13T19:22:07  <sipa> gmaxwell: please
697 2017-07-13T19:22:13  <jonasschnelli> ?
698 2017-07-13T19:22:22  <sipa> jonasschnelli: there are good reasons to support hardened and unhardered derivation both; adding a feature is not a substitute for fixing a problem we have
699 2017-07-13T19:22:24  <jonasschnelli> gmaxwell: was that a joke or a serious question?
700 2017-07-13T19:22:46  <sipa> jonasschnelli: using non-hardened derivation implies you'll need to have a big keypool; it comes with that design choice
701 2017-07-13T19:23:20  <gmaxwell> Sorry to be rude, but I am just gobsmacked about aruging that setting the keypool to be big "on the order of tens or hundreds of kilobytes" is opposed compared to this long saw about public derrivation; which we aren't doing for the wallet at least now.
702 2017-07-13T19:23:46  <gmaxwell> So it seems to me like that you're intentionally in broken directions because you disagree with another decision.
703 2017-07-13T19:24:29  <gmaxwell> er intentionally pushing in
704 2017-07-13T19:24:47  <jonasschnelli> I though avoiding keypool with non-hardened derivation may be seen as a benefit for some of the users.. but it seems that i'm wrong. But at least it's not intentional sabotage
705 2017-07-13T19:24:50  <morcos> let's move on from this at least duing the meeting, i think we all agree that the keypool can be bigger than 200 regardless of otehr chnages we make
706 2017-07-13T19:25:11  <gmaxwell> Do we? it keeps getting argued against.
707 2017-07-13T19:25:22  <morcos> thats why i ended it by saying we all agree. :)
708 2017-07-13T19:25:25  <sipa> well, having non-hardened derivation with disabled key export is a perfectly fine _feature_ - but it's not usable for everyone (some people need key export), and for those users, we'll need to be able to deal with hardened derivation
709 2017-07-13T19:25:35  <sipa> so let's do that
710 2017-07-13T19:25:36  <sipa> next topic
711 2017-07-13T19:25:39  <instagibbs> ack
712 2017-07-13T19:25:40  <jtimon> NicolasDorier: how does #9728 interact with rescan ?
713 2017-07-13T19:25:40  <jonasschnelli> Yes. Agree
714 2017-07-13T19:25:42  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/9728 | Can create Watch Only HD wallet with -hdwatchonly by NicolasDorier · Pull Request #9728 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
715 2017-07-13T19:25:52  *** V3110C3T has quit IRC
716 2017-07-13T19:25:57  <instagibbs> jtimon, it doesn't do anything special for now
717 2017-07-13T19:26:12  <instagibbs> same as hardened
718 2017-07-13T19:26:39  <wumpus> other topics?
719 2017-07-13T19:26:52  <morcos> jnewbery suggested 10650
720 2017-07-13T19:27:24  <jnewbery> I think we're almost there with 10650. Only major sticking point is not having a default wallet when there are multiple wallets loaded
721 2017-07-13T19:27:25  <jtimon> instagibbs: I see, so it kind of depends on #10240 ?
722 2017-07-13T19:27:28  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10240 | Add HD wallet auto-restore functionality by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #10240 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
723 2017-07-13T19:27:46  <instagibbs> jtimon, we can chat offline about that after meeting
724 2017-07-13T19:27:53  <wumpus> #topic Multiwallet: add RPC endpoint support
725 2017-07-13T19:27:59  <jtimon> sure
726 2017-07-13T19:28:12  <jonasschnelli> I just pushed the overhaule of 10650 that fixes the points reported by ryanofsky jnewbery and morcos
727 2017-07-13T19:28:16  <jonasschnelli> *overhaul
728 2017-07-13T19:28:20  <sipa> jonasschnelli: cool
729 2017-07-13T19:28:28  <luke-jr> #10650
730 2017-07-13T19:28:31  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10650 | Multiwallet: add RPC endpoint support by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #10650 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
731 2017-07-13T19:28:45  <jnewbery> great! Will review
732 2017-07-13T19:28:49  <jnewbery> thanks jonas
733 2017-07-13T19:29:06  <wumpus> nice
734 2017-07-13T19:29:08  <morcos> yes, excellent.  woo!
735 2017-07-13T19:29:10  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
736 2017-07-13T19:29:21  <luke-jr> I very much dislike passing wallet by name. That just makes the GUI side ugly
737 2017-07-13T19:29:31  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
738 2017-07-13T19:29:42  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: you mean the selecting walltes by name?
739 2017-07-13T19:29:43  <sipa> luke-jr: as opposed to what? (sorry, i'm not up to date)
740 2017-07-13T19:29:54  <luke-jr> sipa: as opposed to passing a CWallet* on the JSONRPCRequest
741 2017-07-13T19:30:07  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
742 2017-07-13T19:30:09  <sipa> that seems like something that's easy to change later
743 2017-07-13T19:30:09  <luke-jr> jonasschnelli: the GUI would have to go CWallet* -> string -> CWallet*
744 2017-07-13T19:30:13  <luke-jr> and hope it matches the right one up
745 2017-07-13T19:30:22  <luke-jr> sipa: I suppose, yes
746 2017-07-13T19:30:35  <wumpus> yes, indeed, can we avoid long discussions about small details that don't matter for correctness?
747 2017-07-13T19:30:42  <wumpus> we really want this in before the feature freeze
748 2017-07-13T19:30:47  <wumpus> so let's be pracical about it
749 2017-07-13T19:30:48  <gmaxwell> <3
750 2017-07-13T19:30:57  <jonasschnelli> Yes. WalletID or similar can be done later.
751 2017-07-13T19:31:32  <wumpus> yep
752 2017-07-13T19:32:04  *** jamesob has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
753 2017-07-13T19:32:12  <jonasschnelli> One thing that is a bit cumbersome is that you have to remove the -wallet argument from bitcoin-cli when calling a non wallet command
754 2017-07-13T19:32:35  <jonasschnelli> The endpoint node/wallet split is not very practical from the -cli use perspective
755 2017-07-13T19:32:41  <wumpus> well it makes some sense
756 2017-07-13T19:32:45  <luke-jr> hmm, bitcoin-cli reads bitcoin.conf, doesn't it? how does that interact? :/
757 2017-07-13T19:32:59  <gmaxwell> then make the cli command handle that internally?
758 2017-07-13T19:33:16  *** V3110C3T has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
759 2017-07-13T19:33:17  <gmaxwell> also, we can take some clunkyness with this expiremental feature in 0.15.
760 2017-07-13T19:33:21  <jonasschnelli> gmaxwell: Yes. I though of that.
761 2017-07-13T19:33:23  <gmaxwell> e.g. fix cli later.
762 2017-07-13T19:33:32  <jonasschnelli> Yes. Sure.
763 2017-07-13T19:33:46  <jonasschnelli> If you want to use multiwallet now, you need to add/remove -wallet when fiddling with -cli
764 2017-07-13T19:33:50  <wumpus> IMO a clean separation between wallet and non wallet commands is good
765 2017-07-13T19:33:51  <luke-jr> fixing cli could mean changing the -wallet= to something else
766 2017-07-13T19:33:54  <wumpus> even if it seems cumbersome in the beginning
767 2017-07-13T19:33:57  *** Dyaheon has quit IRC
768 2017-07-13T19:34:04  <luke-jr> jonasschnelli: how do yuo remove it, if it's in bitcoin.conf?
769 2017-07-13T19:34:08  <instagibbs> luke-jr, yeah, something that means "use wallet" not "load wallet"
770 2017-07-13T19:34:13  <jonasschnelli> Yes. Its good.
771 2017-07-13T19:34:14  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: ? I can't follow
772 2017-07-13T19:34:16  <jtimon> bitcoin-cli calls with -wallet that don't need it could just ignore the extra argument and spit a warning somehwere or something?
773 2017-07-13T19:34:23  <wumpus> I mean it'd be easy to put every non-wallet command on wallet endpoints as well, but that's something that is awfullly hard to change later
774 2017-07-13T19:34:30  <luke-jr> jonasschnelli: typical multiwallet use case has wallet=abc.db \n wallet=def.db in bitcoin.conf
775 2017-07-13T19:34:36  <sipa> jonasschnelli: there are a bunch of things that the wallet - even after separation - will need access to (like fee estimates, mempool, ...)... i think it's fine if those remain inside the v1/wallet API (and also accessible as node commands)
776 2017-07-13T19:34:37  <jonasschnelli> wait.. that's actually a good point!
777 2017-07-13T19:34:42  <luke-jr> jonasschnelli: bitcoin-cli will get these options too.
778 2017-07-13T19:34:55  <jonasschnelli> Yes.. haven't tested that. :/
779 2017-07-13T19:35:08  *** Dyaheon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
780 2017-07-13T19:35:13  <luke-jr> instagibbs's -usewallet or similar seems like a good solution
781 2017-07-13T19:35:16  <instagibbs> it likely takes the first wallet arg and uses that
782 2017-07-13T19:35:28  <jonasschnelli> Yes. I think -usewallet is better
783 2017-07-13T19:35:40  <sipa> so i think i may agree with having pretty much everything available through the wallet endpoint
784 2017-07-13T19:35:43  <instagibbs> luke-jr, something like that, if it's not complicating something else
785 2017-07-13T19:35:48  <sipa> (but not getinfo) *ducks*
786 2017-07-13T19:36:01  *** unholymachine has quit IRC
787 2017-07-13T19:36:22  <gmaxwell> It's an expiremental feature, API isn't table. The endpoint can be leaky for now.
788 2017-07-13T19:36:26  <luke-jr> it's also easier to collapse args later than to split them, if we end up regretting it
789 2017-07-13T19:36:31  <jonasschnelli> I guess we can leave it for now we just need to mark the /v1 *EXPERIMENTAL* in the release notes
790 2017-07-13T19:36:36  <instagibbs> yes please
791 2017-07-13T19:36:40  *** jamesob has quit IRC
792 2017-07-13T19:36:42  <sipa> ack
793 2017-07-13T19:36:43  *** V3110C3T has quit IRC
794 2017-07-13T19:36:45  <gmaxwell> s/table/stable/
795 2017-07-13T19:37:03  <gmaxwell> And I think the alternative is to not have it at all, which isn't preferable.
796 2017-07-13T19:37:05  <wumpus> should do that anyway
797 2017-07-13T19:37:13  *** unholymachine has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
798 2017-07-13T19:37:14  <wumpus> absolutely
799 2017-07-13T19:37:41  <wumpus> as long as it doesn't cause regressions for single-wallet mode
800 2017-07-13T19:38:13  <wumpus> that would be unacceptable - but everything new is experimental
801 2017-07-13T19:38:55  <sipa> agree
802 2017-07-13T19:39:26  <jonasschnelli> I guess user feedback will also help us how to extend this further
803 2017-07-13T19:39:48  <wumpus> indeed
804 2017-07-13T19:40:25  <jonasschnelli> But once 10650 is in, we have finally usable multiwallet in Core! That's a big step.
805 2017-07-13T19:40:30  <sipa> jonasschnelli: it is!
806 2017-07-13T19:40:44  <jonasschnelli> And it wasn't the first try.
807 2017-07-13T19:41:19  <wumpus> hehe multiwallet slipped so many releases it's a shame
808 2017-07-13T19:41:23  <jtimon> yeah, is a nice feature to anounce in 0.15, even if as experimental
809 2017-07-13T19:42:17  <sipa> just to repeat some other happy results briefly: my reindex-chainstate to 450k with infinity dbcache runs about 40% faster on master than on 0.14.2
810 2017-07-13T19:42:40  <petertodd> sipa: what do you mean by "infinity dbcache"?
811 2017-07-13T19:42:41  <jtimon> wow
812 2017-07-13T19:42:42  <wumpus> which reminds me, someone should really write a release notes section about all the wonderful perf improvements in 0.15
813 2017-07-13T19:42:59  <sipa> petertodd: dbcache sufficient for the entire utxo sets
814 2017-07-13T19:43:00  *** lupape has quit IRC
815 2017-07-13T19:43:02  <gmaxwell> wumpus: I've already been talking to drak about some blog posts and whatnot on it.
816 2017-07-13T19:43:06  <wumpus> everything from crc instruction support in leveldb to the new and better database formats, to faster validation, etc
817 2017-07-13T19:43:21  <petertodd> sipa: ah, cool!
818 2017-07-13T19:43:27  <sipa> wumpus: don't forget tx validation caching; that's massive for performance at the tip
819 2017-07-13T19:43:31  <instagibbs> ^
820 2017-07-13T19:43:41  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
821 2017-07-13T19:43:44  <wumpus> sipa: +1
822 2017-07-13T19:43:46  <sipa> (just somewhat harder to benchmark and give cool numbers for)
823 2017-07-13T19:43:50  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
824 2017-07-13T19:44:29  *** V3110C3T has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
825 2017-07-13T19:44:30  <sipa> petertodd: around 6-8GB in 0.15, in practice (and more in 0.14.2, due to the blowup at flushing time)
826 2017-07-13T19:44:47  <petertodd> sipa: that's still pretty small fortunately :)
827 2017-07-13T19:44:49  *** wasi has quit IRC
828 2017-07-13T19:45:07  <gmaxwell> Was 2GB not that long ago.
829 2017-07-13T19:45:37  <petertodd> gmaxwell: be interesting to know why UTXO growth has stopped temporarily...
830 2017-07-13T19:46:27  <sipa> if you know, post it here: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/56513/why-has-utxo-set-stopped-growing-since-2017-06-03
831 2017-07-13T19:46:29  <instagibbs> (total size has been shrinking for a month now)
832 2017-07-13T19:46:42  *** wasi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
833 2017-07-13T19:47:13  <petertodd> could easily be someone ran out of money for an attack, and is spending the coins again
834 2017-07-13T19:47:57  <wumpus> #link https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/56513/why-has-utxo-set-stopped-growing-since-2017-06-03
835 2017-07-13T19:49:06  <wumpus> any other topics?
836 2017-07-13T19:49:08  <jtimon> many more possible explanations...
837 2017-07-13T19:49:25  <luke-jr> maybe a reminder that Tokyo Core is in a few weeks
838 2017-07-13T19:50:01  *** treebeardd has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
839 2017-07-13T19:50:21  <instagibbs> 2 weeks specifically
840 2017-07-13T19:50:54  <luke-jr> https://coredev.tech/tokyo.html lots of unconfirmed invites still
841 2017-07-13T19:51:26  <instagibbs> kind of a hike for those not already in area for other reasons
842 2017-07-13T19:51:29  <jtimon> oh, missed that one, I guess I can confirm now I'm not attending
843 2017-07-13T19:51:30  <wumpus> I'm not coming to tokyo core, but will be in the SF one in september
844 2017-07-13T19:51:41  <sipa> wumpus: great!
845 2017-07-13T19:51:52  <jonasschnelli> SF is pretty full booked..
846 2017-07-13T19:52:13  <jonasschnelli> Not saying we running out of space, but >20 confirmed
847 2017-07-13T19:52:33  <wumpus> sipa: you're coming too? great
848 2017-07-13T19:52:54  <sipa> wumpus: yes, of course
849 2017-07-13T19:53:08  <sipa> (i live nearby)
850 2017-07-13T19:53:10  <achow101> do we have a location for the sf meetup?
851 2017-07-13T19:54:06  <luke-jr> achow101: https://coredev.tech/nextmeeting.html
852 2017-07-13T19:54:08  <wumpus> yes, but it's still possible it will change
853 2017-07-13T19:55:09  <wumpus> depending on just how large the room needs to be I guess :-)
854 2017-07-13T19:55:28  <instagibbs> will we finally activate segwit there? *ducks*
855 2017-07-13T19:55:40  <rhavar> petertodd: the day it stopped growing is the day alphabay shut down
856 2017-07-13T19:55:52  <luke-jr> instagibbs: it'll already be active by then
857 2017-07-13T19:56:01  <achow101> luke-jr: hopefully
858 2017-07-13T19:56:03  *** V3110C3T has quit IRC
859 2017-07-13T19:56:03  <petertodd> rhavar: interesting!
860 2017-07-13T19:56:11  *** V3110C3T has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
861 2017-07-13T19:56:13  <instagibbs> rhavar, ? what date did it go down
862 2017-07-13T19:56:22  <rhavar> the 3rd i think
863 2017-07-13T19:56:46  <instagibbs> been holding/dropping since 3rd of June though
864 2017-07-13T19:56:58  <instagibbs> might be contributing factor still..
865 2017-07-13T19:57:03  *** V3110C3T has quit IRC
866 2017-07-13T19:57:10  <instagibbs> sorry, is meeting done
867 2017-07-13T19:57:11  <rhavar> oh, sorry -- I'm a month off
868 2017-07-13T19:57:12  <instagibbs> 3 minutes
869 2017-07-13T19:57:23  *** V3110C3T has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
870 2017-07-13T19:57:24  <rhavar> alphabay shut down the 3rd of july
871 2017-07-13T19:57:33  <rhavar> and that question was 3rd of june
872 2017-07-13T19:57:51  <instagibbs> my SWAG: I think internalizing customer transaction costs did the equiv of fees for exchange trading in China
873 2017-07-13T19:58:07  <wumpus> seems time to end the meeting, speculation about the reason for the stop of utxo growth is interesting but not a bitcoin core meeting topic
874 2017-07-13T19:58:08  <wumpus> #endmeeting
875 2017-07-13T19:58:08  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Jul 13 19:58:08 2017 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
876 2017-07-13T19:58:08  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2017/bitcoin-core-dev.2017-07-13-19.01.html
877 2017-07-13T19:58:08  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2017/bitcoin-core-dev.2017-07-13-19.01.txt
878 2017-07-13T19:58:08  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2017/bitcoin-core-dev.2017-07-13-19.01.log.html
879 2017-07-13T19:58:49  <rhavar> So anyway, anyone familiar with constraint solving (and minizinc in particular)? https://gist.github.com/RHavar/0710144c713033d42f8f443a99fefbb7
880 2017-07-13T19:59:01  <rhavar> That model works, just give shit results
881 2017-07-13T19:59:12  <sipa> in a previous life, i've used minizinc
882 2017-07-13T19:59:48  <rhavar> Since the ideal solution is blindly obvious, can you can convince minizinc to pick it `constraint count_selected_optional_outputs = 1;`
883 2017-07-13T19:59:56  <rhavar> But it doesn't find it on it's own
884 2017-07-13T20:00:13  <rhavar> But it shows that the ideal solution doesn't violate any constraints (and has a lower cost than the one it picks)
885 2017-07-13T20:00:28  <rhavar> I'm kind of wondering if the problem is just formatted in a stupid way or not
886 2017-07-13T20:01:13  *** V3110C3T has quit IRC
887 2017-07-13T20:01:54  <rhavar> (in general, I can pretty much always out-perform that model by hand. Makes me think something is seriously fundamentally screwed up)
888 2017-07-13T20:01:56  <jtimon> one could also argue that simply usage has been reduced in fear of a possible fork
889 2017-07-13T20:02:21  <rhavar> I got like 10-15 emails yesterday from people freaking out after the bitcoin.org notice lolz ><
890 2017-07-13T20:04:15  <rhavar> (which imo was reckless and alarmist. If they did enough mental gymnastics to convince themselves that bip148 would split the chain, they should have at least waited to be sure that segwit2x isn't going to activate in time)
891 2017-07-13T20:04:17  <jtimon> I guess that further disproves the argument that "people that will support uasf already know about bip148 already know about it and already 'upgraded', waiting for bip149 won't result in more people or businesses on board"
892 2017-07-13T20:04:24  <jtimon> sorry, getting offtopic...
893 2017-07-13T20:04:52  *** V3110C3T has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
894 2017-07-13T20:05:01  <rhavar> For every 1 person who understands the technical details of forks and chain splits etc. there are 1000 who don't
895 2017-07-13T20:05:07  *** chjj has quit IRC
896 2017-07-13T20:05:48  <clarkmoody> rhavar I've done some constrained optimization stuff, but never with minizinc
897 2017-07-13T20:06:28  <clarkmoody> I've found that you can make a constraint solver do anything you like depending on the objective function
898 2017-07-13T20:06:52  <rhavar> If you can see why that model doesn't pick the obvious solution (the one you can force it to), I'd be happy to give you a $100 in bitcoin or something :P
899 2017-07-13T20:07:58  <rhavar> (It's obviously really easy to hack it, so it picks the obvious solution. But i'm more interested to why it sucks in general, like if the problem is phrased badly or something)
900 2017-07-13T20:10:15  *** chjj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
901 2017-07-13T20:12:30  *** Victor_sueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
902 2017-07-13T20:13:15  *** SopaXorzTaker has quit IRC
903 2017-07-13T20:14:06  <clarkmoody> Could you enumerate the combinations and print cost for each, then see where on the scale the solver is choosing? Like is it the worst, or near the best, etc?
904 2017-07-13T20:15:24  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
905 2017-07-13T20:16:02  *** V3110C3T has quit IRC
906 2017-07-13T20:20:15  <rhavar> Well in this simple example, it's the 2nd best solution or something
907 2017-07-13T20:20:33  <rhavar> but considering it's a trivial example that you can do by hand in under a minute -- i think it's pretty embarrassing :P
908 2017-07-13T20:20:45  *** treebeardd has quit IRC
909 2017-07-13T20:21:21  <clarkmoody> I know the feeling :-)
910 2017-07-13T20:21:54  <rhavar> There's also cases it say are not solvable, that are trivial  (pick all the inputs, for instance)
911 2017-07-13T20:22:16  <rhavar> I actually have had some moderate success by splitting the model into two different problems (1 pick coins without change) and 1 pick coins always using change
912 2017-07-13T20:22:19  <rhavar> and then compare which is better
913 2017-07-13T20:22:44  <rhavar> But I feel like there must be something wrong at a more fundamental level if you need to do that
914 2017-07-13T20:27:13  *** tripleslash is now known as [\\\]
915 2017-07-13T20:31:18  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
916 2017-07-13T20:31:38  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
917 2017-07-13T20:32:01  *** Aaronvan_ has quit IRC
918 2017-07-13T20:32:17  <jtimon> can someone close https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10768 ? the author said it but for some reason didn't closed it himself
919 2017-07-13T20:32:38  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
920 2017-07-13T20:32:56  <jtimon> wait, #10714 didn't solved the warning...
921 2017-07-13T20:32:57  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10714 | Avoid printing incorrect block indexing time due to uninitialized variable by practicalswift · Pull Request #10714 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
922 2017-07-13T20:38:58  <jtimon> oh, yes, it does, sorry
923 2017-07-13T20:41:31  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
924 2017-07-13T20:41:50  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
925 2017-07-13T20:42:09  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
926 2017-07-13T20:42:47  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
927 2017-07-13T20:43:14  *** LFiuza has quit IRC
928 2017-07-13T20:47:03  *** ulrich has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
929 2017-07-13T20:47:08  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
930 2017-07-13T20:53:39  *** ulrich has quit IRC
931 2017-07-13T20:55:51  <instagibbs> what could cause "no response from server"? It connects but gets no response?
932 2017-07-13T20:58:00  *** GM_ has quit IRC
933 2017-07-13T21:00:01  *** dermoth has quit IRC
934 2017-07-13T21:00:47  *** dermoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
935 2017-07-13T21:06:39  *** ivan has quit IRC
936 2017-07-13T21:13:02  <instagibbs> oh, likely my -cli not matching bitcoind (testing multiwallet endpoints)
937 2017-07-13T21:16:39  <instagibbs> jonasschnelli, it seems I get "trapped" if I specify a wallet in my conf file, unable to use -cli to stop the node, complains that the call is trying to use a /node/ endpoint call
938 2017-07-13T21:17:04  <instagibbs> so yeah we really need something other than "wallet" for -cli usage
939 2017-07-13T21:17:08  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
940 2017-07-13T21:17:53  *** cheese_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
941 2017-07-13T21:19:48  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
942 2017-07-13T21:21:15  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
943 2017-07-13T21:23:27  *** vicenteH has quit IRC
944 2017-07-13T21:24:16  <jtimon> do we have a list of new rpc calls so far for 0.15 ?
945 2017-07-13T21:25:18  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
946 2017-07-13T21:28:04  *** twistedline has quit IRC
947 2017-07-13T21:29:20  *** Victor_sueca has quit IRC
948 2017-07-13T21:30:30  *** Victor_sueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
949 2017-07-13T21:33:24  *** jamesob has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
950 2017-07-13T21:37:06  *** Dyaheon has quit IRC
951 2017-07-13T21:37:11  *** lucianor_ has quit IRC
952 2017-07-13T21:37:36  *** jamesob has quit IRC
953 2017-07-13T21:39:50  *** Dyaheon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
954 2017-07-13T21:49:52  *** twistedline has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
955 2017-07-13T21:50:32  *** echonaut has quit IRC
956 2017-07-13T21:50:47  *** echonaut has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
957 2017-07-13T22:01:21  *** BashCo has quit IRC
958 2017-07-13T22:02:00  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
959 2017-07-13T22:04:15  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
960 2017-07-13T22:05:29  *** corebob has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
961 2017-07-13T22:06:16  *** dom_king has quit IRC
962 2017-07-13T22:06:42  *** corebob has quit IRC
963 2017-07-13T22:07:27  *** owowo has quit IRC
964 2017-07-13T22:09:09  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
965 2017-07-13T22:10:09  *** cheese_ has quit IRC
966 2017-07-13T22:15:55  *** ProfMac has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
967 2017-07-13T22:16:25  *** goatpig has quit IRC
968 2017-07-13T22:23:01  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
969 2017-07-13T22:28:00  *** corebob has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
970 2017-07-13T22:32:20  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] promag opened pull request #10819: Fix uninitialized atomic variables (master...2017-07-fix-unitialized-atomic) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10819
971 2017-07-13T22:37:19  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
972 2017-07-13T22:41:55  *** Dizzle has quit IRC
973 2017-07-13T22:42:35  *** owowo has quit IRC
974 2017-07-13T22:46:19  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
975 2017-07-13T22:46:19  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
976 2017-07-13T22:52:45  <promag> I got this output: Fee Calculation: Fee:4520 Bytes:226 Tgt:6 (requested 6) Reason:"Fallback fee" Decay 0.00000: Estimation: (-1 - -1) -nan% 0.0/(0.0 0 mem 0.0 out) Fail: (-1 - -1) -nan% 0.0/(0.0 0 mem 0.0 out)
977 2017-07-13T22:53:34  <promag> buggy output right?
978 2017-07-13T23:02:06  *** promag has quit IRC
979 2017-07-13T23:20:33  *** Aaronvan_ has quit IRC
980 2017-07-13T23:22:58  *** coredump_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
981 2017-07-13T23:43:32  *** Dyaheon has quit IRC
982 2017-07-13T23:44:00  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa opened pull request #10820: Use cpuid intrinsics instead of asm code (master...20170717_cpuid) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10820
983 2017-07-13T23:44:27  *** Dyaheon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
984 2017-07-13T23:54:29  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev