1 2017-09-07T00:01:14  <wumpus> getting quite tired too
  2 2017-09-07T00:03:45  <meshcollider> wumpus: re https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10793#discussion_r137361636 did you want me to change it?
  3 2017-09-07T00:04:12  <meshcollider> or was that just a reply to dcousens
  4 2017-09-07T00:04:35  *** esotericnonsense has quit IRC
  5 2017-09-07T00:05:26  <wumpus> meshcollider: I'd prefer that - I think it'd make sense to restrict that PR what it says in the title;  generally changing &vec[i] to vec.data() + i does nothing to avoid UB
  6 2017-09-07T00:05:48  <wumpus> which was the idea behind &var[0] to var.data()
  7 2017-09-07T00:06:39  <sipa> wumpus: &var[0] is inherently invalid for empty vectorz
  8 2017-09-07T00:06:51  <sipa> while var.data() is allowed for empty vectors
  9 2017-09-07T00:07:08  <sipa> you're still not allowed to dereference the result of var.data()
 10 2017-09-07T00:07:25  <sipa> but with &var[0] it's already invalid, whether you use it not
 11 2017-09-07T00:07:52  <wumpus> yes, I know that
 12 2017-09-07T00:08:22  <wumpus> that was my point, &var[0] to .data() makes sense, but e.g. &var[42] to var.data()+42 does not
 13 2017-09-07T00:08:35  <wumpus> which is what meshcollider has extended to scope to in some places in that PR
 14 2017-09-07T00:08:40  <sipa> oh, i see
 15 2017-09-07T00:08:41  <meshcollider> yeah I'll revert that
 16 2017-09-07T00:09:12  <sipa> well, &var[42] is also invalid for a var of length 42 or less
 17 2017-09-07T00:09:31  <sipa> while var.data() + 42 is always valid, as long as you don't use it
 18 2017-09-07T00:10:09  <wumpus> still, it's getting used in all those cases
 19 2017-09-07T00:10:19  <sipa> okay!
 20 2017-09-07T00:10:20  <wumpus> which is UB in any case
 21 2017-09-07T00:10:31  <meshcollider> yeah its usually used with memcpy()'s
 22 2017-09-07T00:13:39  *** esotericnonsense has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2017-09-07T00:16:22  <meshcollider> fixed
 24 2017-09-07T00:16:44  <meshcollider> poor Travis will be having a hard time with all these commits recently lol
 25 2017-09-07T00:17:49  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 26 2017-09-07T00:19:38  <promag> speaking of that, wumpus any idea when you'll check #11006?
 27 2017-09-07T00:20:53  <promag> It can save some travis resources
 28 2017-09-07T00:21:03  *** dcousens has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 29 2017-09-07T00:25:28  <wumpus> I'm really confused about that one
 30 2017-09-07T00:28:28  <wumpus> can't reproduce any problems with it locally, but I'm afraid of bringing back random travis failures. I much prefer it taking somewhat longer to random failures that make people lose trust in the tests
 31 2017-09-07T00:29:09  <wumpus> I'm not sure what the problem was back then and if you can remove that workaround now, what made it go away
 32 2017-09-07T00:30:04  <promag> I would say merge as it get a couple more ACK, revert later if needed
 33 2017-09-07T00:31:26  <promag> I can't figure out if you did that, pass nullptr to timeout
 34 2017-09-07T00:32:03  <wumpus> no, I never did that, because it means that bitcoind will never terminate if there are open rpc connectinos
 35 2017-09-07T00:32:07  <wumpus> AFAIK
 36 2017-09-07T00:34:20  <promag> that is correct, but if the connections are closed then it quits immediately, if not then it will break as it is now
 37 2017-09-07T00:34:37  <wumpus> so the timeout is there to force any existing RPC connections to terminate
 38 2017-09-07T00:35:02  <promag> right, for instance, some dumb tests, whatever
 39 2017-09-07T00:36:01  <wumpus> yes, could be for various reasons, our examples pretty much encourage keeping connections open between commands
 40 2017-09-07T00:36:16  <promag> in the best scenario, there are no active events and the loop can exit right away
 41 2017-09-07T00:36:33  <wumpus> (which is more efficient than opening a new connection for every commmand, but we don't want this to hold up the shutdown process, people will get confused)
 42 2017-09-07T00:36:57  <wumpus> stop means that the process must exit, despite open connections
 43 2017-09-07T00:37:19  <wumpus> yes, I agree ideally it should exit immediately if there are no active eventw
 44 2017-09-07T00:37:29  <wumpus> and in say, 3 seconds if there are active events
 45 2017-09-07T00:37:34  <wumpus> that's why the code is so complicated
 46 2017-09-07T00:39:08  <promag> so, on my side I did test with different libevent versions, run test suite multiple times.. no issue so far
 47 2017-09-07T00:40:02  <wumpus> yes, but did you try keeping connections open to the daemon after sending stop?
 48 2017-09-07T00:40:15  <wumpus> e.g. trying to prevent it from exiting
 49 2017-09-07T00:40:31  <promag> yes, I did this https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11006#issuecomment-321954764
 50 2017-09-07T00:40:46  <wumpus> you've checked that it doesn't quit prematurely, which is great, but only part of the functionality
 51 2017-09-07T00:41:20  <wumpus> what if you change the sleep(3) to sleep(1000)
 52 2017-09-07T00:41:27  <wumpus> does it wait 1000 seconds to actually exit?
 53 2017-09-07T00:41:30  <wumpus> or does it give up after a while
 54 2017-09-07T00:41:50  <promag> 1001sec please
 55 2017-09-07T00:42:13  <wumpus> lol
 56 2017-09-07T00:42:24  <promag> but I guess it will break, because of the current code
 57 2017-09-07T00:42:46  <promag> I mean, it's not graceful quit
 58 2017-09-07T00:43:39  <promag> err, rebuild, removed worktree
 59 2017-09-07T00:50:14  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/645a7ecc0b8d...f65614726de2
 60 2017-09-07T00:50:14  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e91b961 flack: Create dependencies.md, and link dependencies file from README & build docs
 61 2017-09-07T00:50:15  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f656147 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #10779: Create dependencies.md...
 62 2017-09-07T00:50:39  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #10779: Create dependencies.md (master...patch-2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10779
 63 2017-09-07T00:55:23  *** halform has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 64 2017-09-07T00:56:07  <meshcollider> also wumpus, re #11237, do you want me to fix the weird commit split or leave it as-is
 65 2017-09-07T00:59:10  *** halform has quit IRC
 66 2017-09-07T00:59:26  *** halform has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 67 2017-09-07T01:04:21  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 68 2017-09-07T01:07:17  *** halform has quit IRC
 69 2017-09-07T01:12:28  *** promag has quit IRC
 70 2017-09-07T01:12:54  <esotericnonsense> hm. promag: i'm looking at adding tests for the weight field in mempool now. can get it to work for txid2 and txid3 but not txid1. sdaftuar's 'add wtxid to mempool entry output'
 71 2017-09-07T01:13:04  <esotericnonsense> also fails on txid1 if I reuse his test.
 72 2017-09-07T01:13:07  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
 73 2017-09-07T01:16:14  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/f65614726de2...2a56baf395bf
 74 2017-09-07T01:16:14  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ca67ddf esneider: Move the AreInputsStandard documentation next to its implementation
 75 2017-09-07T01:16:15  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2a56baf MarcoFalke: Merge #10682: Trivial: Move the AreInputsStandard documentation next to its implementation...
 76 2017-09-07T01:16:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #10682: Trivial: Move the AreInputsStandard documentation next to its implementation (master...move-doc) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10682
 77 2017-09-07T01:19:02  *** hxz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 78 2017-09-07T01:20:50  <esotericnonsense> i've amended the PR and pointed out the test that fails. my knowledge here is lacking unfortunately.
 79 2017-09-07T01:27:19  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 80 2017-09-07T01:28:19  *** goatpig has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 81 2017-09-07T01:41:05  *** dcousens has quit IRC
 82 2017-09-07T01:41:35  *** Dyaheon has quit IRC
 83 2017-09-07T01:43:01  *** Dyaheon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 84 2017-09-07T01:54:26  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 85 2017-09-07T01:58:51  *** promag has quit IRC
 86 2017-09-07T02:05:00  *** Ruben has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 87 2017-09-07T02:11:16  *** DrOlmer has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 88 2017-09-07T02:15:09  *** dabura667 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 89 2017-09-07T02:17:11  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 90 2017-09-07T02:18:09  *** dabura667 has quit IRC
 91 2017-09-07T02:22:29  *** promag has quit IRC
 92 2017-09-07T02:28:17  *** cluelessperson has quit IRC
 93 2017-09-07T02:30:28  *** Orion3k has quit IRC
 94 2017-09-07T02:33:51  *** cluelessperson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 95 2017-09-07T02:40:29  *** Orion3k has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 96 2017-09-07T02:46:27  *** Orion3k has quit IRC
 97 2017-09-07T02:47:21  *** Orion3k has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 98 2017-09-07T02:54:14  <meshcollider> esotericnonsense: isn't it failing because txid1 has no witness
 99 2017-09-07T02:58:31  <meshcollider> hmm idk
100 2017-09-07T02:59:41  <esotericnonsense> meshcollider: it might be that i'm getting lost in the python framework's definitions
101 2017-09-07T02:59:41  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
102 2017-09-07T03:00:37  *** alxlu has quit IRC
103 2017-09-07T03:02:03  <esotericnonsense> from BIP141 i interpret 'base tx size' as tx.serialize() (because it is equivalent to tx.serialize_without_witness()), and tx.serialize_with_witness() as being total transaction size BIP141
104 2017-09-07T03:03:49  <meshcollider> yeah that sounds right
105 2017-09-07T03:04:08  *** promag has quit IRC
106 2017-09-07T03:04:21  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
107 2017-09-07T03:05:12  <esotericnonsense> 'size' in the mempool rpc is virtual tx size (weight/4)
108 2017-09-07T03:06:21  <esotericnonsense> argh. doh. this makes the entire thing pointless. brain fart.
109 2017-09-07T03:07:18  <meshcollider> hmm not quite, virtual size is rounded up to the nearest integer so they're not entirely the same
110 2017-09-07T03:07:29  <esotericnonsense> ah yes that's true.
111 2017-09-07T03:09:49  <sipa> it's (3*size_without_witness + size + 3)/4
112 2017-09-07T03:11:22  <esotericnonsense> size == math.ceil(weight/4) checks out for all three tx in segwit.py. it's just this one for which tx.serialize()*3 + tx.serialize_with_witness() != weight.
113 2017-09-07T03:11:32  <esotericnonsense> hm.
114 2017-09-07T03:11:51  <meshcollider> sipa: where does the extra +3 come from?
115 2017-09-07T03:12:16  <esotericnonsense> meshcollider: it just accomplishes the ceiling function
116 2017-09-07T03:13:17  <esotericnonsense> e.g. (3*nowitness + size + 3)/4 == ceil((3*nowitness+size)/4)
117 2017-09-07T03:13:30  <esotericnonsense> (where the former uses integer division)
118 2017-09-07T03:15:58  <sipa> meshcollider: to round up
119 2017-09-07T03:16:06  <sipa> esotericnonsense: right
120 2017-09-07T03:16:24  <meshcollider> ok yeah so it relies on integer division, that's where I was confused
121 2017-09-07T03:16:40  <meshcollider> Was thinking there might be some reason it was always exactly an integer lol
122 2017-09-07T03:16:45  <esotericnonsense> the problem is that i misinterpreted the original rpc call, so knowing size and weight is not useful for my particular case, which means that my PR is probably pointless :)
123 2017-09-07T03:16:57  <esotericnonsense> (the intention was to know 'is this a segwit tx')
124 2017-09-07T03:17:18  <meshcollider> also kinda relevant is issue #11218, sipa suggested renaming size to vsize
125 2017-09-07T03:18:20  <esotericnonsense> the other PR accomplishes what I need, (just check wtxid against txid)
126 2017-09-07T03:20:00  <esotericnonsense> if it were base size and not vsize, then my check of bsize*4 != weight would work
127 2017-09-07T03:29:30  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
128 2017-09-07T03:34:25  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
129 2017-09-07T03:38:37  *** PRab has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
130 2017-09-07T03:41:30  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
131 2017-09-07T03:45:49  *** promag has quit IRC
132 2017-09-07T04:03:19  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2017-09-07T04:12:44  *** dabura667 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
134 2017-09-07T04:12:58  *** lynx has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
135 2017-09-07T04:13:21  *** lynx is now known as Guest59971
136 2017-09-07T04:14:24  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
137 2017-09-07T04:18:28  *** Deacydal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2017-09-07T04:18:32  *** Cheeseo has quit IRC
139 2017-09-07T04:18:40  *** Cheeseo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
140 2017-09-07T04:19:02  *** d9b4bef9 has quit IRC
141 2017-09-07T04:19:35  *** Guest59971 has quit IRC
142 2017-09-07T04:19:35  *** PRab_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
143 2017-09-07T04:19:44  *** RubenSomsen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
144 2017-09-07T04:19:50  *** praxeology1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
145 2017-09-07T04:19:54  *** esotericnonsense has quit IRC
146 2017-09-07T04:19:54  *** Evel-Knievel has quit IRC
147 2017-09-07T04:19:55  *** da2ce7 has quit IRC
148 2017-09-07T04:20:16  *** esotericnonsense has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
149 2017-09-07T04:20:16  *** Gunnie has quit IRC
150 2017-09-07T04:20:16  *** kayamm has quit IRC
151 2017-09-07T04:20:24  *** Evel-Knievel has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
152 2017-09-07T04:20:34  *** LeMiner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
153 2017-09-07T04:20:47  *** adiabat has quit IRC
154 2017-09-07T04:20:48  *** molz has quit IRC
155 2017-09-07T04:20:48  *** jonasschnelli has quit IRC
156 2017-09-07T04:20:49  *** Lightsword has quit IRC
157 2017-09-07T04:21:20  *** LeMiner2 has quit IRC
158 2017-09-07T04:21:20  *** praxeology has quit IRC
159 2017-09-07T04:21:21  *** LeMiner is now known as LeMiner2
160 2017-09-07T04:21:41  *** spinza has quit IRC
161 2017-09-07T04:21:52  *** PRab has quit IRC
162 2017-09-07T04:21:52  *** Ruben has quit IRC
163 2017-09-07T04:21:52  *** Deacyde has quit IRC
164 2017-09-07T04:21:54  *** PRab_ is now known as PRab
165 2017-09-07T04:22:07  *** d9b4bef9 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
166 2017-09-07T04:22:17  *** Lightsword has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
167 2017-09-07T04:22:20  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
168 2017-09-07T04:23:13  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
169 2017-09-07T04:24:22  *** adiabat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
170 2017-09-07T04:24:22  *** jonasschnelli has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
171 2017-09-07T04:24:40  *** molz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
172 2017-09-07T04:25:03  *** da2ce7 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
173 2017-09-07T04:25:18  *** kayamm has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
174 2017-09-07T04:25:18  *** kayamm has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
175 2017-09-07T04:27:13  *** adam3us has quit IRC
176 2017-09-07T04:27:21  *** esotericnonsens_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
177 2017-09-07T04:27:28  *** promag has quit IRC
178 2017-09-07T04:27:34  *** rjak has quit IRC
179 2017-09-07T04:27:54  *** gwillen has quit IRC
180 2017-09-07T04:28:16  *** ryan-c has quit IRC
181 2017-09-07T04:29:21  *** esotericnonsense has quit IRC
182 2017-09-07T04:29:23  *** esotericnonsens_ is now known as esotericnonsense
183 2017-09-07T04:29:32  *** gwillen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
184 2017-09-07T04:29:45  *** adam3us has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
185 2017-09-07T04:30:24  <jtimon> jnewbery: does BitcoinTestFramework.add_nodes() need to get num_nodes as param, isn't that internal now?
186 2017-09-07T04:31:42  <jtimon> never mind, let me read more...
187 2017-09-07T04:32:50  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
188 2017-09-07T04:39:40  *** rjak has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
189 2017-09-07T04:44:21  *** ryan-c has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
190 2017-09-07T04:57:37  *** go1111111 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
191 2017-09-07T05:02:21  *** DrOlmer has quit IRC
192 2017-09-07T05:03:27  *** DrOlmer has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
193 2017-09-07T05:04:45  *** zmin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
194 2017-09-07T05:05:01  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
195 2017-09-07T05:05:10  <meshcollider> can someone with travis powers restart the failed one here, should be unrelated: https://travis-ci.org/bitcoin/bitcoin/jobs/272710677
196 2017-09-07T05:07:08  <meshcollider> can only members with write access restart travis? Seems like that should be a weaker permission, but not really sure how githubs permission model works
197 2017-09-07T05:09:22  *** promag has quit IRC
198 2017-09-07T05:10:08  *** zmin has quit IRC
199 2017-09-07T05:10:51  *** zmin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
200 2017-09-07T05:13:17  *** zmin has quit IRC
201 2017-09-07T05:13:43  *** zmin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
202 2017-09-07T05:15:08  <kallewoof> meshcollider: restarted
203 2017-09-07T05:29:41  *** Gunnie has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
204 2017-09-07T05:38:05  *** RubenSomsen has quit IRC
205 2017-09-07T05:39:17  *** RubenSomsen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
206 2017-09-07T05:46:58  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
207 2017-09-07T05:51:20  *** zmin has quit IRC
208 2017-09-07T05:51:35  *** promag has quit IRC
209 2017-09-07T06:00:18  *** RubenSomsen has quit IRC
210 2017-09-07T06:28:29  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
211 2017-09-07T06:32:46  *** promag has quit IRC
212 2017-09-07T06:53:52  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
213 2017-09-07T06:54:03  *** BashCo has quit IRC
214 2017-09-07T06:54:30  *** promag has quit IRC
215 2017-09-07T07:00:15  *** Gunnie has quit IRC
216 2017-09-07T07:06:33  <meshcollider> thanks :)
217 2017-09-07T07:10:14  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
218 2017-09-07T07:11:41  *** jtimon has quit IRC
219 2017-09-07T07:14:56  *** promag has quit IRC
220 2017-09-07T07:18:07  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
221 2017-09-07T07:32:02  *** d9b4bef9 has quit IRC
222 2017-09-07T07:33:08  *** d9b4bef9 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
223 2017-09-07T07:41:05  *** Orion3k has quit IRC
224 2017-09-07T07:42:57  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
225 2017-09-07T07:46:37  *** timothy has quit IRC
226 2017-09-07T07:56:01  <meshcollider> So no IRC meeting this week right?
227 2017-09-07T07:58:00  *** Gunnie has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
228 2017-09-07T08:18:33  *** Orion3k has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
229 2017-09-07T08:22:05  *** Gunnie has quit IRC
230 2017-09-07T08:31:13  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
231 2017-09-07T08:31:45  *** afk11 has quit IRC
232 2017-09-07T08:32:05  *** afk11 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
233 2017-09-07T08:33:16  *** esotericnonsense has quit IRC
234 2017-09-07T08:35:35  *** promag has quit IRC
235 2017-09-07T08:38:17  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
236 2017-09-07T08:38:57  *** esotericnonsense has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
237 2017-09-07T08:43:44  *** esotericnonsens_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
238 2017-09-07T08:45:45  *** esotericnonsense has quit IRC
239 2017-09-07T08:45:47  *** esotericnonsens_ is now known as esotericnonsense
240 2017-09-07T08:56:07  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
241 2017-09-07T08:56:42  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
242 2017-09-07T09:00:54  *** praxeology1 has left #bitcoin-core-dev
243 2017-09-07T09:02:07  *** hxz has quit IRC
244 2017-09-07T09:02:31  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
245 2017-09-07T09:08:11  *** RubenSomsen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
246 2017-09-07T09:11:35  *** promag has quit IRC
247 2017-09-07T09:13:32  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
248 2017-09-07T09:31:26  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
249 2017-09-07T09:34:01  *** belcher has quit IRC
250 2017-09-07T09:55:01  *** Gunnie has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
251 2017-09-07T10:09:52  *** promag has quit IRC
252 2017-09-07T10:11:51  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
253 2017-09-07T10:23:30  *** promag has quit IRC
254 2017-09-07T10:24:36  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
255 2017-09-07T10:37:59  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
256 2017-09-07T10:38:32  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
257 2017-09-07T10:49:13  *** promag has quit IRC
258 2017-09-07T10:51:25  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
259 2017-09-07T11:00:12  *** promag has quit IRC
260 2017-09-07T11:05:26  *** tiagotrs has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
261 2017-09-07T11:10:26  *** dabura667 has quit IRC
262 2017-09-07T11:24:40  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
263 2017-09-07T11:24:42  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
264 2017-09-07T11:33:04  *** hxz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
265 2017-09-07T11:34:06  <meshcollider> is this intended behavior? https://i.imgur.com/juKAf1O.png the credit shows the full 7 BTC which was received by the wallet, but it was received on 2 separate addresses in the same transaction (3 and 4 BTC respectively), because from looking at that transaction details window it looks like the full 7 BTC was received on just that one address
266 2017-09-07T11:35:49  <meshcollider> heh I forgot, everyones in SF so no one will be online at 4:30am sf time
267 2017-09-07T11:37:49  <meshcollider> but I have a feeling this might be what the change to transactiondesc.cpp in #7101 was trying to fix
268 2017-09-07T11:46:19  <esotericnonsense> meshcollider: this is feeling oddly familiar, i think i encountered this years ago when splitting coins
269 2017-09-07T11:52:02  *** d9b4bef9 has quit IRC
270 2017-09-07T11:53:08  *** d9b4bef9 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
271 2017-09-07T11:59:47  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
272 2017-09-07T12:01:03  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
273 2017-09-07T12:10:10  <esotericnonsense> meshcollider: i just tried to test this but forgot that there's special behaviour if you send to your own wallet, doh
274 2017-09-07T12:11:16  <meshcollider> I just ran 2 regtest nodes on the same machine to do this
275 2017-09-07T12:12:00  <meshcollider> just run one with -port=whatever and then addnode=127.0.0.1:whatever in the other nodes config
276 2017-09-07T12:13:57  <esotericnonsense> crafted another one by using -wallet.
277 2017-09-07T12:14:34  <esotericnonsense> this tx, with 4 outputs, 3 to 'wallet2' and 1 to change in 'wallet1', is showing as three seperate entries/rows in the 'wallet2' node.
278 2017-09-07T12:15:14  <meshcollider> yep but if you go into the full details of each row, do they all just give the total, not the individual received by that address?
279 2017-09-07T12:15:43  <esotericnonsense> ah yes.
280 2017-09-07T12:16:12  <esotericnonsense> it's a bit odd in any case. on the 'sending wallet' it apportions the fee arbitrarily to one output.
281 2017-09-07T12:17:56  <meshcollider> indeed
282 2017-09-07T12:18:08  <meshcollider> seems like lots of little bugs are mixed up in this
283 2017-09-07T12:18:17  <esotericnonsense> receiving end https://i.imgur.com/w4zF6FL.png https://i.imgur.com/SjAAd4x.png https://live.blockcypher.com/btc-testnet/tx/a739c64487f122f8b41644d2f703811167e8613ef616d17346a4570d72f20698/
284 2017-09-07T12:19:00  <esotericnonsense> it's difficult for me to reason about what you even want it to show really :P
285 2017-09-07T12:21:05  <meshcollider> Yeah I guess the fee being attributed to a random output kinda makes sense right, its gotta be shown somewhere and you wouldn't want to make another whole row for it in the table
286 2017-09-07T12:22:44  <meshcollider> its just the full details page, if you open it for any row from the same transaction it should show all inputs from that same transaction right, not just the one. Then it would make sense to have a total on there
287 2017-09-07T12:23:29  <meshcollider> in a similar way to how its shown on the sending node
288 2017-09-07T12:24:45  *** SopaXorzTaker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
289 2017-09-07T12:25:58  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
290 2017-09-07T12:26:04  <meshcollider> like, this makes sense for sending https://i.imgur.com/Oz5X45l.png but this doesn't make sense to me for receiving https://i.imgur.com/H5wHdmJ.png
291 2017-09-07T12:27:13  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift opened pull request #11264: [doc] Fix broken Markdown table in dependencies.md (master...dependencies-capitalization) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11264
292 2017-09-07T12:37:14  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
293 2017-09-07T12:41:37  *** promag has quit IRC
294 2017-09-07T13:02:56  *** DrOlmer has quit IRC
295 2017-09-07T13:03:11  *** DrOlmer has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
296 2017-09-07T13:10:24  *** tiagotrs has quit IRC
297 2017-09-07T13:13:15  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
298 2017-09-07T13:17:00  *** tiagotrs has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
299 2017-09-07T13:57:50  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
300 2017-09-07T14:18:52  *** btcdrak has quit IRC
301 2017-09-07T14:40:34  *** tiagotrs has quit IRC
302 2017-09-07T14:51:14  *** Zenton has quit IRC
303 2017-09-07T14:51:21  *** Zenton has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
304 2017-09-07T14:53:59  *** BashCo has quit IRC
305 2017-09-07T14:54:30  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
306 2017-09-07T14:54:34  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
307 2017-09-07T14:54:43  *** Zenton is now known as zenton
308 2017-09-07T14:55:37  *** Alina-malina has quit IRC
309 2017-09-07T14:59:10  *** BashCo has quit IRC
310 2017-09-07T15:13:36  *** RubenSomsen has quit IRC
311 2017-09-07T15:23:41  *** hxz has quit IRC
312 2017-09-07T15:25:58  *** hxz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
313 2017-09-07T15:33:29  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
314 2017-09-07T15:40:28  *** promag has quit IRC
315 2017-09-07T15:43:28  *** hxz has quit IRC
316 2017-09-07T15:44:26  *** jonasschnelli has quit IRC
317 2017-09-07T15:44:26  *** jonasschnelli has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
318 2017-09-07T15:58:42  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #10731: Escape rather than remove any printable characters in UAs (master...log_more_uacomment) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10731
319 2017-09-07T16:00:02  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #10748: [config] Help text cleanup (master...helptextcleanup) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10748
320 2017-09-07T16:01:18  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
321 2017-09-07T16:01:48  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/2a56baf395bf...9c8f3655cc68
322 2017-09-07T16:01:48  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d2be7b2 James Evans: Typo in optionsdialog.ui...
323 2017-09-07T16:01:49  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9c8f365 Jonas Schnelli: Merge #10911: [qt] Fix typo and access key in optionsdialog.ui...
324 2017-09-07T16:02:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli closed pull request #10911: [qt] Fix typo and access key in optionsdialog.ui (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10911
325 2017-09-07T16:04:28  <MarcoFalke> wumpus: Mind to add the git log to the release notes?
326 2017-09-07T16:04:37  <MarcoFalke> I'd like to take a look before tagging final
327 2017-09-07T16:05:55  *** promag has quit IRC
328 2017-09-07T16:06:56  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
329 2017-09-07T16:20:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj opened pull request #11267: rpc: update cli for estimatefee argument rename (master...2017_09_renamed_estimatefee_arg) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11267
330 2017-09-07T16:20:47  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: ah shit, still need to do that, good point. Not sure I have all the tooling here.
331 2017-09-07T16:21:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/9c8f3655cc68...ea729d55b4db
332 2017-09-07T16:21:23  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ee4d149 Matt Corallo: Drop upgrade-cancel callback registration for a generic "resumeable"...
333 2017-09-07T16:21:24  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ea729d5 Jonas Schnelli: Merge #10770: Drop upgrade-cancel callback registration for a generic "cancelable"...
334 2017-09-07T16:21:48  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli closed pull request #10770: Drop upgrade-cancel callback registration for a generic "cancelable" (master...2017-07-upgrade-cancel-nits) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10770
335 2017-09-07T16:23:28  *** shesek has quit IRC
336 2017-09-07T16:24:27  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
337 2017-09-07T16:26:01  *** d9b4bef9 has quit IRC
338 2017-09-07T16:27:08  *** d9b4bef9 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
339 2017-09-07T16:27:10  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
340 2017-09-07T16:27:22  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
341 2017-09-07T16:30:19  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
342 2017-09-07T16:36:38  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
343 2017-09-07T16:39:34  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
344 2017-09-07T16:49:24  *** LeMiner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
345 2017-09-07T16:51:44  *** LeMiner2 has quit IRC
346 2017-09-07T16:51:44  *** LeMiner is now known as LeMiner2
347 2017-09-07T16:52:13  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke reopened pull request #10748: [config] Help text cleanup (master...helptextcleanup) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10748
348 2017-09-07T16:56:22  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
349 2017-09-07T16:58:04  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
350 2017-09-07T16:58:39  *** timothy has quit IRC
351 2017-09-07T16:59:09  *** abpa has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
352 2017-09-07T17:01:34  *** blznblzn2 has quit IRC
353 2017-09-07T17:02:49  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/ea729d55b4db...a3624ddb1a3b
354 2017-09-07T17:02:49  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9b348ff Dan Raviv: Fix memory leaks in qt/guiutil.cpp...
355 2017-09-07T17:02:50  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a3624dd Jonas Schnelli: Merge #11156: Fix memory leaks in qt/guiutil.cpp...
356 2017-09-07T17:02:56  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
357 2017-09-07T17:03:02  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
358 2017-09-07T17:03:22  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli closed pull request #11156: Fix memory leaks in qt/guiutil.cpp (master...fix/qt-guiutil-memory-leaks) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11156
359 2017-09-07T17:05:18  *** blznblzn2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
360 2017-09-07T17:07:30  *** promag has quit IRC
361 2017-09-07T17:16:29  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli opened pull request #11268: [macOS] remove Growl support, remove unused code (master...2017/09/rm_growl) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11268
362 2017-09-07T17:21:42  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
363 2017-09-07T17:21:58  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
364 2017-09-07T17:34:10  *** Murch has quit IRC
365 2017-09-07T17:37:21  *** promag has quit IRC
366 2017-09-07T17:38:10  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
367 2017-09-07T17:39:48  *** Aaronvan_ has quit IRC
368 2017-09-07T17:42:23  *** RubenSomsen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
369 2017-09-07T17:45:37  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
370 2017-09-07T17:45:37  *** owowo has quit IRC
371 2017-09-07T17:49:34  <MarcoFalke> cfields: Our travis builds are still broken since yesterday (they bumped the trusty image)
372 2017-09-07T17:49:40  <MarcoFalke> I have no idea what is going on
373 2017-09-07T17:49:44  <MarcoFalke> Mind to take a look?
374 2017-09-07T17:49:46  <MarcoFalke> https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-ci/issues/8315#issuecomment-327537437
375 2017-09-07T17:50:21  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
376 2017-09-07T17:50:37  <MarcoFalke> We could reroll to the deprecated image, maybe
377 2017-09-07T17:51:45  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
378 2017-09-07T17:58:02  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
379 2017-09-07T17:59:32  *** nelruk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
380 2017-09-07T18:01:35  *** Alina-malina has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
381 2017-09-07T18:02:16  *** promag has quit IRC
382 2017-09-07T18:02:54  *** skoko961 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
383 2017-09-07T18:05:41  *** Alina-malina has quit IRC
384 2017-09-07T18:05:41  *** Alina-malina has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
385 2017-09-07T18:06:11  *** skoko961 has quit IRC
386 2017-09-07T18:06:12  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
387 2017-09-07T18:08:32  *** RubenSomsen has quit IRC
388 2017-09-07T18:09:01  *** RubenSomsen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
389 2017-09-07T18:10:40  *** owowo has quit IRC
390 2017-09-07T18:12:26  *** promag has quit IRC
391 2017-09-07T18:12:47  *** SopaXorzTaker has quit IRC
392 2017-09-07T18:15:47  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
393 2017-09-07T18:17:04  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] donaloconnor opened pull request #11269: [Trivial Fix] CTxMemPoolEntry::UpdateAncestorState: modifySiagOps param type (master...fix_params_branch) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11269
394 2017-09-07T18:20:04  <wumpus> uh oh, the travis upgrade thing happened?
395 2017-09-07T18:20:23  <wumpus> travisgeddon
396 2017-09-07T18:21:45  <MarcoFalke> Yeah, looks like other projects are switichg back to the "deprecated" image
397 2017-09-07T18:22:21  <MarcoFalke> If someone feels like creating a pr: Add `group: deprecated-2017Q3` to .travis.yml
398 2017-09-07T18:29:19  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
399 2017-09-07T18:33:08  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
400 2017-09-07T18:34:04  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
401 2017-09-07T18:37:16  *** promag has quit IRC
402 2017-09-07T18:47:17  <kanzure> for this meeting i will be typing everyone's messages. thanks.
403 2017-09-07T18:52:48  <aj> kanzure: always wanted to be a relay bot when you grew up?
404 2017-09-07T18:55:20  <wumpus> MarcoFalke etc: draft PR list for 0.15.0 is here https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/Pulls-listing-for-0.15.0-(temporary)
405 2017-09-07T18:55:52  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
406 2017-09-07T18:56:06  <sipa> that's a long list!
407 2017-09-07T18:56:41  <wumpus> yes, it's scary :)
408 2017-09-07T18:57:07  <wumpus> and that's already with most trivials and refactors removed
409 2017-09-07T18:57:10  <sipa> is it usually that long for a major release?
410 2017-09-07T18:57:53  <wumpus> a new record every release
411 2017-09-07T18:58:32  <wumpus> unless I screwed something up while generating it and this is the list since 0.3.x instead ;)
412 2017-09-07T18:58:44  <sipa> ha
413 2017-09-07T19:00:07  <sipa> MEETING
414 2017-09-07T19:00:27  <wumpus> lol
415 2017-09-07T19:01:01  <achow101> meeting
416 2017-09-07T19:01:03  <sdaftuar> hi
417 2017-09-07T19:01:03  <achow101> ?
418 2017-09-07T19:01:11  <jnewbery> hi
419 2017-09-07T19:01:23  <meshcollider> Hello :)
420 2017-09-07T19:01:33  *** fpgaminer has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
421 2017-09-07T19:01:38  <gmaxwell> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr btcdrak sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101
422 2017-09-07T19:01:52  <instagibbs> hi
423 2017-09-07T19:01:54  <BlueMatt> no?
424 2017-09-07T19:01:59  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj opened pull request #11270: travis: Use deprecated trusty image (master...2017_09_travis_deprecated_image) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11270
425 2017-09-07T19:02:00  <MarcoFalke> wha?
426 2017-09-07T19:02:01  <CodeShark> are we doing this meeting? lol
427 2017-09-07T19:02:08  <MarcoFalke> topics ... ?
428 2017-09-07T19:02:11  <cfields> hi
429 2017-09-07T19:02:14  <BlueMatt> we already said we were not doing meeting this week
430 2017-09-07T19:02:16  <BlueMatt> iirc
431 2017-09-07T19:02:18  * sipa suggests: lunch
432 2017-09-07T19:02:23  <BlueMatt> ^^^
433 2017-09-07T19:02:25  <wumpus> lol did you ac tually start the meeting?
434 2017-09-07T19:02:36  <achow101> no one started it yet
435 2017-09-07T19:02:56  <cdecker> The one time I could participate...
436 2017-09-07T19:03:16  <jonasschnelli> hi
437 2017-09-07T19:03:42  <achow101> how about we meet irl ad kanzure transcribes to irc
438 2017-09-07T19:03:51  <achow101> s/ad/and/
439 2017-09-07T19:04:10  <gmaxwell> We can tell sdaftuar all the great work we came up with for him to handle.
440 2017-09-07T19:04:33  <BlueMatt> yea, sdaftuar is building segwit-wallet, right?
441 2017-09-07T19:04:56  <BlueMatt> and sipa is being force-nominated wallet maintainer,  so gets to review all of it :p
442 2017-09-07T19:05:05  <luke-jr> I thought we would meet IRL, and kanzure transcribe it all to IRC
443 2017-09-07T19:05:17  * sdaftuar hides
444 2017-09-07T19:05:32  <meshcollider> lol
445 2017-09-07T19:06:00  <kanzure> hi.
446 2017-09-07T19:06:18  <kanzure> yeah i'm fine wit hthat
447 2017-09-07T19:06:34  <sdaftuar> if you can predict the times i'll chime in and type that up as well that'd be great k thanks
448 2017-09-07T19:06:45  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/a3624ddb1a3b...e7f125562fbb
449 2017-09-07T19:06:45  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3b69a08 MeshCollider: Fix division by zero in time remaining
450 2017-09-07T19:06:46  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c8d38ab MeshCollider: Refactor tipUpdate as per style guide
451 2017-09-07T19:06:46  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e7f1255 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #11237: qt: Fixing division by zero in time remaining...
452 2017-09-07T19:07:22  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #11237: qt: Fixing division by zero in time remaining (master...201709_fix_estimated_time) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11237
453 2017-09-07T19:08:37  <jtimon> perhaps a short summary of how are things going in the phisical meeting instead of the IRC meeting?
454 2017-09-07T19:08:57  <jtimon> or kanzure's option sounds good too
455 2017-09-07T19:09:37  <kanzure> there's various text from last few days, although not as much as zurich
456 2017-09-07T19:09:42  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/e7f125562fbb...2f0d3e604aa9
457 2017-09-07T19:09:42  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 061297f jjz: Ensure that data types are consistent...
458 2017-09-07T19:09:43  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2f0d3e6 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #11232: Ensure that data types are consistent...
459 2017-09-07T19:09:53  <meshcollider> wumpus: #11265 can be closed now that #11237 was merged, GitHub must not understand a comma separated list of issues being fixed
460 2017-09-07T19:10:22  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #11232: Ensure that data types are consistent (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11232
461 2017-09-07T19:10:25  *** goatpig has quit IRC
462 2017-09-07T19:11:49  <instagibbs> kanzure, are the digests published already
463 2017-09-07T19:11:59  <wumpus> meshcollider: thanks for letting me know
464 2017-09-07T19:12:53  <kanzure> there's one or two vulnerabilities that i shouldn't publish
465 2017-09-07T19:15:15  <instagibbs> meshcollider, sdaftuar and anyone else not physically present, please bring up topics of choice if you have them.
466 2017-09-07T19:17:50  <jtimon> so what topics have you been talking about there?
467 2017-09-07T19:18:22  <jtimon> I assume 0.15.1 has bee na big topic
468 2017-09-07T19:18:23  <kanzure> signature aggregation
469 2017-09-07T19:18:30  <kanzure> coin selection
470 2017-09-07T19:19:35  <wumpus> 0.15.1 (segwit wallet) was a big topic, yes
471 2017-09-07T19:19:39  <kanzure> rescans
472 2017-09-07T19:21:01  <gmaxwell> I think we know what we're doing for segwit wallet.
473 2017-09-07T19:21:25  <gmaxwell> after discussion pieter proposed a quick path for it that basically does an addwitness on every address in the wallet.
474 2017-09-07T19:21:41  <gmaxwell> Which we concluded didn't create any more debt than we already have, since people aleady can do that.
475 2017-09-07T19:21:59  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
476 2017-09-07T19:22:27  <gmaxwell> (We also spent a while talking about ways that things could be handled in the future and have good ideas there too)
477 2017-09-07T19:23:35  *** fpgaminer has left #bitcoin-core-dev
478 2017-09-07T19:24:06  <meshcollider> gmaxwell: would this happen if the user decides to do a full wallet upgrade to segwit?
479 2017-09-07T19:24:21  <meshcollider> No mix between segwit and non-segwit right?
480 2017-09-07T19:24:27  <kanzure> i wanted to cause more discussion about rolling utxo hashes but one of the necessary people seems to be absent today
481 2017-09-07T19:24:52  <gmaxwell> meshcollider: we must support mixed wallets already because people already have them.
482 2017-09-07T19:25:22  <kanzure> also jonasschnelli gave a talk on bip150 and bip151 the other day http://diyhpl.us/wiki/transcripts/sf-bitcoin-meetup/2017-09-04-jonas-schenlli-bip150-bip151/
483 2017-09-07T19:25:30  <wumpus> mixed wallets are pretty much a neccesity
484 2017-09-07T19:25:30  <gmaxwell> we won't be supporting 'segwit only' in 0.15.1 at least just because it's a bigger change. (rather than the couple line core change needed to just auto-addwitness to everything)
485 2017-09-07T19:25:40  <gmaxwell> kanzure: that talk will have a video online in a bit.
486 2017-09-07T19:25:57  <meshcollider> addwitness newaddresses or existing addresses too?
487 2017-09-07T19:26:04  <gmaxwell> But perhaps in the future we will have wallets that are segwit only except for imported keys.
488 2017-09-07T19:26:05  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
489 2017-09-07T19:26:12  <gmaxwell> meshcollider: all due to backup recovery.
490 2017-09-07T19:26:37  <michagogo> fakeping :-(
491 2017-09-07T19:26:43  <gmaxwell> if you only do 'new' then you need a way of storing where you started doing that.
492 2017-09-07T19:27:58  <meshcollider> Right, makes sense yep 👍
493 2017-09-07T19:29:58  <MarcoFalke> cfields: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10753
494 2017-09-07T19:30:38  <kanzure> luke-jr wanted to talk about #7533 and #10391
495 2017-09-07T19:32:04  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
496 2017-09-07T19:32:08  <MarcoFalke> cfields: You can find a MWE here: https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-ci/issues/8315#issuecomment-327537437
497 2017-09-07T19:32:30  <MarcoFalke> (scroll up a bit)
498 2017-09-07T19:32:40  <MarcoFalke> for the yaml
499 2017-09-07T19:33:48  <jtimon> any talks about creating a testnet for developing and testing signature aggregation? (shameless escuse to review beg https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8994 )
500 2017-09-07T19:34:17  <kanzure> signature aggregation will land in libsecp256k1 at some point
501 2017-09-07T19:35:33  <jtimon> yeah, still too early to create a testnet, on the bright side I'm reading a lot of test code every time I rebase that...
502 2017-09-07T19:35:59  *** promag has quit IRC
503 2017-09-07T19:38:24  *** cbits has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
504 2017-09-07T19:38:30  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
505 2017-09-07T19:38:33  *** blogibub has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
506 2017-09-07T19:40:33  <meshcollider> I'll review that a bit later today jtimon, I like the sound of it
507 2017-09-07T19:40:45  <meshcollider> Any new bugs reported in rc3?
508 2017-09-07T19:40:46  <jtimon> meshcollider: awesome!
509 2017-09-07T19:41:55  <meshcollider> This segfault issue with Qt keeps coming up, #11262 yesterday is the third issue I've seen
510 2017-09-07T19:44:36  <jonasschnelli> Yes. The segfault things is ugly... it seems to happen for self-compiled Bitcoin-Qts only. So it could be a Qt5.5 bug. Couldn't track it down so far
511 2017-09-07T19:45:25  <meshcollider> Dooglus used 5.7.1 here https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/9883#issuecomment-325217617
512 2017-09-07T19:49:12  <jonasschnelli> hmm... good point.
513 2017-09-07T19:50:38  <wumpus> yes the crashes in the sorting of the transaction list are vaguely worrying
514 2017-09-07T19:51:00  <wumpus> seems some rare race condition
515 2017-09-07T19:55:04  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
516 2017-09-07T19:57:30  *** PaulCapestany has quit IRC
517 2017-09-07T19:59:47  *** promag has quit IRC
518 2017-09-07T20:00:31  <jtimon> end meeting?
519 2017-09-07T20:01:06  <kanzure> it's endless
520 2017-09-07T20:01:11  <jtimon> thanks for the summary, looking forward to see the talks and transcripts
521 2017-09-07T20:01:28  <kanzure> there's not as much text, but there's some.
522 2017-09-07T20:03:04  <meshcollider> Are there any PRs for things like segwit wallet ready for review yet, are they incoming next few days or what
523 2017-09-07T20:04:11  <MarcoFalke> cfields: With group edge `pyenv versions` is empty: https://travis-ci.org/MarcoFalke/bitcoin/jobs/273047509/config
524 2017-09-07T20:05:05  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/2f0d3e604aa9...e6ab88a4524a
525 2017-09-07T20:05:06  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5cb3da0 Marko Bencun: keystore GetKeys(): return result instead of writing to reference...
526 2017-09-07T20:05:07  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fe09b01 Marko Bencun: add missing lock to crypter GetKeys()...
527 2017-09-07T20:05:07  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e6ab88a Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #10916: add missing lock to crypter GetKeys()...
528 2017-09-07T20:05:34  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #10916: add missing lock to crypter GetKeys() (master...GetKeys) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10916
529 2017-09-07T20:06:02  <wumpus> meshcollider: some from https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+milestone%3A0.15.1
530 2017-09-07T20:07:03  <wumpus> so if everyone is ok with the pull list in  https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/Pulls-listing-for-0.15.0-(temporary)  I'm going to paste it into the relnotes for 0.15.0 and tag final, if anyone still plans on looking through it (to find misattributions and such) let me know
531 2017-09-07T20:11:16  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/e6ab88a4524a...52f8877525d5
532 2017-09-07T20:11:16  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa40b0e MarcoFalke: travis: Assert default datadir isn't created, Run scripted diff only once
533 2017-09-07T20:11:17  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 52f8877 MarcoFalke: Merge #11260: travis: Assert default datadir isn't created, Run scripted diff only once...
534 2017-09-07T20:11:19  <sipa> i'd like to see #11174 addressed
535 2017-09-07T20:11:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #11260: travis: Assert default datadir isn't created, Run scripted diff only once (master...Mf1708-travisYaml) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11260
536 2017-09-07T20:14:01  <meshcollider> #11245 got tagged for 0.15.0 four hours ago, what's happening there
537 2017-09-07T20:15:18  <meshcollider> If the issue isnt present in rc3 then there isn't much point including the fix in 0.15.0 release notes, but we don't know if it really got fixed
538 2017-09-07T20:17:34  *** cbits has quit IRC
539 2017-09-07T20:20:01  *** d9b4bef9 has quit IRC
540 2017-09-07T20:21:07  *** d9b4bef9 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
541 2017-09-07T20:21:26  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theuni opened pull request #11271: travis: filter out pyenv (master...travis-fix-pyenv) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11271
542 2017-09-07T20:22:27  <MarcoFalke> wumpus: I will look at the pull list
543 2017-09-07T20:22:35  *** Gunnie has quit IRC
544 2017-09-07T20:27:08  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
545 2017-09-07T20:28:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #11270: travis: Use deprecated trusty image (master...2017_09_travis_deprecated_image) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11270
546 2017-09-07T20:29:22  *** kyzeeruz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
547 2017-09-07T20:29:26  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #11245: [0.15] Mention offscreen issue in release notes (0.15...201709_offscreen_release_note) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11245
548 2017-09-07T20:30:18  <kyzeeruz> Hello world!
549 2017-09-07T20:31:01  <meshcollider> What's needed for 11174 re: rescanning?
550 2017-09-07T20:31:26  <meshcollider> I can make a PR if no one else is going to
551 2017-09-07T20:31:51  <kyzeeruz> what is PR?
552 2017-09-07T20:32:02  <meshcollider> Pull request
553 2017-09-07T20:32:29  <meshcollider> But it sounded like gmaxwell was leaving a mental note for himself
554 2017-09-07T20:32:57  <kyzeeruz> Is there somebody can give me a free web link to learn bitcoin coding?
555 2017-09-07T20:33:34  <meshcollider> I think you're in the wrong channel, try #bitcoin :)
556 2017-09-07T20:33:38  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] rawodb closed pull request #11177: Support for SegWit Addresses in RPC  calls and change addresses (master...pr/rpc_getsegwitaddresses) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11177
557 2017-09-07T20:35:01  <kyzeeruz> I want to create and build a bitcoin web game or either transforming an online game while playing earn a real bitcoin on it live online.
558 2017-09-07T20:35:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli opened pull request #11272: CKeystore/CCrypter: move relevant implementation out of the header (master...2017/09/wallet_refact) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11272
559 2017-09-07T20:35:43  <meshcollider> Is the meeting over?
560 2017-09-07T20:35:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Xekyo opened pull request #11273: WIP: Ignore old format estimation file (master...ignoreOldFeeEstimates) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11273
561 2017-09-07T20:36:22  <kyzeeruz> Is there any possible to use an old computer as a main miner to generate bitcoin?
562 2017-09-07T20:36:27  <michagogo> meshcollider: it didn't happen
563 2017-09-07T20:36:29  <michagogo> despite the ping
564 2017-09-07T20:36:30  <jonasschnelli> meshcollider: because most of the devs are working in the same physical location right now, the meeting was not really happening...
565 2017-09-07T20:36:43  <michagogo> kyzeeruz: short answer: no. Anyway, this is the wrong place
566 2017-09-07T20:36:52  <jonasschnelli> yeah.. next week it will be again in the normal fashion
567 2017-09-07T20:36:57  <jonasschnelli> sorry about that.
568 2017-09-07T20:37:10  <kyzeeruz> thanks michagogo
569 2017-09-07T20:37:54  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
570 2017-09-07T20:38:06  <meshcollider> Ok sweet, just confused about the ping and thought it was started :)
571 2017-09-07T20:38:50  <meshcollider> Hope the last day of SF goes well then
572 2017-09-07T20:38:59  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
573 2017-09-07T20:45:51  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] mess110 opened pull request #11274: [tests] Cleanup wildcard imports in functional tests (master...cleanup-wildcard-in-functional-tests) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11274
574 2017-09-07T20:54:04  *** arowser has quit IRC
575 2017-09-07T20:55:20  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
576 2017-09-07T20:58:55  *** nelruk has quit IRC
577 2017-09-07T20:59:45  <kyzeeruz> What repositories maen?
578 2017-09-07T20:59:55  <sipa> kyzeeruz: #bitcoin please
579 2017-09-07T21:02:41  *** DrOlmer has quit IRC
580 2017-09-07T21:03:30  *** DrOlmer has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
581 2017-09-07T21:07:58  <esotericnonsense> is it expected that pruning can become a limiting factor in IBD? testing now and by increasing my prune size (essentially, temporarily disabling it) it seems to have increased sync rate by approx 30%
582 2017-09-07T21:08:35  <esotericnonsense> the cache seems to flush on each pruning event
583 2017-09-07T21:09:25  <esotericnonsense> testing ramdisk with prune=5000 vs ssd with prune=50000 -> 30% faster off the ssd (and seemingly improving as dbcache increases)
584 2017-09-07T21:10:09  *** blogibub has quit IRC
585 2017-09-07T21:11:04  *** promag has quit IRC
586 2017-09-07T21:12:57  <MarcoFalke> wumpus: Pull list looks fine
587 2017-09-07T21:28:00  *** kyzeeruz has quit IRC
588 2017-09-07T21:31:04  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: thanks for checking
589 2017-09-07T21:31:55  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
590 2017-09-07T21:36:01  *** promag has quit IRC
591 2017-09-07T21:37:13  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
592 2017-09-07T21:42:41  *** Cheeseo has quit IRC
593 2017-09-07T21:43:21  *** Cheeseo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
594 2017-09-07T21:51:48  *** RubenSomsen has quit IRC
595 2017-09-07T21:58:04  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
596 2017-09-07T22:04:15  *** cheese_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
597 2017-09-07T22:07:25  <BlueMatt> gah, mk229797 shows up on an issue and tells someone to download a datadir snapshot
598 2017-09-07T22:07:35  <BlueMatt> I assume its not a real person...wumpus wanna ban that account?
599 2017-09-07T22:08:05  <BlueMatt> hmm, maybe not?
600 2017-09-07T22:08:08  <wumpus> banned
601 2017-09-07T22:08:15  <BlueMatt> seems like a person, but thats a strange response
602 2017-09-07T22:08:39  <BlueMatt> eh, whatever
603 2017-09-07T22:08:46  <BlueMatt> they'll come here and complain if they're real
604 2017-09-07T22:09:23  <wumpus> right, it was definitely not ok
605 2017-09-07T22:15:07  <wumpus> hm, strange, I pushed the PR list in the release notes to the 0.15 branch and github's bot didnt trigger
606 2017-09-07T22:15:22  <BlueMatt> :O
607 2017-09-07T22:16:05  <wumpus> maybe it's overloaded
608 2017-09-07T22:16:29  <BlueMatt> github has had a lot of notification delays of late...there's been a few days where their email was super slow for a few hours
609 2017-09-07T22:16:53  <wumpus> I hope it's not our fault for merging so much :)
610 2017-09-07T22:20:49  <BlueMatt> heh, I hope it is :p
611 2017-09-07T22:20:55  <BlueMatt> (though other projects are larger...)
612 2017-09-07T22:26:37  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli opened pull request #11276: Update CONTRIBUTRING.md to reduce unnecesarry review workload (master...2017/09/cont) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11276
613 2017-09-07T22:30:27  <wumpus> the IRC bot is definitely backlogged
614 2017-09-07T22:30:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #11205: Make fixed CAmounts and related sanity function constexpr (master...refactor/constexpr-amount) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11205
615 2017-09-07T22:32:33  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #11274: [tests] Cleanup wildcard imports in functional tests (master...cleanup-wildcard-in-functional-tests) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11274
616 2017-09-07T22:32:40  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ryanofsky opened pull request #11277: Fix uninitialized URI in batch RPC requests (master...pr/mb) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11277
617 2017-09-07T22:33:36  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
618 2017-09-07T22:34:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 1 new commit to 0.15: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/d4c9d00e7e79958dea9586f927778dba2be8230a
619 2017-09-07T22:34:54  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.15 d4c9d00 Wladimir J. van der Laan: doc: Add PRs list to release notes...
620 2017-09-07T22:38:15  *** promag has quit IRC
621 2017-09-07T22:39:15  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/52f8877525d5...638e6c59da4f
622 2017-09-07T22:39:15  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master aa2e0f0 Cory Fields: travis: filter out pyenv
623 2017-09-07T22:39:16  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 638e6c5 MarcoFalke: Merge #11271: travis: filter out pyenv...
624 2017-09-07T22:39:22  *** zenton has quit IRC
625 2017-09-07T22:39:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #11271: travis: filter out pyenv (master...travis-fix-pyenv) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11271
626 2017-09-07T22:41:28  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #11279: doc: Add missing contributors to release notes (0.15...Mf1708-doc015rel) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11279
627 2017-09-07T22:44:46  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to 0.15: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/d4c9d00e7e79...adcc788f2a89
628 2017-09-07T22:44:46  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.15 fad16a9 MarcoFalke: doc: Add missing contributors to release notes...
629 2017-09-07T22:44:47  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.15 adcc788 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #11279: doc: Add missing contributors to release notes...
630 2017-09-07T22:44:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #11279: doc: Add missing contributors to release notes (0.15...Mf1708-doc015rel) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11279
631 2017-09-07T22:49:23  <meshcollider> in #11174, it says to add release notes for rescanning an encrypted wallet
632 2017-09-07T22:49:34  <meshcollider> is that basically putting https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11249 into the release notes
633 2017-09-07T22:51:17  <MarcoFalke> meshcollider: pulls welcome :)
634 2017-09-07T22:51:39  <meshcollider> yeah I'm working on it at the moment but I'm just trying to work out what gmaxwell's mental note meant ;)
635 2017-09-07T22:51:47  <meshcollider> < gmaxwell> mental note: we need release notes on the topup stuff and instructions for rescanning
636 2017-09-07T22:52:41  <meshcollider> Also should this be a new section in the release notes? 'Notes for 0.15.0' or something?
637 2017-09-07T22:54:44  <wumpus> maybe at the beginning, after the upgrade/compatibility instructions
638 2017-09-07T22:57:12  *** abpa has quit IRC
639 2017-09-07T23:01:52  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MeshCollider opened pull request #11280: [0.15] Final to-do's for 0.15.0 release notes (0.15...201709_release_note_015_todo) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11280
640 2017-09-07T23:02:18  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #10756: net processing: swap out signals for an interface class (master...no-net-signals2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10756
641 2017-09-07T23:09:48  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
642 2017-09-07T23:13:12  *** cheese_ has quit IRC
643 2017-09-07T23:15:07  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
644 2017-09-07T23:18:13  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/723e5806578b...efb4383ef6c6
645 2017-09-07T23:18:14  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 592404f MeshCollider: Changing &vec[0] to vec.data(), what 9804 missed
646 2017-09-07T23:18:14  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master efb4383 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #10793: Changing &var[0] to var.data()...
647 2017-09-07T23:18:38  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #10793: Changing &var[0] to var.data() (master...prefer-vector-data) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10793
648 2017-09-07T23:19:20  *** promag has quit IRC
649 2017-09-07T23:21:31  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
650 2017-09-07T23:21:50  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
651 2017-09-07T23:24:18  *** PRab has quit IRC
652 2017-09-07T23:33:00  <wumpus> can people please review https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11280? (final release notes updates for 0.15.0)
653 2017-09-07T23:33:01  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
654 2017-09-07T23:37:01  <meshcollider> especially sipa and gmaxwell since they added the todo list :)
655 2017-09-07T23:37:28  <wumpus> yes
656 2017-09-07T23:38:09  <wumpus> I think this is the first time that tagging a release is blocked on the release notes :)
657 2017-09-07T23:39:35  <sipa> haha
658 2017-09-07T23:40:24  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli opened pull request #11281: Avoid pemanent cs_main/cs_wallet lock during RescanFromTime (master...2017/09/rescan_locks) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11281
659 2017-09-07T23:41:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 9 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/efb4383ef6c6...791a0e6ddade
660 2017-09-07T23:41:54  <meshcollider> hmm i'm not sure how to fix instagibbs comment, it would sound weird to just say "(this is not a regression)" right
661 2017-09-07T23:41:54  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9c76ba1 John Newbery: [wallet] Rename InitLoadWallet() to OpenWallets()...
662 2017-09-07T23:41:55  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1b9cee6 John Newbery: [wallet] Rename WalletVerify() to VerifyWallets()...
663 2017-09-07T23:41:56  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2da5eaf John Newbery: [wallet] Add FlushWallets() function to wallet/init.cpp
664 2017-09-07T23:42:13  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #10767: [wallet] Clarify wallet initialization / destruction interface (master...walletinit2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10767
665 2017-09-07T23:42:26  *** Deadhand has quit IRC
666 2017-09-07T23:42:51  <meshcollider> actually dw I think I've got it
667 2017-09-07T23:45:35  *** Deadhand has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
668 2017-09-07T23:52:42  <meshcollider> All good to go? Cancel travis again if you want :)
669 2017-09-07T23:53:43  <luke-jr> wumpus: well, to be fair, IMO it *should* be blocked on the hiding GUI issue <.<
670 2017-09-07T23:54:06  <meshcollider> wouldn't that require an rc4 though?
671 2017-09-07T23:54:11  <luke-jr> yes :/
672 2017-09-07T23:56:20  <meshcollider> According to discussion in #11245 it might have been fixed somehow upstream or something
673 2017-09-07T23:57:14  <meshcollider> no one is really sure so I don't think blocking release on that would be worth it, the fix can get  in to 0.15.1 anyway