1 2017-10-19T00:02:39  *** jb55 has quit IRC
  2 2017-10-19T00:24:22  *** BashCo has quit IRC
  3 2017-10-19T00:25:18  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  4 2017-10-19T00:28:24  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  5 2017-10-19T00:31:47  *** BashCo has quit IRC
  6 2017-10-19T00:39:00  *** Emcy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  7 2017-10-19T00:51:45  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] JeremyRubin opened pull request #11523: [Refactor] CValidation State (master...dos-cleanup) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11523
  8 2017-10-19T00:52:57  *** dabura667 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  9 2017-10-19T00:56:55  *** jb55 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 10 2017-10-19T01:02:50  *** wxss has quit IRC
 11 2017-10-19T01:05:22  *** pergaminho has quit IRC
 12 2017-10-19T01:07:07  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 13 2017-10-19T01:13:52  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 14 2017-10-19T01:15:34  *** pergaminho has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 15 2017-10-19T01:17:02  *** Ylbam has quit IRC
 16 2017-10-19T01:17:45  *** pergaminho has quit IRC
 17 2017-10-19T01:33:05  *** roadcrap has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 18 2017-10-19T01:35:29  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
 19 2017-10-19T01:43:48  *** promag has quit IRC
 20 2017-10-19T02:06:00  *** Banzai10 has quit IRC
 21 2017-10-19T02:25:05  *** BashCo has quit IRC
 22 2017-10-19T02:25:39  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2017-10-19T02:37:44  *** PaulCapestany has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 24 2017-10-19T02:39:38  *** Banzai10 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 25 2017-10-19T02:40:38  *** Banzai10 has quit IRC
 26 2017-10-19T02:57:46  *** Banzai10 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 27 2017-10-19T02:58:47  *** Banzai10 has quit IRC
 28 2017-10-19T03:00:35  *** dermoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 29 2017-10-19T03:05:20  *** merehap_ has quit IRC
 30 2017-10-19T03:05:23  *** merehap__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 31 2017-10-19T03:13:19  *** wraithm has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 32 2017-10-19T03:17:02  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 33 2017-10-19T03:17:53  *** wraithm has quit IRC
 34 2017-10-19T03:19:48  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
 35 2017-10-19T03:23:42  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
 36 2017-10-19T04:09:11  *** Nishadburhan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 37 2017-10-19T04:11:29  *** Nishadburhan has quit IRC
 38 2017-10-19T04:15:19  *** vicenteH` has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 39 2017-10-19T04:16:51  *** vicenteH has quit IRC
 40 2017-10-19T04:21:18  *** lrvick has quit IRC
 41 2017-10-19T04:31:42  *** lrvick has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 42 2017-10-19T04:45:29  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 43 2017-10-19T04:58:34  *** BashCo has quit IRC
 44 2017-10-19T05:42:52  *** Ylbam has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 45 2017-10-19T06:03:28  *** Emcy has quit IRC
 46 2017-10-19T06:03:51  *** Emcy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 47 2017-10-19T06:09:24  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 48 2017-10-19T06:14:05  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 49 2017-10-19T06:20:51  *** Cogito_Ergo_Sum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 50 2017-10-19T06:20:52  *** Cogito_Ergo_Sum has quit IRC
 51 2017-10-19T06:20:52  *** Cogito_Ergo_Sum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 52 2017-10-19T06:28:00  *** mmgen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 53 2017-10-19T06:28:14  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 54 2017-10-19T06:28:27  *** jb55 has quit IRC
 55 2017-10-19T06:31:14  *** chjj has quit IRC
 56 2017-10-19T06:33:04  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 57 2017-10-19T06:41:49  *** mmgen has quit IRC
 58 2017-10-19T06:53:12  *** cluelessperson has quit IRC
 59 2017-10-19T06:55:33  *** dcousens has quit IRC
 60 2017-10-19T06:59:08  *** cluelessperson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 61 2017-10-19T07:17:08  *** Barkhas has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 62 2017-10-19T07:17:12  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 63 2017-10-19T07:17:42  *** Barkhas has quit IRC
 64 2017-10-19T07:34:49  *** dcousens has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 65 2017-10-19T07:37:38  *** vicenteH` is now known as vicenteH
 66 2017-10-19T07:50:13  *** chjj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 67 2017-10-19T07:55:57  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
 68 2017-10-19T07:56:19  *** Cogito_Ergo_Sum has quit IRC
 69 2017-10-19T08:03:50  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] tjps opened pull request #11524: [net] De-duplicate connection eviction logic (master...tjps_eviction) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11524
 70 2017-10-19T08:06:24  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 71 2017-10-19T08:18:41  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 72 2017-10-19T08:21:22  *** Cogito_Ergo_Sum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 73 2017-10-19T08:24:56  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 74 2017-10-19T08:25:16  *** dermoth has quit IRC
 75 2017-10-19T08:27:07  *** dermoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 76 2017-10-19T08:27:34  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
 77 2017-10-19T08:27:43  *** promag has quit IRC
 78 2017-10-19T08:28:45  *** goatpig has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 79 2017-10-19T08:32:57  *** Emcy has quit IRC
 80 2017-10-19T08:33:16  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 81 2017-10-19T08:33:25  *** Emcy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 82 2017-10-19T08:38:17  *** Emcy_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 83 2017-10-19T08:41:02  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
 84 2017-10-19T08:41:20  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 85 2017-10-19T08:42:17  *** Emcy has quit IRC
 86 2017-10-19T08:51:50  *** Ylbam has quit IRC
 87 2017-10-19T09:02:45  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 88 2017-10-19T09:15:54  *** m8tion has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 89 2017-10-19T09:24:00  *** merehap__ has quit IRC
 90 2017-10-19T09:29:32  *** darthJarjar has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 91 2017-10-19T09:29:41  <darthJarjar> hi to all
 92 2017-10-19T09:32:02  *** pedrobranco has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 93 2017-10-19T09:40:23  *** wxss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 94 2017-10-19T09:46:40  *** Emcy_ has quit IRC
 95 2017-10-19T09:48:17  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] pierreN opened pull request #11525: Utils and libraries: fix warning -Wsign-compare in ConsumeDecimalNumber (master...fix_sign_compare_lvldb_logging) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11525
 96 2017-10-19T09:48:27  *** Emcy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 97 2017-10-19T09:51:32  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #11525: Utils and libraries: fix warning -Wsign-compare in ConsumeDecimalNumber (master...fix_sign_compare_lvldb_logging) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11525
 98 2017-10-19T10:00:50  *** Emcy has quit IRC
 99 2017-10-19T10:01:42  *** dabura667 has quit IRC
100 2017-10-19T10:04:04  *** pergaminho has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
101 2017-10-19T10:04:51  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
102 2017-10-19T10:13:06  <wallet42> Would it be a lot of change to have an -option so that when spending coins in the chainstate db instead of deleting the key, it will be renamed from c[txid][nout] to s[txid][nout] ? basically have it ever growing coins db?
103 2017-10-19T10:13:36  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
104 2017-10-19T10:13:38  <wallet42> it would ease some of my analysis tools
105 2017-10-19T10:21:45  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipsorcery opened pull request #11526: Visual Studio build configuration for Bitcoin Core. (master...build_msvc) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11526
106 2017-10-19T10:22:57  *** sybarite has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
107 2017-10-19T10:24:56  *** sybarite has quit IRC
108 2017-10-19T10:27:00  *** BashCo has quit IRC
109 2017-10-19T10:30:49  *** JackH has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
110 2017-10-19T10:35:32  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
111 2017-10-19T10:36:35  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
112 2017-10-19T10:37:52  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
113 2017-10-19T10:39:22  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
114 2017-10-19T10:40:28  *** BashCo has quit IRC
115 2017-10-19T10:49:34  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] schildbach opened pull request #11527: Remove my testnet DNS seed as I currently don't have the capacity to … (master...remove-seed) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11527
116 2017-10-19T10:50:02  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
117 2017-10-19T10:51:15  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
118 2017-10-19T10:54:23  *** Aaronvan_ has quit IRC
119 2017-10-19T11:03:02  *** W4RL0RD has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
120 2017-10-19T11:10:38  *** pergaminho has quit IRC
121 2017-10-19T11:11:28  *** owowo has quit IRC
122 2017-10-19T11:18:57  *** moctos has quit IRC
123 2017-10-19T11:19:05  *** esotericnonsense has quit IRC
124 2017-10-19T11:23:30  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
125 2017-10-19T11:26:28  *** JackH has quit IRC
126 2017-10-19T11:28:57  *** gribble has quit IRC
127 2017-10-19T11:58:17  *** gribble has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
128 2017-10-19T12:05:04  *** SopaXorzTaker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
129 2017-10-19T12:07:17  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
130 2017-10-19T12:09:19  *** promag has quit IRC
131 2017-10-19T12:09:27  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
132 2017-10-19T12:16:12  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2017-10-19T12:17:35  *** SlipperySlope has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
134 2017-10-19T12:18:17  *** SlipperySlope has quit IRC
135 2017-10-19T12:23:05  *** owowo has quit IRC
136 2017-10-19T12:23:50  *** Banzai10 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
137 2017-10-19T12:33:38  *** rafalcpp has quit IRC
138 2017-10-19T12:38:44  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
139 2017-10-19T12:45:49  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
140 2017-10-19T12:46:35  *** rafalcpp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
141 2017-10-19T12:54:28  *** rafalcpp has quit IRC
142 2017-10-19T12:55:07  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/02ac8c892b1f...b9e1299f048d
143 2017-10-19T12:55:08  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a86e81b Cory Fields: travis: move back to the minimal image...
144 2017-10-19T12:55:08  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3d1c311 Cory Fields: Revert "travis: filter out pyenv"...
145 2017-10-19T12:55:09  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b9e1299 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #11521: travis: move back to the minimal image...
146 2017-10-19T12:55:45  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #11521: travis: move back to the minimal image (master...travis-minimal) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11521
147 2017-10-19T12:56:09  <wumpus> cfields: ok, applied
148 2017-10-19T12:56:12  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to 0.15: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/1646f9c76036...ca0f3f734c46
149 2017-10-19T12:56:12  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.15 b28415b Cory Fields: travis: move back to the minimal image...
150 2017-10-19T12:56:13  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.15 ca0f3f7 Cory Fields: Revert "travis: filter out pyenv"...
151 2017-10-19T12:58:45  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
152 2017-10-19T13:00:32  <wumpus> there are so many unmerged PRs tagged for 0.15.0.2, anything ready to merge?
153 2017-10-19T13:02:09  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/b9e1299f048d...13f53b750dc0
154 2017-10-19T13:02:09  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 132d322 Andreas Schildbach: Remove my testnet DNS seed as I currently don't have the capacity to keep it up to date.
155 2017-10-19T13:02:09  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 13f53b7 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #11527: Remove my testnet DNS seed as I currently don't have the capacity to …...
156 2017-10-19T13:02:38  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 1 new commit to 0.15: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/a2bd86a5ff1d75d85089e4ba6c908ece83451c5c
157 2017-10-19T13:02:39  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.15 a2bd86a Andreas Schildbach: Remove my testnet DNS seed as I currently don't have the capacity to keep it up to date....
158 2017-10-19T13:03:53  *** promag has quit IRC
159 2017-10-19T13:04:04  <wumpus> #11476 seems to be ready
160 2017-10-19T13:04:06  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11476 | Avoid opening copied wallet databases simultaneously by ryanofsky · Pull Request #11476 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
161 2017-10-19T13:04:40  <sipa> ack
162 2017-10-19T13:14:41  *** dabura667 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
163 2017-10-19T13:42:03  *** goksinen_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
164 2017-10-19T13:42:19  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
165 2017-10-19T13:45:05  *** goksinen has quit IRC
166 2017-10-19T13:51:34  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
167 2017-10-19T13:53:21  *** Aaronvan_ has quit IRC
168 2017-10-19T14:03:29  *** rafalcpp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
169 2017-10-19T14:06:32  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipsorcery opened pull request #11528: Minimal code changes to allow msvc compilation (master...code_msvc) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11528
170 2017-10-19T14:16:55  *** pedrobranco has quit IRC
171 2017-10-19T14:17:23  *** pedrobranco has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
172 2017-10-19T14:17:48  *** pedrobranco has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
173 2017-10-19T14:22:45  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
174 2017-10-19T14:31:04  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] promag opened pull request #11529: Avoid slow transaction search with txindex enabled (master...2017-10-txindex-get-transaction) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11529
175 2017-10-19T14:32:27  <wumpus> huh didn't we already have that one
176 2017-10-19T14:35:14  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
177 2017-10-19T14:39:40  <promag> I can make it one line too, just one "return false;" if txindex
178 2017-10-19T14:40:13  <promag> the thing is, there is no point in doing the slow search if txindex is enabled and doesn't have the given txid
179 2017-10-19T14:40:52  <sipa> i prefer promag's approach slightly more
180 2017-10-19T14:41:20  <promag> also, I would like to discuss what locks are required in each case
181 2017-10-19T14:41:35  <promag> for instance, cs_main is not required to mempool.get right?
182 2017-10-19T14:42:40  <promag> dunno about pblocktree
183 2017-10-19T14:44:32  <sipa> pblocktree requires cs_main
184 2017-10-19T14:44:39  <sipa> mempool has its own lock
185 2017-10-19T14:44:48  *** wraithm has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
186 2017-10-19T14:47:58  <promag> and pcoinsTip?
187 2017-10-19T14:48:01  <wumpus> I prefer the smaller change, especially as it already had so many utACKS, the rationale for re-doing it in another way now is unclear to me
188 2017-10-19T14:48:14  *** goksinen_ has quit IRC
189 2017-10-19T14:48:44  <sipa> promag: cs_main
190 2017-10-19T14:48:54  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
191 2017-10-19T14:49:00  <wumpus> feel free to explain it though if there's cases that it covers and the other one doesn't, but the PR isn't very clear
192 2017-10-19T14:49:27  <sipa> wumpus: there's no difference afaik - but it's cleaner that the dependency on txindex in localized in one place
193 2017-10-19T14:49:36  <sipa> but really no strong opinion
194 2017-10-19T14:49:36  *** fluidjax has quit IRC
195 2017-10-19T14:49:39  <wumpus> I mean the change is more complex and more ways to mess it up
196 2017-10-19T14:50:14  <wumpus> it adds so much code!
197 2017-10-19T14:50:24  <sipa> oh, the change is much bigger than i expected - i just knew the concept
198 2017-10-19T14:50:27  <promag> wumpus: do you prefer this:
199 2017-10-19T14:50:28  <promag> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/master...promag:2017-10-txindex-get-transaction-2?expand=1
200 2017-10-19T14:50:35  <sipa> promag showed a much smaller change earlier
201 2017-10-19T14:51:01  <wumpus> ow diffing with w=1 makes it better
202 2017-10-19T14:51:26  <wumpus> still I don't see why so much logic needs to be changed for this
203 2017-10-19T14:51:31  <sipa> still, what i saw earlier was 1 line
204 2017-10-19T14:51:43  <sipa> but inside GetTransaction rather than in the caller
205 2017-10-19T14:51:48  <promag> see last link
206 2017-10-19T14:51:58  <wumpus> sounds good to me
207 2017-10-19T14:52:06  <sipa> ^ that
208 2017-10-19T14:53:24  <promag> done
209 2017-10-19T14:53:46  *** goksinen has quit IRC
210 2017-10-19T14:53:52  <promag> although I think we can only lock cs_main after mempool lookup
211 2017-10-19T14:54:11  <sipa> you can hold both
212 2017-10-19T14:54:23  <sipa> but you need to grab main first, if you need both
213 2017-10-19T14:54:43  <promag> really?
214 2017-10-19T14:54:48  <sipa> yes
215 2017-10-19T14:54:55  <sipa> there exists a lock order
216 2017-10-19T14:55:10  <promag> ah got it, so the other commit was wrong
217 2017-10-19T14:55:25  <sipa> which means that if there is one place in the code where A is being held while B is being taken, you can't have another place where A is being taken while B is held
218 2017-10-19T14:55:37  <promag> ok
219 2017-10-19T14:55:44  <sipa> the opposite is called lock order inversion, and is a risk for deadlocking
220 2017-10-19T14:56:17  <sipa> -DDEBUG_LOCKORDER automatically detects lock order inversions
221 2017-10-19T14:57:06  <promag> thanks for the explanation
222 2017-10-19T14:57:08  *** m8tion has quit IRC
223 2017-10-19T14:57:11  *** m8tion01 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
224 2017-10-19T15:02:45  *** promag has quit IRC
225 2017-10-19T15:03:36  <wumpus> is there something wrong with travis again or is everyone just submitting PRs that break it? :)
226 2017-10-19T15:10:57  *** timothy has quit IRC
227 2017-10-19T15:19:10  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
228 2017-10-19T15:20:32  *** Victor_sueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
229 2017-10-19T15:22:07  <Chris_Stewart_5> Is there numbers any where of how long it takes to validate/verify a block w/ 0.15.0
230 2017-10-19T15:22:48  <wumpus> -debug=bench
231 2017-10-19T15:23:21  *** Emcy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
232 2017-10-19T15:23:37  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
233 2017-10-19T15:24:04  *** goksinen has quit IRC
234 2017-10-19T15:26:18  *** Victor_sueca is now known as Victorsueca
235 2017-10-19T15:37:27  *** Emcy has quit IRC
236 2017-10-19T15:43:34  *** wraithm has quit IRC
237 2017-10-19T15:46:51  *** wraithm has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
238 2017-10-19T15:51:15  *** Dizzle has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
239 2017-10-19T15:56:44  *** Emcy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
240 2017-10-19T16:01:23  *** PaulCapestany has quit IRC
241 2017-10-19T16:02:59  *** PaulCapestany has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
242 2017-10-19T16:07:53  *** Emcy has quit IRC
243 2017-10-19T16:10:26  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #11507: [RPC] Don't do slow transaction lookup when txindex is enabled (master...getrawtx-txindex) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11507
244 2017-10-19T16:10:43  *** PaulCapestany has quit IRC
245 2017-10-19T16:13:08  *** PaulCapestany has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
246 2017-10-19T16:15:37  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
247 2017-10-19T16:16:35  *** eck has quit IRC
248 2017-10-19T16:17:19  *** eck has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
249 2017-10-19T16:17:22  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/13f53b750dc0...99e93de6f8ab
250 2017-10-19T16:17:22  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 478a89c Russell Yanofsky: Avoid opening copied wallet databases simultaneously...
251 2017-10-19T16:17:23  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 99e93de Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #11476: Avoid opening copied wallet databases simultaneously...
252 2017-10-19T16:17:57  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #11476: Avoid opening copied wallet databases simultaneously (master...pr/wid) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11476
253 2017-10-19T16:21:53  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
254 2017-10-19T16:23:31  *** m8tion01 has quit IRC
255 2017-10-19T16:24:44  <promag> in travis, what's the point in running functional tests if make check fails?
256 2017-10-19T16:28:25  *** Emcy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
257 2017-10-19T16:29:55  *** jb55 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
258 2017-10-19T16:31:21  *** dgenr8 has quit IRC
259 2017-10-19T16:31:54  *** dgenr8 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
260 2017-10-19T16:57:50  *** pedrobranco has quit IRC
261 2017-10-19T16:58:16  *** pedrobranco has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
262 2017-10-19T17:03:49  <cfields> heh, all 0.15.0.2 issues are pretty closely intertwined.
263 2017-10-19T17:04:00  *** pedrobranco has quit IRC
264 2017-10-19T17:04:11  <cfields> #topicsuggestion ^^ :)
265 2017-10-19T17:05:15  *** venky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
266 2017-10-19T17:07:07  *** owowo has quit IRC
267 2017-10-19T17:09:10  <wumpus> promag: the functional tests also don't work like that, if one test fails it continues with the rest. I guess it's useful to see exactly what tests fail.
268 2017-10-19T17:09:19  *** ecurrencyhodler_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
269 2017-10-19T17:09:35  <wumpus> if it stops at the first failed test you need to re-run time after time after fixing a single test
270 2017-10-19T17:10:07  *** W4RL0RD has quit IRC
271 2017-10-19T17:10:13  *** pedrobranco has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
272 2017-10-19T17:12:08  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
273 2017-10-19T17:15:56  *** intcat has quit IRC
274 2017-10-19T17:16:13  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
275 2017-10-19T17:20:06  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
276 2017-10-19T17:24:57  *** goksinen has quit IRC
277 2017-10-19T17:25:32  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
278 2017-10-19T17:27:22  *** wxss has quit IRC
279 2017-10-19T17:28:04  *** wxss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
280 2017-10-19T17:28:43  *** venky has quit IRC
281 2017-10-19T17:36:53  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
282 2017-10-19T17:38:09  *** owowo has quit IRC
283 2017-10-19T17:39:13  *** promag has quit IRC
284 2017-10-19T17:39:54  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
285 2017-10-19T17:40:45  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
286 2017-10-19T17:42:11  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
287 2017-10-19T17:42:16  *** cealex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
288 2017-10-19T17:43:53  *** griswaalt[m] has quit IRC
289 2017-10-19T17:43:53  *** herzmeister[m] has quit IRC
290 2017-10-19T17:44:10  *** Masaomi[m] has quit IRC
291 2017-10-19T17:44:21  *** goksinen has quit IRC
292 2017-10-19T17:44:29  *** kewde[m] has quit IRC
293 2017-10-19T17:46:26  <ossifrage> That copy paste problem I reported earlier is an actual QT bug: "GUI: QXcbClipboard::setMimeData: Cannot set X11 selection owner"
294 2017-10-19T17:46:41  *** owowo has quit IRC
295 2017-10-19T17:47:54  *** cealex has quit IRC
296 2017-10-19T17:48:03  *** intcat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
297 2017-10-19T17:48:36  <ossifrage> It seems to have been triggered by running a second instance of firefox as another user.
298 2017-10-19T17:49:47  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
299 2017-10-19T17:49:47  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
300 2017-10-19T17:50:51  <ossifrage> It is possible that using the QClipboard wrapper instead of the QXcb* stuff will address some of these edge cases...
301 2017-10-19T17:50:57  <wumpus> yea X has some interesting clipboard issues sometimes, especially combined with 'remote' windows, or with some software that tries to keep up to date with the clipboard and querying it all the time
302 2017-10-19T17:51:35  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
303 2017-10-19T17:51:45  <ossifrage> This one was a bit of a usability issue and I ended up having to use bitcoin-cli to copy and paste addresses without screwing up
304 2017-10-19T17:51:50  <wumpus> I'm sure we don't use QXcb clipboard stuff directly in our code
305 2017-10-19T17:52:33  <wumpus> it's possible to build bitcoin-qt w/ wayland, for example, and the clipboard works
306 2017-10-19T17:52:44  <ossifrage> firefox, chrome, xfce-terminal where all un-effected, but gnome-terminal and bitcoin-qt where
307 2017-10-19T17:53:45  <wumpus> xclip is a useful tool to probe around with X clipboards, did you know it actually has three of them?
308 2017-10-19T17:53:51  <ossifrage> wumpus, the clipboard worked fine, I use it extensively with bitcoin-qt, until I launched a 'lazy sandboxed' firefox as another user
309 2017-10-19T17:54:24  <ossifrage> wumpus, yeah I tried to use xclip to clear all 3 hoping that would magically reset whatever permissions it was confused about, with no love
310 2017-10-19T17:54:40  <wumpus> lol it's such a mess
311 2017-10-19T17:55:03  <ossifrage> Restarting gnome-terminal fixed the problem for it, but I didn't want to restart bitcoin-qt
312 2017-10-19T17:55:14  <wumpus> but hey windows has to be better at something :)
313 2017-10-19T17:55:19  <ossifrage> (I have some sort of uptime/connection count fetish)
314 2017-10-19T17:56:00  <ossifrage> I used to run X stuff over ssh tunnels for years and never remember having a problem like this...
315 2017-10-19T17:56:24  <wumpus> I've had more clipboard issues with X than I can even remember
316 2017-10-19T17:56:53  <ossifrage> Weirdness yes, but complete failure to work, not so much...
317 2017-10-19T17:57:12  <wumpus> it's most fun VNC or xpra and remote windows get involved, sometimes they get into a loop updating
318 2017-10-19T17:57:39  <cfields> ossifrage: huh, very interesting. my Konsole copy/paste quit working yesterday.
319 2017-10-19T17:57:42  <wumpus> or sometimes you suddenly get old clipboard contents back
320 2017-10-19T17:58:15  <ossifrage> wumpus, yeah I've seen that before and I think clipboard managers make the problem even worse
321 2017-10-19T17:58:20  <wumpus> and copy some password into something that aboslutely shouldn't have it
322 2017-10-19T17:58:30  <wumpus> ossifrage: yup like the one that KDE comes with
323 2017-10-19T17:59:01  <ossifrage> wumpus, I have a shell alias for clearing the clipboard after pasting a password :p
324 2017-10-19T18:00:09  <wumpus> cfields: interesting, maybe it's some recent update that made it worse
325 2017-10-19T18:00:39  <cfields> sounds reasonable
326 2017-10-19T18:01:25  <cfields> I didn't investigate much because i use vim's yank for the most part. I just chalked it up to a Konsole bug.
327 2017-10-19T18:02:11  *** abpa has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
328 2017-10-19T18:05:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/99e93de6f8ab...ff92fbf24739
329 2017-10-19T18:05:23  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7a5f930 João Barbosa: Avoid slow transaction search with txindex enabled
330 2017-10-19T18:05:24  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ff92fbf Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #11529: Avoid slow transaction search with txindex enabled...
331 2017-10-19T18:05:31  <wumpus> heh if you use one of the -x11 variants of vim, yank will also copy to the X clipboard
332 2017-10-19T18:05:53  <cfields> ah, neat
333 2017-10-19T18:05:57  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #11529: Avoid slow transaction search with txindex enabled (master...2017-10-txindex-get-transaction) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11529
334 2017-10-19T18:07:05  <wumpus> well at least the clipboard becomes one of the yank registers, not the default one
335 2017-10-19T18:07:23  <cfields> dammit, I've squashed/force-pushed this pr like 5 times now, I keep missing little things I forgot to address. I hope that's not blowing up anybody's mailbox?
336 2017-10-19T18:07:53  <wumpus> oh wait, even two of them, + and *, for two differnt clipboards, of course
337 2017-10-19T18:08:26  <wumpus> cfields: well not mine at least
338 2017-10-19T18:09:02  <cfields> k. wasn't sure if you could subscribe to new commits, even if they're just a rebase
339 2017-10-19T18:09:35  <wumpus> thinking of it, I don't get mails for pushes at all, just for comments
340 2017-10-19T18:09:48  <wumpus> not that I know of
341 2017-10-19T18:10:23  <cfields> I got them for pushes at some point. Can't remember if i turned it off for being to spammy, or if Github disabled that
342 2017-10-19T18:10:31  <cfields> *too spammy
343 2017-10-19T18:12:31  <achow101> I definitely get emails for new commits
344 2017-10-19T18:12:33  <wumpus> you can enable mails for pushes to your repository https://help.github.com/articles/choosing-the-types-of-notifications-you-receive/
345 2017-10-19T18:12:53  <wumpus> achow101: but also for PRs you're subscribed to?
346 2017-10-19T18:13:01  <MarcoFalke> I get for pushes, but not for force pushes
347 2017-10-19T18:13:14  <achow101> but there's a delay between pushing a commit or making a comment and then getting the email. I think github is smart enough to not send out too many mails if you make multiple pushes within a minute or two of each other
348 2017-10-19T18:13:43  <achow101> wumpus: this is for PRs
349 2017-10-19T18:14:01  <wumpus> ok, strange, well I don't really mind not getting them, I already get way too much mail
350 2017-10-19T18:15:01  <cfields> achow101: ok. for future reference, did you just get about 5 from me for 11512? Or it skipped them all because they were force-pushes?
351 2017-10-19T18:15:29  <cfields> er, 11457
352 2017-10-19T18:15:54  <achow101> cfields: I did not get any emails about those force pushes
353 2017-10-19T18:16:02  <cfields> great, thanks
354 2017-10-19T18:18:26  <ryanofsky> i think github doesn't send "pushed commits" messages for prs when the new commits have the same subject lines as the old commits
355 2017-10-19T18:21:14  <cfields> ryanofsky: well about 3 of my force-pushes right now were squashing "temp" and "fixup" commits that I accidentally left in. So it apparently doesn't notify on new ones, at least
356 2017-10-19T18:21:38  <cfields> or, maybe only after some delay like achow101 said
357 2017-10-19T18:22:58  <wumpus> it probably only mails when a new commit (or more) was added on top of the last known one
358 2017-10-19T18:23:11  *** brianhoffman has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
359 2017-10-19T18:23:18  <cfields> ah, that would make sense
360 2017-10-19T18:33:03  *** esotericnonsense has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
361 2017-10-19T18:34:49  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
362 2017-10-19T18:41:21  *** goksinen has quit IRC
363 2017-10-19T18:48:41  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
364 2017-10-19T18:49:21  *** StopAndDecrypt__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
365 2017-10-19T18:50:38  *** StopAndDecrypt has quit IRC
366 2017-10-19T18:53:22  *** goksinen has quit IRC
367 2017-10-19T18:54:49  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
368 2017-10-19T18:55:53  *** clarkmoody has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
369 2017-10-19T18:59:41  *** karelb has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
370 2017-10-19T18:59:49  <wumpus> meeting time?
371 2017-10-19T19:00:06  <jonasschnelli> jup
372 2017-10-19T19:00:09  <meshcollider> Hi
373 2017-10-19T19:00:32  <wumpus> #startmeeting
374 2017-10-19T19:00:32  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Oct 19 19:00:32 2017 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
375 2017-10-19T19:00:32  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
376 2017-10-19T19:00:34  <achow101> hi
377 2017-10-19T19:00:53  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr btcdrak sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101
378 2017-10-19T19:01:06  <cfields> hi
379 2017-10-19T19:01:12  <sipa> mildly present
380 2017-10-19T19:01:17  <kanzure> hi.
381 2017-10-19T19:01:20  <wumpus> primary topic I suppose is 0.15.0.2
382 2017-10-19T19:01:34  <wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+milestone%3A0.15.0.2
383 2017-10-19T19:02:23  <wumpus> anything that is close to merging, or that needs further discussion?
384 2017-10-19T19:03:25  <cfields> BlueMatt: are you around to fill in some of the cb interactions with those PRs? They're hard to review because of subtleties I assume I'm not fully accounting for.
385 2017-10-19T19:03:27  <achow101> I wasn't able to do as much as I wanted to this week because of exams. I'll fix up #11446 later today hopefully
386 2017-10-19T19:03:29  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11446 | Disconnect Peers for Duplicate Invalid blocks. by achow101 · Pull Request #11446 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
387 2017-10-19T19:04:04  <BlueMatt> sdaftuar: (and somewhat I) worked out a replacement for #11487, that I need to rewrite and close the original
388 2017-10-19T19:04:05  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11487 | Check that new headers are not a descendant of an invalid block by TheBlueMatt · Pull Request #11487 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
389 2017-10-19T19:04:21  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
390 2017-10-19T19:04:37  <BlueMatt> so I'll do that a bit later
391 2017-10-19T19:05:02  <wumpus> ok
392 2017-10-19T19:05:03  <sdaftuar> i updated #11490 with some bug fixes and addressed feedback.  i also added a unit test that passes locally but fails in travis :( workin gon it...
393 2017-10-19T19:05:05  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11490 | Disconnect from outbound peers with bad headers chains by sdaftuar · Pull Request #11490 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
394 2017-10-19T19:05:28  *** kayamm has quit IRC
395 2017-10-19T19:05:43  <wumpus> great!
396 2017-10-19T19:06:27  <wumpus> travis has been having some issues the last few days, be sure it's related to your pull  and not some intermittent problem
397 2017-10-19T19:08:28  *** goksinen has quit IRC
398 2017-10-19T19:08:28  <wumpus> any other topics?
399 2017-10-19T19:08:53  <achow101> any updates on segwit wallet stuff?
400 2017-10-19T19:09:24  <wumpus> I doubt anyone has been working on that w/ the .2 release rushed before
401 2017-10-19T19:09:40  <sipa> i've been distracted the past week
402 2017-10-19T19:09:48  <achow101> ok
403 2017-10-19T19:09:52  <wumpus> will get back to that when sanity has returned
404 2017-10-19T19:09:58  <jnewbery> topic suggestion: Chaincode Residency (sorry for the shameless plug)
405 2017-10-19T19:10:08  <sipa> next week i'll have more time (i'm in europe until the end of the month)
406 2017-10-19T19:10:30  <wumpus> #topic Chaincode Residency
407 2017-10-19T19:10:40  <jnewbery> Thanks!
408 2017-10-19T19:10:55  <jnewbery> We're hosting another residency program in Jan/Feb 2018: http://hackerresidency.com/ https://medium.com/@ChaincodeLabs/chaincode-residency-2018-26cd8a65d5f7
409 2017-10-19T19:11:22  <jnewbery> If you know anyone who might be suitable, please refer them to the website
410 2017-10-19T19:11:26  <jnewbery> end topic
411 2017-10-19T19:11:40  <wumpus> ok!
412 2017-10-19T19:12:00  <cfields> woohoo! We'll be expecting at least 1 new jnewbery and 1 new ryanofsky.
413 2017-10-19T19:12:11  <jnewbery> 1 jnewbery is quite enough
414 2017-10-19T19:12:22  <wumpus> hehe
415 2017-10-19T19:12:34  <jonasschnelli> ;-.)
416 2017-10-19T19:12:48  <sipa> jnewbery: how do you know? have you ever met one?
417 2017-10-19T19:12:48  <cfields> heh
418 2017-10-19T19:13:01  <wumpus> doppelganger
419 2017-10-19T19:13:09  <wumpus> okay, anyone else have anything to discuss?
420 2017-10-19T19:13:41  *** Cheeseo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
421 2017-10-19T19:14:07  <jnewbery> sipa: I've been informed that 1 is at the upper range of most people's tolerance
422 2017-10-19T19:15:27  <meshcollider> Hmm might be good to briefly discuss what the plan is for #7729 and #11497
423 2017-10-19T19:15:30  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/7729 | rpc: introduce label API for wallet by laanwj · Pull Request #7729 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
424 2017-10-19T19:15:31  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11497 | Hide accounts system behind deprecation switch by achow101 · Pull Request #11497 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
425 2017-10-19T19:15:31  <wumpus> well as long as they keep the great patches coming :)
426 2017-10-19T19:16:07  <wumpus> needs to be rebased and merged :p
427 2017-10-19T19:16:21  <achow101> meshcollider: I'm thinking they should probably be done simultaneously. 11947 should probably be part of 7729
428 2017-10-19T19:16:23  *** Ylbam has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
429 2017-10-19T19:16:27  <jonasschnelli> Plans to rebase 7729 or waiting until someone picks it up?
430 2017-10-19T19:16:41  <wumpus> sorry, yes, I really need to push it the last bit
431 2017-10-19T19:16:47  <jnewbery> I'm not convinced on the approach for 11497 (using -deprecatedprc)
432 2017-10-19T19:17:02  <jonasschnelli> wumpus: thanks!
433 2017-10-19T19:17:24  <wumpus> jnewbery: what is your concern with it?
434 2017-10-19T19:17:39  <jnewbery> Seems to me that the account/label switch is conceptually on the level of the wallet, not on the level of the node
435 2017-10-19T19:17:56  <sipa> today again a user on SE who was confused about accounts
436 2017-10-19T19:18:12  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
437 2017-10-19T19:18:18  <jnewbery> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11497#issuecomment-336991350
438 2017-10-19T19:18:31  <jonasschnelli> lables / account are completely on the wallet level... yes.
439 2017-10-19T19:19:15  <wumpus> yes, they're at the wallet level, I agree
440 2017-10-19T19:19:26  <jnewbery> I don't think 11497 addresses the problem of migrating from an account system to a label system, although I may not have fully understood what the plan is
441 2017-10-19T19:19:38  <achow101> yeah, I agree with that. 11497 was really just done in a fit of anger after I got too fed up with handling account things
442 2017-10-19T19:19:39  <wumpus> though from the perspective of the database there's no difference, accounts and labels use the same underlying strucures
443 2017-10-19T19:19:50  <meshcollider> Agreed but there were concerns bumping the wallet version because of HD wallets right
444 2017-10-19T19:20:04  <sipa> meshcollider: has nothing to do with accounts
445 2017-10-19T19:20:22  <wumpus> it doesn't need a  new wallet version
446 2017-10-19T19:20:23  <jnewbery> meshcollider: yes. Is now a good time to raise the topic of feature flags on wallets?
447 2017-10-19T19:20:41  <meshcollider> Oh I thought that was discussed in 7729
448 2017-10-19T19:20:43  <wumpus> accounts do not introduce any new wallet features , at least this first incarnation simply does what the GUI does
449 2017-10-19T19:20:43  <achow101> meshcollider: it's the same database structures, so that shouldn't matter
450 2017-10-19T19:21:24  <meshcollider> Yeah I thought 7729 comments were discussing using the version number as a flag for the label/account switch
451 2017-10-19T19:21:25  <wumpus> people are requesting things like allowing multiple labels for one address, which would need extensions to functionality, but the current one is simply what is already done by the GUI
452 2017-10-19T19:21:33  <jonasschnelli> (another topic, but): we can bump the wallet version because all new wallets now must be HD, right?
453 2017-10-19T19:21:34  <wumpus> seems unnecessary
454 2017-10-19T19:21:37  <sipa> i think using -deprecatedrpc is fine for accounts - it's literally just removing some functionality
455 2017-10-19T19:21:49  <wumpus> sipa: yeah, it removes functionaltiy from the RPC interface
456 2017-10-19T19:21:52  <sipa> but we may first need to add label-based RPCs
457 2017-10-19T19:21:53  <wumpus> it's an RPC interface thing
458 2017-10-19T19:22:06  <wumpus> sipa: yes, 7729 needs to go in first
459 2017-10-19T19:22:09  <sipa> okay
460 2017-10-19T19:22:14  *** pedrobranco has quit IRC
461 2017-10-19T19:22:28  *** goksinen has quit IRC
462 2017-10-19T19:22:29  <wumpus> then the flag can select between the old account based interface and the new label based one
463 2017-10-19T19:22:47  <wumpus> at least for 0.16, in 0.17 I suppose the old interface will simply go away
464 2017-10-19T19:22:48  <achow101> maybe we should use a different flag than -deprecatedrpc
465 2017-10-19T19:23:05  <meshcollider> So yeah jnewbery topic suggestion of wallet feature flags?
466 2017-10-19T19:23:22  <wumpus> this won't lose compatiblity with old wallets
467 2017-10-19T19:23:30  <wumpus> it just will lose access to any account info in them
468 2017-10-19T19:23:45  <sipa> right, it's not a wallet feature
469 2017-10-19T19:23:48  <wumpus> so it's not really a wallet versioning thing
470 2017-10-19T19:23:49  <jonasschnelli> meshcollider: no flags required for the label/account switch (only changes on functional level)
471 2017-10-19T19:23:55  <sipa> it's a sofrware feature that can be turned on or off
472 2017-10-19T19:24:17  <jnewbery> ok, so it sounds like it's not necessary for accounts/labels. I'll go back and look at 7729 again.
473 2017-10-19T19:24:50  * achow101 is confused now
474 2017-10-19T19:25:23  <wumpus> #action implement and merge the label api finally
475 2017-10-19T19:25:26  <wumpus> ok, next topic?
476 2017-10-19T19:25:28  <sipa> achow101: the big idea is that all accounts functionality remains under the name "label", except the concept of an acount balance
477 2017-10-19T19:25:47  <achow101> sipa: so it is a node thing and not wallet based?
478 2017-10-19T19:25:53  <sipa> achow101: wut?
479 2017-10-19T19:25:59  <sipa> achow101: no, it's an RPC thing
480 2017-10-19T19:26:07  <sipa> the wallet or node are unaffected
481 2017-10-19T19:26:12  <wumpus> right
482 2017-10-19T19:26:24  <achow101> s/node thing/rpc thing/
483 2017-10-19T19:26:30  <sipa> right
484 2017-10-19T19:26:33  <jonasschnelli> the wallet structure is unaffected although the wallet code is
485 2017-10-19T19:26:48  <sipa> is it?
486 2017-10-19T19:27:04  <sipa> i wouldn't expect it to (until it is deleted entirely)
487 2017-10-19T19:27:04  <jonasschnelli> if we consider rpcwallet as wallet code
488 2017-10-19T19:27:04  <wumpus> some small changes are necessary
489 2017-10-19T19:27:07  <sipa> ok
490 2017-10-19T19:27:16  <sipa> anyway, details
491 2017-10-19T19:27:26  <sipa> i'm going off soo
492 2017-10-19T19:27:31  <jonasschnelli> meshcollider: in case you want to work on wallet flags (there is already a closed PR) #8369
493 2017-10-19T19:27:31  <wumpus> there's some functionaltiy that would be in the label API but the GUI doesn't use at the moment, from what I remember, but anyhow yeah it's minimal
494 2017-10-19T19:27:33  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/8369 | [FOR LATER USE][WIP][Wallet] add support for a flexible "set of features" by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #8369 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
495 2017-10-19T19:28:00  <jnewbery> Last comment from wumpus in 7729 included "Either label or account RPCs could be usable based on the wallet version." I think we probably need to look at that PR again to refresh our memories (I certainly do)
496 2017-10-19T19:28:11  <meshcollider> jonasschnelli: Oh right, I'll have a look
497 2017-10-19T19:28:14  <sipa> okay
498 2017-10-19T19:28:16  <wumpus> jnewbery: what a dumb comment!
499 2017-10-19T19:28:34  <wumpus> going to remove it immediately :-)
500 2017-10-19T19:28:34  <jnewbery> I think it was in response to me, more as a 'this is how it could possibly work'
501 2017-10-19T19:28:41  <sipa> pffft, fact based analysis, how boring
502 2017-10-19T19:28:48  <meshcollider> Yeah that comments probably what I was thinking of
503 2017-10-19T19:29:36  <wumpus> back then I probably thought using the wallet version was a useful way of doing that flagging, but I reconsider
504 2017-10-19T19:29:49  <achow101> well now we have -deprecatedrpc
505 2017-10-19T19:30:03  <sipa> right
506 2017-10-19T19:30:07  <wumpus> yes
507 2017-10-19T19:30:58  <sipa> no more topics?
508 2017-10-19T19:31:06  <wumpus> nope
509 2017-10-19T19:31:18  <sipa> #halfameeting
510 2017-10-19T19:31:27  <wumpus> #endmeeting
511 2017-10-19T19:31:27  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Oct 19 19:31:27 2017 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
512 2017-10-19T19:31:27  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2017/bitcoin-core-dev.2017-10-19-19.00.html
513 2017-10-19T19:31:27  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2017/bitcoin-core-dev.2017-10-19-19.00.txt
514 2017-10-19T19:31:27  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2017/bitcoin-core-dev.2017-10-19-19.00.log.html
515 2017-10-19T19:32:06  <achow101> review/merge beg on #11415 #10583 #10579 (rpc split things for removing #ifdef enable wallet)
516 2017-10-19T19:32:08  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11415 | [RPC] Disallow using addresses in createmultisig by achow101 · Pull Request #11415 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
517 2017-10-19T19:32:10  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10583 | [RPC] Split part of validateaddress into getaddressinfo by achow101 · Pull Request #10583 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
518 2017-10-19T19:32:13  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10579 | [RPC] Split signrawtransaction into wallet and non-wallet RPC command by achow101 · Pull Request #10579 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
519 2017-10-19T19:32:26  <wumpus> or alternatively, everyone should be reviewing 0.15.0.2 PRs
520 2017-10-19T19:32:46  <achow101> that too
521 2017-10-19T19:33:09  <wumpus> we have kind of a strict deadline there
522 2017-10-19T19:35:01  *** SopaXorzTaker has quit IRC
523 2017-10-19T19:35:54  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
524 2017-10-19T19:36:08  *** jb55 has quit IRC
525 2017-10-19T19:40:28  *** goksinen has quit IRC
526 2017-10-19T19:49:11  *** ecurrencyhodler_ has quit IRC
527 2017-10-19T19:49:13  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
528 2017-10-19T19:53:32  *** goksinen has quit IRC
529 2017-10-19T20:03:42  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
530 2017-10-19T20:05:39  *** jb55 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
531 2017-10-19T20:07:34  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
532 2017-10-19T20:08:00  *** quantbot_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
533 2017-10-19T20:10:02  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
534 2017-10-19T20:12:00  *** goksinen has quit IRC
535 2017-10-19T20:13:03  *** Lauda has quit IRC
536 2017-10-19T20:13:03  *** Cheeseo has quit IRC
537 2017-10-19T20:16:20  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
538 2017-10-19T20:16:33  *** Lauda has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
539 2017-10-19T20:18:22  *** jb55 has quit IRC
540 2017-10-19T20:20:50  *** goksinen has quit IRC
541 2017-10-19T20:21:28  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #11530: Add share/rpcuser to dist. source code archive (master...Mf1710-distShare) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11530
542 2017-10-19T20:23:22  *** jb55 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
543 2017-10-19T20:35:24  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
544 2017-10-19T20:36:54  *** PaulCapestany has quit IRC
545 2017-10-19T20:37:27  *** mightyminnie has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
546 2017-10-19T20:40:04  *** goksinen has quit IRC
547 2017-10-19T20:42:07  *** mightyminnie has quit IRC
548 2017-10-19T20:51:10  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
549 2017-10-19T20:54:08  *** Banzai10 has quit IRC
550 2017-10-19T20:56:10  *** goksinen has quit IRC
551 2017-10-19T20:57:35  *** shesek has quit IRC
552 2017-10-19T20:59:21  *** Banzai10 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
553 2017-10-19T21:00:37  *** Banzai10 has quit IRC
554 2017-10-19T21:00:56  *** Magma has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
555 2017-10-19T21:02:19  <earlz> In GetTime(), it uses time(NULL)'s result directly. The returned value doesn't appear to be standard guaranteed to be UTC/unix time though. Shouldn't GetTime use gmtime or something similar to correct ofr this?
556 2017-10-19T21:03:36  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
557 2017-10-19T21:08:14  *** goksinen has quit IRC
558 2017-10-19T21:08:30  *** Banzai10 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
559 2017-10-19T21:09:27  *** Dizzle has quit IRC
560 2017-10-19T21:09:52  *** Banzai10 has quit IRC
561 2017-10-19T21:12:04  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
562 2017-10-19T21:15:52  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] TheBlueMatt opened pull request #11531: Check that new headers are not a descendant of an invalid block (more effeciently) (master...2017-10-cache-invalid-indexes) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11531
563 2017-10-19T21:17:16  *** Banzai10 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
564 2017-10-19T21:18:41  *** Banzai10 has quit IRC
565 2017-10-19T21:21:17  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
566 2017-10-19T21:21:26  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
567 2017-10-19T21:26:12  *** goksinen has quit IRC
568 2017-10-19T21:26:26  *** Banzai10 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
569 2017-10-19T21:36:43  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
570 2017-10-19T21:41:10  *** goksinen has quit IRC
571 2017-10-19T21:53:13  *** PaulCapestany has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
572 2017-10-19T21:54:03  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
573 2017-10-19T21:56:48  *** Cogito_Ergo_Sum has quit IRC
574 2017-10-19T21:57:24  *** griswaalt[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
575 2017-10-19T21:57:47  *** PaulCapestany has quit IRC
576 2017-10-19T21:58:45  *** goksinen has quit IRC
577 2017-10-19T22:08:36  *** kewde[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
578 2017-10-19T22:08:38  *** herzmeister[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
579 2017-10-19T22:08:39  *** Masaomi[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
580 2017-10-19T22:12:04  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
581 2017-10-19T22:12:51  *** dcousens has quit IRC
582 2017-10-19T22:17:06  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
583 2017-10-19T22:17:18  *** goksinen has quit IRC
584 2017-10-19T22:18:36  *** wraithm has quit IRC
585 2017-10-19T22:24:53  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
586 2017-10-19T22:26:06  *** Banzai10 has quit IRC
587 2017-10-19T22:27:30  *** Banzai10 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
588 2017-10-19T22:29:18  *** goksinen has quit IRC
589 2017-10-19T22:32:24  *** Banzai10 has quit IRC
590 2017-10-19T22:36:55  *** Banzai10 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
591 2017-10-19T22:37:38  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
592 2017-10-19T22:38:09  <meshcollider> That should be added to 0.15.0.2 milestone ^
593 2017-10-19T22:38:16  *** Banzai10 has quit IRC
594 2017-10-19T22:42:01  *** goksinen has quit IRC
595 2017-10-19T22:43:54  *** jb55 has quit IRC
596 2017-10-19T22:49:55  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
597 2017-10-19T22:54:25  *** goksinen has quit IRC
598 2017-10-19T22:56:25  *** abpa has quit IRC
599 2017-10-19T22:57:06  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
600 2017-10-19T22:59:13  *** roadcrap has quit IRC
601 2017-10-19T23:03:26  *** jb55 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
602 2017-10-19T23:04:03  *** Banzai10 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
603 2017-10-19T23:04:27  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
604 2017-10-19T23:05:23  *** Banzai10 has quit IRC
605 2017-10-19T23:06:46  *** goatpig has quit IRC
606 2017-10-19T23:08:29  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
607 2017-10-19T23:13:05  *** goksinen has quit IRC
608 2017-10-19T23:13:08  *** Banzai10 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
609 2017-10-19T23:16:49  *** vicenteH has quit IRC
610 2017-10-19T23:19:24  *** Alkhara has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
611 2017-10-19T23:20:12  *** d_p_ has quit IRC
612 2017-10-19T23:20:18  <Alkhara> Anyone local to the Boston area?
613 2017-10-19T23:23:12  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
614 2017-10-19T23:24:14  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
615 2017-10-19T23:27:29  *** goksinen has quit IRC
616 2017-10-19T23:27:44  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
617 2017-10-19T23:29:03  *** d_p has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
618 2017-10-19T23:30:13  *** Aaronvan_ has quit IRC
619 2017-10-19T23:33:10  *** dabura667 has quit IRC
620 2017-10-19T23:36:46  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
621 2017-10-19T23:40:16  *** Banzai10 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
622 2017-10-19T23:40:57  *** goksinen has quit IRC
623 2017-10-19T23:41:37  *** Banzai10 has quit IRC
624 2017-10-19T23:55:11  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
625 2017-10-19T23:59:51  *** roadcrap has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
626 2017-10-19T23:59:57  *** goksinen has quit IRC