1 2017-12-28T00:33:35  *** qrestlove has quit IRC
  2 2017-12-28T00:39:42  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
  3 2017-12-28T00:43:44  *** jb55 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  4 2017-12-28T00:50:09  *** Murch has quit IRC
  5 2017-12-28T00:50:54  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  6 2017-12-28T00:53:39  *** digitalway has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  7 2017-12-28T00:54:26  *** motoxkx has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  8 2017-12-28T00:55:29  *** motoxkx has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  9 2017-12-28T00:56:41  *** dabura667 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 10 2017-12-28T01:05:06  *** Ylbam has quit IRC
 11 2017-12-28T01:09:01  *** profall has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 12 2017-12-28T01:10:43  *** motoxkx has quit IRC
 13 2017-12-28T01:11:08  *** motoxkx has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 14 2017-12-28T01:25:41  <achow101> are we having a meeting tomorrow?
 15 2017-12-28T01:45:05  *** moctos has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 16 2017-12-28T01:49:19  *** moctos has quit IRC
 17 2017-12-28T01:49:56  *** larafale has quit IRC
 18 2017-12-28T01:59:45  *** Cache_Money has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 19 2017-12-28T02:04:53  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 20 2017-12-28T02:06:06  *** Cache_Money has quit IRC
 21 2017-12-28T02:07:22  *** Cache_Money has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 22 2017-12-28T02:10:23  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
 23 2017-12-28T02:13:56  *** Lauda has quit IRC
 24 2017-12-28T02:16:08  *** Lauda has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 25 2017-12-28T02:22:23  *** adiabat has quit IRC
 26 2017-12-28T02:23:36  *** adiabat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 27 2017-12-28T02:42:00  *** alpha_red has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 28 2017-12-28T02:43:48  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
 29 2017-12-28T02:45:51  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 30 2017-12-28T02:49:35  *** mr_burdell has quit IRC
 31 2017-12-28T02:49:52  <echeveria> 2017-12-28 02:49:21.589437 Reindexing block file blk00854.dat...
 32 2017-12-28T02:49:53  <echeveria> 2017-12-28 02:49:23.455371 LoadExternalBlockFile: Deserialize or I/O error - Read attempted past buffer limit: unspecified iostream_category error
 33 2017-12-28T02:49:54  <echeveria> eh?
 34 2017-12-28T02:51:53  *** mr_burdell has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 35 2017-12-28T02:52:17  *** jb55 has quit IRC
 36 2017-12-28T02:56:27  <phantomcircuit> echeveria, disk failure i believe
 37 2017-12-28T02:57:17  <echeveria> looking at the block binaries there's a bunch which fell short of being full. maybe that happens during an unclean shutdown?
 38 2017-12-28T02:57:37  <phantomcircuit> shouldn't
 39 2017-12-28T02:57:54  <phantomcircuit> but i guess a very unclean shutdown could do that
 40 2017-12-28T02:58:22  <phantomcircuit> the blockindex won't point to those but the block file itself would have the partial write
 41 2017-12-28T02:59:40  <echeveria> I'll chalk that up to random corruption.
 42 2017-12-28T03:05:05  *** mr_burdell has quit IRC
 43 2017-12-28T03:06:03  *** mr_burdell has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 44 2017-12-28T03:06:39  *** motoxkx has quit IRC
 45 2017-12-28T03:10:40  *** alpha_red has quit IRC
 46 2017-12-28T03:12:45  *** moctos has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 47 2017-12-28T03:17:21  *** moctos has quit IRC
 48 2017-12-28T03:19:57  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 49 2017-12-28T03:20:33  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 50 2017-12-28T03:21:29  *** alpha_red has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 51 2017-12-28T03:25:51  *** alpha_red has quit IRC
 52 2017-12-28T03:28:32  *** belcher has quit IRC
 53 2017-12-28T03:33:01  *** d9b4bef9 has quit IRC
 54 2017-12-28T03:34:08  *** d9b4bef9 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 55 2017-12-28T03:52:08  *** jb55 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 56 2017-12-28T03:55:36  *** eenoch is now known as eenoch_
 57 2017-12-28T04:00:01  *** eenoch_ is now known as eenoch
 58 2017-12-28T04:00:36  *** eenoch is now known as eenoch_
 59 2017-12-28T04:01:49  *** eenoch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 60 2017-12-28T04:11:08  *** Varunram has quit IRC
 61 2017-12-28T04:11:08  *** Varunram has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 62 2017-12-28T04:11:08  *** Varunram has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 63 2017-12-28T04:15:06  *** nicktesla has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 64 2017-12-28T04:16:39  *** goatpig has quit IRC
 65 2017-12-28T04:17:00  *** mangoknight has quit IRC
 66 2017-12-28T04:32:23  *** goatpig has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 67 2017-12-28T04:38:43  *** mangoknight has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 68 2017-12-28T04:52:53  *** MrPaz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 69 2017-12-28T05:16:51  *** daniel1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 70 2017-12-28T05:20:23  *** daniel1 has quit IRC
 71 2017-12-28T05:24:19  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
 72 2017-12-28T05:27:21  *** go1111111 has quit IRC
 73 2017-12-28T05:34:07  *** mangoknight has quit IRC
 74 2017-12-28T05:37:17  *** mangoknight has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 75 2017-12-28T05:40:30  *** MrPaz has quit IRC
 76 2017-12-28T05:42:08  *** go1111111 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 77 2017-12-28T05:46:56  *** mangoknight has quit IRC
 78 2017-12-28T05:47:04  *** Murch has quit IRC
 79 2017-12-28T05:51:32  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 80 2017-12-28T05:55:43  *** Murch has quit IRC
 81 2017-12-28T05:56:14  *** mangoknight has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 82 2017-12-28T06:01:05  *** dgenr8 has quit IRC
 83 2017-12-28T06:02:02  *** dgenr8 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 84 2017-12-28T06:07:51  *** aj has quit IRC
 85 2017-12-28T06:08:06  *** aj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 86 2017-12-28T06:16:37  *** obzen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 87 2017-12-28T06:17:25  *** obzen has quit IRC
 88 2017-12-28T06:22:01  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 89 2017-12-28T06:25:55  *** AegisAttack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 90 2017-12-28T06:26:56  *** Murch has quit IRC
 91 2017-12-28T06:28:17  *** jb55 has quit IRC
 92 2017-12-28T06:39:53  *** mangoknight has quit IRC
 93 2017-12-28T06:44:49  *** t0adst00l has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 94 2017-12-28T06:49:40  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 95 2017-12-28T06:49:53  *** mangoknight has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 96 2017-12-28T06:52:26  *** t0adst00l has quit IRC
 97 2017-12-28T06:53:27  *** mangoknight has quit IRC
 98 2017-12-28T07:07:37  *** t0adst00l has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 99 2017-12-28T07:20:47  *** mangoknight has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
100 2017-12-28T07:28:04  *** degenorate has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
101 2017-12-28T07:31:38  *** AegisAttack has quit IRC
102 2017-12-28T07:32:39  *** smilpent has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
103 2017-12-28T07:36:31  *** goatpig has quit IRC
104 2017-12-28T07:39:20  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
105 2017-12-28T07:43:59  *** Murch has quit IRC
106 2017-12-28T08:00:36  *** t0adst00l has quit IRC
107 2017-12-28T08:01:05  *** t0adst00l has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
108 2017-12-28T08:02:25  *** dcousens has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
109 2017-12-28T08:12:26  *** mangoknight has quit IRC
110 2017-12-28T08:14:20  *** karanlearns has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
111 2017-12-28T08:26:01  *** Emcy_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
112 2017-12-28T08:28:45  *** Emcy has quit IRC
113 2017-12-28T08:36:12  *** MrPaz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
114 2017-12-28T08:38:34  *** t0adst00l has quit IRC
115 2017-12-28T08:40:49  *** MrPaz has quit IRC
116 2017-12-28T08:41:55  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
117 2017-12-28T08:49:04  *** karanlearns has quit IRC
118 2017-12-28T08:54:38  *** t0adst00l has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
119 2017-12-28T09:00:28  *** petertodd has quit IRC
120 2017-12-28T09:01:28  *** petertodd has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
121 2017-12-28T09:12:42  *** alf1 has quit IRC
122 2017-12-28T09:13:24  *** t0adst00l has quit IRC
123 2017-12-28T09:16:12  *** galapagos has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
124 2017-12-28T09:53:03  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
125 2017-12-28T10:01:36  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
126 2017-12-28T10:15:51  *** karanlearns has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
127 2017-12-28T10:15:57  <karanlearns> hi
128 2017-12-28T10:16:29  <karanlearns> when i run make - where is the so file bitcoin-qt generated . is it the one in /usr/bin or the one in src folder
129 2017-12-28T10:20:01  *** galapagos has quit IRC
130 2017-12-28T10:21:24  <karanlearns> arubi: on running make where is the bitcoin-qt so file made ? is it in /usr/bin or the one in src folder ?
131 2017-12-28T10:23:39  *** Johan__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
132 2017-12-28T10:28:29  <luke-jr> karanlearns: user questions in #bitcoin
133 2017-12-28T10:30:34  *** Johan__ has quit IRC
134 2017-12-28T10:37:16  *** rubensayshi has quit IRC
135 2017-12-28T10:37:36  *** rubensayshi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
136 2017-12-28T10:37:51  *** robby938 has quit IRC
137 2017-12-28T10:37:54  *** derbumi has quit IRC
138 2017-12-28T10:37:58  *** wallet42 has quit IRC
139 2017-12-28T10:38:44  <karanlearns> luke-jr: i cannot join bitcoin channel, i get switched to bitcoin-unregistered although i have registered.  this question is in continuation of my discussion from yesterday do - please accomodate.
140 2017-12-28T10:38:57  *** robby938 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
141 2017-12-28T10:38:57  *** derbumi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
142 2017-12-28T10:39:07  *** wallet42 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
143 2017-12-28T10:47:29  *** karanlearns has quit IRC
144 2017-12-28T10:49:42  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
145 2017-12-28T10:52:28  *** promag has quit IRC
146 2017-12-28T10:54:30  *** karanlearns has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
147 2017-12-28T10:54:53  <karanlearns> Hi
148 2017-12-28T10:55:47  <karanlearns> I tried cd depends , make , cd root , configure prefix = depends build dir , make , I got this error - https://pastebin.com/H1h0z4wY
149 2017-12-28T10:56:01  <luke-jr> karanlearns: you're not presently identified with NickServ
150 2017-12-28T10:56:32  <luke-jr> karanlearns: and just because you might not have access to a better place to ask questions, does not justify asking them here
151 2017-12-28T10:59:25  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
152 2017-12-28T10:59:58  <karanlearns> rafalcpp: https://pastebin.com/H1h0z4wY
153 2017-12-28T11:00:26  <karanlearns> luke-jr: sorry. please forgive.
154 2017-12-28T11:02:04  <karanlearns> arubi: hey . i got this https://pastebin.com/H1h0z4wY
155 2017-12-28T11:09:38  <sipa> karanlearns: not here, please
156 2017-12-28T11:16:45  *** larafale has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
157 2017-12-28T11:20:11  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
158 2017-12-28T11:24:15  *** Murch has quit IRC
159 2017-12-28T11:27:27  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
160 2017-12-28T11:28:06  *** promag has quit IRC
161 2017-12-28T11:44:04  *** karanlearns has quit IRC
162 2017-12-28T11:55:19  <zelest> morning
163 2017-12-28T12:02:55  *** dabura667 has quit IRC
164 2017-12-28T12:15:39  *** finkan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
165 2017-12-28T12:51:54  *** SopaXorzTaker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
166 2017-12-28T13:18:06  *** finkan has quit IRC
167 2017-12-28T13:19:01  *** SopaXorzTaker has quit IRC
168 2017-12-28T13:19:52  *** SopaXorzTaker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
169 2017-12-28T13:20:46  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
170 2017-12-28T13:23:48  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
171 2017-12-28T13:25:34  *** Murch has quit IRC
172 2017-12-28T13:27:17  *** finkan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
173 2017-12-28T13:41:17  *** jb55 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
174 2017-12-28T13:43:04  *** finkan has quit IRC
175 2017-12-28T13:45:33  *** Cheeseo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
176 2017-12-28T14:08:41  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
177 2017-12-28T14:14:20  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
178 2017-12-28T14:29:21  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
179 2017-12-28T14:33:23  *** blackbaba has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
180 2017-12-28T14:34:03  *** blackbaba has quit IRC
181 2017-12-28T14:35:21  *** blackbaba has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
182 2017-12-28T14:37:12  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
183 2017-12-28T14:42:11  *** finkan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
184 2017-12-28T14:43:33  *** go1111111 has quit IRC
185 2017-12-28T14:43:41  *** SopaXorzTaker has quit IRC
186 2017-12-28T14:51:35  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] lionello opened pull request #12040: fix: add support for CORS headers and pre-flight request (master...http-options-pre-flight) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12040
187 2017-12-28T14:55:47  *** blackbaba has quit IRC
188 2017-12-28T15:04:03  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Zelest opened pull request #12041: doc: Rewrite the OpenBSD build instructions (master...openbsd-build-revamp) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12041
189 2017-12-28T15:04:09  * zelest hides in shame
190 2017-12-28T15:04:22  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
191 2017-12-28T15:15:14  *** nicktesla has quit IRC
192 2017-12-28T15:16:28  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
193 2017-12-28T15:23:07  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
194 2017-12-28T15:26:51  *** YellowSphere has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
195 2017-12-28T15:40:02  *** d9b4bef9 has quit IRC
196 2017-12-28T15:40:38  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
197 2017-12-28T15:41:09  *** d9b4bef9 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
198 2017-12-28T15:41:13  *** CubicEar_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
199 2017-12-28T15:42:46  *** YellowSphere has quit IRC
200 2017-12-28T15:43:57  *** YellowSphere has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
201 2017-12-28T15:44:41  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
202 2017-12-28T15:56:26  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
203 2017-12-28T16:02:19  *** blaisew has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
204 2017-12-28T16:04:28  *** blaisew has quit IRC
205 2017-12-28T16:10:03  *** Kozuch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
206 2017-12-28T16:14:13  *** YellowSphere has quit IRC
207 2017-12-28T16:15:59  *** finkan has quit IRC
208 2017-12-28T16:17:00  *** pkx2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
209 2017-12-28T16:25:58  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
210 2017-12-28T16:28:14  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
211 2017-12-28T16:31:45  *** pkx2 has quit IRC
212 2017-12-28T16:43:00  *** wxss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
213 2017-12-28T16:47:16  *** finkan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
214 2017-12-28T16:54:36  *** pkx2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
215 2017-12-28T16:54:38  *** Sentineo_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
216 2017-12-28T16:56:34  *** Sentineo_ is now known as Sentineo
217 2017-12-28T16:58:52  *** Danilo__ has quit IRC
218 2017-12-28T17:00:59  *** goatpig has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
219 2017-12-28T17:09:59  *** Cogito_Ergo_Sum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
220 2017-12-28T17:09:59  *** Cogito_Ergo_Sum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
221 2017-12-28T17:28:59  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
222 2017-12-28T17:32:15  *** owowo has quit IRC
223 2017-12-28T17:34:13  <provoostenator> sipa: regarding #3220, rather than using a wallet, would it make sense to create a new persistent wallet-ish datastructure that is specifically designed to track a set of outputs?
224 2017-12-28T17:34:14  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/3220 | Getrawtransaction working partially without -txindex is confusing · Issue #3220 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
225 2017-12-28T17:37:07  <sipa> provoostenator: perhaps!
226 2017-12-28T17:37:14  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
227 2017-12-28T17:37:49  <sipa> sorry if i'm sounding grumpy there, but all these use cases assuming access to the historical blockchain at all is available kind of annoy me
228 2017-12-28T17:38:09  <sipa> it's using the easy totally unscalable approach out of laziness
229 2017-12-28T17:39:33  <provoostenator> I don't mind grumpiness. Just trying to figure out what the right division of labor should be between the Core node and layer 2 stuff.
230 2017-12-28T17:39:53  <provoostenator> Especially if there's still an opportunity to get a small but useful change into 0.16 while Lightning is also still in alpha.
231 2017-12-28T17:40:27  <provoostenator> I'm also still trying to understand what exactly these lightning implementations need that an unindexed node can't provide.
232 2017-12-28T17:40:45  <sipa> i don't mind helping out - but relying on everyone indexing everything and keeping it around just to being able to query 2 transactions from it later
233 2017-12-28T17:40:53  <sipa> seems a bit silly
234 2017-12-28T17:41:12  <provoostenator> Especially if you already know the outputs to keep track of.
235 2017-12-28T17:41:46  <provoostenator> Which by definition you do if you know  which tx ids you want to track.
236 2017-12-28T17:42:47  <provoostenator> Maybe this new data structure can watch for either outputs or specific transactions (don't know if the latter makes things easier).
237 2017-12-28T17:44:05  *** Randolf has quit IRC
238 2017-12-28T17:53:21  <provoostenator> I also wonder how c-lightning works and if it really doesn't need txindex=1 (there's no getrawtransaction in the codebase). I'll take it for a spin.
239 2017-12-28T17:58:56  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
240 2017-12-28T17:59:45  <jb55> provoostenator: you have to paste the raw tx via the cli
241 2017-12-28T18:00:22  <jb55> as described here https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning#opening-a-channel-on-the-bitcoin-testnet
242 2017-12-28T18:02:31  <provoostenator> jb55: that's just for funding the wallet right, not for opening a channel and monitoring for unilateral close by the other side?
243 2017-12-28T18:03:44  <provoostenator> jb55 let's head over to #c-lightning for those details...
244 2017-12-28T18:11:03  *** hirishaway is now known as hirish
245 2017-12-28T18:23:40  *** galapagos has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
246 2017-12-28T18:30:57  *** larafale has quit IRC
247 2017-12-28T18:39:31  *** CubicEar_ has quit IRC
248 2017-12-28T18:43:29  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
249 2017-12-28T18:49:35  *** jb55 has quit IRC
250 2017-12-28T18:56:21  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
251 2017-12-28T18:56:24  *** clarkmoody has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
252 2017-12-28T19:00:16  <meshcollider> Is there a meeting today?
253 2017-12-28T19:00:20  <jonasschnelli> no sure
254 2017-12-28T19:00:25  <jonasschnelli> Wlad said he's gone this week
255 2017-12-28T19:00:35  <jonasschnelli> We can start one if there are enough people around
256 2017-12-28T19:00:35  <provoostenator> Such decentralized...
257 2017-12-28T19:00:42  <jonasschnelli> :-)
258 2017-12-28T19:01:24  <cfields> hi
259 2017-12-28T19:02:00  <jonasschnelli> Meeting request: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr btcdrak sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag
260 2017-12-28T19:02:12  <kanzure> hi.
261 2017-12-28T19:02:52  <jonasschnelli> Should we cancel this weeks meeting? Seems not much people are around?
262 2017-12-28T19:02:59  <meshcollider> Doesn't look promising, yeah
263 2017-12-28T19:03:03  <achow101> Oh, there's a meeting?
264 2017-12-28T19:03:10  <provoostenator> Or just keep it short if anyone has a topic? I don't.
265 2017-12-28T19:03:17  <jonasschnelli> #startmeeting
266 2017-12-28T19:03:17  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Dec 28 19:03:17 2017 UTC.  The chair is jonasschnelli. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
267 2017-12-28T19:03:17  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
268 2017-12-28T19:03:24  <cfields> maybe a quick 15min meeting? I have one short topic, at least
269 2017-12-28T19:03:26  <achow101> Merge segwit wallet
270 2017-12-28T19:03:33  <meshcollider> Ok :)
271 2017-12-28T19:03:40  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
272 2017-12-28T19:03:46  <jonasschnelli> cfields: you have the stage
273 2017-12-28T19:04:14  <sipa> i'm at 34C3 with MarkoFalke and BlueMatt
274 2017-12-28T19:04:18  <cfields> just an update on the codesigning. I've got the csr just about figured out, we should get going on the key creation in parallel
275 2017-12-28T19:04:29  <jonasschnelli> #topic code signing
276 2017-12-28T19:04:46  <jonasschnelli> cfields: can you write a short gist/docu how to proceed?
277 2017-12-28T19:04:47  <cfields> ^^ is mainly aimed at gmaxwell, i guess
278 2017-12-28T19:04:50  <achow101> Who are going to hold the keys?
279 2017-12-28T19:05:12  <jonasschnelli> achow101: It will be distributed amoung some devs
280 2017-12-28T19:05:33  <jonasschnelli> though, at least for apple, who ever holds the login access, can revoke and re-do the cert
281 2017-12-28T19:05:46  <sipa> one step at a time
282 2017-12-28T19:05:52  <jonasschnelli> So partially a clown show in terms of user security,.. though we should still do it
283 2017-12-28T19:06:07  *** owowo has quit IRC
284 2017-12-28T19:06:09  <cfields> jonasschnelli: as far as i can tell, we'll just need to use *procedure* for the setup, grab the pubkey, shove it into the csr, and submit to apple
285 2017-12-28T19:06:51  <jonasschnelli> cfields: okay. Someone needs to coordinate whos going to create (be a part) a key and who does create the csr
286 2017-12-28T19:07:09  <jonasschnelli> I can submit the csr and get back with the provisioning file, etc.
287 2017-12-28T19:07:22  * jonasschnelli has no clue how to do this for windows signing cert
288 2017-12-28T19:07:44  <cfields> jonasschnelli: i'm working on a quick prog to generate the csr from the pubkey, just have to work out exactly which parts get hashed
289 2017-12-28T19:07:56  <provoostenator> Is this a threshold thing or do you need _all_ particpants for everything you do in the future?
290 2017-12-28T19:08:01  <cfields> fyi, our cert expires on Jan 11, so the apple key is the priority
291 2017-12-28T19:08:09  <jonasschnelli> provoostenator: it's a one time thing
292 2017-12-28T19:08:15  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
293 2017-12-28T19:08:19  <cfields> provoostenator: threshold
294 2017-12-28T19:08:25  <jonasschnelli> cfields: oh. Yes. The expiration!
295 2017-12-28T19:08:35  <jonasschnelli> So thanks then for beeing behind it.
296 2017-12-28T19:08:40  <provoostenator> Happy to help geneate the key regardless.
297 2017-12-28T19:08:52  <jonasschnelli> I expect the already signed binaries do still validate after jan 11th?
298 2017-12-28T19:09:02  <cfields> jonasschnelli: if it's possible to have more than one at a time, it might be wise to go ahead and request one in only your name
299 2017-12-28T19:09:16  <jonasschnelli> cfields: I can do that...
300 2017-12-28T19:09:16  <cfields> then we could revoke it assuming we got the other one going
301 2017-12-28T19:09:27  <meshcollider> Just in case we don't get it done in time?
302 2017-12-28T19:09:35  <cfields> but that would save us in case we get tripped up and don't have it ready in time
303 2017-12-28T19:09:36  <cfields> yea
304 2017-12-28T19:09:38  <jonasschnelli> I think already signed binaries are not affected,... it's just the new 0.16 release that needs the new cert
305 2017-12-28T19:09:50  <cfields> jonasschnelli: yes, they're timestamped
306 2017-12-28T19:10:18  <jonasschnelli> So we need a cert for the 0.16 release... making one where I hold the key is a 5min thing... that's always possible
307 2017-12-28T19:10:49  <cfields> jonasschnelli: great, thanks
308 2017-12-28T19:10:59  <cfields> ok, that's all from me
309 2017-12-28T19:11:06  <meshcollider> We could just release 0.16 before the 11th :)
310 2017-12-28T19:11:13  <jonasschnelli> Other topics?
311 2017-12-28T19:11:28  <jonasschnelli> meshcollider: heh.. yeah... but I'm happy if "Bitcoin Foundation" is gone in 0.16.
312 2017-12-28T19:11:41  <jonasschnelli> I mean gone from our OSX/Windows binaries
313 2017-12-28T19:11:46  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jeromer opened pull request #12042: Add hdenabled flag in getwalletinfo (master...getwalletinfo/hdenabledflag) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12042
314 2017-12-28T19:12:05  <meshcollider> jonasschnelli: yep :) no other topics from me
315 2017-12-28T19:12:11  <jonasschnelli> [09:03:27]  <achow101>	Merge segwit wallet?
316 2017-12-28T19:12:14  <cfields> jonasschnelli: oh, remind me and I'll sign some message with the old key containing the new pubkey
317 2017-12-28T19:12:27  <jonasschnelli> I think that needs to wait until we BlueMatt's points have been worked out?
318 2017-12-28T19:12:40  <jonasschnelli> cfields: Good point!
319 2017-12-28T19:12:56  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
320 2017-12-28T19:12:56  <jonasschnelli> cfields: where would you pubish that?
321 2017-12-28T19:12:56  <provoostenator> If there's still a lot of outstanding issues, are there parts of that PR than can get merged earlier?
322 2017-12-28T19:13:23  <cfields> jonasschnelli: we can stick it in git next to the new pubkey
323 2017-12-28T19:13:34  <meshcollider> provoostenator: I think sipa wanted to leave most of the points raised for a follow-up PR yeah
324 2017-12-28T19:13:40  <jonasschnelli> provoostenator: I need to catch up there,... I think at some point, a merge can be done even when there are some minor points to fix later
325 2017-12-28T19:14:10  <jonasschnelli> I guess the main trigger for a merge is when BlueMatt's points are done (maybe they are already) and sipa thinks it's ready
326 2017-12-28T19:14:17  <jonasschnelli> But that will happen next year
327 2017-12-28T19:14:21  <jonasschnelli> (IMO)
328 2017-12-28T19:14:30  *** ovovo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
329 2017-12-28T19:14:30  *** ovovo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
330 2017-12-28T19:15:20  <provoostenator> It might be easier to review if all the stuff that BlueMatt is already happy with can get merged earlier?
331 2017-12-28T19:15:22  <sipa> i'd like an avkby BlueMatt
332 2017-12-28T19:15:26  <sipa> *ack by
333 2017-12-28T19:15:33  *** lvmbdv has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
334 2017-12-28T19:15:35  <jonasschnelli> sipa: yes. Agree
335 2017-12-28T19:15:38  <provoostenator> But maybe that's impractical to tease apart.
336 2017-12-28T19:16:03  <sipa> it could be merged commit by commit
337 2017-12-28T19:16:06  <jonasschnelli> provoostenator: Yes. Involves some risks,.. and may need aditional reviews...
338 2017-12-28T19:16:17  <sipa> though the biggest part is really just one commit
339 2017-12-28T19:16:21  <provoostenator> Alright, giant atomic change it is :-)
340 2017-12-28T19:16:33  <sipa> it's not giant by any metric
341 2017-12-28T19:17:05  <jonasschnelli> Yes. Let's try to get an ack from BlueMatt, merge it in a whole, and do fixups later...
342 2017-12-28T19:17:45  *** owowo has quit IRC
343 2017-12-28T19:18:17  <jonasschnelli> Other topics?
344 2017-12-28T19:19:15  <jonasschnelli> #endmeeting
345 2017-12-28T19:19:15  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Dec 28 19:19:15 2017 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
346 2017-12-28T19:19:15  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2017/bitcoin-core-dev.2017-12-28-19.03.html
347 2017-12-28T19:19:15  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2017/bitcoin-core-dev.2017-12-28-19.03.txt
348 2017-12-28T19:19:15  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2017/bitcoin-core-dev.2017-12-28-19.03.log.html
349 2017-12-28T19:19:16  * zelest looks from the corner of the room
350 2017-12-28T19:19:19  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
351 2017-12-28T19:19:55  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
352 2017-12-28T19:20:15  <cfields> thanks for taking the lead, jonasschnelli :)
353 2017-12-28T19:20:21  *** cryptapus has quit IRC
354 2017-12-28T19:20:27  <jonasschnelli> np
355 2017-12-28T19:20:28  *** cryptapus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
356 2017-12-28T19:20:28  *** cryptapus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
357 2017-12-28T19:29:29  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
358 2017-12-28T19:29:46  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
359 2017-12-28T19:32:29  *** ovovo is now known as owowo
360 2017-12-28T19:34:04  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
361 2017-12-28T19:35:26  *** clarkmoody has quit IRC
362 2017-12-28T19:38:38  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
363 2017-12-28T19:39:14  *** Ylbam has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
364 2017-12-28T19:45:54  *** jb55 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
365 2017-12-28T19:46:52  <achow101> do we know how/have software that can do more than just 3 of 3?
366 2017-12-28T19:46:53  <achow101> the think that gmaxwell pointed me to only works for 3 of 3.
367 2017-12-28T19:49:54  *** jo__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
368 2017-12-28T19:50:09  <jo__> hi
369 2017-12-28T19:50:11  <jo__> anyone here
370 2017-12-28T19:57:44  *** Seven_ has quit IRC
371 2017-12-28T19:58:22  <sipa> no
372 2017-12-28T20:00:44  <Chris_Stewart_5> -brought to you by sipabot(TM)
373 2017-12-28T20:11:21  <zelest> hehe
374 2017-12-28T20:12:06  <zelest> might be insulting to ask, but i'll ask anyway.. when is 0.16 scheduled to be released? :)
375 2017-12-28T20:13:19  *** jo__ has quit IRC
376 2017-12-28T20:20:34  *** YellowSphere has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
377 2017-12-28T20:20:40  <Randolf> zelest:  It will be released when it's ready.
378 2017-12-28T20:20:56  <zelest> ah, the perfect answer. thanks :)
379 2017-12-28T20:31:39  *** bob___ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
380 2017-12-28T20:32:15  <bob___> o_O
381 2017-12-28T20:35:31  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
382 2017-12-28T20:35:35  <sipa> O_o
383 2017-12-28T20:41:26  *** jb55 has quit IRC
384 2017-12-28T20:43:39  *** bob___ has quit IRC
385 2017-12-28T20:47:22  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
386 2017-12-28T20:48:12  *** belcher has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
387 2017-12-28T20:48:31  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
388 2017-12-28T21:01:59  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
389 2017-12-28T21:01:59  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
390 2017-12-28T21:02:04  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
391 2017-12-28T21:18:38  *** riemann has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
392 2017-12-28T21:38:12  *** hirish is now known as hirishaway
393 2017-12-28T21:39:28  *** midnightmagic has quit IRC
394 2017-12-28T21:39:51  *** lrvick has quit IRC
395 2017-12-28T21:39:57  *** adiabat has quit IRC
396 2017-12-28T21:45:35  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
397 2017-12-28T21:45:48  *** midnightmagic has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
398 2017-12-28T21:46:27  *** adiabat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
399 2017-12-28T21:49:06  *** owowo has quit IRC
400 2017-12-28T21:50:24  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
401 2017-12-28T21:53:44  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
402 2017-12-28T21:54:45  *** lrvick has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
403 2017-12-28T22:00:05  *** christiandbf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
404 2017-12-28T22:00:42  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
405 2017-12-28T22:00:43  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
406 2017-12-28T22:00:56  *** YellowSphere has quit IRC
407 2017-12-28T22:01:01  *** christiandbf has quit IRC
408 2017-12-28T22:12:31  *** lrvick has quit IRC
409 2017-12-28T22:31:05  *** lrvick has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
410 2017-12-28T22:33:24  *** galapagos has quit IRC
411 2017-12-28T22:38:11  *** Kozuch has quit IRC
412 2017-12-28T22:38:42  *** davec has quit IRC
413 2017-12-28T22:48:59  *** galapagos has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
414 2017-12-28T22:49:44  *** contrapumpkin is now known as OriginalBankster
415 2017-12-28T22:52:31  *** OriginalBankster is now known as contrapumpkin
416 2017-12-28T22:54:05  *** Randolf has quit IRC
417 2017-12-28T23:09:51  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
418 2017-12-28T23:15:07  *** Pavle has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
419 2017-12-28T23:18:45  *** Cheeseo has quit IRC
420 2017-12-28T23:19:33  *** arubi has quit IRC
421 2017-12-28T23:21:40  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
422 2017-12-28T23:24:43  *** Kozuch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
423 2017-12-28T23:24:43  *** arubi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
424 2017-12-28T23:24:51  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
425 2017-12-28T23:31:50  *** Cogito_Ergo_Sum has quit IRC
426 2017-12-28T23:34:15  *** riemann has quit IRC
427 2017-12-28T23:34:42  *** Pavle has quit IRC
428 2017-12-28T23:35:52  *** wxss has quit IRC
429 2017-12-28T23:41:31  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
430 2017-12-28T23:43:48  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
431 2017-12-28T23:45:23  *** Aaronvan_ is now known as AaronvanW
432 2017-12-28T23:53:03  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
433 2017-12-28T23:56:56  *** galapagos has quit IRC
434 2017-12-28T23:57:59  <warren> To whom it may concern, somebody wrote this in a random channel: "ehm, dunno if im right here, i stumbled upon a severe translation error in bitcoincoreWallet..at the transaction window, " abandon transaction" has been translated with " transaktion einstellen" - well this means exactly the opposite in german, something like: enter transaction into database,ledger - the better translation imo would be: " transaktion senden einstellen"...