1 2018-01-18T00:09:30  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
   2 2018-01-18T00:16:00  *** Scrat has quit IRC
   3 2018-01-18T00:18:42  *** aj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
   4 2018-01-18T00:26:00  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
   5 2018-01-18T00:26:49  *** keks has quit IRC
   6 2018-01-18T00:29:00  *** jojeyh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
   7 2018-01-18T00:31:39  *** Arise2 is now known as AriseChikun
   8 2018-01-18T00:38:16  *** vicenteH has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
   9 2018-01-18T00:43:44  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
  10 2018-01-18T00:48:31  <promag> feeling alone here
  11 2018-01-18T00:49:33  <promag> #12153 is also sad
  12 2018-01-18T00:49:35  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12153 | Avoid permanent cs_main lock in getblockheader by promag · Pull Request #12153 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
  13 2018-01-18T00:50:21  *** larafale has quit IRC
  14 2018-01-18T00:51:06  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  15 2018-01-18T00:51:38  *** hirish is now known as hirishaway
  16 2018-01-18T00:52:24  *** lio175456 has quit IRC
  17 2018-01-18T00:54:08  *** wraithm has quit IRC
  18 2018-01-18T00:54:49  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
  19 2018-01-18T00:55:42  *** lio175456 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  20 2018-01-18T00:57:37  *** dabura667 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  21 2018-01-18T01:00:03  *** bule2 has quit IRC
  22 2018-01-18T01:00:04  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
  23 2018-01-18T01:00:04  *** intcat has quit IRC
  24 2018-01-18T01:00:04  *** dermoth has quit IRC
  25 2018-01-18T01:00:04  *** echelon has quit IRC
  26 2018-01-18T01:00:04  *** arubi has quit IRC
  27 2018-01-18T01:02:42  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  28 2018-01-18T01:04:33  *** lio175456 has quit IRC
  29 2018-01-18T01:04:53  *** lio17 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  30 2018-01-18T01:05:40  *** lio17 has quit IRC
  31 2018-01-18T01:07:03  *** lio17 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  32 2018-01-18T01:07:17  *** Randolf has quit IRC
  33 2018-01-18T01:07:46  *** dabura667_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  34 2018-01-18T01:07:48  *** dabura667 has quit IRC
  35 2018-01-18T01:17:03  *** kexkey has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  36 2018-01-18T01:18:43  *** PiedPiper has quit IRC
  37 2018-01-18T01:27:10  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  38 2018-01-18T01:41:05  *** lio17 has quit IRC
  39 2018-01-18T01:54:41  *** Randolf has quit IRC
  40 2018-01-18T01:55:15  *** profall has quit IRC
  41 2018-01-18T01:55:15  *** sipa has quit IRC
  42 2018-01-18T01:55:15  *** kanzure has quit IRC
  43 2018-01-18T01:55:15  *** jrayhawk has quit IRC
  44 2018-01-18T01:55:16  *** Masaomi[m] has quit IRC
  45 2018-01-18T01:55:17  *** kewde[m] has quit IRC
  46 2018-01-18T01:55:17  *** xHire has quit IRC
  47 2018-01-18T01:55:17  *** flotwig has quit IRC
  48 2018-01-18T01:55:17  *** Vortiago has quit IRC
  49 2018-01-18T01:55:17  *** Bosma has quit IRC
  50 2018-01-18T01:55:17  *** nOgAnOo has quit IRC
  51 2018-01-18T01:55:17  *** aspect_ has quit IRC
  52 2018-01-18T01:55:17  *** jouke__ has quit IRC
  53 2018-01-18T01:55:18  *** ryanofsky has quit IRC
  54 2018-01-18T01:55:18  *** Soligor has quit IRC
  55 2018-01-18T01:55:18  *** schnerchi has quit IRC
  56 2018-01-18T01:55:27  *** schnerchi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  57 2018-01-18T01:55:27  *** xHire has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  58 2018-01-18T01:55:28  *** kanzure has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  59 2018-01-18T01:55:33  *** flotwig has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  60 2018-01-18T01:55:34  *** Vortiago has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  61 2018-01-18T01:55:34  *** sipa has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  62 2018-01-18T01:55:34  *** jouke_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  63 2018-01-18T01:55:52  *** Soligor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  64 2018-01-18T01:55:55  *** ryanofsky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  65 2018-01-18T01:56:01  *** aspect_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  66 2018-01-18T01:56:24  *** profall has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  67 2018-01-18T01:56:34  *** Bosma has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  68 2018-01-18T01:56:47  *** nOgAnOo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  69 2018-01-18T01:57:35  *** Masaomi[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  70 2018-01-18T01:57:50  *** kewde[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  71 2018-01-18T02:00:26  *** jrayhawk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  72 2018-01-18T02:08:35  *** eenoch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  73 2018-01-18T02:09:50  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
  74 2018-01-18T02:10:29  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  75 2018-01-18T02:11:27  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  76 2018-01-18T02:13:44  *** arubi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  77 2018-01-18T02:20:27  *** jb55 has quit IRC
  78 2018-01-18T02:22:25  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  79 2018-01-18T02:23:23  *** echelon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  80 2018-01-18T02:28:53  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
  81 2018-01-18T02:32:46  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
  82 2018-01-18T02:35:48  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
  83 2018-01-18T02:35:48  *** arubi has quit IRC
  84 2018-01-18T02:35:48  *** echelon has quit IRC
  85 2018-01-18T02:40:32  *** CubicEar_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  86 2018-01-18T02:43:27  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
  87 2018-01-18T02:45:09  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  88 2018-01-18T02:46:29  *** satwo has quit IRC
  89 2018-01-18T02:46:33  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
  90 2018-01-18T02:49:43  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  91 2018-01-18T02:49:58  *** arubi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  92 2018-01-18T02:50:12  *** echelon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  93 2018-01-18T02:57:35  *** Rodolfo42Boehm has quit IRC
  94 2018-01-18T03:04:29  *** lio17 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  95 2018-01-18T03:04:59  *** jb55 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  96 2018-01-18T03:05:55  *** Vortiago has quit IRC
  97 2018-01-18T03:07:10  *** AriseChikun has quit IRC
  98 2018-01-18T03:07:32  *** AriseChikun has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  99 2018-01-18T03:13:14  *** Lorna68Becker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 100 2018-01-18T03:17:57  *** Lorna68Becker has quit IRC
 101 2018-01-18T03:20:26  *** intcat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 102 2018-01-18T03:24:26  *** mrannanay has quit IRC
 103 2018-01-18T03:29:44  *** justan0theruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 104 2018-01-18T03:30:05  *** klow has quit IRC
 105 2018-01-18T03:30:05  *** mturquette has quit IRC
 106 2018-01-18T03:30:05  *** jl2012 has quit IRC
 107 2018-01-18T03:30:07  *** echeveria has quit IRC
 108 2018-01-18T03:30:07  *** robby938 has quit IRC
 109 2018-01-18T03:30:07  *** rubensayshi has quit IRC
 110 2018-01-18T03:30:07  *** ibrightly has quit IRC
 111 2018-01-18T03:30:07  *** pindarhk_ has quit IRC
 112 2018-01-18T03:30:08  *** lari has quit IRC
 113 2018-01-18T03:30:08  *** sjums has quit IRC
 114 2018-01-18T03:30:08  *** cncr04s has quit IRC
 115 2018-01-18T03:30:08  *** bitbee has quit IRC
 116 2018-01-18T03:30:08  *** adam3us has quit IRC
 117 2018-01-18T03:30:08  *** jonasschnelli has quit IRC
 118 2018-01-18T03:30:24  *** echeveria has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 119 2018-01-18T03:30:24  *** sjums has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 120 2018-01-18T03:30:31  *** lari has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 121 2018-01-18T03:30:35  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
 122 2018-01-18T03:30:53  *** bitbee has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 123 2018-01-18T03:31:01  *** mturquette has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 124 2018-01-18T03:31:07  *** rubensayshi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 125 2018-01-18T03:31:14  *** pindarhk_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 126 2018-01-18T03:31:15  *** jl2012 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 127 2018-01-18T03:31:31  *** robby938 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 128 2018-01-18T03:31:37  *** cncr04s has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 129 2018-01-18T03:31:41  *** klow has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 130 2018-01-18T03:31:50  *** ibrightly has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 131 2018-01-18T03:32:54  *** adam3us has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 132 2018-01-18T03:34:23  *** jonasschnelli has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 133 2018-01-18T03:47:02  <kallewoof> meshcollider: ah, good point. I forgot about it. will reopen #11489
 134 2018-01-18T03:47:04  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11489 | [wallet] sendtoaddress style argument by kallewoof · Pull Request #11489 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 135 2018-01-18T03:47:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] kallewoof reopened pull request #11489: [wallet] sendtoaddress style argument (master...201709_segwitwallet2_sendtoaddress) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11489
 136 2018-01-18T03:56:14  *** jtimon has quit IRC
 137 2018-01-18T03:56:41  *** wtabata has quit IRC
 138 2018-01-18T03:59:03  *** echeveria has quit IRC
 139 2018-01-18T03:59:10  *** echeveria has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 140 2018-01-18T04:00:12  *** damocles has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 141 2018-01-18T04:00:33  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achavala opened pull request #12214: added app files (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12214
 142 2018-01-18T04:00:57  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achavala closed pull request #12214: added app files (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12214
 143 2018-01-18T04:02:01  *** damocles has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 144 2018-01-18T04:02:14  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 145 2018-01-18T04:02:18  *** echeveria has quit IRC
 146 2018-01-18T04:02:25  *** echeveria has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 147 2018-01-18T04:02:27  *** hightitude has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 148 2018-01-18T04:06:41  *** echelon has quit IRC
 149 2018-01-18T04:06:48  *** wtabata has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 150 2018-01-18T04:10:45  *** AriseChikun has quit IRC
 151 2018-01-18T04:11:08  *** AriseChikun has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 152 2018-01-18T04:13:15  *** Hunter79Bartolet has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 153 2018-01-18T04:19:30  <jimpo> Can I get some review on #11857?
 154 2018-01-18T04:19:32  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11857 | Build tx index in parallel with validation by jimpo · Pull Request #11857 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 155 2018-01-18T04:20:03  *** echelon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 156 2018-01-18T04:27:37  *** flokie has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 157 2018-01-18T04:38:39  *** harrymm_ has quit IRC
 158 2018-01-18T04:44:15  *** Hunter79Bartolet has quit IRC
 159 2018-01-18T04:46:38  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 160 2018-01-18T04:49:33  *** justan0theruser has quit IRC
 161 2018-01-18T04:51:52  *** harrymm_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 162 2018-01-18T04:56:15  *** arubi has quit IRC
 163 2018-01-18T04:57:06  *** arubi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 164 2018-01-18T05:04:31  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 165 2018-01-18T05:04:31  *** shesek has quit IRC
 166 2018-01-18T05:04:31  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 167 2018-01-18T05:05:23  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
 168 2018-01-18T05:05:43  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 169 2018-01-18T05:13:08  *** Kaycee55Koch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 170 2018-01-18T05:20:57  *** jb55 has quit IRC
 171 2018-01-18T05:44:20  *** arubi has quit IRC
 172 2018-01-18T05:48:40  *** arubi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 173 2018-01-18T05:49:23  *** CubicEar_ has quit IRC
 174 2018-01-18T05:56:29  *** unholymachine has quit IRC
 175 2018-01-18T05:56:35  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 176 2018-01-18T06:24:35  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 177 2018-01-18T06:38:44  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
 178 2018-01-18T06:39:28  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 179 2018-01-18T06:43:43  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
 180 2018-01-18T06:54:05  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 181 2018-01-18T07:01:55  *** eck has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 182 2018-01-18T07:03:47  *** maaku has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 183 2018-01-18T07:17:29  *** arubi has quit IRC
 184 2018-01-18T07:25:22  *** arubi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 185 2018-01-18T07:29:44  *** hightitude has quit IRC
 186 2018-01-18T07:31:57  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
 187 2018-01-18T07:32:01  *** d9b4bef9 has quit IRC
 188 2018-01-18T07:33:04  *** mrannanay has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 189 2018-01-18T07:33:08  *** d9b4bef9 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 190 2018-01-18T07:39:06  *** wtabata has quit IRC
 191 2018-01-18T07:44:25  *** Zhuzeng has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 192 2018-01-18T07:44:29  *** arubi has quit IRC
 193 2018-01-18T07:46:47  *** arubi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 194 2018-01-18T07:47:43  *** eck has quit IRC
 195 2018-01-18T07:49:03  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 196 2018-01-18T07:51:09  *** zhuzeng_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 197 2018-01-18T07:51:41  *** zhuzeng_ is now known as Zhuzeng_
 198 2018-01-18T07:51:57  *** Zhuzeng_ is now known as zhuzeng_
 199 2018-01-18T07:53:32  *** Zhuzeng has quit IRC
 200 2018-01-18T07:54:37  *** zhuzeng_ is now known as Zhuzeng
 201 2018-01-18T08:02:33  *** eck has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 202 2018-01-18T08:02:38  *** Zhuzeng has quit IRC
 203 2018-01-18T08:04:04  *** anome has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 204 2018-01-18T08:07:17  *** eck has quit IRC
 205 2018-01-18T08:27:00  *** cysm has quit IRC
 206 2018-01-18T08:30:33  *** cysm has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 207 2018-01-18T08:37:08  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 208 2018-01-18T08:38:29  *** anome has quit IRC
 209 2018-01-18T08:38:42  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 210 2018-01-18T08:51:20  *** anome has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 211 2018-01-18T09:03:35  *** kexkey_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 212 2018-01-18T09:04:59  *** kexkey has quit IRC
 213 2018-01-18T09:11:24  *** Sinclair6 has quit IRC
 214 2018-01-18T09:21:55  *** Kaycee55Koch has quit IRC
 215 2018-01-18T09:22:26  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 216 2018-01-18T09:28:39  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 217 2018-01-18T09:29:43  *** eck has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 218 2018-01-18T09:30:39  *** rafalcpp__ has quit IRC
 219 2018-01-18T09:30:51  *** Nigel88Kuhic has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 220 2018-01-18T09:31:39  *** rafalcpp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 221 2018-01-18T09:32:28  *** rafalcpp is now known as rafalcpp_
 222 2018-01-18T09:32:54  *** rafalcpp_ is now known as rafalcpp__
 223 2018-01-18T09:33:00  *** rafalcpp__ is now known as rafalcpp
 224 2018-01-18T09:49:34  *** Sinclai__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 225 2018-01-18T09:51:05  *** eck has quit IRC
 226 2018-01-18T09:55:50  <kallewoof> A full node of mine is banning peers left and right and I'm seeing a ton of "ERROR: non-continuous headers sequence". Running master, switching to 0.15 to see if it goes away.
 227 2018-01-18T09:56:53  *** bitzap has quit IRC
 228 2018-01-18T09:57:20  *** bitzap has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 229 2018-01-18T09:57:38  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
 230 2018-01-18T09:59:00  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 231 2018-01-18T09:59:35  *** larafale has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 232 2018-01-18T10:00:13  *** arubi has quit IRC
 233 2018-01-18T10:01:01  *** eck has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 234 2018-01-18T10:01:08  *** arubi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 235 2018-01-18T10:04:17  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/c7978be89964...17180fa60810
 236 2018-01-18T10:04:17  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master cdf3e03 Wladimir J. van der Laan: wallet: Deprecate addwitnessaddress...
 237 2018-01-18T10:04:18  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 17180fa Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12210: wallet: Deprecate addwitnessaddress...
 238 2018-01-18T10:05:08  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12210: wallet: Deprecate addwitnessaddress (master...2018_01_deprecate_addwitnessaddress) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12210
 239 2018-01-18T10:05:33  *** eck has quit IRC
 240 2018-01-18T10:06:14  *** echelon has quit IRC
 241 2018-01-18T10:08:00  *** echelon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 242 2018-01-18T10:14:07  <wumpus> kallewoof: weird! I've never seen that error
 243 2018-01-18T10:16:00  *** larafale has quit IRC
 244 2018-01-18T10:16:42  *** larafale has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 245 2018-01-18T10:17:57  <sdaftuar> kallewoof: if you have debug logs you can post somewhere, i'd be interested in investigating
 246 2018-01-18T10:18:54  <sdaftuar> wumpus: kallewoof: i think i've seen it before with clock issues and the 2 hour rule on testnet, but don't think i've ever seen it on mainnet
 247 2018-01-18T10:28:49  *** anome has quit IRC
 248 2018-01-18T10:31:51  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 249 2018-01-18T10:32:32  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 250 2018-01-18T10:33:23  *** jtimon has quit IRC
 251 2018-01-18T10:36:15  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 252 2018-01-18T10:44:21  *** larafale has quit IRC
 253 2018-01-18T10:57:39  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 254 2018-01-18T10:57:46  *** Aaronvan_ has quit IRC
 255 2018-01-18T10:57:46  *** Krellan has quit IRC
 256 2018-01-18T10:58:23  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 257 2018-01-18T10:58:48  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 258 2018-01-18T10:59:14  *** larafale has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 259 2018-01-18T11:00:07  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 260 2018-01-18T11:00:21  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
 261 2018-01-18T11:01:06  *** anome has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 262 2018-01-18T11:03:30  *** VlijmenFileer has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 263 2018-01-18T11:05:47  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 264 2018-01-18T11:06:27  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 265 2018-01-18T11:08:52  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 266 2018-01-18T11:11:47  *** larafale has quit IRC
 267 2018-01-18T11:12:33  *** larafale has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 268 2018-01-18T11:15:45  *** jtimon has quit IRC
 269 2018-01-18T11:16:57  *** larafale has quit IRC
 270 2018-01-18T11:17:13  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 271 2018-01-18T11:19:09  *** goksinen_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 272 2018-01-18T11:22:11  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 273 2018-01-18T11:22:18  *** larafale has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 274 2018-01-18T11:26:49  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 275 2018-01-18T11:30:01  *** d9b4bef9 has quit IRC
 276 2018-01-18T11:31:08  *** d9b4bef9 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 277 2018-01-18T11:31:33  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 278 2018-01-18T11:32:02  *** d9b4bef9 has quit IRC
 279 2018-01-18T11:33:07  *** d9b4bef9 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 280 2018-01-18T11:34:48  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
 281 2018-01-18T11:35:38  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 282 2018-01-18T11:38:03  *** anome has quit IRC
 283 2018-01-18T11:38:34  *** anome has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 284 2018-01-18T11:40:17  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 285 2018-01-18T11:43:15  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 286 2018-01-18T11:44:58  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 287 2018-01-18T11:49:27  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 288 2018-01-18T11:54:03  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 289 2018-01-18T11:58:23  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 290 2018-01-18T12:03:08  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 291 2018-01-18T12:04:47  *** jtimon has quit IRC
 292 2018-01-18T12:05:13  *** dabura667_ has quit IRC
 293 2018-01-18T12:08:17  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 294 2018-01-18T12:12:13  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 295 2018-01-18T12:16:35  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 296 2018-01-18T12:19:29  *** RoBz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 297 2018-01-18T12:21:19  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 298 2018-01-18T12:25:35  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 299 2018-01-18T12:30:25  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 300 2018-01-18T12:34:27  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 301 2018-01-18T12:36:51  *** eshan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 302 2018-01-18T12:38:35  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 303 2018-01-18T12:39:29  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 304 2018-01-18T12:43:57  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 305 2018-01-18T12:44:47  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 306 2018-01-18T12:48:32  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 307 2018-01-18T12:51:34  *** Bhearus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 308 2018-01-18T12:53:05  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 309 2018-01-18T12:54:24  *** SopaXorzTaker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 310 2018-01-18T12:57:38  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 311 2018-01-18T12:58:16  *** goksinen_ has quit IRC
 312 2018-01-18T12:58:20  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
 313 2018-01-18T13:00:32  *** eck has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 314 2018-01-18T13:02:25  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 315 2018-01-18T13:02:53  *** Deacyde has quit IRC
 316 2018-01-18T13:04:07  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 317 2018-01-18T13:04:36  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 318 2018-01-18T13:05:10  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 319 2018-01-18T13:06:44  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 320 2018-01-18T13:08:57  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 321 2018-01-18T13:11:10  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 322 2018-01-18T13:13:41  *** Krellan has quit IRC
 323 2018-01-18T13:14:27  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 324 2018-01-18T13:15:34  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 325 2018-01-18T13:20:14  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 326 2018-01-18T13:24:54  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 327 2018-01-18T13:28:05  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 328 2018-01-18T13:29:18  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 329 2018-01-18T13:33:58  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 330 2018-01-18T13:36:57  *** VlijmenFileer has quit IRC
 331 2018-01-18T13:37:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Sjors opened pull request #12216: scripted-diff: prefix [address|change]type parameters with 'default' (master...2018/01/defaultaddresstype) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12216
 332 2018-01-18T13:38:15  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 333 2018-01-18T13:40:33  <provoostenator> ^ I'm lazily relying on Travs to check the scripted diff, because it uses sed in an OSX / BSD unfriendly way.
 334 2018-01-18T13:41:49  <provoostenator> Oh great, OSX requires sed -i '' 's/changetype/defaultchangetype/g' whereas linux doesn't allow that.
 335 2018-01-18T13:43:04  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 336 2018-01-18T13:43:19  <wumpus> isn't that the other way around? I'm fairly sure linux has sed -i but various BSDs have not
 337 2018-01-18T13:46:09  <provoostenator> OSX requires an empty string as the first argument.
 338 2018-01-18T13:46:32  <provoostenator> (before the actual /s)
 339 2018-01-18T13:47:55  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 340 2018-01-18T13:52:08  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 341 2018-01-18T13:54:09  *** goksinen_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 342 2018-01-18T13:54:17  *** kexkey_ is now known as kexkey
 343 2018-01-18T13:56:13  *** Aaronvan_ is now known as AaronvanW
 344 2018-01-18T13:56:38  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 345 2018-01-18T13:58:53  *** echelon has quit IRC
 346 2018-01-18T14:01:13  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 347 2018-01-18T14:02:21  <wumpus> but yes writing portable shellscript is frustrating, remebering the many ways we have to use to do a basic thing like sha256 verification in the bdb install script
 348 2018-01-18T14:04:49  *** eck has quit IRC
 349 2018-01-18T14:06:00  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 350 2018-01-18T14:06:05  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/17180fa60810...898f560b55ab
 351 2018-01-18T14:06:06  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa1e69e MarcoFalke: qa: Sync with validationinterface queue in sync_mempools
 352 2018-01-18T14:06:06  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 898f560 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12206: qa: Sync with validationinterface queue in sync_mempools...
 353 2018-01-18T14:06:55  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12206: qa: Sync with validationinterface queue in sync_mempools (master...Mf1801-qaWalletMempoolAsync) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12206
 354 2018-01-18T14:07:50  *** Tport has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 355 2018-01-18T14:07:58  <Tport> hello
 356 2018-01-18T14:09:21  *** echelon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 357 2018-01-18T14:10:17  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 358 2018-01-18T14:11:15  *** VlijmenFileer has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 359 2018-01-18T14:11:46  *** VlijmenFileer has quit IRC
 360 2018-01-18T14:14:27  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 361 2018-01-18T14:17:26  *** Scrat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 362 2018-01-18T14:19:23  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 363 2018-01-18T14:20:23  *** dx25_ has quit IRC
 364 2018-01-18T14:24:14  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 365 2018-01-18T14:27:51  *** eck has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 366 2018-01-18T14:27:59  *** Nigel88Kuhic has quit IRC
 367 2018-01-18T14:28:29  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 368 2018-01-18T14:29:22  *** promag has quit IRC
 369 2018-01-18T14:33:20  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 370 2018-01-18T14:35:27  *** DoC10450 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 371 2018-01-18T14:36:45  *** Dr10450 has quit IRC
 372 2018-01-18T14:37:34  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 373 2018-01-18T14:41:57  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 374 2018-01-18T14:46:39  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 375 2018-01-18T14:51:22  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 376 2018-01-18T14:55:42  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 377 2018-01-18T14:56:05  <Tport> where are API of bitcoin network?
 378 2018-01-18T15:00:26  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 379 2018-01-18T15:02:05  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
 380 2018-01-18T15:02:59  <wumpus> test 97 of p2p-fullblocktest.py is consistently failing here, weird
 381 2018-01-18T15:04:47  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 382 2018-01-18T15:05:07  <gmaxwell> I feel dejavu at that.
 383 2018-01-18T15:06:55  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #12217: qa: Add missing syncwithvalidationinterfacequeue to tests (master...Mf1801-qaWalletMempoolAsyncTake2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12217
 384 2018-01-18T15:09:35  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 385 2018-01-18T15:09:47  <Tport> is anyone can send me 0.001 btc to test?
 386 2018-01-18T15:09:56  *** MarcoFalke has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 387 2018-01-18T15:10:41  <Tport> 0.005 sorry
 388 2018-01-18T15:10:44  <wumpus> Tport: testnet?
 389 2018-01-18T15:11:04  <Tport> no, real
 390 2018-01-18T15:11:08  <wumpus> go away, no begging here
 391 2018-01-18T15:12:13  *** eshan has quit IRC
 392 2018-01-18T15:13:50  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 393 2018-01-18T15:13:55  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 394 2018-01-18T15:14:23  <Tport> i'am developing crypto stock exchange, i need to able to send blocks to differents puls, what is the right way?
 395 2018-01-18T15:14:57  <wumpus> take it to #bitcoin please
 396 2018-01-18T15:15:21  <Tport> #bitcoin channel ?
 397 2018-01-18T15:15:59  <wumpus> yes
 398 2018-01-18T15:16:18  *** Tport has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 399 2018-01-18T15:16:56  <wumpus> hrm on another host, p2p-fullblocktest.py works fine
 400 2018-01-18T15:17:57  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 401 2018-01-18T15:20:56  <MarcoFalke> ups. My znc shut down and I lost the backscroll of last week or so.
 402 2018-01-18T15:21:15  <wumpus> I'll pastebin it
 403 2018-01-18T15:21:25  <MarcoFalke> wumpus: I will use botbot
 404 2018-01-18T15:21:29  <MarcoFalke> .me
 405 2018-01-18T15:22:24  <wumpus> ok
 406 2018-01-18T15:22:33  *** DrFeelGood has quit IRC
 407 2018-01-18T15:22:40  *** Krellan has quit IRC
 408 2018-01-18T15:22:49  <MarcoFalke> I was wondering if syncwithvalidationinterfacequeue should be a not-hidden rpc. I could imagine some user does this:
 409 2018-01-18T15:22:58  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 410 2018-01-18T15:23:16  <MarcoFalke> wallet.listunspent(); create and sign raw tx; sendrawtx; wallet.some_rpc_that_is_not_in_sync
 411 2018-01-18T15:23:19  <MarcoFalke> ()
 412 2018-01-18T15:23:37  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 413 2018-01-18T15:23:54  <wumpus> maybe, but not for 0.16, I'm not convinced having to explicitly call a sync call is a good idea for end users
 414 2018-01-18T15:24:32  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 415 2018-01-18T15:24:37  <wumpus> seems to have a lot of foot-shooting potential, it's fine for fixing intermittent test failures for now, but I don't like it much as API
 416 2018-01-18T15:25:25  <MarcoFalke> Then, maybe sendraw should do that internally
 417 2018-01-18T15:25:33  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 418 2018-01-18T15:26:40  *** RoyceX has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 419 2018-01-18T15:27:26  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 420 2018-01-18T15:28:24  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: it does
 421 2018-01-18T15:28:50  <MarcoFalke> oh, then it is fine, I think.
 422 2018-01-18T15:29:34  <wumpus> it doesn't call SyncWithValidationInterfaceQueue, but does the same thing manually
 423 2018-01-18T15:29:55  *** cheese_ has quit IRC
 424 2018-01-18T15:31:30  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 425 2018-01-18T15:31:35  <wumpus> (not sure why it doesn't just use that call)
 426 2018-01-18T15:31:47  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 427 2018-01-18T15:32:02  *** Tport has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 428 2018-01-18T15:32:05  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 429 2018-01-18T15:32:11  *** Tport has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 430 2018-01-18T15:32:47  *** dgenr8 has quit IRC
 431 2018-01-18T15:33:12  *** dgenr8 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 432 2018-01-18T15:36:27  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 433 2018-01-18T15:36:29  <kallewoof> wumpus: for some reason my debug.log is empty, but i have a screen with -printtoconsole.
 434 2018-01-18T15:37:06  <wumpus> printtoconsole doesn't write to debug.log
 435 2018-01-18T15:37:09  *** Cogito_Ergo_Sum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 436 2018-01-18T15:37:09  *** Cogito_Ergo_Sum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 437 2018-01-18T15:38:53  *** anome has quit IRC
 438 2018-01-18T15:39:21  <wumpus> kallewoof: please use a pastebin for lots of text, don't paste all of that into my PM
 439 2018-01-18T15:39:54  <wumpus> it keeps putting up notifications here now :/
 440 2018-01-18T15:40:19  <kallewoof> Sorry!
 441 2018-01-18T15:41:11  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 442 2018-01-18T15:43:59  *** cheese_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 443 2018-01-18T15:45:27  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 444 2018-01-18T15:46:07  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
 445 2018-01-18T15:46:59  *** RoyceX has quit IRC
 446 2018-01-18T15:48:43  *** goksinen_ has quit IRC
 447 2018-01-18T15:50:14  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 448 2018-01-18T15:50:43  *** Tporter has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 449 2018-01-18T15:55:03  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 450 2018-01-18T15:59:20  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 451 2018-01-18T15:59:49  <wumpus> master doesn't log version messages anymore for newly connected nodes?
 452 2018-01-18T16:00:49  <wumpus> that's kind of annoying, trying to correlate MISBEHAVING peer=X to connections, but they're not logged anymore
 453 2018-01-18T16:00:56  <wumpus> when did this change?
 454 2018-01-18T16:01:30  <gmaxwell> FWIW, misbehaving, there are a lot of "bitcoin gold" nodes causing misbehaving messages.
 455 2018-01-18T16:02:03  <wumpus> is that possibly the "ERROR: non-continuous headers sequence"?
 456 2018-01-18T16:02:11  *** anome has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 457 2018-01-18T16:02:23  <gmaxwell> Yes.
 458 2018-01-18T16:02:25  <gmaxwell> Thats it.
 459 2018-01-18T16:02:53  <wumpus> kallewoof: ^^
 460 2018-01-18T16:02:59  <gmaxwell> I dunno about the logging change, I don't recall it changing but I do recall discussing it.
 461 2018-01-18T16:03:31  <wumpus> should also stop logging MISBEHAVING and other network things then
 462 2018-01-18T16:03:39  <gmaxwell> (The reason to not log it is because logging any text from third parties is a potential attack, nussance spam vector.)
 463 2018-01-18T16:03:56  <wumpus> it makes no sense to log those, with peer numbers, without being able to correlate them
 464 2018-01-18T16:04:01  <gmaxwell> if they're still connected you can go look at the peer info.
 465 2018-01-18T16:04:09  <wumpus> no this is for post-mortem analysis
 466 2018-01-18T16:04:13  <wumpus> I've banned them long time ago
 467 2018-01-18T16:04:14  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 468 2018-01-18T16:04:19  <wumpus> (automatically)
 469 2018-01-18T16:04:37  <wumpus> well this is also a nuisance vector like this :(
 470 2018-01-18T16:04:46  <gmaxwell> right but the misbehaving log entries still happen before the banning.
 471 2018-01-18T16:05:22  <gmaxwell> There were some incidents in the past with people connecting in a tight loop with their version strings set to webservices addresses and what not....  but I still don't remember the behavior changing.
 472 2018-01-18T16:06:14  <wumpus> ok I understand that change then, but then these should also move to ::NET category
 473 2018-01-18T16:06:32  <wumpus> right now the log shows this:
 474 2018-01-18T16:06:32  <wumpus> 2018-01-18 16:02:27 Misbehaving: 31.146.129.229:62174 peer=164603 (80 -> 100) BAN THRESHOLD EXCEEDED
 475 2018-01-18T16:06:32  <wumpus> 2018-01-18 16:02:27 ERROR: non-continuous headers sequence
 476 2018-01-18T16:06:40  <wumpus> that seems like a local error
 477 2018-01-18T16:07:03  <gmaxwell> yes, thats ... not optimal.
 478 2018-01-18T16:08:25  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 479 2018-01-18T16:08:58  <wumpus> maybe Misbehaving() should take a message so that it can at leaswt be logged on the same line
 480 2018-01-18T16:09:03  *** wraithm has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 481 2018-01-18T16:09:35  *** alfa has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 482 2018-01-18T16:09:38  <adiabat> I get lots of that kind of thing in the log; non-continuous headers sequence, also bad-diffbits, incorrect proof of work (code 16)
 483 2018-01-18T16:10:15  *** gitju has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 484 2018-01-18T16:10:16  <adiabat> the latter seems to be from "/WorldBitcoin:0.16.1/"... whatever that is
 485 2018-01-18T16:10:30  *** gitju has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 486 2018-01-18T16:13:10  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 487 2018-01-18T16:17:30  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 488 2018-01-18T16:20:48  <sdaftuar> gmaxwell: i got around to doing a little investigation, looks like there was some sigops attack stuff happening back in november 2015, and i appear to have data from back then
 489 2018-01-18T16:21:35  <sdaftuar> so presumably i should have a way to simulate and evaluate alternate options if you have something to try
 490 2018-01-18T16:21:55  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 491 2018-01-18T16:26:02  *** bule has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 492 2018-01-18T16:26:36  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 493 2018-01-18T16:26:52  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj opened pull request #12218: net: Move misbehaving logging to net logging category (master...2018_01_misbehaving_logging) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12218
 494 2018-01-18T16:29:02  *** Tporter has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 495 2018-01-18T16:30:57  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 496 2018-01-18T16:35:41  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 497 2018-01-18T16:39:57  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 498 2018-01-18T16:41:02  <wumpus> argh, running with debug=net gives me way too much logging output, I wish there was a low-traffic net category
 499 2018-01-18T16:41:11  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 500 2018-01-18T16:41:22  <wumpus> which just logs the stuff that used to be logged unconditionally
 501 2018-01-18T16:42:15  <wumpus> I don't want every single message or requested transaction :/
 502 2018-01-18T16:42:44  *** moctost has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 503 2018-01-18T16:44:00  <jnewbery> in general, log levels would be nice, and the ability to set different levels for different catagories (rather than just on/off)
 504 2018-01-18T16:44:20  <wumpus> yeah...
 505 2018-01-18T16:44:47  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 506 2018-01-18T16:47:03  *** moctost has quit IRC
 507 2018-01-18T16:47:15  *** moctost has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 508 2018-01-18T16:48:57  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 509 2018-01-18T16:53:51  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 510 2018-01-18T16:54:33  <wumpus> this really makes net logging unusable for me :/
 511 2018-01-18T16:54:35  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
 512 2018-01-18T16:54:46  <wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12219
 513 2018-01-18T16:56:48  *** zautomata has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 514 2018-01-18T16:57:23  *** zautomata has quit IRC
 515 2018-01-18T16:58:22  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 516 2018-01-18T17:00:16  <jnewbery> wumpus, for your failing p2p-fullblocktest: running master? running with --enable-debug? Which line in p2p-fullblocktest is failing (you should have an INFO log like 2017-12-12 12:46:23.112000 TestFramework.comptool (INFO): Running test 99: test/functional/p2p-fullblocktest.py line 1283
 517 2018-01-18T17:02:49  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 518 2018-01-18T17:05:39  <wumpus> hm I don't actually know if I'm running with --enable-debug
 519 2018-01-18T17:06:11  <wumpus> let me try with #12197 :)
 520 2018-01-18T17:06:12  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12197 | Log debug build status and warn when running benchmarks by laanwj · Pull Request #12197 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 521 2018-01-18T17:06:29  *** goksinen_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 522 2018-01-18T17:07:01  <instagibbs> almost #bitcoin but not quite: in master is there any way to back out legacy addresses from (p2sh)-p2wpkh addresses from -cli or elsewhere?
 523 2018-01-18T17:07:19  <wumpus> (I did enable debug to test that, it might still be on, that'd explain something!)
 524 2018-01-18T17:07:26  <instagibbs> aside from self-computing using pubkey of course :)
 525 2018-01-18T17:07:33  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 526 2018-01-18T17:07:48  *** ryan-c has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 527 2018-01-18T17:08:39  <wumpus> jnewbery: yep, I'm running debug build, will try to rebuild in release mode
 528 2018-01-18T17:08:53  <wumpus> instagibbs: I don't know
 529 2018-01-18T17:09:54  <wumpus> but let me check first what line the error happens
 530 2018-01-18T17:10:55  *** goksinen_ has quit IRC
 531 2018-01-18T17:11:45  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 532 2018-01-18T17:12:14  *** flokie has quit IRC
 533 2018-01-18T17:12:17  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 534 2018-01-18T17:12:35  *** eck has quit IRC
 535 2018-01-18T17:12:52  *** mandric has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 536 2018-01-18T17:14:10  <wumpus> "OSError: [Errno 28] No space left on device" oops
 537 2018-01-18T17:15:28  <wumpus> hehe /tmp was 30GB, lots of abandoned test files after failed tests
 538 2018-01-18T17:16:27  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 539 2018-01-18T17:19:46  *** jb55 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 540 2018-01-18T17:21:07  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 541 2018-01-18T17:21:40  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
 542 2018-01-18T17:26:05  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 543 2018-01-18T17:26:51  *** mandric_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 544 2018-01-18T17:26:53  *** testuser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 545 2018-01-18T17:27:54  *** testuser has quit IRC
 546 2018-01-18T17:28:53  <provoostenator> Can we get binaries for Ubuntu 18.04 bionic?
 547 2018-01-18T17:29:35  *** mandric has quit IRC
 548 2018-01-18T17:30:12  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 549 2018-01-18T17:30:15  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 550 2018-01-18T17:32:44  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 551 2018-01-18T17:32:45  *** Randolf has quit IRC
 552 2018-01-18T17:34:08  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 553 2018-01-18T17:34:27  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 554 2018-01-18T17:38:13  *** marcoagner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 555 2018-01-18T17:39:15  *** timothy has quit IRC
 556 2018-01-18T17:39:17  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 557 2018-01-18T17:39:32  <wumpus> provoostenator: I don't understand what you mean
 558 2018-01-18T17:40:49  <wumpus> it's possible to download pre-release ubuntu images here https://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/bionic/current/ though I'm not sure how well and if they work
 559 2018-01-18T17:41:05  *** mandric_ has quit IRC
 560 2018-01-18T17:41:16  <provoostenator> On the nightly Ubuntu 18.04 build `sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin && sudo apt-get update` complains:
 561 2018-01-18T17:41:28  *** mandric_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 562 2018-01-18T17:42:03  <provoostenator> The repository '..... bionic Release' does not have Release file. Updating from such a repoisotry can't be done surecurity,
 563 2018-01-18T17:42:14  <provoostenator> (sorry, can't get copy-paste to work on VirtualBox)
 564 2018-01-18T17:42:14  *** Krellan has quit IRC
 565 2018-01-18T17:42:25  <wumpus> well it's not released yet so I'd expect some bugs
 566 2018-01-18T17:42:50  *** bitstein has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 567 2018-01-18T17:42:52  <wumpus> the mirrors likely don't have packages for it yet
 568 2018-01-18T17:43:11  <provoostenator> Ok, so that's not an incantation we need to do, but something the Ubuntu folks need to fix?
 569 2018-01-18T17:43:12  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 570 2018-01-18T17:43:56  <provoostenator> Also, who is "so"?
 571 2018-01-18T17:44:01  *** PaulCapestany has quit IRC
 572 2018-01-18T17:44:10  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 573 2018-01-18T17:45:16  *** Morton70Kohler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 574 2018-01-18T17:47:00  *** PaulCapestany has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 575 2018-01-18T17:47:02  <wumpus> seems some of the ppas have bionic packages so I guess it's something that needs to be enabled
 576 2018-01-18T17:48:22  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 577 2018-01-18T17:49:55  *** PaulCapestany has quit IRC
 578 2018-01-18T17:51:56  *** PaulCapestany has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 579 2018-01-18T17:52:59  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 580 2018-01-18T17:57:26  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 581 2018-01-18T18:00:10  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
 582 2018-01-18T18:01:12  *** hirishaway is now known as hirish
 583 2018-01-18T18:01:23  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 584 2018-01-18T18:02:15  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 585 2018-01-18T18:05:12  *** n00by_d00by has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 586 2018-01-18T18:06:33  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 587 2018-01-18T18:06:44  *** Krellan has quit IRC
 588 2018-01-18T18:07:25  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 589 2018-01-18T18:11:00  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 590 2018-01-18T18:12:37  *** marcoagner has quit IRC
 591 2018-01-18T18:13:32  *** marcoagner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 592 2018-01-18T18:14:20  *** n00by_d00by has quit IRC
 593 2018-01-18T18:15:08  *** maaku has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 594 2018-01-18T18:15:35  *** shesek has quit IRC
 595 2018-01-18T18:15:39  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 596 2018-01-18T18:16:17  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 597 2018-01-18T18:16:27  *** Krellan has quit IRC
 598 2018-01-18T18:19:57  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 599 2018-01-18T18:20:54  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 600 2018-01-18T18:24:43  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 601 2018-01-18T18:28:30  *** Evel-Knievel has quit IRC
 602 2018-01-18T18:29:40  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 603 2018-01-18T18:30:45  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 604 2018-01-18T18:33:33  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 605 2018-01-18T18:33:33  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 606 2018-01-18T18:33:49  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 607 2018-01-18T18:34:02  *** mandric_ has quit IRC
 608 2018-01-18T18:36:05  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 609 2018-01-18T18:38:25  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 610 2018-01-18T18:39:22  <wumpus> jnewbery: you were right, building in release mode made the problem go away
 611 2018-01-18T18:39:33  *** anome has quit IRC
 612 2018-01-18T18:39:40  <wumpus> interesting
 613 2018-01-18T18:40:33  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 614 2018-01-18T18:42:42  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 615 2018-01-18T18:45:11  <jnewbery> p2p-fullblock has a huge re-org at the end. Running in debug can make the test time out waiting for that re-org. #11632
 616 2018-01-18T18:45:12  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11632 | p2p-fullblocktest.py fails occasionally · Issue #11632 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 617 2018-01-18T18:45:28  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ryanofsky opened pull request #12220: RFC: Error if relative -walletdir is specified (master...pr/wdabs) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12220
 618 2018-01-18T18:47:27  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 619 2018-01-18T18:48:39  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
 620 2018-01-18T18:50:18  *** jonasschnelli has quit IRC
 621 2018-01-18T18:50:18  *** jonasschnelli has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 622 2018-01-18T18:50:59  *** jcorgan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 623 2018-01-18T18:52:03  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 624 2018-01-18T18:56:27  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 625 2018-01-18T18:57:12  *** clarkmoody has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 626 2018-01-18T18:59:21  *** alfa has quit IRC
 627 2018-01-18T19:00:35  *** hirish is now known as hirishaway
 628 2018-01-18T19:00:42  <wumpus> meeting time?
 629 2018-01-18T19:00:44  *** bitzap has quit IRC
 630 2018-01-18T19:00:44  *** Evel-Knievel has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 631 2018-01-18T19:00:44  <sipa> meetung?
 632 2018-01-18T19:00:46  <wumpus> #startmeeting
 633 2018-01-18T19:00:46  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Jan 18 19:00:46 2018 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
 634 2018-01-18T19:00:46  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
 635 2018-01-18T19:00:51  <meshcollider> Hi
 636 2018-01-18T19:00:55  <sipa> Hi
 637 2018-01-18T19:00:59  <gmaxwell> HI
 638 2018-01-18T19:00:59  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr btcdrak sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator
 639 2018-01-18T19:01:04  <jonasschnelli> hi
 640 2018-01-18T19:01:04  <achow101> hi
 641 2018-01-18T19:01:07  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 642 2018-01-18T19:01:43  <jnewbery> hi
 643 2018-01-18T19:01:47  <MarcoFalke> action release segwit wallet?
 644 2018-01-18T19:01:48  <wumpus> regarding 0.16.0, we're down to 5 PRs and 4 issues: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/milestone/30 almost there!
 645 2018-01-18T19:02:15  <sipa> i want to add support for segwit to importmulti; i want to have a PR for that today
 646 2018-01-18T19:02:27  <gmaxwell> oops.
 647 2018-01-18T19:02:49  <sipa> and if not, i'll create an issue
 648 2018-01-18T19:03:00  <wumpus> I guess #11124 can be closed because of #11991?
 649 2018-01-18T19:03:02  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11124 | Generate segwit address in receive payment tab? · Issue #11124 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 650 2018-01-18T19:03:06  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11991 | [qt] Receive: checkbox for bech32 address by Sjors · Pull Request #11991 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 651 2018-01-18T19:03:16  <meshcollider> I guess #11489 replaces the other issue too
 652 2018-01-18T19:03:18  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11489 | [wallet] sendtoaddress output type argument by kallewoof · Pull Request #11489 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 653 2018-01-18T19:03:40  <meshcollider> (11134)
 654 2018-01-18T19:04:17  <phantomcircuit> im here
 655 2018-01-18T19:04:29  <wumpus> meshcollider: merging that will automatically close the issue
 656 2018-01-18T19:04:44  <wumpus> (or should, as it's properly referenced in the PR)
 657 2018-01-18T19:05:24  <wumpus> I guess we should discuss  #12216
 658 2018-01-18T19:05:26  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12216 | scripted-diff: prefix [address|change]type parameters with default by Sjors · Pull Request #12216 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 659 2018-01-18T19:05:30  <achow101> should 11489 be tagged for 0.16?
 660 2018-01-18T19:05:40  <meshcollider> Yeah that's what I meant ^
 661 2018-01-18T19:05:41  <wumpus> #topic renamee address|changetype parameters
 662 2018-01-18T19:05:50  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 663 2018-01-18T19:05:57  <wumpus> #11489
 664 2018-01-18T19:06:00  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11489 | [wallet] sendtoaddress output type argument by kallewoof · Pull Request #11489 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 665 2018-01-18T19:06:19  <meshcollider> I meant add the tag to the PR and take it off the issue
 666 2018-01-18T19:06:42  <jonasschnelli> defaultaddresstype seems fine... though I miss the wallet prefix (but it's no consistent anyways)
 667 2018-01-18T19:07:08  <jonasschnelli> I would have prefered -walletaddresstype
 668 2018-01-18T19:07:16  <jonasschnelli> but meh
 669 2018-01-18T19:07:17  <kanzure> hi.
 670 2018-01-18T19:07:28  <wumpus> -defaultwalletaddresstype !
 671 2018-01-18T19:07:47  <jonasschnelli> Bit long... but would be my the most precise one
 672 2018-01-18T19:07:53  <wumpus> I think it's overkill
 673 2018-01-18T19:08:00  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 674 2018-01-18T19:08:05  <wumpus> the documentation can specify what the option is for, and what it applies to
 675 2018-01-18T19:08:12  <wumpus> the whole documentation does not need to be in the option name
 676 2018-01-18T19:08:26  <jonasschnelli> Yes. Right. I think -defauladdresstype seems the best choice then.
 677 2018-01-18T19:08:27  <achow101> I don't particularly care about what it's called as long as the documentation explains it clearly
 678 2018-01-18T19:08:58  <instagibbs> default is implied in a ton of arguments already, but whatever
 679 2018-01-18T19:09:02  <wumpus> shorter option names are easier to remember/type
 680 2018-01-18T19:09:07  <wumpus> instagibbs: I agree
 681 2018-01-18T19:09:17  <jonasschnelli> instagibbs: good point.
 682 2018-01-18T19:09:23  <jonasschnelli> Yes. Lets keep -addresstype then
 683 2018-01-18T19:09:25  <wumpus> I'm also not sure we should rename it at this point
 684 2018-01-18T19:09:28  <jonasschnelli> Don't add more unnecesarry work
 685 2018-01-18T19:09:41  <instagibbs> oh, im getting agreement, ok :)
 686 2018-01-18T19:10:12  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 687 2018-01-18T19:10:13  <wumpus> as long as the help message explains that it changes the default, it should be fine
 688 2018-01-18T19:10:16  <wumpus> any other topics?
 689 2018-01-18T19:10:34  <achow101> Can i ask for #12180 to be in for 0.16?
 690 2018-01-18T19:10:36  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12180 | scripted-diff: change kB to kvB, kilobyte to kilovbyte for transaction fee rate things by achow101 · Pull Request #12180 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 691 2018-01-18T19:10:57  <wumpus> I think we should stop adding new PRs to 0.16.0, seriously
 692 2018-01-18T19:11:00  <sipa> Kilov Byte, sounds like a unit named after some russian scientist
 693 2018-01-18T19:11:08  <jonasschnelli> heh
 694 2018-01-18T19:11:34  <gmaxwell> then you can have charts of block's kilovbyte complexity.
 695 2018-01-18T19:11:37  <wumpus> lol!
 696 2018-01-18T19:11:46  <jtimon> hi
 697 2018-01-18T19:11:47  <wumpus> what the hell is that
 698 2018-01-18T19:12:12  <wumpus> ohh kilo-vbyte
 699 2018-01-18T19:12:16  <sipa> yeah :)
 700 2018-01-18T19:12:16  <gmaxwell> yes.
 701 2018-01-18T19:12:17  <wumpus> I don't like the word
 702 2018-01-18T19:12:35  <achow101> the base unit is vbyte
 703 2018-01-18T19:13:02  <meshcollider> What about vkilobyte
 704 2018-01-18T19:13:05  <wumpus> I get it, but kilovbyte just reads... awkward
 705 2018-01-18T19:13:06  <jonasschnelli> I think achow101 intentions are good. Maybe its just the wording. But I don't think it's necessary for the already later 0.16 release
 706 2018-01-18T19:13:21  <gmaxwell> it's extra confusing to people that our kilo is 1000 not 1024 there too. :)
 707 2018-01-18T19:13:37  <phantomcircuit> shouldn't the change output simply attempt to mirror the style of the payment address?
 708 2018-01-18T19:13:45  <wumpus> if it was 1024 it would be kivB
 709 2018-01-18T19:13:49  <phantomcircuit> regardless of whether that's segwit or not?
 710 2018-01-18T19:13:52  <sipa> phantomcircuit: there's a PR for that
 711 2018-01-18T19:13:54  <gmaxwell> phantomcircuit: there is a PR for that.
 712 2018-01-18T19:14:14  <gmaxwell> phantomcircuit: though you don't want to start using segwit in a wallet that is set to NOT use segwit in legacy mode.
 713 2018-01-18T19:14:22  <jonasschnelli> Should #12213 be in 0.16?
 714 2018-01-18T19:14:24  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12213 | Add address type option to addmultisigaddress by promag · Pull Request #12213 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 715 2018-01-18T19:14:27  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 716 2018-01-18T19:14:30  <achow101> the point was to clarify that the fee rate is in virtual bytes and not actual bytes
 717 2018-01-18T19:14:57  <wumpus> achow101: yes, I completely agree with that point
 718 2018-01-18T19:15:07  <wumpus> but making up new words, I don't know
 719 2018-01-18T19:15:10  <gmaxwell> I don't like the word virtual. We should call them victory bytes.
 720 2018-01-18T19:15:23  <booyah> what about wu? kwu? wasn't work unit a thing
 721 2018-01-18T19:15:27  <jonasschnelli> #12194 would also be trivial for 0.16 (and add consistent addresstype support)
 722 2018-01-18T19:15:28  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12194 | Add change type option to fundrawtransaction by promag · Pull Request #12194 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 723 2018-01-18T19:15:31  <booyah> *weight
 724 2018-01-18T19:15:47  <achow101> according to rusty, they're called sipas
 725 2018-01-18T19:16:03  <wumpus> lol oh no, not more things for 0.16.0, do we ever want to release this
 726 2018-01-18T19:16:07  <gmaxwell> booyah: weight isn't directly comparible to the fee units people have gotten used to.
 727 2018-01-18T19:16:12  <meshcollider> booyah: using weight means factor of 4 difference in the actual number which will confuse people I think
 728 2018-01-18T19:16:20  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ryanofsky opened pull request #12221: RFC: Rename -walletdir option to -walletsdir (scripted-diff) (master...pr/wdren) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12221
 729 2018-01-18T19:16:34  <gmaxwell> wallet'sdir ?
 730 2018-01-18T19:16:35  <gmaxwell> :P
 731 2018-01-18T19:16:47  <wumpus> noooo
 732 2018-01-18T19:16:54  <kanzure> multiwalletdir?
 733 2018-01-18T19:17:04  <wumpus> just stick to walletdir, don't add a s in there please
 734 2018-01-18T19:17:08  <gmaxwell> ack
 735 2018-01-18T19:17:11  <wumpus> I'll forget that every time
 736 2018-01-18T19:17:15  <phantomcircuit> shouldn't the change script type match the payment type for sendtoaddress ?
 737 2018-01-18T19:17:23  <phantomcircuit> regardless of whether it's segwit or not
 738 2018-01-18T19:17:35  <wumpus> again, not the entire documentation of an option needs to be in the option name
 739 2018-01-18T19:17:46  <gmaxwell> phantomcircuit: 11:13:52 < sipa> phantomcircuit: there's a PR for that
 740 2018-01-18T19:17:48  <wumpus> keeping option names short in general is good
 741 2018-01-18T19:17:53  <phantomcircuit> ok
 742 2018-01-18T19:17:58  <kanzure> options should be replaced by hexadecimal identifiers, so that documentation must be consulted?
 743 2018-01-18T19:18:03  <phantomcircuit> (got disconnected didn't think that went through)
 744 2018-01-18T19:18:03  * kanzure hides
 745 2018-01-18T19:18:30  <sipa> kanzure: double-SHA256 of the english description of the option, so that you show you've actually read the documentation
 746 2018-01-18T19:18:33  * sipa hides more
 747 2018-01-18T19:18:35  *** larafale has quit IRC
 748 2018-01-18T19:18:40  <gmaxwell> phantomcircuit: to at least a limited extent, if the wallet is allowed to use segwit (not legacy mode), then it'll toggle between native segwit and p2sh based on the outputs.
 749 2018-01-18T19:19:08  *** larafale has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 750 2018-01-18T19:19:11  <jcorgan> bech32 would be how the hipsters would do it
 751 2018-01-18T19:19:16  <gmaxwell> phantomcircuit: I'd like to see that PR get merged because it should increase native usage a bunch.
 752 2018-01-18T19:19:19  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 753 2018-01-18T19:19:33  *** bitzap has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 754 2018-01-18T19:19:34  <wumpus> do we need 32948 PRs that just rename options
 755 2018-01-18T19:20:24  <morcos> wumpus: Thirty Two Thousand Nine Hundred Forty Eight Pull Requests?
 756 2018-01-18T19:20:32  <wumpus> morcos: yes
 757 2018-01-18T19:21:01  <meshcollider> More pull requests = more active development though right ;)
 758 2018-01-18T19:21:03  *** SopaXorzTaker has quit IRC
 759 2018-01-18T19:21:13  <gmaxwell> wumpus: well there are many more possible renamings than that, so we have a long way to go. :P
 760 2018-01-18T19:21:14  <booyah> wumpus: we do not? (:
 761 2018-01-18T19:21:16  *** booyah has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 762 2018-01-18T19:21:31  <jtimon> wumpus: right, as long as names are clear, the shoreter the better
 763 2018-01-18T19:21:49  <jtimon> s/shoreter/shorter/
 764 2018-01-18T19:22:02  <meshcollider> Let's just start using -a, -b, -c ....
 765 2018-01-18T19:22:33  <jtimon> meshcollider: you forgot the "as long as they are clear" part :p
 766 2018-01-18T19:22:51  <wumpus> any other topics?
 767 2018-01-18T19:23:24  <sipa> let's get back to work!
 768 2018-01-18T19:23:27  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 769 2018-01-18T19:23:27  *** larafale has quit IRC
 770 2018-01-18T19:23:29  <meshcollider> And more update about signing certs?
 771 2018-01-18T19:23:46  <jonasschnelli> cfields
 772 2018-01-18T19:23:48  <meshcollider> Any*
 773 2018-01-18T19:24:29  <jonasschnelli> Last state is that we are going to sign 0.16 with a single person RSA
 774 2018-01-18T19:24:35  <jonasschnelli> (OSX)
 775 2018-01-18T19:24:56  <jtimon> mircrotopic if since I wasn't here for the priority prs topic: can https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12172 haz priority and maybe even get to 0.16 ?
 776 2018-01-18T19:25:46  <MarcoFalke> I think only what is tagged 0.16 is priority right now
 777 2018-01-18T19:25:56  <MarcoFalke> We didn't do the priority prs thing
 778 2018-01-18T19:26:19  *** anome has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 779 2018-01-18T19:26:21  <wumpus> yes, high priority for review is the 0.16 milestone list right now
 780 2018-01-18T19:26:35  <wumpus> we'll start using the project again after 0.16 is branched
 781 2018-01-18T19:26:43  <MarcoFalke> end meeting?
 782 2018-01-18T19:26:49  <jtimon> MarcoFalke: ok, perhaps it can be priority review but not for 0.16 or priority review but only after 0.16 is forked or something, I don't know
 783 2018-01-18T19:27:25  <MarcoFalke> jtimon: I reviewed it. If other people like it they will come by, I guess.
 784 2018-01-18T19:27:42  <wumpus> jtimon: I've added it to the project anyhow
 785 2018-01-18T19:28:23  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 786 2018-01-18T19:28:34  <wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/milestone/30 is at 8 PRs, 3 issues now
 787 2018-01-18T19:28:51  <wumpus> we gained 3 PRs during this meeting, and closed one issue
 788 2018-01-18T19:29:16  <jonasschnelli> heh... oh boy
 789 2018-01-18T19:29:28  <meshcollider> #12216 can be removed if we decided not to do it?
 790 2018-01-18T19:29:30  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12216 | scripted-diff: prefix [address|change]type parameters with default by Sjors · Pull Request #12216 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 791 2018-01-18T19:29:51  <jonasschnelli> I think #11281 is ready... though another ack would be great
 792 2018-01-18T19:29:54  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11281 | Avoid permanent cs_main/cs_wallet lock during RescanFromTime by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #11281 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 793 2018-01-18T19:29:56  <MarcoFalke> They are just tagged for 0.16. I think some should be closed without merge
 794 2018-01-18T19:29:58  <jtimon> MarcoFalke: thanks, I was just testing waters and as said "microtopic", I can always rebase this tiny thing for my purposes, it's just always good to get the thing you need in if you can, but no big deal at all
 795 2018-01-18T19:30:15  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: so they're not all blockers for 0.16?
 796 2018-01-18T19:30:32  <MarcoFalke> Not all, imo
 797 2018-01-18T19:30:55  <MarcoFalke> e.g. #11489 is clearly a feature
 798 2018-01-18T19:30:58  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11489 | [wallet] sendtoaddress output type argument by kallewoof · Pull Request #11489 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 799 2018-01-18T19:31:24  <jtimon> as said I missed half the meeting but I imagine the leitmotive was "0.16, let's do this!" or something
 800 2018-01-18T19:31:33  <meshcollider> wumpus: #11708 is not on the milestone but might be RTM anyway and would be nice
 801 2018-01-18T19:31:36  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11708 | Add P2SH-P2WSH support to signrawtransaction and listunspent RPC by MeshCollider · Pull Request #11708 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 802 2018-01-18T19:31:47  <wumpus> ok removed #12216
 803 2018-01-18T19:31:49  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12216 | scripted-diff: prefix [address|change]type parameters with default by Sjors · Pull Request #12216 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 804 2018-01-18T19:32:25  <jonasschnelli> Remove #11489 as well? Got also a NACK
 805 2018-01-18T19:32:28  *** larafale has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 806 2018-01-18T19:32:28  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11489 | [wallet] sendtoaddress output type argument by kallewoof · Pull Request #11489 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 807 2018-01-18T19:32:31  <sipa> well 12216 either goes into 0.16, or we don't do it at all - i don't think we should be renaming options that have been in releases
 808 2018-01-18T19:32:39  <wumpus> jtimon: yes, the action was supposed to be 'release 0.16', but we're not there yet apparently :)
 809 2018-01-18T19:32:47  <wumpus> I hope we can do that next week
 810 2018-01-18T19:32:54  <gmaxwell> oh the walletdir stuff wasn't already released?
 811 2018-01-18T19:33:01  <jonasschnelli> sipa: yes.
 812 2018-01-18T19:33:10  <jnewbery> gmaxwell: correct
 813 2018-01-18T19:33:12  <gmaxwell>  renaming it is less crazy than I was thinking.
 814 2018-01-18T19:33:15  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 815 2018-01-18T19:33:21  <wumpus> gmaxwell: no, it's new in 0.16
 816 2018-01-18T19:33:41  <jtimon> wumpus: too bad, but are we ready to fork 0.16?
 817 2018-01-18T19:33:46  <wumpus> jtimon: no!
 818 2018-01-18T19:33:56  <wumpus> we're not ready yet we're not ready yet
 819 2018-01-18T19:34:10  <MarcoFalke> Hopefully early next week, jtimon
 820 2018-01-18T19:34:15  <gmaxwell> You have to say it three times for the spell to work.
 821 2018-01-18T19:34:20  <wumpus> I think we're waiting for sipa's PR and reviews of some of the others
 822 2018-01-18T19:34:32  <wumpus> gmaxwell: we're not ready yet we're not ready yet we're not ready yet
 823 2018-01-18T19:34:34  <jtimon> ok, as always I complain about the release process slowing donw master, which is probably unavoidable
 824 2018-01-18T19:34:50  <meshcollider> Ok remove 11489 and 11134 then?
 825 2018-01-18T19:34:53  <wumpus> can't make everyone happy
 826 2018-01-18T19:35:04  <wumpus> we also don't want to do a crappy release
 827 2018-01-18T19:35:43  <wumpus> better to have it slip a bit and make sure everything is working as it should, than rush it out
 828 2018-01-18T19:36:07  <gmaxwell> 0.16 is very important, I don't think anything !0.16 that is in flight right now is remotely as important as getting 0.16 out soon.
 829 2018-01-18T19:36:40  <jonasschnelli> Removed #11489 from 0.16
 830 2018-01-18T19:36:42  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11489 | [wallet] sendtoaddress output type argument by kallewoof · Pull Request #11489 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 831 2018-01-18T19:36:49  <jtimon> sorry, guys, I'm just impacient, but I wasn't impacient enought to fully review the already merged sw wallet support, so I don't feel I can ask for anything (also as always)
 832 2018-01-18T19:36:54  <gmaxwell> So in the unlikely event that someone can't contribute to making 0.16 better, I think we're still better off with them sitting on their hands rather than doing anything that would make 0.16 take longer or be less good.
 833 2018-01-18T19:37:19  <wumpus> jtimon: exactly, if you want to help hurry the release along, help testing and reviewing the PRs that are left
 834 2018-01-18T19:37:27  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 835 2018-01-18T19:37:45  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ryanofsky closed pull request #12221: RFC: Rename -walletdir option to -walletsdir (scripted-diff) (master...pr/wdren) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12221
 836 2018-01-18T19:37:58  <meshcollider> jonasschnelli: I think the corresponding issue should be removed too
 837 2018-01-18T19:38:13  <jonasschnelli> meshcollider: thanks
 838 2018-01-18T19:38:52  <wumpus> ok, any other topics? if not, let's close early
 839 2018-01-18T19:39:06  <jtimon> wumpus: I know, but I probably won't, I'm sorry, just reiterating my old complain that master shouldn't ever be stopped, no big deal
 840 2018-01-18T19:39:22  <gmaxwell> Noted.
 841 2018-01-18T19:39:35  <wumpus> #endmeeting
 842 2018-01-18T19:39:35  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Jan 18 19:39:35 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
 843 2018-01-18T19:39:35  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-01-18-19.00.html
 844 2018-01-18T19:39:35  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-01-18-19.00.txt
 845 2018-01-18T19:39:35  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-01-18-19.00.log.html
 846 2018-01-18T19:40:09  <wumpus> jtimon: yes, normally we work according to a schedule, this time it's a bit more ad-hoc, on purpose, we won't make a habit out of it
 847 2018-01-18T19:40:36  <meshcollider> It's annoying that the minutes now include every issue that was mentioned in the meeting including repeats...
 848 2018-01-18T19:40:53  <instagibbs> sounds like a job for blockchain
 849 2018-01-18T19:40:55  <jtimon> I know, I think this is very good, I will always ask for even better, sorry
 850 2018-01-18T19:41:14  <gmaxwell> phantomcircuit: on change address matching, our power to do that is kinda limited:  If the output type is p2sh or p2wsh we can't actually tell whats in it, and our usage may look nothing like it.  And also we're not about to use p2pkh on a wallet that is otherwise segwit, just because the payee uses it... since the fee impact to the user would be non-negigible. (though perhaps it would be reason
 851 2018-01-18T19:41:20  <gmaxwell> able to allow that behavior to be configured)
 852 2018-01-18T19:41:55  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
 853 2018-01-18T19:42:13  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 854 2018-01-18T19:42:15  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 855 2018-01-18T19:42:44  *** givanse has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 856 2018-01-18T19:42:55  <gmaxwell> phantomcircuit: what the open PR does, IIRC is if your wallet is configured to use p2sh-embedded-segwit (e.g. the default in master), it will use native segwit for the change if any of the requested outputs are native segwit.
 857 2018-01-18T19:42:59  <sipa> also, once native is common on the network for payments (= many transactions exist which just have a single native segwit output), it may make sense to change the default to producing bech32 change regardless of payment destination, as it's not a privacy leak anymore
 858 2018-01-18T19:44:11  <gmaxwell> and I assume that once BC1 addresses are accepted almost everywhere, we'll change the default to native, and probably keep using native even if the output type is p2sh.
 859 2018-01-18T19:44:34  <gmaxwell> You could argue that there is some advantage to matching, but I think its washed out by the high probablity that the underlying p2sh script does not match.
 860 2018-01-18T19:44:46  <gmaxwell> and the tx fee savings of native.
 861 2018-01-18T19:45:26  <jtimon> wumpus: we haven't forked .16 yet, which imo is generally good until the 0.16 milestone only has 2 or 3 prs left, I just hate duplicating prs and also talling people (specially myelf) to wait until that happens. I'm certain you guys have done what I think it's best: merge prs or move for later in that list before forking. sorry, I'm being reiterative
 862 2018-01-18T19:46:15  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 863 2018-01-18T19:47:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/898f560b55ab...10d10d7fadcf
 864 2018-01-18T19:47:23  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master cc90a4f Russell Yanofsky: Avoid potential null dereference in ReceiveCoinsDialog constructor...
 865 2018-01-18T19:47:24  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 10d10d7 Jonas Schnelli: Merge #12211: Avoid potential null dereference in ReceiveCoinsDialog constructor...
 866 2018-01-18T19:48:12  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli closed pull request #12211: Avoid potential null dereference in ReceiveCoinsDialog constructor (master...pr/nullrecv) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12211
 867 2018-01-18T19:48:44  *** donaloconnor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 868 2018-01-18T19:50:55  *** Randolf has quit IRC
 869 2018-01-18T19:50:57  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 870 2018-01-18T19:52:23  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 871 2018-01-18T19:52:51  *** shesek has quit IRC
 872 2018-01-18T19:55:11  *** dx25 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 873 2018-01-18T19:55:34  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 874 2018-01-18T20:00:05  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 875 2018-01-18T20:02:17  *** larafale has quit IRC
 876 2018-01-18T20:03:09  *** larafale has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 877 2018-01-18T20:04:39  <jnewbery> wumpus: two ACKs for the docs clarification in #12166. It should be merged before v0.16 (or not at all)
 878 2018-01-18T20:04:41  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12166 | [docs] Clarify -walletdir usage by jnewbery · Pull Request #12166 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 879 2018-01-18T20:04:43  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 880 2018-01-18T20:04:50  *** Randolf has quit IRC
 881 2018-01-18T20:05:22  <gmaxwell> merge all the docs
 882 2018-01-18T20:05:35  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 883 2018-01-18T20:05:35  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 884 2018-01-18T20:05:35  <jonasschnelli> jnewbery: I'll have a look
 885 2018-01-18T20:05:52  <wumpus> jnewbery: I think the relative path functionality should be removed
 886 2018-01-18T20:06:15  <wumpus> jnewbery: e.g. #12220
 887 2018-01-18T20:06:16  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12220 | RFC: Error if relative -walletdir is specified by ryanofsky · Pull Request #12220 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 888 2018-01-18T20:06:56  <jnewbery> ok, if 12220 is going to be merged, I should update the release docs to reflect that
 889 2018-01-18T20:07:11  <wumpus> but I'll tag it for 0.16, doc PRs don't hurt
 890 2018-01-18T20:07:19  <ryanofsky> just merge the doc pr now?
 891 2018-01-18T20:07:26  <ryanofsky> i can update the docs in the other one
 892 2018-01-18T20:07:43  <wumpus> ok
 893 2018-01-18T20:08:05  <jnewbery> depends on merge order. I'm happy to update 12166 if 12220 gets merged
 894 2018-01-18T20:08:26  <ryanofsky> same, doc pr seems ready to go though
 895 2018-01-18T20:08:57  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 896 2018-01-18T20:09:27  <jonasschnelli> 12166 is pure documentation regardless of forbidding the relative paths...
 897 2018-01-18T20:09:35  <jonasschnelli> (and its ready for merge IMO)
 898 2018-01-18T20:09:55  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/10d10d7fadcf...e839d6570d9d
 899 2018-01-18T20:09:56  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 97c3cad John Newbery: [docs] Clarify -walletdir usage
 900 2018-01-18T20:09:56  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e839d65 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12166: [docs] Clarify -walletdir usage...
 901 2018-01-18T20:10:46  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12166: [docs] Clarify -walletdir usage (master...clarify_walletdir_usage) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12166
 902 2018-01-18T20:10:52  <wumpus> jonasschnelli: I would have been ok with relative paths if they meant 'relative to datadir' as other relative paths in our options, but relative to current directory isn't really acceptable, that's simply a recipe for confusion, especially if provided in bitcoin.conf
 903 2018-01-18T20:11:05  <wumpus> but forbidding relative paths for the walletdir is fine too
 904 2018-01-18T20:11:48  <jonasschnelli> Yes. I'd say we should forbid relative path for the wallet dir.
 905 2018-01-18T20:12:02  <jonasschnelli> (just said not in 12166)
 906 2018-01-18T20:12:25  <ryanofsky> datadir-relative paths make sense to me too, but we can always add that later if relative paths disallowed now
 907 2018-01-18T20:12:39  <wumpus> yyes, agreed ryanofsky
 908 2018-01-18T20:12:45  <jonasschnelli> +1
 909 2018-01-18T20:13:49  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 910 2018-01-18T20:18:28  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 911 2018-01-18T20:20:02  *** marcoagner has quit IRC
 912 2018-01-18T20:21:36  <wumpus> jonasschnelli: looks like your mainnet DNS seed is malfunctioning
 913 2018-01-18T20:21:46  <jonasschnelli> damit...
 914 2018-01-18T20:21:48  <jonasschnelli> let me check
 915 2018-01-18T20:22:17  <jonasschnelli> hmm... looks good.
 916 2018-01-18T20:22:32  <jonasschnelli> wumpus: what issue did you got on your side?
 917 2018-01-18T20:22:55  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 918 2018-01-18T20:23:10  <jonasschnelli> Getting successful requests/responses as well
 919 2018-01-18T20:24:01  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 920 2018-01-18T20:25:02  <wumpus> jonasschnelli: seems to work again now
 921 2018-01-18T20:25:17  <wumpus> just a few minutes ago, and earlier today it was not
 922 2018-01-18T20:25:33  <jonasschnelli> hmm... maybe a servercenter issue? logs are looking good.
 923 2018-01-18T20:26:19  * jonasschnelli new project for 2018, server center in home cellar, 1Gbit sym. uplink required. :)
 924 2018-01-18T20:27:07  <wumpus> yes, want that too :)
 925 2018-01-18T20:27:31  <jonasschnelli> Just so uneconomical...
 926 2018-01-18T20:27:32  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 927 2018-01-18T20:27:50  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 928 2018-01-18T20:30:26  *** jrieck has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 929 2018-01-18T20:31:28  *** bitzap has quit IRC
 930 2018-01-18T20:31:36  *** bitzap has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 931 2018-01-18T20:39:37  *** bitzap has quit IRC
 932 2018-01-18T20:40:05  *** bitzap has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 933 2018-01-18T20:41:05  *** bitstein has quit IRC
 934 2018-01-18T20:45:21  *** jrieck has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 935 2018-01-18T20:46:22  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/e839d6570d9d...9a97f39afaa8
 936 2018-01-18T20:46:22  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7767842 Jeremiah Buddenhagen: Trivial: Fix spelling in zapwallettxes test description...
 937 2018-01-18T20:46:23  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9a97f39 MarcoFalke: Merge #12212: Trivial: Fix spelling in zapwallettxes test description...
 938 2018-01-18T20:47:12  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #12212: Trivial: Fix spelling in zapwallettxes test description (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12212
 939 2018-01-18T20:51:58  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 940 2018-01-18T21:05:25  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
 941 2018-01-18T21:10:30  *** bule has quit IRC
 942 2018-01-18T21:11:01  *** bule has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 943 2018-01-18T21:11:47  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #12216: scripted-diff: prefix [address|change]type parameters with 'default' (master...2018/01/defaultaddresstype) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12216
 944 2018-01-18T21:18:51  *** hirishaway is now known as hirish
 945 2018-01-18T21:21:43  *** anome has quit IRC
 946 2018-01-18T21:24:23  *** Pavle has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 947 2018-01-18T21:25:04  *** jrieck has quit IRC
 948 2018-01-18T21:29:22  *** Bhearus has quit IRC
 949 2018-01-18T21:31:14  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 950 2018-01-18T21:32:39  *** anome has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 951 2018-01-18T21:36:59  *** jrieck has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 952 2018-01-18T21:38:00  *** jrieck has quit IRC
 953 2018-01-18T21:38:14  *** jrieck has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 954 2018-01-18T21:45:29  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 955 2018-01-18T21:50:11  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
 956 2018-01-18T21:51:18  *** bule has quit IRC
 957 2018-01-18T21:52:20  *** bule has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 958 2018-01-18T21:55:59  *** Guest83740 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 959 2018-01-18T21:56:10  *** Guest83740 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 960 2018-01-18T21:57:50  *** jrieck has quit IRC
 961 2018-01-18T21:58:55  *** shesek has quit IRC
 962 2018-01-18T21:59:20  *** jtimon has quit IRC
 963 2018-01-18T21:59:51  *** jrieck has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 964 2018-01-18T22:00:11  *** larafale has quit IRC
 965 2018-01-18T22:02:28  *** JackH has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 966 2018-01-18T22:02:37  *** spinza has quit IRC
 967 2018-01-18T22:05:30  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
 968 2018-01-18T22:07:33  *** givanse has quit IRC
 969 2018-01-18T22:08:35  *** jrieck has quit IRC
 970 2018-01-18T22:10:28  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 971 2018-01-18T22:10:57  *** Emcy has quit IRC
 972 2018-01-18T22:11:03  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 973 2018-01-18T22:11:03  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 974 2018-01-18T22:19:08  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 975 2018-01-18T22:20:54  *** jrieck has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 976 2018-01-18T22:24:42  *** jrieck has quit IRC
 977 2018-01-18T22:24:58  *** jrieck has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 978 2018-01-18T22:35:36  *** goksinen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 979 2018-01-18T22:35:56  *** Emcy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 980 2018-01-18T22:38:22  *** tknp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 981 2018-01-18T22:40:16  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
 982 2018-01-18T22:40:59  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 983 2018-01-18T22:43:08  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 984 2018-01-18T22:46:56  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
 985 2018-01-18T22:49:36  *** anome has quit IRC
 986 2018-01-18T22:57:01  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 987 2018-01-18T22:57:06  *** donaloconnor has quit IRC
 988 2018-01-18T23:02:56  *** Krellan has quit IRC
 989 2018-01-18T23:08:21  *** goksinen has quit IRC
 990 2018-01-18T23:08:27  *** Madars has quit IRC
 991 2018-01-18T23:09:17  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 992 2018-01-18T23:09:44  *** Cogito_Ergo_Sum has quit IRC
 993 2018-01-18T23:20:39  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
 994 2018-01-18T23:21:23  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 995 2018-01-18T23:26:35  *** mlz has quit IRC
 996 2018-01-18T23:31:05  *** anome has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 997 2018-01-18T23:38:55  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 998 2018-01-18T23:42:57  *** Krellan has quit IRC
 999 2018-01-18T23:45:15  *** Madars has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1000 2018-01-18T23:51:37  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1001 2018-01-18T23:56:15  *** Krellan has quit IRC
1002 2018-01-18T23:58:56  *** jrieck has quit IRC