1 2018-02-08T00:00:14  <sipa> happy thursday
  2 2018-02-08T00:00:39  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  3 2018-02-08T00:01:57  <gmaxwell> so then at least we'd have some amount of base diversity, without any offers to support crazy stuff.
  4 2018-02-08T00:02:13  <gmaxwell> "Why won't it bootstrap on BeOS???????"
  5 2018-02-08T00:06:57  <cfields> gmaxwell: I'd just feel honored to be the preimage for BeOS :p
  6 2018-02-08T00:08:05  <gmaxwell> I used to have a BeOS machine in jenkins CI for opus, it was interesting to test on because it made some pretty different calls from linux on optional extensions beyond pure posix.
  7 2018-02-08T00:08:38  <cfields> erm, when was this?
  8 2018-02-08T00:09:13  <gmaxwell> ten years ago. (it was long dead by then too, of course)
  9 2018-02-08T00:09:44  *** dongcarl has quit IRC
 10 2018-02-08T00:09:48  <cfields> ah, ok. I was trying to figure out the overlap between Jenkins and BeOS.
 11 2018-02-08T00:10:45  <gmaxwell> since jenkins uses java you can run most anything java will run on as a remote build target.
 12 2018-02-08T00:10:51  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 13 2018-02-08T00:18:06  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 14 2018-02-08T00:19:57  *** wxss has quit IRC
 15 2018-02-08T00:21:14  *** jojeyh has quit IRC
 16 2018-02-08T00:25:16  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 17 2018-02-08T00:26:10  *** jojeyh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 18 2018-02-08T00:27:53  *** tn2or3 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 19 2018-02-08T00:33:42  *** tn2or3 has quit IRC
 20 2018-02-08T00:36:05  *** intcat has quit IRC
 21 2018-02-08T00:40:14  *** intcat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 22 2018-02-08T00:44:04  *** Dizzle has quit IRC
 23 2018-02-08T00:44:06  <contrapumpkin> have y'all looked at the Nix builds of bitcoin at all?
 24 2018-02-08T00:44:23  <contrapumpkin> roconnor wrote most of them, but it's a nice baseline to start with
 25 2018-02-08T00:44:33  <sipa> i don't think they're deterministic?
 26 2018-02-08T00:44:45  <contrapumpkin> I don't think so either
 27 2018-02-08T00:45:01  <contrapumpkin> but it's a less heavyweight starting point than a VM for the determinism
 28 2018-02-08T00:45:22  <contrapumpkin> when all your inputs are effectively deterministic modulo meaningless shit
 29 2018-02-08T00:45:30  *** neha has quit IRC
 30 2018-02-08T00:45:51  <sipa> contrapumpkin: i think we pretty much already have all that that does through the depends build system
 31 2018-02-08T00:46:22  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 32 2018-02-08T00:47:00  *** tn2or3 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 33 2018-02-08T00:49:32  *** zivl has quit IRC
 34 2018-02-08T00:50:17  *** tn2or3 has quit IRC
 35 2018-02-08T00:53:17  *** neha has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 36 2018-02-08T00:58:47  <Randolf> contrapumpkin:  I recently made a minor contribution by adding instructions for NetBSD support, and there were many developers who took an interest in what I was doing and helped to make it even better.
 37 2018-02-08T00:59:26  <Randolf> contrapumpkin:  It seems to me that Unix/Linux support is very good, but I guess you've got some improvements in mind?  (If so, great!)
 38 2018-02-08T01:01:49  *** dabura667 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 39 2018-02-08T01:11:10  *** jojeyh has quit IRC
 40 2018-02-08T01:17:30  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theuni opened pull request #12381: Remove more boost threads (master...boost-threads-again) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12381
 41 2018-02-08T01:25:35  *** arbitrary_guy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 42 2018-02-08T01:31:30  *** Randolf has quit IRC
 43 2018-02-08T01:34:38  *** ProfMac has quit IRC
 44 2018-02-08T01:37:52  *** ProfMac has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 45 2018-02-08T01:41:10  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
 46 2018-02-08T01:43:39  *** ProfMac has quit IRC
 47 2018-02-08T01:45:09  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
 48 2018-02-08T01:47:46  *** whphhg_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 49 2018-02-08T01:48:49  *** whphhg has quit IRC
 50 2018-02-08T01:51:39  *** ProfMac has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 51 2018-02-08T01:56:40  *** ProfMac has quit IRC
 52 2018-02-08T01:58:01  *** jojeyh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 53 2018-02-08T02:05:04  *** VeraZ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 54 2018-02-08T02:12:21  *** zivl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 55 2018-02-08T02:17:24  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] pristantyo opened pull request #12382: Request Source Code Pull (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12382
 56 2018-02-08T02:18:34  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #12382: Request Source Code Pull (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12382
 57 2018-02-08T02:21:21  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 58 2018-02-08T02:27:47  *** RubenSomsen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 59 2018-02-08T02:28:25  *** Murch has quit IRC
 60 2018-02-08T02:29:29  *** RubenSomsen has quit IRC
 61 2018-02-08T02:29:42  *** RubenSomsen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 62 2018-02-08T02:31:36  *** VeraZ has quit IRC
 63 2018-02-08T02:33:31  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 64 2018-02-08T02:34:13  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 65 2018-02-08T02:38:07  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
 66 2018-02-08T02:50:57  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 67 2018-02-08T02:57:06  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
 68 2018-02-08T02:57:41  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 69 2018-02-08T03:01:57  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
 70 2018-02-08T03:04:22  *** ProfMac has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 71 2018-02-08T03:08:41  *** dongcarl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 72 2018-02-08T03:12:48  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 73 2018-02-08T03:14:35  *** tn2or3 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 74 2018-02-08T03:15:28  *** ProfMac has quit IRC
 75 2018-02-08T03:15:29  *** tn2or3 has quit IRC
 76 2018-02-08T03:15:52  *** ProfMac has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 77 2018-02-08T03:18:03  *** zautomata1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 78 2018-02-08T03:18:21  *** dongcarl has quit IRC
 79 2018-02-08T03:19:45  *** dongcarl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 80 2018-02-08T03:19:55  *** jamesob has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 81 2018-02-08T03:20:05  *** zautomata has quit IRC
 82 2018-02-08T03:25:21  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
 83 2018-02-08T03:27:40  *** belcher has quit IRC
 84 2018-02-08T03:31:06  *** checksauce has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 85 2018-02-08T03:33:33  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
 86 2018-02-08T03:47:20  *** [Author] has quit IRC
 87 2018-02-08T03:48:23  *** jamesob has quit IRC
 88 2018-02-08T03:48:28  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 89 2018-02-08T03:53:09  *** [Author] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 90 2018-02-08T04:08:07  *** dongcarl has quit IRC
 91 2018-02-08T04:11:41  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 92 2018-02-08T04:13:27  *** TheRec has quit IRC
 93 2018-02-08T04:13:30  *** TheRec_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 94 2018-02-08T04:24:27  *** cryptojanitor has quit IRC
 95 2018-02-08T04:28:33  *** Emcy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 96 2018-02-08T04:29:59  *** Emcy_ has quit IRC
 97 2018-02-08T04:54:26  *** checksauce has quit IRC
 98 2018-02-08T05:13:49  *** checksauce has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 99 2018-02-08T05:18:21  *** flokie has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
100 2018-02-08T05:37:08  *** dermoth has quit IRC
101 2018-02-08T05:41:02  *** sengehest has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
102 2018-02-08T05:41:35  *** a5m0 has quit IRC
103 2018-02-08T05:43:38  *** dermoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
104 2018-02-08T05:44:45  *** a5m0 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
105 2018-02-08T05:48:17  *** dermoth has quit IRC
106 2018-02-08T05:48:47  *** dermoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
107 2018-02-08T05:55:25  *** sengehest has quit IRC
108 2018-02-08T05:55:35  *** sengehest has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
109 2018-02-08T06:01:50  *** checksauce has quit IRC
110 2018-02-08T06:02:22  *** checksauce has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
111 2018-02-08T06:02:37  *** checksauce has quit IRC
112 2018-02-08T06:07:04  *** dermoth has quit IRC
113 2018-02-08T06:07:51  *** dermoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
114 2018-02-08T06:13:20  *** sengehest has quit IRC
115 2018-02-08T06:13:40  *** sengehest has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
116 2018-02-08T06:15:09  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
117 2018-02-08T06:17:10  *** RubenSomsen has quit IRC
118 2018-02-08T06:17:59  *** rex_4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
119 2018-02-08T06:22:25  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
120 2018-02-08T06:42:15  *** RubenSomsen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
121 2018-02-08T07:16:20  *** checksauce has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
122 2018-02-08T07:29:11  *** Deadhand has quit IRC
123 2018-02-08T07:39:03  *** checksau_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
124 2018-02-08T07:39:03  *** checksauce has quit IRC
125 2018-02-08T07:41:26  *** Deadhand has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
126 2018-02-08T07:41:58  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/0277173b1def...7217ea2cc8dd
127 2018-02-08T07:41:59  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1c9394a Matt Corallo: Fix fast-shutdown hang on ThreadImport+GenesisWait...
128 2018-02-08T07:41:59  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master dd2de47 Matt Corallo: Fix fast-shutdown crash if genesis block was not loaded...
129 2018-02-08T07:42:00  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7217ea2 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12367: Fix two fast-shutdown bugs...
130 2018-02-08T07:42:43  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12367: Fix two fast-shutdown bugs (master...2018-02-wait-genesis-exit) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12367
131 2018-02-08T07:46:44  *** dermoth has quit IRC
132 2018-02-08T07:52:00  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7217ea2cc8dd...36a927c52585
133 2018-02-08T07:52:00  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2222bf0 MarcoFalke: qt: Poll ShutdownTimer after init is done
134 2018-02-08T07:52:01  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 36a927c Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12377: qt: Poll ShutdownTimer after init is done...
135 2018-02-08T07:52:55  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12377: qt: Poll ShutdownTimer after init is done (master...Mf1802-qtInitShutdown) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12377
136 2018-02-08T07:52:58  <sipa> woohoo
137 2018-02-08T07:53:39  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/36a927c52585...11f3eac79334
138 2018-02-08T07:53:40  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f5a4c3d Wladimir J. van der Laan: qt: Make sure splash screen is freed on AppInitMain fail...
139 2018-02-08T07:53:40  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1e5d14b Wladimir J. van der Laan: qt: Clarify some comments...
140 2018-02-08T07:53:41  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 11f3eac Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12374: qt: Make sure splash screen is freed on AppInitMain fail...
141 2018-02-08T07:54:25  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12374: qt: Make sure splash screen is freed on AppInitMain fail (master...2017_02_splash_abort) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12374
142 2018-02-08T07:57:47  *** dermoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
143 2018-02-08T07:58:55  *** sengehest has quit IRC
144 2018-02-08T08:17:34  *** wallet42 has quit IRC
145 2018-02-08T08:18:00  *** wallet42 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
146 2018-02-08T08:18:22  *** hsmiths has quit IRC
147 2018-02-08T08:22:14  *** Ruben has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
148 2018-02-08T08:22:20  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 4 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/11f3eac79334...6db4fa7ad329
149 2018-02-08T08:22:21  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b1c2370 Wladimir J. van der Laan: http: Join worker threads before deleting work queue...
150 2018-02-08T08:22:21  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f946654 Wladimir J. van der Laan: http: Remove WaitExit from WorkQueue...
151 2018-02-08T08:22:22  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 11e0151 Wladimir J. van der Laan: http: Remove numThreads and ThreadCounter...
152 2018-02-08T08:22:27  *** RubenSomsen has quit IRC
153 2018-02-08T08:23:07  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12366: http: Join worker threads before deleting work queue (master...2017_02_httpserver_join) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12366
154 2018-02-08T08:25:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to 0.16: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/f17942a3bc81...da84760701dc
155 2018-02-08T08:25:53  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.16 d56355a MarcoFalke: 0.16: Check in current release notes draft
156 2018-02-08T08:25:54  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.16 da84760 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12380: 0.16: Check in current release notes draft...
157 2018-02-08T08:32:37  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Willtech opened pull request #12384: Docs: Edited /doc/tor.md (master...tor.md) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12384
158 2018-02-08T08:38:22  *** intcat has quit IRC
159 2018-02-08T08:39:41  *** intcat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
160 2018-02-08T08:40:06  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/6db4fa7ad329...d57d10ee96a6
161 2018-02-08T08:40:07  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 85aa839 Matt Corallo: Hold mempool.cs for the duration of ATMP....
162 2018-02-08T08:40:07  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 02fc886 Matt Corallo: Add braces to meet code style on line-after-the-one-changed.
163 2018-02-08T08:40:08  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d57d10e Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12368: Hold mempool.cs for the duration of ATMP....
164 2018-02-08T08:40:58  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12368: Hold mempool.cs for the duration of ATMP. (master...2018-02-getrawmempool-race) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12368
165 2018-02-08T08:41:39  <gmaxwell> FWIW, I've had that stack of patches running for a few hours without issue, plus some restart cycles in valgrind.
166 2018-02-08T08:47:27  *** neha has quit IRC
167 2018-02-08T08:48:46  *** neha has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
168 2018-02-08T08:56:42  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/d57d10ee96a6...ab4ee6e69242
169 2018-02-08T08:56:42  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 45eea40 fivepiece: Bech32 addresses in dumpwallet...
170 2018-02-08T08:56:43  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ab4ee6e Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12315: Bech32 addresses in dumpwallet...
171 2018-02-08T08:57:28  <arubi> yay :)
172 2018-02-08T08:57:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12315: Bech32 addresses in dumpwallet (master...dumpwallet-bech32) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12315
173 2018-02-08T08:57:37  <gmaxwell> okay, that one I didn't test.
174 2018-02-08T09:02:09  *** intcat has quit IRC
175 2018-02-08T09:02:53  *** intcat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
176 2018-02-08T09:04:28  *** arbitrary_guy has quit IRC
177 2018-02-08T09:05:22  *** arbitrary_guy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
178 2018-02-08T09:11:02  <wumpus> yeah, the bech32 dumpwallet one is the one of the bunch that isn't completely straightforward and might require more testing - luckily this will be rc3, not final
179 2018-02-08T09:12:52  <wumpus> the "address type is whatever there is a label for" part is interesting
180 2018-02-08T09:13:32  <wumpus> though correct, I think
181 2018-02-08T09:15:33  *** arbitrary_guy has quit IRC
182 2018-02-08T09:17:00  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
183 2018-02-08T09:18:47  <gmaxwell> the alternative construction would be to emit duplicate lines, one with each address we'd accept.
184 2018-02-08T09:19:49  <sipa> it's just in a comment anyway
185 2018-02-08T09:19:56  <wumpus> yes
186 2018-02-08T09:20:46  *** timothy has quit IRC
187 2018-02-08T09:23:41  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
188 2018-02-08T09:25:33  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 11 new commits to 0.16: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/da84760701dc...758a41e10045
189 2018-02-08T09:25:34  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.16 09fc859 Matt Corallo: Fix fast-shutdown hang on ThreadImport+GenesisWait...
190 2018-02-08T09:25:34  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.16 0f207c4 Matt Corallo: Fix fast-shutdown crash if genesis block was not loaded...
191 2018-02-08T09:25:35  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.16 604f289 MarcoFalke: qt: Poll ShutdownTimer after init is done...
192 2018-02-08T09:27:23  *** go1111111 has quit IRC
193 2018-02-08T09:28:11  *** drizztbsd has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
194 2018-02-08T09:28:59  *** timothy has quit IRC
195 2018-02-08T09:29:17  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
196 2018-02-08T09:29:50  *** rex_4539 has quit IRC
197 2018-02-08T09:30:46  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
198 2018-02-08T09:34:09  *** Sinclair_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
199 2018-02-08T09:34:50  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
200 2018-02-08T09:35:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 1 new commit to 0.16: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/4f63a43f6b0425b4cdd9211283017af375e18c90
201 2018-02-08T09:35:23  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.16 4f63a43 Wladimir J. van der Laan: qt: Pre-rc3 translations update...
202 2018-02-08T09:35:58  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
203 2018-02-08T09:36:45  *** larafale has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
204 2018-02-08T09:37:05  *** Sinclair6 has quit IRC
205 2018-02-08T09:41:59  *** checksau_ has quit IRC
206 2018-02-08T09:45:18  *** Sinclair_ has quit IRC
207 2018-02-08T09:47:27  *** Sinclair6 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
208 2018-02-08T09:50:41  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 1 new commit to 0.16: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/a5e3d44cc8f61f03a94d57302ff8c33c8f8a8689
209 2018-02-08T09:50:41  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.16 a5e3d44 Wladimir J. van der Laan: doc: Update release notes from wiki (for rc3 PRs)...
210 2018-02-08T09:52:11  *** Sinclair6 has quit IRC
211 2018-02-08T09:53:08  <wumpus> okay, anything I forgot before tagging rc3?
212 2018-02-08T09:53:18  *** [Author] has quit IRC
213 2018-02-08T09:58:22  <midnightmagic> YES WAIT..
214 2018-02-08T09:58:26  <midnightmagic> j/k
215 2018-02-08T09:59:25  *** Aaronvan_ has quit IRC
216 2018-02-08T10:00:26  *** drizztbsd is now known as timothy
217 2018-02-08T10:00:49  *** echonaut has quit IRC
218 2018-02-08T10:01:12  *** echonaut has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
219 2018-02-08T10:01:48  *** Sinclair6 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
220 2018-02-08T10:04:31  <wumpus> hehe
221 2018-02-08T10:05:25  <wumpus>  * [new tag]         v0.16.0rc3 -> v0.16.0rc3
222 2018-02-08T10:10:05  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
223 2018-02-08T10:11:58  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/ab4ee6e69242...c9ca4f6024e0
224 2018-02-08T10:11:58  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b947d38 Akira Takizawa: Add gitian PGP key: akx20000
225 2018-02-08T10:11:59  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c9ca4f6 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12371: Add gitian PGP key: akx20000...
226 2018-02-08T10:12:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12371: Add gitian PGP key: akx20000 (master...gitian-key) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12371
227 2018-02-08T10:13:53  *** jtimon has quit IRC
228 2018-02-08T10:14:32  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
229 2018-02-08T10:14:51  *** hsmiths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
230 2018-02-08T10:21:15  *** gribble has quit IRC
231 2018-02-08T10:23:57  *** gribble has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
232 2018-02-08T10:25:46  <promag> wumpus: no more theme release right?
233 2018-02-08T10:26:02  <wumpus> hopefully not
234 2018-02-08T10:29:10  <promag> wumpus: if you find the time #12333
235 2018-02-08T10:29:34  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12333 | Make CWallet::ListCoins atomic by promag · Pull Request #12333 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
236 2018-02-08T10:29:42  <promag> add ?w=1
237 2018-02-08T10:30:19  *** dabura667 has quit IRC
238 2018-02-08T10:43:32  *** gribble has quit IRC
239 2018-02-08T10:49:39  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
240 2018-02-08T10:50:49  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
241 2018-02-08T10:54:02  *** murrayn has quit IRC
242 2018-02-08T10:54:20  *** murrayn has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
243 2018-02-08T10:55:23  <promag> wumpus: this should be ready #12298
244 2018-02-08T10:57:22  *** Sinclair6 has quit IRC
245 2018-02-08T10:57:28  *** go1111111 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
246 2018-02-08T10:57:55  *** Sinclair6 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
247 2018-02-08T11:02:27  *** DrFeelGood has quit IRC
248 2018-02-08T11:04:26  *** DrFeelGood has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
249 2018-02-08T11:10:48  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
250 2018-02-08T11:14:57  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
251 2018-02-08T11:18:08  *** murrayn has quit IRC
252 2018-02-08T11:19:29  *** checksauce has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
253 2018-02-08T11:20:49  <provoostenator> Time to ssh into my computer, start the gitian VM, ssh into that and then have it build the vm that builds rc3. Must go deeper!
254 2018-02-08T11:22:38  <promag> provoostenator: and play this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imamcajBEJs
255 2018-02-08T11:22:58  <provoostenator> No, I'm tethering...
256 2018-02-08T11:23:18  *** rex_4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
257 2018-02-08T11:23:29  *** murrayn has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
258 2018-02-08T11:24:16  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
259 2018-02-08T11:25:10  <promag> IMO we should add the version when something is deprecated, like DEPRECATED(0.16.0)
260 2018-02-08T11:26:08  <promag> without that a reviewer must blame to see when it was deprecated
261 2018-02-08T11:26:15  <promag> context 12336
262 2018-02-08T11:27:34  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
263 2018-02-08T11:29:44  *** checksauce has quit IRC
264 2018-02-08T11:33:42  *** gribble has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
265 2018-02-08T11:35:27  *** DrFeelGood has quit IRC
266 2018-02-08T11:42:00  <promag> Close 12387..
267 2018-02-08T11:45:30  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
268 2018-02-08T11:50:23  <arubi> comments on #12321 ?
269 2018-02-08T11:50:25  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12321 | p2wsh and p2sh-p2wsh address in decodescript by fivepiece · Pull Request #12321 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
270 2018-02-08T11:50:43  *** cryptojanitor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
271 2018-02-08T11:58:56  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
272 2018-02-08T12:04:41  <arubi> oh actually I could use GetScriptForWitness() right?
273 2018-02-08T12:05:35  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
274 2018-02-08T12:07:10  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
275 2018-02-08T12:07:48  <arubi> well not blindly, it might return a p2wpkh instead
276 2018-02-08T12:14:38  *** gauravgoyal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
277 2018-02-08T12:17:05  <wumpus> what's wrong with travis on rc3?
278 2018-02-08T12:17:06  <wumpus> 0.04s$ if [ "$CHECK_DOC" = 1 ]; then contrib/devtools/git-subtree-check.sh src/crypto/ctaes; fi ERROR: src/crypto/ctaes is not a subtree
279 2018-02-08T12:17:12  <wumpus> https://travis-ci.org/bitcoin/bitcoin/jobs/338906244
280 2018-02-08T12:17:49  <wumpus> I cannot reproduce that error locally
281 2018-02-08T12:19:12  *** DrFeelGood has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
282 2018-02-08T12:19:39  *** DrFeelGood has quit IRC
283 2018-02-08T12:21:17  <promag> cache?
284 2018-02-08T12:24:41  <wumpus> deleted the cache for the 0.16 branch, we'll see
285 2018-02-08T12:27:15  <wumpus> same issue
286 2018-02-08T12:31:27  *** gauravgoyal has quit IRC
287 2018-02-08T12:31:46  <promag> wumpus: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commits/0.16
288 2018-02-08T12:31:49  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/c9ca4f6024e0...a1ffddb90d1b
289 2018-02-08T12:31:49  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5bdbbdc João Barbosa: Refactor HaveKeys to early return on false result
290 2018-02-08T12:31:50  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a1ffddb Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12298: Refactor HaveKeys to early return on false result...
291 2018-02-08T12:32:44  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12298: Refactor HaveKeys to early return on false result (master...2018-01-ismine-havekeys) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12298
292 2018-02-08T12:32:46  <promag> this happened before https://travis-ci.org/bitcoin/bitcoin/jobs/338892886
293 2018-02-08T12:36:32  <wumpus> "git log src/crypto/ctaes" shows the last change to ctaes was made a year and two months ago
294 2018-02-08T12:37:13  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
295 2018-02-08T12:37:28  <wumpus> maybe it has to do with "git clone --depth=50 --branch=0.16" , will try that
296 2018-02-08T12:38:04  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
297 2018-02-08T12:39:05  <wumpus> that's it: at depth 50, it cannot see that it is a subtree
298 2018-02-08T12:39:57  <wumpus> e.g. the last change to ctaes was more than 50 commits ago, so for a shallow checkout, it's "lost"
299 2018-02-08T12:40:55  <wumpus> the obvious solution would be to clone deeper, I guess, though it might be kicking the can down the road, I'd say to be robust the check needs to generate a warning in this case but continue
300 2018-02-08T12:42:04  <wumpus> anyow I'll create a github issue, good to know at least this signals nothing important
301 2018-02-08T12:47:28  <wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12388
302 2018-02-08T12:51:39  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/a1ffddb90d1b...b2645286745b
303 2018-02-08T12:51:39  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 27736f2 fivepiece: add fivepiece key fingerprint
304 2018-02-08T12:51:40  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b264528 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12354: add gpg key for fivepiece...
305 2018-02-08T12:52:10  <arubi> oh thanks, I was about to mention after pushing rc3 sigs
306 2018-02-08T12:52:28  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12354: add gpg key for fivepiece (master...add-fivepiece-gpg-key) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12354
307 2018-02-08T12:54:02  *** Talia34Lemke has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
308 2018-02-08T12:57:55  *** DrFeelGood has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
309 2018-02-08T13:08:29  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
310 2018-02-08T13:10:39  *** belcher has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
311 2018-02-08T13:11:33  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
312 2018-02-08T13:13:10  *** mmgen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
313 2018-02-08T13:16:05  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
314 2018-02-08T13:27:46  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
315 2018-02-08T13:28:49  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
316 2018-02-08T13:29:35  *** SopaXorzTaker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
317 2018-02-08T13:33:24  *** jamesob has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
318 2018-02-08T13:38:07  *** jtimon has quit IRC
319 2018-02-08T13:41:36  *** lio17 has quit IRC
320 2018-02-08T13:41:59  *** lio17 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
321 2018-02-08T13:52:52  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
322 2018-02-08T13:57:14  *** Ruben has quit IRC
323 2018-02-08T14:03:32  *** jamesob has quit IRC
324 2018-02-08T14:12:17  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
325 2018-02-08T14:13:57  *** DrFeelGood has quit IRC
326 2018-02-08T14:17:41  *** DrFeelGood has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
327 2018-02-08T14:20:10  *** jamesob has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
328 2018-02-08T14:27:06  *** conman has quit IRC
329 2018-02-08T14:27:25  *** jamesob_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
330 2018-02-08T14:29:00  *** capa66 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
331 2018-02-08T14:29:48  *** jamesob has quit IRC
332 2018-02-08T14:38:52  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 9 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/b2645286745b...3843780fd8e0
333 2018-02-08T14:38:53  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d119f2e John Newbery: [tests] Fix style warnings in feature_fee_estimation.py
334 2018-02-08T14:38:53  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a5623b1 John Newbery: [tests] Remove tests for deprecated estimatefee RPC
335 2018-02-08T14:38:54  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a8e437a John Newbery: [tests] Remove estimatefee from rpc_deprecated.py test
336 2018-02-08T14:39:44  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12336: Remove deprecated rpc options (master...remove_deprecated_rpcs) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12336
337 2018-02-08T14:44:27  *** DrFeelGood has quit IRC
338 2018-02-08T14:50:58  *** DrFeelGood has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
339 2018-02-08T14:53:19  <BlueMatt> wumpus: where are we managing release notes for 16? (or do you want to just make sure that they mention the change in regtest consensus rules causing a CheckBlockIndex() failure on upgrade)
340 2018-02-08T14:53:24  <BlueMatt> ie #11782
341 2018-02-08T14:53:25  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11782 | Assertion failure in validation.cpp:4203 (re: pindexFirstNeverProcessed) · Issue #11782 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
342 2018-02-08T14:53:27  *** SopaXorzTaker has quit IRC
343 2018-02-08T14:54:32  <wumpus> BlueMatt: https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/0.16.0-Release-notes
344 2018-02-08T14:54:48  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 4 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/3843780fd8e0...935eb8de039d
345 2018-02-08T14:54:49  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0b9207e practicalswift: Enable flake8 warning for "list comprehension redefines 'foo' from line N" (F812)
346 2018-02-08T14:54:49  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4cbab15 practicalswift: tests: Fix accidental redefinition of previously defined variable via list comprehension
347 2018-02-08T14:54:50  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a9d0ebc practicalswift: Enable flake8 warnings for all currently non-violated rules
348 2018-02-08T14:55:06  <wumpus> it's currently the same as the one on the 0.16 branch, but you should do editing on the wiki
349 2018-02-08T14:56:03  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #12295: Enable flake8 warnings for all currently non-violated rules (master...accidental-redefinition-of-variable) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12295
350 2018-02-08T14:57:51  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
351 2018-02-08T15:00:06  *** china008cn has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
352 2018-02-08T15:02:48  *** neha has quit IRC
353 2018-02-08T15:03:03  *** neha has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
354 2018-02-08T15:03:24  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
355 2018-02-08T15:03:47  *** SopaXorzTaker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
356 2018-02-08T15:05:08  <BlueMatt> thanks!
357 2018-02-08T15:05:34  *** afilini has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
358 2018-02-08T15:06:06  <instagibbs> i was able to do a couple gitian runs, now compiling rc3 and getting: ./bin/gbuild:21:in `system!': failed to run on-target setarch x86_64 bash -x < var/build-script > var/build.log 2>&1 (RuntimeError)
359 2018-02-08T15:06:19  <instagibbs> ideas?
360 2018-02-08T15:14:28  *** arbitrary_guy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
361 2018-02-08T15:18:55  *** arbitrary_guy has quit IRC
362 2018-02-08T15:19:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MajorFireball opened pull request #12390: Docs 0.16 - SHA verification for regular people on Windows (master...0.16) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12390
363 2018-02-08T15:20:41  <wumpus> instagibbs: anything in build.log?
364 2018-02-08T15:22:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12390: Docs 0.16 - SHA verification for regular people on Windows (master...0.16) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12390
365 2018-02-08T15:28:04  *** arbitrary_guy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
366 2018-02-08T15:32:43  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/935eb8de039d...663911ed581d
367 2018-02-08T15:32:43  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa795cf MarcoFalke: wallet: Disallow abandon of conflicted txes
368 2018-02-08T15:32:44  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 663911e Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12282: wallet: Disallow abandon of conflicted txes...
369 2018-02-08T15:33:09  <instagibbs> re-running with just linux build to get saner log
370 2018-02-08T15:33:29  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12282: wallet: Disallow abandon of conflicted txes (master...Mf1801-walletBumpAbandonOnlyNonConflictedTxes) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12282
371 2018-02-08T15:33:41  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
372 2018-02-08T15:37:57  *** arbitrary_guy has quit IRC
373 2018-02-08T15:38:08  *** unholymachine has quit IRC
374 2018-02-08T15:38:26  *** mmgen has quit IRC
375 2018-02-08T15:39:06  <instagibbs> wumpus, pages and pages of file timestamps being from the future, and "Check your system clock" message, followed by exit
376 2018-02-08T15:39:26  *** unholymachine has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
377 2018-02-08T15:43:16  <wumpus> instagibbs: strange, never seen that before
378 2018-02-08T15:44:09  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
379 2018-02-08T15:45:54  *** capa66 has quit IRC
380 2018-02-08T15:53:33  <wumpus> gitian seems like a gambling machine sometimes
381 2018-02-08T15:54:17  *** [Author] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
382 2018-02-08T15:54:19  <wumpus> (though, maybe as a surprising anecdote, here it's been 100% reliable for a long time)
383 2018-02-08T15:57:08  *** [Author] has quit IRC
384 2018-02-08T15:57:08  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
385 2018-02-08T15:58:19  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
386 2018-02-08T16:00:27  *** DrFeelGood has quit IRC
387 2018-02-08T16:01:03  *** tryphe has quit IRC
388 2018-02-08T16:01:25  <wumpus> oh crap, I've just apt-get-upgraded the VM running gitian, this might have been the last time that ^
389 2018-02-08T16:01:31  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
390 2018-02-08T16:04:59  <achow101> wumpus: I highly suggest that you never do that because it will break gitian
391 2018-02-08T16:05:35  <wumpus> so this went to debian 8.x now, not 9
392 2018-02-08T16:05:59  *** jigawatt has quit IRC
393 2018-02-08T16:06:17  *** tryphe has quit IRC
394 2018-02-08T16:06:29  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
395 2018-02-08T16:09:57  <wumpus> oh, wrong, /etc/debian_version says 9.3
396 2018-02-08T16:11:36  <wumpus> no it is 8.10 alright, checked the wrong VM, phew. It would have been really surprising to end up with 9 when just upgrading packages on 8.x. Now let's see if the build still works.
397 2018-02-08T16:14:14  <instagibbs> running 8.10 here as well hm
398 2018-02-08T16:15:24  *** DrFeelGood has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
399 2018-02-08T16:17:04  *** Ruben has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
400 2018-02-08T16:17:06  <MarcoFalke> debian 9 should work after the fix https://github.com/bitcoin-core/docs/pull/22
401 2018-02-08T16:19:56  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
402 2018-02-08T16:23:21  *** owowo has quit IRC
403 2018-02-08T16:24:26  *** Chris_St1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
404 2018-02-08T16:24:59  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
405 2018-02-08T16:28:17  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
406 2018-02-08T16:30:23  *** mmgen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
407 2018-02-08T16:32:44  <provoostenator> instagibbs: I'm also getting " failed to run on-target setarch x86_64 "
408 2018-02-08T16:33:14  <provoostenator> And that's a fresh Debian 8 that I used for rc2 two days ago.
409 2018-02-08T16:36:33  <provoostenator> Though I used --setup that time, using -b this time.
410 2018-02-08T16:38:31  *** dermoth has quit IRC
411 2018-02-08T16:38:52  <wumpus> buliding on (upgraded) 8.10 seems to be going ok here
412 2018-02-08T16:38:58  *** dermoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
413 2018-02-08T16:39:52  <provoostenator> My VM clock is totally wrong though, why doesn't Debian sync it?
414 2018-02-08T16:40:31  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
415 2018-02-08T16:40:49  <Sentineo> is it just an offset ? it does it for me on lxc ... always gmt
416 2018-02-08T16:41:14  <wumpus> debian doesn't install as many packages by default as ubuntu does, maybe you need to install the ntp stuff
417 2018-02-08T16:42:16  <wumpus> always compare date -u against UTC, the timezone shouldn't matter
418 2018-02-08T16:42:17  <provoostenator> I just installed ntp. Trying gitian again.
419 2018-02-08T16:43:42  <instagibbs> i thought mocktime somethingsomething was under the hood for these builds
420 2018-02-08T16:43:59  <MarcoFalke> yeah, why would wall clock time matter
421 2018-02-08T16:44:17  *** Randolf has quit IRC
422 2018-02-08T16:45:00  *** mmgen has quit IRC
423 2018-02-08T16:47:27  <instagibbs> provoostenator, please report back, ill hold out
424 2018-02-08T16:49:26  <provoostenator> That seems to have done the trick.
425 2018-02-08T16:49:44  <provoostenator> So let's just add installation instructions for ntp to the docs and not worry about why :-P
426 2018-02-08T16:51:30  <achow101> instagibbs: MarcoFalke I'm guessing that the time of the vm and the time of the lxc container need to be the same so that the vm can send commands to the container
427 2018-02-08T16:51:36  <achow101> the container has mocktime for the build itself
428 2018-02-08T16:52:01  <wumpus> yes, having working instruction is more important than knowing why, I've found that usually with time-related problems it's something with SSL certificates or other network communications getting confused about large time differences
429 2018-02-08T16:52:27  <provoostenator> I wonder what made suddenly made it picky though; I never paid much attention to the time on my gitian machines thus far, and I certainly didn't leave them on non-stop.
430 2018-02-08T16:52:32  <wumpus> also if your time is too far in the past, any .tar.gz you unpack will have dates in the future, causing problems with make
431 2018-02-08T16:52:59  <provoostenator> I may however have frozen the state, rather than shutting it down.
432 2018-02-08T16:55:22  <Sentineo> some daemons refuse to start when time is not going forward, especially network daemons
433 2018-02-08T16:56:55  *** mmgen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
434 2018-02-08T16:59:37  *** promag has quit IRC
435 2018-02-08T16:59:54  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
436 2018-02-08T17:01:04  *** jigawatt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
437 2018-02-08T17:01:33  *** mmgen has quit IRC
438 2018-02-08T17:04:30  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
439 2018-02-08T17:05:03  *** sanada has quit IRC
440 2018-02-08T17:05:41  <instagibbs> yeah looks like it's fixed
441 2018-02-08T17:07:27  *** finkan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
442 2018-02-08T17:08:53  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
443 2018-02-08T17:13:05  *** mmgen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
444 2018-02-08T17:20:22  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
445 2018-02-08T17:24:48  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
446 2018-02-08T17:26:19  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
447 2018-02-08T17:30:37  *** vexbuy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
448 2018-02-08T17:39:49  *** owowo has quit IRC
449 2018-02-08T17:42:19  *** [Author] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
450 2018-02-08T17:43:57  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
451 2018-02-08T17:44:15  *** ken2812221 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
452 2018-02-08T17:48:18  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
453 2018-02-08T17:55:36  <promag> jnewbery: do you think bitcoind should auto-set LIBC_FATAL_STDERR_?
454 2018-02-08T17:59:00  <wumpus> no, bitcoind should not set that, if desired it's intended to be set in the environment by calling process
455 2018-02-08T18:00:43  *** mandric has quit IRC
456 2018-02-08T18:01:02  <promag> ok, I didn't know that env var
457 2018-02-08T18:01:44  *** mandric has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
458 2018-02-08T18:01:45  <wumpus> me neither; it's specific to glibc so will likely not work on other OSes
459 2018-02-08T18:02:34  <wumpus> or at least other C libraries
460 2018-02-08T18:02:51  *** timothy has quit IRC
461 2018-02-08T18:03:44  <promag> jnewbery: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12379/commits/f70e7997d26e3e456486ab0a351b8a352de07935 s/stdout/stderr in commit message?
462 2018-02-08T18:13:39  *** Dizzle has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
463 2018-02-08T18:14:48  <jnewbery> promag: yes indeed. Thanks - can you leave review comments on the PR please?
464 2018-02-08T18:17:19  *** [Author] has quit IRC
465 2018-02-08T18:17:57  *** LeMiner2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
466 2018-02-08T18:19:43  *** LeMiner has quit IRC
467 2018-02-08T18:19:44  *** LeMiner2 is now known as LeMiner
468 2018-02-08T18:20:09  <promag> jnewbery: no problem
469 2018-02-08T18:23:00  *** promag has quit IRC
470 2018-02-08T18:23:26  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
471 2018-02-08T18:25:11  *** wtabata has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
472 2018-02-08T18:28:04  *** SeABaT has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
473 2018-02-08T18:28:22  *** promag has quit IRC
474 2018-02-08T18:28:44  *** SeABaT has quit IRC
475 2018-02-08T18:31:47  *** sanada has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
476 2018-02-08T18:31:58  *** mmgen has quit IRC
477 2018-02-08T18:32:27  *** [Author] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
478 2018-02-08T18:37:22  *** goatpig has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
479 2018-02-08T18:37:27  *** DrFeelGood has quit IRC
480 2018-02-08T18:37:56  *** mmgen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
481 2018-02-08T18:47:20  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
482 2018-02-08T18:48:45  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/663911ed581d...d405beea26c1
483 2018-02-08T18:48:46  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1beea7a João Barbosa: [wallet] Make CWallet::ListCoins atomic
484 2018-02-08T18:48:46  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2f960b5 João Barbosa: [wallet] Indent only change of CWallet::AvailableCoins
485 2018-02-08T18:48:47  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d405bee Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12333: Make CWallet::ListCoins atomic...
486 2018-02-08T18:49:29  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12333: Make CWallet::ListCoins atomic (master...2018-02-atomic-listcoins) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12333
487 2018-02-08T18:56:53  *** mmgen has quit IRC
488 2018-02-08T19:00:11  <achow101> meeting?
489 2018-02-08T19:00:14  <sipa> *PLING*
490 2018-02-08T19:00:27  <wumpus> #startmeeting
491 2018-02-08T19:00:27  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Feb  8 19:00:27 2018 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
492 2018-02-08T19:00:27  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
493 2018-02-08T19:00:37  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
494 2018-02-08T19:00:46  <instagibbs> hi
495 2018-02-08T19:00:50  <cfields> hi
496 2018-02-08T19:00:50  *** finkan has quit IRC
497 2018-02-08T19:00:51  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr btcdrak sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator
498 2018-02-08T19:01:04  <sdaftuar> hi
499 2018-02-08T19:01:05  <jnewbery> hi
500 2018-02-08T19:01:16  <achow101> hi
501 2018-02-08T19:01:21  <wumpus> PSA: rc3 was tagged earlier today, if you haven't started your gitian build yet, please do so :)
502 2018-02-08T19:01:28  <promag> topic suggestion, next high priority stuff
503 2018-02-08T19:01:40  <wumpus> yes
504 2018-02-08T19:01:44  <instagibbs> provoostenator, you filed an issue for timestamps right?
505 2018-02-08T19:01:46  <wumpus> #topic high priority for review
506 2018-02-08T19:02:39  <wumpus> we still have plenty of things in https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8, but it hasn't been updated for a few weeks because we've effectively used the 0.16 milestone for that, so now that 0.16 has branched it's up for discussion to add/remove things
507 2018-02-08T19:02:40  <kanzure> hi.
508 2018-02-08T19:03:07  <promag> for instance #11383
509 2018-02-08T19:03:10  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11383 | Basic Multiwallet GUI support by luke-jr · Pull Request #11383 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
510 2018-02-08T19:03:38  <jtimon> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12172 could use some tested acks, even if it's a small bug
511 2018-02-08T19:04:19  <wumpus> jtimon: you have a comment by MarcoFalke to remove a commit IIRC
512 2018-02-08T19:04:21  <jnewbery> #10740 needs rebase so it can be removed for now (and I think it makes sense to wait for after 11383 is in)
513 2018-02-08T19:04:24  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10740 | [WIP] [wallet] dynamic loading/unloading of wallets by jnewbery · Pull Request #10740 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
514 2018-02-08T19:04:40  <wumpus> but yes, #12172 should stay
515 2018-02-08T19:04:43  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12172 | Bugfix: RPC: savemempool: Dont save until LoadMempool() is finished by jtimon · Pull Request #12172 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
516 2018-02-08T19:04:43  <jtimon> wumpus: yes, does anyone agree? I agree with removing it. just waiting for feedback
517 2018-02-08T19:04:45  <Randolf> Hello.
518 2018-02-08T19:05:12  <wumpus> jtimon: well he's the tests maintainer so I tend to agree with him regarding tests things, by default
519 2018-02-08T19:05:23  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
520 2018-02-08T19:05:24  <achow101> It would be nice to get #10583 and #10579 in
521 2018-02-08T19:05:27  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10583 | [RPC] Split part of validateaddress into getaddressinfo by achow101 · Pull Request #10583 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
522 2018-02-08T19:05:31  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10579 | [RPC] Split signrawtransaction into wallet and non-wallet RPC command by achow101 · Pull Request #10579 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
523 2018-02-08T19:05:44  <wumpus> jtimon: I haven't looked closely though
524 2018-02-08T19:05:47  <jnewbery> fyi MarcoFalke, ryanofsky and bluematt are away from keyboard
525 2018-02-08T19:05:48  <jtimon> ok, I'll remove it, no problem, it will still need some tested acks then
526 2018-02-08T19:05:48  <promag> jtimon: I'll check it too
527 2018-02-08T19:06:20  <jtimon> promag: thanks!
528 2018-02-08T19:06:29  <jnewbery> achow101: +1 a few more ACKs please - those PRs have been rebased too many times
529 2018-02-08T19:06:41  <wumpus> 10740 removed
530 2018-02-08T19:06:42  <instagibbs> will takea  look achow101
531 2018-02-08T19:06:57  <wumpus> jtimon: but yes I'll take a look soon
532 2018-02-08T19:07:06  <jtimon> awesome
533 2018-02-08T19:07:12  <cfields> topic suggestion: PR purge before ramping up for 0.17
534 2018-02-08T19:07:31  <instagibbs> purge as in closing?
535 2018-02-08T19:07:43  <promag> #11882
536 2018-02-08T19:07:45  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11882 | Disable default fallbackfee on mainnet by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #11882 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
537 2018-02-08T19:08:02  <cfields> well, I looked at my open PR list yesterday and noticed quite a few that I should probably just close. I suspect I'm not alone...
538 2018-02-08T19:08:25  <wumpus> that could be a next topic, the current topic is high priority :)
539 2018-02-08T19:08:26  <cfields> now seems like a good time to go through their own and close things that are stale
540 2018-02-08T19:08:36  <wumpus> bjut yes I agree
541 2018-02-08T19:09:05  <promag> Also #11913
542 2018-02-08T19:09:09  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11913 | Avoid cs_main during ReadBlockFromDisk Calls by TheBlueMatt · Pull Request #11913 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
543 2018-02-08T19:09:18  <cfields> ok, sorry
544 2018-02-08T19:09:33  <jnewbery> cfields: perhaps the upcoming Core dev tech days is a good opportunity to go through and clear out old PRs?
545 2018-02-08T19:09:37  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
546 2018-02-08T19:09:37  <wumpus> achow101: I've added 10583, you already have the coin selection one I think two high prio per person is a good limit
547 2018-02-08T19:09:40  <jtimon> yeah, there have been no interest in https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/9608 for a while so I'm more inclined to close it than to rebase it at this point unless  someone changes my mind
548 2018-02-08T19:10:42  <meshcollider> hi
549 2018-02-08T19:11:18  <sipa> could i have some comments on #10785 ?
550 2018-02-08T19:11:20  <instagibbs> jnewbery, PR triage/close session sounds like a good idea
551 2018-02-08T19:11:22  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10785 | Serialization improvements by sipa · Pull Request #10785 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
552 2018-02-08T19:11:31  <achow101> wumpus: ok
553 2018-02-08T19:11:32  <wumpus> #topic PR purge
554 2018-02-08T19:12:26  <achow101> close old PRs?
555 2018-02-08T19:12:28  <wumpus> if PRs should be closed you can always let me know, you don't really need to wait until a meeting
556 2018-02-08T19:12:35  <cfields> jnewbery: agreed, as a rally. But I was really just hinting that everyone should clean up their stale pulls to get the count down.
557 2018-02-08T19:12:57  <cfields> jnewbery: but yes, a kinda "i'm not sure if anyone cares about this or not" session in NYC would be great
558 2018-02-08T19:13:24  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa closed pull request #10434: [WIP] 3072-bit MuHash based hash_serialized (master...muhash) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10434
559 2018-02-08T19:13:33  <wumpus> as I've said again and again, it's impossible for me to keep track of all PRs, so if there is something with a PR, just notify me
560 2018-02-08T19:13:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 closed pull request #9504: [RPC] dumpmasterprivkey command (master...dumpmasterprivkey) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/9504
561 2018-02-08T19:13:44  <jnewbery> It feels like in-person is the most efficient way to do a bulk purge. Probably most efficient if a set of us make lists beforehand for what we think can be closed
562 2018-02-08T19:14:43  <wumpus> yes
563 2018-02-08T19:14:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] promag closed pull request #11563: Improve CheckBlockIndex performance (master...2017-10-improve-checkblockindex) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11563
564 2018-02-08T19:15:00  <cfields> sgtm
565 2018-02-08T19:15:33  <cfields> </topic>
566 2018-02-08T19:15:39  <wumpus> any other topics?
567 2018-02-08T19:15:41  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jtimon closed pull request #9608: Net: Divide ProcessMessage in smaller functions (master...2017-01-split-processmessages) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/9608
568 2018-02-08T19:16:03  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
569 2018-02-08T19:16:13  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] instagibbs closed pull request #10360: [WIP] [Wallet] Target effective value during transaction creation (master...feedo) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10360
570 2018-02-08T19:16:29  <cfields> maybe that should've been the last topic :p
571 2018-02-08T19:16:30  <wumpus> so ocongratulations everyone on rc3! we were reallly fast with the fixes this time
572 2018-02-08T19:17:08  <achow101> hopefully this will be the last rc
573 2018-02-08T19:17:18  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
574 2018-02-08T19:17:23  <wumpus> hopefully, yes
575 2018-02-08T19:18:00  <wumpus> cfields: at least the closes end up in the meeting log now
576 2018-02-08T19:18:02  <Randolf> wumpus:  Is rc3 available for download?
577 2018-02-08T19:18:20  <wumpus> Randolf: no, it's just tagged earlier today
578 2018-02-08T19:18:35  <Randolf> Okay.  Thanks.
579 2018-02-08T19:18:51  <wumpus> but if you have no problems with rc2, it should be ok, rc3 mostly fixed some edge cases
580 2018-02-08T19:19:05  <wumpus> (to do with initialization and shutdown)
581 2018-02-08T19:19:15  <cfields> wumpus: heh
582 2018-02-08T19:19:22  <Randolf> I was planning to try rc2 this weekend.  If rc3 comes out first though, then rc3 is where I'll start.
583 2018-02-08T19:20:28  <wumpus> I think it'll be possible to upload binaries for rc3 tomorrow
584 2018-02-08T19:20:55  <achow101> have we gotten anywhere with the MPC RSA signing thing?
585 2018-02-08T19:20:59  <Randolf> That will be great.
586 2018-02-08T19:21:25  <wumpus> already lots of rc3 gitian sigs
587 2018-02-08T19:21:37  <cfields> achow101: oh, right
588 2018-02-08T19:21:48  <cfields> gmaxwell: ping ^^. Any update?
589 2018-02-08T19:23:16  <achow101> I'm gonna guess that gmaxwell is not here right now
590 2018-02-08T19:23:23  <wumpus> I guess so too
591 2018-02-08T19:23:34  <instagibbs> busy with ___root
592 2018-02-08T19:23:42  <wumpus> I'm also not hearing any other proposals for topics, so this will be a short meeting I suppose
593 2018-02-08T19:23:57  <Randolf> instagibbs:  ...or fork (if he has kids).  ;)
594 2018-02-08T19:24:04  * wumpus just merged the rc3 signatures on bitcoin-core/gitian.sigs
595 2018-02-08T19:24:34  <Randolf> wumpus:  Moving away from Boost libraries?
596 2018-02-08T19:24:38  *** wallet42 has quit IRC
597 2018-02-08T19:24:40  <achow101> Randolf: he doesn't have kids. I'm pretty sure he hates children
598 2018-02-08T19:24:41  <Randolf> wumpus:  ...as a topic?
599 2018-02-08T19:24:55  <cfields> wumpus: mine just finished building. We can do binaries today if we get the osx sig :)
600 2018-02-08T19:24:58  <wumpus> Randolf: is there anything specific to discuss about that? it's been going on, slowly, for a long time
601 2018-02-08T19:25:08  <wumpus> Randolf: review cfields's PRs!
602 2018-02-08T19:25:26  <Randolf> wumpus:  Well, it seems to me a good idea because Boost libraries have been a problem with getting numerous things compiled on NetBSD.  I guess I'm just wondering how things are going on that front.
603 2018-02-08T19:25:32  <Randolf> More general.
604 2018-02-08T19:25:35  <arubi> craig satoshi
605 2018-02-08T19:25:36  <sipa> Randolf: it will be years
606 2018-02-08T19:25:40  <arubi> holy shit roger is stupid
607 2018-02-08T19:25:46  <sipa> arubi: not here
608 2018-02-08T19:25:46  <cfields> Randolf: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/3
609 2018-02-08T19:25:48  <arubi> oh man sorry, wrong channel
610 2018-02-08T19:25:50  <Randolf> sipa:  Oh, so there must be a lot of things tied to it then.
611 2018-02-08T19:25:59  <arubi> yea, missed the ctrl :)
612 2018-02-08T19:26:31  <Randolf> cfields:  Thanks.  Wow, there's quite a lot to do there, and I wonder if that's everything that needs to be done.
613 2018-02-08T19:26:35  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
614 2018-02-08T19:26:39  <wumpus> there's no hurry in any case
615 2018-02-08T19:26:41  <cfields> Randolf: short version: I think we'll be able to get rid of a few parts of boost for 0.17, but things like the unit tests will keep it hanging around for a while
616 2018-02-08T19:26:44  <Randolf> Sure, because it's working.
617 2018-02-08T19:27:06  <Randolf> cfields:  That seems reasonable.
618 2018-02-08T19:27:08  <wumpus> boost::filesystem can only be replaced in c++17 or so
619 2018-02-08T19:27:10  <cfields> anyway, we can discuss after the meeting
620 2018-02-08T19:27:14  *** wallet42 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
621 2018-02-08T19:27:21  <Randolf> Okay.
622 2018-02-08T19:27:23  <wumpus> will be a while until we can start using that
623 2018-02-08T19:27:24  <cfields> wumpus: right
624 2018-02-08T19:28:03  <wumpus> or at least, mandating it, it could theoretically be an option, but meh. I'd recommend you just solve whatever build problems you have with boost and put it behind you for now
625 2018-02-08T19:28:19  <wumpus> yes, let's close the meeting
626 2018-02-08T19:28:21  <wumpus> #endmeeting
627 2018-02-08T19:28:21  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Feb  8 19:28:21 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
628 2018-02-08T19:28:21  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-02-08-19.00.html
629 2018-02-08T19:28:21  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-02-08-19.00.txt
630 2018-02-08T19:28:21  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-02-08-19.00.log.html
631 2018-02-08T19:28:22  <Randolf> Already did that.
632 2018-02-08T19:29:00  <cfields> Randolf: fwiw, I think threads are probably the biggest portability issue. And it looks like we'll be rid of boost::thread very soon.
633 2018-02-08T19:30:00  <Randolf> cfields:  Indeed.  And I did notice this PR:  https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12381
634 2018-02-08T19:30:33  <cfields> <-- TheUni
635 2018-02-08T19:30:37  <Randolf> Oh, that's you!
636 2018-02-08T19:30:41  <cfields> :)
637 2018-02-08T19:31:06  *** vexbuy has quit IRC
638 2018-02-08T19:31:53  *** intcat has quit IRC
639 2018-02-08T19:32:05  <Randolf> I had a terrible problem with Boost many years ago on NetBSD when I was trying to get two different software projects compiled.  They both needed different versions of Boost that had conflicting APIs.  Backward compabitility seems to be a problem because I ultimately had to either run one of the
640 2018-02-08T19:32:19  <Randolf> So, I tend to favour the idea of getting rid of stuff like that.
641 2018-02-08T19:32:19  <Randolf> applications under a chroot or in a VM, or on a different system.
642 2018-02-08T19:32:42  *** Chris_St1 has quit IRC
643 2018-02-08T19:32:57  <wumpus> that's terrible, bitcoind shouldn't have problems like that though, it works with a wide range of boost versions
644 2018-02-08T19:33:10  <Randolf> Oh, Bitcoin wasn't one of the applications.
645 2018-02-08T19:33:28  *** intcat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
646 2018-02-08T19:34:57  <cfields> Randolf: sounds familiar. Boost is basically the testing project for c++-next. So it's kinda like adding "#include <c++-unstable>" to your project :(
647 2018-02-08T19:35:09  <Randolf> Oh.  Wow.
648 2018-02-08T19:36:55  *** promag has quit IRC
649 2018-02-08T19:45:31  <jonasschnelli> Sorry,.. missed the meeting... new timezone. :(
650 2018-02-08T19:46:18  <Randolf> jonasschnelli:  Lots of PRs were closed.  It was quick.
651 2018-02-08T19:46:41  *** mirese has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
652 2018-02-08T19:46:46  <jonasschnelli> Randolf: Perfect!
653 2018-02-08T19:47:10  <Randolf> http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-02-08-19.00.html
654 2018-02-08T19:49:07  <jtimon> we're now on c++11 and the next is c++14, right? what stops us from moving to c++14 ?
655 2018-02-08T19:50:16  *** mirese_ has quit IRC
656 2018-02-08T19:50:27  <jonasschnelli> jtimon: too early I'd say
657 2018-02-08T19:50:44  <jonasschnelli> jtimon: compiler support, stability
658 2018-02-08T19:50:50  <jonasschnelli> (I would guess)
659 2018-02-08T19:52:05  *** wunpunch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
660 2018-02-08T19:52:12  <jtimon> but for C++11 we needed to get rid of some things before worring about changing the build, no? or am I missremembering? my question is more, is there something like that?
661 2018-02-08T19:52:35  <jtimon> some prerriquisite before even considering moving?
662 2018-02-08T19:54:26  <wumpus> FWIW a few months ago I built bitcoind with c++17, and there were a few small changes necessary to get it to compile, I can try to find the patch, but nothing serious
663 2018-02-08T19:54:26  *** dcousens has quit IRC
664 2018-02-08T19:54:48  *** dcousens has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
665 2018-02-08T19:55:03  <jtimon> wumpus: awesome, what kind of change ? can I have a look?
666 2018-02-08T19:56:39  <wumpus> https://github.com/laanwj/bitcoin/commit/6df31f4c26805009734a620aa2d584e3936d4690 https://github.com/laanwj/bitcoin/commit/3f6bcfa283416182f2602dce357bdaedfc84efe7 https://github.com/laanwj/bitcoin/commit/efeec33d19752de7480f1e8d0fbcd79e49548910
667 2018-02-08T19:56:48  <wumpus> especially the last one; the rest is build system
668 2018-02-08T19:57:28  <wumpus> I am not sure all of those changes are still necessary, or that it was just working around a compiler bug
669 2018-02-08T19:57:46  <jtimon> either way they seem pretty minimal
670 2018-02-08T19:57:50  <wumpus> yep
671 2018-02-08T19:58:03  <jtimon> cool
672 2018-02-08T19:59:30  <wumpus> of course, changing to actually use any c++17 stuff will involve more changes
673 2018-02-08T19:59:49  <wumpus> I'm not sure boost::filesystem to std::filesystem is just a drop in replacement, for exmple
674 2018-02-08T20:00:21  <jtimon> well, yeah, but that could be considered later
675 2018-02-08T20:01:10  <cfields> wumpus: I wrote an adapter at some point. IIRC you didn't like it, but I don't remember the exact reason
676 2018-02-08T20:01:47  <wumpus> cfields: oh?!
677 2018-02-08T20:02:19  <cfields> wumpus: yea, so that fs::foo would worth whether fs was std or boost
678 2018-02-08T20:02:34  <cfields> let me see if I still have it
679 2018-02-08T20:02:51  *** SopaXorzTaker has quit IRC
680 2018-02-08T20:03:02  *** wtabata has quit IRC
681 2018-02-08T20:03:05  <wumpus> cfields: I think that's a nice idea at least, it's one of the reasons I introduced fs in the first place
682 2018-02-08T20:03:42  <cfields> wumpus: right. I'm kinda on the fence about it, I maily just wanted to see how compatible they were
683 2018-02-08T20:04:07  <cfields> *mainly
684 2018-02-08T20:04:38  <cfields> wumpus: also, I believe you can use std::fs pre-c++17 as a compiler extension
685 2018-02-08T20:05:06  <wumpus> but I guess that will still require a c++17 compiler
686 2018-02-08T20:05:14  <wumpus> it will just work in non-c++17 mode?
687 2018-02-08T20:05:41  <cfields> wumpus: https://github.com/theuni/bitcoin/commits/filesystem
688 2018-02-08T20:06:13  <wumpus> I don't remember seeing that before
689 2018-02-08T20:07:16  <wumpus> I'm surprised if this are all the changes needed: https://github.com/theuni/bitcoin/commit/b208705020118d2be6962c0bf7b6fcfd702f576e
690 2018-02-08T20:07:42  <wumpus> kind of nice
691 2018-02-08T20:09:44  <cfields> yes, I was pleasantly surprised as well
692 2018-02-08T20:10:45  *** flokie_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
693 2018-02-08T20:11:14  <wumpus> I guess there isn't much reason to do it yet before we even got rid of boost::thread fully, but it's good to know
694 2018-02-08T20:13:03  *** dermoth has quit IRC
695 2018-02-08T20:13:16  <wumpus> at some point we could offer a choice with a configure option, either use boost, or c++17/experimental
696 2018-02-08T20:13:22  *** flokie has quit IRC
697 2018-02-08T20:13:48  *** dermoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
698 2018-02-08T20:14:19  *** Ylbam_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
699 2018-02-08T20:14:40  <cfields> right
700 2018-02-08T20:16:20  *** RubenSomsen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
701 2018-02-08T20:16:42  <wumpus> I don't understand why I didn't like it, the only thing I can think of is that I thought it was too early to do it
702 2018-02-08T20:18:35  *** Ruben has quit IRC
703 2018-02-08T20:20:38  <cfields> wumpus: ah, you objected to the idea of our own impl. You were pretty pro std impl: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/9902#issuecomment-283764371
704 2018-02-08T20:21:43  <wumpus> cfields: yes, I remember now, one idea was to wrap the entire thing, which is a lot of code, thanks
705 2018-02-08T20:22:31  <cfields> right
706 2018-02-08T20:24:49  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
707 2018-02-08T20:26:54  <GitHub158> [bitcoin-detached-sigs] jonasschnelli opened pull request #3: 0.16: osx signatures for 0.16.0rc3 (0.16...0.16) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-detached-sigs/pull/3
708 2018-02-08T20:32:35  <instagibbs> achow101, ill review #10579 and #10583 if they get rebased(sorry for your rebasing)
709 2018-02-08T20:32:39  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10579 | [RPC] Split signrawtransaction into wallet and non-wallet RPC command by achow101 · Pull Request #10579 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
710 2018-02-08T20:32:43  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10583 | [RPC] Split part of validateaddress into getaddressinfo by achow101 · Pull Request #10583 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
711 2018-02-08T20:34:10  <achow101> instagibbs: do they need rebasing again? I rebased them last week!
712 2018-02-08T20:34:26  <instagibbs> says merged conflict with tests <_<
713 2018-02-08T20:35:15  <achow101> bleh
714 2018-02-08T20:36:05  <GitHub126> [bitcoin-detached-sigs] theuni closed pull request #3: 0.16: osx signatures for 0.16.0rc3 (0.16...0.16) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-detached-sigs/pull/3
715 2018-02-08T20:38:09  *** RubenSomsen has quit IRC
716 2018-02-08T20:38:20  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
717 2018-02-08T20:40:38  <cfields> woohoo, no crashes during sanity checks this time :)
718 2018-02-08T20:42:15  <wumpus> awesome :)
719 2018-02-08T20:44:49  <cfields> gitian builders: v0.16.0rc3 detached sigs are up
720 2018-02-08T20:49:41  *** promag has quit IRC
721 2018-02-08T20:50:23  <achow101> instagibbs: rebased those again
722 2018-02-08T20:51:47  <wumpus> cfields: thanks
723 2018-02-08T20:52:10  <cfields> ofc
724 2018-02-08T20:56:05  *** Randolf has quit IRC
725 2018-02-08T21:07:11  *** mirese_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
726 2018-02-08T21:11:18  *** mirese has quit IRC
727 2018-02-08T21:14:17  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
728 2018-02-08T21:20:16  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 4 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/d405beea26c1...67447ba06057
729 2018-02-08T21:20:17  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0975406 Suhas Daftuar: Correct mempool mapTx comment
730 2018-02-08T21:20:17  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e868b22 Suhas Daftuar: fee estimator: avoid sorting mempool on shutdown
731 2018-02-08T21:20:18  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 669c943 Suhas Daftuar: Avoid leaking prioritization information when relaying transactions
732 2018-02-08T21:21:03  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12225: Mempool cleanups (master...2018-01-mempool-cleanups) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12225
733 2018-02-08T21:33:33  *** DrFeelGood has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
734 2018-02-08T21:33:43  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
735 2018-02-08T21:38:02  *** randy-waterhouse has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
736 2018-02-08T21:38:40  *** randy-waterhouse has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
737 2018-02-08T21:46:36  *** dermoth has quit IRC
738 2018-02-08T21:47:24  *** dermoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
739 2018-02-08T21:51:03  *** mirese has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
740 2018-02-08T21:53:17  *** mirese__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
741 2018-02-08T21:54:35  *** mirese_ has quit IRC
742 2018-02-08T21:56:38  *** mirese has quit IRC
743 2018-02-08T21:56:57  *** mirese has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
744 2018-02-08T21:57:29  *** mirese_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
745 2018-02-08T21:58:07  *** mirese___ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
746 2018-02-08T21:58:15  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #12286: Wallet: Resolve compiler warnings in ec_privkey_import_der (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12286
747 2018-02-08T21:58:32  *** mires____ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
748 2018-02-08T22:00:20  *** mir______ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
749 2018-02-08T22:00:36  *** mirese__ has quit IRC
750 2018-02-08T22:01:01  *** mirese__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
751 2018-02-08T22:01:44  *** mirese has quit IRC
752 2018-02-08T22:02:18  *** mirese___ has quit IRC
753 2018-02-08T22:02:18  *** mirese_ has quit IRC
754 2018-02-08T22:02:52  *** mires____ has quit IRC
755 2018-02-08T22:04:34  *** mir______ has quit IRC
756 2018-02-08T22:11:12  *** intcat has quit IRC
757 2018-02-08T22:11:20  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
758 2018-02-08T22:12:35  *** intcat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
759 2018-02-08T22:18:21  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
760 2018-02-08T22:19:33  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
761 2018-02-08T22:26:32  *** randy-waterhouse has quit IRC
762 2018-02-08T22:32:07  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
763 2018-02-08T22:36:59  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
764 2018-02-08T22:42:36  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
765 2018-02-08T22:42:41  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
766 2018-02-08T22:43:52  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
767 2018-02-08T22:45:58  *** dermoth has quit IRC
768 2018-02-08T22:46:25  *** dermoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
769 2018-02-08T22:50:24  *** whphhg_ is now known as whphhg
770 2018-02-08T22:53:36  *** whphhg has quit IRC
771 2018-02-08T23:08:32  *** whphhg has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
772 2018-02-08T23:09:47  *** grubles has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
773 2018-02-08T23:10:10  *** musalbas has quit IRC
774 2018-02-08T23:10:10  *** gaf_ has quit IRC
775 2018-02-08T23:10:30  *** zautomata1 has quit IRC
776 2018-02-08T23:10:35  *** dermoth has quit IRC
777 2018-02-08T23:10:36  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
778 2018-02-08T23:10:36  *** intcat has quit IRC
779 2018-02-08T23:11:03  *** arubi has quit IRC
780 2018-02-08T23:11:03  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
781 2018-02-08T23:12:30  *** musalbas has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
782 2018-02-08T23:13:27  *** DrFeelGood has quit IRC
783 2018-02-08T23:13:59  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
784 2018-02-08T23:16:01  *** gaf_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
785 2018-02-08T23:19:21  *** promag has quit IRC
786 2018-02-08T23:22:33  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
787 2018-02-08T23:23:05  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
788 2018-02-08T23:28:34  *** grubles has quit IRC
789 2018-02-08T23:28:40  *** arubi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
790 2018-02-08T23:29:32  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
791 2018-02-08T23:30:45  *** rex_4539 has quit IRC
792 2018-02-08T23:33:47  *** grubles has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
793 2018-02-08T23:34:33  *** vicenteH has quit IRC
794 2018-02-08T23:34:59  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] TheBlueMatt opened pull request #12392: Fix ignoring tx data requests when fPauseSend is set on a peer (master...2018-02-fix-fpausesend-getdata-resp) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12392
795 2018-02-08T23:39:37  *** intcat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
796 2018-02-08T23:41:57  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
797 2018-02-08T23:43:27  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
798 2018-02-08T23:44:41  *** larafale has quit IRC
799 2018-02-08T23:44:48  *** jamesob_ has quit IRC
800 2018-02-08T23:52:14  *** DrFeelGood has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
801 2018-02-08T23:57:41  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev