1 2018-03-01T00:00:04  *** weez17 has quit IRC
  2 2018-03-01T00:00:50  *** weez17 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  3 2018-03-01T00:04:20  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  4 2018-03-01T00:05:36  *** kurito has quit IRC
  5 2018-03-01T00:10:12  *** timothy has quit IRC
  6 2018-03-01T00:19:44  *** arbitrary_guy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  7 2018-03-01T00:40:53  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  8 2018-03-01T00:42:42  *** MrPaz has quit IRC
  9 2018-03-01T00:45:53  *** rantahu has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 10 2018-03-01T00:51:32  *** belcher has quit IRC
 11 2018-03-01T00:59:31  *** Bosma has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 12 2018-03-01T00:59:59  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 13 2018-03-01T01:01:22  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 14 2018-03-01T01:01:44  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
 15 2018-03-01T01:14:28  *** dabura667 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 16 2018-03-01T01:15:02  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 17 2018-03-01T01:21:16  *** ohnx has quit IRC
 18 2018-03-01T01:23:15  *** arbitrary_guy has quit IRC
 19 2018-03-01T01:24:07  *** arbitrary_guy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 20 2018-03-01T01:27:32  *** dafunkizdiz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 21 2018-03-01T01:29:33  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
 22 2018-03-01T01:33:37  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2018-03-01T01:37:02  *** MrPaz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 24 2018-03-01T01:43:07  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
 25 2018-03-01T01:44:30  *** rantahu has quit IRC
 26 2018-03-01T01:44:58  *** rantahu has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 27 2018-03-01T01:48:31  *** promag has quit IRC
 28 2018-03-01T01:48:52  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 29 2018-03-01T01:49:15  *** promag has quit IRC
 30 2018-03-01T01:49:21  *** rantahu has quit IRC
 31 2018-03-01T01:50:17  *** Arokh has quit IRC
 32 2018-03-01T01:50:21  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
 33 2018-03-01T01:50:43  *** Arokh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 34 2018-03-01T01:50:47  *** intcat has quit IRC
 35 2018-03-01T01:52:46  *** intcat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 36 2018-03-01T01:53:31  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 37 2018-03-01T02:02:40  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 38 2018-03-01T02:04:33  *** dafunkizdiz has quit IRC
 39 2018-03-01T02:05:35  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 40 2018-03-01T02:05:35  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 41 2018-03-01T02:06:05  *** Arokh has quit IRC
 42 2018-03-01T02:06:41  *** Arokh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 43 2018-03-01T02:06:59  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
 44 2018-03-01T02:07:29  *** Randolf has quit IRC
 45 2018-03-01T02:10:12  *** Lucile39Klocko has quit IRC
 46 2018-03-01T02:15:31  *** kexkey has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 47 2018-03-01T02:20:50  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 48 2018-03-01T02:32:34  *** Davion25Cole has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 49 2018-03-01T02:33:06  *** jojeyh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 50 2018-03-01T02:40:10  *** rantahu has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 51 2018-03-01T02:48:59  *** rongze has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 52 2018-03-01T02:52:24  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 53 2018-03-01T02:55:27  *** MrPaz has quit IRC
 54 2018-03-01T03:00:10  *** rongze has quit IRC
 55 2018-03-01T03:00:39  *** rongze has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 56 2018-03-01T03:01:18  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 57 2018-03-01T03:16:17  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
 58 2018-03-01T03:18:12  *** ohnx has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 59 2018-03-01T03:24:35  *** Randolf has quit IRC
 60 2018-03-01T03:28:59  *** rongze_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 61 2018-03-01T03:31:53  *** rongze has quit IRC
 62 2018-03-01T03:35:12  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
 63 2018-03-01T03:35:58  *** Krellan has quit IRC
 64 2018-03-01T03:44:33  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
 65 2018-03-01T03:53:09  *** fanquake has quit IRC
 66 2018-03-01T03:59:05  *** rantahu has quit IRC
 67 2018-03-01T04:05:52  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
 68 2018-03-01T04:12:40  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 69 2018-03-01T05:06:20  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 70 2018-03-01T05:10:40  *** cryptojanitor has quit IRC
 71 2018-03-01T05:11:54  *** rongze has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 72 2018-03-01T05:15:36  *** rongze_ has quit IRC
 73 2018-03-01T05:22:22  *** Murch has quit IRC
 74 2018-03-01T05:35:30  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] kostaz opened pull request #12570: Add test cases for HexStr (std::reverse_iterator and corner cases) (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12570
 75 2018-03-01T05:35:46  *** indistylo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 76 2018-03-01T05:39:41  *** aruns has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 77 2018-03-01T05:40:37  *** indistylo has quit IRC
 78 2018-03-01T05:41:23  *** aruns__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 79 2018-03-01T05:44:35  *** aruns has quit IRC
 80 2018-03-01T05:54:17  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 81 2018-03-01T05:58:58  *** fanquake has quit IRC
 82 2018-03-01T06:02:33  *** jouke_ has quit IRC
 83 2018-03-01T06:03:41  *** jouke has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 84 2018-03-01T06:05:55  *** MrPaz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 85 2018-03-01T06:46:54  *** aruns has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 86 2018-03-01T06:49:22  *** aruns__ has quit IRC
 87 2018-03-01T07:02:43  *** shesek has quit IRC
 88 2018-03-01T07:04:21  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 89 2018-03-01T07:08:23  *** jma has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 90 2018-03-01T07:08:57  *** MrPaz has quit IRC
 91 2018-03-01T07:09:21  *** jma is now known as jma01
 92 2018-03-01T07:22:05  *** jma01 has quit IRC
 93 2018-03-01T07:22:40  *** jma01 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 94 2018-03-01T07:27:18  *** jma01 has quit IRC
 95 2018-03-01T07:27:30  *** jma01 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 96 2018-03-01T07:43:29  *** aruns has quit IRC
 97 2018-03-01T07:45:49  *** rongze_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 98 2018-03-01T07:49:11  *** rongze has quit IRC
 99 2018-03-01T07:49:34  *** aruns has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
100 2018-03-01T07:50:53  *** aruns__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
101 2018-03-01T07:53:07  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
102 2018-03-01T07:54:05  *** aruns has quit IRC
103 2018-03-01T07:55:07  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
104 2018-03-01T07:55:22  *** SopaXorzTaker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
105 2018-03-01T07:55:24  *** rongze has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
106 2018-03-01T07:56:47  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] AkioNak opened pull request #12572: [script] lint-whitespace: improve print linenumber (master...morelinenumber) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12572
107 2018-03-01T07:59:37  *** fanquake has quit IRC
108 2018-03-01T07:59:38  *** rongze_ has quit IRC
109 2018-03-01T08:08:04  *** aruns has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
110 2018-03-01T08:08:10  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
111 2018-03-01T08:09:22  *** jma01 has quit IRC
112 2018-03-01T08:09:49  *** jma01 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
113 2018-03-01T08:10:20  *** timothy has quit IRC
114 2018-03-01T08:10:43  *** aruns__ has quit IRC
115 2018-03-01T08:11:49  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
116 2018-03-01T08:12:12  *** rantahu has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
117 2018-03-01T08:13:46  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
118 2018-03-01T08:16:55  *** mmgen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
119 2018-03-01T08:18:17  *** rantahu has quit IRC
120 2018-03-01T08:18:43  *** rantahu has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
121 2018-03-01T08:21:28  *** btcdrak has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
122 2018-03-01T08:24:30  *** rantahu has quit IRC
123 2018-03-01T08:24:53  *** rantahu has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
124 2018-03-01T08:29:21  *** rantahu has quit IRC
125 2018-03-01T08:29:48  *** rex_4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
126 2018-03-01T08:37:23  *** jma01 has quit IRC
127 2018-03-01T08:37:30  *** jma01 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
128 2018-03-01T08:38:27  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
129 2018-03-01T08:40:07  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
130 2018-03-01T08:50:54  *** lightningbot has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
131 2018-03-01T08:55:20  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
132 2018-03-01T08:57:13  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2018-03-01T08:58:11  *** jma01 has quit IRC
134 2018-03-01T08:58:43  *** jma01 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
135 2018-03-01T09:01:27  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
136 2018-03-01T09:02:41  *** murrayn has quit IRC
137 2018-03-01T09:03:09  *** jimpo_ has quit IRC
138 2018-03-01T09:10:21  *** jma01 has quit IRC
139 2018-03-01T09:10:29  *** jma01 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
140 2018-03-01T09:16:24  *** jma01 has quit IRC
141 2018-03-01T09:19:35  *** murrayn has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
142 2018-03-01T09:19:35  *** murrayn has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
143 2018-03-01T09:23:55  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] 532479301 opened pull request #12573: Consensus: Fix bug when compiler do not support __builtin_clz* (master...vs2017) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12573
144 2018-03-01T09:31:36  *** arbitrary_guy has quit IRC
145 2018-03-01T09:32:17  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
146 2018-03-01T09:36:13  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
147 2018-03-01T09:37:28  *** rongze_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
148 2018-03-01T09:40:49  *** rongze has quit IRC
149 2018-03-01T09:46:02  <pierre_rochard> Is there an equivalent to ScriptToAsmStr for an CTxIn’s scriptWitness?
150 2018-03-01T09:46:47  <pierre_rochard> the current implementation of TxToUniv in core_write.cpp just uses HexStr
151 2018-03-01T09:51:33  *** Krellan has quit IRC
152 2018-03-01T09:53:51  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
153 2018-03-01T09:56:12  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
154 2018-03-01T10:00:52  *** fanquake has quit IRC
155 2018-03-01T10:03:25  <wumpus> pierre_rochard: I don't think so
156 2018-03-01T10:06:21  <pierre_rochard> Ok, I’ll settle for HexStr until I really need it, then I’ll try my hand at a PR :)
157 2018-03-01T10:06:56  <pierre_rochard> Thank you for the quick response wumpus!
158 2018-03-01T10:07:09  <wumpus> I'm not sure it's possible to unambigiously distinguish between data encodings there, so it's shown as just hex. But maybe something better could be done, not sure...
159 2018-03-01T10:07:42  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
160 2018-03-01T10:12:41  *** dabura667 has quit IRC
161 2018-03-01T10:24:19  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
162 2018-03-01T10:25:46  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
163 2018-03-01T10:53:16  *** Deinogalerix21 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
164 2018-03-01T10:56:38  *** cryptojanitor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
165 2018-03-01T11:04:55  *** aruns__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
166 2018-03-01T11:05:21  *** aruns has quit IRC
167 2018-03-01T11:06:25  *** aruns has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
168 2018-03-01T11:09:21  *** aruns__ has quit IRC
169 2018-03-01T11:09:25  *** promag has quit IRC
170 2018-03-01T11:13:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 4 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/9e2ed253f505...32987d5aebc4
171 2018-03-01T11:13:37  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f0e7aa7 Evan Klitzke: Add new prevector benchmarks....
172 2018-03-01T11:13:37  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e46be25 Akio Nakamura: Reduce redundant code of prevector and speed it up...
173 2018-03-01T11:13:38  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5aad635 Evan Klitzke: Use memset() to optimize prevector::resize()...
174 2018-03-01T11:14:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12549: Make prevector::resize() and other prevector operations much faster (master...prevector) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12549
175 2018-03-01T11:18:15  *** booyah has quit IRC
176 2018-03-01T11:18:41  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
177 2018-03-01T11:19:09  *** belcher has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
178 2018-03-01T11:19:25  *** booyah has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
179 2018-03-01T11:20:02  *** ken2812221 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
180 2018-03-01T11:24:59  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
181 2018-03-01T11:27:01  *** rongze_ has quit IRC
182 2018-03-01T11:29:43  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
183 2018-03-01T11:30:48  *** rongze has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
184 2018-03-01T11:32:57  *** rex_4539 has quit IRC
185 2018-03-01T11:33:26  *** rongze_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
186 2018-03-01T11:34:28  *** rex_4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
187 2018-03-01T11:37:14  *** rongze has quit IRC
188 2018-03-01T11:37:24  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/32987d5aebc4...be263faf871f
189 2018-03-01T11:37:24  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e7d9fc5 Sjors Provoost: [qt] navigate to  transaction history page after send...
190 2018-03-01T11:37:25  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master be263fa Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12421: [qt] navigate to  transaction history page after send...
191 2018-03-01T11:38:09  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12421: [qt] navigate to  transaction history page after send (master...2018/02/qt-goto-transactions-after-send) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12421
192 2018-03-01T11:45:41  *** SopaXorzTaker has quit IRC
193 2018-03-01T11:55:39  *** SopaXorzTaker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
194 2018-03-01T12:01:10  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
195 2018-03-01T12:03:25  *** Deinogalerix21 has quit IRC
196 2018-03-01T12:05:01  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
197 2018-03-01T12:05:43  *** btcdrak has quit IRC
198 2018-03-01T12:07:10  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
199 2018-03-01T12:13:32  *** Krellan has quit IRC
200 2018-03-01T12:17:24  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
201 2018-03-01T12:22:17  *** Krellan has quit IRC
202 2018-03-01T12:23:08  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
203 2018-03-01T12:25:25  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
204 2018-03-01T12:25:52  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
205 2018-03-01T12:27:56  *** promag has quit IRC
206 2018-03-01T12:37:47  *** rongze_ has quit IRC
207 2018-03-01T12:39:59  *** btcdrak has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
208 2018-03-01T12:49:01  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
209 2018-03-01T12:51:03  *** ken2812221 has quit IRC
210 2018-03-01T12:51:31  *** ken2812221 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
211 2018-03-01T12:53:07  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
212 2018-03-01T12:54:12  *** ken2812221 has quit IRC
213 2018-03-01T12:55:37  *** ken2812221 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
214 2018-03-01T12:59:00  *** aruns__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
215 2018-03-01T12:59:21  *** belcher has quit IRC
216 2018-03-01T13:01:21  *** aruns has quit IRC
217 2018-03-01T13:02:18  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
218 2018-03-01T13:03:46  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
219 2018-03-01T13:04:10  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
220 2018-03-01T13:04:37  *** aruns__ has quit IRC
221 2018-03-01T13:07:19  *** Krellan has quit IRC
222 2018-03-01T13:11:29  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/be263faf871f...39dcac27a1be
223 2018-03-01T13:11:30  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 90eac8c Kosta Zertsekel: Add tests for HexStr corner cases...
224 2018-03-01T13:11:30  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ac48861 Kosta Zertsekel: Add tests for HexStr std::reverse_iterator cases...
225 2018-03-01T13:11:31  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 39dcac2 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12570: Add test cases for HexStr (std::reverse_iterator and corner cases)...
226 2018-03-01T13:11:52  *** belcher has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
227 2018-03-01T13:12:25  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12570: Add test cases for HexStr (std::reverse_iterator and corner cases) (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12570
228 2018-03-01T13:12:28  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
229 2018-03-01T13:12:33  *** indistylo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
230 2018-03-01T13:16:21  *** cryptojanitor has quit IRC
231 2018-03-01T13:19:25  *** luke-jr has quit IRC
232 2018-03-01T13:19:42  *** luke-jr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
233 2018-03-01T13:20:11  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
234 2018-03-01T13:24:13  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
235 2018-03-01T13:25:21  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
236 2018-03-01T13:26:10  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
237 2018-03-01T13:39:07  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
238 2018-03-01T13:42:41  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
239 2018-03-01T13:42:42  *** Davion25Cole has quit IRC
240 2018-03-01T13:45:44  *** luke-jr has quit IRC
241 2018-03-01T13:45:53  *** luke-jr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
242 2018-03-01T13:49:09  *** cryptojanitor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
243 2018-03-01T13:56:11  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
244 2018-03-01T13:57:19  *** ken2812221 has quit IRC
245 2018-03-01T13:57:42  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
246 2018-03-01T13:57:59  *** ken2812221 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
247 2018-03-01T13:59:13  *** hkjn0 has quit IRC
248 2018-03-01T14:00:28  *** rongze has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
249 2018-03-01T14:00:46  *** larafale has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
250 2018-03-01T14:02:22  *** fanquake has quit IRC
251 2018-03-01T14:04:34  *** dermoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
252 2018-03-01T14:05:41  *** hkjn0 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
253 2018-03-01T14:14:21  <promag> review request #12559
254 2018-03-01T14:14:23  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12559 | Avoid locking cs_main in some wallet RPC by promag · Pull Request #12559 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
255 2018-03-01T14:19:53  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
256 2018-03-01T14:21:27  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
257 2018-03-01T14:23:08  *** ken2812221 has quit IRC
258 2018-03-01T14:25:43  *** ken2812221 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
259 2018-03-01T14:31:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 7 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/39dcac27a1be...5c2aff8d95a9
260 2018-03-01T14:31:57  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 31c45a9 Jonas Schnelli: Accept addresses with NODE_NETWORK_LIMITED flag
261 2018-03-01T14:31:57  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6fe57bd Jonas Schnelli: Connect to peers signaling NODE_NETWORK_LIMITED when out-of-IBD
262 2018-03-01T14:31:57  <provoostenator> Is bitcoind --daemon supposed to keep a macOS machine awake?
263 2018-03-01T14:31:58  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa999af Jonas Schnelli: [QA] Allow addrman loopback tests (add debug option -addrmantest)
264 2018-03-01T14:32:09  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #10387: Eventually connect to NODE_NETWORK_LIMITED peers (master...2017/05/node_network_limited) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10387
265 2018-03-01T14:32:34  *** Lloyd87Hudson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
266 2018-03-01T14:32:38  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
267 2018-03-01T14:34:09  *** indistylo has quit IRC
268 2018-03-01T14:39:06  *** rongze has quit IRC
269 2018-03-01T14:46:49  <Randolf> provoostenator:  Normally, when running any sort of a server daemon, sleep mode isn't typically wanted.  After all, if the machine is in sleep mode, the daemon can't respond to any inbound queries.
270 2018-03-01T14:48:08  <provoostenator> Right, that's what I would expect too...
271 2018-03-01T14:48:11  <Randolf> provoostenator:  There are some hardware configurations which can "wake up" the machine when network traffic is received, but since Bitcoin has a constant flow of data even this would in effect be pointless.
272 2018-03-01T14:48:31  <Randolf> ...because the machine would constantly be waking up if ever it could get into sleep mode in the first place.
273 2018-03-01T14:48:57  <provoostenator> Maybe we can add --caffeinate as a flag (for OSX, maybe Linux has a similar thing)?
274 2018-03-01T14:50:04  <provoostenator> https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7858428
275 2018-03-01T14:50:45  <Randolf> provoostenator:  I think it's better to leave the power management to the OS.  I also think it's reasonable to assume that someone running a server daemon should also have enough knowledge to manage their power settings according to their needs.
276 2018-03-01T14:51:28  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
277 2018-03-01T14:51:31  <provoostenator> Yeah, that's what I thought to. But apparently I'm not not knowledgeable enough. :-)
278 2018-03-01T14:52:28  <Randolf> If Bitcoin were to add options to manage power settings, then that would also be adding complexity to the project which I think would generally be beyond the scope of what Bitcoin is.
279 2018-03-01T14:52:52  <Randolf> And then whenever a vendor changes their power management API, precious development time gets taken away from more important things.
280 2018-03-01T14:53:43  <provoostenator> I probably made the mistake of logging out all users from the UI. It probably turned itself off once I closed the last SSH connection into the machine, despite bitcoind and a detached virtual box sessions.
281 2018-03-01T14:54:29  <provoostenator> I tend to agree bitcoind shouldn't do that for the OS. Though we could add some installation instructions / hints.
282 2018-03-01T14:55:01  <Randolf> provoostenator:  I think that knowing how to change your system's power management configuration is something you'll have to master.
283 2018-03-01T14:55:25  <Randolf> Again, power management is, in my view, beyond the scope of what Bitcoin does.
284 2018-03-01T14:55:29  *** reardencode has quit IRC
285 2018-03-01T14:55:36  <Randolf> It could be good for a Wiki page.
286 2018-03-01T14:56:02  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
287 2018-03-01T14:57:02  *** Lloyd87Hudson has quit IRC
288 2018-03-01T14:58:24  <Randolf> provoostenator:  Consider this:  Windows 10 regulatly reboots to install updates without asking the user first.  Should Bitcoin's instructions tell users how to change the settings in Windows 10 to stop this from happening?  And then update those instructions every time Microsoft changes the way
289 2018-03-01T14:59:47  <Randolf> And again, I think it's reasonable to assume that anyone who wants to run bitcoind is knowledgeable enough to manage their own OS accordingly.
290 2018-03-01T14:59:48  <Randolf> those settings are configured?  I think this would also be beyond the scope of what Bitcoin does.
291 2018-03-01T15:06:10  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
292 2018-03-01T15:12:02  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
293 2018-03-01T15:13:42  <promag> wumpus: does this make sense https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blame/5c2aff8d95a932f82a9472975b1d183da6c99e5f/src/qt/transactionrecord.cpp#L140 ?
294 2018-03-01T15:15:57  <promag> why is the fee added? fwiw rpc gettransaction separates amount and fee (in details field)
295 2018-03-01T15:16:00  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
296 2018-03-01T15:16:24  <promag> I wonder if we could remove that
297 2018-03-01T15:18:47  *** belcher has quit IRC
298 2018-03-01T15:18:57  *** Krellan has quit IRC
299 2018-03-01T15:20:07  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
300 2018-03-01T15:23:19  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
301 2018-03-01T15:24:13  *** harrymm has quit IRC
302 2018-03-01T15:30:59  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
303 2018-03-01T15:31:14  *** belcher has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
304 2018-03-01T15:32:34  *** Delmer63Stamm has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
305 2018-03-01T15:34:21  *** harrymm has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
306 2018-03-01T15:35:10  *** intcat has quit IRC
307 2018-03-01T15:36:34  *** intcat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
308 2018-03-01T15:37:49  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
309 2018-03-01T15:37:50  *** jimpo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
310 2018-03-01T15:38:38  *** MrPaz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
311 2018-03-01T15:38:49  *** promag has quit IRC
312 2018-03-01T15:47:59  *** rongze has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
313 2018-03-01T15:48:57  *** Krellan has quit IRC
314 2018-03-01T15:52:15  *** kexkey has quit IRC
315 2018-03-01T15:54:12  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
316 2018-03-01T15:56:19  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
317 2018-03-01T15:56:31  *** Delmer63Stamm has quit IRC
318 2018-03-01T15:59:02  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
319 2018-03-01T16:00:08  *** Mrrt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
320 2018-03-01T16:00:26  *** bule has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
321 2018-03-01T16:01:37  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
322 2018-03-01T16:04:14  *** fanquake has quit IRC
323 2018-03-01T16:04:50  *** bule has quit IRC
324 2018-03-01T16:05:20  *** bule has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
325 2018-03-01T16:07:07  *** rongze has quit IRC
326 2018-03-01T16:07:41  *** rongze has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
327 2018-03-01T16:08:23  *** bule has quit IRC
328 2018-03-01T16:08:51  *** bule has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
329 2018-03-01T16:10:44  *** bule has quit IRC
330 2018-03-01T16:11:19  *** bule has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
331 2018-03-01T16:11:52  *** rongze has quit IRC
332 2018-03-01T16:22:45  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
333 2018-03-01T16:32:34  *** Reanna69Herzog has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
334 2018-03-01T16:38:20  *** larafale has quit IRC
335 2018-03-01T16:44:22  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
336 2018-03-01T17:02:02  *** ExtraCrispy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
337 2018-03-01T17:04:17  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
338 2018-03-01T17:15:04  *** bule has quit IRC
339 2018-03-01T17:15:59  *** bule has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
340 2018-03-01T17:17:47  *** bule has quit IRC
341 2018-03-01T17:18:16  *** bule has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
342 2018-03-01T17:22:56  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
343 2018-03-01T17:26:27  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
344 2018-03-01T17:35:43  *** btcdrak has quit IRC
345 2018-03-01T17:42:24  *** jaranGoyang has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
346 2018-03-01T17:44:20  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
347 2018-03-01T17:46:02  *** d9b4bef9 has quit IRC
348 2018-03-01T17:47:07  *** d9b4bef9 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
349 2018-03-01T17:56:36  *** zks_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
350 2018-03-01T17:59:46  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
351 2018-03-01T18:02:30  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/5c2aff8d95a9...987a80995a69
352 2018-03-01T18:02:31  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8222e05 Jonas Schnelli: Disable wallet fallbackfee by default on mainnet
353 2018-03-01T18:02:31  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3f592b8 Jonas Schnelli: [QA] add wallet-rbf test
354 2018-03-01T18:02:32  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 987a809 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #11882: Disable default fallbackfee on mainnet...
355 2018-03-01T18:03:01  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #11882: Disable default fallbackfee on mainnet (master...2017/12/feeest_readyness) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11882
356 2018-03-01T18:03:12  <zks_> Guys, I'm new to Bitcoin Core source code... and I have a question - why base_blob::GetHex() reverses the base_blob::data[WIDTH] array?
357 2018-03-01T18:03:23  *** bule has quit IRC
358 2018-03-01T18:03:30  <zks_> Hope it is an appropriate place to ask questions...
359 2018-03-01T18:03:57  *** fanquake has quit IRC
360 2018-03-01T18:04:18  *** bule has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
361 2018-03-01T18:06:20  *** Reanna69Herzog has quit IRC
362 2018-03-01T18:06:30  <wumpus> zks_: that's an old tradition, to represent hashes in reversed order
363 2018-03-01T18:06:59  <zks_> wumpus: Thanks for the answer! But why?
364 2018-03-01T18:07:05  <wumpus> zks_: we inherited it from satoshi and it's not realistic to change the entire interface
365 2018-03-01T18:07:13  <zks_> wumpus: Is it related to network byte order?
366 2018-03-01T18:07:23  <wumpus> no, definitely not
367 2018-03-01T18:07:34  <mmgen> zks_: possibly because it shows leading zeroes of the block header as *leading* zeroes
368 2018-03-01T18:07:41  <zks_> wumpus: Ok. Got it. Historic reasons...
369 2018-03-01T18:07:46  <mmgen> zks_: block header hash
370 2018-03-01T18:07:48  <wumpus> hashes are just blobs of data, their 'network byte order' is simply their memory representation
371 2018-03-01T18:07:51  <wumpus> there is no logic to it
372 2018-03-01T18:08:21  *** timothy has quit IRC
373 2018-03-01T18:09:15  <mmgen> zks_: that's my reasoning on why Satoshi did it that way
374 2018-03-01T18:09:18  <zks_> mmgen: wumpus: If I get it right - there is no difference how to store the hashes (regular or reversed order). It just has to be this way or the other...
375 2018-03-01T18:09:48  <wumpus> I'm not sure GetHex on blob is the best place to do that swap, as it precludes using it in a neutral fashion, should probably ave been an external function GetWackyExternalRepresentation() but meh...
376 2018-03-01T18:09:53  <mmgen> zks_: this is how they're represented, not how they're stored
377 2018-03-01T18:10:33  <wumpus> indeed, internally the data is in normal order, just for external representation it's swapped
378 2018-03-01T18:11:01  <wumpus> makes sense to use the same conventions in your own software, swap it only for communication with bitcoind
379 2018-03-01T18:11:32  <zks_> so, in the blockchain "database" the hashes are always in the natural order and only printed in reverse?
380 2018-03-01T18:11:38  <wumpus> yep
381 2018-03-01T18:12:08  <zks_> ok, ... moving on guys... thx!
382 2018-03-01T18:12:47  <wumpus> satoshi's orignal vision: print hashes in reversed order :-)
383 2018-03-01T18:13:21  *** Scrat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
384 2018-03-01T18:13:31  <Chris_Stewart_5> *vein pulses in forehead*
385 2018-03-01T18:14:16  <luke-jr> XD
386 2018-03-01T18:22:36  *** bule has quit IRC
387 2018-03-01T18:23:17  *** bule has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
388 2018-03-01T18:27:24  *** Randolf has quit IRC
389 2018-03-01T18:28:06  *** SopaXorzTaker has quit IRC
390 2018-03-01T18:31:28  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] promag opened pull request #12578: Add transaction record type Fee (master...2018-03-fee-transaction-record) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12578
391 2018-03-01T18:31:57  <promag> wumpus: not sure if this makes sense ^ but please comment since you wrote the origin code
392 2018-03-01T18:32:01  <promag> *original
393 2018-03-01T18:32:29  <wumpus> promag: no, I did not write that code, that came literally from the satoshi wxwindows code
394 2018-03-01T18:32:30  <promag> I'll update the PR description and add a before image later
395 2018-03-01T18:32:37  *** Kirk51VonRueden has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
396 2018-03-01T18:32:40  <promag> oh :P
397 2018-03-01T18:32:42  <wumpus> I think it's correct, though a bit weird
398 2018-03-01T18:33:01  <promag> it's weird to see the fee as debit in the first output
399 2018-03-01T18:33:20  <wumpus> the idea is that the total works out
400 2018-03-01T18:33:24  <promag> we could "hide" fee records by default with a checkbox
401 2018-03-01T18:33:35  <promag> right
402 2018-03-01T18:34:06  <wumpus> so satoshi's reasoning there is that it doesn't matter which of the outputs the fee is added to, but it must be added to one, otherwise the total doesn't match
403 2018-03-01T18:34:38  <wumpus> probably there's something similar in the RPC wallet
404 2018-03-01T18:36:17  *** reardencode has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
405 2018-03-01T18:39:09  *** promag has quit IRC
406 2018-03-01T18:40:20  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
407 2018-03-01T18:43:14  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12518: [0.16]  Bump leveldb subtree  (0.16...Mf1802-leveldbSubtreeBump) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12518
408 2018-03-01T18:43:39  *** MrPaz has quit IRC
409 2018-03-01T18:46:40  <promag> wumpus: maybe in listtransactions, I'll check later
410 2018-03-01T18:47:02  <promag> btw, pr description updated
411 2018-03-01T18:47:23  *** promag has quit IRC
412 2018-03-01T18:47:39  *** arbitrary_guy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
413 2018-03-01T18:52:14  *** MrPaz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
414 2018-03-01T18:55:27  *** bule2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
415 2018-03-01T18:57:41  *** bule has quit IRC
416 2018-03-01T18:58:19  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
417 2018-03-01T19:01:22  <Randolf> wumpus:  Perhaps the "hashes in reverse" routine could be analogous to AMBULANCE written backward on ambulances?
418 2018-03-01T19:02:04  *** moneyball has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
419 2018-03-01T19:02:53  <jcorgan> meeting?
420 2018-03-01T19:03:02  <Randolf> jcorgan++
421 2018-03-01T19:03:37  <sipa> meetung
422 2018-03-01T19:03:45  <jcorgan> not sure the world could handle two of me
423 2018-03-01T19:03:48  <achow101> meeting.
424 2018-03-01T19:04:02  <wumpus> #startmeeting
425 2018-03-01T19:04:02  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Mar  1 19:04:02 2018 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
426 2018-03-01T19:04:02  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
427 2018-03-01T19:04:18  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr btcdrak sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator
428 2018-03-01T19:04:40  <wumpus> Randolf: yes, like that, hash mirroring (TM)
429 2018-03-01T19:04:53  <wumpus> #topic high priority for review
430 2018-03-01T19:04:53  * Randolf smiles
431 2018-03-01T19:05:15  <wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8
432 2018-03-01T19:05:29  <wumpus> a few of the PRs really need rebase
433 2018-03-01T19:06:07  *** bule2 has quit IRC
434 2018-03-01T19:06:39  *** bule2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
435 2018-03-01T19:06:40  <wumpus> but we managed to merge a few this week, so if you have nothing on that list yet, proposals are welcome
436 2018-03-01T19:06:41  <sipa> many people at FC18 right now, btw
437 2018-03-01T19:06:42  <Randolf> I have purposely NOT rebased PR #12501 fully yet because it turned into some discussion about the "virtual size" of transactions.
438 2018-03-01T19:06:45  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12501 | [qt] Improved "custom fee" explanation in tooltip by randolf · Pull Request #12501 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
439 2018-03-01T19:07:00  <Randolf> I hoped that last week it would be an easy one to complete, but turns out this wasn't so straight-forward.
440 2018-03-01T19:07:28  <wumpus> there are certainly valid reasons to not rebase something
441 2018-03-01T19:07:34  <Randolf> I think that PR #12567 can probably be closed, but a few more people might want to take a quick look at it first.
442 2018-03-01T19:07:37  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12567 | util: Print timestamp strings in logs using ISO 8601 formatting by practicalswift · Pull Request #12567 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
443 2018-03-01T19:07:55  <Randolf> I think that PR #12546 should be merged.
444 2018-03-01T19:07:57  <wumpus> on the other hand, if something runs out of sync with current master, then reviewing it in the current state makes less sense
445 2018-03-01T19:07:57  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12546 | [docs] Minor improvements to Compatibility Notes by randolf · Pull Request #12546 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
446 2018-03-01T19:07:57  *** ExtraCrispy has quit IRC
447 2018-03-01T19:07:58  <luke-jr> #11383 is probably ready for merge, just only one recent utACK
448 2018-03-01T19:08:02  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11383 | Basic Multiwallet GUI support by luke-jr · Pull Request #11383 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
449 2018-03-01T19:08:04  <Randolf> (Sorry, I meant "merged" earlier rather than "closed.")
450 2018-03-01T19:08:26  *** rongze has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
451 2018-03-01T19:08:45  <wumpus> 12501 isn't on that list, should it be?
452 2018-03-01T19:08:53  <Randolf> I suspect that PR 12501 probably needs more peer-review and discussion.
453 2018-03-01T19:09:00  <wumpus> luke-jr: great!
454 2018-03-01T19:09:24  <wumpus> luke-jr: looks like jonasschnelli has some, unreplied to comments there
455 2018-03-01T19:09:32  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
456 2018-03-01T19:09:32  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
457 2018-03-01T19:10:04  <wumpus> it's fine to say that you're leaving them for a later PR, but please do reply to ereview comments
458 2018-03-01T19:10:13  <Randolf> Okay.
459 2018-03-01T19:10:40  <kanzure> hi.
460 2018-03-01T19:10:47  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
461 2018-03-01T19:11:15  <promag> hi
462 2018-03-01T19:11:54  <kanzure> btw i am still seeking topic suggestions (either stuff you want to talk about, or you want other people to talk about) for next week's event.
463 2018-03-01T19:12:26  <kanzure> speaking of which, we should decide about next weekly meeting timing since i imagine some folks will be traveling
464 2018-03-01T19:12:31  <wumpus> #action send kanzure further topic suggestions
465 2018-03-01T19:12:33  *** rongze has quit IRC
466 2018-03-01T19:12:47  <wumpus> right, I'll definitely not be there next week
467 2018-03-01T19:13:10  <wumpus> will be travellingback at that time
468 2018-03-01T19:13:15  <kanzure> wasn't aware we'd lose a bunch of people to fc18 but makes sense.
469 2018-03-01T19:13:27  <promag> regarding multiwallet, there are other details that can be left for other pulls
470 2018-03-01T19:13:27  <wumpus> indeed, apparently same problem this week
471 2018-03-01T19:13:33  <sipa> sorry!
472 2018-03-01T19:13:51  <luke-jr> sipa: next time, schedule FC so it doesn't conflict.
473 2018-03-01T19:13:57  <sipa> haha!
474 2018-03-01T19:13:57  <luke-jr> :p
475 2018-03-01T19:14:00  * Randolf laughs
476 2018-03-01T19:14:02  <wumpus> so I think we should skip next week's IRC meeting
477 2018-03-01T19:14:10  <achow101> ack
478 2018-03-01T19:14:13  <Randolf> Ack.
479 2018-03-01T19:14:23  <kanzure> we can move it forward if we want.. since a lot of folks in same room. but it's sort of redundant.
480 2018-03-01T19:14:41  <wumpus> right
481 2018-03-01T19:15:05  <sipa> sgtm
482 2018-03-01T19:15:18  <luke-jr> I suggest we have kanzure transcribe RL stuff to #bitcoin-core-dev in real time
483 2018-03-01T19:15:31  <kanzure> that's okay with me since roasbeef wont be there
484 2018-03-01T19:15:31  *** btcdrak has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
485 2018-03-01T19:15:34  <luke-jr> lol
486 2018-03-01T19:15:39  <kanzure> (i love him tho)
487 2018-03-01T19:15:43  <wumpus> hehe
488 2018-03-01T19:15:56  <btcdrak> oh what did I miss?
489 2018-03-01T19:16:03  <luke-jr> 1/4th of the meeting
490 2018-03-01T19:16:13  <wumpus> <luke-jr> I suggest we have kanzure transcribe RL stuff to #bitcoin-core-dev in real time
491 2018-03-01T19:16:13  <wumpus> <kanzure> that's okay with me since roasbeef wont be there
492 2018-03-01T19:16:29  <wumpus> not much is going on, everyone is at FC apparently
493 2018-03-01T19:16:50  <luke-jr> end early and spend 45 minutes on #11383 ? :D
494 2018-03-01T19:16:54  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11383 | Basic Multiwallet GUI support by luke-jr · Pull Request #11383 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
495 2018-03-01T19:16:58  <wumpus> but if anyone has a topic they like to discuss with the three of us, please mention
496 2018-03-01T19:17:03  <Randolf> btcdrak:  I suggested merging PRs 12567 and 12546 and luke-jr suggested merging PR 11383.
497 2018-03-01T19:17:31  <luke-jr> wumpus, luke-jr, sipa, btcdrak, kanzure, achow101, Randolf, promag = 8
498 2018-03-01T19:17:35  <sdaftuar> hi
499 2018-03-01T19:17:36  <wumpus> 12546 is obvious / documentation only
500 2018-03-01T19:17:48  <Randolf> Yes.
501 2018-03-01T19:18:13  <luke-jr> Randolf: well, it'd be nice to get a few more utACKs first (although I've shipped 11383 in Knots so long that I doubt there's any problems to find left)
502 2018-03-01T19:19:24  <achow101> I'll take a look at 11383
503 2018-03-01T19:20:28  <promag> luke-jr: I'll review again
504 2018-03-01T19:21:28  <Randolf> wumpus:  In PR 12501 an issue arose about the "virtual size" of the transaction.  I'm thinking that it would probably be best to not mention this so as not to confuse end-users, but there's one person who's in favour of specifying this.  If there's a link to documentation that can get into the
505 2018-03-01T19:22:36  <Randolf> "See also," not see all.  :)
506 2018-03-01T19:22:36  <Randolf> details of the virtual size of the transaction, then I'm also thinking that including the link in the tooltip as a "see all" item should keep everyone happy?
507 2018-03-01T19:23:16  <luke-jr> Randolf: the value being configured is fundamentally tied to virtual size. I don't think it's avoidable.
508 2018-03-01T19:23:36  <wumpus> it's most important to be correct / complete
509 2018-03-01T19:23:53  <luke-jr> "adjusted size" might be more understandable in plain English
510 2018-03-01T19:24:06  <luke-jr> but there's no precedent for calling it that yet
511 2018-03-01T19:24:24  <wumpus> in general, even if certain terms might confuse users, it's better to mention something than leave it out and say the wrong thing
512 2018-03-01T19:24:28  <wumpus> but yeah, virtual size is confusing
513 2018-03-01T19:24:29  <Randolf> Okay.  I want the tooltip to be correct without adding confusion.
514 2018-03-01T19:24:54  <luke-jr> weight-adjusted size?
515 2018-03-01T19:25:09  <wumpus> but calling it differently might be even worse
516 2018-03-01T19:25:10  <wumpus> I don't know
517 2018-03-01T19:25:25  <wumpus> (as you can't google it then!)
518 2018-03-01T19:25:30  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
519 2018-03-01T19:26:22  <luke-jr> it's really a different way of speaking of the weight, not the size
520 2018-03-01T19:26:28  <Randolf> From a plain-English perspective, "weight-adjusted size" is much nicer, but that point about it being a new term is an important one because then it needs to be in the full documentation too.
521 2018-03-01T19:26:28  <luke-jr> I can't think up a nice way to call it
522 2018-03-01T19:26:57  <Randolf> Originally, I didn't have the word "virtual" in there.
523 2018-03-01T19:27:04  <luke-jr> I suggest we just stick to "virtual size" until some English genius thinks up a better name
524 2018-03-01T19:27:07  <wumpus> if there are new terms there's a good rationale to only use a single term for it, not make up multiple terms just because they sound nicer
525 2018-03-01T19:27:18  <Randolf> I agree.
526 2018-03-01T19:27:55  <wumpus> so if it is virtual size, I think we need to bite the bullet and simply use that
527 2018-03-01T19:28:34  <wumpus> any other topics?
528 2018-03-01T19:28:37  <Randolf> Alright.  So, if the current wording in most recent commit - https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12501/commits/a6a800cc4b3c1cbc4e5199563e2de1b5228ff9e2 - looks fine, then I'll go ahead and rebase.
529 2018-03-01T19:29:29  <luke-jr> lgtn
530 2018-03-01T19:29:30  <luke-jr> lgtm*
531 2018-03-01T19:29:48  <wumpus> yes
532 2018-03-01T19:29:53  <wumpus> #endmeeting
533 2018-03-01T19:29:53  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Mar  1 19:29:53 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
534 2018-03-01T19:29:53  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-03-01-19.04.html
535 2018-03-01T19:29:53  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-03-01-19.04.txt
536 2018-03-01T19:29:53  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-03-01-19.04.log.html
537 2018-03-01T19:29:57  <Randolf> Thanks.
538 2018-03-01T19:30:59  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/987a80995a69...a4a5fc7c17cd
539 2018-03-01T19:30:59  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b22c289 Randolf Richardson: [docs] Minor improvements to Compatibility Notes...
540 2018-03-01T19:31:00  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a4a5fc7 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12546: [docs] Minor improvements to Compatibility Notes...
541 2018-03-01T19:31:51  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12546: [docs] Minor improvements to Compatibility Notes (master...patch-3) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12546
542 2018-03-01T19:32:39  *** moneyball has quit IRC
543 2018-03-01T19:33:09  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 closed pull request #12180: scripted-diff: change kB to kvB, kilobyte to kilovbyte for transaction fee rate things (master...use-vbytes) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12180
544 2018-03-01T19:33:16  *** promag has quit IRC
545 2018-03-01T19:43:35  <jtimon> I guess "weight / 4" is more confusing than "virtual size"
546 2018-03-01T19:48:14  <wumpus> yes
547 2018-03-01T19:48:47  <wumpus> and even if you explain how it is computed, you'd still need to mention the term
548 2018-03-01T19:48:50  <sipa> i wish we just everyone changed 'size' to mean vsize
549 2018-03-01T19:48:54  <sipa> *everywhere
550 2018-03-01T19:49:07  <sipa> but it's probably too late for that
551 2018-03-01T19:50:52  *** loop_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
552 2018-03-01T19:51:42  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/a4a5fc7c17cd...90a0aed51194
553 2018-03-01T19:51:42  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 19ac86e Alin Rus: Remove useless string initialization.
554 2018-03-01T19:51:43  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 90a0aed Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12182: Remove useless string initializations...
555 2018-03-01T19:52:27  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12182: Remove useless string initializations (master...remove_useless_string_init) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12182
556 2018-03-01T19:54:06  <wumpus> sipa: that would be the neatest solution, just have 'size' interpreted as 'vsize' everywhere
557 2018-03-01T19:54:15  *** jaranGoyang has quit IRC
558 2018-03-01T19:54:35  <Randolf> wumpus and jtimon:  PR #12501 has been rebased, and I wrote a comment to @dooglus explaining where we're at.
559 2018-03-01T19:54:37  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12501 | [qt] Improved "custom fee" explanation in tooltip by randolf · Pull Request #12501 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
560 2018-03-01T19:55:40  <Randolf> sipa:  I wonder if it might be helpful to have a glossary of terms included in a separate file.
561 2018-03-01T19:59:04  <wumpus> it would be something to put in the UI user documentation, if we had any :)
562 2018-03-01T20:00:42  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
563 2018-03-01T20:03:14  <Randolf> I suppose bits and pieces could be put together at first, and then later formed into a proper document.
564 2018-03-01T20:03:55  <Randolf> I guess there would be two documentation files -- one for bitcoind, and the other for the GUI.
565 2018-03-01T20:04:21  <Randolf> Or perhaps they should just be separate chapters to avoid overlap.
566 2018-03-01T20:04:57  *** fanquake has quit IRC
567 2018-03-01T20:06:49  <rex_4539> Are you interested in a PR about fixing all the potential typos in the source code? I could go through all the source code, fix all typos, and squash to a single commit. If you are interested, let me know if you want me to fix all typos (comments and readable messages) or just a particular type. I have already fixed them in Zcash and Monero projects.
568 2018-03-01T20:10:34  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
569 2018-03-01T20:11:31  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
570 2018-03-01T20:12:04  *** bule2 has quit IRC
571 2018-03-01T20:12:22  <Randolf> rex_4539:  How does one fix "potential typos?"
572 2018-03-01T20:12:40  <Randolf> Fixing existing typos is always welcome.
573 2018-03-01T20:12:59  *** bule2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
574 2018-03-01T20:13:46  <rex_4539> Very tedious work, I can assure you :) Not a developer but willing to help in any capacity I can.
575 2018-03-01T20:13:54  <Randolf> That's fantastic.
576 2018-03-01T20:13:57  <Randolf> My suggestion is this...
577 2018-03-01T20:14:22  <Randolf> Do all the corrections in documentation in one PR, and do all the corrections in source code in another PR.
578 2018-03-01T20:14:34  <Randolf> That is, if you want to keep the number of PRs down to a minimum.
579 2018-03-01T20:14:47  <Randolf> You're also welcome to break them apart into smaller PRs if you like.
580 2018-03-01T20:15:28  <Randolf> One of the advantages of smaller PRs is that it's easier to get them reviewed and merged.
581 2018-03-01T20:18:13  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
582 2018-03-01T20:20:16  <rex_4539> The good thing with typos is that they are extremely trivial to review. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes for the whole Bitcoin project.
583 2018-03-01T20:21:00  <Randolf> Your contributions are most certainly welcome.  :)
584 2018-03-01T20:21:34  <Randolf> Please feel free to connect with me on GitHub as well:  https://www.github.com/randolf
585 2018-03-01T20:21:46  *** MrPaz has quit IRC
586 2018-03-01T20:22:50  <rex_4539> Do you want me to fix also comments or just readable messages?
587 2018-03-01T20:23:28  *** promag has quit IRC
588 2018-03-01T20:23:40  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
589 2018-03-01T20:23:48  *** Tennis has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
590 2018-03-01T20:24:01  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
591 2018-03-01T20:24:12  <Randolf> rex_4539:  That's entirely up to you as this is a volunteer effort after all.
592 2018-03-01T20:24:33  <jcorgan> PRs with changes that are scattered through the code, like typo fixes, can sometimes make other PRs need rebasing (if merged)
593 2018-03-01T20:25:36  <rex_4539> I'm asking because each team works differently. Zcash team was happy to have all fixed, Monero wanted just readable comments.
594 2018-03-01T20:25:51  <rex_4539> *messages
595 2018-03-01T20:26:00  <Randolf> rex_4539:  Oh, I see.  All fixes are welcome.
596 2018-03-01T20:26:15  *** Kirk51VonRueden has quit IRC
597 2018-03-01T20:26:37  <rex_4539> Don't worry, I will not touch typos in the actual code, just comments and readable messages.
598 2018-03-01T20:27:11  <Randolf> jcorgan:  Does it make a difference if the changes are in a very small number of very large PRs, or if the changes are in a lot of smaller PRs?
599 2018-03-01T20:28:07  *** loop_ has quit IRC
600 2018-03-01T20:28:10  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
601 2018-03-01T20:28:17  <rex_4539> In my experience in the 2 previous projects, they wanted one big BR because each separate PR was using the CI machines all the time :P
602 2018-03-01T20:28:39  *** promag has quit IRC
603 2018-03-01T20:28:52  <jcorgan> i think there's a way to comment your PR so it gets ignored by CI, don't remember
604 2018-03-01T20:29:45  <jcorgan> appropriate for doc only changes, but not for code comments, as you might accidentally break syntax
605 2018-03-01T20:30:11  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
606 2018-03-01T20:31:27  <Randolf> Oh, I'd like to know how to comment my PR to prevent the CI checks.  That would reduce system resource load then.
607 2018-03-01T20:31:47  <jcorgan> but i wouldn't worry so much about it now, i'd focus on getting the work done and submit a single PR for it, then if it needs breaking into multiple ones it will come out in the review
608 2018-03-01T20:32:05  <rex_4539> I think there is a rollup command for the bot.
609 2018-03-01T20:32:11  <Chris_Stewart_5> isn't travis 'free' for open source projects?
610 2018-03-01T20:32:24  <Randolf> I still think it would be good to separate documentation updates from code/comment updates into two PRs though, at least.
611 2018-03-01T20:32:29  <jcorgan> free, but capacity limited and might only run one job at a time
612 2018-03-01T20:32:36  *** Adela50Torp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
613 2018-03-01T20:32:49  <jcorgan> agree on code/comment and doc separation
614 2018-03-01T20:33:10  <Randolf> Chris_Stewart_5:  For doc-only PRs that I've been submitting, if I knew I could do something to prevent unnecessary resource usage, I would have been happy to do it.
615 2018-03-01T20:33:21  <rex_4539> Sure, 2 separate PRs it is then. Will get to it in a couple of days.
616 2018-03-01T20:33:28  <Randolf> rex_4539:  Wow, thank you!
617 2018-03-01T20:35:18  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
618 2018-03-01T20:35:24  <jcorgan> another general purpose consideration for pull requests is that independent things don't get combined into one request, as the maintainer can't selectively merge one or the other
619 2018-03-01T20:36:17  <jcorgan> anyway, just some thoughts from experience as a maintainer elsewhere, carry on :-)
620 2018-03-01T20:36:25  <rex_4539> Yes, but maintainer can comment on the ones he disagrees and I can revert those commits.
621 2018-03-01T20:36:46  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
622 2018-03-01T20:37:03  <jcorgan> in general, the less work the maintainer and reviewers need to do, the more likely it is to get merged
623 2018-03-01T20:37:27  <Randolf> That's why I suggested smaller PRs.
624 2018-03-01T20:38:31  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
625 2018-03-01T20:41:40  <eklitzke> I found a bug in GCC 8.0 (not yet stable) as a result of that prevector optimization, https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=84656
626 2018-03-01T20:43:48  <wumpus> I agree with jcorgan
627 2018-03-01T20:43:57  <wumpus> eklitzke: congrats on finding a gcc bug
628 2018-03-01T20:45:50  *** Tennis has quit IRC
629 2018-03-01T20:46:09  <Randolf> Chris_Stewart_5:  Apparently the [ci-skip]"
630 2018-03-01T20:46:46  <Randolf> Chris_Stewart_5:  Apparently, including the text "[ci-skip]" (without the quotation marks) in a PR's message will prevent Travis-CI from attempting a build.
631 2018-03-01T20:46:59  *** Tennis has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
632 2018-03-01T20:47:36  <Randolf> rex_4539:  You may want to include this text in your doc-only PRs to prevent the build process:  [ci-skip]
633 2018-03-01T20:47:49  <Randolf> rex_4539:  When changing comments, you should still let the build occur.
634 2018-03-01T20:48:56  *** Tennis has quit IRC
635 2018-03-01T20:50:30  <wumpus> I found a clang bug once: https://github.com/bitcoin-core/secp256k1/issues/445
636 2018-03-01T20:51:33  <eklitzke> your bug is a lot more interesting than mine
637 2018-03-01T20:54:54  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
638 2018-03-01T20:56:10  <rex_4539> Randolf, is it [ci-skip] [ci skip] or [skip ci]? Found all cases in GitHub :P
639 2018-03-01T20:56:24  <rex_4539> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/e3a820751f11b3b30ac19d8118df3e755132e470
640 2018-03-01T20:56:31  <rex_4539> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/7658
641 2018-03-01T20:56:51  <Randolf> Someone in the #travis channel just indicated to me that it's this:  [ci-skip]
642 2018-03-01T20:57:05  <Randolf> If they all work (which would be good), then it doesn't matter.
643 2018-03-01T20:59:09  <Randolf> I suggest using the in-comment style that in PR #7658 instead of including it in the PR's title -- keeping those titles simple is generally encouraged, and they're also limited in size anyway as far as I know.
644 2018-03-01T20:59:11  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/7658 | Add curl to Gitian setup instructions by btcdrak · Pull Request #7658 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
645 2018-03-01T21:04:14  *** BashCo has quit IRC
646 2018-03-01T21:10:40  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
647 2018-03-01T21:11:52  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
648 2018-03-01T21:13:13  *** Adela50Torp has quit IRC
649 2018-03-01T21:13:14  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
650 2018-03-01T21:15:37  *** bule2 has quit IRC
651 2018-03-01T21:15:57  *** Randolf has quit IRC
652 2018-03-01T21:16:02  *** laurentmt1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
653 2018-03-01T21:17:23  *** bule2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
654 2018-03-01T21:19:27  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
655 2018-03-01T21:19:27  *** laurentmt1 is now known as laurentmt
656 2018-03-01T21:32:35  *** Efrain83Reichert has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
657 2018-03-01T21:59:15  *** belcher has quit IRC
658 2018-03-01T22:00:44  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
659 2018-03-01T22:02:27  *** mirese has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
660 2018-03-01T22:04:37  *** mmgen has quit IRC
661 2018-03-01T22:05:53  *** mirese_ has quit IRC
662 2018-03-01T22:05:53  *** Efrain83Reichert has quit IRC
663 2018-03-01T22:06:32  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] dooglus opened pull request #12580: Show a transaction's virtual size in its details dialog (master...show_vsize) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12580
664 2018-03-01T22:12:17  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
665 2018-03-01T22:15:37  *** droark has quit IRC
666 2018-03-01T22:16:36  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
667 2018-03-01T22:20:19  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
668 2018-03-01T22:21:21  *** Randolf has quit IRC
669 2018-03-01T22:22:06  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
670 2018-03-01T22:32:43  *** Frederic50Hermis has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
671 2018-03-01T22:32:53  *** Randolf has quit IRC
672 2018-03-01T22:37:48  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
673 2018-03-01T22:39:07  *** rex_4539 has quit IRC
674 2018-03-01T22:45:36  *** Cogito_Ergo_Sum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
675 2018-03-01T22:54:41  *** dermoth has quit IRC
676 2018-03-01T22:55:41  *** dermoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
677 2018-03-01T23:00:07  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
678 2018-03-01T23:00:34  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #10040: wallet: use headers chain for anti fee sniping (master...patch) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10040
679 2018-03-01T23:01:17  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
680 2018-03-01T23:01:42  *** ula has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
681 2018-03-01T23:02:48  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
682 2018-03-01T23:07:54  *** StopAndDecrypt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
683 2018-03-01T23:08:03  *** StopAndDecrypt has quit IRC
684 2018-03-01T23:08:03  *** StopAndDecrypt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
685 2018-03-01T23:08:36  *** StopAndDecrypt_ has quit IRC
686 2018-03-01T23:14:49  *** StopAndDecrypt has quit IRC
687 2018-03-01T23:15:11  *** btcdrak has quit IRC
688 2018-03-01T23:15:40  *** StopAndDecrypt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
689 2018-03-01T23:15:49  *** StopAndDecrypt has quit IRC
690 2018-03-01T23:15:49  *** StopAndDecrypt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
691 2018-03-01T23:15:54  *** bule2 has quit IRC
692 2018-03-01T23:16:41  *** bule2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
693 2018-03-01T23:17:49  *** bule2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
694 2018-03-01T23:22:17  *** bule2 has quit IRC
695 2018-03-01T23:23:27  *** Frederic50Hermis has quit IRC
696 2018-03-01T23:31:41  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
697 2018-03-01T23:32:34  *** Hilton61Hoeger has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
698 2018-03-01T23:39:47  *** Cogito_Ergo_Sum has quit IRC
699 2018-03-01T23:40:35  *** Hilton61Hoeger has quit IRC
700 2018-03-01T23:43:03  *** Randolf has quit IRC