1 2018-04-19T00:00:02  *** weez17 has quit IRC
  2 2018-04-19T00:00:47  *** weez17 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  3 2018-04-19T00:01:05  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  4 2018-04-19T00:05:46  *** promag has quit IRC
  5 2018-04-19T00:06:08  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  6 2018-04-19T00:09:01  *** Krellan has quit IRC
  7 2018-04-19T00:10:07  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  8 2018-04-19T00:12:05  *** jtimon has quit IRC
  9 2018-04-19T00:24:31  *** jojeyh has quit IRC
 10 2018-04-19T00:26:30  *** jchysk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 11 2018-04-19T00:36:44  <promag> kallewoof: there is no need to prevent a loop iterating an empty array
 12 2018-04-19T00:38:02  <kallewoof> promag: Yeah, I was confused. Fixed. :)
 13 2018-04-19T00:38:15  <promag> cool
 14 2018-04-19T00:38:47  <promag> I have to test -noincludeconf
 15 2018-04-19T00:38:53  <promag> didn't thought about that´
 16 2018-04-19T00:39:19  <kallewoof> Yeah, I didn't think about it either. I think a command line -noincludeconf will actually disable config includeconf. Which.. is good, I think?
 17 2018-04-19T00:41:50  <kallewoof> No, it seems like -noincludeconf is ignored from command line right now.
 18 2018-04-19T00:42:13  <promag> really?
 19 2018-04-19T00:42:38  <kallewoof> It's ignored in bitcoin.conf too. `noincludeconf=1 \n includeconf=relative.conf` will still include relative.conf.
 20 2018-04-19T00:43:19  <kallewoof> Ah, wait. `includeconf=relative.conf \n noincludeconf=1` will not include relative.conf.
 21 2018-04-19T00:44:14  *** ProfMac has quit IRC
 22 2018-04-19T00:44:18  <kallewoof> Not sure this is a useful feature at all, to be honest. (-noincludeconf I mean)
 23 2018-04-19T00:52:34  <aj> kallewoof: foo=bar nofoo=1 foo=baz --> nofoo clears out bar, but then foo=baz gets put in
 24 2018-04-19T00:53:39  <aj> kallewoof: -nofoo on the commandline would clear out everything for other options
 25 2018-04-19T00:54:04  *** drexl has quit IRC
 26 2018-04-19T00:54:32  <kallewoof> aj: probably because I am loading both kinds manually, but -noincludeconf from cli does not cancel `includeconf=relative.conf` from bitcoin.conf
 27 2018-04-19T00:54:45  <kallewoof> both kinds = `includeconf` and `[chain].includeconf`
 28 2018-04-19T00:56:13  <aj> kallewoof: yeah, other options have that taken care of them by the ArgsManager::Get*Arg* functions, you'd have to do it yourself
 29 2018-04-19T00:57:17  <kallewoof> aj: Gotcha. I think I'll require that `noincludeconf` is not set before doing it, so people can -noincludeconf from command line. Feels buggy otherwise.
 30 2018-04-19T01:00:24  <kallewoof> promag: I pushed a fix for -noincludeconf
 31 2018-04-19T01:00:53  <promag> kk
 32 2018-04-19T01:06:58  *** harrymm has quit IRC
 33 2018-04-19T01:11:43  *** luke-jr has quit IRC
 34 2018-04-19T01:14:49  *** Randolf has quit IRC
 35 2018-04-19T01:19:23  *** harrymm has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 36 2018-04-19T01:20:04  *** Emcy has quit IRC
 37 2018-04-19T01:22:27  *** luke-jr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 38 2018-04-19T01:25:11  *** dgenr8 has quit IRC
 39 2018-04-19T01:25:23  *** dgenr8 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 40 2018-04-19T01:28:23  *** d_t has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 41 2018-04-19T01:32:33  *** Murch has quit IRC
 42 2018-04-19T01:32:38  *** zigen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 43 2018-04-19T01:35:05  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 44 2018-04-19T01:38:24  *** Randolf has quit IRC
 45 2018-04-19T01:44:57  *** Emcy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 46 2018-04-19T01:47:02  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 47 2018-04-19T01:47:34  *** promag has quit IRC
 48 2018-04-19T01:51:35  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 49 2018-04-19T01:51:44  <fanquake> eklitzke Good to know you were just travelling. Thought you might have bailed on Core dev after all the slow review turnaround.
 50 2018-04-19T02:15:16  *** fanquake has quit IRC
 51 2018-04-19T02:19:48  *** akaka has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 52 2018-04-19T02:21:36  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
 53 2018-04-19T02:38:14  *** tylevine has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 54 2018-04-19T02:45:58  *** Samdney has quit IRC
 55 2018-04-19T02:46:01  *** tylevine has quit IRC
 56 2018-04-19T02:46:10  *** tylevine has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 57 2018-04-19T02:55:25  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 58 2018-04-19T03:01:03  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 59 2018-04-19T03:02:11  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] tjps opened pull request #13025: Dead code removal (master...tjps_dead_code) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13025
 60 2018-04-19T03:04:11  *** tylevine has quit IRC
 61 2018-04-19T03:06:52  *** tylevine has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 62 2018-04-19T03:10:29  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
 63 2018-04-19T03:17:54  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 64 2018-04-19T03:18:03  *** jojeyh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 65 2018-04-19T03:19:49  *** Emcy has quit IRC
 66 2018-04-19T03:21:22  *** fanquake has quit IRC
 67 2018-04-19T03:26:27  *** Randolf has quit IRC
 68 2018-04-19T03:29:46  *** zigen has quit IRC
 69 2018-04-19T03:30:21  *** zigen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 70 2018-04-19T03:32:25  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 71 2018-04-19T03:34:57  *** zigen has quit IRC
 72 2018-04-19T03:37:32  *** Emcy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 73 2018-04-19T03:56:53  *** tryphe has quit IRC
 74 2018-04-19T03:57:32  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 75 2018-04-19T04:05:53  *** Randolf has quit IRC
 76 2018-04-19T04:11:34  *** cryptojanitor has quit IRC
 77 2018-04-19T04:16:03  *** geezas has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 78 2018-04-19T04:29:34  *** zigen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 79 2018-04-19T04:30:50  *** akaka has quit IRC
 80 2018-04-19T04:37:07  *** contrapumpkin has quit IRC
 81 2018-04-19T04:40:37  *** akaka has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 82 2018-04-19T04:42:30  *** akaka has quit IRC
 83 2018-04-19T04:42:30  *** Krellan has quit IRC
 84 2018-04-19T04:43:05  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 85 2018-04-19T04:49:05  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
 86 2018-04-19T05:19:03  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 87 2018-04-19T05:29:05  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 88 2018-04-19T05:33:45  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
 89 2018-04-19T05:34:01  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 90 2018-04-19T05:35:33  *** akaka has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 91 2018-04-19T05:39:28  *** akaka has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 92 2018-04-19T05:42:40  *** arbitrary_guy has quit IRC
 93 2018-04-19T05:59:36  *** zigen has quit IRC
 94 2018-04-19T06:00:10  *** zigen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 95 2018-04-19T06:00:22  <kallewoof> aj: I looked at the seen-txns file you sent me. In combination with block data I should be able to extract what I need I think. For starters I'll make the tool that can read current data, then I will nudge you for data, probably. :)
 96 2018-04-19T06:00:36  *** zigen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 97 2018-04-19T06:06:46  *** zigen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 98 2018-04-19T06:50:07  *** arbitrary_guy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 99 2018-04-19T06:54:41  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
100 2018-04-19T07:01:46  *** arbitrary_guy has quit IRC
101 2018-04-19T07:01:47  *** Krellan has quit IRC
102 2018-04-19T07:02:14  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
103 2018-04-19T07:02:34  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
104 2018-04-19T07:15:15  *** tylevine has quit IRC
105 2018-04-19T07:15:46  *** tylevine has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
106 2018-04-19T07:18:58  *** bedo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
107 2018-04-19T07:21:12  <wumpus> kallewoof: TX_CONF (0x03) has 8 bytes reserved for block height - it's good to plan ahead when designing formats, but 80000 years is maybe a bit much :)
108 2018-04-19T07:22:44  <wumpus> kallewoof: also please add some header magic, and a format version
109 2018-04-19T07:23:52  *** bedo is now known as bedotech
110 2018-04-19T07:23:58  <wumpus> kallewoof: especially as the packet types have no framing information of themselves, this means the format is not forward compatible, so readers need to be able to reject newer files
111 2018-04-19T07:24:13  <wumpus> (e.g. no way to skip unknown records or fields)
112 2018-04-19T07:24:57  <wumpus> (which is a valid decision with regard to storage, but maybe needs to be documented)
113 2018-04-19T07:26:24  *** zarez has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
114 2018-04-19T07:27:47  *** fanquake has quit IRC
115 2018-04-19T07:30:09  *** tylevine has quit IRC
116 2018-04-19T07:30:41  *** tylevine has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
117 2018-04-19T07:30:47  *** Murch has quit IRC
118 2018-04-19T07:31:22  <bedotech> Hi all, currently bitcoin-core what kind of wallet derivation implement? (for example BIP44 and so on...)
119 2018-04-19T07:32:01  <wumpus> bip32 hierarchical deterministic wallet
120 2018-04-19T07:32:53  <wumpus> not bip44, you can find the implemented bips in doc/bips.md
121 2018-04-19T07:33:13  <bedotech> wumpus: thanks a lot
122 2018-04-19T07:34:32  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
123 2018-04-19T07:39:14  <fanquake> wumpus looks like #12855 is ready to go now that sipa's nit has been fixed
124 2018-04-19T07:39:16  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12855 | net: Minor accumulated cleanups by tjps · Pull Request #12855 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
125 2018-04-19T07:45:09  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
126 2018-04-19T07:49:21  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
127 2018-04-19T07:51:28  *** crt4 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
128 2018-04-19T07:59:53  *** zigen has quit IRC
129 2018-04-19T08:00:25  *** zigen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
130 2018-04-19T08:00:27  <bedotech> i want to build a online service that generate address from extended public key, is better to use backward compatibility P2SH-P2WPKH or i can use direct P2WPKH?
131 2018-04-19T08:01:16  <fanquake> bedotech ask in #bitcoin
132 2018-04-19T08:01:33  <bedotech> fanquake: thanks!
133 2018-04-19T08:01:51  <fanquake> or #bitcoin-dev
134 2018-04-19T08:04:21  *** zigen has quit IRC
135 2018-04-19T08:04:58  *** zarez has quit IRC
136 2018-04-19T08:05:19  *** zarez has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
137 2018-04-19T08:08:29  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2018-04-19T08:23:47  *** zigen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
139 2018-04-19T08:23:55  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
140 2018-04-19T08:29:24  *** drizztbsd has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
141 2018-04-19T08:29:53  *** timothy has quit IRC
142 2018-04-19T08:33:48  *** drizztbsd has quit IRC
143 2018-04-19T08:39:14  *** fanquake has quit IRC
144 2018-04-19T08:42:24  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
145 2018-04-19T08:43:24  *** anstaendig has quit IRC
146 2018-04-19T08:55:23  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
147 2018-04-19T09:01:52  *** promag has quit IRC
148 2018-04-19T09:02:20  *** drexl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
149 2018-04-19T09:02:42  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
150 2018-04-19T09:09:37  *** anstaendig has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
151 2018-04-19T09:14:44  *** Krellan has quit IRC
152 2018-04-19T09:15:31  *** geezas has quit IRC
153 2018-04-19T09:16:06  *** intcat has quit IRC
154 2018-04-19T09:16:22  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
155 2018-04-19T09:17:00  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] promag opened pull request #13026: Fix include comment in src/interfaces/wallet.h (master...2018-04-fixincludecomment) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13026
156 2018-04-19T09:17:58  *** intcat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
157 2018-04-19T09:22:51  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
158 2018-04-19T09:24:34  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
159 2018-04-19T09:28:41  *** zautomata2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
160 2018-04-19T09:31:31  *** crt4 has quit IRC
161 2018-04-19T09:33:18  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
162 2018-04-19T09:37:27  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
163 2018-04-19T09:40:49  *** drexl has quit IRC
164 2018-04-19T09:41:13  *** zautomata2 has quit IRC
165 2018-04-19T09:41:51  *** zautomata has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
166 2018-04-19T09:44:57  *** goatpig has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
167 2018-04-19T09:47:06  *** wxss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
168 2018-04-19T10:07:58  *** anstaendig has quit IRC
169 2018-04-19T10:11:50  *** anstaendig has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
170 2018-04-19T10:23:09  *** Samdney has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
171 2018-04-19T10:24:37  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
172 2018-04-19T10:27:22  *** anstaendig has quit IRC
173 2018-04-19T10:28:53  *** zigen has quit IRC
174 2018-04-19T10:35:30  *** pergaminho has quit IRC
175 2018-04-19T10:58:53  *** anstaendig has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
176 2018-04-19T11:04:09  *** pergaminho has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
177 2018-04-19T11:23:04  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
178 2018-04-19T11:24:09  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
179 2018-04-19T11:25:02  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
180 2018-04-19T11:26:52  *** jchysk has quit IRC
181 2018-04-19T11:28:38  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
182 2018-04-19T11:29:59  <jtimon> fixed nits on https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10757 , in case anyone was waiting for that to review
183 2018-04-19T11:37:09  *** mistergold has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
184 2018-04-19T11:39:09  *** jchysk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
185 2018-04-19T11:45:51  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
186 2018-04-19T11:52:24  *** jtimon has quit IRC
187 2018-04-19T11:53:49  *** promag has quit IRC
188 2018-04-19T11:55:12  *** Samdney has quit IRC
189 2018-04-19T12:00:50  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/615f7c288414...39cf27faf324
190 2018-04-19T12:00:51  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b382004 Thomas Snider: benchmark: Removed bench/perf.cpp
191 2018-04-19T12:00:51  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1bf3f33 Thomas Snider: node: Removed unused wallet-related methods from the Node interface.
192 2018-04-19T12:00:52  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 39cf27f MarcoFalke: Merge #13025: Dead code removal...
193 2018-04-19T12:01:46  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #13025: Dead code removal (master...tjps_dead_code) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13025
194 2018-04-19T12:18:14  *** pergaminho has quit IRC
195 2018-04-19T12:19:57  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: I don't get it, why are you removing perf.cpp/h?
196 2018-04-19T12:20:07  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: is counting cpu cycles no longer relevant?
197 2018-04-19T12:21:36  <wumpus> I really don't get this, without any discussion
198 2018-04-19T12:24:36  <sipa> wumpus: it seems the code is actually unused
199 2018-04-19T12:24:42  *** shtirlic_ has quit IRC
200 2018-04-19T12:25:24  <sipa> only perf_init and perf_fini are invoked
201 2018-04-19T12:25:48  <sipa> or is your point that we expect to use them again for another purpose soon?
202 2018-04-19T12:25:59  *** shtirlic_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
203 2018-04-19T12:26:22  <sipa> (i don't have an opinion either way, just want to make sure it's clear what is happening)
204 2018-04-19T12:30:36  <MarcoFalke> wumpus: The discussion was in the pull that removed the usage, IIRC
205 2018-04-19T12:31:01  *** SopaXorzTaker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
206 2018-04-19T12:31:02  <wumpus> it used to be that the benchmarks reported number of cycles too
207 2018-04-19T12:31:16  <wumpus> apparently that was changed, and now my code to measure cycles was removed too
208 2018-04-19T12:31:21  <wumpus> no one ever asked me about any of this
209 2018-04-19T12:31:35  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
210 2018-04-19T12:32:48  <wumpus> "I have removed the cycles statistics because I personally don't think it is necessary, and it simplifies the code. I could add it back though if others think its a helpful statistic"
211 2018-04-19T12:33:03  <wumpus> wtf asked him :/
212 2018-04-19T12:33:42  <wumpus> apparently I even reviewed that and missed that
213 2018-04-19T12:35:20  <wumpus> but you can't say there really was any discussion
214 2018-04-19T12:35:27  <MarcoFalke> fine
215 2018-04-19T12:35:31  <MarcoFalke> Is there any evidence that this actually is a statistic that is not redundant?
216 2018-04-19T12:36:02  <wumpus> redundant compared to what?
217 2018-04-19T12:36:33  <MarcoFalke> std::chrono
218 2018-04-19T12:36:42  <wumpus> well std::chrono counts time, not cycles
219 2018-04-19T12:36:42  <MarcoFalke> (the clock we use right now)
220 2018-04-19T12:37:19  <wumpus> e.g. not when the cpu is actually idle
221 2018-04-19T12:38:16  <MarcoFalke> I asssume the only difference would be in the deser block test?
222 2018-04-19T12:39:46  <wumpus> I don't know. It's entirely valid to have a discussion about whether it is redundent or not, but I think how this went is absurd
223 2018-04-19T12:40:20  <MarcoFalke> It was unused for months now, and no one noticed. I don't think removing the code as it was unused is absurd.
224 2018-04-19T12:40:26  <MarcoFalke> I am not saying we can't add it back in
225 2018-04-19T12:40:59  <wumpus> right I haven't been using the benchmarks the last months
226 2018-04-19T12:41:42  <MarcoFalke> When added back, it should be an optional swich (clock/cycles), so the format doesn't change again
227 2018-04-19T12:42:19  <sipa> FWIW, if we continue work on platform specific SHA256 implementations, itay be necessary to do a mini benchmark at startup to determine what is fastest... generally cpu cycles are the most accurate way of doing that
228 2018-04-19T12:42:49  <wumpus> well I"m not going to bother that's for sure
229 2018-04-19T12:43:05  <wumpus> if I need this again I'll just patch it in locally
230 2018-04-19T12:43:12  <MarcoFalke> sipa: That means the fuction should be moved to util.cpp?
231 2018-04-19T12:43:18  <sipa> wumpus: i think you're overreacting
232 2018-04-19T12:43:25  *** shtirlic_ has quit IRC
233 2018-04-19T12:43:32  <sipa> people who reviewed this missed this, and acted in good faith
234 2018-04-19T12:44:00  <sipa> we can trivially bring the code back
235 2018-04-19T12:44:08  *** shtirlic_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
236 2018-04-19T12:44:29  <wumpus> yes it was also my own dumb fault for not noticing it, on the other hand that PR changed so much in the format it was easy to miss
237 2018-04-19T12:46:29  <sipa> if counting cpu cycles actually more reliable then counting time in benchmarks? i generally lock my cpu to a single frequency to do benchmarks, as noise complicates things otherwise, but i never botheres trying to look at cpu cycles
238 2018-04-19T12:47:54  <MarcoFalke> sipa: That was my though. Only difference would be when cpu waits on io?
239 2018-04-19T12:48:22  <sipa> MarcoFalke: waiting on IO does not directly reduce clock rate
240 2018-04-19T12:48:33  *** anstaendig has quit IRC
241 2018-04-19T12:49:05  <sipa> it could cause a switch to a different process though (but then cpu time is not counted anymore, while cycles are!)
242 2018-04-19T12:49:43  <MarcoFalke> oh, cycles are still counted?
243 2018-04-19T12:50:08  <MarcoFalke> In which case it would be identical to clock
244 2018-04-19T12:50:13  <sipa> yes, the cycle counter is per cpu thread
245 2018-04-19T12:50:41  <sipa> which clock are we using?
246 2018-04-19T12:50:48  <sipa> cpu time or wall time?
247 2018-04-19T12:50:52  <MarcoFalke> Yeah, I think BlueMatt told me something that the clock might be using cycles internally
248 2018-04-19T12:51:23  <MarcoFalke> std::chrono::steady_clock mostly
249 2018-04-19T12:51:59  <MarcoFalke> fallback to std::chrono::high_resolution_clock
250 2018-04-19T12:52:19  <MarcoFalke> other way round, sorry
251 2018-04-19T12:53:17  <sipa> yup, sorry  those also keep ticking if a process if not executing
252 2018-04-19T12:54:19  <sipa> though it's unclear what those clocks really dl
253 2018-04-19T12:54:32  <wumpus> it's one big stack of abstractions
254 2018-04-19T12:54:33  <sipa> they may use system calls
255 2018-04-19T12:55:18  <sipa> which are completely inappropriate if you want to measure very short running pieces of code (sub microsecond)
256 2018-04-19T12:55:29  <wumpus> at least cpu cycles is a clear, transparant metric, the only problem is that it's not available on all architectures, and on e.g. ARM it needs system calls to measure :-/
257 2018-04-19T12:56:09  <MarcoFalke> sipa: I think that is why we loop a bit before taking the clock
258 2018-04-19T12:56:48  <MarcoFalke> in fact the iterations are hardcoded
259 2018-04-19T12:57:06  <sipa> that may be historical
260 2018-04-19T12:57:48  <sipa> the benchmarks used to be entirely self-measuring (aiming to run for 1s)
261 2018-04-19T12:58:00  *** zautomata has quit IRC
262 2018-04-19T12:58:00  *** zautomata has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
263 2018-04-19T12:58:26  *** shesek has quit IRC
264 2018-04-19T12:58:34  * sipa sleeps some more
265 2018-04-19T12:58:40  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/39cf27faf324...c19986940869
266 2018-04-19T12:58:40  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2c084a6 Thomas Snider: net: Minor accumulated cleanups
267 2018-04-19T12:58:41  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c199869 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12855: net: Minor accumulated cleanups...
268 2018-04-19T12:59:25  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12855: net: Minor accumulated cleanups (master...tjps_misc_cleans) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12855
269 2018-04-19T13:00:01  *** Prady has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
270 2018-04-19T13:01:38  *** Prady has quit IRC
271 2018-04-19T13:02:43  <wumpus> but yes I was overreacting, sorry MarcoFalke
272 2018-04-19T13:04:41  <MarcoFalke> wumpus: no worries :)
273 2018-04-19T13:09:35  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
274 2018-04-19T13:11:41  *** cryptojanitor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
275 2018-04-19T13:12:21  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
276 2018-04-19T13:13:35  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
277 2018-04-19T13:15:22  *** anstaendig has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
278 2018-04-19T13:16:04  *** Cogito_Ergo_Sum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
279 2018-04-19T13:16:04  *** Cogito_Ergo_Sum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
280 2018-04-19T13:27:43  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
281 2018-04-19T13:27:48  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
282 2018-04-19T13:35:31  *** Dizzle has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
283 2018-04-19T13:35:49  <promag> I would really appreciate some reviews in #13017, ty
284 2018-04-19T13:35:51  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13017 | Add wallets management functions by promag · Pull Request #13017 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
285 2018-04-19T13:36:14  <promag> simple stuff
286 2018-04-19T13:37:10  *** crt4 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
287 2018-04-19T13:39:01  *** timothy has quit IRC
288 2018-04-19T13:40:28  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
289 2018-04-19T13:48:21  *** mistergold has quit IRC
290 2018-04-19T13:51:21  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
291 2018-04-19T13:52:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] promag opened pull request #13028: Make vpwallets usage thread safe (master...2018-04-cs_wallets) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13028
292 2018-04-19T13:54:04  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
293 2018-04-19T14:13:43  *** drizztbsd has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
294 2018-04-19T14:13:53  *** timothy has quit IRC
295 2018-04-19T14:14:11  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
296 2018-04-19T14:14:41  *** akolen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
297 2018-04-19T14:16:50  *** akolen has quit IRC
298 2018-04-19T14:21:03  *** tryphe_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
299 2018-04-19T14:24:06  *** tryphe has quit IRC
300 2018-04-19T14:26:42  <BlueMatt> sipa: the reason the iteration count was hardcoded is cause the time measured changed a shitload depending on iteration counts
301 2018-04-19T14:27:05  <BlueMatt> so hardcoding was easier to get more stable results than running it 20 times until you had a bunch of results for the iteration count you wanted
302 2018-04-19T14:27:45  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Sjors opened pull request #13029: Interpret absense of prune= as prune=1 if there are pruned blocks (master...2018/04/implicit_prune) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13029
303 2018-04-19T14:43:28  *** contrapumpkin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
304 2018-04-19T14:48:15  *** promag has quit IRC
305 2018-04-19T14:51:01  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
306 2018-04-19T15:00:57  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
307 2018-04-19T15:02:13  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
308 2018-04-19T15:03:29  *** zarez has quit IRC
309 2018-04-19T15:03:30  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
310 2018-04-19T15:04:33  *** drizztbsd has quit IRC
311 2018-04-19T15:06:58  *** zarez has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
312 2018-04-19T15:08:59  *** drizztbsd has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
313 2018-04-19T15:09:26  *** timothy has quit IRC
314 2018-04-19T15:14:47  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
315 2018-04-19T15:16:19  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
316 2018-04-19T15:18:29  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
317 2018-04-19T15:21:30  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jnewbery opened pull request #13030: [bugfix] [wallet] Fix zapwallettxes/multiwallet interaction. (master...fix_zapwallet_multiwallet_interaction) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13030
318 2018-04-19T15:22:07  *** lnostdal_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
319 2018-04-19T15:24:17  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
320 2018-04-19T15:26:32  *** jtimon has quit IRC
321 2018-04-19T15:28:49  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
322 2018-04-19T15:28:49  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
323 2018-04-19T15:30:20  *** drizztbsd is now known as timothy
324 2018-04-19T15:30:23  *** arbitrary_guy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
325 2018-04-19T15:32:39  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
326 2018-04-19T15:43:27  *** Randolf has quit IRC
327 2018-04-19T15:48:59  *** rafalcpp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
328 2018-04-19T15:51:14  *** cryptojanitor has quit IRC
329 2018-04-19T16:02:25  *** isis is now known as isis_
330 2018-04-19T16:02:30  *** isis_ is now known as isis
331 2018-04-19T16:02:35  *** jamesob has quit IRC
332 2018-04-19T16:02:43  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
333 2018-04-19T16:02:53  *** jamesob has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
334 2018-04-19T16:04:41  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
335 2018-04-19T16:04:46  *** isis is now known as isis_
336 2018-04-19T16:14:02  *** zarez1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
337 2018-04-19T16:14:10  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
338 2018-04-19T16:14:54  *** zarez has quit IRC
339 2018-04-19T16:14:54  *** zarez1 is now known as zarez
340 2018-04-19T16:15:35  *** promag has quit IRC
341 2018-04-19T16:16:58  *** lnostdal_ is now known as lnostdal
342 2018-04-19T16:18:56  *** Dizzle has quit IRC
343 2018-04-19T16:31:27  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
344 2018-04-19T16:34:43  *** guest1456342 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
345 2018-04-19T16:39:36  *** promag has quit IRC
346 2018-04-19T16:45:05  *** arbitrary_guy has quit IRC
347 2018-04-19T16:46:49  *** ProfMac has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
348 2018-04-19T17:02:15  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
349 2018-04-19T17:04:57  *** owowo has quit IRC
350 2018-04-19T17:05:38  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
351 2018-04-19T17:05:59  *** Aaronvan_ has quit IRC
352 2018-04-19T17:14:08  *** zarez has quit IRC
353 2018-04-19T17:14:09  *** tryphe_ has quit IRC
354 2018-04-19T17:14:35  *** tryphe_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
355 2018-04-19T17:27:31  *** crt4 has quit IRC
356 2018-04-19T17:28:46  <jnewbery> wumpus: I think #13024 can go on the high priority for review. It's blocking walletload, which a few people said they wanted for V0.17 in the last weekly meeting.
357 2018-04-19T17:28:47  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13024 | test: Add rpcauth pair that generated by rpcauth by ken2812221 · Pull Request #13024 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
358 2018-04-19T17:28:53  <jnewbery> sorry, not 13024
359 2018-04-19T17:29:02  <jnewbery> sorry, not #13017
360 2018-04-19T17:29:03  *** Krellan has quit IRC
361 2018-04-19T17:29:05  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13017 | Add wallets management functions by promag · Pull Request #13017 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
362 2018-04-19T17:29:18  <jnewbery> That one ^^ 13017
363 2018-04-19T17:32:59  *** Krellan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
364 2018-04-19T17:34:48  *** timothy has quit IRC
365 2018-04-19T17:37:53  *** Krellan_ has quit IRC
366 2018-04-19T17:44:35  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
367 2018-04-19T17:44:57  *** iwkse_ is now known as iwkse
368 2018-04-19T17:47:46  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
369 2018-04-19T17:49:10  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
370 2018-04-19T18:02:01  *** promag has quit IRC
371 2018-04-19T18:09:05  *** instagibbs has quit IRC
372 2018-04-19T18:10:20  *** instagibbs has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
373 2018-04-19T18:10:24  <BlueMatt> I'll probably miss the meeting, but, hey, I got through 3/4 of the high-priority PRs, even acked 2, and left blocking comments on the 3rd....how did *you* do this week?
374 2018-04-19T18:11:01  <BlueMatt> someone should repeat that when meeting time comes ^ :p
375 2018-04-19T18:13:35  <kanzure> will do
376 2018-04-19T18:13:45  *** goatpig has quit IRC
377 2018-04-19T18:15:57  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
378 2018-04-19T18:16:24  *** Dizzle has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
379 2018-04-19T18:17:27  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
380 2018-04-19T18:28:07  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
381 2018-04-19T18:31:10  *** Aaronvan_ has quit IRC
382 2018-04-19T18:34:03  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
383 2018-04-19T18:34:49  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/c19986940869...9b3a67eb0861
384 2018-04-19T18:34:49  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master defffb3 João Barbosa: trivial: Improve include comment in src/interfaces/wallet.h
385 2018-04-19T18:34:50  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9b3a67e MarcoFalke: Merge #13026: Fix include comment in src/interfaces/wallet.h...
386 2018-04-19T18:35:39  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #13026: Fix include comment in src/interfaces/wallet.h (master...2018-04-fixincludecomment) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13026
387 2018-04-19T18:35:53  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
388 2018-04-19T18:38:31  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
389 2018-04-19T18:38:57  *** Krellan has quit IRC
390 2018-04-19T18:40:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 6 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/9b3a67eb0861...0a8b7b4b33c9
391 2018-04-19T18:40:24  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ce65018 Suhas Daftuar: Use P2SH consensus rules for all blocks...
392 2018-04-19T18:40:24  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 95749a5 Suhas Daftuar: Separate NULLDUMMY enforcement from SEGWIT enforcement...
393 2018-04-19T18:40:25  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5c31b20 Suhas Daftuar: [qa] Remove some pre-activation segwit tests...
394 2018-04-19T18:40:46  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #11739: Enforce SCRIPT_VERIFY_P2SH and SCRIPT_VERIFY_WITNESS from genesis (master...2017-09-p2sh-segwit-from-genesis) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11739
395 2018-04-19T18:46:28  <wumpus> jnewbery: 13017 already has lots of (ut)ACKs, I'm not sure it makes sense to add it to high priority for review anymore
396 2018-04-19T18:51:11  <promag> yap, just merge it instead :)
397 2018-04-19T18:51:29  <luke-jr> (not going to be on time for the meeting, but will try to join as soon as I can)
398 2018-04-19T18:55:29  *** clarkmoody has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
399 2018-04-19T18:56:54  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
400 2018-04-19T18:57:42  *** moneyball has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
401 2018-04-19T18:58:59  *** mistergold has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
402 2018-04-19T19:00:09  <wumpus> #startmeeting
403 2018-04-19T19:00:09  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Apr 19 19:00:09 2018 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
404 2018-04-19T19:00:09  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
405 2018-04-19T19:00:15  <sipa> ohai
406 2018-04-19T19:00:22  <jonasschnelli> hi
407 2018-04-19T19:00:25  <promag> hi
408 2018-04-19T19:00:30  <achow101> hi
409 2018-04-19T19:00:35  <jnewbery> hi
410 2018-04-19T19:00:37  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr btcdrak sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator
411 2018-04-19T19:00:39  <kanzure> hi.
412 2018-04-19T19:00:41  <instagibbs> hi
413 2018-04-19T19:00:42  <aj> 'lo
414 2018-04-19T19:00:50  <cfields> hi
415 2018-04-19T19:01:24  <jonasschnelli> ;;seen gmaxwell
416 2018-04-19T19:01:24  <gribble> gmaxwell was last seen in #bitcoin-core-dev 5 weeks, 0 days, 1 hour, and 59 seconds ago: <gmaxwell> it's not like you pay lower fees due to it.
417 2018-04-19T19:01:35  <meshcollider> hi
418 2018-04-19T19:01:37  <wumpus> any proposed topics?
419 2018-04-19T19:01:50  <jonasschnelli> I'd like to touch the light client mode design
420 2018-04-19T19:02:02  <wumpus> ok
421 2018-04-19T19:02:04  <promag> check high priority review first?
422 2018-04-19T19:02:08  <kanzure> 11:10 < BlueMatt> I'll probably miss the meeting, but, hey, I got through 3/4 of the high-priority PRs, even acked 2, and left blocking comments on the 3rd....how did *you* do this week?
423 2018-04-19T19:02:09  <jonasschnelli> ack
424 2018-04-19T19:02:22  <wumpus> promag: yes, that's always the first topic
425 2018-04-19T19:02:22  <jonasschnelli> we can't view jimpos txindex PR
426 2018-04-19T19:02:31  <jonasschnelli> github issue... can we reopen the PR in a new #?
427 2018-04-19T19:02:33  <sipa> I'd like #13002 on the high-priority list
428 2018-04-19T19:02:34  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13002 | Do not treat bare multisig outputs as IsMine unless watched by sipa · Pull Request #13002 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
429 2018-04-19T19:02:46  <wumpus> #topic high priority for review
430 2018-04-19T19:02:50  <wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8
431 2018-04-19T19:03:00  <Murch> hi
432 2018-04-19T19:03:00  <sipa> Also, I can't open #11857
433 2018-04-19T19:03:05  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11857 | Build tx index in parallel with validation by jimpo · Pull Request #11857 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
434 2018-04-19T19:03:19  <jonasschnelli> added 13002
435 2018-04-19T19:03:22  <sipa> Do we at some point just close the PR and open a new one, to flush all historical discussion?
436 2018-04-19T19:03:26  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
437 2018-04-19T19:03:31  <jonasschnelli> sipa: yes
438 2018-04-19T19:03:35  <sipa> (assuming that's the reason for the sad unicorn)
439 2018-04-19T19:03:41  <jonasschnelli> jimpo should do it though...
440 2018-04-19T19:03:46  <sipa> yes
441 2018-04-19T19:03:48  <kanzure> has someone reported the unicorn to support@github.com
442 2018-04-19T19:03:49  <jonasschnelli> I could not get hold of him in. the last days
443 2018-04-19T19:03:54  <achow101> maybe telling github would help...
444 2018-04-19T19:03:57  <jonasschnelli> kanzure: please do
445 2018-04-19T19:04:12  <sipa> probably better if a repo owner does so
446 2018-04-19T19:04:18  <sipa> i'll send a mail
447 2018-04-19T19:04:20  <jonasschnelli> I doubt it would help in a resonable timeframe
448 2018-04-19T19:04:21  <meshcollider> I don't get the unicorn, I can see it fine
449 2018-04-19T19:04:28  <jonasschnelli> it's wired
450 2018-04-19T19:04:33  <promag> me to, but in incognito
451 2018-04-19T19:04:37  <instagibbs> kanzure, i did
452 2018-04-19T19:04:39  <wumpus> I see the unicorn
453 2018-04-19T19:04:40  <jonasschnelli> I can't. But i can in mobile view
454 2018-04-19T19:04:51  <instagibbs> incognito works reliably for me
455 2018-04-19T19:04:52  <jnewbery> instagibbs reported it
456 2018-04-19T19:04:54  <kanzure> instagibbs: thanks. i'll refrain.
457 2018-04-19T19:05:10  <sipa> instagibbs: when?
458 2018-04-19T19:05:14  <instagibbs> couple days ago
459 2018-04-19T19:05:18  <sipa> any response?
460 2018-04-19T19:05:21  <instagibbs> no
461 2018-04-19T19:05:29  <achow101> I've reported it just now
462 2018-04-19T19:05:40  <achow101> also works in private browsing (firefox)
463 2018-04-19T19:06:21  <jonasschnelli> logged out state works
464 2018-04-19T19:06:34  <jonasschnelli> however, jimpo should just open a new PR
465 2018-04-19T19:07:38  <jamesob> I can view it in lynx just fine
466 2018-04-19T19:07:40  <sipa> suggested tiny topic: cyclic dependency
467 2018-04-19T19:07:47  <jonasschnelli> hah jamesob
468 2018-04-19T19:07:50  <jamesob> ;)
469 2018-04-19T19:08:28  <wumpus> #topic cyclic dependency
470 2018-04-19T19:08:55  *** jcohen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
471 2018-04-19T19:09:00  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
472 2018-04-19T19:09:06  <sipa> i was wondering if we should have a policy against the type of cyclic dependency where the .cpp files include eachother's .h files (but not .h files include eachother)
473 2018-04-19T19:09:36  <wumpus> do we have that problem?
474 2018-04-19T19:09:36  <sipa> that's not a cyclic dependency for the compiler, but it does mean those two modules can't really be used independently and is generally a sign of bad separation
475 2018-04-19T19:09:38  <kanzure> do we have many of that
476 2018-04-19T19:09:38  <cfields> sipa: example?
477 2018-04-19T19:09:45  <sipa> there are a few open PRs that introduce them
478 2018-04-19T19:10:15  <wumpus> I do agree cyclic dependency should be avoided in general
479 2018-04-19T19:10:20  <sipa> so i wanted to bring it up here to see if that should be a PR merging blocker
480 2018-04-19T19:10:29  <sipa> or just a "try to fix it up afterwards if introduced"
481 2018-04-19T19:10:46  <sipa> i'm fine with either
482 2018-04-19T19:11:07  <cfields> indeed sounds like likely bad design that should at least be justified in the PR
483 2018-04-19T19:11:10  *** votefrac has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
484 2018-04-19T19:11:19  <sdaftuar> cfields: +1
485 2018-04-19T19:11:21  <jonasschnelli> Yes. And maybe mention it in the developer guidelines?
486 2018-04-19T19:11:23  <wumpus> right, might make sense to discuss this in the PR
487 2018-04-19T19:11:23  <meshcollider> Sounds like it'd be a painful thing to fix up afterwards in some cases
488 2018-04-19T19:11:25  <aj> seems good to fix it before merge, but not sure it should be added as a lint check or similar
489 2018-04-19T19:11:27  <sdaftuar> i can imagine that in some contexts we'd merge anyway
490 2018-04-19T19:11:54  <sdaftuar> but might be blocking in others
491 2018-04-19T19:12:02  <meshcollider> ^
492 2018-04-19T19:12:10  <sipa> #12954 introduces one for example
493 2018-04-19T19:12:11  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12954 | util: Refactor logging code into a global object by jimpo · Pull Request #12954 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
494 2018-04-19T19:12:36  <wumpus> for a refactor it should definitely be avoided
495 2018-04-19T19:12:44  <wumpus> refactoring is supposed to make the code better
496 2018-04-19T19:12:50  <wumpus> not introduce further bad design
497 2018-04-19T19:12:58  <sdaftuar> that might be an example of an improvement that just doens't go far enough though?
498 2018-04-19T19:13:05  <sipa> well one way of looking at it is that the current util.cpp there has two subcomponents that already have a cyclic dependency
499 2018-04-19T19:13:16  <sipa> within the same .cpp file
500 2018-04-19T19:13:27  <sipa> and forcing people to fix it before they can separate it is maybe counterproductive
501 2018-04-19T19:13:35  <sipa> or not ;)
502 2018-04-19T19:13:36  <wumpus> maybe...
503 2018-04-19T19:13:43  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
504 2018-04-19T19:13:46  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
505 2018-04-19T19:14:16  <sipa> enough on the topic i guess
506 2018-04-19T19:14:27  <jcohen> one "quick" solution to avoiding that circular dep would be to jam it all into a single file - which i think would be even less desireable
507 2018-04-19T19:14:39  <wumpus> it is already in a single file
508 2018-04-19T19:14:42  <jcohen> the alternative would be to split util up even further, which would lengthen the diff
509 2018-04-19T19:15:06  <sipa> this is just an example, it's relatively easy to fix in this case
510 2018-04-19T19:15:07  <cfields> sipa: right. Since the point of this one is to break up a big blob anyway, requiring it to solve the circular issue in one go would be pretty burdensome. But if it's moving in the right direction, imo maintaining the status quo is ok.
511 2018-04-19T19:15:23  <cfields> we could go back to main.cpp :p
512 2018-04-19T19:15:32  <sipa> cat *.cpp | gcc -
513 2018-04-19T19:15:33  <wumpus> cfields: true...
514 2018-04-19T19:15:40  <achow101> "just put everything into one big file and call it main.cpp"
515 2018-04-19T19:15:52  <wumpus> I don't think I feel strong enough about this one to put it in the guidelines
516 2018-04-19T19:15:55  *** dx25 has quit IRC
517 2018-04-19T19:15:59  <jtimon> well, perhaps breaking util as needed first makes sense
518 2018-04-19T19:16:10  <wumpus> though commenting on it where relevant is a good idea
519 2018-04-19T19:16:14  <sipa> sgtm
520 2018-04-19T19:16:45  <wumpus> if there's an obvious solution to avoid it that's better, but we cannot enumerate every single software design compromise
521 2018-04-19T19:17:19  <wumpus> #topic light client mode design (jonasschnelli)
522 2018-04-19T19:17:39  <aj> #13021 does the "break util as needed first" by the looks - logging.cpp includes util.h, util.h includes logging.h
523 2018-04-19T19:17:40  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13021 | MOVEONLY: Move logging code from util.{h,cpp} to new files. by jimpo · Pull Request #13021 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
524 2018-04-19T19:17:41  *** dx25 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
525 2018-04-19T19:17:42  <jonasschnelli> I'd like to get some feedback about the light client mode... particular the "requestblock" design
526 2018-04-19T19:17:50  <jonasschnelli> #10794
527 2018-04-19T19:17:53  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10794 | Add simple light-client mode (RPC only) by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #10794 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
528 2018-04-19T19:17:59  <jonasschnelli> if that is something we should follow or drop
529 2018-04-19T19:18:07  *** promag has quit IRC
530 2018-04-19T19:18:26  <jonasschnelli> I know the use-cases with 10794 are limited, but a stepping stone towards hybrid and BIP158 light validation
531 2018-04-19T19:18:28  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
532 2018-04-19T19:19:01  <sipa> jonasschnelli: will review
533 2018-04-19T19:19:19  <jonasschnelli> maybe first check for a concept ACK/NACK
534 2018-04-19T19:19:28  <jtimon> aj: yeah, and it seems moveonly, so perhaps just rebasing 12954 on top of 13021 solves the issue in this case? sipa
535 2018-04-19T19:19:30  *** LukeJr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
536 2018-04-19T19:20:23  <sipa> jonasschnelli: yes, makes sense - it's a bit too much to look at right now in the meeting though, i think
537 2018-04-19T19:20:30  <jonasschnelli> sure...
538 2018-04-19T19:20:58  <jonasschnelli> I'm only interested to know if the concept make sense for you guys
539 2018-04-19T19:21:14  <jonasschnelli> (of having a light client mode)
540 2018-04-19T19:21:20  <wumpus> they have been open for a long time, probably should et around to at least concept-acking them
541 2018-04-19T19:21:26  <sipa> yes
542 2018-04-19T19:21:45  <jonasschnelli> Great. Thanks
543 2018-04-19T19:21:47  <sipa> jonasschnelli: oh, the idea of having a client mode - that makes absolutely sense to me
544 2018-04-19T19:21:53  <sipa> but it heavily depends on how and what :)
545 2018-04-19T19:22:04  <meshcollider> Having a light client mode is definitely a concept ACK for me
546 2018-04-19T19:22:11  <LukeJr> jonasschnelli: only as a temporary stage
547 2018-04-19T19:22:19  <sipa> LukeJr: how so?
548 2018-04-19T19:22:21  <jonasschnelli> right... I wasn't sure if the PR is the right place to discuss that or if we want to do it in a meeting
549 2018-04-19T19:22:43  <LukeJr> sipa: it should always be building up to a full node in the bg
550 2018-04-19T19:23:13  <sipa> LukeJr: i disagree - it's a perfectly valid usecase to have one full node you run yourself, and then have multiple client nodes connect exclusively to it
551 2018-04-19T19:23:16  <LukeJr> (even if that bg process is paused for a time)
552 2018-04-19T19:23:36  <LukeJr> sipa: hmm
553 2018-04-19T19:23:43  <cfields> jonasschnelli: I realize this is really unhelpful feedback, but I find the current download logic nearly impossible to follow as-is. I remember giving up on review of this last time for that reason. Imo it's due for a bit of a cleanup/encapsulation before piling more on :(
554 2018-04-19T19:24:13  <sipa> LukeJr: but lightweight upgrading to full in the background is also an very good usecase, imho
555 2018-04-19T19:24:15  <cfields> (feel free to ignore that, maybe it's just my issue reading the code)
556 2018-04-19T19:24:43  <sdaftuar> cfields: you are not the only person who finds the download logic confusing :)
557 2018-04-19T19:25:02  <sipa> i believe those who (helped) write it agree :)
558 2018-04-19T19:25:12  <jonasschnelli> heh. Yes. The open PR is not the first try to make this with a possible very small impact on the code...
559 2018-04-19T19:25:26  <sipa> jonasschnelli: thanks for stickin with it, though
560 2018-04-19T19:25:56  <cfields> yes, I was hesitant to mention that because I didn't want to de-motivate at all.
561 2018-04-19T19:26:00  <LukeJr> sipa: as soon as the wallet is split, your use case just works
562 2018-04-19T19:26:31  <sipa> LukeJr: this is how i imagine the wallet being split :)
563 2018-04-19T19:27:14  <jamesob> *cough* #10973 *cough*
564 2018-04-19T19:27:17  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10973 | Refactor: separate wallet from node by ryanofsky · Pull Request #10973 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
565 2018-04-19T19:27:19  <jonasschnelli> It's still unclear though how fee estimations and mempool checks would be done "in that way"
566 2018-04-19T19:27:46  <sipa> jamesob: that's modularizing the code better, which is independently useful
567 2018-04-19T19:29:08  <sipa> i don't think the goal should be separating the wallet from the node into different processes, and then inventing a protocol between the two... instead of just making the wallet run as a light client
568 2018-04-19T19:29:41  <jamesob> the two sound very similar to me
569 2018-04-19T19:29:50  <LukeJr> I don't agree. There's no reason the wallet and node should be in the same process.
570 2018-04-19T19:30:50  <jonasschnelli> sipa: I agree. For me its just unclear how to transport fee estimations and mempool checks between light client and the fullnode.
571 2018-04-19T19:31:00  <wumpus> LukeJr: that's not what sipa is saying, in his case the node and wallet would also be in different processes, but without custom protocol
572 2018-04-19T19:31:17  <sipa> jamesob: the advantage of using P2P as communication between node and wallet (which is what you get if you see wallets as just lightweight nodes) is that it actually modularizing things: you can run _any_ wallet software or _any_ node software
573 2018-04-19T19:31:30  <jamesob> wumpus sipa: but then using what protocol? a more fleshed out rpc interface?
574 2018-04-19T19:31:37  <sipa> jamesob: P2P
575 2018-04-19T19:31:37  <instagibbs> p2p messages
576 2018-04-19T19:31:50  <instagibbs> with whitelisted fee estimation type messages, i assume
577 2018-04-19T19:31:55  <wumpus> right
578 2018-04-19T19:32:05  <jonasschnelli> instagibbs: but not before we have BIP150/151
579 2018-04-19T19:32:19  <wumpus> I think for localhost it's fine without?
580 2018-04-19T19:32:21  <jonasschnelli> I don't want MITMled fees
581 2018-04-19T19:32:24  <jonasschnelli> yes. sure
582 2018-04-19T19:32:32  <sipa> oh, short topic: update on private authentication protocols
583 2018-04-19T19:32:41  <wumpus> but yes, in general that's correct
584 2018-04-19T19:32:56  <jnewbery> I don't think doing process separation with IPC precludes later doing a p2p-based wallet
585 2018-04-19T19:32:58  <jamesob> sipa: thanks for the explanation; will noodle on that
586 2018-04-19T19:33:16  <jnewbery> p2p-based wallet seems like a very large project
587 2018-04-19T19:33:17  <sipa> jnewbery: i agree, but i think it's a bit overkill
588 2018-04-19T19:33:25  <sipa> jnewbery: however, i don't think that's a choice that needs to be made
589 2018-04-19T19:33:43  <jonasschnelli> jnewbery: we are not too far away from a p2p based wallet IMO
590 2018-04-19T19:33:46  <sipa> encapsulating the communication between node and wallet is an objective improvement to the code
591 2018-04-19T19:34:06  <sipa> even if it does not lead to also a process separation along that interface
592 2018-04-19T19:34:08  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
593 2018-04-19T19:34:38  <jnewbery> jonasschnelli: really? Maybe I overestimate the difficulty, but it seems like we'd need a lot of new logic in the wallet to understand p2p
594 2018-04-19T19:34:48  <sipa> jnewbery: you misunderstand!
595 2018-04-19T19:34:56  <sipa> jnewbery: it would reuse all the existing full node code
596 2018-04-19T19:35:00  <sipa> and p2p implementation
597 2018-04-19T19:35:06  <sipa> just don't do validation
598 2018-04-19T19:35:07  <instagibbs> turn off full validation, ofc
599 2018-04-19T19:35:08  <ryanofsky> just catching up, but yeah, i think two approaches are not exclusive, and work done to support ipc will be useful anyway for making wallet more independent and better able to do async p2p stuff
600 2018-04-19T19:35:10  <jonasschnelli> jnewbery: it needs BIP158 light client mode (or fullblock), fee and mempool checks. Done
601 2018-04-19T19:35:24  *** SopaXorzTaker has quit IRC
602 2018-04-19T19:35:29  <sipa> ryanofsky: yes, fully agree
603 2018-04-19T19:35:51  <jonasschnelli> You just start two instances of Core. One as a full node, one with disabled validation pointing to the full node
604 2018-04-19T19:36:59  <LukeJr> does it simplify or complicate the internal code? (ignoring the present level of complexity in itself)
605 2018-04-19T19:36:59  <jonasschnelli> --> <sipa>	oh, short topic: update on private authentication protocols
606 2018-04-19T19:37:00  <jnewbery> ok, I understand. How much work is it to make core work in --disablevalidation mode?
607 2018-04-19T19:37:12  <sipa> jnewbery: that's the current topic :)
608 2018-04-19T19:37:29  <jonasschnelli> jnewbery: 10794
609 2018-04-19T19:37:32  <jonasschnelli> (does it)
610 2018-04-19T19:37:33  <jnewbery> ok, I'll shut up and read the PR
611 2018-04-19T19:37:37  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
612 2018-04-19T19:38:03  <jonasschnelli> although 10794 leads out the wallet
613 2018-04-19T19:38:11  <jonasschnelli> (to make it reviewable)
614 2018-04-19T19:38:21  <jonasschnelli> *lefts out
615 2018-04-19T19:38:39  <wumpus> #topic update on private authentication protocols (sipa)
616 2018-04-19T19:38:48  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
617 2018-04-19T19:39:25  <sipa> so, as some know gmaxwell and i have been thinking about authentication protocols that have better privacy than bip150
618 2018-04-19T19:40:06  <jonasschnelli> privacy in the sense of fingerprinting?
619 2018-04-19T19:40:09  <sipa> yes
620 2018-04-19T19:40:23  <sipa> the goal is to have a design where one node has 1 or more private keys, and the other node has 1 or more public keys
621 2018-04-19T19:40:40  <sipa> and the second node learns whether one of the other node's private keys matches one of your public keys
622 2018-04-19T19:40:43  <sipa> but _nothing_ else
623 2018-04-19T19:40:57  <sipa> the node with the private keys does not even learn if authentication was succesful
624 2018-04-19T19:41:09  <sipa> or doesn't learn which keys it was being queried for
625 2018-04-19T19:41:26  <jonasschnelli> the use case is then wide deploey authentication sheme rather then the more client-server-ish approach?
626 2018-04-19T19:41:42  <sipa> it's still client-server
627 2018-04-19T19:42:01  <sipa> the cool thing about this is that you can always run the authentication protocol
628 2018-04-19T19:42:03  <LukeJr> sounds hard to give an "authentication failiure" error?
629 2018-04-19T19:42:34  <sipa> LukeJr: the idea is that most of our connections are unauthentication anyway (and should be)... so whatever privileges you give to authenticated nodes, you just don't give if auth fails
630 2018-04-19T19:42:45  <sipa> this has a very cool property
631 2018-04-19T19:42:53  <sipa> you can _always_ run this authentication protocol
632 2018-04-19T19:43:00  <sipa> even if you don't care who the other party is
633 2018-04-19T19:43:05  <jonasschnelli> sipa: but, if you have node A and node B's pubkeys and you want connect to A, how can you be sure you'r not connecting to B?
634 2018-04-19T19:43:11  <LukeJr> sipa: but if the authenticating node doesn't know if it failed, then it doesn't know if it has an authentication connection it expects
635 2018-04-19T19:43:37  <sipa> LukeJr: it can run the same protocol in the other direction to find out
636 2018-04-19T19:43:43  <LukeJr> hmm
637 2018-04-19T19:43:54  <sipa> jonasschnelli: you just query for who you want the other party to be
638 2018-04-19T19:43:59  <phantomcircuit> or just ask for something that requires authentication
639 2018-04-19T19:44:02  *** d9b4bef9 has quit IRC
640 2018-04-19T19:44:41  <sipa> the cool thing is that if you always run the authentication protocol, but if you're not interested in authentication do it with just a randomly generated pubkey, a MitM can't find out what you're doing
641 2018-04-19T19:44:49  <sipa> they have to assume you're trying to authenticate
642 2018-04-19T19:45:02  <sipa> anyway, turns out... this is difficult
643 2018-04-19T19:45:05  <cfields> sipa: i'm not sure if this has evolved from when we discussed last... does your peer learn how many pubkeys you'd accept?
644 2018-04-19T19:45:08  *** d9b4bef9 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
645 2018-04-19T19:45:20  <sipa> cfields: yes, but you can stuff your request with a number of random ones
646 2018-04-19T19:45:28  <cfields> right, ok
647 2018-04-19T19:45:29  <sipa> just pad to 256 keys or whatever, always
648 2018-04-19T19:45:52  <instagibbs> so, did you fix it? :)
649 2018-04-19T19:45:55  <jonasschnelli> sounds interesting.. are there written specs already?
650 2018-04-19T19:46:00  <sipa> we have a protocol that works with 1 privkey and 1 pubkey - which means you need to run in many times sometimes which doesn't lead to great fingerprinting properties
651 2018-04-19T19:46:10  <sipa> and i'm talking to some people to extend it :)
652 2018-04-19T19:46:46  <jonasschnelli> Great. Thanks!
653 2018-04-19T19:46:50  <sipa> jonasschnelli: https://gist.github.com/sipa/d7dcaae0419f10e5be0270fada84c20b
654 2018-04-19T19:46:58  <sipa> note that that protocol linked to is broken
655 2018-04-19T19:47:16  <sipa> but it does explain the rationale pretty well, i think
656 2018-04-19T19:47:37  <sipa> end topic
657 2018-04-19T19:47:51  <jonasschnelli> I guess this protocol would require more cryptoanalysis then the exiting BIP150
658 2018-04-19T19:48:09  <sipa> jonasschnelli: that's ok, i'm talking to dan boneh about it
659 2018-04-19T19:48:28  <jonasschnelli> Good!
660 2018-04-19T19:48:51  <meshcollider> Dan is the solution to all crypto problems
661 2018-04-19T19:48:57  <jonasschnelli> heh
662 2018-04-19T19:49:18  <wumpus> it'd be good as a future successor to BIP150 - though I guess this research shouldn't discourage anyone from implementing BIP150 and having something working on more short term
663 2018-04-19T19:49:26  <sipa> right
664 2018-04-19T19:49:42  <wumpus> (maybe that's obvious, but just to be clear)
665 2018-04-19T19:49:44  <jonasschnelli> Implementing BIP151/150 is still hold back due to the network refactor, right?
666 2018-04-19T19:50:03  <jonasschnelli> If not, I can continue on BIP150
667 2018-04-19T19:50:09  <jonasschnelli> sry. 1541
668 2018-04-19T19:50:10  <jonasschnelli> sry. 151
669 2018-04-19T19:50:11  <cfields> sipa: I'm still a bit confused as to the use-case. Is the intent to be able to explicitly find a known peer, or more generally to build up a list of tofu-ish nodes that aren't known to misbehave, and look for them first when creating outbound connections?
670 2018-04-19T19:50:27  <jnewbery> cfields: what's the state of network refactor? Any PRs awaiting review?
671 2018-04-19T19:50:28  <sipa> cfields: you can't do TOFU, you don't learn who you're connecting to
672 2018-04-19T19:50:50  <sipa> cfields: the whole point is avoiding having discoverable identities for things that should be identityless
673 2018-04-19T19:51:06  <sipa> but sometimes you have a node you trust already (due to external reasons, for example you run it yourself)
674 2018-04-19T19:51:21  <sipa> in which case you'd configure an addnode with a known pubkey or so
675 2018-04-19T19:51:36  <cfields> sipa: got it, thanks.
676 2018-04-19T19:51:51  <cfields> jnewbery: #11457 still, looks like it needs rebase again
677 2018-04-19T19:51:54  <sipa> yes, BIP150 can continue independently
678 2018-04-19T19:51:54  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11457 | Introduce BanMan by theuni · Pull Request #11457 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
679 2018-04-19T19:51:56  <cfields> doing now, thanks for the reminder
680 2018-04-19T19:51:58  <sipa> eh, BIP151
681 2018-04-19T19:52:01  <Murch> cfields: In the case that you for example want to connect with a thin client to your own node, the only valid key you query for is your home node's. If you want to defend against Sybil, you may query a list of known friends and accept any of them. If you just want to scare off a MITM, you query for random keys.
682 2018-04-19T19:52:02  *** niska has quit IRC
683 2018-04-19T19:52:28  <sipa> this is just a replacement for the authentication part; it needs an existing encrypted connection to run over anyway
684 2018-04-19T19:52:49  * jonasschnelli will continue with 151
685 2018-04-19T19:53:14  <LukeJr> how does one authenticate the encryption key?
686 2018-04-19T19:53:20  <sipa> you don't
687 2018-04-19T19:53:39  <jonasschnelli> bip151 does not protect from MITM
688 2018-04-19T19:53:40  <sipa> encryption is done with ephemeral keys, and is completely unauthenticated
689 2018-04-19T19:53:46  <sipa> it does not protect against MitM
690 2018-04-19T19:53:51  <jonasschnelli> Only from passible observing and undetectable interception
691 2018-04-19T19:53:55  <jonasschnelli> *passive
692 2018-04-19T19:54:11  <sipa> but then you run an authentication protocol which can determine if the party you are talking to (possibly the MitM) is who you think it is
693 2018-04-19T19:54:36  <sipa> anyway, enough on the topic
694 2018-04-19T19:54:44  <sipa> just wanted to give an update that there are some cool ideas
695 2018-04-19T19:54:50  <wumpus> yes, thanks!
696 2018-04-19T19:54:54  * sipa lunch
697 2018-04-19T19:55:00  <jonasschnelli> thanks sipa for working on this!
698 2018-04-19T19:55:22  <wumpus> unless someone has a very quick last-minutet topic I think that was the last topic for today
699 2018-04-19T19:56:02  <wumpus> clear :)
700 2018-04-19T19:56:03  <wumpus> #endmeeting
701 2018-04-19T19:56:03  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Apr 19 19:56:03 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
702 2018-04-19T19:56:03  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-04-19-19.00.html
703 2018-04-19T19:56:03  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-04-19-19.00.txt
704 2018-04-19T19:56:03  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-04-19-19.00.log.html
705 2018-04-19T19:56:10  *** LukeJr has quit IRC
706 2018-04-19T19:57:23  <promag> jtimon: sorry, forgot about #10757
707 2018-04-19T19:57:24  *** niska has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
708 2018-04-19T19:57:27  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10757 | RPC: Introduce getblockstats to plot things by jtimon · Pull Request #10757 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
709 2018-04-19T19:57:44  *** promag has quit IRC
710 2018-04-19T20:04:37  <phantomcircuit> sipa, separating encryption and authentication like that has the potential for an obvious mistake
711 2018-04-19T20:05:05  <phantomcircuit> mitm encryption and then fail to authenticate the shared secret used for encryption
712 2018-04-19T20:08:34  *** isis_ is now known as isis
713 2018-04-19T20:08:37  *** Murch has quit IRC
714 2018-04-19T20:09:01  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
715 2018-04-19T20:13:49  *** wxss has quit IRC
716 2018-04-19T20:13:58  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
717 2018-04-19T20:15:01  *** promag has quit IRC
718 2018-04-19T20:16:20  *** moneyball has quit IRC
719 2018-04-19T20:21:37  <achow101> question about wallet hd upgrade path (#12560): is it preferable to warn that a new backup is needed for -upgradewallet or just use a new option entirely?
720 2018-04-19T20:21:40  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12560 | [wallet] Upgrade path for non-HD wallets to HD by achow101 · Pull Request #12560 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
721 2018-04-19T20:24:42  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
722 2018-04-19T20:25:19  *** clarkmoody has quit IRC
723 2018-04-19T20:29:30  *** Murch has quit IRC
724 2018-04-19T20:30:06  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
725 2018-04-19T20:33:34  <sipa> phantomcircuit: then you just have an unauthenticated connection that's still safe from passive attackers
726 2018-04-19T20:34:26  *** clarkmoody has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
727 2018-04-19T20:38:35  *** votefrac has quit IRC
728 2018-04-19T20:40:06  *** tryphe_ has quit IRC
729 2018-04-19T20:41:03  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
730 2018-04-19T20:42:25  *** AndroUser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
731 2018-04-19T20:47:28  *** votefrac has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
732 2018-04-19T20:49:23  *** isis is now known as isis_
733 2018-04-19T20:50:49  *** Randolf has quit IRC
734 2018-04-19T20:53:58  *** Murch has quit IRC
735 2018-04-19T20:55:29  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
736 2018-04-19T20:58:30  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
737 2018-04-19T21:00:53  *** cryptojanitor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
738 2018-04-19T21:20:09  *** votefrac has quit IRC
739 2018-04-19T21:22:58  *** TheCharlatan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
740 2018-04-19T21:23:29  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
741 2018-04-19T21:29:14  *** Dizzle has quit IRC
742 2018-04-19T21:30:12  <phantomcircuit> sipa, yeah but you get what im saying im sure
743 2018-04-19T21:35:12  <jimpo> Sorry, I missed meeting. So I should open a new PR for #11857? It also loads for me, but I can do that if people want...
744 2018-04-19T21:35:16  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11857 | Build tx index in parallel with validation by jimpo · Pull Request #11857 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
745 2018-04-19T21:35:33  *** dongcarl has quit IRC
746 2018-04-19T21:38:07  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
747 2018-04-19T21:38:17  <jimpo> Also, I'd really like to get #13021 in before I have to rebase it again
748 2018-04-19T21:38:19  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13021 | MOVEONLY: Move logging code from util.{h,cpp} to new files. by jimpo · Pull Request #13021 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
749 2018-04-19T21:38:38  *** clarkmoody has quit IRC
750 2018-04-19T21:39:24  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
751 2018-04-19T21:39:26  *** AndroUser has quit IRC
752 2018-04-19T21:48:03  *** Randolf has quit IRC
753 2018-04-19T21:49:06  *** LeMiner has quit IRC
754 2018-04-19T21:50:19  *** arbitrary_guy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
755 2018-04-19T21:51:20  *** jcohen has quit IRC
756 2018-04-19T21:56:37  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
757 2018-04-19T21:57:12  *** isis_ is now known as isis
758 2018-04-19T22:01:44  *** spinza has quit IRC
759 2018-04-19T22:20:12  *** echonaut has quit IRC
760 2018-04-19T22:20:18  *** echonaut2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
761 2018-04-19T22:25:47  *** bedotech has quit IRC
762 2018-04-19T22:28:11  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
763 2018-04-19T22:31:25  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
764 2018-04-19T22:39:51  *** ProfMac has quit IRC
765 2018-04-19T22:46:59  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipsorcery opened pull request #13031: Fix for utiltime to compile with msvc. (master...msvc_gmtime) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13031
766 2018-04-19T22:52:30  *** ProfMac has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
767 2018-04-19T22:59:49  *** bzb has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
768 2018-04-19T23:10:32  *** arbitrary_guy has quit IRC
769 2018-04-19T23:11:31  *** arbitrary_guy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
770 2018-04-19T23:17:33  *** isis is now known as isis_
771 2018-04-19T23:28:29  *** Cogito_Ergo_Sum has quit IRC
772 2018-04-19T23:34:29  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
773 2018-04-19T23:40:03  <achow101> BlueMatt: what's your idea for detecting old keypool keys?
774 2018-04-19T23:41:02  *** d9b4bef9 has quit IRC
775 2018-04-19T23:42:08  *** d9b4bef9 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
776 2018-04-19T23:43:01  *** d9b4bef9 has quit IRC
777 2018-04-19T23:44:07  *** d9b4bef9 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
778 2018-04-19T23:55:18  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] kristapsk opened pull request #13032: Output values for "min relay fee not met" error (master...min-relay-fee-not-met-debug) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13032