1 2018-04-26T00:00:02  *** weez17 has quit IRC
  2 2018-04-26T00:01:07  *** weez17 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  3 2018-04-26T00:02:47  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  4 2018-04-26T00:03:36  *** gribble has quit IRC
  5 2018-04-26T00:06:56  *** gribble has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  6 2018-04-26T00:08:08  *** cryptojanitor has quit IRC
  7 2018-04-26T00:12:18  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  8 2018-04-26T00:13:50  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ryanofsky closed pull request #12275: Improve ScanForWalletTransactions return value (master...pr/scanstat) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12275
  9 2018-04-26T00:17:57  *** Randolf has quit IRC
 10 2018-04-26T00:21:11  *** cryptojanitor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 11 2018-04-26T00:25:14  *** zigen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 12 2018-04-26T00:26:09  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
 13 2018-04-26T00:29:54  *** zigen has quit IRC
 14 2018-04-26T00:39:41  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 15 2018-04-26T00:45:52  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
 16 2018-04-26T00:47:29  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
 17 2018-04-26T00:54:57  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
 18 2018-04-26T00:55:09  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 19 2018-04-26T01:00:23  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 20 2018-04-26T01:07:41  *** Samdney has quit IRC
 21 2018-04-26T01:08:46  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 22 2018-04-26T01:26:57  *** jtimon has quit IRC
 23 2018-04-26T01:27:19  *** Randolf has quit IRC
 24 2018-04-26T01:41:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/25ad2f75f5d1...24106a85b3f6
 25 2018-04-26T01:41:31  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master bd9d67b Kristaps Kaupe: Don't test against min relay fee information in mining_prioritisetransaction.py...
 26 2018-04-26T01:41:32  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 24106a8 MarcoFalke: Merge #13082: Tests: don't test against min relay fee information in mining_prioritisetransaction.py...
 27 2018-04-26T01:42:18  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #13082: Tests: don't test against min relay fee information in mining_prioritisetransaction.py (master...dont-hardcode-134) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13082
 28 2018-04-26T01:48:16  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa pushed 13 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/24106a85b3f6...a07e8caa5d50
 29 2018-04-26T01:48:17  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0cb8303 Jim Posen: [db] Create separate database for txindex....
 30 2018-04-26T01:48:18  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c88bcec Jim Posen: [db] Migration for txindex data to new, separate database.
 31 2018-04-26T01:48:18  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 34d68bf Jim Posen: [index] Create new TxIndex class....
 32 2018-04-26T01:49:03  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa closed pull request #13033: Build txindex in parallel with validation (master...txindex-refactor-take2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13033
 33 2018-04-26T01:57:50  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 34 2018-04-26T02:05:05  *** Randolf has quit IRC
 35 2018-04-26T02:08:52  *** mturquette_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 36 2018-04-26T02:09:20  *** michagogo_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 37 2018-04-26T02:09:50  *** paracyst has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 38 2018-04-26T02:10:27  *** emzy_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 39 2018-04-26T02:11:10  *** helo_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 40 2018-04-26T02:11:57  *** jamesob_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 41 2018-04-26T02:12:50  *** michagogo has quit IRC
 42 2018-04-26T02:12:51  *** helo has quit IRC
 43 2018-04-26T02:12:51  *** shtirlic has quit IRC
 44 2018-04-26T02:12:51  *** [b__b] has quit IRC
 45 2018-04-26T02:12:51  *** joshb[m] has quit IRC
 46 2018-04-26T02:12:52  *** stepa[m] has quit IRC
 47 2018-04-26T02:12:52  *** mturquette has quit IRC
 48 2018-04-26T02:12:52  *** jamesob has quit IRC
 49 2018-04-26T02:12:52  *** paracyst_ has quit IRC
 50 2018-04-26T02:12:52  *** emzy has quit IRC
 51 2018-04-26T02:12:56  *** mturquette_ is now known as mturquette
 52 2018-04-26T02:13:01  *** michagogo_ is now known as michagogo
 53 2018-04-26T02:13:16  *** [b__b] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 54 2018-04-26T02:14:14  *** shtirlic has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 55 2018-04-26T02:15:27  *** dongcarl has quit IRC
 56 2018-04-26T02:16:21  *** herzmeister[m] has quit IRC
 57 2018-04-26T02:16:29  *** griswaalt[m] has quit IRC
 58 2018-04-26T02:16:50  *** Masaomi[m] has quit IRC
 59 2018-04-26T02:16:50  *** kewde[m] has quit IRC
 60 2018-04-26T02:17:08  *** ajtowns[m] has quit IRC
 61 2018-04-26T02:17:44  *** squarfed[m] has quit IRC
 62 2018-04-26T02:17:45  *** dongcarl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 63 2018-04-26T02:24:21  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
 64 2018-04-26T02:25:57  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 65 2018-04-26T02:29:05  *** zigen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 66 2018-04-26T02:34:20  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 67 2018-04-26T02:38:08  *** cryptojanitor has quit IRC
 68 2018-04-26T02:39:17  *** Randolf has quit IRC
 69 2018-04-26T02:41:10  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 70 2018-04-26T02:41:16  *** sneakerhax has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 71 2018-04-26T02:50:30  *** zigen has quit IRC
 72 2018-04-26T02:51:05  *** zigen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 73 2018-04-26T02:51:58  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
 74 2018-04-26T02:52:07  *** zigen has quit IRC
 75 2018-04-26T02:52:21  *** zigen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 76 2018-04-26T02:59:12  *** zigen has quit IRC
 77 2018-04-26T03:14:37  *** rfree_irc has quit IRC
 78 2018-04-26T03:14:59  *** rfree_irc has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 79 2018-04-26T03:29:19  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
 80 2018-04-26T03:29:27  *** Victor_sueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 81 2018-04-26T03:35:30  *** helo_ is now known as helo
 82 2018-04-26T03:46:05  *** justan0theruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 83 2018-04-26T03:46:21  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
 84 2018-04-26T03:56:34  *** TheV01d has quit IRC
 85 2018-04-26T04:02:04  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
 86 2018-04-26T04:04:17  *** propumpkin has quit IRC
 87 2018-04-26T04:10:17  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 88 2018-04-26T04:10:39  *** isis_ is now known as isis
 89 2018-04-26T04:13:19  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
 90 2018-04-26T04:20:57  *** DrFeelGood has quit IRC
 91 2018-04-26T04:21:07  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
 92 2018-04-26T04:21:20  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 93 2018-04-26T04:28:16  *** isis is now known as isis_
 94 2018-04-26T04:57:48  *** Randolf has quit IRC
 95 2018-04-26T05:03:39  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 96 2018-04-26T05:08:00  *** vexbuy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 97 2018-04-26T05:24:13  *** isis_ is now known as isis
 98 2018-04-26T05:43:24  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 99 2018-04-26T06:03:34  *** TheV01d has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
100 2018-04-26T06:16:24  <wumpus> happiness, more unicorns...
101 2018-04-26T06:17:09  *** vexbuy has quit IRC
102 2018-04-26T06:27:20  *** Squidicc has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
103 2018-04-26T06:28:25  *** bedotech has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
104 2018-04-26T06:28:54  *** vexbuy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
105 2018-04-26T06:29:57  *** Squidicuz has quit IRC
106 2018-04-26T06:31:09  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
107 2018-04-26T06:32:53  *** vexbuy_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
108 2018-04-26T06:34:41  * Randolf wonders if Nyan Cat might be a new type of unicorn...
109 2018-04-26T06:36:08  *** vexbuy has quit IRC
110 2018-04-26T06:57:21  *** charly_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
111 2018-04-26T06:59:39  *** charly_ has quit IRC
112 2018-04-26T07:05:35  *** Sinclair_ has quit IRC
113 2018-04-26T07:08:34  <wumpus> unicorns farmed: 1.5 octodecillion
114 2018-04-26T07:08:55  <wumpus> Randolf: a cat that is an unicorn too? is this heaven?
115 2018-04-26T07:14:25  <sipa> wth?
116 2018-04-26T07:15:47  <wumpus> github is working fine for me again, was another hiccup, though they do become awfully common
117 2018-04-26T07:16:39  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
118 2018-04-26T07:17:27  <wumpus> moving the repository would be fairly easy but all the issue managment...
119 2018-04-26T07:17:41  <wumpus> can't see this working better with e.g. trac
120 2018-04-26T07:18:37  *** promag has quit IRC
121 2018-04-26T07:20:07  <meshcollider> We could move back to sourceforge ;)
122 2018-04-26T07:20:59  <kallewoof> Version control is overrated. Let's just email patches to the ML.
123 2018-04-26T07:21:10  <kallewoof> wumpus will sort it out
124 2018-04-26T07:21:37  <wumpus> kallewoof: I know you're sarcastic but that's how mesa/freedesktop still works, and it works ok, and they have much more patch traffic than us
125 2018-04-26T07:21:49  <wumpus> (also way more committers though...)
126 2018-04-26T07:22:27  <kallewoof> I'm amazed that it works ok. But I actually said it because I recall patches being tossed around on some mailing list some years ago.
127 2018-04-26T07:22:52  *** BashCo_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
128 2018-04-26T07:22:58  <luke-jr> I suspect they don't have the same review standards we do
129 2018-04-26T07:23:06  <wumpus> eh they do use git, it's not *instead* of source control, but I mean source patches are posted to the ML for review, testing etc
130 2018-04-26T07:23:30  *** zarez has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
131 2018-04-26T07:23:52  <wumpus> luke-jr: that's true, the source code is also very compartimentalized, with reviewers for specific drivers and parts
132 2018-04-26T07:24:13  <wumpus> and if you post a patch you *need* to CC: the right people otherwise it will never get picked up
133 2018-04-26T07:24:27  *** BashCo has quit IRC
134 2018-04-26T07:24:54  *** vexbuy_ has quit IRC
135 2018-04-26T07:25:13  <wumpus> no one reads everything on the entire ML
136 2018-04-26T07:25:32  <wumpus> anyhow no that's not a good fit for bitcoin core...
137 2018-04-26T07:30:55  <wumpus> meshcollider: I don't understand how they managed to make sourceforge such a mess, I don't hope that's the future for github
138 2018-04-26T07:31:32  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
139 2018-04-26T07:32:11  <meshcollider> Ugh I know :(
140 2018-04-26T07:33:16  * fanquake plans on attending the dev meeting tonight
141 2018-04-26T07:33:35  <wumpus> fanquake: great!
142 2018-04-26T07:34:15  <fanquake> wumpus Sorry for lack of review over the past few days, been very busy. Should be back to normal tomorrow/saturday
143 2018-04-26T07:34:59  * sipa was briefly worried with "dev meeting tonight" thinking i missed something
144 2018-04-26T07:35:08  <wumpus> fanquake: no problem, we all need a break sometimes, and I think even with that you've been more active than most of us :-)
145 2018-04-26T07:35:34  <jonasschnelli> indeed
146 2018-04-26T07:35:37  <wumpus> ah yes the
147 2018-04-26T07:35:39  <sipa> it's past midnight here, and the meeting is at noon
148 2018-04-26T07:35:42  <wumpus> 'tonight' part must confuse some people
149 2018-04-26T07:36:29  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
150 2018-04-26T07:37:30  <jonasschnelli> fanquake: but wait: the meeting is 3am for you? right
151 2018-04-26T07:38:01  <fanquake> jonasschnelli correct, and it's 3:37pm here right now.
152 2018-04-26T07:38:48  * jonasschnelli will soon hand over the "attended-IRC-meeting-in-the-middle-of-the-night" medal to fanquake
153 2018-04-26T07:39:37  <jonasschnelli> I also did that in Indonesia... but mixed up the timezones.. woke up 3am and was one hour to early.
154 2018-04-26T07:41:20  <sipa> we should have meetings at every hour for which doubleSHA256(unix_timestamp) < 2^256 / 168
155 2018-04-26T07:41:48  <jonasschnelli> I guess you would be the only one who shows up on time sipa
156 2018-04-26T07:41:49  <sipa> that would at least be maximally inconvenient for everyone equally
157 2018-04-26T07:41:59  <sipa> jonasschnelli: lol, you don't know me
158 2018-04-26T07:42:00  <fanquake> heh
159 2018-04-26T07:43:27  <wumpus> randomized time-hopping meeting time allocation
160 2018-04-26T07:44:48  <jonasschnelli> the hopping-formula should also include a probability-shift depending on last meeting-attendees timezones and expected sleep-times.
161 2018-04-26T07:45:08  <fanquake> Entry and exit via wormhole only
162 2018-04-26T07:47:02  *** d9b4bef9 has quit IRC
163 2018-04-26T07:47:25  <wumpus> jonasschnelli: that wouldn't maximimize inconvenience for everyone anymore
164 2018-04-26T07:48:08  *** d9b4bef9 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
165 2018-04-26T07:48:20  <wumpus> fanquake: yes if it wasn't for IRC it'd have to be in a random location in space, too...
166 2018-04-26T07:49:17  <wumpus> jonasschnelli: ideally there would be some factor (like a measurement or something that is unpredictable) that gets introduced last minute, so that it's not possible to plan ahead either
167 2018-04-26T07:52:20  <fanquake> wupus amount of time since any GitHub PR has 404'd for you
168 2018-04-26T07:52:22  <fanquake> *wumpus
169 2018-04-26T07:52:32  <jonasschnelli> Heh. fanquake: can you not just move to Europe or US, it seems to be less complicated. :)
170 2018-04-26T07:52:59  <jonasschnelli> Or do we have other non EU/US devs/timezones that want to participate at the meeting?
171 2018-04-26T07:53:32  <wumpus> fanquake: a very long time ago, these days it's usually timeouts
172 2018-04-26T07:53:44  <wumpus> fanquake: you're referring to disappearing issue issues?
173 2018-04-26T07:54:22  <fanquake> wumpus yes, and using that as your unpredictable factor ^
174 2018-04-26T07:54:59  *** shesek has quit IRC
175 2018-04-26T07:55:01  <fanquake> jonasschnelli sure, if I can find somewhere to sleep in the US ;)
176 2018-04-26T07:55:13  <wumpus> fanquake: iterating the issue numbers then storing the pattern of 404 'memory holes', yes good idea
177 2018-04-26T07:55:43  <wumpus> github is sufficiently unpredictable at least...
178 2018-04-26T08:00:18  <wumpus> SHA256(SHA256(unix_timestamp) | num_unicorns) < 2^256 / 168
179 2018-04-26T08:01:41  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/a07e8caa5d50...646b7f6abe73
180 2018-04-26T08:01:41  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fad2958 MarcoFalke: [doc] build-windows: Switch to Artful, since Zesty is EOL
181 2018-04-26T08:01:42  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 646b7f6 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12997: [doc] build-windows: Switch to Artful, since Zesty is EOL...
182 2018-04-26T08:02:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12997: [doc] build-windows: Switch to Artful, since Zesty is EOL (master...Mf1804-docBuildWinArtful) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12997
183 2018-04-26T08:04:45  <jonasschnelli> wumpus: lol
184 2018-04-26T08:06:39  *** belcher has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
185 2018-04-26T08:07:44  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
186 2018-04-26T08:07:44  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
187 2018-04-26T08:07:49  <wumpus> fanquake: I guess europe is an even longer trip for you than the US?
188 2018-04-26T08:08:27  <wumpus> we could also all just move to Australia
189 2018-04-26T08:08:40  *** dermoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
190 2018-04-26T08:08:47  <fanquake> ^ I heard that's the place for the next dev meetups anyways
191 2018-04-26T08:10:35  <jonasschnelli> fanquake: I guess because this years SB is in Tokyo, the next dev meetup will be there..
192 2018-04-26T08:12:57  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
193 2018-04-26T08:13:09  <fanquake> jonasschnelli Syd/Melb would be ok. I'd suggest Perth to save myself a flight but there isn't much happening here..
194 2018-04-26T08:13:16  *** Victor_sueca has quit IRC
195 2018-04-26T08:13:43  <jonasschnelli> fanquake: Perth has better weather. :)
196 2018-04-26T08:14:11  <jonasschnelli> (usually)
197 2018-04-26T08:14:32  <fanquake> jonasschnelli Core-Dev @ the beach heh
198 2018-04-26T08:14:35  *** Victor_sueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
199 2018-04-26T08:14:55  <wumpus> hehe
200 2018-04-26T08:18:32  *** drizztbsd has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
201 2018-04-26T08:18:35  *** timothy has quit IRC
202 2018-04-26T08:28:02  <luke-jr> I have a beach here
203 2018-04-26T08:28:57  *** drizztbsd has quit IRC
204 2018-04-26T08:29:15  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
205 2018-04-26T08:30:08  <wumpus> jnewbery: great to see so much progress on account deprecation re: #13075, should we create an issue to track the importprunedfunds issue?
206 2018-04-26T08:30:09  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13075 | Remove account API from wallet functional tests by jnewbery · Pull Request #13075 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
207 2018-04-26T08:30:27  *** zarez has quit IRC
208 2018-04-26T08:30:38  <wumpus> luke-jr: but you're not in australia!
209 2018-04-26T08:31:37  *** zarez has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
210 2018-04-26T08:33:49  *** drizztbsd has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
211 2018-04-26T08:34:35  *** timothy has quit IRC
212 2018-04-26T08:36:12  <luke-jr> :p
213 2018-04-26T08:46:07  *** kewde[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
214 2018-04-26T08:58:51  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
215 2018-04-26T09:00:19  *** herzmeister[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
216 2018-04-26T09:00:19  *** ajtowns[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
217 2018-04-26T09:00:20  *** squarfed[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
218 2018-04-26T09:00:21  *** stepa[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
219 2018-04-26T09:00:21  *** joshb[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
220 2018-04-26T09:00:27  *** griswaalt[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
221 2018-04-26T09:00:27  *** Masaomi[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
222 2018-04-26T09:10:36  <promag> I think #13028 is merge ready, but lacking some acks..
223 2018-04-26T09:10:39  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13028 | Make vpwallets usage thread safe by promag · Pull Request #13028 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
224 2018-04-26T09:21:37  *** vicenteH has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
225 2018-04-26T09:22:38  *** shesek has quit IRC
226 2018-04-26T09:26:42  *** larafale has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
227 2018-04-26T09:32:15  *** drizztbsd is now known as timothy
228 2018-04-26T09:34:10  <aj> fanquake: there's a lightning dev summit in Adelaide, Nov 8th/9th!
229 2018-04-26T09:35:47  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
230 2018-04-26T09:37:20  *** drizztbsd has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
231 2018-04-26T09:38:01  <fanquake> aj cool. Is there some info about it somewhere?
232 2018-04-26T09:38:52  *** griswaalt[m] has quit IRC
233 2018-04-26T09:39:12  *** promag has quit IRC
234 2018-04-26T09:39:13  *** timothy has quit IRC
235 2018-04-26T09:39:13  *** squarfed[m] has quit IRC
236 2018-04-26T09:39:21  *** stepa[m] has quit IRC
237 2018-04-26T09:39:44  *** Masaomi[m] has quit IRC
238 2018-04-26T09:39:51  *** joshb[m] has quit IRC
239 2018-04-26T09:39:57  *** herzmeister[m] has quit IRC
240 2018-04-26T09:40:04  *** ajtowns[m] has quit IRC
241 2018-04-26T09:40:23  *** kewde[m] has quit IRC
242 2018-04-26T09:42:17  <aj> fanquake: https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/lightning-dev/2018-April/001168.html
243 2018-04-26T09:42:29  <aj> fanquake: followup corrects date in subject:
244 2018-04-26T09:43:17  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
245 2018-04-26T09:44:24  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
246 2018-04-26T09:51:20  *** vexbuy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
247 2018-04-26T09:52:22  *** DrFeelGood has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
248 2018-04-26T09:58:11  <fanquake> aj cheers
249 2018-04-26T10:01:00  <murrayn> any chance for eyeballs on
250 2018-04-26T10:01:00  <murrayn> #12881? After squash it's pretty straightforward, but it's been stuck for weeks.
251 2018-04-26T10:01:02  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12881 | Tighten up bech32::Decode(); add tests. by murrayn · Pull Request #12881 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
252 2018-04-26T10:11:50  <mryandao> [O/T] is this lightning summit event in Adelaide a public event?
253 2018-04-26T10:13:59  <mryandao> #12240 has been squashed for months
254 2018-04-26T10:14:02  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12240 | [rpc] Introduced a new `fees` structure that aggregates all sub-field fee types denominated in BTC by mryandao · Pull Request #12240 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
255 2018-04-26T10:14:10  <aj> mryandao: i imagine you have to be a lightning dev and register first
256 2018-04-26T10:16:17  *** kewde[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
257 2018-04-26T10:17:26  <fanquake> murrayn mryandao can bring both up at the dev meeting. Looks like both are almost ready to go.
258 2018-04-26T10:18:34  <mryandao> when do the dev meetings happen? does it usually happen while aussies are asleep?
259 2018-04-26T10:20:55  <fanquake> mryandao https://bitcoincore.org/en/meetings/ It is late night here yes
260 2018-04-26T10:22:41  <mryandao> i think i'll call it a night and wake up later then. kek
261 2018-04-26T10:28:25  *** Victor_sueca has quit IRC
262 2018-04-26T10:29:32  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
263 2018-04-26T10:29:40  *** herzmeister[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
264 2018-04-26T10:29:40  *** ajtowns[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
265 2018-04-26T10:29:41  *** stepa[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
266 2018-04-26T10:29:41  *** joshb[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
267 2018-04-26T10:29:41  *** squarfed[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
268 2018-04-26T10:29:47  *** sipa has quit IRC
269 2018-04-26T10:29:47  *** griswaalt[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
270 2018-04-26T10:29:47  *** Masaomi[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
271 2018-04-26T10:30:01  *** sipa has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
272 2018-04-26T10:36:01  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/646b7f6abe73...6f8b3453f8a3
273 2018-04-26T10:36:01  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7de1de7 mryandao: Add new fee structure with all sub-fields denominated in BTC
274 2018-04-26T10:36:02  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6f8b345 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12240: [rpc] Introduced a new `fees` structure that aggregates all sub-field fee types denominated in BTC...
275 2018-04-26T10:36:32  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12240: [rpc] Introduced a new `fees` structure that aggregates all sub-field fee types denominated in BTC (master...fix-getrawmempool-fee-representation) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12240
276 2018-04-26T10:40:14  *** Emcy has quit IRC
277 2018-04-26T10:40:34  <promag_> mryandao there you go
278 2018-04-26T10:40:39  *** promag_ is now known as promag
279 2018-04-26T10:41:35  <mryandao> promag: oh sweet. So I dont have to wake up too early :)
280 2018-04-26T10:42:01  <promag> but you should
281 2018-04-26T10:42:09  <promag> dev meetings are fun
282 2018-04-26T10:42:40  <mryandao> oh man, it'd be 5am when the meeting starts
283 2018-04-26T10:42:43  <wumpus> if PRs are ready for merge you should just let me know, no need to wait for the meeting
284 2018-04-26T10:43:12  *** Victor_sueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
285 2018-04-26T10:43:23  <promag> wumpus: since you ask #13028
286 2018-04-26T10:43:26  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13028 | Make vpwallets usage thread safe by promag · Pull Request #13028 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
287 2018-04-26T10:47:02  *** d9b4bef9 has quit IRC
288 2018-04-26T10:47:37  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
289 2018-04-26T10:48:08  *** d9b4bef9 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
290 2018-04-26T10:50:07  *** Emcy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
291 2018-04-26T10:50:19  <wumpus> promag: only has one utACK yet
292 2018-04-26T10:50:46  <wumpus> promag: in some more trivial cases that's enough, but changes around threading are pretty risky
293 2018-04-26T10:51:40  <mryandao> i've been curious, why does core perfer C stdlib over C++ stdlib?
294 2018-04-26T10:52:04  <wumpus> just a historical thing, it doesn't matter right?
295 2018-04-26T10:52:13  <wumpus> it's just not worth wasting cycles on imo
296 2018-04-26T10:52:31  <mryandao> i was just curious. I thought it had to do with performance
297 2018-04-26T10:52:42  <wumpus> eh, I think you're talking about something else than me
298 2018-04-26T10:52:59  <wumpus> I thought you meant include style eg. #include <stdio.h> instead fo #include <cstdio>
299 2018-04-26T10:53:24  <wumpus> not sure what you mean now
300 2018-04-26T10:53:28  <mryandao> oh no. why fprintf as oppose to just <<
301 2018-04-26T10:53:36  <mryandao> as an example
302 2018-04-26T10:53:50  <wumpus> << is used in some places, for example the wallet dumping
303 2018-04-26T10:54:28  <wumpus> yes, for logging printf/fprintf is used, but that's the only thing AFAIK
304 2018-04-26T10:55:11  <wumpus> there's a huge list of standard library functions that should be avoided, or at least used very carefully because they're locale dependent (see #13041)
305 2018-04-26T10:55:13  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13041 | build: Add linter checking for accidental introduction of locale dependence by practicalswift · Pull Request #13041 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
306 2018-04-26T10:56:57  <mryandao> there's another thing I wanted to address, which is core blowing up when debuglog is set to /dev/stdout because it tries to do a shrink
307 2018-04-26T10:57:11  <wumpus> eh definitely don't set it to a non-file
308 2018-04-26T10:57:20  <wumpus> you can do -printtostdout you know that right?
309 2018-04-26T10:57:36  <luke-jr> I thoguht it was -printtoconsole
310 2018-04-26T10:57:38  <mryandao> no I didnt. Now I do.
311 2018-04-26T10:57:49  <wumpus> printtoconsole, yes
312 2018-04-26T10:57:59  <mryandao> printtoconsole, i know all along
313 2018-04-26T10:58:42  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
314 2018-04-26T10:58:52  <wumpus> if you really want to log to a device that is not a file, you can use -printtoconsole and pipe it to that. It'd be possible to add detection of special devices to the logging code, of course, and skip the shrink step...
315 2018-04-26T10:59:05  <wumpus> but that'd be OS dependent at least
316 2018-04-26T10:59:20  <mryandao> I was using core in a docker container, that's why I wanted to log to a file
317 2018-04-26T10:59:24  <mryandao> s/file/device/
318 2018-04-26T10:59:37  <wumpus> e.g. windows has a completely different convention for devices than unix
319 2018-04-26T10:59:51  <mryandao> and i couldnt use a pipe redirect because I wanted to allow appending of more flags as needed
320 2018-04-26T11:01:37  <wumpus> I don't understand that reasoning
321 2018-04-26T11:01:47  *** zautomata2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
322 2018-04-26T11:01:49  <wumpus> then again, I don't know anything about docker
323 2018-04-26T11:03:17  *** zautomata1 has quit IRC
324 2018-04-26T11:04:13  <mryandao> do windows users even use Core on commandline?
325 2018-04-26T11:04:28  <mryandao> i'd expect their usage behaviour to be just running the GUI client
326 2018-04-26T11:05:53  <wumpus> yes, surprisingly many do, even macosx users use bitcoind
327 2018-04-26T11:06:05  <wumpus> hard to believe but windows is also used for servers
328 2018-04-26T11:06:40  <fanquake> Maybe even more surprising given I thought it was our least tested OS
329 2018-04-26T11:08:01  <wumpus> it's mostly hard to troubleshoot errors
330 2018-04-26T11:08:19  <wumpus> on linux or osx you can just run the thing in gdb and get a backtrace... good luck with anything like that on windows
331 2018-04-26T11:09:03  <fanquake> Atleast you can download a Windows 10 "Dev" VM for free and throw it straight into virtualbox. Makes some testing slightly easier
332 2018-04-26T11:09:06  <wumpus> yes,you can use gdb on windows but it's a nightmare, and yes, other debuggers exist, but they all manage to be incompatible with mingws symbol format
333 2018-04-26T11:10:04  <fanquake> Still a bit absurd that I'm just about running 3 OSs to build and test a windows binary though
334 2018-04-26T11:11:02  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
335 2018-04-26T11:11:22  <wumpus> it's interesting how much advances microsoft is making toward linux, I really hope win32 will disappear on the long run and it will be another POSIX-ish OS like macosx
336 2018-04-26T11:12:32  <wumpus> pretty much everything else in the world is
337 2018-04-26T11:15:12  <fanquake> wumpus did you want to merge #12384 even though it still has the formatting changes
338 2018-04-26T11:15:14  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12384 | [Docs] Add version footnote to tor.md by Willtech · Pull Request #12384 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
339 2018-04-26T11:15:44  <fanquake> Not quite sure why there are <a></a> tags being used
340 2018-04-26T11:16:20  *** goatpig has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
341 2018-04-26T11:16:51  *** vexbuy has quit IRC
342 2018-04-26T11:18:56  <wumpus> fanquake: I hate that PR...
343 2018-04-26T11:19:18  <wumpus> (that's why I ignore it, maybe I should just close it)
344 2018-04-26T11:19:50  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
345 2018-04-26T11:20:03  <fanquake> wumpus heh I remember from ny. I can split out the actual change if you'd like it in. Dropping the other stuff.
346 2018-04-26T11:20:22  <wumpus> tried to have a reasonable discussion with the guy but it just isn't dawn on him, and it doesn't make sense to make format changes at the same time, certainly not ones that I disgaree with in the first place
347 2018-04-26T11:21:11  <wumpus> though he means well, I'm sure, which is why I haven't really confronted him I guess...
348 2018-04-26T11:21:56  <wumpus> his whole point is that "torcontrol" works from version 0.2.7.0 and higher
349 2018-04-26T11:22:03  <wumpus> if that was the whole of the change I'd be happy with it
350 2018-04-26T11:22:46  <wumpus> what he's trying to bring into it is that manually setting up the tor settings is somehow deprecated just because the automatic control exists
351 2018-04-26T11:22:53  <wumpus> that's just false
352 2018-04-26T11:23:25  <wumpus> and then some completely random formatting changes on top
353 2018-04-26T11:23:37  <fanquake> wumpus np. I'll sort something out.
354 2018-04-26T11:23:40  <wumpus> fanquake: yes, we could do that, at least we can close it then :)
355 2018-04-26T11:24:37  <promag> fanquake: why is <a></a> even there?
356 2018-04-26T11:25:14  <fanquake> promag I'm not sure, you definitely don't need it to create links in .md files.
357 2018-04-26T11:25:21  <wumpus> promag: I think that is to add an anchor, to refer to in the link above it
358 2018-04-26T11:25:34  <wumpus> promag: sections create auto-anchors though
359 2018-04-26T11:25:40  <promag> right
360 2018-04-26T11:25:54  <wumpus> and <a name=""> has been deprecated for a long time in favor of <a id="">
361 2018-04-26T11:26:00  <fanquake> Is the idea that all "Up for Grabs" labelled can be closed? Given that you can find them using the label?
362 2018-04-26T11:26:01  <wumpus> but it shouldn't be needed
363 2018-04-26T11:26:12  <fanquake> *labelled PRs
364 2018-04-26T11:26:16  <wumpus> fanquake: I think so, yes
365 2018-04-26T11:26:38  <aj> do up-for-grabs labels get removed when someone grabs them?
366 2018-04-26T11:26:43  <wumpus> at least if the author is inactive, if they're still working on it it shouldn't have 'up for grabs' in the first place
367 2018-04-26T11:26:46  <wumpus> aj: hopefully...
368 2018-04-26T11:26:49  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #13068: tests: Remove unused constant MAX_INV_SZ (master...MAX_INV_SZ) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13068
369 2018-04-26T11:27:11  <fanquake> aj ideally. Same as "Needs backport" being removed after backporting
370 2018-04-26T11:27:39  <fanquake> At the moment pretty much all needs backporting PRs are taken care of except for one thing in the 0.15 branch
371 2018-04-26T11:29:30  <fanquake> Which is #11809 if anyone is interested in taking a look
372 2018-04-26T11:29:32  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11809 | gui: Fix proxy setting options dialog crash by laanwj · Pull Request #11809 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
373 2018-04-26T11:31:24  <wumpus> yes it's one of those 'if we're going to do a 0.15.2 for some reason, that one should be in'
374 2018-04-26T11:34:52  <fanquake> I wonder if we should be more explicit about "You should probably be building the release.x branch if you are building an older version. Rather than the last release/tag.
375 2018-04-26T11:35:34  <fanquake> Noticed someone having an issue building 0.15.1 on osx, (bottom of #12009), even though we've backported that fix to the 0.15 branch.
376 2018-04-26T11:35:35  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12009 | Cant build on macOS Sierra: likely a boost c++11 error? · Issue #12009 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
377 2018-04-26T11:35:52  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
378 2018-04-26T11:35:59  <wumpus> yes, would make sense to add something about what branch/tag to use to README.md
379 2018-04-26T11:36:12  <wumpus> also that many people use master while they should be using e.g. the 0.16 branch
380 2018-04-26T11:45:27  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
381 2018-04-26T11:45:28  *** shesek has quit IRC
382 2018-04-26T11:45:28  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
383 2018-04-26T11:50:43  *** fanquake has quit IRC
384 2018-04-26T11:51:22  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
385 2018-04-26T11:55:28  *** Samdney has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
386 2018-04-26T12:00:35  *** Samdney has quit IRC
387 2018-04-26T12:00:44  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
388 2018-04-26T12:04:22  *** Samdney has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
389 2018-04-26T12:12:57  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ajtowns opened pull request #13088: Log early messages with -printtoconsole (master...earlyconsolelog) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13088
390 2018-04-26T12:13:18  *** promag has quit IRC
391 2018-04-26T12:21:45  *** SopaXorzTaker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
392 2018-04-26T12:30:15  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12183: Make use of emplace in nonassociative containers. (master...use_emplace) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12183
393 2018-04-26T12:33:13  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
394 2018-04-26T12:33:20  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12169: Avoid temporary copies in C++11 ranged-based for loops. (master...remove_loop_implicit_casts) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12169
395 2018-04-26T12:33:52  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12158: Avoid unnecessary copy of objects. (master...avoid_copies) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12158
396 2018-04-26T12:34:42  *** cphrmky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
397 2018-04-26T12:38:45  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12300: [Build] Adding --enable-mainnet configuration option for running mainnet (master...mainnet_chain_config) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12300
398 2018-04-26T12:43:06  <fanquake> wumpus possibly #11231 due to inactivity?
399 2018-04-26T12:43:08  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11231 | Improve netaddress implementation by danra · Pull Request #11231 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
400 2018-04-26T12:44:41  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
401 2018-04-26T12:46:52  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #12152: [WIP] misc. backwards compatibility tests (master...previous-release-segwit-wallet-test) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12152
402 2018-04-26T12:50:21  <wumpus> fanquake: yep
403 2018-04-26T12:50:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #11231: Improve netaddress implementation (master...refactor/safe-netaddress) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11231
404 2018-04-26T12:51:30  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/6f8b3453f8a3...eac067ad5962
405 2018-04-26T12:51:31  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4f933b3 fivepiece: p2wpkh, p2wsh and p2sh-nested scripts in decodescript...
406 2018-04-26T12:51:31  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 41ff967 fivepiece: list the types of scripts we should consider for a witness program
407 2018-04-26T12:51:32  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master eac067a Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12321: p2wsh and p2sh-p2wsh address in decodescript...
408 2018-04-26T12:51:58  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12321: p2wsh and p2sh-p2wsh address in decodescript (master...decodescript-p2wsh) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12321
409 2018-04-26T12:56:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #11523: [Refactor] CValidation State (master...dos-cleanup) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11523
410 2018-04-26T12:59:09  *** Victor_sueca has quit IRC
411 2018-04-26T13:00:03  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #9443: Repairing the large-work fork warning system (master...forkwarning) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/9443
412 2018-04-26T13:00:19  *** Victor_sueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
413 2018-04-26T13:00:59  <wumpus> also not sure about #10563
414 2018-04-26T13:01:02  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10563 | Remove safe mode by achow101 · Pull Request #10563 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
415 2018-04-26T13:01:41  <wumpus> asking for rebase again is kind of pointless if we don't know whether to do it
416 2018-04-26T13:01:42  *** emzy_ is now known as Emzy
417 2018-04-26T13:01:46  <wumpus> (or when, at least)
418 2018-04-26T13:02:25  <fanquake> agree. Maybe bring it up at the meeting. If there's no "let's do this and we'll review it quite soon" type consensus I think closing for now is fine.
419 2018-04-26T13:03:04  *** Emzy has quit IRC
420 2018-04-26T13:03:04  *** Emzy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
421 2018-04-26T13:04:50  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
422 2018-04-26T13:05:07  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
423 2018-04-26T13:06:10  <wumpus> I do agree with the rationale though now
424 2018-04-26T13:06:16  <wumpus> so I'll remove my concept NACK
425 2018-04-26T13:09:17  *** drizztbsd is now known as timothy
426 2018-04-26T13:14:29  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
427 2018-04-26T13:16:01  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
428 2018-04-26T13:19:02  *** vexbuy_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
429 2018-04-26T13:19:57  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
430 2018-04-26T13:25:34  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
431 2018-04-26T13:26:54  *** molz has quit IRC
432 2018-04-26T13:35:09  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
433 2018-04-26T13:35:12  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj opened pull request #13090: Remove Safe mode (rebased) (master...2018_04_remove_safemode_rebased) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13090
434 2018-04-26T13:35:36  *** mol has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
435 2018-04-26T13:35:39  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #10563: Remove safe mode (master...rm-safemode) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10563
436 2018-04-26T13:35:59  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
437 2018-04-26T13:38:03  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
438 2018-04-26T13:38:42  *** twistedline has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
439 2018-04-26T13:38:45  *** twistedline_ has quit IRC
440 2018-04-26T13:39:50  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
441 2018-04-26T13:40:33  <fanquake> Spent a good while compiling/installing bitcoin-qt for Windows and the .exe just refuses to run. 0 output at all.
442 2018-04-26T13:42:50  * kallewoof & the unicorns. Out now.
443 2018-04-26T13:43:04  <wumpus> fanquake: ugh, those errors are the worst :-(
444 2018-04-26T13:43:07  <wumpus> later kallewoof
445 2018-04-26T13:43:24  <kallewoof> wumpus: I was imitating an album, but yeah, am leaving for the day too. :)
446 2018-04-26T13:43:49  <wumpus> yes I already thought so :)
447 2018-04-26T13:48:42  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
448 2018-04-26T13:49:40  <promag> wumpus: how about this one #12151?
449 2018-04-26T13:49:42  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12151 | Remove cs_main lock from blockToJSON and blockheaderToJSON by promag · Pull Request #12151 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
450 2018-04-26T13:55:27  *** shesek has quit IRC
451 2018-04-26T13:56:16  <fanquake> Has anyone else noticed the Windows "SmartScreen" blocks downloading the Windows binary from bitcoincore.org ?
452 2018-04-26T13:56:27  <fanquake> I can't remember seeing this before.
453 2018-04-26T13:56:50  <wumpus> me neither
454 2018-04-26T13:57:00  <wumpus> also never heard about someone else encountering that
455 2018-04-26T13:57:43  *** SopaXorzTaker has quit IRC
456 2018-04-26T13:57:57  *** jpe has quit IRC
457 2018-04-26T13:58:20  <fanquake> This is what I'm seeing https://0bin.net/paste/vHiSbOiO39vquNfn#WPo95lp1IycB8zhK9tPbSWwNRFcBtahbymS+aYyIYHU
458 2018-04-26T14:00:12  <fanquake> However it doesn't block either 32 bit downloads.. Only the 64 bit .zip and .exe
459 2018-04-26T14:01:45  <wumpus> certainly seems like some false positive
460 2018-04-26T14:05:45  *** instagibbs has quit IRC
461 2018-04-26T14:08:31  *** instagibbs has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
462 2018-04-26T14:09:13  <fanquake> I think the scanner must toss a coin to decide which message it's going to throw
463 2018-04-26T14:09:15  <fanquake> https://0bin.net/paste/AwG3Gl69a32wQjQR#CT7E0d5SHrE7kdtYHkAt8glTBA7WOYaIQEXz7oXwWiY
464 2018-04-26T14:09:31  <fanquake> Apparently the .exe now "contained a virus".
465 2018-04-26T14:13:07  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
466 2018-04-26T14:13:25  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
467 2018-04-26T14:20:34  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
468 2018-04-26T14:23:06  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
469 2018-04-26T14:24:41  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
470 2018-04-26T14:26:39  *** Sinclair6 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
471 2018-04-26T14:37:03  *** larafale has quit IRC
472 2018-04-26T14:44:05  *** SopaXorzTaker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
473 2018-04-26T14:46:08  *** vexbuy_ has quit IRC
474 2018-04-26T14:47:32  *** jpe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
475 2018-04-26T14:49:43  *** zarez has quit IRC
476 2018-04-26T14:49:54  *** zarez has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
477 2018-04-26T14:51:44  *** Victor_sueca has quit IRC
478 2018-04-26T14:52:53  *** Victor_sueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
479 2018-04-26T14:53:19  *** Aaronvan_ is now known as AaronvanW
480 2018-04-26T14:53:49  *** zarez1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
481 2018-04-26T14:54:27  *** zarez has quit IRC
482 2018-04-26T14:54:28  *** zarez1 is now known as zarez
483 2018-04-26T14:59:44  *** vexbuy_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
484 2018-04-26T15:03:49  *** niska has quit IRC
485 2018-04-26T15:04:10  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
486 2018-04-26T15:12:32  *** larafale has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
487 2018-04-26T15:14:56  *** bitcoin20 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
488 2018-04-26T15:15:01  <bitcoin20> hello frens
489 2018-04-26T15:15:03  <bitcoin20> happy 17m
490 2018-04-26T15:17:21  *** niska has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
491 2018-04-26T15:17:23  <Randolf> Hello bitcoin20.
492 2018-04-26T15:22:59  *** mol has quit IRC
493 2018-04-26T15:23:10  *** mol has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
494 2018-04-26T15:23:28  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/eac067ad5962...826acc9a3d02
495 2018-04-26T15:23:28  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master abd58a2 Aaron Clauson: Fix for utiltime to compile with msvc.
496 2018-04-26T15:23:29  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 826acc9 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #13031: Fix for utiltime to compile with msvc....
497 2018-04-26T15:24:09  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #13031: Fix for utiltime to compile with msvc. (master...msvc_gmtime) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13031
498 2018-04-26T15:24:56  <bitcoin20> is bitcoincore adapted to asic  technology?
499 2018-04-26T15:25:29  <Randolf> bitcoin20:  That's a good question for the #bitcoin channel.  Please ask there.
500 2018-04-26T15:25:50  <bitcoin20> isnt it the dev
501 2018-04-26T15:27:22  <Randolf> This channel is focused on Bitcoin Core code development.  The question you ask seems to be a more general one.
502 2018-04-26T15:33:24  *** vexbuy_ has quit IRC
503 2018-04-26T15:38:16  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #13091: [0.15] doc: Add compilation note to README.md (0.15...0-15-0-readme) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13091
504 2018-04-26T15:39:12  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
505 2018-04-26T15:44:03  *** Deinogalerix21 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
506 2018-04-26T15:44:39  *** vexbuy_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
507 2018-04-26T15:48:17  *** Randolf has quit IRC
508 2018-04-26T15:54:16  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
509 2018-04-26T15:56:49  *** Deinogalerix21 has quit IRC
510 2018-04-26T16:04:46  *** promag has quit IRC
511 2018-04-26T16:07:59  *** molz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
512 2018-04-26T16:10:20  *** mol has quit IRC
513 2018-04-26T16:13:46  *** bitcoin20 has quit IRC
514 2018-04-26T16:15:36  *** zarez has quit IRC
515 2018-04-26T16:15:38  *** ProfMac has quit IRC
516 2018-04-26T16:16:03  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
517 2018-04-26T16:20:02  *** Dizzle has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
518 2018-04-26T16:23:22  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #13093: [0.15] backport: depends qt patches (0.15...0-15-depends-qt-backport) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13093
519 2018-04-26T16:25:09  *** TheV01d has quit IRC
520 2018-04-26T16:25:39  *** TheV01d has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
521 2018-04-26T16:33:14  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
522 2018-04-26T16:37:46  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
523 2018-04-26T16:44:22  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ken2812221 opened pull request #13094: tests: Add test for 64-bit Windows PE, modify 32-bit test results (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13094
524 2018-04-26T16:51:13  *** ProfMac has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
525 2018-04-26T17:00:56  *** shtirlic has quit IRC
526 2018-04-26T17:01:46  *** shtirlic has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
527 2018-04-26T17:05:06  <fanquake> wumpus Agree that the note being "in" the branch isn't ideal, I'm open to other suggestions on where to put.
528 2018-04-26T17:05:36  <wumpus> fanquake: I think it would make sense to have a section about branches in the README.md in master, somewhere near the top
529 2018-04-26T17:06:20  <fanquake> wumpus ok. I guess that section could get adjusted at branching time to be more specific if required as well.
530 2018-04-26T17:07:35  *** shtirlic_ has quit IRC
531 2018-04-26T17:11:46  *** mistergold has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
532 2018-04-26T17:12:29  *** shtirlic_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
533 2018-04-26T17:12:59  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #13095: build: update ax_boost_chrono/unit_test_framework (master...sync-boost-ax-chrono-unit-test) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13095
534 2018-04-26T17:14:47  *** shtirlic_ has quit IRC
535 2018-04-26T17:17:09  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
536 2018-04-26T17:24:54  *** jtimon has quit IRC
537 2018-04-26T17:27:52  *** n1bor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
538 2018-04-26T17:29:17  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jl2012 opened pull request #13096: [Policy] Fix MAX_STANDARD_TX_WEIGHT check (master...max_std_tx_weight) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13096
539 2018-04-26T17:30:37  *** alex_rus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
540 2018-04-26T17:31:42  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] promag opened pull request #13097: Support wallets loaded dynamically (master...2018-04-ui-wallet-loaded) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13097
541 2018-04-26T17:32:27  *** DrFeelGood has quit IRC
542 2018-04-26T17:33:21  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
543 2018-04-26T17:34:05  <promag> fanquake: ui label on that one
544 2018-04-26T17:34:46  *** contrapumpkin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
545 2018-04-26T17:34:55  *** DrFeelGood has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
546 2018-04-26T17:36:30  <promag> ty
547 2018-04-26T17:36:33  *** timothy has quit IRC
548 2018-04-26T17:41:20  *** promag has quit IRC
549 2018-04-26T17:48:42  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/826acc9a3d02...8d045a0f66df
550 2018-04-26T17:48:43  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fadfbd3 MarcoFalke: qa: Add test for orphan handling
551 2018-04-26T17:48:43  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa02c5b MarcoFalke: qa: Clarify documentation for send_txs_and_test
552 2018-04-26T17:48:44  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8d045a0 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #13003: qa: Add test for orphan handling...
553 2018-04-26T17:49:27  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #13003: qa: Add test for orphan handling (master...Mf1804-qaOrphans) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13003
554 2018-04-26T17:51:35  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
555 2018-04-26T17:52:10  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
556 2018-04-26T17:54:03  *** ProfMac has quit IRC
557 2018-04-26T17:57:37  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
558 2018-04-26T18:03:24  *** SopaXorzTaker has quit IRC
559 2018-04-26T18:07:33  *** ProfMac has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
560 2018-04-26T18:07:52  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
561 2018-04-26T18:10:06  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
562 2018-04-26T18:10:24  *** promag has quit IRC
563 2018-04-26T18:10:48  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 10 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/8d045a0f66df...487dcbe80c20
564 2018-04-26T18:10:49  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 952d821 Pieter Wuille: Make CScript -> CScriptID conversion explicit
565 2018-04-26T18:10:49  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fb1dfbb Pieter Wuille: Remove unused IsMine overload
566 2018-04-26T18:10:50  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 19fc973 Pieter Wuille: Do not expose SigVersion argument to IsMine...
567 2018-04-26T18:11:32  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #13002: Do not treat bare multisig outputs as IsMine unless watched (master...201804_cleanismine) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13002
568 2018-04-26T18:12:49  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
569 2018-04-26T18:13:27  <achow101> what happened to cflatdata?
570 2018-04-26T18:13:29  *** Emcy has quit IRC
571 2018-04-26T18:14:09  <sipa> achow101: gone!
572 2018-04-26T18:14:10  *** Victor_sueca has quit IRC
573 2018-04-26T18:14:13  <sipa> what do you need it for?
574 2018-04-26T18:14:20  <achow101> rebasing psbt
575 2018-04-26T18:14:30  <sipa> what kind of object are you serializing?
576 2018-04-26T18:14:55  <achow101> std::vector<unsigned char>
577 2018-04-26T18:15:02  <sipa> with fixed known size?
578 2018-04-26T18:15:17  <sipa> READWRITE(MakeSpan(the_vector)) should work
579 2018-04-26T18:15:20  *** Victor_sueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
580 2018-04-26T18:16:17  <achow101> sipa: I have things like this: WriteCompactSize(s, entry.second.size());
581 2018-04-26T18:16:18  <achow101>             s << CFlatData(REF(entry.second));
582 2018-04-26T18:16:23  <achow101> entry.second is a CScript actually
583 2018-04-26T18:16:34  <sipa> s << MakeSpan(entry.second);
584 2018-04-26T18:16:53  <achow101> ok, thanks
585 2018-04-26T18:17:12  <sipa> does 's << entry.second' not work (replacing the WriteCompactSize too)?
586 2018-04-26T18:18:18  <achow101> I'm not sure
587 2018-04-26T18:20:02  *** alex_rus has quit IRC
588 2018-04-26T18:20:58  *** Emcy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
589 2018-04-26T18:23:51  *** promag_ has quit IRC
590 2018-04-26T18:36:47  <achow101> sipa: so Span effectively replaces CFlatData?
591 2018-04-26T18:39:01  <sipa> achow101: Span is much more :)
592 2018-04-26T18:39:32  <sipa> it's just a pointer to some data + length, that acts like a container on itself
593 2018-04-26T18:39:53  <sipa> but Span<unsigned char> has a special serializer that works like serializing arrays
594 2018-04-26T18:40:21  <sipa> it has a subset of the functionality of std::span that is proposed for C++20
595 2018-04-26T18:41:10  <achow101> ah ok
596 2018-04-26T18:41:27  <achow101> I made liberal use of CFlatData when implementing psbt so now I need to figure out how to fix all of that
597 2018-04-26T18:41:42  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
598 2018-04-26T18:41:58  <sipa> oh, you can also serialize arrays of chars directly now
599 2018-04-26T18:42:04  <sipa> s << array;
600 2018-04-26T18:43:45  <achow101> What about deserializing arrays of chars?
601 2018-04-26T18:45:01  <sipa> also works
602 2018-04-26T18:45:17  <sipa> also on Spans
603 2018-04-26T18:45:19  <achow101> Does it have to be length prefixed?
604 2018-04-26T18:45:24  <sipa> no
605 2018-04-26T18:45:36  <sipa> vectors are serialized with length prefixed
606 2018-04-26T18:45:43  <sipa> arrays and spans are not
607 2018-04-26T18:45:52  <sipa> (serialized and deserialized)
608 2018-04-26T18:45:57  <achow101> ok
609 2018-04-26T18:52:37  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #12583: [WIP] Unit test sub-directories (master...unittest_subdir) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12583
610 2018-04-26T18:56:17  *** clarkmoody has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
611 2018-04-26T18:57:07  <jonasschnelli> achow101: I need to study psbt, but was wondering if it was designed to deseialize on low mem mcus
612 2018-04-26T18:57:58  <jonasschnelli> example: deserialize with a buffer of say 1kb, get hash and total of all outputs
613 2018-04-26T18:58:00  <achow101> jonasschnelli: I did intend for it to be used with hardware wallets, but I'm not sure if it actually will
614 2018-04-26T18:58:24  <sipa> i expect there will be translation layers between PSBT and every hardware device
615 2018-04-26T18:58:36  <achow101> a psbt can be quite large
616 2018-04-26T18:58:43  <sipa> that translation layer can present things to the device in whatever format it wants
617 2018-04-26T18:59:00  <jonasschnelli> size does not matter too much, as long the the deser/ser is cleverly design to allow tx verification with a small buffer
618 2018-04-26T18:59:12  <sipa> jonasschnelli: it isn't
619 2018-04-26T18:59:33  <jonasschnelli> sipa: yes. then I guess the layer is required
620 2018-04-26T18:59:41  <sipa> i think that's inevitable
621 2018-04-26T18:59:47  <jonasschnelli> Though it will introduce another form of an API which is unfortunate
622 2018-04-26T19:00:23  <wumpus> #startmeeting
623 2018-04-26T19:00:23  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Apr 26 19:00:23 2018 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
624 2018-04-26T19:00:23  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
625 2018-04-26T19:00:25  <instagibbs> meeting?
626 2018-04-26T19:00:26  <instagibbs> hi
627 2018-04-26T19:00:28  <jamesob_> :wave:
628 2018-04-26T19:00:30  <sipa> meeting
629 2018-04-26T19:00:30  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr btcdrak sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator
630 2018-04-26T19:00:33  <achow101> hi
631 2018-04-26T19:00:38  <sdaftuar> hi
632 2018-04-26T19:00:40  <cfields> hi
633 2018-04-26T19:00:42  <fanquake> hi
634 2018-04-26T19:00:43  <jonasschnelli> hi
635 2018-04-26T19:00:45  <sipa> hi
636 2018-04-26T19:00:45  <wumpus> proposed topics?
637 2018-04-26T19:01:04  *** jamesob_ is now known as jamesob
638 2018-04-26T19:01:33  <wumpus> #topic high priority for review
639 2018-04-26T19:01:42  <kanzure> hi.
640 2018-04-26T19:01:54  <fanquake> Would suggest #10757 but I'm seeing unicorns..
641 2018-04-26T19:01:58  <wumpus> #12979 #12560 #10757
642 2018-04-26T19:01:59  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10757 | RPC: Introduce getblockstats to plot things by jtimon · Pull Request #10757 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
643 2018-04-26T19:02:00  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12979 | Split validationinterface into paralell validation/mempool interfaces by TheBlueMatt · Pull Request #12979 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
644 2018-04-26T19:02:03  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12560 | [wallet] Upgrade path for non-HD wallets to HD by achow101 · Pull Request #12560 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
645 2018-04-26T19:02:06  <wumpus> are currently open and on there
646 2018-04-26T19:02:09  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10757 | RPC: Introduce getblockstats to plot things by jtimon · Pull Request #10757 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
647 2018-04-26T19:02:12  <instagibbs> proposed topic: the necessity of "totalFee" as an argument for bumpfee
648 2018-04-26T19:02:27  *** Dizzle has quit IRC
649 2018-04-26T19:02:34  <BlueMatt> I mean we havent really been getting any review on the "high priority" list
650 2018-04-26T19:02:39  <BlueMatt> so not sure the use of bringing it up every week
651 2018-04-26T19:02:55  <wumpus> BlueMatt: if we don't bring it up it's even more pointless I guess
652 2018-04-26T19:03:05  <sdaftuar> yeah we either nag or we give up -- i vote for the former
653 2018-04-26T19:03:20  * sdaftuar nags self
654 2018-04-26T19:03:21  <BlueMatt> I've nagged the last two weeks (sorry wasnt prepared today) but...no dice
655 2018-04-26T19:03:22  <aj> BlueMatt: 10757's had review, and txindex made it in. yours is hard :(
656 2018-04-26T19:03:23  <wumpus> but if it doens't help we can give up on it too, fine with me
657 2018-04-26T19:03:36  <jonasschnelli> Agree. Though "High Priority" is probably the wrong name for that list
658 2018-04-26T19:04:13  <wumpus> jonasschnelli: any idea for a better name?
659 2018-04-26T19:04:20  <sipa> i wonder if the "everyone can get one of their PRs on the list" policy is very good
660 2018-04-26T19:04:41  <wumpus> sipa: any idea for a better policy?
661 2018-04-26T19:04:44  <jonasschnelli> I have no better name
662 2018-04-26T19:04:47  <aj> BlueMatt: and yours needs rebase again. :( worth tracking which non-high-pri PRs conflict with high-pri issues and avoid merging them?
663 2018-04-26T19:04:48  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
664 2018-04-26T19:04:58  <promag> hi
665 2018-04-26T19:05:04  <BlueMatt> the subsection is "blockers"
666 2018-04-26T19:05:08  <BlueMatt> ie "this is blocking my work"
667 2018-04-26T19:05:09  <jonasschnelli> I think the policy seems pretty fair regarding the lack of a steering commitee
668 2018-04-26T19:05:12  <BlueMatt> which is correct for a few of those
669 2018-04-26T19:05:16  <sipa> BlueMatt: ah yes, that makes sense
670 2018-04-26T19:05:23  <jamesob> aj: sounds like a lot of work
671 2018-04-26T19:05:43  <wumpus> yes "blockers" might be a better name
672 2018-04-26T19:05:43  *** promag has quit IRC
673 2018-04-26T19:05:49  <aj> jamesob: i have a script that approximates it; haven't been running it regularly, but there's no reason i couldn't
674 2018-04-26T19:05:49  <wumpus> that's why they're high priority
675 2018-04-26T19:05:52  <BlueMatt> aj: you can still review things with trivial conflicts....
676 2018-04-26T19:05:57  <sipa> i started reviewing #12979 but had difficulty following
677 2018-04-26T19:05:59  <wumpus> or supposed to be, anyhow
678 2018-04-26T19:05:59  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12979 | Split validationinterface into paralell validation/mempool interfaces by TheBlueMatt · Pull Request #12979 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
679 2018-04-26T19:06:15  <jamesob> aj: oh interesting
680 2018-04-26T19:06:24  <BlueMatt> sipa: well it got split off of 11775, so its a pure refactor
681 2018-04-26T19:06:32  <BlueMatt> all it is is moving things around, so on its face it looks useless and dumb
682 2018-04-26T19:06:47  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
683 2018-04-26T19:06:57  *** LukeJr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
684 2018-04-26T19:07:06  <sipa> also, BlueMatt, do you think #11639 may not be closer to merge (as it seems like it may conflict with 12979?)
685 2018-04-26T19:07:10  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11639 | Rewrite the interface between validation and net_processing wrt DoS by TheBlueMatt · Pull Request #11639 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
686 2018-04-26T19:08:03  *** drexl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
687 2018-04-26T19:08:26  <BlueMatt> sipa: it is almost certainly closer to merge, but it is *not* blocking me so is not my "high-priority blocker"
688 2018-04-26T19:08:35  <BlueMatt> whereas 12979 is blocking about 10 other things
689 2018-04-26T19:08:40  <sipa> ah, i see
690 2018-04-26T19:08:57  <BlueMatt> however, our high-priority policy has historically been that you can nominate someone else' pr if its blocking you
691 2018-04-26T19:09:06  <BlueMatt> so if thats blocking someone, they can nominate it
692 2018-04-26T19:09:25  <wumpus> sure, you can nominate someone else's pr
693 2018-04-26T19:11:24  <wumpus> also I don't think we have enough other meeting topics every week that not discussing the high priority for review would help
694 2018-04-26T19:11:38  <wumpus> but I'm fine with dropping the topic if there's agreement to do that
695 2018-04-26T19:11:57  <sipa> i'd like to keep it - but if there's not much to say, not much needs to be said about it
696 2018-04-26T19:11:57  <BlueMatt> well we keep coming back to needing *something* to make progress move when you get blocked on something
697 2018-04-26T19:11:58  *** drexl has quit IRC
698 2018-04-26T19:12:05  *** drexl_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
699 2018-04-26T19:12:07  *** drexl_ is now known as drexl
700 2018-04-26T19:12:09  <BlueMatt> if not the high-priority list, what?
701 2018-04-26T19:12:12  <wumpus> yes, if there's nothing to be said we can just move on
702 2018-04-26T19:12:17  <BlueMatt> and the high-priority list seems to be pretty reliably not working
703 2018-04-26T19:12:29  <wumpus> well one thing got merged from it...
704 2018-04-26T19:12:32  <instagibbs> BlueMatt, for your PRs or for all?
705 2018-04-26T19:12:51  <BlueMatt> yes, but it only got review from like 2 people for several weeks where people were active and it sat on the list
706 2018-04-26T19:12:59  <BlueMatt> instagibbs: all
707 2018-04-26T19:13:00  <wumpus> so is that because it is on the list?
708 2018-04-26T19:13:22  <LukeJr> for all IMO; I'm at least partly to blame though - usually I just pick random PRs without checking the high prio list
709 2018-04-26T19:13:23  <BlueMatt> no, I'm saying about 2 people bothered to review it for many weeks
710 2018-04-26T19:13:28  <BlueMatt> which clearly indicates its not working
711 2018-04-26T19:13:43  <sipa> being on the list doesn't compel people to review
712 2018-04-26T19:13:50  <wumpus> it's clear that things are on the list that have a hard time getting review
713 2018-04-26T19:13:52  <BlueMatt> certainly I'm not great either, but we need something to get people to care about some blockers list
714 2018-04-26T19:13:54  <instagibbs> take it off, see if it gets less review #science
715 2018-04-26T19:13:58  <LukeJr> I think having the list is better than not - just a matter of remembering to use it
716 2018-04-26T19:15:10  <wumpus> anyhow, if this topic is only about how ineffective the list is every week, I'm going to drop it
717 2018-04-26T19:15:34  <BlueMatt> anyway, I'll shut up, instagibbs had a topic
718 2018-04-26T19:15:57  <wumpus> #topic the necessity of "totalFee" as an argument for bumpfee (instagibbs)
719 2018-04-26T19:17:29  * LukeJr pokes instagibbs
720 2018-04-26T19:17:59  * sipa concludes: no necessity of "totalFee" as an argument for bumpfee ?
721 2018-04-26T19:18:34  <instagibbs> ohhi
722 2018-04-26T19:18:35  <instagibbs> sorry
723 2018-04-26T19:18:43  <instagibbs> yes, is it needed
724 2018-04-26T19:18:46  <wumpus> what is this argument used for?
725 2018-04-26T19:18:49  <sdaftuar> it's optional, no?
726 2018-04-26T19:19:09  <instagibbs> sdaftuar, I was hoping to upgrade rbf/cpfp in not too distant future, but it complicates logic to support
727 2018-04-26T19:19:34  <instagibbs> I could just not support any better RBF that uses it, but was wondering if it makes sense regardless
728 2018-04-26T19:19:50  <instagibbs> wumpus, you pay X BTC more in fees, total, rather than bump by feerate
729 2018-04-26T19:20:01  <sdaftuar> not X more, X total, right?
730 2018-04-26T19:20:07  <instagibbs> yes
731 2018-04-26T19:20:52  <wumpus> instagibbs: I suppose that is useful when all of the fee computation happens on the client side?
732 2018-04-26T19:21:00  <sdaftuar> i dunno, i don't feel strongly about it, i think these user interface questions are hard to answer in the abstract
733 2018-04-26T19:21:08  <sdaftuar> so if you have a proposal for some other interface, we should talk about that
734 2018-04-26T19:21:12  <aj> instagibbs: error out if totalFee > old-fee + old-change?
735 2018-04-26T19:21:20  <wumpus> (as the topic is necessity it's good to have some use cases?)
736 2018-04-26T19:21:33  <LukeJr> aj: or do it as CPFP possibly
737 2018-04-26T19:21:35  <instagibbs> aj, hm?
738 2018-04-26T19:21:46  <instagibbs> ah, interesting
739 2018-04-26T19:21:49  <LukeJr> I'm not sure total fee really makes sense when changing the size though
740 2018-04-26T19:22:12  <sdaftuar> yeah i agree that seems like a confusing case at the least
741 2018-04-26T19:22:17  <sipa> agree
742 2018-04-26T19:22:35  <instagibbs> I redid everything to just use CreateTransaction, fwiw
743 2018-04-26T19:22:52  <instagibbs> so it will select more coins, which changes size
744 2018-04-26T19:22:58  <instagibbs> (if needed)
745 2018-04-26T19:23:30  <sdaftuar> one issue we ran into with bumpfee was nailing down all the rquirements up-front. might be worth laying out what constraints we are trying to satisfy as part of the discussion, so we can ensure we're still meeting them all
746 2018-04-26T19:23:49  <LukeJr> instagibbs: considering total fee is optional, we need to work without it regardless; so how does keeping it simplify anything?
747 2018-04-26T19:23:52  <instagibbs> BIP125 constraints are the PITA I think
748 2018-04-26T19:24:04  <instagibbs> LukeJr, I want to get rid of it
749 2018-04-26T19:24:08  <instagibbs> or think about doing so
750 2018-04-26T19:24:10  <LukeJr> oh
751 2018-04-26T19:24:44  <instagibbs> ok, just wanted to hear any good use cases if they thought of them
752 2018-04-26T19:24:55  <sdaftuar> i think if you're changing tx size that's a pretty good argument for dropping it
753 2018-04-26T19:24:57  <LukeJr> I suppose totalFee could be a kind of "if you calculated a higher fee, fail rather than bump; if lower, increase fee to match"
754 2018-04-26T19:25:25  <aj> yeah, what lukejr said
755 2018-04-26T19:25:29  <LukeJr> or even just the former might be the useful part
756 2018-04-26T19:25:30  <instagibbs> If want total fee, I suppose I could just forbid any new coin selection, and fail out otherwise
757 2018-04-26T19:25:49  <instagibbs> backwards compatible without additional cruft
758 2018-04-26T19:25:59  <instagibbs> ok, end
759 2018-04-26T19:26:31  <wumpus> oh I have a topic
760 2018-04-26T19:26:32  <wumpus> #topic Remove safemode
761 2018-04-26T19:26:44  <wumpus> #13090 #10563
762 2018-04-26T19:26:45  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13090 | Remove Safe mode (achow101) by laanwj · Pull Request #13090 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
763 2018-04-26T19:26:46  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10563 | Remove safe mode by achow101 · Pull Request #10563 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
764 2018-04-26T19:27:11  <wumpus> this has been open for a long time, safemode was disabled since 0.16, should we complately remove it for 0.17?
765 2018-04-26T19:27:15  <instagibbs> sdaftuar, https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12271 please contribute if this issue helps (ok now done)
766 2018-04-26T19:27:52  <LukeJr> I think safemode is a useful concept, but without anyone working to make it useful in practice (ie, detecting actual problem conditions), might as well drop it
767 2018-04-26T19:28:13  <wumpus> it's disabled by default in 0.16 and I've heard no one complaining about it
768 2018-04-26T19:28:22  <achow101> most people don't know it exists
769 2018-04-26T19:28:26  <wumpus> to be honest I don't think anyone cares
770 2018-04-26T19:28:32  <instagibbs> frankly ive never heard of anyone using it, and I still don't know what it does, if anything
771 2018-04-26T19:28:36  <wumpus> and we should drop it to simplify the code
772 2018-04-26T19:28:41  <jonasschnelli> agree...
773 2018-04-26T19:28:44  <jtimon> sorry, late, yeah 10757 got review, thanks
774 2018-04-26T19:28:48  <achow101> instagibbs: it disables a few RPCs related to the wallet
775 2018-04-26T19:28:57  <jonasschnelli> If one cares about, it could be re-written as external RPC layer/proxy
776 2018-04-26T19:29:15  <sdaftuar> wumpus: yep seems reasonable to me as well
777 2018-04-26T19:29:19  <wumpus> I mean the alerts that trigger it aren't reliable in the first place
778 2018-04-26T19:29:29  <wumpus> and then it haphazardly disables some wallet RPCs
779 2018-04-26T19:29:49  <LukeJr> can always add it back if someone does the work
780 2018-04-26T19:29:49  <LukeJr> tbf, if it were useful, and disabled by default, the reaction of someone to not having it would probably be to just enable it, not complain
781 2018-04-26T19:29:49  <LukeJr> (but I don't see how it's useful as-is)
782 2018-04-26T19:30:08  <wumpus> if someone would make the alerts useful and reliable, that'd be a first step :)
783 2018-04-26T19:30:13  <achow101> has safemode ever been triggered before due to a chain fork?
784 2018-04-26T19:30:16  <wumpus> there's -alertnotify!
785 2018-04-26T19:30:51  <wumpus> achow101: not that I know of...
786 2018-04-26T19:31:02  <LukeJr> it might make sense to have a "setsafemode" RPC instead of automatic stuff?
787 2018-04-26T19:31:10  <wumpus> meh
788 2018-04-26T19:31:35  * LukeJr shrugs
789 2018-04-26T19:31:53  <wumpus> I don't think the current selection of RPCs to disable is useful, maybe something to disable all wallet calls then? I don't know - I don't think there is demand for this inpractice
790 2018-04-26T19:31:56  <jtimon> BlueMatt: you make something that seems useless and dumb and isn't supposed to change behaviour and don't ping me for review? I'm disappointed :p
791 2018-04-26T19:32:17  <achow101> What exactly is the purpose of safemode though? If we keep it/change it, what is it's goal?
792 2018-04-26T19:32:20  <wumpus> so anyhow, that was what I wanted t osay
793 2018-04-26T19:32:30  <wumpus> I think everyone is 'meh' about it just like me
794 2018-04-26T19:32:39  <wumpus> other topics?
795 2018-04-26T19:32:44  <sipa> i think it can just be removed
796 2018-04-26T19:33:18  <wumpus> yes, I'd prefer that
797 2018-04-26T19:33:38  <LukeJr> wumpus: walletunload :D
798 2018-04-26T19:33:39  <LukeJr> achow101: ideally, it would detect odd network conditions and disable confirming transactions
799 2018-04-26T19:33:39  <LukeJr> achow101: eg, if there was an invalid chain longer than the best valid one
800 2018-04-26T19:33:39  <LukeJr> (or actually, even more ideal would be to compare the chains, and only confirm transactions common to both..)
801 2018-04-26T19:33:58  <wumpus> #topic walletunload (Lukejr)
802 2018-04-26T19:33:58  <sipa> disabling RPCs is not how the bitcoin ecosystem will deal with an emergency anyway - a lot of infrastructure wouldn't even notice
803 2018-04-26T19:34:34  <promag> I already have unload working without UI reacting
804 2018-04-26T19:34:37  <LukeJr> wumpus: I wasn't suggesting it as a topic
805 2018-04-26T19:34:46  <wumpus> LukeJr: oh...
806 2018-04-26T19:34:58  <sipa> #unload walletunload
807 2018-04-26T19:35:00  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
808 2018-04-26T19:35:04  <fanquake> maybe topic: cfields any updates on app signing/certs etc? meant to follow up with you from ny
809 2018-04-26T19:35:05  <wumpus> #untopic
810 2018-04-26T19:35:05  <LukeJr> wumpus: just saying it would have the same result as disabling wallet RPCs
811 2018-04-26T19:35:32  <cfields> fanquake: need to poke gmaxwell. He might've forgotten about it
812 2018-04-26T19:35:47  <LukeJr> promag: what happens if you try to use the GUI after unloading its wallet?
813 2018-04-26T19:35:50  <wumpus> LukeJr: ok yes, I understand now :)
814 2018-04-26T19:36:01  <achow101> has anyone seen gmaxwell recently? is he still alive?
815 2018-04-26T19:36:13  <wumpus> he's still alive
816 2018-04-26T19:36:13  <promag> LukeJr: don't know, only tested with bitcoind
817 2018-04-26T19:36:13  <sipa> yes
818 2018-04-26T19:37:03  <promag> LukeJr: after #13097 I'll submit unload in the UI
819 2018-04-26T19:37:05  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13097 | Support wallets loaded dynamically by promag · Pull Request #13097 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
820 2018-04-26T19:38:05  <wumpus> I think we've run out of topics
821 2018-04-26T19:38:21  <wumpus> #endmeeting
822 2018-04-26T19:38:21  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Apr 26 19:38:21 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
823 2018-04-26T19:38:21  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-04-26-19.00.html
824 2018-04-26T19:38:21  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-04-26-19.00.txt
825 2018-04-26T19:38:21  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-04-26-19.00.log.html
826 2018-04-26T19:40:44  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
827 2018-04-26T19:41:04  <jtimon> LukeJr: yeah, total fee meaning "max total fee" makes sense to me without increasing it if you pay less
828 2018-04-26T19:41:21  *** LukeJr has quit IRC
829 2018-04-26T19:41:41  <sipa> damn peer
830 2018-04-26T19:43:41  <jamesob> (late to party) fwiw, I like the High Priority queue. I consult it, I just rarely get a chance to actually get around to it :)
831 2018-04-26T19:44:07  *** fanquake has quit IRC
832 2018-04-26T19:45:08  <wumpus> jamesob: it's always the really large or difficult ones that end up the list, that doesn't help either
833 2018-04-26T19:45:26  <jamesob> right
834 2018-04-26T19:45:27  <wumpus> though it makes sense because the others don't need so much encouragement for review
835 2018-04-26T19:47:10  *** vexbuy_ has quit IRC
836 2018-04-26T19:49:05  <promag> i like it too
837 2018-04-26T19:50:25  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
838 2018-04-26T19:52:29  *** shesek has quit IRC
839 2018-04-26T19:53:14  *** Dizzle has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
840 2018-04-26T19:54:19  <jtimon> yeah, what was supposed to be the initial goal of the safe mode if nobody thinks that either the activation conditions make sense, how did it came to this state? who championed it?
841 2018-04-26T19:58:02  <jtimon> agree with jamesob I like it to be there even though if I don't have much time to review I tend to ignore big PRs anyway
842 2018-04-26T20:00:21  <sipa> jtimon: safe mode has existed since forever
843 2018-04-26T20:00:44  <jtimon> I see
844 2018-04-26T20:01:05  <harding> jtimon: didn't Nakamoto add safe mode based on the P2P protocol authenticated alert messages back in 0.3.something?  I think it's just transitioned to triggering based on local conditions (I think that was something Andresen advocated after the 0.7/0.8 consensus failure).
845 2018-04-26T20:01:44  <sipa> jtimon: introduced in 0.3.8 under the name "lockdown"
846 2018-04-26T20:02:59  <sipa> ah yes, there have multiple triggers for ot
847 2018-04-26T20:03:03  <sipa> including alerts
848 2018-04-26T20:04:19  <jtimon> harding: I had no idea, that's why I asked, but thanks
849 2018-04-26T20:04:52  *** Cogito_Ergo_Sum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
850 2018-04-26T20:07:21  *** Randolf has quit IRC
851 2018-04-26T20:07:30  <jtimon> not sure if this is offtopic, but for elements we want a simpler approach (just stop and don't start again until a file with a huge scary name gets deleted). see  https://github.com/ElementsProject/elements/pull/323
852 2018-04-26T20:08:13  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
853 2018-04-26T20:09:01  <jtimon> I would be more than happy to upstream if there's any interest, but it's kind of orthogonal to removing the current safe mode I guess
854 2018-04-26T20:11:52  <sipa> yes, seems orthogonal
855 2018-04-26T20:12:32  <jtimon> so, sorry, were there opened prs to remove the current safe mode?
856 2018-04-26T20:13:07  <harding> #13090
857 2018-04-26T20:13:09  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13090 | Remove Safe mode (achow101) by laanwj · Pull Request #13090 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
858 2018-04-26T20:13:55  <jtimon> thanks, perhaps we can put it on https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8 ?
859 2018-04-26T20:14:14  <wumpus> right, it used to have a wider scope of triggers, in time it became less and less
860 2018-04-26T20:14:30  <wumpus> because no one really wants half of their RPCs to break unexpectedly
861 2018-04-26T20:14:58  <wumpus> certainly not because of a signed message from the P2P network
862 2018-04-26T20:15:01  <promag> do we want menus "File"->"Open Wallet" and "File"->"Close Wallet" ?
863 2018-04-26T20:15:02  <jtimon> yeah, from the people's comments just smelled like something that made sense at some point but didn't made sense anymore
864 2018-04-26T20:15:38  <wumpus> I guess it's not high priority because it's not blocking anything
865 2018-04-26T20:15:56  <wumpus> also I think it's the kind of thing that gets lots of attention without being on a list
866 2018-04-26T20:16:30  <jtimon> fair enough, just an idea
867 2018-04-26T20:16:51  <jtimon> since it seemed nothing was added to the list this week
868 2018-04-26T20:17:27  <jtimon> to be clear 10757 isn't blocking any work I'm doing on bitcoin core directly either
869 2018-04-26T20:18:23  <jtimon> I just thought the policy was "say it on a meeting if you don't have one there already and see if people consider it a priority or not"
870 2018-04-26T20:18:36  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
871 2018-04-26T20:18:39  <wumpus> yes, in principle it is
872 2018-04-26T20:21:58  <jtimon> wumpus: well, you don't have any pr on the list, do you?
873 2018-04-26T20:22:24  <jtimon> anyway, never mind
874 2018-04-26T20:22:27  <wumpus> true
875 2018-04-26T20:23:46  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
876 2018-04-26T20:23:47  <jtimon> it is very small anyway, will get plenty of review in no time, I think
877 2018-04-26T20:24:08  <aj> having a separate list for blockers and been-hanging-around-for-a-while-let's-knock-this-off might make sense?
878 2018-04-26T20:25:04  <wumpus> easy enough to add another column
879 2018-04-26T20:25:17  <aj> jtimon: are the getblockstats test failing for you now too btw?
880 2018-04-26T20:25:33  <wumpus> jtimon: exactly my point :) the kind of PRs that need nagging about are either obscure ones, or difficult ones that change a lot of code or threading semantics and such
881 2018-04-26T20:25:49  <jtimon> aj: no, are they failing for you? I can re-test
882 2018-04-26T20:26:06  <aj> jtimon: yeah. i think they fail once the block timestamps are >24h old
883 2018-04-26T20:26:17  <aj> jtimon: (i commented on the PR)
884 2018-04-26T20:26:48  <jtimon> uhm, it is running for too long, not 1 sec as expected, I'll have a look, thanks
885 2018-04-26T20:26:57  <aj> jtimon: yeah. should time out after 60s
886 2018-04-26T20:27:28  <jtimon> it's failing to sync the 2 nodes...
887 2018-04-26T20:27:43  <aj> jtimon: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10757#issuecomment-384440743
888 2018-04-26T20:27:54  <jtimon> yeah, sorry
889 2018-04-26T20:27:58  <aj> jtimon: np :)
890 2018-04-26T20:29:40  *** clarkmoody has quit IRC
891 2018-04-26T20:29:41  *** promag has quit IRC
892 2018-04-26T20:30:53  <jtimon> aj: mhmm, I guess it's about the timestamps of the blocks and we need to use the mocktime thing?
893 2018-04-26T20:31:33  <aj> jtimon: yeah, that would make sense. set the mocktime based on the json data?
894 2018-04-26T20:31:46  <jtimon> yeah, that's my thought
895 2018-04-26T20:32:09  <jtimon> never used the mocktime before, let me grep how that looks like
896 2018-04-26T20:37:41  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #13098: Skip tx-rehashing on historic blocks (master...Mf1804-readPureBlock) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13098
897 2018-04-26T20:41:17  *** mistergold has quit IRC
898 2018-04-26T20:44:03  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
899 2018-04-26T20:55:20  <promag> how should the user load a wallet from the ui? File->OpenWallet -> FileDialog ?
900 2018-04-26T20:55:52  <wumpus> I guess so?
901 2018-04-26T20:55:57  <promag> another option is a Wallet menu
902 2018-04-26T20:56:17  <promag> with all wallets in the wallet dir
903 2018-04-26T20:56:32  *** BashCo_ has quit IRC
904 2018-04-26T20:56:36  <promag> and then a "Open external" option
905 2018-04-26T20:56:44  <harding> promag: instead of a Wallet menu, you could have a Recent Wallets entry in the file menu listing the last 10 walets that have been opened.
906 2018-04-26T20:57:31  <promag> harding: I thought of that too, but IMO that's for "round 2"
907 2018-04-26T20:58:28  <promag> harding: that needs qsettings to remember wallets, cleanup of unexisting wallets...
908 2018-04-26T20:59:15  <promag> also, in the UI, should prompt the user if a wallet is being unloaded, for instance, via rpc?
909 2018-04-26T20:59:52  *** BashCo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
910 2018-04-26T21:00:20  <sipa> i don't think so
911 2018-04-26T21:00:41  <sipa> if something is done through RPC you can assume that's the user explicitly acting
912 2018-04-26T21:00:44  <promag> just asking, I don't think so too
913 2018-04-26T21:01:09  *** larafale has quit IRC
914 2018-04-26T21:01:15  <harding> promag: makes sense.  I guess the question for creating a Wallets menu is whether it's something that would be around permanently or would be just temporary until a Recent Wallets submenu was added.  If it's temp, then I'd suggest not adding it at all and making the user go through the file dialog each time they want to open a particular wallet.
915 2018-04-26T21:02:25  <promag> harding: yeah, and by default open the directory -walletdir
916 2018-04-26T21:02:55  <promag> and "Close wallet" should close the "current" wallet correct?
917 2018-04-26T21:03:02  <harding> If possible, I'd default to opening the last used directory.
918 2018-04-26T21:03:17  <harding> I think most apps do that.
919 2018-04-26T21:03:26  <promag> should we allow closing all wallets? the UI is not prepared for no wallets
920 2018-04-26T21:03:36  <harding> (But if there's no last used directory, then -walletdir is a good default.)
921 2018-04-26T21:03:38  *** larafale has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
922 2018-04-26T21:05:25  <promag> harding: remembering the last user choice is probably "round 2" too
923 2018-04-26T21:06:38  <promag> "round 1" should be basic and stable support in the UI
924 2018-04-26T21:09:50  *** LeMiner2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
925 2018-04-26T21:10:45  *** niftynei has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
926 2018-04-26T21:11:12  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
927 2018-04-26T21:11:46  *** LeMiner has quit IRC
928 2018-04-26T21:11:46  *** LeMiner2 is now known as LeMiner
929 2018-04-26T21:12:51  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
930 2018-04-26T21:16:16  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
931 2018-04-26T21:23:51  <promag> "the UI is not prepared for no wallets" <- i was wrong
932 2018-04-26T21:27:26  *** isis is now known as isis_
933 2018-04-26T21:27:58  <wumpus> yes, it can run without wallet fine, e.g. -disablewallet
934 2018-04-26T21:32:57  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
935 2018-04-26T21:33:06  *** ken2812221 has quit IRC
936 2018-04-26T21:34:16  *** ken2812221 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
937 2018-04-26T21:37:20  <promag> -nowallet
938 2018-04-26T21:37:46  *** tralfaz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
939 2018-04-26T21:39:37  *** bedotech has quit IRC
940 2018-04-26T21:49:34  *** Dizzle has quit IRC
941 2018-04-26T21:53:02  *** Cogito_Ergo_Sum has quit IRC
942 2018-04-26T21:59:45  <achow101> sipa: how would I serialize a CPubKey without the leading size?
943 2018-04-26T22:06:49  <sipa> achow101: you could use Span<const unsigned char>(pubkey.begin(), pubkey.size())
944 2018-04-26T22:07:07  <sipa> or you could add a CPubKey::data() method, and then just use MakeSpan(pubkey)
945 2018-04-26T22:19:07  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
946 2018-04-26T22:22:49  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jamesob opened pull request #13099: Use thread names in logs and deadlock diagnostics (master...2018-04-26-use-threadnames) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13099
947 2018-04-26T22:34:12  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
948 2018-04-26T22:34:33  *** larafale has quit IRC
949 2018-04-26T22:35:20  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
950 2018-04-26T22:57:42  *** niftynei has quit IRC
951 2018-04-26T23:01:37  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] promag opened pull request #13100: Add menu entry to open wallet (master...2018-04-ui-open-wallet) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13100
952 2018-04-26T23:04:57  *** Victor_sueca has quit IRC
953 2018-04-26T23:06:24  *** Victor_sueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
954 2018-04-26T23:10:22  *** promag has quit IRC
955 2018-04-26T23:24:17  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
956 2018-04-26T23:50:50  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
957 2018-04-26T23:52:09  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev