1 2018-05-03T00:30:06  *** belcher has quit IRC
  2 2018-05-03T00:44:36  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
  3 2018-05-03T00:45:12  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  4 2018-05-03T00:49:33  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
  5 2018-05-03T00:50:23  *** promag has quit IRC
  6 2018-05-03T01:00:50  *** harding has quit IRC
  7 2018-05-03T01:03:10  *** boblee has quit IRC
  8 2018-05-03T01:03:57  *** victorSN has quit IRC
  9 2018-05-03T01:04:19  *** victorSN has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 10 2018-05-03T01:16:23  *** harding has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 11 2018-05-03T01:20:57  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 12 2018-05-03T01:21:33  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 13 2018-05-03T01:26:03  *** promag has quit IRC
 14 2018-05-03T02:26:19  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 15 2018-05-03T02:31:15  *** promag has quit IRC
 16 2018-05-03T02:35:28  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 17 2018-05-03T02:40:01  *** promag has quit IRC
 18 2018-05-03T03:01:24  *** fanquake has quit IRC
 19 2018-05-03T03:03:00  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
 20 2018-05-03T03:04:10  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 21 2018-05-03T03:19:30  *** tralfaz has quit IRC
 22 2018-05-03T03:25:01  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2018-05-03T03:30:09  *** promag has quit IRC
 24 2018-05-03T03:53:14  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
 25 2018-05-03T04:13:36  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 26 2018-05-03T04:14:46  *** jtimon has quit IRC
 27 2018-05-03T04:27:08  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
 28 2018-05-03T05:40:00  *** arowser has quit IRC
 29 2018-05-03T05:40:17  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 30 2018-05-03T05:41:16  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 31 2018-05-03T05:45:27  *** promag has quit IRC
 32 2018-05-03T06:09:24  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: nice, since #13051 it's possible to run individual functional tests in an out-of-tree build without having to manually provide BITCOIND=...
 33 2018-05-03T06:09:26  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13051 | qa: Normalize executable location by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #13051 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 34 2018-05-03T06:15:17  <wumpus> though I'm confused how that manages to work, does it store the ini in the source directory?
 35 2018-05-03T06:16:20  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
 36 2018-05-03T06:21:31  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 37 2018-05-03T06:21:47  *** isis_ is now known as isis
 38 2018-05-03T06:26:09  *** promag has quit IRC
 39 2018-05-03T06:40:10  *** skt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 40 2018-05-03T06:40:35  *** skt has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 41 2018-05-03T06:42:45  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 42 2018-05-03T07:22:47  *** tryphe has quit IRC
 43 2018-05-03T07:23:36  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 44 2018-05-03T07:34:31  *** brianhoffman has quit IRC
 45 2018-05-03T07:35:27  *** brianhoffman has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 46 2018-05-03T07:43:10  *** belcher has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 47 2018-05-03T07:46:18  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 48 2018-05-03T07:56:11  *** arowser has quit IRC
 49 2018-05-03T07:56:29  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 50 2018-05-03T07:58:36  *** SopaXorzTaker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 51 2018-05-03T08:04:24  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
 52 2018-05-03T08:05:39  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 53 2018-05-03T08:19:24  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 54 2018-05-03T08:23:51  *** drizztbsd has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 55 2018-05-03T08:24:36  *** timothy has quit IRC
 56 2018-05-03T08:26:45  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
 57 2018-05-03T08:28:52  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 58 2018-05-03T08:30:25  *** arowser has quit IRC
 59 2018-05-03T08:30:42  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 60 2018-05-03T08:33:21  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
 61 2018-05-03T08:37:02  *** Emcy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 62 2018-05-03T08:39:37  *** arowser has quit IRC
 63 2018-05-03T08:39:55  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 64 2018-05-03T08:42:01  *** d9b4bef9 has quit IRC
 65 2018-05-03T08:43:07  *** d9b4bef9 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 66 2018-05-03T08:46:22  *** vicenteH has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 67 2018-05-03T08:48:01  *** Amuza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 68 2018-05-03T08:48:54  *** mistergold has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 69 2018-05-03T08:54:52  *** arowser has quit IRC
 70 2018-05-03T08:55:08  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 71 2018-05-03T09:09:05  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 72 2018-05-03T09:12:23  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 73 2018-05-03T09:16:27  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
 74 2018-05-03T09:20:05  <promag> wumpus: should I close #12507 or it's something that can be merged?
 75 2018-05-03T09:20:07  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12507 | Interrupt rescan on shutdown request by promag · Pull Request #12507 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 76 2018-05-03T09:27:30  <wumpus> promag: looks mergeable to me
 77 2018-05-03T09:28:13  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/ef006d92845a...2afdc294039f
 78 2018-05-03T09:28:13  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c4fda76 João Barbosa: wallet: Interrupt rescan on shutdown request
 79 2018-05-03T09:28:14  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2afdc29 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12507: Interrupt rescan on shutdown request...
 80 2018-05-03T09:28:17  <wumpus> promag: I don't really like how everything is gaining a dependency on init.h for ShutdownRequested, but that's an architectural issue that can be solved separately
 81 2018-05-03T09:28:55  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12507: Interrupt rescan on shutdown request (master...2018-02-shutdown-on-rescan) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12507
 82 2018-05-03T09:31:04  <promag> wumpus: yeah that's the way it is atm
 83 2018-05-03T09:31:57  <promag> wumpus: I also think #12729 is mergeable
 84 2018-05-03T09:32:00  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12729 | Get rid of ambiguous OutputType::NONE value by ryanofsky · Pull Request #12729 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 85 2018-05-03T09:32:23  <wumpus> thanks will take a look
 86 2018-05-03T09:53:55  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/2afdc294039f...979150bc2388
 87 2018-05-03T09:53:55  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1e46d8a Russell Yanofsky: Get rid of ambiguous OutputType::NONE value...
 88 2018-05-03T09:53:56  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 979150b Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12729: Get rid of ambiguous OutputType::NONE value...
 89 2018-05-03T09:54:39  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12729: Get rid of ambiguous OutputType::NONE value (master...pr/nonone) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12729
 90 2018-05-03T10:07:04  *** kinlo has quit IRC
 91 2018-05-03T10:07:41  *** kinlo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 92 2018-05-03T10:08:50  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
 93 2018-05-03T10:10:08  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 94 2018-05-03T10:13:52  *** zautomata3 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 95 2018-05-03T10:19:28  *** Arokh has quit IRC
 96 2018-05-03T10:20:34  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 97 2018-05-03T10:20:46  *** Arokh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 98 2018-05-03T10:21:11  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
 99 2018-05-03T10:22:51  *** Amuza has quit IRC
100 2018-05-03T10:23:49  *** antipovka_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
101 2018-05-03T10:24:54  *** gfggg has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
102 2018-05-03T10:24:58  <antipovka_> Someone asked me about this Satoshi Mine Bot and here it is! this bot simply automate your actions!  It has a lot of settings and actually can help you being fast. But first you have to have your winning strategy! I am not going to explain about it, you are smart people, you are going to handle it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak-JKQvbDdc&t=7s
103 2018-05-03T10:30:23  *** ChanServ sets mode: +o wumpus
104 2018-05-03T10:30:51  *** wumpus sets mode: +b *!*@gateway/web/freenode/ip.193.169.125.174
105 2018-05-03T10:30:55  *** antipovka_ was kicked by wumpus (Kindergarten is elsewhere!)
106 2018-05-03T10:31:09  *** Arokh has quit IRC
107 2018-05-03T10:31:42  *** Arokh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
108 2018-05-03T10:34:28  <promag> wumpus: updated #12639
109 2018-05-03T10:34:29  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12639 | Reduce cs_main lock in listunspent by promag · Pull Request #12639 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
110 2018-05-03T10:40:37  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/979150bc2388...11adab39e601
111 2018-05-03T10:40:37  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 21f5680 Russell Yanofsky: Trivial: s/SetBestChain/ChainStateFlushed in comments after #13106
112 2018-05-03T10:40:38  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 11adab3 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #13154: Trivial: s/SetBestChain/ChainStateFlushed in comments after #13106...
113 2018-05-03T10:41:29  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #13154: Trivial: s/SetBestChain/ChainStateFlushed in comments after #13106 (master...pr/flushed) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13154
114 2018-05-03T10:43:54  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
115 2018-05-03T10:45:03  *** arowser has quit IRC
116 2018-05-03T10:45:19  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
117 2018-05-03T10:45:54  *** gfggg has quit IRC
118 2018-05-03T10:52:38  *** drizztbsd is now known as timothy
119 2018-05-03T10:52:52  *** mammonpan71 has quit IRC
120 2018-05-03T10:54:30  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/11adab39e601...b62b437acd44
121 2018-05-03T10:54:31  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 76f344d practicalswift: logging: Fix potential use-after-free in LogPrintStr(...)
122 2018-05-03T10:54:31  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0bd4cd3 practicalswift: logging: remove unused return value from LogPrintStr...
123 2018-05-03T10:54:32  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b62b437 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #13148: logging: Fix potential use-after-free in LogPrintStr(...)...
124 2018-05-03T10:55:25  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #13148: logging: Fix potential use-after-free in LogPrintStr(...) (master...logprintstr-uaf) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13148
125 2018-05-03T10:56:59  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
126 2018-05-03T10:58:45  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
127 2018-05-03T11:00:14  *** arowser has quit IRC
128 2018-05-03T11:00:33  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
129 2018-05-03T11:00:36  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
130 2018-05-03T11:02:27  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
131 2018-05-03T11:05:05  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
132 2018-05-03T11:09:07  *** ExtraCrispy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2018-05-03T11:18:21  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
134 2018-05-03T11:23:29  *** arowser has quit IRC
135 2018-05-03T11:23:45  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
136 2018-05-03T11:24:22  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
137 2018-05-03T11:26:10  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2018-05-03T11:38:34  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
139 2018-05-03T11:39:40  *** arowser has quit IRC
140 2018-05-03T11:40:00  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
141 2018-05-03T11:42:05  *** Aaronvan_ has quit IRC
142 2018-05-03T11:43:57  *** arowser has quit IRC
143 2018-05-03T11:44:15  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
144 2018-05-03T11:46:10  *** arowser has quit IRC
145 2018-05-03T11:46:33  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
146 2018-05-03T11:48:29  *** arowser has quit IRC
147 2018-05-03T11:48:50  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
148 2018-05-03T11:50:45  *** arowser has quit IRC
149 2018-05-03T11:51:03  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
150 2018-05-03T11:59:23  *** zautomata3 has quit IRC
151 2018-05-03T12:03:55  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj opened pull request #13157: test: Handle timestamps without microseconds in combine_logs (master...2018_05_logcombine_timestamps) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13157
152 2018-05-03T12:04:58  *** arowser has quit IRC
153 2018-05-03T12:05:16  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
154 2018-05-03T12:06:41  *** zautomata3 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
155 2018-05-03T12:08:11  *** arowser has quit IRC
156 2018-05-03T12:08:28  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
157 2018-05-03T12:10:25  *** promag has quit IRC
158 2018-05-03T12:13:24  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
159 2018-05-03T12:13:51  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
160 2018-05-03T12:16:22  *** arowser has quit IRC
161 2018-05-03T12:16:40  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
162 2018-05-03T12:22:59  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
163 2018-05-03T12:24:23  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
164 2018-05-03T12:24:51  *** zivl has quit IRC
165 2018-05-03T12:26:30  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
166 2018-05-03T12:27:55  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
167 2018-05-03T12:30:15  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
168 2018-05-03T12:34:35  *** arowser has quit IRC
169 2018-05-03T12:34:51  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
170 2018-05-03T12:39:45  *** arowser has quit IRC
171 2018-05-03T12:40:02  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
172 2018-05-03T12:40:35  *** larafale has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
173 2018-05-03T12:50:54  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
174 2018-05-03T12:57:58  *** arowser has quit IRC
175 2018-05-03T12:58:15  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
176 2018-05-03T13:00:21  *** aknb has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
177 2018-05-03T13:03:24  *** aknb has left #bitcoin-core-dev
178 2018-05-03T13:04:34  *** aknb has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
179 2018-05-03T13:10:07  *** tryphe has quit IRC
180 2018-05-03T13:15:59  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
181 2018-05-03T13:16:00  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
182 2018-05-03T13:18:10  *** arowser has quit IRC
183 2018-05-03T13:18:27  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
184 2018-05-03T13:21:35  *** tryphe has quit IRC
185 2018-05-03T13:25:42  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
186 2018-05-03T13:26:47  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
187 2018-05-03T13:34:13  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
188 2018-05-03T13:34:34  *** tryphe_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
189 2018-05-03T13:37:33  *** tryphe has quit IRC
190 2018-05-03T13:38:07  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
191 2018-05-03T13:38:35  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/b62b437acd44...7eb7076f7007
192 2018-05-03T13:38:36  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d76962e João Barbosa: rpc: Reduce cs_main lock in listunspent
193 2018-05-03T13:38:36  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a59dac3 João Barbosa: refactor: Avoid extra lookups of mapAddressBook in listunspent RPC
194 2018-05-03T13:38:37  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7eb7076 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12639: Reduce cs_main lock in listunspent...
195 2018-05-03T13:39:11  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12639: Reduce cs_main lock in listunspent (master...2018-03-reduce-cs_main_lock-listunspent) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12639
196 2018-05-03T13:44:46  <promag> wumpus: another one in the same line #12151
197 2018-05-03T13:44:48  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12151 | Remove cs_main lock from blockToJSON and blockheaderToJSON by promag · Pull Request #12151 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
198 2018-05-03T13:45:00  *** pergaminho has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
199 2018-05-03T13:45:09  <wumpus> I'm done with locking refactors for a bit :)
200 2018-05-03T13:45:26  <promag> ah! out of luck :D
201 2018-05-03T13:45:49  <promag> maybe next month :D
202 2018-05-03T13:46:34  *** tryphe_ has quit IRC
203 2018-05-03T13:46:36  <wumpus> time to review #12979
204 2018-05-03T13:46:38  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12979 | Split validationinterface into paralell validation/mempool interfaces by TheBlueMatt · Pull Request #12979 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
205 2018-05-03T13:46:46  *** vicenteH has quit IRC
206 2018-05-03T13:47:11  *** vicenteH has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
207 2018-05-03T13:47:26  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
208 2018-05-03T13:47:34  *** pergaminho has quit IRC
209 2018-05-03T13:50:40  *** tryphe_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
210 2018-05-03T13:51:26  <promag> allright :/ heh
211 2018-05-03T13:53:03  *** pergaminho has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
212 2018-05-03T13:53:46  *** tryphe has quit IRC
213 2018-05-03T13:55:36  *** tryphe_000 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
214 2018-05-03T13:56:37  <BlueMatt> promag: that still makes a ton more sense after 11913
215 2018-05-03T13:59:02  *** tryphe_ has quit IRC
216 2018-05-03T13:59:28  <promag> BlueMatt: you mean 12979 after 11913 or 12151 after 11913?
217 2018-05-03T14:00:42  <promag> if you mean #12151 then yeah for sure
218 2018-05-03T14:00:45  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12151 | Remove cs_main lock from blockToJSON and blockheaderToJSON by promag · Pull Request #12151 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
219 2018-05-03T14:01:24  <BlueMatt> 12151, yea
220 2018-05-03T14:01:26  <promag> BlueMatt: 11913 needs rebase
221 2018-05-03T14:01:50  <BlueMatt> yea, I've been lazy about rebasing a few of my prs that arent getting review cause some of the other are
222 2018-05-03T14:02:02  <BlueMatt> oh, no, that one i should rebase
223 2018-05-03T14:02:02  *** tryphe_000 has quit IRC
224 2018-05-03T14:02:03  <BlueMatt> ugh, k
225 2018-05-03T14:02:26  *** tryphe_000 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
226 2018-05-03T14:19:38  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] marcoagner opened pull request #13158: [qt]: Improve sendcoinsdialog readability (master...improve_sendcoinsdialog_readability) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13158
227 2018-05-03T14:19:54  *** pergaminho has quit IRC
228 2018-05-03T14:25:06  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
229 2018-05-03T14:26:22  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
230 2018-05-03T14:36:03  *** promag has quit IRC
231 2018-05-03T14:38:04  *** tryphe_000 has quit IRC
232 2018-05-03T14:38:27  *** tryphe_000 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
233 2018-05-03T14:40:04  *** tryphe_000 has quit IRC
234 2018-05-03T14:40:29  *** tryphe_000 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
235 2018-05-03T14:43:42  *** tryphe_000 has quit IRC
236 2018-05-03T14:43:58  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
237 2018-05-03T14:44:08  *** tryphe_000 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
238 2018-05-03T14:45:05  *** larafale has quit IRC
239 2018-05-03T14:49:24  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
240 2018-05-03T14:52:33  *** tryphe_000 has quit IRC
241 2018-05-03T14:57:53  *** tryphe_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
242 2018-05-03T14:59:51  *** tryphe has quit IRC
243 2018-05-03T15:01:21  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
244 2018-05-03T15:05:59  *** sdaftuar has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
245 2018-05-03T15:08:53  *** mistergold has quit IRC
246 2018-05-03T15:23:10  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
247 2018-05-03T15:23:23  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
248 2018-05-03T15:23:23  *** intcat has quit IRC
249 2018-05-03T15:23:23  *** arubi has quit IRC
250 2018-05-03T15:23:42  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
251 2018-05-03T15:23:51  *** arubi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
252 2018-05-03T15:25:14  *** sdaftuar has quit IRC
253 2018-05-03T15:25:14  *** sdaftuar has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
254 2018-05-03T15:25:21  *** intcat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
255 2018-05-03T15:36:37  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
256 2018-05-03T15:37:37  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
257 2018-05-03T15:47:13  *** Randolf has quit IRC
258 2018-05-03T15:52:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #13157: test: Handle timestamps without microseconds in combine_logs (master...2018_05_logcombine_timestamps) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13157
259 2018-05-03T15:54:32  *** bsm1175321 has quit IRC
260 2018-05-03T15:54:45  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
261 2018-05-03T16:09:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift opened pull request #13159: Don't close old debug log file handler prematurely when trying to re-open (on SIGHUP) (master...handle-reopen-failed) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13159
262 2018-05-03T16:21:08  *** bsm1175321 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
263 2018-05-03T16:22:52  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
264 2018-05-03T16:28:32  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
265 2018-05-03T16:30:28  *** jtimon has quit IRC
266 2018-05-03T16:30:57  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
267 2018-05-03T16:31:36  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
268 2018-05-03T16:37:02  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] promag opened pull request #13160: Unlock spent outputs (master...2018-05-unlock-spent-output) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13160
269 2018-05-03T16:41:30  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
270 2018-05-03T16:42:38  <promag> rpc and wallet labels ^
271 2018-05-03T16:42:48  *** promag has quit IRC
272 2018-05-03T16:52:21  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
273 2018-05-03T17:11:24  *** SopaXorzTaker has quit IRC
274 2018-05-03T17:21:54  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] real-or-random opened pull request #13161: wallet: Reset BerkeleyDB handle after connection fails (master...bdb-reset) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13161
275 2018-05-03T17:33:12  *** isis is now known as isis_
276 2018-05-03T17:34:28  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
277 2018-05-03T17:35:57  *** Randolf has quit IRC
278 2018-05-03T17:36:15  *** riemann has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
279 2018-05-03T17:40:22  *** riemann has quit IRC
280 2018-05-03T17:42:29  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
281 2018-05-03T17:42:56  <MarcoFalke> wumpus: (re out of tree tests) It works because test_runner.py is aware of the srcdir
282 2018-05-03T17:43:12  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jnewbery opened pull request #13162: [logging] Don't incorrectly log that REJECT messages are unknown. (master...fix_reject_logging) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13162
283 2018-05-03T17:43:28  <wumpus> but I eas not running test runner, that already worked before, but individual tests
284 2018-05-03T17:43:30  <MarcoFalke> test_runner is linked from the srcdir, so we can follow that link
285 2018-05-03T17:43:34  <MarcoFalke> hmm
286 2018-05-03T17:43:53  <MarcoFalke> individual tests are not available in the build dir?
287 2018-05-03T17:49:37  *** leval2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
288 2018-05-03T17:49:52  *** timothy has quit IRC
289 2018-05-03T17:50:51  *** SopaXorzTaker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
290 2018-05-03T17:51:17  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
291 2018-05-03T18:06:12  *** Randolf has quit IRC
292 2018-05-03T18:09:03  *** larafale has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
293 2018-05-03T18:11:45  *** tryphe_ has quit IRC
294 2018-05-03T18:17:27  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
295 2018-05-03T18:21:32  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: indeed, so used the full path to the source dir, and it works, no matter whether the current directory is in the build directory or the source one
296 2018-05-03T18:22:09  *** tryphe has quit IRC
297 2018-05-03T18:23:10  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: apparently I have a test/config.ini in the source dir, pointing to the BUILDDIR
298 2018-05-03T18:23:23  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: not sure this is the intention, will wipe it and reconfiguer
299 2018-05-03T18:23:26  <MarcoFalke> Yeah, otherwise it would fail
300 2018-05-03T18:23:39  <MarcoFalke> the config.ini is required now
301 2018-05-03T18:24:05  <wumpus> shouldn't it be in the build dir, though?
302 2018-05-03T18:24:46  <wumpus> to be clear I think this is convenient, but it probably breaks the case where one source directory is used with multiple build dirs
303 2018-05-03T18:25:03  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
304 2018-05-03T18:29:53  *** tryphe has quit IRC
305 2018-05-03T18:32:05  <wumpus> or when configuring from a read-only source dir
306 2018-05-03T18:32:19  *** drexl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
307 2018-05-03T18:32:51  <wumpus> ok, after reconfiguring the config.ini appears in the build dir, not the source dir, seems to have been an anomaly
308 2018-05-03T18:34:42  *** adiabat has quit IRC
309 2018-05-03T18:36:23  *** adiabat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
310 2018-05-03T18:38:02  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
311 2018-05-03T18:41:08  *** tryphe has quit IRC
312 2018-05-03T18:41:33  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
313 2018-05-03T18:43:05  <jamesob> cfields: would it make sense to at some point move logging into a separate thread? (about to look at your changes, but was just wondering)
314 2018-05-03T18:43:23  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: it looks like 'make clean' does not delete config.ini
315 2018-05-03T18:43:36  <MarcoFalke> oh
316 2018-05-03T18:43:39  <cfields> jamesob: yea, I think just about everyone has proposed that at some point, but nobody's done it :)
317 2018-05-03T18:43:40  <MarcoFalke> and make distclean?
318 2018-05-03T18:43:54  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: what happened is probably: I configured the source dir, cleaned that, then configured in a separate build directory
319 2018-05-03T18:44:08  <cfields> jamesob: might be a good topic for the meeting today, I'm sure there are lots of thoughts on that
320 2018-05-03T18:44:08  <jamesob> cfields: welp, I'll add it to the list :)
321 2018-05-03T18:44:13  <MarcoFalke> Yeah, that is what I assumed
322 2018-05-03T18:44:25  <jamesob> cfields: cool, will bring it up
323 2018-05-03T18:44:26  <wumpus> distclean does remove it
324 2018-05-03T18:44:50  <MarcoFalke> Usually you are asked to disclean before doing an out of tree build, at least I am
325 2018-05-03T18:45:06  *** tryphe has quit IRC
326 2018-05-03T18:45:32  <wumpus> yes
327 2018-05-03T18:45:40  <wumpus> I think that makes sense...
328 2018-05-03T18:45:41  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
329 2018-05-03T18:55:01  <sipa> i'm going to be 10-15 min late for keeting
330 2018-05-03T18:55:03  <sipa> meeting
331 2018-05-03T18:57:43  <wumpus> ok
332 2018-05-03T18:59:03  <MarcoFalke> Proposed short topic: Delete 0.8, 0.9 and 0.10 git branches
333 2018-05-03T18:59:50  <wumpus> ack
334 2018-05-03T18:59:58  <wumpus> oh
335 2018-05-03T19:00:10  <wumpus> #startmeeting
336 2018-05-03T19:00:10  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu May  3 19:00:10 2018 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
337 2018-05-03T19:00:10  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
338 2018-05-03T19:00:13  <promag> hi
339 2018-05-03T19:00:26  <jamesob> hi
340 2018-05-03T19:00:29  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr btcdrak sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator
341 2018-05-03T19:00:32  <jnewbery> hello
342 2018-05-03T19:00:37  <kanzure> hi.
343 2018-05-03T19:00:42  <achow101> hi
344 2018-05-03T19:00:43  <cfields> hi
345 2018-05-03T19:00:56  <jonasschnelli> hi
346 2018-05-03T19:01:05  <jimpo> hi
347 2018-05-03T19:01:07  <jcorgan> lurking as usual
348 2018-05-03T19:01:23  <wumpus> any other proposed topics?
349 2018-05-03T19:01:51  <jamesob> logging at some point?
350 2018-05-03T19:02:04  <wumpus> what about logging?
351 2018-05-03T19:02:16  <jamesob> I'd like to talk about moving it into a separate thread
352 2018-05-03T19:02:25  <wumpus> ok
353 2018-05-03T19:02:37  <BlueMatt>  #12934
354 2018-05-03T19:02:38  <jnewbery> +1 to moving logging to a separate thread
355 2018-05-03T19:02:39  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12934 | [WIP] [net] [validation] Call ProcessNewBlock() asynchronously by skeees · Pull Request #12934 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
356 2018-05-03T19:02:41  <wumpus> let's start with the usual topic
357 2018-05-03T19:03:06  <wumpus> even though it will piss off BlueMatt :)
358 2018-05-03T19:03:07  <wumpus> #topic High prioriity for review
359 2018-05-03T19:03:14  <wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8
360 2018-05-03T19:03:52  <wumpus> only #12979 #12560 #10757 left now
361 2018-05-03T19:03:55  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12979 | Split validationinterface into paralell validation/mempool interfaces by TheBlueMatt · Pull Request #12979 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
362 2018-05-03T19:03:59  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12560 | [wallet] Upgrade path for non-HD wallets to HD by achow101 · Pull Request #12560 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
363 2018-05-03T19:04:05  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10757 | RPC: Introduce getblockstats to plot things by jtimon · Pull Request #10757 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
364 2018-05-03T19:04:16  <wumpus> anything to discuss about those?
365 2018-05-03T19:04:25  <wumpus> anything new to add? or remove?
366 2018-05-03T19:04:49  <jimpo> I'd like #12254 to get some review :-)
367 2018-05-03T19:04:52  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12254 | BIP 158: Compact Block Filters for Light Clients by jimpo · Pull Request #12254 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
368 2018-05-03T19:04:56  *** LukeJr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
369 2018-05-03T19:05:22  <jnewbery> There's a whole series of sequential PRs on wallet load/create/unload. It'd be good to start moving through those, but I don't know how high priority they are for others
370 2018-05-03T19:05:42  <wumpus> jnewbery: if it's blocking anyone, the first one on the list should be on there at least
371 2018-05-03T19:05:48  <jtimon> perhaps put the load one in high priority?
372 2018-05-03T19:05:52  <jnewbery> #10740
373 2018-05-03T19:05:56  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10740 | [wallet] `loadwallet` RPC - load wallet at runtime by jnewbery · Pull Request #10740 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
374 2018-05-03T19:06:14  <jnewbery> It's only blocking because there are other ones queued behind it
375 2018-05-03T19:06:25  <BlueMatt> jnewbery: that is the most common form of blocking
376 2018-05-03T19:06:26  <wumpus> so it's blocking the continuation ones
377 2018-05-03T19:06:33  <jimpo> That's basically the definition of blocking...
378 2018-05-03T19:06:35  <wumpus> right, it's pretty much the definition of blocking
379 2018-05-03T19:06:37  <wumpus> lol
380 2018-05-03T19:06:39  <jonasschnelli> I agree that we should add 10740 to the list
381 2018-05-03T19:06:46  <wumpus> #10740 given me an unicorn though
382 2018-05-03T19:06:51  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10740 | [wallet] `loadwallet` RPC - load wallet at runtime by jnewbery · Pull Request #10740 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
383 2018-05-03T19:07:01  <jonasschnelli> has also a unicorn, reload solved
384 2018-05-03T19:07:15  <wumpus> yes
385 2018-05-03T19:07:16  <LukeJr> unicorns probably have a high street value
386 2018-05-03T19:07:37  <wumpus> added
387 2018-05-03T19:07:39  <jnewbery> not any more. The market's been flooded
388 2018-05-03T19:07:49  <BlueMatt> topic: 0.15.1
389 2018-05-03T19:07:50  <LukeJr> shows what I know of unicorn markets
390 2018-05-03T19:07:52  <BlueMatt> err 16
391 2018-05-03T19:08:12  <wumpus> LukeJr: yes, I"m trying to farm them and sell them, but I have more now than atoms in the knows universe so you could say the supply is more than the demand...
392 2018-05-03T19:08:20  <promag> wumpus: could also add #13097 too?
393 2018-05-03T19:08:22  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13097 | ui: Support wallets loaded dynamically by promag · Pull Request #13097 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
394 2018-05-03T19:08:57  <wumpus> promag: ok
395 2018-05-03T19:09:11  <promag> ty
396 2018-05-03T19:09:34  <wumpus> #topic Delete 0.8, 0.9 and 0.10 git branches
397 2018-05-03T19:09:43  <MarcoFalke> Background: Those last tagged versions on those branches are EOL for more than a year now. The tags can be kept for archival reasons, but the branches are no longer required. See https://bitcoincore.org/en/lifecycle/#schedule
398 2018-05-03T19:09:47  *** clarkmoody has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
399 2018-05-03T19:09:49  <wumpus> yes
400 2018-05-03T19:09:53  <BlueMatt> ack
401 2018-05-03T19:09:57  <wumpus> bye
402 2018-05-03T19:10:00  <achow101> ack
403 2018-05-03T19:10:02  <jonasschnelli> ack
404 2018-05-03T19:10:17  <jtimon> I didn't know we still had those
405 2018-05-03T19:10:18  <LukeJr> is the latest commit of each tagged?
406 2018-05-03T19:10:34  <LukeJr> If not, maybe a 0.n_final tag is appropriate
407 2018-05-03T19:10:35  <jonasschnelli> LukeJr: i hope so
408 2018-05-03T19:10:48  <wumpus> LukeJr: agree, will check that first
409 2018-05-03T19:10:58  <cfields> er, are they not tagged from their respective branches?
410 2018-05-03T19:11:06  <LukeJr> jonasschnelli: it wouldn't be the first time we have backported fixes and never released with them
411 2018-05-03T19:11:06  <MarcoFalke> LukeJr: For the 0.8 one not
412 2018-05-03T19:11:23  <MarcoFalke> The others are last tag == tip of branch, last time I checked
413 2018-05-03T19:11:42  <wumpus> will create a v0.8_final for that
414 2018-05-03T19:11:49  <wumpus> +tag
415 2018-05-03T19:12:02  <LukeJr> maybe it can be a non-object tag, to avoid confusing users with a recent date
416 2018-05-03T19:12:33  <wumpus> yes fine with me, just to avoid losing history
417 2018-05-03T19:12:48  <MarcoFalke> Oh, and the 0.9 one is missing one commit (upnp)
418 2018-05-03T19:13:06  <sipa> back
419 2018-05-03T19:13:10  *** moneyball has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
420 2018-05-03T19:13:27  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: so same for 0.9 then
421 2018-05-03T19:14:03  <wumpus> #topic Moving logging to a separate thread (jamesob)
422 2018-05-03T19:14:44  <jamesob> after working on #13099, I think it may be worthwhile to move logging into a separate thread
423 2018-05-03T19:14:46  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13099 | Use thread names in logs and deadlock diagnostics by jamesob · Pull Request #13099 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
424 2018-05-03T19:15:03  <jamesob> esp. given instances like #12970
425 2018-05-03T19:15:04  <BlueMatt> ACKACKACKACKACKACKACKACKACKACK (this is a surprisingly high lag-creator for miners, at least for those with spinning-disk-backed-or-cloud-hosted machines
426 2018-05-03T19:15:06  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12970 | logging: bypass timestamp formatting when not logging by theuni · Pull Request #12970 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
427 2018-05-03T19:15:17  <wumpus> queue log messages to a ring buffer ?
428 2018-05-03T19:15:26  <jamesob> wumpus: sure, something along those lines
429 2018-05-03T19:15:32  <wumpus> gmaxwell has been proposing that for ages...
430 2018-05-03T19:15:35  <BlueMatt> see-also commit which does this at https://github.com/bitcoinfibre/bitcoinfibre/commit/6b6a3aef0663775b63bac7d0aa07ec5fc4eb9fc9
431 2018-05-03T19:15:45  <jnewbery> I started working on a branch for this last year, but didn't get very far
432 2018-05-03T19:15:51  <jnewbery> definite concept ACK
433 2018-05-03T19:15:56  <wumpus> yes, concept ACK
434 2018-05-03T19:16:16  <BlueMatt> I did not propose it upstream as it means if we LogPrintf(); assert(false) we'll likely miss it
435 2018-05-03T19:16:18  *** clarkmoody has quit IRC
436 2018-05-03T19:16:18  <jnewbery> means the message processing thread can't be blocked on i/o hangs
437 2018-05-03T19:16:21  <BlueMatt> and I figured folks wouldnt want that
438 2018-05-03T19:16:30  <skeees> ACK - should point out that it could make crash debugging substantially more complicated
439 2018-05-03T19:16:39  <BlueMatt> jnewbery: it still will be a ton cause it ReadBlockFromDisk()s
440 2018-05-03T19:16:40  <wumpus> BlueMatt: we could have special priority log calls that always make it to disk?
441 2018-05-03T19:16:41  *** clarkmoody has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
442 2018-05-03T19:16:46  <jamesob> skeees: right, I think that's the only caveat I can think of
443 2018-05-03T19:16:50  <LukeJr> BlueMatt: surely there's a way to run log flushing at assert
444 2018-05-03T19:16:53  <wumpus> BlueMatt: CriticalLogPrintf?
445 2018-05-03T19:16:53  <promag> +1 BlueMatt point
446 2018-05-03T19:16:56  <cfields> are there any possible interactions where someone might be tailing the log and assume that it's synchronous?
447 2018-05-03T19:17:04  <jonasschnelli> use gdb
448 2018-05-03T19:17:15  <BlueMatt> wumpus: I mean the number of times its been helpful just to see which lines actually made it to debug.log when someone submitted a crash is super helpful
449 2018-05-03T19:17:21  <LukeJr> cfields: it couldn't be?
450 2018-05-03T19:17:25  <BlueMatt> and gdb isnt really an option when debugging remotely over github issues :/
451 2018-05-03T19:17:32  <jimpo> Does anyone know the relative performance of logging to console vs debug log file?
452 2018-05-03T19:17:50  <BlueMatt> jimpo: on non-serial-consoles, console logging should be fast, serial consoles can block
453 2018-05-03T19:17:54  <LukeJr> in theory, we could fork() a logging-only process, but that feels ugly
454 2018-05-03T19:17:56  <BlueMatt> (or vtt on a slow-refresh-monitor)
455 2018-05-03T19:17:59  <sipa> We should fork a separate process for logging, and then open a FIFO with it and pipe the log data there. If bitcoind crashes, that process hopefully survives :)
456 2018-05-03T19:18:02  <sipa> !hi5 LukeJr
457 2018-05-03T19:18:03  <gribble> Error: "hi5" is not a valid command.
458 2018-05-03T19:18:17  <wumpus> it's mostly a win for low priority debugging messages, I guess
459 2018-05-03T19:18:21  <BlueMatt> or we could just make it optional
460 2018-05-03T19:18:26  <wumpus> if logging is low volume it's never a bottleneck
461 2018-05-03T19:18:35  <BlueMatt> miners can enable it, everyone else probably doesnt need to
462 2018-05-03T19:18:47  <wumpus> only miners that have debug=net enabled?
463 2018-05-03T19:18:51  <skeees> just throwing out some alternatives with a properly tuned buffer cache - logging shouldn't hit disk that often? if its still flushing frequently - could consider a more compact binary format for logs - though that means you'd need a special tool to read them
464 2018-05-03T19:19:18  <jimpo> I feel like disabling logging to file and piping stdout through tee or something should work fine
465 2018-05-03T19:19:38  <wumpus> skeees: well the logging is unbuffered at this moment so can't do much worse than that...
466 2018-05-03T19:19:38  <BlueMatt> wumpus: I mean -debug should always mean non-async loggin, I think
467 2018-05-03T19:19:50  <cfields> skeees: it's not just hitting disk, it's serialization as well. Though I guess we couldn't defer serialization if references are passed in.
468 2018-05-03T19:19:51  <wumpus> even line-buffered would be better for performance
469 2018-05-03T19:20:12  <jamesob> wumpus: I thought fwrite was buffered?
470 2018-05-03T19:20:12  <wumpus> BlueMatt: right
471 2018-05-03T19:20:15  <skeees> another option is to have debug logging compiled out
472 2018-05-03T19:20:25  <skeees> instead of just disabled via flag as it is currently
473 2018-05-03T19:20:30  <wumpus> jamesob: yes, but the buffer is disabled after opening
474 2018-05-03T19:20:40  <BlueMatt> I mean I dont think people who want performance dont want a debug.log
475 2018-05-03T19:20:48  <BlueMatt> they just dont want it to result in 8-ms pauses
476 2018-05-03T19:20:50  *** SopaXorzTaker has quit IRC
477 2018-05-03T19:21:00  <wumpus> skeees: that's not the issue; debug logging is already not executed if it's disabled
478 2018-05-03T19:21:03  * LukeJr wonders if we skip serialization when the debug log level is such that it will not be logged
479 2018-05-03T19:21:08  <wumpus> skeees: even formatting is bypassed in that case
480 2018-05-03T19:21:19  <wumpus> LukeJr: yes
481 2018-05-03T19:21:24  <skeees> LukeJr: yeah that's exactly the question i was trying to ask
482 2018-05-03T19:21:26  <skeees> ah ok
483 2018-05-03T19:21:58  <skeees> i dunno actually
484 2018-05-03T19:22:02  <wumpus> tbh I don't think there's an actual issue here
485 2018-05-03T19:22:09  <skeees> because theres a lot of uint256.ToString() stuff
486 2018-05-03T19:22:15  <cfields> operations on incoming vars aren't skipped though, I believe. Like LogPrint("foo: %s", foo.get())
487 2018-05-03T19:22:18  <BlueMatt> the only issue here is for folks who care a shitload about small disk pauses
488 2018-05-03T19:22:22  <wumpus> although the ring buffer would be nice because of gmaxwell's argument (log at higher debug message, but don't log the messages to disk unless a crash)
489 2018-05-03T19:22:22  <BlueMatt> hence why I use it in fibre
490 2018-05-03T19:22:58  <BlueMatt> when we get ReadBlockFromDisk to be async for peer handling, then it may make more sense to revisit this
491 2018-05-03T19:23:11  <wumpus> so a crash would log the last low-priority debug messages even if debugging is disabled.. then agian, it's not possible to bypass formatting anymore in that case
492 2018-05-03T19:23:25  <BlueMatt> we'd have to swap assert() for dump_log_and_crash()
493 2018-05-03T19:23:36  <wumpus> not sure that even requires logging to be in a sepaerate thread
494 2018-05-03T19:23:41  <LukeJr> wumpus: not sure if formatting is a big deal tbh
495 2018-05-03T19:23:50  <LukeJr> BlueMatt: or handle SIGABRT?
496 2018-05-03T19:23:51  <BlueMatt> no, but then I dont get to upstream my lockless ring buffer logger :p
497 2018-05-03T19:23:54  <wumpus> LukeJr: well some messages are extremely high volume
498 2018-05-03T19:24:01  <BlueMatt> luke-jr: I dont think we want to do that much work in a signal handler
499 2018-05-03T19:24:03  <wumpus> LukeJr: try enabling *all* debugging for fun
500 2018-05-03T19:24:31  <BlueMatt> matt@bitcoin-seednode:~$ ls -lha ~/.bitcoin/debug.log
501 2018-05-03T19:24:31  <BlueMatt> -rw------- 1 matt matt 8.6T May  3 19:24 /home/matt/.bitcoin/debug.log
502 2018-05-03T19:24:41  <wumpus> heh
503 2018-05-03T19:24:51  <sipa> how long?
504 2018-05-03T19:24:54  <LukeJr> BlueMatt: if it's plain old C code, we can probably get away with it
505 2018-05-03T19:25:04  <wumpus> hence my proposal at some point to split up net logging into low and high volume messages
506 2018-05-03T19:25:14  * jamesob buys BlueMatt a pair of socks with the logrotate manpage on them
507 2018-05-03T19:25:23  <BlueMatt> sipa: 2014-11-19 00:06:55
508 2018-05-03T19:25:26  <wumpus> #12219
509 2018-05-03T19:25:28  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12219 | More granular net logging · Issue #12219 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
510 2018-05-03T19:25:40  <cfields> wumpus: +1. Will have a look.
511 2018-05-03T19:26:02  <BlueMatt> I do like the flush-debug-ring-to-disk-on-crash idea
512 2018-05-03T19:26:09  <wumpus> yes
513 2018-05-03T19:26:09  <jamesob> +1
514 2018-05-03T19:26:24  <BlueMatt> (would mean serializing all debug messages, though)
515 2018-05-03T19:26:28  *** echeveria has quit IRC
516 2018-05-03T19:26:38  <LukeJr> maybe even on non-crash critical errors
517 2018-05-03T19:26:57  <BlueMatt> non-crash critical errors should crash :p
518 2018-05-03T19:27:09  <wumpus> it's in the word 'critical'
519 2018-05-03T19:27:55  <jamesob> okay so unless anyone has any objections, I'll start working on a thread-consumes-from-ring-buffer implementation in the near future
520 2018-05-03T19:28:04  <wumpus> I think I killed the topic
521 2018-05-03T19:28:05  <wumpus> oh
522 2018-05-03T19:28:10  <jnewbery> jamesob: ACK
523 2018-05-03T19:28:21  <BlueMatt> jamesob: I think only as optional except for disabled-debug-messages
524 2018-05-03T19:28:37  <jamesob> i.e. async logging should be opt-in?
525 2018-05-03T19:28:38  <BlueMatt> jamesob: but if upstream wants to maintain by fibre patches, fine by me :p
526 2018-05-03T19:28:41  <BlueMatt> yes
527 2018-05-03T19:28:48  <BlueMatt> also, you may want to start with https://github.com/bitcoinfibre/bitcoinfibre/commit/6b6a3aef0663775b63bac7d0aa07ec5fc4eb9fc9
528 2018-05-03T19:29:07  <jamesob> I'll give it a look, thanks
529 2018-05-03T19:29:42  <wumpus> #topic 0.16.1 (BlueMatt)
530 2018-05-03T19:30:06  <BlueMatt> so for those who weren't paying attention, skeees found some particularly novel races in block handling in #13092
531 2018-05-03T19:30:07  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13092 | ActivateBestChain concurrency issues · Issue #13092 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
532 2018-05-03T19:30:21  <BlueMatt> cause they're threading issues they almost certainly wont effect anyone except submitblock users
533 2018-05-03T19:30:29  <BlueMatt> ie miners, and only rare races
534 2018-05-03T19:30:42  <BlueMatt> but, still, I think given that and some of the other various fixes we've had, it may be worth backporting
535 2018-05-03T19:31:11  <wumpus> 13092 is an issue, not a PR, can't label it for backport
536 2018-05-03T19:31:14  <BlueMatt> further, at least personally, I'd kinda like to see #11423 make some movement, and making that kind of policy change in a non-minor-version strikes me as weird
537 2018-05-03T19:31:17  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11423 | [Policy] Make OP_CODESEPARATOR and FindAndDelete in non-segwit scripts non-std by jl2012 · Pull Request #11423 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
538 2018-05-03T19:31:25  <BlueMatt> yes, it needs a pr, sdaftuar has a branch, I believe, but not open
539 2018-05-03T19:31:35  <sdaftuar> skeees has a pr, one sec
540 2018-05-03T19:31:46  <skeees> #13023
541 2018-05-03T19:31:46  <sdaftuar> #13023
542 2018-05-03T19:31:48  <BlueMatt> was the skeees pr updated for the new method?
543 2018-05-03T19:31:48  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13023 | Always refresh most work chain when reacquiring cs_main in ActivateBestChain() by skeees · Pull Request #13023 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
544 2018-05-03T19:31:50  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13023 | Always refresh most work chain when reacquiring cs_main in ActivateBestChain() by skeees · Pull Request #13023 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
545 2018-05-03T19:31:55  <sdaftuar> no we need to settle on the right fix
546 2018-05-03T19:32:01  <skeees> still needs a bit of work - i need to pull in some fixes @sdaftuar made
547 2018-05-03T19:32:09  <sdaftuar> i think the fix i proposed works, but maybe someone has a better idea
548 2018-05-03T19:32:26  <wumpus> ok added tags
549 2018-05-03T19:32:27  <BlueMatt> ok, yes, I think that is doable, however, and I think between that and making progress on the standardness changes from jl2012 probably are worth a minor bump
550 2018-05-03T19:32:37  <skeees> there's also #12988 - which is a similar type of bug
551 2018-05-03T19:32:40  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12988 | Hold cs_main while calling UpdatedBlockTip() signal by skeees · Pull Request #12988 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
552 2018-05-03T19:33:07  <BlueMatt> yes, indeed, that too
553 2018-05-03T19:33:18  <sdaftuar> agreed
554 2018-05-03T19:33:30  <wumpus> ok
555 2018-05-03T19:33:55  <BlueMatt> (so, obviously, for those following along at home, next-milestone usually gets auto-high-priority-for-review status :p)
556 2018-05-03T19:34:19  <wumpus> re: #11423, I rebased that one for jl2012, not sure if there's further things to be done there
557 2018-05-03T19:34:22  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11423 | [Policy] Make OP_CODESEPARATOR and FindAndDelete in non-segwit scripts non-std by jl2012 · Pull Request #11423 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
558 2018-05-03T19:35:12  <wumpus> added 0.16.1 tag there too
559 2018-05-03T19:35:18  <BlueMatt> I believe jl2012 wanted to add one more policy rule there, which should be done, there was a branch floating around but I cant find it atm
560 2018-05-03T19:35:25  <BlueMatt> anyway, thats for discussion on that pr
561 2018-05-03T19:35:47  <BlueMatt> I'll ping jl2012 since he's probably asleep
562 2018-05-03T19:36:04  <BlueMatt> anyway, seems no disagreement, so next topic?
563 2018-05-03T19:36:06  <wumpus> yes, but it is the open PR with the most (ut)ACKs so I thought it'd be almost ready for merge
564 2018-05-03T19:36:34  <wumpus> that's why I rebased it with the idea to merge it after final review
565 2018-05-03T19:36:38  <wumpus> but ok
566 2018-05-03T19:36:54  <MarcoFalke> Yeah, would need some re-ACKs first, though
567 2018-05-03T19:37:19  <wumpus> right, but if the goalposts keep moving
568 2018-05-03T19:37:41  <wumpus> I think we've exhausted all proposed topics
569 2018-05-03T19:37:45  *** cryptojanitor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
570 2018-05-03T19:37:52  <MarcoFalke> If there are minor fix ups, they should probably happen soon
571 2018-05-03T19:38:21  <BlueMatt> oh, no, wait i had another topic
572 2018-05-03T19:38:34  <BlueMatt> topic: activate segwit
573 2018-05-03T19:38:38  <BlueMatt> topic 2: <BlueMatt>  #12934
574 2018-05-03T19:38:40  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12934 | [WIP] [net] [validation] Call ProcessNewBlock() asynchronously by skeees · Pull Request #12934 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
575 2018-05-03T19:39:23  <BlueMatt> its certainly not ready for review, but we should maybe have a discussion about what concurrency across peers is gonna look like
576 2018-05-03T19:39:24  <wumpus> #topic Call ProcessNewBlock() asynchronously  (skeees)
577 2018-05-03T19:39:40  <BlueMatt> there are two main approaches, but both end up requiring similar refactors for the majority of their work
578 2018-05-03T19:39:51  <BlueMatt> in the past I've looked at doing ProcessMessages() in parallel
579 2018-05-03T19:40:07  <BlueMatt> in this pr skeees moves the validation processing of txn/blocks into a queue and does that in a separate thread
580 2018-05-03T19:40:31  <sipa> how does that interact with eg sending a ping after a block, and expecting it to be processed after the pong returns?
581 2018-05-03T19:40:34  <BlueMatt> in both cases, we end up building logic to "pause" processing of a peer until whatever message it just generated has been processed
582 2018-05-03T19:40:36  <wumpus> that sounds sensible, though I'm really afraid of c++ threading
583 2018-05-03T19:40:43  <BlueMatt> sipa: ^
584 2018-05-03T19:40:51  <gmaxwell> Seems like it would add more locking overhead.
585 2018-05-03T19:40:55  <BlueMatt> (which would also likely be useful for eg ReadBlockFromDisk moving to be more async)
586 2018-05-03T19:41:31  <sipa> sound reasonable to me
587 2018-05-03T19:41:32  <BlueMatt> and a ton of logic to move CNodeState out of cs_main (likely by creating a CNodeState2 during transision)
588 2018-05-03T19:41:43  <BlueMatt> cfields: may have more thoughts
589 2018-05-03T19:41:43  <sipa> that sounds even better
590 2018-05-03T19:41:48  <skeees> the other side benefit of this approach is that ultimately it may simplify the concurrency model inside validation
591 2018-05-03T19:41:53  <sipa> though everything depends on the details...
592 2018-05-03T19:42:06  <BlueMatt> gmaxwell: indeed, thats a major difference between the skeees approach and the parallel ProcessMessages approach
593 2018-05-03T19:42:09  <skeees> having a single thread processing from an ordered queue would have also solved the concurrency issues discussed before
594 2018-05-03T19:42:21  <BlueMatt> ProcessMessages will still do the work on the processing thread, which should have a bit less locking overhead
595 2018-05-03T19:42:21  <cfields> BlueMatt: just reading now. at a glance, this approach sounds similar to what I had in mind as well
596 2018-05-03T19:42:28  <BlueMatt> but is definitely more complicated than the skeees approach
597 2018-05-03T19:42:38  <BlueMatt> which draws a much cleaner boundary between validation and net_processing
598 2018-05-03T19:42:41  <gmaxwell> The biggest gain I'm aware of from concurrency is that right now when connecting multiple blocks at a time (due to out of order fetching in IBD) we stop downloading new blocks, ... fixing that would be a big gain; so it might be worth prioritizing improvements that would let that happen.
599 2018-05-03T19:42:54  <cfields> BlueMatt: I don't see why they'd be mutually exclusive?
600 2018-05-03T19:43:07  <BlueMatt> gmaxwell: that and relaying compact block gettxn during block connection
601 2018-05-03T19:43:25  <BlueMatt> which is the one big cheapish win left for block-relay-latency
602 2018-05-03T19:43:29  <gmaxwell> (e.g. esp when fetching from slow peers, watching network traffic during IBD is comical... transfering at only a couple mbps for a while then nothing for seconds at a time while it connects)
603 2018-05-03T19:43:34  <BlueMatt> cfields: well doing both is maybe not so useful
604 2018-05-03T19:43:54  <BlueMatt> since they'd accomplish largely the same thing
605 2018-05-03T19:44:11  *** leval2 has quit IRC
606 2018-05-03T19:44:13  <gmaxwell> BlueMatt: Fair enough for gettxn, though right now my own node makes almost no gettxn requests... and orphaning rates appear to be exceptionally low.
607 2018-05-03T19:44:30  <gmaxwell> (so what I'm saying is that at the moment I don't think of latency improvements as that critical)
608 2018-05-03T19:44:33  <BlueMatt> gmaxwell: the skeees approach is certainly better for doing things like deserialization of blocks coming in from other peers while calling ProcessNewBlock/ActivateBestChain
609 2018-05-03T19:44:52  <BlueMatt> indeed, right now (with mempool ~empty) compact block performance is ~perfect
610 2018-05-03T19:44:55  <BlueMatt> its not always so, however
611 2018-05-03T19:45:16  <gmaxwell> hm. interesting point that making deserialization concurrent would potentially be a multi-core gain.
612 2018-05-03T19:45:17  <BlueMatt> also, fibre nodes see more getblocktxn than miners
613 2018-05-03T19:45:17  <sipa> by "mempool ~empty" you mean "mempool is a perfect match" ?
614 2018-05-03T19:45:33  <BlueMatt> which would be equally solved by miners delaying 1 second before including new txn in blocks....
615 2018-05-03T19:45:54  <gmaxwell> sipa: if each block mostly clears the mempool, miner-specific prioritizaition of transactions doesn't cause as much surprise txn.
616 2018-05-03T19:46:13  <gmaxwell> BlueMatt: and also making use of the CB facility for transmitting extra txn proactively.
617 2018-05-03T19:46:24  <BlueMatt> yea, that too
618 2018-05-03T19:46:52  <BlueMatt> anyway, so tl;dr: I was a bigger fan of the skeees approach and wanted a little bit of concept discussion on the idea of putting a queue in front of the entire validation stuff
619 2018-05-03T19:46:59  <BlueMatt> since thats a huge departure from current operation
620 2018-05-03T19:47:10  <BlueMatt> but I think the potential gain is nice
621 2018-05-03T19:47:17  <BlueMatt> plus all our blocks are already passed in as shared_ptrs anyway.....
622 2018-05-03T19:47:21  <gmaxwell> so right my point was that speading up IBD is probably a big win, .. improving latency and what not would be nice too but I think it's less important.
623 2018-05-03T19:47:42  <LukeJr> +1
624 2018-05-03T19:47:43  <BlueMatt> yes, right now that is definitely true
625 2018-05-03T19:47:51  <BlueMatt> certainly this has the potential to address both, however
626 2018-05-03T19:47:56  <gmaxwell> making use of more cores during sync would be nice too, e.g. if deserilization and hashing can happen on seperate threads async with connection.
627 2018-05-03T19:48:13  <BlueMatt> we can do CheckBlock on the net_processing thread
628 2018-05-03T19:48:27  <BlueMatt> (since, and sipa is gonna die a little bit inside, here, the result is cached in the CBlock structure)
629 2018-05-03T19:48:44  <sdaftuar> that is kinda gross :)
630 2018-05-03T19:48:52  <BlueMatt> its incredibly gross
631 2018-05-03T19:48:59  <gmaxwell> (e.g. multiple message handling threads, which do deserialization and maybe stateless checks)
632 2018-05-03T19:49:21  <wumpus> oh no...
633 2018-05-03T19:49:24  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift opened pull request #13163: Make it clear which functions that are intended to be translation unit local (master...internal-linkage) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13163
634 2018-05-03T19:49:51  <gmaxwell> though I did a dumb hack a while back that reordered some of the block validation steps to interleave checks that operate per transaction and got a few percent sync speed improvement... we should be mindful of memory locality and not introduce even more passes over blocks.
635 2018-05-03T19:50:05  <BlueMatt> gmaxwell: dunno about multiple message handling threads being doable in the immediate future, but doing CheckBlock on the message processing thread (which does merkle root verification, which is a good chunk of the work) may be worth a chunk
636 2018-05-03T19:50:27  <skeees> cool - so if no strong objections or concerns with the approach i'll continue this and come back when its more ready for review
637 2018-05-03T19:51:07  <gmaxwell> Funny, I would have thought handling seperate peers in seperate threads would almost just work now, vs stuff that handled messages from the same peer concurrently, which violates protocol assumptions about ordering without special work to add processing barriers.
638 2018-05-03T19:51:25  <BlueMatt> gmaxwell: CNodeState requires cs_main, so....not even close :(
639 2018-05-03T19:51:40  <gmaxwell> (almost just work, because the critical data structues have locks ... oh CNodeState)
640 2018-05-03T19:51:45  <BlueMatt> I've got some old branches that do that, if you want to look
641 2018-05-03T19:51:47  <gmaxwell> cs_main lite.
642 2018-05-03T19:51:50  <BlueMatt> but they're....not small changes
643 2018-05-03T19:52:03  <BlueMatt> and cfields hates them, though he's probably right
644 2018-05-03T19:52:26  <BlueMatt> anyway, so </topic> </meeting> ["DIE", "XML"]?
645 2018-05-03T19:52:29  <gmaxwell> in particular our most commons messages are transaction invs and get datas, and those should only need mempool stuff for much of their activity.
646 2018-05-03T19:52:36  <gmaxwell> k.
647 2018-05-03T19:52:44  <BlueMatt> gmaxwell: yes, I did all that in an old branch
648 2018-05-03T19:52:51  <BlueMatt> that in particular is much closer than it used to be
649 2018-05-03T19:53:00  <BlueMatt> cause now the HandleGetData stuff cant take cs_main at the top
650 2018-05-03T19:53:10  <BlueMatt> IIRC that refactor landed for 0.16
651 2018-05-03T19:54:08  <BlueMatt> https://github.com/TheBlueMatt/bitcoin/commits/2017-07-paralell-processmessages-redux
652 2018-05-03T19:54:48  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
653 2018-05-03T19:55:13  <gmaxwell> Thanks.
654 2018-05-03T19:55:44  <BlueMatt> (it got a bunch of time in helgrind, too, and got all the issues fixed, so I'm at least kinda confident in it, but its essentially unreviewable, even by my standards)
655 2018-05-03T19:56:08  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
656 2018-05-03T19:56:24  *** moneyball has quit IRC
657 2018-05-03T19:57:40  <wumpus> #endmeeting
658 2018-05-03T19:57:40  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu May  3 19:57:40 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
659 2018-05-03T19:57:40  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-05-03-19.00.html
660 2018-05-03T19:57:40  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-05-03-19.00.txt
661 2018-05-03T19:57:40  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-05-03-19.00.log.html
662 2018-05-03T19:57:44  <gmaxwell> I think it would be simpler now, a lot of changes in the last year would have made it easier (I say this without having recently looked at that branch)
663 2018-05-03T19:57:51  *** aknb has quit IRC
664 2018-05-03T19:58:22  <BlueMatt> yes, I agree
665 2018-05-03T19:58:26  <BlueMatt> rather significantly
666 2018-05-03T19:58:58  <BlueMatt> and if we took the "split CNodeState" approach instead of "pull CNodeState above cs_main in global lock order and give it its own lock all in one go" approach that that branch takes, it'd likely be wayyy simpler
667 2018-05-03T20:00:08  *** LukeJr has quit IRC
668 2018-05-03T20:08:37  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
669 2018-05-03T20:12:16  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj deleted 0.9 at 460ccfb: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/460ccfb
670 2018-05-03T20:12:34  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj deleted 0.10 at 9cea169: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/9cea169
671 2018-05-03T20:12:45  <wumpus> :x
672 2018-05-03T20:12:59  <sdaftuar> neat
673 2018-05-03T20:23:15  *** jpe_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
674 2018-05-03T20:23:41  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
675 2018-05-03T20:28:41  *** belcher has quit IRC
676 2018-05-03T20:29:06  *** promag has quit IRC
677 2018-05-03T20:30:22  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
678 2018-05-03T20:34:53  *** jpe__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
679 2018-05-03T20:37:31  *** jpe_ has quit IRC
680 2018-05-03T20:39:29  *** Randolf has quit IRC
681 2018-05-03T20:48:18  *** belcher has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
682 2018-05-03T20:50:01  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
683 2018-05-03T20:51:17  *** ExtraCrispy has quit IRC
684 2018-05-03T21:02:09  *** jpe__ has quit IRC
685 2018-05-03T21:20:42  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jamesob closed pull request #13099: Use thread names in logs and deadlock diagnostics (master...2018-04-26-use-threadnames) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13099
686 2018-05-03T21:23:00  <cfields> jamesob: noo!
687 2018-05-03T21:23:27  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
688 2018-05-03T21:25:28  <cfields> jamesob: I hope you don't think I'm being NIH about that PR, that wasn't my intention at all. Coding up an alternative myself helps me to understand the challenges better, it wasn't meant to replace your work.
689 2018-05-03T21:26:01  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
690 2018-05-03T21:51:36  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
691 2018-05-03T22:00:27  *** Krellan has quit IRC
692 2018-05-03T22:13:25  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
693 2018-05-03T22:13:32  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
694 2018-05-03T22:16:53  *** spinza has quit IRC
695 2018-05-03T22:20:22  <wumpus> "Note: GitHub Services are being deprecated. Please contact your integrator for more information on how to migrate or replace a service to webhooks or GitHub Apps. "
696 2018-05-03T22:20:43  <wumpus> I wonder if that means the IRC notification bot will disappear
697 2018-05-03T22:21:42  <luke-jr> isn't it a webhook?
698 2018-05-03T22:22:46  <wumpus> no
699 2018-05-03T22:23:04  <wumpus> it's under "integrations and services" which displays that
700 2018-05-03T22:27:04  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
701 2018-05-03T22:28:38  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
702 2018-05-03T22:32:33  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
703 2018-05-03T22:35:43  *** tryphe has quit IRC
704 2018-05-03T22:36:13  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
705 2018-05-03T22:42:11  *** Krellan has quit IRC
706 2018-05-03T22:42:44  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
707 2018-05-03T22:43:47  <luke-jr> IRC notifications of projects seems to have mostly died with CIA :<
708 2018-05-03T22:46:25  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
709 2018-05-03T22:52:55  *** Krellan has quit IRC
710 2018-05-03T22:57:15  *** jonhya has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
711 2018-05-03T22:57:24  *** promag has quit IRC
712 2018-05-03T23:00:15  *** jonhya has quit IRC
713 2018-05-03T23:12:21  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
714 2018-05-03T23:13:13  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
715 2018-05-03T23:17:45  *** larafale has quit IRC
716 2018-05-03T23:20:46  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
717 2018-05-03T23:26:18  *** clarkmoody has quit IRC
718 2018-05-03T23:27:28  *** drexl has quit IRC
719 2018-05-03T23:29:51  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
720 2018-05-03T23:31:34  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
721 2018-05-03T23:39:10  <jamesob> cfields: oh no not at all! sorry if the PR close came off as me being upset
722 2018-05-03T23:40:14  <jamesob> cfields: I just like your commits better :). Maybe I can cherry-pick them and then shuffle in my GetProcessName/SetProcessName stuff + some tests
723 2018-05-03T23:40:50  <jamesob> if that sounds good, would it make sense to repurpose that same PR or open a new one?
724 2018-05-03T23:43:53  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
725 2018-05-03T23:44:33  <cfields> jamesob: ok, good
726 2018-05-03T23:45:14  <cfields> jamesob: if you're going to do away with the suffix handling, I'd say just do a new PR
727 2018-05-03T23:45:50  <cfields> jamesob: either way, my code is all yours if you like it
728 2018-05-03T23:48:21  *** Emcy has quit IRC
729 2018-05-03T23:53:30  <jamesob> cfields: yeah, should be easy to incorporate the suffix stuff inline as you suggest
730 2018-05-03T23:57:10  <jamesob> just felt embarrassed I didn't see that earlier :)