1 2018-06-14T00:10:05  *** jojeyh has quit IRC
  2 2018-06-14T00:20:38  *** belcher has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  3 2018-06-14T00:24:18  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  4 2018-06-14T00:33:44  *** nmnkgl has quit IRC
  5 2018-06-14T00:34:06  *** nmnkgl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  6 2018-06-14T00:40:21  *** ToURniQue has quit IRC
  7 2018-06-14T00:48:38  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  8 2018-06-14T00:56:43  *** contrapumpkin has quit IRC
  9 2018-06-14T00:59:57  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ken2812221 opened pull request #13465: Avoid concurrency issue when make multiple target (master...no_parallel) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13465
 10 2018-06-14T01:02:57  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
 11 2018-06-14T01:07:19  *** promag has quit IRC
 12 2018-06-14T01:13:31  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 13 2018-06-14T01:17:53  *** promag has quit IRC
 14 2018-06-14T01:20:26  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 15 2018-06-14T01:23:42  *** nmnkgl has quit IRC
 16 2018-06-14T01:24:02  *** nmnkgl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 17 2018-06-14T01:24:58  *** promag has quit IRC
 18 2018-06-14T01:27:11  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 19 2018-06-14T01:29:54  *** nmnkgl has quit IRC
 20 2018-06-14T01:31:27  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 21 2018-06-14T01:34:41  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jnewbery opened pull request #13467: [Tests] Make p2p_segwit easier to debug (master...tidy_up_p2p_segwit) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13467
 22 2018-06-14T01:38:20  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2018-06-14T01:42:57  *** promag has quit IRC
 24 2018-06-14T01:55:04  *** murrayn has quit IRC
 25 2018-06-14T02:01:42  *** murrayn has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 26 2018-06-14T02:01:42  *** murrayn has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 27 2018-06-14T02:07:12  *** nmnkgl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 28 2018-06-14T02:11:43  *** nmnkgl has quit IRC
 29 2018-06-14T02:15:12  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 30 2018-06-14T02:17:02  <christos88> im so happy, the client finished the checkup, now its downloading blocks again :)
 31 2018-06-14T02:20:02  *** promag has quit IRC
 32 2018-06-14T02:30:18  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
 33 2018-06-14T02:31:39  *** contrapumpkin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 34 2018-06-14T02:31:58  *** indistylo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 35 2018-06-14T02:36:27  *** drexl has quit IRC
 36 2018-06-14T02:41:09  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 37 2018-06-14T02:44:34  *** drexl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 38 2018-06-14T02:46:27  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 39 2018-06-14T02:46:59  *** jojeyh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 40 2018-06-14T02:51:22  *** promag has quit IRC
 41 2018-06-14T03:03:27  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] kaloudis opened pull request #13468: Trivial: Fix locale typos (master...locale-typos) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13468
 42 2018-06-14T03:05:16  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #13468: Trivial: Fix locale typos (master...locale-typos) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13468
 43 2018-06-14T03:07:25  *** bitconner has quit IRC
 44 2018-06-14T03:16:52  *** christos88 has quit IRC
 45 2018-06-14T03:27:53  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 46 2018-06-14T03:31:38  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 47 2018-06-14T03:32:17  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 48 2018-06-14T03:36:13  *** promag has quit IRC
 49 2018-06-14T03:37:50  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 50 2018-06-14T03:38:02  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 51 2018-06-14T03:40:29  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 52 2018-06-14T03:41:36  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 53 2018-06-14T03:44:29  *** drexl has quit IRC
 54 2018-06-14T03:51:03  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 55 2018-06-14T03:55:27  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
 56 2018-06-14T04:03:22  *** indistylo has quit IRC
 57 2018-06-14T04:27:45  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 58 2018-06-14T04:32:19  *** promag has quit IRC
 59 2018-06-14T04:34:22  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 60 2018-06-14T04:35:00  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 61 2018-06-14T04:39:37  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 62 2018-06-14T04:43:52  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 63 2018-06-14T04:48:33  *** promag has quit IRC
 64 2018-06-14T04:50:44  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
 65 2018-06-14T05:36:12  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 66 2018-06-14T05:56:25  *** goatpig has quit IRC
 67 2018-06-14T06:03:20  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
 68 2018-06-14T06:04:31  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 69 2018-06-14T06:25:40  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 70 2018-06-14T06:29:50  *** murrayn has quit IRC
 71 2018-06-14T06:30:49  *** murrayn has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 72 2018-06-14T06:30:49  *** murrayn has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 73 2018-06-14T07:05:21  *** jamesob has quit IRC
 74 2018-06-14T07:05:35  *** jamesob has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 75 2018-06-14T07:18:10  <GitHub85> [bitcoin-detached-sigs] jonasschnelli opened pull request #8: 0.16.1: osx signatures for 0.16.1 (0.16...0.16) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-detached-sigs/pull/8
 76 2018-06-14T07:50:10  *** andytoshi has quit IRC
 77 2018-06-14T07:50:18  *** andytoshi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 78 2018-06-14T08:02:32  *** ula has quit IRC
 79 2018-06-14T08:07:01  *** d9b4bef9 has quit IRC
 80 2018-06-14T08:08:08  *** d9b4bef9 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 81 2018-06-14T08:19:21  *** davec has quit IRC
 82 2018-06-14T08:21:10  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 83 2018-06-14T08:24:43  *** drexl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 84 2018-06-14T08:26:18  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 85 2018-06-14T08:29:48  *** vicenteH has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 86 2018-06-14T08:39:15  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 87 2018-06-14T08:45:14  *** jhfrontz has quit IRC
 88 2018-06-14T08:45:39  *** jhfrontz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 89 2018-06-14T09:03:03  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Empact closed pull request #13239: [moveonly] Fix CConnman template methods to be fully-defined in net.h (master...net-template-methods) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13239
 90 2018-06-14T09:13:10  *** satwo has quit IRC
 91 2018-06-14T09:14:00  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
 92 2018-06-14T09:22:04  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 93 2018-06-14T09:24:27  *** gagarine has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 94 2018-06-14T09:27:05  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
 95 2018-06-14T09:29:32  <jonasschnelli> sipa: you may want to review the Bech32X python ref impl. https://github.com/jonasschnelli/Bech32X/blob/master/ref/python/bech32x.py
 96 2018-06-14T09:29:45  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 97 2018-06-14T09:29:48  <jonasschnelli> It's still WIP, I added the HRP handling
 98 2018-06-14T09:30:05  <jonasschnelli> Not sure if it should have decode and correct or only correct
 99 2018-06-14T09:30:39  <promag> jonasschnelli: can you explain how is the progress calculated in FindScriptPubKey*
100 2018-06-14T09:31:13  <promag> I don't understand lines 42-43
101 2018-06-14T09:33:20  <jonasschnelli> promag: let me check...
102 2018-06-14T09:34:19  <jonasschnelli> promag: hases are stored ordered, ... so we calculate the progress from the hash in relation to 0xFFFF IIRC
103 2018-06-14T09:34:44  <jonasschnelli> Not to 0xFFFF but similar
104 2018-06-14T09:35:55  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
105 2018-06-14T09:36:42  *** gagarine has quit IRC
106 2018-06-14T09:45:36  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
107 2018-06-14T09:47:17  *** drexl has quit IRC
108 2018-06-14T09:53:09  <promag> jonasschnelli: I think I get it, still it's an approximation right?
109 2018-06-14T09:53:51  <promag> I mean, it's not linear
110 2018-06-14T09:54:18  <jonasschnelli> yes. its approx
111 2018-06-14T09:59:46  *** qrestlove has quit IRC
112 2018-06-14T10:11:56  *** qrestlove has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
113 2018-06-14T10:14:51  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
114 2018-06-14T10:26:16  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
115 2018-06-14T10:27:43  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
116 2018-06-14T10:38:05  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
117 2018-06-14T10:40:53  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
118 2018-06-14T10:46:25  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
119 2018-06-14T10:56:32  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
120 2018-06-14T10:58:11  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
121 2018-06-14T11:00:30  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
122 2018-06-14T11:01:08  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
123 2018-06-14T11:05:37  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
124 2018-06-14T11:15:58  *** bitconner has quit IRC
125 2018-06-14T11:19:47  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
126 2018-06-14T11:20:44  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
127 2018-06-14T11:23:08  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
128 2018-06-14T11:24:27  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
129 2018-06-14T11:29:14  *** SopaXorzTaker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
130 2018-06-14T11:34:30  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
131 2018-06-14T11:36:53  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
132 2018-06-14T11:45:21  *** bitconner has quit IRC
133 2018-06-14T11:48:02  *** d9b4bef9 has quit IRC
134 2018-06-14T11:49:07  *** d9b4bef9 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
135 2018-06-14T11:52:29  *** m8tion has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
136 2018-06-14T11:52:50  *** SpYoGsee has quit IRC
137 2018-06-14T12:10:25  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2018-06-14T12:14:57  *** bitconner has quit IRC
139 2018-06-14T12:15:12  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
140 2018-06-14T12:19:27  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
141 2018-06-14T12:35:12  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
142 2018-06-14T12:39:50  *** bitconner has quit IRC
143 2018-06-14T12:55:57  *** nmnkgl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
144 2018-06-14T13:00:35  *** nmnkgl has quit IRC
145 2018-06-14T13:02:20  *** Miya has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
146 2018-06-14T13:09:05  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
147 2018-06-14T13:11:39  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
148 2018-06-14T13:13:27  <ken2812221> wumpus: Can I add #13426 to High priority for review? The meeting time is 3 am for me.
149 2018-06-14T13:13:29  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13426 | [bugfix] Add u8path and u8string to fix #13103 by ken2812221 · Pull Request #13426 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
150 2018-06-14T13:13:54  *** bitconner has quit IRC
151 2018-06-14T13:16:15  *** Miya has quit IRC
152 2018-06-14T13:16:34  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
153 2018-06-14T13:26:19  *** Kvaciral has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
154 2018-06-14T13:47:14  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
155 2018-06-14T13:47:19  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
156 2018-06-14T13:52:41  *** bitconner has quit IRC
157 2018-06-14T13:52:45  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
158 2018-06-14T13:58:25  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
159 2018-06-14T13:59:17  <instagibbs> was there ever any resolution to the release notes conflict-a-thon
160 2018-06-14T14:00:15  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
161 2018-06-14T14:04:47  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
162 2018-06-14T14:12:31  <ken2812221> instagibbs: You can create release-notes-prXXXXX.md to avoid it. Also see #12819
163 2018-06-14T14:12:35  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12819 | Avoid release-notes.md conflicts · Issue #12819 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
164 2018-06-14T14:27:41  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Sjors opened pull request #13470: WIP [bench] CCoinsView(Cache): measure various scenarios (master...2018/06/bench_db_cache) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13470
165 2018-06-14T14:35:55  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
166 2018-06-14T14:40:34  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
167 2018-06-14T14:47:46  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
168 2018-06-14T14:51:57  *** bitconner has quit IRC
169 2018-06-14T15:02:59  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
170 2018-06-14T15:06:56  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
171 2018-06-14T15:11:21  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
172 2018-06-14T15:12:01  *** bitconner has quit IRC
173 2018-06-14T15:12:17  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
174 2018-06-14T15:12:45  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Sjors closed pull request #12404: Prune more aggressively during IBD (master...2018/02/ibd_prune_extra) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12404
175 2018-06-14T15:17:10  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
176 2018-06-14T15:20:05  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
177 2018-06-14T15:20:38  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
178 2018-06-14T15:21:52  *** bitconner has quit IRC
179 2018-06-14T15:30:02  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
180 2018-06-14T15:32:42  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
181 2018-06-14T15:32:50  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
182 2018-06-14T15:33:07  *** JRob has quit IRC
183 2018-06-14T15:39:41  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
184 2018-06-14T15:40:39  *** SopaXorzTaker has quit IRC
185 2018-06-14T15:41:57  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
186 2018-06-14T15:43:05  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
187 2018-06-14T15:43:57  *** bitconner has quit IRC
188 2018-06-14T15:45:59  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
189 2018-06-14T15:47:03  *** ExtraCrispy has quit IRC
190 2018-06-14T15:48:54  *** SopaXorzTaker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
191 2018-06-14T15:50:02  *** d9b4bef9 has quit IRC
192 2018-06-14T15:50:52  *** bitconner has quit IRC
193 2018-06-14T15:51:07  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
194 2018-06-14T15:51:08  *** d9b4bef9 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
195 2018-06-14T15:51:38  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
196 2018-06-14T15:54:58  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
197 2018-06-14T15:58:47  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
198 2018-06-14T15:59:37  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
199 2018-06-14T16:00:10  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
200 2018-06-14T16:00:14  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
201 2018-06-14T16:00:53  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
202 2018-06-14T16:03:59  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
203 2018-06-14T16:05:10  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
204 2018-06-14T16:05:27  *** bitconner has quit IRC
205 2018-06-14T16:10:41  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
206 2018-06-14T16:15:05  *** bitconner has quit IRC
207 2018-06-14T16:16:03  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
208 2018-06-14T16:17:50  *** promag has quit IRC
209 2018-06-14T16:18:22  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
210 2018-06-14T16:22:57  *** bitconner has quit IRC
211 2018-06-14T16:23:43  *** belcher has quit IRC
212 2018-06-14T16:28:25  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
213 2018-06-14T16:32:51  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
214 2018-06-14T16:33:35  *** bitconner has quit IRC
215 2018-06-14T16:34:39  *** timothy has quit IRC
216 2018-06-14T16:41:05  *** nmnkgl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
217 2018-06-14T16:41:30  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
218 2018-06-14T16:51:22  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
219 2018-06-14T16:54:53  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
220 2018-06-14T16:59:46  *** bitconner has quit IRC
221 2018-06-14T17:03:29  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
222 2018-06-14T17:05:04  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
223 2018-06-14T17:06:03  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
224 2018-06-14T17:07:57  *** bitconner has quit IRC
225 2018-06-14T17:09:31  <promag> do we lock files?
226 2018-06-14T17:09:58  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
227 2018-06-14T17:10:22  <sipa> we lock a lockfile
228 2018-06-14T17:13:53  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
229 2018-06-14T17:14:06  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
230 2018-06-14T17:14:26  <promag> is that what luke-jr means in https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12842#issuecomment-396686016?
231 2018-06-14T17:18:10  *** m8tion has quit IRC
232 2018-06-14T17:18:50  *** bitconner has quit IRC
233 2018-06-14T17:19:22  <sipa> perhaps
234 2018-06-14T17:19:46  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
235 2018-06-14T17:24:47  *** bitconner has quit IRC
236 2018-06-14T17:29:33  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
237 2018-06-14T17:32:20  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
238 2018-06-14T17:32:40  *** promag has quit IRC
239 2018-06-14T17:33:41  *** vicenteH has quit IRC
240 2018-06-14T17:34:25  *** bitconner has quit IRC
241 2018-06-14T17:37:35  <jnewbery> promag: what is https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13111/files#diff-2e3836af182cfb375329c3463ffd91f8R370 suppposed to be doing? It's invoking a method called "unload" which I can't find
242 2018-06-14T17:39:12  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
243 2018-06-14T17:40:33  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/4a7e64fc8546...cc7cbd756acd
244 2018-06-14T17:40:33  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 86edf4a Gregory Sanders: expose CBlockIndex::nTx in getblock(header)
245 2018-06-14T17:40:34  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master cc7cbd7 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #13451: rpc: expose CBlockIndex::nTx in getblock(header)...
246 2018-06-14T17:40:35  *** razamobin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
247 2018-06-14T17:40:45  *** IGHOR has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
248 2018-06-14T17:41:26  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #13451: rpc: expose CBlockIndex::nTx in getblock(header) (master...expose_nTx) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13451
249 2018-06-14T17:41:28  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
250 2018-06-14T17:45:48  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa opened pull request #13471: For AVX2 code, also check for AVX, XSAVE, and OS support (master...201806_avxossupport) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13471
251 2018-06-14T17:46:05  *** bitconner has quit IRC
252 2018-06-14T17:52:40  <kanzure> wom 3
253 2018-06-14T17:52:45  <kanzure> error. hm.
254 2018-06-14T17:56:40  *** IGHOR has quit IRC
255 2018-06-14T17:57:41  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
256 2018-06-14T18:02:50  *** bitconner has quit IRC
257 2018-06-14T18:13:34  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
258 2018-06-14T18:17:47  *** GoldenBear has quit IRC
259 2018-06-14T18:18:39  *** bitconner has quit IRC
260 2018-06-14T18:18:46  *** goatpig has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
261 2018-06-14T18:20:18  <jonasschnelli> sipa: The polynominal operation in Bech32X requires 256bit bitwise AND operation, right?
262 2018-06-14T18:20:32  *** GoldenBear has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
263 2018-06-14T18:20:40  <sipa> jonasschnelli: 135 bit XOR
264 2018-06-14T18:20:52  <jonasschnelli> okay.. I see
265 2018-06-14T18:21:01  <sipa> on languages that don't support big integers, split it up in 3 64-bit integers
266 2018-06-14T18:21:19  <jonasschnelli> Yes. Will do
267 2018-06-14T18:21:40  <sipa> what language?
268 2018-06-14T18:22:12  <jonasschnelli> sipa: the python impl. is "done" (draft) https://github.com/jonasschnelli/Bech32X/blob/master/ref/python/bech32x.py ... now working on C
269 2018-06-14T18:22:53  <jonasschnelli> sipa: I guess it makes sense to have a straight decode() _and_ a correct() in case decode fails?
270 2018-06-14T18:23:14  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
271 2018-06-14T18:23:45  <sipa> jonasschnelli: the correction code is less efficient in realizing there are no errors
272 2018-06-14T18:24:02  <jonasschnelli> okay
273 2018-06-14T18:24:32  <sipa> it could have a short circuit check if all syndromes are 0, and in that case just straight decode
274 2018-06-14T18:24:46  <sipa> (the syn variable, after the "for v" loop)
275 2018-06-14T18:25:04  <jonasschnelli> Okay. That makes sense...
276 2018-06-14T18:25:18  *** SopaXorzTaker has quit IRC
277 2018-06-14T18:25:28  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] kristapsk closed pull request #13464: RPC: Allow to specify rescan start timestamp for importaddress, importprivkey and importpubkey (master...rescan-from) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13464
278 2018-06-14T18:25:32  <sipa> no need to invoke solver etc in that case
279 2018-06-14T18:26:03  <jonasschnelli> Also, what made me think a bit: dropping a char will not be detected which seems like a likely (error) case
280 2018-06-14T18:26:19  <jonasschnelli> s/detected/corrected
281 2018-06-14T18:26:52  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
282 2018-06-14T18:27:57  *** bitconner has quit IRC
283 2018-06-14T18:27:58  <sipa> huh
284 2018-06-14T18:28:04  <sipa> that should be detected
285 2018-06-14T18:28:13  <gmaxwell> sipa: he means a frameshift, and correction, not detection.
286 2018-06-14T18:28:53  <gmaxwell> i think for these things its useful if the length is explicit and known, so then you can trigger dropped character repair more usefully.
287 2018-06-14T18:29:45  <jonasschnelli> Yes. Length is known,.. but the correction would need to be different
288 2018-06-14T18:31:25  <gmaxwell> yes, there isn't a simple algebraic correction for that, but you can insert a dummy at each position and run the normal correction.  I think it's sufficient to know it's possible to do that.
289 2018-06-14T18:31:46  <jonasschnelli> agree
290 2018-06-14T18:32:26  <sipa> i wonder if ability to detect such errors is something we can optimize the code for
291 2018-06-14T18:32:45  <gmaxwell> even placing two characters in a 64 character string is only about 2k possibilities.
292 2018-06-14T18:34:27  <gmaxwell> sipa: I started to write a fancy bech32 hinter with the idea of list decoding out to 3 errors, including searching for patterns of up to a couple drop and inserts, then using that recent data base of password entry error probablities (which include probabilities for dropped, transposed, and inserted characters) and ranking a probablity for each option.
293 2018-06-14T18:34:42  <jonasschnelli> I'm manly worried about that people will think with "it can correct up to X characters", it does include missing chars
294 2018-06-14T18:34:53  *** dariusmaximus has quit IRC
295 2018-06-14T18:35:02  <sipa> it's hamming distance, not levenshtein distance :)
296 2018-06-14T18:35:42  <gmaxwell> well it does correct up to missing characters with unknown positions, assuming a sutiable decoder.
297 2018-06-14T18:36:18  *** dariusmaximus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
298 2018-06-14T18:36:26  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
299 2018-06-14T18:36:27  <sipa> jonasschnelli: oh, something that i haven't mentioned - that bech32x code can correct up to 14 errors if you know their positions
300 2018-06-14T18:36:53  <sipa> jonasschnelli: which means that if you have explicitly unreadable characters (as opposed to characters that may be wrong), its error correction ability is much stronger
301 2018-06-14T18:37:01  <sipa> this is called erasure, not correction
302 2018-06-14T18:37:03  <gmaxwell> by 'correct up to' sipa means "with no more remaining error detection power"
303 2018-06-14T18:37:36  <sipa> or in general, you can correct with M known erasures and N addition errors in unknown places as long as M+2*N <= 14
304 2018-06-14T18:37:48  <sipa> that's not implemented in that demo
305 2018-06-14T18:37:54  <jonasschnelli> I see...
306 2018-06-14T18:37:54  <sipa> but it's not very hard to do
307 2018-06-14T18:38:33  <sipa> M+2*N < 15 is why this is called a distance 15 code
308 2018-06-14T18:38:59  <gmaxwell> sipa: are those figures really all that useful for this application?  e.g. if you can't externally tell that the key is correct (by checking against the blockchain) you can't go safely to that bound, and if you can tell via external information, you can go further.
309 2018-06-14T18:39:42  <sipa> why can't you safely go to that bound?
310 2018-06-14T18:39:57  <gmaxwell> because you can't tell if the result is right or not.
311 2018-06-14T18:40:05  *** belcher has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
312 2018-06-14T18:40:34  <gmaxwell> if you corrupt 15 characters, but think you have corrupted 14, you'll "recover" something but it'll be the wrong one.
313 2018-06-14T18:41:06  <gmaxwell> Of course, if you can check against the blockchain you're good to go, but in that case in we could go beyond 15 errors.
314 2018-06-14T18:41:12  *** bitconner has quit IRC
315 2018-06-14T18:41:19  <sipa> right
316 2018-06-14T18:41:24  <sipa> in practice you always have both, i guess
317 2018-06-14T18:41:45  <sipa> but the without-the-blockchain inner "loop" is much more efficient
318 2018-06-14T18:47:06  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
319 2018-06-14T18:49:03  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
320 2018-06-14T18:54:22  *** bitconner has quit IRC
321 2018-06-14T18:55:53  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
322 2018-06-14T18:57:59  *** vicenteH has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
323 2018-06-14T19:00:27  <wumpus> meeting time?
324 2018-06-14T19:00:31  <jonasschnelli> jup
325 2018-06-14T19:00:32  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
326 2018-06-14T19:00:32  <wumpus> #startmeeting
327 2018-06-14T19:00:32  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Jun 14 19:00:32 2018 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
328 2018-06-14T19:00:32  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
329 2018-06-14T19:00:36  <jonasschnelli> hi
330 2018-06-14T19:00:37  <sipa> aye
331 2018-06-14T19:00:41  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr btcdrak sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator
332 2018-06-14T19:00:45  <meshcollider> hi
333 2018-06-14T19:00:52  <cfields> hi
334 2018-06-14T19:01:00  <kanzure> hi.
335 2018-06-14T19:01:07  <meshcollider> Sorry I haven't been around for the last few weeks, swamped with assignments and exams
336 2018-06-14T19:01:12  <achow101> hi
337 2018-06-14T19:01:22  <promag> hi
338 2018-06-14T19:01:33  *** Miya has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
339 2018-06-14T19:01:45  <wumpus> meshcollider: np!
340 2018-06-14T19:01:51  <wumpus> topic proposals?
341 2018-06-14T19:02:27  <wumpus> #topic high priority for review
342 2018-06-14T19:02:37  <promag> jnewbery: after qt4 is dropped, I'll replace qt connections with the new sintax
343 2018-06-14T19:02:39  <wumpus> currently on the list: #13425 #13111 #13062 #12196 #12136
344 2018-06-14T19:02:42  <achow101> topic proposal: srd fallback coin selection
345 2018-06-14T19:02:42  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13425 | Moving final scriptSig construction from CombineSignatures to ProduceSignature (PSBT signer logic) by achow101 · Pull Request #13425 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
346 2018-06-14T19:02:45  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13111 | Add unloadwallet RPC by promag · Pull Request #13111 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
347 2018-06-14T19:02:47  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13062 | Make script interpreter independent from storage type CScript by sipa · Pull Request #13062 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
348 2018-06-14T19:02:51  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12196 | Add scantxoutset RPC method by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #12196 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
349 2018-06-14T19:02:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] HashUnlimited opened pull request #13472: [devtools translations] catch invalid specifiers (master...HashUnlimited-translate-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13472
350 2018-06-14T19:02:58  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12136 | Implement BIP 174 Partially Signed Bitcoin Transactions serialization and RPCs by achow101 · Pull Request #12136 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
351 2018-06-14T19:03:04  <wumpus> unloadwallet from promag seems almost ready for merge
352 2018-06-14T19:03:04  <achow101> 12136 can be removed for now
353 2018-06-14T19:03:15  <wumpus> achow101: ok
354 2018-06-14T19:03:20  <achow101> it depends on 13425
355 2018-06-14T19:03:58  <wumpus> dropped
356 2018-06-14T19:04:06  <promag> wumpus: I think so, I have to fix last jnewbery points
357 2018-06-14T19:04:09  <sipa> #13425 is pretty much all of the PSBT internal changes that are needed, excluding serialization and RPCs
358 2018-06-14T19:04:10  <wumpus> it was unfair for you to have two entires on the list, anyway
359 2018-06-14T19:04:12  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13425 | Moving final scriptSig construction from CombineSignatures to ProduceSignature (PSBT signer logic) by achow101 · Pull Request #13425 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
360 2018-06-14T19:04:48  <jnewbery> I think since the last change, unloadwallet no longer removes the unloaded wallet from the dropdown menu
361 2018-06-14T19:04:52  <wumpus> (just kidding, no idea how it came that way)
362 2018-06-14T19:05:15  <promag> jnewbery: you are right
363 2018-06-14T19:05:21  *** bitconner has quit IRC
364 2018-06-14T19:05:28  <promag> needs signal unload
365 2018-06-14T19:05:30  *** dgenr8 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
366 2018-06-14T19:05:34  <wumpus> right
367 2018-06-14T19:05:43  <jnewbery> yep. Seems to work with that method declaration readded
368 2018-06-14T19:07:03  <wumpus> should we add anything to the list this week?
369 2018-06-14T19:07:25  <promag> #13160
370 2018-06-14T19:07:27  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13160 | wallet: Unlock spent outputs by promag · Pull Request #13160 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
371 2018-06-14T19:07:38  <wumpus> you already have one
372 2018-06-14T19:07:46  <meshcollider> Lol
373 2018-06-14T19:07:54  <promag> there was a behaviour change since 0,15 iirc, that fixes it
374 2018-06-14T19:07:58  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
375 2018-06-14T19:08:32  <wumpus> promag: but I agree it needs more attention, FWIW
376 2018-06-14T19:09:10  <promag> it's one line change
377 2018-06-14T19:09:15  <sipa> the high-priority list is for things that block other work
378 2018-06-14T19:09:23  <wumpus> yes
379 2018-06-14T19:09:26  <sipa> not just "this needs attention"
380 2018-06-14T19:09:42  <wumpus> that's what the meeting is for
381 2018-06-14T19:10:33  <wumpus> #action look at #13160
382 2018-06-14T19:10:35  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13160 | wallet: Unlock spent outputs by promag · Pull Request #13160 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
383 2018-06-14T19:10:52  <wumpus> other topics?
384 2018-06-14T19:11:01  <meshcollider> I just reviewed it fwiw promag
385 2018-06-14T19:11:10  <wumpus> meshcollider: thanks!
386 2018-06-14T19:11:20  <achow101> <achow101> topic proposal: srd fallback coin selection
387 2018-06-14T19:11:40  <wumpus> #topic srd fallback coin selection (achow101)
388 2018-06-14T19:12:10  <wumpus> srd = Single Random Draw?
389 2018-06-14T19:12:14  <achow101> yes
390 2018-06-14T19:12:19  <wumpus>  #13307
391 2018-06-14T19:12:22  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13307 | Replace coin selection fallback strategy with Single Random Draw by achow101 · Pull Request #13307 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
392 2018-06-14T19:12:33  <achow101> I think we should discuss instagibbs's point here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13307#discussion_r192899180
393 2018-06-14T19:12:35  *** bitconner has quit IRC
394 2018-06-14T19:12:44  <instagibbs> oh, I said something eh
395 2018-06-14T19:13:04  <achow101> the basic point is that in the current coin selection, we prefer exact matches over confirmations. However the current implementation of srd fallback is that we prefer confirmations over exact matches
396 2018-06-14T19:13:18  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
397 2018-06-14T19:13:35  <instagibbs> altnernating between BnB(Exact match) and then fallback, rather than Bnb of all sorts then fallback
398 2018-06-14T19:14:01  <sipa> so this is a bit of a question on what our coin selection algorithm should prioritize
399 2018-06-14T19:14:09  <achow101> yes
400 2018-06-14T19:14:09  <sipa> confirmed coins, or (immediate) fee
401 2018-06-14T19:14:19  <instagibbs> and privacy
402 2018-06-14T19:14:21  *** dariusmaximus has quit IRC
403 2018-06-14T19:14:34  *** dariusmaximus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
404 2018-06-14T19:14:46  <instagibbs> imo privacy puts it over the top and we should try really hard to do it
405 2018-06-14T19:14:53  <instagibbs> but obviously it's not a slam dunk
406 2018-06-14T19:14:59  <sipa> hmm, unclear how privacy is affect here?
407 2018-06-14T19:15:10  <instagibbs> change-less outputs mess with coin analysis
408 2018-06-14T19:15:16  <instagibbs> to a large degree
409 2018-06-14T19:15:36  <sipa> that's a good point
410 2018-06-14T19:16:45  <sipa> sdaftuar, morcos: present, opinions?
411 2018-06-14T19:17:02  <sipa> gmaxwell: ?
412 2018-06-14T19:17:28  <instagibbs> IIRC we converged on being ok with current behavior, because it breaks the long chains if it works
413 2018-06-14T19:17:31  <achow101> I also did a simulation (so take it with a grain of salt) that showed that the number of utxos with exact match over confirmations was higher than not
414 2018-06-14T19:17:35  <instagibbs> was an intentional design decision
415 2018-06-14T19:19:26  <sipa> what do you mean by "current behaviour"?
416 2018-06-14T19:19:31  <instagibbs> in master
417 2018-06-14T19:19:34  <sipa> master or the SRD PR?
418 2018-06-14T19:19:34  <sipa> ok
419 2018-06-14T19:20:11  <sipa> there is another question here on what the criteria for SRD merge should be
420 2018-06-14T19:20:51  <sipa> because it seems it results in somewhat higher average UTXOs per wallet in simulations
421 2018-06-14T19:21:10  <instagibbs> merge as in code? or?
422 2018-06-14T19:21:29  <achow101> merge as in merge the pr
423 2018-06-14T19:21:58  <instagibbs> ah
424 2018-06-14T19:22:05  <sipa> yes, i'm wondering what our bar for deciding to change tbe logic should be
425 2018-06-14T19:22:08  <achow101> it doesn't seem to perform as well as the current coin selection in master w.r.t mean number of utxos in the wallet in my simulations
426 2018-06-14T19:22:10  *** bitconner has quit IRC
427 2018-06-14T19:22:20  <meshcollider> Significantly higher?
428 2018-06-14T19:22:33  <instagibbs> did you try filtering for using only coins lower than target value? using coins with negative effective value?
429 2018-06-14T19:22:38  <achow101> from ~20 utxos to ~90 utxos
430 2018-06-14T19:22:38  <instagibbs> allowing a single negative effective value?
431 2018-06-14T19:23:07  <instagibbs> Core is an extreme UTXO cop currently. I don't think we're going to be able to match it.
432 2018-06-14T19:23:20  <achow101> these are the results so far https://gist.github.com/achow101/242470486265d3f21adab08f65b9102c
433 2018-06-14T19:23:31  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
434 2018-06-14T19:24:02  <achow101> I have tried filtering for inputs smaller than the target value and doing srd on that. if that fails, srd on all inputs
435 2018-06-14T19:24:21  <achow101> I have also done that but instead of srd on all inputs on failure, choosing the input that is immediately larger than the target value
436 2018-06-14T19:25:29  <sipa> also, these numbers are just for a single simulation, right?
437 2018-06-14T19:25:40  <achow101> yes, those are all for the same scenario
438 2018-06-14T19:25:45  <sipa> on different workloads differents effects may be preswnt
439 2018-06-14T19:26:02  <achow101> I'm running simulations for the other scenarios right now, but that will take a while to finish
440 2018-06-14T19:26:29  <sipa> i guess more to discuss in the PR
441 2018-06-14T19:28:35  <instagibbs> achow101, you can also test not filtering for -EV
442 2018-06-14T19:28:51  <instagibbs> to see how big an effect that is
443 2018-06-14T19:29:07  <achow101> so we could be spending dust?
444 2018-06-14T19:29:36  <instagibbs> Like we do now yes
445 2018-06-14T19:29:53  <achow101> hmm.. ok, I can try that too
446 2018-06-14T19:29:54  <instagibbs> And "allow 1 negative EV output" type logic
447 2018-06-14T19:30:06  <instagibbs> anyways, more to discuss on PR
448 2018-06-14T19:30:25  <sipa> EV filtering is probably the biggest reason for increased UTXO
449 2018-06-14T19:33:23  <MarcoFalke> Sorry for being late, but I'd like to propose #13439 for high priority for review
450 2018-06-14T19:33:23  <instagibbs> "allow 1" might be nice in that you won't blow up way past what is actually sane, while containing the bloat
451 2018-06-14T19:33:25  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13439 | rpc: Avoid "duplicate" return value for invalid submitblock by TheBlueMatt · Pull Request #13439 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
452 2018-06-14T19:35:21  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: sure
453 2018-06-14T19:35:28  <MarcoFalke> thx
454 2018-06-14T19:36:07  *** bitconner has quit IRC
455 2018-06-14T19:36:14  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: done
456 2018-06-14T19:36:17  <wumpus> any other topics?
457 2018-06-14T19:39:01  <sipa> i have 4 PRs open relating to optimized hardware SHA256... should I combine them into 1, or leave like this?
458 2018-06-14T19:39:15  <wumpus> let me see
459 2018-06-14T19:39:39  <sipa> #13471 #13386 #13442 #13438
460 2018-06-14T19:39:40  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13471 | For AVX2 code, also check for AVX, XSAVE, and OS support by sipa · Pull Request #13471 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
461 2018-06-14T19:39:42  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13386 | SHA256 implementations based on Intel SHA Extensions by sipa · Pull Request #13386 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
462 2018-06-14T19:39:43  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13442 | Convert the 1-way SSE4 SHA256 code from asm to intrinsics by sipa · Pull Request #13442 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
463 2018-06-14T19:39:44  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13438 | Improve coverage of SHA256 SelfTest code by sipa · Pull Request #13438 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
464 2018-06-14T19:39:54  <wumpus> it's good for the selftest one to be seperate, I think that one can be merged
465 2018-06-14T19:40:19  <wumpus> I haven't really looked at the other ones yet in detail yet
466 2018-06-14T19:40:33  <cfields> sipa: I have a follow-up PR as well to build a lib-for-each-arch
467 2018-06-14T19:40:38  <sipa> cfields: ah yes
468 2018-06-14T19:40:46  <sipa> i'll leave things like this
469 2018-06-14T19:40:48  <cfields> I figured I'd just wait until everything settled for that one, but let me know if you'd prefer something else
470 2018-06-14T19:40:59  <wumpus> re: 13442, didn't you first say that made things a few % *slower* on 64 bit?
471 2018-06-14T19:41:15  <sipa> wumpus: i made more changes, it's faster now
472 2018-06-14T19:41:22  <wumpus> great, no problems with it anymore then
473 2018-06-14T19:41:34  <sipa> but it's very heavily compiler dependent... rearranging two lines can have 5% effect on speed
474 2018-06-14T19:41:51  <wumpus> seems preferable in every way then
475 2018-06-14T19:41:51  <sipa> or making a constant static
476 2018-06-14T19:41:59  <sipa> how so?
477 2018-06-14T19:42:10  <wumpus> both more readable and faster
478 2018-06-14T19:42:19  <sipa> ah yes, but probably less reliably faster
479 2018-06-14T19:42:23  <sipa> perhaps on clang it's slower
480 2018-06-14T19:42:25  <cfields> sipa: also worth considering (I read this just yesterday), apparently gcc switched the way that 256bit loads are done, somewhere around gcc6, I believe.
481 2018-06-14T19:42:28  <sipa> or with particular gcc versions
482 2018-06-14T19:42:33  <cfields> so, worth considering compiler age as well.
483 2018-06-14T19:42:38  <wumpus> right
484 2018-06-14T19:43:41  <wumpus> if it becomes faster with new compilers it's good
485 2018-06-14T19:43:54  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
486 2018-06-14T19:43:56  <wumpus> if slower, not :)
487 2018-06-14T19:43:58  <cfields> (see gcc's "mavx256-split-unaligned-load" option, which had its default value changed)
488 2018-06-14T19:44:16  <ryanofsky> cd
489 2018-06-14T19:44:37  <sipa> wumpus: another benefit is that this lets us compile the exact same code with -mavx, and get a slightly faster version for AVX capable machines
490 2018-06-14T19:44:40  <cfields> ~$
491 2018-06-14T19:44:50  <wumpus> sipa: that's really nice
492 2018-06-14T19:45:00  <wumpus> sipa: so we compile it twice, the same code?
493 2018-06-14T19:45:05  <sipa> wumpus: yup
494 2018-06-14T19:45:09  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
495 2018-06-14T19:45:12  <sipa> cfields is working on build system changes for that
496 2018-06-14T19:45:16  <wumpus> almost for free
497 2018-06-14T19:45:36  <sipa> i wonder what percentage of our binary will be SHA256 implementations...
498 2018-06-14T19:46:09  <wumpus> a very small part
499 2018-06-14T19:46:13  <cfields> heh
500 2018-06-14T19:46:33  <wumpus> though I understand the sentiment :)
501 2018-06-14T19:47:03  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
502 2018-06-14T19:47:29  <wumpus> as for the source code, a larger part, which reminds me I still need to add ARM
503 2018-06-14T19:47:48  <wumpus> POWER8 one needs review #13203
504 2018-06-14T19:47:50  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13203 | Add POWER8 ASM for 4-way SHA256 by TheBlueMatt · Pull Request #13203 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
505 2018-06-14T19:48:31  <sipa> cfields: we should also try with things like -mmovbe, -mbmi1, -mbmi2, ...
506 2018-06-14T19:48:34  <wumpus> that's really an instruction set I have no clue about
507 2018-06-14T19:48:43  <sipa> cfields: i think these may not be implied by -mavx / -mavx2
508 2018-06-14T19:48:59  <sipa> but generally available on the same systems
509 2018-06-14T19:49:05  <cfields> sipa: yes. IIRC bmi provides some useful things.
510 2018-06-14T19:49:34  <cfields> yea, rorx
511 2018-06-14T19:49:47  <cfields> sorry, that's bmi2
512 2018-06-14T19:52:37  <wumpus> I'm lost
513 2018-06-14T19:52:50  <sipa> don't worry :)
514 2018-06-14T19:53:16  <wumpus> :)
515 2018-06-14T19:53:27  <wumpus> any quick topic?
516 2018-06-14T19:53:42  <achow101> when 0.16.1 detached sigs?
517 2018-06-14T19:54:06  <cfields> achow101: soon, building now
518 2018-06-14T19:54:21  <cfields> jonasschnelli: ^^ ping for other half
519 2018-06-14T19:54:43  <jonasschnelli> already made
520 2018-06-14T19:54:45  <jonasschnelli> https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-detached-sigs/pull/8
521 2018-06-14T19:54:48  <wumpus> cfields: jonasschnelli: thanks
522 2018-06-14T19:55:13  <cfields> jonasschnelli: ah, I missed the pr! You beat me to it :)
523 2018-06-14T19:55:29  <jonasschnelli> :-)
524 2018-06-14T19:55:30  <GitHub133> [bitcoin-detached-sigs] laanwj closed pull request #8: 0.16.1: osx signatures for 0.16.1 (0.16...0.16) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-detached-sigs/pull/8
525 2018-06-14T19:57:03  <luke-jr> hi
526 2018-06-14T19:57:14  <wumpus> jonasschnelli: you should probably be able to merge your own stuff there
527 2018-06-14T19:57:41  <jonasschnelli> wumpus: Yes. I did create the PR because I wasn't sure if we did hit the threshold or required non code-signed signatures
528 2018-06-14T19:58:02  <wumpus> right, good point
529 2018-06-14T19:58:39  <luke-jr> well, as soon as the signatures exist, someone could potentially use them
530 2018-06-14T19:58:46  <luke-jr> so if the threshold isn't met, even a PR could be problematic
531 2018-06-14T19:58:55  <wumpus> 5 signers for every platform so that seems ok
532 2018-06-14T19:59:23  <cfields> yea, it'd only be an issue if there were 2 competing "correct" gitian outputs
533 2018-06-14T19:59:33  <wumpus> agree that for a -final relaese it's better to wait for a few more
534 2018-06-14T19:59:34  <cfields> I think that's happened in the past due to timezones
535 2018-06-14T19:59:42  <luke-jr> 5 is fine
536 2018-06-14T19:59:46  <wumpus> cfields: yes, that's worrying
537 2018-06-14T19:59:51  <luke-jr> IIRC threshold was 3 anyway
538 2018-06-14T20:00:03  <wumpus> meeting ending in 1 minute
539 2018-06-14T20:00:07  <wumpus> oh no, now
540 2018-06-14T20:00:09  <wumpus> #endmeeting
541 2018-06-14T20:00:09  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Jun 14 20:00:09 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
542 2018-06-14T20:00:09  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-06-14-19.00.html
543 2018-06-14T20:00:09  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-06-14-19.00.txt
544 2018-06-14T20:00:09  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-06-14-19.00.log.html
545 2018-06-14T20:02:04  <jamesob> maybe not meeting-worthy, but something I've been curious about is whether there are other indexes people'd like to see (now that we have this nice framework for building them)
546 2018-06-14T20:02:24  <jamesob> I was thinking address-to-related-txns might be nice
547 2018-06-14T20:02:33  <luke-jr> AFAIK the goal was to move indexes out of Core
548 2018-06-14T20:02:56  <jamesob> I think in some cases there can be a compelling argument for additional opt-in indexes
549 2018-06-14T20:03:21  <jonasschnelli> jamesob: I also started an experimental external indexing daemon: https://github.com/jonasschnelli/bitcoincore-indexd
550 2018-06-14T20:03:25  <wumpus> at least the indexing functionality has been factored to a generic class now
551 2018-06-14T20:03:44  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
552 2018-06-14T20:03:59  <jamesob> jonasschnelli: cool, I'll take a look
553 2018-06-14T20:04:20  <jonasschnelli> jamesob: I tried to build an address-to-related-txns,... but figured out its a source for general evil things like "central validation". :)
554 2018-06-14T20:04:35  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
555 2018-06-14T20:04:44  <jamesob> hah
556 2018-06-14T20:05:23  <jonasschnelli> I think using the wallet more for "selective indexing" makes more sense.
557 2018-06-14T20:05:48  <jonasschnelli> But IMO an address-to-related-txns is probably better kept external...
558 2018-06-14T20:06:12  *** nmnkgl has quit IRC
559 2018-06-14T20:06:31  <jamesob> it'd be nice to, e.g., back trezor's web interface with your own bitcoind node instead of a bitcore instance and afaik part of that is because bitcore maintains indexes that bitcoind doesn't
560 2018-06-14T20:06:55  <jonasschnelli> I understand this use case... but indexing everything for this is just silly..
561 2018-06-14T20:07:07  <jonasschnelli> You only want to index a certain xpub or range of keys
562 2018-06-14T20:07:33  <jamesob> yeah, makes sense
563 2018-06-14T20:07:49  <jonasschnelli> The only use case is probably if you want to recover a backup...
564 2018-06-14T20:08:06  <jonasschnelli> But even for that, my new scantxoutset PR makes more sense and works also with pruned peers...
565 2018-06-14T20:08:22  <jonasschnelli> it just can't reproduce the transaction history,... just recover the funds.
566 2018-06-14T20:08:25  *** nmnkgl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
567 2018-06-14T20:09:00  <jonasschnelli> For bitcore / Trezor,... I'm pretty sure one can do the same thing belcher did with stratum (his personal electrum server)
568 2018-06-14T20:09:18  <jonasschnelli> Create a bitcoin interface where only a defined set of keys (or xpubs) are indexed.
569 2018-06-14T20:09:28  <jonasschnelli> In the background, you could use a watch-only core wallet for this...
570 2018-06-14T20:09:43  <jonasschnelli> If you don't need backup-recovery, it would work with pruned peers as well
571 2018-06-14T20:10:28  <gmaxwell> instagibbs: I don't think it would be hard to beat bitcoin core in terms of tx out cleanup.
572 2018-06-14T20:10:59  *** IGHOR_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
573 2018-06-14T20:11:05  <gmaxwell> For example, if it agressively spent all outputs to a scriptpubkey when it spent from any, it would likely sweep more txouts than the current code, AND improve privacy.
574 2018-06-14T20:11:54  *** nmnkgl has quit IRC
575 2018-06-14T20:13:00  *** IGHOR_ has quit IRC
576 2018-06-14T20:13:34  <jamesob> jonasschnelli: interesting, thanks
577 2018-06-14T20:14:08  <instagibbs> gmaxwell, yeah yeah i meant within the constraints of the discussion, but agreed!
578 2018-06-14T20:16:41  <gmaxwell> instagibbs: my thought on it was that we'd offset more txout prolific behavior with explicit txo consuming behavior.
579 2018-06-14T20:16:51  <instagibbs> gotcha
580 2018-06-14T20:17:15  *** treyzania has quit IRC
581 2018-06-14T20:19:00  <gmaxwell> the two kinds of extra consuming behavior I know of are (1) grouping by scriptpubkey (which helps privacy), (2) spending more small inputs when fees are low.
582 2018-06-14T20:19:10  *** treyzania has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
583 2018-06-14T20:21:21  *** bitconner has quit IRC
584 2018-06-14T20:28:29  *** opdenkamp has quit IRC
585 2018-06-14T20:29:02  <sipa> gmaxwell: #12257
586 2018-06-14T20:29:04  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12257 | [wallet] Use destination groups instead of coins in coin select by kallewoof · Pull Request #12257 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
587 2018-06-14T20:31:03  *** dcousens has quit IRC
588 2018-06-14T20:33:50  *** opdenkamp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
589 2018-06-14T20:38:08  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] TheBlueMatt closed pull request #11604: [net] Remove ForNode/ForEachNode (master...2017-11-no-foreachnode) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11604
590 2018-06-14T20:38:24  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] TheBlueMatt closed pull request #12138: Track best-possible-headers (master...2017-10-best-header-tracking) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12138
591 2018-06-14T20:38:34  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/cc7cbd756acd...1939536eea7a
592 2018-06-14T20:38:34  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa3d39e MarcoFalke: doc: Remove note to install all boost dev packages
593 2018-06-14T20:38:35  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1939536 MarcoFalke: Merge #13460: doc: Remove note to install all boost dev packages...
594 2018-06-14T20:38:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] TheBlueMatt closed pull request #13233:  Skip PrecomputedTransactionData hashing for cache hits. (master...2018-05-no-needless-precompute) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13233
595 2018-06-14T20:39:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #13460: doc: Remove note to install all boost dev packages (master...Mf1806-docBuildUbuntu) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13460
596 2018-06-14T20:39:57  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] TheBlueMatt closed pull request #11775: Move fee estimator into validationinterface/cscheduler thread (master...2017-09-background-feeest) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11775
597 2018-06-14T20:40:26  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] TheBlueMatt closed pull request #11856: [RFC] I Have a Hammer! (Replace parts of ui_interface with validationinterface) (master...2017-12-remove-cvblockchange) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11856
598 2018-06-14T20:40:47  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] TheBlueMatt closed pull request #10984: Allow 2 simultaneous (compact-)block downloads (master...2017-08-paralell-block-downloads) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10984
599 2018-06-14T20:41:03  <BlueMatt> phew, now I dont have so many prs to rebase, and none that conflict with each other
600 2018-06-14T20:41:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] TheBlueMatt closed pull request #11913: Avoid cs_main during ReadBlockFromDisk Calls (master...2017-12-no-readblockfromdisk-csmain) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11913
601 2018-06-14T20:48:31  <wumpus> whoa
602 2018-06-14T20:48:45  <BlueMatt> heh, havent had time to rebase anything in a while :(
603 2018-06-14T20:48:52  <BlueMatt> maybe I'll get back to them in a few weeks or so
604 2018-06-14T20:49:12  <promag> \o/ < 270 prs!
605 2018-06-14T20:50:14  <sipa> MarcoFalke: feature request: in the conflict checker, if one PR is just a prefix of another one's commits, don't call it a conflict
606 2018-06-14T20:54:11  <sipa> BlueMatt: :(
607 2018-06-14T20:54:21  <sipa> BlueMatt: oh, some are still open
608 2018-06-14T20:55:27  <BlueMatt> lol ffs, I was just closing stale crap I'm not gonna have a chance to rebase for a month
609 2018-06-14T20:55:32  <BlueMatt> or, more likely, longer
610 2018-06-14T20:57:14  <sipa> okay!
611 2018-06-14T21:00:39  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
612 2018-06-14T21:06:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Empact closed pull request #13462: scripted-diff: Simplify common case of CHashWriter and drop SER_GETHASH & SerializeHash (master...serialize-hash-type) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13462
613 2018-06-14T21:09:20  *** Miya has quit IRC
614 2018-06-14T21:18:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] TheBlueMatt closed pull request #11639: Rewrite the interface between validation and net_processing wrt DoS (master...2017-10-dos-rewrite) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11639
615 2018-06-14T21:18:41  *** nmnkgl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
616 2018-06-14T21:24:26  <cfields> gitian builders: v0.16.1 detached sigs are pushed
617 2018-06-14T21:24:29  <cfields> achow101: ^^
618 2018-06-14T21:34:48  <wumpus> thanks
619 2018-06-14T21:36:33  *** vicenteH has quit IRC
620 2018-06-14T21:39:17  *** laurentmt1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
621 2018-06-14T21:41:12  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
622 2018-06-14T21:41:13  *** laurentmt1 is now known as laurentmt
623 2018-06-14T21:48:59  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Empact reopened pull request #13462: scripted-diff: Simplify common case of CHashWriter and drop SER_GETHASH & SerializeHash (master...serialize-hash-type) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13462
624 2018-06-14T21:49:14  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Empact closed pull request #13462: scripted-diff: Simplify common case of CHashWriter and drop SER_GETHASH & SerializeHash (master...serialize-hash-type) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13462
625 2018-06-14T21:51:07  *** intcat has quit IRC
626 2018-06-14T21:51:22  *** dariusmaximus has quit IRC
627 2018-06-14T21:55:23  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
628 2018-06-14T21:56:07  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
629 2018-06-14T21:59:38  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
630 2018-06-14T22:09:38  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
631 2018-06-14T22:10:06  *** CubicEarths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
632 2018-06-14T22:22:25  *** CubicEarths has quit IRC
633 2018-06-14T22:40:30  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
634 2018-06-14T22:55:47  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
635 2018-06-14T23:11:59  *** zautomata has quit IRC
636 2018-06-14T23:14:50  *** zautomata has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
637 2018-06-14T23:18:09  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
638 2018-06-14T23:24:24  *** nmnkgl has quit IRC
639 2018-06-14T23:32:03  *** snickerfritz_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
640 2018-06-14T23:32:10  *** snickerfritz has quit IRC
641 2018-06-14T23:39:42  *** promag has quit IRC
642 2018-06-14T23:40:47  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
643 2018-06-14T23:49:21  *** zautomata1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
644 2018-06-14T23:51:40  *** zautomata has quit IRC
645 2018-06-14T23:52:15  *** grafcaps has quit IRC
646 2018-06-14T23:53:22  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev