1 2018-11-08T00:12:28  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  2 2018-11-08T00:18:07  *** bitconner has quit IRC
  3 2018-11-08T00:18:09  *** ezzzy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  4 2018-11-08T00:22:55  *** ezzzy has quit IRC
  5 2018-11-08T00:24:33  *** ezzzy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  6 2018-11-08T00:28:48  *** ezzzy has quit IRC
  7 2018-11-08T00:31:26  *** Murch has quit IRC
  8 2018-11-08T00:36:35  *** jarthur_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  9 2018-11-08T00:37:12  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 10 2018-11-08T00:37:37  *** vefuwell has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 11 2018-11-08T00:38:47  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 12 2018-11-08T00:39:44  *** jarthur has quit IRC
 13 2018-11-08T00:41:00  *** jarthur_ has quit IRC
 14 2018-11-08T00:46:47  <vefuwell> hello
 15 2018-11-08T00:51:03  *** Ga1aCt1Cz00__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 16 2018-11-08T00:51:18  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
 17 2018-11-08T00:53:51  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 18 2018-11-08T00:54:11  *** Ga1aCt1Cz00_ has quit IRC
 19 2018-11-08T00:54:38  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 20 2018-11-08T00:59:26  *** Murch has quit IRC
 21 2018-11-08T01:20:49  *** jarthur has quit IRC
 22 2018-11-08T01:21:17  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2018-11-08T01:29:37  *** vefuwell has quit IRC
 24 2018-11-08T01:35:30  *** drexl has quit IRC
 25 2018-11-08T01:36:48  *** Zenton has quit IRC
 26 2018-11-08T01:36:57  *** Zenton has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 27 2018-11-08T01:37:04  *** promag has quit IRC
 28 2018-11-08T01:54:17  *** Deacyde has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 29 2018-11-08T02:03:02  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
 30 2018-11-08T02:04:07  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 31 2018-11-08T02:04:48  *** Deacyde has quit IRC
 32 2018-11-08T02:08:49  *** deaunapaul has quit IRC
 33 2018-11-08T02:08:49  *** recover_ has quit IRC
 34 2018-11-08T02:08:49  *** recover__ has quit IRC
 35 2018-11-08T02:08:49  *** recover has quit IRC
 36 2018-11-08T02:21:02  *** CodeBlue1776 has quit IRC
 37 2018-11-08T02:21:32  *** CodeBlue1776 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 38 2018-11-08T02:29:06  *** jarthur has quit IRC
 39 2018-11-08T02:29:49  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 40 2018-11-08T02:35:17  <sipa> \
 41 2018-11-08T02:37:01  <gwillen> /
 42 2018-11-08T02:39:45  <gmaxwell> O/
 43 2018-11-08T02:49:23  <luke-jr> =
 44 2018-11-08T02:53:21  <phantomcircuit> \/O/=
 45 2018-11-08T02:55:28  *** ezzzy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 46 2018-11-08T02:57:44  <luke-jr> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11082#issuecomment-436803389
 47 2018-11-08T03:00:03  *** ezzzy has quit IRC
 48 2018-11-08T03:31:42  *** [b__b] has quit IRC
 49 2018-11-08T04:18:02  *** Tralfaz has quit IRC
 50 2018-11-08T04:18:09  <mryandao> o.O
 51 2018-11-08T04:18:12  *** Tralfaz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 52 2018-11-08T04:28:07  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 53 2018-11-08T04:56:29  *** ezzzy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 54 2018-11-08T05:01:02  *** ezzzy has quit IRC
 55 2018-11-08T05:26:02  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
 56 2018-11-08T05:27:08  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 57 2018-11-08T05:28:48  *** ezzzy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 58 2018-11-08T05:33:30  *** ezzzy has quit IRC
 59 2018-11-08T05:34:54  *** ezzzy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 60 2018-11-08T05:39:56  *** ezzzy has quit IRC
 61 2018-11-08T05:40:11  *** jimpo_ has quit IRC
 62 2018-11-08T05:40:32  *** jimpo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 63 2018-11-08T05:41:13  *** CodeBlue1776 has quit IRC
 64 2018-11-08T05:41:49  *** CodeBlue1776 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 65 2018-11-08T06:01:13  *** ezzzy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 66 2018-11-08T06:05:30  *** ezzzy has quit IRC
 67 2018-11-08T06:06:41  *** bralyclow has quit IRC
 68 2018-11-08T06:31:21  *** Evel-Knievel has quit IRC
 69 2018-11-08T06:31:31  *** Evel-Knievel has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 70 2018-11-08T06:45:58  *** StopAndDecrypt has quit IRC
 71 2018-11-08T06:47:54  *** StopAndDecrypt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 72 2018-11-08T06:48:03  *** StopAndDecrypt has quit IRC
 73 2018-11-08T06:48:03  *** StopAndDecrypt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 74 2018-11-08T06:51:56  <jimpo> jamesob Hey, sorry, been busy recently. I just rebased #14121
 75 2018-11-08T06:51:59  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14121 | Index for BIP 157 block filters by jimpo · Pull Request #14121 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 76 2018-11-08T06:52:44  <jimpo> #14172 is a subset of that one which should be a pretty quick review (<100 lines)
 77 2018-11-08T06:52:45  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14172 | Refactor and add tests for BlockFilter construction by jimpo · Pull Request #14172 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 78 2018-11-08T07:11:46  *** bitconner has quit IRC
 79 2018-11-08T07:26:44  *** falcoman has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 80 2018-11-08T07:26:50  <falcoman> There is a community that driven project which is not doing any ICO
 81 2018-11-08T07:26:52  <falcoman> and has a big vision of eliminating poverty in the world by
 82 2018-11-08T07:26:56  <falcoman> providing everyone Basic Income.
 83 2018-11-08T07:26:58  <falcoman> Currently you can signup for their airdrop where you get 100 FREE
 84 2018-11-08T07:27:00  <falcoman> tokens daily and each token is valued by community at $1 so
 85 2018-11-08T07:27:02  <falcoman> basically $100 Free Daily Income
 86 2018-11-08T07:27:04  <falcoman> sign up here for free http://basicincome.network/mariaassunta
 87 2018-11-08T07:27:58  *** ChanServ sets mode: +o luke-jr
 88 2018-11-08T07:28:00  *** falcoman was kicked by luke-jr (User terminated!)
 89 2018-11-08T07:28:09  *** luke-jr sets mode: +b *!*@dynamic-adsl-78-13-44-22.clienti.tiscali.it
 90 2018-11-08T07:28:10  *** luke-jr sets mode: -o luke-jr
 91 2018-11-08T08:17:48  *** ezzzy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 92 2018-11-08T08:31:00  *** harrymm has quit IRC
 93 2018-11-08T08:31:37  *** jarthur has quit IRC
 94 2018-11-08T08:34:01  *** phwalkr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 95 2018-11-08T08:39:57  *** IGHOR has quit IRC
 96 2018-11-08T08:40:16  <meshcollider> luke-jr: you already have #14532 on high-priority, are you sure you're allowed another ;)
 97 2018-11-08T08:40:18  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14532 | Never bind INADDR_ANY by default, and warn when doing so explicitly by luke-jr · Pull Request #14532 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 98 2018-11-08T08:41:05  *** IGHOR has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 99 2018-11-08T08:44:25  *** harrymm has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
100 2018-11-08T08:46:42  <luke-jr> meshcollider: probably not, forgot about that one XD
101 2018-11-08T08:46:47  <luke-jr> guess it will have to wait
102 2018-11-08T08:46:51  <meshcollider> instagibbs: what do you mean by "xpub byte prefix mismatch" in the descriptor import PR? Mismatch with what?
103 2018-11-08T08:56:05  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
104 2018-11-08T09:01:24  *** setpill has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
105 2018-11-08T09:03:50  <sipa> meshcollider: i assume if you try a testnet xpub on mainnet etc
106 2018-11-08T09:09:05  *** belcher has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
107 2018-11-08T09:10:35  *** Thnhfntuntunut has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
108 2018-11-08T09:14:51  *** Thnhfntuntunut has quit IRC
109 2018-11-08T09:18:47  *** harrymm has quit IRC
110 2018-11-08T09:28:26  *** far has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
111 2018-11-08T09:30:15  *** far has quit IRC
112 2018-11-08T09:32:06  *** harrymm has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
113 2018-11-08T09:34:13  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
114 2018-11-08T09:36:04  *** wxss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
115 2018-11-08T09:44:53  *** JackH has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
116 2018-11-08T09:45:19  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
117 2018-11-08T10:06:46  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
118 2018-11-08T10:31:08  *** shesek has quit IRC
119 2018-11-08T10:31:33  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
120 2018-11-08T10:32:13  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
121 2018-11-08T10:37:31  *** jarthur has quit IRC
122 2018-11-08T10:39:56  *** spinza has quit IRC
123 2018-11-08T10:45:08  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
124 2018-11-08T10:58:27  *** shesek has quit IRC
125 2018-11-08T10:58:45  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
126 2018-11-08T11:16:35  *** e4xit has quit IRC
127 2018-11-08T11:35:48  *** spinza has quit IRC
128 2018-11-08T11:44:28  *** e4xit has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
129 2018-11-08T11:47:33  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
130 2018-11-08T11:54:03  *** spinza has quit IRC
131 2018-11-08T11:55:21  *** ken2812221 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
132 2018-11-08T11:59:31  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2018-11-08T12:05:16  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
134 2018-11-08T12:05:16  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] mruddy opened pull request #14687: zmq: enable tcp keepalive (master...zmq-keep-alive) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14687
135 2018-11-08T12:05:16  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
136 2018-11-08T12:06:29  *** kadich has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
137 2018-11-08T12:09:07  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2018-11-08T12:25:28  *** Ramis_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
139 2018-11-08T12:25:46  <Ramis_> Hello, nice to meet you all, i have a question, can someone tell me if i can change mycoin value from basecli ? i am learning tendermint so was wondering am i able to alter the value of my wallet without sending/receiving,without altering any file through the basecli command is it possible ?
140 2018-11-08T12:30:44  *** _cryptosignal_me has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
141 2018-11-08T12:30:54  <_cryptosignal_me> Hello Everybody
142 2018-11-08T12:32:22  <_cryptosignal_me> aj
143 2018-11-08T12:33:26  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
144 2018-11-08T12:33:43  *** shesek has quit IRC
145 2018-11-08T12:36:21  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
146 2018-11-08T12:36:21  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
147 2018-11-08T12:38:16  *** jarthur has quit IRC
148 2018-11-08T12:40:01  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
149 2018-11-08T12:41:33  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
150 2018-11-08T12:43:08  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
151 2018-11-08T12:44:02  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
152 2018-11-08T12:44:03  *** promag has quit IRC
153 2018-11-08T12:45:09  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
154 2018-11-08T12:45:16  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
155 2018-11-08T12:46:32  *** shesek has quit IRC
156 2018-11-08T12:46:49  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
157 2018-11-08T12:46:58  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
158 2018-11-08T12:46:58  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
159 2018-11-08T12:47:13  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
160 2018-11-08T12:48:21  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
161 2018-11-08T12:48:29  *** timothy has quit IRC
162 2018-11-08T12:48:48  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
163 2018-11-08T12:50:19  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
164 2018-11-08T12:56:37  *** luke-jr has quit IRC
165 2018-11-08T12:57:20  *** luke-jr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
166 2018-11-08T12:58:20  *** Ramis_ has quit IRC
167 2018-11-08T13:05:59  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
168 2018-11-08T13:08:07  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
169 2018-11-08T13:13:24  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
170 2018-11-08T13:15:27  *** timothy has quit IRC
171 2018-11-08T13:27:41  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
172 2018-11-08T13:31:55  *** josephnicholas has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
173 2018-11-08T13:37:36  *** shesek has quit IRC
174 2018-11-08T13:40:25  *** JackH has quit IRC
175 2018-11-08T13:45:57  *** josephnicholas has quit IRC
176 2018-11-08T13:51:14  <instagibbs> sipa, right, xpub vs tpub
177 2018-11-08T13:51:42  <instagibbs> see https://github.com/achow101/HWI/pull/47#issuecomment-436800857
178 2018-11-08T13:55:41  *** ken2812221 has quit IRC
179 2018-11-08T13:55:51  *** josephnicholas has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
180 2018-11-08T14:00:42  *** josephnicholas has quit IRC
181 2018-11-08T14:02:01  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
182 2018-11-08T14:02:01  *** wxss has quit IRC
183 2018-11-08T14:02:01  *** Evel-Knievel has quit IRC
184 2018-11-08T14:02:01  *** jimpo has quit IRC
185 2018-11-08T14:02:02  *** dqx has quit IRC
186 2018-11-08T14:02:02  *** instagibbs has quit IRC
187 2018-11-08T14:02:02  *** niska has quit IRC
188 2018-11-08T14:02:02  *** booyah has quit IRC
189 2018-11-08T14:02:02  *** cryptapus has quit IRC
190 2018-11-08T14:02:02  *** tripleslash has quit IRC
191 2018-11-08T14:02:02  *** gwillen has quit IRC
192 2018-11-08T14:02:02  *** roasbeef has quit IRC
193 2018-11-08T14:02:02  *** davec has quit IRC
194 2018-11-08T14:02:02  *** so has quit IRC
195 2018-11-08T14:02:02  *** opdenkamp has quit IRC
196 2018-11-08T14:02:02  *** treyzania has quit IRC
197 2018-11-08T14:02:09  *** roasbeef_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
198 2018-11-08T14:02:14  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
199 2018-11-08T14:02:15  *** treyzania has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
200 2018-11-08T14:02:22  *** wxss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
201 2018-11-08T14:02:22  *** Evel-Knievel has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
202 2018-11-08T14:02:40  *** cryptapus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
203 2018-11-08T14:02:44  *** opdenkamp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
204 2018-11-08T14:02:52  *** gwollon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
205 2018-11-08T14:03:11  *** booyah has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
206 2018-11-08T14:03:15  *** opdenkamp has quit IRC
207 2018-11-08T14:03:15  *** opdenkamp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
208 2018-11-08T14:03:17  *** cryptapus has quit IRC
209 2018-11-08T14:03:18  *** cryptapus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
210 2018-11-08T14:03:20  *** niska has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
211 2018-11-08T14:03:45  *** instagibbs has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
212 2018-11-08T14:04:04  *** tripleslash has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
213 2018-11-08T14:04:31  *** so has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
214 2018-11-08T14:04:34  *** jimpo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
215 2018-11-08T14:06:12  *** dlerario has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
216 2018-11-08T14:06:27  *** josephnicholas has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
217 2018-11-08T14:06:44  *** CodeBlue1776 has quit IRC
218 2018-11-08T14:07:06  *** CodeBlue1776 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
219 2018-11-08T14:07:26  *** dqx has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
220 2018-11-08T14:07:47  *** josephnicholas has quit IRC
221 2018-11-08T14:11:50  *** josephnicholas has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
222 2018-11-08T14:12:44  *** as1nc has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
223 2018-11-08T14:14:34  *** josephnicholas has quit IRC
224 2018-11-08T14:15:01  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
225 2018-11-08T14:19:48  *** justan0theruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
226 2018-11-08T14:23:34  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
227 2018-11-08T14:23:35  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] harding opened pull request #14688: Doc: update release notes for changes since 0.17.0 branch (master...2018-11-release-notes) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14688
228 2018-11-08T14:23:35  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
229 2018-11-08T14:24:28  *** josephnicholas has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
230 2018-11-08T14:29:28  *** josephnicholas has quit IRC
231 2018-11-08T14:31:35  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
232 2018-11-08T14:34:17  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
233 2018-11-08T14:37:40  *** josephnicholas has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
234 2018-11-08T14:38:44  *** jarthur has quit IRC
235 2018-11-08T14:39:04  *** josephnicholas has quit IRC
236 2018-11-08T14:55:55  *** _cryptosignal_me has quit IRC
237 2018-11-08T14:56:07  *** timothy has quit IRC
238 2018-11-08T15:00:37  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
239 2018-11-08T15:01:13  *** _cryptosignal_me has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
240 2018-11-08T15:05:15  *** setpill has quit IRC
241 2018-11-08T15:06:52  *** harding has quit IRC
242 2018-11-08T15:07:51  *** harding has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
243 2018-11-08T15:15:27  *** _cryptosignal_me has quit IRC
244 2018-11-08T15:15:35  *** _cryptosignal_me has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
245 2018-11-08T15:16:44  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
246 2018-11-08T15:16:44  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 opened pull request #14689: Require a public key to be retrieved when signing a P2PKH input (master...fix-pkh-pubkeys) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14689
247 2018-11-08T15:16:44  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
248 2018-11-08T15:17:01  <achow101> instagibbs: provoostenator: ^
249 2018-11-08T15:19:16  *** _cryptosignal_me has quit IRC
250 2018-11-08T15:19:30  *** _cryptosignal_me has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
251 2018-11-08T15:23:44  *** michaelsdunn1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
252 2018-11-08T15:26:01  *** bralyclow has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
253 2018-11-08T15:31:17  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
254 2018-11-08T15:31:46  <promag> jonasschnelli: are you still working on #7949?
255 2018-11-08T15:31:49  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/7949 | [RPC] Add RPC long poll notifications by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #7949 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
256 2018-11-08T15:32:03  <promag> or plan to?
257 2018-11-08T15:37:13  <jamesob> Hey, you around?
258 2018-11-08T15:37:22  <jamesob> oops - wrong window :)
259 2018-11-08T15:42:48  *** promag has quit IRC
260 2018-11-08T15:44:48  *** Tralfaz has quit IRC
261 2018-11-08T15:45:40  *** as1nc has quit IRC
262 2018-11-08T15:45:51  *** ricardobessa has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
263 2018-11-08T15:46:19  *** as1nc has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
264 2018-11-08T15:47:07  *** _cryptosignal_me has quit IRC
265 2018-11-08T16:00:39  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
266 2018-11-08T16:03:04  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
267 2018-11-08T16:04:19  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
268 2018-11-08T16:05:00  *** ezzzy has quit IRC
269 2018-11-08T16:09:07  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
270 2018-11-08T16:09:07  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] conscott opened pull request #14691: Speedup feature_pruning test and refactor big transaction logic (master...2018_11_opreturn_splices) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14691
271 2018-11-08T16:09:07  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
272 2018-11-08T16:16:34  *** _cryptosignal_me has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
273 2018-11-08T16:28:54  *** phwalkr has quit IRC
274 2018-11-08T16:29:27  *** phwalkr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
275 2018-11-08T16:32:25  *** drexl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
276 2018-11-08T16:32:55  *** belcher has quit IRC
277 2018-11-08T16:34:04  *** phwalkr has quit IRC
278 2018-11-08T16:35:19  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
279 2018-11-08T16:38:30  *** JackH has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
280 2018-11-08T16:39:41  *** jarthur has quit IRC
281 2018-11-08T16:51:16  *** as1nc has quit IRC
282 2018-11-08T16:52:09  *** ezzzy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
283 2018-11-08T16:55:12  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
284 2018-11-08T16:59:39  *** jarthur has quit IRC
285 2018-11-08T17:05:11  *** dlerario has quit IRC
286 2018-11-08T17:11:23  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
287 2018-11-08T17:15:18  *** ken2812221 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
288 2018-11-08T17:17:08  *** _cryptosignal_me has quit IRC
289 2018-11-08T17:17:46  *** mistergold has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
290 2018-11-08T17:25:18  *** justan0theruser has quit IRC
291 2018-11-08T17:29:53  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
292 2018-11-08T17:31:29  <provoostenator> Drahbot says "The following sections might be updated with supplementary metadata" -> "No conflicts as of last run"
293 2018-11-08T17:31:45  <provoostenator> Maybe it should hold off on posting its first comment until there's something to say?
294 2018-11-08T17:38:54  *** ExtraCrispy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
295 2018-11-08T17:40:28  *** justan0theruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
296 2018-11-08T17:42:43  *** dlerario has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
297 2018-11-08T17:51:04  *** dlerario has quit IRC
298 2018-11-08T17:53:47  *** Tralfaz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
299 2018-11-08T17:58:29  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
300 2018-11-08T17:58:30  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/e52781067bb4...e70a19e7132d
301 2018-11-08T17:58:30  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa4da3c MarcoFalke: [doc] conf: Remove deprecated options from docs, Other cleanup...
302 2018-11-08T17:58:31  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e70a19e MarcoFalke: Merge #14684: [doc] conf: Remove deprecated options from docs, Other cleanup...
303 2018-11-08T17:58:31  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
304 2018-11-08T17:59:34  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
305 2018-11-08T17:59:34  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #14684: [doc] conf: Remove deprecated options from docs, Other cleanup (master...Mf1609-trivialPre14) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14684
306 2018-11-08T17:59:34  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
307 2018-11-08T18:01:37  <esotericnonsense> promag: hmm. it seems to me like what should probably happen is rip out zmq and replace it with that. it feels bizarre to have multiple notification mechanisms.
308 2018-11-08T18:02:34  <esotericnonsense> the 'subscribe/unsubscribe' layer also feels like perhaps making RPC more complex/stateful than it needs to be, if this is someone's specific use case can't they just do it?
309 2018-11-08T18:02:36  *** jarthur has quit IRC
310 2018-11-08T18:02:46  <promag> I don't think we should throw away zmq though
311 2018-11-08T18:02:48  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
312 2018-11-08T18:03:02  <esotericnonsense> i'll be looking in to this stuff a bit in the next few days I think, but I suspect what I'll be doing is just using the existing mechanisms through a proxy
313 2018-11-08T18:03:42  <esotericnonsense> i.e. you have bitcoind <-> bitcoind-api-i-actually-want-for-my-program <-> consumer(s)
314 2018-11-08T18:04:10  <esotericnonsense> promag: neither do I, actually I think it should just go through zmq :P
315 2018-11-08T18:04:36  <esotericnonsense> (e.g. in the hashtx hashblock case - just write another thing that does it)
316 2018-11-08T18:04:50  <sipa> but ZMQ is unreliable?
317 2018-11-08T18:05:19  <esotericnonsense> lol
318 2018-11-08T18:05:22  * esotericnonsense has deja vu
319 2018-11-08T18:05:46  <esotericnonsense> i feel like the last time I was here something like a year ago we had the same discussion and sequence numbers and other solutions came up
320 2018-11-08T18:05:53  <sipa> hah
321 2018-11-08T18:06:06  <esotericnonsense> the whole thing very much feels like a "who actually wants to use this" thing
322 2018-11-08T18:06:23  <esotericnonsense> i.e. if you have a use case for it, implement it
323 2018-11-08T18:07:07  <promag> I just asked if jonasschnelli was planning to update his PR :P
324 2018-11-08T18:07:26  <esotericnonsense> hehe
325 2018-11-08T18:08:14  <esotericnonsense> if I actually get to the point of my RPC proxy being usable it might be informative, because it does look like at the moment I might end up just using every different RPC interface together and combining them all into a rest api
326 2018-11-08T18:08:48  <esotericnonsense> but I'm kind of lazy and would probably just hack around weirdnesses in bitcoind rather than fix them (because I don't actually know what a fix looks like for anyone other than me)
327 2018-11-08T18:10:22  *** timothy has quit IRC
328 2018-11-08T18:13:56  *** dlerario has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
329 2018-11-08T18:16:12  *** promag has quit IRC
330 2018-11-08T18:18:45  <ezzzy> would you people suggest en.bitcoin.it or bitcoin.org as a reference for the protocol (for client implementors)?
331 2018-11-08T18:21:36  <esotericnonsense> ezzzy: for the p2p protocol I'd suggest the code itself since any re-implementation has a hard requirement of being bug-for-bug compatible
332 2018-11-08T18:22:49  <sipa> esotericnonsense: only if you reimplement consensus rules (which I'd advise against)
333 2018-11-08T18:23:03  <sipa> but implementing the P2P protocol... follow the bitcoin.org developer docs
334 2018-11-08T18:23:24  <MarcoFalke> [12:31] <provoostenator> Maybe it should hold off on posting its first comment until there's something to say?
335 2018-11-08T18:23:31  <ezzzy> this is for educational purposes so I'd like to reimplement the consensus rules too
336 2018-11-08T18:23:35  <MarcoFalke> I have the feeling this is going back and forth
337 2018-11-08T18:23:50  <sipa> ezzzy: what do you hope to learn? all the nitty details of exactly which opcode does what?
338 2018-11-08T18:24:11  <MarcoFalke> But since GitHub will update the most recently changed when someone edits a comment I think I can change it back to only create the comment when there is information
339 2018-11-08T18:24:14  <sipa> my personal belief is that contributing to an existing project is a far more useful learning experience
340 2018-11-08T18:24:55  <MarcoFalke> Also: 6:21 PM ( Time in Reykjavík, Iceland )
341 2018-11-08T18:25:33  <instagibbs> what is the meeting time again, in Reyk time
342 2018-11-08T18:26:50  <sipa> Meeting in half an hour.
343 2018-11-08T18:28:10  <sipa> that's the email presumably? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrZpk4JWkAALYK4.jpg:large
344 2018-11-08T18:28:17  <sipa> oops, wrong window
345 2018-11-08T18:28:32  <instagibbs> and the wallet meeting?
346 2018-11-08T18:28:42  <sipa> instagibbs: every two weeks
347 2018-11-08T18:28:48  <sipa> 24 hours after the other one
348 2018-11-08T18:28:56  <sipa> this week there is not one
349 2018-11-08T18:29:11  <ezzzy> sipa: I think there's a lot to learn in the process since it involves cryptography, network protocols, p2p, databases, testing all of the above etc.
350 2018-11-08T18:29:37  <sipa> ezzzy: well, good luck :)
351 2018-11-08T18:29:43  <ezzzy> thx :)
352 2018-11-08T18:32:20  <sipa> instagibbs: so 7 pm UTC
353 2018-11-08T18:32:25  <sipa> is the meeting time always
354 2018-11-08T18:33:57  *** shesek has quit IRC
355 2018-11-08T18:38:04  <ezzzy> do you suggest using testnet or is there better alternatives for testing new implementations?
356 2018-11-08T18:39:22  <sipa> ezzzy: off topic here, as this channel is about bitcoin core specifically, but you may find help on https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com
357 2018-11-08T18:39:50  <ezzzy> cool, thx
358 2018-11-08T18:46:27  <MarcoFalke> #14437 has some conflicts (none with high priority), so I'd like to merge it after maybe 1-2 more reviews before it gets stale again
359 2018-11-08T18:46:29  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14437 | Refactor: Start to separate wallet from node by ryanofsky · Pull Request #14437 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
360 2018-11-08T19:00:02  <sipa> meetime?
361 2018-11-08T19:00:04  <wumpus> #startmeeting
362 2018-11-08T19:00:04  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Nov  8 19:00:04 2018 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
363 2018-11-08T19:00:04  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
364 2018-11-08T19:00:08  *** grafcaps has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
365 2018-11-08T19:00:17  <provoostenator> hi
366 2018-11-08T19:00:19  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr btcdrak sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator
367 2018-11-08T19:00:25  <instagibbs> hi
368 2018-11-08T19:00:47  <wumpus> topic proposals?
369 2018-11-08T19:01:12  <sipa> suggested topic: utility vs rpc? (#14671)
370 2018-11-08T19:01:14  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14671 | Utility to replace RPC calls that dont need wallet or chain context · Issue #14671 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
371 2018-11-08T19:01:23  <achow101> hi
372 2018-11-08T19:01:29  <wumpus> yes that's a good one, that comes up very often
373 2018-11-08T19:02:02  <luke-jr> preferably a separate repo entirely IMO
374 2018-11-08T19:02:03  <sipa> suggested topic: [RFC] for future of RNG #14623
375 2018-11-08T19:02:04  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14623 | [RFC] Built-in RNG design · Issue #14623 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
376 2018-11-08T19:02:05  <meshcollider> hi
377 2018-11-08T19:02:38  <wumpus> #topic high priority for review
378 2018-11-08T19:02:44  <phantomcircuit> hi
379 2018-11-08T19:02:56  <wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8 anything to add or remove?
380 2018-11-08T19:03:14  <wumpus> luke-jr achow101 phantomcircuit sipa ryanofsky currently have open PRs there
381 2018-11-08T19:03:15  <provoostenator> Some of the hardware wallet support would be nice to add, e.g. the overhaul PR by sipa.
382 2018-11-08T19:03:27  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
383 2018-11-08T19:03:31  <luke-jr> well, I rebased rwconf (#11082), but now #14532 is in the way :x
384 2018-11-08T19:03:33  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11082 | Add new bitcoin_rw.conf file that is used for settings modified by this software itself by luke-jr · Pull Request #11082 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
385 2018-11-08T19:03:35  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14532 | Never bind INADDR_ANY by default, and warn when doing so explicitly by luke-jr · Pull Request #14532 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
386 2018-11-08T19:03:39  <wumpus> he already has #14477
387 2018-11-08T19:03:40  *** gwollon is now known as gwillen
388 2018-11-08T19:03:41  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14477 | Add ability to convert solvability info to descriptor by sipa · Pull Request #14477 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
389 2018-11-08T19:03:54  <provoostenator> luke-jr I'll review that one soonish, as well as rebase my work on top of it.
390 2018-11-08T19:04:01  <sipa> i think of my PRs, 14646 is probably blocking more
391 2018-11-08T19:04:16  <sipa> #14646
392 2018-11-08T19:04:18  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14646 | Add expansion cache functions to descriptors (unused for now) by sipa · Pull Request #14646 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
393 2018-11-08T19:04:18  <wumpus> ok, will replace it
394 2018-11-08T19:04:25  <phantomcircuit> sdaftuar found a bug in #14336 on os x (which i think is fixed now), think it needs some more testing there
395 2018-11-08T19:04:28  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14336 | net: implement poll by pstratem · Pull Request #14336 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
396 2018-11-08T19:04:44  <sipa> wumpus: thanks
397 2018-11-08T19:04:44  <promag> hi
398 2018-11-08T19:05:14  <jnewbery> hi
399 2018-11-08T19:05:18  <wumpus> #action test PR 14336 on OSX
400 2018-11-08T19:06:05  <wumpus> anything else?
401 2018-11-08T19:06:55  <promag> wumpus: 13501
402 2018-11-08T19:06:58  <wumpus> ok, time for next topic I guess
403 2018-11-08T19:07:14  <wumpus> #13501
404 2018-11-08T19:07:16  <instagibbs> not exactly a topic, but ##hwi in case people want to contribute to or lurk hww support work
405 2018-11-08T19:07:18  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13501 | ~~Correctly~~ terminate HTTP server by promag · Pull Request #13501 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
406 2018-11-08T19:07:45  <wumpus> #action join ##hwi to contribute to or lurk hardware wallet support work
407 2018-11-08T19:07:48  <promag> ops not that
408 2018-11-08T19:07:58  <promag> #14670
409 2018-11-08T19:08:00  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14670 | http: Fix HTTP server shutdown by promag · Pull Request #14670 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
410 2018-11-08T19:08:06  <meshcollider> Quick topic: EOL date for 0.15 https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoincore.org/pull/630
411 2018-11-08T19:08:19  <wumpus> ok added
412 2018-11-08T19:08:28  *** Krellan has quit IRC
413 2018-11-08T19:08:40  <wumpus> #topic RPC or utility?
414 2018-11-08T19:08:48  <sipa> provoostenator, MarcoFalke ^
415 2018-11-08T19:08:52  <MarcoFalke> Just to repeat my latest comment there: Many users already have bitcoind running and don't care about performance, so I don't see why we'd want to stop providing utility functions for them.
416 2018-11-08T19:08:59  <wumpus> most recently this came up in #14667
417 2018-11-08T19:09:00  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14667 | Add deriveaddress RPC util method by Sjors · Pull Request #14667 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
418 2018-11-08T19:09:01  <MarcoFalke> If we want to (in addition) provide a high-performance library or executable for those functions, that seems partly orthogonal. And maybe even out of scope for our project?
419 2018-11-08T19:09:09  <achow101> why not both?
420 2018-11-08T19:09:15  <promag> +1 achow101
421 2018-11-08T19:09:17  <wumpus> and  #14476
422 2018-11-08T19:09:20  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14476 | RPC method encodescript by mrwhythat · Pull Request #14476 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
423 2018-11-08T19:09:30  <wumpus> achow101: it complicates bitcoind, more code to maintain, more API to support
424 2018-11-08T19:09:35  <MarcoFalke> achow101: Sure, but has a bit of maintanence overhead
425 2018-11-08T19:09:36  <instagibbs> are existing utils well-tested and used?
426 2018-11-08T19:09:37  <provoostenator> I agree that performance really isn't an issue for at least some users. There's a reason people run NodeJS :-)
427 2018-11-08T19:09:40  <promag> bitcoin-qt already exposes RPC functionality without network overhead
428 2018-11-08T19:09:43  <wumpus> more testing as well; API coverage is not free
429 2018-11-08T19:10:04  <wumpus> I don't think performance is the only consideration
430 2018-11-08T19:10:14  <sipa> wumpus: but what about code that we already have, which can be used to implement a useful function, but would require a lot of work to reimplement elsewhere?
431 2018-11-08T19:10:33  <wumpus> sipa: it removes the flexibility to change that code later I guess
432 2018-11-08T19:10:34  <luke-jr> preferably a separate repo entirely IMO
433 2018-11-08T19:10:38  <sipa> say, signing PSBT with a descriptor
434 2018-11-08T19:10:40  <MarcoFalke> Also, I guess there'd be design tradeoffs that make the library/executable usable by some and not by others, so maybe just too much to worry about for us?
435 2018-11-08T19:11:06  <provoostenator> I think there's two seperate questions: 1) do we want a sep. utility 2) do we want to deprecate /  stop adding that stuff to the RPC
436 2018-11-08T19:11:24  <sipa> descriptors are a bitcoin core specific thing (at least for now), it would be trivial amount of code to implement given the existing infrastructure, but a lot of work to do elsewhere
437 2018-11-08T19:11:26  <jnewbery> I think having duplicate code that does basically the same thing can be problematic. We've already had issues where bitcoin-tx has fallen out of sync with the equivalent RPC methods.
438 2018-11-08T19:11:30  <provoostenator> I would say (1) would be nice in general, even in a seperate repo. I'm a bit reluctant about (2) for reasons Marco pointed to.
439 2018-11-08T19:11:31  <wumpus> I mean obviously the ship to have bitcoind be a minimal consensus node implementation sailed, but I'm not sure we should be tacking on more that *could* be implemented outside it and is independent on any node functionality
440 2018-11-08T19:11:39  <MarcoFalke> 2) NACK on stop adding utility to RPC
441 2018-11-08T19:11:51  <wumpus> but I'm sure this is pointless for me to argue
442 2018-11-08T19:11:53  <promag> also nack 2
443 2018-11-08T19:11:56  <wumpus> so do whatever you want..
444 2018-11-08T19:12:08  <phantomcircuit> MarcoFalke, most of the utility like things can trivially be RPC and some utility binary
445 2018-11-08T19:12:35  <MarcoFalke> For 1) it is not even clear if it should be a util binary or a util library
446 2018-11-08T19:12:36  <phantomcircuit> it's quite a nuisance to implement lots of things as another project, if only because of serialization stuff
447 2018-11-08T19:12:41  <provoostenator> It would be good to have a _generic_ way to map utility functions to RPC functions, so that it's easy to keep well tested.
448 2018-11-08T19:12:44  <luke-jr> MarcoFalke: library +  utility
449 2018-11-08T19:12:51  <luke-jr> MarcoFalke: see libbase58 for example
450 2018-11-08T19:12:54  <provoostenator> Right now every RPC is bespoke.
451 2018-11-08T19:13:10  <esotericnonsense> butting in. this is more of a wallet vs node implementation thing than a RPC vs node thing, right.
452 2018-11-08T19:13:36  <sipa> esotericnonsense: we're talking about RPCs that don't need a wallet or node/chainstate/blocks
453 2018-11-08T19:13:41  <phantomcircuit> esotericnonsense, there's lots of non-wallet utility rpc's
454 2018-11-08T19:13:57  <MarcoFalke> Neither wallet, nore node, since both have state. We are talking about stateless util functions
455 2018-11-08T19:14:01  <esotericnonsense> sure, i suppose what i'm saying is that they're more wallet-like than node-like (if they deal with transactions, signing, etc)
456 2018-11-08T19:14:11  <sipa> esotericnonsense: maybe
457 2018-11-08T19:14:16  <wumpus> maybe, but AFAIK they're also enabled with the wallet disabled
458 2018-11-08T19:14:31  <wumpus> always compiled in
459 2018-11-08T19:14:32  <sipa> decodescript is pretty independent of anything
460 2018-11-08T19:14:40  <wumpus> yes
461 2018-11-08T19:14:43  <MarcoFalke> say, decoding a transactions, has nothing to do with wallet imo
462 2018-11-08T19:15:11  <esotericnonsense> longer term if the wallet and node become more 'split out' then it seems like you're going to have a whole bunch of wallet rpc's build up over time that aren't relevant for the node, it seems unavoidable
463 2018-11-08T19:15:12  <wumpus> I don't think the current ones should be removed, but i'm not sure about adding new ones
464 2018-11-08T19:15:26  <MarcoFalke> We don't talk about keystore or "chainstore" rn
465 2018-11-08T19:15:35  <sipa> esotericnonsense: i really think you're talking about something else
466 2018-11-08T19:15:36  <achow101> I would rather that it not be separated into a separate repo. a big reason for me to have utility functions in core is that most of the framework for doing something is already there. in a separate repo, you have to reimplement stuff like serializations, etc. which is a major pain in the ass
467 2018-11-08T19:15:36  <esotericnonsense> (agree that decodescript doesn't really belong in either)
468 2018-11-08T19:15:58  <wumpus> achow101: if only those parts of core were available as a library heh...
469 2018-11-08T19:16:17  *** retrop99 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
470 2018-11-08T19:16:18  <sipa> i think that bitcoin core, for better or worse, implements certain featuresets - and it makes sense to implement those features completely, even if some are stateless
471 2018-11-08T19:16:33  <sipa> that doesn't mean we should add arbitrary utilities because they may be useful for something
472 2018-11-08T19:16:39  <wumpus> sometimes seems we're using RPC to compensate for the fact there's no library or API separation
473 2018-11-08T19:16:43  <esotericnonsense> i think provoostenator's point about RPC being non-automated is interesting
474 2018-11-08T19:16:44  <esotericnonsense> yes
475 2018-11-08T19:17:04  <sipa> i don't really care for decodescript being in our codebase really - it's trivial to do anywhere
476 2018-11-08T19:17:06  <luke-jr> bitcoin-cli add 1 2
477 2018-11-08T19:17:16  <wumpus> things that have no state don't need *remote* procedure calls
478 2018-11-08T19:17:18  <esotericnonsense> like effectively a lot of RPC's are just a wrapper over a raw function call, but with the "stable ABI" pushed outwards a bit
479 2018-11-08T19:17:19  <sipa> but signrawtransaction makes perfect sense, as we offer raw transaction functionality
480 2018-11-08T19:17:28  <provoostenator> luke-jr yes, so we can claim that Bitcoin Core is turning complete :-P
481 2018-11-08T19:17:37  <esotericnonsense> luke-jr: bitcoin-cli 1 2 add surely. RPN-RPC.
482 2018-11-08T19:18:22  <instagibbs> We already kind of have frozen random util addition, I think?
483 2018-11-08T19:18:46  <sipa> instagibbs: yes, there has been sort of a policy like that for a while
484 2018-11-08T19:18:47  <phantomcircuit> wumpus, we definitely use the rpc stuff to compensate for there not being a good library
485 2018-11-08T19:18:49  <wumpus> instagibbs: that was the idea! but recently a few new PRs have been opened in that regard which prompted this discussion
486 2018-11-08T19:18:50  <luke-jr> instagibbs: I thought so, but I think I've seen more going in since then -.-
487 2018-11-08T19:19:04  <wumpus> and apparently it's still controversial
488 2018-11-08T19:19:10  <luke-jr> maybe just saw PRs, perhaps not going in
489 2018-11-08T19:19:15  <provoostenator> Lots of folks us a microservices like architecture, wher eyou have bunch of applications on seperate servers talking to eachother. RPC is useful for that, but less so once there are enough libraries that can replace it.
490 2018-11-08T19:19:16  <instagibbs> luke-jr, for example? the ones I've suggested have gone nowhere :P
491 2018-11-08T19:19:19  <instagibbs> ah ok
492 2018-11-08T19:19:22  <instagibbs> fair enough
493 2018-11-08T19:19:29  <provoostenator> So I agree with wumpus that it's paritally a chicken egg thing
494 2018-11-08T19:19:36  <wumpus> provoostenator: that RPC is useful is not the discussion, does it need to be in bitcoin core!
495 2018-11-08T19:19:54  <wumpus> we can't add everything that is useful
496 2018-11-08T19:20:00  <wumpus> that's infinite scope creep
497 2018-11-08T19:20:03  <provoostenator> Of course
498 2018-11-08T19:20:09  <sipa> absolutely
499 2018-11-08T19:20:18  <gwillen> for utility stuff that doesn't go in bitcoin core, is there some way to make it available to end-users who are not developers?
500 2018-11-08T19:20:23  <gwillen> e.g. a library doesn't really help them
501 2018-11-08T19:20:33  <luke-jr> gwillen: can you give an example?
502 2018-11-08T19:20:34  <wumpus> gwillen: you could make your own RPC server, btcutilityd, or so
503 2018-11-08T19:20:35  <gwillen> unless there's a utility wrapper around it that also ships with core
504 2018-11-08T19:20:37  <phantomcircuit> gwillen, see bitcoin-tx
505 2018-11-08T19:20:46  <wumpus> it could be completely separate from bitcoin core
506 2018-11-08T19:20:49  <wumpus> as it shares not state
507 2018-11-08T19:20:50  <esotericnonsense> gwillen: it's sort of what I've been doing in my projects, but it's not public
508 2018-11-08T19:20:51  <sipa> gwillen: i think wumpus' argument is not having such things in our codebase entirely
509 2018-11-08T19:20:58  <luke-jr> gwillen: libraries should have wrappers for shell scripts to use them, but having trouble seeing a case where a real end user would need such things
510 2018-11-08T19:20:59  <sipa> not just not exposing it over RPC
511 2018-11-08T19:21:11  *** irc_viewer_test has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
512 2018-11-08T19:21:19  <provoostenator> Right, so a seperate utility repo could also include an RPC wrapper.
513 2018-11-08T19:21:22  <esotericnonsense> or rather, it's "public" as in it's OSS/free software, but it's not marketed or known or anything (I expect there's a lot of stuff out there like this)
514 2018-11-08T19:21:39  <luke-jr> if people really need RPC, let someone do a RPC-to-exec server :/
515 2018-11-08T19:21:58  <wumpus> I'm just trying to prevent the codebase complicating even more, I mean, I think we should focus on consensus issues in bitcoin core, it's hard enough
516 2018-11-08T19:22:04  <luke-jr> +1
517 2018-11-08T19:22:08  <phantomcircuit> wumpus, agreed
518 2018-11-08T19:22:15  <phantomcircuit> so anyways
519 2018-11-08T19:22:15  <phantomcircuit> sipa, suggest changing the GetRandBytes functions to GetWeakRandBytes to make it more obvious, maybe
520 2018-11-08T19:22:16  <gwillen> I don't think RPC is necessary for quick utilities with no state, but I do think commandline is necessary
521 2018-11-08T19:22:20  <gwillen> versus just a library
522 2018-11-08T19:22:21  <sipa> wumpus: so, just to gauge your opinion here, imagine we didn't have any raw transaction or PSBT functionality included, and it is being added now; would you argue for only having signrawtransactionwithwallet, but say signrawtransactionwithkey needs to be implemented elsewhere, even though it shares 95% of the code?
523 2018-11-08T19:22:45  <luke-jr> gwillen: https://github.com/bitcoin/libbase58/blob/master/clitool.c
524 2018-11-08T19:23:09  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
525 2018-11-08T19:23:30  <provoostenator> I thikn that's reasonable actually. Especially considering that the _wallet_ could also be split out at some distant future.
526 2018-11-08T19:23:34  <luke-jr> sipa: IMO, ideally we'd abstract that code into a library itself, and use it in Core
527 2018-11-08T19:23:41  <wumpus> sipa: sure, it's always possible to argue some grey area where it seems harmless to add because it's only a small difference, maybe that would be ok, just not complicated things that we don't use otherwise
528 2018-11-08T19:23:42  <luke-jr> or rather, use it in "wallet split out of Core"
529 2018-11-08T19:23:44  <sipa> luke-jr: agree, but that's a separate discussion
530 2018-11-08T19:24:14  <provoostenator> The number of RPC methods that would be left if we strip out utilities and the wallet would be nice and small.
531 2018-11-08T19:24:20  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
532 2018-11-08T19:24:26  <sipa> wumpus: my point here is that the "feature creep" is in deciding whether to have raw transaction support or not; the fact that part of the necessary RPC calls happen to be stateless isn't
533 2018-11-08T19:24:45  <wumpus> I'm not arguing to remove the current ones or so, just prevent an onslaught of new ones
534 2018-11-08T19:24:58  <sipa> (this is also orthogonal to whether it should be implemented as RPC or separate utility; i'm just discussing having the functionality somewhere in our codebase)
535 2018-11-08T19:25:17  <gwillen> note also, as someone doing development on the GUI right now, that the GUI might reasonably need utilities that don't touch the wallet
536 2018-11-08T19:25:28  <provoostenator> (by strip out I just mean not adding more than we already have, only deprecating if they become a problem)
537 2018-11-08T19:25:38  <gwillen> unless the goal for the GUI also is to be functionally minimal, which I don't think i tis
538 2018-11-08T19:25:51  <wumpus> if only the GUI needs it, it could be a library at the GUI side
539 2018-11-08T19:26:21  <luke-jr> gwillen: I think the goal is to split the GUI out too, but in the meantime, I see your point
540 2018-11-08T19:26:52  <wumpus> so maybe it's better to discuss per PR
541 2018-11-08T19:27:28  <sipa> wumpus: say for example, if somewhere were to propose a set of RPCs just to do script debugging, fully stateless, I would nack that - there is no reason for that to be in core
542 2018-11-08T19:27:46  <wumpus> say, deriveaddress seems small and is only using what is already in the code base: #14667
543 2018-11-08T19:27:48  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14667 | Add deriveaddress RPC util method by Sjors · Pull Request #14667 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
544 2018-11-08T19:28:26  <sipa> right; i think deriveaddress is a very natural part of "supporting output descriptors"
545 2018-11-08T19:28:44  <luke-jr> sipa: script debugging is a libbitcoinconsensus thing
546 2018-11-08T19:28:53  <sipa> luke-jr: i very strongly disagree :)
547 2018-11-08T19:29:08  <luke-jr> sipa: it's inherently part of consensus code
548 2018-11-08T19:29:11  <sipa> (but that's also another discussion, i think; i was just giving an example)
549 2018-11-08T19:29:16  <luke-jr> true
550 2018-11-08T19:29:21  <wumpus> but I guess 'encodescript' (#14476) is more controversial
551 2018-11-08T19:29:24  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14476 | RPC method encodescript by mrwhythat · Pull Request #14476 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
552 2018-11-08T19:29:41  <wumpus> luke-jr: no, debugging does not belong in consensus
553 2018-11-08T19:29:47  <sipa> yeah i don't think we should have had decodescript
554 2018-11-08T19:29:53  *** irc_viewer_test has quit IRC
555 2018-11-08T19:31:07  <luke-jr> wumpus: I guess I just mean the hooks, which can't really be anywhere else
556 2018-11-08T19:31:07  <wumpus> it's also not difficult to implement on the application side, unlike the cryptography of deriving addresses
557 2018-11-08T19:31:45  <sipa> so that was on the topic of "whether something belongs in the codebase or not"; another question is, for the things that do, separate utility/library, or RPC, or both?
558 2018-11-08T19:32:27  <luke-jr> sipa: if it's being pulled in because it's tied to something that should be, then presumably that other thing is RPC already
559 2018-11-08T19:32:36  <sipa> luke-jr: that's fair
560 2018-11-08T19:32:57  <luke-jr> if it could be a separate utility/library, it wouldn't need to be in the codebase I guess
561 2018-11-08T19:33:09  <luke-jr> (but maybe it makes sense to do all 3?)
562 2018-11-08T19:33:19  <MarcoFalke> I think there is not too much cost in doing both (but currently we don't have a utility/library)
563 2018-11-08T19:33:31  <luke-jr> MarcoFalke: we do have bitcoin-tx
564 2018-11-08T19:33:43  <wumpus> sipa: ideally I'd prefer having a library, this more general and allows for implementing a RPC service that does the same, the other way is more limiting
565 2018-11-08T19:33:48  <MarcoFalke> luke-jr:  that is not useful for general utility functions
566 2018-11-08T19:33:56  <luke-jr> MarcoFalke: even if we rename it?
567 2018-11-08T19:34:07  <sipa> luke-jr: i think tx is too specific
568 2018-11-08T19:34:17  <sipa> its arguments are all transformations on transactions
569 2018-11-08T19:34:18  <MarcoFalke> good luck renaming it, heh
570 2018-11-08T19:34:23  <luke-jr> I guess there's no real need to have just one tool
571 2018-11-08T19:34:28  <wumpus> the advantage of an executable is that it's separate
572 2018-11-08T19:34:41  <luke-jr> even for libraries, it makes sense to have different ones for substantially different tasks
573 2018-11-08T19:34:50  <wumpus> it's annoying to interface with in most languages, though :)
574 2018-11-08T19:34:53  <sipa> perhaps we should change topics, i need to go in 10-15 minutes
575 2018-11-08T19:35:10  <wumpus> also need to spawn a new process for every call
576 2018-11-08T19:35:16  <wumpus> which perf-wise is even worse than RPC
577 2018-11-08T19:35:36  <wumpus> #topic [RFC] for future of RNG #14623
578 2018-11-08T19:35:37  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14623 | [RFC] Built-in RNG design · Issue #14623 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
579 2018-11-08T19:35:50  <phantomcircuit> suggest changing the GetRandBytes functions to GetWeakRandBytes to make it more obvious, maybe
580 2018-11-08T19:35:59  <sipa> phantomcircuit: good idea
581 2018-11-08T19:36:18  <sipa> just a quicj topic, i'd like to ask for opinions if we want to go in that direction
582 2018-11-08T19:36:19  <phantomcircuit> otherwise seems good to me
583 2018-11-08T19:36:22  <sipa> if so, i'll work on it
584 2018-11-08T19:36:43  <phantomcircuit> possibly want to measure how fast various sources of entropy are?
585 2018-11-08T19:36:50  <luke-jr> my only concern is if RNG gets too slow for non-HD wallets to work reasonably, but I doubt that's an issue
586 2018-11-08T19:36:50  <sipa> phantomcircuit: yeah
587 2018-11-08T19:37:08  <wumpus> #action read issue 14623: Built-in RNG design
588 2018-11-08T19:37:10  <phantomcircuit> luke-jr, the openssl rng is already lol slow
589 2018-11-08T19:37:11  <luke-jr> (since we don't make them, so I guess new keys are only generated one at a time)
590 2018-11-08T19:37:23  <wumpus> does slowness matter for anywhere we need strong crypto?
591 2018-11-08T19:37:24  <meshcollider> This isn't actually going to slow things down is it, long term might even speed it up?
592 2018-11-08T19:37:29  <wumpus> I mean, now that key generation is HD
593 2018-11-08T19:37:41  <luke-jr> wumpus: my point is that key generation is not necessarily HD
594 2018-11-08T19:37:44  <wumpus> generating the initial seed isn't perf critical and certainly not high bandwidth
595 2018-11-08T19:37:59  <wumpus> is there anything besides that?
596 2018-11-08T19:38:08  <sipa> phantomcircuit: actually, GetWeakRandBytes is perhaps a bit confusing too; the data returned would be cryptographic strength, seeded by all available randomness sources - just not reseeded regularly
597 2018-11-08T19:38:33  <luke-jr> GetRandomStrengthRandBytes
598 2018-11-08T19:38:36  <wumpus> I guess the master key for the wallet; but that's als oa one-time thing
599 2018-11-08T19:38:38  <meshcollider> GetWeaklySeededRandBytes
600 2018-11-08T19:38:40  <phantomcircuit> luke-jr, by far the slowest thing about keygeneration is the ridiculous number of fsync calls from bdb
601 2018-11-08T19:38:51  <sipa> luke-jr: what phantomcircuit says ^
602 2018-11-08T19:39:03  <sipa> generating thousands of keys per second should be trivial
603 2018-11-08T19:39:19  <phantomcircuit> sipa, Strong/Mediocre/Weak
604 2018-11-08T19:39:27  <phantomcircuit> heh
605 2018-11-08T19:40:20  <sipa> phantomcircuit: i think two levels is sufficient :)
606 2018-11-08T19:40:26  <sipa> so ok, weak and strong :)
607 2018-11-08T19:40:35  <phantomcircuit> sipa, the distinction is really about things like vm state copies where we hope that /dev/random would know about that right?
608 2018-11-08T19:40:39  <luke-jr> was about to ask what the use case is for the middle level :P
609 2018-11-08T19:40:52  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
610 2018-11-08T19:40:53  <meshcollider> If you take GitHub emoji reactions as comments it looks like there's a pretty good approval consensus anyway
611 2018-11-08T19:41:36  <sipa> phantomcircuit: so even weakrand in my suggestion would invoke high-accuracy timestamp (rdtsc etc), so it'd be highly unlikely that you get the same random numbers in two instances of a VM copy
612 2018-11-08T19:41:36  <wumpus> what if: if you need high speed key generation, switch to HD wallet
613 2018-11-08T19:41:43  <wumpus> if not, the current fallback is fine
614 2018-11-08T19:41:50  <wumpus> it will be slower but work
615 2018-11-08T19:41:58  <kanzure> timezones are difficult.
616 2018-11-08T19:42:12  <sipa> RNG is really not the bottleneck for key generation
617 2018-11-08T19:42:15  <luke-jr> wumpus: it sounds like it's a non-issue either way?
618 2018-11-08T19:42:21  <wumpus> yes
619 2018-11-08T19:42:22  <sipa> i think it's a non issue
620 2018-11-08T19:43:12  <wumpus> #topic EOL date for 0.15 (meshcollider)
621 2018-11-08T19:43:28  <wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoincore.org/pull/630
622 2018-11-08T19:43:33  <meshcollider> Yeah just wanted to check this date was sane to put on the website
623 2018-11-08T19:43:34  <luke-jr> most nodes are still using 0.15 :x
624 2018-11-08T19:43:52  <MarcoFalke> luke-jr: EOL would be august next year. Seems reasonable
625 2018-11-08T19:43:57  <wumpus> what is the proposed date?
626 2018-11-08T19:43:58  <luke-jr> yeah, hopefully it will change by then
627 2018-11-08T19:44:01  <luke-jr> 2019-08-01
628 2018-11-08T19:44:04  <phantomcircuit> sipa, indeed
629 2018-11-08T19:44:06  *** dlerario has quit IRC
630 2018-11-08T19:44:20  <achow101> seems reasonable
631 2018-11-08T19:44:20  <wumpus> that seems.. far enough away
632 2018-11-08T19:44:21  <meshcollider> luke-jr: it's maintenance end now anyway
633 2018-11-08T19:45:04  <meshcollider> Ok that's all then, unless anyone disagrees :)
634 2018-11-08T19:45:06  <luke-jr> (correction: 0.16 is actually now the most-used branch, barely)
635 2018-11-08T19:46:33  <wumpus> yep, please do any ACKing in the PR
636 2018-11-08T19:46:39  <wumpus> any other topics?
637 2018-11-08T19:47:39  <kanzure> RPC is used by many companies as the only interface to bitcoin at all; not sure i understand the scope of discussion about moving RPC into another utility or project but yeah be careful i guess.
638 2018-11-08T19:48:09  <meshcollider> kanzure: only a few utility RPCs, not the whole thing ;)
639 2018-11-08T19:48:16  <wumpus> kanzure: the topic is not of moving any current RPCs away
640 2018-11-08T19:48:24  <gwillen> one possible alternative I can think of would be to give bitcoin-cli a way to talk to multiple backends
641 2018-11-08T19:48:35  <gwillen> then you can easily put utilities in a separate codebase
642 2018-11-08T19:48:36  <luke-jr> gwillen: it already can?
643 2018-11-08T19:48:41  <gwillen> without any user issues
644 2018-11-08T19:49:14  <gwillen> luke-jr: I mean something like dispatching based on which command it's given
645 2018-11-08T19:49:15  <esotericnonsense> hm. but isn't the issue the ongoing maintenance of ensuring RPC works (integrating it into the test suite etc)
646 2018-11-08T19:49:19  <gwillen> for a seamless experience
647 2018-11-08T19:49:21  <luke-jr> gwillen: ew :<
648 2018-11-08T19:49:29  <wumpus> kanzure: as far as I'm concerned the discussion is about the addition of new pure, utility-only RPCs, what is the crit to add them, or never do it? but removing the current ones is out of the question I think
649 2018-11-08T19:49:34  <esotericnonsense> i'm struggling to understand how seperating it makes it "simpler" if you keep the maintenance burden anyway
650 2018-11-08T19:49:54  <kanzure> something out of scope for bitcoind but exchanges and merchants could really benefit from tracking slightly more state on bitcoind end (like "updates since last sync"- specific to an external application which otherwise has to write their own since-last-sync tracking code etc)
651 2018-11-08T19:50:07  <wumpus> no way...
652 2018-11-08T19:50:11  <kanzure> wumpus: got it, understood. i didn't understand context. my apologies.
653 2018-11-08T19:50:19  <kanzure> wumpus: yeah i said it's out of scope :-)
654 2018-11-08T19:50:31  <wumpus> really, tracking consensus is hard enough, a REALLY hard problem
655 2018-11-08T19:51:18  <wumpus> I think there's too little respect for just how hard that is, even as a single concern, we can't pull in anything that is marginally useful to anyone else also
656 2018-11-08T19:52:10  <jarthur> I have to say that I don't have much use for a cryptocurrency node that isn't either A) a wallet, or B) providing other services with currency network functionality. If separating the concerns out still gives me those things as I need them, no complaints.
657 2018-11-08T19:52:16  <esotericnonsense> it sounds to me like provoostenator's idea of making RPC more 'automated' somehow would be useful; in the sense that you have a ton of functions that could just be exposed over rpc by like, function name or something, if they're stateless, without doing anything
658 2018-11-08T19:52:33  <esotericnonsense> and then it's "someone else's job" to maintain the bitcoin library to RPC shim which ensures RPC backward compatibility
659 2018-11-08T19:53:09  <wumpus> again, you're speaking of 'backward compatibility'
660 2018-11-08T19:53:15  <wumpus> there's no talk of dropping anything here
661 2018-11-08T19:53:34  <wumpus> the discussion was about adding...
662 2018-11-08T19:53:40  <esotericnonsense> wumpus: right, what I mean is that, when you add stuff, it's not a problem a priori, it becomes a problem because over time you're maintaining it
663 2018-11-08T19:53:48  <phantomcircuit> gwillen, please no
664 2018-11-08T19:54:42  <esotericnonsense> there is also the overhead of dealing with a PR, merging, rebasing, basically actually doing the work
665 2018-11-08T19:54:43  <wumpus> going to close the meeting we're out of topics
666 2018-11-08T19:54:45  <kanzure> esotericnonsense: i would phrase that as automatically generated bindings
667 2018-11-08T19:55:01  <wumpus> #endmeeting
668 2018-11-08T19:55:01  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Nov  8 19:55:01 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
669 2018-11-08T19:55:01  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-11-08-19.00.html
670 2018-11-08T19:55:01  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-11-08-19.00.txt
671 2018-11-08T19:55:01  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-11-08-19.00.log.html
672 2018-11-08T19:55:18  <esotericnonsense> which seems to be solved if the person in control of maintaining that 'library-RPC' interface is an external party
673 2018-11-08T19:55:27  <esotericnonsense> anyway, yeah, i'm kind of external in this, just musing... sorry
674 2018-11-08T19:55:28  <wumpus> yes, don't put it on my plate and I'm happy
675 2018-11-08T19:55:57  <meshcollider> Time to add an RPC maintainer too ;)
676 2018-11-08T19:56:16  <wumpus> meshcollider: are you interested?
677 2018-11-08T19:57:43  <luke-jr> lol
678 2018-11-08T19:57:55  <instagibbs> RPC Tsar
679 2018-11-08T19:58:24  <meshcollider> That was partly a joke but does the RPC really need its own maintainer?
680 2018-11-08T19:58:53  <wumpus> nothing 'needs', but could if someone was interested in taking that up
681 2018-11-08T19:59:13  <wumpus> we can really use any help at this point
682 2018-11-08T20:02:15  <meshcollider> Well I'm always happy to help, I thought the wallet maintainer was more needed than other random parts of the code though
683 2018-11-08T20:04:18  <wumpus> well if you want to be wallet maintainer that's great too ;)
684 2018-11-08T20:04:41  <meshcollider> Haha oh no ;)
685 2018-11-08T20:05:13  <wumpus> nah seriously just pick what part you're interested in
686 2018-11-08T20:05:17  <meshcollider> Speaking of which though, in seriousness, that discussion has been going on for months now with no result. What would it take to actually learn to fill that role?
687 2018-11-08T20:06:55  *** ken2812221_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
688 2018-11-08T20:07:48  <luke-jr> meshcollider: I would guess making an explicit effort to review <topic> PRs and move them forward
689 2018-11-08T20:08:20  <wumpus> you can be maintainer of any part you're interested in by actively reviewing PRs in that area and getting involved there
690 2018-11-08T20:08:34  *** ken2812221 has quit IRC
691 2018-11-08T20:08:44  <wumpus> it doesn't have to be the wallet, that's just the running joke because it turns out to be really hard to find a maintainer for that :)
692 2018-11-08T20:09:05  <meshcollider> Because the wallet is still quite a mixture of things, e.g. coin selection is quite different to the key stuff
693 2018-11-08T20:09:42  <meshcollider> To be comfortable with it all at a deep enough level seems hard lol
694 2018-11-08T20:09:44  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
695 2018-11-08T20:09:59  <sipa> sorry, had to run
696 2018-11-08T20:14:54  <wumpus> I'm not sure what a 'deep enough level' is here though
697 2018-11-08T20:15:37  <meshcollider> Neither am I ;)
698 2018-11-08T20:16:03  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
699 2018-11-08T20:18:07  <meshcollider> I guess it feels like to be a good maintainer of an aspect, you should be an expert in that aspect's code
700 2018-11-08T20:18:27  <luke-jr> probably comes naturally with time reviewing everything going into it
701 2018-11-08T20:19:20  <wumpus> well you need to be an expert compared to new people contributing to it at least, you don't need to know everything, you don't have to take decisions without other people's input
702 2018-11-08T20:19:57  <instagibbs> wumpus doesn't have to know literally everything to be overall maintainer; you need to digest discussions, prod, etc
703 2018-11-08T20:20:07  <wumpus> exactly.
704 2018-11-08T20:20:20  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
705 2018-11-08T20:21:46  <meshcollider> Both very good points lol
706 2018-11-08T20:25:09  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
707 2018-11-08T20:26:50  <meshcollider> Hmm well I guess it is something I can work towards in the meantime :)
708 2018-11-08T20:33:58  *** ExtraCrispy has quit IRC
709 2018-11-08T20:38:43  <instagibbs> I bet if you just fake it you'll make it eventually
710 2018-11-08T20:39:49  <meshcollider> Hahaha your support is much appreciated greg
711 2018-11-08T20:45:57  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
712 2018-11-08T20:51:34  *** shesek has quit IRC
713 2018-11-08T20:53:56  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
714 2018-11-08T20:55:06  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
715 2018-11-08T20:55:06  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
716 2018-11-08T20:56:27  *** phwalkr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
717 2018-11-08T20:58:29  *** face has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
718 2018-11-08T21:01:09  *** phwalkr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
719 2018-11-08T21:14:19  *** gabridome has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
720 2018-11-08T21:21:10  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
721 2018-11-08T21:25:51  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
722 2018-11-08T21:30:24  *** mistergold has quit IRC
723 2018-11-08T21:41:02  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
724 2018-11-08T21:41:13  *** gabridome has quit IRC
725 2018-11-08T21:42:07  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
726 2018-11-08T21:42:33  *** instagibbs has quit IRC
727 2018-11-08T21:42:34  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
728 2018-11-08T21:43:38  *** retrop99 has quit IRC
729 2018-11-08T21:48:42  *** ezzzy has quit IRC
730 2018-11-08T21:49:18  *** ezzzy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
731 2018-11-08T21:49:21  *** esotericnonsense has quit IRC
732 2018-11-08T21:51:12  *** esotericnonsense has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
733 2018-11-08T21:54:00  *** ezzzy has quit IRC
734 2018-11-08T21:55:23  *** esotericnonsense has quit IRC
735 2018-11-08T21:56:58  *** arubi has quit IRC
736 2018-11-08T21:57:21  *** esotericnonsense has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
737 2018-11-08T21:57:23  *** arubi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
738 2018-11-08T22:00:26  *** JackH has quit IRC
739 2018-11-08T22:01:48  *** esotericnonsense has quit IRC
740 2018-11-08T22:03:35  *** esotericnonsense has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
741 2018-11-08T22:21:08  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
742 2018-11-08T22:21:08  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #14693: test_node: get_mem_rss fixups (master...Mf1811-qaTestNodeFixups) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14693
743 2018-11-08T22:21:08  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
744 2018-11-08T22:30:22  *** JackH has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
745 2018-11-08T22:35:43  *** instagibbs has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
746 2018-11-08T22:35:54  *** bitconner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
747 2018-11-08T22:36:43  *** phwalkr has quit IRC
748 2018-11-08T22:37:17  *** phwalkr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
749 2018-11-08T22:43:33  *** phwalkr has quit IRC
750 2018-11-08T22:55:52  *** spinza has quit IRC
751 2018-11-08T22:59:25  *** roasbeef_ is now known as roasbeef
752 2018-11-08T23:07:16  *** shesek has quit IRC
753 2018-11-08T23:10:13  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
754 2018-11-08T23:10:13  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
755 2018-11-08T23:20:58  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
756 2018-11-08T23:20:58  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] DrahtBot closed pull request #10896: Optimize compact reconstruction somewhat (master...2017-07-faster-compact-reconstruction) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10896
757 2018-11-08T23:20:58  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
758 2018-11-08T23:21:06  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
759 2018-11-08T23:21:06  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] DrahtBot closed pull request #9298: [Wallet] use CHDPubKey, don't store child priv keys in db, derive on the fly (master...2016/12/hd_no_priv) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/9298
760 2018-11-08T23:21:06  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
761 2018-11-08T23:25:51  <meshcollider> Is this a new drahtbot feature ^
762 2018-11-08T23:28:23  <MarcoFalke> Old feature, but I only run it manually every couple of weeks
763 2018-11-08T23:29:06  *** arubi has quit IRC
764 2018-11-08T23:29:07  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
765 2018-11-08T23:29:29  *** arubi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
766 2018-11-08T23:31:44  *** leishman_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
767 2018-11-08T23:34:34  *** booyah has quit IRC
768 2018-11-08T23:34:36  *** booyah_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
769 2018-11-08T23:40:17  *** hebasto has quit IRC
770 2018-11-08T23:41:34  *** shesek has quit IRC
771 2018-11-08T23:42:05  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
772 2018-11-08T23:46:19  *** Murch has quit IRC
773 2018-11-08T23:49:18  *** JackH has quit IRC
774 2018-11-08T23:49:38  *** michaelsdunn1 has quit IRC
775 2018-11-08T23:58:23  *** jarthur has quit IRC
776 2018-11-08T23:59:57  <esotericnonsense> hm. sorry if this isn't really a 'core-dev' question but i'm having shower thoughts of a kind...