1 2018-12-06T00:40:41  *** spinza has quit IRC
  2 2018-12-06T00:53:01  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
  3 2018-12-06T00:54:08  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  4 2018-12-06T00:59:40  *** ken2812221 has quit IRC
  5 2018-12-06T01:09:03  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  6 2018-12-06T01:19:26  *** Bullitje has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  7 2018-12-06T01:19:39  *** Bullit has quit IRC
  8 2018-12-06T01:22:28  *** Bullitje_enable has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  9 2018-12-06T01:25:40  *** Bullitje has quit IRC
 10 2018-12-06T01:26:08  *** arubi has quit IRC
 11 2018-12-06T01:26:29  *** arubi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 12 2018-12-06T01:35:47  *** phwalkr has quit IRC
 13 2018-12-06T01:41:08  *** rhavar has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 14 2018-12-06T01:42:30  *** shesek has quit IRC
 15 2018-12-06T01:43:22  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 16 2018-12-06T01:50:43  *** kinglady has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 17 2018-12-06T01:55:57  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 18 2018-12-06T01:56:02  *** phwalkr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 19 2018-12-06T02:01:06  *** phwalkr has quit IRC
 20 2018-12-06T02:02:38  *** kinglady has quit IRC
 21 2018-12-06T02:22:59  *** shesek has quit IRC
 22 2018-12-06T02:23:51  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2018-12-06T02:26:06  *** Murch has quit IRC
 24 2018-12-06T02:28:44  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 25 2018-12-06T02:29:24  *** shesek has quit IRC
 26 2018-12-06T02:29:30  *** justan0theruser is now known as justanotheruser
 27 2018-12-06T02:29:51  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 28 2018-12-06T02:29:51  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 29 2018-12-06T02:34:15  *** Murch has quit IRC
 30 2018-12-06T02:46:33  *** shesek has quit IRC
 31 2018-12-06T02:47:36  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 32 2018-12-06T02:47:36  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 33 2018-12-06T02:54:18  *** arubi has quit IRC
 34 2018-12-06T02:54:41  *** arubi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 35 2018-12-06T02:55:20  *** bashco has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 36 2018-12-06T02:56:32  *** shesek has quit IRC
 37 2018-12-06T02:58:45  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 38 2018-12-06T02:58:45  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 39 2018-12-06T03:03:30  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 40 2018-12-06T03:22:33  *** shesek has quit IRC
 41 2018-12-06T03:23:10  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 42 2018-12-06T03:24:38  *** mr_burdell has quit IRC
 43 2018-12-06T03:28:37  *** mr_burdell has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 44 2018-12-06T03:45:27  *** _cryptodesktop_i has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 45 2018-12-06T03:45:36  *** mr_burdell has quit IRC
 46 2018-12-06T03:46:00  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 47 2018-12-06T03:46:00  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] mmachicao closed pull request #14800: Tests : timedata : unittest : median file filter shall not grow beyond size. (master...test_timedata) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14800
 48 2018-12-06T03:46:00  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 49 2018-12-06T03:55:09  *** mr_burdell has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 50 2018-12-06T03:55:19  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 51 2018-12-06T03:55:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] mmachicao opened pull request #14881: Tests: Contract testing for the procedure AddTimeData (master...timedata_contract_test) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14881
 52 2018-12-06T03:55:19  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 53 2018-12-06T04:11:36  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
 54 2018-12-06T04:15:29  *** schnerch_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 55 2018-12-06T04:15:37  *** indistylo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 56 2018-12-06T04:17:55  *** schnerchi has quit IRC
 57 2018-12-06T04:19:12  *** _cryptodesktop_i has quit IRC
 58 2018-12-06T04:24:29  *** chasba26 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 59 2018-12-06T04:29:24  *** chasba26 has quit IRC
 60 2018-12-06T04:51:57  *** addressleakt has quit IRC
 61 2018-12-06T04:54:06  *** indistylo has quit IRC
 62 2018-12-06T05:02:46  *** drexl has quit IRC
 63 2018-12-06T05:07:21  *** marcinja_ has quit IRC
 64 2018-12-06T05:09:21  *** marcinja has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 65 2018-12-06T05:13:24  *** indistylo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 66 2018-12-06T05:38:25  *** schnerch_ has quit IRC
 67 2018-12-06T06:54:36  *** indistylo has quit IRC
 68 2018-12-06T07:14:56  *** indistylo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 69 2018-12-06T07:17:06  *** ovovo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 70 2018-12-06T07:17:21  *** Guest6554 has quit IRC
 71 2018-12-06T07:18:41  *** owowo has quit IRC
 72 2018-12-06T07:58:05  *** indistylo has quit IRC
 73 2018-12-06T08:02:01  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
 74 2018-12-06T08:05:08  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 75 2018-12-06T08:14:16  *** indistylo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 76 2018-12-06T08:19:29  *** chenpo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 77 2018-12-06T08:20:44  *** chenpo has quit IRC
 78 2018-12-06T08:21:22  *** chenpo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 79 2018-12-06T08:23:02  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 80 2018-12-06T08:25:54  *** chenpo has quit IRC
 81 2018-12-06T08:32:52  *** promag has quit IRC
 82 2018-12-06T09:37:12  *** hebasto has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 83 2018-12-06T09:57:13  *** ExtraCrispy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 84 2018-12-06T10:06:49  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 85 2018-12-06T10:10:49  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 86 2018-12-06T10:18:03  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: sure
 87 2018-12-06T10:21:11  *** setpill has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 88 2018-12-06T10:24:34  *** shesek has quit IRC
 89 2018-12-06T10:25:38  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 90 2018-12-06T10:30:17  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 91 2018-12-06T10:42:46  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 92 2018-12-06T10:42:46  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 1 new commit to 0.17: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/6042dfe008e7ad2c3495d1e9c484c7f2e256f04c
 93 2018-12-06T10:42:47  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.17 6042dfe Wladimir J. van der Laan: build: bump version to 0.17.1...
 94 2018-12-06T10:42:47  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 95 2018-12-06T10:44:02  <wumpus> I almost got 0.17.1-dirty in the man pages (because I had changed the version number and not committed yet before building), I guess it would be good to add a check against this in gen-manpages.sh
 96 2018-12-06T10:46:57  <gmaxwell> wumpus: thanks for bumping!
 97 2018-12-06T10:47:05  <promag> can't figure out how to backport #14689
 98 2018-12-06T10:47:07  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14689 | Require a public key to be retrieved when signing a P2PKH input by achow101 · Pull Request #14689 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 99 2018-12-06T10:47:34  <promag> wumpus: I believe is ready #14880, but please see last commit first
100 2018-12-06T10:47:36  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14880 | 0.17: Backport #14453 by promag · Pull Request #14880 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
101 2018-12-06T10:47:38  <wumpus> is it time for tagging yet?
102 2018-12-06T10:47:55  <promag> wumpus: no?
103 2018-12-06T10:47:57  <wumpus> oh, apparently not :D
104 2018-12-06T10:48:05  <promag> #14878
105 2018-12-06T10:48:06  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14878 | 0.17: Further backports by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #14878 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
106 2018-12-06T10:48:12  <promag> XD
107 2018-12-06T10:54:47  <promag> wumpus: should I squash test commits?
108 2018-12-06T11:04:41  <wumpus> which one?
109 2018-12-06T11:05:17  <wumpus> you mean the fixup? yes, I'd squash that one into the commit that contains the test
110 2018-12-06T11:05:38  <wumpus> just mention what you had to change in the commit message of the backport
111 2018-12-06T11:06:44  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
112 2018-12-06T11:06:44  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Sjors opened pull request #14882: [doc] developer-notes.md: point out that UniValue deviates from upstream (master...2018/12/doc-univalue) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14882
113 2018-12-06T11:06:44  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
114 2018-12-06T11:08:08  <meshcollider> MarcoFalke: are you including #14424 in a backport somewhere? The PR on github says you committed it to your repo
115 2018-12-06T11:08:10  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14424 | Stop requiring imported pubkey to sign non-PKH schemes by sipa · Pull Request #14424 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
116 2018-12-06T11:08:23  <meshcollider> otherwise I can open a PR
117 2018-12-06T11:25:18  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
118 2018-12-06T11:26:26  *** phwalkr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
119 2018-12-06T11:37:46  <promag> wumpus: ok
120 2018-12-06T11:45:59  <wumpus> promag: I mean in general it's nice to have, where possible, commit to commit correspondence for backports
121 2018-12-06T11:46:13  <wumpus> even if the backported code is not a pure cherry pick
122 2018-12-06T11:48:35  <promag> so?, should I fixup?
123 2018-12-06T11:48:48  *** phwalkr has quit IRC
124 2018-12-06T11:49:21  *** phwalkr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
125 2018-12-06T11:52:15  <wumpus> I mean: don't leave a separate fixup commit but squash it into the commit(s) it's modifying so that they make sense on their own
126 2018-12-06T11:53:34  *** phwalkr has quit IRC
127 2018-12-06T11:54:58  <promag> done
128 2018-12-06T11:55:42  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
129 2018-12-06T11:58:09  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
130 2018-12-06T12:00:35  *** gelmutshmidt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
131 2018-12-06T12:01:15  *** gelmutshmidt has quit IRC
132 2018-12-06T12:01:43  *** gelmutshmidt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2018-12-06T12:11:59  *** drizztbsd has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
134 2018-12-06T12:12:07  *** indistylo has quit IRC
135 2018-12-06T12:15:07  *** timothy has quit IRC
136 2018-12-06T12:59:00  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
137 2018-12-06T13:00:13  *** promag has quit IRC
138 2018-12-06T13:01:09  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
139 2018-12-06T13:11:41  <provoostenator> I think the Xenial Travis build uses Python 2 for the functional test suite (via Docker)...
140 2018-12-06T13:20:50  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
141 2018-12-06T13:53:00  <drizztbsd> provoostenator: https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/reference/xenial/ => Python 2.7.15 will be used when no language version is explicitly set.
142 2018-12-06T13:53:33  *** elichai2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
143 2018-12-06T14:10:18  <wumpus> the functional test suite definitely doesn't work with python 2
144 2018-12-06T14:10:38  <wumpus> if it passes it must be using some version of python 3
145 2018-12-06T14:10:46  <provoostenator> Strangely it only blew up on one new test that I wrote...
146 2018-12-06T14:10:52  <provoostenator> *on only
147 2018-12-06T14:11:50  <provoostenator> https://travis-ci.org/achow101/bitcoin/jobs/464326462#L3816
148 2018-12-06T14:13:24  <wumpus> strange
149 2018-12-06T14:14:14  <provoostenator> Indeed, I think it's an issue inside the Docker image, not with Travis itself, but trying a few different solutions...
150 2018-12-06T14:16:51  *** morcos has quit IRC
151 2018-12-06T14:18:05  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
152 2018-12-06T14:18:05  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] qubenix opened pull request #14883: add `--retry 5` to curl opts in install_db4.sh (master...qubenix-curl-retry) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14883
153 2018-12-06T14:18:05  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
154 2018-12-06T14:18:33  <provoostenator> fStrings are a Python 3.6 feature and it looks like Xenial is stuck on Python 3.5
155 2018-12-06T14:19:04  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
156 2018-12-06T14:19:05  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to 0.17: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/6042dfe008e7...8b8b3a9a5fd9
157 2018-12-06T14:19:06  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.17 7a590d8 Gregory Sanders: fix converttopsbt permitsigdata arg, add basic test...
158 2018-12-06T14:19:06  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.17 8b8b3a9 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #14878: 0.17: Further backports...
159 2018-12-06T14:19:07  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
160 2018-12-06T14:21:09  <wumpus> provoostenator: it's supposed to pass with python 3.4, that's the minimum mentioned in dependencies.md
161 2018-12-06T14:21:16  <wumpus> I guess no one is testing that...
162 2018-12-06T14:21:41  <wumpus> requiring a python 3.6 feature is not acceptable
163 2018-12-06T14:21:43  *** morcos has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
164 2018-12-06T14:23:37  <provoostenator> It's trivial for me to not use that syntax. I'll look into explictly detecting when people are trying to use > 3.4 syntax, rather than finding out through some random problem :-)
165 2018-12-06T14:26:08  <wumpus> having one travis run with python 3.5 at least helps
166 2018-12-06T14:31:41  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
167 2018-12-06T14:31:42  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/e2c473ff75f9...1858e6f2f20f
168 2018-12-06T14:31:42  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 43f9099 Carl Dong: scripted-diff: Run scripted-diff in subshell...
169 2018-12-06T14:31:43  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1858e6f Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #14864: test: Run scripted-diff in subshell...
170 2018-12-06T14:31:43  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
171 2018-12-06T14:32:56  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
172 2018-12-06T14:32:57  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #14864: test: Run scripted-diff in subshell (master...2018-12-unset-commit-script-check) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14864
173 2018-12-06T14:32:57  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
174 2018-12-06T14:34:26  <provoostenator> The linter actually requires Python 3.6, and if you set it to 3.4 in .travis.yml then test/lint/check-doc.py blows up.
175 2018-12-06T14:36:48  <provoostenator> But one of the non-linter machines might be downgradable, I'll try
176 2018-12-06T14:38:27  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
177 2018-12-06T14:38:27  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/1858e6f2f20f...127b30cce8af
178 2018-12-06T14:38:28  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6b82fc5 Hennadii Stepanov: Use const in COutPoint class
179 2018-12-06T14:38:28  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master cf4b032 practicalswift: Use std::numeric_limits<UNSIGNED>::max()) instead of (UNSIGNED)-1
180 2018-12-06T14:38:29  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 127b30c Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #14838: Use const in COutPoint class...
181 2018-12-06T14:38:29  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
182 2018-12-06T14:39:45  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
183 2018-12-06T14:39:46  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #14838: Use const in COutPoint class (master...20181129-const-null-outpoint) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14838
184 2018-12-06T14:39:46  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
185 2018-12-06T14:40:42  *** belcher has quit IRC
186 2018-12-06T14:41:51  <drizztbsd> provoostenator: you can specify to use python3
187 2018-12-06T14:42:22  *** phwalkr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
188 2018-12-06T14:43:51  <wumpus> we could also bump the python version requirement if everyone is ignoring it anyway...
189 2018-12-06T14:44:30  *** phwalkr has quit IRC
190 2018-12-06T14:44:50  *** phwalkr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
191 2018-12-06T14:46:03  <wumpus> not sure anyone actually cares about <py3.6 support for the tests
192 2018-12-06T14:46:07  <provoostenator> Yes, but then we have to patch Xenial on Docker to compile 3.6
193 2018-12-06T14:46:30  <wumpus> right, for xenial it makes sense
194 2018-12-06T14:48:17  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
195 2018-12-06T14:48:18  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/127b30cce8af...0936e2596bbf
196 2018-12-06T14:48:18  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 688f665 vim88: Scripts and tools & Docs: Used #!/usr/bin/env bash instead of obsolete #!/bin/bash, added linting for .sh files shebang and updated the Developer Notes.
197 2018-12-06T14:48:19  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0936e25 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #14831: Scripts and tools: Use #!/usr/bin/env bash instead of #!/bin/bash....
198 2018-12-06T14:48:19  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
199 2018-12-06T14:50:50  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
200 2018-12-06T14:50:51  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Sjors opened pull request #14884: [WIP] Travis: use Python 3.4 on one instance to check support (master...2018/12/python-3-4) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14884
201 2018-12-06T14:50:51  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
202 2018-12-06T14:51:52  <wumpus> it's most important for the functional tests as everyone developing needs to be able to run them; though for consistency it'd make sense if the linters also work on 3.4, hold all the python code in the repo to the same standards
203 2018-12-06T14:52:17  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
204 2018-12-06T14:52:17  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #14831: Scripts and tools: Use #!/usr/bin/env bash instead of #!/bin/bash. (master...proper_shebang) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14831
205 2018-12-06T14:52:17  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
206 2018-12-06T14:53:56  <wumpus> but that's less urgent
207 2018-12-06T14:57:27  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
208 2018-12-06T14:57:28  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/0936e2596bbf...01bc479d1639
209 2018-12-06T14:57:28  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1ca0502 Wladimir J. van der Laan: scripts: Add trusted key for Samuel Dobson...
210 2018-12-06T14:57:29  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 01bc479 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #14869: scripts: Add trusted key for Samuel Dobson...
211 2018-12-06T14:57:29  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
212 2018-12-06T14:59:07  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
213 2018-12-06T15:00:28  *** indistylo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
214 2018-12-06T15:01:44  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
215 2018-12-06T15:01:45  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #14869: scripts: Add trusted key for Samuel Dobson (master...2018_12_meshcollider) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14869
216 2018-12-06T15:01:45  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
217 2018-12-06T15:03:33  <promag> wumpus: #14670 is it today?
218 2018-12-06T15:03:36  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14670 | http: Fix HTTP server shutdown by promag · Pull Request #14670 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
219 2018-12-06T15:10:13  *** drizztbsd is now known as timothy
220 2018-12-06T15:14:09  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
221 2018-12-06T15:19:27  *** cubancorona has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
222 2018-12-06T15:21:14  <wumpus> promag: maybe
223 2018-12-06T15:24:03  <ossifrage> I just tried running testnet bitcoin-qt and got: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::signals2::no_slots_error> >'
224 2018-12-06T15:24:03  <ossifrage>   what():  boost::signals2::no_slots_error
225 2018-12-06T15:24:17  <ossifrage> bitcoind works and my mainnet bitcoin-qt worked
226 2018-12-06T15:25:18  <promag> ossifrage: can you review #14783?
227 2018-12-06T15:25:20  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14783 | gui: Fix boost::signals2::no_slots_error in early calls to InitWarning by promag · Pull Request #14783 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
228 2018-12-06T15:25:29  <promag> review+test
229 2018-12-06T15:25:44  <ossifrage> promag, ok
230 2018-12-06T15:26:24  <promag> looks like the same error, but not exactly
231 2018-12-06T15:26:51  <ossifrage> promag, I don't have disablewallet=1 set
232 2018-12-06T15:27:01  <promag> that's an example
233 2018-12-06T15:27:39  <promag> ossifrage: look for unknown [sections]
234 2018-12-06T15:32:12  *** josephnicholas has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
235 2018-12-06T15:39:34  *** josephnicholas has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
236 2018-12-06T15:43:27  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
237 2018-12-06T15:43:27  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] promag opened pull request #14885: rpc: Assert arguments are unique in RPCHelpMan (master...2018-12-assert-unique-args) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14885
238 2018-12-06T15:43:27  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
239 2018-12-06T15:43:44  *** josephnicholas has quit IRC
240 2018-12-06T15:46:44  *** ossifrage has quit IRC
241 2018-12-06T15:47:06  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
242 2018-12-06T15:47:06  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jnewbery opened pull request #14886: [tests] Refactor importmulti tests (master...importmulti_tests) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14886
243 2018-12-06T15:47:06  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
244 2018-12-06T15:47:08  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
245 2018-12-06T15:48:07  *** indistylo has quit IRC
246 2018-12-06T15:49:44  <jnewbery> sipa: for your consideration: #14565
247 2018-12-06T15:49:47  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14565 | Overhaul importmulti logic by sipa · Pull Request #14565 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
248 2018-12-06T15:49:53  <jnewbery> oops #14886
249 2018-12-06T15:49:55  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14886 | [tests] Refactor importmulti tests by jnewbery · Pull Request #14886 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
250 2018-12-06T15:50:21  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
251 2018-12-06T15:51:52  *** ossifrage has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
252 2018-12-06T15:52:21  <ossifrage> Ugg, chrome + bitcoin 'make -j3' == OOM :-(
253 2018-12-06T15:53:02  *** michaelsdunn1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
254 2018-12-06T15:54:00  <ossifrage> (huh, oom killer never got triggered, things recovered enough for my 'killall -v chrome' to run, but not before my irc session timedout)
255 2018-12-06T15:59:53  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
256 2018-12-06T15:59:54  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] promag opened pull request #14887: RFC: rpc: Support time specifiers in dumpwallet filename (master...2018-12-dumpwallet-time) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14887
257 2018-12-06T15:59:54  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
258 2018-12-06T16:01:17  *** setpill has quit IRC
259 2018-12-06T16:01:18  <promag> I'm very sorry but next couple of weeks I can't attend thursday meetings
260 2018-12-06T16:02:35  <ossifrage> promag, that pull allowed bitcoin-qt --testnet
261 2018-12-06T16:03:02  <ossifrage> to start, but I don't have enough domain knowledge to say if the patch is good or not
262 2018-12-06T16:03:21  <promag> do you see any warning in the console?
263 2018-12-06T16:04:48  <ossifrage> The log looks clean, nothing error/warning-like
264 2018-12-06T16:06:06  <ossifrage> other then "Warning: Config setting for -wallet only applied on test network when in [test] section." but I think it always does that
265 2018-12-06T16:06:46  <ossifrage> (because I just took my mainnet config file and changed the paths)
266 2018-12-06T16:10:41  *** promag has quit IRC
267 2018-12-06T16:32:01  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
268 2018-12-06T16:33:07  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
269 2018-12-06T16:35:06  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
270 2018-12-06T16:35:07  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/01bc479d1639...4987cdd16d76
271 2018-12-06T16:35:07  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a67d713 Sjors Provoost: [doc] developer-notes.md: point out that UniValue deviates from upstream
272 2018-12-06T16:35:08  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4987cdd MarcoFalke: Merge #14882: [doc] developer-notes.md: point out that UniValue deviates from upstream...
273 2018-12-06T16:35:08  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
274 2018-12-06T16:37:20  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
275 2018-12-06T16:37:47  *** shesek has quit IRC
276 2018-12-06T16:38:03  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
277 2018-12-06T16:38:24  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
278 2018-12-06T16:38:25  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #14882: [doc] developer-notes.md: point out that UniValue deviates from upstream (master...2018/12/doc-univalue) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14882
279 2018-12-06T16:38:25  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
280 2018-12-06T16:38:32  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
281 2018-12-06T16:38:32  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
282 2018-12-06T16:39:57  *** shesek has quit IRC
283 2018-12-06T16:42:06  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
284 2018-12-06T16:42:06  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
285 2018-12-06T16:43:50  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
286 2018-12-06T16:43:51  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 7 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/4987cdd16d76...a88bd3186dfe
287 2018-12-06T16:43:51  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 02e1e4e João Barbosa: rpc: Add wait argument to stop
288 2018-12-06T16:43:52  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 18e9685 João Barbosa: http: Send "Connection: close" header if shutdown is requested...
289 2018-12-06T16:43:52  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6b13580 João Barbosa: http: Unlisten sockets after all workers quit...
290 2018-12-06T16:43:53  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
291 2018-12-06T16:46:09  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
292 2018-12-06T16:46:09  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #14670: http: Fix HTTP server shutdown (master...2018-11-httpserver) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14670
293 2018-12-06T16:46:09  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
294 2018-12-06T16:50:29  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
295 2018-12-06T16:51:24  <MarcoFalke> \o/
296 2018-12-06T16:54:51  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
297 2018-12-06T17:07:54  <jnewbery> I'm adding sipa's #14565 to hipri since it blocks several PRs from meshcollider and achow101 . Also adding my own #14866 since sipa's is blocked on adding test coverage
298 2018-12-06T17:07:58  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14565 | Overhaul importmulti logic by sipa · Pull Request #14565 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
299 2018-12-06T17:08:03  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14866 | Improve property evaluation way in bitcoin.conf by AkioNak · Pull Request #14866 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
300 2018-12-06T17:08:13  <moneyball> Here are the proposed topics for today's meeting...just one...by me :) Maybe this will encourage others for next week ;-) I also think if this gist were pinned in the channel it'd help serve as a reminder and make it more accessible for people. If someone knows the process to get something pinned, let me know. https://gist.github.com/moneyball/071d608fdae217c2a6d7c35955881d8a
301 2018-12-06T17:09:26  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
302 2018-12-06T17:09:41  <jnewbery> s/14866/14886
303 2018-12-06T17:15:06  *** brianhoffman_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
304 2018-12-06T17:15:08  *** romanz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
305 2018-12-06T17:17:43  *** brianhoffman has quit IRC
306 2018-12-06T17:17:43  *** brianhoffman_ is now known as brianhoffman
307 2018-12-06T17:18:14  *** ExtraCrispy has quit IRC
308 2018-12-06T17:18:40  *** ExtraCrispy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
309 2018-12-06T17:19:02  <wumpus> moneyball: the only way to 'pin' something on IRC is by putting it in the topic, which we could do
310 2018-12-06T17:19:35  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
311 2018-12-06T17:20:54  <moneyball> ok up to you! we can of course remove it later if this experiment turns out not to be valuable
312 2018-12-06T17:28:00  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
313 2018-12-06T17:28:31  *** ChanServ sets mode: +o wumpus
314 2018-12-06T17:29:14  *** wumpus changes topic to "Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | This is the channel for developing Bitcoin Core. Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics https://gist.github.com/moneyball/071d608fdae217c2a6d7c35955881d8a"
315 2018-12-06T17:30:03  <promag> wumpus: \o/ let's see how appveyor behaves
316 2018-12-06T17:32:54  *** cubancorona has quit IRC
317 2018-12-06T17:33:17  *** watchtower has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
318 2018-12-06T17:33:59  <promag> how about "bitcoin-qt -testnet -printtoconsole"?
319 2018-12-06T17:34:03  <promag> ossifrage: ^
320 2018-12-06T17:42:25  *** watchtower has quit IRC
321 2018-12-06T17:44:17  *** drexl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
322 2018-12-06T17:44:37  <ossifrage> promag, isn't that the same a slooking in the logs... There where just 2 warnings about my config file
323 2018-12-06T17:46:41  <promag> what I'd like to know is what triggers the nosloterror, since you don't have invalid config sections
324 2018-12-06T17:46:49  *** watchtower has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
325 2018-12-06T17:47:41  *** belcher has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
326 2018-12-06T17:49:27  <promag> MarcoFalke: 14880 is ready to go
327 2018-12-06T17:49:35  <MarcoFalke> #14880
328 2018-12-06T17:49:37  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14880 | 0.17: Backport #14453 by promag · Pull Request #14880 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
329 2018-12-06T17:49:44  <MarcoFalke> taking a look now
330 2018-12-06T17:49:48  <promag> kk
331 2018-12-06T17:52:47  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
332 2018-12-06T17:57:02  *** ap4lmtree has quit IRC
333 2018-12-06T18:00:28  *** watchtower has quit IRC
334 2018-12-06T18:04:23  <meshcollider> MarcoFalke: did you see my reply in #14689, it'd be good to get the last couple of backports done
335 2018-12-06T18:04:25  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14689 | Require a public key to be retrieved when signing a P2PKH input by achow101 · Pull Request #14689 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
336 2018-12-06T18:04:55  <MarcoFalke> If someone wants to take care of them, sure
337 2018-12-06T18:08:02  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
338 2018-12-06T18:08:02  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #14880: 0.17: Backport #14453 (0.17...2018-12-backport-14453) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14880
339 2018-12-06T18:08:02  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
340 2018-12-06T18:08:24  *** promag has quit IRC
341 2018-12-06T18:08:32  <meshcollider> I'll just check the test first then
342 2018-12-06T18:21:26  *** ap4lmtree has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
343 2018-12-06T18:22:19  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
344 2018-12-06T18:22:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] isghe opened pull request #14888: Fix createrawtransaction multi op return - issue #14868 (master...fix-createrawtransaction-multi-OP_RETURN) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14888
345 2018-12-06T18:22:19  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
346 2018-12-06T18:24:14  *** JackH has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
347 2018-12-06T18:25:36  *** hrofu has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
348 2018-12-06T18:26:51  *** mr_paz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
349 2018-12-06T18:33:58  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
350 2018-12-06T18:36:24  *** ap4lmtree- has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
351 2018-12-06T18:37:58  *** ap4lmtree has quit IRC
352 2018-12-06T18:47:24  *** chenpo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
353 2018-12-06T18:52:20  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
354 2018-12-06T18:52:21  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/a88bd3186dfe...23a1fa0248fe
355 2018-12-06T18:52:22  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 58c5cc9 James Hilliard: Adjust configure so that only bip70 is disabled when protobuf is missing instead of the GUI
356 2018-12-06T18:52:22  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 23a1fa0 MarcoFalke: Merge #14564: Adjust configure so that only bip70 is disabled when protobuf is missing instead of the GUI...
357 2018-12-06T18:52:22  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
358 2018-12-06T18:53:21  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
359 2018-12-06T18:53:21  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #14564: Adjust configure so that only bip70 is disabled when protobuf is missing instead of the GUI (master...bip70-disable-check) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14564
360 2018-12-06T18:53:21  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
361 2018-12-06T18:55:12  <MarcoFalke> meshcollider: Any success with the test?
362 2018-12-06T18:55:19  <MarcoFalke> Or rather failure
363 2018-12-06T18:55:59  *** cubancorona has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
364 2018-12-06T18:56:01  <meshcollider> the backport of 14424 isn't clean so I'm just checking that ive backported it correctly at the moment
365 2018-12-06T18:56:04  *** Morchory has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
366 2018-12-06T18:56:09  <meshcollider> itll require a review from sipa
367 2018-12-06T18:56:37  <MarcoFalke> What is the risk of moving those to 0.17.2?
368 2018-12-06T18:57:44  <sipa> #14424
369 2018-12-06T18:57:46  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14424 | Stop requiring imported pubkey to sign non-PKH schemes by sipa · Pull Request #14424 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
370 2018-12-06T18:58:17  <meshcollider> thats a 0.17 regression according to jonasschnelli and would be nice to get in
371 2018-12-06T18:58:44  <MarcoFalke> But it wouldn't get worse in 0.17.1 compared to 0.17.0
372 2018-12-06T18:58:53  *** ww209 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
373 2018-12-06T18:59:55  *** Teddy_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
374 2018-12-06T19:00:08  *** ww209 has quit IRC
375 2018-12-06T19:00:24  <wumpus> #startmeeting
376 2018-12-06T19:00:24  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Dec  6 19:00:24 2018 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
377 2018-12-06T19:00:24  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
378 2018-12-06T19:00:29  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb
379 2018-12-06T19:00:42  <sipa> hi
380 2018-12-06T19:00:43  <jnewbery> hi
381 2018-12-06T19:00:43  <gleb> hi
382 2018-12-06T19:00:45  <meshcollider> hi
383 2018-12-06T19:00:45  <jamesob> hi
384 2018-12-06T19:00:49  *** Morchory has quit IRC
385 2018-12-06T19:00:50  <Teddy_> ji
386 2018-12-06T19:00:56  <dongcarl> hi
387 2018-12-06T19:00:59  <wumpus> topics? (one has been proposed in https://gist.github.com/moneyball/071d608fdae217c2a6d7c35955881d8a)
388 2018-12-06T19:01:22  <chenpo> hi
389 2018-12-06T19:01:27  <achow101> hi
390 2018-12-06T19:01:37  <meshcollider> gleb also mentioned earlier in the week he wanted to talk about dandelion but i'm not sure if that was a meeting topic or just a general desire :)
391 2018-12-06T19:02:28  <moneyball> Hi
392 2018-12-06T19:02:34  <gleb> meshcollider: More of a second. I can't really drive the discussion because I don't remember all the specifics
393 2018-12-06T19:02:52  <provoostenator> hi
394 2018-12-06T19:03:18  <wumpus> #topic high priority for review
395 2018-12-06T19:03:37  <wumpus> 6 PRs on the list right now: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8
396 2018-12-06T19:03:51  <phantomcircuit> hi
397 2018-12-06T19:04:11  <wumpus> if there's anything to add or remove, please let me know
398 2018-12-06T19:04:11  *** shesek has quit IRC
399 2018-12-06T19:04:27  <gmaxwell> welp, I can't seem to reach github right now. :(
400 2018-12-06T19:04:35  *** ChanServ sets mode: -o wumpus
401 2018-12-06T19:04:43  <jnewbery> I added #14565 today since it was blocking a bunch of other people's PRs
402 2018-12-06T19:04:45  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
403 2018-12-06T19:04:45  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
404 2018-12-06T19:04:47  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14565 | Overhaul importmulti logic by sipa · Pull Request #14565 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
405 2018-12-06T19:04:51  <wumpus> gmaxwell: strange! no problems here it seems
406 2018-12-06T19:04:57  <meshcollider> yeah there are like 4 PRs stacked on that
407 2018-12-06T19:05:00  <jnewbery> also #14886 since sipa's was blocked on adding test coverage
408 2018-12-06T19:05:01  <sipa> #14782 #13932 #14336 #14646 #14565 #14886
409 2018-12-06T19:05:03  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14886 | [tests] Refactor importmulti tests by jnewbery · Pull Request #14886 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
410 2018-12-06T19:05:05  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14782 | [0.17] Bugfix: Correctly calculate balances when min_conf is used, and for getbalance("*") by luke-jr · Pull Request #14782 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
411 2018-12-06T19:05:08  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13932 | Additional utility RPCs for PSBT by achow101 · Pull Request #13932 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
412 2018-12-06T19:05:12  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14336 | net: implement poll by pstratem · Pull Request #14336 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
413 2018-12-06T19:05:15  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14646 | Add expansion cache functions to descriptors (unused for now) by sipa · Pull Request #14646 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
414 2018-12-06T19:05:19  *** CAKE has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
415 2018-12-06T19:05:19  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14565 | Overhaul importmulti logic by sipa · Pull Request #14565 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
416 2018-12-06T19:05:20  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14886 | [tests] Refactor importmulti tests by jnewbery · Pull Request #14886 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
417 2018-12-06T19:05:21  <wumpus> yes, those
418 2018-12-06T19:05:27  <sipa> That's the high priority list
419 2018-12-06T19:05:46  *** CAKE has quit IRC
420 2018-12-06T19:06:58  <MarcoFalke> I'd like to add #14480, since it seems required for some other work
421 2018-12-06T19:07:00  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14480 | refactor: Drop boost::this_thread::interruption_point and boost::thread_interrupted in main thread by ken2812221 · Pull Request #14480 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
422 2018-12-06T19:07:39  *** timothy has quit IRC
423 2018-12-06T19:07:47  <MarcoFalke> Also, the getbalance fixes need rebase for some days now
424 2018-12-06T19:07:57  <MarcoFalke> usually we take them off of hipri?
425 2018-12-06T19:08:09  <wumpus> ok, added
426 2018-12-06T19:08:14  <sipa> maybe we should first discuss what's left to do for 0.17.1?
427 2018-12-06T19:08:21  <sipa> or as a separate topic
428 2018-12-06T19:08:28  <achow101> #13932 can be removed for now. I won't have time to work on it for another week or two
429 2018-12-06T19:08:30  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13932 | Additional utility RPCs for PSBT by achow101 · Pull Request #13932 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
430 2018-12-06T19:08:31  <wumpus> nothing on the high priority list is required for 0.17.1, that's a separate topic
431 2018-12-06T19:08:36  <wumpus> achow101: ok
432 2018-12-06T19:08:56  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
433 2018-12-06T19:09:15  <MarcoFalke> removed #14782
434 2018-12-06T19:09:17  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14782 | [0.17] Bugfix: Correctly calculate balances when min_conf is used, and for getbalance("*") by luke-jr · Pull Request #14782 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
435 2018-12-06T19:09:21  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
436 2018-12-06T19:09:26  <wumpus> makes sense
437 2018-12-06T19:09:44  *** arubi has quit IRC
438 2018-12-06T19:09:54  <wumpus> #topic 0.17.1
439 2018-12-06T19:10:07  <phantomcircuit> #14336 is done
440 2018-12-06T19:10:09  <MarcoFalke> meshcollider wanted to get in two more fixes
441 2018-12-06T19:10:11  *** arubi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
442 2018-12-06T19:10:12  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14336 | net: implement poll by pstratem · Pull Request #14336 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
443 2018-12-06T19:10:36  *** kc has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
444 2018-12-06T19:10:53  <wumpus> there's nothing open on the 0.17.1 milestone at least
445 2018-12-06T19:10:53  <gmaxwell> MarcoFalke: what are the two outstanding?
446 2018-12-06T19:10:59  *** kc is now known as Guest25141
447 2018-12-06T19:11:02  <sipa> meshcollider: i haven't paid that much attention lately; do you have a backport for 14424?
448 2018-12-06T19:11:12  <MarcoFalke> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues?q=label%3A%22Needs+backport%22+is%3Aclosed
449 2018-12-06T19:11:14  <meshcollider> Im about to open one
450 2018-12-06T19:11:27  <MarcoFalke> the ones with tag "17.1"
451 2018-12-06T19:11:28  *** hashist has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
452 2018-12-06T19:12:24  <wumpus> I think it's really due time to release 0.17.1
453 2018-12-06T19:12:44  <wumpus> we wanted to do the release weeks agao AFAIK, we should avoid adding new things to it again and again
454 2018-12-06T19:13:06  <sipa> yeah, i think it's too late to add new things
455 2018-12-06T19:13:14  <jnewbery> wumpus: +1
456 2018-12-06T19:13:16  <gmaxwell> I don't think these are new unfortunately, somehow they fell of the radar. They are good, but we shouldn't delay more.
457 2018-12-06T19:13:21  <gmaxwell> s/of/off/
458 2018-12-06T19:13:27  <meshcollider> fair enough :)
459 2018-12-06T19:13:30  <sipa> gmaxwell: exactly
460 2018-12-06T19:13:55  <wumpus> but it's fine with me to wait another day or so for more backports
461 2018-12-06T19:14:07  <gmaxwell> (like 14689 I asked it to be tagged for backport 17 days ago, it was tagged 15 days ago, but just got missed)
462 2018-12-06T19:14:16  <gmaxwell> wumpus: could we do the RC today otherwise?
463 2018-12-06T19:14:39  <wumpus> gmaxwell: yes, the version has been bumped, afaik everything has been done for the release process, just needs tagging
464 2018-12-06T19:14:51  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
465 2018-12-06T19:14:51  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MeshCollider opened pull request #14889: [0.17] Backport #14424 (Stop requiring imported pubkey to sign non-PKH schemes) (0.17...201812_backport_14424) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14889
466 2018-12-06T19:14:51  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
467 2018-12-06T19:14:57  <meshcollider> ill tag that for 0.17.2 then
468 2018-12-06T19:15:19  <MarcoFalke> In the future we should really backport in the same order as they are merged to master
469 2018-12-06T19:15:21  <wumpus> but if there are known serious fixes that affect a lot of users of course they should still be backported
470 2018-12-06T19:15:27  <MarcoFalke> Ideally a bot would do that
471 2018-12-06T19:15:30  <gmaxwell> well it's the backport is done and works, waiting a couple hours to tag 0.17.1 wouldn't be an issue.
472 2018-12-06T19:15:47  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: I used to do that with a script
473 2018-12-06T19:16:21  <gmaxwell> MarcoFalke: I think in this case, things got needs backport tags out of order.  I went and pinged a dozen PRs to get tagged, and some were and some took a few days, and some took a week.
474 2018-12-06T19:16:24  <wumpus> (e.g. it takes a list of PRs and cherry-picks the commits in the order the commits appear in master)
475 2018-12-06T19:16:26  <gmaxwell> and some got backported in the meantime.
476 2018-12-06T19:16:57  <MarcoFalke> Yeah, we should be more careful with tagging bug fixes to the right milestone
477 2018-12-06T19:17:01  <wumpus> but it's more complex for things that can't just be cherry picked
478 2018-12-06T19:17:28  <wumpus> whose PRs really need extra work
479 2018-12-06T19:17:48  <wumpus> and we had a few of those, this time
480 2018-12-06T19:17:48  <meshcollider> e.g. this one which relied on some keyorigininfo
481 2018-12-06T19:17:58  <MarcoFalke> Right when there is a bug fix it should say when it was introduced and what the target branch is
482 2018-12-06T19:18:59  <wumpus> yes
483 2018-12-06T19:19:03  *** RayZa22 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
484 2018-12-06T19:19:04  <MarcoFalke> We should also require a test with each bug fix and travis and other testers should check that the test fails withou the code changes
485 2018-12-06T19:19:35  <wumpus> I tend to ask for that
486 2018-12-06T19:19:35  *** RayZa22 has quit IRC
487 2018-12-06T19:19:42  <gmaxwell> That should help reduce the number of fixes which will make backporting easier... :P
488 2018-12-06T19:19:47  <MarcoFalke> Similar to the scripted-diff prefix we could add a bug-fix: prefix that must do just that
489 2018-12-06T19:19:56  <gmaxwell> (I don't disagree, though some things are pretty hard to test.)
490 2018-12-06T19:20:02  <MarcoFalke> Yeah
491 2018-12-06T19:20:33  <wumpus> anyhow we're drifting off topic, what still needs to be done for 0.17.1?
492 2018-12-06T19:20:59  <wumpus> I guess someone needs to backport #14689 and #14424
493 2018-12-06T19:21:01  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14689 | Require a public key to be retrieved when signing a P2PKH input by achow101 · Pull Request #14689 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
494 2018-12-06T19:21:04  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14424 | Stop requiring imported pubkey to sign non-PKH schemes by sipa · Pull Request #14424 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
495 2018-12-06T19:21:10  <meshcollider> i just did the second, #14889
496 2018-12-06T19:21:11  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14889 | [0.17] Backport #14424 (Stop requiring imported pubkey to sign non-PKH schemes) by MeshCollider · Pull Request #14889 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
497 2018-12-06T19:21:12  <gmaxwell> In any case, if people think they can review that backport that just went up, presumably it could go in.  I think if we have things that could go into today then RC we should, we certantly shouldn't _wait_.
498 2018-12-06T19:21:27  <provoostenator> Are there up to date Gitian instructions for Docker? I'd like to try both Bionic in a VM and Docker this time.
499 2018-12-06T19:21:55  <gmaxwell> I can try to test the backport of 14424 as soon as the meeting is over.
500 2018-12-06T19:22:03  <wumpus> gitian with docker? I'm not aware of anyone doing that
501 2018-12-06T19:22:05  <wumpus> gmaxwell: thanks!
502 2018-12-06T19:22:11  <MarcoFalke> provoostenator: build-gitian.py (in our master brach)
503 2018-12-06T19:22:23  <MarcoFalke> --docker or something
504 2018-12-06T19:22:46  <gmaxwell> wumpus: want to basically just tag 0.17.1 in N hours (you pick N) with whatever is merged by then?
505 2018-12-06T19:23:34  <gmaxwell> (presumaby N set before you go to bed)
506 2018-12-06T19:24:21  <wumpus> gmaxwell: sounds good to me
507 2018-12-06T19:24:33  <sipa> sgtm
508 2018-12-06T19:24:54  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: ah yes, I keep forgetting about that script
509 2018-12-06T19:25:24  *** WEN has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
510 2018-12-06T19:25:48  <wumpus> #topic next CoreDev meetup (moneyball)
511 2018-12-06T19:25:59  <moneyball> hi
512 2018-12-06T19:26:29  <moneyball> i wanted to get feedback on having the next CoreDev June 5-7 in Amsterdam right before Breaking Bitcoin conference
513 2018-12-06T19:26:41  <wumpus> good idea!
514 2018-12-06T19:26:47  <moneyball> i think Europe is a good location as the past 4 CoreDevs haven't been in Europe
515 2018-12-06T19:26:53  <moneyball> and yes wumpus surely likes it :)
516 2018-12-06T19:26:57  <jnewbery> ACK
517 2018-12-06T19:27:06  <moneyball> it also gives the opportunity to attend BB if interested
518 2018-12-06T19:27:57  *** fabianfabian has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
519 2018-12-06T19:28:00  <moneyball> so "save the date" on your calendars, and let me know here or over DM if you have any thoughts or feedback
520 2018-12-06T19:29:36  <phantomcircuit> moneyball, BB ?
521 2018-12-06T19:29:43  *** WEN has quit IRC
522 2018-12-06T19:29:48  <wumpus> combining it with a conference is useful
523 2018-12-06T19:29:50  <moneyball> https://twitter.com/breakingbitcoin/status/1070060118866305026
524 2018-12-06T19:30:22  <sipa> ack amsterdam
525 2018-12-06T19:30:25  <sipa> :)
526 2018-12-06T19:31:10  <wumpus> I think we agree then :) any other topics?
527 2018-12-06T19:33:52  <wumpus> PSA: if, during the course of the week, you have any ideas for next week's meeting let moneyball know, he'll add it to the list on https://gist.github.com/moneyball/071d608fdae217c2a6d7c35955881d8a
528 2018-12-06T19:34:06  <wumpus> I've also added that link to the topic here
529 2018-12-06T19:34:35  <jnewbery> use tag #proposedmeetingtopic so Steve can grep
530 2018-12-06T19:35:22  <wumpus> would be good to add that to the gist
531 2018-12-06T19:35:36  <wumpus> can't put much more in the topic itself
532 2018-12-06T19:37:59  <wumpus> any other topics?
533 2018-12-06T19:38:44  <wumpus> #endmeeting
534 2018-12-06T19:38:44  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Dec  6 19:38:44 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
535 2018-12-06T19:38:44  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-12-06-19.00.html
536 2018-12-06T19:38:44  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-12-06-19.00.txt
537 2018-12-06T19:38:44  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2018/bitcoin-core-dev.2018-12-06-19.00.log.html
538 2018-12-06T19:39:05  <phantomcircuit> wumpus, can you take a look at 14336, i believe it's ready for merge
539 2018-12-06T19:39:47  <wumpus> phantomcircuit: sure
540 2018-12-06T19:45:14  <meshcollider> achow101: do you know where the issue in  #14689 was introduced? the test still passes on 0.17
541 2018-12-06T19:45:16  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14689 | Require a public key to be retrieved when signing a P2PKH input by achow101 · Pull Request #14689 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
542 2018-12-06T19:45:46  <meshcollider> it might not need to be backported at all
543 2018-12-06T19:46:14  <achow101> meshcollider: it was one that sipa made.
544 2018-12-06T19:46:16  <achow101> let me find it
545 2018-12-06T19:46:48  <meshcollider> #14424?
546 2018-12-06T19:46:50  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14424 | Stop requiring imported pubkey to sign non-PKH schemes by sipa · Pull Request #14424 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
547 2018-12-06T19:47:03  <meshcollider> i mean, the test seems to pass even when ive backported that
548 2018-12-06T19:47:43  <meshcollider> unless my backport fixed it at the same time
549 2018-12-06T19:47:53  *** CodeBlue1776 has quit IRC
550 2018-12-06T19:48:03  <meshcollider> can you take a look at #14489 please
551 2018-12-06T19:48:05  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14489 | refactor: Drop boost::thread and boost::chrono by ken2812221 · Pull Request #14489 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
552 2018-12-06T19:48:14  <meshcollider> #14889 oops
553 2018-12-06T19:48:15  <achow101> yeah, it should have been 14424 that introduced the issue
554 2018-12-06T19:48:16  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14889 | [0.17] Backport #14424 (Stop requiring imported pubkey to sign non-PKH schemes) by MeshCollider · Pull Request #14889 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
555 2018-12-06T19:48:52  <meshcollider> i think its because i add the key to misc_pubkeys
556 2018-12-06T19:49:01  *** CodeBlue1776 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
557 2018-12-06T19:49:09  <moneyball> wumpus: i added the tag reminder to the gist
558 2018-12-06T19:50:18  <achow101> meshcollider: oh, this might be one of those things where the bug is because multiple things got stacked
559 2018-12-06T19:51:41  <achow101> meshcollider: I think #13723 was involved in causing the bug
560 2018-12-06T19:51:44  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13723 | PSBT key path cleanups by sipa · Pull Request #13723 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
561 2018-12-06T19:52:44  <meshcollider> ok ill remove the needs backport label then
562 2018-12-06T19:53:56  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
563 2018-12-06T19:53:57  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/23a1fa0248fe...f8456256c8cb
564 2018-12-06T19:53:57  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a0f8df3 João Barbosa: qt: Call noui_connect to prevent boost::signals2::no_slots_error in early calls to InitWarning
565 2018-12-06T19:53:58  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6bbdb20 João Barbosa: squashme: connect thru node interface
566 2018-12-06T19:53:58  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f845625 MarcoFalke: Merge #14783: gui: Fix boost::signals2::no_slots_error in early calls to InitWarning...
567 2018-12-06T19:53:58  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
568 2018-12-06T19:54:50  <wumpus> moneyball: thanks!
569 2018-12-06T19:55:02  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
570 2018-12-06T19:55:02  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #14783: gui: Fix boost::signals2::no_slots_error in early calls to InitWarning (master...2018-11-fix-noslotserror) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14783
571 2018-12-06T19:55:02  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
572 2018-12-06T20:07:34  *** hashist has quit IRC
573 2018-12-06T20:07:35  *** Dogeface has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
574 2018-12-06T20:08:46  *** Dogeface_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
575 2018-12-06T20:12:13  *** Dogeface has quit IRC
576 2018-12-06T20:13:21  *** Dogeface_ has quit IRC
577 2018-12-06T20:15:47  *** hrofu has quit IRC
578 2018-12-06T20:23:10  *** spinza has quit IRC
579 2018-12-06T20:24:59  *** schmidty has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
580 2018-12-06T20:25:48  <jnewbery> If I use importmulti to import a p2pkh and provide the privkey, then the p2pkh isn't considered change, however, the p2wpkh and p2sh-p2wpkh *are* shown as ischange in getaddressinfo. Bug?
581 2018-12-06T20:25:58  <jnewbery> sipa meshcollider ^ ?
582 2018-12-06T20:26:50  <sipa> jnewbery: in master?
583 2018-12-06T20:27:03  <sipa> oh, yes
584 2018-12-06T20:27:22  <sipa> yeah, it doesn't add the label for anything you didn't explicitly import
585 2018-12-06T20:27:38  <jnewbery> so expected behaviour?
586 2018-12-06T20:27:53  <sipa> expected, but not desirable i would say
587 2018-12-06T20:28:17  <jnewbery> we should add the label for the p2wpkh and p2sh-p2wpkh versions when we import with a privkey?
588 2018-12-06T20:28:31  <sipa> yeah
589 2018-12-06T20:28:40  <sipa> hack to undo the effects of another hack :(
590 2018-12-06T20:29:04  <jnewbery> yeah, but have you heard about descriptors?! They fix all of this :)
591 2018-12-06T20:33:40  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
592 2018-12-06T20:33:55  <meshcollider> I'm not sure they should all have the label, you could just add them to the address book with an empty label
593 2018-12-06T20:34:01  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
594 2018-12-06T20:34:17  <meshcollider> Because the import has specific a specific scriptPubKey or address if they're using importmulti
595 2018-12-06T20:34:19  *** Guest25141 has quit IRC
596 2018-12-06T20:34:29  <meshcollider> Specified*
597 2018-12-06T20:34:44  <sipa> meshcollider: that sounds reasonable
598 2018-12-06T20:35:07  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
599 2018-12-06T20:36:43  *** neves has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
600 2018-12-06T20:41:18  *** bolobobobo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
601 2018-12-06T20:41:40  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
602 2018-12-06T20:42:52  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
603 2018-12-06T20:46:05  *** SpartanPalace has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
604 2018-12-06T20:46:43  *** neves has left #bitcoin-core-dev
605 2018-12-06T20:47:04  *** neves has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
606 2018-12-06T20:48:29  *** neves has quit IRC
607 2018-12-06T20:50:32  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
608 2018-12-06T20:50:53  <fanquake> provoostenator I have gitian docker instructions here https://github.com/fanquake/core-review
609 2018-12-06T20:51:13  *** elichai2 has quit IRC
610 2018-12-06T20:53:01  *** hrofu has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
611 2018-12-06T20:58:02  *** cubancorona has quit IRC
612 2018-12-06T21:05:47  *** fanquake has quit IRC
613 2018-12-06T21:07:02  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
614 2018-12-06T21:07:03  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #14890: rpc: Avoid creating non-standard raw transactions (master...Mf1812-rpcRawNonStd) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14890
615 2018-12-06T21:07:03  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
616 2018-12-06T21:12:03  *** bralyclo_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
617 2018-12-06T21:14:07  *** bralyclow has quit IRC
618 2018-12-06T21:17:51  *** hashist has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
619 2018-12-06T21:18:15  *** hashist has left #bitcoin-core-dev
620 2018-12-06T21:24:40  *** hrofu has quit IRC
621 2018-12-06T21:25:50  *** chenpo has quit IRC
622 2018-12-06T21:26:22  *** chenpo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
623 2018-12-06T21:28:08  *** rex4539 has quit IRC
624 2018-12-06T21:28:43  *** bolobobobo has quit IRC
625 2018-12-06T21:30:46  *** chenpo has quit IRC
626 2018-12-06T21:36:43  *** mr_paz has quit IRC
627 2018-12-06T21:45:57  *** bralyclow has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
628 2018-12-06T21:49:13  *** bralyclo_ has quit IRC
629 2018-12-06T21:57:12  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
630 2018-12-06T21:57:13  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] promag closed pull request #14887: RFC: rpc: Support time specifiers in dumpwallet filename (master...2018-12-dumpwallet-time) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14887
631 2018-12-06T21:57:13  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
632 2018-12-06T22:13:38  <meshcollider> Can I get some more review on #14889 pls, its the very last thing before 0.17.1
633 2018-12-06T22:13:39  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14889 | [0.17] Backport #14424 (Stop requiring imported pubkey to sign non-PKH schemes) by MeshCollider · Pull Request #14889 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
634 2018-12-06T22:20:30  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
635 2018-12-06T22:42:40  *** ap4lmtree- has quit IRC
636 2018-12-06T22:46:24  *** spinza has quit IRC
637 2018-12-06T22:53:24  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
638 2018-12-06T23:02:04  *** Woodsy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
639 2018-12-06T23:06:17  *** schmidty has quit IRC
640 2018-12-06T23:08:36  *** schmidty has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
641 2018-12-06T23:10:42  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
642 2018-12-06T23:10:43  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to 0.17: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/abae8aeff1cb...c6e4a1fca5e5
643 2018-12-06T23:10:44  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.17 89a9a9d Pieter Wuille: Stop requiring imported pubkey to sign non-PKH schemes...
644 2018-12-06T23:10:44  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.17 c6e4a1f Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #14889: [0.17] Backport #14424 (Stop requiring imported pubkey to sign non-PKH schemes)...
645 2018-12-06T23:10:45  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
646 2018-12-06T23:17:22  *** schmidty has quit IRC
647 2018-12-06T23:20:01  *** michaelsdunn1 has quit IRC
648 2018-12-06T23:23:37  *** ExtraCrispy has quit IRC
649 2018-12-06T23:24:03  *** ExtraCrispy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
650 2018-12-06T23:25:13  *** gelmutshmidt has quit IRC
651 2018-12-06T23:25:13  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
652 2018-12-06T23:32:25  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
653 2018-12-06T23:32:37  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
654 2018-12-06T23:32:37  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 1 new commit to 0.17: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/ef70f9b52b851c7997a9f1a0834714e3eebc1fd8
655 2018-12-06T23:32:38  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.17 ef70f9b Wladimir J. van der Laan: doc: Fill in authors and changelog for 0.17.1 release notes...
656 2018-12-06T23:32:38  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
657 2018-12-06T23:34:18  *** shesek has quit IRC
658 2018-12-06T23:34:55  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
659 2018-12-06T23:36:04  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
660 2018-12-06T23:39:02  *** ap4lmtree has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
661 2018-12-06T23:41:13  <wumpus>  * [new tag]                                                                           v0.17.1rc1 -> v0.17.1rc1
662 2018-12-06T23:42:46  <promag> \o/
663 2018-12-06T23:42:55  <sipa> w00t
664 2018-12-06T23:43:51  <promag> please ping me if there are broken builds in appveyor
665 2018-12-06T23:44:54  *** josephnicholas has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
666 2018-12-06T23:46:16  *** josephnicholas has quit IRC