1 2019-01-17T00:20:20  *** ddustin has quit IRC
  2 2019-01-17T00:21:00  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  3 2019-01-17T00:25:20  *** ddustin has quit IRC
  4 2019-01-17T00:27:04  *** davec has quit IRC
  5 2019-01-17T00:28:27  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  6 2019-01-17T00:29:57  *** m8tion has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  7 2019-01-17T00:33:34  *** user__ has quit IRC
  8 2019-01-17T00:38:46  *** davec has quit IRC
  9 2019-01-17T00:40:35  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 10 2019-01-17T00:41:33  *** fanquake has quit IRC
 11 2019-01-17T00:46:37  *** drexl has quit IRC
 12 2019-01-17T00:57:52  *** mistergo1d has quit IRC
 13 2019-01-17T00:57:59  *** jarthur has quit IRC
 14 2019-01-17T00:59:08  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
 15 2019-01-17T00:59:38  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
 16 2019-01-17T01:01:14  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 17 2019-01-17T01:08:34  *** twistedline_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 18 2019-01-17T01:08:45  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
 19 2019-01-17T01:09:06  *** twistedline_ has quit IRC
 20 2019-01-17T01:10:12  *** twistedline has quit IRC
 21 2019-01-17T01:20:28  *** esotericnonsense has quit IRC
 22 2019-01-17T01:22:34  *** esotericnonsense has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2019-01-17T01:23:19  *** twistedline has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 24 2019-01-17T01:36:29  *** Murch has quit IRC
 25 2019-01-17T01:39:01  *** ThomasLuong has quit IRC
 26 2019-01-17T01:39:22  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 27 2019-01-17T01:40:37  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 28 2019-01-17T01:42:14  *** ThomasLuong has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 29 2019-01-17T01:48:38  *** Murch has quit IRC
 30 2019-01-17T01:53:54  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 31 2019-01-17T01:55:24  *** Murch has quit IRC
 32 2019-01-17T02:19:11  *** rockhouse has quit IRC
 33 2019-01-17T02:19:32  *** rockhouse has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 34 2019-01-17T02:19:49  *** victorSN has quit IRC
 35 2019-01-17T02:20:27  *** m8tion has quit IRC
 36 2019-01-17T02:21:56  *** victorSN has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 37 2019-01-17T02:24:01  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
 38 2019-01-17T02:25:08  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 39 2019-01-17T02:26:50  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 40 2019-01-17T02:26:50  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] benthecarman opened pull request #15185: docs: Spelling error fix on fuzzing.md (master...docs_fuzzing_spelling_mistake) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15185
 41 2019-01-17T02:26:50  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 42 2019-01-17T02:35:51  *** ThomasLuong has quit IRC
 43 2019-01-17T02:37:26  *** cfields_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 44 2019-01-17T02:37:48  *** davec_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 45 2019-01-17T02:37:49  *** ThomasLuong has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 46 2019-01-17T02:41:23  *** victorSN has quit IRC
 47 2019-01-17T02:41:26  *** a2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 48 2019-01-17T02:41:52  *** aj__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 49 2019-01-17T02:42:16  *** gwollon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 50 2019-01-17T02:43:04  *** [\\\] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 51 2019-01-17T02:45:30  *** CubicEarth_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 52 2019-01-17T02:45:31  *** gribble has quit IRC
 53 2019-01-17T02:46:15  *** davec has quit IRC
 54 2019-01-17T02:46:15  *** harrymm has quit IRC
 55 2019-01-17T02:46:15  *** tripleslash has quit IRC
 56 2019-01-17T02:46:15  *** CubicEarth has quit IRC
 57 2019-01-17T02:46:15  *** yxz has quit IRC
 58 2019-01-17T02:46:15  *** asoltys has quit IRC
 59 2019-01-17T02:46:15  *** sdaftuar has quit IRC
 60 2019-01-17T02:46:15  *** aj has quit IRC
 61 2019-01-17T02:46:15  *** gwillen has quit IRC
 62 2019-01-17T02:46:15  *** cfields has quit IRC
 63 2019-01-17T02:49:04  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
 64 2019-01-17T02:49:15  *** owowo has quit IRC
 65 2019-01-17T02:49:36  *** victorSN has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 66 2019-01-17T02:50:21  *** gribble has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 67 2019-01-17T02:50:54  *** harrymm has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 68 2019-01-17T02:51:22  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 69 2019-01-17T02:54:49  *** ThomasLu_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 70 2019-01-17T02:55:03  *** rhavar_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 71 2019-01-17T02:57:52  *** ThomasLuong has quit IRC
 72 2019-01-17T02:58:58  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 73 2019-01-17T03:11:05  *** asoltys has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 74 2019-01-17T03:11:05  *** sdaftuar has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 75 2019-01-17T03:13:37  *** gwollon is now known as gwillen
 76 2019-01-17T03:26:42  *** benthecarman has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 77 2019-01-17T03:34:49  <gkrizek> wumpus the problem is the 'encoding' arg to the subprocess.check_output function. That was introduced in 3.6. I don't really see a need for that parameter anyway, so I think it's safe to just remove it. I can open a PR for it
 78 2019-01-17T03:38:44  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 79 2019-01-17T03:40:28  *** aj__ is now known as aj
 80 2019-01-17T03:44:12  *** miknotauro has quit IRC
 81 2019-01-17T03:54:52  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
 82 2019-01-17T04:03:35  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
 83 2019-01-17T04:03:59  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 84 2019-01-17T04:04:26  *** schnerch_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 85 2019-01-17T04:07:12  *** schnerchi has quit IRC
 86 2019-01-17T04:08:06  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
 87 2019-01-17T04:08:32  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 88 2019-01-17T04:16:31  *** benthecarman_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 89 2019-01-17T04:17:14  *** benthecarman has quit IRC
 90 2019-01-17T04:18:52  *** bentheacarman__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 91 2019-01-17T04:19:05  *** bentheacarman__ is now known as bentheacarman
 92 2019-01-17T04:21:27  *** benthecarman_ has quit IRC
 93 2019-01-17T04:24:43  *** bentheacarman has quit IRC
 94 2019-01-17T04:32:21  *** miknotauro has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 95 2019-01-17T04:37:09  *** hebasto has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 96 2019-01-17T05:01:23  *** zshlyk has quit IRC
 97 2019-01-17T05:02:13  *** zshlyk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 98 2019-01-17T05:14:21  *** sakalli_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 99 2019-01-17T05:16:43  *** sakalli_ has quit IRC
100 2019-01-17T05:22:30  *** DeanGuss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
101 2019-01-17T05:23:27  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
102 2019-01-17T05:24:22  *** DougieBot5000_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
103 2019-01-17T05:25:20  *** DougieBot5000 is now known as Guest50520
104 2019-01-17T05:25:21  *** DougieBot5000_ is now known as DougieBot5000
105 2019-01-17T05:48:34  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
106 2019-01-17T05:55:14  *** karelb has quit IRC
107 2019-01-17T05:57:49  *** sakalli_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
108 2019-01-17T05:58:10  *** sakalli_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
109 2019-01-17T06:13:35  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
110 2019-01-17T06:13:59  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
111 2019-01-17T06:18:06  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
112 2019-01-17T06:18:30  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
113 2019-01-17T06:19:54  *** zenogais has quit IRC
114 2019-01-17T06:24:19  *** hebasto has quit IRC
115 2019-01-17T06:26:33  *** sakalli_ has quit IRC
116 2019-01-17T06:48:02  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
117 2019-01-17T06:48:11  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
118 2019-01-17T06:49:07  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
119 2019-01-17T06:55:46  <wumpus> gkrizek: the encoding parameter is for operating systems such as FreeBSD which don't set the system locale to utf-8 by default, leaving it up to python to decide what the locale is. It'll then pick ASCII only which results in problems in some cases.
120 2019-01-17T06:57:19  <wumpus> gkrizek: (for example when calling git, and any of the commit messages contains characters >=128)
121 2019-01-17T07:13:09  *** ThomasLu_ has quit IRC
122 2019-01-17T07:14:37  *** rex4539 has quit IRC
123 2019-01-17T07:18:02  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
124 2019-01-17T07:31:04  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
125 2019-01-17T07:31:04  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #15186: rpc: remove duplicate solvable field from getaddressinfo (master...duplicate-solvable-fields) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15186
126 2019-01-17T07:31:04  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
127 2019-01-17T07:37:18  *** ThomasLuong has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
128 2019-01-17T08:03:29  *** rhavar_ has quit IRC
129 2019-01-17T08:19:01  *** promag has quit IRC
130 2019-01-17T08:20:07  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
131 2019-01-17T08:24:47  *** promag has quit IRC
132 2019-01-17T08:36:05  *** jungly has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2019-01-17T08:37:32  *** bintangblue has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
134 2019-01-17T08:38:21  *** bintangblue has quit IRC
135 2019-01-17T08:39:49  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
136 2019-01-17T08:42:17  *** zshlyk has quit IRC
137 2019-01-17T08:44:45  *** zshlyk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2019-01-17T08:58:35  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
139 2019-01-17T08:58:59  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
140 2019-01-17T09:03:15  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
141 2019-01-17T09:03:39  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
142 2019-01-17T09:18:56  *** ThomasLuong has quit IRC
143 2019-01-17T09:22:36  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
144 2019-01-17T09:22:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Empact closed pull request #15133: [WIP] test: Extract BuildCrediting/SpendingTransaction to shared factories folder (master...factories) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15133
145 2019-01-17T09:22:36  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
146 2019-01-17T09:47:48  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
147 2019-01-17T09:48:09  *** Wilmar has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
148 2019-01-17T09:49:50  *** Wilmar has quit IRC
149 2019-01-17T09:52:26  *** promag has quit IRC
150 2019-01-17T09:53:03  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
151 2019-01-17T09:53:35  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
152 2019-01-17T09:53:59  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
153 2019-01-17T09:56:48  *** hebasto has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
154 2019-01-17T09:58:06  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
155 2019-01-17T09:58:30  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
156 2019-01-17T10:06:44  *** setpill has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
157 2019-01-17T10:28:59  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
158 2019-01-17T10:49:27  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
159 2019-01-17T10:52:02  <promag> wumpus: pushKV should assert(key not exist)
160 2019-01-17T10:52:41  <promag> it checks for duplicate but overwrites
161 2019-01-17T10:53:06  *** spinza has quit IRC
162 2019-01-17T10:53:15  <promag> I don't think that's our use case (from API point of view)
163 2019-01-17T10:58:35  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
164 2019-01-17T10:58:59  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
165 2019-01-17T11:00:38  <hebasto> wumpus: hi, mind reviewing #14250?
166 2019-01-17T11:00:39  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14250 | qt: Remove redundant stopThread() and stopExecutor() signals by hebasto · Pull Request #14250 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
167 2019-01-17T11:03:23  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
168 2019-01-17T11:03:47  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
169 2019-01-17T11:08:35  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
170 2019-01-17T11:08:59  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
171 2019-01-17T11:13:06  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
172 2019-01-17T11:13:31  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
173 2019-01-17T11:14:22  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
174 2019-01-17T11:16:55  *** rex4539 has quit IRC
175 2019-01-17T11:21:02  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
176 2019-01-17T11:30:02  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
177 2019-01-17T11:33:35  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
178 2019-01-17T11:33:59  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
179 2019-01-17T11:38:08  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
180 2019-01-17T11:38:33  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
181 2019-01-17T11:45:54  *** miknotauro has quit IRC
182 2019-01-17T11:48:06  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
183 2019-01-17T11:54:00  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
184 2019-01-17T12:03:35  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
185 2019-01-17T12:03:59  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
186 2019-01-17T12:04:40  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
187 2019-01-17T12:06:14  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
188 2019-01-17T12:13:08  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
189 2019-01-17T12:13:32  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
190 2019-01-17T12:18:19  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
191 2019-01-17T12:27:47  *** TheRec has quit IRC
192 2019-01-17T12:29:57  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
193 2019-01-17T12:32:59  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
194 2019-01-17T12:33:00  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
195 2019-01-17T12:33:00  <wumpus> promag: from the point of view of our API that's true, though on the other hand there's nothing in JSON that disallows multiple values per key
196 2019-01-17T12:33:20  <wumpus> hebasto: sure
197 2019-01-17T12:35:12  <wumpus> promag: and checking that *efficiently* would involve adding a set to the Univalue type; not instead, but in addition to the vector because we want to preserve order as well
198 2019-01-17T12:35:54  <promag> true, univalue is generic and that's fine. just think it could have more specialized mutations. for instance, pushKV should be setKV ?
199 2019-01-17T12:35:56  <wumpus> (also asserting is really dangerous here; it can turn a mild asthetic issue into a crash)
200 2019-01-17T12:36:47  <promag> wumpus: that should be fine, we don't use user keys
201 2019-01-17T12:36:58  <wumpus> (say, REST returns some JSON structure and the code can be manipulated to add the same field twice, somehow, whoopsie instant DoS - a better solution would be to replace the value for the existing key)
202 2019-01-17T12:37:47  <wumpus> that'd also be "javascript semantics" FWIW, in any case there's no need to overreact to this case
203 2019-01-17T12:38:11  *** farmerwampum__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
204 2019-01-17T12:38:28  <promag> wumpus: look #14984 for instance
205 2019-01-17T12:38:30  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14984 | rpc: Speedup getrawmempool when verbose=true by promag · Pull Request #14984 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
206 2019-01-17T12:38:30  <wumpus> if there's anything to worry that would be that this should have been caught at *review time* :)
207 2019-01-17T12:39:47  <promag> I'm not arguing it shouldn't be caught at review time
208 2019-01-17T12:40:57  <wumpus> I know, but I mean *if* this should trigger any kind of discussion it's that; the end result of a key appearing twice on the API is hardly a problem, the only worry (if this was, say, a silent merge issue) is that it could have been worse
209 2019-01-17T12:41:16  <wumpus> *silent merge conflict*
210 2019-01-17T12:41:42  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
211 2019-01-17T12:41:42  *** farmerwampum_ has quit IRC
212 2019-01-17T12:42:01  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
213 2019-01-17T12:46:01  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
214 2019-01-17T12:47:08  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
215 2019-01-17T12:49:07  *** promag has quit IRC
216 2019-01-17T12:54:31  *** m8tion has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
217 2019-01-17T12:59:46  *** mistergold has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
218 2019-01-17T13:16:39  *** schnerch_ has quit IRC
219 2019-01-17T13:17:05  *** schnerchi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
220 2019-01-17T13:22:45  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
221 2019-01-17T13:23:53  <fanquake> wumpus how often do you use the mallocinfo mode for getmemoryinfo ?
222 2019-01-17T13:24:04  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
223 2019-01-17T13:28:35  *** farmerwampum__ has quit IRC
224 2019-01-17T13:29:03  *** farmerwampum_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
225 2019-01-17T13:31:51  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
226 2019-01-17T13:32:24  *** TheRec_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
227 2019-01-17T13:32:24  *** TheRec_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
228 2019-01-17T13:33:08  *** farmerwampum_ has quit IRC
229 2019-01-17T13:33:44  *** TheRec has quit IRC
230 2019-01-17T13:33:50  *** TheRec_ has quit IRC
231 2019-01-17T13:34:01  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
232 2019-01-17T13:34:01  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
233 2019-01-17T13:34:40  *** Sunil_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
234 2019-01-17T13:35:00  *** TheRec has quit IRC
235 2019-01-17T13:35:32  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
236 2019-01-17T13:35:32  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
237 2019-01-17T13:36:03  *** promag has quit IRC
238 2019-01-17T13:36:41  *** TheRec has quit IRC
239 2019-01-17T13:38:08  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
240 2019-01-17T13:38:08  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
241 2019-01-17T13:39:40  *** TheRec has quit IRC
242 2019-01-17T13:40:21  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
243 2019-01-17T13:40:21  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
244 2019-01-17T13:40:27  *** Sunil_ has quit IRC
245 2019-01-17T13:41:14  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
246 2019-01-17T13:41:15  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/fcb6694a9945...7ee604487f54
247 2019-01-17T13:41:15  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1c0e0a5 Hennadii Stepanov: Remove redundant stopThread() signal
248 2019-01-17T13:41:15  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 24313fb Hennadii Stepanov: Remove redundant stopExecutor() signal
249 2019-01-17T13:41:16  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7ee6044 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #14250: qt: Remove redundant stopThread() and stopExecutor() signals...
250 2019-01-17T13:41:16  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
251 2019-01-17T13:41:47  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
252 2019-01-17T13:41:47  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #14250: qt: Remove redundant stopThread() and stopExecutor() signals (master...stopthread-signal) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14250
253 2019-01-17T13:41:47  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
254 2019-01-17T13:44:16  *** mistergold has quit IRC
255 2019-01-17T13:44:38  *** TheRec has quit IRC
256 2019-01-17T13:51:20  *** hebasto_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
257 2019-01-17T13:51:42  *** hebasto has quit IRC
258 2019-01-17T13:51:46  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
259 2019-01-17T13:51:46  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
260 2019-01-17T13:54:16  *** TheRec_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
261 2019-01-17T13:56:18  *** TheRec has quit IRC
262 2019-01-17T14:01:05  <wumpus> fanquake: not often, why?
263 2019-01-17T14:01:34  *** TheRec_ has quit IRC
264 2019-01-17T14:03:42  <fanquake> wumpus just curious, don't see it mentioned often, and had just about forgotten it was a thing, but am writing RPC wrappers. Can't use it on macOS anyways.
265 2019-01-17T14:05:57  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
266 2019-01-17T14:06:23  <wumpus> it's mostly useful for developers when diagnosing some kinds of allocation behavior
267 2019-01-17T14:14:51  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
268 2019-01-17T14:19:14  *** TheRec has quit IRC
269 2019-01-17T14:23:46  *** guga has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
270 2019-01-17T14:27:24  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
271 2019-01-17T14:28:48  <dongcarl> luke-jr: how does OpenRC work with env vars? How are they passed to the service?
272 2019-01-17T14:29:37  <dongcarl> I can do the same for #12255, which means the user can override env vars in their systemd unit
273 2019-01-17T14:29:39  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12255 | Update bitcoin.service to conform to init.md by dongcarl · Pull Request #12255 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
274 2019-01-17T14:31:26  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
275 2019-01-17T14:32:17  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
276 2019-01-17T14:33:49  *** cluelessperson_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
277 2019-01-17T14:34:58  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
278 2019-01-17T14:34:58  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
279 2019-01-17T14:36:23  <gkrizek> wumpus thanks for the explanation on the encoding arg. So is there a work around for 3.4? That arg wasn’t introduced until 3.6.
280 2019-01-17T14:37:08  *** cluelessperson_ has quit IRC
281 2019-01-17T14:37:30  *** cluelessperson_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
282 2019-01-17T14:37:32  *** zshlyk has quit IRC
283 2019-01-17T14:38:32  *** zshlyk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
284 2019-01-17T14:38:40  *** spaced0ut has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
285 2019-01-17T14:39:34  *** setpill has quit IRC
286 2019-01-17T14:39:55  *** setpill has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
287 2019-01-17T14:51:15  <wumpus> gkrizek: I don't know if there's a workaround for earlier versions :/
288 2019-01-17T14:52:29  <wumpus> well, one way would be to read *bytes* from the pipe and convert it to utf-8 using an encoder
289 2019-01-17T14:52:37  *** miknotauro has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
290 2019-01-17T14:52:56  <wumpus> I think I did this in the github-merge script
291 2019-01-17T14:54:14  <wumpus> can't wait until we can support 3.6 as minimum python version tbh, this keeps coming up
292 2019-01-17T14:56:18  *** m8tion has quit IRC
293 2019-01-17T14:56:54  <gkrizek> Ha, I agree. Ok I’ll try to look around and find some other scripts to see how they do it
294 2019-01-17T15:01:27  <wumpus> yes see contrib/devtools/github-merge.py
295 2019-01-17T15:04:13  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
296 2019-01-17T15:04:14  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7ee604487f54...003a47f804b1
297 2019-01-17T15:04:15  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 31097b7 benthecarman: docs: Spelling error fix on fuzzing.md
298 2019-01-17T15:04:15  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 003a47f MarcoFalke: Merge #15185: docs: Spelling error fix on fuzzing.md...
299 2019-01-17T15:04:16  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
300 2019-01-17T15:05:06  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
301 2019-01-17T15:05:06  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #15185: docs: Spelling error fix on fuzzing.md (master...docs_fuzzing_spelling_mistake) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15185
302 2019-01-17T15:05:06  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
303 2019-01-17T15:10:03  *** miknotauro has quit IRC
304 2019-01-17T15:10:26  *** spaced0ut has quit IRC
305 2019-01-17T15:11:06  *** farmerwampum_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
306 2019-01-17T15:13:42  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
307 2019-01-17T15:14:16  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
308 2019-01-17T15:15:24  *** setpill has quit IRC
309 2019-01-17T15:22:12  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
310 2019-01-17T15:23:28  <fanquake> Looks like configuring with zmq on macOS is broken after brew bumped to 4.3.1 :(
311 2019-01-17T15:24:58  <wumpus> hmm
312 2019-01-17T15:26:24  <fanquake> Some discussion here: https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/pull/35940#issuecomment-454177261
313 2019-01-17T15:27:00  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
314 2019-01-17T15:27:26  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
315 2019-01-17T15:27:26  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift opened pull request #15187: fees: Complete the removal of fee-estimation file read code for old versions (master...fee-estimation) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15187
316 2019-01-17T15:27:26  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
317 2019-01-17T15:32:03  *** zenogais has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
318 2019-01-17T15:32:42  *** kewde[m] has quit IRC
319 2019-01-17T15:33:19  *** savil has quit IRC
320 2019-01-17T15:33:27  *** ajtowns[m] has quit IRC
321 2019-01-17T15:33:28  *** TheFuzzStone[m] has quit IRC
322 2019-01-17T15:33:32  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
323 2019-01-17T15:33:50  *** ajtowns[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
324 2019-01-17T15:34:38  *** michaelsdunn1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
325 2019-01-17T15:34:38  *** michaelsdunn1 has quit IRC
326 2019-01-17T15:34:38  *** michaelsdunn1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
327 2019-01-17T15:36:16  *** kewde[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
328 2019-01-17T15:38:05  *** spaced0ut has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
329 2019-01-17T15:39:12  *** Bilith_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
330 2019-01-17T15:39:53  *** savil has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
331 2019-01-17T15:42:52  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
332 2019-01-17T15:43:21  *** TheFuzzStone[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
333 2019-01-17T15:43:43  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
334 2019-01-17T15:45:41  *** mistergold has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
335 2019-01-17T15:56:42  <wumpus> fanquake: so it might be a bug in their packaging of the new version, instead of the code itself?
336 2019-01-17T15:56:42  *** dabedoc has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
337 2019-01-17T15:56:57  *** ExtraCrispy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
338 2019-01-17T15:58:07  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
339 2019-01-17T15:58:07  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 5 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/003a47f804b1...12b30105fc59
340 2019-01-17T15:58:08  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 638e53b practicalswift: Pin shellcheck version to v0.6.0
341 2019-01-17T15:58:08  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 07a53dc practicalswift: Remove repeated suppression. Fix indentation.
342 2019-01-17T15:58:09  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0b7196e practicalswift: Fix warnings introduced in shellcheck v0.6.0
343 2019-01-17T15:58:09  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
344 2019-01-17T15:58:35  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
345 2019-01-17T15:58:48  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
346 2019-01-17T15:58:48  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #15166: qa: Pin shellcheck version (master...opt-out-of-new-shellcheck-warnings) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15166
347 2019-01-17T15:58:48  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
348 2019-01-17T15:58:59  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
349 2019-01-17T16:03:07  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
350 2019-01-17T16:03:31  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
351 2019-01-17T16:05:44  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
352 2019-01-17T16:09:19  <hebasto_> provoostenator: thanks
353 2019-01-17T16:11:41  *** m8tion has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
354 2019-01-17T16:12:51  *** dabedoc has quit IRC
355 2019-01-17T16:16:37  *** shesek has quit IRC
356 2019-01-17T16:18:10  *** guga has quit IRC
357 2019-01-17T16:19:39  *** Bilith_ has quit IRC
358 2019-01-17T16:20:09  *** mistergold has quit IRC
359 2019-01-17T16:20:42  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
360 2019-01-17T16:25:26  <jnewbery> promag: I've lost the thread a bit on where we are with #13100. Is there a path to getting all the load/unload/create wallet functionality into the GUI for v0.18?
361 2019-01-17T16:25:28  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13100 | gui: Add dynamic wallets support by promag · Pull Request #13100 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
362 2019-01-17T16:26:23  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
363 2019-01-17T16:26:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] rex4539 opened pull request #15188: Update zmq to 4.3.1 (master...update-zmq) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15188
364 2019-01-17T16:26:23  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
365 2019-01-17T16:33:15  <luke-jr> dongcarl: /etc/conf.d/<servicename> sets them, and they're in the environment for the init script
366 2019-01-17T16:33:35  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
367 2019-01-17T16:33:59  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
368 2019-01-17T16:34:03  <dongcarl> I see... I think I'll make it easy to override for systemd as well then. Thanks!
369 2019-01-17T16:43:11  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
370 2019-01-17T16:44:47  *** zenogais has quit IRC
371 2019-01-17T16:46:24  *** ThomasLuong has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
372 2019-01-17T16:46:51  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
373 2019-01-17T16:53:35  *** ExtraCrispy has quit IRC
374 2019-01-17T16:57:32  *** zenogais has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
375 2019-01-17T16:59:40  *** ThomasLuong has quit IRC
376 2019-01-17T16:59:51  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
377 2019-01-17T17:01:51  *** farmerwampum_ has quit IRC
378 2019-01-17T17:01:52  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
379 2019-01-17T17:08:31  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
380 2019-01-17T17:08:31  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
381 2019-01-17T17:11:26  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
382 2019-01-17T17:15:28  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
383 2019-01-17T17:16:00  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
384 2019-01-17T17:18:41  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
385 2019-01-17T17:20:06  <wumpus> ryanofsky: thanks for the extensive reviews on various PRs by the way
386 2019-01-17T17:25:47  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
387 2019-01-17T17:29:15  <promag> could #15101 be merged?
388 2019-01-17T17:29:18  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15101 | gui: Add WalletController by promag · Pull Request #15101 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
389 2019-01-17T17:40:06  <wumpus> promag: it's quite a large chance to the gui, would be nice if jonasschnelli could at least take a look at it
390 2019-01-17T17:40:48  *** elichai2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
391 2019-01-17T17:43:51  *** wumpus has quit IRC
392 2019-01-17T17:43:56  *** ThomasLuong has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
393 2019-01-17T17:44:07  *** wumpus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
394 2019-01-17T17:44:38  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
395 2019-01-17T17:45:40  *** farmerwampum has left #bitcoin-core-dev
396 2019-01-17T17:48:22  *** riemann has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
397 2019-01-17T17:51:04  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
398 2019-01-17T17:59:42  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
399 2019-01-17T18:03:25  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
400 2019-01-17T18:03:59  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
401 2019-01-17T18:05:26  *** davec_ has quit IRC
402 2019-01-17T18:07:08  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
403 2019-01-17T18:10:43  *** promag has quit IRC
404 2019-01-17T18:13:53  *** jungly has quit IRC
405 2019-01-17T18:15:48  *** mistergold has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
406 2019-01-17T18:18:53  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
407 2019-01-17T18:22:34  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
408 2019-01-17T18:23:27  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
409 2019-01-17T18:29:18  *** Ghost-Coder0101 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
410 2019-01-17T18:34:36  *** Ghost-Coder0101 has quit IRC
411 2019-01-17T18:43:45  *** laurentmt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
412 2019-01-17T18:53:52  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
413 2019-01-17T18:55:48  <jonasschnelli> I'll take a closer look
414 2019-01-17T18:59:23  <wumpus> jonasschnelli: thank you!
415 2019-01-17T19:00:05  <luke-jr> hi
416 2019-01-17T19:00:17  <jonasschnelli> hi
417 2019-01-17T19:00:29  <gleb> hi
418 2019-01-17T19:00:45  <promag> hi
419 2019-01-17T19:00:48  <promag> jonasschnelli: ty
420 2019-01-17T19:01:06  <wumpus> #startmeeting
421 2019-01-17T19:01:06  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Jan 17 19:01:06 2019 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
422 2019-01-17T19:01:06  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
423 2019-01-17T19:01:10  <achow101> hi
424 2019-01-17T19:01:15  <sipa> hi, will have to run in 5-10 minutes
425 2019-01-17T19:01:35  <jamesob> hi
426 2019-01-17T19:01:44  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb
427 2019-01-17T19:02:02  <instagibbs> sup
428 2019-01-17T19:02:24  <wumpus> any topics?
429 2019-01-17T19:02:40  <wumpus> (nothing scheduled in moneyball's list)
430 2019-01-17T19:03:00  <kanzure> hi.
431 2019-01-17T19:03:27  <gleb> I would appreciate if we prioritize 14897 because a) I know someone stacks new changes on top of it and b) people on twitter are really exciting about replicating the topology inference through this vuln. on mainnet :)
432 2019-01-17T19:03:35  <jonasschnelli> #14897
433 2019-01-17T19:03:38  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14897 | randomize GETDATA(tx) request order and introduce bias toward outbound by naumenkogs · Pull Request #14897 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
434 2019-01-17T19:03:54  <wumpus> #topic high priority for review
435 2019-01-17T19:04:13  <meshcollider> hi
436 2019-01-17T19:04:42  <wumpus> gleb: ok added
437 2019-01-17T19:04:47  <wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8
438 2019-01-17T19:05:14  <gleb> wumpus: thanks!
439 2019-01-17T19:05:58  *** laurentmt has quit IRC
440 2019-01-17T19:06:26  <wumpus> anyone wants anything to be added and/or removed otherwise? 7 is quite a lot of things to have in the list, in any case
441 2019-01-17T19:06:58  <wumpus> anything nearing ready for merge?
442 2019-01-17T19:07:10  <sipa> i'll go through them soon
443 2019-01-17T19:07:13  <luke-jr> it seems 14897 was rewritten to do some refactoring too
444 2019-01-17T19:07:25  <sipa> #14897
445 2019-01-17T19:07:27  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14897 | randomize GETDATA(tx) request order and introduce bias toward outbound by naumenkogs · Pull Request #14897 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
446 2019-01-17T19:07:34  <luke-jr> I would think it'd be nice to get a minimal implementation of the change reviewed and merged, and THEN do the refactoring
447 2019-01-17T19:07:42  <luke-jr> that way the former can be backported easier
448 2019-01-17T19:07:49  <wumpus> looks like meshcollider could take over jnewbery's branch in #14491 to make it pass travis again
449 2019-01-17T19:07:52  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14491 | Allow descriptor imports with importmulti by MeshCollider · Pull Request #14491 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
450 2019-01-17T19:07:59  <meshcollider> Yep I'll do that shortly
451 2019-01-17T19:08:27  <sipa> luke-jr: i'm not sure that's possible; do you see anything obvious that could be left out?
452 2019-01-17T19:08:58  <sipa> or gleb ?
453 2019-01-17T19:09:11  <luke-jr> sipa: well, the original PR was apparently 60 LOC changed, and it got revised by request?
454 2019-01-17T19:09:58  <gleb> Half of the new LOC is a comment :)
455 2019-01-17T19:10:41  <gleb> Most of the comments on the original work were about *significant* refactoring (move from net to net_processing), which I did
456 2019-01-17T19:11:27  <luke-jr> you mean insignificant?
457 2019-01-17T19:11:34  <wumpus> if you got those comments and implemented them I think it's unfair to complain about it now
458 2019-01-17T19:11:40  <luke-jr> I'm not sure I have the original code to compare
459 2019-01-17T19:12:27  <luke-jr> if it was just a code move, no worries
460 2019-01-17T19:12:47  <luke-jr> gmaxwell's suggestion sounded more in depth than that though
461 2019-01-17T19:13:00  <achow101> luke-jr: github shows the diffs between force pushes now
462 2019-01-17T19:13:14  <luke-jr> achow101: how?
463 2019-01-17T19:13:30  <luke-jr> ooh, neat
464 2019-01-17T19:13:38  <wumpus> ok, any other topics?
465 2019-01-17T19:13:41  <luke-jr> rebasing seems to break it though
466 2019-01-17T19:14:18  <meshcollider> achow101: only in a nice way if it was a commit amendment, rebases are impossible to read
467 2019-01-17T19:14:33  <gleb> luke-jr: Well, I first did what gmaxwell suggested (before other reviews), THEN received refactoring comments, and then we moved code. Not sure which step was wrong and what I should've done better :)
468 2019-01-17T19:14:50  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
469 2019-01-17T19:14:51  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift closed pull request #15187: fees: Complete the removal of fee-estimation file read code for old versions (master...fee-estimation) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15187
470 2019-01-17T19:14:51  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
471 2019-01-17T19:15:10  <luke-jr> gleb: I'm not saying any of it was wrong, just that doing it in two separate steps/PRs would make it easier to backport ONLY the fix part
472 2019-01-17T19:15:39  <wumpus> if people deem the refactor a necessary part of this, then that should be backported too
473 2019-01-17T19:15:54  <sipa> mostly afk, but will check occasionally if someone pings me
474 2019-01-17T19:17:01  <wumpus> but sure if it's possible to do a minimal fix for the 0.17 branch that might be less risky, if this is a risky refactor, but if it's move-only I don't think that's the case
475 2019-01-17T19:17:11  <wumpus> for master this is fine anyhow
476 2019-01-17T19:17:14  <wumpus> any other topics?
477 2019-01-17T19:20:40  <wumpus> apparently not! that's a short meeting then
478 2019-01-17T19:21:25  <wumpus> #endmeeting
479 2019-01-17T19:21:25  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Jan 17 19:21:25 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
480 2019-01-17T19:21:25  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-01-17-19.01.html
481 2019-01-17T19:21:25  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-01-17-19.01.txt
482 2019-01-17T19:21:25  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-01-17-19.01.log.html
483 2019-01-17T19:24:55  <sipa> sorry, seems i killed the party :)
484 2019-01-17T19:25:30  <wumpus> are people traveling or is something going on?
485 2019-01-17T19:26:46  <jonasschnelli> The usual january-downer probably. :)
486 2019-01-17T19:26:55  <wumpus> ahh :)
487 2019-01-17T19:27:14  <sipa> i'm about to fly to boston for the mystery hunt
488 2019-01-17T19:28:50  <jonasschnelli> promag: with 15101, does that mean we would no longer instantiate the WalletModels at startup?  (ref: with getOrCreateModel())
489 2019-01-17T19:31:16  *** air_willy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
490 2019-01-17T19:31:26  <promag> WalletController construtor queries interfaces::Node for all current wallets and instantiates respective WalletModel's
491 2019-01-17T19:31:40  <promag> jonasschnelli: ^
492 2019-01-17T19:34:06  *** rabidus has quit IRC
493 2019-01-17T19:35:41  <jonasschnelli> promag: your pull makes first use of QMutexLocker? Would it be terrible wrong to use the core class synchronisation stuff?
494 2019-01-17T19:35:54  <jonasschnelli> But its probably a non issue
495 2019-01-17T19:35:58  <jonasschnelli> (to use QMutexLocker)
496 2019-01-17T19:36:09  *** rabidus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
497 2019-01-17T19:37:51  <promag> jonasschnelli: that's true
498 2019-01-17T19:38:35  <promag> jonasschnelli: I can replace
499 2019-01-17T19:39:15  <jonasschnelli> I'm not sure if it makes a difference... so I'll leave it up to you. Was just a thought
500 2019-01-17T19:39:45  <jonasschnelli> But most places in the GUI code we just use our marcos (LOCK/LOCK2)
501 2019-01-17T19:39:53  <jonasschnelli> *macros
502 2019-01-17T19:40:11  <wumpus> if the lock is not shared with the core code, I think it's fine to use qt primitives
503 2019-01-17T19:40:29  <wumpus> we also use qt's threading primitives in the qt code
504 2019-01-17T19:41:10  <luke-jr> it may actually be safer to use Qt mutexes with Qt threading
505 2019-01-17T19:41:14  <jonasschnelli> Yeah. I agree. I only thought: "what if we port the code to the Core layer"... but I guess that never happens.
506 2019-01-17T19:41:30  <luke-jr> well, porting implies changing that then :p
507 2019-01-17T19:41:37  <jonasschnelli> that *will* never happen
508 2019-01-17T19:41:39  *** Krellan has quit IRC
509 2019-01-17T19:41:56  <jonasschnelli> expect we'r writing a curses-like terminal UI.
510 2019-01-17T19:42:50  *** np has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
511 2019-01-17T19:42:58  <jonasschnelli> I agree with luke-jr, wumpus . Lets keep using QMutexLocker with QThread
512 2019-01-17T19:44:02  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
513 2019-01-17T19:45:08  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
514 2019-01-17T19:47:04  *** np has quit IRC
515 2019-01-17T19:49:24  *** Chuck_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
516 2019-01-17T19:53:30  <promag> ok, I won't change :P
517 2019-01-17T19:55:06  <wumpus> ok
518 2019-01-17T19:55:58  *** air_willy has quit IRC
519 2019-01-17T20:01:28  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
520 2019-01-17T20:01:28  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift opened pull request #15189: validation: Add missing cs_nBlockSequenceId lock in UnloadBlockIndex(). Add missing locking annotation for nBlockSequenceId. (master...cs_nBlockSequenceId) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15189
521 2019-01-17T20:01:28  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
522 2019-01-17T20:07:08  *** shesek has quit IRC
523 2019-01-17T20:09:59  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
524 2019-01-17T20:10:00  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] LifeIsPizza opened pull request #15190: [Trivial] Update copyright comments to 2019 (master...copyright-2019) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15190
525 2019-01-17T20:10:00  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
526 2019-01-17T20:10:32  <luke-jr> ^ here we go..
527 2019-01-17T20:12:27  <sipa> every year :p
528 2019-01-17T20:13:04  <gwillen> can we like, spent a few bucks to get a legal opinion that says you don't have to have the year in every file for it to count? :-P
529 2019-01-17T20:13:10  <gwillen> I know that many projects do not do this anymore
530 2019-01-17T20:13:19  <gwillen> spend*
531 2019-01-17T20:13:58  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
532 2019-01-17T20:13:58  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] LifeIsPizza closed pull request #15190: [Trivial] Update copyright comments to 2019 (master...copyright-2019) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15190
533 2019-01-17T20:13:58  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
534 2019-01-17T20:14:26  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
535 2019-01-17T20:16:16  <sipa> gwillen: IANAL but i believe those copyright statements per file (and much less the year indications) are almost certainly worthless, especially when attributing to "The Bitcoin Core developers", which is not a legal entity
536 2019-01-17T20:16:26  <wumpus> it wouldn't prevent people from opening such PRs anyway
537 2019-01-17T20:16:52  <wumpus> and just posting 'we do this at the end of the year' then closing isn't exactly that much work
538 2019-01-17T20:16:55  <gwillen> sipa: I am in total agreement with you on this
539 2019-01-17T20:17:17  <gwillen> right, but we do still actually do it, right?
540 2019-01-17T20:17:35  <wumpus> yes, once per year with an automated script
541 2019-01-17T20:17:40  <gwillen> ahh, *nods*
542 2019-01-17T20:18:01  <gwillen> removing all the years would prevent the PRs and having to run the script, but if it's fully automated I guess it could be worse.
543 2019-01-17T20:18:27  *** promag has quit IRC
544 2019-01-17T20:18:59  <wumpus> hah yes, that's true, removing the years would make it impossible for people to make PR changing them
545 2019-01-17T20:20:44  <gwillen> also like, when I made a new file that was largely code copied from another file, I spent some time contemplating what exactly I should do for the copyright header
546 2019-01-17T20:21:01  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
547 2019-01-17T20:21:01  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift opened pull request #15191: validation: Add missing cs_LastBlockFile locks in PruneAndFlush() and UnloadBlockIndex(). Add missing locking annotation for nLastBlockFile and fCheckForPruning. (master...cs_LastBlockFile) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15191
548 2019-01-17T20:21:01  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
549 2019-01-17T20:21:03  <gwillen> which would be fixed by having a generic invariant one.
550 2019-01-17T20:22:12  <luke-jr> gwillen: copyright counts even if there's no copyright notice at all
551 2019-01-17T20:22:17  <luke-jr> IANAL also btw
552 2019-01-17T20:23:51  <gwillen> yeah, this is true. I was going to say that a written copyright notice still does something, but after quickly reading the wikipedia article on copyright notices to refresh my memory... it's not actually clear that they have any practical effect here
553 2019-01-17T20:24:27  <[\\\]> According to copyright.gov, "Copyright notice is optional for works published on or after March 1, 1989, unpublished works, and foreign works; however, there are legal benefits for including notice on your work."
554 2019-01-17T20:24:32  <[\\\]> https://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ03.pdf
555 2019-01-17T20:24:43  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
556 2019-01-17T20:25:05  <gwillen> the strongest benefit that Wikipedia lists is that it prevents an infringer from claiming ignorance as a defense, which would reduce statutory penalties
557 2019-01-17T20:25:18  <wumpus> also mind that this is an international project, not only US law counts
558 2019-01-17T20:25:40  <gwillen> anyway I'm not advocating removing the notice
559 2019-01-17T20:25:50  <luke-jr> arguably, we can't remove it entirely due to the MIT license and Satoshi's notices
560 2019-01-17T20:26:13  <gwillen> just replacing it with some kind of simple fixed notice with a pointer to the COPYING file, without varying years or names other than "the Bitcoin developers" or what have you
561 2019-01-17T20:26:21  <wumpus> IIRC the idea was to remove the years, not the entire notice
562 2019-01-17T20:26:38  <gwillen> yeah, I would advocate for removing anything that changes between files
563 2019-01-17T20:26:39  <luke-jr> fwiw, from me, ACK removing years
564 2019-01-17T20:26:45  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
565 2019-01-17T20:26:46  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift closed pull request #15189: validation: Add missing lock in UnloadBlockIndex(). Add missing locking annotation for nBlockSequenceId. (master...cs_nBlockSequenceId) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15189
566 2019-01-17T20:26:46  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
567 2019-01-17T20:29:02  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
568 2019-01-17T20:31:11  <wumpus> how does the "Needs gitian build" label work? I've added it to #15188, does this mean it will automatically pick it up?
569 2019-01-17T20:31:12  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15188 | Update zmq to 4.3.1 by rex4539 · Pull Request #15188 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
570 2019-01-17T20:33:16  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
571 2019-01-17T20:37:48  *** promag has quit IRC
572 2019-01-17T20:44:17  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
573 2019-01-17T20:44:48  *** fabianfabian has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
574 2019-01-17T20:45:30  *** trotski2000 has quit IRC
575 2019-01-17T20:45:35  *** promag has quit IRC
576 2019-01-17T20:45:49  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
577 2019-01-17T20:50:27  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
578 2019-01-17T20:57:36  <luke-jr> wumpus: fwiw, it's not exactly pretty, but I haven't had any problem reports from https://github.com/bitcoinknots/bitcoin/commit/8261704f7fec4e3879f2b018fc27eb8834e698a6 so far
579 2019-01-17T21:02:50  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
580 2019-01-17T21:04:03  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
581 2019-01-17T21:04:18  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
582 2019-01-17T21:06:50  *** Chuck_ has quit IRC
583 2019-01-17T21:07:16  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
584 2019-01-17T21:17:38  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
585 2019-01-17T21:17:39  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/12b30105fc59...cd42553b1178
586 2019-01-17T21:17:39  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7c572c4 Hennadii Stepanov: Add workaround for QProgressDialog bug on macOS...
587 2019-01-17T21:17:40  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master cd42553 Jonas Schnelli: Merge #15040: qt: Add workaround for QProgressDialog bug on macOS...
588 2019-01-17T21:17:40  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
589 2019-01-17T21:18:17  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
590 2019-01-17T21:18:17  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli closed pull request #15040: qt: Add workaround for QProgressDialog bug on macOS (master...20181226-fix-macos-qprogressdialog) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15040
591 2019-01-17T21:18:17  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
592 2019-01-17T21:22:45  *** DeanGuss has quit IRC
593 2019-01-17T21:24:46  <jonasschnelli> This is eventually ready #14353 (maybe another review)?
594 2019-01-17T21:24:49  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14353 | REST: add blockhash call, fetch blockhash by height by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #14353 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
595 2019-01-17T21:28:28  *** cryptapus has quit IRC
596 2019-01-17T21:29:43  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
597 2019-01-17T21:29:43  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift opened pull request #15192: Add missing cs_main locks in ThreadImport(...)/Shutdown(...)/gettxoutsetinfo(...)/InitScriptExecutionCache() and benchmarks/tests. Add annotations. (master...validation-cs_main) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15192
598 2019-01-17T21:29:43  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
599 2019-01-17T21:31:53  *** cryptapus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
600 2019-01-17T21:32:19  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
601 2019-01-17T21:32:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift closed pull request #11652: Add missing locks: validation.cpp + related (master...init-and-validation-locks) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/11652
602 2019-01-17T21:32:19  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
603 2019-01-17T21:35:26  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
604 2019-01-17T21:39:55  *** AJ__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
605 2019-01-17T21:40:22  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
606 2019-01-17T21:47:31  *** hebasto_ has quit IRC
607 2019-01-17T21:55:33  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
608 2019-01-17T21:55:33  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sdaftuar opened pull request #15193: Default -whitelistforcelay to off (master...2019-01-forcerelayoff) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15193
609 2019-01-17T21:55:33  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
610 2019-01-17T22:02:01  *** michaelsdunn1 has quit IRC
611 2019-01-17T22:02:35  *** michaelsdunn1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
612 2019-01-17T22:02:56  *** michaelsdunn1 has quit IRC
613 2019-01-17T22:06:15  *** miknotauro has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
614 2019-01-17T22:13:27  *** spinza has quit IRC
615 2019-01-17T22:28:23  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
616 2019-01-17T22:32:51  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
617 2019-01-17T22:39:54  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
618 2019-01-17T22:42:12  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
619 2019-01-17T22:45:03  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
620 2019-01-17T22:49:16  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
621 2019-01-17T23:03:02  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
622 2019-01-17T23:03:54  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
623 2019-01-17T23:04:14  *** Aaronvan_ has quit IRC
624 2019-01-17T23:05:57  *** fabianfabian has quit IRC
625 2019-01-17T23:10:45  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
626 2019-01-17T23:17:11  <dongcarl> Any further review on https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14605 ?
627 2019-01-17T23:29:03  *** gatangan36 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
628 2019-01-17T23:29:24  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
629 2019-01-17T23:29:24  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] dongcarl opened pull request #15194: Add comment describing fDisconnect behavior (master...2019-01-add-fDisconnect-comment) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15194
630 2019-01-17T23:29:24  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
631 2019-01-17T23:29:50  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
632 2019-01-17T23:30:15  *** gatangan36 has quit IRC
633 2019-01-17T23:33:12  *** jb55 has quit IRC
634 2019-01-17T23:34:46  *** owowo has quit IRC
635 2019-01-17T23:35:28  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
636 2019-01-17T23:35:55  *** morcos has quit IRC
637 2019-01-17T23:38:14  <fanquake> wumpus looks like that might be the case
638 2019-01-17T23:38:52  <fanquake> dongcarl congrats on the Chaincode hire
639 2019-01-17T23:39:25  <dongcarl> Haha thank you thank you :-)
640 2019-01-17T23:40:15  *** morcos has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
641 2019-01-17T23:46:01  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
642 2019-01-17T23:47:08  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev