1 2019-02-14T00:05:22  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  2 2019-02-14T00:05:39  *** michaels_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  3 2019-02-14T00:07:26  *** Aaronva__ is now known as AaronvanW
  4 2019-02-14T00:10:32  *** michaels_ has quit IRC
  5 2019-02-14T00:25:28  *** Karyon has quit IRC
  6 2019-02-14T00:34:08  *** promag has quit IRC
  7 2019-02-14T00:34:46  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  8 2019-02-14T00:39:45  *** Murch has quit IRC
  9 2019-02-14T00:45:10  *** michaels_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 10 2019-02-14T00:46:50  *** skyikot has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 11 2019-02-14T00:50:24  *** michaels_ has quit IRC
 12 2019-02-14T00:52:42  *** jarthur has quit IRC
 13 2019-02-14T01:11:06  *** elichai2 has quit IRC
 14 2019-02-14T01:11:24  *** profmac has quit IRC
 15 2019-02-14T01:11:26  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
 16 2019-02-14T01:14:05  <gwillen> do I need to get more people to look at #14978
 17 2019-02-14T01:14:09  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14978 | Factor out PSBT utilities from RPCs for use in GUI code; related refactoring. by gwillen · Pull Request #14978 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 18 2019-02-14T01:14:15  <gwillen> it feels like it is almost there :-)
 19 2019-02-14T01:18:40  *** michaels_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 20 2019-02-14T01:19:37  *** spinza has quit IRC
 21 2019-02-14T01:24:02  *** michaels_ has quit IRC
 22 2019-02-14T01:27:20  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2019-02-14T01:27:20  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa opened pull request #15402: Granular invalidateblock and RewindBlockIndex (master...201902_limitrewindinvalidate) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15402
 24 2019-02-14T01:27:21  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 25 2019-02-14T01:29:04  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 26 2019-02-14T01:30:57  *** StopAndDecrypt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 27 2019-02-14T01:32:20  <sipa> gmaxwell, wumpus: ^
 28 2019-02-14T01:32:31  <sipa> infinite depth invalidateblock
 29 2019-02-14T01:38:23  *** michaels_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 30 2019-02-14T01:39:37  <gmaxwell> rewinding irrelevancy is also because the rewind is slow...
 31 2019-02-14T01:39:47  <gmaxwell> might even be faster to reindex now
 32 2019-02-14T01:40:09  *** ExtraCrispy has quit IRC
 33 2019-02-14T01:41:02  <sipa> it very likely is
 34 2019-02-14T01:41:14  *** promag has quit IRC
 35 2019-02-14T01:42:56  *** michaels_ has quit IRC
 36 2019-02-14T01:43:28  *** ExtraCrispy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 37 2019-02-14T01:50:44  *** profmac has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 38 2019-02-14T02:04:56  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 39 2019-02-14T02:12:18  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 40 2019-02-14T02:14:09  *** skyikot has quit IRC
 41 2019-02-14T02:21:18  <meshcollider> gwillen: I agree, it'd be good to get a post-rebase re-ACK from someone though
 42 2019-02-14T02:21:34  <meshcollider> Or a review from ryanofsky who had commented on it a few times
 43 2019-02-14T02:34:24  *** drexl has quit IRC
 44 2019-02-14T02:45:53  *** ExtraCrispy has quit IRC
 45 2019-02-14T03:02:50  *** TX1683 has quit IRC
 46 2019-02-14T03:09:15  *** TX1683 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 47 2019-02-14T03:50:01  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
 48 2019-02-14T03:51:08  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 49 2019-02-14T03:54:27  *** DeanGuss has quit IRC
 50 2019-02-14T03:55:25  <gwillen> thanks achow101 :-)
 51 2019-02-14T04:07:46  *** DeanGuss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 52 2019-02-14T04:37:45  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
 53 2019-02-14T04:40:16  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 54 2019-02-14T04:41:32  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
 55 2019-02-14T04:42:40  *** jtimon has quit IRC
 56 2019-02-14T04:52:50  *** DeanGuss has quit IRC
 57 2019-02-14T04:53:07  *** DeanGuss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 58 2019-02-14T05:08:07  *** DeanGuss has quit IRC
 59 2019-02-14T05:15:50  *** skyikot has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 60 2019-02-14T05:18:56  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 61 2019-02-14T05:18:57  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] amitiuttarwar opened pull request #15404: [test] Remove -txindex to start nodes (master...remove_txindex) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15404
 62 2019-02-14T05:19:05  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 63 2019-02-14T05:41:00  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 64 2019-02-14T05:44:34  *** yoyo_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 65 2019-02-14T05:50:06  *** bralyclow has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 66 2019-02-14T05:53:23  *** bralyclo_ has quit IRC
 67 2019-02-14T05:56:46  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
 68 2019-02-14T06:29:05  *** zhangzf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 69 2019-02-14T06:44:41  *** DeanGuss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 70 2019-02-14T06:51:53  * kallewoof wonders why appveyor is failing on master
 71 2019-02-14T06:54:40  *** rhavar has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 72 2019-02-14T06:54:46  * sipa also
 73 2019-02-14T06:55:00  <sipa> something something leveldb linket error
 74 2019-02-14T07:02:41  *** anonymous8587 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 75 2019-02-14T07:04:12  *** anonymous8587_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 76 2019-02-14T07:04:13  *** anonymous8587 has quit IRC
 77 2019-02-14T07:06:21  *** anonymous8587_ has quit IRC
 78 2019-02-14T07:06:40  *** anonymous8587 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 79 2019-02-14T07:08:18  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 80 2019-02-14T07:09:07  *** anonymous8587 has quit IRC
 81 2019-02-14T07:09:29  *** ap4lmtree has quit IRC
 82 2019-02-14T07:09:56  *** ap4lmtree has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 83 2019-02-14T07:29:41  <kallewoof> yeah. i can't see the reason why that would start happening though. the latest merged commits seem to have passed.
 84 2019-02-14T07:38:24  *** ap4lmtree- has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 85 2019-02-14T07:38:48  *** ap4lmtree has quit IRC
 86 2019-02-14T07:51:22  <wumpus> sipa: neat!
 87 2019-02-14T07:55:51  *** skyikot has quit IRC
 88 2019-02-14T07:57:51  *** anonymous8587 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 89 2019-02-14T08:00:10  *** anonymous8587 has quit IRC
 90 2019-02-14T08:42:08  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 91 2019-02-14T08:43:13  <provoostenator> That may have my fault :-)
 92 2019-02-14T08:43:43  <provoostenator> I think AppVeyor works sequentally and I've had to restart it a few times and tried to bust the cache for my PR.
 93 2019-02-14T08:44:12  <provoostenator> I think busting the cache may worked, because this error is also why I get on AppVeyor on my own repo against master.
 94 2019-02-14T08:44:38  <provoostenator> "bitcoin-wallet.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 14 unresolved externals"
 95 2019-02-14T08:48:59  <provoostenator> In #15382 I added "C:\tools\vcpkg\installed -> appveyor.yml" to .appveyor.yml to bust the package cache whenever that file is modified.
 96 2019-02-14T08:49:01  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15382 | WIP [util] add runCommandParseJSON by Sjors · Pull Request #15382 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 97 2019-02-14T08:49:27  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 98 2019-02-14T08:49:28  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MeshCollider pushed 8 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/9c93f5d9fc93...2452c6cc0a23
 99 2019-02-14T08:49:29  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 162ffef Glenn Willen: Add pf_invalid arg to std::string DecodeBase{32,64}
100 2019-02-14T08:49:29  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c734aaa Glenn Willen: Split DecodePSBT into Base64 and Raw versions
101 2019-02-14T08:49:31  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 81cd958 Glenn Willen: Factor BroadcastTransaction out of sendrawtransaction
102 2019-02-14T08:49:33  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
103 2019-02-14T08:50:00  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
104 2019-02-14T08:50:00  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MeshCollider merged pull request #14978: Factor out PSBT utilities from RPCs for use in GUI code; related refactoring. (master...feature-refactor-psbt-rpcs) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14978
105 2019-02-14T08:50:01  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
106 2019-02-14T08:50:40  <provoostenator> ^ watching my rebase hell slowly come to an end, thanks MeshCollider :-)
107 2019-02-14T08:51:07  <meshcollider> \o/
108 2019-02-14T08:51:11  <meshcollider> we are nearly there yep
109 2019-02-14T08:52:41  <meshcollider> just #14021 and #14075 to go
110 2019-02-14T08:52:44  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14021 | Import key origin data through descriptors in importmulti by achow101 · Pull Request #14021 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
111 2019-02-14T08:52:47  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14075 | Import watch only pubkeys to the keypool if private keys are disabled by achow101 · Pull Request #14075 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
112 2019-02-14T08:54:38  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
113 2019-02-14T08:58:02  <provoostenator> I'll try rebasing #15388 and see if that magically fixes AppVeyor. If not, someone who actually understands it should take a look...
114 2019-02-14T08:58:04  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15388 | [build] Makefile.am: add rule for src/bitcoin-wallet by Sjors · Pull Request #15388 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
115 2019-02-14T09:05:25  *** setpill has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
116 2019-02-14T09:07:18  *** jungly has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
117 2019-02-14T09:39:57  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
118 2019-02-14T09:44:00  *** a5m0 has quit IRC
119 2019-02-14T09:46:20  *** a5m0 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
120 2019-02-14T09:48:30  *** rex4539 has quit IRC
121 2019-02-14T10:16:31  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
122 2019-02-14T10:16:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Sjors opened pull request #15405: [build] AppVeyor: clean cache when build configuration changes (master...2019/02/appveyor_cache) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15405
123 2019-02-14T10:16:35  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
124 2019-02-14T10:24:15  *** rhavar has quit IRC
125 2019-02-14T10:28:18  *** drexl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
126 2019-02-14T10:29:32  *** thedevworks has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
127 2019-02-14T10:30:58  *** thedevworks has quit IRC
128 2019-02-14T10:31:20  *** thedevworks has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
129 2019-02-14T10:32:20  <meshcollider> sipa: would you happen to have a little time to review #14021
130 2019-02-14T10:32:22  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14021 | Import key origin data through descriptors in importmulti by achow101 · Pull Request #14021 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
131 2019-02-14T10:39:42  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
132 2019-02-14T10:40:51  <provoostenator> Update: I have no idea how to make the AppVeyor errors on master go away. There's probably some extra configuration needed for bitcoin-wallet, but #15388 doesn't do the trick.
133 2019-02-14T10:40:53  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15388 | [build] Makefile.am: add rule for src/bitcoin-wallet by Sjors · Pull Request #15388 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
134 2019-02-14T10:45:36  *** siom_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
135 2019-02-14T10:47:04  *** elichai2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
136 2019-02-14T10:56:04  *** spinza has quit IRC
137 2019-02-14T10:58:16  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
138 2019-02-14T10:59:00  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
139 2019-02-14T10:59:00  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] marcuswin opened pull request #15406: Update links (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15406
140 2019-02-14T10:59:12  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
141 2019-02-14T11:09:41  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
142 2019-02-14T11:11:24  *** Karyon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
143 2019-02-14T11:16:10  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
144 2019-02-14T11:17:06  *** zhangzf has quit IRC
145 2019-02-14T11:31:47  *** ovovo has quit IRC
146 2019-02-14T11:31:56  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
147 2019-02-14T11:31:57  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
148 2019-02-14T11:37:59  *** CubicEarth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
149 2019-02-14T11:42:48  *** thedevworks has quit IRC
150 2019-02-14T11:52:01  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
151 2019-02-14T11:53:09  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
152 2019-02-14T12:12:30  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
153 2019-02-14T12:12:30  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ken2812221 opened pull request #15407: msvc: Fix silent merge conflict between #13926 and #14372 part II (master...msvc-bitcoin-wallet-leveldb) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15407
154 2019-02-14T12:12:32  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
155 2019-02-14T12:19:27  *** Karyon has quit IRC
156 2019-02-14T12:25:11  <provoostenator> I cancelled some ongoing AppVeyor builds to make room for ^
157 2019-02-14T12:25:19  *** rex4539 has quit IRC
158 2019-02-14T12:31:52  *** Karyon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
159 2019-02-14T12:47:00  *** zhangzf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
160 2019-02-14T12:54:04  *** thedevworks has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
161 2019-02-14T13:05:41  *** elichai2 has quit IRC
162 2019-02-14T13:35:39  *** indistylo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
163 2019-02-14T13:40:42  *** jimmysong_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
164 2019-02-14T13:44:24  *** jimmysong has quit IRC
165 2019-02-14T13:45:17  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
166 2019-02-14T13:45:18  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/2452c6cc0a23...38989ab03fb7
167 2019-02-14T13:45:18  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8c3fdd3 marcoagner: fixes m_assumed_blockchain_size variables values:
168 2019-02-14T13:45:19  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 38989ab MarcoFalke: Merge #15183: [Qt]: fixes m_assumed_blockchain_size variable value
169 2019-02-14T13:45:22  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
170 2019-02-14T13:45:29  <luke-jr> hm, someone had a good idea: if nodes store their own UTXO hashes, they can safely recover from other nodes if something gets corrupt rather than a re-IBD
171 2019-02-14T13:45:56  *** bralyclo_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
172 2019-02-14T13:45:59  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
173 2019-02-14T13:46:00  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #15183: [Qt]: fixes m_assumed_blockchain_size variable value (master...fix_m_assumed_blockchain_size) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15183
174 2019-02-14T13:46:00  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
175 2019-02-14T13:46:02  <luke-jr> although it's a lot of data to download before you know if the other peer is being malicious or not
176 2019-02-14T13:49:32  *** bralyclow has quit IRC
177 2019-02-14T13:50:14  * luke-jr adds it to https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/8037#issuecomment-463633344
178 2019-02-14T13:52:22  *** zhangzf has quit IRC
179 2019-02-14T13:53:28  *** zhangzf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
180 2019-02-14T13:55:13  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
181 2019-02-14T13:59:31  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
182 2019-02-14T13:59:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/38989ab03fb7...e3b1c7a9d6ae
183 2019-02-14T13:59:31  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3c6ef03 Chun Kuan Lee: msvc: Fix silent merge conflict between #13926 and #14372 part II
184 2019-02-14T13:59:32  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e3b1c7a MarcoFalke: Merge #15407: msvc: Fix silent merge conflict between #13926 and #14372 pa...
185 2019-02-14T13:59:33  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
186 2019-02-14T14:00:14  *** promag has quit IRC
187 2019-02-14T14:00:16  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
188 2019-02-14T14:00:16  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #15407: msvc: Fix silent merge conflict between #13926 and #14372 part II (master...msvc-bitcoin-wallet-leveldb) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15407
189 2019-02-14T14:00:19  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
190 2019-02-14T14:05:51  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
191 2019-02-14T14:05:51  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #15405: [build] AppVeyor: clean cache when build configuration changes (master...2019/02/appveyor_cache) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15405
192 2019-02-14T14:06:03  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
193 2019-02-14T14:06:22  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
194 2019-02-14T14:06:22  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke reopened pull request #15405: [build] AppVeyor: clean cache when build configuration changes (master...2019/02/appveyor_cache) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15405
195 2019-02-14T14:06:23  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
196 2019-02-14T14:30:33  *** Karyon has quit IRC
197 2019-02-14T14:34:13  *** Karyon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
198 2019-02-14T14:34:48  *** zhangzf has quit IRC
199 2019-02-14T14:39:59  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
200 2019-02-14T14:41:43  *** rhavar has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
201 2019-02-14T14:47:01  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
202 2019-02-14T14:51:34  *** dviola has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
203 2019-02-14T14:55:26  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
204 2019-02-14T14:55:26  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #15408: Remove unused TransactionError constants (master...Mf1902-TransactionErrorConst) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15408
205 2019-02-14T14:55:27  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
206 2019-02-14T14:59:44  *** ap4lmtree has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
207 2019-02-14T15:08:07  *** promag has quit IRC
208 2019-02-14T15:16:38  *** thedevworks_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
209 2019-02-14T15:18:57  *** thedevworks has quit IRC
210 2019-02-14T15:19:53  *** ArdeshirV has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
211 2019-02-14T15:20:48  *** luke-jr has quit IRC
212 2019-02-14T15:21:20  *** luke-jr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
213 2019-02-14T15:27:16  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
214 2019-02-14T15:29:18  *** ArdeshirV has quit IRC
215 2019-02-14T15:32:05  *** Karyon has quit IRC
216 2019-02-14T15:33:11  *** indistylo has quit IRC
217 2019-02-14T15:34:44  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
218 2019-02-14T15:34:44  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/e3b1c7a9d6ae...9b1df4ba0bec
219 2019-02-14T15:34:44  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4a43eb8 Sjors Provoost: [build] Makefile.am: add rule for src/bitcoin-wallet
220 2019-02-14T15:34:45  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9b1df4b MarcoFalke: Merge #15388: [build] Makefile.am: add rule for src/bitcoin-wallet
221 2019-02-14T15:34:46  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
222 2019-02-14T15:35:31  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
223 2019-02-14T15:35:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #15388: [build] Makefile.am: add rule for src/bitcoin-wallet (master...2019/02/wallet_tool_make) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15388
224 2019-02-14T15:35:37  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
225 2019-02-14T15:37:39  *** setpill has quit IRC
226 2019-02-14T15:42:38  *** Karyon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
227 2019-02-14T15:44:07  *** thedevworks_ has quit IRC
228 2019-02-14T15:52:26  *** bralyclo_ has quit IRC
229 2019-02-14T16:10:37  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
230 2019-02-14T16:30:00  *** ZaiRoX has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
231 2019-02-14T16:37:31  *** Karyon has quit IRC
232 2019-02-14T16:51:57  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
233 2019-02-14T16:52:00  *** mmgen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
234 2019-02-14T16:59:39  *** ap4lmtree- is now known as ap4lmtree
235 2019-02-14T17:02:48  *** spinza has quit IRC
236 2019-02-14T17:03:10  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
237 2019-02-14T17:07:15  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
238 2019-02-14T17:17:19  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
239 2019-02-14T17:32:12  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
240 2019-02-14T17:33:40  *** Karyon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
241 2019-02-14T17:37:08  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
242 2019-02-14T17:40:30  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
243 2019-02-14T17:42:40  *** siom_ has quit IRC
244 2019-02-14T17:46:21  *** JackH has quit IRC
245 2019-02-14T17:47:30  <sipa> meshcollider: wil do
246 2019-02-14T17:47:47  *** jungly has quit IRC
247 2019-02-14T18:04:59  *** phwalkr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
248 2019-02-14T18:09:57  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
249 2019-02-14T18:19:40  *** jonasschnelli_ has quit IRC
250 2019-02-14T18:19:40  *** jonasschnelli_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
251 2019-02-14T18:19:53  *** jonasschnelli_ is now known as jonasschnelli
252 2019-02-14T18:20:28  *** Karyon has quit IRC
253 2019-02-14T18:26:03  *** Karyon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
254 2019-02-14T18:27:06  *** mistergold has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
255 2019-02-14T18:30:16  *** ap4lmtree has quit IRC
256 2019-02-14T18:40:59  *** ap4lmtree has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
257 2019-02-14T18:42:23  *** fabianfabian has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
258 2019-02-14T18:49:25  *** schmidty_ has quit IRC
259 2019-02-14T18:55:31  *** schmidty has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
260 2019-02-14T18:56:16  *** schmidty has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
261 2019-02-14T18:58:59  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: a hardlink copy seems more efficient since you don't depend on other nodes
262 2019-02-14T19:00:22  <wumpus> #startmeeting
263 2019-02-14T19:00:22  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Feb 14 19:00:22 2019 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
264 2019-02-14T19:00:22  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
265 2019-02-14T19:00:27  <provoostenator> hi
266 2019-02-14T19:00:29  <jamesob> hi
267 2019-02-14T19:00:33  <instagibbs> hi
268 2019-02-14T19:00:38  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb
269 2019-02-14T19:00:39  <moneyball> topic proposed by provoostenator: minimum QT version for v0.18, see #13478
270 2019-02-14T19:00:41  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13478 | [RFC] gui: Minimum required Qt5 · Issue #13478 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
271 2019-02-14T19:00:43  <promag> hi
272 2019-02-14T19:00:45  <jonasschnelli> hi
273 2019-02-14T19:00:50  <achow101> hi
274 2019-02-14T19:01:14  <moneyball> happy valentine's day :)
275 2019-02-14T19:01:20  <luke-jr> St. Valentine's day*
276 2019-02-14T19:01:22  <jamesob> <3
277 2019-02-14T19:01:33  <provoostenator> Thanks! I spent it with AppVeyor mostly :-)
278 2019-02-14T19:01:37  <luke-jr> lol
279 2019-02-14T19:01:48  <jonasschnelli> heh
280 2019-02-14T19:02:48  <wumpus> 💜
281 2019-02-14T19:03:16  <luke-jr> Sjors pointed me to the issue when I asked what benefits there are, but I didn't see any there..
282 2019-02-14T19:03:49  <luke-jr> I also don't see where/if anyone done a check for what versions come with current stable distros.
283 2019-02-14T19:03:51  <wumpus> #topic 0.18 feature freeze
284 2019-02-14T19:03:54  <phantomcircuit> hi
285 2019-02-14T19:03:55  <phantomcircuit> luke-jr, happy halmark day
286 2019-02-14T19:04:02  <provoostenator> luke-jr: the issue described the reasons for switching, but those reasons aren't benefits :-)
287 2019-02-14T19:04:30  <sipa> will be there in 5-10 mi
288 2019-02-14T19:04:32  <sipa> min
289 2019-02-14T19:05:05  <wumpus> tomorrow (15th) is the 0.18 feature freeze
290 2019-02-14T19:05:22  <wumpus> there's still quite a few PRs open on the 0.18 milestone https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+milestone%3A0.18.0 though not all are features of course
291 2019-02-14T19:06:54  <wumpus> but it'd definitely help to get some more review there
292 2019-02-14T19:06:56  <gleb> hi
293 2019-02-14T19:07:19  <phantomcircuit> luke-jr, generally 4/5 are available in parallel
294 2019-02-14T19:08:00  <gmaxwell> hi
295 2019-02-14T19:08:05  <luke-jr> phantomcircuit: ?
296 2019-02-14T19:08:14  <phantomcircuit> luke-jr, qt
297 2019-02-14T19:08:23  <phantomcircuit> debian at least i have both installed
298 2019-02-14T19:08:27  <wumpus> still open features are #15195 for the GUI and a few RPC ones
299 2019-02-14T19:08:29  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15195 | gui: Add Close Wallet action by promag · Pull Request #15195 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
300 2019-02-14T19:08:30  <luke-jr> phantomcircuit: we already don't support Qt4
301 2019-02-14T19:08:33  <wumpus> please, stick to the topic
302 2019-02-14T19:08:39  <phantomcircuit> oh right
303 2019-02-14T19:09:51  <wumpus> for RPC there's #14481 #14075 #14021 #13932 left that are really features
304 2019-02-14T19:09:53  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14481 | Add P2SH-P2WSH support to listunspent RPC by MeshCollider · Pull Request #14481 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
305 2019-02-14T19:09:56  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14075 | Import watch only pubkeys to the keypool if private keys are disabled by achow101 · Pull Request #14075 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
306 2019-02-14T19:09:58  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14021 | Import key origin data through descriptors in importmulti by achow101 · Pull Request #14021 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
307 2019-02-14T19:10:02  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13932 | Additional utility RPCs for PSBT by achow101 · Pull Request #13932 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
308 2019-02-14T19:10:04  <kanzure> hi.
309 2019-02-14T19:10:29  <instagibbs> key origin import seems camera-ready if others want to look
310 2019-02-14T19:10:49  *** VitorB has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
311 2019-02-14T19:11:02  <achow101> 14021 is pretty close
312 2019-02-14T19:11:18  <wumpus> good!
313 2019-02-14T19:12:11  <promag> I'm waiting for some feedback on 15195
314 2019-02-14T19:12:12  <wumpus> ah there's also #15368
315 2019-02-14T19:12:14  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15368 | Descriptor checksums by sipa · Pull Request #15368 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
316 2019-02-14T19:12:48  <gmaxwell> luke-jr: do you have a 32-bit host with rdrand (modern intel/amd cpu running in 32bit mode)? would be nice to test #15250 on that. (doesn't block merge, I guess since it could be fixed before release if there were an issue)
317 2019-02-14T19:12:49  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15250 | Use RdSeed when available, and reduce RdRand load by sipa · Pull Request #15250 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
318 2019-02-14T19:13:09  <wumpus> which already has some ACKs
319 2019-02-14T19:13:26  <luke-jr> gmaxwell: my most recent x86 is Haswell, and it doesn't have a 32-bit chroot at the moment
320 2019-02-14T19:13:46  <wumpus> gmaxwell: I consider the rdrand one a bugfix not a feature so it doesn't strictly need to be merged tomorrow
321 2019-02-14T19:13:49  <gmaxwell> haswell is ducky and has both rdrand and rdseed IIRC.
322 2019-02-14T19:14:09  <gmaxwell> (it certantly has rdrand)
323 2019-02-14T19:14:24  <gmaxwell> wumpus: thanks, I agree.
324 2019-02-14T19:14:45  <luke-jr> if our static binaries were actually portable, I could have probably tested with those, but.. :/
325 2019-02-14T19:14:58  *** hebasto has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
326 2019-02-14T19:15:03  <sipa> wumpus: would #15402 count as a bugfix?
327 2019-02-14T19:15:05  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15402 | Granular invalidateblock and RewindBlockIndex by sipa · Pull Request #15402 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
328 2019-02-14T19:15:16  <wumpus> sipa: I guess so
329 2019-02-14T19:15:30  <wumpus> sipa: it fixes that out of memory issue on reorg right?
330 2019-02-14T19:15:36  <gmaxwell> It should, it's a pretty serious bug.
331 2019-02-14T19:15:39  <provoostenator> It fixes an OOM
332 2019-02-14T19:15:45  <sipa> hmm, not reorg
333 2019-02-14T19:16:00  <gmaxwell> wumpus: on rewind/replay
334 2019-02-14T19:16:16  <wumpus> so I mean it fixes  #14289
335 2019-02-14T19:16:18  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14289 | Unbounded growth of scheduler queue · Issue #14289 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
336 2019-02-14T19:16:21  <wumpus> so it's a fix
337 2019-02-14T19:16:54  <wumpus> added 0.18 milestone
338 2019-02-14T19:17:41  <jamesob> it doesn't fix the general issue of #14289, just one specific instance right?
339 2019-02-14T19:17:42  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14289 | Unbounded growth of scheduler queue · Issue #14289 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
340 2019-02-14T19:17:50  <sipa> jamesob: indeed
341 2019-02-14T19:18:25  <jamesob> intend on building in a SERIAL_SCHEDULER_EXECUTION flag (or something) for use in CI in the next couple days
342 2019-02-14T19:18:29  <jamesob> (offtopic, sorry)
343 2019-02-14T19:19:01  <wumpus> #topic minimum QT version for v0.18 (provoostenator)
344 2019-02-14T19:19:02  <phantomcircuit> gmaxwell, that cant be checked in a vm?
345 2019-02-14T19:19:20  <gmaxwell> phantomcircuit: absolutely can be
346 2019-02-14T19:19:40  <luke-jr> [19:03:49] <luke-jr> I also don't see where/if anyone done a check for what versions come with current stable distros.
347 2019-02-14T19:19:49  <luke-jr> I tried doing ^ myself, but I couldn't figure out what version RHEL 7 has
348 2019-02-14T19:19:50  <provoostenator> I think we should either make Travis test older versions of QT or bump the min version.
349 2019-02-14T19:19:54  <MarcoFalke> luke-jr: The benefit is that it is easier to just bump the minimum than to make it compile with 5.2
350 2019-02-14T19:20:02  <provoostenator> Currently it doesn't even compile in 5.2
351 2019-02-14T19:20:06  <MarcoFalke> ^
352 2019-02-14T19:20:18  <wumpus> 5.2 is ancient anyway
353 2019-02-14T19:20:22  <luke-jr> but who does this cut off?
354 2019-02-14T19:20:31  <luke-jr> what version does RHEL 7 have?
355 2019-02-14T19:20:34  <MarcoFalke> If someone wants to build on an acient system with an EOL qt, they are better off with depends
356 2019-02-14T19:20:45  <provoostenator> As for stable distros: we can narrow that down to stable distros where the depends system doesn't work?
357 2019-02-14T19:20:47  <luke-jr> RHEL 7 is current
358 2019-02-14T19:20:48  <wumpus> didn't we have a discussion about this in a github issue?
359 2019-02-14T19:20:57  <jonasschnelli> Yes
360 2019-02-14T19:20:59  <luke-jr> provoostenator: depends should not be the norm
361 2019-02-14T19:21:04  <MarcoFalke> luke-jr:  rhel7 can use depends
362 2019-02-14T19:21:05  <wumpus> is there anything new to add to that or is this just another repeat of that?
363 2019-02-14T19:21:13  <jonasschnelli> I think just updating Qt for the sake of updating seems pointless
364 2019-02-14T19:21:15  <wumpus> this comes up too often
365 2019-02-14T19:21:28  <jonasschnelli> What we need is advantages/disadvantage comparison
366 2019-02-14T19:21:39  <luke-jr> updating is fine. cutting off people who reasonably have an old version isn't.
367 2019-02-14T19:21:43  <meshcollider> Hi, sorry im late
368 2019-02-14T19:21:43  <wumpus> jonasschnelli: he isn't updating qt, only changing the minimum requirement in the build system to the actual minimum requirement IIRC
369 2019-02-14T19:22:08  <provoostenator> jonasschnelli: it's not for the sake of updating, it's because we're constantly breaking old versions.
370 2019-02-14T19:22:08  <wumpus> it doesn't work with qt 5.2, no one is testing it with that, so it's kind of a moot point
371 2019-02-14T19:22:15  <gmaxwell> Just pushing to new versions for the sake of updating is a bad pattern.  If there is a problem or a new feature, then great.  Matching minimums to the actual minimums is also good (excepting in cases where we should fix the minimum because we're cutting something out people are currently using)
372 2019-02-14T19:22:24  <wumpus> no one is updating qt !
373 2019-02-14T19:22:28  <jonasschnelli> I see. Sorry for the confusion.
374 2019-02-14T19:22:29  <wumpus> this isn't the point of tha pr
375 2019-02-14T19:23:08  <wumpus> #15393 bumps the minimum version checked by the bulid system
376 2019-02-14T19:23:11  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15393 | build: Bump minimum Qt version to 5.5.1 by Sjors · Pull Request #15393 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
377 2019-02-14T19:23:16  <wumpus> to the version that we actually require already
378 2019-02-14T19:23:23  <wumpus> the only difference is that configure will show an error now
379 2019-02-14T19:23:25  <jonasschnelli> Qt 5.6 LTS ends in 2 months... :/
380 2019-02-14T19:23:27  <wumpus> instead of failing later in the build
381 2019-02-14T19:23:50  <jonasschnelli> Whatever minimal Qt support we set, we should make sure its ran in our CI
382 2019-02-14T19:23:54  <luke-jr> can someone with a reasonable internet connection download CentOS 7 and find out what version it has? :x
383 2019-02-14T19:24:00  <wumpus> jonasschnelli: yes
384 2019-02-14T19:24:18  <jonasschnelli> I'm not sure if we should look to deep into all distros...
385 2019-02-14T19:24:32  <MarcoFalke> luke-jr: It is 5.9?
386 2019-02-14T19:24:34  <MarcoFalke> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/os/x86_64/Packages/qt5-qtbase-5.9.2-3.el7.x86_64.rpm
387 2019-02-14T19:24:37  <jonasschnelli> If CentOS uses Qt5.3 which its support has probably been stopped 2 years ago, it's not a pattern to follow
388 2019-02-14T19:24:42  <jonasschnelli> (assuming)
389 2019-02-14T19:24:51  <luke-jr> MarcoFalke: not sure why I couldn't find that.. thanks
390 2019-02-14T19:24:55  <sipa> luke-jr: is 5.9.2 possible? http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/os/x86_64/Packages/
391 2019-02-14T19:25:18  <jonasschnelli> make sense... 5.9 is the one where LTS is at least 1 year
392 2019-02-14T19:25:28  <MarcoFalke> Is rhel7 using the same as centos7?
393 2019-02-14T19:25:39  <luke-jr> MarcoFalke: CentOS is just a free-of-charge RHEL
394 2019-02-14T19:25:47  <provoostenator> luke-jr: CentOS 7 seems to have QT5.9.2: http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/os/x86_64/Packages/
395 2019-02-14T19:25:53  <luke-jr> sounds like this is a non-issue then
396 2019-02-14T19:25:56  <provoostenator> (oh, sipa found it)
397 2019-02-14T19:25:57  <MarcoFalke> Ok, so it seems we are not cutting off anyone with the bump?
398 2019-02-14T19:26:41  <wumpus> ok
399 2019-02-14T19:26:48  <jonasschnelli> We cut off debian 8 which is LTS till 2020
400 2019-02-14T19:26:51  <provoostenator> Cool, let's merge it right now :-P
401 2019-02-14T19:26:53  <jonasschnelli> but I guess thats okay
402 2019-02-14T19:27:07  <wumpus> let's merge it or close it and not talk about this for two years or so
403 2019-02-14T19:27:12  <jonasschnelli> hehe
404 2019-02-14T19:27:13  <jonasschnelli> indeed
405 2019-02-14T19:27:26  <luke-jr> Debian 8 is oldstable?
406 2019-02-14T19:28:11  <luke-jr> yeah
407 2019-02-14T19:28:23  <wumpus> Debian 8 ("jessie") — obsolete stable release
408 2019-02-14T19:28:26  <wumpus> obsolete
409 2019-02-14T19:29:17  <MarcoFalke> Then, please someone add a debian_8 travis job. Otherwise this will be broken again
410 2019-02-14T19:29:20  <jonasschnelli> yes... but we need to expect users run it close to the LTS end... but I'm fine with setting Qt 5.5.1 as min
411 2019-02-14T19:29:28  <wumpus> I guess it's possible to build through depends still, but we can't support old versions of distributions that are already known to carry old packages forever
412 2019-02-14T19:29:32  <luke-jr> MarcoFalke: we don't need to support oldstable IMO
413 2019-02-14T19:29:41  <wumpus> no, we don't need a debian 8 travis job
414 2019-02-14T19:29:44  <jonasschnelli> Yes. We have the depends build for those
415 2019-02-14T19:29:53  <MarcoFalke> ok, action merge
416 2019-02-14T19:30:40  <jonasschnelli> ack
417 2019-02-14T19:30:43  <wumpus> ack
418 2019-02-14T19:30:47  <wumpus> any other topics?
419 2019-02-14T19:31:51  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
420 2019-02-14T19:31:51  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/9b1df4ba0bec...758c6d784da0
421 2019-02-14T19:31:52  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9975282 Luke Dashjr: GUI: If BIP70 is disabled, attempt to fall back to BIP21 parsing
422 2019-02-14T19:31:52  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 113f000 Luke Dashjr: GUI: If BIP70 is disabled, give a proper error when trying to open a payme...
423 2019-02-14T19:31:52  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 84f5315 Luke Dashjr: Travis: Add test without BIP70 (but still full wallet + tests)
424 2019-02-14T19:32:04  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
425 2019-02-14T19:32:20  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
426 2019-02-14T19:32:21  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli merged pull request #15063: GUI: If BIP70 is disabled, attempt to fall back to BIP21 parsing (master...bip70_fallback_to_bip21) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15063
427 2019-02-14T19:32:29  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
428 2019-02-14T19:33:57  <wumpus> I guess not
429 2019-02-14T19:34:14  <wumpus> #endmeeting
430 2019-02-14T19:34:14  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Feb 14 19:34:14 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
431 2019-02-14T19:34:14  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-02-14-19.00.html
432 2019-02-14T19:34:14  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-02-14-19.00.txt
433 2019-02-14T19:34:14  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-02-14-19.00.log.html
434 2019-02-14T19:34:14  <jonasschnelli> looks like
435 2019-02-14T19:34:15  <instagibbs> When is 0.18 branch date again
436 2019-02-14T19:34:27  <jonasschnelli> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14438
437 2019-02-14T19:34:32  <wumpus> 2019-03-01
438 2019-02-14T19:34:33  <instagibbs> thx
439 2019-02-14T19:34:46  <instagibbs> feature freeze 15 kk
440 2019-02-14T19:35:07  <wumpus> yes, I mentioned this earlier in the meeting, please pay attention :-)
441 2019-02-14T19:35:08  <jonasschnelli> a lot to review and merge until tomorrow. :)
442 2019-02-14T19:35:16  <instagibbs> wumpus, yes sensei
443 2019-02-14T19:35:39  <wumpus> lol
444 2019-02-14T19:42:41  <wumpus> please use the leftover meeting time to review feature PRs <3
445 2019-02-14T19:43:37  <sipa> what is the deal with appveyor failures? (sorry if i missed that)
446 2019-02-14T19:43:50  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
447 2019-02-14T19:43:51  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #15410: test: txindex: interrupt threadGroup before calling destructor (master...Mf1902-testIndexInterr) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15410
448 2019-02-14T19:43:52  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
449 2019-02-14T19:44:02  *** mistergo1d has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
450 2019-02-14T19:44:09  <meshcollider> Ooh github has a new "draft PR" feature
451 2019-02-14T19:44:38  <meshcollider> Handy for WIP PRs
452 2019-02-14T19:44:38  <achow101> meshcollider: what's it do?
453 2019-02-14T19:44:49  *** VitorB has quit IRC
454 2019-02-14T19:44:51  <meshcollider> Can't be merged until its marked as ready
455 2019-02-14T19:44:58  <MarcoFalke> sipa: Appveyor should be fixed
456 2019-02-14T19:45:10  <sipa> ah thanks
457 2019-02-14T19:45:32  *** dviola has quit IRC
458 2019-02-14T19:45:44  <meshcollider> https://github.blog/2019-02-14-introducing-draft-pull-requests/
459 2019-02-14T19:47:08  *** mistergold has quit IRC
460 2019-02-14T19:48:32  *** mistergo1d has quit IRC
461 2019-02-14T19:48:34  *** Karyon has quit IRC
462 2019-02-14T19:48:49  <instagibbs> ah, gitlab has similar(WIP is actually enforced)
463 2019-02-14T19:48:57  *** mistergold has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
464 2019-02-14T19:48:59  <aj> meshcollider: nifty
465 2019-02-14T19:49:07  <instagibbs> if you have any fixup! commits it also marks it as WIP
466 2019-02-14T19:53:25  *** spinza has quit IRC
467 2019-02-14T19:55:44  *** sschall has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
468 2019-02-14T20:00:53  *** promag has quit IRC
469 2019-02-14T20:02:57  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
470 2019-02-14T20:02:57  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #15411: travis: Combine --disable-bip70 into existing job (master...Mf1902-travisBIP70) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15411
471 2019-02-14T20:03:03  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
472 2019-02-14T20:03:23  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
473 2019-02-14T20:15:59  *** sschall has quit IRC
474 2019-02-14T20:18:21  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
475 2019-02-14T20:18:21  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/758c6d784da0...3b33cbc2b60d
476 2019-02-14T20:18:22  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fd46c4c Sjors Provoost: Bump minimum Qt version to 5.5.1
477 2019-02-14T20:18:22  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3b33cbc Jonas Schnelli: Merge #15393: build: Bump minimum Qt version to 5.5.1
478 2019-02-14T20:18:28  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
479 2019-02-14T20:19:01  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
480 2019-02-14T20:19:01  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli merged pull request #15393: build: Bump minimum Qt version to 5.5.1 (master...2019/02/qt-5_5) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15393
481 2019-02-14T20:19:05  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
482 2019-02-14T20:30:39  *** DeanGuss has quit IRC
483 2019-02-14T20:41:18  <wumpus> meshcollider "Can't be merged until its marked as ready" -> heh, [wip] in the PR title works just as well in practice
484 2019-02-14T20:47:18  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
485 2019-02-14T20:47:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/3b33cbc2b60d...b7456e6bf9d1
486 2019-02-14T20:47:19  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f6122ab João Barbosa: interfaces: Add remove to Wallet
487 2019-02-14T20:47:20  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f77ba34 João Barbosa: gui: Add closeWallet to WalletController
488 2019-02-14T20:47:20  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 94086fb João Barbosa: gui: Add close wallet action
489 2019-02-14T20:47:21  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
490 2019-02-14T20:47:52  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
491 2019-02-14T20:47:52  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli merged pull request #15195: gui: Add Close Wallet action (master...2019-01-closewallet) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15195
492 2019-02-14T20:47:57  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
493 2019-02-14T21:05:22  *** mmgen has quit IRC
494 2019-02-14T21:10:57  *** phwalkr has quit IRC
495 2019-02-14T21:12:29  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
496 2019-02-14T21:12:30  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/b7456e6bf9d1...cd8ca8be31ab
497 2019-02-14T21:12:30  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7257353 Pieter Wuille: Select orphan transaction uniformly for eviction
498 2019-02-14T21:12:31  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master cd8ca8b MarcoFalke: Merge #14626: Select orphan transaction uniformly for eviction
499 2019-02-14T21:12:33  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
500 2019-02-14T21:12:58  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
501 2019-02-14T21:12:59  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #14626: Select orphan transaction uniformly for eviction (master...201810_uniform_orphan_eviction) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14626
502 2019-02-14T21:13:00  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
503 2019-02-14T21:18:21  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
504 2019-02-14T21:18:21  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/cd8ca8be31ab...3facd9fdc4dd
505 2019-02-14T21:18:22  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 314784a MeshCollider: Make listunspent and signrawtransaction RPCs support witnessScript
506 2019-02-14T21:18:22  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 928beae MeshCollider: Add test for P2SH-P2WSH in signrawtransactionwithkey and listunspent
507 2019-02-14T21:18:23  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6ca836a MeshCollider: Add release note for listunspent P2WSH change
508 2019-02-14T21:18:24  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
509 2019-02-14T21:18:37  *** timothy has quit IRC
510 2019-02-14T21:18:45  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
511 2019-02-14T21:18:45  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #14481: Add P2SH-P2WSH support to listunspent RPC (master...201810_listunspent_wsh) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14481
512 2019-02-14T21:18:47  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
513 2019-02-14T21:22:57  *** mistergo1d has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
514 2019-02-14T21:23:32  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
515 2019-02-14T21:26:07  *** mistergold has quit IRC
516 2019-02-14T21:27:37  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
517 2019-02-14T21:28:21  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
518 2019-02-14T21:28:21  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/3facd9fdc4dd...642bd7bbe747
519 2019-02-14T21:28:22  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master eeeee58 MarcoFalke: travis: Combine --disable-bip70 into existing job
520 2019-02-14T21:28:22  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 642bd7b MarcoFalke: Merge #15411: travis: Combine --disable-bip70 into existing job
521 2019-02-14T21:28:27  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
522 2019-02-14T21:29:03  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
523 2019-02-14T21:29:04  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #15411: travis: Combine --disable-bip70 into existing job (master...Mf1902-travisBIP70) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15411
524 2019-02-14T21:29:09  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
525 2019-02-14T21:31:09  <phantomcircuit> gmaxwell, aight how to test that rdseed and rdrand are being used?
526 2019-02-14T21:33:22  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
527 2019-02-14T21:33:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/642bd7bbe747...31f7c6dd2152
528 2019-02-14T21:33:24  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa7ca8e MarcoFalke: qa: Add test/fuzz/test_runner.py
529 2019-02-14T21:33:24  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa535af MarcoFalke: fuzz: test_runner: Better error message when built with afl
530 2019-02-14T21:33:25  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 31f7c6d MarcoFalke: Merge #15295: fuzz: Add test/fuzz/test_runner.py and run it in travis
531 2019-02-14T21:33:26  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
532 2019-02-14T21:33:56  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
533 2019-02-14T21:33:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #15295: fuzz: Add test/fuzz/test_runner.py and run it in travis (master...Mf1901-qaFuzz) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15295
534 2019-02-14T21:33:58  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
535 2019-02-14T21:35:35  <phantomcircuit> oh i see
536 2019-02-14T21:35:46  *** hebasto has quit IRC
537 2019-02-14T21:39:52  *** fabianfabian has quit IRC
538 2019-02-14T21:43:20  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
539 2019-02-14T21:43:20  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/31f7c6dd2152...33480c636658
540 2019-02-14T21:43:21  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0890339 Sjors Provoost: build: prefer python3.4 even if newer versions are present on the system
541 2019-02-14T21:43:22  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 33480c6 MarcoFalke: Merge #15285: build: Prefer Python 3.4 even if newer versions are present ...
542 2019-02-14T21:43:23  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
543 2019-02-14T21:43:55  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
544 2019-02-14T21:43:55  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #15285: build: Prefer Python 3.4 even if newer versions are present on the system (master...2019/01/bitcoin-util-test-python) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15285
545 2019-02-14T21:43:56  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
546 2019-02-14T21:49:42  <achow101> meshcollider: do you think #14021 is RTM?
547 2019-02-14T21:49:45  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14021 | Import key origin data through descriptors in importmulti by achow101 · Pull Request #14021 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
548 2019-02-14T21:51:26  *** ap4lmtree- has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
549 2019-02-14T21:57:40  <meshcollider> achow101: sipa said he would review it, but I think its RTM if he is busy
550 2019-02-14T21:57:41  *** ap4lmtree- has quit IRC
551 2019-02-14T21:57:48  <meshcollider> I was just going to wait for him
552 2019-02-14T21:57:52  *** ap4lmtree has quit IRC
553 2019-02-14T21:58:04  *** ap4lmtree has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
554 2019-02-14T22:03:30  <meshcollider> achow101: how trivial is the merge conflict between the two?
555 2019-02-14T22:03:46  <achow101> meshcollider: pretty trivial
556 2019-02-14T22:03:51  <meshcollider> sweet
557 2019-02-14T22:03:57  <achow101> IIRC it's just a move in the tests
558 2019-02-14T22:06:33  <sipa> achow101: on it right now
559 2019-02-14T22:06:46  <achow101> cool, thanks
560 2019-02-14T22:10:13  *** schmidty has quit IRC
561 2019-02-14T22:10:46  *** schmidty has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
562 2019-02-14T22:12:41  *** spinza has quit IRC
563 2019-02-14T22:33:40  <meshcollider> achow101: I'll merge 14075 first, then you can address sipa's nits in the rebase if you want to
564 2019-02-14T22:33:46  <meshcollider> but im happy to merge as-is
565 2019-02-14T22:34:15  <achow101> 14021 first is cleaner I think
566 2019-02-14T22:34:42  <meshcollider> ok
567 2019-02-14T22:34:54  <achow101> looking at the nits now
568 2019-02-14T22:42:26  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
569 2019-02-14T22:45:35  *** schmidty has quit IRC
570 2019-02-14T22:45:49  <meshcollider> achow101: are you going to push any nit-fixes or shall I merge now
571 2019-02-14T22:46:07  <achow101> meshcollider: i'll be pushing fixes in a few minutes
572 2019-02-14T22:46:09  <meshcollider> ok
573 2019-02-14T22:46:16  <achow101> also found a bug, forgot a few braches
574 2019-02-14T22:46:19  <achow101> *braces
575 2019-02-14T22:50:07  <achow101> meshcollider: pushed
576 2019-02-14T22:50:44  <achow101> wait, something went wrong
577 2019-02-14T22:55:09  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
578 2019-02-14T23:00:32  *** booyah has quit IRC
579 2019-02-14T23:01:26  *** booyah has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
580 2019-02-14T23:05:15  <achow101> meshcollider: ok, now it should be good to merge
581 2019-02-14T23:08:14  <gmaxwell> phantomcircuit: check the logs, otherwise -- go instrument the code.
582 2019-02-14T23:12:16  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
583 2019-02-14T23:12:17  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MeshCollider pushed 10 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/33480c636658...8d0ec74801f7
584 2019-02-14T23:12:17  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c45415f Andrew Chow: Refactor keymetadata writing to a separate method
585 2019-02-14T23:12:18  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e7652d3 Andrew Chow: Add WriteHDKeypath function and move *HDKeypath to util/bip32.{h,cpp}
586 2019-02-14T23:12:19  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master bac8c67 Andrew Chow: Add a method to CWallet to write just CKeyMetadata
587 2019-02-14T23:12:20  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
588 2019-02-14T23:12:27  *** cluelessperson has quit IRC
589 2019-02-14T23:12:38  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
590 2019-02-14T23:12:38  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MeshCollider merged pull request #14021: Import key origin data through descriptors in importmulti (master...import-multi-hd) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14021
591 2019-02-14T23:12:51  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
592 2019-02-14T23:12:51  <meshcollider> ok achow101 please rebase #14075 :)
593 2019-02-14T23:12:55  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14075 | Import watch only pubkeys to the keypool if private keys are disabled by achow101 · Pull Request #14075 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
594 2019-02-14T23:12:58  <achow101> wohoo
595 2019-02-14T23:13:05  *** rex4539 has quit IRC
596 2019-02-14T23:17:11  *** cluelessperson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
597 2019-02-14T23:17:32  *** Aequitas_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
598 2019-02-14T23:18:22  *** jarthur has quit IRC
599 2019-02-14T23:19:28  <achow101> meshcollider: rebased. i'm gonna check it against hwi real quick to make sure I didn't screw up anything
600 2019-02-14T23:20:05  <meshcollider> ok
601 2019-02-14T23:20:22  <Aequitas_> Hello, is there a valid bitcoin core binary release signing key?  It looks like the key with fingerprint 01EA 5486 DE18 A882 D4C2 6845 90C8 019E 36C2 E964 expired today.
602 2019-02-14T23:21:48  <meshcollider> Aequitas_: yes, wumpus bumped the key expiry a few days ago
603 2019-02-14T23:22:18  *** schmidty has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
604 2019-02-14T23:27:36  *** booyah has quit IRC
605 2019-02-14T23:27:57  *** mistergold has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
606 2019-02-14T23:28:29  *** booyah has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
607 2019-02-14T23:30:24  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
608 2019-02-14T23:31:56  *** mistergo1d has quit IRC
609 2019-02-14T23:34:43  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
610 2019-02-14T23:37:04  <achow101> meshcollider: it's good to go now
611 2019-02-14T23:42:37  <Aequitas_> meshcollider: Thanks, is there a published location I can aquire the new key?  https://bitcoincore.org/keys/laanwj-releases.asc is still importing as expired
612 2019-02-14T23:44:16  <meshcollider> Aequitas_: just use --refresh-keys
613 2019-02-14T23:44:21  <meshcollider> its the same key, just a different date
614 2019-02-14T23:44:31  <achow101> Aequitas_: you can get it from any key server
615 2019-02-14T23:45:21  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
616 2019-02-14T23:47:12  *** mistergo1d has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
617 2019-02-14T23:47:20  *** mistergold has quit IRC
618 2019-02-14T23:49:23  *** promag has quit IRC
619 2019-02-14T23:52:41  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
620 2019-02-14T23:52:43  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MeshCollider pushed 6 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/8d0ec74801f7...c576979b78b5
621 2019-02-14T23:52:43  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 99cccb9 Andrew Chow: Add a method to add a pubkey to the keypool
622 2019-02-14T23:52:44  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9b81fd1 Andrew Chow: Fetch keys from keypool when private keys are disabled
623 2019-02-14T23:52:45  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 513719c Andrew Chow: Add option to importmulti add an imported pubkey to the keypool
624 2019-02-14T23:52:47  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
625 2019-02-14T23:53:05  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
626 2019-02-14T23:53:06  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MeshCollider merged pull request #14075: Import watch only pubkeys to the keypool if private keys are disabled (master...watch-only-keypool) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14075
627 2019-02-14T23:53:09  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
628 2019-02-14T23:54:23  <achow101> \o/
629 2019-02-14T23:54:38  <meshcollider> \o/
630 2019-02-14T23:54:48  <achow101> instagibbs: there's your keypool
631 2019-02-14T23:54:50  <meshcollider> provoostenator, instagibbs ^
632 2019-02-14T23:54:51  *** schmidty has quit IRC