1 2019-02-21T00:01:59  *** captjakk has quit IRC
  2 2019-02-21T00:17:52  *** drexl has quit IRC
  3 2019-02-21T00:22:22  *** shesek`` is now known as shesek
  4 2019-02-21T00:22:26  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  5 2019-02-21T00:28:08  *** ddustin has quit IRC
  6 2019-02-21T00:28:44  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  7 2019-02-21T00:33:06  *** Bullit has quit IRC
  8 2019-02-21T00:33:30  *** ddustin has quit IRC
  9 2019-02-21T00:34:48  *** DeanGuss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 10 2019-02-21T00:34:48  *** Murch has quit IRC
 11 2019-02-21T00:35:54  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 12 2019-02-21T00:36:41  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 13 2019-02-21T00:36:41  *** Empact has quit IRC
 14 2019-02-21T00:37:07  *** Empact has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 15 2019-02-21T00:37:08  <promag_> achow101: do you have a newer Qt version available
 16 2019-02-21T00:37:24  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 17 2019-02-21T00:37:50  <achow101> promag_: I can do a depends build
 18 2019-02-21T00:38:09  *** promag has quit IRC
 19 2019-02-21T00:38:17  *** promag_ is now known as promag
 20 2019-02-21T00:39:01  *** Lauda has quit IRC
 21 2019-02-21T00:39:06  <promag> achow101: when I was doing #15153 usually I tested with -nowallet
 22 2019-02-21T00:39:08  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15153 | gui: Add Open Wallet menu by promag · Pull Request #15153 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 23 2019-02-21T00:39:35  <promag> it is kind of a surprise to see your behavior
 24 2019-02-21T00:40:10  <promag> I don't see any reason to be different with Qt 5.7 to be honest
 25 2019-02-21T00:41:16  *** Lauda has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 26 2019-02-21T00:42:48  <promag> is 5.7 what comes with debian
 27 2019-02-21T00:43:00  <promag> ?
 28 2019-02-21T00:43:13  <achow101> I think so
 29 2019-02-21T00:43:50  <promag> I'm downloading debian now to check it out
 30 2019-02-21T00:44:05  <promag> btw I'm working on top of your branch
 31 2019-02-21T00:44:19  <promag> gui-create-wallet
 32 2019-02-21T00:47:45  <achow101> originally I thought it was a problem with my branch, but i checked with my build of the master branch and it had the same problem
 33 2019-02-21T00:48:54  <promag> and there is nothing in .conf that could interfere?
 34 2019-02-21T00:49:28  *** Bullit has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 35 2019-02-21T00:50:49  <achow101> hmm. there's a wallet specified in there
 36 2019-02-21T00:51:40  <achow101> well commenting that out didn't change anything
 37 2019-02-21T00:54:18  <promag> I'll let you know how my debian test went
 38 2019-02-21T00:54:55  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 39 2019-02-21T00:55:48  <booyah> promag: https://packages.debian.org/stretch/qtbase5-dev
 40 2019-02-21T00:55:59  <booyah> 5.7.1 (plus custom patches)
 41 2019-02-21T01:00:20  <promag> booyah: ty
 42 2019-02-21T01:01:20  *** shesek has quit IRC
 43 2019-02-21T01:01:26  *** Empact has quit IRC
 44 2019-02-21T01:01:28  *** Empact_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 45 2019-02-21T01:01:47  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 46 2019-02-21T01:01:47  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 47 2019-02-21T01:10:18  <achow101> promag: the depends build works. it doesn't have that issue
 48 2019-02-21T01:10:28  <achow101> so it must be some problem with 5.7.1
 49 2019-02-21T01:11:16  <promag> mother of god
 50 2019-02-21T01:13:58  <achow101> promag: when I was testing gui-create-wallet, if i used the create wallet option when -nowallet was set, it would create the wallet and load it
 51 2019-02-21T01:14:41  <achow101> the only difference between that and the open wallet option when it comes to loading the wallet is that open wallet uses a signal to call setCurrentWallet while create wallet called it directly
 52 2019-02-21T01:16:08  <achow101> and then open wallet works fine if used after create wallet
 53 2019-02-21T01:19:44  *** millerti has quit IRC
 54 2019-02-21T01:20:51  <promag> achow101: there is currently a problem
 55 2019-02-21T01:21:01  <promag> this was already identified
 56 2019-02-21T01:21:04  <promag> https://github.com/achow101/bitcoin/blob/668aa51d2bbb1911ebc83b84fb8209c54e108a69/src/qt/walletframe.cpp#L81
 57 2019-02-21T01:21:16  *** zhangzf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 58 2019-02-21T01:21:42  <promag> if that is called before WalletFrame::addWallet then it wouldn't show the wallet
 59 2019-02-21T01:22:18  <achow101> promag: but then why does different qt versions matter?
 60 2019-02-21T01:23:06  <promag> I'm guessing signal/slot ordering and because OpenWalletActivity is on a different thread
 61 2019-02-21T01:23:44  <promag> if that's the reason behind that problem I'm currently fixing it
 62 2019-02-21T01:25:03  *** Murch has quit IRC
 63 2019-02-21T01:25:12  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
 64 2019-02-21T01:26:34  <promag> I think you can call WalletFrame::addWallet in WalletFrame::setCurrentWallet to see if that's the problem
 65 2019-02-21T01:27:20  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
 66 2019-02-21T01:27:43  <achow101> ah, so the problem is likely that addwallet isn't being called before setcurrentwallet
 67 2019-02-21T01:27:58  <promag> yap
 68 2019-02-21T01:29:04  *** schmidty has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 69 2019-02-21T01:30:27  <achow101> promag: that fixed that problem but introduced a whole new one
 70 2019-02-21T01:30:51  <achow101> none of the tabs work and the dropdown for the wallet selector isn't there (i tried to load multiple wallets)
 71 2019-02-21T01:31:23  <promag> I said "to see if that's the problem"
 72 2019-02-21T01:32:50  <achow101> yes that is the problem
 73 2019-02-21T01:33:25  <promag> I think that new issue is because "BitcoinGUI::addWallet" wasn't called or something
 74 2019-02-21T01:33:47  <promag> don't worry about this
 75 2019-02-21T01:33:51  <achow101> ok
 76 2019-02-21T01:34:10  <promag> I'll try to give instructions on how to reproduce and submit a fix
 77 2019-02-21T01:34:31  *** spinza has quit IRC
 78 2019-02-21T01:40:00  *** owowo has quit IRC
 79 2019-02-21T01:41:03  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 80 2019-02-21T01:43:12  *** cacho has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 81 2019-02-21T01:44:52  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 82 2019-02-21T02:11:19  *** Empact has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 83 2019-02-21T02:11:54  *** Empact_ has quit IRC
 84 2019-02-21T02:15:29  *** schmidty has quit IRC
 85 2019-02-21T02:33:30  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 86 2019-02-21T02:38:02  *** captjakk has quit IRC
 87 2019-02-21T02:39:27  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 88 2019-02-21T02:39:30  *** Aaronvan_ has quit IRC
 89 2019-02-21T02:43:06  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 90 2019-02-21T02:50:17  *** DeanGuss has quit IRC
 91 2019-02-21T02:52:21  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 92 2019-02-21T03:08:21  *** dviola has quit IRC
 93 2019-02-21T03:09:35  *** schmidty has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 94 2019-02-21T03:14:18  *** schmidty has quit IRC
 95 2019-02-21T03:16:31  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
 96 2019-02-21T03:26:08  *** margk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 97 2019-02-21T03:44:48  *** DeanGuss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 98 2019-02-21T04:17:27  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 99 2019-02-21T04:19:09  <fanquake> I can confirm achow101's problem with qt 5.7.1
100 2019-02-21T04:19:18  <fanquake> spun up a debian vm and get the same behaviour
101 2019-02-21T04:45:14  *** benthecarman has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
102 2019-02-21T04:46:22  *** benthecarman has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
103 2019-02-21T04:46:55  <benthecarman> Hey what would be people's thought on adding rpc/cli commands to change config options
104 2019-02-21T04:48:01  <benthecarman> My thoughts were for specifically rpcalllowip because it'd be nice to give an ip permission without needing to restart the node everytime
105 2019-02-21T04:49:53  <sipa> that's a common suggestion
106 2019-02-21T04:50:17  <sipa> and it certainly makes sense for a few things (rpcallowip is a good example)
107 2019-02-21T04:50:51  <sipa> though it's very hard to do generically (because values of config options often affect how various derived variables are initialized stc)
108 2019-02-21T04:56:18  *** skyikot has quit IRC
109 2019-02-21T05:02:16  *** mildly_risky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
110 2019-02-21T05:02:57  <benthecarman> Yeah I imagine, need to write to file and change the permissions while running. If a PR was made, would it likely be approved however?
111 2019-02-21T05:03:00  *** benthecarman has quit IRC
112 2019-02-21T05:04:45  <gmaxwell> I'm unsure, the change would likely be highly disruptive and might not be justified for the benefit. :(
113 2019-02-21T05:05:13  <gmaxwell> Sometimes we can't really tell if a change would be accepted until its done.
114 2019-02-21T05:05:47  <gmaxwell> I think if you go read past discussions (which you absolutely should do before attempting or it probably won't be accepted!), you'll see that it's not really a simple question.
115 2019-02-21T05:05:57  *** benthecarman has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
116 2019-02-21T05:07:17  *** mildly_risky has quit IRC
117 2019-02-21T05:09:23  <sipa> benthecarman: oh, there is a PR to introduce a sepaeate writable config file for this purpose
118 2019-02-21T05:09:56  *** mildly_risky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
119 2019-02-21T05:10:34  *** schmidty has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
120 2019-02-21T05:11:33  <tryphe> what about accepting a dns/alias in addition to a netmask/CIDR? then you would just depend on the system to resolve the alias, and avoid remote changes
121 2019-02-21T05:12:54  <gmaxwell> from a programming perspective sticking a DNS query in is pretty awful... as you now have network interaction in an otherwise trivial code path.  DNS is also almost universally deployed in an insecure manner, so making your auth triggered by DNS usually immediately exposes it to attacks.
122 2019-02-21T05:13:14  <gmaxwell> elsewhere where we've had dns resolution it's resulted in stupid bugs.
123 2019-02-21T05:13:23  <tryphe> yeah, it would suck to switchover like 12 hours later because of dns caching, lol
124 2019-02-21T05:13:27  <gmaxwell> (e.g. addnode)
125 2019-02-21T05:13:36  *** mildly_risky has quit IRC
126 2019-02-21T05:14:07  <gmaxwell> sooo I'd really prefer not to.  the rpc is really not intended to be used outside of a single host/vms/physically isolated lan/ etc.
127 2019-02-21T05:15:29  <sipa> tryphe: if the expected behavior is that it is resolved once at startup time it is very easy to implement... but perhaps undesirable or at least unintuitive
128 2019-02-21T05:15:33  <tryphe> yeah, or if you needed to, more practical to run a tunnel
129 2019-02-21T05:15:52  <gmaxwell> yup which is also what we recommend.
130 2019-02-21T05:22:03  *** skyikot has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
131 2019-02-21T05:40:57  *** margk has quit IRC
132 2019-02-21T05:42:15  *** benthecarman has quit IRC
133 2019-02-21T06:04:05  *** schmidty has quit IRC
134 2019-02-21T06:08:37  *** skyikot has quit IRC
135 2019-02-21T06:10:34  *** benthecarman has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
136 2019-02-21T06:14:19  *** benthecarman has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
137 2019-02-21T06:16:20  *** benthecarman has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2019-02-21T06:18:16  *** benthecarman has quit IRC
139 2019-02-21T07:02:53  *** droark has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
140 2019-02-21T07:10:28  *** spinza has quit IRC
141 2019-02-21T07:27:22  *** fanquake has quit IRC
142 2019-02-21T07:29:56  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
143 2019-02-21T07:31:41  <wumpus> yes tunneling is definitely the way to go for remote RPC, this is also what is suggested in `doc/JSON-RPC-interface.md`
144 2019-02-21T07:31:47  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
145 2019-02-21T07:39:42  <wumpus> it's cool that we're pretty much on schedule for 0.18 branch-off, two pulls to go for now https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+milestone%3A0.18.0
146 2019-02-21T07:45:27  *** IZooo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
147 2019-02-21T07:46:24  <IZooo> Hello :)
148 2019-02-21T07:46:29  <wumpus> hi !
149 2019-02-21T07:54:36  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
150 2019-02-21T07:57:20  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
151 2019-02-21T08:01:07  *** schmidty has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
152 2019-02-21T08:09:25  <droark> Hi. In testnet, it appears that dust limits for outputs (dustrealyfee) are ignored. Can somebody point out where in the code this exception occurs? I'm getting lost trying to find it.
153 2019-02-21T08:14:40  *** promag has quit IRC
154 2019-02-21T08:18:38  <wumpus> droark: the dust check is done in policy.cpp, IsStandardTx, this isn't checked for regtest and testnet by default, but can be overridden using `-acceptnonstdtxn`
155 2019-02-21T08:23:44  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
156 2019-02-21T08:23:44  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/f9775a865597...3e1ca1348cbd
157 2019-02-21T08:23:46  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 745a2ac Hennadii Stepanov: Improve PID file removing errors logging
158 2019-02-21T08:23:46  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 561e375 Hennadii Stepanov: Make PID file creating errors fatal
159 2019-02-21T08:23:46  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3782075 Hennadii Stepanov: Move all PID file stuff to init.cpp
160 2019-02-21T08:23:49  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
161 2019-02-21T08:24:31  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
162 2019-02-21T08:24:32  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #15278: Improve PID file error handling (master...20190128-pidfile-logging) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15278
163 2019-02-21T08:24:37  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
164 2019-02-21T08:25:41  <droark> @wumpus - Thanks! Much appreciated. Missed the greater context.
165 2019-02-21T08:25:48  <wumpus> yw
166 2019-02-21T08:37:02  *** IZooo has quit IRC
167 2019-02-21T08:37:26  *** IZooo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
168 2019-02-21T08:39:30  *** fanquake has quit IRC
169 2019-02-21T08:44:59  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
170 2019-02-21T08:44:59  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/3e1ca1348cbd...4d126f289c7d
171 2019-02-21T08:45:00  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 901baf2 fanquake: doc: update FreeBSD build guide for 12.0
172 2019-02-21T08:45:00  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4d126f2 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #15416: doc: update FreeBSD build guide for 12.0
173 2019-02-21T08:45:04  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
174 2019-02-21T08:45:39  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
175 2019-02-21T08:45:39  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #15416: doc: update FreeBSD build guide for 12.0 (master...docs-freebsd-120) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15416
176 2019-02-21T08:45:40  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
177 2019-02-21T08:47:33  *** trotski2000 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
178 2019-02-21T08:51:41  <wumpus> #15267 adds some documentation comments, would be nice if someone with a good grasp of the mempool/caching logic (sipa, sdaftuar ?) could review them for correctness
179 2019-02-21T08:51:43  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15267 | doc: explain AcceptToMemoryPoolWorkers coins_to_uncache by jamesob · Pull Request #15267 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
180 2019-02-21T08:59:37  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
181 2019-02-21T08:59:38  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/4d126f289c7d...b853746d4a8a
182 2019-02-21T08:59:38  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 55e05a8 Martin Erlandsson: Added some factors that affect the dependency list
183 2019-02-21T08:59:39  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b853746 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #15222: docs: Add info about factors that affect dependency list
184 2019-02-21T08:59:41  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
185 2019-02-21T09:00:09  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
186 2019-02-21T09:00:09  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #15222: docs: Add info about factors that affect dependency list (master...patch-2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15222
187 2019-02-21T09:00:13  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
188 2019-02-21T09:00:44  *** siom has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
189 2019-02-21T09:03:54  *** setpill has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
190 2019-02-21T09:08:49  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
191 2019-02-21T09:31:02  *** siom has quit IRC
192 2019-02-21T09:32:24  *** siom has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
193 2019-02-21T09:41:02  *** fanquake has quit IRC
194 2019-02-21T09:44:37  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
195 2019-02-21T09:55:03  *** davec has quit IRC
196 2019-02-21T09:57:09  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
197 2019-02-21T10:15:18  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
198 2019-02-21T10:18:12  <wumpus> luke-jr: I've sent the addrv2 message draft BIP to the mailing list, can you assign me a BIP number please?
199 2019-02-21T10:19:58  *** promag has quit IRC
200 2019-02-21T10:26:34  *** spinza has quit IRC
201 2019-02-21T10:36:54  *** Empact has quit IRC
202 2019-02-21T10:40:13  *** Empact has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
203 2019-02-21T10:49:54  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
204 2019-02-21T10:54:14  *** Empact_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
205 2019-02-21T10:54:41  *** Empact has quit IRC
206 2019-02-21T10:58:40  *** Empact_ has quit IRC
207 2019-02-21T11:08:15  *** mildly_risky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
208 2019-02-21T11:11:54  *** mildly_risky has quit IRC
209 2019-02-21T11:12:37  *** jungly has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
210 2019-02-21T11:13:33  *** mildly_risky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
211 2019-02-21T11:17:14  *** mildly_risky has quit IRC
212 2019-02-21T11:19:42  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
213 2019-02-21T11:24:40  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
214 2019-02-21T11:31:12  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
215 2019-02-21T11:33:48  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
216 2019-02-21T11:35:35  *** zhangzf has quit IRC
217 2019-02-21T11:40:56  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
218 2019-02-21T11:44:24  *** Aaronvan_ has quit IRC
219 2019-02-21T11:47:44  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
220 2019-02-21T11:47:44  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] riordant opened pull request #15456: Enable PID file creation on WIN (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15456
221 2019-02-21T11:47:45  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
222 2019-02-21T11:53:26  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
223 2019-02-21T12:08:15  *** mildly_risky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
224 2019-02-21T12:09:21  *** mildly_risky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
225 2019-02-21T12:21:29  *** mildly_risky has quit IRC
226 2019-02-21T12:21:31  <gmaxwell> If anyone is getting bored waiting for 0.18 to ship to get moving on other work...  libsecp256k1  has a couple PRs that could just use some C code review:
227 2019-02-21T12:21:34  <gmaxwell> in particular: https://github.com/bitcoin-core/secp256k1/pull/578
228 2019-02-21T12:22:14  <gmaxwell> also https://github.com/bitcoin-core/secp256k1/pull/584 (cross compiling build system review)
229 2019-02-21T12:22:24  <wumpus> I'll take a look
230 2019-02-21T12:22:38  *** StopAndDecrypt has quit IRC
231 2019-02-21T12:23:50  <gmaxwell> and one final one https://github.com/bitcoin-core/secp256k1/pull/568  (which mostly I want plain C code review-- as it previously had a silly pointer vs int bug, though this one touches more complicated code that might leave people unfamilar with the library feeling lost)
232 2019-02-21T12:24:06  <gmaxwell> wumpus: that would be great, thank you!
233 2019-02-21T12:25:53  *** booyah has quit IRC
234 2019-02-21T12:27:02  *** booyah has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
235 2019-02-21T12:33:36  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
236 2019-02-21T12:38:31  *** mildly_risky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
237 2019-02-21T12:39:13  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
238 2019-02-21T12:41:18  *** mildly_risky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
239 2019-02-21T12:46:34  *** mildly_risky has quit IRC
240 2019-02-21T12:49:11  *** mildly_risky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
241 2019-02-21T12:51:45  *** mildly_risky has quit IRC
242 2019-02-21T12:54:42  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
243 2019-02-21T13:04:40  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
244 2019-02-21T13:07:05  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
245 2019-02-21T13:13:00  *** mmgen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
246 2019-02-21T13:14:19  *** zhangzf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
247 2019-02-21T13:15:24  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
248 2019-02-21T13:15:24  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Sjors opened pull request #15457: Check std::system for -[alert|block|wallet]notify (master...2019/02/std__system) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15457
249 2019-02-21T13:15:25  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
250 2019-02-21T13:25:27  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
251 2019-02-21T13:29:33  *** Emcy has quit IRC
252 2019-02-21T13:29:34  *** schmidty has quit IRC
253 2019-02-21T13:29:49  *** schmidty has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
254 2019-02-21T13:40:05  *** Empact has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
255 2019-02-21T13:41:15  *** schmidty has quit IRC
256 2019-02-21T13:42:19  *** schmidty has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
257 2019-02-21T13:43:45  *** Emcy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
258 2019-02-21T13:44:40  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
259 2019-02-21T13:45:06  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
260 2019-02-21T13:45:28  *** Empact has quit IRC
261 2019-02-21T13:46:54  *** schmidty has quit IRC
262 2019-02-21T13:48:55  *** schmidty has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
263 2019-02-21T13:53:23  *** schmidty has quit IRC
264 2019-02-21T13:56:42  *** siom has quit IRC
265 2019-02-21T13:58:23  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
266 2019-02-21T14:23:29  *** schmidty has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
267 2019-02-21T14:32:50  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
268 2019-02-21T14:46:17  *** schmidty has quit IRC
269 2019-02-21T14:46:33  *** schmidty has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
270 2019-02-21T14:51:05  *** fanquake has quit IRC
271 2019-02-21T14:52:47  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
272 2019-02-21T15:01:16  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
273 2019-02-21T15:01:44  *** setpill has quit IRC
274 2019-02-21T15:12:10  *** schmidty has quit IRC
275 2019-02-21T15:21:06  *** skyikot has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
276 2019-02-21T15:29:01  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
277 2019-02-21T15:29:01  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] promag opened pull request #15458: refactor: Drop redundant wallet reference (master...2019-02-interfaces-wallet) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15458
278 2019-02-21T15:29:02  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
279 2019-02-21T15:31:04  *** jarthur has quit IRC
280 2019-02-21T15:31:32  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
281 2019-02-21T15:34:26  *** mildly_risky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
282 2019-02-21T15:44:21  *** skyikot has quit IRC
283 2019-02-21T15:45:40  *** spaced0ut has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
284 2019-02-21T15:47:52  *** mildly_risky has quit IRC
285 2019-02-21T16:02:14  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
286 2019-02-21T16:02:14  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] marcoagner opened pull request #15459: [doc] release process: how to calculate m_assumed_blockchain_size and m_assumed_chain_state_size (master...doc_blockchain_and_chainstate_size_calculation) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15459
287 2019-02-21T16:02:15  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
288 2019-02-21T16:26:18  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
289 2019-02-21T16:27:30  *** mildly_risky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
290 2019-02-21T16:30:59  *** mildly_risky has quit IRC
291 2019-02-21T16:34:01  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
292 2019-02-21T16:49:10  *** zhangzf has quit IRC
293 2019-02-21T16:52:01  <jnewbery> Hi all. dongcarl is doing great work picking up the p2p refactor project (https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/4). I think it makes sense for him to have write access so he can update that board. Due to github permissions, that would also allow give him write access to do things like tag and close issues. It would *not* give him commit permissions.
294 2019-02-21T16:52:12  <jnewbery> any objections?
295 2019-02-21T16:52:39  *** siom has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
296 2019-02-21T16:53:20  <wumpus> no, sgtm
297 2019-02-21T16:54:12  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
298 2019-02-21T16:59:43  *** Empact has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
299 2019-02-21T17:00:28  *** captjakk has quit IRC
300 2019-02-21T17:00:59  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
301 2019-02-21T17:09:19  *** earlz has quit IRC
302 2019-02-21T17:09:30  *** ryanofsky has quit IRC
303 2019-02-21T17:09:56  *** harding has quit IRC
304 2019-02-21T17:12:00  *** skyikot has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
305 2019-02-21T17:14:02  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
306 2019-02-21T17:14:15  *** ryanofsky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
307 2019-02-21T17:15:12  *** harding has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
308 2019-02-21T17:15:32  *** earlz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
309 2019-02-21T17:18:08  <gkrizek> I updated #15255 with MarcoFalke 's suggestions if anyone cares to take another look.
310 2019-02-21T17:18:09  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15255 | [tests] Remove travis_wait from lint script by gkrizek · Pull Request #15255 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
311 2019-02-21T17:24:56  *** DougieBot5000 has quit IRC
312 2019-02-21T17:27:00  *** DougieBot5000 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
313 2019-02-21T17:27:30  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
314 2019-02-21T17:31:46  *** jungly has quit IRC
315 2019-02-21T17:33:16  <provoostenator> Would be nice to get this one line documentation change in: #13676
316 2019-02-21T17:33:18  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13676 | Explain that mempool memory is added to -dbcache by Sjors · Pull Request #13676 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
317 2019-02-21T17:52:43  <luke-jr> wumpus: I don't see a PR? (nor ML discussion, but maybe the subject is just non-obvious?)
318 2019-02-21T17:54:22  <wumpus> luke-jr: sure, I can make a PR, but though that'd only make sense if there is a bip number
319 2019-02-21T17:55:49  <luke-jr> BIP 2 put PR before number assignment
320 2019-02-21T17:57:49  *** fabianfabian has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
321 2019-02-21T17:57:56  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
322 2019-02-21T17:57:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/b853746d4a8a...a83aedca1889
323 2019-02-21T17:57:57  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7cb1a14 Sjors Provoost: Explain that unused mempool memory is added to -dbcache
324 2019-02-21T17:57:57  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a83aedc Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #13676: Explain that mempool memory is added to -dbcache
325 2019-02-21T17:58:01  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
326 2019-02-21T17:58:18  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
327 2019-02-21T17:58:18  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #13676: Explain that mempool memory is added to -dbcache (master...2018/07/dbcache-ibd-mempool) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13676
328 2019-02-21T17:58:21  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
329 2019-02-21T18:01:06  *** promag has quit IRC
330 2019-02-21T18:01:14  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
331 2019-02-21T18:04:43  <wumpus> luke-jr: ok, thanks
332 2019-02-21T18:08:28  *** siom has quit IRC
333 2019-02-21T18:08:53  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
334 2019-02-21T18:15:33  *** tripleslash has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
335 2019-02-21T18:15:35  *** tripleslash has quit IRC
336 2019-02-21T18:16:11  *** tripleslash has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
337 2019-02-21T18:29:31  *** siom has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
338 2019-02-21T18:30:54  *** siom_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
339 2019-02-21T18:31:07  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
340 2019-02-21T18:33:54  *** siom has quit IRC
341 2019-02-21T18:36:55  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
342 2019-02-21T18:40:12  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
343 2019-02-21T18:48:45  *** siom has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
344 2019-02-21T18:50:26  *** siom_ has quit IRC
345 2019-02-21T18:55:19  *** skyikot has quit IRC
346 2019-02-21T18:56:55  *** clarkmoody has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
347 2019-02-21T19:00:40  *** siom has quit IRC
348 2019-02-21T19:01:24  <promag_> no meeting?
349 2019-02-21T19:01:49  * luke-jr meets with promag_
350 2019-02-21T19:01:53  <jnewbery> hi
351 2019-02-21T19:01:53  <jamesob> I think it was done earlier due to a conf-related timezone shift?
352 2019-02-21T19:02:02  <kanzure> hi
353 2019-02-21T19:02:09  <promag_> luke-jr: o/
354 2019-02-21T19:02:12  <achow101> jamesob: no?
355 2019-02-21T19:02:16  <moneyball> oh?
356 2019-02-21T19:02:36  <achow101> \me performs the wumpus summoning ritual
357 2019-02-21T19:03:02  <jamesob> nvm I'm full of it probably
358 2019-02-21T19:03:07  <luke-jr> XD
359 2019-02-21T19:03:15  <jnewbery> #action hunt the wumpus
360 2019-02-21T19:03:43  <kanzure> wumpus is an endangered species and we probably shouldn't hunt to extinction
361 2019-02-21T19:03:51  <promag_> anyway bbl
362 2019-02-21T19:04:00  <luke-jr> promag_: ⁈
363 2019-02-21T19:04:21  <luke-jr> ok, let's all discuss promag_'s PRs behind his back
364 2019-02-21T19:05:25  <MarcoFalke> Let's start by proposing topics
365 2019-02-21T19:05:34  <MarcoFalke> s/start/wait/
366 2019-02-21T19:06:21  * sipa half online from FC19
367 2019-02-21T19:06:25  <wumpus> #startmeeting
368 2019-02-21T19:06:25  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Feb 21 19:06:25 2019 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
369 2019-02-21T19:06:25  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
370 2019-02-21T19:06:42  <wumpus> sorry
371 2019-02-21T19:06:59  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb
372 2019-02-21T19:07:03  <MarcoFalke> heh, I don't think there is much to discuss anyway?
373 2019-02-21T19:07:24  <moneyball> no proposed topics during the week
374 2019-02-21T19:07:24  <gmaxwell> HI
375 2019-02-21T19:07:30  <MarcoFalke> Has anyone seen issues after the feature freeze that are not related to emojis?
376 2019-02-21T19:07:48  <promag_> I'll submit a couple of fixes for 0.18, then help achow101 on create wallet, cheers
377 2019-02-21T19:07:49  *** spinza has quit IRC
378 2019-02-21T19:07:50  <moneyball> and congrats to everyone for completing feature freeze!
379 2019-02-21T19:07:51  <promag_> emojis ^
380 2019-02-21T19:07:52  <wumpus> the good news is, we're very well on schedule; there's two PRs left to be merged for 0.18 #15402 #15401
381 2019-02-21T19:07:56  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15402 | Granular invalidateblock and RewindBlockIndex by sipa · Pull Request #15402 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
382 2019-02-21T19:07:58  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15401 | rpc: Actually throw help when passed invalid number of params by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #15401 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
383 2019-02-21T19:08:27  <achow101> MarcoFalke: #15453. promag_ and I figured out it's a signalling order problem with qt 5.7.1
384 2019-02-21T19:08:29  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15453 | Starting bitcoin-qt with -nowallet and then opening a wallet does not show the wallet · Issue #15453 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
385 2019-02-21T19:08:43  <MarcoFalke> oh, so not related to the filename?
386 2019-02-21T19:08:49  <achow101> no
387 2019-02-21T19:09:02  <achow101> well there's that too I think
388 2019-02-21T19:09:17  <achow101> (different issue)
389 2019-02-21T19:09:30  <wumpus> please let me know if anything needs tagging for 0.18
390 2019-02-21T19:09:30  <kanzure> hi
391 2019-02-21T19:12:27  <luke-jr> <.<
392 2019-02-21T19:13:00  <wumpus> that's a short meeting I guess
393 2019-02-21T19:13:19  <wumpus> no topics, nothing to discuss for 0.18 ?
394 2019-02-21T19:13:29  <jnewbery> I imagine the same will be true for a wallet meeting tomorrow. Do we want to postpone that until next week?
395 2019-02-21T19:13:32  <wumpus> please help reviewing the last PRs then
396 2019-02-21T19:14:12  <moneyball> it gives developers time to do some extra reviews such as the PRs gmaxwell referred to earlier today
397 2019-02-21T19:14:45  <wumpus> so the aim for the 0.18 branch split-off is 2019-03-01, I guess we're going to make it this time :)
398 2019-02-21T19:15:10  <wumpus> yes, gmaxwell mentioned some secp256k1 PRs that need reviewing
399 2019-02-21T19:15:37  <luke-jr> [12:21:31] <gmaxwell> If anyone is getting bored waiting for 0.18 to ship to get moving on other work…  libsecp256k1  has a couple PRs that could just use some C code review:
400 2019-02-21T19:15:38  <luke-jr> [12:21:34] <gmaxwell> in particular: https://github.com/bitcoin-core/secp256k1/pull/578
401 2019-02-21T19:15:56  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
402 2019-02-21T19:16:34  <wumpus> #endmeeting
403 2019-02-21T19:16:34  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Feb 21 19:16:34 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
404 2019-02-21T19:16:34  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-02-21-19.06.html
405 2019-02-21T19:16:34  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-02-21-19.06.txt
406 2019-02-21T19:16:34  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-02-21-19.06.log.html
407 2019-02-21T19:16:57  <jnewbery> meshcollider: any thoughts about postponing wallet meeting to next week?
408 2019-02-21T19:16:57  <gmaxwell> It isn't critical, but I've been trying to catch up the enormous backlog of PRs on libsecp256k1. (I merged ~11 PRs yesturday).  What I asked about in here were ones probably anyone in here could give a useful review to...
409 2019-02-21T19:17:50  <gmaxwell> I'm trying to get all the small improvements that were sitting around merged so as only to cause ~1 rebase cycle for the other inflight more significant pieces of code. (e.g. schnorr signatures)
410 2019-02-21T19:17:55  <luke-jr> ah, not crypto-heavy
411 2019-02-21T19:18:32  <wumpus> no, some build system and refactoring
412 2019-02-21T19:18:59  <wumpus> some of it is very scary though
413 2019-02-21T19:19:13  <jnewbery> I have one other announcement: we're closing applications to the residency on Sunday. We've found that some of our best applicants have been referrals, so if you know anyone who you think would be a good Bitcoin contributor, please send them our way! https://residency.chaincode.com
414 2019-02-21T19:19:17  <gmaxwell> mostly because I already merged all the stuff that was trivial. :P
415 2019-02-21T19:21:51  <luke-jr> gmaxwell: unrelated to the PR itself, shouldn't there be checks that pos isn't beyond the end of input here? https://github.com/bitcoin-core/secp256k1/pull/578/files#diff-894075824bb67186a1d4e4cc3961644eR57
416 2019-02-21T19:22:31  <luke-jr> or is this assuming some degree of well-formed input?
417 2019-02-21T19:25:42  <gmaxwell> it certantly should not be assuming well-formed input.
418 2019-02-21T19:26:20  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
419 2019-02-21T19:26:53  *** irc_viewer_test has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
420 2019-02-21T19:27:00  <gmaxwell> well to be clear, earlier code in the function probably checks a minimum size.
421 2019-02-21T19:27:08  <luke-jr> am I missing where it gets checked? hopefully I'm not leaving incorrect review comments :x
422 2019-02-21T19:27:17  <gmaxwell> so if thats what you meant by assuming some degree of well formed, that could be the case.
423 2019-02-21T19:28:24  <gmaxwell> luke-jr: your thought that its missing a check looks correct to me.
424 2019-02-21T19:28:56  <gmaxwell> there is a check before each prior one, but I don't see a check after that last postincrement.
425 2019-02-21T19:29:43  <gmaxwell> thought IIRC there is a pretty good fuzzing based tester for that function, so I'm surprised that if its got a bug there it hasn't been noticed.
426 2019-02-21T19:38:31  *** clarkmoody has quit IRC
427 2019-02-21T19:48:37  *** dqx_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
428 2019-02-21T19:50:42  *** irc_viewer_test has quit IRC
429 2019-02-21T20:00:26  *** jarthur_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
430 2019-02-21T20:03:10  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
431 2019-02-21T20:04:08  *** jarthur has quit IRC
432 2019-02-21T20:04:33  *** jarthur_ has quit IRC
433 2019-02-21T20:13:02  *** fabianfabian has quit IRC
434 2019-02-21T20:13:54  <meshcollider> jnewbery: postponing tomorrows wallet meeting sounds sensible yep
435 2019-02-21T20:14:38  <wumpus> what caused the lack of interest in the meting ? is there anything special this week?
436 2019-02-21T20:15:12  <sipa> wumpus: number of people at financial crypto
437 2019-02-21T20:15:32  <sipa> (BlueMatt, sdaftuar, cfields_, me, ...)
438 2019-02-21T20:15:51  <sipa> after this week i have no travel plans for a few months
439 2019-02-21T20:16:38  <wumpus> right! thanks
440 2019-02-21T20:19:58  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
441 2019-02-21T20:30:05  *** null_0x00 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
442 2019-02-21T20:30:52  <jamesob> "i have no travel plans for a few months" bet you're excited sipa
443 2019-02-21T20:32:24  *** skyikot has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
444 2019-02-21T20:54:51  *** irc_viewer_test has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
445 2019-02-21T20:54:53  *** DeanGuss has quit IRC
446 2019-02-21T20:57:51  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
447 2019-02-21T20:59:38  <dongcarl> jonasschnelli: Any thoughts on this: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8888#issuecomment-457003118, I might remove #8888 from the board since it's really old (but has a very lucky issue number!)
448 2019-02-21T20:59:40  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/8888 | CConnman: Remove some global usage in the gui by theuni · Pull Request #8888 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
449 2019-02-21T21:05:57  *** petezz4 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
450 2019-02-21T21:11:09  *** Murch has quit IRC
451 2019-02-21T21:12:08  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
452 2019-02-21T21:14:08  *** promag_ has quit IRC
453 2019-02-21T21:14:54  *** Murch has quit IRC
454 2019-02-21T21:15:44  <jonasschnelli> sry. missed the meeting
455 2019-02-21T21:16:14  <wumpus> heh it wasn't much anyway
456 2019-02-21T21:16:26  <jonasschnelli> just saw that it was pretty short...
457 2019-02-21T21:16:51  <jonasschnelli> dongcarl: no real thoughts on that. But I think it would be nice if you pick it up
458 2019-02-21T21:21:28  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
459 2019-02-21T21:22:56  *** null_0x00 has quit IRC
460 2019-02-21T21:24:56  *** trotski2000 has quit IRC
461 2019-02-21T21:36:52  *** schmidty has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
462 2019-02-21T21:38:03  *** irc_viewer_test has quit IRC
463 2019-02-21T21:41:15  <dongcarl> Cool
464 2019-02-21T21:41:43  <dongcarl> I'm seeking context on libevent in bitcoin
465 2019-02-21T21:42:17  <dongcarl> it seems that for the node, we had select only, then pstrateman implemented poll
466 2019-02-21T21:43:02  <dongcarl> I see that libevent is being pulled in as a dependency for the RPC server as well
467 2019-02-21T21:43:17  *** petezz4 has quit IRC
468 2019-02-21T21:44:15  <dongcarl> But  #11227 for node socket handling wasn't completed.
469 2019-02-21T21:44:17  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11227 | WIP: switch to libevent for node socket handling by theuni · Pull Request #11227 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
470 2019-02-21T21:44:49  <dongcarl> Do people still think this is valuable/worth doing?
471 2019-02-21T21:45:01  <jamesob> dongcarl: my impression is that (i) long-term we'd like to use libevent in lieu of poll() but (ii) it will require more substantial net refactoring and (iii) there are probably additional considerations around the use of another external library for something so critical - e.g. might be prudent to maintain our own fork a la leveldb
472 2019-02-21T21:45:51  <jamesob> AFAIK poll() was a sort of mid-state along the way to libevent that didn't require as much code churn
473 2019-02-21T21:46:50  <dongcarl> jamesob: Right, that makes a lot of sense.
474 2019-02-21T21:47:10  <dongcarl> Poor BSD folks, no kqueue for so long
475 2019-02-21T21:47:33  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
476 2019-02-21T21:47:35  <jamesob> better than a broken kqueue implementation *cough*Darwin*cough* :)
477 2019-02-21T21:47:50  <dongcarl> lol
478 2019-02-21T21:48:04  <dongcarl> I remember hearing about libev used somewhere in bitcoin
479 2019-02-21T21:48:08  <dongcarl> But I might be imagining things
480 2019-02-21T21:48:52  <dongcarl> Nothing in issues or PR, must be from my dreams
481 2019-02-21T21:50:05  <jarthur> There are some non-Core softwares out there that use it. cbitcoin and libbitc
482 2019-02-21T21:50:13  *** mmgen has quit IRC
483 2019-02-21T21:52:35  <dongcarl> jarthur: libev you mean?
484 2019-02-21T21:52:40  <jarthur> yes
485 2019-02-21T21:55:10  <dongcarl> Right, from skimming the two libraries I think libev is probably more minimal and (supposedly) better designed, but it'd be another depedency :-/
486 2019-02-21T22:01:59  *** Murch has quit IRC
487 2019-02-21T22:04:16  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
488 2019-02-21T22:07:28  <jamesob> dongcarl: confusingly there's also "libuv" (which looks way too bloated for us)
489 2019-02-21T22:08:34  <dongcarl> jamesob: Yeah. I want to try out libev. It actually has a "libevent emulation layer" which might be a good step to switching.
490 2019-02-21T22:08:44  *** DeanGuss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
491 2019-02-21T22:08:53  <dongcarl> According to http://libev.schmorp.de/bench.html you just switch out the header file
492 2019-02-21T22:17:03  *** promag has quit IRC
493 2019-02-21T22:17:16  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
494 2019-02-21T22:17:29  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
495 2019-02-21T22:19:51  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
496 2019-02-21T22:25:49  *** promag_ has quit IRC
497 2019-02-21T22:36:30  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
498 2019-02-21T22:44:38  *** timothy has quit IRC
499 2019-02-21T22:55:11  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
500 2019-02-21T22:56:10  *** spinza has quit IRC
501 2019-02-21T23:00:08  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
502 2019-02-21T23:12:46  *** Murch has quit IRC
503 2019-02-21T23:13:56  *** Murch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
504 2019-02-21T23:26:49  *** captjakk has quit IRC
505 2019-02-21T23:27:24  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
506 2019-02-21T23:28:09  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
507 2019-02-21T23:31:45  *** captjakk has quit IRC