1 2019-05-23T00:00:02  *** grafa has quit IRC
  2 2019-05-23T00:13:43  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  3 2019-05-23T00:23:07  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
  4 2019-05-23T00:34:10  *** icek has quit IRC
  5 2019-05-23T00:38:20  *** oneark has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  6 2019-05-23T00:41:33  *** Jackielove4u has quit IRC
  7 2019-05-23T00:46:50  *** Antonet has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  8 2019-05-23T00:47:48  *** icek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  9 2019-05-23T01:01:05  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
 10 2019-05-23T01:24:58  *** DeanWeen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 11 2019-05-23T01:34:13  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 12 2019-05-23T01:45:28  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
 13 2019-05-23T01:54:37  *** scoop has quit IRC
 14 2019-05-23T01:55:29  *** scoop has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 15 2019-05-23T02:01:46  *** scoop has quit IRC
 16 2019-05-23T02:02:33  *** d_t has quit IRC
 17 2019-05-23T02:14:01  *** scoop has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 18 2019-05-23T02:14:14  *** ccdle12_ has quit IRC
 19 2019-05-23T02:18:46  *** ccdle12 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 20 2019-05-23T02:29:46  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 21 2019-05-23T02:41:51  *** ccdle12 has quit IRC
 22 2019-05-23T02:46:10  *** ccdle12 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2019-05-23T02:49:12  *** hebasto has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 24 2019-05-23T03:00:02  *** Antonet has quit IRC
 25 2019-05-23T03:09:07  *** ccdle12 has quit IRC
 26 2019-05-23T03:12:13  *** hebasto has quit IRC
 27 2019-05-23T03:12:56  *** ccdle12 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 28 2019-05-23T03:15:18  *** davterra has quit IRC
 29 2019-05-23T03:18:39  *** EricFisher has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 30 2019-05-23T03:20:26  *** davterra has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 31 2019-05-23T03:30:48  *** scoop has quit IRC
 32 2019-05-23T03:31:51  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
 33 2019-05-23T03:33:06  *** scoop has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 34 2019-05-23T03:35:28  *** ccdle12 has quit IRC
 35 2019-05-23T03:37:26  *** scoop has quit IRC
 36 2019-05-23T03:37:29  *** nullptr_ has quit IRC
 37 2019-05-23T03:38:13  *** MrPaz has quit IRC
 38 2019-05-23T03:39:02  *** nullptr| has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 39 2019-05-23T03:44:56  *** scoop has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 40 2019-05-23T03:46:56  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 41 2019-05-23T03:56:36  *** scoop has quit IRC
 42 2019-05-23T04:03:02  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
 43 2019-05-23T04:04:08  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 44 2019-05-23T04:44:27  *** spinza has quit IRC
 45 2019-05-23T04:53:26  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 46 2019-05-23T05:06:50  *** xingzhi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 47 2019-05-23T05:11:44  *** Eric3 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 48 2019-05-23T05:12:02  *** ExEric3 has quit IRC
 49 2019-05-23T05:31:13  *** d_t has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 50 2019-05-23T05:38:37  *** xingzhi has quit IRC
 51 2019-05-23T05:43:30  *** electric-sheep[m has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 52 2019-05-23T05:48:33  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 53 2019-05-23T05:53:22  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
 54 2019-05-23T06:00:01  *** EricFisher has quit IRC
 55 2019-05-23T06:00:49  *** icek has quit IRC
 56 2019-05-23T06:03:40  *** sankarshan1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 57 2019-05-23T06:05:56  *** adiabat_ has quit IRC
 58 2019-05-23T06:12:33  *** adiabat_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 59 2019-05-23T06:16:05  *** ExEric3 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 60 2019-05-23T06:16:05  *** d_t has quit IRC
 61 2019-05-23T06:17:18  *** Eric3 has quit IRC
 62 2019-05-23T06:28:58  *** icek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 63 2019-05-23T06:45:14  *** JamesAU has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 64 2019-05-23T06:48:07  *** hebasto has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 65 2019-05-23T06:56:59  *** davterra has quit IRC
 66 2019-05-23T07:11:45  *** davterra has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 67 2019-05-23T07:21:09  *** JamesAU_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 68 2019-05-23T07:23:20  *** JamesAU has quit IRC
 69 2019-05-23T07:24:40  *** kljasdfvv has quit IRC
 70 2019-05-23T07:26:17  *** adam3us has quit IRC
 71 2019-05-23T07:26:29  *** adam3us has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 72 2019-05-23T07:27:35  *** schmidty has quit IRC
 73 2019-05-23T07:28:06  *** kljasdfvv has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 74 2019-05-23T07:28:08  *** schmidty has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 75 2019-05-23T07:33:18  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 76 2019-05-23T07:35:23  *** promag has quit IRC
 77 2019-05-23T07:49:39  *** JamesAU has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 78 2019-05-23T07:52:43  *** JamesAU_ has quit IRC
 79 2019-05-23T08:04:05  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 80 2019-05-23T08:04:33  *** ccdle12 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 81 2019-05-23T08:06:38  *** setpill has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 82 2019-05-23T08:44:41  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 83 2019-05-23T08:53:52  *** icek has quit IRC
 84 2019-05-23T09:00:01  *** sankarshan1 has quit IRC
 85 2019-05-23T09:03:51  *** newz2000 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 86 2019-05-23T09:25:39  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 87 2019-05-23T09:25:40  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #16077: docs: Follow ISO/IEC 14882 terms and definitions (master...20190523-iso-parameter) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16077
 88 2019-05-23T09:25:41  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 89 2019-05-23T09:28:38  *** hebasto has quit IRC
 90 2019-05-23T09:41:11  *** icek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 91 2019-05-23T09:54:36  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 92 2019-05-23T10:21:39  *** JamesAU has quit IRC
 93 2019-05-23T10:27:28  *** ccdle12 has quit IRC
 94 2019-05-23T10:31:56  *** scoop has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 95 2019-05-23T10:36:37  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 96 2019-05-23T10:37:06  *** scoop has quit IRC
 97 2019-05-23T10:43:03  <stevenroose> Does bitcoind have an RPC that either (1) gives the xpub of the master priv (the one that dumpwallet gives) or (2) allows calculating the xpub of an xpriv?
 98 2019-05-23T10:48:57  *** rafalcpp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 99 2019-05-23T10:49:15  *** timothy has quit IRC
100 2019-05-23T10:50:13  *** Jackielove4u has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
101 2019-05-23T10:54:45  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
102 2019-05-23T10:55:40  *** spinza has quit IRC
103 2019-05-23T11:03:19  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
104 2019-05-23T11:03:51  *** ccdle12 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
105 2019-05-23T11:07:54  *** oneark has quit IRC
106 2019-05-23T11:08:48  *** ccdle12 has quit IRC
107 2019-05-23T11:09:24  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
108 2019-05-23T11:47:04  *** ccdle12 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
109 2019-05-23T11:51:17  *** promag has quit IRC
110 2019-05-23T11:53:37  *** ccdle12 has quit IRC
111 2019-05-23T11:57:41  *** icek has quit IRC
112 2019-05-23T12:00:01  *** newz2000 has quit IRC
113 2019-05-23T12:04:03  *** csslayer1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
114 2019-05-23T12:07:27  *** ccdle12 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
115 2019-05-23T12:24:37  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
116 2019-05-23T12:24:37  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] LongShao007 opened pull request #16078: replace tx hash with txid in test rawtransaction (master...pytest) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16078
117 2019-05-23T12:24:39  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
118 2019-05-23T12:35:28  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
119 2019-05-23T12:39:42  *** promag has quit IRC
120 2019-05-23T12:45:49  *** DeanWeen has quit IRC
121 2019-05-23T12:53:30  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
122 2019-05-23T13:06:34  *** Ll1i1lL has quit IRC
123 2019-05-23T13:18:13  *** promag_ has quit IRC
124 2019-05-23T13:19:04  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
125 2019-05-23T13:23:56  *** promag has quit IRC
126 2019-05-23T13:32:43  *** davterra has quit IRC
127 2019-05-23T13:33:05  *** davterra has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
128 2019-05-23T13:44:23  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
129 2019-05-23T13:45:14  *** Skirmant has quit IRC
130 2019-05-23T13:48:38  *** timothy has quit IRC
131 2019-05-23T13:49:52  *** votesmith has quit IRC
132 2019-05-23T13:50:26  *** d_t has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2019-05-23T13:52:17  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
134 2019-05-23T13:54:58  *** designwish has quit IRC
135 2019-05-23T13:54:58  *** d_t has quit IRC
136 2019-05-23T13:55:33  *** icek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
137 2019-05-23T13:58:54  *** votesmith has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2019-05-23T13:59:55  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
139 2019-05-23T14:00:29  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
140 2019-05-23T14:00:29  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
141 2019-05-23T14:03:03  *** scoop has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
142 2019-05-23T14:04:04  *** icek has quit IRC
143 2019-05-23T14:04:37  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
144 2019-05-23T14:05:37  *** designwish has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
145 2019-05-23T14:09:01  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
146 2019-05-23T14:15:37  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
147 2019-05-23T14:18:29  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
148 2019-05-23T14:21:32  <achow101> stevenroose: no
149 2019-05-23T14:22:34  <stevenroose> achow101: thanks
150 2019-05-23T14:24:58  *** ccdle12 has quit IRC
151 2019-05-23T14:25:26  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
152 2019-05-23T14:27:50  *** obsrver has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
153 2019-05-23T14:34:49  *** michaelsdunn1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
154 2019-05-23T14:34:53  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
155 2019-05-23T14:37:28  *** promag has quit IRC
156 2019-05-23T14:40:02  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
157 2019-05-23T14:40:02  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] stevenroose opened pull request #16079: wallet_balance.py: Prevent edge cases (master...wallet-balance-test) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16079
158 2019-05-23T14:40:14  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
159 2019-05-23T14:47:55  *** timothy has quit IRC
160 2019-05-23T14:51:20  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
161 2019-05-23T14:52:44  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
162 2019-05-23T14:56:56  <dongcarl> cfields: Trying to understand your fork of cctools-port... Out of the 5 commits that you made that's no upstream, they've taken care of openssl and uuid (the first 2 commits), but I'm having trouble understanding the remaining 3... Namely: 3a2152b8e4d74601d9976f75aa7c30fd2b54733f, 81589bba090b29989dee31d8f04a78d917b34589, and ee31ae567931c426136c94aad457c7b51d844beb
163 2019-05-23T14:56:59  *** mryandao has quit IRC
164 2019-05-23T14:57:22  *** mryandao has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
165 2019-05-23T15:00:01  *** csslayer1 has quit IRC
166 2019-05-23T15:02:04  *** timothy has quit IRC
167 2019-05-23T15:06:18  *** glidenote1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
168 2019-05-23T15:06:35  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
169 2019-05-23T15:12:04  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
170 2019-05-23T15:40:07  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
171 2019-05-23T15:40:07  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/12fd4bbd1ed9...b4223dd5f113
172 2019-05-23T15:40:08  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master bb41e63 Steven Roose: wallet_balance.py: Prevent edge cases
173 2019-05-23T15:40:08  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b4223dd MarcoFalke: Merge #16079: wallet_balance.py: Prevent edge cases
174 2019-05-23T15:40:10  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
175 2019-05-23T15:41:01  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
176 2019-05-23T15:41:02  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #16079: wallet_balance.py: Prevent edge cases (master...wallet-balance-test) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16079
177 2019-05-23T15:41:13  *** dviola has quit IRC
178 2019-05-23T15:41:14  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
179 2019-05-23T15:51:04  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
180 2019-05-23T15:53:19  *** setpill has quit IRC
181 2019-05-23T15:54:19  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
182 2019-05-23T15:56:25  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
183 2019-05-23T16:00:00  *** fanquake has quit IRC
184 2019-05-23T16:01:11  *** obsrver has quit IRC
185 2019-05-23T16:01:18  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
186 2019-05-23T16:02:57  *** fanquake has quit IRC
187 2019-05-23T16:05:02  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
188 2019-05-23T16:06:07  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
189 2019-05-23T16:07:12  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
190 2019-05-23T16:07:47  *** michaelsdunn1 has quit IRC
191 2019-05-23T16:12:27  *** michaelsdunn1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
192 2019-05-23T16:13:49  *** promag has quit IRC
193 2019-05-23T16:17:33  *** profmac has quit IRC
194 2019-05-23T16:19:58  *** sfhi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
195 2019-05-23T16:26:34  *** profmac has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
196 2019-05-23T16:26:46  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
197 2019-05-23T16:30:59  *** michaelsdunn1 has quit IRC
198 2019-05-23T16:32:54  *** michaelsdunn1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
199 2019-05-23T16:36:59  *** siom has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
200 2019-05-23T16:38:53  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
201 2019-05-23T16:40:29  *** timothy has quit IRC
202 2019-05-23T16:43:16  *** fanquake has quit IRC
203 2019-05-23T16:43:45  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
204 2019-05-23T16:46:11  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
205 2019-05-23T16:46:11  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/b4223dd5f113...0b058ba69d85
206 2019-05-23T16:46:11  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e23809a Chris Capobianco: [rpc] deriveaddresses: Correct descriptor checksum in RPCExamples
207 2019-05-23T16:46:12  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0b058ba MarcoFalke: Merge #16024: [rpc] deriveaddresses: Correction of descriptor checksum in ...
208 2019-05-23T16:46:25  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
209 2019-05-23T16:46:46  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
210 2019-05-23T16:46:46  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #16024: [rpc] deriveaddresses: Correction of descriptor checksum in RPC example (master...2019-05-14-deriveaddresses-example-checksum) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16024
211 2019-05-23T16:46:48  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
212 2019-05-23T16:48:09  *** promag has quit IRC
213 2019-05-23T16:51:37  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
214 2019-05-23T16:51:37  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack opened pull request #16080: build/doc: update bitcoin_config.h packages, release process (master...bitcoin_config-and-release_process-updates) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16080
215 2019-05-23T16:51:38  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
216 2019-05-23T17:05:16  *** sfhi has quit IRC
217 2019-05-23T17:08:38  *** scoop has quit IRC
218 2019-05-23T17:38:39  *** scoop has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
219 2019-05-23T17:39:02  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
220 2019-05-23T17:39:02  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 5 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/0b058ba69d85...65c4bbe629bb
221 2019-05-23T17:39:03  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master cc25885 practicalswift: Move LockAnnotation from threadsafety.h (imported code) to sync.h (our cod...
222 2019-05-23T17:39:03  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3a80944 practicalswift: Move LockAnnotation to make it reflect the truth
223 2019-05-23T17:39:04  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master de9b5db practicalswift: Make sure the compile-time locking promises given via LockAnnotation:s hol...
224 2019-05-23T17:39:05  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
225 2019-05-23T17:39:52  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
226 2019-05-23T17:39:52  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #16034: refactoring: Rename LockAnnotation to LockAssertion and add run-time check to it  (master...make-sure-LockAnnotation-promises-are-truthful) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16034
227 2019-05-23T17:40:04  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
228 2019-05-23T17:43:40  *** hebasto has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
229 2019-05-23T17:56:07  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
230 2019-05-23T17:59:13  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
231 2019-05-23T17:59:17  *** ExEric3 has quit IRC
232 2019-05-23T18:00:02  *** glidenote1 has quit IRC
233 2019-05-23T18:03:29  *** promag has quit IRC
234 2019-05-23T18:03:44  *** promag_ has quit IRC
235 2019-05-23T18:03:44  *** scoop has quit IRC
236 2019-05-23T18:04:46  *** ExEric3 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
237 2019-05-23T18:06:31  *** scoop has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
238 2019-05-23T18:07:53  *** scoop has quit IRC
239 2019-05-23T18:07:59  *** scoop has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
240 2019-05-23T18:11:38  *** scoop has quit IRC
241 2019-05-23T18:12:41  *** scoop has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
242 2019-05-23T18:19:40  *** nirik-fre has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
243 2019-05-23T18:27:35  *** hebasto has quit IRC
244 2019-05-23T18:34:50  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
245 2019-05-23T18:34:50  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake reopened pull request #13442: Convert the 1-way SSE4 SHA256 code from asm to intrinsics (master...201806_sse4intrin) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13442
246 2019-05-23T18:34:55  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
247 2019-05-23T18:45:33  *** ExEric3 has quit IRC
248 2019-05-23T18:46:26  *** ExEric3 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
249 2019-05-23T18:51:17  *** gmaxwell has quit IRC
250 2019-05-23T18:51:49  *** gmaxwell has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
251 2019-05-23T18:52:12  *** gmaxwell is now known as Guest58856
252 2019-05-23T18:53:22  *** ExEric3 has quit IRC
253 2019-05-23T18:54:08  *** ExEric3 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
254 2019-05-23T18:55:51  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
255 2019-05-23T18:56:55  *** nkohen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
256 2019-05-23T18:59:56  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
257 2019-05-23T19:00:30  <wumpus> #startmeeting
258 2019-05-23T19:00:30  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu May 23 19:00:30 2019 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
259 2019-05-23T19:00:30  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
260 2019-05-23T19:00:41  <sipa> ohai
261 2019-05-23T19:00:50  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball kvaciral
262 2019-05-23T19:00:58  <achow101> hi
263 2019-05-23T19:01:01  <promag> hi
264 2019-05-23T19:01:05  <fanquake> Hi
265 2019-05-23T19:01:08  <achow101> only here for 30 min or so (if the meeting even goes that long)
266 2019-05-23T19:01:15  <meshcollider> hi
267 2019-05-23T19:01:15  <jamesob> hi
268 2019-05-23T19:01:47  <gwillen> hi
269 2019-05-23T19:01:49  <wumpus> proposed topics? (none on moneyball 's list)
270 2019-05-23T19:02:10  <phantomcircuit> hi
271 2019-05-23T19:02:26  *** Kvaciral has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
272 2019-05-23T19:02:38  <jonasschnelli> hi
273 2019-05-23T19:02:46  <Chris_Stewart_5> hello
274 2019-05-23T19:03:03  <wumpus> hello
275 2019-05-23T19:03:23  <wumpus> #topic High priority for review
276 2019-05-23T19:03:32  <wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8
277 2019-05-23T19:04:16  <wumpus> current PRs: #15427 #15741 #15759 #15024 #15649
278 2019-05-23T19:04:20  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15427 | Add support for descriptors to utxoupdatepsbt by sipa · Pull Request #15427 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
279 2019-05-23T19:04:21  <moneyball> hi
280 2019-05-23T19:04:23  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15741 | Batch write imported stuff in importmulti by achow101 · Pull Request #15741 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
281 2019-05-23T19:04:26  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15759 | [p2p] Add 2 outbound blocks-only connections by sdaftuar · Pull Request #15759 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
282 2019-05-23T19:04:27  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15024 | Allow specific private keys to be derived from descriptor by meshcollider · Pull Request #15024 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
283 2019-05-23T19:04:30  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15649 | Add ChaCha20Poly1305@Bitcoin AEAD by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #15649 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
284 2019-05-23T19:04:36  <kanzure> hi
285 2019-05-23T19:04:37  <jamesob> can I ask that #15976 be added? it's prone to rebase conflicts and pretty close to ack-threshold for merge (I think)
286 2019-05-23T19:04:44  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15976 | refactor: move methods under CChainState (pt. 1) by jamesob · Pull Request #15976 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
287 2019-05-23T19:04:54  <jamesob> (and blocks the assumeutxo project)
288 2019-05-23T19:04:55  <wumpus> jamesob: of course
289 2019-05-23T19:05:05  *** scoop has quit IRC
290 2019-05-23T19:05:13  <jamesob> wumpus: thanks
291 2019-05-23T19:05:16  <fanquake> done
292 2019-05-23T19:05:20  <dongcarl> Could we add #16059? Small but without it linux gitian builds are broken right now
293 2019-05-23T19:05:22  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16059 | configure: Fix thread_local detection by dongcarl · Pull Request #16059 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
294 2019-05-23T19:06:02  <wumpus> dongcarl: sure
295 2019-05-23T19:06:17  <wumpus> fanquake: thanks
296 2019-05-23T19:06:18  <jnewbery> hi
297 2019-05-23T19:06:26  <fanquake> I think that can be merged quite soon. I'm testing it at the moment.
298 2019-05-23T19:06:37  <fanquake> Have added to high prio.
299 2019-05-23T19:06:40  <dongcarl> thank you
300 2019-05-23T19:06:45  <wumpus> why are we using thread_local again btw?
301 2019-05-23T19:06:55  <jamesob> for thread names
302 2019-05-23T19:06:56  <wumpus> I thought that was removed at some point
303 2019-05-23T19:07:12  <jamesob> cory and I came up with a way to do without at some point but it was pretty convoluted
304 2019-05-23T19:08:19  <fanquake> It's also linux and openbsd? only atm. Broken on win, freebsd and we can't use it on macOS until we are using a newer sdk.
305 2019-05-23T19:08:34  <wumpus> doesn't pthread have a way to keep track of thread names?
306 2019-05-23T19:09:13  <wumpus> I thought that was how we did that, anyway
307 2019-05-23T19:09:17  <jonasschnelli> fanquake: you mean SDK for the depends build?
308 2019-05-23T19:09:21  <wumpus> that'll also show up in top and such
309 2019-05-23T19:09:28  <jamesob> there's some posix key-value store API we were using with the pthreads id to avoid thread_local, but it ended up being a lot of code IIRC
310 2019-05-23T19:09:49  <wumpus> pthread_setname or such
311 2019-05-23T19:10:11  <wumpus> pthread_getname_np
312 2019-05-23T19:10:16  <fanquake> jonasschnelli yes. Although now I think about it, we are building against 10.11 which I think means we can use it. Have to double check.
313 2019-05-23T19:10:40  <jonasschnelli> Also since this is nice for debugging, the depends build matters not too much
314 2019-05-23T19:11:23  <sipa> wumpus: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/src/util/threadnames.cpp
315 2019-05-23T19:11:56  <wumpus> do we have a whole util to keep track of thread names? wow
316 2019-05-23T19:11:57  <ryanofsky> #16059 is a straightforward fix, simpler than rewriting thread names imo...
317 2019-05-23T19:12:00  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16059 | configure: Fix thread_local detection by dongcarl · Pull Request #16059 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
318 2019-05-23T19:12:11  <jamesob> ryanofsky: agree
319 2019-05-23T19:12:26  <wumpus> I had no idea it was such a big issue, anyhow, any other topics?
320 2019-05-23T19:12:40  * luke-jr for one finds thread names useful sometimes
321 2019-05-23T19:12:47  <jamesob> we avoided doing pthread_getname because there are supposedly implementation problems (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2369738/how-to-set-the-name-of-a-thread-in-linux-pthreads/7989973#7989973). see also the notes at the bottom of this PR description: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13099
322 2019-05-23T19:12:48  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/7989973 | HTTP Error 404: Not Found
323 2019-05-23T19:14:17  <wumpus> jamesob:thanks
324 2019-05-23T19:14:37  *** sfhi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
325 2019-05-23T19:15:36  <meshcollider> Not a topic, but I won't be able to attend tomorrows wallet meeting so could someone please volunteer to host it?
326 2019-05-23T19:15:54  <wumpus> anyonw?
327 2019-05-23T19:15:57  <sipa> i'll be here, if there's interest
328 2019-05-23T19:16:10  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
329 2019-05-23T19:16:15  <fanquake> Maybe #15993 for a topic? Has been through a few iterations but seems to be more ready now?
330 2019-05-23T19:16:17  <jnewbery> I'll be there
331 2019-05-23T19:16:18  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15993 | net: Drop support of the insecure miniUPnPc versions by hebasto · Pull Request #15993 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
332 2019-05-23T19:16:39  <wumpus> fanquake:I think that should just be merged?
333 2019-05-23T19:16:49  <wumpus> fanquake: is there anything to discuss about it?
334 2019-05-23T19:17:26  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
335 2019-05-23T19:17:26  <luke-jr> did configure finally get updated?
336 2019-05-23T19:17:38  <luke-jr> not that I see..
337 2019-05-23T19:17:48  <wumpus> I don't know...
338 2019-05-23T19:17:51  <MarcoFalke> Seems like it is just shuffling things around and not actually dropping support
339 2019-05-23T19:17:59  <fanquake> wumpus I haven't tested any of the changes, just seemed there was discussion about which versions to drop support for, and wether other versions had actually been patched.
340 2019-05-23T19:18:20  <wumpus> it's dropping support for <10, which is fine, the only thing controversial was <14
341 2019-05-23T19:18:21  <luke-jr> looks like it would detect older miniupnpc libraries, then fail to compile
342 2019-05-23T19:18:36  <wumpus> because that's still in debian table
343 2019-05-23T19:18:38  <wumpus> stable
344 2019-05-23T19:19:30  <fanquake> ok.
345 2019-05-23T19:19:42  <fanquake> One other topic is suggestions for 0.18.1 backporting that aren't already in #16035
346 2019-05-23T19:19:44  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16035 | 0.18.1: Backports by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #16035 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
347 2019-05-23T19:19:46  * wumpus would prefer to drop support for miniUPnP completely but, don't feel like having that discussion
348 2019-05-23T19:20:00  <wumpus> #topic backport suggestions for 0.18.1
349 2019-05-23T19:21:23  <wumpus> anything?
350 2019-05-23T19:21:47  <promag> maybe #14984?
351 2019-05-23T19:21:49  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14984 | rpc: Speedup getrawmempool when verbose=true by promag · Pull Request #14984 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
352 2019-05-23T19:22:17  <wumpus> it's not really a bugfix
353 2019-05-23T19:22:19  <MarcoFalke> It is not strictly a bugfix.
354 2019-05-23T19:22:22  <fanquake> Apparently that isn't actually a clean backport, and maybe not worth it if it's just perfomance gain.
355 2019-05-23T19:22:23  <wumpus> unless performance is *really* horrible right now
356 2019-05-23T19:22:52  <MarcoFalke> Only when the mempool is large ;)
357 2019-05-23T19:22:53  <wumpus> if it's non-trivial to backport too then better not to, I think
358 2019-05-23T19:23:15  <promag> right, large mempool, about 30% faster
359 2019-05-23T19:23:27  <promag> no problem, just asked
360 2019-05-23T19:23:38  <wumpus> no problem, thanks for suggesting something
361 2019-05-23T19:24:14  <MarcoFalke> I am mostly waiting on those to get merged: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/milestone/41
362 2019-05-23T19:24:28  <wumpus> are we planning on doing a 0.18.1 soon btw?
363 2019-05-23T19:24:38  <wumpus> I mean, is there anything motivating it?
364 2019-05-23T19:24:40  *** Guest58856 has quit IRC
365 2019-05-23T19:24:41  *** Guest58856 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
366 2019-05-23T19:25:10  <MarcoFalke> nothing urgent, no
367 2019-05-23T19:25:11  <promag> ops, forgot about #15453
368 2019-05-23T19:25:12  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15453 | Starting bitcoin-qt with -nowallet and then opening a wallet does not show the wallet · Issue #15453 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
369 2019-05-23T19:25:46  <fanquake> A couple of bug fixes for potentially confusing behaviour, like #15952, but nothing catastrophic
370 2019-05-23T19:25:48  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15952 | Cant open wallet · Issue #15952 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
371 2019-05-23T19:25:49  <MarcoFalke> oh, maybe the gcc compile bug?
372 2019-05-23T19:26:05  <wumpus> MarcoFalke:yes maybe that
373 2019-05-23T19:26:13  <MarcoFalke> But it seemed to only affect the tests, so ... flip a coin?
374 2019-05-23T19:26:16  <wumpus> would be good to have that out of the way
375 2019-05-23T19:26:23  <wumpus> we don't *know*
376 2019-05-23T19:26:36  <MarcoFalke> jup
377 2019-05-23T19:26:39  <fanquake> #15983
378 2019-05-23T19:26:41  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15983 | build with -fstack-reuse=none by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #15983 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
379 2019-05-23T19:27:25  <fanquake> Maybe wait another week or two then, assuming outstanding PRs are merged, cut an rc1 ?
380 2019-05-23T19:27:33  <wumpus> that definitely needs backport to 0.18
381 2019-05-23T19:27:46  *** brianhoffman has quit IRC
382 2019-05-23T19:27:55  <MarcoFalke> It is the first thing in #16035
383 2019-05-23T19:27:57  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16035 | 0.18.1: Backports by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #16035 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
384 2019-05-23T19:27:59  <wumpus> it's labeled for 0.17.2 but that's not very likely  to happen
385 2019-05-23T19:28:01  <wumpus> oh okay
386 2019-05-23T19:28:04  <sipa> has anyone done general benchmarks to see the affect of -fstack-reuse=none ?
387 2019-05-23T19:28:10  <fanquake> jamesob
388 2019-05-23T19:28:32  <fanquake> sipa https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15983#issuecomment-490700321
389 2019-05-23T19:28:34  <jamesob> I tried but I don't think I was doing it right
390 2019-05-23T19:28:35  <MarcoFalke> sipa: We couldn't find any significant changes on our hardware
391 2019-05-23T19:28:46  <wumpus> I doubt it affects performance at all
392 2019-05-23T19:28:47  <sipa> MarcoFalke: that's not surprising, but good to confirm
393 2019-05-23T19:28:48  *** Guest58856 is now known as gmaxwell
394 2019-05-23T19:28:48  <wumpus> just stack use
395 2019-05-23T19:29:48  <gmaxwell> My only concern was that it would break some other performance optimization, sounds like it doesn't.
396 2019-05-23T19:30:00  <wumpus> anyhow, upgrade to a compiler that doesn't have the bug (when there's one)
397 2019-05-23T19:30:10  <wumpus> performance loss is preferable to random unpredictable corruption
398 2019-05-23T19:30:22  <wumpus> certainly for something like bitcoin
399 2019-05-23T19:30:29  <MarcoFalke> right
400 2019-05-23T19:31:24  <wumpus> (I mean it's obviously different if say, validation becomes two times as slow or something extreme like that, but we'd have noticed)
401 2019-05-23T19:31:28  <gmaxwell> if the performance loss were truly significant though, we might want to look for other alternative workarounds, good that we don't need to.
402 2019-05-23T19:31:34  <wumpus> of course
403 2019-05-23T19:31:56  <sipa> agree
404 2019-05-23T19:32:01  <wumpus> any other topics?
405 2019-05-23T19:32:45  <promag> is this worth it? https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16065#issuecomment-494853746
406 2019-05-23T19:33:54  <wumpus> avoiding hashing is always the best sha256 optimization :)
407 2019-05-23T19:34:34  <jonasschnelli> ;-)
408 2019-05-23T19:34:43  <wumpus> (but if it's worth it depends on what slice of the total the 2.44s is, if it's on the whole initial sync it's neglible)
409 2019-05-23T19:35:05  <fanquake> If anyone can reproduce #16027 that might be handy. Has come up a couple times now.
410 2019-05-23T19:35:06  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16027 | client 0.18.0 crashes when computer wakes up from hibernation · Issue #16027 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
411 2019-05-23T19:35:14  <MarcoFalke> Yeah, sync is ~hours, so a second doesn't matter at all
412 2019-05-23T19:35:28  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: right
413 2019-05-23T19:35:29  <promag> wumpus: right, agree at the moment saving a couple of seconds isn't worth it
414 2019-05-23T19:35:31  <gmaxwell> that sounds like it maybe more more relevant to propagation at the tip.
415 2019-05-23T19:35:46  <wumpus> and that's within the measuring noise isn't it?
416 2019-05-23T19:36:06  <gmaxwell> e.g. time from getting a block to sending the first non-HB peer.
417 2019-05-23T19:36:31  <wumpus> gmaxwell: yes, that latency would be useful to measure
418 2019-05-23T19:36:41  <wumpus> if it makes a significant difference there then it could still be worth it
419 2019-05-23T19:36:48  <gmaxwell> the fact that we're rehashing in general suggests we've got something kinda wrong, layout wise.
420 2019-05-23T19:36:55  <wumpus> true
421 2019-05-23T19:37:27  <promag> ok, I'll keep doing those profiles
422 2019-05-23T19:37:40  <MarcoFalke> Could just cache the hash in the data structure?
423 2019-05-23T19:37:40  <wumpus> depends also on how much more complicated it makes the code, or whether it increases memory use, etc
424 2019-05-23T19:37:58  <wumpus> how much it increases memory use, of course caching increases memory use
425 2019-05-23T19:38:03  * MarcoFalke ducks
426 2019-05-23T19:38:07  <sipa> jamesob: mr profiling... do we have any way to generally benchmark block-propagation-speed-at-synced-tip ?
427 2019-05-23T19:38:39  <jamesob> mmm short of parsing verbose debug.log, I don't think so. not built into bitcoinperf yet, at any rate :)
428 2019-05-23T19:38:41  <promag> MarcoFalke: the hash is only necessary while processing/validating
429 2019-05-23T19:39:07  <sipa> jamesob: i think it would be very valuable to have; especially for scenarios where the block's transactions have already been validated in the mempool
430 2019-05-23T19:39:25  <sipa> as there are very relevant performance improvements there that'd generally be dwarfed by script validation
431 2019-05-23T19:39:41  <MarcoFalke> sipa: Would that require two nodes?
432 2019-05-23T19:39:53  <MarcoFalke> or are you talking about a micro benchmark
433 2019-05-23T19:39:56  <jamesob> sipa: yeah, agree that's a metric worth tracking
434 2019-05-23T19:40:05  <jamesob> happy to build something for it
435 2019-05-23T19:40:22  <sipa> perhaps we should do some brainstorming about that, but maybe outside the meeting
436 2019-05-23T19:40:22  <wumpus> jamesob: cool!
437 2019-05-23T19:40:46  <fanquake> If anyone is interested in guix building, dongcarl has been doing a lot of work in #15277. Would be good to get some more builds to compare hashes with.
438 2019-05-23T19:40:48  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15277 | [Help Wanted] contrib: Enable building in Guix containers by dongcarl · Pull Request #15277 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
439 2019-05-23T19:41:00  <MarcoFalke> sipa: If it is for bitcoinperf: https://github.com/chaincodelabs/bitcoinperf/issues
440 2019-05-23T19:41:03  <gmaxwell> sipa: there are tests in bitcoinfibre.
441 2019-05-23T19:41:07  <wumpus> fanquake: if there's clear instructions to test, I'm happy to try
442 2019-05-23T19:41:16  <promag> ah btw, one thing that takes a while is base_uint<BITS>& base_uint<BITS>::operator>>=(unsigned int shift)
443 2019-05-23T19:41:37  <dongcarl> wumpus: I'll update and link you
444 2019-05-23T19:41:44  <wumpus> dongcarl: great !
445 2019-05-23T19:41:46  <sipa> promag: inside the division logic for retargetting that's expected
446 2019-05-23T19:41:51  <sipa> most of the time is in shifts
447 2019-05-23T19:42:14  <gmaxwell> MarcoFalke: The logical place to cache hashes in block objects themselves, doing so there is irrelevant memory use wise (32 bytes in a 1.2MB object), but complicates constness.
448 2019-05-23T19:42:48  <fanquake> I have a setup/container guide for a quick Guix setup here as well: https://github.com/fanquake/core-review/tree/master/guix
449 2019-05-23T19:43:03  <gmaxwell> promag: if thats actually taking a non-trivial amount of some real usecase, the division could be made faster... it uses a fairly naieve algorithim right now.
450 2019-05-23T19:43:05  <wumpus> agree it's irrelevant on block objects, it's mostly CBlockIndex where it counts because so many of them are permanently in memory
451 2019-05-23T19:43:11  *** sfhi2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
452 2019-05-23T19:43:28  <jamesob> fanquake: cool!
453 2019-05-23T19:44:08  <wumpus> fanquake:nice
454 2019-05-23T19:45:32  <wumpus> any other topics?
455 2019-05-23T19:46:33  *** sfhi has quit IRC
456 2019-05-23T19:47:00  <wumpus> #endmeeting
457 2019-05-23T19:47:00  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu May 23 19:47:00 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
458 2019-05-23T19:47:00  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-05-23-19.00.html
459 2019-05-23T19:47:00  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-05-23-19.00.txt
460 2019-05-23T19:47:00  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-05-23-19.00.log.html
461 2019-05-23T19:47:34  <jamesob> gmaxwell: were those fibre tests you mentioned in the microbench or somewhere else?
462 2019-05-23T19:48:51  <gmaxwell> microbench, IIRC
463 2019-05-23T19:49:05  <gmaxwell> BlueMatt: I summon thee
464 2019-05-23T19:49:33  <BlueMatt> hmm
465 2019-05-23T19:50:06  <luke-jr> is it just me, or did gmaxwell's nick change colour?
466 2019-05-23T19:50:18  <BlueMatt> gmaxwell: note that CBlock const-ness is already fucked (yay CheckBlock), not to say we should make it worse, though
467 2019-05-23T19:50:19  <kanzure> btw, i'm still seeking submissions for topics for upcoming physical meetup.
468 2019-05-23T19:50:21  <promag> gmaxwell: effective
469 2019-05-23T19:51:32  <jamesob> BlueMatt gmaxwell: this thing? https://github.com/bitcoinfibre/bitcoinfibre/commit/a04d57208e09c21d241dc880dffa8eb4efbda1e5
470 2019-05-23T19:52:16  <BlueMatt> whats the question?
471 2019-05-23T19:53:07  <gmaxwell> BlueMatt: 12:38:07 < sipa> jamesob: mr profiling... do we have any way to generally benchmark block-propagation-speed-at-synced-tip ?
472 2019-05-23T19:53:12  <gmaxwell> 12:41:03 < gmaxwell> sipa: there are tests in bitcoinfibre.
473 2019-05-23T19:53:38  <gmaxwell> basically promag has an optimization that avoids rehashing the whole block when accepting it.
474 2019-05-23T19:53:53  <gmaxwell> her rehashing the header perhaps actually.
475 2019-05-23T19:53:54  <promag> gmaxwell: no the block
476 2019-05-23T19:54:04  <promag> yap, the blockheader
477 2019-05-23T19:54:05  <BlueMatt> when do we hash the block?
478 2019-05-23T19:54:09  <BlueMatt> yea, blockheader, ok
479 2019-05-23T19:54:27  <BlueMatt> there was a patch like 5 years ago that removed most of the duplicate hashes in acceptance path
480 2019-05-23T19:54:29  <BlueMatt> how many are left?
481 2019-05-23T19:54:33  <promag> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16065#issuecomment-494853746
482 2019-05-23T19:54:36  <gmaxwell> header yea, so question is it worthwhile? obviously not against IBD, but maybe at tip relay for non-hb peers.
483 2019-05-23T19:56:13  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
484 2019-05-23T19:56:14  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/65c4bbe629bb...fe47ae168b57
485 2019-05-23T19:56:15  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3ee28c5 Jon Atack: build: bump bitcoin_config.h packages to v0.18
486 2019-05-23T19:56:16  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8afca32 Jon Atack: doc: add bitcoin_config.h PACKAGE updates to release process
487 2019-05-23T19:56:17  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fe47ae1 MarcoFalke: Merge #16080: build/doc: update bitcoin_config.h packages, release process...
488 2019-05-23T19:56:18  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
489 2019-05-23T19:56:44  <BlueMatt> hmm, only things I have that would test this is looking at debug.log (which I have scripts that do, but its fibre-specific)
490 2019-05-23T19:57:00  <gmaxwell> BlueMatt: I thought one of your fibre unit tests tested accepting a block.
491 2019-05-23T19:57:09  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
492 2019-05-23T19:57:10  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #16080: build/doc: update bitcoin_config.h packages, release process (master...bitcoin_config-and-release_process-updates) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16080
493 2019-05-23T19:57:22  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
494 2019-05-23T19:57:22  <BlueMatt> they do not, I believe
495 2019-05-23T19:57:38  <BlueMatt> they do test the equivalent of getting a block in via fibre and converting it to a CBlock for acceptance
496 2019-05-23T19:57:40  <BlueMatt> but nothing further
497 2019-05-23T19:58:28  <gmaxwell> ah, okay, my mistake then.
498 2019-05-23T19:59:49  <jamesob> so if we were to bench acceptance-at-tip, would it make sense to have different fixtures for HB vs. LB?
499 2019-05-23T20:00:46  <gmaxwell> Yes. Both figures are important and they're radically different.
500 2019-05-23T20:01:14  <gmaxwell> Because HB relay happens before EVERYTHING, including validation.
501 2019-05-23T20:01:32  <gmaxwell> (okay maybe my everything was still to uppercase)
502 2019-05-23T20:01:42  <gmaxwell> too*
503 2019-05-23T20:02:46  <jamesob> hm, in net_processing:SendMessages?
504 2019-05-23T20:04:24  <jamesob> https://github.com/jamesob/bitcoin/blob/b2a6b0216192b6e8428f1a80b47f5178fccb961a/src/net_processing.cpp#L3587-L3590
505 2019-05-23T20:08:59  <gmaxwell> when I'm benchmarking I'm normally looking at logs with microsecond time on for the difference between these lines:
506 2019-05-23T20:09:00  <gmaxwell> 2019-05-23T20:07:22.551652Z received: cmpctblock (16841 bytes) peer=1
507 2019-05-23T20:09:09  <gmaxwell> 2019-05-23T20:07:22.571894Z sending cmpctblock (16841 bytes) peer=5
508 2019-05-23T20:09:39  <gmaxwell> 2019-05-23T20:07:22.654285Z SendMessages: sending header 00000000000000000013886cc5bfa15d88db56f024a66b92f4b10ecf46922ff5 to peer=2
509 2019-05-23T20:10:25  <gmaxwell> The first is getting the cmpct block, the second is sending the first HB block, and the third is the first non-HB announcement.
510 2019-05-23T20:11:09  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
511 2019-05-23T20:12:07  <jamesob> gmaxwell: ah okay, that helps
512 2019-05-23T20:12:58  <gmaxwell> it might be interesting to setup a little stats datastructure that you can get at with an RPC.
513 2019-05-23T20:14:22  <gmaxwell> That keeps a couple relevant times --- like the above two deltas for the last block, and maybe a couple EWMA averages of them.  Then the python test framework could be used to do some benchmarking without relying on log parsing (which we break with frustrating frequency)
514 2019-05-23T20:14:56  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
515 2019-05-23T20:16:08  <gmaxwell> one thing to keep in mind is that cmpctblock is only the relevant start point when there are no missing txn, otherwise the blocktxn message is.
516 2019-05-23T20:16:59  <gmaxwell> (if you measure cmpct->cmpct when there are missing txn, you'll include the response time of the peer and network latency-- which is itself also very interesting but perhaps doesn't make for a clean test :) )
517 2019-05-23T20:21:07  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
518 2019-05-23T20:26:40  *** dviola has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
519 2019-05-23T20:30:32  *** ExEric3 has quit IRC
520 2019-05-23T20:31:18  *** ExEric3 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
521 2019-05-23T20:39:45  <jamesob> gmaxwell: thanks for the pointers. I was actually about to start working on a bitcoind log parsing lib, but the RPC idea's interesting too. I wonder if maintaining some of those stats datastructures under an #if defined(DEBUG) wouldn't be too invasive
522 2019-05-23T20:40:20  <jamesob> err probably not DEBUG; we might want a separate configure flag I guess
523 2019-05-23T20:46:40  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
524 2019-05-23T20:54:09  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
525 2019-05-23T20:55:00  *** d_t has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
526 2019-05-23T20:58:50  <gmaxwell> Ifdefs are kind of invasive, I don't think some operational stats would be bad to have at runtime regardless.
527 2019-05-23T21:00:02  *** nirik-fre has quit IRC
528 2019-05-23T21:08:07  *** nkohen has quit IRC
529 2019-05-23T21:18:05  *** bpalmer has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
530 2019-05-23T21:26:20  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
531 2019-05-23T21:29:40  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
532 2019-05-23T21:31:12  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
533 2019-05-23T21:34:58  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
534 2019-05-23T21:38:40  *** Aaronvan_ has quit IRC
535 2019-05-23T21:42:06  *** spinza has quit IRC
536 2019-05-23T21:43:35  *** d_t has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
537 2019-05-23T21:43:35  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
538 2019-05-23T21:46:10  *** sfhi2 has quit IRC
539 2019-05-23T21:49:02  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
540 2019-05-23T21:49:47  *** spaced0ut has quit IRC
541 2019-05-23T22:07:41  *** d_t has quit IRC
542 2019-05-23T22:09:22  *** michaelsdunn1 has quit IRC
543 2019-05-23T22:10:14  *** promag has quit IRC
544 2019-05-23T22:13:25  *** fanquake has quit IRC
545 2019-05-23T22:37:50  *** siom has quit IRC
546 2019-05-23T22:41:58  *** spinza has quit IRC
547 2019-05-23T22:46:54  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
548 2019-05-23T22:56:12  *** d_t has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
549 2019-05-23T23:01:54  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
550 2019-05-23T23:04:36  *** ccdle12 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
551 2019-05-23T23:15:34  *** jtimon has quit IRC
552 2019-05-23T23:31:03  *** Zenton has quit IRC
553 2019-05-23T23:48:52  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
554 2019-05-23T23:51:23  *** fanquake has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
555 2019-05-23T23:52:51  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
556 2019-05-23T23:57:20  *** promag has quit IRC