1 2019-08-15T00:00:01  *** dhart has quit IRC
  2 2019-08-15T00:01:02  *** hanhua has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  3 2019-08-15T00:04:18  *** profmac has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  4 2019-08-15T00:04:40  <fanquake> I think this is one of the most explicit "help me create an altcoin" issues we've ever had: #16616
  5 2019-08-15T00:04:42  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16616 | Technical Issue : rename command ..It is recognized as a file. · Issue #16616 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
  6 2019-08-15T00:04:51  *** manuel has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  7 2019-08-15T00:09:24  *** Deacyde has quit IRC
  8 2019-08-15T00:24:26  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  9 2019-08-15T00:24:27  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/f418c3379cba...8516285d2ea4
 10 2019-08-15T00:24:27  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 36f7697 Chuf: doc: Fix typos in COPYRIGHT
 11 2019-08-15T00:24:28  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8516285 fanquake: Merge #16615: doc: Fix typos in COPYRIGHT
 12 2019-08-15T00:24:32  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 13 2019-08-15T00:25:31  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 14 2019-08-15T00:25:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #16615: doc: Fix typos in COPYRIGHT (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16615
 15 2019-08-15T00:25:32  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 16 2019-08-15T00:25:45  <promag> fanquake: github could do that when someone forks the project -> it could ask for altcoin name and then it would rename everything
 17 2019-08-15T00:39:25  *** nosss2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 18 2019-08-15T00:39:47  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
 19 2019-08-15T00:41:38  <sipa> promag: coingen :)
 20 2019-08-15T00:43:48  *** nosss2 has quit IRC
 21 2019-08-15T00:45:43  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 22 2019-08-15T00:47:43  <promag> sipa: ah that's a thing already
 23 2019-08-15T00:48:11  <promag> err, fucking libevent
 24 2019-08-15T00:48:49  <sipa> i think it died in 2014
 25 2019-08-15T00:49:14  <promag> `nc localhost 18443` doesn't trigger any callback
 26 2019-08-15T00:49:43  <promag> only if a http request goes through
 27 2019-08-15T00:50:03  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 28 2019-08-15T00:50:12  *** bralyclow has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 29 2019-08-15T00:50:34  <sipa> promag: there's also forkgen
 30 2019-08-15T00:50:50  <sipa> oh, that died too
 31 2019-08-15T00:51:59  <promag> lol "and the world is kind of sort of back to normal."
 32 2019-08-15T01:02:00  <promag> quoting satoshilite from bitcoincore slack:@fanquake you should point him to https://build-a-co.in/ :)
 33 2019-08-15T01:07:20  <sipa> based on litecoin 0.8.5.1, lol
 34 2019-08-15T01:09:02  <esotericnonsense> lol, that's great (16616). could only be improved slightly if it were an s/bit/something-else. wonder how many important instances of 'bit' are in the code. :P
 35 2019-08-15T01:12:29  *** hanhua has quit IRC
 36 2019-08-15T01:12:38  *** nosss2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 37 2019-08-15T01:16:33  *** joe_land1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 38 2019-08-15T01:17:39  <phantomcircuit> promag, i assume you're using the libevent http stuff and not the socket handling stuff?
 39 2019-08-15T01:18:00  <promag> phantomcircuit: right
 40 2019-08-15T01:19:29  <promag> phantomcircuit: are you suggesting to create a read event on evhttp_bound_socket_get_fd?
 41 2019-08-15T01:21:32  *** tryphe has quit IRC
 42 2019-08-15T01:21:39  *** joe_land1 has quit IRC
 43 2019-08-15T01:21:57  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 44 2019-08-15T01:26:19  *** joe_land1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 45 2019-08-15T01:28:14  *** elichai2 has quit IRC
 46 2019-08-15T01:29:00  *** dgenr8 has quit IRC
 47 2019-08-15T01:30:10  *** promag has quit IRC
 48 2019-08-15T01:34:34  *** lightlike has quit IRC
 49 2019-08-15T01:49:09  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 50 2019-08-15T02:03:37  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 51 2019-08-15T02:03:38  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #16617: [0.18.2] Backports (0.18...0_18_2_backports) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16617
 52 2019-08-15T02:03:39  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 53 2019-08-15T02:08:02  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
 54 2019-08-15T02:09:07  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 55 2019-08-15T02:11:55  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 56 2019-08-15T02:30:39  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 57 2019-08-15T02:43:37  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 58 2019-08-15T02:43:38  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #16541: qt: Add better icon for Open URI (master...2019-08-qt-update-open-uri-icon) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16541
 59 2019-08-15T02:43:39  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 60 2019-08-15T02:44:58  *** millerti has quit IRC
 61 2019-08-15T02:47:50  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
 62 2019-08-15T02:57:12  *** Eagle[TM] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 63 2019-08-15T02:57:32  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
 64 2019-08-15T02:57:53  *** Dean_Guss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 65 2019-08-15T03:00:02  *** manuel has quit IRC
 66 2019-08-15T03:02:52  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 67 2019-08-15T03:03:57  *** clintbellanger has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 68 2019-08-15T03:21:59  *** CubicEarth has quit IRC
 69 2019-08-15T03:23:12  *** CubicEarth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 70 2019-08-15T03:33:08  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 71 2019-08-15T03:40:05  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 72 2019-08-15T03:41:10  *** Eagle[TM] has quit IRC
 73 2019-08-15T03:45:40  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 74 2019-08-15T03:47:46  *** bralyclow01 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 75 2019-08-15T03:48:30  *** bralyclo_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 76 2019-08-15T03:50:45  *** bralyclo_ has quit IRC
 77 2019-08-15T03:51:06  *** bralyclo_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 78 2019-08-15T03:51:17  *** bralyclow has quit IRC
 79 2019-08-15T03:52:01  *** bralyclow01 has quit IRC
 80 2019-08-15T04:14:51  *** hebasto has quit IRC
 81 2019-08-15T04:24:37  *** dgenr8 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 82 2019-08-15T04:37:01  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
 83 2019-08-15T04:40:58  *** peleion has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 84 2019-08-15T04:42:07  *** bralyclo_ has quit IRC
 85 2019-08-15T04:46:04  *** bralyclow has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 86 2019-08-15T04:46:24  *** bralyclow has quit IRC
 87 2019-08-15T04:48:43  *** davex_ has quit IRC
 88 2019-08-15T04:48:58  *** davex_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 89 2019-08-15T04:49:12  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 90 2019-08-15T04:54:26  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 91 2019-08-15T05:08:46  *** jeremyrubin has quit IRC
 92 2019-08-15T05:08:51  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
 93 2019-08-15T05:09:06  *** jeremyrubin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 94 2019-08-15T05:28:48  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 95 2019-08-15T06:00:01  *** clintbellanger has quit IRC
 96 2019-08-15T06:19:00  *** pleia21 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 97 2019-08-15T06:19:31  *** fox2p_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 98 2019-08-15T06:19:41  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
 99 2019-08-15T06:20:19  *** fox2p has quit IRC
100 2019-08-15T06:22:52  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
101 2019-08-15T06:39:03  *** Dean_Guss has quit IRC
102 2019-08-15T06:39:17  *** Dean_Guss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
103 2019-08-15T06:41:20  <kallewoof> luke-jr: splitting out sounds sensible to me
104 2019-08-15T06:46:21  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
105 2019-08-15T06:55:59  *** Dean_Guss has quit IRC
106 2019-08-15T06:56:26  *** Dean_Guss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
107 2019-08-15T06:57:22  <fanquake> Apparently I cannot get the GUI to run at more than 10 FPS.
108 2019-08-15T06:59:35  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
109 2019-08-15T07:03:59  <wumpus> fanquake: have you tried enabling hardware acceleration :-)
110 2019-08-15T07:09:58  *** TheRec has quit IRC
111 2019-08-15T07:11:48  <fanquake> wumpus: heh, probably have a better chance of ramping up the FPS by disabling sync.
112 2019-08-15T07:14:41  <wumpus> qt can render using opengl and even vulkan, a smooth 1000fps should be piece of cake with a decent GPU!
113 2019-08-15T07:16:23  <wumpus> yes, disabling sync definitely a good start :)
114 2019-08-15T07:19:38  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
115 2019-08-15T07:20:06  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
116 2019-08-15T07:20:06  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/8516285d2ea4...8fc7f0cba9b1
117 2019-08-15T07:20:07  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a2714a5 Andrew Chow: Give QApplication dummy arguments
118 2019-08-15T07:20:08  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8fc7f0c fanquake: Merge #16578: Do not pass in command line arguments to QApplication
119 2019-08-15T07:20:10  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
120 2019-08-15T07:21:08  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
121 2019-08-15T07:21:09  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #16578: Do not pass in command line arguments to QApplication (master...no-qapp-args) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16578
122 2019-08-15T07:21:21  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
123 2019-08-15T07:25:13  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
124 2019-08-15T07:25:35  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
125 2019-08-15T07:26:26  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
126 2019-08-15T07:26:45  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
127 2019-08-15T07:30:20  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
128 2019-08-15T07:30:21  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #15954: refactor: remove old bootstrap relevant code (master...patch-2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15954
129 2019-08-15T07:30:22  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
130 2019-08-15T07:32:39  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
131 2019-08-15T07:37:48  *** joe_land1 has quit IRC
132 2019-08-15T07:37:51  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2019-08-15T07:37:51  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] NicolasDorier opened pull request #16618: [Fix] Allow connection of a noban banned peer (master...fix/noban-banned) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16618
134 2019-08-15T07:37:54  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
135 2019-08-15T08:22:08  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
136 2019-08-15T08:22:24  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
137 2019-08-15T08:34:42  *** setpill has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2019-08-15T08:35:47  *** harding has quit IRC
139 2019-08-15T08:36:04  *** harding has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
140 2019-08-15T08:44:54  <fanquake> Is Travis just having a bad day? Seeing a lot of timeouts like https://travis-ci.org/bitcoin/bitcoin/jobs/572183150
141 2019-08-15T08:45:36  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
142 2019-08-15T08:48:41  <wumpus> oh those dependency fetching timeouts, saw a few yesterday too
143 2019-08-15T08:49:31  <wumpus> maybe archive.ubuntu.com is getting sick of being continuously hammered by them, i'm really surprised travis don't have their own apt mirror
144 2019-08-15T09:00:01  *** pleia21 has quit IRC
145 2019-08-15T09:02:17  <fanquake> Has anyone here ever used distcc when building core / depends  etc ?
146 2019-08-15T09:02:23  <fanquake> https://distcc.github.io/
147 2019-08-15T09:03:58  *** mathepauker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
148 2019-08-15T09:06:28  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
149 2019-08-15T09:16:13  <wumpus> not me
150 2019-08-15T09:16:58  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
151 2019-08-15T09:21:02  <fanquake> wumpus #16400 now has 3 ACKs. I'm going to add it to the HPFR list. Maybe we could save merging anything into validation while this gets some final review over today and tomorrow?
152 2019-08-15T09:21:06  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16400 | [refactor] Rewrite AcceptToMemoryPoolWorker() using smaller parts by sdaftuar · Pull Request #16400 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
153 2019-08-15T09:22:32  *** tryphe has quit IRC
154 2019-08-15T09:22:57  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
155 2019-08-15T09:25:09  <wumpus> fanquake: SGTM
156 2019-08-15T09:27:33  <fanquake> I've asked meshcollider for a final look over #15986, he should be able to merge that if he's happy.
157 2019-08-15T09:27:35  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15986 | Add checksum to getdescriptorinfo by sipa · Pull Request #15986 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
158 2019-08-15T09:32:51  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
159 2019-08-15T09:33:06  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
160 2019-08-15T09:35:27  *** alko has quit IRC
161 2019-08-15T09:49:49  *** seeder has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
162 2019-08-15T09:57:06  *** alko has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
163 2019-08-15T10:14:59  *** harrigan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
164 2019-08-15T10:28:16  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
165 2019-08-15T10:32:36  *** promag has quit IRC
166 2019-08-15T10:50:32  *** harrigan has quit IRC
167 2019-08-15T10:50:59  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
168 2019-08-15T11:03:12  *** harrigan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
169 2019-08-15T11:33:30  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
170 2019-08-15T11:33:30  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #16612: qt: Remove menu icons (master...2019_08_remove_menuicons) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16612
171 2019-08-15T11:33:33  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
172 2019-08-15T11:37:05  <wumpus> gah
173 2019-08-15T11:37:22  <wumpus> I'm increasingly unable to contribute to opens ource software, I just don't have the energy anymore
174 2019-08-15T11:38:10  <wumpus> always so many things everyone wants differently, sometimes reasonable, sometimes not, but it's just too busy for me
175 2019-08-15T11:44:58  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
176 2019-08-15T11:44:58  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/8fc7f0cba9b1...e00501e00ccd
177 2019-08-15T11:44:58  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 37f2784 practicalswift: tests: Use colors and dots in test_runner.py output only if standard outpu...
178 2019-08-15T11:44:59  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e00501e MarcoFalke: Merge #16561: tests: Use colors and dots in test_runner.py output only if ...
179 2019-08-15T11:45:00  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
180 2019-08-15T11:45:13  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
181 2019-08-15T11:46:03  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
182 2019-08-15T11:46:03  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #16561: tests: Use colors and dots in test_runner.py output only if standard output is a terminal (master...parsable) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16561
183 2019-08-15T11:46:04  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
184 2019-08-15T11:47:56  *** harrigan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
185 2019-08-15T11:48:22  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
186 2019-08-15T11:53:14  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
187 2019-08-15T11:55:17  <fanquake> wumpus: I know exactly how you're feeling at the moment.
188 2019-08-15T11:55:32  <wumpus> fanquake: thank you
189 2019-08-15T11:59:32  *** seeder has quit IRC
190 2019-08-15T12:00:02  *** mathepauker has quit IRC
191 2019-08-15T12:00:57  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
192 2019-08-15T12:04:19  *** supaplex1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
193 2019-08-15T12:37:22  *** elichai2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
194 2019-08-15T12:46:04  *** lightlike has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
195 2019-08-15T13:13:13  *** harrigan has quit IRC
196 2019-08-15T13:19:28  *** emilengler has quit IRC
197 2019-08-15T13:20:55  *** emilengler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
198 2019-08-15T13:21:26  *** harrigan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
199 2019-08-15T13:23:15  <jonasschnelli> ariard: can you explain that comment further: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16562#discussion_r314112055
200 2019-08-15T13:23:18  <jonasschnelli> I can't follow
201 2019-08-15T13:35:37  *** davex_ has quit IRC
202 2019-08-15T13:36:44  *** davex__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
203 2019-08-15T14:09:13  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
204 2019-08-15T14:09:14  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #16620: util: Move ResolveErrMsg to util/error (master...1908-utilErrorResolveErrMsg) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16620
205 2019-08-15T14:09:27  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
206 2019-08-15T14:10:34  *** davex__ has quit IRC
207 2019-08-15T14:24:03  <elichai2> achow101: is there a way for me to sign a psbt using a descriptor with private key instead of the wallet? (I'm doing `utxoupdatepsbt` with it and now i want to do `walletprocesspsbt`, or should I use `importmulti` instead?)
208 2019-08-15T14:31:21  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
209 2019-08-15T14:31:22  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 5 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/e00501e00ccd...8bd5e0af9983
210 2019-08-15T14:31:23  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fac3dcf MarcoFalke: test: Generate one block for each send in wallet_import_rescan
211 2019-08-15T14:31:24  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa79af2 MarcoFalke: test: Replace fragile "rng" with call to random()
212 2019-08-15T14:31:25  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa25668 MarcoFalke: test: Test p2sh-witness and bech32 in wallet_import_rescan
213 2019-08-15T14:31:34  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
214 2019-08-15T14:32:18  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
215 2019-08-15T14:32:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #16465: test: Test p2sh-witness and bech32 in wallet_import_rescan (master...1907-testAllAddressTypesImport) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16465
216 2019-08-15T14:32:31  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
217 2019-08-15T14:34:57  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
218 2019-08-15T14:34:57  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] gapeman opened pull request #16621: doc: add default bitcoin.conf locations (master...patch-2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16621
219 2019-08-15T14:34:58  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
220 2019-08-15T14:39:02  <ariard> jonasschnelli: destructor is currently unused for V1, do you plan to use it for V2 serializer?
221 2019-08-15T14:41:56  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
222 2019-08-15T14:49:50  *** harrigan has quit IRC
223 2019-08-15T14:51:31  <achow101> elichai2: there is not
224 2019-08-15T14:54:05  <sipa> ariard: i think tha5 whenever you have subclasses stored as pointers to superclass objects, the superclass must have a virtual destructor
225 2019-08-15T14:54:26  <sipa> even if the subclass types don't define their own destructors
226 2019-08-15T14:54:51  <jonasschnelli> yes. what sipa said
227 2019-08-15T14:55:13  *** hebasto has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
228 2019-08-15T15:00:01  *** supaplex1 has quit IRC
229 2019-08-15T15:03:51  *** mryandao has quit IRC
230 2019-08-15T15:04:08  *** mryandao has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
231 2019-08-15T15:05:51  <ariard> good to know, thanks
232 2019-08-15T15:18:53  *** tryphe has quit IRC
233 2019-08-15T15:19:51  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
234 2019-08-15T15:22:26  *** tryphe has quit IRC
235 2019-08-15T15:22:28  *** setpill has quit IRC
236 2019-08-15T15:26:44  *** PaulTroon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
237 2019-08-15T15:36:36  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
238 2019-08-15T15:36:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] emilengler closed pull request #16590: init: systemd directory fix (master...2019-08-systemd-fix) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16590
239 2019-08-15T15:36:41  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
240 2019-08-15T15:38:47  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
241 2019-08-15T15:38:47  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack opened pull request #16622: autoconf: property tests status and options (master...property-tests-autoconf-improvements) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16622
242 2019-08-15T15:38:48  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
243 2019-08-15T15:42:28  <elichai2> I wish people would've used more switch/case for enums instead of if/else that way the compiler will warn you on all the uses of that enum if you modify it
244 2019-08-15T15:42:58  *** secdragon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
245 2019-08-15T15:53:36  <jonatack> fanquake, Chris_Stewart_5: rapidcheck seems to be coming back to life a bit https://github.com/emil-e/rapidcheck/commits/master
246 2019-08-15T15:55:24  *** Dean_Guss has quit IRC
247 2019-08-15T16:01:50  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
248 2019-08-15T16:07:02  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
249 2019-08-15T16:08:07  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
250 2019-08-15T16:38:01  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
251 2019-08-15T16:44:15  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
252 2019-08-15T16:44:47  <provoostenator> I know everyone wants to review the create wallet GUI PR #15450...
253 2019-08-15T16:44:51  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15450 | [GUI] Create wallet menu option by achow101 · Pull Request #15450 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
254 2019-08-15T16:49:07  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
255 2019-08-15T16:49:13  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
256 2019-08-15T16:49:14  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/8bd5e0af9983...85883a9f8ea0
257 2019-08-15T16:49:15  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fae6ab6 James O'Beirne: refactor: pcoinsTip -> CChainState::CoinsTip()
258 2019-08-15T16:49:16  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5693530 James O'Beirne: refactor: have CCoins* data managed under CChainState
259 2019-08-15T16:49:16  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 582d2cd James O'Beirne: Cover UTXO set access with lock annotations
260 2019-08-15T16:49:18  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
261 2019-08-15T16:49:49  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
262 2019-08-15T16:49:49  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke reopened pull request #16612: qt: Remove menu icons (master...2019_08_remove_menuicons) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16612
263 2019-08-15T16:49:51  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
264 2019-08-15T16:50:13  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
265 2019-08-15T16:50:13  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #16443: refactor: have CCoins* data managed under CChainState (master...2019-07-au-coins-under-chainstate) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16443
266 2019-08-15T16:50:14  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
267 2019-08-15T16:51:28  *** E__ has quit IRC
268 2019-08-15T16:53:30  <provoostenator> ^^ *wumpus calls Github CEO: please allow PR owner transfer*
269 2019-08-15T16:57:53  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
270 2019-08-15T16:57:54  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 6 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/85883a9f8ea0...367b023ae444
271 2019-08-15T16:57:54  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fafe78f MarcoFalke: ci: Rename .travis/ to ./ci/
272 2019-08-15T16:57:55  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa0aac0 MarcoFalke: ci: Add retry
273 2019-08-15T16:57:56  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa31bc3 MarcoFalke: ci: Remove dependence on travis, use it as fallback env
274 2019-08-15T16:58:06  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
275 2019-08-15T16:58:48  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
276 2019-08-15T16:58:48  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #16582: test: Rework ci (Use travis only as fallback env) (master...1908-ciRework) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16582
277 2019-08-15T16:59:02  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
278 2019-08-15T16:59:48  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
279 2019-08-15T17:08:17  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
280 2019-08-15T17:12:25  *** Krellan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
281 2019-08-15T17:12:49  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
282 2019-08-15T17:15:25  *** Krellan has quit IRC
283 2019-08-15T17:18:33  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
284 2019-08-15T17:27:08  <emilengler> Can someone restart this? https://travis-ci.org/bitcoin/bitcoin/builds/572354962?utm_source=github_status&utm_medium=notification
285 2019-08-15T17:28:08  <sipa> emilengler: done
286 2019-08-15T17:28:20  <emilengler> sipa: thank you
287 2019-08-15T17:42:17  <gleb> wumpus: I just figured out something, and I feel like we can remove #16599 from "seeking conceptual review" for now to not distract people until I implement something.
288 2019-08-15T17:42:19  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16599 | ASN-based bucketing of the network nodes · Issue #16599 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
289 2019-08-15T17:42:34  <gleb> Sorry for bothering :)
290 2019-08-15T17:49:51  <provoostenator> gleb: that's not a bad idea. I'll probably have a stronger opinion (as opposed to no opinion) if I can see the implemations for both options.
291 2019-08-15T17:50:15  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
292 2019-08-15T17:51:52  <wumpus> gleb: ok, will remove it
293 2019-08-15T17:54:46  *** Dean_Guss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
294 2019-08-15T18:00:02  *** secdragon has quit IRC
295 2019-08-15T18:06:41  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
296 2019-08-15T18:11:53  *** owowo has quit IRC
297 2019-08-15T18:14:38  *** PaulTroon has quit IRC
298 2019-08-15T18:16:48  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
299 2019-08-15T18:22:07  *** Evel-Knievel has quit IRC
300 2019-08-15T18:22:26  *** Evel-Knievel has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
301 2019-08-15T18:34:22  *** PaulTroon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
302 2019-08-15T18:35:42  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
303 2019-08-15T18:39:05  *** PaulTroon has quit IRC
304 2019-08-15T18:42:02  *** MichealH-iPod has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
305 2019-08-15T18:51:00  *** PaulTroon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
306 2019-08-15T18:59:14  <MarcoFalke> Short update on the ci stuff:
307 2019-08-15T18:59:33  <MarcoFalke> * GitHub ci is in early beta and there is not much I can evaluate
308 2019-08-15T18:59:50  <MarcoFalke> They don't have caching, nor can own hardware be attached
309 2019-08-15T19:00:18  <MarcoFalke> * Travis timeout was bumped to 90 minutes, so we shouldn't see any timeout anymore
310 2019-08-15T19:00:21  <wumpus> #startmeeting
311 2019-08-15T19:00:21  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Aug 15 19:00:21 2019 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
312 2019-08-15T19:00:21  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
313 2019-08-15T19:00:34  <provoostenator> hi
314 2019-08-15T19:00:41  <jonasschnelli> hi
315 2019-08-15T19:00:44  <MarcoFalke> (In theory, in practice `apt update` times out ...)
316 2019-08-15T19:00:46  <MarcoFalke> hi
317 2019-08-15T19:01:05  <wumpus> yes, that's nice, hopefully the theory starts working out :)
318 2019-08-15T19:01:06  <real_or_random> hi
319 2019-08-15T19:01:22  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball kvaciral
320 2019-08-15T19:01:37  <wumpus> no proposed topics on the weekly meeting list
321 2019-08-15T19:01:41  <cfields> MarcoFalke: I wasn't here last week to post, but here was my feedback for Github: https://pastebin.com/raw/3PS5rtdN
322 2019-08-15T19:01:42  <sipa> hi
323 2019-08-15T19:01:46  <MarcoFalke> But the good news is that the ci can be run locally (or anywhere now). See ./ci/ subfolder
324 2019-08-15T19:01:52  *** greypw has quit IRC
325 2019-08-15T19:01:56  <jonasschnelli> nice
326 2019-08-15T19:02:00  <gleb> hi
327 2019-08-15T19:02:05  <Chris_Stewart_5>   hi
328 2019-08-15T19:02:11  <sipa> MarcoFalke: nice
329 2019-08-15T19:02:12  <cfields> Glad to see you're trying it out, though :)
330 2019-08-15T19:02:42  <jonasschnelli> Though I still not fully buying into the concept that a CI configuration should be part of the main repository
331 2019-08-15T19:02:42  <wumpus> right, at least we know its limitations now, thanks!
332 2019-08-15T19:02:46  <MarcoFalke> cfields: Yeah, I guess in the end we'll go with jonasschnelli's ci
333 2019-08-15T19:03:04  <jonasschnelli> (once it's mature enough)
334 2019-08-15T19:03:05  <ryanofsky> fun fact: the ci folder contains 4 mentions of the word "poop"
335 2019-08-15T19:03:08  <MarcoFalke> jonasschnelli: Why not? travis.yml is part of the main repo
336 2019-08-15T19:03:22  <achow101> hi
337 2019-08-15T19:03:32  <jonasschnelli> Just conceptually I don't understand why the CI configuration needs to be part of the project sources
338 2019-08-15T19:03:40  <jonasschnelli> Could be another repo, config-file, whatever
339 2019-08-15T19:03:45  <jnewbery> hi
340 2019-08-15T19:04:01  <MarcoFalke> jonasschnelli: Because the config needs to be updated atomically with the source code
341 2019-08-15T19:04:09  <jonasschnelli> why?
342 2019-08-15T19:04:23  <MarcoFalke> Let's say I add a new dependency boost-process, the ci runner needs to install it
343 2019-08-15T19:04:32  *** iamtimmarchant has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
344 2019-08-15T19:04:54  <jonasschnelli> Yes. But it could be update in that secondary config file / repository then
345 2019-08-15T19:05:13  *** iamtimmarchant has quit IRC
346 2019-08-15T19:05:19  <MarcoFalke> And in the meantime the ci couldn't run?
347 2019-08-15T19:05:26  <MarcoFalke> Also you couldn't run it on older branches
348 2019-08-15T19:05:34  <jonasschnelli> Maybe...
349 2019-08-15T19:05:53  *** captjakk has quit IRC
350 2019-08-15T19:05:55  <jonasschnelli> It just feels this would not scale with multiple build systems / CI
351 2019-08-15T19:06:09  <jonasschnelli> With the Appvayor, it's already a problem IMO
352 2019-08-15T19:06:20  <jonasschnelli> but I'm probably complicating things...
353 2019-08-15T19:06:26  <MarcoFalke> My plan was to only have one place to put the config and have all build systems use that config
354 2019-08-15T19:06:44  <MarcoFalke> I tested it with GitHub CI, Cirrus CI, Travis CI. They all use the same config and it works
355 2019-08-15T19:06:57  <jonasschnelli> Wouldn't that lead to a monotonic CI/test system?
356 2019-08-15T19:07:25  <MarcoFalke> It includes the whole build matrix. But I agree
357 2019-08-15T19:07:28  <kanzure> hi
358 2019-08-15T19:07:33  <ryanofsky> i think it's convenient for things like ci and lint to be in the main repository, it would be a headache to have a change like #16367 that requires a ci update and have to stage it in multiple prs
359 2019-08-15T19:07:36  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16367 | Multiprocess build support by ryanofsky · Pull Request #16367 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
360 2019-08-15T19:07:51  <jonasschnelli> My understanding would be, that there are a bunch of test-systems (call it CIs), running aside of our repo...
361 2019-08-15T19:07:53  *** elisheets has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
362 2019-08-15T19:07:56  * dongcarl enjoyed ryanofsky's fun fact
363 2019-08-15T19:08:13  <jonasschnelli> They have all their custom setup to test various configurations
364 2019-08-15T19:08:21  <provoostenator> I'd like to be able to run CI without Docker at some point...
365 2019-08-15T19:08:27  <jonasschnelli> If we run the same matrix on all CIs,.. seems a bit pointless
366 2019-08-15T19:08:40  <MarcoFalke> jonasschnelli: Right. Agree on that
367 2019-08-15T19:08:40  <jonasschnelli> provoostenator: bitcoinbuilds at least runs without docker...
368 2019-08-15T19:08:55  <MarcoFalke> It is more a plan to not be married to one CI supplier
369 2019-08-15T19:08:57  <wumpus> dongcarl: same :)
370 2019-08-15T19:09:04  <jonasschnelli> which is a good point. If we have one CI script that always runs in docker...
371 2019-08-15T19:09:31  <MarcoFalke> provoostenator: jonasschnelli: You can also run ./ci/ without docker
372 2019-08-15T19:09:38  <MarcoFalke> Though that messes up the host (obviously)
373 2019-08-15T19:10:10  <jonasschnelli> Okay. Let me continue to think about this... but I see the point of convenience
374 2019-08-15T19:10:25  <provoostenator> Right, it would be happy to run just one specifiic host
375 2019-08-15T19:10:53  <provoostenator> E.g. I have a Bionic x86 machine here, or an ARM machine elsewhere.
376 2019-08-15T19:11:05  <MarcoFalke> jonasschnelli: Yeah let's continue in #bitcoin-builds or in one of my follow up pull requests that I plan to open soon :)
377 2019-08-15T19:11:09  <jonasschnelli> ack
378 2019-08-15T19:11:18  <sipa> proposed topic: libsecp256k1 maintenance
379 2019-08-15T19:11:33  <MarcoFalke> #topic libsecp256k1 maintenance (sipa)
380 2019-08-15T19:12:12  <sipa> so, lately i haven't had too much time to deal with maintaining libsecp256k1
381 2019-08-15T19:12:29  <sipa> and also the other existing maintainers haven't been active
382 2019-08-15T19:13:28  <sipa> real_or_random has been pretty active, and i'd like to transition to giving him maintainer rights
383 2019-08-15T19:13:29  * jonasschnelli looks at real_or_random 
384 2019-08-15T19:13:47  <sipa> but i wanted to bring this up here, as the secp256k1 repo is under the bitcoin-core org
385 2019-08-15T19:13:48  <MarcoFalke> I was about to suggest the first one to say a word will become the next maintainer
386 2019-08-15T19:14:02  <real_or_random> glad I haven't said a word
387 2019-08-15T19:14:04  <instagibbs> congrats... jonasschnelli ;P
388 2019-08-15T19:14:12  <MarcoFalke> good to hear that real_or_random is volunteering for that position
389 2019-08-15T19:14:15  <jonasschnelli> ack on real_or_random
390 2019-08-15T19:14:33  <jonasschnelli> instagibbs: that was just an irc-action.. :P
391 2019-08-15T19:14:59  <wumpus> I'd like to volunteer but currently, I'm just not able to
392 2019-08-15T19:15:28  *** owowo has quit IRC
393 2019-08-15T19:15:30  *** greypw has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
394 2019-08-15T19:15:51  <MarcoFalke> wumpus: We should make a rule that Bitcoin Core maintainers are not allowed to maintain other projects :)
395 2019-08-15T19:15:56  <nickler> ack real_or_random
396 2019-08-15T19:16:03  <real_or_random> I think nickler was volunteering too :)
397 2019-08-15T19:16:05  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: that's okay with me too :)
398 2019-08-15T19:16:09  <provoostenator> also ack real_or_random
399 2019-08-15T19:16:20  <MarcoFalke> ack nickler and real_or_random
400 2019-08-15T19:16:26  <wumpus> *leaves bitcoin core for secp256k1* hehe
401 2019-08-15T19:16:26  <sipa> also ack nickler from me, obviously :)
402 2019-08-15T19:16:30  <jonasschnelli> also ack nickler
403 2019-08-15T19:16:52  <sipa> that was easy.
404 2019-08-15T19:16:53  <nickler> I'd be happy to help
405 2019-08-15T19:16:56  <instagibbs> should people be removed?
406 2019-08-15T19:17:05  <instagibbs> or is it just too small a number
407 2019-08-15T19:17:21  <jonasschnelli> I guess greg and sipa?
408 2019-08-15T19:17:28  <provoostenator> nickler what's your Github name?
409 2019-08-15T19:17:34  <jonasschnelli> Fine for me to keep it for now
410 2019-08-15T19:17:37  <sipa> it's andytoshi and me
411 2019-08-15T19:17:37  <nickler> provoostenator: jonasnick
412 2019-08-15T19:17:40  <sipa> currently
413 2019-08-15T19:17:49  <provoostenator> Ah ok, ACK
414 2019-08-15T19:17:56  <instagibbs> ok ACK
415 2019-08-15T19:18:03  <wumpus> are you going to add them sipa or should I?
416 2019-08-15T19:18:20  <sipa> i will.
417 2019-08-15T19:18:22  <MarcoFalke> Is it that repo: https://github.com/bitcoin-core/secp256k1 ?
418 2019-08-15T19:18:26  <sipa> correct
419 2019-08-15T19:18:30  <wumpus> yes
420 2019-08-15T19:18:37  <jonasschnelli> I think removing is something that could be done after 1y of inactivity or if someone explicitly wants to be removed
421 2019-08-15T19:18:39  <MarcoFalke> why is the latest merge not signed and done with GitHub?
422 2019-08-15T19:18:55  <MarcoFalke> (ot)
423 2019-08-15T19:19:28  <jonasschnelli> valid point... some merge policy would probably be wise
424 2019-08-15T19:19:30  <sipa> we should probably add merge checks in CI just like in bitcoin core itself
425 2019-08-15T19:19:31  <real_or_random> MarcoFalke: yeah I think there are a few related issues to  discuss
426 2019-08-15T19:19:34  <provoostenator> Could reuse some of the Bitcoin Core tools over?
427 2019-08-15T19:19:38  <sipa> yeah.
428 2019-08-15T19:19:53  <real_or_random> also e.g., I have an open issue about a security.md file
429 2019-08-15T19:20:34  <real_or_random> which raises the question who should be in there. secp256k1 maintainers or bitcoin-core maintainers?
430 2019-08-15T19:20:50  * MarcoFalke has set a bash alias `ghm` for "github-merge.py" that works on any repo
431 2019-08-15T19:21:08  <real_or_random> and we also don't have super clear guidelines for what should be in the repo and what not (e.g., we have the JNI bindings that we may want to remove)
432 2019-08-15T19:21:08  <wumpus> we should probably move github-merge.py to maintainer-tools
433 2019-08-15T19:21:17  <wumpus> instead of having it in the bitcoin core repository
434 2019-08-15T19:21:20  *** belcher has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
435 2019-08-15T19:21:46  <wumpus> that way it's much easier to use it for different projects
436 2019-08-15T19:21:56  <sipa> i think that libsecp256k1 issues which don't directly affect bitcoin core can be kept inside the secp256k1 project (bitcoin core has no need for JNI... :p)
437 2019-08-15T19:22:22  <sipa> and discussed on the #secp256k1 channel
438 2019-08-15T19:22:24  <wumpus> secp256k1 issues should probably be reported to secp256k1 maintainers, in general
439 2019-08-15T19:22:49  *** Dean_Guss has quit IRC
440 2019-08-15T19:22:51  <sipa> agree; though very serious issues that impact bitcoin could of course also be reported to bitcoin core
441 2019-08-15T19:23:09  <real_or_random> wumpus: yes this seems sensible they can escalate to core if necessary
442 2019-08-15T19:23:30  <sipa> wumpus: agree on moving over github-merge to maintainer-tools
443 2019-08-15T19:23:40  <sipa> i use it for unrelated projects too :)
444 2019-08-15T19:23:44  <wumpus> yes, if it affects use in bitcoin, or is even an issue that threatens bitcoin, that seems an exception
445 2019-08-15T19:23:54  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
446 2019-08-15T19:23:57  *** reallll has quit IRC
447 2019-08-15T19:24:21  <wumpus> sipa: ok!
448 2019-08-15T19:24:41  <real_or_random> ack on a using github-merge and/or related tools
449 2019-08-15T19:25:12  <real_or_random> core vendors secp256k1, so the changes need to be accepted there too
450 2019-08-15T19:25:30  <wumpus> #action move github-merge.py to bitcoin-maintainer-tools repo
451 2019-08-15T19:25:55  <sipa> real_or_random: occasionally we open a PR to core that updates the subtree, summarizing the changes
452 2019-08-15T19:25:58  <real_or_random> but tbh, if we open a large +500/-500 PR from time to time, it's too late to spot weirdnesses
453 2019-08-15T19:26:32  <sipa> yeah perhaps that's a question whether people here prefer more regular updates of the subtree
454 2019-08-15T19:26:50  <real_or_random> yes, indeed. I think my point is that these tend to get ACKed with the idea in mind that they're fine because they were merged in secp256k1
455 2019-08-15T19:26:59  <wumpus> it's another opportunity for review, though yes, if it groups too many different things it'll likely not get more than cursory glances
456 2019-08-15T19:27:27  <real_or_random> so it makes sense to have the same careful committing/merging process for secp too
457 2019-08-15T19:27:30  <wumpus> also a lot of bitcoin core reviewers don't have much knowledge of the details of the cryptography and implementation
458 2019-08-15T19:27:37  <wumpus> yes
459 2019-08-15T19:27:40  *** MasterdonX has quit IRC
460 2019-08-15T19:27:40  <real_or_random> right
461 2019-08-15T19:27:55  <real_or_random> sipa: this question is also related to possible releases
462 2019-08-15T19:28:17  <real_or_random> AFAIK it was always planned to have releases, we may reconsider that
463 2019-08-15T19:28:29  <sipa> yeah
464 2019-08-15T19:28:45  <sipa> i guess not everything needs to be resolved in this meeting
465 2019-08-15T19:28:50  <real_or_random> sure
466 2019-08-15T19:28:50  <sipa> but it's good to have some communication
467 2019-08-15T19:30:04  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
468 2019-08-15T19:30:27  <wumpus> yes, it's fine, it's not like there's other proposed topics for this meeting :) and I don't think sharing a meeting with secp256k1 stuff is that bad so people are aware what is happening there
469 2019-08-15T19:30:48  <sipa> high priority for review?
470 2019-08-15T19:30:57  <wumpus> oh yes, we could do that
471 2019-08-15T19:31:04  <wumpus> #topic High priority for review
472 2019-08-15T19:31:11  <BlueMatt> an I add #16421 to the list?
473 2019-08-15T19:31:14  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16421 | Conservatively accept RBF bumps bumping one tx at the package limits by TheBlueMatt · Pull Request #16421 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
474 2019-08-15T19:31:49  <wumpus> sure we can always add more, I'm most interested in whether some things are getting ready for merge though :)
475 2019-08-15T19:32:39  <aj> BlueMatt: fanquake did that already i thought?
476 2019-08-15T19:32:58  <jeremyrubin> correct
477 2019-08-15T19:33:02  <BlueMatt> oh, maybe
478 2019-08-15T19:33:14  <BlueMatt> I just want to get it in for .19, and its gotten very little review
479 2019-08-15T19:33:19  <BlueMatt> despite being an incredibly simple pr
480 2019-08-15T19:33:21  <instagibbs> BlueMatt, will review
481 2019-08-15T19:33:37  <MarcoFalke> I think we got three high-prio things merged this week
482 2019-08-15T19:33:42  <MarcoFalke> maybe even more
483 2019-08-15T19:33:56  <wumpus> 8 things on the list is a lot though
484 2019-08-15T19:34:07  <wumpus> oh one is merged, good
485 2019-08-15T19:34:13  <aj> oh fanquake added 16400
486 2019-08-15T19:35:07  <MarcoFalke> #16400 should get removed
487 2019-08-15T19:35:10  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16400 | [refactor] Rewrite AcceptToMemoryPoolWorker() using smaller parts by sdaftuar · Pull Request #16400 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
488 2019-08-15T19:35:17  <wumpus> so yes, the soft translation string freeze for 0.19 is already in two weeks, the feature freeze in a month
489 2019-08-15T19:35:33  <MarcoFalke> It needs rebase and I think #15759 was in first
490 2019-08-15T19:35:36  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15759 | [p2p] Add 2 outbound blocks-only connections by sdaftuar · Pull Request #15759 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
491 2019-08-15T19:36:22  <wumpus> ok
492 2019-08-15T19:37:14  <wumpus> 16400 removed from now, let's re-add it after 15759 merged
493 2019-08-15T19:38:25  <wumpus> anything else to discuss?
494 2019-08-15T19:39:57  <wumpus> #endmeeting
495 2019-08-15T19:39:57  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Aug 15 19:39:57 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
496 2019-08-15T19:39:57  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-08-15-19.00.html
497 2019-08-15T19:39:57  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-08-15-19.00.txt
498 2019-08-15T19:39:57  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-08-15-19.00.log.html
499 2019-08-15T19:40:56  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
500 2019-08-15T19:45:11  <wumpus> FWIW https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-maintainer-tools/pull/28
501 2019-08-15T19:50:59  *** Dean_Guss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
502 2019-08-15T19:59:58  *** hebasto has quit IRC
503 2019-08-15T20:04:14  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
504 2019-08-15T20:04:16  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 6 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/367b023ae444...1bf2ff2bf8e8
505 2019-08-15T20:04:16  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3862e47 John Newbery: [rpc] Tidy up reporting of buried and ongoing softforks
506 2019-08-15T20:04:17  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1c93b9b John Newbery: [Consensus] Bury CSV deployment height
507 2019-08-15T20:04:18  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0328dcd John Newbery: [Consensus] Bury segwit deployment
508 2019-08-15T20:04:20  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
509 2019-08-15T20:04:59  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
510 2019-08-15T20:05:00  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #16060: Bury bip9 deployments (master...bury_bip9_deployments) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16060
511 2019-08-15T20:05:13  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
512 2019-08-15T20:16:31  *** greypw has quit IRC
513 2019-08-15T20:17:58  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
514 2019-08-15T20:20:57  *** greypw has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
515 2019-08-15T20:30:36  *** MasterdonX has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
516 2019-08-15T20:32:49  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
517 2019-08-15T20:39:58  *** Evel-Knievel has quit IRC
518 2019-08-15T20:40:39  *** Evel-Knievel has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
519 2019-08-15T20:49:08  *** captjakk has quit IRC
520 2019-08-15T20:49:27  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
521 2019-08-15T20:50:52  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
522 2019-08-15T20:53:02  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
523 2019-08-15T20:53:03  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #16623: ci: Add environment files for all settings (master...1908-ciEnv) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16623
524 2019-08-15T20:53:04  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
525 2019-08-15T20:55:21  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
526 2019-08-15T20:56:20  *** hanhua has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
527 2019-08-15T20:58:39  *** elisheets has quit IRC
528 2019-08-15T21:00:01  *** MichealH-iPod has quit IRC
529 2019-08-15T21:05:09  *** sankarshan1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
530 2019-08-15T21:16:55  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
531 2019-08-15T21:16:55  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ariard opened pull request #16624: wallet : encapsulate trransactions state (master...2019-08-encapsulate-tx-state) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16624
532 2019-08-15T21:16:56  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
533 2019-08-15T21:19:40  *** Dean_Guss has quit IRC
534 2019-08-15T21:19:54  *** Dean_Guss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
535 2019-08-15T21:45:36  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
536 2019-08-15T21:48:48  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
537 2019-08-15T21:51:44  <fanquake> I put 16400 in there because it had 3 ACKs and was much closer to being merged than 15799 at the time (also didn’t need a rebase). Guess someone merged into validation and broke it.
538 2019-08-15T21:53:11  <fanquake> I don’t think it should necessarily matter which PR was in there “first”. As there are things that have lingered in HP for weeks. It should also matter what has had recent/active review.
539 2019-08-15T21:54:55  *** dviola has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
540 2019-08-15T22:04:42  *** kristapsk_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
541 2019-08-15T22:07:20  *** kristapsk has quit IRC
542 2019-08-15T22:08:26  *** kristapsk_ is now known as kristapsk
543 2019-08-15T22:14:02  *** spinza has quit IRC
544 2019-08-15T22:21:04  *** roconnor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
545 2019-08-15T22:22:04  *** kristapsk has quit IRC
546 2019-08-15T22:22:08  *** kristapsk_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
547 2019-08-15T22:26:59  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
548 2019-08-15T22:28:57  *** jarthur has quit IRC
549 2019-08-15T22:32:21  *** PaulTroon has quit IRC
550 2019-08-15T22:32:35  *** kristapsk_ has quit IRC
551 2019-08-15T22:33:03  *** profmac has quit IRC
552 2019-08-15T22:33:23  *** kristapsk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
553 2019-08-15T22:33:58  <roconnor> Hi all.  After building bitcoin-0.18.0 and bitcoin-0.18.1 when I run the test_bitcoin program it lists a large number of "Error: Specified -walletdir "wallets" is a relative path ... followed by "*** No errors detected".  I didn't have this issue with bitcoin-0.17.1.  Have I made some sort of configuration error here?
554 2019-08-15T22:39:20  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
555 2019-08-15T22:39:21  *** promag has quit IRC
556 2019-08-15T22:50:07  *** profmac has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
557 2019-08-15T22:57:51  <lightlike> roconnor: that was described in #15944 and recently fixed (#16277): as a side effect of a negative test these messages are written to stderr. so it's no problem.
558 2019-08-15T22:57:52  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15944 | Path error messages while executing test_bitcoin · Issue #15944 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
559 2019-08-15T22:57:54  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16277 | [Tests] Suppress output in test_bitcoin for expected errors by gertjaap · Pull Request #16277 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
560 2019-08-15T23:01:43  <roconnor> Great thanks.  I won't sweat about it then.
561 2019-08-15T23:12:12  *** Dean_Guss has quit IRC
562 2019-08-15T23:21:42  *** davterra has quit IRC