1 2019-08-30T00:00:02  *** billstclair1 has quit IRC
  2 2019-08-30T00:17:40  *** limpkin1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  3 2019-08-30T00:29:53  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  4 2019-08-30T00:29:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #16759: doc: Fix table syntax (master...2019-08-bitcoin-conf-table) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16759
  5 2019-08-30T00:29:55  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
  6 2019-08-30T00:32:18  <fanquake> instagibbs: hope you've got that merge script worked out
  7 2019-08-30T00:47:31  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  8 2019-08-30T00:47:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/bcf7004a8945...74da99e01074
  9 2019-08-30T00:47:32  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa0b910 MarcoFalke: [doc] chain: Declare BLOCK_VALID_HEADER reserved
 10 2019-08-30T00:47:32  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 74da99e fanquake: Merge #14862: doc: Declare BLOCK_VALID_HEADER reserved
 11 2019-08-30T00:47:34  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 12 2019-08-30T00:47:51  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 13 2019-08-30T00:47:51  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #14862: doc: Declare BLOCK_VALID_HEADER reserved (master...Mf1812-validationDocBLOCK_VALID_HEADER) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14862
 14 2019-08-30T00:47:52  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 15 2019-08-30T00:49:46  <fanquake> meshcollider: Want to take a look at / merge #16753
 16 2019-08-30T00:49:48  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16753 | wallet: extract PubKey from P2PK script with Solver by theStack · Pull Request #16753 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 17 2019-08-30T00:54:00  *** liberiga has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 18 2019-08-30T00:54:27  *** StopAndDecrypt_ has quit IRC
 19 2019-08-30T00:56:18  *** rafalcpp_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 20 2019-08-30T00:56:21  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 21 2019-08-30T00:57:08  *** rafalcpp has quit IRC
 22 2019-08-30T01:01:23  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
 23 2019-08-30T01:06:04  *** tsujp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 24 2019-08-30T01:10:38  <fanquake> Thanks sipa
 25 2019-08-30T01:16:20  *** liberiga has quit IRC
 26 2019-08-30T01:18:30  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 27 2019-08-30T01:19:58  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 28 2019-08-30T01:20:16  <instagibbs> fanquake, im pretty much a pro don't worry
 29 2019-08-30T01:22:03  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 30 2019-08-30T01:23:01  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 31 2019-08-30T01:23:02  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/74da99e01074...a8ecd0dadaab
 32 2019-08-30T01:23:02  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 798a589 Sebastian Falbesoner: wallet: extract PubKey from P2PK script with Solver
 33 2019-08-30T01:23:03  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a8ecd0d fanquake: Merge #16753: wallet: extract PubKey from P2PK script with Solver
 34 2019-08-30T01:23:05  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 35 2019-08-30T01:23:29  <meshcollider> fanquake: Oh I was just about to review it haha
 36 2019-08-30T01:23:53  <meshcollider> 👍
 37 2019-08-30T01:23:56  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 38 2019-08-30T01:23:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #16753: wallet: extract PubKey from P2PK script with Solver (master...extractpubkey_with_solver) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16753
 39 2019-08-30T01:23:59  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 40 2019-08-30T01:25:02  <fanquake> meshcollider: hah sorry. If you still want something to review I'd suggest #16724 instead.
 41 2019-08-30T01:25:04  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16724 | wallet: Remove redundant wpkh script import by bhinesley · Pull Request #16724 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 42 2019-08-30T01:34:37  *** tryphe_ has quit IRC
 43 2019-08-30T01:35:01  *** tryphe_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 44 2019-08-30T01:43:34  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 45 2019-08-30T01:52:22  *** kcalvinalvin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 46 2019-08-30T02:02:27  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
 47 2019-08-30T02:06:16  *** emilengler_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 48 2019-08-30T02:08:22  *** emilengler has quit IRC
 49 2019-08-30T02:16:20  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 50 2019-08-30T02:23:16  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
 51 2019-08-30T02:28:13  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 52 2019-08-30T02:28:13  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/a8ecd0dadaab...f5db3f2128f0
 53 2019-08-30T02:28:14  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8b6f5aa Hennadii Stepanov: qt: Replace QFontMetrics::width() with TextWidth()
 54 2019-08-30T02:28:14  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f5db3f2 fanquake: Merge #16758: qt: Replace QFontMetrics::width() with TextWidth()
 55 2019-08-30T02:28:16  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 56 2019-08-30T02:29:12  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 57 2019-08-30T02:29:12  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #16758: qt: Replace QFontMetrics::width() with TextWidth() (master...20190829-pr16701-followup) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16758
 58 2019-08-30T02:29:25  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 59 2019-08-30T02:34:37  *** tryphe_ has quit IRC
 60 2019-08-30T02:35:02  *** tryphe_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 61 2019-08-30T02:36:16  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 62 2019-08-30T02:42:58  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
 63 2019-08-30T02:43:07  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 64 2019-08-30T02:45:49  *** rafalcpp_ has quit IRC
 65 2019-08-30T02:46:02  *** rafalcpp_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 66 2019-08-30T02:47:29  *** seeder has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 67 2019-08-30T03:00:02  *** limpkin1 has quit IRC
 68 2019-08-30T03:13:17  *** kcalvinalvin has quit IRC
 69 2019-08-30T03:21:55  *** kcalvinalvin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 70 2019-08-30T03:31:55  *** IGHOR has quit IRC
 71 2019-08-30T03:34:38  *** tryphe_ has quit IRC
 72 2019-08-30T03:35:02  *** tryphe_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 73 2019-08-30T03:36:41  *** IGHOR has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 74 2019-08-30T03:40:58  *** tryphe_ is now known as tryphe
 75 2019-08-30T03:44:52  *** wez has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 76 2019-08-30T03:45:14  *** kcalvinalvin has quit IRC
 77 2019-08-30T03:57:52  *** hebasto has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 78 2019-08-30T04:01:32  *** kcalvinalvin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 79 2019-08-30T04:08:33  *** hebasto has quit IRC
 80 2019-08-30T04:10:44  *** promag has quit IRC
 81 2019-08-30T04:12:27  *** hhhhhhhhhhh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 82 2019-08-30T04:13:08  *** kcalvinalvin has quit IRC
 83 2019-08-30T04:19:14  *** BlueMatt has quit IRC
 84 2019-08-30T04:31:27  *** BlueMatt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 85 2019-08-30T04:32:28  *** xzytrewq has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 86 2019-08-30T04:34:38  *** tryphe has quit IRC
 87 2019-08-30T04:35:02  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 88 2019-08-30T04:36:16  *** jtimon has quit IRC
 89 2019-08-30T04:43:26  *** hhhhhhhhhhh has quit IRC
 90 2019-08-30T04:43:43  *** hhhhhhhhhhh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 91 2019-08-30T04:57:11  *** seeder has quit IRC
 92 2019-08-30T05:23:46  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 93 2019-08-30T05:34:38  *** tryphe has quit IRC
 94 2019-08-30T05:35:04  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 95 2019-08-30T05:59:31  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 96 2019-08-30T06:00:02  *** wez has quit IRC
 97 2019-08-30T06:00:18  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 98 2019-08-30T06:00:56  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
 99 2019-08-30T06:16:38  *** devdsp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
100 2019-08-30T06:35:50  *** rafalcpp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
101 2019-08-30T06:36:36  *** rafalcpp_ has quit IRC
102 2019-08-30T06:36:56  *** rafalcpp has quit IRC
103 2019-08-30T06:55:02  *** ExEric3 has quit IRC
104 2019-08-30T06:55:46  *** ExEric3 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
105 2019-08-30T06:56:00  *** ccdle12 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
106 2019-08-30T07:15:52  *** hhhhhhhhhhh has quit IRC
107 2019-08-30T07:17:27  *** ccdle12 has quit IRC
108 2019-08-30T07:18:50  *** ccdle12 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
109 2019-08-30T07:22:50  *** kcalvinalvin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
110 2019-08-30T07:33:49  *** ccdle12 has quit IRC
111 2019-08-30T07:42:29  *** ccdle12 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
112 2019-08-30T07:51:27  *** jungly has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
113 2019-08-30T07:57:30  *** ExEric3 has quit IRC
114 2019-08-30T07:58:23  *** ExEric3 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
115 2019-08-30T08:30:02  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
116 2019-08-30T08:31:09  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
117 2019-08-30T08:35:08  *** tryphe has quit IRC
118 2019-08-30T08:35:36  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
119 2019-08-30T08:37:38  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
120 2019-08-30T08:48:31  <fanquake> darosior: I've rebooted those tests for you.
121 2019-08-30T08:48:45  <darosior> Thank you :)
122 2019-08-30T08:52:07  *** jnewbery has quit IRC
123 2019-08-30T08:52:22  *** jnewbery has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
124 2019-08-30T08:54:21  *** sdaftuar has quit IRC
125 2019-08-30T08:54:53  *** sdaftuar has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
126 2019-08-30T08:55:36  *** kcalvinalvin has quit IRC
127 2019-08-30T08:55:59  *** kcalvinalvin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
128 2019-08-30T09:00:02  *** devdsp has quit IRC
129 2019-08-30T09:02:51  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
130 2019-08-30T09:09:49  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
131 2019-08-30T09:12:56  *** kcalvinalvin has quit IRC
132 2019-08-30T09:17:37  *** donri has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2019-08-30T09:28:03  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
134 2019-08-30T09:33:01  *** cryptoIn_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
135 2019-08-30T09:36:22  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
136 2019-08-30T09:45:34  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
137 2019-08-30T10:10:06  *** promag has quit IRC
138 2019-08-30T10:10:26  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
139 2019-08-30T10:10:42  *** cryptoIn_ has quit IRC
140 2019-08-30T10:11:45  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
141 2019-08-30T10:14:58  *** tsujp has quit IRC
142 2019-08-30T10:15:53  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
143 2019-08-30T10:23:44  *** promag has quit IRC
144 2019-08-30T10:23:45  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
145 2019-08-30T10:23:45  *** Bullitje has quit IRC
146 2019-08-30T10:23:45  *** Karyon has quit IRC
147 2019-08-30T10:23:45  *** fox2p has quit IRC
148 2019-08-30T10:23:45  *** dongcarl has quit IRC
149 2019-08-30T10:23:45  *** hardforkthis has quit IRC
150 2019-08-30T10:23:45  *** rabidus has quit IRC
151 2019-08-30T10:23:45  *** slimcognito has quit IRC
152 2019-08-30T10:23:45  *** Lauda has quit IRC
153 2019-08-30T10:23:45  *** commavir has quit IRC
154 2019-08-30T10:23:46  *** nanotube has quit IRC
155 2019-08-30T10:23:46  *** comboy has quit IRC
156 2019-08-30T10:23:46  *** gkrizek has quit IRC
157 2019-08-30T10:23:46  *** lio17 has quit IRC
158 2019-08-30T10:23:46  *** a5m0 has quit IRC
159 2019-08-30T10:23:46  *** asoltys has quit IRC
160 2019-08-30T10:23:46  *** adam3us has quit IRC
161 2019-08-30T10:23:48  *** tryphe has quit IRC
162 2019-08-30T10:23:49  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
163 2019-08-30T10:23:49  *** Victor_sueca has quit IRC
164 2019-08-30T10:23:49  *** jcorgan has quit IRC
165 2019-08-30T10:23:49  *** spinza has quit IRC
166 2019-08-30T10:23:49  *** sleepych has quit IRC
167 2019-08-30T10:23:49  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
168 2019-08-30T10:23:50  *** davec has quit IRC
169 2019-08-30T10:23:50  *** adiabat has quit IRC
170 2019-08-30T10:23:50  *** shtirlic has quit IRC
171 2019-08-30T10:23:50  *** Evel-Knievel has quit IRC
172 2019-08-30T10:23:50  *** ppisati has quit IRC
173 2019-08-30T10:23:50  *** andytoshi has quit IRC
174 2019-08-30T10:23:50  *** cdecker has quit IRC
175 2019-08-30T10:23:50  *** tynes has quit IRC
176 2019-08-30T10:23:50  *** dmkathayat has quit IRC
177 2019-08-30T10:23:50  *** earlz has quit IRC
178 2019-08-30T10:23:50  *** Jaamg has quit IRC
179 2019-08-30T10:23:50  *** hirish has quit IRC
180 2019-08-30T10:23:50  *** nodweber has quit IRC
181 2019-08-30T10:23:50  *** so has quit IRC
182 2019-08-30T10:23:54  *** adam3us has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
183 2019-08-30T10:23:57  *** slimcognito_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
184 2019-08-30T10:24:04  *** comboy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
185 2019-08-30T10:24:06  *** rabidus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
186 2019-08-30T10:24:06  *** asoltys has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
187 2019-08-30T10:24:21  *** dongcarl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
188 2019-08-30T10:24:22  *** Bullitje has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
189 2019-08-30T10:24:27  *** cdecker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
190 2019-08-30T10:25:45  *** gribble has quit IRC
191 2019-08-30T10:25:53  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
192 2019-08-30T10:26:05  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
193 2019-08-30T10:26:08  *** lio17 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
194 2019-08-30T10:26:19  *** sleepych has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
195 2019-08-30T10:26:21  *** Evel-Knievel has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
196 2019-08-30T10:26:54  *** hirish has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
197 2019-08-30T10:27:08  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
198 2019-08-30T10:27:32  *** Lauda has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
199 2019-08-30T10:27:32  *** tynes has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
200 2019-08-30T10:27:35  *** Lauda has quit IRC
201 2019-08-30T10:27:36  *** Lauda has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
202 2019-08-30T10:27:38  *** shtirlic has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
203 2019-08-30T10:27:39  *** dmkathayat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
204 2019-08-30T10:27:45  *** a5m0 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
205 2019-08-30T10:27:57  *** Karyon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
206 2019-08-30T10:28:38  *** fox2p has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
207 2019-08-30T10:28:51  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
208 2019-08-30T10:29:06  *** Jaamg has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
209 2019-08-30T10:29:07  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
210 2019-08-30T10:29:11  *** gribble has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
211 2019-08-30T10:29:12  *** nodweber has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
212 2019-08-30T10:29:27  *** earlz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
213 2019-08-30T10:29:32  *** jcorgan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
214 2019-08-30T10:29:32  *** ppisati has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
215 2019-08-30T10:29:38  *** commavir has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
216 2019-08-30T10:29:44  *** andytoshi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
217 2019-08-30T10:29:44  *** andytoshi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
218 2019-08-30T10:30:02  *** ccdle12 has quit IRC
219 2019-08-30T10:30:32  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
220 2019-08-30T10:31:22  *** nanotube has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
221 2019-08-30T10:32:07  *** ccdle12 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
222 2019-08-30T10:39:43  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
223 2019-08-30T10:40:49  *** adiabat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
224 2019-08-30T10:48:12  *** gelmutshmidt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
225 2019-08-30T10:50:40  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
226 2019-08-30T10:58:10  *** shesek has quit IRC
227 2019-08-30T11:03:00  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
228 2019-08-30T11:09:36  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
229 2019-08-30T11:11:55  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
230 2019-08-30T11:15:36  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
231 2019-08-30T11:18:21  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
232 2019-08-30T11:27:28  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
233 2019-08-30T11:31:43  *** jonatack has quit IRC
234 2019-08-30T11:44:12  <meshcollider> Reminder that wallet meeting is this week
235 2019-08-30T11:54:00  *** gelmutshmidt has quit IRC
236 2019-08-30T12:00:02  *** donri has quit IRC
237 2019-08-30T12:05:37  *** emilengler_ is now known as emilengler
238 2019-08-30T12:10:37  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
239 2019-08-30T12:17:36  *** geekosaur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
240 2019-08-30T12:17:59  *** geekosaur is now known as Guest97834
241 2019-08-30T12:19:21  *** TheHoliestRoger is now known as TheresaMay
242 2019-08-30T13:02:15  *** spaced0ut has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
243 2019-08-30T13:02:36  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
244 2019-08-30T13:09:38  *** promag has quit IRC
245 2019-08-30T13:25:21  *** lightlike has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
246 2019-08-30T13:35:38  *** tryphe has quit IRC
247 2019-08-30T13:36:04  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
248 2019-08-30T13:38:45  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
249 2019-08-30T13:51:52  *** sipa has quit IRC
250 2019-08-30T13:54:24  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
251 2019-08-30T13:58:40  *** sipa has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
252 2019-08-30T14:12:12  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
253 2019-08-30T14:20:45  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
254 2019-08-30T14:27:35  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
255 2019-08-30T14:36:08  *** tryphe has quit IRC
256 2019-08-30T14:36:36  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
257 2019-08-30T14:43:02  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
258 2019-08-30T14:52:24  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
259 2019-08-30T15:00:01  *** Guest97834 has quit IRC
260 2019-08-30T15:02:43  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
261 2019-08-30T15:04:24  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
262 2019-08-30T15:23:20  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
263 2019-08-30T15:26:21  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
264 2019-08-30T15:27:41  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
265 2019-08-30T15:32:58  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
266 2019-08-30T15:32:58  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] GChuf opened pull request #16764: gui: update description for default language (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16764
267 2019-08-30T15:33:02  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
268 2019-08-30T15:36:08  *** tryphe has quit IRC
269 2019-08-30T15:36:36  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
270 2019-08-30T15:45:18  *** jbarnette has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
271 2019-08-30T15:49:48  *** Salve has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
272 2019-08-30T16:04:29  *** alko has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
273 2019-08-30T16:17:08  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
274 2019-08-30T16:19:24  *** kljasdfvv has quit IRC
275 2019-08-30T16:32:18  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
276 2019-08-30T16:36:08  *** tryphe has quit IRC
277 2019-08-30T16:36:33  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
278 2019-08-30T16:40:53  *** m1rror has quit IRC
279 2019-08-30T16:41:21  *** m1rror has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
280 2019-08-30T16:47:07  *** Emcy has quit IRC
281 2019-08-30T16:52:12  *** jungly has quit IRC
282 2019-08-30T17:01:35  *** jamesob has left #bitcoin-core-dev
283 2019-08-30T17:01:43  *** jamesob has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
284 2019-08-30T17:04:56  *** lowentropy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
285 2019-08-30T17:06:53  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
286 2019-08-30T17:10:33  *** TheresaMay is now known as Holiest
287 2019-08-30T17:10:41  *** Holiest is now known as HoliestRoger
288 2019-08-30T17:10:45  *** HoliestRoger is now known as group
289 2019-08-30T17:10:49  *** group is now known as HoliestRoger
290 2019-08-30T17:11:52  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
291 2019-08-30T17:20:11  *** liberiga has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
292 2019-08-30T17:24:49  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
293 2019-08-30T17:36:08  *** tryphe has quit IRC
294 2019-08-30T17:36:16  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
295 2019-08-30T17:36:32  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
296 2019-08-30T17:38:38  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
297 2019-08-30T17:46:40  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
298 2019-08-30T17:55:01  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
299 2019-08-30T17:55:01  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] GChuf closed pull request #16764: gui: update description for default language (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16764
300 2019-08-30T17:55:04  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
301 2019-08-30T18:00:02  *** owowo has quit IRC
302 2019-08-30T18:00:02  *** jbarnette has quit IRC
303 2019-08-30T18:01:22  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
304 2019-08-30T18:01:39  <jeremyrubin> For IsTrusted, can someone explain why we don't recursively call istrusted on the parent?
305 2019-08-30T18:02:13  <jeremyrubin> Currently we iterate over the inputs and check IsMine != Spendable
306 2019-08-30T18:03:17  <jeremyrubin> Is that sufficient if we're spending from an unconfirmed tx?
307 2019-08-30T18:11:43  *** sleepych has quit IRC
308 2019-08-30T18:15:32  *** cprofitt1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
309 2019-08-30T18:30:16  *** jarthur_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
310 2019-08-30T18:33:48  *** jarthur has quit IRC
311 2019-08-30T18:37:02  *** ccdle12 has quit IRC
312 2019-08-30T18:49:28  *** jamesob has left #bitcoin-core-dev
313 2019-08-30T18:50:13  *** jamesob has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
314 2019-08-30T18:50:19  <jamesob> can anyone hear me yet?
315 2019-08-30T18:50:55  <achow101> jamesob: shout louder
316 2019-08-30T18:51:02  <jamesob> achow101: hah thanks
317 2019-08-30T18:52:58  *** ccdle12 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
318 2019-08-30T18:53:23  <jamesob> sipa: apologies, tried replying to your question but freenode had me muted (or something). haven't tried sparsehash for chainstate but in general it looked not to perform as well as the robin_hood map. is there some reason in particular you think it'd be worth trying?
319 2019-08-30T18:53:54  <instagibbs> jeremyrubin, I *think* it's by induction? if the previous output with !IsTrusted parent exists, you won't spend, right?
320 2019-08-30T18:54:08  <instagibbs> if somehow you did, say raw API, well SFYL I guess
321 2019-08-30T18:54:18  *** Emcy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
322 2019-08-30T18:54:47  *** jarthur_ has quit IRC
323 2019-08-30T19:00:25  <meshcollider> #startmeeting
324 2019-08-30T19:00:25  <lightningbot> Meeting started Fri Aug 30 19:00:25 2019 UTC.  The chair is meshcollider. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
325 2019-08-30T19:00:25  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
326 2019-08-30T19:00:30  <meshcollider> #bitcoin-core-dev Wallet Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball
327 2019-08-30T19:00:33  <instagibbs> hi
328 2019-08-30T19:00:35  <achow101> hi
329 2019-08-30T19:00:35  <kanzure> hi
330 2019-08-30T19:00:44  <provoostenator> hi
331 2019-08-30T19:00:51  <meshcollider> Topics this week?
332 2019-08-30T19:00:52  <awesome-doge> hi
333 2019-08-30T19:00:55  <wumpus> hi
334 2019-08-30T19:01:13  <sipa> hi
335 2019-08-30T19:01:20  <instagibbs> might need some assist reasoning about safety of new arg in #11413
336 2019-08-30T19:01:23  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11413 | [wallet] [rpc] sendtoaddress/sendmany: Add explicit feerate option by kallewoof · Pull Request #11413 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
337 2019-08-30T19:01:51  <instagibbs> I'd like to use the X sat/B etc style as well for my bumpfee PR
338 2019-08-30T19:02:22  <jtimon> I guess #16524 could be on-topic for this meeting?
339 2019-08-30T19:02:24  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16524 | Wallet: Disable -fallbackfee by default by jtimon · Pull Request #16524 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
340 2019-08-30T19:02:52  <sipa> i'll try to have a first miniscript pr ready today
341 2019-08-30T19:02:59  <achow101> woo miniscript
342 2019-08-30T19:03:01  <meshcollider> instagibbs: is that a request for comment in the PR or do you want to discuss it here?
343 2019-08-30T19:03:26  <meshcollider> sipa: exciting! :)
344 2019-08-30T19:03:52  <instagibbs> meshcollider, the thread I guess? Unless someone has Strong Opinions
345 2019-08-30T19:04:17  <instagibbs> problem with that PR is that it's hijacking the conf_target arg, which already has meaning without unit
346 2019-08-30T19:04:19  <provoostenator> Probably good to discuss here,
347 2019-08-30T19:04:34  <instagibbs> ok I propose as topic then
348 2019-08-30T19:04:53  <meshcollider> #topic explicit feerate option (instagibbs)
349 2019-08-30T19:05:12  <provoostenator> The easiest would be to make it mandotary to specify, but that is a breaking change.
350 2019-08-30T19:06:05  <instagibbs> Right, it's really hard to do it safely without that, even if you don't re-purposed conf_target(unless you have 0 mean not using it?)
351 2019-08-30T19:06:46  <provoostenator> I'm going to guess that most automated systems already set the estimate_mode param
352 2019-08-30T19:07:01  <provoostenator> So those won't be affected.
353 2019-08-30T19:08:28  *** laptop500 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
354 2019-08-30T19:08:31  <provoostenator> If we deprecate & remove the "UNSET" (default) the error will at least be very clear and easy to detect if someone doesn't read the release notes.
355 2019-08-30T19:08:39  <provoostenator> But maybe that's already going to far.
356 2019-08-30T19:08:57  <instagibbs> that means really basic usage will break
357 2019-08-30T19:09:05  <instagibbs> forcing -cli users to put in tons of args
358 2019-08-30T19:09:24  <provoostenator> Forcing -cli users to specifiy what they mean with the fee rate seems reasonable to me.
359 2019-08-30T19:09:44  <instagibbs> and the comment, comment-to, subtract fee from dest...
360 2019-08-30T19:10:22  <achow101> named args gets around having to specify everything else
361 2019-08-30T19:10:34  <provoostenator> I don't know if we can change the order to mvoe the fee rate first, in such a way that old invocations are guaranteed to fail
362 2019-08-30T19:10:54  <achow101> I would rather not requiring users to have to specify the fee rate
363 2019-08-30T19:11:23  <provoostenator> Ideally I would like "sendtoaddress AMOUNT ADDRESS FEE_RATE sat/B"
364 2019-08-30T19:11:41  <instagibbs> new RPC command time? :P
365 2019-08-30T19:11:46  <instagibbs> time to scope creep
366 2019-08-30T19:12:01  <achow101> provoostenator has some ultimate send rpc pr
367 2019-08-30T19:12:07  <instagibbs> hmm that's true
368 2019-08-30T19:12:08  <provoostenator> #16378
369 2019-08-30T19:12:10  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16378 | [WIP] The ultimate send RPC by Sjors · Pull Request #16378 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
370 2019-08-30T19:12:10  <provoostenator> I was tempted
371 2019-08-30T19:12:21  <achow101> maybe we should deprecate all the existing send rpcs and just make one that doesn't suck?
372 2019-08-30T19:12:29  <provoostenator> But problem is, it'll be nice for a year or two, and then it sucks again.
373 2019-08-30T19:12:48  <provoostenator> But I'm happy to reopen.
374 2019-08-30T19:12:57  <sipa> mandatory xkcd: https://xkcd.com/927/
375 2019-08-30T19:13:01  <achow101> new rpcs: sendv1, sendv2, sendv3...
376 2019-08-30T19:13:19  <provoostenator> Having a new RPC that's safe to use for newbies and useful for advanced forlks, might be worth doing.
377 2019-08-30T19:14:20  <instagibbs> maybe brainstorm on how to make changes easier in the future. e.g., require units in args rather than implicit, I don't know
378 2019-08-30T19:14:33  <provoostenator> It'd be useful to have an idea of what extra stuff we want that RPC to do in light of miniscript and multisig.
379 2019-08-30T19:14:41  <provoostenator> Hopefully "nothing"
380 2019-08-30T19:15:28  <instagibbs> If no one has objections to the "Xsat/B" type format I can roll with that for my PR at least
381 2019-08-30T19:15:44  <achow101> ideally we would also have fee per weight unit too
382 2019-08-30T19:15:46  <provoostenator> We could do something pedanctic like a 5 second delay that the user can abort with ctrl + c, if and only if the user didn't set an explicit argument.
383 2019-08-30T19:16:01  <instagibbs> s/Wu :) c-lightning feelz
384 2019-08-30T19:16:04  <achow101> I would prefer a single arg that specifies the unit at the end
385 2019-08-30T19:16:42  <provoostenator> single arg with unit at the end has my preference too. As well as consistency between RPC calls.
386 2019-08-30T19:17:17  <instagibbs> ok, I'll at least adapt my PR with a "standard" proposal
387 2019-08-30T19:17:17  <meshcollider> Yes that seems clean
388 2019-08-30T19:17:30  <instagibbs> then we can parse them all the same way in the future
389 2019-08-30T19:17:33  <meshcollider> So what about kalle's PR
390 2019-08-30T19:17:33  <instagibbs> with same code
391 2019-08-30T19:17:40  <instagibbs> that's complicated. I don't really know.
392 2019-08-30T19:17:52  <instagibbs> deprecate non-specified is the safe behavior
393 2019-08-30T19:18:26  <instagibbs> non-specified unit*
394 2019-08-30T19:19:52  <instagibbs> maybe kallewoof will have something to say when he awakes
395 2019-08-30T19:20:21  <instagibbs> end topic I guess
396 2019-08-30T19:21:09  <meshcollider> #topic disable -fallbackfee (jtimon)
397 2019-08-30T19:21:33  <meshcollider> #16542
398 2019-08-30T19:21:35  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16542 | Return more specific errors about invalid descriptors by achow101 · Pull Request #16542 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
399 2019-08-30T19:21:38  <meshcollider> Oops
400 2019-08-30T19:21:55  <meshcollider> #16524
401 2019-08-30T19:21:57  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16524 | Wallet: Disable -fallbackfee by default by jtimon · Pull Request #16524 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
402 2019-08-30T19:22:22  <jtimon> so what the PR does is having the same defualt for regtest as it has on mainnet, simply decoupling it from the chainparams stuff
403 2019-08-30T19:23:13  <achow101> isn't the fallbackkfee useful though?
404 2019-08-30T19:23:21  <instagibbs> it's useful to just have tests "Go"
405 2019-08-30T19:23:49  <jtimon> it can still be used, you just don't have a different default for regtest
406 2019-08-30T19:24:14  <instagibbs> so this is mostly just to pull it out of the chainparams?
407 2019-08-30T19:24:42  <jtimon> I mean, I assume at some point we may want to change mainnet's default, but I think that's kind of orthogonal
408 2019-08-30T19:24:50  <jtimon> instagibbs: yes
409 2019-08-30T19:25:30  <meshcollider> Well it's not really "in" chainparams
410 2019-08-30T19:26:20  <instagibbs> I guess I'm -0 on it, unless I see "where it's going" with follow-on changes? network-specific behavior outside of consensus params aren't going away..
411 2019-08-30T19:26:33  <jtimon> well, it is, it was just renamed to IsTestChain to couple it with another chainparams that says whether your chain allows you to set acceptnonstdtxs to true or not
412 2019-08-30T19:27:26  <jtimon> I have 2 follow up PRs, but they're more related to chainparams than to the wallet: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16527 and https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16526
413 2019-08-30T19:28:35  <jtimon> I mean, I guess this is removign a feature, but is it really that important? is it that harsh to ask regtest and testnet users to set -fallbackfee explicitly?
414 2019-08-30T19:28:50  <instagibbs> it's one sticking point that requires a restart
415 2019-08-30T19:29:09  <instagibbs> that basically any one-off regtest users is going to have to remember to do
416 2019-08-30T19:29:21  <instagibbs> anyways, maybe im off base
417 2019-08-30T19:29:32  <meshcollider> Regtest will rarely have enough data for fee estimation so it is kinda annoying to have to set it every time but I'm -0 too I guess
418 2019-08-30T19:29:44  <jtimon> I guess you won't like #16527 either then
419 2019-08-30T19:29:46  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16527 | B: Get rid of Params().RequireStandard() by jtimon · Pull Request #16527 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
420 2019-08-30T19:30:11  <instagibbs> well that won't help/stop "sendtoaddress" from working
421 2019-08-30T19:30:22  <instagibbs> which the fallback PR would
422 2019-08-30T19:30:56  <instagibbs> I think it's case by case
423 2019-08-30T19:31:02  <provoostenator> It wouldn't be too bad if "1 sat/B" exists
424 2019-08-30T19:31:04  <jtimon> so if we don't want to do this, can we at least rename it back to what it was instead of coupling it with other unrelated things with IsTestChain?
425 2019-08-30T19:31:30  <instagibbs> could also just decouple it yeah
426 2019-08-30T19:33:12  <jtimon> any more thoughts? if people agree with instagibbs I think that's it
427 2019-08-30T19:33:22  <jtimon> that's it forf this topic, I mean
428 2019-08-30T19:33:32  <meshcollider> Yeah I agree with instagibbs here
429 2019-08-30T19:34:03  <meshcollider> sipa: did you want to talk about miniscript or was that just a PSA
430 2019-08-30T19:34:11  <jtimon> cool, but to be clear, we agree on decoupling the IsTestChain stuff ?
431 2019-08-30T19:34:12  <sipa> i guess
432 2019-08-30T19:34:17  <instagibbs> jtimon, concept ACK
433 2019-08-30T19:34:25  <instagibbs> (only speaking for self)
434 2019-08-30T19:34:29  <jtimon> cool, thanks
435 2019-08-30T19:35:04  <instagibbs> sipa, wasn't a yes or no question :P
436 2019-08-30T19:35:27  <jtimon> sure, anyone feel free to express any nuances
437 2019-08-30T19:35:40  <sipa> so there are really 4 different places miniscript can be integrated into: descriptors themselves (like, be able to write them, check them, compute addresses from), descriptor inference (finding a miniscript descriptor for a miniscript-compatible script), signing (including psbt update/finalize), and size estimation
438 2019-08-30T19:35:52  <meshcollider> #topic miniscript (sipa)
439 2019-08-30T19:36:20  <sipa> i'm working on a PR that includes just the first one (and maybe the second one), because the latter ones add quite a bit of complexity
440 2019-08-30T19:36:28  <sipa> of course, it's also kinda pointless without the last ones
441 2019-08-30T19:37:07  <achow101> I think 1 and 3 are the most useful to have first
442 2019-08-30T19:37:21  <provoostenator> sipa: does miniscript (or your PR) help with the open issue of composing descriptors (as opposed to parsing string)?
443 2019-08-30T19:37:46  <provoostenator> E.g. for hardware wallet support it'd be nice if we can get an xpub from the device and make a descriptor.
444 2019-08-30T19:37:52  <provoostenator> Which currently involves hacking strings.
445 2019-08-30T19:38:04  <sipa> no
446 2019-08-30T19:38:08  <sipa> haven't looked at that
447 2019-08-30T19:38:21  <meshcollider> provoostenator: open issue? Isn't that just an implementation feature
448 2019-08-30T19:38:30  <provoostenator> Not literally an issue
449 2019-08-30T19:38:38  <sipa> yeahh it's an imetail
450 2019-08-30T19:38:43  <sipa> could be fixed with a bit of refactoring
451 2019-08-30T19:38:50  <sipa> yeah it's an implementation detail
452 2019-08-30T19:39:07  <sipa> why is my keyboard randomly dropping some letters
453 2019-08-30T19:39:20  <provoostenator> Kind of. It gets more interesting with multisig
454 2019-08-30T19:39:23  <sipa> achow101: 3 without 4 is a bit scary
455 2019-08-30T19:39:33  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
456 2019-08-30T19:39:34  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] godfrey-cw opened pull request #16765: Documentation for `systemd` troubleshooting (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16765
457 2019-08-30T19:39:35  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
458 2019-08-30T19:39:50  <sipa> right now we do size estimation just using the dummy signer... which works fine for single sig and multisig because every witness has the same size
459 2019-08-30T19:40:02  <gwillen> 16IBtbcikinvnffggjcutlcrevrijukb
460 2019-08-30T19:40:11  <sipa> gwillen: no begging!
461 2019-08-30T19:40:34  <sipa> but with more complicated things it would result in the lowest possible sizes across all possible witnesses
462 2019-08-30T19:40:52  <sipa> so that may cause fee underestimation
463 2019-08-30T19:40:56  <provoostenator> That's probably not actually gwillen.
464 2019-08-30T19:41:58  <gwillen> oops, sorry
465 2019-08-30T19:42:00  <gwillen> that's no an address
466 2019-08-30T19:42:05  <gwillen> it's an OTP from a yubikey
467 2019-08-30T19:42:09  <sipa> haha
468 2019-08-30T19:42:11  <provoostenator> LOL
469 2019-08-30T19:42:25  <sipa> anyway, there'll be more to discuss when i have code to show
470 2019-08-30T19:42:45  <achow101> sipa: maybe temporarily limit signing to single key until size estimation is in?
471 2019-08-30T19:42:56  <achow101> like have it all there, but put some gate in the caller
472 2019-08-30T19:43:19  <achow101> s/single key/things we already sign for
473 2019-08-30T19:43:53  <sipa> but it's an interesting question how to structure things; in particular, the internal satisfaction code is very useful to test other parts of the miniscript logic (e.g., do randomized tests that show the stack size never exceeds the statically predicted max stack size)
474 2019-08-30T19:44:13  <sipa> even if it isn't exposed yet because of lack of 4
475 2019-08-30T19:45:11  <meshcollider> sipa: sounds good yeah
476 2019-08-30T19:45:15  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
477 2019-08-30T19:46:01  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
478 2019-08-30T19:46:01  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] JeremyRubin opened pull request #16766: Make IsTrusted scan parents recursively (master...recursive-istrusted) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16766
479 2019-08-30T19:46:02  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
480 2019-08-30T19:46:06  <meshcollider> Ok we wait for pr then
481 2019-08-30T19:46:10  <meshcollider> Any other topics?
482 2019-08-30T19:47:06  <jeremyrubin> Well it is wallet related, but if anyone wants to look at the PR I just opened would be thankful.
483 2019-08-30T19:47:51  <jeremyrubin> Trying to patch in covenant detection for OP_SECURETHEBAG so that you know if you can trust funds have been paid
484 2019-08-30T19:48:09  <jeremyrubin> But the lack of recursive trust seems like a bug because it breaks transitivity
485 2019-08-30T19:48:58  <sipa> jeremyrubin: can you give an example of how parents could be untrusted but a child is false marked as trusted?
486 2019-08-30T19:49:37  <jeremyrubin> Sure
487 2019-08-30T19:50:11  <jeremyrubin> Suppose I have a txn B which I generated from a output A.0
488 2019-08-30T19:50:38  <jeremyrubin> A.0 ISMINE_SPENDABLE
489 2019-08-30T19:51:10  <jeremyrubin> But transaction A has an input Z.0 which is not ISMINESPENDABLE
490 2019-08-30T19:51:41  <sipa> which of these are confirmed?
491 2019-08-30T19:52:04  <jeremyrubin> None have to be I think
492 2019-08-30T19:54:02  <sipa> right so you have Z,A,B in the mempool, and A will be correctly marked as !IsTrusted(), but B will be marked as IsTrusted
493 2019-08-30T19:54:44  <jeremyrubin> Yeah that sounds right
494 2019-08-30T19:55:48  <meshcollider> I thought transactions in the mempool are always untrusted
495 2019-08-30T19:55:51  <jeremyrubin> Z also has to be a wallettx I think, which can be accomplished by having a Z.10 which ismine (so we're tacking it)
496 2019-08-30T19:56:40  <meshcollider> Dw ignore me
497 2019-08-30T19:56:45  <jeremyrubin> No, if the txn ISMINE_SPENDABLE then in theory only we can spend it (we should probably be checking ISMINE and NOT IS_SOMEONEELSES or something too for complex scripts)
498 2019-08-30T19:57:17  <sipa> jeremyrubin: multisig is currently never ISMINE_SPENDABLE, unless you literally have all the keys in your wallet (not even just the threshold)
499 2019-08-30T19:57:23  <jeremyrubin> Cool
500 2019-08-30T19:57:25  <jeremyrubin> Wasn't sure
501 2019-08-30T19:57:34  <sipa> i think that's a horrible mistake, though :)
502 2019-08-30T19:57:48  <sipa> ownership of funds shouldn't be tied to control over keys
503 2019-08-30T19:58:22  <jeremyrubin> In any case, I think that the recursive check fixes the edge condition
504 2019-08-30T19:58:46  <sipa> the performance impact is scary
505 2019-08-30T19:59:18  <sipa> you can construct a graph of transactions that makes this computation explode without caching
506 2019-08-30T19:59:31  <jeremyrubin> I think it's OK given the limits on longchain in the mempool
507 2019-08-30T19:59:40  <sipa> i'm not sure
508 2019-08-30T19:59:55  <jeremyrubin> It would also be OK to construct a cache per call to IsTrusted
509 2019-08-30T20:00:07  <jeremyrubin> but caching across calls to IsTrusted is a bit finicky
510 2019-08-30T20:00:20  <jeremyrubin> Would that sort of caching be happier sipa?
511 2019-08-30T20:01:10  <sipa> yeah
512 2019-08-30T20:01:32  <jeremyrubin> e.g., you can optionally pass a unordered_set<uint256> trustedParents to the call and you query against that and pass it on recursion
513 2019-08-30T20:02:00  <jeremyrubin> k I will modify it to work that way
514 2019-08-30T20:02:21  <meshcollider> #endmeeting
515 2019-08-30T20:02:21  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Fri Aug 30 20:02:21 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
516 2019-08-30T20:02:21  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-08-30-19.00.html
517 2019-08-30T20:02:21  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-08-30-19.00.txt
518 2019-08-30T20:02:21  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-08-30-19.00.log.html
519 2019-08-30T20:02:28  <sipa> a graph of transactions consisting of 25 levels, with 2 2-in-2-out transactions per level, each spending an output from each of the previous level's transactions
520 2019-08-30T20:02:38  <sipa> i think that would fit in the mempool
521 2019-08-30T20:02:48  <sipa> but cost 2^26 IsTrusted calls
522 2019-08-30T20:04:33  <sipa> with more outputs and inputs the base of the exponentiation goes up
523 2019-08-30T20:08:40  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
524 2019-08-30T20:13:30  *** Salve has quit IRC
525 2019-08-30T20:13:34  <jeremyrubin> Would you also prefer the code to be a non recursive loop?
526 2019-08-30T20:14:02  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
527 2019-08-30T20:16:52  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
528 2019-08-30T20:38:12  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
529 2019-08-30T20:42:47  <jeremyrubin> I think the recursion isn't too big a deal since we're at most up 25 levels -- lmk if you feel differently. I also decided to only cache the ones we detect as being trusted, but we could cache the untrusted ones as well
530 2019-08-30T20:43:34  <jeremyrubin> Caching untrusted seems less a big deal because it works out to be at most 25 (assuming a fully loaded trusted cache)
531 2019-08-30T20:52:31  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
532 2019-08-30T20:53:16  *** liberiga has quit IRC
533 2019-08-30T21:00:02  *** cprofitt1 has quit IRC
534 2019-08-30T21:02:55  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
535 2019-08-30T21:02:55  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] kristapsk opened pull request #16767: test: Check for codespell in lint-spelling.sh (master...check-for-codespell) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16767
536 2019-08-30T21:03:00  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
537 2019-08-30T21:08:40  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
538 2019-08-30T21:10:33  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
539 2019-08-30T21:10:58  *** instagibbs has quit IRC
540 2019-08-30T21:11:22  *** instagibbs has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
541 2019-08-30T21:11:32  *** iamtimmarchant has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
542 2019-08-30T21:14:17  *** laptop500 has quit IRC
543 2019-08-30T21:14:37  *** laptop500 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
544 2019-08-30T21:14:39  *** iamtimmarchant has quit IRC
545 2019-08-30T21:16:08  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
546 2019-08-30T21:16:47  *** laptop500 has quit IRC
547 2019-08-30T21:17:07  *** laptop500 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
548 2019-08-30T21:23:41  *** Randolf has quit IRC
549 2019-08-30T21:29:04  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
550 2019-08-30T21:29:04  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] kristapsk opened pull request #16768: test: Make lint-includes.sh work from any directory (master...lint-includes-anydir) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16768
551 2019-08-30T21:29:05  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
552 2019-08-30T21:33:53  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
553 2019-08-30T21:34:14  *** HoliestRoger is now known as TheHoliestRoger
554 2019-08-30T21:41:12  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
555 2019-08-30T21:43:11  *** mkrautz1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
556 2019-08-30T22:03:23  *** ccdle12 has quit IRC
557 2019-08-30T22:06:09  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
558 2019-08-30T22:11:36  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
559 2019-08-30T22:12:42  *** jarthur has quit IRC
560 2019-08-30T22:37:09  *** tryphe has quit IRC
561 2019-08-30T22:37:09  *** Giszmo has quit IRC
562 2019-08-30T22:37:35  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
563 2019-08-30T22:39:19  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
564 2019-08-30T23:23:59  *** davex_ has quit IRC
565 2019-08-30T23:24:22  *** davex__ has quit IRC
566 2019-08-30T23:24:25  *** davex_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
567 2019-08-30T23:25:30  *** davex__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
568 2019-08-30T23:37:08  *** tryphe has quit IRC
569 2019-08-30T23:37:32  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
570 2019-08-30T23:49:05  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
571 2019-08-30T23:50:09  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
572 2019-08-30T23:52:42  *** laptop500 has quit IRC
573 2019-08-30T23:55:03  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC