1 2019-09-19T00:00:02  *** lordnoid1 has quit IRC
  2 2019-09-19T00:13:12  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  3 2019-09-19T00:14:37  *** Eagle[TM] has quit IRC
  4 2019-09-19T00:17:17  *** jonhcw has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  5 2019-09-19T00:26:05  *** promag__ has quit IRC
  6 2019-09-19T00:28:14  *** KeepmbyourSide has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  7 2019-09-19T00:32:52  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  8 2019-09-19T00:37:08  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  9 2019-09-19T00:37:08  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ch4ot1c opened pull request #16913: build: Reorder a msvc macro (master...build/msvc-core-macros) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16913
 10 2019-09-19T00:37:19  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 11 2019-09-19T00:38:59  *** promag has quit IRC
 12 2019-09-19T00:49:09  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 13 2019-09-19T00:51:56  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 14 2019-09-19T00:51:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/59c138d2f149...9bf5768dd628
 15 2019-09-19T00:51:56  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c4b0c08 Gregory Sanders: Update tx-size-small comment with relevant CVE disclosure
 16 2019-09-19T00:51:57  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9bf5768 fanquake: Merge #16885: doc: Update tx-size-small comment with relevant CVE disclosu...
 17 2019-09-19T00:51:57  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 18 2019-09-19T00:52:16  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 19 2019-09-19T00:52:16  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #16885: doc: Update tx-size-small comment with relevant CVE disclosure (master...CVE-2017-12842_comment) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16885
 20 2019-09-19T00:52:17  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 21 2019-09-19T01:10:23  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
 22 2019-09-19T01:11:07  *** DeanGuss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2019-09-19T01:11:08  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 24 2019-09-19T01:13:52  *** skyikot has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 25 2019-09-19T01:27:22  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 26 2019-09-19T01:32:09  *** promag has quit IRC
 27 2019-09-19T01:32:41  *** Krellan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 28 2019-09-19T01:33:51  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 29 2019-09-19T01:33:51  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #16913: build: Reorder a msvc macro (master...build/msvc-core-macros) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16913
 30 2019-09-19T01:33:53  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 31 2019-09-19T01:36:08  *** Krellan has quit IRC
 32 2019-09-19T01:37:02  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 33 2019-09-19T01:43:18  *** clarkmoody has quit IRC
 34 2019-09-19T01:45:40  *** xzytrewq has quit IRC
 35 2019-09-19T01:56:24  *** KeepmbyourSide has quit IRC
 36 2019-09-19T01:56:59  *** liberiga has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 37 2019-09-19T02:01:53  *** xzytrewq has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 38 2019-09-19T02:03:52  <fanquake> #proposedmeetingtopic: #16713 Ignore old versionbit activations to avoid 'unknown softforks' warning
 39 2019-09-19T02:03:54  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16713 | Ignore old versionbit activations to avoid unknown softforks warning by jnewbery · Pull Request #16713 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 40 2019-09-19T02:05:41  *** emilengler_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 41 2019-09-19T02:09:12  *** emilengler has quit IRC
 42 2019-09-19T02:21:33  *** ensign has quit IRC
 43 2019-09-19T02:22:23  *** nsh has quit IRC
 44 2019-09-19T02:23:47  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
 45 2019-09-19T02:29:56  *** xzytrewq has quit IRC
 46 2019-09-19T02:44:52  *** DeanGuss has quit IRC
 47 2019-09-19T02:45:20  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 48 2019-09-19T03:00:02  *** jonhcw has quit IRC
 49 2019-09-19T03:08:01  *** ddustin has quit IRC
 50 2019-09-19T03:09:18  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 51 2019-09-19T03:12:04  *** Honthe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 52 2019-09-19T03:40:14  *** xzytrewq has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 53 2019-09-19T03:44:30  *** xzytrewq_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 54 2019-09-19T03:48:57  *** xzytrewq has quit IRC
 55 2019-09-19T03:56:45  *** Honthe has quit IRC
 56 2019-09-19T04:08:37  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 57 2019-09-19T04:18:09  *** jaqque1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 58 2019-09-19T04:19:04  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 59 2019-09-19T04:23:22  *** promag has quit IRC
 60 2019-09-19T04:31:53  *** Victor_sueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 61 2019-09-19T04:32:13  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 62 2019-09-19T04:34:27  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
 63 2019-09-19T04:34:51  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
 64 2019-09-19T04:37:15  *** promag has quit IRC
 65 2019-09-19T04:42:45  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
 66 2019-09-19T04:46:00  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 67 2019-09-19T05:29:45  *** RandolfR has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 68 2019-09-19T05:32:24  *** Randolf has quit IRC
 69 2019-09-19T05:33:15  *** rafalcpp has quit IRC
 70 2019-09-19T05:33:26  *** rafalcpp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 71 2019-09-19T05:40:24  *** ddustin has quit IRC
 72 2019-09-19T05:45:26  *** kcalvinalvin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 73 2019-09-19T05:46:42  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 74 2019-09-19T05:50:49  *** RandolfR is now known as Randolf
 75 2019-09-19T06:00:01  *** jaqque1 has quit IRC
 76 2019-09-19T06:10:51  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
 77 2019-09-19T06:15:48  *** niska has quit IRC
 78 2019-09-19T06:17:40  *** sammuel86 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 79 2019-09-19T06:19:04  *** liberiga has quit IRC
 80 2019-09-19T06:20:59  *** niska has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 81 2019-09-19T06:40:12  *** rafalcpp_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 82 2019-09-19T06:40:27  *** rafalcpp has quit IRC
 83 2019-09-19T06:41:25  *** tryphe_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 84 2019-09-19T06:42:27  *** tryphe has quit IRC
 85 2019-09-19T06:43:48  *** dviola has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 86 2019-09-19T06:56:36  *** bushstar has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 87 2019-09-19T06:57:47  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 88 2019-09-19T07:01:21  *** kcalvinalvin has quit IRC
 89 2019-09-19T07:01:30  *** kcalvinalvin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 90 2019-09-19T07:07:04  *** promag has quit IRC
 91 2019-09-19T07:16:51  *** rafalcpp_ has quit IRC
 92 2019-09-19T07:16:58  *** rafalcpp_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 93 2019-09-19T07:21:04  *** liberiga has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 94 2019-09-19T07:23:12  *** gribble has quit IRC
 95 2019-09-19T07:27:59  *** gribble has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 96 2019-09-19T07:34:03  *** kcalvinalvin has quit IRC
 97 2019-09-19T07:53:41  *** marcoagner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 98 2019-09-19T07:55:40  *** skyikot has quit IRC
 99 2019-09-19T08:05:26  *** kcalvinalvin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
100 2019-09-19T08:07:24  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
101 2019-09-19T08:10:25  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
102 2019-09-19T08:10:50  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
103 2019-09-19T08:12:28  *** promag has quit IRC
104 2019-09-19T08:12:31  *** harrigan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
105 2019-09-19T08:12:40  *** promag_ has quit IRC
106 2019-09-19T08:13:02  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
107 2019-09-19T08:17:24  *** ghost43_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
108 2019-09-19T08:17:37  *** harrigan has quit IRC
109 2019-09-19T08:18:32  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
110 2019-09-19T08:20:02  *** harrigan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
111 2019-09-19T08:23:35  *** laptop500 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
112 2019-09-19T08:24:35  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
113 2019-09-19T08:24:35  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Sjors opened pull request #16914: Update homebrew instruction for doxygen (master...2019/09/doxygen-homebrew) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16914
114 2019-09-19T08:24:36  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
115 2019-09-19T08:24:48  *** fox2p_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
116 2019-09-19T08:25:35  *** fox2p has quit IRC
117 2019-09-19T08:28:03  *** harrigan has quit IRC
118 2019-09-19T08:30:02  *** harrigan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
119 2019-09-19T08:30:16  *** promag has quit IRC
120 2019-09-19T08:37:38  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
121 2019-09-19T08:41:21  *** dviola has quit IRC
122 2019-09-19T08:42:54  *** tryphe_ is now known as tryphe
123 2019-09-19T08:44:48  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
124 2019-09-19T08:44:48  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift opened pull request #16915: doc: Document MemPoolAccept::Finalize(...) precondition (master...clarify-mempoolaccept-finalize-assumptions) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16915
125 2019-09-19T08:44:49  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
126 2019-09-19T08:48:04  *** rafalcpp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
127 2019-09-19T08:48:07  *** rafalcpp_ has quit IRC
128 2019-09-19T08:48:20  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
129 2019-09-19T08:52:47  *** promag has quit IRC
130 2019-09-19T08:52:48  *** Deacyde has quit IRC
131 2019-09-19T08:53:26  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
132 2019-09-19T08:54:30  *** Deacyde has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2019-09-19T09:00:02  *** sammuel86 has quit IRC
134 2019-09-19T09:14:52  *** elichai2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
135 2019-09-19T09:15:21  *** promag has quit IRC
136 2019-09-19T09:17:42  *** kermit2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
137 2019-09-19T09:17:44  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2019-09-19T09:18:06  *** tryphe_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
139 2019-09-19T09:19:03  *** tryphe has quit IRC
140 2019-09-19T09:19:39  *** harrigan has quit IRC
141 2019-09-19T09:21:56  *** harrigan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
142 2019-09-19T09:23:58  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
143 2019-09-19T09:26:41  *** jonatack has quit IRC
144 2019-09-19T09:29:37  *** tryphe_ has quit IRC
145 2019-09-19T09:36:46  *** kcalvina_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
146 2019-09-19T09:38:21  *** promag has quit IRC
147 2019-09-19T09:40:02  *** kcalvinalvin has quit IRC
148 2019-09-19T09:43:38  *** rwang has quit IRC
149 2019-09-19T09:47:39  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
150 2019-09-19T09:49:13  *** rafalcpp has quit IRC
151 2019-09-19T09:49:20  *** rafalcpp_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
152 2019-09-19T09:50:57  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
153 2019-09-19T09:51:34  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
154 2019-09-19T10:01:04  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
155 2019-09-19T10:03:57  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
156 2019-09-19T10:07:08  *** promag has quit IRC
157 2019-09-19T10:24:04  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
158 2019-09-19T10:28:56  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
159 2019-09-19T10:28:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] BlockMechanic opened pull request #16916: Android build (master...android-build) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16916
160 2019-09-19T10:28:57  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
161 2019-09-19T10:38:51  *** Skirmant has quit IRC
162 2019-09-19T10:47:52  *** StopAndDecrypt_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
163 2019-09-19T10:48:47  *** StopAndDecrypt has quit IRC
164 2019-09-19T10:50:05  *** reallll has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
165 2019-09-19T10:54:02  *** belcher has quit IRC
166 2019-09-19T10:54:40  *** Randolf has quit IRC
167 2019-09-19T11:01:21  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
168 2019-09-19T11:03:57  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
169 2019-09-19T11:03:58  *** promag has quit IRC
170 2019-09-19T11:06:51  <wumpus> achow101: will have a look
171 2019-09-19T11:08:12  <wumpus> achow101: looks like it's already been restored? in any case, if people start abusing it, we'll unfortunately have to limit access
172 2019-09-19T11:11:48  <wumpus> wouldn't lose *that* much by restricting wiki acceess to people invited to the org, as it's mostly those people that edit the release notes drafts
173 2019-09-19T11:11:57  <wumpus> wiki write access
174 2019-09-19T11:16:24  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
175 2019-09-19T11:20:34  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
176 2019-09-19T11:20:36  *** kcalvinalvin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
177 2019-09-19T11:23:09  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
178 2019-09-19T11:23:41  *** kcalvina_ has quit IRC
179 2019-09-19T11:26:12  *** kcalvinalvin has quit IRC
180 2019-09-19T11:26:32  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
181 2019-09-19T11:35:02  *** promag_ has quit IRC
182 2019-09-19T11:36:04  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
183 2019-09-19T11:41:00  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
184 2019-09-19T11:43:25  *** promag has quit IRC
185 2019-09-19T11:47:43  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
186 2019-09-19T11:53:02  *** promag has quit IRC
187 2019-09-19T11:53:14  *** rafalcpp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
188 2019-09-19T11:53:26  *** rafalcpp_ has quit IRC
189 2019-09-19T11:55:57  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
190 2019-09-19T11:56:56  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
191 2019-09-19T11:57:30  *** ghost43_ is now known as ghost43
192 2019-09-19T11:59:38  *** promag_ has quit IRC
193 2019-09-19T12:00:01  *** kermit2 has quit IRC
194 2019-09-19T12:00:37  *** promag has quit IRC
195 2019-09-19T12:02:50  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
196 2019-09-19T12:03:17  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
197 2019-09-19T12:05:17  *** promag_ has quit IRC
198 2019-09-19T12:06:51  *** promag has quit IRC
199 2019-09-19T12:07:30  <pinheadmz_> Quick Q: Do signatures in a multisig scriptSig/witness have to have the same SIGHASH flags?
200 2019-09-19T12:10:17  <luke-jr> arr, that thay don't; less than 100% sure about ye CHECKMULTISIG opcodes, but ye can always use a sequence of CHECKSIGs
201 2019-09-19T12:10:57  <luke-jr> something like https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0019.mediawiki
202 2019-09-19T12:11:54  *** setpill has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
203 2019-09-19T12:12:04  *** rafalcpp_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
204 2019-09-19T12:12:34  *** rafalcpp has quit IRC
205 2019-09-19T12:14:27  *** harrigan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
206 2019-09-19T12:14:30  *** harrigan has quit IRC
207 2019-09-19T12:15:27  <pinheadmz_> <searches interent for meaning of "ARR" acronym> -- oh, its talk like a pirate day. of course. Blimey!
208 2019-09-19T12:16:29  <luke-jr> XD
209 2019-09-19T12:17:20  *** chrissie1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
210 2019-09-19T12:20:01  *** harrigan_ has quit IRC
211 2019-09-19T12:22:08  *** liberiga has quit IRC
212 2019-09-19T12:22:16  *** harrigan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
213 2019-09-19T12:30:16  *** fox2p_ has quit IRC
214 2019-09-19T12:30:33  *** jonatack has quit IRC
215 2019-09-19T12:31:47  *** fox2p has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
216 2019-09-19T12:36:45  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
217 2019-09-19T12:36:59  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
218 2019-09-19T12:41:21  *** promag has quit IRC
219 2019-09-19T12:46:51  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
220 2019-09-19T12:50:37  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
221 2019-09-19T12:55:28  *** kabaum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
222 2019-09-19T12:59:23  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
223 2019-09-19T12:59:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fridokus opened pull request #16917: Test: Move common function assert_approx() into util.py (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16917
224 2019-09-19T12:59:24  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
225 2019-09-19T13:03:33  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
226 2019-09-19T13:04:23  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
227 2019-09-19T13:05:54  *** vincenzopalazzo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
228 2019-09-19T13:09:58  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
229 2019-09-19T13:11:40  *** Zenton has quit IRC
230 2019-09-19T13:14:38  *** Zenton has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
231 2019-09-19T13:16:29  *** harrigan has quit IRC
232 2019-09-19T13:23:51  *** harrigan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
233 2019-09-19T13:31:16  *** harrigan has quit IRC
234 2019-09-19T13:31:38  *** reallll is now known as belcher
235 2019-09-19T13:33:29  *** morcos has quit IRC
236 2019-09-19T13:33:45  *** morcos has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
237 2019-09-19T13:34:21  *** Highway62 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
238 2019-09-19T13:34:27  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
239 2019-09-19T13:34:27  *** Highway62 is now known as Highway61
240 2019-09-19T13:39:28  *** promag has quit IRC
241 2019-09-19T13:39:28  *** gr0kchain has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
242 2019-09-19T13:41:48  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
243 2019-09-19T13:45:51  *** rafalcpp_ has quit IRC
244 2019-09-19T13:45:53  *** rafalcpp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
245 2019-09-19T13:47:47  *** skyikot has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
246 2019-09-19T13:48:52  *** brianhoffman has quit IRC
247 2019-09-19T13:49:34  *** brianhoffman has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
248 2019-09-19T13:49:54  *** emilengler_ has quit IRC
249 2019-09-19T13:58:38  *** profmac has quit IRC
250 2019-09-19T14:10:55  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
251 2019-09-19T14:11:59  *** quijote has quit IRC
252 2019-09-19T14:13:46  *** quijote has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
253 2019-09-19T14:22:44  *** rafalcpp_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
254 2019-09-19T14:23:44  *** rafalcpp has quit IRC
255 2019-09-19T14:24:33  *** fox2p_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
256 2019-09-19T14:26:20  *** fox2p has quit IRC
257 2019-09-19T14:41:22  *** promag has quit IRC
258 2019-09-19T14:42:12  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
259 2019-09-19T14:43:31  *** rafalcpp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
260 2019-09-19T14:44:20  *** rafalcpp_ has quit IRC
261 2019-09-19T14:44:28  *** skyikot has quit IRC
262 2019-09-19T14:44:57  *** Evel-Knievel has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
263 2019-09-19T14:47:15  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
264 2019-09-19T14:47:16  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/9bf5768dd628...7d4bc60f1fee
265 2019-09-19T14:47:16  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f5809d5 James O'Beirne: doc: fix CChainState::ActivateBestChain doc
266 2019-09-19T14:47:17  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master bcf73d3 James O'Beirne: refactoring: move LoadChainTip to CChainState method
267 2019-09-19T14:47:17  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3cf3673 James O'Beirne: refactoring: move ReplayBlocks under CChainState
268 2019-09-19T14:47:18  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
269 2019-09-19T14:47:35  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
270 2019-09-19T14:47:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #16743: refactor: move LoadChainTip/RelayBlocks under CChainState (master...2019-08-au-chainstate-moves) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16743
271 2019-09-19T14:47:37  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
272 2019-09-19T14:49:09  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
273 2019-09-19T14:49:14  *** skyikot has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
274 2019-09-19T14:52:36  *** profmac has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
275 2019-09-19T14:54:10  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
276 2019-09-19T14:54:41  *** arubi has quit IRC
277 2019-09-19T14:55:03  *** arubi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
278 2019-09-19T14:56:36  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
279 2019-09-19T14:58:15  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
280 2019-09-19T15:00:01  *** chrissie1 has quit IRC
281 2019-09-19T15:01:14  *** nsh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
282 2019-09-19T15:01:58  *** promag has quit IRC
283 2019-09-19T15:02:25  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
284 2019-09-19T15:06:56  *** Aaronvan_ has quit IRC
285 2019-09-19T15:10:50  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
286 2019-09-19T15:10:53  *** emilengler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
287 2019-09-19T15:11:53  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
288 2019-09-19T15:13:14  *** fengling has quit IRC
289 2019-09-19T15:16:07  *** harrigan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
290 2019-09-19T15:18:39  *** shesek has quit IRC
291 2019-09-19T15:20:35  *** Evel-Knievel has quit IRC
292 2019-09-19T15:20:55  *** Evel-Knievel has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
293 2019-09-19T15:31:59  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
294 2019-09-19T15:39:00  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
295 2019-09-19T15:40:04  *** fengling has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
296 2019-09-19T15:41:24  *** rafalcpp has quit IRC
297 2019-09-19T15:41:30  *** rafalcpp_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
298 2019-09-19T15:46:06  *** captjakk has quit IRC
299 2019-09-19T15:46:30  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
300 2019-09-19T15:46:33  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
301 2019-09-19T15:48:25  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
302 2019-09-19T15:50:03  *** captjakk has quit IRC
303 2019-09-19T15:50:40  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
304 2019-09-19T15:51:31  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
305 2019-09-19T15:52:23  <jonasschnelli> https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-detached-sigs/pull/29 (0.17.2rc2 osx sigs)
306 2019-09-19T15:53:07  *** lightlike has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
307 2019-09-19T15:58:22  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
308 2019-09-19T16:01:42  *** promag has quit IRC
309 2019-09-19T16:02:49  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
310 2019-09-19T16:05:42  *** setpill has quit IRC
311 2019-09-19T16:07:16  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
312 2019-09-19T16:07:16  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #16918: test: Make PORT_MIN in test runner configurable (master...1909-testPortMinConf) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16918
313 2019-09-19T16:07:17  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
314 2019-09-19T16:18:49  *** pehjota1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
315 2019-09-19T16:26:04  *** captjakk has quit IRC
316 2019-09-19T16:26:09  *** captjakk_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
317 2019-09-19T16:29:20  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
318 2019-09-19T16:31:56  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
319 2019-09-19T16:32:44  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
320 2019-09-19T16:40:02  *** captjakk_ has quit IRC
321 2019-09-19T16:40:27  *** gr0kchain has quit IRC
322 2019-09-19T16:40:36  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
323 2019-09-19T16:45:00  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
324 2019-09-19T16:56:03  *** captjakk has quit IRC
325 2019-09-19T16:57:15  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
326 2019-09-19T17:00:44  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
327 2019-09-19T17:05:53  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
328 2019-09-19T17:16:09  *** captjakk has quit IRC
329 2019-09-19T17:16:39  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
330 2019-09-19T17:25:27  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
331 2019-09-19T17:30:12  *** captjakk_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
332 2019-09-19T17:30:12  *** captjakk has quit IRC
333 2019-09-19T17:34:15  *** belcher has quit IRC
334 2019-09-19T17:39:25  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
335 2019-09-19T17:41:20  *** belcher has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
336 2019-09-19T17:41:32  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
337 2019-09-19T17:44:09  *** Guest6 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
338 2019-09-19T17:44:25  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
339 2019-09-19T17:51:32  *** cfields has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
340 2019-09-19T17:52:16  <cfields> gitian builders: detached sigs for 0.17.2rc2 are up.
341 2019-09-19T17:53:49  <cfields> Also, if anyone has tried to ping me here, my ircd was down for a few days. All good now.
342 2019-09-19T17:57:06  <luke-jr> do we have any indication of 0.17 rcs being actually tested? :x
343 2019-09-19T17:57:10  <wumpus> cfields: good to know, and welcome back!
344 2019-09-19T17:57:43  <wumpus> luke-jr: we might get bug reports for it
345 2019-09-19T17:58:25  <wumpus> but no, haven't seen any yet, though maybe people are waiting for binaries
346 2019-09-19T17:58:28  <cfields> luke-jr: I tested signing rc1 and found a bug :p
347 2019-09-19T17:58:57  <luke-jr> XD
348 2019-09-19T17:59:04  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
349 2019-09-19T17:59:38  <wumpus> as people are doing gitian builds there must be *some* interest
350 2019-09-19T18:00:01  <luke-jr> I'm not sure that follows
351 2019-09-19T18:00:01  *** pehjota1 has quit IRC
352 2019-09-19T18:00:19  <luke-jr> gitian builders are likely running latest
353 2019-09-19T18:00:40  <wumpus> some run multiple versions
354 2019-09-19T18:02:21  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
355 2019-09-19T18:03:48  *** captjakk_ has quit IRC
356 2019-09-19T18:04:22  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
357 2019-09-19T18:06:29  *** promag has quit IRC
358 2019-09-19T18:06:42  *** promag_ has quit IRC
359 2019-09-19T18:07:46  *** alko has quit IRC
360 2019-09-19T18:08:00  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
361 2019-09-19T18:09:02  *** alko has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
362 2019-09-19T18:09:53  *** sipsorcery2 has left #bitcoin-core-dev
363 2019-09-19T18:15:33  *** sipsorcery has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
364 2019-09-19T18:18:12  *** AngryAdmin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
365 2019-09-19T18:19:29  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
366 2019-09-19T18:27:12  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
367 2019-09-19T18:28:49  *** captjakk has quit IRC
368 2019-09-19T18:29:12  *** rafalcpp_ has quit IRC
369 2019-09-19T18:29:22  *** rafalcpp_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
370 2019-09-19T18:29:25  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
371 2019-09-19T18:30:03  *** Guest6 has quit IRC
372 2019-09-19T18:31:43  *** promag has quit IRC
373 2019-09-19T18:31:51  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
374 2019-09-19T18:31:52  *** captjakk has quit IRC
375 2019-09-19T18:32:27  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
376 2019-09-19T18:32:50  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
377 2019-09-19T18:43:06  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
378 2019-09-19T18:48:00  *** Krellan_ has quit IRC
379 2019-09-19T18:48:36  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
380 2019-09-19T18:50:58  *** captjakk has quit IRC
381 2019-09-19T18:51:29  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
382 2019-09-19T18:53:02  *** diegobz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
383 2019-09-19T18:53:21  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
384 2019-09-19T18:54:16  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
385 2019-09-19T18:55:21  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
386 2019-09-19T18:55:34  *** glezos has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
387 2019-09-19T18:55:36  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
388 2019-09-19T19:00:07  <warren> here
389 2019-09-19T19:00:10  <wumpus> #startmeeting
390 2019-09-19T19:00:10  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Sep 19 19:00:10 2019 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
391 2019-09-19T19:00:10  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
392 2019-09-19T19:00:22  <jonasschnelli> hi
393 2019-09-19T19:00:25  <jonatack> hi
394 2019-09-19T19:00:25  <instagibbs> hi
395 2019-09-19T19:00:29  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball kvaciral
396 2019-09-19T19:00:37  <warren> diegobz and glezos are here from Transifex
397 2019-09-19T19:00:40  *** Krellan has quit IRC
398 2019-09-19T19:00:43  <achow101> hi
399 2019-09-19T19:00:46  <glezos> hi all :)
400 2019-09-19T19:00:53  <moneyball> Hi
401 2019-09-19T19:00:53  <luke-jr> I'm finally able to make it :P
402 2019-09-19T19:00:53  <wumpus> welcome diegobz and glezos
403 2019-09-19T19:01:08  <fanquake> hi
404 2019-09-19T19:01:20  <warren> hi
405 2019-09-19T19:01:24  <sipa> hi
406 2019-09-19T19:01:50  <wumpus> proposed topics for today are: 1) making better use of transifex 2 ) what to do with change output creation with bech32 (instagibbs)  3) android GUI (fanquake)
407 2019-09-19T19:01:52  <luke-jr> should we start with Transifex topic?
408 2019-09-19T19:01:54  <wumpus> yes
409 2019-09-19T19:02:03  <wumpus> #topic Making better use of transifex
410 2019-09-19T19:02:39  <warren> glezos: diegobz: you had a few points of advice?
411 2019-09-19T19:03:06  <glezos> Happy to be able to help all and answer any Qs. Some recommendations for better use of Transifex is to develop a Glossary to improve consistency. Also, to make sure that the existing Translation Memory (past translations) are ones of good quality.
412 2019-09-19T19:03:10  <wumpus> so I've only recently gained admin of the transifex org and there's a whole lot of new options but haven't been able to do much yet
413 2019-09-19T19:03:51  <glezos> Finally, as admins, you can look at the "Translation Checks" section in the Org Settings, where Transifex can auto-check for mistakes by translators which an break the build process (e.g. broke a variable)
414 2019-09-19T19:04:03  <wumpus> glezos: thanks, is that glassary something we can configure on transifex itself, or is it something external?
415 2019-09-19T19:04:22  <glezos> in Transifex, it's part of the org itself, and available to everyone in the org
416 2019-09-19T19:04:28  <luke-jr> ah, so it can notice a %s vs %1 mismatch?
417 2019-09-19T19:04:40  <luke-jr> or "% 1"
418 2019-09-19T19:04:49  <glezos> yes.
419 2019-09-19T19:04:49  <wumpus> oh that'd be useful, we have a script right now to check that, but having it integrated with instant feedback would be much better
420 2019-09-19T19:05:01  <glezos> There is a whole section on Translation Quality in the documentation site with screenshots and examples: https://docs.transifex.com/
421 2019-09-19T19:05:08  <luke-jr> yeah, the script can only discard the translation entirely
422 2019-09-19T19:05:52  <glezos> @wumpus ideally you want to the checks to happen during translation so they get fixed right away. You can configure each translation check to raise a warning (allows translation save) or an error (blocks save)
423 2019-09-19T19:06:20  <wumpus> so this glossary is something created by the org, and contains important words for the domain of the application (in this case, things such as block, transaction, wallet, etc)
424 2019-09-19T19:06:33  <wumpus> glezos: good to know
425 2019-09-19T19:06:33  <luke-jr> glezos: is it likely to be a problem that we have mixed placeholder styles?
426 2019-09-19T19:07:02  <glezos> Yes. And you can have multiple glossaries (for each project, for example, if you have multiple projects) or share the same glossary across projects (all configurable on the org level)
427 2019-09-19T19:07:42  <luke-jr> I think right now we have multiple "projects" for each branch?
428 2019-09-19T19:07:45  <achow101> ba
429 2019-09-19T19:07:51  <achow101> oops
430 2019-09-19T19:07:51  <wumpus> we have one project, multiple resources
431 2019-09-19T19:07:55  <luke-jr> ah
432 2019-09-19T19:08:41  <luke-jr> is it possible to add translations marked as "incomplete" until a real translator can get to it? sometimes strings change subtly and I can kind of guess a change to the prior translation, but would want a real translator to provide a new one eventually
433 2019-09-19T19:09:21  <wumpus> luke-jr: glezos: yes so some  messages have %1 %2 ... style, some have %s style, what is important is that it's consistent within a message
434 2019-09-19T19:09:33  <luke-jr> and sometimes if we simply append a parenthesis to a string "a (b)" for example, we could leave "a" translated and add " (b)" in English as an incomplete message
435 2019-09-19T19:10:04  <glezos> luke-jr, for something like that, we have a step called "Review". Empty → Translated → Reviewed. This way, you can choose, for example, to use the Transifex Client to only pull reviewed translations
436 2019-09-19T19:10:17  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
437 2019-09-19T19:10:26  <wumpus> once we get a lot more review going on, that'd make sense
438 2019-09-19T19:10:50  <luke-jr> glezos: so no stage between empty and translated? or a way to provide a string with "empty" status?
439 2019-09-19T19:11:10  <warren> we need to establish per-language teams with known reliable team leaders
440 2019-09-19T19:11:17  <luke-jr> "<german text> (<english text>)" needs more than mere review
441 2019-09-19T19:11:26  <kanzure> hi
442 2019-09-19T19:11:35  <glezos> luke-jr no in-between stage, no
443 2019-09-19T19:11:43  <wumpus> warren: might make sense to do a notification on transifex to ask for people to come foreard
444 2019-09-19T19:12:09  <warren> If they were active in past years it's a good sign maybe they should be a leader.
445 2019-09-19T19:12:29  <wumpus> yes, has anyone been keeping track though?
446 2019-09-19T19:12:45  <warren> dunno, I would assume transifex has the data of who did what
447 2019-09-19T19:12:46  <luke-jr> does Transifex even keep records of who did what?
448 2019-09-19T19:12:51  <wumpus> yes they do
449 2019-09-19T19:13:15  <wumpus> there's information on a per-message level at least, who translated it
450 2019-09-19T19:13:25  <glezos> wumpus you can do that using the Discussions and Announcements features, which notifies all teams. https://www.transifex.com/bitcoinorg/teams/10848/discussions/ https://www.transifex.com/bitcoinorg/bitcoinorg/announcements/
451 2019-09-19T19:14:03  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
452 2019-09-19T19:14:06  <glezos> wumpus correct. Also, there is a Reports feature at the top, which you can dig out historical activity information.
453 2019-09-19T19:14:23  <wumpus> glezos: nice!
454 2019-09-19T19:14:38  <glezos> (come to think about it, I think the Reports are not available in the open source plan...)
455 2019-09-19T19:14:47  <warren> glezos: (note this is "bitcoin", "bitcoin.org" is separate)
456 2019-09-19T19:15:17  <glezos> oops, thank you warren.
457 2019-09-19T19:15:20  <glezos> sorry about that.
458 2019-09-19T19:16:42  <wumpus> ok, anyone with further questions about transifex? this is the time
459 2019-09-19T19:17:05  <promag> wumpus: topics += qml (sorry for the interruption)
460 2019-09-19T19:17:11  <glezos> We have a Community site for any async questions, https://community.transifex.com
461 2019-09-19T19:17:18  <warren> glezos: can you show examples of what the reports look like?
462 2019-09-19T19:17:49  <luke-jr> glezos: is it possible to get the raw historical author data via CLI?
463 2019-09-19T19:17:52  <glezos> warren: yes, https://docs.transifex.com/tracking/reports
464 2019-09-19T19:18:19  <glezos> luke-jr no, but reports can be exported as a CSV from the web app
465 2019-09-19T19:18:59  <luke-jr> but not if we don't have access to reports ;)
466 2019-09-19T19:19:27  <luke-jr> re [19:14:38] <glezos> (come to think about it, I think the Reports are not available in the open source plan…)
467 2019-09-19T19:19:36  <glezos> indeed. ;)
468 2019-09-19T19:20:14  <luke-jr> (and if the raw data can't be exported, it's kind of vendor lock-in ☹)
469 2019-09-19T19:20:17  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
470 2019-09-19T19:20:18  <warren> glezos: this is a unique project in that here is no central entity to pay for services, I suppose one of the supporting companies or non-profits could pay for a service but that's outside the scope of these developer meetings.
471 2019-09-19T19:20:40  <glezos> happy to help y'all out though with the reports and share the data
472 2019-09-19T19:20:46  *** Eagle[TM] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
473 2019-09-19T19:20:47  *** captjakk has quit IRC
474 2019-09-19T19:21:22  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
475 2019-09-19T19:21:54  *** promag has quit IRC
476 2019-09-19T19:22:25  <wumpus> ok, I think it's time to move to the next topic -- thanks a lot glezos  and diegobz for being here and helping with answers and suggestions
477 2019-09-19T19:22:32  <glezos> you bet
478 2019-09-19T19:22:55  <wumpus> #topic what to do with change output creation with bech32 (instagibbs)
479 2019-09-19T19:23:10  <instagibbs> so this is wrt #16884
480 2019-09-19T19:23:11  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16884 | wallet: Change default address type to bech32 by instagibbs · Pull Request #16884 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
481 2019-09-19T19:23:11  <wumpus> link: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15560#issuecomment-531796601
482 2019-09-19T19:23:31  <luke-jr> why would default type affect that?
483 2019-09-19T19:23:33  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
484 2019-09-19T19:23:54  <instagibbs> it doesn't necessarily, we could mimick the other direction of course
485 2019-09-19T19:24:36  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
486 2019-09-19T19:24:38  <instagibbs> The original motivation IIRC was something like we want to mimick the destination if they use bech32 because privacy and cheaper anyways
487 2019-09-19T19:24:51  <instagibbs> we didn't mimick legacy output destinations
488 2019-09-19T19:25:05  <luke-jr> Core doesn't support Lightning, so should just be using p2pkh by default, so I'm going to recuse myself from this topic since it has IMO flawed premises
489 2019-09-19T19:25:37  <wumpus> so with a different default it'd simply be as if the user chose a different address type, right?
490 2019-09-19T19:25:44  <instagibbs> so you should agree with me, if user specifies p2sh-pwpkh change itshould just do it :P
491 2019-09-19T19:25:48  <instagibbs> it uses more weight
492 2019-09-19T19:26:08  *** Krellan has quit IRC
493 2019-09-19T19:26:13  <wumpus> it seems we don't have many people here today with an opinion on this today
494 2019-09-19T19:26:19  <instagibbs> specific change up for q anyways: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16884/commits/eaab744a5058fd954c2c4985237941e99e30f062
495 2019-09-19T19:26:24  <instagibbs> in case someone sees this and wants to complain in the PR
496 2019-09-19T19:26:25  <instagibbs> :)
497 2019-09-19T19:26:55  <instagibbs> we can move on
498 2019-09-19T19:27:02  <wumpus> yes
499 2019-09-19T19:27:12  <wumpus> #topic High priority for review
500 2019-09-19T19:27:47  <wumpus> let's do this topic as every work, though, it might be better to focus on things tagged 0.19 now than specifically tagged ones
501 2019-09-19T19:28:02  <fanquake> ^
502 2019-09-19T19:28:06  <MarcoFalke> agree
503 2019-09-19T19:28:08  <wumpus> (because rc1 is planned for oct 1)
504 2019-09-19T19:28:08  <MarcoFalke> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/milestone/37
505 2019-09-19T19:28:28  <fanquake> Also sanity testing 0.17.2 binaries when available.
506 2019-09-19T19:29:06  <wumpus> yes, 0.17.2 code signatures were put up shortly ago
507 2019-09-19T19:29:28  <luke-jr> rc2*
508 2019-09-19T19:29:34  <MarcoFalke> Added 0.19 as blocker to high prio
509 2019-09-19T19:29:36  <wumpus> rc2, yes, rc1 was DOA
510 2019-09-19T19:29:42  <MarcoFalke> (its a note in the project board)
511 2019-09-19T19:29:51  *** Victor_sueca is now known as Victorsueca
512 2019-09-19T19:29:52  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: thanks!
513 2019-09-19T19:31:09  *** jarthur_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
514 2019-09-19T19:31:20  <wumpus> ok, that concludes this topic
515 2019-09-19T19:31:44  <fanquake> Might want to do #16713 first instead of Mobile GUI, if anyone has an opinion. cc MarcoFalke
516 2019-09-19T19:31:46  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16713 | Ignore old versionbit activations to avoid unknown softforks warning by jnewbery · Pull Request #16713 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
517 2019-09-19T19:31:46  <wumpus> #topic android QML GUI (fanquake)
518 2019-09-19T19:32:28  <wumpus> I don't really think this is the best time to discuss this, because of 0.19 coming up, seems more of a future topic, but maybe it makes sense to discuss
519 2019-09-19T19:32:30  <wumpus> oh
520 2019-09-19T19:32:34  <jonasschnelli> Looks like this is worth exploring...
521 2019-09-19T19:32:46  <jonasschnelli> I also don't know what to discuss on that topic
522 2019-09-19T19:33:08  <wumpus> dunno either, maybe better to keep it to github for now: #16883
523 2019-09-19T19:33:10  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16883 | WIP: Qt: add QML based mobile GUI by icota · Pull Request #16883 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
524 2019-09-19T19:33:18  <jonasschnelli> Yes. Agree.
525 2019-09-19T19:33:30  <wumpus> #topic Ignore old versionbit activations
526 2019-09-19T19:33:38  <wumpus> #16713
527 2019-09-19T19:33:40  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16713 | Ignore old versionbit activations to avoid unknown softforks warning by jnewbery · Pull Request #16713 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
528 2019-09-19T19:33:48  <MarcoFalke> Can't we switch the existing GUI to qml, so that there is only one for all devices (convergence, 2019, buzzword, ...)
529 2019-09-19T19:33:50  <wumpus> I think we need to merge one of these before 0.19 to prevent false positivs
530 2019-09-19T19:33:55  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: in the long term, yes
531 2019-09-19T19:34:24  *** jarthur has quit IRC
532 2019-09-19T19:34:25  <MarcoFalke> my take on #16713 is in one of the comments
533 2019-09-19T19:34:27  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16713 | Ignore old versionbit activations to avoid unknown softforks warning by jnewbery · Pull Request #16713 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
534 2019-09-19T19:34:37  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
535 2019-09-19T19:34:43  <wumpus> it wasn't made easier by there being two competing PRs, and I kind of lost track
536 2019-09-19T19:34:50  <MarcoFalke> I think sdaftuar had some different thoughts on it
537 2019-09-19T19:34:56  <wumpus> yes :)
538 2019-09-19T19:35:04  <MarcoFalke> Unsure if he is here rn
539 2019-09-19T19:36:00  <wumpus> so maybe we want to do some quick low-impract change for 0.19 just to get rid of the undesired warnings, then for 0.20 go for a better solution
540 2019-09-19T19:36:00  <MarcoFalke> silence means ACK, right?
541 2019-09-19T19:36:09  <luke-jr> MarcoFalke: decisions are not made at meetings
542 2019-09-19T19:36:16  <luke-jr> (for just this reason)
543 2019-09-19T19:36:20  <wumpus> I think he's joking ...
544 2019-09-19T19:36:55  <luke-jr> MarcoFalke: (re QML) I'm not sure a mobile UI and desktop UI have enough overlap
545 2019-09-19T19:37:29  <jonasschnelli> MarcoFalke: mobile devices have different use cases. You can't just "scale" the desktop UI.
546 2019-09-19T19:37:51  <wumpus> but they could definitely share code
547 2019-09-19T19:38:03  <jonasschnelli> for sure
548 2019-09-19T19:38:06  <wumpus> and have some QML in the desktop GUI, they just wouldn't be exaclty the same
549 2019-09-19T19:38:16  <luke-jr> would be nice to unify RPC and GUI transaction logic too
550 2019-09-19T19:38:35  <jonasschnelli> isn't that mostly the case?
551 2019-09-19T19:38:38  <luke-jr> no
552 2019-09-19T19:38:46  <luke-jr> we have 3 copies of the almost-same logic
553 2019-09-19T19:38:51  <wumpus> in any case, I think we ran out of topics
554 2019-09-19T19:38:55  <jonasschnelli> indeed
555 2019-09-19T19:39:21  <wumpus> mayebe we can bring up instagibbs' topic again next week if there's more people interested in discussing it
556 2019-09-19T19:39:23  <wumpus> #endmeering
557 2019-09-19T19:39:25  <wumpus> #endmeeting
558 2019-09-19T19:39:25  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Sep 19 19:39:25 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
559 2019-09-19T19:39:25  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-09-19-19.00.html
560 2019-09-19T19:39:25  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-09-19-19.00.txt
561 2019-09-19T19:39:25  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-09-19-19.00.log.html
562 2019-09-19T19:41:36  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
563 2019-09-19T19:41:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #16920: test: Fix extra_args in wallet_import_rescan.py (master...1909-testUseCorrectPythonSyntax) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16920
564 2019-09-19T19:41:38  <sdaftuar> oops, hi
565 2019-09-19T19:41:48  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
566 2019-09-19T19:44:11  *** Krellan has quit IRC
567 2019-09-19T19:47:15  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
568 2019-09-19T19:48:08  *** glezos has quit IRC
569 2019-09-19T19:48:20  *** captjakk has quit IRC
570 2019-09-19T19:48:51  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
571 2019-09-19T19:56:27  <promag> > Can't we switch the existing GUI to qml
572 2019-09-19T19:56:46  <promag> MarcoFalke: not sure if qtquickcontrols is there yet
573 2019-09-19T19:57:00  <promag> I mean, to mirror existing interface
574 2019-09-19T19:58:04  *** jarthur_ has quit IRC
575 2019-09-19T19:58:31  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
576 2019-09-19T19:59:17  *** harrigan has quit IRC
577 2019-09-19T20:00:56  *** harrigan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
578 2019-09-19T20:06:04  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
579 2019-09-19T20:14:45  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
580 2019-09-19T20:16:03  *** hebasto has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
581 2019-09-19T20:20:31  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
582 2019-09-19T20:28:52  *** Krellan has quit IRC
583 2019-09-19T20:29:27  *** captjakk has quit IRC
584 2019-09-19T20:29:59  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
585 2019-09-19T20:32:54  *** captjakk has quit IRC
586 2019-09-19T20:33:30  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
587 2019-09-19T20:37:32  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
588 2019-09-19T20:37:48  *** captjakk has quit IRC
589 2019-09-19T20:41:15  *** promag has quit IRC
590 2019-09-19T20:45:50  *** diegobz has left #bitcoin-core-dev
591 2019-09-19T20:52:50  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
592 2019-09-19T21:00:01  *** AngryAdmin has quit IRC
593 2019-09-19T21:00:53  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
594 2019-09-19T21:02:35  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
595 2019-09-19T21:04:51  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
596 2019-09-19T21:07:00  *** promag_ has quit IRC
597 2019-09-19T21:09:09  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
598 2019-09-19T21:15:08  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
599 2019-09-19T21:15:08  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift opened pull request #16921: tests: Add information on how to add Vulture suppressions (master...vulture-suppressions) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16921
600 2019-09-19T21:15:09  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
601 2019-09-19T21:15:54  *** rafalcpp_ has quit IRC
602 2019-09-19T21:16:07  *** rafalcpp_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
603 2019-09-19T21:16:09  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
604 2019-09-19T21:17:08  *** Krellan has quit IRC
605 2019-09-19T21:19:59  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
606 2019-09-19T21:19:59  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift closed pull request #16136: Add an optional extra level of checking: DCHECK(...) - an opt-in side-effect safe assert(...) (master...check) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16136
607 2019-09-19T21:20:01  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
608 2019-09-19T21:20:44  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
609 2019-09-19T21:20:44  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift closed pull request #15805: log: Increase signal-to-noise in bitcoind standard output. Don't print debug output "Pre-allocating to position ..." and "Leaving block file ..." when running with -nodebug (default). (master...stdout-signal-to-noise) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15805
610 2019-09-19T21:20:45  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
611 2019-09-19T21:23:33  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
612 2019-09-19T21:26:54  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
613 2019-09-19T21:31:58  *** Krellan has quit IRC
614 2019-09-19T21:32:39  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
615 2019-09-19T21:39:20  *** skyikot has quit IRC
616 2019-09-19T21:43:46  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
617 2019-09-19T21:43:46  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #16922: net: filteradd message: update bloom filter empty/full flags after adding (master...20190919-net-update_empty_full_after_adding_filter) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16922
618 2019-09-19T21:43:58  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
619 2019-09-19T21:46:41  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
620 2019-09-19T21:48:21  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
621 2019-09-19T21:53:45  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
622 2019-09-19T22:01:45  *** Krellan has quit IRC
623 2019-09-19T22:01:45  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
624 2019-09-19T22:06:01  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
625 2019-09-19T22:08:14  *** lightlike has quit IRC
626 2019-09-19T22:10:44  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
627 2019-09-19T22:27:30  *** harrigan has quit IRC
628 2019-09-19T22:27:41  *** harrigan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
629 2019-09-19T22:27:46  *** promag has quit IRC
630 2019-09-19T22:28:06  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
631 2019-09-19T22:29:03  *** laptop500 has quit IRC
632 2019-09-19T22:32:13  *** jarthur has quit IRC
633 2019-09-19T22:34:39  *** Zenton has quit IRC
634 2019-09-19T22:36:23  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
635 2019-09-19T22:39:23  *** rwang has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
636 2019-09-19T22:44:03  *** Krellan has quit IRC
637 2019-09-19T22:47:01  *** jackalope has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
638 2019-09-19T22:48:03  *** vincenzopalazzo has quit IRC
639 2019-09-19T22:53:54  *** marcoagner has quit IRC
640 2019-09-19T22:58:56  *** rafalcpp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
641 2019-09-19T22:59:50  *** rafalcpp_ has quit IRC
642 2019-09-19T23:00:10  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
643 2019-09-19T23:06:08  *** Krellan has quit IRC
644 2019-09-19T23:08:40  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
645 2019-09-19T23:14:10  *** promag has quit IRC
646 2019-09-19T23:15:55  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
647 2019-09-19T23:18:09  *** skyikot has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
648 2019-09-19T23:20:44  *** promag has quit IRC
649 2019-09-19T23:21:17  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
650 2019-09-19T23:32:42  *** Krellan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
651 2019-09-19T23:43:25  *** ae_0 is now known as aerth
652 2019-09-19T23:50:23  *** promag has quit IRC
653 2019-09-19T23:51:09  *** cfields has quit IRC
654 2019-09-19T23:54:40  *** Krellan has quit IRC