1 2019-10-11T00:00:02  *** qapla_org has quit IRC
  2 2019-10-11T00:04:21  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
  3 2019-10-11T00:04:42  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
  4 2019-10-11T00:09:20  *** jarthur has quit IRC
  5 2019-10-11T00:13:48  *** arik_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  6 2019-10-11T00:14:21  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  7 2019-10-11T00:17:57  *** Windurr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  8 2019-10-11T00:18:39  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
  9 2019-10-11T00:31:56  *** cryptapus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 10 2019-10-11T00:35:50  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 11 2019-10-11T00:51:44  *** captjakk has quit IRC
 12 2019-10-11T00:51:46  *** cryptapus has quit IRC
 13 2019-10-11T00:52:26  *** cryptapus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 14 2019-10-11T00:54:10  *** promag has quit IRC
 15 2019-10-11T00:54:28  *** lightlike has quit IRC
 16 2019-10-11T00:55:32  *** ajonas has quit IRC
 17 2019-10-11T01:00:03  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
 18 2019-10-11T01:04:54  *** arik__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 19 2019-10-11T01:08:27  *** arik_ has quit IRC
 20 2019-10-11T01:09:39  *** ghost43_ is now known as ghost43
 21 2019-10-11T01:11:22  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 22 2019-10-11T01:16:17  *** promag has quit IRC
 23 2019-10-11T01:33:42  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 24 2019-10-11T01:34:46  <Bullit> ZW4-RUO-202-9ZV-N1X-5OA-B1B-JE8-31L-NJ8-2Y6-W3O-WS7
 25 2019-10-11T02:00:01  *** designwish has quit IRC
 26 2019-10-11T02:04:57  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 27 2019-10-11T02:06:16  *** emilengler_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 28 2019-10-11T02:06:43  *** designwish has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 29 2019-10-11T02:07:39  *** emilengler has quit IRC
 30 2019-10-11T02:29:17  *** arik__ has quit IRC
 31 2019-10-11T02:37:08  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 32 2019-10-11T02:40:05  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
 33 2019-10-11T02:49:38  *** hebasto has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 34 2019-10-11T02:53:03  *** esotericnonsense has quit IRC
 35 2019-10-11T02:54:48  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 36 2019-10-11T02:57:37  *** arik_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 37 2019-10-11T02:59:14  *** promag has quit IRC
 38 2019-10-11T03:00:00  *** votesmith has quit IRC
 39 2019-10-11T03:00:01  *** Windurr has quit IRC
 40 2019-10-11T03:02:08  *** arik_ has quit IRC
 41 2019-10-11T03:05:04  *** nosss2 has quit IRC
 42 2019-10-11T03:05:39  *** votesmith has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 43 2019-10-11T03:18:20  *** jsfan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 44 2019-10-11T03:20:02  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
 45 2019-10-11T03:21:08  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 46 2019-10-11T03:21:31  *** captjakk has quit IRC
 47 2019-10-11T03:43:50  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 48 2019-10-11T03:43:51  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jtimon opened pull request #17106: Chainparams: Decouple AllowSetMockTime from MineBlocksOnDemand (master...b20-chainparams-mocktime) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17106
 49 2019-10-11T03:43:52  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 50 2019-10-11T03:57:23  *** hebasto has quit IRC
 51 2019-10-11T04:02:23  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 52 2019-10-11T04:09:54  *** jtimon has quit IRC
 53 2019-10-11T04:10:03  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 54 2019-10-11T04:15:52  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
 55 2019-10-11T04:35:37  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 56 2019-10-11T05:08:37  *** tsujp has quit IRC
 57 2019-10-11T05:15:32  *** tsujp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 58 2019-10-11T05:34:57  *** tsujp has quit IRC
 59 2019-10-11T05:35:01  *** arik_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 60 2019-10-11T05:35:55  *** shesek has quit IRC
 61 2019-10-11T05:36:21  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 62 2019-10-11T05:37:48  *** tsujp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 63 2019-10-11T05:47:15  *** hardforkthis7 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 64 2019-10-11T05:47:40  *** paracyst_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 65 2019-10-11T05:47:44  *** MarcoFalke_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 66 2019-10-11T05:49:50  *** nickler_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 67 2019-10-11T05:49:58  *** gwollon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 68 2019-10-11T05:51:00  *** mr_burdell_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 69 2019-10-11T05:53:35  *** warren_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 70 2019-10-11T05:53:38  *** somethinglittle has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 71 2019-10-11T05:53:39  *** treyzania_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 72 2019-10-11T05:54:15  *** jamesl22_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 73 2019-10-11T05:54:35  *** phantomcircuit has quit IRC
 74 2019-10-11T05:54:35  *** hardforkthis has quit IRC
 75 2019-10-11T05:54:35  *** MarcoFalke has quit IRC
 76 2019-10-11T05:54:35  *** paracyst has quit IRC
 77 2019-10-11T05:54:35  *** warren has quit IRC
 78 2019-10-11T05:54:35  *** treyzania has quit IRC
 79 2019-10-11T05:54:35  *** mr_burdell has quit IRC
 80 2019-10-11T05:54:35  *** spaced0ut has quit IRC
 81 2019-10-11T05:54:35  *** nsh has quit IRC
 82 2019-10-11T05:54:35  *** gwillen has quit IRC
 83 2019-10-11T05:54:35  *** nickler has quit IRC
 84 2019-10-11T05:54:35  *** jamesl22 has quit IRC
 85 2019-10-11T05:54:36  *** nothingmuch has quit IRC
 86 2019-10-11T05:54:36  *** nsh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 87 2019-10-11T05:54:36  *** nsh has quit IRC
 88 2019-10-11T05:54:37  *** nsh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 89 2019-10-11T05:54:41  *** phantomcircuit_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 90 2019-10-11T05:55:15  *** esotericnonsense has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 91 2019-10-11T06:00:01  *** jsfan has quit IRC
 92 2019-10-11T06:11:37  *** niska has quit IRC
 93 2019-10-11T06:14:01  *** niska has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 94 2019-10-11T06:18:26  *** Mark_Cockrell has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 95 2019-10-11T06:24:35  *** tsujp has quit IRC
 96 2019-10-11T06:32:16  *** mryandao_ has quit IRC
 97 2019-10-11T06:32:58  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 98 2019-10-11T06:33:54  *** mryandao has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 99 2019-10-11T06:36:11  *** arik_ has quit IRC
100 2019-10-11T06:37:39  *** tsujp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
101 2019-10-11T06:38:19  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
102 2019-10-11T06:53:35  *** promag has quit IRC
103 2019-10-11T07:04:45  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
104 2019-10-11T07:06:40  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
105 2019-10-11T07:08:37  *** promag has quit IRC
106 2019-10-11T07:11:34  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
107 2019-10-11T07:12:03  *** face has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
108 2019-10-11T07:12:24  *** SiAnDoG_ has quit IRC
109 2019-10-11T07:15:39  *** promag has quit IRC
110 2019-10-11T07:25:43  *** jonatack has quit IRC
111 2019-10-11T07:31:22  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
112 2019-10-11T07:55:45  *** tsujp has quit IRC
113 2019-10-11T08:01:19  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
114 2019-10-11T08:13:09  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
115 2019-10-11T08:14:59  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
116 2019-10-11T08:15:54  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
117 2019-10-11T08:18:17  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
118 2019-10-11T08:21:48  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
119 2019-10-11T08:30:00  *** marcoagner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
120 2019-10-11T08:37:37  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
121 2019-10-11T08:40:26  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
122 2019-10-11T08:44:57  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
123 2019-10-11T08:45:49  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
124 2019-10-11T08:46:26  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
125 2019-10-11T09:00:02  *** Mark_Cockrell has quit IRC
126 2019-10-11T09:07:30  *** tsujp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
127 2019-10-11T09:07:49  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
128 2019-10-11T09:13:45  *** sendak has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
129 2019-10-11T09:15:14  *** mmgen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
130 2019-10-11T09:17:21  *** Deinogalerix21 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
131 2019-10-11T09:22:53  *** tsujp has quit IRC
132 2019-10-11T09:26:20  *** tsujp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2019-10-11T09:28:23  *** gkrizek has quit IRC
134 2019-10-11T09:28:47  *** gkrizek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
135 2019-10-11T09:30:48  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
136 2019-10-11T09:31:01  *** pabed____ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
137 2019-10-11T09:35:40  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2019-10-11T09:56:51  *** jonatack has quit IRC
139 2019-10-11T10:03:21  *** m1rror8955363887 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
140 2019-10-11T10:09:48  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
141 2019-10-11T10:15:19  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
142 2019-10-11T10:43:50  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
143 2019-10-11T10:55:46  *** Deinogalerix21 has quit IRC
144 2019-10-11T11:16:24  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
145 2019-10-11T11:21:48  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
146 2019-10-11T11:40:32  *** pabed____ has quit IRC
147 2019-10-11T11:42:05  *** felixfoertsch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
148 2019-10-11T11:46:04  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
149 2019-10-11T11:46:33  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
150 2019-10-11T12:00:02  *** sendak has quit IRC
151 2019-10-11T12:04:20  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
152 2019-10-11T12:10:59  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
153 2019-10-11T12:17:09  *** Stuk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
154 2019-10-11T12:30:35  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
155 2019-10-11T12:36:17  *** setpill has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
156 2019-10-11T12:49:00  *** goatpig has quit IRC
157 2019-10-11T12:49:44  *** diogosergio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
158 2019-10-11T13:00:03  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
159 2019-10-11T13:00:03  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/08ed87e8875d...826158761098
160 2019-10-11T13:00:04  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa191c0 MarcoFalke: doc: Add missing indexes/blockfilter/basic/ to doc/files.md
161 2019-10-11T13:00:04  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8261587 fanquake: Merge #17102: doc: Add missing indexes/blockfilter/basic to doc/files.md
162 2019-10-11T13:00:06  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
163 2019-10-11T13:00:24  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
164 2019-10-11T13:00:24  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #17102: doc: Add missing indexes/blockfilter/basic to doc/files.md (master...1909-docFilesBlockFilterIndex) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17102
165 2019-10-11T13:00:25  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
166 2019-10-11T13:01:17  *** diogosergio has quit IRC
167 2019-10-11T13:05:55  *** spaced0ut has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
168 2019-10-11T13:09:58  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
169 2019-10-11T13:09:58  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #17108: test: fix "tx-size-small" errors after default address change (master...20191011-test-fix_tx-size-small_errors_after_default_address_change) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17108
170 2019-10-11T13:09:59  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
171 2019-10-11T13:19:27  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
172 2019-10-11T13:20:43  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
173 2019-10-11T13:23:16  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
174 2019-10-11T13:26:38  *** diogosergio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
175 2019-10-11T13:31:17  *** diogosergio has quit IRC
176 2019-10-11T13:35:17  <promag> MarcoFalke_: is #17107 sporadic?
177 2019-10-11T13:35:18  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17107 | qa: rpc_net.py failed · Issue #17107 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
178 2019-10-11T13:37:37  *** jonatack has quit IRC
179 2019-10-11T13:44:53  *** goatpig has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
180 2019-10-11T13:47:02  *** lightlike has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
181 2019-10-11T13:54:00  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
182 2019-10-11T13:58:53  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
183 2019-10-11T13:58:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift opened pull request #17109: tests: Add fuzzing harness for various functions consuming only integrals (master...fuzzers-integrals) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17109
184 2019-10-11T13:58:54  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
185 2019-10-11T13:59:20  <instagibbs> MarcoFalke_, I'm very proud I did the serialization math on paper and was right!
186 2019-10-11T13:59:54  *** diogosergio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
187 2019-10-11T14:06:14  *** diogosergio has quit IRC
188 2019-10-11T14:06:31  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
189 2019-10-11T14:08:49  *** hsmiths has quit IRC
190 2019-10-11T14:11:33  *** setpill has quit IRC
191 2019-10-11T14:17:49  *** gribble has quit IRC
192 2019-10-11T14:30:49  *** gribble has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
193 2019-10-11T14:38:04  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
194 2019-10-11T14:38:27  *** diogosergio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
195 2019-10-11T14:39:08  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
196 2019-10-11T14:42:10  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
197 2019-10-11T14:42:57  *** diogosergio has quit IRC
198 2019-10-11T14:44:24  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
199 2019-10-11T14:50:03  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
200 2019-10-11T14:52:32  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
201 2019-10-11T14:58:14  <kanzure> what? "The getaccountaddress method has not been replaced in bitcoincore, so there is a new parameter of otsd to set a static address for donation."
202 2019-10-11T14:58:23  <kanzure> from https://github.com/opentimestamps/opentimestamps-server/pull/59
203 2019-10-11T14:59:01  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
204 2019-10-11T15:00:01  *** Stuk has quit IRC
205 2019-10-11T15:01:39  *** somethinglittle is now known as nothingmuch
206 2019-10-11T15:02:42  *** zenogais has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
207 2019-10-11T15:02:54  <instagibbs> there's no "getlabeladdress" type functionality that is true
208 2019-10-11T15:05:00  *** captjakk has quit IRC
209 2019-10-11T15:11:08  *** face has quit IRC
210 2019-10-11T15:14:29  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
211 2019-10-11T15:18:09  *** dougsko1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
212 2019-10-11T15:21:55  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
213 2019-10-11T15:21:59  <ryanofsky> you can still call getnewaddress with a label. but getaccountaddress would return a stable receive address for the account, which is not a thing labels track anymore
214 2019-10-11T15:22:08  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
215 2019-10-11T15:22:08  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jnewbery closed pull request #15810: [WIP] mempool: Remove nAbsurdFee fee from AcceptToMemoryPool (master...2019-04-remove-absurd-fee) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15810
216 2019-10-11T15:22:10  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
217 2019-10-11T15:22:34  *** cubancorona2 has quit IRC
218 2019-10-11T15:31:16  *** jonatack has quit IRC
219 2019-10-11T15:34:05  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
220 2019-10-11T15:38:42  *** ajonas has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
221 2019-10-11T15:39:10  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
222 2019-10-11T15:39:14  *** diogosergio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
223 2019-10-11T15:45:44  *** diogosergio has quit IRC
224 2019-10-11T15:47:35  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
225 2019-10-11T15:49:53  *** rex4539 has quit IRC
226 2019-10-11T15:51:26  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
227 2019-10-11T15:51:39  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
228 2019-10-11T15:55:03  *** tochka4 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
229 2019-10-11T15:57:45  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
230 2019-10-11T15:57:46  *** tochka4 has quit IRC
231 2019-10-11T16:04:21  *** niska has quit IRC
232 2019-10-11T16:04:59  *** niska has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
233 2019-10-11T16:08:38  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
234 2019-10-11T16:13:09  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
235 2019-10-11T16:17:31  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
236 2019-10-11T16:18:26  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
237 2019-10-11T16:19:30  *** hsmiths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
238 2019-10-11T16:19:33  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
239 2019-10-11T16:21:51  *** nosss2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
240 2019-10-11T16:27:51  *** rex4539 has quit IRC
241 2019-10-11T16:33:02  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
242 2019-10-11T16:33:31  *** millerti has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
243 2019-10-11T16:36:18  *** laptop500 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
244 2019-10-11T16:39:17  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
245 2019-10-11T16:39:29  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
246 2019-10-11T16:40:49  *** kljasdfvv has quit IRC
247 2019-10-11T16:41:50  *** diogosergio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
248 2019-10-11T16:46:40  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
249 2019-10-11T16:46:42  *** diogosergio has quit IRC
250 2019-10-11T16:55:03  *** goatpig has quit IRC
251 2019-10-11T17:03:38  *** m1rror8955363887 has quit IRC
252 2019-10-11T17:04:09  *** m1rror8955363887 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
253 2019-10-11T17:07:21  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
254 2019-10-11T17:07:24  *** timothy has quit IRC
255 2019-10-11T17:09:00  *** qubenix_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
256 2019-10-11T17:10:23  *** qubenix has quit IRC
257 2019-10-11T17:10:23  *** qubenix_ is now known as qubenix
258 2019-10-11T17:11:58  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
259 2019-10-11T17:13:31  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
260 2019-10-11T17:13:37  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
261 2019-10-11T17:13:50  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
262 2019-10-11T17:15:09  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
263 2019-10-11T17:16:06  *** arik_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
264 2019-10-11T17:21:16  <ryanofsky> can a maintainer add https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14053 to "chasing concept ack" column https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8
265 2019-10-11T17:21:51  *** arik_ has quit IRC
266 2019-10-11T17:23:14  *** rex4539 has quit IRC
267 2019-10-11T17:24:04  *** cubancorona has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
268 2019-10-11T17:27:10  *** Victor_sueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
269 2019-10-11T17:27:15  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
270 2019-10-11T17:28:37  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
271 2019-10-11T17:28:50  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
272 2019-10-11T17:29:05  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
273 2019-10-11T17:29:19  <fanquake> ryanofsky done
274 2019-10-11T17:29:36  <ryanofsky> thanks!
275 2019-10-11T17:30:13  *** ddustin has quit IRC
276 2019-10-11T17:30:36  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
277 2019-10-11T17:32:16  *** jarthur has quit IRC
278 2019-10-11T17:36:35  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
279 2019-10-11T17:37:33  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
280 2019-10-11T17:38:32  *** arik_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
281 2019-10-11T17:41:21  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
282 2019-10-11T17:42:52  *** goatpig has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
283 2019-10-11T17:53:10  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
284 2019-10-11T17:58:19  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
285 2019-10-11T18:00:02  *** dougsko1 has quit IRC
286 2019-10-11T18:01:18  *** captjakk has quit IRC
287 2019-10-11T18:01:30  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
288 2019-10-11T18:02:32  *** captjakk has quit IRC
289 2019-10-11T18:04:04  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
290 2019-10-11T18:04:13  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
291 2019-10-11T18:05:06  *** Randolf is now known as LumberCartel
292 2019-10-11T18:05:47  *** LumberCartel is now known as Randolf
293 2019-10-11T18:07:53  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
294 2019-10-11T18:13:34  *** PaulTroon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
295 2019-10-11T18:15:44  *** OldMiner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
296 2019-10-11T18:16:36  *** arik_ has quit IRC
297 2019-10-11T18:18:03  *** rex4539 has quit IRC
298 2019-10-11T18:18:04  *** fox2p has quit IRC
299 2019-10-11T18:18:25  *** fox2p_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
300 2019-10-11T18:21:56  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
301 2019-10-11T18:23:19  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
302 2019-10-11T18:25:08  *** fox2p has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
303 2019-10-11T18:25:17  *** fox2p_ has quit IRC
304 2019-10-11T18:26:34  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
305 2019-10-11T18:26:34  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/826158761098...f4d93078dde5
306 2019-10-11T18:26:35  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa91590 MarcoFalke: build: Add README.md to DIST target
307 2019-10-11T18:26:35  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f4d9307 MarcoFalke: Merge #17097: build: Add README.md to DIST target
308 2019-10-11T18:26:37  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
309 2019-10-11T18:26:54  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
310 2019-10-11T18:26:54  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #17097: build: Add README.md to DIST target (master...1909-buildDocDist) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17097
311 2019-10-11T18:26:55  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
312 2019-10-11T18:27:43  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
313 2019-10-11T18:29:46  *** Randolf has quit IRC
314 2019-10-11T18:30:50  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
315 2019-10-11T18:32:57  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
316 2019-10-11T18:35:57  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
317 2019-10-11T18:36:01  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
318 2019-10-11T18:36:07  *** Highway62 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
319 2019-10-11T18:37:14  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
320 2019-10-11T18:38:10  *** jarthur has quit IRC
321 2019-10-11T18:38:30  *** Highway62 is now known as Highway61
322 2019-10-11T18:40:11  *** rex4539 has quit IRC
323 2019-10-11T18:46:05  *** owowo has quit IRC
324 2019-10-11T18:50:28  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
325 2019-10-11T18:53:09  <meshcollider> Reminder wallet meeting is on today :)
326 2019-10-11T18:56:17  *** Randolf has quit IRC
327 2019-10-11T18:56:26  *** goatpig has quit IRC
328 2019-10-11T18:58:04  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
329 2019-10-11T19:00:08  <achow101> wallet meeting?
330 2019-10-11T19:00:10  <meshcollider> #startmeeting
331 2019-10-11T19:00:10  <lightningbot> Meeting started Fri Oct 11 19:00:10 2019 UTC.  The chair is meshcollider. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
332 2019-10-11T19:00:10  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
333 2019-10-11T19:00:16  <meshcollider> #bitcoin-core-dev Wallet Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball
334 2019-10-11T19:00:18  <provoostenator> hi
335 2019-10-11T19:00:21  <achow101> hi
336 2019-10-11T19:01:04  <achow101> it looks like #16341 is getting close, 2 acks now
337 2019-10-11T19:01:07  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16341 | Introduce ScriptPubKeyMan interface and use it for key and script management (aka wallet boxes) by achow101 · Pull Request #16341 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
338 2019-10-11T19:01:14  <kanzure> hi
339 2019-10-11T19:01:41  <provoostenator> I think it needs another pair of wallet expert eyes though.
340 2019-10-11T19:01:46  <meshcollider> I've been slowly getting through review of it too
341 2019-10-11T19:02:00  <meshcollider> It looks very good though
342 2019-10-11T19:02:14  <meshcollider> achow101: what do you think of russ' branch
343 2019-10-11T19:02:21  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
344 2019-10-11T19:02:29  <sipa> hi
345 2019-10-11T19:02:55  <achow101> it did the thing I wanted to avoid which were the 2 ginormous commits at the beginning
346 2019-10-11T19:02:56  <provoostenator> As I commented, I found it helpful for comparison-review, but -0 on replacing it, because it's not very granular.
347 2019-10-11T19:03:20  <meshcollider> Yep sweet as :)
348 2019-10-11T19:03:24  *** goatpig has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
349 2019-10-11T19:03:48  <meshcollider> Ok so with 0.19 branched now, what are the wallet priorities for the next few months
350 2019-10-11T19:04:01  <provoostenator> Descriptor wallets would be awesome
351 2019-10-11T19:04:13  <achow101> if 16341 gets merged soon, descriptor wallets i guess?
352 2019-10-11T19:04:37  <achow101> I rebased the descriptor wallets pr a few days ago and i'll make it not WIP once 16341 is merged
353 2019-10-11T19:04:41  <meshcollider> Yes
354 2019-10-11T19:04:43  <meshcollider> Ok
355 2019-10-11T19:05:06  <meshcollider> Other than that though is anyone else working on anything orthogonal
356 2019-10-11T19:05:31  <meshcollider> How is the hardware wallet stuff looking for near term provoo
357 2019-10-11T19:05:36  <meshcollider> provoostenator *
358 2019-10-11T19:05:45  <provoostenator> I'm working on adding hardware wallet support to the GUI, in various orthogonal ways. #16966 is probably a good starting point.
359 2019-10-11T19:05:47  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16966 | ui: make send a wizard by Sjors · Pull Request #16966 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
360 2019-10-11T19:06:05  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
361 2019-10-11T19:06:28  <meshcollider> Why is it a draft?
362 2019-10-11T19:06:37  <achow101> there's a plan to make a gui for HWI to complement #16944
363 2019-10-11T19:06:39  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16944 | gui: create PSBT with watch-only wallet by Sjors · Pull Request #16944 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
364 2019-10-11T19:07:00  <provoostenator> meshcollider: because there's a few ugly  things in it and a memoery leak :-) But will be undraft soon.
365 2019-10-11T19:07:56  <provoostenator> As for RPC hardware wallet support, I'll get that in review-worthy shape once descriptor wallets are merged. I do keep it rebased in the mean time: #16895
366 2019-10-11T19:07:58  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16895 | External signer multisig support by Sjors · Pull Request #16895 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
367 2019-10-11T19:08:12  <instagibbs> oh hi
368 2019-10-11T19:08:23  <provoostenator> ^ although that got "needs rebase" almost immedidatley after I last rebased it yesterday.
369 2019-10-11T19:08:28  <meshcollider> Very nice, sounds good
370 2019-10-11T19:08:32  <meshcollider> haha
371 2019-10-11T19:08:36  <achow101> I also have some transaction and key handling optimizations-ish that i'm holding off for after wallet boxes since they conflict
372 2019-10-11T19:08:51  <provoostenator> Maybe we can expand the descriptor wallet project to include hardware wallets?
373 2019-10-11T19:09:23  <instagibbs> seems like its own project tbh, may have a number of steps
374 2019-10-11T19:09:29  <achow101> imo there should be a hardware wallet project that includes the descriptor wallet project
375 2019-10-11T19:09:53  <meshcollider> The descriptor wallet project can be superceded once the two main PRs go in
376 2019-10-11T19:10:00  <achow101> yeah
377 2019-10-11T19:10:34  <meshcollider> I guess there's also some GUI wallet stuff like #15204 that has been waiting a while
378 2019-10-11T19:10:37  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15204 | gui: Add Open External Wallet action by promag · Pull Request #15204 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
379 2019-10-11T19:10:56  <meshcollider> Ok so any topics people want to discuss today?
380 2019-10-11T19:12:43  <instagibbs> miniscript for signing post-descriptor wallet?
381 2019-10-11T19:12:50  <instagibbs> how much work is that sipa :P
382 2019-10-11T19:12:51  *** rex4539 has quit IRC
383 2019-10-11T19:13:01  <achow101> requires all of miniscript?
384 2019-10-11T19:13:01  <sipa> did someone say miniscript?
385 2019-10-11T19:13:26  <sipa> well we have one unsolved problem still, which is accurate witness size estimation for generic miniscript
386 2019-10-11T19:13:35  <instagibbs> Oh! ok
387 2019-10-11T19:13:45  <sipa> but signing is a solved problem
388 2019-10-11T19:13:48  <sipa> i have code :)
389 2019-10-11T19:13:57  <sipa> tested against consensus/standardness
390 2019-10-11T19:14:07  <achow101> when pr
391 2019-10-11T19:14:23  <instagibbs> very nice. I am dreaming of telescoping multisig policies and other nonsense for personal use ;P
392 2019-10-11T19:14:25  <sipa> #16800
393 2019-10-11T19:14:26  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16800 | Basic Miniscript support in output descriptors by sipa · Pull Request #16800 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
394 2019-10-11T19:14:41  <sipa> that's the first step :)
395 2019-10-11T19:15:24  <instagibbs> ah yes 2000 loc
396 2019-10-11T19:15:35  <sipa> a lot is tests :p
397 2019-10-11T19:15:48  <instagibbs> ok I guess that's on my review pile, alongside 16341
398 2019-10-11T19:15:52  <instagibbs> could you rebase
399 2019-10-11T19:16:17  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
400 2019-10-11T19:16:17  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ernestognw opened pull request #17110: fix(appveyor): Add -l test_suite to .appveyor.yaml. (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17110
401 2019-10-11T19:16:18  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
402 2019-10-11T19:16:19  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
403 2019-10-11T19:16:28  <achow101> just a thought, if descriptor wallets is released before miniscript descriptors, we will need to have a wallet flag or something to avoid people making wallets with miniscript descriptors that aren't backwards compatible
404 2019-10-11T19:17:10  <meshcollider> sipa are you waiting for #16889 before rebasinf
405 2019-10-11T19:17:12  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16889 | Add some general std::vector utility functions by sipa · Pull Request #16889 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
406 2019-10-11T19:17:17  <instagibbs> throw Solver at things you're importing that involve privkeys, or something
407 2019-10-11T19:17:18  <instagibbs> yeah
408 2019-10-11T19:19:24  <sipa> meshcollider: i'm sure 16889 will be merged long before miniscript is actually merge-ready
409 2019-10-11T19:20:06  <sipa> i can rebase; there are a bunch of improvements in the miniscript repo (https://github.com/sipa/miniscript) that i need to include in the PR as well
410 2019-10-11T19:20:29  <sipa> preventing stack overflow when parsing among them, which is kind of a deal breaker...
411 2019-10-11T19:20:37  <achow101> is there going to be a bip for miniscript and descriptors?
412 2019-10-11T19:20:43  <sipa> imho, no
413 2019-10-11T19:21:16  <sipa> i think we should aim to make sure that wherever two pieces of software accept the same descriptor, it refers to the same script in both
414 2019-10-11T19:21:30  <sipa> but there isn't much of a requirement that everyone supports the exact same set of features
415 2019-10-11T19:22:14  <sipa> i think we could have a bip at some point that simply defines the miniscript-compatible subset of script
416 2019-10-11T19:22:18  <sipa> but maybe not now
417 2019-10-11T19:22:31  <achow101> ok
418 2019-10-11T19:22:56  <sipa> because say a hardware signing device that supports miniscript doesn't actually need to support its textual notation
419 2019-10-11T19:23:07  <achow101> i've heard that some other wallet devs are intereseted in using miniscript and descriptors so it would be nice to have some "official" docs
420 2019-10-11T19:23:22  <sipa> http://bitcoin.sipa.be/miniscript/ :)
421 2019-10-11T19:24:10  <achow101> sure, but bips are cooler :)
422 2019-10-11T19:24:22  <instagibbs> libraries even cooler
423 2019-10-11T19:24:22  <sipa> yeah, maybe at some point
424 2019-10-11T19:24:26  <sipa> ^
425 2019-10-11T19:25:35  <sipa> https://github.com/sipa/miniscript/issues/26
426 2019-10-11T19:28:58  *** rex4539 has quit IRC
427 2019-10-11T19:29:33  <instagibbs> sipa, if you can't estimate witness size in closed form or whatever you call it, why can't it just sign(hallucinate using other privkeys if it doesn't have them) and just see the end witness size?
428 2019-10-11T19:29:48  <sipa> instagibbs: that may be intractable
429 2019-10-11T19:30:00  <sipa> if there are 100 keys involved, you have 2^100 combinations to try
430 2019-10-11T19:30:49  <instagibbs> not quite getting it, if you are told you know specific keys, why is it slower than actually signing, or is this begging the question
431 2019-10-11T19:31:11  <sipa> instagibbs: oh by witness size estimation i mean before you know which keys are going to be involved in signing
432 2019-10-11T19:31:20  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
433 2019-10-11T19:32:14  <sipa> it's trivial to do if you do know this
434 2019-10-11T19:32:20  <instagibbs> ok
435 2019-10-11T19:32:23  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
436 2019-10-11T19:32:36  *** zenogais has quit IRC
437 2019-10-11T19:33:11  <achow101> why do you need to know the witness size before knowing who is going to sign?
438 2019-10-11T19:33:36  <sipa> because you're going to construct a PSBT that takes this into account for its
439 2019-10-11T19:33:39  <sipa> fee
440 2019-10-11T19:33:45  <sipa> and then pass it around by everyone, and see what comes out
441 2019-10-11T19:34:06  <sipa> if you know exactly ahead of time which participants will be online, that's easy
442 2019-10-11T19:34:35  <sipa> another side of it is that the signers may want to know that what they're signing will eventually have an acceptable feerate
443 2019-10-11T19:34:57  <sipa> but they may not know which other signers will eventually contribute
444 2019-10-11T19:35:19  <meshcollider> But the size varies right? There is no "size" before you know
445 2019-10-11T19:35:28  <sipa> there is an upper bound
446 2019-10-11T19:35:51  <achow101> is it just too expensive to compute the size for all possible valid signer combinations and just choose the largest?
447 2019-10-11T19:36:21  <sipa> if there are more than a dozen keys involves that may become quickly become intractable
448 2019-10-11T19:37:00  <meshcollider> E.g. like a segment tree
449 2019-10-11T19:37:02  <sipa> and we used to think we had an efficient algorithm for this, but turns out it actually doesn't work :p
450 2019-10-11T19:38:07  <instagibbs> miniscript friendship over
451 2019-10-11T19:38:22  <meshcollider> lol
452 2019-10-11T19:38:34  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
453 2019-10-11T19:38:39  <sipa> haha
454 2019-10-11T19:39:11  <sipa> with a less tight conservative estimate it's easy still... but it may overshoot by a lot in some cases
455 2019-10-11T19:40:09  <meshcollider> is the original algorithm + it's issue documented somewhere
456 2019-10-11T19:40:30  <instagibbs> well, good to know, for now for descriptor wallet purposes we just assume we will pick keys then estimate
457 2019-10-11T19:41:36  <meshcollider> Anything else to talk about today?
458 2019-10-11T19:42:41  <meshcollider> #endmeeting
459 2019-10-11T19:42:41  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Fri Oct 11 19:42:41 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
460 2019-10-11T19:42:41  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-10-11-19.00.html
461 2019-10-11T19:42:41  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-10-11-19.00.txt
462 2019-10-11T19:42:41  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-10-11-19.00.log.html
463 2019-10-11T19:42:56  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
464 2019-10-11T19:42:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #17111: doc: update bips.md with buried BIP9 deployments (master...1910-docBip9Buried) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17111
465 2019-10-11T19:42:57  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
466 2019-10-11T19:48:38  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
467 2019-10-11T19:51:04  *** PaulTroon has quit IRC
468 2019-10-11T20:08:29  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
469 2019-10-11T20:11:23  *** Highway62 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
470 2019-10-11T20:11:37  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
471 2019-10-11T20:11:38  *** Highway62 is now known as Highway61
472 2019-10-11T20:12:49  *** Randolf has quit IRC
473 2019-10-11T20:16:10  *** roconnor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
474 2019-10-11T20:30:09  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
475 2019-10-11T20:30:09  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/f4d93078dde5...561a7d30478b
476 2019-10-11T20:30:10  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 15ac916 Jon Layton: doc: Doxygen-friendly descriptor.h comments
477 2019-10-11T20:30:10  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 561a7d3 MarcoFalke: Merge #16947: doc: Doxygen-friendly script/descriptor.h comments
478 2019-10-11T20:30:12  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
479 2019-10-11T20:30:29  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
480 2019-10-11T20:30:29  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #16947: doc: Doxygen-friendly script/descriptor.h comments (master...doc/descriptor-docs) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16947
481 2019-10-11T20:30:30  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
482 2019-10-11T20:33:25  *** ddustin has quit IRC
483 2019-10-11T20:34:05  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
484 2019-10-11T20:38:28  *** ddustin has quit IRC
485 2019-10-11T20:40:19  *** shesek has quit IRC
486 2019-10-11T20:42:14  *** emilengler_ has quit IRC
487 2019-10-11T20:43:33  *** emilengler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
488 2019-10-11T20:44:01  *** roconnor has quit IRC
489 2019-10-11T20:45:24  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
490 2019-10-11T20:50:03  *** Highway62 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
491 2019-10-11T20:50:57  *** goatpig has quit IRC
492 2019-10-11T20:50:59  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
493 2019-10-11T20:51:00  *** Highway62 is now known as Highway61
494 2019-10-11T20:52:50  *** roconnor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
495 2019-10-11T21:00:02  *** OldMiner has quit IRC
496 2019-10-11T21:00:51  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
497 2019-10-11T21:06:37  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
498 2019-10-11T21:06:38  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #16564: test: Always define the raii_event_tests test suite (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16564
499 2019-10-11T21:06:50  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
500 2019-10-11T21:07:07  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
501 2019-10-11T21:07:08  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke reopened pull request #16564: test: Always define the raii_event_tests test suite (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16564
502 2019-10-11T21:07:08  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
503 2019-10-11T21:16:17  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
504 2019-10-11T21:17:34  *** bpalmer1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
505 2019-10-11T21:18:00  *** mmgen has quit IRC
506 2019-10-11T21:31:04  *** roconnor has quit IRC
507 2019-10-11T21:46:51  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
508 2019-10-11T21:47:52  *** roconnor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
509 2019-10-11T21:49:25  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
510 2019-10-11T21:53:53  *** ddustin has quit IRC
511 2019-10-11T22:06:48  *** TheRec has quit IRC
512 2019-10-11T22:08:01  *** captjakk has quit IRC
513 2019-10-11T22:08:08  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
514 2019-10-11T22:08:09  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
515 2019-10-11T22:08:09  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
516 2019-10-11T22:09:57  *** owowo has quit IRC
517 2019-10-11T22:16:09  *** TheRec has quit IRC
518 2019-10-11T22:16:18  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
519 2019-10-11T22:16:27  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
520 2019-10-11T22:16:28  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
521 2019-10-11T22:20:22  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
522 2019-10-11T22:24:53  *** ddustin has quit IRC
523 2019-10-11T22:27:41  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
524 2019-10-11T22:29:52  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
525 2019-10-11T22:37:07  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
526 2019-10-11T22:45:46  *** goatpig has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
527 2019-10-11T22:56:53  *** promag has quit IRC
528 2019-10-11T22:58:49  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
529 2019-10-11T22:59:05  <luke-jr> MarcoFalke_: what's with the nonsensical travis?
530 2019-10-11T23:01:06  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
531 2019-10-11T23:10:53  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
532 2019-10-11T23:22:46  <captjakk> is pruning random? or is it always the most recent set of data that is kept?
533 2019-10-11T23:24:00  <luke-jr> there is a random factor, but only the most recent set is considered kept
534 2019-10-11T23:24:18  <luke-jr> (blocks are downloaded out of order, and block files are only pruned when they have nothing remaining of interest)
535 2019-10-11T23:24:38  <captjakk> so in order to sync from genesis you have to connect to a full archive node
536 2019-10-11T23:25:09  <captjakk> pruning nodes will never have block height 1 for instance
537 2019-10-11T23:25:11  <captjakk> ?
538 2019-10-11T23:26:46  *** promag has quit IRC
539 2019-10-11T23:31:20  *** arik_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
540 2019-10-11T23:33:24  *** captjakk has quit IRC
541 2019-10-11T23:34:47  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
542 2019-10-11T23:39:16  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
543 2019-10-11T23:40:39  *** captjakk has quit IRC
544 2019-10-11T23:43:42  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
545 2019-10-11T23:47:58  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
546 2019-10-11T23:49:35  *** ddustin has quit IRC
547 2019-10-11T23:52:02  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
548 2019-10-11T23:55:26  *** goatpig has quit IRC
549 2019-10-11T23:56:03  *** captjakk has quit IRC