1 2019-10-24T00:00:01  *** zalun1 has quit IRC
  2 2019-10-24T00:04:37  *** andytosh1 has quit IRC
  3 2019-10-24T00:11:21  *** Aaronvan_ has quit IRC
  4 2019-10-24T00:11:32  *** Suntop1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  5 2019-10-24T00:12:59  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  6 2019-10-24T00:14:28  *** niska has quit IRC
  7 2019-10-24T00:19:44  *** niska has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  8 2019-10-24T00:31:49  *** andytoshi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  9 2019-10-24T00:34:17  *** TheRec has quit IRC
 10 2019-10-24T00:36:18  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
 11 2019-10-24T00:36:38  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 12 2019-10-24T00:36:39  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 13 2019-10-24T00:42:37  *** arik_ has quit IRC
 14 2019-10-24T00:49:52  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 15 2019-10-24T00:50:36  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 16 2019-10-24T00:52:35  *** jarthur has quit IRC
 17 2019-10-24T00:55:15  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 18 2019-10-24T01:00:36  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 19 2019-10-24T01:03:22  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
 20 2019-10-24T01:08:15  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 21 2019-10-24T01:08:15  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] RandyMcMillan closed pull request #17214: build: update retry to current version (master...retry) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17214
 22 2019-10-24T01:08:26  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2019-10-24T01:08:50  *** _Francisco_ has quit IRC
 24 2019-10-24T01:12:37  *** andytoshi has quit IRC
 25 2019-10-24T01:13:05  *** ctrlbreak has quit IRC
 26 2019-10-24T01:13:29  *** ctrlbreak has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 27 2019-10-24T01:17:25  *** emilengler has quit IRC
 28 2019-10-24T01:20:24  *** jb55 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 29 2019-10-24T01:22:38  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 30 2019-10-24T01:24:24  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
 31 2019-10-24T01:25:01  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
 32 2019-10-24T01:26:02  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
 33 2019-10-24T01:26:07  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 34 2019-10-24T01:26:50  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 35 2019-10-24T01:28:55  *** jb55 has quit IRC
 36 2019-10-24T01:31:56  *** harrigan has quit IRC
 37 2019-10-24T01:34:37  *** harrigan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 38 2019-10-24T01:38:21  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
 39 2019-10-24T01:45:08  *** tryphe has quit IRC
 40 2019-10-24T01:45:36  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 41 2019-10-24T01:46:38  *** jb55 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 42 2019-10-24T01:52:04  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 43 2019-10-24T01:59:48  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 44 2019-10-24T02:04:02  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 45 2019-10-24T02:06:16  *** emilengler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 46 2019-10-24T02:25:50  *** ddustin has quit IRC
 47 2019-10-24T02:26:27  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 48 2019-10-24T02:31:15  *** ddustin has quit IRC
 49 2019-10-24T02:35:36  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 50 2019-10-24T02:39:39  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 51 2019-10-24T02:40:02  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
 52 2019-10-24T02:40:03  *** felixfoertsch has quit IRC
 53 2019-10-24T02:41:39  *** felixfoertsch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 54 2019-10-24T02:44:03  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 55 2019-10-24T03:00:01  *** Suntop1 has quit IRC
 56 2019-10-24T03:02:21  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 57 2019-10-24T03:07:23  *** promag_ has quit IRC
 58 2019-10-24T03:11:00  *** jb55 has quit IRC
 59 2019-10-24T03:11:23  *** limpkin1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 60 2019-10-24T03:12:47  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 61 2019-10-24T03:17:27  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 62 2019-10-24T03:21:19  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 63 2019-10-24T03:22:40  *** koti has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 64 2019-10-24T03:23:38  *** Eagle[TM] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 65 2019-10-24T03:24:10  *** jb55 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 66 2019-10-24T03:24:50  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
 67 2019-10-24T03:39:17  *** bastion-tester has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 68 2019-10-24T03:49:12  *** bastion-tester has quit IRC
 69 2019-10-24T03:49:27  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 70 2019-10-24T03:54:15  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 71 2019-10-24T03:55:58  *** bastion-tester has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 72 2019-10-24T03:57:12  *** bastion-tester has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 73 2019-10-24T04:03:55  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 74 2019-10-24T04:03:59  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
 75 2019-10-24T04:22:52  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 76 2019-10-24T04:25:01  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
 77 2019-10-24T04:27:33  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 78 2019-10-24T04:33:45  *** tsujp has quit IRC
 79 2019-10-24T04:35:08  *** tsujp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 80 2019-10-24T04:36:25  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 81 2019-10-24T04:42:21  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
 82 2019-10-24T04:42:45  *** ddustin has quit IRC
 83 2019-10-24T04:43:24  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 84 2019-10-24T04:43:46  *** bastion-tester has quit IRC
 85 2019-10-24T04:45:23  *** bastion-tester has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 86 2019-10-24T04:45:49  *** koti has quit IRC
 87 2019-10-24T04:48:03  *** ddustin has quit IRC
 88 2019-10-24T04:59:45  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 89 2019-10-24T05:00:19  *** bastion-tester has quit IRC
 90 2019-10-24T05:02:12  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 91 2019-10-24T05:03:21  *** bastion-tester has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 92 2019-10-24T05:04:33  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
 93 2019-10-24T05:07:01  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 94 2019-10-24T05:31:44  *** arubi has quit IRC
 95 2019-10-24T05:32:09  *** arubi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 96 2019-10-24T05:33:03  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 97 2019-10-24T05:37:51  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 98 2019-10-24T05:40:00  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 99 2019-10-24T05:56:59  *** Evel-Knievel has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
100 2019-10-24T06:00:01  *** limpkin1 has quit IRC
101 2019-10-24T06:06:17  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
102 2019-10-24T06:11:06  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
103 2019-10-24T06:13:17  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
104 2019-10-24T06:17:34  *** G13 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
105 2019-10-24T06:28:37  *** Eagle[TM] has quit IRC
106 2019-10-24T06:32:50  *** achow101 has quit IRC
107 2019-10-24T06:37:32  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
108 2019-10-24T06:38:18  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
109 2019-10-24T06:39:19  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
110 2019-10-24T06:42:31  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
111 2019-10-24T06:42:57  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
112 2019-10-24T06:43:58  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
113 2019-10-24T07:02:56  *** laptop_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
114 2019-10-24T07:06:26  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
115 2019-10-24T07:09:50  *** marcoagner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
116 2019-10-24T07:10:58  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
117 2019-10-24T07:18:57  *** promag has quit IRC
118 2019-10-24T07:22:09  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
119 2019-10-24T07:26:33  *** laptop_ has quit IRC
120 2019-10-24T07:40:21  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
121 2019-10-24T07:42:50  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
122 2019-10-24T07:44:44  *** achow101 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
123 2019-10-24T07:52:20  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
124 2019-10-24T07:55:59  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
125 2019-10-24T07:57:59  *** achow101 has quit IRC
126 2019-10-24T07:58:27  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
127 2019-10-24T08:01:06  *** achow101 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
128 2019-10-24T08:04:23  *** kristapsk has quit IRC
129 2019-10-24T08:04:43  *** kristapsk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
130 2019-10-24T08:07:57  <elichai2> Look at how they handle performance checks for PRs. I want this. https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/64595
131 2019-10-24T08:09:38  *** kabaum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
132 2019-10-24T08:10:56  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2019-10-24T08:12:39  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
134 2019-10-24T08:16:51  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
135 2019-10-24T08:16:52  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 5 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/c5ac7af7793a...8a191148db3f
136 2019-10-24T08:16:53  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8bba91b John Newbery: [wallet] Fix whitespace in CWallet::CommitTransaction()
137 2019-10-24T08:16:54  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b6f486a John Newbery: [wallet] Add doxygen comment to CWallet::CommitTransaction()
138 2019-10-24T08:16:54  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d1734f9 John Newbery: [wallet] Remove return value from CommitTransaction()
139 2019-10-24T08:16:56  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
140 2019-10-24T08:17:11  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
141 2019-10-24T08:17:11  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #17154: wallet: Remove return value from CommitTransaction (master...2019-04-CommitTransaction) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17154
142 2019-10-24T08:17:13  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
143 2019-10-24T08:17:15  *** promag has quit IRC
144 2019-10-24T08:19:57  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
145 2019-10-24T08:21:02  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
146 2019-10-24T08:24:53  *** promag has quit IRC
147 2019-10-24T08:24:54  *** promag_ has quit IRC
148 2019-10-24T08:25:09  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
149 2019-10-24T08:25:16  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
150 2019-10-24T08:27:28  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
151 2019-10-24T08:27:51  *** laptop_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
152 2019-10-24T08:32:07  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
153 2019-10-24T08:37:06  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
154 2019-10-24T08:39:09  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
155 2019-10-24T08:41:27  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
156 2019-10-24T08:43:29  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
157 2019-10-24T08:44:27  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
158 2019-10-24T08:47:33  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
159 2019-10-24T08:47:33  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] promag opened pull request #17237: wallet: LearnRelatedScripts only if KeepDestination (master...2019-10-wallet-reservedestination) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17237
160 2019-10-24T08:47:34  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
161 2019-10-24T08:50:11  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
162 2019-10-24T08:50:13  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 6 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/8a191148db3f...b688b859dbb2
163 2019-10-24T08:50:13  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a1a07cf John Newbery: [validation] Fix peer punishment for bad blocks
164 2019-10-24T08:50:14  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0053e16 John Newbery: [logging] Don't log REJECT code when transaction is rejected
165 2019-10-24T08:50:15  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e9d5a59 John Newbery: [validation] Remove REJECT code from CValidationState
166 2019-10-24T08:50:17  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
167 2019-10-24T08:50:31  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
168 2019-10-24T08:50:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #17004: validation: Remove REJECT code from CValidationState (master...2019-09-no-reject-validation-state) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17004
169 2019-10-24T08:50:33  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
170 2019-10-24T08:52:56  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
171 2019-10-24T09:00:01  *** G13 has quit IRC
172 2019-10-24T09:03:49  *** acked has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
173 2019-10-24T09:04:47  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
174 2019-10-24T09:12:06  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
175 2019-10-24T09:17:23  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
176 2019-10-24T09:20:15  *** acked has left #bitcoin-core-dev
177 2019-10-24T09:22:13  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
178 2019-10-24T09:31:46  *** nijynot has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
179 2019-10-24T09:34:24  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
180 2019-10-24T09:34:56  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
181 2019-10-24T09:36:36  *** tecnovert has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
182 2019-10-24T09:38:17  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
183 2019-10-24T09:42:54  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
184 2019-10-24T09:43:06  *** Giszmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
185 2019-10-24T09:43:54  *** Skirmant has quit IRC
186 2019-10-24T09:44:56  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
187 2019-10-24T09:46:42  *** ffej has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
188 2019-10-24T09:54:44  *** jonatack has quit IRC
189 2019-10-24T10:03:44  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
190 2019-10-24T10:37:16  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
191 2019-10-24T10:40:02  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
192 2019-10-24T10:41:03  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
193 2019-10-24T10:41:41  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
194 2019-10-24T10:42:32  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
195 2019-10-24T10:44:36  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
196 2019-10-24T10:48:22  *** Honthe has quit IRC
197 2019-10-24T11:06:33  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
198 2019-10-24T11:10:51  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
199 2019-10-24T11:11:41  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
200 2019-10-24T11:15:27  *** jonatack has quit IRC
201 2019-10-24T11:16:23  *** jonatack_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
202 2019-10-24T11:16:42  *** jonatack_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
203 2019-10-24T11:18:16  *** jonatack_ has quit IRC
204 2019-10-24T11:18:35  *** jonatack_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
205 2019-10-24T11:21:56  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
206 2019-10-24T11:22:47  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
207 2019-10-24T11:22:57  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
208 2019-10-24T11:28:33  *** pergaminho has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
209 2019-10-24T11:33:47  *** pergaminho has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
210 2019-10-24T11:42:15  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
211 2019-10-24T11:42:15  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/b688b859dbb2...205cffaf383c
212 2019-10-24T11:42:16  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0fc81a1 João Barbosa: gui: Fix payAmount tooltip in SendCoinsEntry
213 2019-10-24T11:42:16  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 205cffa Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #17226: gui: Fix payAmount tooltip in SendCoinsEntry
214 2019-10-24T11:42:18  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
215 2019-10-24T11:42:35  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
216 2019-10-24T11:42:35  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #17226: gui: Fix payAmount tooltip in SendCoinsEntry (master...2019-10-payamount-tooltip) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17226
217 2019-10-24T11:42:38  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
218 2019-10-24T11:43:08  *** promag has quit IRC
219 2019-10-24T11:45:01  *** promag_ has quit IRC
220 2019-10-24T11:46:21  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
221 2019-10-24T11:52:10  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
222 2019-10-24T11:59:34  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
223 2019-10-24T12:00:01  *** ffej has quit IRC
224 2019-10-24T12:02:56  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
225 2019-10-24T12:16:36  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
226 2019-10-24T12:17:47  *** ao2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
227 2019-10-24T12:18:11  *** ao2 is now known as Guest68338
228 2019-10-24T12:18:27  *** lightlike has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
229 2019-10-24T12:30:06  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
230 2019-10-24T12:32:44  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
231 2019-10-24T12:34:59  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
232 2019-10-24T12:35:00  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/205cffaf383c...d53828cb7968
233 2019-10-24T12:35:00  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master db4bd32 practicalswift: tests: Skip unnecessary fuzzer initialisation. Hold ECCVerifyHandle only w...
234 2019-10-24T12:35:01  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c2f964a practicalswift: tests: Remove Cygwin WinMain workaround
235 2019-10-24T12:35:01  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d53828c MarcoFalke: Merge #17235: tests: Skip unnecessary fuzzer initialisation. Hold ECCVerif...
236 2019-10-24T12:35:02  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
237 2019-10-24T12:35:19  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
238 2019-10-24T12:35:20  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #17235: tests: Skip unnecessary fuzzer initialisation. Hold ECCVerifyHandle only when needed. (master...fuzz-initialize-when-needed) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17235
239 2019-10-24T12:35:23  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
240 2019-10-24T12:40:55  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
241 2019-10-24T12:45:59  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
242 2019-10-24T12:53:19  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
243 2019-10-24T12:53:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sandakersmann closed pull request #17166: doc: Changed miniupnp links to https (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17166
244 2019-10-24T12:53:21  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
245 2019-10-24T12:58:08  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
246 2019-10-24T12:58:08  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sandakersmann opened pull request #17239: doc: Changed miniupnp links to https (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17239
247 2019-10-24T12:58:09  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
248 2019-10-24T13:00:17  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
249 2019-10-24T13:01:51  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
250 2019-10-24T13:04:03  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
251 2019-10-24T13:04:49  <ryanofsky> can add ariard pr #15931 to high priority reviews? first in a series of changes to make wallet sync code sane and nonblocking
252 2019-10-24T13:04:53  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15931 | Remove GetDepthInMainChain dependency on locked chain interface by ariard · Pull Request #15931 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
253 2019-10-24T13:05:41  *** davterra has quit IRC
254 2019-10-24T13:06:04  *** lowentropy has quit IRC
255 2019-10-24T13:06:19  *** lowentropy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
256 2019-10-24T13:07:40  *** davterra has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
257 2019-10-24T13:07:54  *** promag has quit IRC
258 2019-10-24T13:09:26  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
259 2019-10-24T13:15:55  *** andytoshi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
260 2019-10-24T13:15:55  *** andytoshi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
261 2019-10-24T13:27:01  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
262 2019-10-24T13:28:08  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
263 2019-10-24T13:30:48  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
264 2019-10-24T13:31:48  *** jonatack_ has quit IRC
265 2019-10-24T13:39:51  *** rex4539 has quit IRC
266 2019-10-24T13:46:46  *** nosss2 has quit IRC
267 2019-10-24T13:55:06  *** nosss2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
268 2019-10-24T14:00:02  *** nosss2 has quit IRC
269 2019-10-24T14:00:18  *** laptop_ has quit IRC
270 2019-10-24T14:11:59  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
271 2019-10-24T14:17:13  *** jonatack_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
272 2019-10-24T14:22:18  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
273 2019-10-24T14:26:49  *** jonatack_ has quit IRC
274 2019-10-24T14:27:10  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
275 2019-10-24T14:27:14  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
276 2019-10-24T14:28:51  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
277 2019-10-24T14:34:54  *** ddustin has quit IRC
278 2019-10-24T14:35:30  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
279 2019-10-24T14:39:53  *** ddustin has quit IRC
280 2019-10-24T14:41:50  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
281 2019-10-24T14:44:11  *** pergaminho has quit IRC
282 2019-10-24T14:46:49  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
283 2019-10-24T14:48:57  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
284 2019-10-24T14:51:34  *** pergaminho has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
285 2019-10-24T14:51:47  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
286 2019-10-24T14:52:59  *** thoragh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
287 2019-10-24T14:53:27  *** ddustin has quit IRC
288 2019-10-24T14:54:22  *** thoragh has left #bitcoin-core-dev
289 2019-10-24T14:56:02  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
290 2019-10-24T14:56:29  *** thoragh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
291 2019-10-24T14:58:49  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
292 2019-10-24T15:00:02  *** Guest68338 has quit IRC
293 2019-10-24T15:03:15  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
294 2019-10-24T15:06:54  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
295 2019-10-24T15:07:02  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
296 2019-10-24T15:08:03  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
297 2019-10-24T15:08:03  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #17054: [0.18.2] Backport of #15706 (0.18...check-qt-version-0.18) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17054
298 2019-10-24T15:08:04  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
299 2019-10-24T15:08:33  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
300 2019-10-24T15:12:18  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
301 2019-10-24T15:12:37  *** promag has quit IRC
302 2019-10-24T15:14:10  *** mmgen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
303 2019-10-24T15:15:18  *** andytoshi has quit IRC
304 2019-10-24T15:17:41  *** Aaaron has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
305 2019-10-24T15:28:57  *** nijynot has quit IRC
306 2019-10-24T15:36:57  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
307 2019-10-24T15:36:58  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/d53828cb7968...d7134ead84e3
308 2019-10-24T15:36:58  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6f68523 Marius Kjærstad: doc: Changed miniupnp links to https
309 2019-10-24T15:36:59  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d7134ea fanquake: Merge #17239: doc: Changed miniupnp links to https
310 2019-10-24T15:37:01  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
311 2019-10-24T15:37:17  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
312 2019-10-24T15:37:17  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #17239: doc: Changed miniupnp links to https (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17239
313 2019-10-24T15:37:20  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
314 2019-10-24T15:58:12  *** lowentropy has quit IRC
315 2019-10-24T15:58:24  *** lowentropy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
316 2019-10-24T15:58:40  *** mmgen has quit IRC
317 2019-10-24T16:09:45  *** ddustin has quit IRC
318 2019-10-24T16:14:47  *** nosss2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
319 2019-10-24T16:23:26  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
320 2019-10-24T16:23:46  *** roconnor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
321 2019-10-24T16:28:26  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
322 2019-10-24T16:28:27  *** mmgen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
323 2019-10-24T16:28:56  *** davterra has quit IRC
324 2019-10-24T16:31:50  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
325 2019-10-24T16:37:58  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
326 2019-10-24T16:39:22  *** captjakk has quit IRC
327 2019-10-24T16:45:52  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
328 2019-10-24T16:46:50  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
329 2019-10-24T16:47:41  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
330 2019-10-24T16:47:42  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #17240: ci: Disable functional tests on mac host (master...1910-ciNoFunMac) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17240
331 2019-10-24T16:47:42  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
332 2019-10-24T16:53:07  <wumpus> removed "waiting for author" and "needs rebase" from all closed PRs
333 2019-10-24T16:55:56  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
334 2019-10-24T16:57:14  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
335 2019-10-24T16:58:50  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
336 2019-10-24T16:58:58  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
337 2019-10-24T16:58:59  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jnewbery opened pull request #17241: [WIP] remove fCheckDuplicateInputs from CheckTransaction() (master...2019-10-fduplicateinputs) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17241
338 2019-10-24T16:59:02  *** timothy has quit IRC
339 2019-10-24T16:59:11  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
340 2019-10-24T16:59:32  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
341 2019-10-24T17:00:06  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
342 2019-10-24T17:01:05  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
343 2019-10-24T17:01:05  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jnewbery closed pull request #17241: [WIP] remove fCheckDuplicateInputs from CheckTransaction() (master...2019-10-fduplicateinputs) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17241
344 2019-10-24T17:01:06  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
345 2019-10-24T17:08:57  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
346 2019-10-24T17:10:57  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
347 2019-10-24T17:11:09  *** arik_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
348 2019-10-24T17:13:08  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
349 2019-10-24T17:13:13  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
350 2019-10-24T17:13:27  *** ddustin has quit IRC
351 2019-10-24T17:13:44  *** captjakk has quit IRC
352 2019-10-24T17:14:10  *** afk11` is now known as afk11
353 2019-10-24T17:15:01  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
354 2019-10-24T17:16:36  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
355 2019-10-24T17:16:37  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jnewbery opened pull request #17242: validation: Remove unused cacheSigStore from CheckInputsFromMempooAndCache (master...2019-10-checkinputsfrommempool) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17242
356 2019-10-24T17:16:38  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
357 2019-10-24T17:19:46  <MarcoFalke> wumpus: could you add  adamjonas  to the Bitcoin Core label group pls?
358 2019-10-24T17:19:55  <MarcoFalke> Also, ryanofsky qualifies for that group
359 2019-10-24T17:21:17  <jonatack> MarcoFalke: what is the Bitcoin Core label group, and how does one qualify?
360 2019-10-24T17:21:33  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: sure
361 2019-10-24T17:22:56  <MarcoFalke> jonatack: Anyone who is doing that work, but has to ask others currently, qualifies
362 2019-10-24T17:23:10  <wumpus> jonatack: the people who have semi-write access to the repository to be able to change labels and open/close issues
363 2019-10-24T17:23:38  <MarcoFalke> I saw ryanofsky and adamjonas go over a lot of historic issues and ask other maintainers to close them or add/remove labels
364 2019-10-24T17:24:02  <jonatack> Thank you.
365 2019-10-24T17:24:22  *** rex4539 has quit IRC
366 2019-10-24T17:24:23  <wumpus> haven't seen the name adamjonas a lot
367 2019-10-24T17:24:33  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
368 2019-10-24T17:25:57  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
369 2019-10-24T17:26:52  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
370 2019-10-24T17:27:19  <wumpus> invited them to the orgs at least...
371 2019-10-24T17:28:45  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
372 2019-10-24T17:40:57  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
373 2019-10-24T17:45:16  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
374 2019-10-24T17:46:37  *** pergaminho has quit IRC
375 2019-10-24T17:49:46  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
376 2019-10-24T17:52:00  *** pergaminho has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
377 2019-10-24T17:58:06  *** pergaminho has quit IRC
378 2019-10-24T18:00:01  *** Aaaron has quit IRC
379 2019-10-24T18:03:18  <fanquake> wumpus yea that's only very recently
380 2019-10-24T18:04:35  *** ddustin has quit IRC
381 2019-10-24T18:14:02  *** thoragh has quit IRC
382 2019-10-24T18:14:24  *** thoragh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
383 2019-10-24T18:17:36  *** MarkusH1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
384 2019-10-24T18:24:16  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
385 2019-10-24T18:27:55  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
386 2019-10-24T18:27:55  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/d7134ead84e3...4af044716952
387 2019-10-24T18:27:56  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa71006 MarcoFalke: ci: Disable functional tests on mac host
388 2019-10-24T18:27:56  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4af0447 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #17240: ci: Disable functional tests on mac host
389 2019-10-24T18:27:58  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
390 2019-10-24T18:28:15  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
391 2019-10-24T18:28:15  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #17240: ci: Disable functional tests on mac host (master...1910-ciNoFunMac) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17240
392 2019-10-24T18:28:17  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
393 2019-10-24T18:29:18  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
394 2019-10-24T18:34:51  <fanquake> I've started engaging with GitHub in regards to: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15847#issuecomment-526829870.
395 2019-10-24T18:35:01  *** afk11 has quit IRC
396 2019-10-24T18:35:02  <fanquake> Interestingly, there are at least two members of the Rust Core team in the same group, and it's looks like we are sharing some of the same GitHub grievances as them.
397 2019-10-24T18:35:34  *** afk11 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
398 2019-10-24T18:43:04  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
399 2019-10-24T18:43:09  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
400 2019-10-24T18:48:34  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
401 2019-10-24T18:57:36  *** reallll has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
402 2019-10-24T18:59:02  *** afk11 has quit IRC
403 2019-10-24T18:59:46  *** afk11 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
404 2019-10-24T19:00:38  <wumpus> meeting time?
405 2019-10-24T19:00:47  <MarcoFalke> yeah
406 2019-10-24T19:00:51  <wumpus> #startmeeting
407 2019-10-24T19:00:51  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Oct 24 19:00:51 2019 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
408 2019-10-24T19:00:51  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
409 2019-10-24T19:00:58  <fanquake> Hi
410 2019-10-24T19:00:59  <jonatack> hi
411 2019-10-24T19:01:01  <sipa> hi
412 2019-10-24T19:01:07  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
413 2019-10-24T19:01:08  <jeremyrubin> hi
414 2019-10-24T19:01:15  <MarcoFalke> I'd like to add #16975 and remove my current pull request from high prio
415 2019-10-24T19:01:17  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16975 | test: Show debug log on unit test failure by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #16975 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
416 2019-10-24T19:01:22  *** belcher has quit IRC
417 2019-10-24T19:01:32  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball kvaciral
418 2019-10-24T19:01:47  <amiti> hi
419 2019-10-24T19:01:48  <moneyball> hi
420 2019-10-24T19:01:48  <wumpus> #topic High priority for review
421 2019-10-24T19:01:51  <kanzure> hi
422 2019-10-24T19:01:57  <achow101> hi
423 2019-10-24T19:02:00  <dongcarl> ih
424 2019-10-24T19:02:06  <ariard> hi
425 2019-10-24T19:02:51  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: done
426 2019-10-24T19:03:07  <jamesob> hi
427 2019-10-24T19:03:25  <MarcoFalke> thx
428 2019-10-24T19:03:44  <MarcoFalke> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8
429 2019-10-24T19:03:45  <fjahr> hi
430 2019-10-24T19:03:45  <fanquake> I'll propose #17165 of mine, as that's now in a fairly reviewable state.
431 2019-10-24T19:03:48  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17165 | Remove BIP70 support by fanquake · Pull Request #17165 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
432 2019-10-24T19:04:02  <provoostenator> hi
433 2019-10-24T19:04:09  <jamesob> can I request we add #16442 to high prio?
434 2019-10-24T19:04:13  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16442 | Serve BIP 157 compact filters by jimpo · Pull Request #16442 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
435 2019-10-24T19:04:25  <provoostenator> +1 for 16422
436 2019-10-24T19:04:43  <wumpus> fanquake: added
437 2019-10-24T19:04:47  *** JeremyCrookshank has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
438 2019-10-24T19:05:01  <MarcoFalke> fanquake: Needs (trivial) rebase ;)
439 2019-10-24T19:05:23  <wumpus> jamesob: provoostenator  also added
440 2019-10-24T19:05:29  <jamesob> thanks!
441 2019-10-24T19:05:39  <fanquake> MarcoFalke: I feel like thats at least the 3rd time I've had to rebase recently for that same file :o
442 2019-10-24T19:05:47  <wumpus> which file ?
443 2019-10-24T19:05:48  <provoostenator> Suggested topic BIP157 if we have time...
444 2019-10-24T19:05:55  <fanquake> ci/test/00_setup_env_mac_functional.sh
445 2019-10-24T19:06:18  <wumpus> oh, well, mac functional tests are gone now, you shouldn't have to rebase anymore for that
446 2019-10-24T19:07:06  <instagibbs> hi
447 2019-10-24T19:07:14  <wumpus> I think we have plenty of time, no topics have been suggested for today; though I think we need to discuss 0.19.0rc2 as well
448 2019-10-24T19:07:28  <jtimon> can we add #17037 to chasing concept ack?
449 2019-10-24T19:07:30  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17037 | Testschains: Many regtests with different genesis and default datadir by jtimon · Pull Request #17037 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
450 2019-10-24T19:07:41  <wumpus> #topic BIP157 (provoostenator)
451 2019-10-24T19:08:01  <provoostenator> I found some issues while testing against Lnd / Btcd
452 2019-10-24T19:08:18  <provoostenator> cc roasbeef
453 2019-10-24T19:08:20  <wumpus> jtimon: added
454 2019-10-24T19:08:22  <digi_james> hi
455 2019-10-24T19:08:27  <jtimon> thanks
456 2019-10-24T19:08:38  <instagibbs> provoostenator, testing what against, 0.19?
457 2019-10-24T19:09:00  <provoostenator> btcd uses a max getcfilters of 1000
458 2019-10-24T19:09:19  <provoostenator> Where the BIP uses 100
459 2019-10-24T19:09:34  <jeremyrubin> suggested topic: mempool limits
460 2019-10-24T19:09:37  <provoostenator> So the #16442 will disconnect from those
461 2019-10-24T19:09:39  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16442 | Serve BIP 157 compact filters by jimpo · Pull Request #16442 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
462 2019-10-24T19:10:09  *** reallll is now known as belcher
463 2019-10-24T19:10:12  <provoostenator> I believe the rationale for 100 was to get those messages to about 2 MB
464 2019-10-24T19:10:22  <provoostenator> Bigger means fewer round dtrips for mobile.
465 2019-10-24T19:10:33  <provoostenator> I don't know if there's a downside to bigger...
466 2019-10-24T19:10:42  <provoostenator> We don't send these things unsollicited
467 2019-10-24T19:11:20  <MarcoFalke> That sounds like a bug in either btcd or the bip? Maybe the mailing list is a better place to discuss?
468 2019-10-24T19:11:21  <provoostenator> Converesy, we don't have a rate limiter for this in the PR. Lnd, when "misconfigured" will happily fetch gigabytes per minute...
469 2019-10-24T19:11:50  <provoostenator> Yeah, mailinglist makes sense regardless, but was hoping to find opinions here first.
470 2019-10-24T19:12:09  <sipa> provoostenator: how does the misconfiguration manifest?
471 2019-10-24T19:12:15  <sipa> is it fetching the same block over and over?
472 2019-10-24T19:12:35  <provoostenator> sipa: when it checks lightning channel gossip, it refetches old filters all the time
473 2019-10-24T19:12:41  <provoostenator> That's an Lnd bug imo
474 2019-10-24T19:12:57  <provoostenator> But someone can do this intentionally too
475 2019-10-24T19:13:10  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
476 2019-10-24T19:13:30  <sipa> of course
477 2019-10-24T19:13:33  <provoostenator> Do we have any rate limiting on block fetching and such?
478 2019-10-24T19:13:43  *** promag has quit IRC
479 2019-10-24T19:13:50  *** Venom80 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
480 2019-10-24T19:14:05  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
481 2019-10-24T19:14:09  <sipa> not afaik
482 2019-10-24T19:14:30  <provoostenator> Ok, I guess in that case there's not much precedent to add it for filters.
483 2019-10-24T19:14:35  <wumpus> no, there's no rate limiting on block fetching
484 2019-10-24T19:15:05  <wumpus> it's only limited by the I/O speeds, disk and network
485 2019-10-24T19:15:33  <MarcoFalke> or by -maxuploadtarget
486 2019-10-24T19:16:13  <wumpus> the extra DoS vector with bloom filters is that it allowed to do a DoS on the disk without actually having to receive the data over the network, but, it's easy to saturate bandwidth
487 2019-10-24T19:16:23  <wumpus> yes, there's that
488 2019-10-24T19:16:40  <jnewbery> Can we add #15934 to high priority? It's blocking three other PRs which add quite nice functionality (#15935, #15936, #15937)
489 2019-10-24T19:16:43  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15934 | Merge settings one place instead of five places by ryanofsky · Pull Request #15934 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
490 2019-10-24T19:16:45  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15935 | WIP: Add /settings.json persistent settings storage by ryanofsky · Pull Request #15935 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
491 2019-10-24T19:16:46  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15936 | WIP: Unify bitcoin-qt and bitcoind persistent settings by ryanofsky · Pull Request #15936 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
492 2019-10-24T19:16:48  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15937 | WIP: Add loadwallet and createwallet load_on_startup options by ryanofsky · Pull Request #15937 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
493 2019-10-24T19:16:53  <sipa> BIP157 doesn't have the same problem as the I/O required is proportional to what is sent over the network
494 2019-10-24T19:16:59  <wumpus> right
495 2019-10-24T19:17:25  <wumpus> jnewbery: sure, though I think with 10 blockers in high prio we're kind of pushing it
496 2019-10-24T19:17:26  <jamesob> +1 on 15934
497 2019-10-24T19:17:35  <jamesob> (but agree the list is getting long)
498 2019-10-24T19:17:43  <provoostenator> Ok, so any thoughts on the maximum size of filter messages we send (ignoring the BIP)?
499 2019-10-24T19:17:49  <jnewbery> wumpus: how about if I promise to review some of the other ones? :)
500 2019-10-24T19:18:04  <instagibbs> wumpus, people have different interests in subtopics, i dont think "long" hurts more than too many type collsions
501 2019-10-24T19:18:17  <wumpus> jnewbery: great!
502 2019-10-24T19:18:50  <wumpus> instagibbs: 10 is fine
503 2019-10-24T19:18:57  <instagibbs> :)
504 2019-10-24T19:19:38  <jeremyrubin> I've been making fine progress on the things that depend on #16766, so am OK with either removing from high priority while it gets more review or else I think it's basically mergeable now.
505 2019-10-24T19:19:41  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16766 | wallet: Make IsTrusted scan parents recursively by JeremyRubin · Pull Request #16766 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
506 2019-10-24T19:20:11  <wumpus> #topic 0.19.0rc2
507 2019-10-24T19:20:11  *** arik_ has quit IRC
508 2019-10-24T19:20:41  <fanquake> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/milestones/0.19.0
509 2019-10-24T19:20:42  <wumpus> there have been quite a few things merged since rc1, and some time has passed, I think it is time to tag rc2?
510 2019-10-24T19:20:45  *** JJ34 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
511 2019-10-24T19:20:59  <fanquake> I agree. I think I backported most/all of the bug fixes
512 2019-10-24T19:21:22  <wumpus> #17120 should make it in probably
513 2019-10-24T19:21:24  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17120 | gui: Fix start timer from non QThread by promag · Pull Request #17120 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
514 2019-10-24T19:21:58  *** kabaum has quit IRC
515 2019-10-24T19:22:03  <fanquake> I'd sort of lost whats been happening in there. Also nother GUI only issue.
516 2019-10-24T19:22:06  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
517 2019-10-24T19:22:15  <provoostenator> That definately needs to be in an rc.
518 2019-10-24T19:22:17  <wumpus> it's an actual serious bug, which can result in crashes
519 2019-10-24T19:22:29  <MarcoFalke> so #17112 is not going to get fixed?
520 2019-10-24T19:22:30  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17112 | v0.19.0rc1 GUI repeatedly not responding · Issue #17112 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
521 2019-10-24T19:22:53  <provoostenator> MarcoFalke: #1712 fixes that
522 2019-10-24T19:22:54  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/1712 | Qt: possible bug related to immature balance? · Issue #1712 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
523 2019-10-24T19:22:58  <wumpus> (creating qt objects like timers outside the GUI thread should be considered *really* carefully)
524 2019-10-24T19:22:58  <fanquake> I opened the original issue that that is fixing. The crashes only occur, or at least the ones I saw, when you run with FATAL_WARNINGS
525 2019-10-24T19:23:05  <fanquake> Which turns warnings into crashes
526 2019-10-24T19:23:12  <MarcoFalke> provoostenator: Does it?
527 2019-10-24T19:23:25  <provoostenator> MarcoFalke: I meant #17120
528 2019-10-24T19:23:27  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17120 | gui: Fix start timer from non QThread by promag · Pull Request #17120 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
529 2019-10-24T19:23:35  <wumpus> remember, qt is essentially single-threaded
530 2019-10-24T19:23:43  <wumpus> at least the GUI part
531 2019-10-24T19:24:04  <fanquake> We are still talking about fixing this right #16296 ?
532 2019-10-24T19:24:05  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16296 | gui: crash with loadwallet & QT_FATAL_WARNINGS · Issue #16296 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
533 2019-10-24T19:24:25  <wumpus> I'm talking about the fix in #17120
534 2019-10-24T19:24:27  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17120 | gui: Fix start timer from non QThread by promag · Pull Request #17120 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
535 2019-10-24T19:24:39  <MarcoFalke> provoostenator: I thought that #17135 fixes it, but that isn't tagged for backport
536 2019-10-24T19:24:41  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17135 | gui: Make polling in ClientModel asynchronous by promag · Pull Request #17135 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
537 2019-10-24T19:25:03  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: we're not sure that that fixes it, and it's too risky to merge between RCs imo
538 2019-10-24T19:25:07  <fanquake> Right, 17120 will close 16296
539 2019-10-24T19:25:17  <provoostenator> MarcoFalke: for the freeze UI problem there were two seperate solutions, I only tested 17120, which fixes it
540 2019-10-24T19:25:33  <MarcoFalke> Ah nice
541 2019-10-24T19:26:19  <fanquake> So should 17120 be high-prio, and once it's merged we tag an rc2 ?
542 2019-10-24T19:26:32  <fanquake> Or do we have other rc blockers?
543 2019-10-24T19:26:46  <wumpus> sgtm
544 2019-10-24T19:27:12  <promag> provoostenator: wat?
545 2019-10-24T19:27:16  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
546 2019-10-24T19:27:20  <wumpus> #17035, though tagged 0.19.0 is definitely not a blocker imo
547 2019-10-24T19:27:23  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17035 | qt: Fix text display when state of prune button is changed by emilengler · Pull Request #17035 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
548 2019-10-24T19:27:35  <wumpus> it's also nowhere near ready
549 2019-10-24T19:27:40  <MarcoFalke> provoostenator: If that is the case, the pull should mention it somewhere
550 2019-10-24T19:27:42  <promag> 17120 fixes UI freeze?
551 2019-10-24T19:28:00  <MarcoFalke> yeah, I am doubtful as well
552 2019-10-24T19:28:02  <emilengler> wumpus: The current text is a bit misleading IMO
553 2019-10-24T19:28:13  <emilengler> Same with storage etc.
554 2019-10-24T19:28:16  <MarcoFalke> emilengler: Is it a regression?
555 2019-10-24T19:28:18  <wumpus> emilengler: yes, it is, I don't disagree
556 2019-10-24T19:28:23  <MarcoFalke> If not, it can go in 0.19.1
557 2019-10-24T19:28:40  <provoostenator> Oh wait, #17133 fixes those, argh
558 2019-10-24T19:28:42  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17133 | 0.19: gui: Fix start timer from non QThread by promag · Pull Request #17133 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
559 2019-10-24T19:28:54  <promag> IMO both 17120 and 17135 should go to RC
560 2019-10-24T19:29:05  <sipa> #17135
561 2019-10-24T19:29:08  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17135 | gui: Make polling in ClientModel asynchronous by promag · Pull Request #17135 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
562 2019-10-24T19:29:41  <provoostenator> What sipa says, that's the one I tested. Indeed that needs to go in the rc too
563 2019-10-24T19:30:07  <wumpus> I still think it's too much of a change to go in a rc, but ok...
564 2019-10-24T19:30:41  <sipa> (to be clear i don't have a strong opinion on the issue; i was just trying to quickly check what 17135 was)
565 2019-10-24T19:30:51  <promag> wumpus: what changes if you only merge after rc?
566 2019-10-24T19:31:06  <wumpus> promag: it can be in master for a while
567 2019-10-24T19:31:08  <MarcoFalke> I think the changes are straightforward (moving polling to a new thread)
568 2019-10-24T19:31:17  <wumpus> so this creates a thread per wallet?
569 2019-10-24T19:31:18  <MarcoFalke> What could possibly go wrong?
570 2019-10-24T19:31:25  <wumpus> yes, what could possibly go wrong...
571 2019-10-24T19:31:39  <promag> wumpus: no, one thread only
572 2019-10-24T19:31:46  <sipa> last week we discussed reverting the change that exacerbated the issue; i assume that's considered too complicated?
573 2019-10-24T19:32:02  <promag> ClientModel is singleton I think?
574 2019-10-24T19:32:09  <wumpus> clientmodel is
575 2019-10-24T19:32:15  <MarcoFalke> sipa: I think a lot more can go wrong when we remove all the lock annotations in validation/mempool
576 2019-10-24T19:32:20  <promag> sipa: not a clean revert by far
577 2019-10-24T19:32:21  <MarcoFalke> and restore the 0.18.0 mempool locks
578 2019-10-24T19:32:27  *** owowo has quit IRC
579 2019-10-24T19:32:28  <fanquake> sipa: At least in my opinion, reverting a mempool related bug fix to "fix" the gui doesn't seem like the way to go.
580 2019-10-24T19:32:29  <sipa> MarcoFalke: that's fair
581 2019-10-24T19:32:40  <MarcoFalke> agree with fanquake
582 2019-10-24T19:32:42  <promag> too many lock annotations and other refactors were merged
583 2019-10-24T19:33:05  <wumpus> yes, the revert is a mess
584 2019-10-24T19:33:08  <sipa> ok
585 2019-10-24T19:33:36  <MarcoFalke> With the gui fix the worst that could happen is that the polling in the new thread just does not work at all?
586 2019-10-24T19:33:37  <promag> well I guess its ok too have a UI freezing in a RC
587 2019-10-24T19:33:46  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
588 2019-10-24T19:33:46  <wumpus> a lot can go wrong with qt and threads
589 2019-10-24T19:34:11  <MarcoFalke> I don't know a lot about qt, so I should probably shut up
590 2019-10-24T19:34:28  <promag> In this particular case I think it's fine - threading with loading wallets etc was more tricky
591 2019-10-24T19:34:36  <wumpus> like, if you update the GUI from any thread but the GUI thread, you risk a race/crash
592 2019-10-24T19:34:54  <MarcoFalke> crash doesn't sound too nice
593 2019-10-24T19:35:21  <wumpus> it's worse than a temporary hang anyhow
594 2019-10-24T19:36:33  <wumpus> anyhow, I think what 17135 does is correct
595 2019-10-24T19:36:46  <wumpus> it only emits signals from the thread right?
596 2019-10-24T19:36:52  <promag> right
597 2019-10-24T19:36:53  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
598 2019-10-24T19:37:52  <wumpus> wait, no, it's not correct
599 2019-10-24T19:38:00  <promag> acquires the locks -> reads -> enqueues signal events to gui event loop -> repeat
600 2019-10-24T19:38:07  *** jcorgan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
601 2019-10-24T19:38:07  <wumpus> you move pollTimer to the thread then in the destructor, delete it in the main thread
602 2019-10-24T19:38:23  <MarcoFalke> Is there anything we need to do about this macOS crap?
603 2019-10-24T19:38:23  <wumpus> no I'm not 100% sure about this
604 2019-10-24T19:38:25  <MarcoFalke> #16387
605 2019-10-24T19:38:26  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16387 | macOS Catalina · Issue #16387 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
606 2019-10-24T19:38:40  <promag> wumpus: that's fine the thread is alread stopped
607 2019-10-24T19:38:47  <wumpus> promag: I don't think that makes it ok
608 2019-10-24T19:38:55  <provoostenator> So macOs requires ./configure CFLAGS="-fno-stack-check"
609 2019-10-24T19:38:59  <fanquake> MarcoFalke: I have not upgraded to 10.15, so someone else will have to comment
610 2019-10-24T19:39:15  <wumpus> e.g. the timer affects the local event loop of the thread
611 2019-10-24T19:39:15  <provoostenator> For secp256k1 tests to pass
612 2019-10-24T19:39:22  <wumpus> deleting it somewhere else might mess with the main event loop
613 2019-10-24T19:39:24  <provoostenator> No idea if that's a sane config flag.
614 2019-10-24T19:39:33  <promag> but I stop and join the thread
615 2019-10-24T19:39:40  <wumpus> I know
616 2019-10-24T19:39:56  <promag> so the timer's event-loop is no longer running
617 2019-10-24T19:40:08  <wumpus> but things need to be deleted inthe thread that owns them
618 2019-10-24T19:40:39  <promag> yes, if the event loop is running
619 2019-10-24T19:40:42  <wumpus> no, always
620 2019-10-24T19:40:50  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
621 2019-10-24T19:40:55  <promag> ref?
622 2019-10-24T19:40:57  *** jcorgan_ has quit IRC
623 2019-10-24T19:41:20  <promag> I can change to deleteLater(); quit(); wait() if you prefer
624 2019-10-24T19:41:29  <wumpus> I'd rather have that you find for sure that this is safe
625 2019-10-24T19:41:35  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
626 2019-10-24T19:41:36  <promag> wumpus: deal
627 2019-10-24T19:41:58  <wumpus> we've had some horrible crashes due to things like this w/ the debug console thread
628 2019-10-24T19:42:20  <wumpus> it takes some very careful steps there to delete everything in the thread that owns it
629 2019-10-24T19:42:42  <wumpus> provoostenator: what does no-stack-check do?
630 2019-10-24T19:42:50  *** Venom80 has quit IRC
631 2019-10-24T19:43:17  <provoostenator> No idea, elichai2 found this "fix" in https://github.com/bitcoin-core/secp256k1/issues/674
632 2019-10-24T19:43:22  <wumpus> it doesn't disable any hardening features does it?
633 2019-10-24T19:44:36  <elichai2> provoostenator: I hope this bug will be fixed before the stable release
634 2019-10-24T19:44:46  <wumpus> can we find out what code makes this necessary? is it a bug on our end?
635 2019-10-24T19:44:50  <elichai2> wumpus: sounds like a weird story https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10712972/what-is-the-use-of-fno-stack-protector
636 2019-10-24T19:45:26  <elichai2> wait it Catalina stable already?
637 2019-10-24T19:45:38  <fjahr> elichai2: I thought this was a compiler bug!?
638 2019-10-24T19:45:40  <fjahr> yes
639 2019-10-24T19:45:45  <wumpus> yes stack protector is what protects against buffer overflows on the stack
640 2019-10-24T19:45:53  <MarcoFalke> why can't apple fix their crap?
641 2019-10-24T19:46:00  <provoostenator> Catalina is released yes, they even did a few security patches...
642 2019-10-24T19:46:02  <elichai2> fjahr: sounds like a compiler bug. https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/121887 https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/8073
643 2019-10-24T19:46:19  <elichai2> but I don't have a mac to try and dive deep into this
644 2019-10-24T19:46:19  <wumpus> we're definitely not going to disable that by default, if people want to use such a work-around they're on their own
645 2019-10-24T19:46:32  <elichai2> wumpus: +1
646 2019-10-24T19:46:57  <provoostenator> The gitian / rc binaries work fine, so I indeed wouldn't change anything there.
647 2019-10-24T19:47:01  <elichai2> My comment was more as a step in debugging this :) I really don't know the consequences of actually using this
648 2019-10-24T19:47:26  <elichai2> the bug is in AVX assembly *produced by the compiler* (i.e. secp has no avx)
649 2019-10-24T19:47:31  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
650 2019-10-24T19:48:21  <wumpus> ok, nothing for us to do there then
651 2019-10-24T19:48:41  <elichai2> isn't it possible to just compile clang on Mac OS and use all of the llvm ecosystem instead of xcode?
652 2019-10-24T19:48:52  <elichai2> but yeah, off topic
653 2019-10-24T19:49:25  <wumpus> any other topics?
654 2019-10-24T19:50:16  <wumpus> #endmeeting
655 2019-10-24T19:50:16  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Oct 24 19:50:16 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
656 2019-10-24T19:50:16  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-10-24-19.00.html
657 2019-10-24T19:50:16  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-10-24-19.00.txt
658 2019-10-24T19:50:16  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-10-24-19.00.log.html
659 2019-10-24T19:50:50  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
660 2019-10-24T19:51:07  <jeremyrubin> I guess it's fine for post meeting; but I wanted to get examples/edge cases people know of bad mempool behaviors that justify the limits currently and collect any tests people have written to benchmark this
661 2019-10-24T19:51:15  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
662 2019-10-24T19:52:14  <jeremyrubin> Because I think there's a bit of a documentation gap for why certain limits exist and the intended protection (or, if additional protections conferred became known post-hoc)
663 2019-10-24T19:52:18  <instagibbs> Unfortunately lots of mempool design is communal knowledge spread among like 5 people.
664 2019-10-24T19:52:24  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
665 2019-10-24T19:52:25  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] amitiuttarwar opened pull request #17243: tools: add PoissonNextSend method that returns mockable time (master...1910-mockable-poisson) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17243
666 2019-10-24T19:52:26  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
667 2019-10-24T19:52:33  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
668 2019-10-24T19:54:09  <jeremyrubin> instagibbs: this is one way to fix it ;)
669 2019-10-24T19:55:09  <wumpus> jeremyrubin: oh sorry I forgot your topic
670 2019-10-24T19:55:22  <instagibbs> I'm concept ACKing your call. I've previously asked for a "philosophy of design" type document, sdaftuar wrote something(now I cannot find the link, oops)
671 2019-10-24T19:55:22  <wumpus> jeremyrubin: maybe propose it for next week
672 2019-10-24T19:55:56  <instagibbs> oh here we go jeremyrubin https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/P2P-Design-Philosophy
673 2019-10-24T19:56:31  <instagibbs> that seems to be more block related, but transaction gossiping would be a good one
674 2019-10-24T19:56:56  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
675 2019-10-24T19:58:51  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
676 2019-10-24T19:59:22  <wumpus> elichai2: it looks like -fno-stack-check disables stack alignment check, not security checks like the stack protector
677 2019-10-24T20:00:27  <wumpus> hm or maybe not, I'm not sure
678 2019-10-24T20:00:51  <elichai2> well theoretically x86 is fine with unaligned reads/writes. altough I have no idea if it's even related to this :D
679 2019-10-24T20:01:33  <wumpus> I think there's an exception for some instructions like AVX2
680 2019-10-24T20:01:34  <sipa> movdqa requires aligned arguments
681 2019-10-24T20:01:48  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
682 2019-10-24T20:04:54  <elichai2> <elichai2> the bug is in AVX assembly *produced by the compiler* (i.e. secp has no avx)
683 2019-10-24T20:05:19  <elichai2> wumpus: oh. you meant about read alignments. sorry
684 2019-10-24T20:05:41  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
685 2019-10-24T20:05:55  <wumpus> thinking of it, it might generate that AVX code to check the stack cookie
686 2019-10-24T20:06:25  <wumpus> assuming the stack pointer is aligned
687 2019-10-24T20:06:34  *** thoragh has quit IRC
688 2019-10-24T20:08:34  *** captjakk has quit IRC
689 2019-10-24T20:10:26  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
690 2019-10-24T20:11:32  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
691 2019-10-24T20:12:39  *** captjakk_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
692 2019-10-24T20:14:42  <sdaftuar> instagibbs: i also have some high level slides lying around somewhere that explain mempool design if you're interested
693 2019-10-24T20:15:57  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
694 2019-10-24T20:16:36  *** promag has quit IRC
695 2019-10-24T20:16:58  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
696 2019-10-24T20:18:41  <instagibbs> sure
697 2019-10-24T20:20:28  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
698 2019-10-24T20:21:10  *** JJ34 has quit IRC
699 2019-10-24T20:24:50  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
700 2019-10-24T20:27:56  *** jarthur has quit IRC
701 2019-10-24T20:29:07  *** captjakk_ has quit IRC
702 2019-10-24T20:29:41  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
703 2019-10-24T20:30:21  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
704 2019-10-24T20:33:43  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
705 2019-10-24T20:34:03  *** captjakk has quit IRC
706 2019-10-24T20:34:43  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
707 2019-10-24T20:34:50  *** arik_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
708 2019-10-24T20:35:06  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
709 2019-10-24T20:35:52  *** captjakk has quit IRC
710 2019-10-24T20:38:18  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
711 2019-10-24T20:40:08  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
712 2019-10-24T20:44:58  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
713 2019-10-24T20:46:24  *** JeremyCrookshank has quit IRC
714 2019-10-24T20:46:26  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
715 2019-10-24T20:47:35  *** arik_ has quit IRC
716 2019-10-24T20:48:48  *** arik_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
717 2019-10-24T20:50:42  *** JJ34 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
718 2019-10-24T20:57:39  *** Deacyde has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
719 2019-10-24T20:57:41  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
720 2019-10-24T21:00:01  *** MarkusH1 has quit IRC
721 2019-10-24T21:00:09  *** mmgen has quit IRC
722 2019-10-24T21:02:36  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
723 2019-10-24T21:02:51  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
724 2019-10-24T21:03:32  *** captjakk has quit IRC
725 2019-10-24T21:05:08  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
726 2019-10-24T21:05:31  *** captjakk_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
727 2019-10-24T21:08:39  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
728 2019-10-24T21:09:38  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
729 2019-10-24T21:12:44  *** Skirmant has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
730 2019-10-24T21:13:56  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
731 2019-10-24T21:17:29  *** b_b1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
732 2019-10-24T21:19:20  *** nosss2 has quit IRC
733 2019-10-24T21:20:44  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
734 2019-10-24T21:22:39  *** JJ34 has quit IRC
735 2019-10-24T21:22:54  <jonatack> jeremyrubin: Thanks, it seems like a good idea to assemble this information, building on jnewbery's document instagibbs linked to and sdaftuar's slides. I'd be interested.
736 2019-10-24T21:26:26  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
737 2019-10-24T21:26:30  <elichai2> I just tried to convert `DecodeDumpTime` from using boost to `std::get_time` and chrono. and got into timezone rabbit hole
738 2019-10-24T21:26:33  * elichai2 facepalm
739 2019-10-24T21:26:47  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
740 2019-10-24T21:27:45  *** nosss2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
741 2019-10-24T21:28:04  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
742 2019-10-24T21:28:04  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/4af044716952...773026044f9d
743 2019-10-24T21:28:05  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5b44a75 Sebastian Falbesoner: refactor: Remove unused CExt{Pub,}Key (de)serialization methods
744 2019-10-24T21:28:06  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7730260 MarcoFalke: Merge #17212: refactor: Remove unused CExt{Pub,}Key (de)serialization meth...
745 2019-10-24T21:28:07  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
746 2019-10-24T21:28:24  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
747 2019-10-24T21:28:24  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #17212: refactor: Remove unused CExt{Pub,}Key (de)serialization methods (master...20191021-refactor-remove_unused_cextkey_and_cextpubkey_serialization) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17212
748 2019-10-24T21:28:25  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
749 2019-10-24T21:30:22  <MarcoFalke> elichai2: when pull request?
750 2019-10-24T21:30:50  <elichai2> C++20? lol
751 2019-10-24T21:30:57  <MarcoFalke> Oh
752 2019-10-24T21:31:05  <MarcoFalke> So we will never get rid of boost
753 2019-10-24T21:31:21  <elichai2> https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/chrono/time_zone
754 2019-10-24T21:31:44  <elichai2> i'm joking, trying to work on a weirder way, just really hoped I can do it using libstd
755 2019-10-24T21:31:50  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
756 2019-10-24T21:32:00  *** nosss2 has quit IRC
757 2019-10-24T21:33:14  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
758 2019-10-24T21:33:38  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
759 2019-10-24T21:33:51  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
760 2019-10-24T21:36:28  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
761 2019-10-24T21:37:32  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
762 2019-10-24T21:37:36  <luke-jr> [19:16:40] <jnewbery> Can we add #15934 to high priority? It's blocking three other PRs which add quite nice functionality (#15935, #15936, #15937) <-- more like conflciting with..
763 2019-10-24T21:37:42  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15934 | Merge settings one place instead of five places by ryanofsky · Pull Request #15934 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
764 2019-10-24T21:37:43  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15935 | WIP: Add /settings.json persistent settings storage by ryanofsky · Pull Request #15935 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
765 2019-10-24T21:37:44  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15936 | WIP: Unify bitcoin-qt and bitcoind persistent settings by ryanofsky · Pull Request #15936 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
766 2019-10-24T21:37:45  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15937 | WIP: Add loadwallet and createwallet load_on_startup options by ryanofsky · Pull Request #15937 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
767 2019-10-24T21:37:50  *** victorSN has quit IRC
768 2019-10-24T21:37:50  *** rockhouse has quit IRC
769 2019-10-24T21:38:14  *** rockhouse has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
770 2019-10-24T21:38:18  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
771 2019-10-24T21:38:37  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
772 2019-10-24T21:39:14  <luke-jr> oh, those listed are the poorly rewritten ones :/
773 2019-10-24T21:39:21  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
774 2019-10-24T21:39:32  <luke-jr> #11082 should go in instead ;)
775 2019-10-24T21:39:34  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11082 | Add new bitcoin_rw.conf file that is used for settings modified by this software itself by luke-jr · Pull Request #11082 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
776 2019-10-24T21:42:23  *** Deacyde has quit IRC
777 2019-10-24T21:44:26  *** rex4539 has quit IRC
778 2019-10-24T21:46:14  <jonatack> luke-jr: your PR came up in the review club discussion yesterday (https://bitcoincore.reviews/15934.html). Seems PRs 11082 and 15934 ought to be reviewed concurrently then.
779 2019-10-24T21:47:52  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
780 2019-10-24T21:48:29  <luke-jr> jonatack: well, 11082 vs 15935 really; 15934 is probably rebasable
781 2019-10-24T21:49:31  <luke-jr> 11082 has been in production use for years at this point
782 2019-10-24T21:50:21  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
783 2019-10-24T21:51:15  <jonatack> luke-jr: in https://bitcoinknots.org?
784 2019-10-24T21:51:36  <luke-jr> yes
785 2019-10-24T21:52:32  <luke-jr> since 2016, apparently
786 2019-10-24T21:52:37  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
787 2019-10-24T21:52:55  <elichai2> does boost test framework gives us a way to unit test static functions?
788 2019-10-24T21:53:41  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
789 2019-10-24T21:53:41  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/773026044f9d...fce7c7542234
790 2019-10-24T21:53:41  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 168b781 Anthony Towns: Continue relaying transactions after they expire from mapRelay
791 2019-10-24T21:53:42  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fce7c75 MarcoFalke: Merge #16851: Continue relaying transactions after they expire from mapRel...
792 2019-10-24T21:53:43  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
793 2019-10-24T21:54:01  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
794 2019-10-24T21:54:01  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #16851: Continue relaying transactions after they expire from mapRelay (master...201909-relayparents) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16851
795 2019-10-24T21:54:02  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
796 2019-10-24T21:54:19  <MarcoFalke> elichai2: no
797 2019-10-24T21:55:16  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
798 2019-10-24T21:55:34  <elichai2> MarcoFalke: so if I want to add a unit test to a static function I must make it non-static?
799 2019-10-24T21:55:41  <MarcoFalke> yes
800 2019-10-24T21:55:53  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
801 2019-10-24T21:55:56  <MarcoFalke> otherwise it wouldn't be properly linked into the test_bitcoin, I think
802 2019-10-24T21:57:10  * luke-jr wonders if he should submit PRs for everything blocked on #11082..
803 2019-10-24T21:57:13  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11082 | Add new bitcoin_rw.conf file that is used for settings modified by this software itself by luke-jr · Pull Request #11082 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
804 2019-10-24T21:57:54  <elichai2> MarcoFalke: well one ugly way would be to `#include` the cpp file heh
805 2019-10-24T21:57:59  <sipa> you can test a static function if it's defined in the same compilation unit as the test
806 2019-10-24T21:58:07  <sipa> anything else would grossly violate C++
807 2019-10-24T21:58:30  <sipa> (that's the definition of static: accessible within the same compilation unit)
808 2019-10-24T21:58:48  <MarcoFalke> elichai2: Oh right. Forgot about that, but I'd rather not do that.
809 2019-10-24T21:58:56  <elichai2> sipa: so if i'm testing a static function from rpcdump.cpp in wallet_tests.cpp I must make it non static :/
810 2019-10-24T21:59:10  <sipa> yes
811 2019-10-24T21:59:16  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
812 2019-10-24T21:59:23  <sipa> or put in a .h file, and make it static inline; that also works :p
813 2019-10-24T21:59:36  <sipa> or just static;
814 2019-10-24T21:59:39  <elichai2> MarcoFalke: yeah, that's seriously ugly and would give us trouble in the future on using the wrong types / redeclaring the same functions etc.
815 2019-10-24T22:00:16  <luke-jr> sipa: I think we've been moving away from that?
816 2019-10-24T22:00:24  <elichai2> I guess no static it is
817 2019-10-24T22:00:51  * luke-jr remembers when GetMinFee was in .h
818 2019-10-24T22:01:20  <nothingmuch> typically what is the rationale behind making things static (not in general, in core)?
819 2019-10-24T22:01:45  <luke-jr> so the compiler cna inline it?
820 2019-10-24T22:02:01  <elichai2> nothingmuch: I would guess if it's a small function used only in that compilation unit that you want to be easily inlined
821 2019-10-24T22:02:11  <sipa> s/easily//
822 2019-10-24T22:02:16  <MarcoFalke> elichai2: Which function is it?
823 2019-10-24T22:02:18  <elichai2> core doesn't get special treatment from gcc yet :P
824 2019-10-24T22:02:24  <elichai2> MarcoFalke: DecodeDumpTime
825 2019-10-24T22:02:46  <elichai2> wrote a test case that asserts that the old and new ones returns the same value
826 2019-10-24T22:03:47  <sipa> something in another compilation unit cannot be inlined (except through LTO)
827 2019-10-24T22:03:54  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
828 2019-10-24T22:03:55  <nothingmuch> thanks, i thought maybe it was something more... in that case wouldn't a non static wrapper also do the job?
829 2019-10-24T22:04:43  <MarcoFalke> Yeah, that should be exposed in the header I guess
830 2019-10-24T22:04:49  <elichai2> sipa: yeah but in the same compilation unit people tend to think(hope?) that static has more chance to be inlined
831 2019-10-24T22:05:03  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
832 2019-10-24T22:05:22  <MarcoFalke> for rpc code such inline performance doesn't matter
833 2019-10-24T22:05:45  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
834 2019-10-24T22:06:25  <MarcoFalke> also, the rpc*.cpp files should not contain any logic except parsing UniValue and then calling an util function
835 2019-10-24T22:09:17  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
836 2019-10-24T22:09:29  *** Zenton has quit IRC
837 2019-10-24T22:10:44  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
838 2019-10-24T22:10:52  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
839 2019-10-24T22:11:38  <elichai2> MarcoFalke: so to which header do you think it should move? rpcwallet.h?
840 2019-10-24T22:13:26  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
841 2019-10-24T22:15:02  *** Deacyde has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
842 2019-10-24T22:16:30  <MarcoFalke> That's the easiest for now
843 2019-10-24T22:17:07  <MarcoFalke> If you feel fancy, you could move it to something like ./src/wallet/util
844 2019-10-24T22:20:33  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
845 2019-10-24T22:27:37  *** ensign has quit IRC
846 2019-10-24T22:27:38  *** nsh has quit IRC
847 2019-10-24T22:30:13  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
848 2019-10-24T22:34:50  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
849 2019-10-24T22:36:34  *** nsh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
850 2019-10-24T22:38:21  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
851 2019-10-24T22:38:21  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] elichai opened pull request #17245: Removing Boost from DecodeDumpTime (master...2019-10-DecodeDumpTime) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17245
852 2019-10-24T22:38:32  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
853 2019-10-24T22:39:25  *** SiAnDoG has quit IRC
854 2019-10-24T22:39:42  *** SiAnDoG has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
855 2019-10-24T22:40:31  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
856 2019-10-24T22:42:32  *** ensign has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
857 2019-10-24T22:43:48  *** kristapsk has quit IRC
858 2019-10-24T22:43:56  <elichai2> Fingers crossed for the windows CI hehe
859 2019-10-24T22:44:01  *** kristapsk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
860 2019-10-24T22:45:00  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
861 2019-10-24T22:45:13  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
862 2019-10-24T22:46:36  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
863 2019-10-24T22:51:23  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
864 2019-10-24T22:53:15  *** marcoagner has quit IRC
865 2019-10-24T22:57:13  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
866 2019-10-24T23:01:37  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
867 2019-10-24T23:05:46  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
868 2019-10-24T23:12:58  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
869 2019-10-24T23:20:08  *** lightlike has quit IRC
870 2019-10-24T23:23:03  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
871 2019-10-24T23:27:38  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
872 2019-10-24T23:29:21  *** Deacyde has quit IRC
873 2019-10-24T23:29:45  *** Deacyde has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
874 2019-10-24T23:30:46  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
875 2019-10-24T23:35:47  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
876 2019-10-24T23:39:26  *** arik_ has quit IRC
877 2019-10-24T23:43:05  *** farmerwampum has quit IRC
878 2019-10-24T23:47:28  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
879 2019-10-24T23:55:31  *** captjakk has quit IRC
880 2019-10-24T23:56:48  *** farmerwampum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev