1 2019-10-25T00:00:02  *** b_b1 has quit IRC
  2 2019-10-25T00:13:37  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
  3 2019-10-25T00:14:45  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
  4 2019-10-25T00:24:33  *** dviola has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  5 2019-10-25T00:37:27  *** jtimon has quit IRC
  6 2019-10-25T00:39:45  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  7 2019-10-25T00:42:22  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  8 2019-10-25T00:48:05  *** flaburgan1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  9 2019-10-25T00:58:43  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
 10 2019-10-25T01:00:37  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 11 2019-10-25T01:02:23  <roasbeef> provoostenator: responded elsewhere, but yeh I think the bip should be modified to raise back to 1k to reduce the number of round trips when catching up, the PR on the bip to move from 1k to 100 was merged w/o any comments, iirc bitcoin has settings to limit upload on a per peer basis as well which can kick in, as it's no diff from spamming a perry with getblocks/getdata messages
 12 2019-10-25T01:09:07  *** dviola has quit IRC
 13 2019-10-25T01:16:33  *** jamesl22_ has quit IRC
 14 2019-10-25T01:17:26  *** jamesl22 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 15 2019-10-25T01:17:30  *** Highway62 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 16 2019-10-25T01:18:57  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
 17 2019-10-25T01:18:58  *** Highway62 is now known as Highway61
 18 2019-10-25T01:22:00  *** Highway62 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 19 2019-10-25T01:23:14  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
 20 2019-10-25T01:25:57  *** Highway62 has quit IRC
 21 2019-10-25T01:29:38  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
 22 2019-10-25T01:48:36  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2019-10-25T01:53:24  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
 24 2019-10-25T02:02:43  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 25 2019-10-25T02:06:50  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
 26 2019-10-25T02:08:02  *** emilengler has quit IRC
 27 2019-10-25T02:09:45  *** emilengler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 28 2019-10-25T02:13:11  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 29 2019-10-25T02:25:09  *** ddustin has quit IRC
 30 2019-10-25T02:27:13  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 31 2019-10-25T02:30:47  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 32 2019-10-25T02:40:13  *** felixfoertsch23 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 33 2019-10-25T02:42:50  *** felixfoertsch has quit IRC
 34 2019-10-25T02:44:19  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 35 2019-10-25T02:44:20  *** ddustin has quit IRC
 36 2019-10-25T02:44:25  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 37 2019-10-25T02:44:40  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 38 2019-10-25T02:49:01  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
 39 2019-10-25T02:49:10  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 40 2019-10-25T02:50:02  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
 41 2019-10-25T02:52:05  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 42 2019-10-25T02:56:17  *** ddustin has quit IRC
 43 2019-10-25T03:00:02  *** flaburgan1 has quit IRC
 44 2019-10-25T03:12:01  *** koti has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 45 2019-10-25T03:17:35  *** dfkt has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 46 2019-10-25T03:23:51  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 47 2019-10-25T03:23:57  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
 48 2019-10-25T03:29:03  *** ddustin has quit IRC
 49 2019-10-25T03:30:38  *** captjakk has quit IRC
 50 2019-10-25T03:32:11  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 51 2019-10-25T03:46:45  *** nosss2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 52 2019-10-25T04:02:54  *** tryphe has quit IRC
 53 2019-10-25T04:03:19  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 54 2019-10-25T04:03:33  *** koti has quit IRC
 55 2019-10-25T04:06:32  *** koti has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 56 2019-10-25T04:11:46  *** nosss2 has quit IRC
 57 2019-10-25T04:14:34  *** koti has quit IRC
 58 2019-10-25T04:31:27  *** koti has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 59 2019-10-25T04:31:52  *** Victor_sueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 60 2019-10-25T04:34:43  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
 61 2019-10-25T04:39:34  *** captjakk has quit IRC
 62 2019-10-25T04:41:51  *** felixfoertsch23 has quit IRC
 63 2019-10-25T04:42:07  *** felixfoertsch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 64 2019-10-25T04:45:10  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 65 2019-10-25T04:50:14  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
 66 2019-10-25T05:02:15  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 67 2019-10-25T05:03:33  *** koti has quit IRC
 68 2019-10-25T05:05:35  *** koti has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 69 2019-10-25T05:07:33  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
 70 2019-10-25T05:18:39  *** roconnor has quit IRC
 71 2019-10-25T05:26:33  *** koti has quit IRC
 72 2019-10-25T05:28:14  *** koti has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 73 2019-10-25T05:36:36  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 74 2019-10-25T05:38:13  *** spinza has quit IRC
 75 2019-10-25T05:42:42  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
 76 2019-10-25T05:45:17  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 77 2019-10-25T05:59:27  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 78 2019-10-25T06:00:01  *** dfkt has quit IRC
 79 2019-10-25T06:03:28  *** kabaum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 80 2019-10-25T06:12:33  *** koti has quit IRC
 81 2019-10-25T06:15:38  *** koti has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 82 2019-10-25T06:17:42  *** gnomus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 83 2019-10-25T06:30:20  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 84 2019-10-25T06:35:07  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
 85 2019-10-25T06:37:36  *** felixfoertsch has quit IRC
 86 2019-10-25T06:37:44  *** felixfoertsch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 87 2019-10-25T06:46:06  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 88 2019-10-25T06:47:29  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 89 2019-10-25T06:51:24  *** koti has quit IRC
 90 2019-10-25T06:53:00  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
 91 2019-10-25T07:04:06  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
 92 2019-10-25T07:17:48  *** marcoagner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 93 2019-10-25T07:26:37  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 94 2019-10-25T07:30:17  *** baldur has quit IRC
 95 2019-10-25T07:30:54  *** ddustin has quit IRC
 96 2019-10-25T07:43:50  *** Stasik has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 97 2019-10-25T07:44:05  *** Skirmant has quit IRC
 98 2019-10-25T07:50:24  *** baldur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 99 2019-10-25T07:52:11  *** Stasik has quit IRC
100 2019-10-25T08:01:40  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
101 2019-10-25T08:24:39  *** ppisati has quit IRC
102 2019-10-25T08:30:55  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
103 2019-10-25T08:30:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Sjors opened pull request #17246: wallet: avoid knapsack when there's no change (master...2019/10/less-knapsack) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17246
104 2019-10-25T08:30:56  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
105 2019-10-25T08:31:12  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
106 2019-10-25T08:31:20  *** ppisati has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
107 2019-10-25T08:35:48  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
108 2019-10-25T08:46:12  *** kristapsk has quit IRC
109 2019-10-25T08:48:58  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
110 2019-10-25T08:49:06  *** Zenton has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
111 2019-10-25T08:49:36  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
112 2019-10-25T08:51:30  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
113 2019-10-25T08:54:29  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
114 2019-10-25T09:00:02  *** gnomus has quit IRC
115 2019-10-25T09:00:16  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
116 2019-10-25T09:01:51  *** jonatack has quit IRC
117 2019-10-25T09:03:37  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
118 2019-10-25T09:09:56  *** nijynot has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
119 2019-10-25T09:27:23  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
120 2019-10-25T09:36:25  *** nijynot has quit IRC
121 2019-10-25T09:39:50  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
122 2019-10-25T09:42:20  <wumpus> let's try to have some more ACKs on #17165 soon
123 2019-10-25T09:42:22  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17165 | Remove BIP70 support by fanquake · Pull Request #17165 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
124 2019-10-25T09:42:40  <wumpus> (not only concept, please)
125 2019-10-25T09:47:43  *** AimHere1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
126 2019-10-25T09:50:11  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
127 2019-10-25T09:54:28  *** ddustin has quit IRC
128 2019-10-25T10:01:31  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
129 2019-10-25T10:01:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #15140: test: fix script_p2sh_tests OP_PUSHBACK2/4 missing (master...test_20190110) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15140
130 2019-10-25T10:01:33  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
131 2019-10-25T10:03:36  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
132 2019-10-25T10:03:37  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/fce7c7542234...366753e46e1f
133 2019-10-25T10:03:37  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 50037e9 Cory Fields: depends: fix boost mac cross build with clang 9+
134 2019-10-25T10:03:38  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 366753e Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #17231: depends: fix boost mac cross build with clang 9+
135 2019-10-25T10:03:40  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
136 2019-10-25T10:03:52  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
137 2019-10-25T10:03:56  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2019-10-25T10:03:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #17231: depends: fix boost mac cross build with clang 9+ (master...fix-boost-clang9) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17231
139 2019-10-25T10:03:57  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
140 2019-10-25T10:04:12  *** wullon has quit IRC
141 2019-10-25T10:04:49  *** wullon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
142 2019-10-25T10:13:42  *** scopeh has quit IRC
143 2019-10-25T10:14:01  *** scopeh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
144 2019-10-25T10:21:55  <wumpus> what was the flag to make bitcoind log the IPs it's trying to connect to again?
145 2019-10-25T10:22:39  <wumpus> #17247 is strange, I'm trying to figure out if they're somehow connecting to false peer addresses or that their ISP is resetting bitcoin connections
146 2019-10-25T10:22:40  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17247 | socket recv error Connection reset by peer (104) · Issue #17247 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
147 2019-10-25T10:26:19  <wumpus> looks like they're in China, too
148 2019-10-25T10:26:58  <wumpus> might be a censorship issue @ BlueMatt
149 2019-10-25T10:29:12  <wumpus> anyone else from China here experiencing similar problems?
150 2019-10-25T10:29:40  <wumpus> or another country for that matter
151 2019-10-25T10:32:05  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
152 2019-10-25T10:37:02  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
153 2019-10-25T10:37:28  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
154 2019-10-25T10:38:07  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
155 2019-10-25T10:44:09  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
156 2019-10-25T10:49:51  *** halseth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
157 2019-10-25T10:50:28  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
158 2019-10-25T10:52:02  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
159 2019-10-25T10:58:39  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
160 2019-10-25T11:06:45  *** roconnor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
161 2019-10-25T11:26:10  *** JeremyCrookshank has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
162 2019-10-25T11:34:50  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
163 2019-10-25T11:40:59  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
164 2019-10-25T11:48:09  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
165 2019-10-25T11:48:10  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/366753e46e1f...90ed98ae9a2a
166 2019-10-25T11:48:10  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa92813 MarcoFalke: consensus: Explain why fCheckDuplicateInputs can not be skipped and remove...
167 2019-10-25T11:48:10  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 90ed98a Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #17080: consensus: Explain why fCheckDuplicateInputs can not be skip...
168 2019-10-25T11:48:22  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
169 2019-10-25T11:48:39  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
170 2019-10-25T11:48:40  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #17080: consensus: Explain why fCheckDuplicateInputs can not be skipped and remove it (master...1909-docCheckInputs) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17080
171 2019-10-25T11:48:52  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
172 2019-10-25T11:50:26  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
173 2019-10-25T11:55:36  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
174 2019-10-25T11:56:31  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
175 2019-10-25T11:56:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/90ed98ae9a2a...37855ec9df57
176 2019-10-25T11:56:32  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b05ec41 marcaiaf: Add unit testing for the CompressScript functions
177 2019-10-25T11:56:32  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 37855ec Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #17220: tests: Add unit testing for the CompressScript function
178 2019-10-25T11:56:34  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
179 2019-10-25T11:56:53  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
180 2019-10-25T11:56:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #17220: tests: Add unit testing for the CompressScript function (master...add_compress_test_cases) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17220
181 2019-10-25T11:56:55  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
182 2019-10-25T11:59:06  <wumpus> added 0.19.0 milestone to #17135 and removed it from #17035 (bumped to 0.19.1)
183 2019-10-25T11:59:09  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17135 | gui: Make polling in ClientModel asynchronous by promag · Pull Request #17135 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
184 2019-10-25T11:59:11  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17035 | qt: Fix text display when state of prune button is changed by emilengler · Pull Request #17035 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
185 2019-10-25T11:59:13  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
186 2019-10-25T12:00:01  *** AimHere1 has quit IRC
187 2019-10-25T12:01:40  <fanquake> ACK
188 2019-10-25T12:01:55  <fanquake> I will take a look at 17135 this morning
189 2019-10-25T12:02:31  <provoostenator> wumpus: the Great Firewall is known to reset connections for stuff it doesn't like; it creates the perception of a crappy website.
190 2019-10-25T12:02:51  <wumpus> fanquake: great! we've been making it less scary
191 2019-10-25T12:03:01  <provoostenator> But this is the same peer (104) over and over again.
192 2019-10-25T12:03:34  <wumpus> provoostenator: yes, I've seen this behavior for other things for the Chinese firewall, which is why it worried me
193 2019-10-25T12:04:16  <wumpus> provoostenator: but I'm no longer so worried, there have been no other reports, something like this would be massive
194 2019-10-25T12:05:07  <provoostenator> Would be useful if debug=net were to log the IP along with the peer number...
195 2019-10-25T12:05:55  <wumpus> yes, that's why I asked, I know there's a setting to enable logging of IPs of the peers it connects to, this would hav allowed me to try the peers myself and see if they have the same behavior from here
196 2019-10-25T12:06:16  <wumpus> e.g. to see if it is a *peer problem* or a network problem
197 2019-10-25T12:07:12  *** JJ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
198 2019-10-25T12:07:45  <wumpus> provoostenator: (104) is not the peer number but the error number
199 2019-10-25T12:08:15  <wumpus> errno -l|grep 104
200 2019-10-25T12:08:17  <wumpus> ECONNRESET 104 Connection reset by peer
201 2019-10-25T12:08:21  *** JJ has quit IRC
202 2019-10-25T12:12:19  *** JJ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
203 2019-10-25T12:13:38  <wumpus> found it, it's `-logips`
204 2019-10-25T12:14:41  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
205 2019-10-25T12:14:41  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/37855ec9df57...48cb468ce3f5
206 2019-10-25T12:14:41  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0a433fc John Newbery: [validation] Remove unused cacheSigStore from CheckInputsFromMempoolAndCac...
207 2019-10-25T12:14:42  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 48cb468 fanquake: Merge #17242: refactor: Remove unused cacheSigStore from CheckInputsFromMe...
208 2019-10-25T12:14:43  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
209 2019-10-25T12:15:01  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
210 2019-10-25T12:15:01  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #17242: refactor: Remove unused cacheSigStore from CheckInputsFromMempooAndCache (master...2019-10-checkinputsfrommempool) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17242
211 2019-10-25T12:15:02  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
212 2019-10-25T12:15:53  *** JJ has quit IRC
213 2019-10-25T12:17:29  *** porvak has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
214 2019-10-25T12:20:00  *** Aaronvan_ is now known as AaronvanW
215 2019-10-25T12:22:30  <provoostenator> Is there a command line incantation (for macOS) to reset an outbound connection?
216 2019-10-25T12:25:03  *** lowentropy has quit IRC
217 2019-10-25T12:25:05  <wumpus> tcpkill ftw
218 2019-10-25T12:25:26  *** lowentropy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
219 2019-10-25T12:25:53  <wumpus> (no idea if that's still a thing tbh :)
220 2019-10-25T12:27:14  *** jonatack has quit IRC
221 2019-10-25T12:32:59  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
222 2019-10-25T12:37:53  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
223 2019-10-25T12:38:43  *** Skirmant has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
224 2019-10-25T12:49:59  <provoostenator> This seems similar: https://github.com/google/tcp_killer/pull/1
225 2019-10-25T12:50:14  <provoostenator> But it causes a graceful disconnect, so I need to tweak it somehow.
226 2019-10-25T12:51:35  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
227 2019-10-25T12:52:17  *** JeremyCrookshank has quit IRC
228 2019-10-25T12:52:41  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
229 2019-10-25T12:54:59  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
230 2019-10-25T12:55:08  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
231 2019-10-25T12:58:24  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
232 2019-10-25T13:05:34  *** halseth has quit IRC
233 2019-10-25T13:06:12  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
234 2019-10-25T13:11:36  *** alko89 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
235 2019-10-25T13:12:27  *** halseth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
236 2019-10-25T13:14:55  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
237 2019-10-25T13:14:55  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jbeich opened pull request #17249: Unbreak build with boost 1.72 (master...boost) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17249
238 2019-10-25T13:14:56  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
239 2019-10-25T13:19:15  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
240 2019-10-25T13:19:15  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #17250: Avoid unused call to GuessVerificationProgress in NotifyHeaderTip (master...1910-NoWrongGuess) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17250
241 2019-10-25T13:19:16  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
242 2019-10-25T13:23:17  *** roconnor has quit IRC
243 2019-10-25T13:24:35  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
244 2019-10-25T13:32:27  *** JJ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
245 2019-10-25T13:32:29  <wumpus> injecting a call to close() seems risky; after that, the fd could be reused for something else (say, a new connection ,or a file), and the program doesn't know
246 2019-10-25T13:32:41  *** astro has quit IRC
247 2019-10-25T13:32:59  <wumpus> provoostenator: then again it's only for testing one particular thing, I suppose
248 2019-10-25T13:33:03  *** astro has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
249 2019-10-25T13:33:40  <provoostenator> It's just to test stuff, maybe the Google folks have a better idea:https://github.com/google/tcp_killer/pull/2
250 2019-10-25T13:34:52  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
251 2019-10-25T13:35:04  <wumpus> it's just, it can result in nasty corruptions, if say, leveldb decides to open a file next and the P2P layer keeps writing into the fd that's now owned by the file
252 2019-10-25T13:35:34  *** Stas13 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
253 2019-10-25T13:35:36  <wumpus> but you'll have backups I guess
254 2019-10-25T13:35:45  *** SiAnDoG has quit IRC
255 2019-10-25T13:35:55  *** Stas13 has quit IRC
256 2019-10-25T13:36:19  *** SiAnDoG has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
257 2019-10-25T13:37:40  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
258 2019-10-25T13:38:15  *** SiAnDoG has quit IRC
259 2019-10-25T13:39:02  <provoostenator> Oh that's not healthy indeed...
260 2019-10-25T13:40:16  *** jonatack has quit IRC
261 2019-10-25T13:41:21  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
262 2019-10-25T13:41:21  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Sjors opened pull request #17251: net: SocketHandler logs peer id for close and disconnect (master...2019/10/net-socket-peer) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17251
263 2019-10-25T13:41:22  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
264 2019-10-25T13:41:35  <provoostenator> I put a warning in the PR description
265 2019-10-25T13:42:46  *** halseth has quit IRC
266 2019-10-25T13:43:08  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
267 2019-10-25T13:43:22  <wumpus> I don't know a good solution that can work from the process itself
268 2019-10-25T13:54:15  *** sdaftuar has quit IRC
269 2019-10-25T13:54:31  *** sdaftuar_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
270 2019-10-25T13:54:44  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
271 2019-10-25T13:54:53  *** sdaftuar_ is now known as sdaftuar
272 2019-10-25T13:56:04  *** astro has quit IRC
273 2019-10-25T13:56:55  <instagibbs> sdaftuar_, these slides are actually more complete than I expected, useful resource for starting to understand mempool stuff
274 2019-10-25T13:57:00  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
275 2019-10-25T13:57:03  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
276 2019-10-25T13:58:15  <fanquake> instagibbs is there a public link?
277 2019-10-25T13:58:18  *** astro has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
278 2019-10-25T13:58:44  <instagibbs> he shared on gdrive, with permission I can upload the pdf somewhere?
279 2019-10-25T13:59:48  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
280 2019-10-25T13:59:48  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] promag opened pull request #17252: 0.19: gui: Make polling in ClientModel asynchronous (0.19...2019-10-backport-17135) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17252
281 2019-10-25T13:59:49  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
282 2019-10-25T14:01:02  *** halseth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
283 2019-10-25T14:01:25  <sdaftuar> instagibbs: please do
284 2019-10-25T14:01:35  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
285 2019-10-25T14:01:58  <sdaftuar> if someone wants to turn that into a wiki page, that might be best?
286 2019-10-25T14:02:10  <instagibbs> I could strip mine the slides, stick it on the wiki
287 2019-10-25T14:02:13  <instagibbs> :P
288 2019-10-25T14:02:58  *** thoragh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
289 2019-10-25T14:03:26  *** Skirmant has quit IRC
290 2019-10-25T14:09:49  <instagibbs> fanquake, https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/Mempool-and-mining
291 2019-10-25T14:10:16  <instagibbs> this can obviously be cleaned up. I have at least one clarifying question
292 2019-10-25T14:10:27  <fanquake> instagibbs well formatted I see
293 2019-10-25T14:10:40  <sdaftuar> lol
294 2019-10-25T14:10:42  <instagibbs> i went and added extra lines to break up the slides
295 2019-10-25T14:11:03  <instagibbs> pretty much hero level editing
296 2019-10-25T14:11:05  <fanquake> Looks good though. Will read through this arvo
297 2019-10-25T14:11:08  *** provoostenator has quit IRC
298 2019-10-25T14:13:07  *** lightlike has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
299 2019-10-25T14:16:01  *** Skirmant has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
300 2019-10-25T14:21:03  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
301 2019-10-25T14:22:32  *** Skirmant has quit IRC
302 2019-10-25T14:25:21  *** thoragh has left #bitcoin-core-dev
303 2019-10-25T14:27:10  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
304 2019-10-25T14:28:13  *** thoragh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
305 2019-10-25T14:28:46  <luke-jr> sdaftuar: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15660#issuecomment-476006719 is that patch posted anywhere?
306 2019-10-25T14:29:01  <luke-jr> (maybe the original PR should be reopened with it?)
307 2019-10-25T14:29:23  <sdaftuar> oy, i can try to find it
308 2019-10-25T14:33:51  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
309 2019-10-25T14:35:33  <luke-jr> maybe useful: git reflog show --format='%<|(30)%cd %h %gs'
310 2019-10-25T14:35:47  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
311 2019-10-25T14:35:47  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] elichai opened pull request #17253: Remove boost from time.cpp (master...2019-10-boost_sleep_time) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17253
312 2019-10-25T14:35:48  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
313 2019-10-25T14:36:10  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
314 2019-10-25T14:36:57  * luke-jr ponders if there's a way to get the ref change date
315 2019-10-25T14:38:56  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
316 2019-10-25T14:39:03  <sdaftuar> thanks for that command, but can't seem to find it. i'll spend a couple minutes and see how hard it is to redo (since the point of the cleanup was to make it easy)
317 2019-10-25T14:54:41  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
318 2019-10-25T14:57:01  <elichai2> wumpus: so basically I should steer away from anything related to threads?
319 2019-10-25T14:58:11  *** thoragh has left #bitcoin-core-dev
320 2019-10-25T14:58:42  <wumpus> elichai2: nah, not specifically: I think the high-level thing is that all the low-hanging boost replacements have been done, and everything that's left has probably been tried to replace over the last few years but failed, be sure to do some research into previous PRs or ask around first
321 2019-10-25T14:59:17  <elichai2> yeah. I didn't know that was the case. next time i'll search the github before
322 2019-10-25T14:59:25  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
323 2019-10-25T14:59:27  <wumpus> e.g. there's probably some annoying death-by-a-thousand-cuts reason why it's still there
324 2019-10-25T14:59:49  <elichai2> especially with the note in the scheduler
325 2019-10-25T14:59:54  <elichai2> `// boost::thread / boost::chrono should be ported to std::thread / std::chrono // when we support C++11.`
326 2019-10-25T15:00:02  *** porvak has quit IRC
327 2019-10-25T15:00:05  <elichai2> so it makes it sound like the only reason is no one cared enough :)
328 2019-10-25T15:00:10  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
329 2019-10-25T15:00:53  *** provoostenator has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
330 2019-10-25T15:02:05  <wumpus> elichai2: that, or the comment was over-optimistic :)
331 2019-10-25T15:02:16  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
332 2019-10-25T15:02:16  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] elichai closed pull request #17253: utils: Remove boost from time.cpp (master...2019-10-boost_sleep_time) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17253
333 2019-10-25T15:02:17  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
334 2019-10-25T15:02:51  <wumpus> I, really really wish we could get rid of the boost::sleep madness and it wasn't like this
335 2019-10-25T15:03:55  <wumpus> I vaguely remember cfields once did a full replacement of the boost chrono/sleep stuff, including handling thread group interrupts, but even he had to give up !
336 2019-10-25T15:04:07  <instagibbs> elichai2, I recommend opening an issue with your sad news. Open issues make problems easier to track
337 2019-10-25T15:04:21  <elichai2> :(
338 2019-10-25T15:05:01  <elichai2> wumpus: but about the times. isn't it enough to assert now > 0? why was #16117 completley closed?
339 2019-10-25T15:05:03  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16117 | util: Replace boost:: with std:: in utiltime by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #16117 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
340 2019-10-25T15:05:15  <sdaftuar> luke-jr: i think something like this works https://github.com/sdaftuar/bitcoin/commits/test-15633-2 .
341 2019-10-25T15:05:45  <wumpus> elichai2: it probably didn't seem worth it anymore after the bad news
342 2019-10-25T15:05:51  <elichai2> instagibbs: yeah, I might start with an issue(if doesn't exist yet, I won't make this mistake twice heh) that lists all the known boost right now. and people can comment (and i'll search) for why haven't we replaced them yet. for future references
343 2019-10-25T15:06:19  <wumpus> opening an issue is probably a good idea, too many people stepped into this trap
344 2019-10-25T15:07:03  <instagibbs> I'm a fan of opening an issue when closing PRs, if the problem is real, but solution somehow insufficient
345 2019-10-25T15:07:25  <instagibbs> (if the PR doesn't already link an issue, of course!)
346 2019-10-25T15:08:47  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
347 2019-10-25T15:08:47  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/48cb468ce3f5...693e40090ae7
348 2019-10-25T15:08:47  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master dc2fdb9 practicalswift: tests: Add fuzzing harness for various CScript related functions
349 2019-10-25T15:08:47  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 693e400 MarcoFalke: Merge #17083: tests: Add fuzzing harness for various CScript related funct...
350 2019-10-25T15:08:48  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
351 2019-10-25T15:08:54  <wumpus> yes that'd be the ideal case, that a PR fixes an existing issue
352 2019-10-25T15:09:06  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
353 2019-10-25T15:09:06  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #17083: tests: Add fuzzing harness for various CScript related functions (master...fuzzers-script) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17083
354 2019-10-25T15:09:08  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
355 2019-10-25T15:09:14  <wumpus> 'replace boost' isn't really an issue in itself (though there's a project that groups issues and PRs around it)
356 2019-10-25T15:13:09  <wumpus> maybe "replace the boost thread interrupt system"
357 2019-10-25T15:13:48  <wumpus> I think it'd be a partial redesign of things, not necessarily a one to one change
358 2019-10-25T15:16:20  *** Skirmant has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
359 2019-10-25T15:17:16  *** laxanofido has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
360 2019-10-25T15:18:20  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
361 2019-10-25T15:22:59  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
362 2019-10-25T15:23:36  *** Skirmant has quit IRC
363 2019-10-25T15:26:31  *** nosss2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
364 2019-10-25T15:28:47  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
365 2019-10-25T15:34:42  *** davterra has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
366 2019-10-25T15:39:26  *** Skirmant has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
367 2019-10-25T15:45:30  *** andytoshi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
368 2019-10-25T15:45:31  *** andytoshi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
369 2019-10-25T15:47:57  <luke-jr> fwiw, added a %rd format for git-reflog http://dpaste.com/3BPT9GY
370 2019-10-25T15:49:07  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
371 2019-10-25T15:53:18  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
372 2019-10-25T15:54:17  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
373 2019-10-25T15:57:39  *** ddustin has quit IRC
374 2019-10-25T15:58:40  *** captjakk has quit IRC
375 2019-10-25T15:59:36  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
376 2019-10-25T16:00:03  *** Zenton has quit IRC
377 2019-10-25T16:01:13  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
378 2019-10-25T16:08:38  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
379 2019-10-25T16:19:35  *** mmgen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
380 2019-10-25T16:19:57  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
381 2019-10-25T16:19:57  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] adamjonas opened pull request #17254: test: fix script_p2sh_tests OP_PUSHBACK2/4 missing (master...2019-10-missing-OP_PUSHBACK-test) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17254
382 2019-10-25T16:20:07  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
383 2019-10-25T16:21:03  *** justan0theruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
384 2019-10-25T16:21:24  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
385 2019-10-25T16:21:54  <luke-jr> sdaftuar: now I'm pondering what a non-segwit peer with CBv2 means :P
386 2019-10-25T16:23:41  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
387 2019-10-25T16:25:02  *** JJ has quit IRC
388 2019-10-25T16:26:15  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
389 2019-10-25T16:27:50  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
390 2019-10-25T16:30:04  <sipa> luke-jr: spy node?
391 2019-10-25T16:31:35  *** dviola has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
392 2019-10-25T16:33:26  <luke-jr> sipa: well, sdaftuar changed gmax's check for NODE_SEGWIT to CBv2, I assume for a reason
393 2019-10-25T16:33:42  *** Honthe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
394 2019-10-25T16:38:26  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
395 2019-10-25T16:40:55  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
396 2019-10-25T16:43:14  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
397 2019-10-25T16:44:28  *** Deacyde has quit IRC
398 2019-10-25T16:45:48  *** jb55 has quit IRC
399 2019-10-25T16:47:43  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
400 2019-10-25T16:49:21  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
401 2019-10-25T16:51:02  *** nosss2 has quit IRC
402 2019-10-25T16:54:56  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
403 2019-10-25T16:56:29  <cfields> wumpus: fwiw, it wasn't that I gave up, it's that the end-result was very, very non-c++11-like.
404 2019-10-25T16:56:39  <cfields> Ended up having to resort to a bunch of c api's afterall.
405 2019-10-25T16:57:34  <cfields> Pretty sure it's still floating around in a branch somewhere, it's just arguably no better than using boost :(
406 2019-10-25T16:59:00  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
407 2019-10-25T17:01:39  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
408 2019-10-25T17:03:55  <cfields> Oh, sorry, this was about the threading interrupt stuff, not wall clock stuff.
409 2019-10-25T17:04:21  <cfields> Different branch, but similar outcome :)
410 2019-10-25T17:08:55  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
411 2019-10-25T17:09:08  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
412 2019-10-25T17:09:09  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] emilengler opened pull request #17256: doc: Change apt-get to apt (master...2019-10-apt-get-to-apt) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17256
413 2019-10-25T17:09:23  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
414 2019-10-25T17:12:10  *** timothy has quit IRC
415 2019-10-25T17:16:31  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
416 2019-10-25T17:20:31  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
417 2019-10-25T17:20:47  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
418 2019-10-25T17:22:25  *** Victor_sueca is now known as Victorsueca
419 2019-10-25T17:26:25  *** nosss2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
420 2019-10-25T17:27:02  <jamesob> man, PRs that are like 300+ line changes that aren't scripted diffs considered harmful. having to re-review (and re-review) a giant changeset because review has gone on for another month and a rebase has happened is a drag.
421 2019-10-25T17:30:25  *** arik_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
422 2019-10-25T17:31:26  <luke-jr> typically I do re-review by comparing the diffs
423 2019-10-25T17:32:46  *** thoragh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
424 2019-10-25T17:33:09  <instagibbs> 300 lines? you're like a baby :)
425 2019-10-25T17:33:14  * instagibbs ducks
426 2019-10-25T17:34:23  <luke-jr> gdd() {        local A="$1"; shift        local B="$1"; shift        gd "$A" "$@" >/tmp/a        gd "$B" "$@" >/tmp/b        diff /tmp/{a,b} -u | less }
427 2019-10-25T17:34:36  <luke-jr> newlines not included
428 2019-10-25T17:36:35  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
429 2019-10-25T17:36:35  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #17257: gui: disable font antialiasing for QR image address (master...disable_qr_font_antialiasing) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17257
430 2019-10-25T17:36:36  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
431 2019-10-25T17:37:45  <fanquake> jamesob 2100 lines waiting for you in 17165
432 2019-10-25T17:38:03  <fanquake> although they are easy to review
433 2019-10-25T17:39:33  <provoostenator> These "connection reset" log entries look more like a probing attack to me: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17247#issuecomment-546444882
434 2019-10-25T17:43:38  *** justan0theruser has quit IRC
435 2019-10-25T17:43:57  <sdaftuar> luke-jr: see the comment on gmax's original PR.  the code he had there wasn't right
436 2019-10-25T17:44:00  <BlueMatt> wumpus: are you sure those connections arent incoming?
437 2019-10-25T17:44:36  <ryanofsky> provoostenator, did you ever implement, or start implementing that optionsmodel test? i might pick up on that if you started something
438 2019-10-25T17:44:53  <BlueMatt> provoostenator: yes, it is.
439 2019-10-25T17:44:56  <provoostenator> ryanofsky: nope, go for it
440 2019-10-25T17:48:44  *** lightlike has quit IRC
441 2019-10-25T17:53:37  *** justan0theruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
442 2019-10-25T17:55:12  <jamesob> luke-jr: yup that's what I'll do, but still think that giant PRs are in most cases an antipattern
443 2019-10-25T18:00:02  *** laxanofido has quit IRC
444 2019-10-25T18:01:42  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
445 2019-10-25T18:02:12  *** roconnor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
446 2019-10-25T18:02:53  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
447 2019-10-25T18:03:27  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
448 2019-10-25T18:04:20  *** sipa has quit IRC
449 2019-10-25T18:10:50  *** dviola has quit IRC
450 2019-10-25T18:11:10  *** sipa has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
451 2019-10-25T18:11:24  *** arik_ has quit IRC
452 2019-10-25T18:13:59  *** arik_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
453 2019-10-25T18:15:20  *** lightlike has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
454 2019-10-25T18:15:25  *** Zenton has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
455 2019-10-25T18:17:42  *** NikolaiToryzin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
456 2019-10-25T18:26:54  *** arik_ has quit IRC
457 2019-10-25T18:28:03  *** arik_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
458 2019-10-25T18:28:05  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
459 2019-10-25T18:29:05  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
460 2019-10-25T18:29:39  *** rex4539 has quit IRC
461 2019-10-25T18:29:58  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
462 2019-10-25T18:30:56  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
463 2019-10-25T18:32:23  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
464 2019-10-25T18:34:11  *** rex4539 has quit IRC
465 2019-10-25T18:37:16  *** infernix has quit IRC
466 2019-10-25T18:39:42  *** owowo has quit IRC
467 2019-10-25T18:39:42  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
468 2019-10-25T18:44:06  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
469 2019-10-25T18:44:38  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
470 2019-10-25T18:53:53  *** justan0theruser has quit IRC
471 2019-10-25T18:58:00  *** thoragh has quit IRC
472 2019-10-25T19:00:21  <meshcollider> #startmeeting
473 2019-10-25T19:00:21  <lightningbot> Meeting started Fri Oct 25 19:00:21 2019 UTC.  The chair is meshcollider. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
474 2019-10-25T19:00:21  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
475 2019-10-25T19:00:23  <provoostenator> wallet meeting?
476 2019-10-25T19:00:23  <jnewbery> hi
477 2019-10-25T19:00:26  <provoostenator> hi
478 2019-10-25T19:00:27  <meshcollider> #bitcoin-core-dev Wallet Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball
479 2019-10-25T19:00:37  *** belcher has quit IRC
480 2019-10-25T19:00:46  <fanquake> hi
481 2019-10-25T19:00:47  <instagibbs> hi
482 2019-10-25T19:00:56  <meshcollider> Topics?
483 2019-10-25T19:00:58  <digi_james> hi
484 2019-10-25T19:01:40  <achow101> hi
485 2019-10-25T19:01:44  *** thoragh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
486 2019-10-25T19:01:44  <provoostenator> Not really. Lots of review work out there, just do it :-)
487 2019-10-25T19:01:44  <BlueMatt> <suggestor> now that bitcoin core is defaulting to segwit more, I wonder if it would make sense to change the default on spending unconfirmed change to not spend non-segwit unconfirmed change due to malleability.
488 2019-10-25T19:02:12  <instagibbs> BlueMatt, hmm
489 2019-10-25T19:02:19  *** belcher has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
490 2019-10-25T19:02:40  <instagibbs> achow101, you mentioned something about wanting to work on coin selection again, if you want to mention it here? (I don't know what you were thinking)
491 2019-10-25T19:02:44  <provoostenator> Coin selection already prefers confirmed coins, so that seems a bit overkill.
492 2019-10-25T19:02:59  <instagibbs> true, it heavily tries deeply-then-shallow-confirmed
493 2019-10-25T19:02:59  <achow101> instagibbs: yes, planning on doing some coin selection stuff and reviving SRD
494 2019-10-25T19:03:23  <meshcollider> Thanks to everyone who has been reviewing #16341, it's getting very close now which is awesome :)
495 2019-10-25T19:03:26  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16341 | Introduce ScriptPubKeyMan interface and use it for key and script management (aka wallet boxes) by achow101 · Pull Request #16341 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
496 2019-10-25T19:03:29  <provoostenator> I went down the coin selection rabbit hole yesterday. Happy to review attemps by others :-)
497 2019-10-25T19:03:43  <instagibbs> Sorry I haven't had time to re-review SPKM PR :/
498 2019-10-25T19:04:30  <instagibbs> Honestly knapsack has to die
499 2019-10-25T19:04:32  <achow101> BlueMatt: would there even be non-segwit unconfirmed change unless the wallet is configured to addresstype=legacy?
500 2019-10-25T19:05:01  <instagibbs> Previously I had tried working on the wallet again, and threw my hands up in dispair because of the knapsack loop behavior
501 2019-10-25T19:05:06  <achow101> errr changetype=legacy.. I don't think we make non-segwit change anymore?
502 2019-10-25T19:05:20  <BlueMatt> achow101: no, you need to avoid spending any change that came from a transaction with non-segwit inputs
503 2019-10-25T19:05:41  <BlueMatt> cause that underlying tx is malleable
504 2019-10-25T19:05:46  <achow101> oh right
505 2019-10-25T19:06:11  <instagibbs> achow101, so personally speaking, I'd strong concept ACK killing off knapsack if the UTXO simulation story doesn't look awful
506 2019-10-25T19:06:43  <instagibbs> imo it's limped along by fear of removing the current UTXO vacuum(that doesn't benefit small wallets anyways!)
507 2019-10-25T19:08:27  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
508 2019-10-25T19:08:27  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/693e40090ae7...25d7e2e78137
509 2019-10-25T19:08:28  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 04dbdd6 Sjors Provoost: [net] SocketHandler: log peer id for close and disconnect
510 2019-10-25T19:08:28  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 25d7e2e fanquake: Merge #17251: net: SocketHandler logs peer id for close and disconnect
511 2019-10-25T19:08:30  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
512 2019-10-25T19:08:32  <provoostenator> Yeah that loop is horrible. It doesnt' even really start at the top: splitting the fee amongst outputs is done at the top, based on the last iteration.
513 2019-10-25T19:08:47  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
514 2019-10-25T19:08:47  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #17251: net: SocketHandler logs peer id for close and disconnect (master...2019/10/net-socket-peer) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17251
515 2019-10-25T19:08:49  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
516 2019-10-25T19:08:49  <provoostenator> ^ yolo merge, before Travis ready :-)
517 2019-10-25T19:08:54  <instagibbs> It makes improvements to the wallet basically impossible :(
518 2019-10-25T19:08:59  <instagibbs> some improvements*
519 2019-10-25T19:09:07  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
520 2019-10-25T19:09:07  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] adamjonas opened pull request #17258: Fix issue with conflicted mempool tx in listsinceblock (master...listsinceblock-filter-conflicts) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17258
521 2019-10-25T19:09:08  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
522 2019-10-25T19:09:12  <instagibbs> anyways, stepping off soapbox
523 2019-10-25T19:09:42  <instagibbs> f.e., having the wallet implicitly CPFP
524 2019-10-25T19:10:02  <provoostenator> instagibbs: you'll like #17246
525 2019-10-25T19:10:04  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17246 | wallet: avoid knapsack when theres no change by Sjors · Pull Request #17246 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
526 2019-10-25T19:10:05  <achow101> BlueMatt: I suppose that idea is reasonable. but, on the topic of unconfirmed change, how do we handle fee bumping a tx from which we've spent the unconfirmed change?
527 2019-10-25T19:10:12  <provoostenator> (or some variant thereof)
528 2019-10-25T19:10:17  <instagibbs> provoostenator, right, CPFP would have worked for me... only for CPFP case :)
529 2019-10-25T19:10:18  <BlueMatt> you dont
530 2019-10-25T19:10:21  <BlueMatt> you bump the next one up
531 2019-10-25T19:10:24  <BlueMatt> cpfp :)
532 2019-10-25T19:10:25  <instagibbs> but I felt that wasn't worth it
533 2019-10-25T19:11:14  <jnewbery> topic request: #16341
534 2019-10-25T19:11:16  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16341 | Introduce ScriptPubKeyMan interface and use it for key and script management (aka wallet boxes) by achow101 · Pull Request #16341 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
535 2019-10-25T19:11:40  *** arik_ has quit IRC
536 2019-10-25T19:12:06  <achow101> BlueMatt: true. I was about to suggest that maybe we shouldn't allow unconfirmed change at all
537 2019-10-25T19:12:50  <achow101> And with upcoming more complex scripts, maybe we shouldn't, because we aren't necessarily the sole owner of those outputs
538 2019-10-25T19:13:58  <provoostenator> Instead of spending unconfirmed change, we could RBF and add an output?
539 2019-10-25T19:14:09  <provoostenator> That would be a nice fee saving UX improvment.
540 2019-10-25T19:14:47  <provoostenator> (though non trivial if the pre-RBF transactions gets mined)
541 2019-10-25T19:14:57  <instagibbs> that's the sticky part
542 2019-10-25T19:15:19  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
543 2019-10-25T19:15:25  <provoostenator> You can sign two variants and start broadcasting the fallback if needed.
544 2019-10-25T19:15:38  <provoostenator> But that's less of a set-and-forget than we have now.
545 2019-10-25T19:15:44  <instagibbs> our wallet is very "transactional" i nthe wrong sense currently
546 2019-10-25T19:15:51  <provoostenator> set-and-quit-and-forget I mean
547 2019-10-25T19:15:57  <instagibbs> transaction as in CTransaction rather than logical transaction :)
548 2019-10-25T19:18:14  <achow101> next topic?
549 2019-10-25T19:18:19  <meshcollider> #topic SPKM PR #16341 (jnewbery)
550 2019-10-25T19:18:22  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16341 | Introduce ScriptPubKeyMan interface and use it for key and script management (aka wallet boxes) by achow101 · Pull Request #16341 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
551 2019-10-25T19:18:33  <achow101> ack 'n merge pls
552 2019-10-25T19:18:59  <meshcollider> Go and bug sipa first, he said he wanted to review it
553 2019-10-25T19:19:00  <jnewbery> I'd like to help but there's no way I have time to review the PR in the way that it's structured
554 2019-10-25T19:19:27  <provoostenator> jnewbery: did you also look at ryanofsky's variant, with the same end result?
555 2019-10-25T19:19:30  <jnewbery> I'm particularly concerned about ryanofsky's comment here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16341#issuecomment-541330425
556 2019-10-25T19:19:36  <achow101> jnewbery: do you want me to use ryanofsky's structure?
557 2019-10-25T19:19:37  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
558 2019-10-25T19:19:43  <provoostenator> I found it useful to review achow101's version first, and then ryanofsky's version
559 2019-10-25T19:19:57  <jnewbery> provoostenator achow101: I haven't looked at Russ's version yet
560 2019-10-25T19:20:21  <jnewbery> it's mostly about the volume of changes
561 2019-10-25T19:20:37  <provoostenator> But I wouldn't either is ideal. Russ' version does a _lot_ of stuff in big increments in the beginning. But his later commits are perhaps better.
562 2019-10-25T19:20:56  <jnewbery> I know it'd take me at least a week to review so much code and satisfy myself that there aren't bugs
563 2019-10-25T19:21:19  <provoostenator> It's a huge PR indeed. But it's not obvious how to refactor the giant ball of spaghetti in multiple steps
564 2019-10-25T19:21:22  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
565 2019-10-25T19:21:46  <ryanofsky> just catching up but my branch has two big commits at the beginning. one is 100% moveonly. one is a bunch of renames
566 2019-10-25T19:21:56  <ryanofsky> every other commit is small
567 2019-10-25T19:22:17  <meshcollider> Yeah this has come up in discussion a few times, noone has come up with an alternative to either this or more massive commits
568 2019-10-25T19:22:38  <jnewbery> ryanofsky: would only merging those first two commits leave us in a bad state (would it be possible to slice those off in their own PR)?
569 2019-10-25T19:23:00  <jnewbery> I can definitely review move-only/rename commits
570 2019-10-25T19:23:06  <ryanofsky> merging those two commits would be fine, as far as i know
571 2019-10-25T19:23:27  <jnewbery> achow101: what do you think about that approach?
572 2019-10-25T19:24:19  <meshcollider> If we are going to split this PR up a bit, maybe we should feature-freeze the wallet until all the parts are in to avoid things getting messy half way
573 2019-10-25T19:24:46  <achow101> jnewbery: I haven't looked at russ's branch in detail
574 2019-10-25T19:24:51  <provoostenator> Maybe the "Refactor: Split up CWallet and LegacyScriptPubKeyMan and classes" can split into one commit that introduces the class, and one that moves the methods over?
575 2019-10-25T19:24:53  <instagibbs> that's the other thing true, you're going to force people to rebase 2+ times
576 2019-10-25T19:24:58  *** arik_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
577 2019-10-25T19:24:59  <instagibbs> in serious ways
578 2019-10-25T19:25:25  <meshcollider> Well they can just wait til it's all in ^
579 2019-10-25T19:25:26  <ryanofsky> just to clarify my github comment from a few weeks ago, i'm fine if achow's pr is merged as is, i just wouldn't want my ack to be a deciding factor
580 2019-10-25T19:26:12  <ryanofsky> it's too many scattered changes that i don't fully understand to be confident about all of them
581 2019-10-25T19:26:35  <jnewbery> That's my main concern (separate from not being able to review it myself):I'm worried that due to the size of this PR, other people who have reviewed it haven't been able to do so in sufficient detail to avoid merging bugs
582 2019-10-25T19:26:37  <achow101> ryanofsky: I think the only reason acks came in quickly after yours is because they were just waiting for you to be done asking for changes before commenting
583 2019-10-25T19:26:43  <meshcollider> Yeah it is enormous, I'm feeling the same way
584 2019-10-25T19:27:15  <ryanofsky> achow101, yes you're right i probably misinterpreted the timing
585 2019-10-25T19:27:25  <meshcollider> That's why I want to merge it early on in the 0.20 release cycle so we have plenty of time to identify bugs before we get close to a release
586 2019-10-25T19:27:53  <instagibbs> Yes, I had reviewed once, then waited for velocity to stop, then reviewed the diff between the version I'd reviewed and tip. That said, it deserves more eyes
587 2019-10-25T19:27:58  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
588 2019-10-25T19:28:29  <meshcollider> Smaller PRs would definitely encourage more reviews too
589 2019-10-25T19:28:48  <ryanofsky> meshcollider, i don't think this has to be an all or nothing thing merged early in the release cycle. you could merge the moves early, and then let all the little behavior changes get reviewed as normal
590 2019-10-25T19:28:50  <provoostenator> For release cycle it doesn't matter much if we wait another week or two for proof-of-newbery
591 2019-10-25T19:29:15  <jnewbery> I'm raising it because I'm not getting the sense from any of the reviewers who have ACKed that they're super confident
592 2019-10-25T19:29:40  <achow101> I can try to break it up further based on ryanofsky's branch as it seems like people are okay with some big moveonlys and renames
593 2019-10-25T19:30:18  <jnewbery> achow101: thanks! I'll also try to take a look at ryanofsky's version next week
594 2019-10-25T19:30:23  <achow101> if we want to do it in smaller prs, then I think we should feature freeze the wallet
595 2019-10-25T19:30:34  <sipa> (speaking as someone who has not looked at the changes in detail, but plans to)  big moveonlys are still fairly mechanically verifiable, regardless of size
596 2019-10-25T19:31:19  <ryanofsky> yeah i think the first big commit which is completely moveonly is basically trivial
597 2019-10-25T19:31:40  <achow101> (now I just need to find ryanofsky's branch, I seem to be clikcing all the wrong "Load more comments..")
598 2019-10-25T19:31:51  <ryanofsky> the second big commit which is the "rename" commit is kind of eyeglazing but still boring and reviewable i think
599 2019-10-25T19:31:52  <MarcoFalke> Can this channel be opened again or at least mention in the title that log in is required?
600 2019-10-25T19:31:59  <MarcoFalke> People keep running into this issue
601 2019-10-25T19:32:39  <meshcollider> achow101: I'm happy to do that for a while because otherwise this is going to take forever to get in
602 2019-10-25T19:33:17  <provoostenator> achow101: https://github.com/ryanofsky/bitcoin/commits/pr/keyman
603 2019-10-25T19:33:46  <instagibbs> if feature freeze is the plan, I think people should be allowed a window to squeeze in near-merged features :)
604 2019-10-25T19:33:49  <instagibbs> with heads up
605 2019-10-25T19:34:10  <instagibbs> unless the freeze is like... a week
606 2019-10-25T19:34:25  <achow101> I think some large-ish changes could also become scripted-diffs, so that will help review
607 2019-10-25T19:34:25  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
608 2019-10-25T19:34:36  <ryanofsky> i'm fine with a feature freeze, but not sure what a feature freeze would be doing...
609 2019-10-25T19:35:08  *** JeremyCrookshank has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
610 2019-10-25T19:35:16  <jnewbery> If ryanofsky's branch really is two big commits (that become the first PR) and then a bunch of small commits, I also don't understand the need for a feature freeze
611 2019-10-25T19:35:28  <jnewbery> it sounds like the disruptive rebasey part would be those first two commits
612 2019-10-25T19:35:33  <sipa> i think it's simpler to have reviewers lined up for a "it will be merged on day X", and then the PR author can rebase that day exactly, everyone give a final ack, and it's merged
613 2019-10-25T19:35:34  <jnewbery> and once they're in they're in
614 2019-10-25T19:35:42  *** jarthur has quit IRC
615 2019-10-25T19:35:43  <ryanofsky> yeah exactly all the commits are small and normal except 2
616 2019-10-25T19:37:02  <instagibbs> ok provided you think it's only 1 painful break, fine
617 2019-10-25T19:37:11  <ryanofsky> if the concern is difficulty rebasing the 2 big commits, i've done than several times, and it hasn't been a big deal. can continue to do it if desired
618 2019-10-25T19:37:15  <instagibbs> let's just do that
619 2019-10-25T19:37:21  <meshcollider> Alright achow101 happy?
620 2019-10-25T19:37:33  <achow101> ok
621 2019-10-25T19:38:02  <meshcollider> Sweet, any other topics?
622 2019-10-25T19:38:07  <provoostenator> achow101: if you're replacing the branch, please make a new PR...
623 2019-10-25T19:38:18  <achow101> yes, new prs will be opened
624 2019-10-25T19:38:38  <jnewbery> thanks!
625 2019-10-25T19:38:41  <provoostenator> Great, so I don't have to write a Chrome plugin to auto-click "Load More..."
626 2019-10-25T19:38:54  <meshcollider> Please do that anyway :p
627 2019-10-25T19:39:31  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
628 2019-10-25T19:39:56  <JeremyCrookshank> Hello?
629 2019-10-25T19:40:00  <instagibbs> since #16944 got un-scope-creeped, I think it's close to merge (selfish reminder)
630 2019-10-25T19:40:03  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16944 | gui: create PSBT with watch-only wallet by Sjors · Pull Request #16944 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
631 2019-10-25T19:40:32  *** JJ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
632 2019-10-25T19:40:33  <instagibbs> JeremyCrookshank, pong
633 2019-10-25T19:40:42  <JeremyCrookshank> Oh thankgod people can see my messages now
634 2019-10-25T19:40:45  <JeremyCrookshank> :)
635 2019-10-25T19:40:58  *** mmgen has quit IRC
636 2019-10-25T19:41:02  *** JJ has quit IRC
637 2019-10-25T19:41:05  <meshcollider> Yep I'm going to take a look at that today instagibbs
638 2019-10-25T19:41:15  <meshcollider> #endmeeting
639 2019-10-25T19:41:15  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Fri Oct 25 19:41:15 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
640 2019-10-25T19:41:15  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-10-25-19.00.html
641 2019-10-25T19:41:15  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-10-25-19.00.txt
642 2019-10-25T19:41:15  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2019/bitcoin-core-dev.2019-10-25-19.00.log.html
643 2019-10-25T19:41:53  <provoostenator> Yes, it can be merged independent of the keypool stuff; it just won't work for keypool-less watch-only wallets.
644 2019-10-25T19:42:08  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
645 2019-10-25T19:43:19  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
646 2019-10-25T19:44:01  *** ddustin has quit IRC
647 2019-10-25T19:44:42  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
648 2019-10-25T19:44:42  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
649 2019-10-25T19:45:07  *** infernix has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
650 2019-10-25T19:45:28  *** ddustin has quit IRC
651 2019-10-25T19:46:09  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
652 2019-10-25T19:46:48  *** arik_ has quit IRC
653 2019-10-25T19:47:00  *** ddustin has quit IRC
654 2019-10-25T19:47:36  *** arik_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
655 2019-10-25T19:47:49  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
656 2019-10-25T19:48:28  *** ddustin has quit IRC
657 2019-10-25T19:48:37  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
658 2019-10-25T19:49:12  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
659 2019-10-25T19:49:43  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
660 2019-10-25T19:49:51  *** ddustin has quit IRC
661 2019-10-25T19:49:58  *** belcher has quit IRC
662 2019-10-25T19:50:27  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
663 2019-10-25T19:50:52  <JeremyCrookshank> How often are the meetings?
664 2019-10-25T19:51:11  *** ddustin has quit IRC
665 2019-10-25T19:51:32  <instagibbs> JeremyCrookshank, wallet meetings i think are every-other Friday, beginning of this hour
666 2019-10-25T19:51:43  <instagibbs> main meeting is weekly, Thursday, same time
667 2019-10-25T19:51:57  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
668 2019-10-25T19:52:05  <JeremyCrookshank> Thank you :)
669 2019-10-25T19:52:13  <jnewbery> (scheduled in UTC, so it might be a different local time for you next week depending on where you live)
670 2019-10-25T19:52:34  *** ddustin has quit IRC
671 2019-10-25T19:52:55  <instagibbs> right, iceland time ;)
672 2019-10-25T19:53:18  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
673 2019-10-25T19:53:25  <achow101> My main concern with using ryanofsky's commits is the second one, it's not just a rename as it does introduce LegacyScriptPubKeyMan and changes some wallet things to use that
674 2019-10-25T19:54:00  <achow101> maybe it can be broken down further?
675 2019-10-25T19:54:19  <ryanofsky> for reference, this is https://github.com/ryanofsky/bitcoin/commit/96beb6b80aed453d30f217481dfc10f14c87d200
676 2019-10-25T19:54:39  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
677 2019-10-25T19:54:41  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
678 2019-10-25T19:54:43  <ryanofsky> yes it could be broken down, sjors has suggested doing rpc file separately for example
679 2019-10-25T19:55:05  <ryanofsky> but everything there is a mechanical change, renaming, wrapping aliasing, no changes in behavior. it's just big
680 2019-10-25T19:55:36  <ryanofsky> easiest way to see that is to run the git diff commands in the commit description
681 2019-10-25T19:55:54  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
682 2019-10-25T20:00:17  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
683 2019-10-25T20:02:10  <provoostenator> And maybe also have one commit that introduces the (Legacy)ScriptPubKeyMan class itself
684 2019-10-25T20:03:12  <achow101> eyeglazing is an understatement for that commit
685 2019-10-25T20:03:39  *** jb55 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
686 2019-10-25T20:05:42  *** ajonas has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
687 2019-10-25T20:05:59  <achow101> how many PRs do people want? 2? more?
688 2019-10-25T20:06:15  <ryanofsky> provoostenator, i wasn't sure what you meant there. the class without the methods would just be an empty class declaration
689 2019-10-25T20:07:27  <ryanofsky> achow, one awkward thing is those 4 commits before the 2 big ones
690 2019-10-25T20:07:53  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
691 2019-10-25T20:07:55  <achow101> ryanofsky: yeah, I was going to see if I could break this up such that those 4 would slide in before whatever changes they are required for
692 2019-10-25T20:08:04  <achow101> may need 4 PRs for that
693 2019-10-25T20:08:36  <ryanofsky> looking
694 2019-10-25T20:10:13  <ryanofsky> i wonder if we could just merge those now
695 2019-10-25T20:10:20  <achow101> I'm also looking to drop or merge together the "unsure if necessary" commits with other commits
696 2019-10-25T20:10:57  <achow101> also gonna base on mater
697 2019-10-25T20:10:59  <achow101> *master
698 2019-10-25T20:11:18  <ryanofsky> otherwise i can update my branch to just put the two big commits first
699 2019-10-25T20:12:18  <achow101> ryanofsky: I'm pretty sure they can fit in other places. They originally were placed before the commits that required them but moved because semi-unrelated
700 2019-10-25T20:12:24  <ryanofsky> which "unsure if necessary" commits do you think are good?
701 2019-10-25T20:12:51  <achow101> https://github.com/ryanofsky/bitcoin/commit/a9ee4ca8060f71b8edc2b4aff685f9dbc3841488 and https://github.com/ryanofsky/bitcoin/commit/0a036d2c4af9ee6b40a2028a789c32bc36b1464a
702 2019-10-25T20:13:07  <achow101> ScriptPubKeyMan unique_ptr and include <functional.h>
703 2019-10-25T20:14:27  *** JeremyCrookshank has quit IRC
704 2019-10-25T20:14:27  <ryanofsky> ok why the unique pointer one? it just seems to create a dummy wrapper that doesn't do anything
705 2019-10-25T20:16:33  <achow101> wrong commit, nvm
706 2019-10-25T20:16:59  <achow101> include functional is the only one to keep
707 2019-10-25T20:18:01  <ryanofsky> got it, i understand that one now
708 2019-10-25T20:18:37  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
709 2019-10-25T20:18:40  <provoostenator> ryanofsky: I meant class with function defitions and maybe noop methods. That way the function bodies can move from one structure to another. But ignore if impractical.
710 2019-10-25T20:19:57  *** za-kk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
711 2019-10-25T20:25:43  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
712 2019-10-25T20:26:59  <ryanofsky> achow101 just updated https://github.com/ryanofsky/bitcoin/commits/pr/keyman, no big change
713 2019-10-25T20:27:57  <ryanofsky> i just moved the two big commits earlier. i think the first three commits would make a good pr: two moveonlys and the eyeglazing rename
714 2019-10-25T20:29:43  <ryanofsky> compilation and tests should still pass the whole way through but can reconfirm
715 2019-10-25T20:33:54  *** JeremyCrookshank has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
716 2019-10-25T20:34:12  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
717 2019-10-25T20:34:13  <JeremyCrookshank> ping
718 2019-10-25T20:38:35  <ryanofsky> pong
719 2019-10-25T20:39:20  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
720 2019-10-25T20:41:04  <sipa> pang
721 2019-10-25T20:41:31  <za-kk> peng
722 2019-10-25T20:45:19  *** Hazle51Lowe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
723 2019-10-25T20:50:26  *** Hazle51Lowe has quit IRC
724 2019-10-25T20:52:51  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
725 2019-10-25T21:00:01  *** NikolaiToryzin has quit IRC
726 2019-10-25T21:00:17  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
727 2019-10-25T21:00:59  *** thoragh has quit IRC
728 2019-10-25T21:02:11  *** thoragh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
729 2019-10-25T21:03:25  *** dviola has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
730 2019-10-25T21:04:25  *** jkczyz_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
731 2019-10-25T21:05:03  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
732 2019-10-25T21:05:16  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
733 2019-10-25T21:08:05  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
734 2019-10-25T21:08:25  *** dviola has quit IRC
735 2019-10-25T21:08:25  *** dviola has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
736 2019-10-25T21:08:49  *** arik_ has quit IRC
737 2019-10-25T21:09:37  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
738 2019-10-25T21:09:53  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
739 2019-10-25T21:09:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 closed pull request #16341: Introduce ScriptPubKeyMan interface and use it for key and script management (aka wallet boxes) (master...box-the-wallet) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16341
740 2019-10-25T21:09:57  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
741 2019-10-25T21:10:04  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
742 2019-10-25T21:11:28  *** arik_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
743 2019-10-25T21:11:53  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
744 2019-10-25T21:11:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 opened pull request #17260: Split some CWallet functions into new LegacyScriptPubKeyMan (master...wallet-box-pr-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17260
745 2019-10-25T21:12:04  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
746 2019-10-25T21:12:21  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
747 2019-10-25T21:12:21  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] emilengler closed pull request #17256: doc: Change apt-get to apt (master...2019-10-apt-get-to-apt) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17256
748 2019-10-25T21:12:23  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
749 2019-10-25T21:12:36  <achow101> ^^ 1st pr open
750 2019-10-25T21:15:42  <ryanofsky> thanks, easy ack for me. need to silence the linters thought, i guess
751 2019-10-25T21:17:25  *** lahwran has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
752 2019-10-25T21:18:02  *** jkczyz_ has quit IRC
753 2019-10-25T21:18:21  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
754 2019-10-25T21:18:25  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
755 2019-10-25T21:28:25  <jonatack> JeremyCrookshank: Bitcoin Core IRC meetings info here https://github.com/jonatack/bitcoin-development/blob/master/bitcoin-core-dev-irc-meetings.txt
756 2019-10-25T21:31:21  <jonatack> JeremyCrookshank: also https://github.com/fanquake/core-review/blob/master/irc.md
757 2019-10-25T21:33:03  *** captjakk has quit IRC
758 2019-10-25T21:34:05  <achow101> ryanofsky: not all commits compile, so gonna have to make a few changes
759 2019-10-25T21:34:15  <achow101> also doing some reordering
760 2019-10-25T21:34:45  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
761 2019-10-25T21:35:30  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
762 2019-10-25T21:38:15  *** arik_ has quit IRC
763 2019-10-25T21:41:02  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
764 2019-10-25T21:42:39  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
765 2019-10-25T21:42:49  *** Skirmant has quit IRC
766 2019-10-25T21:45:50  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
767 2019-10-25T21:47:22  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
768 2019-10-25T21:47:47  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
769 2019-10-25T22:02:01  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
770 2019-10-25T22:07:44  *** Skirmant has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
771 2019-10-25T22:19:04  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
772 2019-10-25T22:21:47  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
773 2019-10-25T22:25:26  *** ajonas has quit IRC
774 2019-10-25T22:26:18  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
775 2019-10-25T22:27:35  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
776 2019-10-25T22:29:17  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
777 2019-10-25T22:31:03  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
778 2019-10-25T22:32:43  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
779 2019-10-25T22:34:53  *** marcoagner has quit IRC
780 2019-10-25T22:40:52  *** Deacyde has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
781 2019-10-25T23:00:56  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
782 2019-10-25T23:05:21  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
783 2019-10-25T23:07:52  *** ImAFreek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
784 2019-10-25T23:13:38  *** thoragh has quit IRC
785 2019-10-25T23:16:05  <JeremyCrookshank> thank you jona
786 2019-10-25T23:16:07  <JeremyCrookshank> :)
787 2019-10-25T23:17:42  *** ImAFreek has quit IRC
788 2019-10-25T23:21:11  *** JeremyCrookshank has quit IRC
789 2019-10-25T23:22:54  *** captjakk has quit IRC
790 2019-10-25T23:26:52  *** za-kk has quit IRC
791 2019-10-25T23:31:14  *** Deacyde has quit IRC
792 2019-10-25T23:33:25  *** luigi_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
793 2019-10-25T23:36:57  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
794 2019-10-25T23:38:33  *** SiAnDoG has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
795 2019-10-25T23:41:52  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
796 2019-10-25T23:54:49  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
797 2019-10-25T23:56:46  *** lightlike has quit IRC
798 2019-10-25T23:59:27  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev