1 2019-11-03T00:02:47  *** soju has quit IRC
 2 2019-11-03T00:11:07  *** notmandatory has joined ##taproot-bip-review
 3 2019-11-03T00:14:25  *** soju has joined ##taproot-bip-review
 4 2019-11-03T00:30:01  *** soju has quit IRC
 5 2019-11-03T00:36:05  *** soju has joined ##taproot-bip-review
 6 2019-11-03T00:49:16  *** notmandatory has quit IRC
 7 2019-11-03T02:35:40  *** nick_fre_ has joined ##taproot-bip-review
 8 2019-11-03T02:36:38  <pyskell> eltneg, yes they're in utc
 9 2019-11-03T02:39:39  *** nick_freeman has quit IRC
10 2019-11-03T02:43:26  <moneyball> eltneg: I can add you to group 4
11 2019-11-03T02:52:10  <moneyball> eltneg: updated https://github.com/ajtowns/taproot-review/blob/master/study-groups.md
12 2019-11-03T02:53:45  *** meshcollider has joined ##taproot-bip-review
13 2019-11-03T02:53:54  <meshcollider> Hi :)
14 2019-11-03T03:32:22  *** nick_fre_ has quit IRC
15 2019-11-03T03:37:49  <meshcollider> moneyball: I know the email said a time but is there a specific day? Or do we sort that out amongst ourselves
16 2019-11-03T03:38:22  <meshcollider> Thanks for coordinating everyone btw, looks like quite a job with so many
17 2019-11-03T03:48:17  <moneyball> aj gives suggestions in the docs in the repo but it is self organizing, so go ahead and coordinate with the rest of your group
18 2019-11-03T03:57:23  <eltneg> moneyball: thanks. I have seen the update
19 2019-11-03T04:00:49  *** yas has quit IRC
20 2019-11-03T04:02:55  *** yas has joined ##taproot-bip-review
21 2019-11-03T05:09:07  *** soju has quit IRC
22 2019-11-03T05:12:56  *** soju has joined ##taproot-bip-review
23 2019-11-03T05:17:54  *** soju has quit IRC
24 2019-11-03T05:52:38  *** jonatack has quit IRC
25 2019-11-03T07:12:43  *** CubicEarth has joined ##taproot-bip-review
26 2019-11-03T08:44:26  *** qiwan19 has joined ##taproot-bip-review
27 2019-11-03T08:59:34  *** qiwan19 has quit IRC
28 2019-11-03T09:01:52  *** afk11 has quit IRC
29 2019-11-03T09:03:25  *** afk11 has joined ##taproot-bip-review
30 2019-11-03T11:41:53  *** jonatack has joined ##taproot-bip-review
31 2019-11-03T11:45:09  *** thinraft has joined ##taproot-bip-review
32 2019-11-03T11:54:39  *** thinraft has quit IRC
33 2019-11-03T11:56:53  *** jonatack has quit IRC
34 2019-11-03T11:58:14  *** jonatack has joined ##taproot-bip-review
35 2019-11-03T12:06:23  <jonatack> schmidty: sanket1729: Hi -- I propose Group 5 first meeting here this Thursday November 7 at 1800 UTC. WDYT. I don't see the others here RN.
36 2019-11-03T12:07:45  <jonatack> I suppose this channel isn't logged, so we'll have to copy the discussion ourselves if want to have a copy to refer to.
37 2019-11-03T12:23:38  <schmidty> jonatack: sanket1729 time works for me!
38 2019-11-03T12:49:24  <aj> it is logged, just not publicly yet
39 2019-11-03T12:55:03  <jonatack> aj: nice. thanks
40 2019-11-03T12:55:50  <aj> okay, logging is up at http://www.erisian.com.au/taproot-bip-review/
41 2019-11-03T12:56:55  <aj> #startmeeting
42 2019-11-03T12:56:55  <lightningbot> Meeting started Sun Nov  3 12:56:55 2019 UTC.  The chair is aj. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
43 2019-11-03T12:56:55  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
44 2019-11-03T12:57:02  <aj> #topic test
45 2019-11-03T12:57:08  <aj> #endmeeting
46 2019-11-03T12:57:08  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Sun Nov  3 12:57:08 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
47 2019-11-03T12:57:08  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/taproot-bip-review/2019/taproot-bip-review.2019-11-03-12.56.html
48 2019-11-03T12:57:08  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/taproot-bip-review/2019/taproot-bip-review.2019-11-03-12.56.txt
49 2019-11-03T12:57:08  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/taproot-bip-review/2019/taproot-bip-review.2019-11-03-12.56.log.html
50 2019-11-03T12:59:13  <aj> and meetbot logs for meetings should work too, though do remember to do an endmeeting if you start one
51 2019-11-03T12:59:57  <jonatack> great. tested the link. meetbot too, v nice, thanks aj
52 2019-11-03T13:17:57  *** cdecker has joined ##taproot-bip-review
53 2019-11-03T13:37:35  *** nick_freeman has joined ##taproot-bip-review
54 2019-11-03T14:54:56  <moneyball> jonatack, schmidty: a first meeting of thursday is after both of the first 2 Q&A sessions
55 2019-11-03T14:56:06  <moneyball> the guidelines are "On Monday or Tuesday, you should do an initial review of the topic." https://github.com/ajtowns/taproot-review
56 2019-11-03T14:56:20  <moneyball> then "Finally, on Thursday or Friday, you should complete your review and fill in the google form."
57 2019-11-03T14:56:45  <moneyball> of course, these are only guidelines and it is up to each study group, and each individual, to go about this how they best see fit.
58 2019-11-03T15:16:31  <jonatack> moneyball: schmidty: thank you for the reminder -- first meeting tomorrow or Tuesday 1800 utc then
59 2019-11-03T15:26:38  <moneyball> or a more precise reference https://github.com/ajtowns/taproot-review#what-happens-each-week
60 2019-11-03T15:30:02  *** pyskell has quit IRC
61 2019-11-03T15:31:14  *** pyskell has joined ##taproot-bip-review
62 2019-11-03T15:31:14  *** pyskell has joined ##taproot-bip-review
63 2019-11-03T15:35:21  *** pyskell has quit IRC
64 2019-11-03T15:35:48  *** pyskell has joined ##taproot-bip-review
65 2019-11-03T15:35:48  *** pyskell has joined ##taproot-bip-review
66 2019-11-03T15:41:47  <pyskell> moneyball, Just to confirm, it's do our own personal review of the topic on Monday/Tuesday, then attend a Q&A session (all reviewers regardless of group), then discuss with our group on Thurs/Fri and complete the Google Form?
67 2019-11-03T15:42:25  <pyskell> Also should probably send everyone a reminder that evil daylight savings time has just struck and may push people's meetings off by an hour if they were recording their times in local time
68 2019-11-03T15:54:05  <sipa> Only the US switched over just now, I believe; the rest of the world did it somewhere in the past weeks
69 2019-11-03T16:16:10  <moneyball> pyskell: it is up to each study group how you go about it, but one of the organizers had this guideline in mind "1h solo review, 1h study group, 1h q&a, 1h solo re-review" which suggests a study group meeting prior to the Q&A sessions
70 2019-11-03T16:17:31  <pyskell> Gotcha
71 2019-11-03T16:22:23  <sipa> So each study group (if they follow this idea) would be meeting both before and after a Q&A session?
72 2019-11-03T16:22:54  <sipa> I will try to attend all Q&A sessions to answer questions.
73 2019-11-03T16:28:57  <hebasto> sipa: much appreciate
74 2019-11-03T16:56:44  <moneyball> sipa the guideline above is 1 hour solo + 1 hour study group prior to Q&A, then 1 hour Q&A, then 1 hour solo.
75 2019-11-03T16:57:03  <moneyball> so, 1 study group meeting per week
76 2019-11-03T16:57:06  *** bproot has joined ##taproot-bip-review
77 2019-11-03T17:04:39  *** jonatack has quit IRC
78 2019-11-03T17:22:11  <afk11> sipa: is the latest taproot branch is taproot2? the week-1 doc mentions https://github.com/sipa/bitcoin/commits/taproot
79 2019-11-03T17:24:02  <afk11> have a PR to fix if that's the case https://github.com/ajtowns/taproot-review/pull/19
80 2019-11-03T17:54:53  <sipa> afk11: they're the same i think
81 2019-11-03T17:55:08  <sipa> it's correct, taproot is the branch
82 2019-11-03T17:55:23  <afk11> ok, thanks!
83 2019-11-03T18:36:31  *** xoyi- has joined ##taproot-bip-review
84 2019-11-03T18:50:02  <xoyi-> A little late to the party, but hello group 7!
85 2019-11-03T18:54:56  *** kabaum has joined ##taproot-bip-review
86 2019-11-03T19:23:58  *** xoyi- has quit IRC
87 2019-11-03T19:29:11  *** xoyi- has joined ##taproot-bip-review
88 2019-11-03T19:54:12  *** bproot has quit IRC
89 2019-11-03T20:17:00  *** xoyi- has quit IRC
90 2019-11-03T20:22:46  *** gmaxwell has joined ##taproot-bip-review
91 2019-11-03T20:28:48  *** xoyi- has joined ##taproot-bip-review
92 2019-11-03T20:37:23  *** xoyi- has quit IRC