1 2020-01-30T00:00:01  *** kpyke has quit IRC
  2 2020-01-30T00:03:26  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  3 2020-01-30T00:11:38  *** manantial has quit IRC
  4 2020-01-30T00:12:06  *** manantial has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  5 2020-01-30T00:17:07  *** frank001 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  6 2020-01-30T00:19:28  *** promag has quit IRC
  7 2020-01-30T00:21:03  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  8 2020-01-30T00:30:05  *** thelounge2467250 has quit IRC
  9 2020-01-30T00:30:39  *** thelounge2467250 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 10 2020-01-30T00:32:34  *** dr-orlovsky has quit IRC
 11 2020-01-30T00:35:44  *** promag has quit IRC
 12 2020-01-30T00:35:50  *** morcos has quit IRC
 13 2020-01-30T00:36:00  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 14 2020-01-30T00:36:11  *** morcos has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 15 2020-01-30T00:38:03  *** mryandao_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 16 2020-01-30T00:38:07  *** mryandao has quit IRC
 17 2020-01-30T00:40:53  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 18 2020-01-30T00:44:23  *** promag has quit IRC
 19 2020-01-30T00:45:33  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
 20 2020-01-30T00:46:55  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 21 2020-01-30T00:47:03  *** braydonf has quit IRC
 22 2020-01-30T00:49:53  *** braydonf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2020-01-30T00:51:14  *** promag has quit IRC
 24 2020-01-30T00:53:04  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
 25 2020-01-30T00:53:25  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 26 2020-01-30T00:53:57  *** belcher has quit IRC
 27 2020-01-30T00:55:23  *** lnostdal has quit IRC
 28 2020-01-30T00:55:44  *** lnostdal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 29 2020-01-30T01:04:02  *** manantial has quit IRC
 30 2020-01-30T01:05:41  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 31 2020-01-30T01:13:17  *** dr-orlovsky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 32 2020-01-30T01:14:49  *** hebasto has quit IRC
 33 2020-01-30T01:33:59  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 34 2020-01-30T03:00:01  *** frank001 has quit IRC
 35 2020-01-30T03:01:32  *** abrissbi1ne has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 36 2020-01-30T03:04:48  *** abrissbirne has quit IRC
 37 2020-01-30T03:15:15  *** netsoundW1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 38 2020-01-30T03:19:06  *** Dean_Guss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 39 2020-01-30T03:27:52  *** hebasto has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 40 2020-01-30T03:34:59  *** millerti has quit IRC
 41 2020-01-30T03:44:39  *** achow101 has quit IRC
 42 2020-01-30T03:47:58  *** felixfoertsch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 43 2020-01-30T03:48:13  *** achow101 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 44 2020-01-30T03:48:14  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 45 2020-01-30T03:48:15  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] andrewtoth opened pull request #18025: doc: Add missing supported rpcs to doc/descriptors.md (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18025
 46 2020-01-30T03:48:16  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 47 2020-01-30T03:48:59  *** felixfoertsch23 has quit IRC
 48 2020-01-30T04:22:28  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 49 2020-01-30T04:22:29  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] meshcollider pushed 14 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/638239de7502...2d6e76af2409
 50 2020-01-30T04:22:30  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f5be479 João Barbosa: wallet: Improve CWallet:MarkDestinationsDirty
 51 2020-01-30T04:22:30  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fadc08a Andrew Chow: Locking: Lock cs_KeyStore instead of cs_wallet in legacy keyman
 52 2020-01-30T04:22:31  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master eb81fc3 Andrew Chow: Refactor: Allow LegacyScriptPubKeyMan to be null
 53 2020-01-30T04:22:33  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 54 2020-01-30T04:23:08  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 55 2020-01-30T04:23:08  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] meshcollider merged pull request #17261: Make ScriptPubKeyMan an actual interface and the wallet to have multiple (master...wallet-box-pr-2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17261
 56 2020-01-30T04:23:10  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 57 2020-01-30T04:23:10  <meshcollider> achow101 ^
 58 2020-01-30T04:26:04  <achow101> \o/
 59 2020-01-30T04:26:06  <achow101> finally
 60 2020-01-30T04:48:26  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
 61 2020-01-30T04:50:00  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 62 2020-01-30T06:00:02  *** netsoundW1 has quit IRC
 63 2020-01-30T06:08:07  <aj> did travis not run for 17261 ? looks like it missed a unique_ptr<SigningProvider> in wallet/test/psbt_wallet_tests.cpp
 64 2020-01-30T06:08:40  <fanquake> Probably a merge issue.
 65 2020-01-30T06:09:58  <fanquake> Which is concerning given it got a tested ACK
 66 2020-01-30T06:10:13  <fanquake> Hard to test something that doesn't compile
 67 2020-01-30T06:10:15  <aj> ah, the PR introducin the test also only just got merged
 68 2020-01-30T06:10:37  <aj> so the PRs independently were okay, didn't conflict to cause a rebase, and the merge wasn't tested
 69 2020-01-30T06:10:58  <aj> or not
 70 2020-01-30T06:12:51  <aj> no psbt_wallet_tests was part of this pr
 71 2020-01-30T06:14:03  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 72 2020-01-30T06:14:03  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ajtowns opened pull request #18026: psbt_wallet_tests: use unique_ptr for GetSigningProvider (master...202001-getsigningprovider-fix) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18026
 73 2020-01-30T06:14:15  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 74 2020-01-30T06:14:42  <fanquake> I'm seeing the failure locally now as well. So I assume the merge script was run, but nothing was actually compiled and no tests were run before signing off.
 75 2020-01-30T06:15:26  *** manantial has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 76 2020-01-30T06:17:18  *** Mark_Cockrell has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 77 2020-01-30T06:18:11  <aj> it was #17156 that conflicted with 17261 by the looks
 78 2020-01-30T06:18:14  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17156 | psbt: check that various indexes and amounts are within bounds by achow101 · Pull Request #17156 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 79 2020-01-30T06:20:59  <fanquake> Yea looks like it. I'll test and merge the fixup in a few.
 80 2020-01-30T06:31:01  * fanquake aj are the functional tests broken as well? I see at least one failure in rpc_rawtransaction.py
 81 2020-01-30T06:31:11  <gwillen> huh, as a result of this I went down a rabbit hole and learned about the undocumented github pull/n/merge refs that Travis uses to test the "if it were merged right now" version of a PR
 82 2020-01-30T06:31:41  <gwillen> it's interesting to see that they show as passing, I guess because we do manual merges, so our merge was at a slightly different time than travis's merge
 83 2020-01-30T06:32:36  <fanquake> The merge script should always be on top of master. The travis test run would be been the changes on top of master when the PR was last modified, so ~ a week ago.
 84 2020-01-30T06:32:57  <aj> fanquake: didn't check, hang on
 85 2020-01-30T06:33:25  <fanquake> aj I'm seeing: https://gist.github.com/fanquake/e5cd365667afbfe9d022fe372fcd7d90
 86 2020-01-30T06:33:34  <fanquake> After merging 18026.
 87 2020-01-30T06:36:46  <aj> fanquake: rpc_rawtransaction seems to work fine for me (compiled with gcc)
 88 2020-01-30T06:37:25  <fanquake> aj is that with master + 18026 ?
 89 2020-01-30T06:37:35  <aj> just 18026, but it's directly on top of master
 90 2020-01-30T06:38:20  <aj> 1115ba693b6f6e216cd8417aa499fd018a7c016e to be exact
 91 2020-01-30T06:38:35  *** tecnecio_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 92 2020-01-30T06:40:06  *** manantial has quit IRC
 93 2020-01-30T06:40:40  <fanquake> aj hmm. Passed two times in a row now. So maybe just a random failure.
 94 2020-01-30T06:44:05  <meshcollider> Sorry, my fault completely. I didn't run the tests after the merge script, i merged it in manually when i tested, so it was not on an entirely up-to-date master
 95 2020-01-30T06:44:13  <meshcollider> thanks for catching and fixing aj
 96 2020-01-30T06:44:56  <fanquake> meshcollider going to have to buy him a pint hah
 97 2020-01-30T06:45:19  <meshcollider> in SF, sure ;)
 98 2020-01-30T06:51:30  <aj> fanquake: do you have the logs for the failure? i think it might have the partial txs it was trying to combine logged at DEBUG level
 99 2020-01-30T06:51:45  <fanquake> aj yea I've got em. 1 sec
100 2020-01-30T06:54:52  <fanquake> aj 12000 lines of consolidated log in https://gist.github.com/fanquake/48b9003af82f5ec5f1f44d1275eb21f0
101 2020-01-30T06:59:39  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
102 2020-01-30T07:04:28  *** goatpig has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
103 2020-01-30T07:07:03  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
104 2020-01-30T07:10:53  <aj> fanquake: i don't get it, the lines matching 'complete...False' should be the output of signrawtransaction, but they appear not to specify any vins just a weird vout, when they should be matching rawTx2 which unfortunately isn't printed in the log
105 2020-01-30T07:11:14  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
106 2020-01-30T07:15:24  <aj> oh, hmm, now one of them looks sensible to me
107 2020-01-30T07:16:55  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
108 2020-01-30T07:16:55  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] gwillen opened pull request #18027: "PSBT Operations" dialog (master...feature-psbt-ops-dialog) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18027
109 2020-01-30T07:17:05  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
110 2020-01-30T07:17:05  <fanquake> aj is there a specific node you need a tx from?
111 2020-01-30T07:17:27  <aj> fanquake: no, don't think so
112 2020-01-30T07:17:48  <gwillen> fanquake: is the PR tagging done by a robot under your name, or are you just extremely fast
113 2020-01-30T07:17:50  <aj> fanquake: seems like the first partially signed tx's hex isn't being decoded properly of all things?
114 2020-01-30T07:18:10  <gwillen> (labelling I mean)
115 2020-01-30T07:18:36  <fanquake> gwillen It's done by me. I'm normally around.
116 2020-01-30T07:19:49  <fanquake> aj ok. I have the datadirs so can spin the nodes back up.
117 2020-01-30T07:19:55  <aj> great
118 2020-01-30T07:22:24  *** thor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
119 2020-01-30T07:24:23  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
120 2020-01-30T07:24:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/2d6e76af2409...44c2400bccbc
121 2020-01-30T07:24:24  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1115ba6 Anthony Towns: psbt_wallet_tests: use unique_ptr for GetSigningProvider
122 2020-01-30T07:24:24  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 44c2400 fanquake: Merge #18026: psbt_wallet_tests: use unique_ptr for GetSigningProvider
123 2020-01-30T07:24:26  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
124 2020-01-30T07:24:43  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
125 2020-01-30T07:24:43  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #18026: psbt_wallet_tests: use unique_ptr for GetSigningProvider (master...202001-getsigningprovider-fix) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18026
126 2020-01-30T07:24:44  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
127 2020-01-30T07:25:07  <achow101> damn silent merge conflicts
128 2020-01-30T07:25:32  <achow101> too many wallet PRs conflict with each other. glad most of it's over now. just time to rebase everything
129 2020-01-30T07:26:03  <fanquake> the bot is doing the rounds
130 2020-01-30T07:28:04  <achow101> gwillen: fanquake's actually a robot :)
131 2020-01-30T07:30:14  <gwillen> thus, all is explained
132 2020-01-30T07:40:07  *** vasild_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2020-01-30T07:43:43  *** vasild has quit IRC
134 2020-01-30T07:51:14  *** vasild_ is now known as vasild
135 2020-01-30T08:07:14  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
136 2020-01-30T08:09:05  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
137 2020-01-30T08:09:49  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2020-01-30T08:10:04  *** cryptoIndio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
139 2020-01-30T08:11:02  <aj> wtf
140 2020-01-30T08:11:42  <aj> fanquake: this seems to be a bug in tx deserialisation ever since segwit has existed?
141 2020-01-30T08:12:30  <aj> oh no that's too strong, i can't compile the segwit PR. hmm
142 2020-01-30T08:14:39  *** promag has quit IRC
143 2020-01-30T08:33:29  *** real_or_random has quit IRC
144 2020-01-30T08:33:59  *** real_or_random has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
145 2020-01-30T09:00:01  *** Mark_Cockrell has quit IRC
146 2020-01-30T09:03:19  <aj> fanquake: #18028 should be the problem, completely unrelated if so
147 2020-01-30T09:03:20  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18028 | Some transactions cant be decoded from hex strings · Issue #18028 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
148 2020-01-30T09:04:19  <fanquake> aj: thanks for following up! Looks like a pretty rare failure then
149 2020-01-30T09:11:11  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
150 2020-01-30T09:13:24  *** chief19831 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
151 2020-01-30T09:28:02  *** jeremyrubin has quit IRC
152 2020-01-30T09:29:34  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
153 2020-01-30T09:38:12  *** Isthmus has quit IRC
154 2020-01-30T09:43:17  *** dr-orlovsky has quit IRC
155 2020-01-30T09:58:04  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
156 2020-01-30T10:02:46  *** SiAnDoG__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
157 2020-01-30T10:05:03  *** SiAnDoG_ has quit IRC
158 2020-01-30T10:10:24  *** dr-orlovsky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
159 2020-01-30T10:34:42  *** jonatack has quit IRC
160 2020-01-30T10:54:45  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
161 2020-01-30T11:04:55  *** DavidMitchell[m] has left #bitcoin-core-dev
162 2020-01-30T11:07:21  *** jcoe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
163 2020-01-30T11:14:12  *** electric-sheep[m has quit IRC
164 2020-01-30T11:14:12  *** transist0[m] has quit IRC
165 2020-01-30T11:14:13  *** castlenine[m] has quit IRC
166 2020-01-30T11:20:11  *** braydonf has quit IRC
167 2020-01-30T11:20:16  *** braydonf_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
168 2020-01-30T11:34:38  *** belcher has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
169 2020-01-30T11:40:47  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
170 2020-01-30T11:43:35  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
171 2020-01-30T11:57:33  *** promag has quit IRC
172 2020-01-30T12:00:01  *** chief19831 has quit IRC
173 2020-01-30T12:02:53  *** tecnecio_ has quit IRC
174 2020-01-30T12:03:26  *** tecnecio_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
175 2020-01-30T12:07:26  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
176 2020-01-30T12:14:56  *** larsivi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
177 2020-01-30T12:15:40  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
178 2020-01-30T12:18:31  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
179 2020-01-30T12:40:42  *** jonatack has quit IRC
180 2020-01-30T12:43:06  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
181 2020-01-30T12:47:00  *** ghost43_ has quit IRC
182 2020-01-30T12:47:24  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
183 2020-01-30T12:48:01  *** Deacyde has quit IRC
184 2020-01-30T13:04:03  *** PaulTroon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
185 2020-01-30T13:09:56  *** promag has quit IRC
186 2020-01-30T13:20:18  *** jcoe has quit IRC
187 2020-01-30T13:21:59  *** jcoe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
188 2020-01-30T13:24:36  *** pkr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
189 2020-01-30T13:25:24  <kallewoof> If people have time, energy, effort, will, and patience, please review the signet BIP? It feels like it's frozen in place! #16411
190 2020-01-30T13:25:27  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16411 | BIP-325: Signet support by kallewoof · Pull Request #16411 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
191 2020-01-30T13:26:31  *** molz_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
192 2020-01-30T13:37:46  *** pkr has quit IRC
193 2020-01-30T13:38:14  *** pkr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
194 2020-01-30T13:42:21  *** dr-orlovsky has quit IRC
195 2020-01-30T13:45:31  *** dr-orlovsky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
196 2020-01-30T13:48:42  *** pkr has quit IRC
197 2020-01-30T13:53:28  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
198 2020-01-30T13:53:29  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/44c2400bccbc...0130abbdb7f5
199 2020-01-30T13:53:29  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1b96a3c fanquake: tests: reset fIsBareMultisigStd after bare-multisig tests
200 2020-01-30T13:53:30  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0130abb MarcoFalke: Merge #18018: tests: reset fIsBareMultisigStd after bare-multisig tests
201 2020-01-30T13:53:32  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
202 2020-01-30T13:53:48  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
203 2020-01-30T13:53:48  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #18018: tests: reset fIsBareMultisigStd after bare-multisig tests (master...fix_p2sh_tests_failure) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18018
204 2020-01-30T13:53:49  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
205 2020-01-30T13:57:49  *** dr-orlovsky has quit IRC
206 2020-01-30T13:59:38  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
207 2020-01-30T13:59:39  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/0130abbdb7f5...7fcaa8291c6e
208 2020-01-30T13:59:39  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6ef0491 practicalswift: tests: Update FuzzedDataProvider.h from upstream (LLVM)
209 2020-01-30T13:59:40  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ccc3c76 practicalswift: tests: Add fuzzer strprintf to FUZZERS_MISSING_CORPORA (temporarily)
210 2020-01-30T13:59:41  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master cc668d0 practicalswift: tests: Add fuzzing harness for strprintf(...)
211 2020-01-30T13:59:42  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
212 2020-01-30T13:59:58  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
213 2020-01-30T13:59:58  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #18009: tests: Add fuzzing harness for strprintf(…) (master...fuzzers-strprintf) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18009
214 2020-01-30T13:59:59  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
215 2020-01-30T14:02:28  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
216 2020-01-30T14:32:19  *** davterra has quit IRC
217 2020-01-30T14:32:49  *** davterra has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
218 2020-01-30T14:32:55  *** emilengler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
219 2020-01-30T14:41:16  *** davterra has quit IRC
220 2020-01-30T14:41:58  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
221 2020-01-30T14:42:33  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
222 2020-01-30T14:42:33  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7fcaa8291c6e...3b69310beb17
223 2020-01-30T14:42:34  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master faf4081 MarcoFalke: test: Make msg_tx a witness tx
224 2020-01-30T14:42:34  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa6b57b MarcoFalke: test: Fix whitespace in p2p_permissions.py
225 2020-01-30T14:42:35  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master aaaae4d MarcoFalke: test: Add p2p test for forcerelay permission
226 2020-01-30T14:42:36  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
227 2020-01-30T14:42:52  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
228 2020-01-30T14:42:52  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #17984: test: Add p2p test for forcerelay permission (master...2001-qaTxForceRelay) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17984
229 2020-01-30T14:42:55  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
230 2020-01-30T14:46:59  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
231 2020-01-30T14:51:50  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
232 2020-01-30T14:55:42  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
233 2020-01-30T14:58:09  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
234 2020-01-30T15:00:01  *** larsivi has quit IRC
235 2020-01-30T15:00:27  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
236 2020-01-30T15:01:33  *** molly has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
237 2020-01-30T15:05:28  *** molz_ has quit IRC
238 2020-01-30T15:08:38  <wumpus> kallewoof: I'll take a look at it
239 2020-01-30T15:09:18  <kallewoof> wumpus: Appreciate it :) (And I meant PR, not BIP)
240 2020-01-30T15:16:03  *** gribble has quit IRC
241 2020-01-30T15:17:25  *** justMaD has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
242 2020-01-30T15:28:27  *** gribble has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
243 2020-01-30T15:33:25  *** kexkey has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
244 2020-01-30T15:35:20  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
245 2020-01-30T15:48:39  *** dr-orlovsky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
246 2020-01-30T15:49:15  *** jonatack has quit IRC
247 2020-01-30T15:55:16  *** goatpig has quit IRC
248 2020-01-30T16:01:25  *** dr-orlovsky has quit IRC
249 2020-01-30T16:06:26  *** thor_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
250 2020-01-30T16:06:29  *** Isthmus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
251 2020-01-30T16:06:38  *** thor has quit IRC
252 2020-01-30T16:07:12  *** thor_ has quit IRC
253 2020-01-30T16:11:54  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
254 2020-01-30T16:11:54  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift opened pull request #18029: tests: Add fuzzing harness for AS-mapping (asmap) (master...fuzzers-asmap) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18029
255 2020-01-30T16:11:55  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
256 2020-01-30T16:16:39  *** Talkless has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
257 2020-01-30T16:31:25  *** goatpig has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
258 2020-01-30T16:47:28  *** tsujp has quit IRC
259 2020-01-30T16:47:51  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
260 2020-01-30T16:51:50  *** tsujp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
261 2020-01-30T16:55:58  *** promag has quit IRC
262 2020-01-30T17:10:23  *** andrewtoth has quit IRC
263 2020-01-30T17:10:44  *** andrewtoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
264 2020-01-30T17:18:05  *** dr-orlovsky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
265 2020-01-30T17:19:39  <gwillen> so I got an email about my PR, saying that "bitcoin-core-ci" failed -- is this an experimental alternative to Travis and Appveyor? Is it known-broken? It appears to have failed due to reasons unrelated to the PR.
266 2020-01-30T17:20:08  *** morcos has quit IRC
267 2020-01-30T17:21:23  *** morcos has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
268 2020-01-30T17:22:07  <hebasto> gwillen: could be useful https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17803
269 2020-01-30T17:25:57  *** morcos_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
270 2020-01-30T17:28:02  <hebasto> begging devs, who is interested in GUI i18n, for reviewing of #16224
271 2020-01-30T17:28:05  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16224 | gui: Bilingual GUI error messages by hebasto · Pull Request #16224 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
272 2020-01-30T17:29:23  *** morcos has quit IRC
273 2020-01-30T17:29:24  *** morcos_ is now known as morcos
274 2020-01-30T17:37:50  *** dr-orlovsky has quit IRC
275 2020-01-30T17:42:23  *** mryandao_ has quit IRC
276 2020-01-30T17:43:30  *** mryandao has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
277 2020-01-30T17:50:21  *** dr-orlovsky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
278 2020-01-30T18:00:01  *** justMaD has quit IRC
279 2020-01-30T18:14:47  *** Amanda1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
280 2020-01-30T18:22:51  *** cryptoIndio has quit IRC
281 2020-01-30T18:24:36  *** jonatack has quit IRC
282 2020-01-30T18:25:06  *** Aaronvan_ is now known as AaronvanW
283 2020-01-30T18:31:41  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
284 2020-01-30T18:31:41  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Sjors opened pull request #18030: doc: Coin::IsSpent() can also mean never existed (master...2020/01/doc_is_spent) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18030
285 2020-01-30T18:31:43  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
286 2020-01-30T18:32:16  *** jeremyrubin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
287 2020-01-30T18:35:05  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
288 2020-01-30T18:40:41  *** jcoe has quit IRC
289 2020-01-30T18:44:08  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
290 2020-01-30T18:48:04  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
291 2020-01-30T18:48:04  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipsorcery opened pull request #18031: Remove GitHub Actions CI workflow. (master...remove-ghaction) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18031
292 2020-01-30T18:48:05  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
293 2020-01-30T18:49:00  <wumpus> we disabled actions so you shouldn't be getting mails from that
294 2020-01-30T18:49:14  <wumpus> not recently at least
295 2020-01-30T18:50:12  <sipa> i get those for every PR i open
296 2020-01-30T18:50:38  <sipa> the past days
297 2020-01-30T18:50:38  *** lightlike has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
298 2020-01-30T18:50:44  <gwillen> this was last night
299 2020-01-30T18:50:51  <gwillen> so they're definitely not disabled
300 2020-01-30T18:50:57  <wumpus> where is the mail coming from?
301 2020-01-30T18:52:00  <gwillen> From: notifications@github.com, [gwillen/bitcoin] Run failed: bitcoin-core-ci - feature-psbt-ops-dialog (b58e6f7)
302 2020-01-30T18:52:08  <gwillen> cc: ci_activity@noreply.github.com
303 2020-01-30T18:52:22  <gwillen> "Workflow: bitcoin-core-ci
304 2020-01-30T18:52:24  <emilengler> gwillen: This is in your fork, I believe you can disable this
305 2020-01-30T18:52:25  <sipa> yeah, same (but sipa/bitcoin)
306 2020-01-30T18:52:35  <gwillen> I mean, I never intentionally enabled it
307 2020-01-30T18:52:42  <wumpus> ohh maybe github actions is enabled for your clone
308 2020-01-30T18:52:50  <emilengler> gwillen: The featrue is new, it was enabled for everyone
309 2020-01-30T18:52:53  <gwillen> like, I cloned while it was enabled, and now it will stay enabled until I remove it?
310 2020-01-30T18:52:56  <emilengler> Well it's not that new anymore
311 2020-01-30T18:53:13  <sipsorcery> PR has been added to remove the GitHub Actions job see #17803.
312 2020-01-30T18:53:14  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17803 | ci: Migration from AppVeyor to GitHub Actions · Issue #17803 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
313 2020-01-30T18:53:19  <emilengler> gwillen: Go to Settings > Notifications > GitHub actions
314 2020-01-30T18:53:20  <sipa> ah, and having the github actions files in the bitcoin/bitcoin repo they end up in our repos too, where github automatically picks it up?
315 2020-01-30T18:53:42  <sipa> ok, disabled
316 2020-01-30T18:53:47  <wumpus> sipa: yes, exactly, sipsorcery's PR would remove it so it's no longer picked up
317 2020-01-30T18:54:06  <gwillen> oh, and it runs based on the existence of the ci.yml file in the branch being PR'ed?
318 2020-01-30T18:54:13  <gwillen> so once that file is gone in master this will stop happening
319 2020-01-30T18:55:00  <sipsorcery> yes
320 2020-01-30T18:55:23  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
321 2020-01-30T18:57:42  <gwillen> sipsorcery: how do I disable it?
322 2020-01-30T18:57:48  <gwillen> er sorry, sipa: ^
323 2020-01-30T18:58:25  <gwillen> I can see a list of "actions" on my fork, but I see no way to remove or disable one (while the file exists)
324 2020-01-30T18:58:56  <sipa> settings -> actions -> actions permissions -> "Disable actions for this repository"
325 2020-01-30T18:59:24  <sipa> it's actually under settings
326 2020-01-30T18:59:30  <sipa> not the top bar actions menu
327 2020-01-30T19:00:21  <gwillen> thanks
328 2020-01-30T19:00:35  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
329 2020-01-30T19:00:35  *** promag has quit IRC
330 2020-01-30T19:00:49  <wumpus> #startmeeting
331 2020-01-30T19:00:49  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Jan 30 19:00:49 2020 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
332 2020-01-30T19:00:49  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
333 2020-01-30T19:00:51  <provoostenator> hi
334 2020-01-30T19:00:52  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
335 2020-01-30T19:00:58  <sipa> hi
336 2020-01-30T19:01:01  <fjahr> hi
337 2020-01-30T19:01:02  <emilengler> hi
338 2020-01-30T19:01:04  <sipsorcery> hi
339 2020-01-30T19:01:04  <promag> hi
340 2020-01-30T19:01:06  <hebasto> hi
341 2020-01-30T19:01:06  <gwillen> hi
342 2020-01-30T19:01:08  <nehan_> hi
343 2020-01-30T19:01:12  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball kvaciral ariard digi_james amiti fjahr
344 2020-01-30T19:01:14  <wumpus> jeremyrubin lightlike emilengler jonatack hebasto jb55
345 2020-01-30T19:01:17  <jonasschnelli> hi
346 2020-01-30T19:01:42  <meshcollider> hi
347 2020-01-30T19:02:02  <jonatack> hi
348 2020-01-30T19:02:16  <wumpus> one pre-proposed topic in https://gist.github.com/moneyball/071d608fdae217c2a6d7c35955881d8a: topic idea collection for physical meeting (kanzure)
349 2020-01-30T19:02:44  <elichai2> Hi
350 2020-01-30T19:02:45  <wumpus> PSA: 0.19.1rc1 was released, please help testing and report any issues you find to the bug tracker
351 2020-01-30T19:04:00  <jeremyrubin> Hiya!
352 2020-01-30T19:04:03  <wumpus> also, the 0.20 feature freeze is in one and a half month (see #17432)
353 2020-01-30T19:04:04  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17432 | Release schedule for 0.20.0 · Issue #17432 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
354 2020-01-30T19:04:24  <wumpus> any last minute topic proposals?
355 2020-01-30T19:04:33  <jeremyrubin> #proposedmeetingtopic I'd love to chat about the mempool project and share trajectory
356 2020-01-30T19:04:44  <wumpus> thanks
357 2020-01-30T19:05:24  <wumpus> let's start with the usual then
358 2020-01-30T19:05:30  <wumpus> #topic High priority for review
359 2020-01-30T19:06:23  <achow101> #16528 pls
360 2020-01-30T19:06:27  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16528 | Native Descriptor Wallets using DescriptorScriptPubKeyMan by achow101 · Pull Request #16528 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
361 2020-01-30T19:06:36  <wumpus> we've managed to merge a few things this week! the first PR for the asmap-based clustering of peers went in, and step 3 of sipa's serialization improvements
362 2020-01-30T19:07:05  <wumpus> that leaves 7 blockers, 1 bugfix and 6 items chasing concept ACKs
363 2020-01-30T19:07:06  <jeremyrubin> #17925 I think is more or less RTM, and there's a lot of work waiting on it. Not sure it needs to go in high prio since things seem to be moving that way.
364 2020-01-30T19:07:06  <sipa> and the wallet boxes
365 2020-01-30T19:07:08  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17925 | Improve UpdateTransactionsFromBlock with Epochs by JeremyRubin · Pull Request #17925 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
366 2020-01-30T19:07:13  <wumpus> sipa: yes!
367 2020-01-30T19:07:43  <fanquake> hi
368 2020-01-30T19:08:54  <wumpus> added #16528 and #17925
369 2020-01-30T19:08:58  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16528 | Native Descriptor Wallets using DescriptorScriptPubKeyMan by achow101 · Pull Request #16528 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
370 2020-01-30T19:09:00  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17925 | Improve UpdateTransactionsFromBlock with Epochs by JeremyRubin · Pull Request #17925 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
371 2020-01-30T19:09:15  <jeremyrubin> thanks -- will share more details when it's my topics turn
372 2020-01-30T19:09:40  <jeremyrubin> #proposedmeetingtopic nanobench
373 2020-01-30T19:09:50  <wumpus> FWIW kallewoof has the idea review kind of ground to a halt on signet (#16411) and is looking for more reviewers
374 2020-01-30T19:09:54  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16411 | BIP-325: Signet support by kallewoof · Pull Request #16411 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
375 2020-01-30T19:11:15  <wumpus> #topic mempool project (jeremyrubin)
376 2020-01-30T19:11:22  <jeremyrubin> Howdy!
377 2020-01-30T19:11:43  <jeremyrubin> So I've been working on a bunch of improvements to the Mempool with a few other contributors
378 2020-01-30T19:11:59  <jeremyrubin> We have a project allocated here https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/14
379 2020-01-30T19:12:09  <jeremyrubin> to triage work on the MemPool
380 2020-01-30T19:12:26  <jnewbery> hi
381 2020-01-30T19:12:53  <jeremyrubin> The general goal is to get these changes reviewed and merged in a more orderly fashion
382 2020-01-30T19:13:27  <jeremyrubin> And prevent things from suffering the tradeoffs of small PRs and big PRs by more clearly presenting what the projects are
383 2020-01-30T19:13:31  <kanzure> hi.
384 2020-01-30T19:13:51  <wumpus> thanks for the explanation,  I found "mempool improvements" is a bit vague for a project name as it doesn't really aim at a specific goal
385 2020-01-30T19:13:57  <jeremyrubin> One of the first projects is to refactor almost every traversal algorithm in the mempool to use Epochs
386 2020-01-30T19:14:48  <jeremyrubin> This should be an enormous performance improvement, but the goal is not to improve performance nescessarily, but rather to permit larger descendants limits
387 2020-01-30T19:15:15  <wumpus> awesome!
388 2020-01-30T19:15:29  <jeremyrubin> Increasing the descendants limits (or making some new policys) is going to be neccessary to make Lightning-y stuff work better (and CTV)
389 2020-01-30T19:15:45  <jeremyrubin> Because currently there are issues with "pinning" caused by descendants limits
390 2020-01-30T19:16:12  <wumpus> you also might want to write this up somewhere else than IRC so it doesn't get lost :)
391 2020-01-30T19:16:26  <hebasto> what is an estimation of future descendants limits?
392 2020-01-30T19:16:29  <wumpus> maybe the project description
393 2020-01-30T19:16:32  <jeremyrubin> None at present
394 2020-01-30T19:16:38  <jeremyrubin> wumpus: will do
395 2020-01-30T19:16:46  <jeremyrubin> In conjunction with/after the epoch mempool improvements, it then becomes possible to make a lot of the mempool algorithms have no "short lived" allocations
396 2020-01-30T19:17:19  <fjahr> jeremyrubin: cool that you are coordinating this but is there an endgame to this or is the plan to keep this open indefinitely? Just curious...
397 2020-01-30T19:17:29  <jeremyrubin> We allocate a ton of memory in mempool traversal, these allocations can basically go to zero in a lot of places by having some preserved scratch space
398 2020-01-30T19:18:12  <jeremyrubin> fjahr: It's sort of indefinite, but I would like to get all the changes through to the point that we solve these higher order goals, but then maybe we won't need more stuff in the mempool
399 2020-01-30T19:18:21  <jeremyrubin> * major changes == stuff
400 2020-01-30T19:18:44  <jeremyrubin> Also as a part of this work we've lumped in amiti's rebroadcasting and sdaftuar's packagerelay work
401 2020-01-30T19:19:20  <jeremyrubin> Both of these should greatly help with making the mempool more rational, and better traversal algorithms help package relay be less DoS-able
402 2020-01-30T19:19:36  <wumpus> well, closing projects is a whole different issue, we still have "libconsensus" and "P2P refactor" open despite not having had work in progress for quite some time
403 2020-01-30T19:19:49  <jeremyrubin> There are also, looking forwards, some more changes inspecting the interface between mempool mining and validation
404 2020-01-30T19:20:27  <jeremyrubin> There's a general notion of figuring out a "streaming createnewblock" algorithm that always immediately returns the best block but does constant gradient descent to find better ones
405 2020-01-30T19:20:30  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
406 2020-01-30T19:20:30  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack closed pull request #17535: test: add block height test to listsinceblock.py  (master...rpc-wallet-blockheight-followups) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17535
407 2020-01-30T19:20:41  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
408 2020-01-30T19:21:03  <jeremyrubin> This in general can allow us to have more expensive to traverse mempool graphs (so we can not have restrictions that create pinning)
409 2020-01-30T19:21:22  <jeremyrubin> But when mining we can still quickly return "good" blocks
410 2020-01-30T19:21:58  <jeremyrubin> There are a few other projects being considered, such as Child*ren* pay for parent, Cousin-RBF (instead of Conflict-RBF), and some other optimizations
411 2020-01-30T19:22:27  <jeremyrubin> As a bedrock to some of this, we need to have much better instrumentation and testing of the mempool
412 2020-01-30T19:22:40  <jeremyrubin> There are a lot of edge cases currently not tested anywhere
413 2020-01-30T19:22:45  <jeremyrubin> We should test these!
414 2020-01-30T19:22:55  <jeremyrubin> We also don't have a good asymptotic framework for microbenches\
415 2020-01-30T19:23:03  <jeremyrubin> We should do that (see nanobench)
416 2020-01-30T19:23:20  <jeremyrubin> So to summarize a bit (and then maybe more questions):
417 2020-01-30T19:23:33  <jeremyrubin> 1) There's a lot of exciting work being shaped out & plotted for the mempool
418 2020-01-30T19:23:46  <jeremyrubin> 2) If you're excited about the design space/working on this, please let me know
419 2020-01-30T19:24:11  <jeremyrubin> 3) Key to making this happen is clear communication, but also keeping review motivated for sometimes small PRs as a part of a bigger picture
420 2020-01-30T19:25:06  <jeremyrubin> 4) keeping non-functional PRs (or other mempool work) limited in scope/in consultation with the project, to keep prioritization in focus & not cause a crapload of rebase hell as these projects will have potentially a lot of un-PR'd code
421 2020-01-30T19:25:50  <jeremyrubin> If you disagree with 4 it's fine, ultimately up to the contributors & maintainers, but I'm trying to chart a course that's going to keep these projects moving forward
422 2020-01-30T19:26:42  <jeremyrubin> We could maybe open a sub-channel for this stuff on IRC if people want Yet Another IRC Channel
423 2020-01-30T19:26:48  <jeremyrubin> Any questions?
424 2020-01-30T19:27:27  <jonasschnelli> as for testing, I think kallewoof has some recordings and a test framework (AFAIK)
425 2020-01-30T19:27:31  <wumpus> it's not like a lot of discussion is happening in this channel lately, IMO it's fine (and preferable) to do so here
426 2020-01-30T19:28:16  <wumpus> you can always decide to create another channel if it reall yends up monopolizing the channel (e.g. I guess that's why #bitcoin-builds is separate)
427 2020-01-30T19:28:33  <wumpus> it's up to you of course
428 2020-01-30T19:28:37  <fanquake> What do you mean by non-functional PRs in 4)? Is there a specific set of things that you’d like to have done for 0.20.0?
429 2020-01-30T19:29:13  <jeremyrubin> Things which should have no user observable change
430 2020-01-30T19:29:15  <MarcoFalke> I think for 0.20.0 we should focus on amiti's rebroadcast stuff
431 2020-01-30T19:29:24  <jeremyrubin> E.g., moveonly
432 2020-01-30T19:29:28  <jeremyrubin> renaming variables
433 2020-01-30T19:29:49  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: agree, it wold be really nice to get the mempool privacy in
434 2020-01-30T19:29:54  <amiti> :D
435 2020-01-30T19:30:13  <jeremyrubin> I agree modulo concerns raised by some about needing more understanding of it.
436 2020-01-30T19:30:18  <sipa> jeremyrubin: are there any PRs being merged that are just moveonly/variable rename stuff? that shouldn't be the case
437 2020-01-30T19:30:33  <jeremyrubin> sipa: there are
438 2020-01-30T19:30:47  <MarcoFalke> sipa: I removed a bunch of ::mempool
439 2020-01-30T19:30:54  <MarcoFalke> I think jeremyrubin is referring to that
440 2020-01-30T19:31:07  <jeremyrubin> there are other ones too that have a lot of acks and stuff not yet merged
441 2020-01-30T19:31:24  <jeremyrubin> I guess it would be nice to have sort of the expectation that stuff isn't getting merged for now
442 2020-01-30T19:31:29  <wumpus> please be more specific
443 2020-01-30T19:31:53  <jeremyrubin> sure, didn't want to pick on anyone's PR but will give an example
444 2020-01-30T19:32:04  <jeremyrubin> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17786
445 2020-01-30T19:32:19  <wumpus> FWIW I try to mostly focus on "high priority for review" as for what to merge lately, there's just too many PRs
446 2020-01-30T19:32:25  <jnewbery> I think removing ::mempool in order to clarify initialization order is a sensible project
447 2020-01-30T19:32:40  <jonasschnelli> 17786 has a single ack
448 2020-01-30T19:32:44  <wumpus> #17786
449 2020-01-30T19:32:46  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17786 | refactor: Nuke policy/fees->mempool circular dependencies by hebasto · Pull Request #17786 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
450 2020-01-30T19:33:01  <wumpus> also: feel free to comment these kind of things *in* the PRs
451 2020-01-30T19:33:23  <wumpus> if something has a lot of ACKs and no one is pseaking against it, it tends to get merged
452 2020-01-30T19:33:26  <jeremyrubin> jnewbery: I agree, but the point is that if we're maintaining a few different complex projects on mempool stuff, and we're trying to slice it into many PRs to make review easier, it just becomes a headache
453 2020-01-30T19:33:33  <MarcoFalke> Yeah, maybe we could postpone 17786 for until after the functional/user-facing mempool changes got in?
454 2020-01-30T19:33:40  <sipa> yeah, if there are obvious things that interfere, it's best to discuss in the PR itself; maybe one of the authors has no problem rebasing on top of the other for example
455 2020-01-30T19:33:47  <sipa> or discuss what can wait
456 2020-01-30T19:33:58  <wumpus> yes, what sipa says
457 2020-01-30T19:34:02  <sipa> but it's hard to discuss a blanket "please don't do things that interfere with my work"
458 2020-01-30T19:34:17  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
459 2020-01-30T19:34:27  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
460 2020-01-30T19:34:47  <MarcoFalke> I think we can have a rough sketch in what order things should be merged. It can always be amended as needed
461 2020-01-30T19:34:48  <wumpus> right
462 2020-01-30T19:35:01  <jeremyrubin> Yeah it's fine, this is part of the goal of the mempool project
463 2020-01-30T19:35:06  <sipa> ok
464 2020-01-30T19:35:07  <provoostenator> It's useful to make Draft PR's so that Drahtbot can warn others about overlap.
465 2020-01-30T19:35:08  <jeremyrubin> to triage the priority of these things
466 2020-01-30T19:35:53  <wumpus> yes, makes sense
467 2020-01-30T19:36:10  <wumpus> but please:  comment these things on github on the issue too, otherwise it'll likely be forgotten at some point
468 2020-01-30T19:36:22  <jeremyrubin> fanquake: I'd like to get Amiti's stuff improved. I'd really like to get package relay shipped. And I think it's possible to do enough work on the Epoch Mempool to bump the descendants limit by 2x.
469 2020-01-30T19:36:26  <MarcoFalke> agree with wumpus
470 2020-01-30T19:37:34  <jeremyrubin> amiti and I are discussing how to chop up her work to get the PR complexity down, I think the worry is that the earlier PRs don't do anything "useful", except to make the later work easier (things like new testing harnesses)
471 2020-01-30T19:37:36  <fanquake> jeremyrubin: ok. Re the non-PR’d/WIP changes, are they linked to from the project as well?
472 2020-01-30T19:37:47  <jeremyrubin> fanquake: yes, in general
473 2020-01-30T19:37:49  <jeremyrubin> If there's code
474 2020-01-30T19:37:56  <jeremyrubin> Things that are still design stage not really
475 2020-01-30T19:38:26  <fanquake> Given the amount of basic fuzzing harnesses we’re adding at the moment, I don’t think a mempool test harness would be rejected
476 2020-01-30T19:39:06  <wumpus> more fuzzing harnesses is good
477 2020-01-30T19:39:09  <jeremyrubin> I think it's possible it would be bikeshedded though, which I'd want to avoid
478 2020-01-30T19:39:12  <MarcoFalke> left a comment here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17786#issuecomment-580419545
479 2020-01-30T19:39:29  <fanquake> wumpus yes
480 2020-01-30T19:40:18  <MarcoFalke> jeremyrubin: if you refer to style feedback with "bikeshedding", keep in mind that a valid response to style feedback is a simple "no, I like the current style because I don't see the benefit of switching to something else"
481 2020-01-30T19:40:25  <wumpus> which reminds me, we need to merge the examples in the -qa repository
482 2020-01-30T19:40:33  <MarcoFalke> wumpus: Already did
483 2020-01-30T19:40:34  <fanquake> I think that has been done
484 2020-01-30T19:40:39  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: thanks
485 2020-01-30T19:40:43  <jeremyrubin> MarcoFalke: in this case more of a "we could also Mock out XXXX in this harness too!"
486 2020-01-30T19:40:59  <jeremyrubin> Whereas for the testing harness we need to just introduce YYYY
487 2020-01-30T19:41:10  <MarcoFalke> In general I am not a fan of mocking all the stuff
488 2020-01-30T19:41:26  <MarcoFalke> If it can be tested reasonably without mocking, it should be done without
489 2020-01-30T19:42:04  <jeremyrubin> MarcoFalke: fair, which is sort of what I'm pointing to?
490 2020-01-30T19:42:18  <MarcoFalke> I guees, yes
491 2020-01-30T19:42:20  <jeremyrubin> I.e., do we need to mock this? What if we do x y z instead?
492 2020-01-30T19:42:41  <jeremyrubin> But amiti has already done a lot of hard work in making a mock framework and writing tests against that framework
493 2020-01-30T19:42:42  <sipa> this is a very abstract discussion
494 2020-01-30T19:42:58  <jeremyrubin> oops I went concrete
495 2020-01-30T19:43:00  <amiti> yeah... it seems like we're discussing my proposal to mock the scheduler, which marco and jeremy are both aware of... I think this convo makes more sense for when I open an actual PR
496 2020-01-30T19:43:03  *** vasild has quit IRC
497 2020-01-30T19:43:08  <jeremyrubin> sgtm
498 2020-01-30T19:43:21  <wumpus> we still have two topocs to go and about 15 minutes
499 2020-01-30T19:43:23  <sipa> and the question of mocking vs testing things otherwise seems very much a case by case discussion
500 2020-01-30T19:43:29  <jeremyrubin> yeah
501 2020-01-30T19:43:38  <MarcoFalke> Yes, it is case-by-case
502 2020-01-30T19:43:43  <MarcoFalke> ok, other topics?
503 2020-01-30T19:43:48  <jeremyrubin> we can move on unless there's a new question unanswered, I'll also be online after meeting
504 2020-01-30T19:44:30  <wumpus> #topic propose physical meeting topics (kanzure)
505 2020-01-30T19:44:34  <kanzure> just the topic collection topic.
506 2020-01-30T19:44:50  <jeremyrubin> So not actual topics?
507 2020-01-30T19:44:55  <kanzure> right, so, i'd like suggestions so i can write a document giving an overview of what people would like to hear
508 2020-01-30T19:45:00  <kanzure> for the physical IRL meeting
509 2020-01-30T19:45:04  *** vasild has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
510 2020-01-30T19:45:11  <kanzure> these are just suggestions and not actually a schedule or anything draconian like that.
511 2020-01-30T19:45:19  <jeremyrubin> Where should we send them? Is there a google form or just email you?
512 2020-01-30T19:45:29  <provoostenator> I think jnewbery has been collecting topics too.
513 2020-01-30T19:45:31  <kanzure> just send em to me.
514 2020-01-30T19:45:43  <jeremyrubin> kanzure: I wouldn't *mind* a schedule ;)
515 2020-01-30T19:45:46  <kanzure> right or him
516 2020-01-30T19:45:52  <fanquake> kanzure will this be public somewhere before the meetup?
517 2020-01-30T19:46:04  <kanzure> well in the past they have been semi-public (link circulated) but not actually public
518 2020-01-30T19:46:12  <kanzure> i think that's up to the group really. do you prefer public or private topic suggestions?
519 2020-01-30T19:46:17  <fanquake> Sure, semi-public
520 2020-01-30T19:46:30  <jeremyrubin> public; I can't remember which ones I already submitted
521 2020-01-30T19:46:54  <jnewbery> yeah, I've also sent out a survey to some people. Thanks to everyone who responded (which is most!)
522 2020-01-30T19:47:02  <kanzure> anyway, for topics, it's not just what you have been working on, but also things that you think the group would benefit from hearing from someone else
523 2020-01-30T19:47:24  <provoostenator> jeremyrubin: downside of doing open source work where everything is logged is that you tend to develop a write-only memory :-)
524 2020-01-30T19:48:15  <wumpus> hehe
525 2020-01-30T19:48:24  * jeremyrubin searches for my memex
526 2020-01-30T19:49:20  <kanzure> that's all i have.
527 2020-01-30T19:49:52  <wumpus> #topic nanobench (jeremyrubin)
528 2020-01-30T19:50:04  <jeremyrubin> So I'm not the maintainer of nanobench
529 2020-01-30T19:50:07  <jeremyrubin> but I really like it
530 2020-01-30T19:50:18  <jeremyrubin> I think if we can do a cursory check it's not actually malware
531 2020-01-30T19:50:29  <jeremyrubin> we should just merge it
532 2020-01-30T19:50:34  <wumpus> general question: why do people want to switch to another benchmarking framework?
533 2020-01-30T19:50:39  <wumpus> what's wrong with the current one?
534 2020-01-30T19:50:51  <jeremyrubin> a few things:
535 2020-01-30T19:50:51  <wumpus> a while ago there was a PR to switch it to boost::test, now yet another dependency
536 2020-01-30T19:50:57  <jeremyrubin> 1) It's slow
537 2020-01-30T19:51:03  <wumpus> is there anything they do that we cannot do?
538 2020-01-30T19:51:08  <MarcoFalke> Yeah, I think we need to take a closer look to see where they differ and what they improve. To make sure there are no regressions
539 2020-01-30T19:51:09  <jeremyrubin> 2) there's no support for testing asymptotics
540 2020-01-30T19:51:10  <wumpus> what makes it so slow? it's very simple
541 2020-01-30T19:51:22  <MarcoFalke> For example, a lot of tools rely on the output format of the current bench framework
542 2020-01-30T19:51:27  <wumpus> it should hardly have any overhead
543 2020-01-30T19:51:33  <jeremyrubin> I think it runs too many trials
544 2020-01-30T19:51:42  <wumpus> then reduce that?
545 2020-01-30T19:51:43  <jonasschnelli> which could be changed,... right?
546 2020-01-30T19:51:44  <jeremyrubin> I beleive nanobench autodetects variance or something
547 2020-01-30T19:52:30  <jeremyrubin> martinus also claims it's more accurate -- less variance than with old benching framework
548 2020-01-30T19:52:49  <wumpus> so does it use a different clock?
549 2020-01-30T19:52:51  <jeremyrubin> It also measures more things
550 2020-01-30T19:52:53  <wumpus> how can accuracy differ?
551 2020-01-30T19:53:26  <wumpus> or does it do CPU/OS-specific cache flushing?
552 2020-01-30T19:53:28  <sipa> i think the current code we have is kinda crap; it started off being kinda general and automatically measuring things, and when it was shown that it introduces inaccuracies, it was changed to needing iterations counts in the code itself
553 2020-01-30T19:54:11  <sipa> wumpus: i think it's mostly due to some tests running far longer than necessary, resulting in getting OS interrupts etc inside of them
554 2020-01-30T19:54:12  <jeremyrubin> w.r.t. output and tooling, nanobench also outputs new information (e.g., instructions, cycles, branches, ips, branch misses)
555 2020-01-30T19:54:31  <jeremyrubin> so we'd fundamentally need some new tools.
556 2020-01-30T19:54:31  <jnewbery> is there anything that needs discussing here that isn't covered in the PR? I think the only action is to review that if you're interested, no? (#18011)
557 2020-01-30T19:54:33  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18011 | Replace current benchmarking framework with nanobench by martinus · Pull Request #18011 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
558 2020-01-30T19:54:36  <wumpus> we used to measure cycles, this was removed at some point
559 2020-01-30T19:54:53  <sipa> yeah let's discuss in the PR
560 2020-01-30T19:55:30  <jeremyrubin> Sounds good -- my point in making it a topic was that it's relatively low risk to adopt as nothing really relies heavily on the benching
561 2020-01-30T19:55:36  <wumpus> sounds good to me, I was just curious why everyone wants to replace the benchmark framework (with different things)
562 2020-01-30T19:55:39  <jeremyrubin> and being able to write asymptotic benches is going to be a big help
563 2020-01-30T19:55:44  <wumpus> but if the current one is crap that's clear :)
564 2020-01-30T19:55:46  <jeremyrubin> Because we need that for the mempool work
565 2020-01-30T19:56:04  <jeremyrubin> And I tried to introduce it in a since-closed PR, but it seemed we needed a more thought out approach
566 2020-01-30T19:56:09  <jeremyrubin> and nanobench has that
567 2020-01-30T19:56:18  <jeremyrubin> fin
568 2020-01-30T19:57:07  <wumpus> #endmeeting
569 2020-01-30T19:57:07  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Jan 30 19:57:07 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
570 2020-01-30T19:57:07  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-01-30-19.00.html
571 2020-01-30T19:57:07  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-01-30-19.00.txt
572 2020-01-30T19:57:07  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-01-30-19.00.log.html
573 2020-01-30T19:57:26  <kanzure> send me a message if you want a link to the topic collection file i am preparing.
574 2020-01-30T19:58:03  <wumpus> at least nanobench is only one cpp+header file (right?), that's nice
575 2020-01-30T19:58:08  <sipa> yeah
576 2020-01-30T19:58:09  <jeremyrubin> yeah
577 2020-01-30T19:58:22  <jeremyrubin> I also like that we have an active maintainer for it
578 2020-01-30T19:58:28  <jeremyrubin> e.g., it's written by martinus
579 2020-01-30T19:58:33  <wumpus> would dread to depend on the google monstrosity
580 2020-01-30T19:58:43  *** mryandao has quit IRC
581 2020-01-30T19:58:57  <wumpus> yes!
582 2020-01-30T19:58:57  <sipa> wumpus: our current bench framework was based on google's :)
583 2020-01-30T19:59:47  <jeremyrubin> One interesting thing is if it's hard to backport nanobench
584 2020-01-30T19:59:50  *** mryandao has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
585 2020-01-30T19:59:55  <jeremyrubin> Then collect nanobenches from prior releases
586 2020-01-30T20:00:08  <wumpus> sipa: true, but I meant subtreeing it
587 2020-01-30T20:00:09  <jeremyrubin> But that sounds annoying
588 2020-01-30T20:00:39  <jeremyrubin> wumpus: I suggested that martinus make it a subtree; which it sounds like he could use a bit of guidance on how best to do that
589 2020-01-30T20:00:48  <wumpus> jeremyrubin: backporting tests and benchmarks is ok with me if you want to, it's outside the things we normally backport (bugfixes) but also has zero risk for users
590 2020-01-30T20:01:05  <jonasschnelli> I guess there is no need to backport it for a release
591 2020-01-30T20:01:19  <jonasschnelli> A local backport should be enough to collect and compare
592 2020-01-30T20:01:32  <jeremyrubin> jonasschnelli: yeah that's what I meant
593 2020-01-30T20:01:38  <wumpus> the thing with subtrees is that we end up with all kinds of unnecessary stuff in our tree
594 2020-01-30T20:01:58  <wumpus> esp. if it is only a cpp/h pair, we don't subtree tinyformat for a similar reason
595 2020-01-30T20:02:05  <jeremyrubin> Maybe martinus can make a new git repo which is just the header
596 2020-01-30T20:02:21  <jonasschnelli> just copy it in?
597 2020-01-30T20:02:25  <jeremyrubin> and then make the nanobench repo with build stuff have a subtree of that
598 2020-01-30T20:02:32  <wumpus> jonasschnelli: this is what he did right now and that's ok imo
599 2020-01-30T20:02:32  <jeremyrubin> and then subtree the repo that's just the header
600 2020-01-30T20:02:53  <jeremyrubin> wumpus: yeah if you're good with copy'd in then let's go that way.
601 2020-01-30T20:03:05  <jeremyrubin> I think we just want to avoid diverging from upstream
602 2020-01-30T20:03:27  <jonasschnelli> a subtree needs also maintenance and pulling
603 2020-01-30T20:04:04  <sipa> unrelatedly, should we work on moving all subtrees to a single location? (e.g. src/subtrees/...) ?
604 2020-01-30T20:04:16  <jeremyrubin> diverge meaning adding special cased stuff into nanobench rather than having a general feature that gets upstreamed/reviewed by other nanobench users
605 2020-01-30T20:04:38  <wumpus> sipa: I don't know
606 2020-01-30T20:04:39  <fanquake> I think we’ve got an issue open for the sun tree consolidation
607 2020-01-30T20:04:43  <fanquake> *subtree
608 2020-01-30T20:04:58  <wumpus> yes, looking for it
609 2020-01-30T20:05:12  <jeremyrubin> wumpus: maybe just tell martinus that copied in is fine for now, and we can consider subtreeing later?
610 2020-01-30T20:05:12  <wumpus> #17413
611 2020-01-30T20:05:14  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17413 | Subtree exclude mess in linters and update scripts · Issue #17413 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
612 2020-01-30T20:05:33  <wumpus> jeremyrubin: sounds good to me
613 2020-01-30T20:05:54  <wumpus> sipa: it would definitely make some things easier, but it'd also be quite a bit of disruption
614 2020-01-30T20:06:21  <jeremyrubin> I'll leave a comment on the PR.
615 2020-01-30T20:08:32  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
616 2020-01-30T20:09:37  *** Talkless has quit IRC
617 2020-01-30T20:11:39  *** promag has quit IRC
618 2020-01-30T20:15:05  *** hanhua has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
619 2020-01-30T20:15:55  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
620 2020-01-30T20:18:25  *** promag has quit IRC
621 2020-01-30T20:22:28  *** emilengler has quit IRC
622 2020-01-30T20:30:55  <wumpus> anyone oppposed to cleaning up the projects list a bit and closing "P2P refactor" and "libconsensus"? the former is finished, AFAIK, the latter has not had any active work for more than a year
623 2020-01-30T20:31:02  <wumpus> they can always be reopened if needed
624 2020-01-30T20:33:18  <sipa> sure
625 2020-01-30T20:33:22  <sipa> i mean, not opposed
626 2020-01-30T20:37:44  *** lightningbot has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
627 2020-01-30T20:41:14  <sdaftuar> sipa: any further thoughts on #17951?  would like to know if that is ready for merge, i have a wtxid-based-inv proposal ready to follow that up
628 2020-01-30T20:41:16  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17951 | Use rolling bloom filter of recent block txs for AlreadyHave() check by sdaftuar · Pull Request #17951 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
629 2020-01-30T20:41:31  <sipa> sdaftuar: yeah, let's improve the wiping later
630 2020-01-30T20:41:52  <sipa> will will review after lunch
631 2020-01-30T20:41:56  <sdaftuar> thanks!
632 2020-01-30T20:48:57  *** pncl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
633 2020-01-30T21:00:02  *** Amanda1 has quit IRC
634 2020-01-30T21:02:48  *** lightlike has quit IRC
635 2020-01-30T21:17:12  *** Dean_Guss has quit IRC
636 2020-01-30T21:17:27  *** goatpig has quit IRC
637 2020-01-30T21:17:29  *** Dean_Guss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
638 2020-01-30T21:24:27  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
639 2020-01-30T21:24:43  *** vasild has quit IRC
640 2020-01-30T21:25:02  *** vasild has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
641 2020-01-30T21:26:27  *** pncl has quit IRC
642 2020-01-30T21:29:13  *** promag has quit IRC
643 2020-01-30T21:29:49  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
644 2020-01-30T21:29:58  *** promag has quit IRC
645 2020-01-30T21:33:27  <jeremyrubin> sdaftuar: worth noting that your parameter selection puts you above the max filter size I think
646 2020-01-30T21:41:24  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
647 2020-01-30T21:42:24  *** ajbiz11 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
648 2020-01-30T21:56:23  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
649 2020-01-30T21:56:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 opened pull request #18032: Output a descriptor in createmultisig and addmultisigaddress (master...createms-descriptor) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18032
650 2020-01-30T21:56:35  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
651 2020-01-30T22:03:01  *** pncl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
652 2020-01-30T22:05:18  <elichai2> Saw the thing MarcoFalke said about tools relying on the output of the benchmark utility, should I drop the commit that tries to make it more readable then? https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18014
653 2020-01-30T22:11:41  <jeremyrubin> probably? also it's likely that we'll soon replace bench, so might be wasted effort anyways? is the outup still intelligible?
654 2020-01-30T22:13:33  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
655 2020-01-30T22:14:03  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
656 2020-01-30T22:14:04  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/3b69310beb17...1d1f8bbf5711
657 2020-01-30T22:14:04  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b951b09 Larry Ruane: on startup, write config options to debug.log
658 2020-01-30T22:14:05  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1d1f8bb MarcoFalke: Merge #16115: On bitcoind startup, write config args to debug.log
659 2020-01-30T22:14:06  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
660 2020-01-30T22:15:17  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
661 2020-01-30T22:15:18  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #16115: On bitcoind startup, write config args to debug.log (master...args-to-debug-log) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16115
662 2020-01-30T22:15:19  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
663 2020-01-30T22:28:36  *** kexkey has quit IRC
664 2020-01-30T22:28:51  <elichai2> jeremyrubin: only changed spacings so the columns will be readable for humans
665 2020-01-30T22:32:48  <fanquake> wumpus I agree
666 2020-01-30T22:34:52  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
667 2020-01-30T22:34:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 closed pull request #16528: Native Descriptor Wallets using DescriptorScriptPubKeyMan (master...wallet-of-the-glorious-future) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16528
668 2020-01-30T22:34:54  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
669 2020-01-30T22:35:13  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
670 2020-01-30T22:35:13  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 reopened pull request #16528: Native Descriptor Wallets using DescriptorScriptPubKeyMan (master...wallet-of-the-glorious-future) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16528
671 2020-01-30T22:35:14  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
672 2020-01-30T22:42:15  *** hanhua has quit IRC
673 2020-01-30T22:45:13  *** promag has quit IRC
674 2020-01-30T22:45:22  *** tecnecio_ has quit IRC
675 2020-01-30T22:47:44  <fanquake> review beg #18003
676 2020-01-30T22:47:45  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18003 | build: remove --large-address-aware linker flag by fanquake · Pull Request #18003 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
677 2020-01-30T22:56:16  <jeremyrubin> sipa: I fixed my comments!
678 2020-01-30T23:01:22  *** pncl has quit IRC
679 2020-01-30T23:01:43  *** pncl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
680 2020-01-30T23:07:33  *** Skirmant has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
681 2020-01-30T23:16:44  *** Skirmant has quit IRC
682 2020-01-30T23:38:52  *** pncl has quit IRC
683 2020-01-30T23:41:36  *** jb55 has quit IRC
684 2020-01-30T23:41:36  *** Dean_Guss has quit IRC
685 2020-01-30T23:41:59  *** Dean_Guss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
686 2020-01-30T23:42:04  *** jb55 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
687 2020-01-30T23:43:57  *** pncl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
688 2020-01-30T23:52:02  <jeremyrubin> Can anyone clarify/point to documentation on when cleanstack gets applied?
689 2020-01-30T23:52:11  <jeremyrubin> I couldn't find anything fleshed out
690 2020-01-30T23:52:18  <jeremyrubin> (other than,,, the code
691 2020-01-30T23:53:38  *** inoor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
692 2020-01-30T23:53:58  <sipa> jeremyrubin: bip62 rule 6 is implemented as a standardness rule
693 2020-01-30T23:54:16  <sipa> it's also required (as a consensus rule) in p2wsh
694 2020-01-30T23:55:20  <jeremyrubin> Interesting.
695 2020-01-30T23:55:36  <jeremyrubin> There's a kind of nice script I'm looking at for CTV which is
696 2020-01-30T23:56:02  <jeremyrubin> <t1> ... <tn> <N> OP_ROLL OP_ROLL OP_CTV
697 2020-01-30T23:56:17  <jeremyrubin> So I would need to follow it by a bunch of op_drops then?
698 2020-01-30T23:56:17  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
699 2020-01-30T23:57:01  <sipa> seems silly to use that post taproot
700 2020-01-30T23:57:28  <jeremyrubin> someone asked :)
701 2020-01-30T23:59:29  <jeremyrubin> Which is fine, no cleanstack works in v2  bare script transactions right?