1 2020-02-20T00:00:02  *** rlaager1 has quit IRC
  2 2020-02-20T00:03:35  *** marcoagner has quit IRC
  3 2020-02-20T00:07:21  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  4 2020-02-20T00:17:46  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  5 2020-02-20T00:17:46  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #18183: test: Set catch_system_errors=no on boost unit tests (master...2002-testNoCatchSystemErrors) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18183
  6 2020-02-20T00:17:47  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
  7 2020-02-20T00:33:21  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
  8 2020-02-20T00:35:49  *** tys0n_ has quit IRC
  9 2020-02-20T00:48:28  *** Arthimus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 10 2020-02-20T00:55:23  *** vasild has quit IRC
 11 2020-02-20T00:58:27  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 12 2020-02-20T01:02:23  *** vasild has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 13 2020-02-20T01:09:13  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 14 2020-02-20T01:32:32  *** mol has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 15 2020-02-20T01:49:31  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 16 2020-02-20T02:01:28  *** promag has quit IRC
 17 2020-02-20T02:07:44  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 18 2020-02-20T02:15:19  *** promag has quit IRC
 19 2020-02-20T02:18:03  *** Dean_Guss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 20 2020-02-20T02:29:00  *** jarthur has quit IRC
 21 2020-02-20T02:32:28  *** DeanWeen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 22 2020-02-20T02:33:50  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
 23 2020-02-20T02:35:24  *** DeanGuss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 24 2020-02-20T02:36:03  *** Dean_Guss has quit IRC
 25 2020-02-20T02:38:23  *** DeanWeen has quit IRC
 26 2020-02-20T03:00:01  *** Arthimus has quit IRC
 27 2020-02-20T03:02:11  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
 28 2020-02-20T03:15:37  *** adiosk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 29 2020-02-20T03:15:42  *** adiosk has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 30 2020-02-20T03:16:06  *** Criephoakl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 31 2020-02-20T03:16:10  *** Criephoakl has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 32 2020-02-20T03:17:12  *** esmee has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 33 2020-02-20T03:17:16  *** esmee has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 34 2020-02-20T03:18:03  *** Kenidiemoe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 35 2020-02-20T03:18:07  *** Kenidiemoe has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 36 2020-02-20T03:18:09  *** RhodiumToad1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 37 2020-02-20T03:23:07  *** Yoasl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 38 2020-02-20T03:23:11  *** Yoasl has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 39 2020-02-20T03:24:59  *** plah has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 40 2020-02-20T03:25:03  *** plah has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 41 2020-02-20T03:29:14  *** quiso has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 42 2020-02-20T03:29:18  *** quiso has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 43 2020-02-20T03:30:47  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 44 2020-02-20T03:46:45  *** felixfoertsch23 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 45 2020-02-20T03:49:14  *** felixfoertsch has quit IRC
 46 2020-02-20T04:11:03  *** DeanGuss has quit IRC
 47 2020-02-20T04:14:58  *** Processus42 has quit IRC
 48 2020-02-20T04:16:52  *** kakobrekla has quit IRC
 49 2020-02-20T04:17:03  *** molly has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 50 2020-02-20T04:18:20  *** Processus42 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 51 2020-02-20T04:20:08  *** kakobrekla has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 52 2020-02-20T04:20:24  *** mol has quit IRC
 53 2020-02-20T04:25:47  *** Eagle[TM] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 54 2020-02-20T04:25:56  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 55 2020-02-20T04:26:26  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
 56 2020-02-20T04:27:26  *** kakobrekla has quit IRC
 57 2020-02-20T04:28:15  *** Processus42 has quit IRC
 58 2020-02-20T04:29:55  *** Processus42 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 59 2020-02-20T04:30:06  *** promag has quit IRC
 60 2020-02-20T04:30:09  *** kakobrekla has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 61 2020-02-20T04:33:14  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 62 2020-02-20T04:39:51  *** r8921039 has quit IRC
 63 2020-02-20T04:48:36  *** r8921039 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 64 2020-02-20T04:48:45  *** r8921039 has quit IRC
 65 2020-02-20T04:59:59  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
 66 2020-02-20T05:15:33  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 67 2020-02-20T05:28:45  *** ppisati_ has quit IRC
 68 2020-02-20T05:35:27  *** ppisati has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 69 2020-02-20T05:47:25  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
 70 2020-02-20T05:55:31  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 71 2020-02-20T06:00:02  *** RhodiumToad1 has quit IRC
 72 2020-02-20T06:17:25  *** rawtaz1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 73 2020-02-20T06:24:36  *** root has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 74 2020-02-20T06:24:47  *** root is now known as Guest46639
 75 2020-02-20T06:25:23  *** manantial has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 76 2020-02-20T06:33:18  *** kristapsk has quit IRC
 77 2020-02-20T06:33:30  *** kristapsk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 78 2020-02-20T07:03:06  *** Kiminuo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 79 2020-02-20T07:29:07  *** hadjiszs has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 80 2020-02-20T07:30:03  *** andrewtoth has quit IRC
 81 2020-02-20T07:30:29  *** andrewtoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 82 2020-02-20T07:31:17  <hadjiszs> hello everyone, I was wondering whether that one https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13947 means implicitly Dandelion++ rather than Dandelion
 83 2020-02-20T07:31:24  <hadjiszs> MarcoFalke: cc ^
 84 2020-02-20T07:37:33  *** mol has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 85 2020-02-20T07:39:03  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 86 2020-02-20T07:39:03  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto closed pull request #18077: net: Add NAT-PMP port forwarding support (master...20200130-natpmp) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18077
 87 2020-02-20T07:39:04  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 88 2020-02-20T07:39:18  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 89 2020-02-20T07:39:18  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto reopened pull request #18077: net: Add NAT-PMP port forwarding support (master...20200130-natpmp) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18077
 90 2020-02-20T07:39:19  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 91 2020-02-20T07:39:26  *** molly has quit IRC
 92 2020-02-20T07:40:26  *** vasild_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 93 2020-02-20T07:44:03  *** vasild has quit IRC
 94 2020-02-20T08:06:11  *** Eagle[TM] has quit IRC
 95 2020-02-20T08:10:11  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 96 2020-02-20T08:20:25  *** Kiminuo has quit IRC
 97 2020-02-20T08:23:26  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 98 2020-02-20T08:34:41  *** nirved has quit IRC
 99 2020-02-20T08:46:11  *** nirved has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
100 2020-02-20T08:55:45  *** marcoagner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
101 2020-02-20T09:00:01  *** rawtaz1 has quit IRC
102 2020-02-20T09:17:15  *** ron1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
103 2020-02-20T09:21:09  *** rex4539 has quit IRC
104 2020-02-20T09:27:21  *** cataly5m2 has quit IRC
105 2020-02-20T09:27:37  *** cataly5m has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
106 2020-02-20T09:33:16  *** filchef has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
107 2020-02-20T09:44:04  *** midnight has quit IRC
108 2020-02-20T09:51:55  *** midnight has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
109 2020-02-20T09:58:42  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
110 2020-02-20T10:04:17  *** lightningbot has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
111 2020-02-20T10:04:54  *** filchef has quit IRC
112 2020-02-20T10:23:35  *** setpill has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
113 2020-02-20T10:39:46  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
114 2020-02-20T10:42:00  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
115 2020-02-20T10:59:01  *** vincenzopalazzo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
116 2020-02-20T11:03:55  *** Neha3Carroll has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
117 2020-02-20T11:05:25  *** Zenton has quit IRC
118 2020-02-20T11:15:43  <darosior> Hi, https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/eddcbfb109e592fdf39ea2c38c4d7ba183de3e34/src/script/interpreter.cpp#L938-L941 means that the script execution will stop on a failing CHECKSIG (and not CHECKSIGVERIFY), right ? If so what is the reason behind this (non-mandatory) rule ?
119 2020-02-20T11:17:46  *** Neha3Carroll has quit IRC
120 2020-02-20T11:33:01  *** Zenton has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
121 2020-02-20T11:50:21  <darosior> Found the reason.. https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8634
122 2020-02-20T12:00:02  *** ron1 has quit IRC
123 2020-02-20T12:18:02  *** Suntop1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
124 2020-02-20T12:20:45  *** andrewtoth has quit IRC
125 2020-02-20T12:21:08  *** andrewtoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
126 2020-02-20T12:27:59  *** fox2p has quit IRC
127 2020-02-20T12:29:23  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
128 2020-02-20T12:29:24  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/eddcbfb109e5...56fc2dfcc3e6
129 2020-02-20T12:29:24  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7f1475c Sebastian Falbesoner: rpc: update validateaddress RPCExamples to bech32
130 2020-02-20T12:29:25  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 56fc2df fanquake: Merge #18122: rpc: update validateaddress RPCExamples to bech32
131 2020-02-20T12:29:27  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
132 2020-02-20T12:29:43  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2020-02-20T12:29:43  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #18122: rpc: update validateaddress RPCExamples to bech32 (master...20200211-rpc-update-validateaddress-rpcexamples-to-bech32) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18122
134 2020-02-20T12:29:44  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
135 2020-02-20T12:30:01  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
136 2020-02-20T12:30:46  *** fox2p has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
137 2020-02-20T12:33:46  *** promag has quit IRC
138 2020-02-20T12:34:25  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
139 2020-02-20T12:42:47  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
140 2020-02-20T12:47:45  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
141 2020-02-20T12:51:51  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
142 2020-02-20T12:52:43  *** mol has quit IRC
143 2020-02-20T12:57:23  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
144 2020-02-20T12:57:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/56fc2dfcc3e6...eb3c6b091234
145 2020-02-20T12:57:24  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 63ce882 Gastón I. Silva: doc: link to homebrew's troubleshooting page
146 2020-02-20T12:57:24  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master eb3c6b0 fanquake: Merge #18070: doc: add note about `brew doctor`
147 2020-02-20T12:57:26  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
148 2020-02-20T12:57:40  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
149 2020-02-20T12:57:40  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #18070: doc: add note about `brew doctor` (master...documentation) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18070
150 2020-02-20T12:57:41  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
151 2020-02-20T13:02:42  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
152 2020-02-20T13:15:07  *** timothy has quit IRC
153 2020-02-20T13:30:33  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
154 2020-02-20T13:32:03  *** timothy has quit IRC
155 2020-02-20T13:44:46  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
156 2020-02-20T13:46:03  *** promag has quit IRC
157 2020-02-20T13:56:50  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
158 2020-02-20T13:57:12  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
159 2020-02-20T13:57:32  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
160 2020-02-20T13:59:58  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
161 2020-02-20T14:01:51  *** provoostenator has quit IRC
162 2020-02-20T14:02:28  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
163 2020-02-20T14:03:07  *** provoostenator has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
164 2020-02-20T14:08:03  *** braydonf_ has quit IRC
165 2020-02-20T14:08:47  *** promag has quit IRC
166 2020-02-20T14:09:59  *** Victor_sueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
167 2020-02-20T14:10:38  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
168 2020-02-20T14:12:27  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
169 2020-02-20T14:14:05  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
170 2020-02-20T14:14:06  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
171 2020-02-20T14:18:02  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
172 2020-02-20T14:18:24  *** promag has quit IRC
173 2020-02-20T14:20:26  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
174 2020-02-20T14:21:54  *** braydonf_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
175 2020-02-20T14:24:16  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
176 2020-02-20T14:37:36  *** Victor_sueca has quit IRC
177 2020-02-20T14:44:21  *** provoostenator has quit IRC
178 2020-02-20T14:45:37  *** provoostenator has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
179 2020-02-20T15:00:01  *** Suntop1 has quit IRC
180 2020-02-20T15:12:53  *** dviola has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
181 2020-02-20T15:18:15  *** omega8cc has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
182 2020-02-20T15:23:26  <provoostenator> Quick and easy review beg for #17264; would be nice to change that default in 0.20 (cc meshcollider)
183 2020-02-20T15:23:28  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17264 | rpc: set default bip32derivs to true for psbt methods by Sjors · Pull Request #17264 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
184 2020-02-20T15:24:53  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
185 2020-02-20T15:47:17  *** mol has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
186 2020-02-20T15:50:22  *** Guyver2_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
187 2020-02-20T15:53:03  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
188 2020-02-20T16:00:34  *** Guyver2_ is now known as Guyver2
189 2020-02-20T16:03:03  <jonatack> provoostenator: looking
190 2020-02-20T16:08:21  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
191 2020-02-20T16:09:04  *** andrewtoth_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
192 2020-02-20T16:09:43  *** andrewtoth has quit IRC
193 2020-02-20T16:11:24  *** andrewtoth_ has quit IRC
194 2020-02-20T16:13:17  <provoostenator> I saw one person on Twitter and one on IRC in the last couple of days who got confused by the current default :-)
195 2020-02-20T16:14:01  *** shesek has quit IRC
196 2020-02-20T16:14:29  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
197 2020-02-20T16:14:29  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
198 2020-02-20T16:32:57  <jonatack> provoostenator: acked, do you think we need a deprecation period for the change?
199 2020-02-20T16:33:53  *** dviola has quit IRC
200 2020-02-20T16:34:26  <provoostenator> I think that's overkill.
201 2020-02-20T16:35:27  <provoostenator> A PSBT without bip32 info is generally useless.
202 2020-02-20T16:36:18  <jonatack> right. this fixes an annoyance
203 2020-02-20T16:36:22  <provoostenator> It makes sense to "fake" the info for privacy reasons, e.g. in a coinjoin, but to leave it out it's very hard to sign.
204 2020-02-20T16:47:05  *** promag has quit IRC
205 2020-02-20T16:55:03  *** emilengler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
206 2020-02-20T16:56:23  *** Talkless has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
207 2020-02-20T16:57:47  <emilengler> Will probably join the meeting a few minutes later. Have an offline meeting which ends exactly at 18:00 UTC
208 2020-02-20T16:58:07  *** Talkless has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
209 2020-02-20T17:20:47  *** Talkless has quit IRC
210 2020-02-20T17:21:44  *** Talkless has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
211 2020-02-20T17:28:23  *** jrawsthorne has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
212 2020-02-20T17:31:17  *** jrawsthorne_ has quit IRC
213 2020-02-20T17:36:02  *** drizztbsd has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
214 2020-02-20T17:37:11  *** timothy has quit IRC
215 2020-02-20T17:43:30  *** drizztbsd is now known as timothy
216 2020-02-20T17:56:10  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
217 2020-02-20T17:56:23  *** promag has quit IRC
218 2020-02-20T17:56:36  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
219 2020-02-20T17:58:26  *** mol has quit IRC
220 2020-02-20T18:00:02  *** omega8cc has quit IRC
221 2020-02-20T18:01:47  *** nullptr_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
222 2020-02-20T18:01:53  *** mol has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
223 2020-02-20T18:02:27  *** nullptr| has quit IRC
224 2020-02-20T18:04:04  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
225 2020-02-20T18:14:48  *** andrewtoth_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
226 2020-02-20T18:18:01  *** feb1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
227 2020-02-20T18:30:21  <dongcarl> jonasschnelli: Looking at BIP324... The session ID is supposed to be provided OOB?
228 2020-02-20T18:38:09  <sipa> dongcarl: session id is derived from the ECDH outcome
229 2020-02-20T18:39:01  <dongcarl> sipa: Right, but the two peers need to exchange the session ID somehow right? And if it's in-band then it defeats the purpose?
230 2020-02-20T18:39:19  <sipa> dongcarl: ECDH establishes the session id
231 2020-02-20T18:39:24  <sipa> it's not communicated
232 2020-02-20T18:39:55  <sipa> that's what diffie-hellman does, establish a secure shared secret over a cleartext channel (as long as it has no active MitM)
233 2020-02-20T18:40:43  <dongcarl> right... but in jonas' breaking bitcoin talk... he mentions resistance against handshake MITM by comparing session IDs...
234 2020-02-20T18:40:52  <sipa> ah!
235 2020-02-20T18:40:53  <sipa> yes
236 2020-02-20T18:41:13  <sipa> of course, you can establish authenticity by comparing session ids out of band
237 2020-02-20T18:41:35  <sipa> but that inherently requires a preestablished identity (e.g. a phone number of who you're trying to connect to)
238 2020-02-20T18:41:40  <sipa> or if it is yourself, it's easy :)
239 2020-02-20T18:43:16  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
240 2020-02-20T18:43:26  <instagibbs> yes, it's useful for setups like neutrino(or related) to self-owned node at home
241 2020-02-20T18:44:25  <dongcarl> if it's your own node... why not make it easy to pair by using something like noise protocol IK?
242 2020-02-20T18:44:54  <sipa> dongcarl: what yiu need is an authentication scheme
243 2020-02-20T18:45:03  <sipa> which can run on top of bip 324
244 2020-02-20T18:45:11  <sipa> we've been working on a really cool one :)
245 2020-02-20T18:45:31  <instagibbs> dongcarl, if the tooling exists seems silly to create yet another tool
246 2020-02-20T18:45:37  <instagibbs> create/integrate/whatever
247 2020-02-20T18:45:38  <sipa> the most naive one you can construct is simply sending a signature of the session id
248 2020-02-20T18:45:49  <dongcarl> sipa: where can I find info about this? I've been talking with ariard_ about this
249 2020-02-20T18:46:19  <sipa> dongcarl: well bip 150 was an early idea
250 2020-02-20T18:46:34  <sipa> the fancy private authentication i've talked about before, bit nothing really written up
251 2020-02-20T18:47:07  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
252 2020-02-20T18:47:21  <sipa> dongcarl: the problem is that bitcoin nodes don't have, and shouldn't have, any observable identity
253 2020-02-20T18:47:27  <sipa> that could be used to track them around
254 2020-02-20T18:48:33  <dongcarl> Okay, will read BIP150
255 2020-02-20T18:48:59  *** MarcoFalkeWifi10 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
256 2020-02-20T18:49:43  <sipa> dongcarl: for a better idea of what is possible: https://gist.github.com/sipa/d7dcaae0419f10e5be0270fada84c20b
257 2020-02-20T18:49:53  <sipa> but the actual protocol there is outdated
258 2020-02-20T18:50:32  <dongcarl> Gotchu
259 2020-02-20T19:00:15  <achow101> meeting?
260 2020-02-20T19:00:21  <wumpus> #startmeeting
261 2020-02-20T19:00:21  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Feb 20 19:00:21 2020 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
262 2020-02-20T19:00:21  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
263 2020-02-20T19:00:26  <kanzure> hi
264 2020-02-20T19:00:31  <achow101> hi
265 2020-02-20T19:00:32  <jonasschnelli> hi
266 2020-02-20T19:00:45  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball kvaciral ariard digi_james amiti fjahr
267 2020-02-20T19:00:47  <wumpus> jeremyrubin lightlike emilengler jonatack hebasto jb55
268 2020-02-20T19:00:50  <jonatack> hi
269 2020-02-20T19:00:53  <ariard_> hi
270 2020-02-20T19:01:00  <elichai2> hi
271 2020-02-20T19:01:01  <meshcollider> hi
272 2020-02-20T19:02:00  <promag> hi
273 2020-02-20T19:02:34  <wumpus> no proposed topics in  http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt (as I understand it)
274 2020-02-20T19:02:36  <kanzure> no new entries in proposedmeetingtopics.txt http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt
275 2020-02-20T19:02:42  <wumpus> ha thanks kanzure
276 2020-02-20T19:02:47  <hebasto> hi
277 2020-02-20T19:03:11  <wumpus> any last minute proposals?
278 2020-02-20T19:04:03  <wumpus> FWIW the 0.20 feature freeze is in less than a month (2020-03-15)
279 2020-02-20T19:04:14  <wumpus> see #17432
280 2020-02-20T19:04:14  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17432 | Release schedule for 0.20.0 · Issue #17432 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
281 2020-02-20T19:04:21  <wumpus> #topic High priority for review
282 2020-02-20T19:04:43  <wumpus> 8 blockrers, 1 bugfix, 6 chasing concept ACK
283 2020-02-20T19:04:58  <elichai2> Reviews for #18014 will be appreciated (not sure if high priority is appropriate though)
284 2020-02-20T19:05:00  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18014 | lib: Optimizing siphash implementation by elichai · Pull Request #18014 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
285 2020-02-20T19:05:05  <wumpus> anyone have suggestions for things to add/remove/merge?
286 2020-02-20T19:05:21  <wumpus> elichai2: does it block other work for you?
287 2020-02-20T19:05:22  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
288 2020-02-20T19:05:22  <achow101> merge #18034?
289 2020-02-20T19:05:24  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18034 | Get the OutputType for a descriptor by achow101 · Pull Request #18034 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
290 2020-02-20T19:05:27  <elichai2> wumpus: nope
291 2020-02-20T19:05:41  <jonatack> #17812 may be rfm
292 2020-02-20T19:05:44  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17812 | config, net, test: asmap functional tests and feature refinements by jonatack · Pull Request #17812 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
293 2020-02-20T19:06:06  <wumpus> thanks achow101 jonatack
294 2020-02-20T19:06:25  <gwillen> #17509 is already high-prio but nobody's reviewed since it was added there, perhaps take a look? :-)
295 2020-02-20T19:06:28  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17509 | gui: save and load PSBT by Sjors · Pull Request #17509 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
296 2020-02-20T19:06:32  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
297 2020-02-20T19:06:32  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] icota closed pull request #18179: Add Lightning Network support (master...2020-01-core-lightning) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18179
298 2020-02-20T19:06:33  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
299 2020-02-20T19:07:19  <wumpus> elichai2: to be clear I'm ok with adding it if you want, but the blockers list is meant for PRs that block other work
300 2020-02-20T19:07:45  <achow101> add #17577 to blockers?
301 2020-02-20T19:07:49  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17577 | refactor: deduplicate the message sign/verify code by vasild · Pull Request #17577 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
302 2020-02-20T19:08:08  <meshcollider> achow101: 18034 needs another review imo, I'll review it this afternoon
303 2020-02-20T19:08:27  <elichai2> wumpus: yeah makes sense. Just wanted to ask for people to review :)
304 2020-02-20T19:08:27  <achow101> meshcollider: great!
305 2020-02-20T19:09:25  <wumpus> achow101: #18115 is based on it?
306 2020-02-20T19:09:28  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18115 | wallet: Pass in transactions and messages for signing instead of exporting the private keys by achow101 · Pull Request #18115 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
307 2020-02-20T19:09:35  <achow101> wumpus: yes
308 2020-02-20T19:10:11  <wumpus> ok, added
309 2020-02-20T19:10:32  <elichai2> gwillen: Does it need code review or testing the gui?
310 2020-02-20T19:11:42  <gwillen> provoostenator: it's your PR, opinion? ^
311 2020-02-20T19:12:01  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
312 2020-02-20T19:12:01  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Mentors4EDU opened pull request #18186: Stage and add commits behind (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18186
313 2020-02-20T19:12:02  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
314 2020-02-20T19:12:25  <gwillen> I've never been totally clear on what the requirements are before something can be merged :-)
315 2020-02-20T19:12:29  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
316 2020-02-20T19:12:30  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Mentors4EDU closed pull request #18186: Stage and add commits behind (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18186
317 2020-02-20T19:12:30  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
318 2020-02-20T19:12:48  <gwillen> I did gui testing to my own satisfaction at least
319 2020-02-20T19:12:56  <instagibbs> gwillen, it's fuzzy "I know it when I see it" :P
320 2020-02-20T19:13:10  <gwillen> yeah, *nod*. I did both a code review and GUI testing, I imagine it just needs "more eyes", so ideally both
321 2020-02-20T19:13:12  <wumpus> gwillen: pretty much:  if the maintainer of the part of the code has enough confidence in it, you can help this by adding reviews / test reports
322 2020-02-20T19:13:45  <instagibbs> I can definitely take a look at that PR
323 2020-02-20T19:13:51  <gwillen> much appreciated
324 2020-02-20T19:13:57  *** setpill has quit IRC
325 2020-02-20T19:14:04  <wumpus> it can differ very much by part of the code changed what kind and how much review/manual testing/fuzzing/analysis/etc is needed
326 2020-02-20T19:14:20  <instagibbs> what subsystems it touches, can people lose money if you're wrong, etc
327 2020-02-20T19:14:26  <wumpus> exactly
328 2020-02-20T19:15:23  <wumpus> I guess for PSBT GUI the most important thing is that people test it manually and it works as expected
329 2020-02-20T19:15:43  <promag> I'll see 17509 too
330 2020-02-20T19:16:23  <hebasto> btw, which devs reviews are more valuable for autotools related PRs?
331 2020-02-20T19:16:37  <wumpus> cfields_ dongcarl
332 2020-02-20T19:16:49  <wumpus> maybe luke-jr
333 2020-02-20T19:16:55  <hebasto> wumpus: ty
334 2020-02-20T19:17:36  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
335 2020-02-20T19:17:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli opened pull request #18187: Add --options runtime (runtime hardening) to macOS codesign (master...2020/02/macos_runtime_hardening) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18187
336 2020-02-20T19:17:38  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
337 2020-02-20T19:18:35  <wumpus> I understand it enough to understand what the script does but not what's a good/least messy way of structuring autotools scripts, so definitely don't go by only my review there
338 2020-02-20T19:19:08  *** CubicEarth has quit IRC
339 2020-02-20T19:19:11  <wumpus> any other topics?
340 2020-02-20T19:19:25  <jonatack> #17208 could use review; this would allow us to build with -fsanitize=undefined
341 2020-02-20T19:19:28  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17208 | Make all tests pass UBSan without using any UBSan suppressions by practicalswift · Pull Request #17208 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
342 2020-02-20T19:19:52  <fanquake> I take it no one has found any new issues with rc2? I haven’t seen anything reported
343 2020-02-20T19:20:08  <elichai2> jonatack: will review it!
344 2020-02-20T19:20:36  * dongcarl back, looking
345 2020-02-20T19:20:38  <wumpus> oh that one looks a lot less scary than I expected, mostly affect progress reporting code
346 2020-02-20T19:21:26  <wumpus> the nBlocksTotal change in validation.cpp needs some eyes on it
347 2020-02-20T19:21:45  <instagibbs> yeah was about to say
348 2020-02-20T19:22:04  <jonatack> yes, that's the key change
349 2020-02-20T19:22:32  <wumpus> but there was also a previous PR that changed a lot of signed/unsigned integer arithmetic all over the place, glad it's not that
350 2020-02-20T19:23:15  <wumpus> fanquake: haven't seen anything reported either
351 2020-02-20T19:23:34  <wumpus> I guess we can tag 0.19.1 final fairly soon
352 2020-02-20T19:23:38  <wumpus> are the release notes ready?
353 2020-02-20T19:23:47  <instagibbs> wumpus, oh you told me another PR was going in, so I closed my 3 line fix for it :P
354 2020-02-20T19:23:56  <fanquake> Sure. There’s a few more things tagged for backport for 0.19, but I’m not convinced they are required for 0.19.1
355 2020-02-20T19:24:04  <fanquake> Unsure about the release notes though
356 2020-02-20T19:24:48  <wumpus> instagibbs: I don't remember having said that, which one?
357 2020-02-20T19:25:05  <wumpus> instagibbs: you mean I said I wanted to merge another PR for 0.19.1?
358 2020-02-20T19:25:33  <instagibbs> the UB PR, I had a 3 line fix, closed for later closed PR (not important just noting I had a similar fix)
359 2020-02-20T19:26:23  <wumpus> instagibbs: oh, a 3 line fix instead of #17208?
360 2020-02-20T19:26:26  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17208 | Make all tests pass UBSan without using any UBSan suppressions by practicalswift · Pull Request #17208 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
361 2020-02-20T19:26:55  <instagibbs> right
362 2020-02-20T19:26:56  <wumpus> depending on what the changed lines are that would be even better?
363 2020-02-20T19:28:17  <wumpus> 0.19.1 changelog looks ok, no "Notable changes", but that happens more often for minor releases as it's bugfixes not features: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/0.19/doc/release-notes.md
364 2020-02-20T19:29:48  <fanquake> Yea looks ok
365 2020-02-20T19:29:58  <wumpus> thanks
366 2020-02-20T19:30:48  <wumpus> I guess that concludes the meeting for today, happy reviewing everyone :)
367 2020-02-20T19:30:56  <wumpus> #endmeeting
368 2020-02-20T19:30:56  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Feb 20 19:30:56 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
369 2020-02-20T19:30:56  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-02-20-19.00.html
370 2020-02-20T19:30:56  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-02-20-19.00.txt
371 2020-02-20T19:30:56  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-02-20-19.00.log.html
372 2020-02-20T19:31:45  *** Talkless has quit IRC
373 2020-02-20T19:33:12  *** MarcoFalkeWifi10 has quit IRC
374 2020-02-20T19:39:21  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
375 2020-02-20T19:39:21  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #18188: test: Bump process time in scheduler_tests to avoid race (master...2002-testBumpSched) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18188
376 2020-02-20T19:39:22  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
377 2020-02-20T19:41:56  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
378 2020-02-20T19:41:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Empact closed pull request #13949: Introduce MempoolObserver interface to break "policy/fees -> txmempool -> policy/fees" circular dependency (master...mempool-observer) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13949
379 2020-02-20T19:42:00  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
380 2020-02-20T19:42:36  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
381 2020-02-20T19:42:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #18188: test: Bump process time in scheduler_tests to avoid race (master...2002-testBumpSched) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18188
382 2020-02-20T19:42:37  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
383 2020-02-20T19:43:23  *** vasild_ has quit IRC
384 2020-02-20T19:45:24  *** vasild has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
385 2020-02-20T19:47:31  *** oguzkoroglu has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
386 2020-02-20T19:49:38  *** kristapsk has quit IRC
387 2020-02-20T19:50:26  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
388 2020-02-20T19:50:26  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift closed pull request #17208: Make all tests pass UBSan without using any UBSan suppressions (master...ubsan-warnings) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17208
389 2020-02-20T19:50:27  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
390 2020-02-20T19:54:52  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
391 2020-02-20T19:54:52  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] instagibbs reopened pull request #15283: log: Fix UB with bench on genesis block (master...ub_genesis_bench) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15283
392 2020-02-20T19:54:53  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
393 2020-02-20T19:59:33  *** oguzkoroglu has quit IRC
394 2020-02-20T20:02:47  *** luke-jr has quit IRC
395 2020-02-20T20:04:48  *** luke-jr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
396 2020-02-20T20:05:21  *** promag has quit IRC
397 2020-02-20T20:05:54  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
398 2020-02-20T20:06:31  <provoostenator> elichai2: re #1750 is the bare bones UI so let's not bike-shed it, gwillen has a pretty PR on top. But it does need testing and code review.
399 2020-02-20T20:06:32  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/1750 | Some JSON values dont work in the GUI console · Issue #1750 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
400 2020-02-20T20:07:21  <instagibbs> #17509
401 2020-02-20T20:07:22  <gwillen> that's #17509, but yeah, my pretty PR on top is #18027
402 2020-02-20T20:07:23  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17509 | gui: save and load PSBT by Sjors · Pull Request #17509 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
403 2020-02-20T20:07:24  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17509 | gui: save and load PSBT by Sjors · Pull Request #17509 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
404 2020-02-20T20:07:26  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18027 | "PSBT Operations" dialog by gwillen · Pull Request #18027 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
405 2020-02-20T20:07:33  *** CubicEarth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
406 2020-02-20T20:11:37  *** promag has quit IRC
407 2020-02-20T20:34:43  *** kristapsk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
408 2020-02-20T20:43:46  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
409 2020-02-20T20:47:39  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
410 2020-02-20T20:57:31  *** spaced0ut has quit IRC
411 2020-02-20T21:00:02  *** feb1 has quit IRC
412 2020-02-20T21:03:58  *** owowo has quit IRC
413 2020-02-20T21:08:41  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
414 2020-02-20T21:11:10  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
415 2020-02-20T21:11:41  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
416 2020-02-20T21:12:16  *** emilengler has quit IRC
417 2020-02-20T21:16:08  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
418 2020-02-20T21:17:36  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
419 2020-02-20T21:17:59  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
420 2020-02-20T21:18:31  *** elsimio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
421 2020-02-20T21:38:11  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
422 2020-02-20T21:42:51  *** promag has quit IRC
423 2020-02-20T22:06:20  *** alko89 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
424 2020-02-20T22:12:10  *** Kleene has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
425 2020-02-20T22:18:26  *** filchef has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
426 2020-02-20T22:19:52  *** filchef has quit IRC
427 2020-02-20T22:32:01  *** Kleene has quit IRC
428 2020-02-20T22:33:54  *** zero1729 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
429 2020-02-20T22:35:47  *** zero1729 has quit IRC
430 2020-02-20T22:36:58  *** ctrlbreak has quit IRC
431 2020-02-20T22:49:57  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
432 2020-02-20T22:58:47  *** ctrlbreak has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
433 2020-02-20T23:11:48  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
434 2020-02-20T23:17:21  *** manantial has quit IRC
435 2020-02-20T23:39:47  *** vincenzopalazzo has quit IRC
436 2020-02-20T23:45:15  <hebasto> dongcarl: mind testing #18077 on OpenBSD gateway router?
437 2020-02-20T23:45:20  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18077 | net: Add NAT-PMP port forwarding support by hebasto · Pull Request #18077 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
438 2020-02-20T23:46:03  *** Zenton has quit IRC
439 2020-02-20T23:49:23  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
440 2020-02-20T23:50:31  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
441 2020-02-20T23:53:39  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
442 2020-02-20T23:55:52  *** timothy has quit IRC
443 2020-02-20T23:56:03  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
444 2020-02-20T23:56:41  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
445 2020-02-20T23:57:19  *** davec has quit IRC
446 2020-02-20T23:59:30  *** marcoagner has quit IRC