1 2020-03-19T00:00:02  *** kaeru has quit IRC
  2 2020-03-19T00:19:01  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
  3 2020-03-19T00:19:20  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  4 2020-03-19T00:19:30  *** marcoagner has quit IRC
  5 2020-03-19T00:21:48  *** theGrg has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  6 2020-03-19T00:23:02  <fanquake> wumpus could you swap the default branch for the bitcoin-core/leveldb repo from "bitcoin-fork" to "bitcoin-fork-new" ?
  7 2020-03-19T00:27:18  <sipa> or create a new bitcoin-fork-old branch, and swap with it
  8 2020-03-19T00:34:20  *** shaunsun has quit IRC
  9 2020-03-19T00:34:25  *** shaunsun_ has quit IRC
 10 2020-03-19T00:41:17  *** captjakk has quit IRC
 11 2020-03-19T00:41:50  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 12 2020-03-19T00:46:25  *** captjakk has quit IRC
 13 2020-03-19T01:11:38  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
 14 2020-03-19T01:15:36  <luke-jr> sipa: if it's not a fast-forward, it may make git complain when pulling
 15 2020-03-19T01:38:52  *** Eric3 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 16 2020-03-19T01:39:15  *** ExEric3 has quit IRC
 17 2020-03-19T01:45:57  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
 18 2020-03-19T01:50:02  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 19 2020-03-19T01:53:26  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 20 2020-03-19T01:53:26  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] gitwdel opened pull request #18381: Create ccpp.yml (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18381
 21 2020-03-19T01:53:27  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 22 2020-03-19T01:53:55  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2020-03-19T01:53:55  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #18381: Create ccpp.yml (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18381
 24 2020-03-19T01:53:56  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 25 2020-03-19T01:54:16  *** captjakk has quit IRC
 26 2020-03-19T01:56:35  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 27 2020-03-19T02:16:19  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
 28 2020-03-19T02:16:28  *** jarthur has quit IRC
 29 2020-03-19T02:37:23  <mryandao> -
 30 2020-03-19T02:39:42  <sipa> +
 31 2020-03-19T02:44:48  *** MrSquanchee has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 32 2020-03-19T02:45:02  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 33 2020-03-19T02:45:59  *** captjakk has quit IRC
 34 2020-03-19T02:46:20  <luke-jr> %
 35 2020-03-19T02:46:32  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 36 2020-03-19T02:51:02  *** captjakk has quit IRC
 37 2020-03-19T02:52:40  *** belcher has quit IRC
 38 2020-03-19T03:00:01  *** theGrg has quit IRC
 39 2020-03-19T03:05:11  <kallewoof> ※
 40 2020-03-19T03:06:02  <fanquake> That's a bit fancy
 41 2020-03-19T03:08:55  <luke-jr> does C++20 allow unicode operators?
 42 2020-03-19T03:10:05  <sipa> like?
 43 2020-03-19T03:10:36  <sipa> c++ doesn't allow defining your own operators (outside of a fixed set), so i don't think that's a relevant question?
 44 2020-03-19T03:12:22  <luke-jr> like when will the fixed set include operator× ?
 45 2020-03-19T03:12:34  <luke-jr> or operator≤
 46 2020-03-19T03:13:01  <luke-jr> ≤ might just get inferred perhaps
 47 2020-03-19T03:13:18  <luke-jr> but more useful is ≤ working with int etc
 48 2020-03-19T03:13:21  <sipa> c++20 already added the <=> operator
 49 2020-03-19T03:13:34  <sipa> that's already a once in a decade event probably
 50 2020-03-19T03:13:38  <luke-jr> hardly an example of Unicdoe :p
 51 2020-03-19T03:14:28  <sipa> < = and > are all valid Unicode characters :D
 52 2020-03-19T03:19:59  <hadjiszs> you can do this kind of stuff https://github.com/klmr/named-operator
 53 2020-03-19T03:20:21  <hadjiszs> seems to work even with emoji name then :p
 54 2020-03-19T03:21:06  <hadjiszs> last time I tried emoji unicode, only icpc was ok to compile though
 55 2020-03-19T03:21:14  *** feedoo1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 56 2020-03-19T03:35:18  *** felixfoertsch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 57 2020-03-19T03:35:25  *** felixfoertsch23 has quit IRC
 58 2020-03-19T04:02:23  *** jb55 has quit IRC
 59 2020-03-19T04:30:27  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 60 2020-03-19T04:33:02  *** Eric3 has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 61 2020-03-19T04:35:16  *** ddustin has quit IRC
 62 2020-03-19T06:00:01  *** feedoo1 has quit IRC
 63 2020-03-19T06:01:50  *** ppisati has quit IRC
 64 2020-03-19T06:08:30  *** ppisati has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 65 2020-03-19T06:10:57  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
 66 2020-03-19T06:17:27  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 67 2020-03-19T06:21:46  *** davidfischer has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 68 2020-03-19T06:22:10  *** davidfischer is now known as Guest63854
 69 2020-03-19T06:31:57  *** meshcollider has quit IRC
 70 2020-03-19T06:57:16  *** meshcollider has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 71 2020-03-19T07:14:40  *** Kiminuo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 72 2020-03-19T07:26:21  *** SiAnDoG__ has quit IRC
 73 2020-03-19T07:26:47  *** SiAnDoG__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 74 2020-03-19T07:43:43  *** vasild has quit IRC
 75 2020-03-19T07:45:43  *** vasild has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 76 2020-03-19T07:53:21  *** kristapsk_ has quit IRC
 77 2020-03-19T07:53:45  *** kristapsk_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 78 2020-03-19T08:02:39  <wumpus> fanquake: sounds good to me
 79 2020-03-19T08:06:46  <wumpus> renaming the branch would be somewhat more elegant but would also give all kinds of weird conflicts for people doing 'git pull' next time, don't know what's best here I'll just change the default branch for now
 80 2020-03-19T08:08:30  *** ajonas has quit IRC
 81 2020-03-19T08:08:30  *** hsmiths has quit IRC
 82 2020-03-19T08:08:30  *** jamesob has quit IRC
 83 2020-03-19T08:08:37  *** neatnik has quit IRC
 84 2020-03-19T08:08:41  <wumpus> haskell can also do unicode operators, that said it's not great for typing
 85 2020-03-19T08:08:49  *** jamesob has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 86 2020-03-19T08:09:04  *** mariorz has quit IRC
 87 2020-03-19T08:09:04  *** amiti has quit IRC
 88 2020-03-19T08:09:04  *** valwal has quit IRC
 89 2020-03-19T08:09:06  *** nejon has quit IRC
 90 2020-03-19T08:09:06  *** moneyball has quit IRC
 91 2020-03-19T08:09:07  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
 92 2020-03-19T08:09:19  *** ajonas has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 93 2020-03-19T08:09:25  *** manantial has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 94 2020-03-19T08:09:27  *** aerth has quit IRC
 95 2020-03-19T08:09:37  <wumpus> I mean having to define weird key sequences or ctrl-shift-U XXXX all the time
 96 2020-03-19T08:09:53  *** RubenSomsen has quit IRC
 97 2020-03-19T08:10:06  *** neatnik has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 98 2020-03-19T08:10:21  *** nejon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 99 2020-03-19T08:10:26  *** moneyball has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
100 2020-03-19T08:10:38  *** RubenSomsen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
101 2020-03-19T08:10:49  <wumpus> a possibly preferable approach that some editors have is that they can *show* certain sequences of characters as a more compact unicode character, e.g. <= as ≤, vim can do this using conceal, for example
102 2020-03-19T08:11:04  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
103 2020-03-19T08:11:08  *** mariorz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
104 2020-03-19T08:11:11  *** amiti has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
105 2020-03-19T08:11:12  *** aerth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
106 2020-03-19T08:11:35  *** hsmiths has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
107 2020-03-19T08:12:15  *** valwal has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
108 2020-03-19T08:15:49  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
109 2020-03-19T08:19:58  *** ddustin has quit IRC
110 2020-03-19T08:53:06  <vasild> Allowing custom unicode operators would bring the obsuscated c code contest https://www.ioccc.org/ to a whole new level!
111 2020-03-19T08:58:55  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
112 2020-03-19T08:58:55  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/a421e0a22f12...67de1ee8bc18
113 2020-03-19T08:58:56  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a3ad645 Pieter Wuille: Simplify bn2vch using int.to_bytes
114 2020-03-19T08:58:57  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a733ad5 Pieter Wuille: Add bn2vch test to functional tests
115 2020-03-19T08:58:57  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 67de1ee Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #18378: Bugfix & simplify bn2vch using int.to_bytes
116 2020-03-19T08:58:57  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
117 2020-03-19T08:58:59  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
118 2020-03-19T08:59:15  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
119 2020-03-19T08:59:15  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #18378: Bugfix & simplify bn2vch using int.to_bytes (master...202003_simple_bn2vch) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18378
120 2020-03-19T08:59:16  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
121 2020-03-19T09:00:01  *** Guest63854 has quit IRC
122 2020-03-19T09:04:34  *** kexkey has quit IRC
123 2020-03-19T09:08:21  *** marcoagner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
124 2020-03-19T09:22:03  *** nighmi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
125 2020-03-19T09:22:27  *** nighmi is now known as Guest4553
126 2020-03-19T09:29:05  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
127 2020-03-19T09:49:12  *** SiAnDoG_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
128 2020-03-19T09:51:23  *** SiAnDoG__ has quit IRC
129 2020-03-19T09:53:40  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
130 2020-03-19T10:01:40  *** emilengler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
131 2020-03-19T10:15:03  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
132 2020-03-19T10:49:47  *** molly has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2020-03-19T10:51:24  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
134 2020-03-19T10:51:25  *** molly has quit IRC
135 2020-03-19T11:01:51  *** shaunsun_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
136 2020-03-19T11:01:51  *** shaunsun has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
137 2020-03-19T11:03:46  *** shaunsun__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2020-03-19T11:03:57  *** Joelle81Gulgowsk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
139 2020-03-19T11:06:30  *** shaunsun_ has quit IRC
140 2020-03-19T11:06:30  *** shaunsun has quit IRC
141 2020-03-19T11:07:35  *** shaunsun has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
142 2020-03-19T12:00:02  *** Guest4553 has quit IRC
143 2020-03-19T12:10:54  *** Joelle81Gulgowsk has quit IRC
144 2020-03-19T12:22:23  *** hollisb has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
145 2020-03-19T12:24:42  *** hex17or has quit IRC
146 2020-03-19T12:25:20  *** hex17or has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
147 2020-03-19T12:26:29  *** DeanWeen has quit IRC
148 2020-03-19T12:51:13  <elichai2> `unknown location(0): fatal error: in "arith_uint256_tests/basics": std::runtime_error: locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid` what's going on?
149 2020-03-19T12:53:18  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
150 2020-03-19T12:53:18  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #16995: Fix gcc 9 warnings (master...2019_09_resolve_gcc_warnings) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16995
151 2020-03-19T12:53:19  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
152 2020-03-19T12:53:38  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
153 2020-03-19T12:53:38  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke reopened pull request #16995: Fix gcc 9 warnings (master...2019_09_resolve_gcc_warnings) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16995
154 2020-03-19T12:53:39  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
155 2020-03-19T12:55:50  <elichai2> I guess it's locale again :/ need better error
156 2020-03-19T13:10:26  *** promag has quit IRC
157 2020-03-19T13:14:02  <MarcoFalke> elichai2: you need to export an utf8 or C LC_ALL
158 2020-03-19T13:15:16  <elichai2> yeah and it seems to be failing really really early, so I think i'll give up on adding some meaningful error
159 2020-03-19T13:16:28  <MarcoFalke> export LC_ALL=C.UTF-8
160 2020-03-19T13:16:29  <MarcoFalke> or
161 2020-03-19T13:16:32  <MarcoFalke> export LC_ALL=C
162 2020-03-19T13:16:38  <MarcoFalke> should fix it
163 2020-03-19T13:18:29  <elichai2> yeah it did. thanks. was just trying to figure out if I can find the source and get it to print a meaningful error
164 2020-03-19T13:20:09  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
165 2020-03-19T13:24:22  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
166 2020-03-19T13:29:18  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
167 2020-03-19T13:29:18  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] vasild opened pull request #18382: doc: note the costs of fetching all pull requests (master...note_fetch_all_cost) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18382
168 2020-03-19T13:29:19  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
169 2020-03-19T13:32:52  <fanquake> elichai2: looks the same as #17379
170 2020-03-19T13:32:54  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17379 | Segfault running master on NetBSD · Issue #17379 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
171 2020-03-19T13:34:41  *** emilengler has quit IRC
172 2020-03-19T13:47:42  *** emilengler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
173 2020-03-19T13:48:53  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
174 2020-03-19T13:50:40  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
175 2020-03-19T13:54:51  *** promag has quit IRC
176 2020-03-19T13:55:47  *** lightlike has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
177 2020-03-19T13:58:56  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
178 2020-03-19T13:58:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] elichai opened pull request #18383: Check for overflow when calculating sum of outputs in a transaction (master...2020-03-value-overflow) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18383
179 2020-03-19T13:58:57  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
180 2020-03-19T14:00:03  *** molly has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
181 2020-03-19T14:03:13  *** mol has quit IRC
182 2020-03-19T14:13:33  *** instagibbs has quit IRC
183 2020-03-19T14:24:41  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
184 2020-03-19T14:24:42  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/67de1ee8bc18...3d3d834324f3
185 2020-03-19T14:24:42  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e90e3e6 fanquake: build: fix sysctl() detection on macOS
186 2020-03-19T14:24:43  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3d3d834 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #18359: build: fix sysctl() detection on macOS
187 2020-03-19T14:24:45  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
188 2020-03-19T14:25:01  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
189 2020-03-19T14:25:01  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #18359: build: fix sysctl() detection on macOS (master...macos_sysctl) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18359
190 2020-03-19T14:25:02  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
191 2020-03-19T14:27:55  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
192 2020-03-19T14:29:53  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
193 2020-03-19T14:34:32  *** andrewtoth_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
194 2020-03-19T14:37:22  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
195 2020-03-19T14:39:49  *** Kiminuo has quit IRC
196 2020-03-19T14:47:14  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
197 2020-03-19T14:49:18  *** DeanWeen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
198 2020-03-19T14:51:01  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
199 2020-03-19T14:51:02  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/3d3d834324f3...527c3989e746
200 2020-03-19T14:51:02  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 84a46a9 emu: doc: mention MAKE=gmake workaround when building on a BSD
201 2020-03-19T14:51:03  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 527c398 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #18340: doc: mention MAKE=gmake workaround when building on a BSD
202 2020-03-19T14:51:05  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
203 2020-03-19T14:51:21  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
204 2020-03-19T14:51:21  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #18340: doc: mention MAKE=gmake workaround when building on a BSD (master...fixup_18129) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18340
205 2020-03-19T14:51:22  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
206 2020-03-19T14:52:45  *** Kiminuo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
207 2020-03-19T15:00:02  *** hollisb has quit IRC
208 2020-03-19T15:05:47  *** shaunsun__ has quit IRC
209 2020-03-19T15:05:47  *** shaunsun has quit IRC
210 2020-03-19T15:07:55  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
211 2020-03-19T15:11:51  <MarcoFalke> #proposedmeetingtopic PGP is dead
212 2020-03-19T15:14:52  <vasild> elichai2: MarcoFalke: what overflow are we talking about in #18383? If it is an overflow of int64_t (= CAmount), then it is not possible because both numbers are checked by MoneyRange() for being less than 21M (MAX_MONEY). If it is an overflow of MAX_MONEY, then it is possible, but then shouldn't the patch use MAX_MONEY instead of std::numeric_limits<CAmount>?
213 2020-03-19T15:14:54  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18383 | Check for overflow when calculating sum of outputs in a transaction by elichai · Pull Request #18383 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
214 2020-03-19T15:15:44  <MarcoFalke> vasild: It is an overflow in a result that is never read when it overflows
215 2020-03-19T15:15:55  <MarcoFalke> The only way you can trigger this is by enabling sanitizers
216 2020-03-19T15:16:41  <MarcoFalke> Compilers are smart these days, so without sanizitzers enabled, it probably will be optimized out/reorderd and thus won't overflow
217 2020-03-19T15:19:12  <vasild> Ah, now I see!
218 2020-03-19T15:21:54  *** alexsuraci has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
219 2020-03-19T15:37:00  <sipa> MarcoFalke: || short circuits; the right half is not evaluated if the first half is true
220 2020-03-19T15:37:13  <sipa> so i don't understand how this can trigger
221 2020-03-19T15:37:53  <sipa> it has nothing to do with reordering; any optimization a compiler performs must be indistinguishable from the correct semantics
222 2020-03-19T15:38:12  <MarcoFalke> sipa: nValueOut += tx_out.nValue; is always executed
223 2020-03-19T15:38:20  <MarcoFalke> it is not under a  condition
224 2020-03-19T15:38:27  <sipa> oh!
225 2020-03-19T15:38:32  <sipa> i was misreading
226 2020-03-19T15:38:33  <sipa> thanks
227 2020-03-19T15:39:53  *** Victor_sueca has quit IRC
228 2020-03-19T15:42:01  *** Victor_sueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
229 2020-03-19T16:13:26  <vasild> kallewoof: btw, what happens if we receive some out-of-order blocks, store them in blk files, flush finalize etc and later we receive alternative blocks for those heights with higher POW, so the new guys get connected. Do we leave the first ones on disk forever, orphaned?
230 2020-03-19T16:14:22  <kallewoof> vasild: i believe the new blocks will go into the newer block files. when connected, the undo data for THOSE will go into the corresponding rev files like normal
231 2020-03-19T16:14:49  <kallewoof> i could be wrong though. definitely worth looking into, but nowadays, reorgs are rare :)
232 2020-03-19T16:14:53  <vasild> yes, I am wondering if we ever clean up the old ones
233 2020-03-19T16:15:09  <kallewoof> old block or old rev?
234 2020-03-19T16:15:37  <kallewoof> either way, i don't really know, myself. others may be able to answer though.. (sipa?)
235 2020-03-19T16:16:34  <sipa> we clean up the old ones only when pruning
236 2020-03-19T16:16:53  <sipa> in which case entire files are deleted
237 2020-03-19T16:16:58  <vasild> actually POW is not relevant here. For example: we receive block 5, write it to disk, then we receive block 7, write it to disk (it refers an imaginary parent block 6). Then we receive block 6' and decide to connect it to block 5, so block 7 is useless.
238 2020-03-19T16:18:51  <sipa> correct
239 2020-03-19T16:18:56  <vasild> sipa: I see, so we will not go to clean up block 7 "in place" inside the blk / rev files or something crazy like that which would complicate stuff even more
240 2020-03-19T16:19:04  <sipa> indeed
241 2020-03-19T16:19:23  <sipa> note that 7 would only be downloaded if we at least had a valid header for its parent
242 2020-03-19T16:20:21  <vasild> ah, that answers my question before I asked it - could somebody feed us a huge pile of useless blocks to fill up our disk ;)
243 2020-03-19T16:20:38  <vasild> Thanks!
244 2020-03-19T16:20:49  <sipa> you can ask the same question about headers, though
245 2020-03-19T16:21:03  *** molly has quit IRC
246 2020-03-19T16:21:40  <vasild> could somebody feed us a huge pile of useless headers to fill up our disk?
247 2020-03-19T16:22:10  <sipa> and the answer for that is the old checkpoint we have, making crearing fake headers pretty expensive as they have to branch off after the last checkpoint
248 2020-03-19T16:22:38  <sipa> actually, let me check, there may be more protections now
249 2020-03-19T16:26:51  *** captjakk_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
250 2020-03-19T16:27:39  <vasild> if we check that the ids of the blocks from the headers match the expected difficulty, then creating one useless header would require the same amount of work as mining a legit block. So not worth doing in order to fill somebody's disk. Right?
251 2020-03-19T16:28:20  *** captjakk_ has quit IRC
252 2020-03-19T16:28:27  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
253 2020-03-19T16:28:28  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 7 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/527c3989e746...312d27b11cea
254 2020-03-19T16:28:29  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1168394 John Newbery: [wallet] Notify conflicted transactions in TransactionRemovedFromMempool
255 2020-03-19T16:28:29  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master cdb8934 John Newbery: [validation interface] Remove vtxConflicted from BlockConnected
256 2020-03-19T16:28:31  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5613f98 John Newbery: [validation] Remove conflictedTxs from PerBlockConnectTrace
257 2020-03-19T16:28:32  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
258 2020-03-19T16:28:37  *** mol has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
259 2020-03-19T16:28:39  <sipa> vasild: right
260 2020-03-19T16:29:10  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
261 2020-03-19T16:29:11  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #17477: Remove the mempool's NotifyEntryAdded and NotifyEntryRemoved signals (master...2019-11-remove-mempool-signals2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17477
262 2020-03-19T16:29:13  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
263 2020-03-19T16:30:54  <vasild> Thanks!
264 2020-03-19T16:31:49  *** mol has quit IRC
265 2020-03-19T16:33:24  <sipa> vasild: full blocks are also only downloaded for header chains that exceed our current best tip's total work
266 2020-03-19T16:34:58  *** jb55 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
267 2020-03-19T16:36:09  *** mol has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
268 2020-03-19T16:38:22  *** promag has quit IRC
269 2020-03-19T16:46:56  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
270 2020-03-19T16:46:59  *** DeanWeen has quit IRC
271 2020-03-19T16:47:24  *** DeanWeen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
272 2020-03-19T16:48:58  *** braydonf has quit IRC
273 2020-03-19T16:49:34  *** braydonf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
274 2020-03-19T16:50:17  *** braydonf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
275 2020-03-19T16:52:14  <elichai2> MarcoFalke: but it will return the "over flown" value which the caller can use/read.
276 2020-03-19T16:52:14  <elichai2> In practice I think all callers check other stuff before calling this. I was in the middle of checking it but had to go
277 2020-03-19T16:52:43  *** andrewtoth_ has quit IRC
278 2020-03-19T16:52:45  <MarcoFalke> no it doesn't return it?!
279 2020-03-19T16:53:33  <elichai2> Oh you're right. It will throw
280 2020-03-19T16:56:47  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
281 2020-03-19T17:07:18  *** SiAnDoG__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
282 2020-03-19T17:09:03  *** SiAnDoG_ has quit IRC
283 2020-03-19T17:10:55  *** Talkless has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
284 2020-03-19T17:13:48  *** rex4539 has quit IRC
285 2020-03-19T17:13:49  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
286 2020-03-19T17:14:46  *** Talkless has quit IRC
287 2020-03-19T17:15:23  *** Talkless has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
288 2020-03-19T17:15:28  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
289 2020-03-19T17:16:57  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
290 2020-03-19T17:19:04  *** promag has quit IRC
291 2020-03-19T17:20:02  *** rex4539 has quit IRC
292 2020-03-19T17:21:34  *** ddustin has quit IRC
293 2020-03-19T17:24:38  *** rex4539 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
294 2020-03-19T17:26:29  *** morcos has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
295 2020-03-19T17:26:45  *** tryphe_ has quit IRC
296 2020-03-19T17:27:12  *** tryphe_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
297 2020-03-19T17:36:53  *** davec has quit IRC
298 2020-03-19T17:37:54  *** andrewtoth_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
299 2020-03-19T17:38:06  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
300 2020-03-19T17:44:42  *** Victor_sueca has quit IRC
301 2020-03-19T17:45:55  *** andrewtoth_ has quit IRC
302 2020-03-19T17:46:10  *** captjakk_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
303 2020-03-19T17:46:17  *** Victor_sueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
304 2020-03-19T17:47:03  *** captjakk_ has quit IRC
305 2020-03-19T17:51:01  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
306 2020-03-19T17:51:01  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] gzhao408 closed pull request #18339: wip [test] multiple reject reasons in v0_outputs_not_spendable (master...test_witness_block-multiple-reasons) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18339
307 2020-03-19T17:51:02  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
308 2020-03-19T17:56:21  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
309 2020-03-19T17:56:22  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] gzhao408 opened pull request #18384: [test] more specific feature_segwit test error message  (master...segwit-test-errormsg) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18384
310 2020-03-19T17:56:33  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
311 2020-03-19T18:00:01  *** alexsuraci has quit IRC
312 2020-03-19T18:04:05  *** Randolf has quit IRC
313 2020-03-19T18:05:46  *** brianhoffman has quit IRC
314 2020-03-19T18:09:56  <ariard> amiti: around? I see for the privacy win in #18038, it's only make it easier for a spying node assuming it connects after initial-broadcast and in between you didn't receive any GETDATA from your honest peers
315 2020-03-19T18:10:00  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18038 | P2P: Mempool tracks locally submitted transactions to improve wallet privacy by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #18038 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
316 2020-03-19T18:10:06  *** brianhoffman has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
317 2020-03-19T18:10:42  <ariard> (and if your honest peers don't reply between REATTEMPT_BROADCAST_INTERVAL you may have bigger issues, like they're not honest)
318 2020-03-19T18:11:06  <ariard> but still before merge you may need coordination with wtxid-relay
319 2020-03-19T18:11:58  <amiti> 👋
320 2020-03-19T18:12:21  <amiti> you're saying you understand the privacy benefit?
321 2020-03-19T18:13:05  <amiti> agree that I need to better understand / think through the interactions with wtxid-relay. thanks for pointing out
322 2020-03-19T18:13:31  <ariard> yeah, will let a comment on the PR to make it clearer
323 2020-03-19T18:14:32  <amiti> cool!
324 2020-03-19T18:16:30  *** rex4539_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
325 2020-03-19T18:16:48  *** rex4539_ has quit IRC
326 2020-03-19T18:18:14  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
327 2020-03-19T18:18:52  *** captjakk has quit IRC
328 2020-03-19T18:19:15  *** rex4539 has quit IRC
329 2020-03-19T18:19:25  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
330 2020-03-19T18:22:02  *** neutraltc has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
331 2020-03-19T18:24:13  *** captjakk has quit IRC
332 2020-03-19T18:50:40  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
333 2020-03-19T18:55:23  *** captjakk has quit IRC
334 2020-03-19T18:56:12  *** filchef has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
335 2020-03-19T19:00:48  <wumpus> #startmeeting
336 2020-03-19T19:00:48  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Mar 19 19:00:48 2020 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
337 2020-03-19T19:00:48  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
338 2020-03-19T19:00:50  <sipa> hi
339 2020-03-19T19:00:51  <emilengler> hi
340 2020-03-19T19:00:52  <jnewbery> hi
341 2020-03-19T19:00:55  <amiti> hi
342 2020-03-19T19:00:56  <aj> hi
343 2020-03-19T19:01:01  <jonatack> hi
344 2020-03-19T19:01:02  <luke-jr> hi
345 2020-03-19T19:01:03  <jkczyz> hi
346 2020-03-19T19:01:09  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball kvaciral ariard digi_james amiti fjahr
347 2020-03-19T19:01:11  <wumpus> jeremyrubin lightlike emilengler jonatack hebasto jb55
348 2020-03-19T19:01:21  *** sazuly15 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
349 2020-03-19T19:01:23  <ariard> hi
350 2020-03-19T19:01:24  <hebasto> hi
351 2020-03-19T19:02:01  <wumpus> one proposed topic by MarcoFalke (PGP is dead)
352 2020-03-19T19:02:11  <MarcoFalke> hi
353 2020-03-19T19:02:35  <wumpus> any last minute topics for today?
354 2020-03-19T19:02:40  <achow101> hi
355 2020-03-19T19:02:45  <fjahr> hi
356 2020-03-19T19:02:51  <meshcollider> hi
357 2020-03-19T19:03:25  <wumpus> #topic High priority for review
358 2020-03-19T19:03:38  *** sipa has quit IRC
359 2020-03-19T19:03:49  <MarcoFalke> I'd like to add #18247 :pray:
360 2020-03-19T19:03:51  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18247 | test: Wait for both veracks in add_p2p_connection by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #18247 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
361 2020-03-19T19:03:54  <wumpus> 6 blockers, 1` bugfix, 6 chasing concept ACK
362 2020-03-19T19:04:39  <achow101> #16528 for hi prio
363 2020-03-19T19:04:42  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16528 | Native Descriptor Wallets using DescriptorScriptPubKeyMan by achow101 · Pull Request #16528 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
364 2020-03-19T19:04:57  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: added
365 2020-03-19T19:05:10  *** ghost43_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
366 2020-03-19T19:05:11  <MarcoFalke> thx
367 2020-03-19T19:05:23  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
368 2020-03-19T19:05:31  <ariard> both #17737/#17954 are pretty mature, just need few more reviews
369 2020-03-19T19:05:39  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17737 | Add ChainstateManager, remove BlockManager global by jamesob · Pull Request #17737 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
370 2020-03-19T19:05:48  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17954 | wallet: Remove calls to Chain::Lock methods by ryanofsky · Pull Request #17954 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
371 2020-03-19T19:06:11  <MarcoFalke> Pretty much only bugfixes for 0.20 should be high prio right now (until end of month). Also refactors that are not risky can go in. Other than that, features have to wait
372 2020-03-19T19:06:20  <kanzure> hi
373 2020-03-19T19:06:42  <MarcoFalke> Features can be in high prio, but they can't be merged right now
374 2020-03-19T19:06:52  <ariard> Okay so maybe only #17954, that's a non-risky refacto?
375 2020-03-19T19:06:54  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: yes good point I guess, though on the other hand if people want to review features now that's ok, they just can't be merged until the split-off
376 2020-03-19T19:06:56  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17954 | wallet: Remove calls to Chain::Lock methods by ryanofsky · Pull Request #17954 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
377 2020-03-19T19:07:02  <wumpus> right
378 2020-03-19T19:07:21  <wumpus> wait,17954 is already on there?
379 2020-03-19T19:07:36  <MarcoFalke> It used to be on there
380 2020-03-19T19:07:45  <ariard> yes, it's already on high-prio, just raising awareness for reviewers
381 2020-03-19T19:07:47  <aj> yeah, both the ones ariard mentioned are on there?
382 2020-03-19T19:08:16  <wumpus> okay
383 2020-03-19T19:08:51  *** sazuly15 has quit IRC
384 2020-03-19T19:09:31  <wumpus> #topic PGP is dead (MarcoFalke)
385 2020-03-19T19:10:06  <MarcoFalke> So the pgp keyservers that syncronize against each other had a ton of publicly known DOS vectors
386 2020-03-19T19:10:27  <MarcoFalke> Last year they got attacked and to the best of my knowledge they are all disfunctional righ tnow
387 2020-03-19T19:10:27  *** nejon has quit IRC
388 2020-03-19T19:10:45  <MarcoFalke> (Bitcoin Core uses pgp to sign commits and releases)
389 2020-03-19T19:10:51  <wumpus> so we should start hosting our own public keys?
390 2020-03-19T19:11:05  <MarcoFalke> That sounds like a lot of pain
391 2020-03-19T19:11:10  <emilengler> MarcoFalke: Why
392 2020-03-19T19:11:15  <emilengler> Only updating might be hard
393 2020-03-19T19:11:25  <aj> just hosting a static keyring is pretty easy?
394 2020-03-19T19:11:31  <luke-jr> at least one was up a month ago..
395 2020-03-19T19:11:32  <MarcoFalke> The public keys are in constant flux (expiry bump, new sigs, ...)
396 2020-03-19T19:11:40  <MarcoFalke> aj: Doesn't work with expiry
397 2020-03-19T19:11:45  <cfields> anecodatal data: I fetched achow101's keys yesterday with no trouble.
398 2020-03-19T19:11:57  <MarcoFalke> Can you fetch mine?
399 2020-03-19T19:12:06  *** sipa2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
400 2020-03-19T19:12:09  *** nejon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
401 2020-03-19T19:12:12  <MarcoFalke> With the latest expiry dates?
402 2020-03-19T19:12:24  <emilengler> In the docs keyserver.ubuntu.com is provided as the only keyserver that is used AFAIK
403 2020-03-19T19:12:32  <emilengler> Therefore keys should be at least up to date on that keyserver
404 2020-03-19T19:12:41  <wumpus> I could fetch your new expiration date key a while ago, yes
405 2020-03-19T19:12:57  <luke-jr> gpg: key BD02942421F4889F: public key "Luke Dashjr <luke@dashjr.org>" imported
406 2020-03-19T19:13:17  <luke-jr> gpg: key 3648A882F4316B9B: public key "Marco Falke <marco.falke@tum.de>" imported
407 2020-03-19T19:13:33  <achow101> I haven't had any issues pushing to or fetching from keyservers in the past few months
408 2020-03-19T19:13:36  <luke-jr> looks expired, but that just means ou need to update it
409 2020-03-19T19:13:52  <achow101> had to push recently to update my key expriation, and fetch recently for new gitian builder keys
410 2020-03-19T19:13:58  <wumpus> also travis constantly fetches the keys IIRC and that works fine for checking merge commits
411 2020-03-19T19:14:19  <MarcoFalke> wumpus: It doesn't . The check fails
412 2020-03-19T19:14:20  *** sipa has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
413 2020-03-19T19:14:26  <wumpus> oh, okay
414 2020-03-19T19:14:45  <cfields> MarcoFalke: ok, fair point, seems to not be working today.
415 2020-03-19T19:14:52  <wumpus> did you push your key to the ubuntu server after changing the expiration date?
416 2020-03-19T19:15:07  <sipa> can someone send me the log i missed?
417 2020-03-19T19:15:17  <MarcoFalke> I can't push it anymore
418 2020-03-19T19:15:20  <luke-jr> sipa: see topic?
419 2020-03-19T19:15:25  <MarcoFalke> Has anyone seen this: https://keys.openpgp.org/about/news#2019-06-12-launch
420 2020-03-19T19:15:25  *** sipa2 has quit IRC
421 2020-03-19T19:15:27  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/2019 | update bitcoinstrings.cpp and bitcoin_en.ts by Diapolo · Pull Request #2019 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
422 2020-03-19T19:15:31  <MarcoFalke> It seems a response to the DOS attacks
423 2020-03-19T19:15:51  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: that's about openpgp's keyserver, not ubuntu's
424 2020-03-19T19:15:55  <wumpus> sipa: sure min
425 2020-03-19T19:15:58  <MarcoFalke> Their idea is that you need to click a link in your email if you want to add a pgp user-id
426 2020-03-19T19:16:10  <MarcoFalke> So I think they solved the DOS issue
427 2020-03-19T19:16:24  <MarcoFalke> And the backend is written in rust, called hagrid
428 2020-03-19T19:16:51  <MarcoFalke> I could upload my key to them, so I'd suggest to use them as backup server
429 2020-03-19T19:17:31  *** ghost43_ has quit IRC
430 2020-03-19T19:17:47  <MarcoFalke> fyi https://gitlab.com/hagrid-keyserver/hagrid
431 2020-03-19T19:18:24  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
432 2020-03-19T19:18:57  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
433 2020-03-19T19:18:57  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #18385: contrib: Add keys.openpgp.org as backup server (master...2003-contribPGPBackupServer) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18385
434 2020-03-19T19:19:00  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
435 2020-03-19T19:19:23  <wumpus> sipa: https://0bin.net/paste/13Am+SmhBjfvE4Sc#Dv2VoZfkzSFyIrzjX2flur+BJ31gPWQ9HjHPRlA688i
436 2020-03-19T19:19:28  <sipa> thanks
437 2020-03-19T19:19:44  <MarcoFalke> An alternative solution is keybase, but they require an account
438 2020-03-19T19:19:46  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: adding a backup server SGTM
439 2020-03-19T19:20:03  <sipa> MarcoFalke: i'd be very sad if we need to rely on a shitcoin-promoting system like that...
440 2020-03-19T19:20:07  <achow101> MarcoFalke: do they sync with the other keyservers? or does everyone need to upload their keys again
441 2020-03-19T19:20:12  <MarcoFalke> sipa: Me too
442 2020-03-19T19:20:25  <luke-jr> where's the altcoin promotion? :x
443 2020-03-19T19:20:28  <MarcoFalke> achow101: They don't sync, which is the only downside
444 2020-03-19T19:20:35  <cfields> Ideally c-i's would run their own keyservers as caches, similar to debian/ubuntu packages.
445 2020-03-19T19:20:39  <MarcoFalke> achow101: Because of the verify step by email
446 2020-03-19T19:20:57  <luke-jr> MarcoFalke: sounds like a pretty big downside :x
447 2020-03-19T19:21:37  <cfields> ah, it's some handwavy email identity-based-encryption thingy?
448 2020-03-19T19:21:54  <MarcoFalke> luke-jr: At least they are not DOSable
449 2020-03-19T19:22:26  <luke-jr> everything is DOSable
450 2020-03-19T19:22:39  <sipa> apparently the old gpg server code that was used was written in OCaml, with nobody knowing how it worked...
451 2020-03-19T19:22:44  <MarcoFalke> in the same sense that the historic infrastructure was DOSable
452 2020-03-19T19:23:32  <luke-jr> sipa: the annoying bits are the GDPR stuff
453 2020-03-19T19:23:43  <MarcoFalke> The new one seems at least maintained
454 2020-03-19T19:23:44  <luke-jr> which I doubt is actually compliant
455 2020-03-19T19:24:00  <emilengler> why can't we host/mirror the keys at bitcoincore.org
456 2020-03-19T19:24:13  <wumpus> emilengler:too much work to maintain it
457 2020-03-19T19:24:24  <MarcoFalke> emilengler: They need to be updated all the time
458 2020-03-19T19:25:06  <luke-jr> emilengler: what's the gain?
459 2020-03-19T19:25:11  <wumpus> (at least for all the gitian keys; just a keyring with the maintainer keys wouldn't be too bad)
460 2020-03-19T19:25:25  <luke-jr> non-sync bitcoincore.org key hosting isn't much better than non-sync keys.openpgp.org ?
461 2020-03-19T19:25:40  <emilengler> luke-jr: We could directly manage it if it gets down or something
462 2020-03-19T19:25:58  <luke-jr> then just point a DNS record at random third-party servers for now?
463 2020-03-19T19:26:09  <luke-jr> keys.bitcoincore.org CNAME ubuntu domain
464 2020-03-19T19:26:20  <luke-jr> and if that's down for a long while, we can point it elsewhere
465 2020-03-19T19:26:44  <emilengler> that's a cool idea
466 2020-03-19T19:27:37  <wumpus> it could be changed faster than the keyserver in the repository at least (esp all the branches)
467 2020-03-19T19:27:49  <cfields> That shifts control from submitting a pull request to pinging somebody personally...
468 2020-03-19T19:28:41  <cfields> Though I guess a cname could also always be changed with a pull request.
469 2020-03-19T19:29:01  <MarcoFalke> Ideally we wouldn't have to change anything
470 2020-03-19T19:30:04  <achow101> is there any keyserver software that can just sync/cache a whitelist of keys?
471 2020-03-19T19:30:06  <wumpus> ideally yes, maybe it's a temporary problem and we can get the ubuntu keyserver to accept pushes again somehow
472 2020-03-19T19:30:51  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
473 2020-03-19T19:31:00  <wumpus> I understand if they want to protect against DoS but it can't be intentional to not allow updates at all anymore
474 2020-03-19T19:32:50  <wumpus> https://keyserver.ubuntu.com/  also has a form to submit keys through the web interface FWIW
475 2020-03-19T19:33:06  <sipa> and does that interface work?
476 2020-03-19T19:33:08  <MarcoFalke> That failed for me
477 2020-03-19T19:33:12  <MarcoFalke> Would people (or maybe maintainers) object if I upload the keys to keys.openpgp.org as a backup and then request a confirmation email on their behalf?
478 2020-03-19T19:33:16  <wumpus> oh, you trid that too?
479 2020-03-19T19:34:05  <wumpus> no, of course not, though it's annoying that we have to keep changing keyservers, I don't think we've been using the ubuntu one for that long
480 2020-03-19T19:34:05  <MarcoFalke> jup
481 2020-03-19T19:34:52  <luke-jr> fine with me
482 2020-03-19T19:34:59  <cfields> Several folks offered to help out by "running a Hagrid server instance". We very much appreciate the offer, but we will probably never have an "open" federation model like SKS, where everyone can run an instance and become part of a "pool"
483 2020-03-19T19:35:08  <cfields> I don't understand what this is attempting to accomplish.
484 2020-03-19T19:35:10  <MarcoFalke> Yes, I changed to the ubuntu one last March, because the previous was down
485 2020-03-19T19:35:14  *** captjakk has quit IRC
486 2020-03-19T19:35:59  <MarcoFalke> cfields: There a no pools anymore, it is just one point/website for the keystorage
487 2020-03-19T19:36:06  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
488 2020-03-19T19:36:11  <wumpus> if the ubuntu keyserver isn't fixed, we're all going to have this problem when we need to update our key expiration
489 2020-03-19T19:37:07  <MarcoFalke> What's the number for the ubuntu keyserver costumer support?
490 2020-03-19T19:37:08  *** emilengler has quit IRC
491 2020-03-19T19:37:22  *** emilengler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
492 2020-03-19T19:37:47  <wumpus> their statistics still show updated keys https://keyserver.ubuntu.com/pks/lookup?op=stats
493 2020-03-19T19:38:21  <wumpus> oh wait there's a gap from 2020-01-06 to... today
494 2020-03-19T19:40:32  <wumpus> any other topics?
495 2020-03-19T19:41:03  <sipa> short question: are we in feature freeze now?
496 2020-03-19T19:41:13  <fanquake> Yea
497 2020-03-19T19:41:20  <wumpus> yes
498 2020-03-19T19:41:37  *** promag has quit IRC
499 2020-03-19T19:41:39  <sipa> ok!
500 2020-03-19T19:42:22  <wumpus> this is also marked in #17432 FWIW
501 2020-03-19T19:42:23  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17432 | Release schedule for 0.20.0 · Issue #17432 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
502 2020-03-19T19:42:52  <fanquake> Guess we should move the release notes to the wiki soon as well
503 2020-03-19T19:43:26  <wumpus> good idea!
504 2020-03-19T19:43:57  <wumpus> #endmeeting
505 2020-03-19T19:43:57  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Mar 19 19:43:57 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
506 2020-03-19T19:43:57  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-03-19-19.00.html
507 2020-03-19T19:43:57  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-03-19-19.00.txt
508 2020-03-19T19:43:57  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-03-19-19.00.log.html
509 2020-03-19T19:44:03  *** vasild has quit IRC
510 2020-03-19T19:45:49  *** vasild has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
511 2020-03-19T19:46:37  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
512 2020-03-19T19:52:06  *** andrewtoth_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
513 2020-03-19T19:55:46  <wumpus> created wiki https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/0.20.0-Release-Notes-Draft
514 2020-03-19T19:57:44  <fanquake> wumpus: great
515 2020-03-19T19:58:12  *** andrewtoth_ has quit IRC
516 2020-03-19T19:59:08  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
517 2020-03-19T19:59:08  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj opened pull request #18386: doc: Temporary note that release notes should be edited in wiki (master...2020_03_relnot) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18386
518 2020-03-19T19:59:09  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
519 2020-03-19T20:12:15  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
520 2020-03-19T20:13:12  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
521 2020-03-19T20:13:16  *** Talkless has quit IRC
522 2020-03-19T20:15:30  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
523 2020-03-19T20:20:05  *** captjakk has quit IRC
524 2020-03-19T20:27:22  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
525 2020-03-19T20:27:22  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/312d27b11cea...5bf45fe2a964
526 2020-03-19T20:27:22  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b492684 Wladimir J. van der Laan: doc: Temporary note that release notes should be edited in wiki
527 2020-03-19T20:27:23  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5bf45fe MarcoFalke: Merge #18386: doc: Temporary note that release notes should be edited in w...
528 2020-03-19T20:27:25  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
529 2020-03-19T20:27:42  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
530 2020-03-19T20:27:42  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #18386: doc: Temporary note that release notes should be edited in wiki (master...2020_03_relnot) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18386
531 2020-03-19T20:27:45  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
532 2020-03-19T20:29:51  *** promag has quit IRC
533 2020-03-19T20:31:27  *** felixfoertsch has quit IRC
534 2020-03-19T20:31:48  *** felixfoertsch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
535 2020-03-19T20:37:46  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
536 2020-03-19T20:42:22  *** andrewtoth_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
537 2020-03-19T20:46:54  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
538 2020-03-19T20:46:54  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jnewbery reopened pull request #17562: WIP: Validation: Remove ConnectTrace and PerBlockConnectTrace (master...2019-11-remove-connect-trace) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17562
539 2020-03-19T20:46:55  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
540 2020-03-19T20:47:16  *** promag has quit IRC
541 2020-03-19T20:48:12  *** luke-jr has quit IRC
542 2020-03-19T20:50:51  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
543 2020-03-19T20:51:04  *** luke-jr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
544 2020-03-19T20:55:11  *** manantial has quit IRC
545 2020-03-19T20:58:50  *** owowo has quit IRC
546 2020-03-19T20:58:52  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
547 2020-03-19T21:00:02  *** neutraltc has quit IRC
548 2020-03-19T21:01:38  *** emilengler has quit IRC
549 2020-03-19T21:01:44  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
550 2020-03-19T21:01:51  *** emilengler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
551 2020-03-19T21:02:23  *** promag has quit IRC
552 2020-03-19T21:04:03  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
553 2020-03-19T21:04:28  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
554 2020-03-19T21:04:28  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
555 2020-03-19T21:05:56  *** promag has quit IRC
556 2020-03-19T21:10:10  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
557 2020-03-19T21:12:21  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
558 2020-03-19T21:17:02  *** captjakk has quit IRC
559 2020-03-19T21:17:22  *** promag has quit IRC
560 2020-03-19T21:21:15  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
561 2020-03-19T21:22:05  *** ashepelev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
562 2020-03-19T21:24:29  *** promag has quit IRC
563 2020-03-19T21:24:42  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
564 2020-03-19T21:25:46  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
565 2020-03-19T21:26:22  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
566 2020-03-19T21:26:43  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
567 2020-03-19T21:28:57  *** emilengler has quit IRC
568 2020-03-19T21:30:22  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
569 2020-03-19T21:30:22  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #17562: WIP: Validation: Remove ConnectTrace and PerBlockConnectTrace (master...2019-11-remove-connect-trace) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17562
570 2020-03-19T21:30:23  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
571 2020-03-19T21:30:41  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
572 2020-03-19T21:30:41  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke reopened pull request #17562: WIP: Validation: Remove ConnectTrace and PerBlockConnectTrace (master...2019-11-remove-connect-trace) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17562
573 2020-03-19T21:30:42  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
574 2020-03-19T21:31:46  *** jarthur_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
575 2020-03-19T21:32:28  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
576 2020-03-19T21:32:28  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #17562: WIP: Validation: Remove ConnectTrace and PerBlockConnectTrace (master...2019-11-remove-connect-trace) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17562
577 2020-03-19T21:32:29  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
578 2020-03-19T21:32:43  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
579 2020-03-19T21:32:43  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke reopened pull request #17562: WIP: Validation: Remove ConnectTrace and PerBlockConnectTrace (master...2019-11-remove-connect-trace) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17562
580 2020-03-19T21:32:44  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
581 2020-03-19T21:34:18  *** jarthur has quit IRC
582 2020-03-19T21:37:21  *** timothy has quit IRC
583 2020-03-19T21:45:06  *** promag has quit IRC
584 2020-03-19T21:46:13  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
585 2020-03-19T21:46:27  *** promag has quit IRC
586 2020-03-19T21:47:41  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
587 2020-03-19T21:54:07  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
588 2020-03-19T21:55:13  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
589 2020-03-19T21:55:13  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #18387: qt: Fix segfault for loading and immediately unloading wallet (master...20200319-fix-modelwallet-segfault) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18387
590 2020-03-19T21:55:14  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
591 2020-03-19T22:03:35  *** promag has quit IRC
592 2020-03-19T22:20:23  *** MrSquanchee has quit IRC
593 2020-03-19T22:25:57  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
594 2020-03-19T22:31:08  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
595 2020-03-19T22:47:24  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
596 2020-03-19T22:51:33  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
597 2020-03-19T22:56:09  *** apaval has quit IRC
598 2020-03-19T22:56:28  *** apaval_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
599 2020-03-19T22:57:20  *** emilengler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
600 2020-03-19T22:58:01  *** emilengler has quit IRC
601 2020-03-19T22:59:28  *** emilengler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
602 2020-03-19T22:59:41  *** emilengler has quit IRC
603 2020-03-19T23:00:01  *** apaval_ has quit IRC
604 2020-03-19T23:00:20  *** apaval_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
605 2020-03-19T23:00:52  *** apaval_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
606 2020-03-19T23:02:17  *** apaval_ has quit IRC
607 2020-03-19T23:02:35  *** apaval has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
608 2020-03-19T23:03:43  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
609 2020-03-19T23:04:57  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
610 2020-03-19T23:05:20  *** captjakk has quit IRC
611 2020-03-19T23:05:55  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
612 2020-03-19T23:06:22  *** captjakk has quit IRC
613 2020-03-19T23:06:36  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
614 2020-03-19T23:07:02  *** captjakk_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
615 2020-03-19T23:07:41  *** emilengler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
616 2020-03-19T23:08:28  *** captjakk_ has quit IRC
617 2020-03-19T23:17:07  *** filchef has quit IRC
618 2020-03-19T23:25:58  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
619 2020-03-19T23:25:58  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa opened pull request #18388: Make VerifyWitnessProgram use a Span stack (master...202003_span_witstack) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18388
620 2020-03-19T23:25:59  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
621 2020-03-19T23:46:01  <fanquake> wumpus / sipa can you block bee22193
622 2020-03-19T23:46:44  <sipa> fanquake: on it
623 2020-03-19T23:47:19  <sipa> done
624 2020-03-19T23:47:28  <fanquake> sipa: thanks
625 2020-03-19T23:48:30  <sipa> fanquake: entering his spam into google translate gives some disturbind results
626 2020-03-19T23:48:59  <fanquake> Yea I had a quick look
627 2020-03-19T23:51:55  <ysangkok> nickler: are you planning to change the musig API a lot?
628 2020-03-19T23:52:53  *** marcoagner has quit IRC
629 2020-03-19T23:57:46  *** baldur has quit IRC