1 2020-03-26T00:00:01  *** kutio has quit IRC
  2 2020-03-26T00:04:54  *** gleb1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  3 2020-03-26T00:06:31  *** gleb has quit IRC
  4 2020-03-26T00:07:33  *** gleb has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  5 2020-03-26T00:09:50  *** gleb1 has quit IRC
  6 2020-03-26T00:20:10  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  7 2020-03-26T00:22:07  *** zigapeda1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  8 2020-03-26T00:32:03  *** jonatack_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  9 2020-03-26T00:34:54  *** jonatack has quit IRC
 10 2020-03-26T00:41:30  *** seddd has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 11 2020-03-26T00:50:47  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 12 2020-03-26T00:56:01  *** afk11` is now known as afk11
 13 2020-03-26T00:59:18  *** Krellan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 14 2020-03-26T01:23:46  *** Krellan_ has quit IRC
 15 2020-03-26T01:39:49  *** vasild has quit IRC
 16 2020-03-26T01:39:59  *** vasild has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 17 2020-03-26T01:44:43  *** captjakk_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 18 2020-03-26T01:45:14  *** captjakk has quit IRC
 19 2020-03-26T01:49:43  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
 20 2020-03-26T01:50:08  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 21 2020-03-26T01:52:01  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 22 2020-03-26T01:52:01  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] pierreN opened pull request #18433: serialization: prevent int overflow for big Coin::nHeight (master...fix-coin-serialize) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18433
 23 2020-03-26T01:52:02  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 24 2020-03-26T01:52:31  *** seddd has quit IRC
 25 2020-03-26T01:53:05  *** seddd has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 26 2020-03-26T01:54:16  *** seddd has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 27 2020-03-26T01:54:25  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
 28 2020-03-26T01:54:26  *** Highway62 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 29 2020-03-26T01:54:30  *** apaval has quit IRC
 30 2020-03-26T01:54:49  *** apaval has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 31 2020-03-26T01:56:47  *** Highway62 is now known as Highway61
 32 2020-03-26T02:08:20  *** emilengler has quit IRC
 33 2020-03-26T02:36:02  *** DeanGuss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 34 2020-03-26T02:39:02  *** catstack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 35 2020-03-26T02:47:40  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 36 2020-03-26T02:50:42  *** catstack has quit IRC
 37 2020-03-26T03:00:01  *** zigapeda1 has quit IRC
 38 2020-03-26T03:15:10  *** DeanGuss has quit IRC
 39 2020-03-26T03:20:34  *** xrogaan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 40 2020-03-26T03:20:58  *** xrogaan is now known as Guest46948
 41 2020-03-26T03:21:05  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 42 2020-03-26T03:23:12  *** DeanGuss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 43 2020-03-26T03:32:37  *** felixfoertsch has quit IRC
 44 2020-03-26T03:32:47  *** felixfoertsch23 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 45 2020-03-26T03:52:36  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 46 2020-03-26T03:52:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #18434: tests: add a test-security target and run it in CI (master...run_security_check_ci) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18434
 47 2020-03-26T03:52:37  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 48 2020-03-26T04:03:38  *** guest534543 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 49 2020-03-26T04:03:44  *** Krellan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 50 2020-03-26T04:03:54  *** Kiminuo has quit IRC
 51 2020-03-26T04:10:03  *** Krellan_ has quit IRC
 52 2020-03-26T04:30:49  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 53 2020-03-26T04:37:34  *** ddustin has quit IRC
 54 2020-03-26T04:40:07  *** DeanGuss has quit IRC
 55 2020-03-26T04:40:07  *** andrewtoth_ has quit IRC
 56 2020-03-26T04:40:07  *** SiAnDoG__ has quit IRC
 57 2020-03-26T04:40:07  *** kristapsk has quit IRC
 58 2020-03-26T04:40:23  *** kristapsk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 59 2020-03-26T04:40:24  *** SiAnDoG__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 60 2020-03-26T04:40:25  *** andrewtoth_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 61 2020-03-26T04:40:25  *** DeanGuss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 62 2020-03-26T04:49:11  *** DeanGuss has quit IRC
 63 2020-03-26T05:18:18  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 64 2020-03-26T05:49:14  *** apaval has quit IRC
 65 2020-03-26T05:51:49  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 66 2020-03-26T05:55:55  *** Talkless has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 67 2020-03-26T06:00:01  *** Guest46948 has quit IRC
 68 2020-03-26T06:06:28  *** Krellan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 69 2020-03-26T06:18:22  *** luke-jr has quit IRC
 70 2020-03-26T06:20:14  *** luke-jr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 71 2020-03-26T06:21:53  *** mYk1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 72 2020-03-26T06:24:20  *** guest534543 has quit IRC
 73 2020-03-26T06:40:01  *** apaval has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 74 2020-03-26T06:40:25  *** Krellan_ has quit IRC
 75 2020-03-26T07:11:16  *** kcalvinalvinn has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 76 2020-03-26T07:12:03  *** kcalvinalvin has quit IRC
 77 2020-03-26T07:15:03  *** kcalvinalvinn has quit IRC
 78 2020-03-26T07:28:24  *** luke-jr has quit IRC
 79 2020-03-26T07:28:25  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 80 2020-03-26T07:29:19  *** luke-jr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 81 2020-03-26T07:40:55  *** vasild_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 82 2020-03-26T07:44:23  *** vasild has quit IRC
 83 2020-03-26T07:44:24  *** vasild_ is now known as vasild
 84 2020-03-26T07:48:49  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 85 2020-03-26T08:00:57  *** dviola has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 86 2020-03-26T08:03:09  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
 87 2020-03-26T08:03:14  *** Highway62 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 88 2020-03-26T08:05:35  *** Highway62 is now known as Highway61
 89 2020-03-26T08:05:47  *** apaval has quit IRC
 90 2020-03-26T08:06:25  *** trotski2000_ has quit IRC
 91 2020-03-26T08:06:25  *** real_or_random has quit IRC
 92 2020-03-26T08:06:25  *** someone235 has quit IRC
 93 2020-03-26T08:06:25  *** yancy has quit IRC
 94 2020-03-26T08:06:27  *** midnight has quit IRC
 95 2020-03-26T08:06:28  *** jkczyz has quit IRC
 96 2020-03-26T08:06:28  *** moneyball has quit IRC
 97 2020-03-26T08:06:28  *** neatnik has quit IRC
 98 2020-03-26T08:06:28  *** jamesob has quit IRC
 99 2020-03-26T08:06:29  *** kinlo has quit IRC
100 2020-03-26T08:06:29  *** GoldmanSats has quit IRC
101 2020-03-26T08:06:29  *** hadjiszs has quit IRC
102 2020-03-26T08:06:32  *** hadjiszs has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
103 2020-03-26T08:06:39  *** GoldmanSats has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
104 2020-03-26T08:06:41  *** yancy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
105 2020-03-26T08:06:47  *** moneyball has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
106 2020-03-26T08:06:52  *** jamesob has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
107 2020-03-26T08:06:54  *** someone235 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
108 2020-03-26T08:06:54  *** jkczyz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
109 2020-03-26T08:06:56  *** trotski2000_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
110 2020-03-26T08:07:00  *** neatnik has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
111 2020-03-26T08:07:25  *** someone235 has quit IRC
112 2020-03-26T08:07:25  *** someone235 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
113 2020-03-26T08:07:25  *** someone235 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
114 2020-03-26T08:07:50  <aj> fjahr: you writing a test for wtxid relay already?
115 2020-03-26T08:08:07  *** real_or_random has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
116 2020-03-26T08:08:11  *** kinlo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
117 2020-03-26T08:15:46  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
118 2020-03-26T08:16:16  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
119 2020-03-26T08:17:00  *** apaval_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
120 2020-03-26T08:22:52  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
121 2020-03-26T08:22:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/2e97d8001705...d8ce27ff9f80
122 2020-03-26T08:22:54  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f709ad0 Hennadii Stepanov: build: Fix libevent linking for bench_bitcoin binary
123 2020-03-26T08:22:54  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master cd04286 Hennadii Stepanov: build: Fix typo in EVENT_CFLAGS variable
124 2020-03-26T08:22:55  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d8ce27f fanquake: Merge #18397: build: Fix libevent linking for bench_bitcoin binary
125 2020-03-26T08:22:57  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
126 2020-03-26T08:23:12  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
127 2020-03-26T08:23:12  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #18397: build: Fix libevent linking for bench_bitcoin binary  (master...20200321-libevent) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18397
128 2020-03-26T08:23:13  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
129 2020-03-26T08:23:51  *** apaval_ has quit IRC
130 2020-03-26T08:24:13  *** apaval_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
131 2020-03-26T08:31:26  *** Krellan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
132 2020-03-26T08:36:08  *** Krellan_ has quit IRC
133 2020-03-26T08:45:04  *** Kiminuo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
134 2020-03-26T08:46:14  *** manantial has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
135 2020-03-26T08:57:33  *** apaval_ has quit IRC
136 2020-03-26T08:57:53  *** apaval_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
137 2020-03-26T08:58:21  *** seddd has quit IRC
138 2020-03-26T09:00:02  *** mYk1 has quit IRC
139 2020-03-26T09:04:12  *** kristapsk has quit IRC
140 2020-03-26T09:04:36  *** kristapsk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
141 2020-03-26T09:05:02  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
142 2020-03-26T09:05:02  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #18436: [WIP] [do not merge] ci: Fix brew in Travis (master...20200326-travis-brew) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18436
143 2020-03-26T09:05:04  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
144 2020-03-26T09:16:19  <hebasto> fanquake: it seems #18436 fixes macos native build on travis, but not sure if this is the best approach: it reverts changes of previous bugfix
145 2020-03-26T09:16:21  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18436 | ci: Fix brew in Travis by hebasto · Pull Request #18436 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
146 2020-03-26T09:18:09  <fanquake> hebasto: is whatever the previous bugfix fixed still relevant?
147 2020-03-26T09:18:28  <hebasto> not sure
148 2020-03-26T09:19:16  <fanquake> Might also be worth looking at using "update: true" and a package list in travis.yml rather than all the custom logic we seem to have to update homebrew.
149 2020-03-26T09:19:33  <fanquake> i.e https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/installing-dependencies#installing-packages-on-macos
150 2020-03-26T09:20:38  <hebasto> I'll look into it.
151 2020-03-26T09:20:54  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
152 2020-03-26T09:20:55  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/d8ce27ff9f80...e99ca783cd2d
153 2020-03-26T09:20:55  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1f97b69 Harris: build: remove double LIBBITCOIN_SERVER from bench-Makefile
154 2020-03-26T09:20:56  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e99ca78 fanquake: Merge #18429: build: remove double LIBBITCOIN_SERVER from bench-Makefile
155 2020-03-26T09:20:57  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
156 2020-03-26T09:21:14  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
157 2020-03-26T09:21:15  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #18429: build: remove double LIBBITCOIN_SERVER from bench-Makefile (master...bench-makefile) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18429
158 2020-03-26T09:21:15  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
159 2020-03-26T09:21:48  *** marcoagner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
160 2020-03-26T09:22:11  *** yost3d has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
161 2020-03-26T09:25:14  *** _andrewtoth_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
162 2020-03-26T09:26:23  *** andrewtoth_ has quit IRC
163 2020-03-26T09:28:25  *** yost3d has quit IRC
164 2020-03-26T09:36:33  *** sonofhan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
165 2020-03-26T09:37:01  *** sonofhan has quit IRC
166 2020-03-26T09:40:29  *** sonofhan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
167 2020-03-26T09:41:09  *** sonofhan has quit IRC
168 2020-03-26T09:52:49  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
169 2020-03-26T09:57:23  *** vite1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
170 2020-03-26T10:00:08  *** promag__ has quit IRC
171 2020-03-26T10:02:01  *** owowo has quit IRC
172 2020-03-26T10:07:07  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
173 2020-03-26T10:08:03  *** emilengler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
174 2020-03-26T10:10:45  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
175 2020-03-26T10:10:47  *** timothy has quit IRC
176 2020-03-26T10:17:19  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
177 2020-03-26T10:18:49  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
178 2020-03-26T10:18:49  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] vasild opened pull request #18437: util: Detect posix_fallocate() instead of assuming (master...posix_fallocate) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18437
179 2020-03-26T10:18:58  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
180 2020-03-26T10:20:12  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
181 2020-03-26T10:23:42  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
182 2020-03-26T10:31:15  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
183 2020-03-26T10:31:15  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #18438: [WIP] ci: Use Homebrew addon on native macOS (master...20200326-brew-addon) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18438
184 2020-03-26T10:31:17  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
185 2020-03-26T10:32:09  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
186 2020-03-26T10:33:23  <fanquake> hebasto: can you close the original PR, or combine the new changes into it
187 2020-03-26T10:33:34  *** Krellan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
188 2020-03-26T10:38:32  *** Krellan_ has quit IRC
189 2020-03-26T10:40:09  <hebasto> fanquake: sure, just after tests pass, if you don't mind
190 2020-03-26T10:40:40  <fanquake> sure
191 2020-03-26T10:47:54  *** jonatack_ has quit IRC
192 2020-03-26T10:48:15  *** dviola has quit IRC
193 2020-03-26T10:48:30  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
194 2020-03-26T10:48:49  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
195 2020-03-26T10:52:17  *** jonatack_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
196 2020-03-26T10:53:30  <hebasto> fanquake: brew reports that libtool, boost, qt and python3 are skipping to install as they are up-to-date. Should we still explicitly tell Travis to install them?
197 2020-03-26T10:54:24  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
198 2020-03-26T10:55:10  <fanquake> I don’t think that’s necessary. If they are up to date, and Travis is checks each run that should be fine.
199 2020-03-26T10:56:04  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
200 2020-03-26T11:03:07  <hebasto> it seems we need make travis to log versions of the packages that are skipped by homebrew...
201 2020-03-26T11:03:49  *** hkjn0 has quit IRC
202 2020-03-26T11:04:02  *** Lavina66Ortiz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
203 2020-03-26T11:04:21  *** kristapsk has quit IRC
204 2020-03-26T11:04:21  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
205 2020-03-26T11:04:21  *** vasild has quit IRC
206 2020-03-26T11:04:21  *** _andrewtoth_ has quit IRC
207 2020-03-26T11:04:21  *** sipa has quit IRC
208 2020-03-26T11:04:21  *** alec has quit IRC
209 2020-03-26T11:04:21  *** afk11 has quit IRC
210 2020-03-26T11:04:21  *** morcos has quit IRC
211 2020-03-26T11:04:21  *** braydonf has quit IRC
212 2020-03-26T11:04:21  *** sdaftuar has quit IRC
213 2020-03-26T11:04:21  *** mryandao has quit IRC
214 2020-03-26T11:04:58  *** afk11 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
215 2020-03-26T11:05:17  *** sdaftuar has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
216 2020-03-26T11:05:36  *** mryandao has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
217 2020-03-26T11:07:32  *** Guyver2_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
218 2020-03-26T11:07:43  <hebasto> fanquake: on macOS python's "zmq" and homebrew's "zmq" do the same things? or python package for tests only?
219 2020-03-26T11:08:56  *** Lavina66Ortiz has quit IRC
220 2020-03-26T11:08:56  *** hkjn0 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
221 2020-03-26T11:09:02  <fanquake> The python package is just for tests
222 2020-03-26T11:11:02  *** sipa has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
223 2020-03-26T11:11:18  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
224 2020-03-26T11:14:33  *** alec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
225 2020-03-26T11:15:20  *** braydonf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
226 2020-03-26T11:20:12  *** morcos has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
227 2020-03-26T11:20:15  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
228 2020-03-26T11:24:10  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
229 2020-03-26T11:24:34  *** vasild has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
230 2020-03-26T11:24:36  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
231 2020-03-26T11:25:31  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
232 2020-03-26T11:26:18  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
233 2020-03-26T11:33:35  *** alec has quit IRC
234 2020-03-26T11:33:46  *** alec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
235 2020-03-26T11:33:59  <hebasto> fanquake: 18438 is ready to review
236 2020-03-26T11:45:06  *** luke-jr has quit IRC
237 2020-03-26T11:45:32  *** luke-jr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
238 2020-03-26T11:46:03  *** vasild has quit IRC
239 2020-03-26T11:49:20  *** felixfoertsch23 has quit IRC
240 2020-03-26T11:53:04  *** vasild has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
241 2020-03-26T11:55:27  *** felixfoertsch has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
242 2020-03-26T11:59:15  *** trotski2000_ has quit IRC
243 2020-03-26T12:00:02  *** vite1 has quit IRC
244 2020-03-26T12:02:47  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
245 2020-03-26T12:03:13  <fanquake> hebasto: thanks, will take a look
246 2020-03-26T12:03:45  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
247 2020-03-26T12:22:09  *** tsdgeos1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
248 2020-03-26T12:22:33  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
249 2020-03-26T12:22:49  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
250 2020-03-26T12:28:55  *** alec has quit IRC
251 2020-03-26T12:29:22  *** alec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
252 2020-03-26T12:34:03  *** BamBaRay36 has quit IRC
253 2020-03-26T12:34:56  *** Krellan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
254 2020-03-26T12:37:08  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
255 2020-03-26T12:37:08  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto closed pull request #18436: ci: Fix brew in Travis (master...20200326-travis-brew) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18436
256 2020-03-26T12:37:09  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
257 2020-03-26T12:42:18  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
258 2020-03-26T12:43:41  *** Guyver2_ has quit IRC
259 2020-03-26T12:44:44  *** braydonf has quit IRC
260 2020-03-26T12:45:09  *** braydonf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
261 2020-03-26T12:50:17  *** guest534543 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
262 2020-03-26T12:50:48  *** sipa has quit IRC
263 2020-03-26T12:51:00  *** sipa has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
264 2020-03-26T12:53:43  *** Kiminuo has quit IRC
265 2020-03-26T12:58:26  *** braydonf has quit IRC
266 2020-03-26T12:58:40  *** braydonf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
267 2020-03-26T13:00:45  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
268 2020-03-26T13:01:44  <fjahr> aj: yes, but got sidetracked before I could finish it. Let me try to push it today.
269 2020-03-26T13:01:46  *** Krellan_ has quit IRC
270 2020-03-26T13:10:20  *** kristapsk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
271 2020-03-26T13:12:12  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
272 2020-03-26T13:12:13  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/e99ca783cd2d...f3a91ab0edc7
273 2020-03-26T13:12:14  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 596c627 Hennadii Stepanov: ci: Fix brew in Travis
274 2020-03-26T13:12:15  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 25c8b73 Hennadii Stepanov: ci: Use Homebrew addon on native macOS
275 2020-03-26T13:12:15  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f3a91ab MarcoFalke: Merge #18438: ci: Use Homebrew addon on native macOS
276 2020-03-26T13:12:17  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
277 2020-03-26T13:12:32  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
278 2020-03-26T13:12:33  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #18438: ci: Use Homebrew addon on native macOS (master...20200326-brew-addon) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18438
279 2020-03-26T13:12:34  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
280 2020-03-26T13:15:12  <MarcoFalke> So ci should be fixed, but to re-run failed builds a close-reopen is needed :(
281 2020-03-26T13:15:41  * fanquake summons drahtbot
282 2020-03-26T13:30:32  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
283 2020-03-26T13:36:09  *** mdunnio_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
284 2020-03-26T13:38:58  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
285 2020-03-26T13:40:17  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
286 2020-03-26T14:01:23  <MarcoFalke> provoostenator: ^
287 2020-03-26T14:01:34  <MarcoFalke> instagibbs: ^
288 2020-03-26T14:01:36  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
289 2020-03-26T14:01:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #17509: gui: save and load PSBT (master...2019/11/gui-psbt-save) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17509
290 2020-03-26T14:01:37  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
291 2020-03-26T14:01:56  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
292 2020-03-26T14:01:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke reopened pull request #17509: gui: save and load PSBT (master...2019/11/gui-psbt-save) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17509
293 2020-03-26T14:01:57  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
294 2020-03-26T14:12:01  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
295 2020-03-26T14:12:01  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #15704: Move Win32 defines to configure.ac to ensure they are globally defined (master...win32_defines_globally) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15704
296 2020-03-26T14:12:02  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
297 2020-03-26T14:12:22  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
298 2020-03-26T14:12:22  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke reopened pull request #15704: Move Win32 defines to configure.ac to ensure they are globally defined (master...win32_defines_globally) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15704
299 2020-03-26T14:12:34  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
300 2020-03-26T14:15:35  *** theStack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
301 2020-03-26T14:16:12  *** CubicEarth has quit IRC
302 2020-03-26T14:18:54  *** CubicEarth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
303 2020-03-26T14:28:05  *** gkrizek0 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
304 2020-03-26T14:29:10  *** MasterdonX has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
305 2020-03-26T14:29:15  *** wullon has quit IRC
306 2020-03-26T14:29:30  *** wullon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
307 2020-03-26T14:29:38  *** masterdonx2 has quit IRC
308 2020-03-26T14:29:39  *** cornfeedhobo has quit IRC
309 2020-03-26T14:29:39  *** gkrizek has quit IRC
310 2020-03-26T14:29:39  *** gkrizek0 is now known as gkrizek
311 2020-03-26T14:30:03  *** gwillen has quit IRC
312 2020-03-26T14:30:14  *** berndj has quit IRC
313 2020-03-26T14:30:49  *** berndj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
314 2020-03-26T14:31:03  *** dongcarl has quit IRC
315 2020-03-26T14:31:05  *** gwillen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
316 2020-03-26T14:31:10  *** gwillen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
317 2020-03-26T14:40:36  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
318 2020-03-26T14:40:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #18439: doc: Add release notes for pr18331 (master...20200326-18331-notes) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18439
319 2020-03-26T14:40:37  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
320 2020-03-26T14:47:16  *** shesek has quit IRC
321 2020-03-26T14:47:31  *** cornfeedhobo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
322 2020-03-26T14:47:43  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
323 2020-03-26T14:52:26  *** shesek has quit IRC
324 2020-03-26T14:56:05  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
325 2020-03-26T14:56:05  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto closed pull request #18439: doc: Add release notes for pr18331 (master...20200326-18331-notes) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18439
326 2020-03-26T14:56:06  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
327 2020-03-26T14:56:18  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
328 2020-03-26T15:00:01  *** tsdgeos1 has quit IRC
329 2020-03-26T15:01:08  *** shesek has quit IRC
330 2020-03-26T15:04:48  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
331 2020-03-26T15:09:09  *** guest534543 has quit IRC
332 2020-03-26T15:09:21  *** shesek has quit IRC
333 2020-03-26T15:11:53  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
334 2020-03-26T15:12:44  *** owowo has quit IRC
335 2020-03-26T15:16:15  *** andrewtoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
336 2020-03-26T15:16:36  *** shesek has quit IRC
337 2020-03-26T15:17:03  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
338 2020-03-26T15:17:04  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
339 2020-03-26T15:20:22  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
340 2020-03-26T15:22:20  *** jtk1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
341 2020-03-26T15:25:18  *** shesek has quit IRC
342 2020-03-26T15:29:15  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
343 2020-03-26T15:34:00  *** shesek has quit IRC
344 2020-03-26T15:39:06  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
345 2020-03-26T15:39:26  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
346 2020-03-26T15:39:54  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
347 2020-03-26T15:44:38  *** shesek has quit IRC
348 2020-03-26T15:50:36  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
349 2020-03-26T15:55:16  *** shesek has quit IRC
350 2020-03-26T15:55:23  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
351 2020-03-26T15:55:23  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
352 2020-03-26T15:55:40  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
353 2020-03-26T15:56:36  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
354 2020-03-26T15:56:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/f3a91ab0edc7...23991ee53af2
355 2020-03-26T15:56:36  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d831831 Luke Dashjr: lockedpool: When possible, use madvise to avoid including sensitive inform...
356 2020-03-26T15:56:37  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 23991ee Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #15600: lockedpool: When possible, use madvise to avoid including se...
357 2020-03-26T15:56:39  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
358 2020-03-26T15:58:06  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
359 2020-03-26T15:58:06  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #15600: lockedpool: When possible, use madvise to avoid including sensitive information in core dumps (master...lockedpool_dontdump) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15600
360 2020-03-26T15:58:08  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
361 2020-03-26T15:58:55  <wumpus> is #16463 a feature?
362 2020-03-26T15:58:57  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16463 | [BIP 174] Implement serialization support for GLOBAL_XPUB field. by achow101 · Pull Request #16463 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
363 2020-03-26T15:59:11  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
364 2020-03-26T15:59:16  <wumpus> (if so it should probably be moved to 0.21)
365 2020-03-26T15:59:57  <wumpus> I'm not sure on a few things that are marked 0.20 tbh https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+milestone%3A0.20.0
366 2020-03-26T16:00:32  <wumpus> POWER support at leaast sounds  like a feature too, so does trying to keep connections through a restart
367 2020-03-26T16:03:58  *** shesek has quit IRC
368 2020-03-26T16:05:51  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
369 2020-03-26T16:08:04  <jonatack_> arguably not necessary for 0.20, but #18312 is code removal for a 0.19 deprecation
370 2020-03-26T16:08:07  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18312 | wallet: remove deprecated fee bumping by totalFee by jonatack · Pull Request #18312 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
371 2020-03-26T16:10:44  *** shesek has quit IRC
372 2020-03-26T16:12:51  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
373 2020-03-26T16:15:18  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
374 2020-03-26T16:16:36  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
375 2020-03-26T16:17:30  *** shesek has quit IRC
376 2020-03-26T16:19:43  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
377 2020-03-26T16:20:06  <achow101> wumpus: 16463 is a feature
378 2020-03-26T16:24:16  *** shesek has quit IRC
379 2020-03-26T16:26:09  <wumpus> achow101: thanks
380 2020-03-26T16:26:37  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
381 2020-03-26T16:27:02  <wumpus> jonatack_: nice cleanup
382 2020-03-26T16:31:31  *** shesek has quit IRC
383 2020-03-26T16:32:24  <jonatack_> wumpus: thanks
384 2020-03-26T16:33:44  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
385 2020-03-26T16:36:03  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
386 2020-03-26T16:36:04  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/23991ee53af2...94d3063c93b2
387 2020-03-26T16:36:04  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 41ff499 Sebastian Falbesoner: script: fix SCRIPT_ERR_SIG_PUSHONLY error string
388 2020-03-26T16:36:05  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 94d3063 MarcoFalke: Merge #18412: script: fix SCRIPT_ERR_SIG_PUSHONLY error string
389 2020-03-26T16:36:06  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
390 2020-03-26T16:36:24  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
391 2020-03-26T16:36:24  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #18412: script: fix SCRIPT_ERR_SIG_PUSHONLY error string (master...20200323-fix-script-err-sig-pushonly-error-message) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18412
392 2020-03-26T16:36:25  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
393 2020-03-26T16:38:17  *** shesek has quit IRC
394 2020-03-26T16:41:30  *** emilengler has quit IRC
395 2020-03-26T16:41:43  *** emilengler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
396 2020-03-26T16:42:49  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
397 2020-03-26T16:45:23  *** Krellan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
398 2020-03-26T16:47:28  *** shesek has quit IRC
399 2020-03-26T16:51:48  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
400 2020-03-26T16:53:20  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
401 2020-03-26T17:07:03  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
402 2020-03-26T17:07:04  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #18441: ci: Remove misplaced comments from folded block scalar (master...20200326-arm-yml) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18441
403 2020-03-26T17:07:07  *** jonatack_ has quit IRC
404 2020-03-26T17:07:15  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
405 2020-03-26T17:07:17  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
406 2020-03-26T17:11:04  *** SiAnDoG__ has quit IRC
407 2020-03-26T17:11:12  <luke-jr> wumpus: POWER support has no effect on non-POWER builds tho?
408 2020-03-26T17:12:47  *** mryandao has quit IRC
409 2020-03-26T17:13:17  *** mryandao has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
410 2020-03-26T17:23:21  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
411 2020-03-26T17:35:17  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
412 2020-03-26T17:35:17  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 6 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/94d3063c93b2...694f4cbd7853
413 2020-03-26T17:35:18  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a6d1ab8 Jon Atack: test: update bumpfee testing from totalFee to fee_rate
414 2020-03-26T17:35:18  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master bd05f96 Jon Atack: test: delete wallet_bumpfee_totalfee_deprecation.py
415 2020-03-26T17:35:19  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e347cfa Jon Atack: rpc: remove deprecated totalFee arg from RPC bumpfee
416 2020-03-26T17:35:20  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
417 2020-03-26T17:35:37  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
418 2020-03-26T17:35:37  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #18312: wallet: remove deprecated fee bumping by totalFee (master...rpc-bumpfee-remove-deprecated-totalFee) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18312
419 2020-03-26T17:35:39  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
420 2020-03-26T17:47:43  *** theStack has quit IRC
421 2020-03-26T17:49:26  *** Krellan_ has quit IRC
422 2020-03-26T17:49:42  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
423 2020-03-26T17:49:42  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #18323: cli: cleanup logic for HTTP error codes (master...nifty/http-nit) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18323
424 2020-03-26T17:49:44  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
425 2020-03-26T17:52:18  <wumpus> luke-jr: I guess that *should* be true, though there are some changes in that PR (like build system) that might potentially affect other platforms a bit. No strong opinion on including it or not for 0.20 though, given that it gathers enough ACKs
426 2020-03-26T17:56:23  *** Kiminuo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
427 2020-03-26T18:00:01  *** jtk1 has quit IRC
428 2020-03-26T18:00:11  <luke-jr> ah, right deps…
429 2020-03-26T18:03:44  *** timothy has quit IRC
430 2020-03-26T18:04:55  *** braydonf has quit IRC
431 2020-03-26T18:05:17  *** braydonf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
432 2020-03-26T18:06:29  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
433 2020-03-26T18:06:30  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/694f4cbd7853...7f9dedb22dcd
434 2020-03-26T18:06:30  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e41e46c Hennadii Stepanov: ci: Remove misplaced comments from folded block scalar
435 2020-03-26T18:06:31  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7f9dedb MarcoFalke: Merge #18441: ci: Remove misplaced comments from folded block scalar
436 2020-03-26T18:06:33  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
437 2020-03-26T18:06:49  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
438 2020-03-26T18:06:49  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #18441: ci: Remove misplaced comments from folded block scalar (master...20200326-arm-yml) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18441
439 2020-03-26T18:06:50  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
440 2020-03-26T18:15:31  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
441 2020-03-26T18:20:13  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
442 2020-03-26T18:21:46  *** ddustin has quit IRC
443 2020-03-26T18:23:23  *** andrewtoth has quit IRC
444 2020-03-26T18:30:16  *** jb55 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
445 2020-03-26T18:39:44  <jonasschnelli> #proposedmeetingtopic macOS notarization decision
446 2020-03-26T18:42:54  <luke-jr> jonasschnelli: remember meetings aren't for decisions :p
447 2020-03-26T18:43:14  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: decision for a direction? :-)
448 2020-03-26T18:44:01  <jonasschnelli> But yeah. Maybe we can call the proposed topic more an update on the consequences of notarization
449 2020-03-26T18:47:32  *** catstack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
450 2020-03-26T18:49:09  *** catstack has quit IRC
451 2020-03-26T18:49:12  *** filchef has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
452 2020-03-26T18:54:40  *** jarthur has quit IRC
453 2020-03-26T18:55:00  <instagibbs> #18388  has 6 ACKs
454 2020-03-26T18:55:03  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18388 | Make VerifyWitnessProgram use a Span stack by sipa · Pull Request #18388 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
455 2020-03-26T18:55:24  <wumpus> instagibbs: good to know
456 2020-03-26T18:56:28  *** othe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
457 2020-03-26T18:57:00  *** catstack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
458 2020-03-26T18:57:20  *** promag has quit IRC
459 2020-03-26T18:57:36  *** Krellan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
460 2020-03-26T18:57:47  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
461 2020-03-26T18:57:59  <luke-jr> hopefully we can avoid it need to rebase for a week :P
462 2020-03-26T18:58:00  <jonasschnelli> instagibbs: thanks. I guess that can be merged after the 0.20 split-off
463 2020-03-26T18:58:21  *** catstack has quit IRC
464 2020-03-26T18:58:28  <instagibbs> oh yeah that
465 2020-03-26T18:58:29  <jonasschnelli> Or wait. Is has the 0.20 milestone.
466 2020-03-26T18:58:37  <instagibbs> it's not a "Feature"
467 2020-03-26T18:58:39  <luke-jr> jonasschnelli: why?
468 2020-03-26T18:58:41  <instagibbs> I can't recall policy
469 2020-03-26T18:58:51  <luke-jr> instagibbs: refactors are even less backportable than features :P
470 2020-03-26T18:59:08  <instagibbs> luke-jr, i didn't say to backport?
471 2020-03-26T18:59:12  <luke-jr> is there a reason we don't branch at feature freeze?
472 2020-03-26T18:59:18  <jonasschnelli> is it a bugfix?
473 2020-03-26T18:59:24  <wumpus> I added the 0.20 milestone because it's ready for merge, it can go in for 0.20
474 2020-03-26T18:59:25  <instagibbs> just a refactor
475 2020-03-26T18:59:31  <luke-jr> instagibbs: after feature freeze, it's a backport to merge it, even if it doesn't require a new branch
476 2020-03-26T18:59:39  <wumpus> refactors can go in after the feature freeze
477 2020-03-26T18:59:52  <wumpus> only after the branch-off (~next week) it's bugfixes only
478 2020-03-26T19:00:08  <wumpus> #startmeeting
479 2020-03-26T19:00:08  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Mar 26 19:00:08 2020 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
480 2020-03-26T19:00:08  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
481 2020-03-26T19:00:10  <jnewbery> hi
482 2020-03-26T19:00:17  <emilengler> hi
483 2020-03-26T19:00:18  <sipsorcery> hi
484 2020-03-26T19:00:19  <promag> hi
485 2020-03-26T19:00:20  <achow101> hi
486 2020-03-26T19:00:20  <kanzure> hi
487 2020-03-26T19:00:23  <hebasto> hi
488 2020-03-26T19:00:31  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball kvaciral ariard digi_james amiti fjahr
489 2020-03-26T19:00:33  <wumpus> jeremyrubin lightlike emilengler jonatack hebasto jb55
490 2020-03-26T19:00:34  <luke-jr> ih
491 2020-03-26T19:00:41  <jonasschnelli> hi
492 2020-03-26T19:00:45  <fjahr> hi
493 2020-03-26T19:00:50  <luke-jr> wumpus: 3-15 says " (bug fixes only until release)"
494 2020-03-26T19:01:05  <amiti> hi
495 2020-03-26T19:01:05  <instagibbs> luke-jr, sorry link?
496 2020-03-26T19:01:10  <luke-jr> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17432
497 2020-03-26T19:01:25  <wumpus> I'm okay with merging that one before 0.20.0 anyhow
498 2020-03-26T19:01:38  * luke-jr shrugs
499 2020-03-26T19:02:06  *** Krellan_ has quit IRC
500 2020-03-26T19:02:24  <wumpus> one suggested meeting topic for today: macOS notarization decision (jonasschnelli)
501 2020-03-26T19:02:30  <promag> #18160 too? X)
502 2020-03-26T19:02:33  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18160 | gui: Avoid Wallet::GetBalance in WalletModel::pollBalanceChanged by promag · Pull Request #18160 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
503 2020-03-26T19:03:01  <wumpus> #topic High priority for review
504 2020-03-26T19:03:07  <jonatack> hi
505 2020-03-26T19:03:41  <jeremyrubin> hi
506 2020-03-26T19:03:59  <wumpus> promag: added 0.20 milestone
507 2020-03-26T19:04:03  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
508 2020-03-26T19:04:35  <wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8   8 blockers, 2 bugfixes, 6 chasing concept ACK
509 2020-03-26T19:05:23  <wumpus> alternatively, everything on the 0.20.0 milestone: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/milestones/0.20.0  (includes issues and PRs)
510 2020-03-26T19:05:57  <fjahr> maybe #18000 for chasing concept ACK? :)
511 2020-03-26T19:05:59  <promag> wumpus: ty, if Luke is ok with it ofc
512 2020-03-26T19:05:59  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18000 | Index for UTXO Set Statistics by fjahr · Pull Request #18000 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
513 2020-03-26T19:06:57  <luke-jr> promag: ?
514 2020-03-26T19:07:05  <wumpus> fjahr: added
515 2020-03-26T19:07:12  <fjahr> wumpus: ty
516 2020-03-26T19:08:17  <promag> luke-jr: because of bugfix only policy
517 2020-03-26T19:08:46  <wumpus> I think #17428 is too much  of a feature to still go in 0.20
518 2020-03-26T19:08:49  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17428 | p2p: Try to preserve outbound block-relay-only connections during restart by hebasto · Pull Request #17428 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
519 2020-03-26T19:09:12  <luke-jr> promag: IMO it matters a lot less before rc1
520 2020-03-26T19:09:21  <wumpus> but people may disagree on that
521 2020-03-26T19:10:11  <wumpus> anyone with an opinion whether preserve outbound should be in 0.20?
522 2020-03-26T19:11:15  <luke-jr> I haven't looked at it since it had that security issue; will look again after meeting
523 2020-03-26T19:11:28  <jonasschnelli> feature; missed the deadline. No need to rush it into 0.20?
524 2020-03-26T19:11:33  <wumpus> ok if not, I'm moving it to the 0.21
525 2020-03-26T19:11:39  <hebasto> agree
526 2020-03-26T19:12:03  *** promag has quit IRC
527 2020-03-26T19:12:54  <instagibbs> it's already in 0.19 so it's not a regression of any sort at least(IIRC)
528 2020-03-26T19:13:18  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
529 2020-03-26T19:13:28  <wumpus> right, it would have been nice to have, but agree it's not a good idea to rush it in
530 2020-03-26T19:13:48  <wumpus> it could be considered for backporting to 0.20.1 when it lands I guess
531 2020-03-26T19:14:46  <wumpus> #topic macOS notarization (jonasschnelli)
532 2020-03-26T19:14:54  <jonasschnelli> #18187
533 2020-03-26T19:14:57  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18187 | Add macOS notarization (including stapling) by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #18187 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
534 2020-03-26T19:15:23  <jonasschnelli> The problem is, when we do notarize the macOS versions, it creates a tcp check connection with apples servers
535 2020-03-26T19:15:30  <jonasschnelli> Which is kinda a no-go IMO
536 2020-03-26T19:15:57  <jonasschnelli> So the question is, do we want to help newby users by not needing to right-click-open the app, but reduce pricavy, ... or focus on higher provacy
537 2020-03-26T19:16:25  <jonasschnelli> I personally think preserving privacy has the higher focus right now
538 2020-03-26T19:16:40  <jonasschnelli> See this comment: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18187#issuecomment-592453829
539 2020-03-26T19:16:42  <wumpus> so it won't do the TCP check for notarization if it's not notarized?
540 2020-03-26T19:16:54  <jonasschnelli> Yes. It won't
541 2020-03-26T19:17:18  <jonasschnelli> (though you either have to right-click open the app or disable the security feature)
542 2020-03-26T19:17:26  <wumpus> I think I'd slightly prefer to err on the side of privacy then
543 2020-03-26T19:18:07  <jonasschnelli> I think it make sense to "deposit" the possibility to notarize until apple enforces it or users really demand it
544 2020-03-26T19:18:17  <achow101> I thought the notarization could be stapled which would prevent the phone home
545 2020-03-26T19:18:18  <luke-jr> I agree with wumpus
546 2020-03-26T19:18:29  <jonasschnelli> achow101: it still does
547 2020-03-26T19:18:33  <jonasschnelli> I tested it
548 2020-03-26T19:18:33  <luke-jr> achow101: apparently it still checks for revocations
549 2020-03-26T19:18:39  <achow101> that's a shame
550 2020-03-26T19:18:51  *** apaval_ has quit IRC
551 2020-03-26T19:19:09  *** apaval has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
552 2020-03-26T19:19:09  <jonasschnelli> achow101: With stapling, you can use it offline... but if you online, it still checks the validity
553 2020-03-26T19:19:24  <luke-jr> which isn't entirely unreasonable, but IMO should go over Tor if forced; but good luck convincing Apple
554 2020-03-26T19:19:47  <hebasto> could we maintain both versions?
555 2020-03-26T19:20:00  <luke-jr> hmm
556 2020-03-26T19:20:03  <cfields> Checking for revocations implies that it could be revoked by someone other than us. IMO that's reason enough.
557 2020-03-26T19:20:05  <jonasschnelli> We could... as long as the hashes are different...
558 2020-03-26T19:20:13  <jonasschnelli> but probably not worth it and will lead to more confusion
559 2020-03-26T19:20:20  <luke-jr> is there a benefit to having the signed-but-not-notarised variant at all?
560 2020-03-26T19:20:22  <wumpus> maintaining two versions sounds overkill to me
561 2020-03-26T19:20:31  <wumpus> it's not worth it for such a small thing
562 2020-03-26T19:20:38  <luke-jr> ie, can we just do unsigned and signed+notarised?
563 2020-03-26T19:20:40  <jonasschnelli> the "right-click-open" approach could be better communicated (release notes, or even in the DMG)
564 2020-03-26T19:20:43  <luke-jr> wumpus: we already have two versions really
565 2020-03-26T19:21:00  <luke-jr> jonasschnelli: it was in at least one rel notes, maybe restore that
566 2020-03-26T19:21:23  <wumpus> in general having mulitple choices for download confuses users
567 2020-03-26T19:21:30  <jonasschnelli> Best would be a note in the dmg.. but yeah. meh.
568 2020-03-26T19:21:36  <luke-jr> website could say right click thing too
569 2020-03-26T19:21:41  <wumpus> agreed
570 2020-03-26T19:21:54  <wumpus> mentioning it makes sense
571 2020-03-26T19:21:59  <luke-jr> ooh, how about having hte DMG background image say it?
572 2020-03-26T19:22:07  <jonasschnelli> yes. That.
573 2020-03-26T19:22:23  <luke-jr> if they right-click open in the DMG, does that fix single-click later after they copy?
574 2020-03-26T19:22:33  <jonasschnelli> Copy to /Application, 1. time start with "right click open"... (something like that in the .tiff)
575 2020-03-26T19:22:47  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: very unlikely
576 2020-03-26T19:22:55  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
577 2020-03-26T19:23:08  <luke-jr> jonasschnelli: does the signature do anything for us anymore?
578 2020-03-26T19:23:25  <cfields> don't you have to have the dmg already open to see the background? Implying that you've already right-clicked?
579 2020-03-26T19:23:38  <jonasschnelli> heh.. yeah. and that.
580 2020-03-26T19:23:40  <luke-jr> do they rightclick the DMG, or rightclick the app?
581 2020-03-26T19:23:59  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: what do you mean with "signature do anything?"?
582 2020-03-26T19:24:22  <luke-jr> jonasschnelli: the point of the signature was to avoid a right-click, wasn't it?
583 2020-03-26T19:24:28  <luke-jr> if we need to right-click anyway, why sign?
584 2020-03-26T19:24:40  <cfields> luke-jr: I'm now wondering the same.
585 2020-03-26T19:24:40  <luke-jr> (Apple signature, I mean, obviously we still do a real gitian sig)
586 2020-03-26T19:25:10  <cfields> Does the right-click trick still work for completely unsigned apps?
587 2020-03-26T19:25:15  <jonasschnelli> Well... the apples idea is _not_ that signatures avoid right click. But yeah. With enforce notarization (10.14) we are back at the same problem.
588 2020-03-26T19:25:24  <wumpus> I'm not sure, they might start enforcing signing before enforcing notarization
589 2020-03-26T19:25:25  <jonasschnelli> cfields: good questions.
590 2020-03-26T19:25:59  <cfields> We should assume they'll eventually enforce everything they introduce.
591 2020-03-26T19:26:07  <jonasschnelli> All that stuff would be acceptable. If there would not be a mandatory call-apple connection that reveale the application-hash to apple.
592 2020-03-26T19:26:17  <luke-jr> cfields: AFAIK they still don't enforce signing strictly
593 2020-03-26T19:26:22  <wumpus> why *would* we stop signing? we already hve the flow for that anyhow
594 2020-03-26T19:26:42  <luke-jr> wumpus: it's an extra step; and it means we could stay with just 2 variants AND notarise
595 2020-03-26T19:26:43  <wumpus> I don't see any pressing reason to change that
596 2020-03-26T19:26:48  <jonasschnelli> indeed
597 2020-03-26T19:27:12  <jonasschnelli> Lets just see how Apple continues with notarization and have the stuff ready for a sitaution where we need it.
598 2020-03-26T19:27:27  <jonasschnelli> Maybe add a right-click info to the dmg/background
599 2020-03-26T19:27:34  <luke-jr> also, by stopping signing, maybe it will make it politically harder for Apple to enforce the notary? *shrug*
600 2020-03-26T19:27:37  <wumpus> yes, let's be prepared for when it is stricty enforced, that's likely to happen a tsome point
601 2020-03-26T19:27:55  <luke-jr> could be argued either way I suppose
602 2020-03-26T19:28:18  <luke-jr> but if there's no benefit to the signing, it's trivial to just not do it
603 2020-03-26T19:28:53  <wumpus> I'd prefer to not change it last minute for 0.20 at least, could reconsider for 0.21 if it makes sense, but dunno
604 2020-03-26T19:29:00  <jonasschnelli> Signing has benefits,... at almost no costs. Lets keep it.
605 2020-03-26T19:29:07  <luke-jr> jonasschnelli: what benefit?
606 2020-03-26T19:29:20  <wumpus> jonasschnelli: agreed
607 2020-03-26T19:29:22  <wumpus> any other topics?
608 2020-03-26T19:29:38  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: users not verifiny gitian signaturs have a tiny proof of authicity.
609 2020-03-26T19:29:52  <jonasschnelli>  /topic
610 2020-03-26T19:30:15  <luke-jr> jonasschnelli: if they don't verify gitian, why would they verify this?
611 2020-03-26T19:30:18  <sipa> hi!
612 2020-03-26T19:30:31  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: the os does
613 2020-03-26T19:30:35  <wumpus> sipa: you're just in time for the end of the meeting it seems :)
614 2020-03-26T19:30:38  <luke-jr> jonasschnelli: when?
615 2020-03-26T19:30:45  <wumpus> (unless someone has a topic)
616 2020-03-26T19:31:16  <wumpus> #endmeeting
617 2020-03-26T19:31:16  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Mar 26 19:31:16 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
618 2020-03-26T19:31:16  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-03-26-19.00.html
619 2020-03-26T19:31:16  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-03-26-19.00.txt
620 2020-03-26T19:31:16  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-03-26-19.00.log.html
621 2020-03-26T19:31:22  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: an attacker would require to purchase a developer programm, identify himself, etc.
622 2020-03-26T19:31:31  <luke-jr> jonasschnelli: why would he?
623 2020-03-26T19:31:33  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: users can right click info and see developer notes
624 2020-03-26T19:31:39  <luke-jr> but they don't..
625 2020-03-26T19:31:57  <luke-jr> those who might, would also verify the gitian sigs
626 2020-03-26T19:32:09  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: even if they don't. With the default settings, they can be sure an attacked would had to identify with apple
627 2020-03-26T19:32:26  <jonasschnelli> *attacker
628 2020-03-26T19:32:46  <luke-jr> jonasschnelli: right-click opens it with or without a signature, thoug
629 2020-03-26T19:34:25  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: I think so... :/
630 2020-03-26T19:34:56  <jonasschnelli> You kida right, if we recommend right-click open, we probably make the signature useless
631 2020-03-26T19:35:24  <jonasschnelli> (because they would also do the right-click open of a malicious clone)
632 2020-03-26T19:37:20  <cfields> Surely the app could also be revoked asynchronously, independent of launch-time.
633 2020-03-26T19:37:44  <cfields> After all, there's no way it refuses to run notorized apps without an internet connection.
634 2020-03-26T19:37:53  <luke-jr> cfields: it shows a warning dialog IIRC
635 2020-03-26T19:38:06  <luke-jr> cfields: and launch time isn't the concern as much as "this user is using <app>" is
636 2020-03-26T19:39:21  <luke-jr> annoyingly, this is entirely unavoidable with iOS/Android, so we may be losing eventually
637 2020-03-26T19:39:39  <cfields> luke-jr: right, I was implying that the runtime check isn't actually all that concerning, as we should assume it's happening in the background as well. So just _having_ Bitcoin Core could cause you to leak :\
638 2020-03-26T19:40:54  *** vasild_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
639 2020-03-26T19:41:15  <luke-jr> cfields: the warning dialog IIRC basically says "it was good on <stapled notarisation date>, but might not be now"
640 2020-03-26T19:44:02  *** mryandao has quit IRC
641 2020-03-26T19:44:23  *** vasild has quit IRC
642 2020-03-26T19:44:24  *** vasild_ is now known as vasild
643 2020-03-26T19:44:52  *** mryandao has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
644 2020-03-26T19:49:19  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
645 2020-03-26T19:49:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] vasild opened pull request #18443: lockedpool: avoid sensitive data in core files (FreeBSD) (master...madvise) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18443
646 2020-03-26T19:49:20  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
647 2020-03-26T19:51:30  *** DeanGuss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
648 2020-03-26T19:59:32  *** midnight has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
649 2020-03-26T20:06:31  *** jarthur_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
650 2020-03-26T20:08:14  *** davec has quit IRC
651 2020-03-26T20:10:17  *** jarthur_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
652 2020-03-26T20:10:18  *** jarthur has quit IRC
653 2020-03-26T20:13:42  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
654 2020-03-26T20:32:24  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
655 2020-03-26T20:32:24  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] luke-jr opened pull request #18444: Bugfix: RPC: Remove final comma for last entry of fixed-size arrays in RPCResult (master...bugfix_rr_arrfixed_comma) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18444
656 2020-03-26T20:32:25  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
657 2020-03-26T20:38:48  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
658 2020-03-26T20:50:13  *** molly has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
659 2020-03-26T20:53:22  *** mol has quit IRC
660 2020-03-26T20:58:36  *** Krellan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
661 2020-03-26T21:00:01  *** othe has quit IRC
662 2020-03-26T21:02:46  *** Krellan_ has quit IRC
663 2020-03-26T21:05:59  *** emilengler has quit IRC
664 2020-03-26T21:06:13  *** emilengler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
665 2020-03-26T21:22:07  *** davidfetter1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
666 2020-03-26T21:23:48  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
667 2020-03-26T21:23:49  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift opened pull request #18445: tests: Add fuzzing harnesses for functions/classes in chain.h and protocol.h (master...fuzzers-misc-3) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18445
668 2020-03-26T21:24:00  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
669 2020-03-26T21:36:23  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
670 2020-03-26T21:40:36  *** jb55 has quit IRC
671 2020-03-26T21:44:40  *** manantial has quit IRC
672 2020-03-26T21:57:47  *** jtimon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
673 2020-03-26T22:12:21  *** go1111111 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
674 2020-03-26T22:14:02  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
675 2020-03-26T22:28:39  *** sipsorcery has quit IRC
676 2020-03-26T22:47:23  *** DeanGuss has quit IRC
677 2020-03-26T22:52:22  *** mdunnio_ has quit IRC
678 2020-03-26T22:59:26  *** Krellan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
679 2020-03-26T23:00:00  *** apaval has quit IRC
680 2020-03-26T23:00:21  *** apaval_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
681 2020-03-26T23:09:43  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
682 2020-03-26T23:12:12  *** Krellan_ has quit IRC
683 2020-03-26T23:14:31  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
684 2020-03-26T23:17:34  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
685 2020-03-26T23:25:45  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
686 2020-03-26T23:28:25  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
687 2020-03-26T23:28:52  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
688 2020-03-26T23:29:30  *** emilengler has quit IRC
689 2020-03-26T23:29:43  *** emilengler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
690 2020-03-26T23:39:41  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
691 2020-03-26T23:41:54  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
692 2020-03-26T23:43:20  *** Victorsueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
693 2020-03-26T23:43:55  *** promag has quit IRC
694 2020-03-26T23:44:29  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
695 2020-03-26T23:46:23  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
696 2020-03-26T23:49:53  *** apaval_ has quit IRC
697 2020-03-26T23:50:12  *** apaval_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
698 2020-03-26T23:56:18  *** apaval_ has quit IRC
699 2020-03-26T23:56:37  *** apaval has joined #bitcoin-core-dev