1 2020-04-09T00:00:01  *** BusError1 has quit IRC
  2 2020-04-09T00:02:54  *** ddustin has quit IRC
  3 2020-04-09T00:07:40  *** dviola has quit IRC
  4 2020-04-09T00:09:31  *** dviola has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  5 2020-04-09T00:21:33  *** Jarsto1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  6 2020-04-09T00:31:09  *** belcher has quit IRC
  7 2020-04-09T00:41:56  *** vincenzopalazzo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  8 2020-04-09T01:02:28  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  9 2020-04-09T01:07:56  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 10 2020-04-09T01:12:53  *** captjakk has quit IRC
 11 2020-04-09T01:13:20  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 12 2020-04-09T01:17:44  *** captjakk has quit IRC
 13 2020-04-09T01:23:00  *** Krellan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 14 2020-04-09T01:30:36  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
 15 2020-04-09T01:34:46  *** Krellan_ has quit IRC
 16 2020-04-09T01:47:20  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 17 2020-04-09T01:49:30  *** vincentpalazzo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 18 2020-04-09T01:52:04  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 19 2020-04-09T01:52:09  *** vincenzopalazzo has quit IRC
 20 2020-04-09T01:53:08  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
 21 2020-04-09T02:04:35  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 22 2020-04-09T02:09:47  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2020-04-09T02:12:18  *** vincentpalazzo has quit IRC
 24 2020-04-09T02:18:49  *** ddustin has quit IRC
 25 2020-04-09T02:24:22  *** DeanWeen has quit IRC
 26 2020-04-09T02:24:45  *** DeanWeen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 27 2020-04-09T02:29:01  *** molly has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 28 2020-04-09T02:31:19  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 29 2020-04-09T02:32:17  *** mol has quit IRC
 30 2020-04-09T03:00:01  *** Jarsto1 has quit IRC
 31 2020-04-09T03:04:41  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 32 2020-04-09T03:05:27  *** molz_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 33 2020-04-09T03:08:37  *** molly has quit IRC
 34 2020-04-09T03:13:03  *** molly has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 35 2020-04-09T03:16:23  *** molz_ has quit IRC
 36 2020-04-09T03:17:45  *** mol has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 37 2020-04-09T03:20:37  *** molly has quit IRC
 38 2020-04-09T03:20:49  *** josevalim1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 39 2020-04-09T03:24:04  *** molly has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 40 2020-04-09T03:26:39  *** mol has quit IRC
 41 2020-04-09T03:31:09  *** Krellan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 42 2020-04-09T03:31:16  *** Eagle[TM] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 43 2020-04-09T03:33:40  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
 44 2020-04-09T03:42:02  *** Krellan_ has quit IRC
 45 2020-04-09T03:58:18  *** captjakk has quit IRC
 46 2020-04-09T03:58:45  *** captjakk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 47 2020-04-09T04:03:36  *** captjakk has quit IRC
 48 2020-04-09T05:02:12  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 49 2020-04-09T05:07:39  *** DougieBot5000 has quit IRC
 50 2020-04-09T05:08:26  *** DougieBot5000 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 51 2020-04-09T05:10:06  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 52 2020-04-09T05:11:00  *** mol has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 53 2020-04-09T05:13:43  *** molly has quit IRC
 54 2020-04-09T05:34:31  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 55 2020-04-09T05:35:22  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 56 2020-04-09T05:35:22  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] luke-jr opened pull request #18572: Wallet: Accept "changedata" db key as an alias to "destdata" (master...changedata_forwardcompat) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18572
 57 2020-04-09T05:35:23  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 58 2020-04-09T05:45:43  *** mol has quit IRC
 59 2020-04-09T05:46:26  *** ddustin has quit IRC
 60 2020-04-09T05:47:00  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 61 2020-04-09T05:56:29  *** Krellan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 62 2020-04-09T05:57:50  *** Krellan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 63 2020-04-09T06:00:02  *** josevalim1 has quit IRC
 64 2020-04-09T06:06:41  *** Krellan_ has quit IRC
 65 2020-04-09T06:11:44  *** Kiminuo has quit IRC
 66 2020-04-09T06:20:11  *** Kiminuo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 67 2020-04-09T06:20:55  *** tasmo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 68 2020-04-09T06:27:24  *** jarthur_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 69 2020-04-09T06:30:37  *** jarthur has quit IRC
 70 2020-04-09T06:40:14  *** Dean_Guss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 71 2020-04-09T06:43:23  *** DeanWeen has quit IRC
 72 2020-04-09T07:16:36  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 73 2020-04-09T07:18:53  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 74 2020-04-09T07:27:21  *** Talkless has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 75 2020-04-09T07:27:47  *** jonatack has quit IRC
 76 2020-04-09T07:34:33  *** manantial has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 77 2020-04-09T07:38:12  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 78 2020-04-09T07:41:07  *** vasild_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 79 2020-04-09T07:43:00  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 80 2020-04-09T07:43:00  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #18333: build: Drop deprecated ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS variable (master...20200311-deprecated-amflags) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18333
 81 2020-04-09T07:43:00  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 82 2020-04-09T07:44:03  *** vasild has quit IRC
 83 2020-04-09T07:44:04  *** vasild_ is now known as vasild
 84 2020-04-09T07:45:26  *** emilengler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 85 2020-04-09T07:48:15  *** mol has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 86 2020-04-09T07:59:48  *** marcoagner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 87 2020-04-09T08:01:36  <jonasschnelli> Can someone restart https://ci.appveyor.com/project/DrahtBot/bitcoin/builds/32034256?
 88 2020-04-09T08:01:51  <jonasschnelli> Or tell me how to do it? I logged in but don't have a restart build button
 89 2020-04-09T08:01:58  <fanquake> done
 90 2020-04-09T08:02:09  <sipa> fanquake beat me to it
 91 2020-04-09T08:02:17  <fanquake> how unusual
 92 2020-04-09T08:02:24  <sipa> not really
 93 2020-04-09T08:02:46  <jonasschnelli> heh... bored in quarantaine?
 94 2020-04-09T08:04:00  <fanquake> jonasschnelli: I'm not sure how to get you a restart button. Are you authed via github, or a different method?
 95 2020-04-09T08:04:15  <jonasschnelli> I just logged in via github, yes.
 96 2020-04-09T08:04:33  <jonasschnelli> I haven't manually added a project,.. which I think i don't have to do?
 97 2020-04-09T08:04:59  <jonasschnelli> well,... i won't use it too much. So no urgency.
 98 2020-04-09T08:05:11  <fanquake> I don't think so, but can't quite remember.
 99 2020-04-09T08:05:26  <fanquake> I've currently lost my Travis restart button, which is much more annoying.
100 2020-04-09T08:05:43  <fanquake> Re-authing didn't seem to help either.
101 2020-04-09T08:13:06  *** Talkless has quit IRC
102 2020-04-09T08:13:44  *** Talkless has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
103 2020-04-09T08:20:57  *** Eagle[TM] has quit IRC
104 2020-04-09T08:39:16  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
105 2020-04-09T08:39:17  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa opened pull request #18573: [RFC] bitcoin-asmap utility (master...202004_asmap_tool) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18573
106 2020-04-09T08:39:17  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
107 2020-04-09T09:00:02  *** tasmo has quit IRC
108 2020-04-09T09:12:06  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
109 2020-04-09T09:12:06  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack opened pull request #18574: getinfo: call getbalances.ismine.trusted instead of getwalletinfo.balance (master...getinfo-call-getbalances-instead-of-getwalletinfo-balances) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18574
110 2020-04-09T09:12:07  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
111 2020-04-09T09:20:58  *** Dantman has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
112 2020-04-09T09:26:33  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
113 2020-04-09T09:35:19  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
114 2020-04-09T09:35:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] brakmic closed pull request #18570: rpc: return block hash in getbalances json (master...return-blockhash-with-wallet-calls) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18570
115 2020-04-09T09:35:20  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
116 2020-04-09T09:52:09  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
117 2020-04-09T09:52:09  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] brakmic reopened pull request #18570: rpc: return block hash in getbalances json (master...return-blockhash-with-wallet-calls) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18570
118 2020-04-09T09:52:21  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
119 2020-04-09T10:01:28  *** Dean_Guss has quit IRC
120 2020-04-09T10:01:40  *** Dean_Guss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
121 2020-04-09T10:03:55  *** Chanel50Weissnat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
122 2020-04-09T10:24:10  *** Dean_Guss has quit IRC
123 2020-04-09T10:25:16  *** Dean_Guss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
124 2020-04-09T10:31:58  *** Emcy has quit IRC
125 2020-04-09T10:32:35  *** Emcy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
126 2020-04-09T10:46:07  *** lucaferr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
127 2020-04-09T10:46:25  *** timothy has quit IRC
128 2020-04-09T10:49:30  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
129 2020-04-09T10:50:25  *** tryphe has quit IRC
130 2020-04-09T10:51:19  *** filchef has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
131 2020-04-09T10:56:45  *** timothy has quit IRC
132 2020-04-09T10:57:15  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2020-04-09T11:04:12  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
134 2020-04-09T11:04:42  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
135 2020-04-09T11:06:34  *** Victor_sueca is now known as Victorsueca
136 2020-04-09T11:17:22  *** amsudeep has quit IRC
137 2020-04-09T11:32:51  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2020-04-09T11:34:00  *** amsudeep has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
139 2020-04-09T11:47:37  *** Chanel50Weissnat has quit IRC
140 2020-04-09T11:58:24  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
141 2020-04-09T12:00:02  *** Dantman has quit IRC
142 2020-04-09T12:08:04  <wumpus> unless anyone disagrees strongly I'm going to merge #18553 and tag rc1 in a bit
143 2020-04-09T12:08:06  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18553 | Avoid non-trivial global constants in SHA-NI code by sipa · Pull Request #18553 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
144 2020-04-09T12:08:15  <wumpus> (after branching off 0.20 etc ofc)
145 2020-04-09T12:09:57  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
146 2020-04-09T12:09:58  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/661bd5dea3d0...dcef5ad6ec10
147 2020-04-09T12:09:58  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa68a3e MarcoFalke: appveyor: Enable minimal unit test logging to aid debugging
148 2020-04-09T12:09:59  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa7af33 MarcoFalke: ci: Run unit tests sequential once
149 2020-04-09T12:09:59  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master dcef5ad MarcoFalke: Merge #18562: ci: Run unit tests sequential once
150 2020-04-09T12:10:01  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
151 2020-04-09T12:10:17  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
152 2020-04-09T12:10:17  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #18562: ci: Run unit tests sequential once (master...2004-qaFixTestTeardown) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18562
153 2020-04-09T12:10:18  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
154 2020-04-09T12:16:19  *** izy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
155 2020-04-09T12:21:23  *** peeja has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
156 2020-04-09T12:22:40  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
157 2020-04-09T12:22:40  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/dcef5ad6ec10...87374d80a71d
158 2020-04-09T12:22:41  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa5e973 MarcoFalke: test: Set -use_value_profile=1 when merging fuzz inputs
159 2020-04-09T12:22:41  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 87374d8 MarcoFalke: Merge #18566: test: Set -use_value_profile=1 when merging fuzz inputs
160 2020-04-09T12:22:43  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
161 2020-04-09T12:23:00  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
162 2020-04-09T12:23:00  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #18566: test: Set -use_value_profile=1 when merging fuzz inputs (master...2004-fuzzValueProfile) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18566
163 2020-04-09T12:23:01  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
164 2020-04-09T12:27:23  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
165 2020-04-09T12:28:40  *** izy has quit IRC
166 2020-04-09T12:40:29  <fanquake> wumpus: sounds good
167 2020-04-09T12:41:48  *** emilengler has quit IRC
168 2020-04-09T12:42:05  *** emilengler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
169 2020-04-09T12:44:28  <wumpus> the other option would be to skip #18553 for now
170 2020-04-09T12:44:30  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18553 | Avoid non-trivial global constants in SHA-NI code by sipa · Pull Request #18553 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
171 2020-04-09T12:45:19  <wumpus> as some people think it invokes strange undefined C++ behavior maybe that's better, though I'm not sure it's strictly worse than calling optional instruction sets in the initializers
172 2020-04-09T12:46:11  <wumpus> but I don't want to block 0.20 for it for days
173 2020-04-09T12:46:19  *** fearbeag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
174 2020-04-09T12:49:21  *** Victor_sueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
175 2020-04-09T12:50:58  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
176 2020-04-09T12:51:00  *** Victor_sueca is now known as Victorsueca
177 2020-04-09T13:07:29  *** plaza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
178 2020-04-09T13:07:30  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
179 2020-04-09T13:08:56  *** emilengler has quit IRC
180 2020-04-09T13:10:51  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
181 2020-04-09T13:17:04  *** vasild has quit IRC
182 2020-04-09T13:17:04  *** braydonf has quit IRC
183 2020-04-09T13:17:04  *** alec has quit IRC
184 2020-04-09T13:17:04  *** SiAnDoG_ has quit IRC
185 2020-04-09T13:17:04  *** morcos has quit IRC
186 2020-04-09T13:17:04  *** andrewtoth has quit IRC
187 2020-04-09T13:17:04  *** kristapsk has quit IRC
188 2020-04-09T13:17:04  *** Dean_Guss has quit IRC
189 2020-04-09T13:17:04  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
190 2020-04-09T13:17:04  *** sipa has quit IRC
191 2020-04-09T13:17:04  *** afk11` has quit IRC
192 2020-04-09T13:17:04  *** per has quit IRC
193 2020-04-09T13:17:04  *** jb55 has quit IRC
194 2020-04-09T13:17:05  *** sdaftuar_ has quit IRC
195 2020-04-09T13:17:12  *** timothy has quit IRC
196 2020-04-09T13:17:40  *** braydonf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
197 2020-04-09T13:17:42  *** Dean_Guss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
198 2020-04-09T13:18:35  *** afk11` has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
199 2020-04-09T13:18:42  <wumpus> fanquake: we might want a linter at some point that checks for init.* sections in the object files for optional instruction sets
200 2020-04-09T13:18:50  *** jb55 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
201 2020-04-09T13:19:37  <fanquake> wumpus: interesting
202 2020-04-09T13:19:39  <wumpus> i mean,  .text.startup sections
203 2020-04-09T13:20:00  *** morcos has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
204 2020-04-09T13:20:01  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
205 2020-04-09T13:20:02  *** sdaftuar_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
206 2020-04-09T13:20:35  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
207 2020-04-09T13:22:16  *** per has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
208 2020-04-09T13:22:18  *** vasild has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
209 2020-04-09T13:22:19  *** alec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
210 2020-04-09T13:24:34  <wumpus> a quick hack using "find -name \*.o -print0 | xargs -0 grep -l '.text.startup'" doesn't seem to find any others that might be problematic
211 2020-04-09T13:26:51  *** alec has quit IRC
212 2020-04-09T13:27:03  *** sdaftuar_ has quit IRC
213 2020-04-09T13:27:42  <fanquake> wumpus: I see these sections in a fairly recent master https://gist.github.com/fanquake/90bfbed7d8e31e2191ec806cb67b78cf
214 2020-04-09T13:28:06  *** kljasdfvv has quit IRC
215 2020-04-09T13:29:16  <wumpus> sections such as .text.startup won't be in the final executable (the linker map collapses them)
216 2020-04-09T13:29:42  <wumpus> but it's fine to have them in .o's compiled with the default compiler options
217 2020-04-09T13:29:52  <fanquake> ah I see. I do have a map
218 2020-04-09T13:30:00  <fanquake> I see:
219 2020-04-09T13:30:08  <fanquake>  .rela.text.startup
220 2020-04-09T13:30:08  <fanquake>  *(.text.startup .text.startup.*)
221 2020-04-09T13:30:08  <fanquake>  .text.startup  0x0000000000001090       0x74 /tmp/ccjlo7po.o
222 2020-04-09T13:32:04  <fanquake> Was playing around with this for #17929. We are going to swap to just passing the  optimization flags to the linker, and I was examining the differences in the binaries.
223 2020-04-09T13:32:05  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17929 | build: add --enable-linker-optimizations configure flag by fanquake · Pull Request #17929 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
224 2020-04-09T13:32:21  *** alec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
225 2020-04-09T13:32:39  *** sdaftuar_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
226 2020-04-09T13:33:02  *** sipa has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
227 2020-04-09T13:34:38  *** afk11` has quit IRC
228 2020-04-09T13:35:02  *** afk11` has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
229 2020-04-09T13:39:55  *** mol has quit IRC
230 2020-04-09T13:40:10  *** andrewtoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
231 2020-04-09T13:51:58  *** timothy has quit IRC
232 2020-04-09T13:53:43  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
233 2020-04-09T13:57:13  *** kabaum has quit IRC
234 2020-04-09T14:01:16  *** mol has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
235 2020-04-09T14:07:22  *** timothy has quit IRC
236 2020-04-09T14:14:42  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
237 2020-04-09T14:15:17  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
238 2020-04-09T14:16:20  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
239 2020-04-09T14:20:09  *** shigeya has quit IRC
240 2020-04-09T14:20:59  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
241 2020-04-09T14:21:00  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/87374d80a71d...1ae366ecb067
242 2020-04-09T14:21:00  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 97ba77a Hennadii Stepanov: ci: Add native s390x
243 2020-04-09T14:21:01  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6136a96 Hennadii Stepanov: ci: Rename RUN_CI_ON_HOST to DANGER_RUN_CI_ON_HOST
244 2020-04-09T14:21:01  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1ae366e MarcoFalke: Merge #18569: ci: Add big endian native s390x build
245 2020-04-09T14:21:03  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
246 2020-04-09T14:21:19  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
247 2020-04-09T14:21:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #18569: ci: Add big endian native s390x build (master...20200326-allow-s390x) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18569
248 2020-04-09T14:21:21  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
249 2020-04-09T14:22:59  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
250 2020-04-09T14:22:59  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/1ae366ecb067...081dcbde6623
251 2020-04-09T14:22:59  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master faede1b MarcoFalke: test: Properly raise FailedToStartError when rpc shutdown before warmup fi...
252 2020-04-09T14:23:00  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 081dcbd MarcoFalke: Merge #18561: test: Properly raise FailedToStartError when rpc shutdown be...
253 2020-04-09T14:23:01  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
254 2020-04-09T14:23:18  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
255 2020-04-09T14:23:18  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #18561: test: Properly raise FailedToStartError when rpc shutdown before warmup finished (master...2004-qaFailedToStartConnectionReset) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18561
256 2020-04-09T14:23:19  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
257 2020-04-09T14:23:32  *** shigeya has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
258 2020-04-09T14:29:12  *** ddustin has quit IRC
259 2020-04-09T14:29:25  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
260 2020-04-09T14:34:14  *** Kiminuo has quit IRC
261 2020-04-09T14:48:15  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
262 2020-04-09T14:49:02  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
263 2020-04-09T14:56:59  *** sipsorcery has quit IRC
264 2020-04-09T14:57:17  *** sipsorcery has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
265 2020-04-09T14:58:50  *** amsudeep has quit IRC
266 2020-04-09T15:00:01  *** peeja has quit IRC
267 2020-04-09T15:02:18  *** Kiminuo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
268 2020-04-09T15:07:07  *** amsudeep has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
269 2020-04-09T15:12:00  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
270 2020-04-09T15:13:20  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
271 2020-04-09T15:17:56  *** filchef has quit IRC
272 2020-04-09T15:19:48  *** amsudeep has quit IRC
273 2020-04-09T15:20:17  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
274 2020-04-09T15:22:04  *** tummy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
275 2020-04-09T15:27:53  *** amsudeep has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
276 2020-04-09T15:34:11  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
277 2020-04-09T15:36:56  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
278 2020-04-09T15:44:35  *** amsudeep has quit IRC
279 2020-04-09T15:47:51  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
280 2020-04-09T15:48:37  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
281 2020-04-09T16:05:03  *** sdaftuar_ has quit IRC
282 2020-04-09T16:06:00  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
283 2020-04-09T16:06:34  *** Livestradamus has quit IRC
284 2020-04-09T16:06:56  *** Livestradamus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
285 2020-04-09T16:10:34  *** sdaftuar_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
286 2020-04-09T16:11:30  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
287 2020-04-09T16:12:27  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
288 2020-04-09T16:14:23  *** SiAnDoG_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
289 2020-04-09T16:19:23  *** sdaftuar_ has quit IRC
290 2020-04-09T16:19:41  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
291 2020-04-09T16:21:54  *** sdaftuar_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
292 2020-04-09T16:22:41  *** kristapsk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
293 2020-04-09T16:27:20  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
294 2020-04-09T16:31:25  *** michaelfolkson has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
295 2020-04-09T16:31:35  *** michaelfolkson has quit IRC
296 2020-04-09T16:38:35  *** Guyver2_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
297 2020-04-09T16:42:32  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
298 2020-04-09T16:42:36  *** Guyver2_ is now known as Guyver2
299 2020-04-09T16:43:49  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
300 2020-04-09T16:45:05  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
301 2020-04-09T16:53:34  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
302 2020-04-09T16:53:34  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #18575: bench: Remove requirement that all benches use same testing setup (master...2004-benchNoGlobalReg) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18575
303 2020-04-09T16:53:39  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
304 2020-04-09T16:54:03  *** sdaftuar_ has quit IRC
305 2020-04-09T16:54:43  *** sdaftuar_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
306 2020-04-09T17:02:19  *** ddustin has quit IRC
307 2020-04-09T17:03:10  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
308 2020-04-09T17:04:03  *** sdaftuar_ has quit IRC
309 2020-04-09T17:04:58  *** timothy has quit IRC
310 2020-04-09T17:07:21  *** sdaftuar_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
311 2020-04-09T17:14:07  *** xinan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
312 2020-04-09T17:14:29  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
313 2020-04-09T17:15:50  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
314 2020-04-09T17:16:25  *** ddustin has quit IRC
315 2020-04-09T17:16:29  *** kabaum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
316 2020-04-09T17:16:37  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
317 2020-04-09T17:18:31  *** emilengler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
318 2020-04-09T17:20:57  *** belcher has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
319 2020-04-09T17:23:46  *** xinan has quit IRC
320 2020-04-09T17:26:11  *** emilengler has quit IRC
321 2020-04-09T17:28:08  *** nijhh has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
322 2020-04-09T17:30:01  *** nijhh has quit IRC
323 2020-04-09T17:30:53  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
324 2020-04-09T17:31:49  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
325 2020-04-09T17:39:54  *** sdaftuar_ has quit IRC
326 2020-04-09T17:41:48  *** sdaftuar_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
327 2020-04-09T17:41:55  *** sipsorcery has quit IRC
328 2020-04-09T17:42:47  *** sipsorcery has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
329 2020-04-09T17:46:15  *** molly has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
330 2020-04-09T17:49:10  *** mol has quit IRC
331 2020-04-09T18:00:02  *** tummy has quit IRC
332 2020-04-09T18:01:05  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
333 2020-04-09T18:01:56  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
334 2020-04-09T18:05:16  *** kabaum has quit IRC
335 2020-04-09T18:15:34  *** Dean_Guss has quit IRC
336 2020-04-09T18:20:38  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
337 2020-04-09T18:20:38  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] gzhao408 opened pull request #18576: wip [test] use unittest for test_framework unit testing (master...framework-unittests) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18576
338 2020-04-09T18:20:39  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
339 2020-04-09T18:21:08  *** ram1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
340 2020-04-09T18:21:43  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
341 2020-04-09T18:21:46  *** ddustin_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
342 2020-04-09T18:22:24  *** ddustin has quit IRC
343 2020-04-09T18:22:36  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
344 2020-04-09T18:23:28  *** filchef has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
345 2020-04-09T18:25:51  *** roconnor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
346 2020-04-09T18:26:28  *** kabaum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
347 2020-04-09T18:28:13  *** jarthur has quit IRC
348 2020-04-09T18:30:15  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
349 2020-04-09T18:34:42  *** cubancorona has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
350 2020-04-09T18:41:41  *** ddustin_ has quit IRC
351 2020-04-09T18:42:31  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
352 2020-04-09T18:46:45  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
353 2020-04-09T18:46:45  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] yahiheb opened pull request #18577: doc: Correct scripted-diff example link (master...correct-link) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18577
354 2020-04-09T18:46:46  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
355 2020-04-09T18:48:42  *** promag has quit IRC
356 2020-04-09T18:50:22  *** sdaftuar_ is now known as sdaftuar
357 2020-04-09T18:52:55  *** amsudeep has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
358 2020-04-09T19:00:05  <wumpus> #startmeeting
359 2020-04-09T19:00:05  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Apr  9 19:00:05 2020 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
360 2020-04-09T19:00:05  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
361 2020-04-09T19:00:12  <sipa> hi
362 2020-04-09T19:00:22  <elichai2> hi
363 2020-04-09T19:00:44  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball kvaciral ariard digi_james amiti fjahr
364 2020-04-09T19:00:46  <wumpus> jeremyrubin lightlike emilengler jonatack hebasto jb55
365 2020-04-09T19:00:51  <achow101> hi
366 2020-04-09T19:00:52  <jonasschnelli> hi
367 2020-04-09T19:00:52  <jonatack> hi
368 2020-04-09T19:00:55  <hebasto> hi
369 2020-04-09T19:00:58  <jkczyz> hi
370 2020-04-09T19:01:05  <aj> hola
371 2020-04-09T19:01:05  <MarcoFalke> hi
372 2020-04-09T19:01:12  <sdaftuar> hi!
373 2020-04-09T19:01:38  <MarcoFalke> (sorry, merge bot incoming in a few secs)
374 2020-04-09T19:01:39  <cfields> hi
375 2020-04-09T19:01:53  <amiti> hi
376 2020-04-09T19:01:55  <wumpus> any proposed topics?
377 2020-04-09T19:02:11  <jnewbery> hi
378 2020-04-09T19:02:12  <MarcoFalke> wen release?
379 2020-04-09T19:02:16  <wumpus> looks like there's one by achow101: deprecating signrawtx RPCs
380 2020-04-09T19:02:28  <sipa> low priority topic if there's time: future of asmap?
381 2020-04-09T19:02:31  <wumpus> MarcoFalke:depends on whether  #18553 is a blocker
382 2020-04-09T19:02:31  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
383 2020-04-09T19:02:32  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 6 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/081dcbde6623...405713d00fb4
384 2020-04-09T19:02:32  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5560845 Pieter Wuille: Make a fuzzer-based copy of the prevector randomized test
385 2020-04-09T19:02:33  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master eda8309 Pieter Wuille: Assert immediately rather than caching failure
386 2020-04-09T19:02:33  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18553 | Avoid non-trivial global constants in SHA-NI code by sipa · Pull Request #18553 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
387 2020-04-09T19:02:33  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 402ad5a Pieter Wuille: Only run sanity check once at the end
388 2020-04-09T19:02:34  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
389 2020-04-09T19:02:51  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
390 2020-04-09T19:02:52  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #18529: Add fuzzer version of randomized prevector test (master...202004_prevector_fuzz) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18529
391 2020-04-09T19:02:52  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
392 2020-04-09T19:03:06  <achow101> rc1 soon?
393 2020-04-09T19:03:11  <MarcoFalke> I wish rebroad could ACK it, since they reported the issue
394 2020-04-09T19:03:16  <hebasto> why 18553 could be a blocker?
395 2020-04-09T19:03:23  <wumpus> it's the only PR left that is tagged for 0.20
396 2020-04-09T19:03:45  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
397 2020-04-09T19:03:47  <wumpus> hebasto: because if your system doesn't support the instruction it'll just crash before main()
398 2020-04-09T19:04:11  <MarcoFalke> Does anyone have that CPU to test?
399 2020-04-09T19:04:18  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
400 2020-04-09T19:04:26  <elichai2> MarcoFalke: I'm surprised this is the first time we're hearing about this issue. I would've thought everyone without SSE* support will get this error
401 2020-04-09T19:04:27  <sipa> i'm not sure the problem will appear in every build (it may be compiler dependent)
402 2020-04-09T19:04:39  <wumpus> no, bitcoind master runs fine even on my oldest pc, but it might depend on compiler too
403 2020-04-09T19:04:41  <sipa> would i understand how our existing code is broken for systems that do not have sse4
404 2020-04-09T19:04:58  <sipa> *but i understand
405 2020-04-09T19:05:13  <wumpus>  movaps is SSE2, right?
406 2020-04-09T19:05:16  <promag> hi
407 2020-04-09T19:05:36  <wumpus> if the init code contained *SSE4* oh sure we'd have noticed
408 2020-04-09T19:05:44  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
409 2020-04-09T19:05:51  <cfields> *sse2
410 2020-04-09T19:05:54  <cfields> wumpus: right
411 2020-04-09T19:06:08  <sipa> i suspect he is executing an sse4 instruction
412 2020-04-09T19:06:10  <wumpus> almost(?) all amd64 processors support SSE2
413 2020-04-09T19:06:14  <sipa> because his system has sse2
414 2020-04-09T19:06:18  <wumpus> oh
415 2020-04-09T19:06:32  <wumpus> okay in that case we don't know if the PR fixes theproblem at all
416 2020-04-09T19:06:40  <sipa> it does
417 2020-04-09T19:06:41  <wumpus> I suggest we just move on with the branch-off and rc1
418 2020-04-09T19:06:58  <cfields> ah, I guess if we're targetting sse4 it's free to ignore the sse2 intrinsic. Annoying that those are only hints.
419 2020-04-09T19:07:14  <sipa> wumpus: the sha256-shani module is compiled with sse4 on, so any code the compiler produces in that module is allowed to have sse4 instructions
420 2020-04-09T19:07:24  <sipa> the fact that it has a global initializer is a bug regardless
421 2020-04-09T19:07:30  <wumpus> sipa: yes, I agree
422 2020-04-09T19:07:45  <wumpus> I'm the person who ACKed that PR, I think it's a good change
423 2020-04-09T19:07:46  <elichai2> anyways the current code is somewhat broken
424 2020-04-09T19:07:53  <elichai2> even if that's not his specific problem
425 2020-04-09T19:08:01  <sipa> we don't know the exact conditions to reproduce it (which is hard, as it's compiler dependent), but i believe my PR is a bugfix independently of that
426 2020-04-09T19:08:09  <elichai2> sipa: exactly
427 2020-04-09T19:08:12  <wumpus> yes
428 2020-04-09T19:08:29  <wumpus> it makes sense no matter what
429 2020-04-09T19:08:46  <wumpus> even reduces code size a bit
430 2020-04-09T19:09:03  <sipa> but if we want to make sure rebroad's issue is fixed in 0.20... we have no choice but to wait for him
431 2020-04-09T19:09:07  <sipa> i think we can do that in rc1
432 2020-04-09T19:09:13  <jarthur> If anyone needs time on a machine w/ hardware SHA-NI for profiling/memory sanitization, send me your SSH pubkey and I'll give you a VM
433 2020-04-09T19:09:26  <sipa> i have one too
434 2020-04-09T19:09:36  <wumpus> I'm not going to hold up rc1 on them testing it
435 2020-04-09T19:09:39  <sipa> a machine without sse4 would be more useful :p
436 2020-04-09T19:10:00  <luke-jr> (proposed topic: change destdata)
437 2020-04-09T19:10:01  <sipa> there are very few x86_64 systems without sse4 i think
438 2020-04-09T19:10:12  <luke-jr> although maybe better for wallet meeting tomorrow
439 2020-04-09T19:10:21  <wumpus> true, even my old dev machine has "sse4a"
440 2020-04-09T19:10:29  <luke-jr> (but does relate to 0.20)
441 2020-04-09T19:12:41  <elichai2> jarthur: I would like to run some UB sanitizer on the patch, just because I'm a bit uncomfortable with C++'s alignment rules
442 2020-04-09T19:13:05  <wumpus> in that case, let's do rc1 without it
443 2020-04-09T19:13:11  <sipa> ack
444 2020-04-09T19:13:16  *** kabaum has quit IRC
445 2020-04-09T19:13:32  <cfields> elichai2: if you're that uncomfortable, there's an intrinsic that doesn't require alignment.
446 2020-04-09T19:13:46  <luke-jr> should probably get at least #18572 into 0.20
447 2020-04-09T19:13:48  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18572 | Wallet: Accept "changedata" db key as an alias to "destdata" by luke-jr · Pull Request #18572 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
448 2020-04-09T19:13:56  <cfields> compiler might even auto-upgrade it?
449 2020-04-09T19:14:11  <sipa> cfields: i don't think it can
450 2020-04-09T19:14:14  <wumpus> the current solution has 0 overhead at least
451 2020-04-09T19:14:18  <elichai2> cfields: I'm not saying it's UB/ID just that I don't know the rules well enough :) I assume the unaligned load is costlier
452 2020-04-09T19:14:31  <sipa> elichai2: on most systems they have the same cost, but not all
453 2020-04-09T19:14:33  <wumpus> it even generates the same code as before
454 2020-04-09T19:15:00  *** jarthur has quit IRC
455 2020-04-09T19:15:14  <elichai2> sipa: I thought SIMD instructions do require aligned pointers. unlike regular loads/stores
456 2020-04-09T19:15:22  <elichai2> (x86/x86_64)
457 2020-04-09T19:15:23  <cfields> yeah, I'm not really understanding the concern. We use alignment tricks in sse4 as well.
458 2020-04-09T19:15:26  <sipa> elichai2: correct
459 2020-04-09T19:15:33  <luke-jr> depends on the CPU in my expereince
460 2020-04-09T19:15:43  <wumpus> yes, alignas(__m128i) should just work
461 2020-04-09T19:15:46  <sipa> elichai2: movdqa requires alignment, movdqu does not
462 2020-04-09T19:16:11  <elichai2> Ok, if other people are confident in this than I'm ACK too
463 2020-04-09T19:16:15  <luke-jr> for a long time at least, Mesa and glibc used ssse3 for memcpy-type stuff, even when unaligned - and it broke on (IIRC) Sandy Bridge
464 2020-04-09T19:16:15  <sipa> but still on most systems they have the same cost; the distinction was made because on early CPUs they differed
465 2020-04-09T19:16:35  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
466 2020-04-09T19:17:28  <wumpus> we use alignas() in a few other places too
467 2020-04-09T19:17:43  <wumpus> if the compier ignores it, we're screwed with regard to UB in either case
468 2020-04-09T19:17:46  <sipa> yeah, i'm not worried about the alignment thing
469 2020-04-09T19:17:59  <wumpus> (prevector comes to mind)
470 2020-04-09T19:19:06  <elichai2> wasn't there a UB in a version of prevector?
471 2020-04-09T19:19:43  <wumpus> yes, that was solved using the current explicit construction
472 2020-04-09T19:19:52  <sipa> elichai2: the kind of technically-UB-by-the-C++-spec-but-not-on-any-real-platform one only, afaik
473 2020-04-09T19:20:04  <wumpus> it wasn't alignas()'s fault
474 2020-04-09T19:20:07  <elichai2> isn't that the worse kind? :P
475 2020-04-09T19:20:28  <sipa> elichai2: i think bugs that affect production code are just *slightly* more serious
476 2020-04-09T19:20:30  <elichai2> right it's a pragma thing
477 2020-04-09T19:21:11  <elichai2> anyhow, we're talking about this too much :) I'm ACK if people feel confident, my lack of understanding shouldn't stop anything
478 2020-04-09T19:21:16  <jeremyrubin> just noting that there is a pragma free version of prevector that could be written and has no UB; but it's a bigger refactor
479 2020-04-09T19:21:27  <cfields> elichai2: nothing wrong with being paranoid.
480 2020-04-09T19:21:33  <sipa> of course
481 2020-04-09T19:21:50  <wumpus> #topic deprecating signrawtx RPCs (achow101)
482 2020-04-09T19:22:11  <wumpus> jeremyrubin: we're not discussing refactoring prevector again :)
483 2020-04-09T19:23:01  <achow101> so multisig signrawtransaction workflows don't work with descriptor wallets
484 2020-04-09T19:23:20  <achow101> I was thinking that because we have psbt now, we should deprecate the signrawtx RPCs
485 2020-04-09T19:23:35  <MarcoFalke> completely or only for multisig?
486 2020-04-09T19:23:38  <jonasschnelli> can you quickly elaborate why it won't work with desc. wallets?
487 2020-04-09T19:23:40  <wumpus> I'm not generally in favor of depracating signrawtx RPCs, many people use the raw transactions workflow
488 2020-04-09T19:23:48  <achow101> it should be a longer deprecation cycle because it's so widely used
489 2020-04-09T19:23:53  <wumpus> if we do it should be *very* well documented first
490 2020-04-09T19:24:00  <sipa> i'm not so convinced here
491 2020-04-09T19:24:00  <jonasschnelli> agree with wumpus
492 2020-04-09T19:24:20  <sipa> i believe it's good to "nudge" people towards PSBT, but deprecation is probably too hard a hammer for that
493 2020-04-09T19:24:28  <luke-jr> [19:23:38] <jonasschnelli> can you quickly elaborate why it won't work with desc. wallets?
494 2020-04-09T19:24:29  <wumpus> like make a blog post how to *old thing* in *new way*
495 2020-04-09T19:24:33  <achow101> jonasschnelli: because of the separation of watchonly things, currently we can't create a wallet that has both the multisig script and keys to sign for it
496 2020-04-09T19:24:36  <wumpus> yes, I agree
497 2020-04-09T19:24:51  <achow101> so doing a multisig becomes a half assed psbt workflow
498 2020-04-09T19:25:09  <sipa> achow101: i don't understand why we'd want descriptor wallets to not support private keys for multisig
499 2020-04-09T19:25:46  <achow101> sipa: the issue is with exporting the private keys to the multisig
500 2020-04-09T19:25:59  <achow101> IIRC there was contention about exporting keys that used unhardened derivation
501 2020-04-09T19:26:06  <jonasschnelli> are those technical or conceptual limitations?
502 2020-04-09T19:26:17  <sipa> achow101: so use hardened derivation?
503 2020-04-09T19:26:22  <achow101> jonasschnelli: conceptual and current implementation limitations
504 2020-04-09T19:26:51  <sipa> i understand there may be UI issues on how to make this easy
505 2020-04-09T19:27:20  <sipa> but say you have a private key, even generated manually or whatever... you should be able to import a descriptor for a multisig based on it, and have that private key in the same wallet
506 2020-04-09T19:27:44  *** go11111111111 has quit IRC
507 2020-04-09T19:28:01  <achow101> sipa: sure
508 2020-04-09T19:28:04  *** go11111111111 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
509 2020-04-09T19:28:13  <sipa> and that would work fine with signraw*, right?
510 2020-04-09T19:28:17  <achow101> (this is also partly in the context of making all of the RPC tests work)
511 2020-04-09T19:28:31  <achow101> sipa: yes
512 2020-04-09T19:29:33  *** jonatack has quit IRC
513 2020-04-09T19:29:35  <sipa> ok
514 2020-04-09T19:30:01  <achow101> but conceptually, it feels like psbt should be a directly replacement to raw txs, so we should move to remove those eventually
515 2020-04-09T19:30:31  <jonasschnelli> I could understand why the signraw commands could refuse to work for BIP44-ish descriptor wallets (due to the hardening violation),... though for manual privkey-ckd it should work
516 2020-04-09T19:30:36  *** amsudeep has quit IRC
517 2020-04-09T19:30:58  <sipa> jonasschnelli: once you have all the right things in a descriptor wallet, it doesn't matter - hardened or not
518 2020-04-09T19:31:14  <sipa> (is my understanding)
519 2020-04-09T19:31:58  <sipa> achow101: i think my preference would be to mark signraw* as in "maintenance mode" or so, where they don't receive new features (e.g. they wouldn't support taproot signing when that gets in)
520 2020-04-09T19:32:04  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
521 2020-04-09T19:32:10  <instagibbs> +1
522 2020-04-09T19:32:29  <sipa> but i feel like deprecation is kind of ruthless
523 2020-04-09T19:32:38  <achow101> I was thinking of an extra long deprecation cycle
524 2020-04-09T19:32:40  <wumpus> yes
525 2020-04-09T19:32:52  <instagibbs> imo I think the tooling is too widely used and PSBT still has an adoption curve to hit
526 2020-04-09T19:32:58  <wumpus> agree
527 2020-04-09T19:33:00  <achow101> like 2 releases with a note saying it's deprecated, but don't disable yet. then 2 releases with it hidden behind -deprecatedprc. then remove
528 2020-04-09T19:33:02  <instagibbs> the tooling meaning *raw*
529 2020-04-09T19:33:05  <wumpus> maybe in a few years bring this up again :)
530 2020-04-09T19:34:08  * achow101 adds to 2022 calendar
531 2020-04-09T19:34:33  <jonasschnelli> I can't completely follow why we should remove/deprecate it since in many use cases those commands work fine.
532 2020-04-09T19:34:57  <jonasschnelli> (the accounting system had conceptual flaw in contrast)
533 2020-04-09T19:35:02  <jonasschnelli> *flaws
534 2020-04-09T19:35:08  <luke-jr> jonasschnelli: what flaws?
535 2020-04-09T19:35:09  <wumpus> yes
536 2020-04-09T19:35:20  <sipa> jonasschnelli: i think the reasoning is "it's hard to make it work nicely with descriptors, and there is a better system already... would be easy to just get rid of it"
537 2020-04-09T19:35:24  <luke-jr> the accounting system worked fine AFAIK, just nobody cared to maintain it
538 2020-04-09T19:35:30  <wumpus> accounting system discussion is off topic
539 2020-04-09T19:35:34  <luke-jr> true
540 2020-04-09T19:36:00  <luke-jr> couldn't signrawtx be reimplemented as a wrapper around PSBT?
541 2020-04-09T19:36:01  <jonasschnelli> is the plan to only support descriptor wallets in the future?
542 2020-04-09T19:36:02  <jonasschnelli> with some sort of migration
543 2020-04-09T19:36:14  <sipa> luke-jr: yes (and probably should), but that wouldn't solve the problem
544 2020-04-09T19:36:17  *** go11111111111 is now known as go1111111
545 2020-04-09T19:36:24  <achow101> my plan is to make descriptor wallets the default wallet type
546 2020-04-09T19:36:27  <achow101> eventually
547 2020-04-09T19:36:55  <jonasschnelli> this would be fine. As long as "legacy" wallets are still supported, signwith* commands shound't go away?
548 2020-04-09T19:37:33  <sipa> the issue (as i understand it) is constructing a descriptor wallet that has all the same pieces of information as a current legacy wallet is unclear (where do the keys come from, how to import without reintroducing mixed wallets or watching the wrong kind of things...)
549 2020-04-09T19:37:54  <achow101> sipa: yes
550 2020-04-09T19:38:01  <sipa> i believe it would be nice to spend some time on actually solving that... because there is no technical reason why a descriptor wallet couldn't have that information
551 2020-04-09T19:38:16  <jonasschnelli> exactly
552 2020-04-09T19:38:35  <sipa> achow101: FWIW, i think your envisioned workflow (having two wallets, one with the multisig, and one with the private keys) is also pretty suboptimal
553 2020-04-09T19:38:37  <jonasschnelli> we shouldn't enforce modes of use due to solvable technical imitations
554 2020-04-09T19:38:42  <MarcoFalke> If the call doesn't work with descriptor wallets, it should be disabled for those wallets, not for legacy wallets as well.
555 2020-04-09T19:38:46  <MarcoFalke> agree with jonasschnelli
556 2020-04-09T19:38:53  <sipa> it isn't a technical limitation
557 2020-04-09T19:39:02  <sipa> it's an unsolved UI question
558 2020-04-09T19:39:12  <sipa> (where UI includes RPC and workflows)
559 2020-04-09T19:41:07  *** vasild_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
560 2020-04-09T19:42:03  <achow101> i suppose it is
561 2020-04-09T19:42:57  <sipa> i don't think disabling signraw* for descriptor wallets would even solve the root of the issue - users would still need a workaround to do what they could before (having two wallets, and run PSBT RPCs on both)
562 2020-04-09T19:43:08  <jonasschnelli> achow101: maybe you could write a short gist/paper about the issue for help us to understand it better?
563 2020-04-09T19:43:32  <sipa> can i try in 3 lines?
564 2020-04-09T19:43:36  <jonasschnelli> plz
565 2020-04-09T19:43:49  <achow101> jonasschnelli: sure. I should write release notes for descriptor wallets anyways and there should be section on known limitations
566 2020-04-09T19:43:55  *** sipsorcery has quit IRC
567 2020-04-09T19:44:43  *** vasild has quit IRC
568 2020-04-09T19:44:44  *** vasild_ is now known as vasild
569 2020-04-09T19:44:53  <wumpus> +1
570 2020-04-09T19:45:04  <sipa> currently you can construct a legacy wallet which has (1) a private key for one key and (2) watchonly records for multisigs involving that public key - this is crazy (because it means payments to the individual single key will be treated as incoming money, unable to separate it from the multisig funds), but it works great: you have the script information (the the multisig watchonly) and the private
571 2020-04-09T19:45:10  <sipa> key for one of the keys in one wallet,...
572 2020-04-09T19:45:13  <sipa> so it can do everything
573 2020-04-09T19:46:58  <sipa> in descriptor wallets, you'd need to explicitly import a descriptor for the multisig, and then add a private key for one - you can't have started with a wallet that had that private key already as a single-key wallet (because then you reintroduce the mixing of singlekey/multisig funds), and you can't export that private key from another wallet (because we don't want export of non-hardened keys)....
574 2020-04-09T19:47:04  <sipa> so where does it come from?
575 2020-04-09T19:47:31  <sipa> i think the only question is a UX one around construction of such wallets
576 2020-04-09T19:47:55  <sipa> </fin>
577 2020-04-09T19:48:22  <jonasschnelli> I see. So one would need a watch-only-ms desc wallet and a single-key desc wallet for signing the PSBT (or whatever)
578 2020-04-09T19:48:50  <achow101> yes
579 2020-04-09T19:48:59  <achow101> and with both psbt and raw tx, the workflow is the same
580 2020-04-09T19:48:59  <sipa> right, that would work - and the PSBT would carry the script information from the watch-only-ms wallet to the signing-key wallet
581 2020-04-09T19:49:04  <instagibbs> user stories may help cover cases, I tend to only think about MY use case
582 2020-04-09T19:49:18  <jonasschnelli> Which the signraw commands could construct in the background (assume providing all the infos)?
583 2020-04-09T19:49:21  <luke-jr> aren't the multisig funds classified as watchonly?
584 2020-04-09T19:49:53  <sipa> luke-jr: right, fair - that's the reason watchonly exists
585 2020-04-09T19:49:56  <achow101> you go to the watch-only-ms wallet with a psbt or rawtx, it adds the scripts. then you go to the single-key wallet and sign it. it's the same workflow, but psbt is better suited for carrying this data
586 2020-04-09T19:50:14  <sipa> but it's ridiculous that you currently can't do multisig stuff without also having payments to individual keys as balance in your wallet
587 2020-04-09T19:50:35  <jonasschnelli> sipa: though that is rarely used, right?
588 2020-04-09T19:50:45  <sipa> jonasschnelli: "used" ?
589 2020-04-09T19:50:47  <sipa> it's an attack
590 2020-04-09T19:51:10  <sipa> you can send funds to a individual key in a multisig, and the user may think it's paid to the multisig
591 2020-04-09T19:51:16  <luke-jr> so we need a way to have can-sign non-ismine descriptors
592 2020-04-09T19:51:22  <jonasschnelli> Kida. Yes. I see. Agree that it is a flaw/ridiculous
593 2020-04-09T19:51:31  <sipa> luke-jr: descriptor wallets already do that
594 2020-04-09T19:51:35  <achow101> luke-jr: we already do that. it's a question of the scripts
595 2020-04-09T19:51:58  <sipa> we just need a good way to import a multisig descriptor + individual key into a descriptor wallet
596 2020-04-09T19:51:59  <instagibbs> IsMine implementation in descriptor is a relative beauty :P
597 2020-04-09T19:52:25  <sipa> if that works, signraw* and PSBT* will function just as before
598 2020-04-09T19:52:34  <sipa> if that doesn't work, it's going to be shitty to use for both
599 2020-04-09T19:52:39  <jonasschnelli> Now I see why it's a UX issue. We have set our own limitations which IMO could be worked around by creating the right structures on the fly for the signraw* commands when using desc.-wallets
600 2020-04-09T19:52:46  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
601 2020-04-09T19:53:10  <instagibbs> achow101, if you do this you're also going to have to get rid of the "private keys disabled" hack we've been using
602 2020-04-09T19:53:25  <instagibbs> to detect if we want to do PSBT stuff or try to sign the transaction
603 2020-04-09T19:54:19  <achow101> instagibbs: I don't think so. but I'll experiment
604 2020-04-09T19:54:40  <achow101> jonasschnelli: which "right structures"
605 2020-04-09T19:54:43  <instagibbs> achow101, well, if there exists a private key, it will try to sign and fail unexpectedly, I think, but you can test yes :)
606 2020-04-09T19:56:04  <jeremyrubin> BTW: if you have thoughts on BIP-119 Next Steps please submit them in this survey; want to collect feedback from everyone https://forms.gle/rT3v4JjHbdn3RMnL6
607 2020-04-09T19:57:03  <instagibbs> The wallet should just probably know explicitly that it should try to auto-sign or return a PSBT, but that's yet another UX q.
608 2020-04-09T19:57:37  <wumpus> 3 minutes to go
609 2020-04-09T19:57:57  <jonasschnelli> achow101: maybe I get it wrong. But if someone invokes a signraw, depending on the input, you could create either a watch-only-ms wallet or a single-privkey wallet in the background and use the PSBT workflow
610 2020-04-09T19:58:36  <achow101> but where does the multisig script come from?
611 2020-04-09T19:59:01  <sipa> jonasschnelli: the question is not about signraw* or PSBT*; the question is constructing a wallet that has the right information
612 2020-04-09T19:59:08  <achow101> it's not hard to wrap signrawtx around psbts so it uses psbt internally. but it just doesn't have all of the data there
613 2020-04-09T19:59:24  <luke-jr> descriptor wallets can or can't have multiple descriptors?
614 2020-04-09T19:59:36  <jonasschnelli> provide it manually or provide it via a second wallet
615 2020-04-09T19:59:55  <sipa> luke-jr: can; change and payments in general will come from distinct descriptors
616 2020-04-09T20:00:12  <instagibbs> luke-jr, you can import any number of descriptors, there are 6 "Active" ones, aka keypool, by default
617 2020-04-09T20:00:30  <achow101> luke-jr: can, but having a descriptor wallet contain both multisig and single key descriptors goes back to the mixed watchonly wallet thing
618 2020-04-09T20:00:39  <instagibbs> legacy/p2sh-segwit/bech32 x internal/external
619 2020-04-09T20:00:49  <luke-jr> achow101: not if you flag the single-keys descriptor as non-ismine?
620 2020-04-09T20:00:54  <wumpus> sorry, time to wrap up the meeting
621 2020-04-09T20:00:56  <achow101> jonasschnelli: yes, and that's the shitty ux sipa was talking about
622 2020-04-09T20:01:06  <wumpus> #endmeeting
623 2020-04-09T20:01:06  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Apr  9 20:01:06 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
624 2020-04-09T20:01:06  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-04-09-19.00.html
625 2020-04-09T20:01:06  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-04-09-19.00.txt
626 2020-04-09T20:01:06  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-04-09-19.00.log.html
627 2020-04-09T20:01:24  <instagibbs> luke-jr, what you need is a way to import a key and say "yeah it's not an address", right
628 2020-04-09T20:01:38  <instagibbs> that's what people were discussing
629 2020-04-09T20:01:58  <sipa> instagibbs: and also how do you then come up with that key
630 2020-04-09T20:02:11  <luke-jr> [19:51:16] <luke-jr> so we need a way to have can-sign non-ismine descriptors [19:51:31] <sipa> luke-jr: descriptor wallets already do that
631 2020-04-09T20:02:12  <luke-jr> :/
632 2020-04-09T20:02:31  <sipa> luke-jr: the internals can do this fine
633 2020-04-09T20:02:35  <sipa> the question is UX
634 2020-04-09T20:02:40  <achow101> luke-jr: given a psbt with the redeemScript, a descriptor wallet without the multisig can sign the psbt
635 2020-04-09T20:02:48  <instagibbs> if you have a privkey, and it can sign something, it does. So single-key desc wallet can sign a multisig
636 2020-04-09T20:02:55  <instagibbs> but that's a 2 wallet solution
637 2020-04-09T20:03:11  <sipa> but it there shouldn't need to be any single-key desc wallet whatsoever
638 2020-04-09T20:03:19  <instagibbs> right
639 2020-04-09T20:03:21  <sipa> there should just be one multisig wallet with one of the keys
640 2020-04-09T20:03:22  <instagibbs> "just a key"
641 2020-04-09T20:03:28  <luke-jr> achow101: descriptor wallet w/ multisig descriptors ismine + singlekey descriptors non-ismine?
642 2020-04-09T20:03:37  <jonasschnelli> I think that -> <sipa> there should just be one multisig wallet with one of the keys
643 2020-04-09T20:03:43  <achow101> luke-jr: can't do that
644 2020-04-09T20:03:47  <luke-jr> why not?
645 2020-04-09T20:03:57  <sipa> luke-jr: my point is that's even a stretch; there shouldn't be a singlekey descriptor at all
646 2020-04-09T20:04:09  <sipa> a descriptor is a way to encode information about scriptPubKeys
647 2020-04-09T20:04:14  <sipa> there is no interesting scriptPubKey here
648 2020-04-09T20:04:25  <jnewbery> sipa: we didn't get to it in the meeting, but is the future of asmap to fork https://github.com/sipa/asmap to https://github.com/bitcoin-core/asmap ?
649 2020-04-09T20:04:35  <sipa> there should just be a key in the wallet, without a descriptor for the single-key version of that key
650 2020-04-09T20:05:06  <luke-jr> sipa: so just multisig descriptor + private seed
651 2020-04-09T20:05:13  <sipa> luke-jr: right, something like that
652 2020-04-09T20:05:28  <instagibbs> "just"
653 2020-04-09T20:05:29  <instagibbs> ;P
654 2020-04-09T20:05:52  <sipa> jnewbery: #18573 would make my asmap repo obsolete
655 2020-04-09T20:05:54  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18573 | [RFC] bitcoin-asmap utility by sipa · Pull Request #18573 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
656 2020-04-09T20:06:27  <sipa> we still need infrastructure for determining the mappings we want, which gleb has been working on
657 2020-04-09T20:17:55  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
658 2020-04-09T20:19:12  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
659 2020-04-09T20:20:10  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
660 2020-04-09T20:20:37  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
661 2020-04-09T20:20:55  *** ddustin has quit IRC
662 2020-04-09T20:21:14  *** ddustin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
663 2020-04-09T20:34:08  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
664 2020-04-09T20:35:26  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
665 2020-04-09T20:45:27  *** kristapsk has quit IRC
666 2020-04-09T20:46:17  *** kristapsk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
667 2020-04-09T20:53:21  *** fearbeag has quit IRC
668 2020-04-09T21:00:02  *** ram1 has quit IRC
669 2020-04-09T21:12:41  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
670 2020-04-09T21:14:07  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
671 2020-04-09T21:21:05  *** AntiSpamMeta has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
672 2020-04-09T21:21:16  *** AntiSpamMeta is now known as Guest9036
673 2020-04-09T21:24:50  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
674 2020-04-09T21:38:02  *** jarthur has quit IRC
675 2020-04-09T21:43:25  *** manantial has quit IRC
676 2020-04-09T22:09:25  *** filchef has quit IRC
677 2020-04-09T22:11:43  *** per has quit IRC
678 2020-04-09T22:15:47  *** dr-orlovsky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
679 2020-04-09T22:21:59  <achow101> jonasschnelli: https://gist.github.com/achow101/94d889715afd49181f8efdca1f9faa25 here's a writeup of some of the issues
680 2020-04-09T22:22:16  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
681 2020-04-09T22:23:08  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
682 2020-04-09T22:27:45  <sipa> achow101: i think exporting descriptors (without private keys) should always be fine
683 2020-04-09T22:28:31  <achow101> sipa: yes, but it's only really useful if unhardened derivation is being used
684 2020-04-09T22:28:40  <sipa> agree
685 2020-04-09T22:29:18  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
686 2020-04-09T22:29:18  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] promag opened pull request #18578: gui: Fix itemWalletAddress leak when not tree mode (master...2020-fix-coincontroldialog-leak) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18578
687 2020-04-09T22:29:19  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
688 2020-04-09T22:29:25  <achow101> so one question is how to support the two use cases in the same wallet
689 2020-04-09T22:31:05  <sipa> i *think* that exporting descriptors including private keys is also fine, as it doesn't risk exporting something that leaks the entire wallet while the user thinks it's just a single key (as in: it'll always leak the entire thing)
690 2020-04-09T22:31:45  <sipa> but it shouldn't be possible to export derived private keys (except maybe if they're hardened... unsure)
691 2020-04-09T22:32:28  <achow101> yes
692 2020-04-09T22:33:10  <achow101> but exporting derived keys is necessary for the usual multisig workflow
693 2020-04-09T22:33:36  <achow101> otherwise all you can do are ranged multisigs when maybe you just want a one time thing
694 2020-04-09T22:34:35  <sipa> i feel that in that case you should also have started from just a single key, rather than an xpub
695 2020-04-09T22:34:46  <sipa> i see the complication, but i'm not sure how important it is
696 2020-04-09T22:34:56  <achow101> but how would you have started from just a single key?
697 2020-04-09T22:35:03  <sipa> that's a great question :p
698 2020-04-09T22:41:07  <sipa> it would be great if a ranged multisig setup already just worked
699 2020-04-09T22:43:07  <sipa> say there was an RPC generatexpub which would generate an xprv, and import the private key, but not watch anything, and then return the xpub
700 2020-04-09T22:44:03  *** Talkless has quit IRC
701 2020-04-09T22:45:19  <achow101> maybe if used a wallet global SigningProvider? so keys aren't associated with the scripts directly
702 2020-04-09T22:45:37  <sipa> yeah, i think that makes sense
703 2020-04-09T22:46:30  <achow101> ugh, rewriting it all again :(
704 2020-04-09T22:47:32  <achow101> i'm not sure that's necessarily useful though
705 2020-04-09T22:48:03  <sipa> you'd still need to be able to generate derived private keys
706 2020-04-09T22:51:02  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
707 2020-04-09T22:51:18  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
708 2020-04-09T22:51:27  <sipa> alternatively, i think it'd be fine if there was just a way to import descriptors with some public and some private keys... without worrying how someone would obtain those for now
709 2020-04-09T22:52:03  <achow101> sipa: yes, but worrying about how someone would obtain those is important
710 2020-04-09T22:52:10  <sipa> oh absolutely
711 2020-04-09T22:52:37  <sipa> but as a first step... that'd be great already
712 2020-04-09T22:59:30  <sipa> fanquake: what is link-time garbage collection?
713 2020-04-09T23:00:31  <fanquake> sipa: basically just the use of --gc-sections.
714 2020-04-09T23:01:08  <fanquake> Curious, was there anything in particular that prompted you to test building like that?
715 2020-04-09T23:06:11  <sipa> fanquake: seeing the size of bitcoin-asmap in #18573
716 2020-04-09T23:06:12  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18573 | [RFC] bitcoin-asmap utility by sipa · Pull Request #18573 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
717 2020-04-09T23:06:48  <sipa> it's around 600 kB, nothing too terrible... but with gc sections etc, it's 100 kB
718 2020-04-09T23:07:12  <sipa> i had always assumed we already enabled those options
719 2020-04-09T23:07:26  <sipa> so i went to check if it would benefit our existing binaries as well
720 2020-04-09T23:25:12  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
721 2020-04-09T23:25:58  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
722 2020-04-09T23:26:02  *** plaza has quit IRC
723 2020-04-09T23:42:54  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
724 2020-04-09T23:42:54  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/405713d00fb4...d486991aa59d
725 2020-04-09T23:42:55  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5ca90f8 fanquake: scripts: add MACHO lazy bindings check to security-check.py
726 2020-04-09T23:42:55  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d486991 fanquake: Merge #18295: scripts: add MACHO lazy bindings check to security-check.py
727 2020-04-09T23:42:58  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
728 2020-04-09T23:43:18  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
729 2020-04-09T23:43:18  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #18295: scripts: add MACHO lazy bindings check to security-check.py (master...does_noone_care_about_MH_BINDATLOAD_anymore) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18295
730 2020-04-09T23:43:20  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
731 2020-04-09T23:45:52  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
732 2020-04-09T23:59:01  *** ddustin has quit IRC