1 2020-04-30T00:00:01  *** phyll1s_work has quit IRC
  2 2020-04-30T00:00:54  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  3 2020-04-30T00:00:55  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
  4 2020-04-30T00:01:10  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  5 2020-04-30T00:02:02  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
  6 2020-04-30T00:09:41  *** SiAnDoG has quit IRC
  7 2020-04-30T00:10:45  *** SiAnDoG has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  8 2020-04-30T00:19:16  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
  9 2020-04-30T00:21:58  *** KuluBot has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 10 2020-04-30T00:34:31  *** brakmic_ has quit IRC
 11 2020-04-30T00:38:02  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
 12 2020-04-30T00:38:23  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 13 2020-04-30T00:38:54  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
 14 2020-04-30T00:48:35  *** soju has quit IRC
 15 2020-04-30T00:49:14  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
 16 2020-04-30T00:57:51  *** promag has quit IRC
 17 2020-04-30T01:01:51  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 18 2020-04-30T01:09:38  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
 19 2020-04-30T01:17:19  *** TheRec has quit IRC
 20 2020-04-30T01:17:36  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 21 2020-04-30T01:17:36  *** TheRec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 22 2020-04-30T01:23:10  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2020-04-30T01:33:51  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 24 2020-04-30T01:39:49  *** promag has quit IRC
 25 2020-04-30T01:52:11  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 26 2020-04-30T02:58:42  *** midnight is now known as midnightmagic
 27 2020-04-30T02:59:09  *** midnightmagic is now known as midnight
 28 2020-04-30T03:00:02  *** KuluBot has quit IRC
 29 2020-04-30T03:05:11  *** dqx has quit IRC
 30 2020-04-30T03:06:55  *** dqx has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 31 2020-04-30T03:21:26  *** Seran1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 32 2020-04-30T03:22:48  *** yzernik has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 33 2020-04-30T03:30:32  *** DeanGuss has quit IRC
 34 2020-04-30T03:30:46  *** DeanGuss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 35 2020-04-30T03:48:40  *** molz_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 36 2020-04-30T03:51:20  *** mol_ has quit IRC
 37 2020-04-30T04:14:18  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
 38 2020-04-30T04:15:02  *** Technoprenerd has quit IRC
 39 2020-04-30T04:16:30  *** Technoprenerd has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 40 2020-04-30T04:28:19  <kallewoof> Fjahr and jonatack have both done great reviews on #18267. Would hate to see that effort go wasted, so please review if time permits.
 41 2020-04-30T04:28:23  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18267 | BIP-325: Signet [consensus] by kallewoof · Pull Request #18267 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 42 2020-04-30T05:06:13  *** Talkless has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 43 2020-04-30T05:18:35  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 44 2020-04-30T05:23:36  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
 45 2020-04-30T05:36:17  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 46 2020-04-30T05:41:03  *** promag has quit IRC
 47 2020-04-30T05:42:23  *** bitdex_ has quit IRC
 48 2020-04-30T05:50:10  *** bitdex_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 49 2020-04-30T05:55:51  *** whjms has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 50 2020-04-30T05:55:57  *** whjms has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 51 2020-04-30T06:00:01  *** Seran1 has quit IRC
 52 2020-04-30T06:21:18  *** alct has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 53 2020-04-30T06:56:32  *** frogar has quit IRC
 54 2020-04-30T07:13:59  *** Guest35617 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 55 2020-04-30T07:16:23  *** go11111111111 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 56 2020-04-30T07:19:16  *** go121212 has quit IRC
 57 2020-04-30T07:27:19  *** mol_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 58 2020-04-30T07:29:45  *** molz_ has quit IRC
 59 2020-04-30T07:31:29  *** emilengler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 60 2020-04-30T07:31:38  *** frogar has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 61 2020-04-30T07:34:04  *** mol has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 62 2020-04-30T07:36:12  *** mol_ has quit IRC
 63 2020-04-30T07:36:29  *** infernix has quit IRC
 64 2020-04-30T07:46:56  *** dviola has quit IRC
 65 2020-04-30T07:51:25  *** infernix has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 66 2020-04-30T08:06:11  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 67 2020-04-30T08:19:40  *** marcoagner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 68 2020-04-30T08:27:02  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 69 2020-04-30T08:27:53  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 70 2020-04-30T08:32:32  *** promag_ has quit IRC
 71 2020-04-30T08:34:07  *** emilengler has quit IRC
 72 2020-04-30T08:35:15  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
 73 2020-04-30T08:42:02  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 74 2020-04-30T08:45:59  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 75 2020-04-30T08:46:00  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/36c0abd8f61b...63d5ed2fc458
 76 2020-04-30T08:46:00  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 182dbdf Vasil Dimov: util: Detect posix_fallocate() instead of assuming
 77 2020-04-30T08:46:01  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 63d5ed2 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #18437: util: Detect posix_fallocate() instead of assuming
 78 2020-04-30T08:46:04  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 79 2020-04-30T08:46:17  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 80 2020-04-30T08:46:44  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 81 2020-04-30T08:46:44  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #18437: util: Detect posix_fallocate() instead of assuming (master...posix_fallocate) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18437
 82 2020-04-30T08:46:46  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 83 2020-04-30T08:55:17  *** brakmic has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 84 2020-04-30T08:56:25  *** TheFuzzStone[m] has quit IRC
 85 2020-04-30T08:56:30  *** mrostecki has quit IRC
 86 2020-04-30T08:56:31  *** icota[m] has quit IRC
 87 2020-04-30T08:56:36  *** inpharmaticist[m has quit IRC
 88 2020-04-30T08:57:01  *** thunderbiscuit[m has quit IRC
 89 2020-04-30T08:57:03  *** andytoshi has quit IRC
 90 2020-04-30T08:58:59  *** Guest35617 has quit IRC
 91 2020-04-30T09:00:01  *** alct has quit IRC
 92 2020-04-30T09:00:19  *** Guest35617 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 93 2020-04-30T09:00:50  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 94 2020-04-30T09:00:50  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #18825: test: fix message for ECC_InitSanityCheck test (master...openssl_insanity) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18825
 95 2020-04-30T09:00:51  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 96 2020-04-30T09:03:27  *** andytoshi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 97 2020-04-30T09:03:27  *** andytoshi has quit IRC
 98 2020-04-30T09:03:27  *** andytoshi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 99 2020-04-30T09:04:54  *** kexkey has quit IRC
100 2020-04-30T09:05:22  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
101 2020-04-30T09:08:31  *** thunderbiscuit[m has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
102 2020-04-30T09:15:46  *** icota[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
103 2020-04-30T09:15:46  *** TheFuzzStone[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
104 2020-04-30T09:15:46  *** mrostecki has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
105 2020-04-30T09:15:52  *** inpharmaticist[m has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
106 2020-04-30T09:17:39  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
107 2020-04-30T09:17:39  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 5 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/63d5ed2fc458...35ef3c15ef82
108 2020-04-30T09:17:40  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7cbfebb Pieter Wuille: Update ax_cxx_compile_stdcxx.m4
109 2020-04-30T09:17:40  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0fbde48 Pieter Wuille: Support conversion between Spans of compatible types
110 2020-04-30T09:17:41  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7829685 Pieter Wuille: Add configure option for c++17
111 2020-04-30T09:17:42  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
112 2020-04-30T09:18:04  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
113 2020-04-30T09:18:04  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #18591: Add C++17 build to Travis (master...202004_c++17) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18591
114 2020-04-30T09:18:05  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
115 2020-04-30T09:20:46  *** dougsko1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
116 2020-04-30T09:23:03  *** Brennon28Durgan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
117 2020-04-30T09:31:23  *** per has quit IRC
118 2020-04-30T09:33:47  *** timothy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
119 2020-04-30T09:35:26  *** emilengler has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
120 2020-04-30T09:36:20  *** DeanGuss has quit IRC
121 2020-04-30T09:36:34  *** DeanGuss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
122 2020-04-30T09:45:43  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
123 2020-04-30T09:45:44  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/35ef3c15ef82...afed2e98b0e3
124 2020-04-30T09:45:44  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ff6549c Chris Abrams: fix: update rest info on block size and json
125 2020-04-30T09:45:45  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master afed2e9 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #18810: doc: update rest info on block size and json
126 2020-04-30T09:45:46  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
127 2020-04-30T09:46:03  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
128 2020-04-30T09:46:04  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #18810: doc: update rest info on block size and json (master...18703) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18810
129 2020-04-30T09:46:04  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
130 2020-04-30T09:46:16  <wumpus> I've always been sceptical toward thread_local use and wouldn't mind if it was removed, though I'm kind of surprised by the enormous performance impact
131 2020-04-30T09:46:52  <wumpus> we don't do thread name lookups for debug messages that aren't logged do we?
132 2020-04-30T09:48:42  *** promag_ has quit IRC
133 2020-04-30T09:51:24  *** andrewtoth has quit IRC
134 2020-04-30T09:51:50  *** andrewtoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
135 2020-04-30T09:53:34  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
136 2020-04-30T09:53:34  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] rvagg opened pull request #18826: Expose txinwitness for coinbase in JSON form from RPC (master...rvagg/txinwitness-for-coinbase) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18826
137 2020-04-30T09:53:35  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2020-04-30T10:09:08  *** Emcy has quit IRC
139 2020-04-30T10:13:04  *** auger has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
140 2020-04-30T10:17:42  *** Emcy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
141 2020-04-30T10:20:52  *** kakobrekla has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
142 2020-04-30T10:24:56  *** Declan83Quitzon has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
143 2020-04-30T10:32:57  *** promag has quit IRC
144 2020-04-30T10:41:29  *** vasild_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
145 2020-04-30T10:42:40  *** ghost43_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
146 2020-04-30T10:43:08  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
147 2020-04-30T10:44:23  *** vasild has quit IRC
148 2020-04-30T10:44:24  *** vasild_ is now known as vasild
149 2020-04-30T10:45:43  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
150 2020-04-30T10:48:30  *** Declan83Quitzon has quit IRC
151 2020-04-30T10:50:56  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
152 2020-04-30T10:50:58  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/afed2e98b0e3...64673b1037d6
153 2020-04-30T10:50:59  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0644254 fanquake: validation: Add minimum witness commitment size constant
154 2020-04-30T10:50:59  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 692f830 fanquake: test: add test for witness commitment index
155 2020-04-30T10:51:00  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 64673b1 fanquake: Merge #18780: validation: add const for minimum witness commitment size
156 2020-04-30T10:51:02  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
157 2020-04-30T10:51:16  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
158 2020-04-30T10:51:17  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #18780: validation: add const for minimum witness commitment size (master...minimum_witness_size) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18780
159 2020-04-30T10:51:17  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
160 2020-04-30T10:56:09  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
161 2020-04-30T10:59:57  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
162 2020-04-30T11:07:35  *** per has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
163 2020-04-30T11:10:51  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
164 2020-04-30T11:10:52  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/64673b1037d6...cf5e3be5ea74
165 2020-04-30T11:10:52  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 06e434d fanquake: test: fix message for ECC_InitSanityCheck test
166 2020-04-30T11:10:52  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master cf5e3be MarcoFalke: Merge #18825: test: fix message for ECC_InitSanityCheck test
167 2020-04-30T11:10:54  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
168 2020-04-30T11:10:58  *** Vicenta82Murazik has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
169 2020-04-30T11:11:11  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
170 2020-04-30T11:11:11  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #18825: test: fix message for ECC_InitSanityCheck test (master...openssl_insanity) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18825
171 2020-04-30T11:11:12  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
172 2020-04-30T11:14:03  *** ghost43_ has quit IRC
173 2020-04-30T11:14:53  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
174 2020-04-30T11:16:23  *** vasild has quit IRC
175 2020-04-30T11:18:20  *** Dean_Guss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
176 2020-04-30T11:18:31  *** vasild has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
177 2020-04-30T11:19:10  *** promag_ has quit IRC
178 2020-04-30T11:19:23  *** DeanGuss has quit IRC
179 2020-04-30T11:21:46  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
180 2020-04-30T11:21:47  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/cf5e3be5ea74...00c1a4d9a95e
181 2020-04-30T11:21:47  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fac0cf6 MarcoFalke: rpc: Do not advertise dumptxoutset as a way to flush the chainstate
182 2020-04-30T11:21:47  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 00c1a4d MarcoFalke: Merge #18809: rpc: Do not advertise dumptxoutset as a way to flush the cha...
183 2020-04-30T11:21:48  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
184 2020-04-30T11:22:01  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
185 2020-04-30T11:22:02  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #18809: rpc: Do not advertise dumptxoutset as a way to flush the chainstate (master...2004-rpcNoFlushAdvert) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18809
186 2020-04-30T11:22:02  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
187 2020-04-30T11:24:48  *** Vicenta82Murazik has quit IRC
188 2020-04-30T11:28:14  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
189 2020-04-30T11:32:37  *** promag_ has quit IRC
190 2020-04-30T11:50:55  *** whythat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
191 2020-04-30T11:57:03  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
192 2020-04-30T11:58:51  *** promag_ has quit IRC
193 2020-04-30T12:00:02  *** dougsko1 has quit IRC
194 2020-04-30T12:03:03  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
195 2020-04-30T12:07:26  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
196 2020-04-30T12:07:52  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
197 2020-04-30T12:14:03  *** whythat has quit IRC
198 2020-04-30T12:21:57  *** funkatron has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
199 2020-04-30T12:32:09  *** DeanWeen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
200 2020-04-30T12:34:15  *** Dean_Guss has quit IRC
201 2020-04-30T12:53:36  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
202 2020-04-30T12:53:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] brakmic opened pull request #18827: rpc: added getrpcwhitelist method (master...getrpcwhitelist) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18827
203 2020-04-30T12:53:37  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
204 2020-04-30T13:08:57  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
205 2020-04-30T13:17:47  *** promag_ has quit IRC
206 2020-04-30T13:19:44  *** auger has quit IRC
207 2020-04-30T13:31:43  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
208 2020-04-30T13:31:44  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/00c1a4d9a95e...a66ba6d029b3
209 2020-04-30T13:31:44  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master de8905a Gloria Zhao: test: use unittest and test_runner for test framework unit testing
210 2020-04-30T13:31:45  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a66ba6d MarcoFalke: Merge #18576: test: use unittest for test_framework unit testing
211 2020-04-30T13:31:47  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
212 2020-04-30T13:32:18  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
213 2020-04-30T13:32:18  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #18576: test: use unittest for test_framework unit testing (master...framework-unittests) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18576
214 2020-04-30T13:32:28  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
215 2020-04-30T13:40:22  *** molakala has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
216 2020-04-30T13:42:56  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
217 2020-04-30T13:42:57  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #18828: test: Strip down previous releases boilerplate (master...2004-qaPreviousReleases) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18828
218 2020-04-30T13:42:58  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
219 2020-04-30T13:45:40  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
220 2020-04-30T13:55:02  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
221 2020-04-30T13:55:02  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #18829: ci: Merge C++17 build with one of the existing ones (master...2004-ciSpeedupCxx17) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18829
222 2020-04-30T13:55:03  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
223 2020-04-30T13:58:28  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
224 2020-04-30T13:59:19  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
225 2020-04-30T14:03:02  *** promag_ has quit IRC
226 2020-04-30T14:09:27  *** per has quit IRC
227 2020-04-30T14:09:40  *** per has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
228 2020-04-30T14:30:33  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
229 2020-04-30T14:35:02  *** promag_ has quit IRC
230 2020-04-30T14:48:54  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
231 2020-04-30T14:59:27  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
232 2020-04-30T14:59:28  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] brakmic opened pull request #18830: rpc: add user field to getrpcinfo's json (master...getrpcinfo) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18830
233 2020-04-30T14:59:28  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
234 2020-04-30T15:00:02  *** funkatron has quit IRC
235 2020-04-30T15:08:45  *** jonatack has quit IRC
236 2020-04-30T15:10:35  *** whythat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
237 2020-04-30T15:11:25  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
238 2020-04-30T15:15:27  <luke-jr> any ideas why Travis isn't reporting running/results to BIPs PRs? It seems to actually be running, just not reporting to GitHub :/
239 2020-04-30T15:19:57  <wumpus> could be a temporary issue with Travis, I've seen it before
240 2020-04-30T15:21:43  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
241 2020-04-30T15:21:44  *** carldani1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
242 2020-04-30T15:28:02  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
243 2020-04-30T15:33:36  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
244 2020-04-30T15:37:58  *** owowo has quit IRC
245 2020-04-30T15:44:08  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
246 2020-04-30T15:49:08  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
247 2020-04-30T16:09:43  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
248 2020-04-30T16:26:01  *** mol_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
249 2020-04-30T16:28:43  *** mol has quit IRC
250 2020-04-30T16:35:41  *** dongcarl has quit IRC
251 2020-04-30T16:40:44  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
252 2020-04-30T16:43:58  *** theRJ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
253 2020-04-30T16:45:11  *** promag_ has quit IRC
254 2020-04-30T16:46:30  *** theRJ has quit IRC
255 2020-04-30T16:53:18  *** andrewtoth has quit IRC
256 2020-04-30T16:53:59  *** andrewtoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
257 2020-04-30T16:55:10  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
258 2020-04-30T16:55:10  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/a66ba6d029b3...ef8ef31fd28a
259 2020-04-30T16:55:11  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3439c88 practicalswift: tests: Add fuzzing harness for CBlockPolicyEstimator
260 2020-04-30T16:55:11  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 13c1f6b practicalswift: tests: Add fuzzing harness for IsRBFOptIn(...)
261 2020-04-30T16:55:12  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2bcc2bd practicalswift: tests: Clarify how we avoid hitting the signed integer overflow in CFeeRat...
262 2020-04-30T16:55:13  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
263 2020-04-30T16:55:28  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
264 2020-04-30T16:55:29  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #18775: tests: Add fuzzing harnesses for various classes/functions in policy/ (CBlockPolicyEstimator, IsRBFOptIn(…), etc.) (master...fuzzers-policy) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18775
265 2020-04-30T16:55:29  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
266 2020-04-30T17:03:56  *** prusnak has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
267 2020-04-30T17:08:28  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
268 2020-04-30T17:08:29  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #18828: test: Strip down previous releases boilerplate (master...2004-qaPreviousReleases) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18828
269 2020-04-30T17:08:40  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
270 2020-04-30T17:08:58  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
271 2020-04-30T17:08:59  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke reopened pull request #18828: test: Strip down previous releases boilerplate (master...2004-qaPreviousReleases) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18828
272 2020-04-30T17:08:59  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
273 2020-04-30T17:11:58  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
274 2020-04-30T17:11:59  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #18781: Add templated GetRandDuration<> (master...2004-randDur) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18781
275 2020-04-30T17:11:59  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
276 2020-04-30T17:12:13  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
277 2020-04-30T17:12:14  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke reopened pull request #18781: Add templated GetRandDuration<> (master...2004-randDur) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18781
278 2020-04-30T17:12:14  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
279 2020-04-30T17:14:15  *** andrewtoth_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
280 2020-04-30T17:15:23  *** andrewtoth has quit IRC
281 2020-04-30T17:20:55  *** andrewtoth_ has quit IRC
282 2020-04-30T17:21:13  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
283 2020-04-30T17:21:14  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #18531: rpc: Assert that RPCArg names are equal to CRPCCommand ones (master...2004-rpcMan) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18531
284 2020-04-30T17:21:14  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
285 2020-04-30T17:21:28  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
286 2020-04-30T17:21:29  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke reopened pull request #18531: rpc: Assert that RPCArg names are equal to CRPCCommand ones (master...2004-rpcMan) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18531
287 2020-04-30T17:21:29  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
288 2020-04-30T17:34:51  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
289 2020-04-30T17:40:50  *** mol_ has quit IRC
290 2020-04-30T17:40:59  *** luke-jr has quit IRC
291 2020-04-30T17:41:20  *** luke-jr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
292 2020-04-30T17:46:16  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
293 2020-04-30T17:59:03  *** sipa has quit IRC
294 2020-04-30T18:00:01  *** carldani1 has quit IRC
295 2020-04-30T18:02:18  *** DeanWeen has quit IRC
296 2020-04-30T18:02:30  *** DeanWeen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
297 2020-04-30T18:05:50  *** lightlike has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
298 2020-04-30T18:05:53  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
299 2020-04-30T18:05:54  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/ef8ef31fd28a...e5b9308920a1
300 2020-04-30T18:05:54  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master aaaacff MarcoFalke: ci: Merge C++17 build with one of the existing ones
301 2020-04-30T18:05:55  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e5b9308 MarcoFalke: Merge #18829: ci: Merge C++17 build with one of the existing ones
302 2020-04-30T18:05:56  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
303 2020-04-30T18:06:13  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
304 2020-04-30T18:06:14  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #18829: ci: Merge C++17 build with one of the existing ones (master...2004-ciSpeedupCxx17) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18829
305 2020-04-30T18:06:15  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
306 2020-04-30T18:08:58  *** owowo has quit IRC
307 2020-04-30T18:11:02  *** emilengler has quit IRC
308 2020-04-30T18:11:18  *** sipa has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
309 2020-04-30T18:12:43  *** whythat has quit IRC
310 2020-04-30T18:15:25  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
311 2020-04-30T18:21:45  *** unknown1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
312 2020-04-30T18:27:11  *** robot-visions has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
313 2020-04-30T18:29:59  *** robot-visions has quit IRC
314 2020-04-30T18:30:24  *** robot-visions has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
315 2020-04-30T18:32:14  *** robot-visions has quit IRC
316 2020-04-30T18:32:43  *** robot-visions has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
317 2020-04-30T18:37:43  *** mol has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
318 2020-04-30T18:43:45  *** theStack has quit IRC
319 2020-04-30T18:46:20  *** whythat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
320 2020-04-30T18:48:22  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
321 2020-04-30T18:50:43  *** whythat has quit IRC
322 2020-04-30T19:00:13  <sipa> oy
323 2020-04-30T19:00:20  <wumpus> #startmeeting
324 2020-04-30T19:00:20  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Apr 30 19:00:20 2020 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
325 2020-04-30T19:00:20  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
326 2020-04-30T19:00:34  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball kvaciral ariard digi_james amiti fjahr
327 2020-04-30T19:00:36  <wumpus> jeremyrubin lightlike emilengler jonatack hebasto jb55
328 2020-04-30T19:00:38  <jonatack> hi
329 2020-04-30T19:00:46  <MarcoFalke> hi
330 2020-04-30T19:01:08  <wumpus> no proposed topics in http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt
331 2020-04-30T19:01:12  <meshcollider> hi
332 2020-04-30T19:01:12  <wumpus> any last minute suggestions?
333 2020-04-30T19:01:22  <jnewbery> hi
334 2020-04-30T19:01:50  <ariard> hi
335 2020-04-30T19:01:54  <hebasto> hi
336 2020-04-30T19:02:12  <wumpus> #topic High priority for review
337 2020-04-30T19:02:27  <MarcoFalke> Can I add #18699 ?
338 2020-04-30T19:02:30  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18699 | wallet: Avoid translating RPC errors by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #18699 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
339 2020-04-30T19:02:36  <kanzure> hi
340 2020-04-30T19:02:41  <wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8  -> 5 blockers, 1 bug fix, 5 chasing concept ACK
341 2020-04-30T19:02:47  <luke-jr> #18818 needs a 0.20 tag
342 2020-04-30T19:02:48  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18818 | Fix release tarball generated by gitian by luke-jr · Pull Request #18818 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
343 2020-04-30T19:02:49  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: sure
344 2020-04-30T19:03:16  <amiti> hi
345 2020-04-30T19:03:46  <luke-jr> at *least* the first commit there is needed - but IMO both should be fixed
346 2020-04-30T19:03:50  <achow101> hi
347 2020-04-30T19:04:19  <MarcoFalke> luke-jr: Doesn't that need to re-add the "version hack"?
348 2020-04-30T19:04:32  <achow101> add #16946 to hi prio pls
349 2020-04-30T19:04:35  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16946 | wallet: include a checksum of encrypted private keys by achow101 · Pull Request #16946 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
350 2020-04-30T19:04:53  <luke-jr> MarcoFalke: I don't know why the version hack was removed, but if it works in master, it should still work with these fixes I think
351 2020-04-30T19:05:07  <sipa> what is the version hack?
352 2020-04-30T19:05:16  <wumpus> achow101: ok
353 2020-04-30T19:05:31  <luke-jr> sipa: for several releases, we've hand-made build.h in gitian because otherwise it would get some commit hash as the version number
354 2020-04-30T19:05:38  <ariard> dunno if it's necessary to add to high prio, it's already hot, but just pushed #16426 last version
355 2020-04-30T19:05:42  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16426 | Reverse cs_main, cs_wallet lock order and reduce cs_main locking by ariard · Pull Request #16426 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
356 2020-04-30T19:05:43  <wumpus> fwiw I'm fine with the current tarball which is just a dumb dump of the complete git repository
357 2020-04-30T19:05:44  <luke-jr> or -dirty added, I forget the details :/
358 2020-04-30T19:05:58  <luke-jr> wumpus: without a leading directory..
359 2020-04-30T19:06:00  <MarcoFalke> Looks like sipa has two pulls in high prio :eyes: NoT AllOweD!!!111
360 2020-04-30T19:06:11  <sipa> oh?
361 2020-04-30T19:06:23  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: oh no!!!
362 2020-04-30T19:06:25  <sipa> oh yes
363 2020-04-30T19:06:30  <MarcoFalke> nooooooo
364 2020-04-30T19:06:36  <sipa> pick one
365 2020-04-30T19:07:11  <luke-jr> wumpus: ie, if you extract it, you get the contents dumped into your current directory
366 2020-04-30T19:07:40  <MarcoFalke> luke-jr: The previous releases had the prefix? If so, it makes sense to add it back
367 2020-04-30T19:07:44  <wumpus> luke-jr: that's kind of an unexpected change from before
368 2020-04-30T19:07:48  <sipa> yeah, agree
369 2020-04-30T19:07:59  <sipa> no opinion on the pre/post configure aspect
370 2020-04-30T19:08:03  <wumpus> luke-jr: is it possible to add the prefix without going through the whole extract and repack dance again?
371 2020-04-30T19:08:16  <luke-jr> wumpus: yes, the first commit of my PR does that
372 2020-04-30T19:08:21  <wumpus> I was kind of happy to get rid of that
373 2020-04-30T19:08:23  <wumpus> okay!
374 2020-04-30T19:08:26  <wumpus> will take a look then
375 2020-04-30T19:08:26  <jonasschnelli> hi
376 2020-04-30T19:09:03  <luke-jr> I was also tempted to use tar --update to merely append to the git-archive tarball, but that seems dangerous considering timestamps
377 2020-04-30T19:09:18  <wumpus> okay everything should be tagged / added to high prio
378 2020-04-30T19:09:35  <MarcoFalke> luke-jr: Maybe split out the first commit into a pull, so that gitian builds can be performed on it more easily?
379 2020-04-30T19:10:05  <hebasto> Agree ^
380 2020-04-30T19:10:10  <luke-jr> MarcoFalke: well, like I said, IMO both should be fixed - so unless there's a strong objection to distcleaning, I'd rather focus on that for now?
381 2020-04-30T19:10:54  <luke-jr> I don't see the motivation in deviating so significantly from best practices in that regard..
382 2020-04-30T19:11:21  <wumpus> well for what it's worth there seems to be not disagreement at all on adding the prefix so that should be straightforward even to get into rc2
383 2020-04-30T19:11:43  <luke-jr> is there disagreement on the rest? or just people didn't feel like doing it before?
384 2020-04-30T19:11:43  <jonatack> I wonder if it makes sense to remove #16442 until it's rebased, the longer it stays in the blockers without action, the more reviewers might be tuning it out
385 2020-04-30T19:11:47  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16442 | Serve BIP 157 compact filters by jimpo · Pull Request #16442 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
386 2020-04-30T19:12:37  <wumpus> the other change requires a unpack and configure and re-pack, I don't really like that, I was happy to just use git to create the archive
387 2020-04-30T19:12:40  <MarcoFalke> jonatack: Yeah, generally we remove stuff that needs rebase
388 2020-04-30T19:12:50  <wumpus> jonatack: sgtm
389 2020-04-30T19:13:01  <sipa> if luke's PR is all it takes to get us back to post-configure (without other hacks) it seems reasonable to take it
390 2020-04-30T19:13:27  <sipa> my impression was that we got rid of the post-configure thing because it was hard to maintain
391 2020-04-30T19:13:34  <sipa> would that still be the case with this approach?
392 2020-04-30T19:14:25  <MarcoFalke> Yes, the issue was that files were missing from the tar.gz
393 2020-04-30T19:14:58  <fjahr> hi
394 2020-04-30T19:15:03  <luke-jr> That issue remains fixed with this approach
395 2020-04-30T19:15:35  <wumpus> it at the least makes the tarball build process more complex again, which potentially introduces bugs and inconsistencies again
396 2020-04-30T19:16:37  <wumpus> in any case if the PR gets enough ACKS it can go in
397 2020-04-30T19:17:25  <hebasto> split in two prs is also a way
398 2020-04-30T19:17:27  <wumpus> at the least I hope this fixes it and we're not going to have lots of back and forth on this
399 2020-04-30T19:17:36  <wumpus> which is the feeling I get if people talk about version hacks
400 2020-04-30T19:17:49  <cfields> I
401 2020-04-30T19:18:01  <cfields> I'm still having trouble understanding why this was all changed.
402 2020-04-30T19:18:36  <wumpus> because we wanted all files in the tarball
403 2020-04-30T19:19:09  <wumpus> and a safe way to do that is 'git archive', it doesn't accidentally include any junk files nor does it exclude anything
404 2020-04-30T19:19:18  <luke-jr> cfields: the previous problem was that `make dist` missed a lot of files
405 2020-04-30T19:19:27  <cfields> sure, understood.
406 2020-04-30T19:19:59  <cfields> but now we're talking about bootstrapping and appending anyway. but we're appending anyway. We could've just bootstrapped as before and appended the git archive... the reverse of this I suppose.
407 2020-04-30T19:20:24  <wumpus> doing the same with make dist would involve including everything in the makefile, either through wildcards or worse, through enumeration, something impossible to keep up to date
408 2020-04-30T19:20:29  <cfields> as long as it works, I suppose.
409 2020-04-30T19:20:31  <wumpus> yes, that' pretty much what luke-jr  does in his PR
410 2020-04-30T19:21:20  <wumpus> let's just review that I guess
411 2020-04-30T19:21:33  <cfields> sgtm
412 2020-04-30T19:22:32  <ariard> luke-jr: seeing your comment https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18797#issuecomment-622008886
413 2020-04-30T19:22:58  <ariard> I agree it's not ideal to export standardness among libconsensus and maybe we should a clear distinct libstandard
414 2020-04-30T19:23:08  <wumpus> is that a topic?
415 2020-04-30T19:23:20  * MarcoFalke lets do libbitcoincore
416 2020-04-30T19:23:23  <wumpus> #topic Standardness in libconsensus
417 2020-04-30T19:23:33  <ariard> but people on higher layers definetely need to be sure that their ttxn are going to propage on the currently deployed network
418 2020-04-30T19:23:43  <ariard> wumpus: I should have submitted before sorry
419 2020-04-30T19:23:51  <wumpus> ariard: np
420 2020-04-30T19:23:54  <luke-jr> ariard: maybe stuff like c-lightning should just call RPC?
421 2020-04-30T19:24:10  <ariard> luke-jr: you want to do this in your test framework
422 2020-04-30T19:24:18  <ariard> and you may not have a full-node to test
423 2020-04-30T19:24:21  <luke-jr> test frameworks can run a bitcoind
424 2020-04-30T19:24:23  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: the problem is defining a sane interface
425 2020-04-30T19:24:37  <wumpus> has always been; the idea to extend libconensus has been there for very long
426 2020-04-30T19:24:42  <ariard> luke-jr: it's make integration harder
427 2020-04-30T19:24:55  <MarcoFalke> ariard: Doesn't lightning depend on Bitcoin Core or a different full node impl anyway?
428 2020-04-30T19:25:17  <luke-jr> ariard: well, I don't see a sane way to address user choice of policies..
429 2020-04-30T19:25:25  <ariard> MarcoFalke: actually no, you can be connected to an electrum server but still want to verify a single-sricptpubkey
430 2020-04-30T19:25:26  <wumpus> yes, c-lightning depends on bitcoin core (at run time, not at build time)
431 2020-04-30T19:25:26  <luke-jr> another sane way*
432 2020-04-30T19:25:33  <wumpus> oh did that change?
433 2020-04-30T19:25:39  <ariard> beyond c-lightning or any LN implementation
434 2020-04-30T19:25:42  <cfields> at the very least I think we'd want it broken out into a new function that's clearly non-consensus-trustworthy.
435 2020-04-30T19:26:15  <ariard> cfields: yes, let's not confuse what is standard and consensus
436 2020-04-30T19:26:30  <luke-jr> there's other utility RPCs that would make sense to export somewhere too
437 2020-04-30T19:26:32  <sipa> i see no problem exposing a Bitcoin Core library that implements the same policies as Bitcoin Core; it's just a more convenient interface to do something you can already do with running a node
438 2020-04-30T19:26:39  *** whythat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
439 2020-04-30T19:26:41  <luke-jr> libbitcoincore isn't the best name, but I can't think of a better one XD
440 2020-04-30T19:26:52  <MarcoFalke> lol, I was trolling
441 2020-04-30T19:26:55  <wumpus> I don't see a problem either, just make it a different function from consensus validation
442 2020-04-30T19:26:56  <sipa> it seems convenient to add that to bitcoinconsensus, but i agree it's confusing the name of the lib
443 2020-04-30T19:27:10  <ariard> okay we should rename bitcoinconsenus to something different?
444 2020-04-30T19:27:12  <MarcoFalke> ariard: is elecrum server not a full node?
445 2020-04-30T19:27:16  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
446 2020-04-30T19:27:22  <luke-jr> I suppose we could put it in the same lib, but add a second .pc file in case we split it later..
447 2020-04-30T19:27:23  <wumpus> no, don't rename bitcoinconsensus
448 2020-04-30T19:27:33  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
449 2020-04-30T19:27:34  <luke-jr> otoh, do callers of these functions need consensus code at all?
450 2020-04-30T19:27:38  <ariard> MarcoFalke: I meaned a electrum client serving as a verification backend to a LN node
451 2020-04-30T19:27:42  <ariard> like a mobile
452 2020-04-30T19:28:01  <ariard> you still want to verify scriptpubkey if you can even if you can't verify full set of consensus/standard ruels
453 2020-04-30T19:28:15  * luke-jr saves the rant against people not using their own full nodes for another time
454 2020-04-30T19:28:34  <wumpus> how do the other mobile LN wallets do that? they definitely don't all require a full node
455 2020-04-30T19:28:41  <MarcoFalke> Why would you not use the electrum server and instead hop through the electrum client?
456 2020-04-30T19:28:54  <ariard> luke-jr: my mobile connected to my full-node may know network outage and still need to update a channel state
457 2020-04-30T19:28:54  <luke-jr> doesn't Lightning use very specific templates anyway?
458 2020-04-30T19:29:09  <luke-jr> so long as the standard Lightning scripts are being used, they should all be fine, no?
459 2020-04-30T19:29:20  *** proofofk_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
460 2020-04-30T19:29:21  <ariard> wumpus: you may use BIP157 or any other light client protocols, even a custom one
461 2020-04-30T19:29:46  <ariard> luke-jr: we use specific templates but witness must enforce MINIMALIF among others
462 2020-04-30T19:29:47  <sipa> i think we're straying from the topic now
463 2020-04-30T19:30:06  <wumpus> in any case, I'm not against adding a standard check function, just call it differently, I don't think it matters it's in libconsensus *if* you document it and name it in a clear way
464 2020-04-30T19:30:13  <ariard> right, we do agree exporting a standard *opaque* flag? it's just a way to do it
465 2020-04-30T19:30:21  <sipa> ariard: if you use the standard template, they are minimalif automatically?
466 2020-04-30T19:30:35  <wumpus> no, I don't want to do it with a flag, just add a function
467 2020-04-30T19:30:48  <wumpus> don't touch the consensus function for non-consensus checks
468 2020-04-30T19:30:50  <ariard> sipa: don't follow there what you mean by standard template?
469 2020-04-30T19:31:03  *** whythat has quit IRC
470 2020-04-30T19:31:07  <sipa> ariard: lightning uses specific scripts, no?
471 2020-04-30T19:31:11  <sipa> bolt 03 or something
472 2020-04-30T19:31:16  <ariard> okay so add a verify_standard function but get it in bitcoinconsensus library?
473 2020-04-30T19:31:29  <wumpus> yes
474 2020-04-30T19:31:37  <luke-jr> ariard: add a new .pc file too IMO
475 2020-04-30T19:31:50  *** proofofk_ has quit IRC
476 2020-04-30T19:31:51  <wumpus> doesn't seem worth it to add a new library for, but should be a separate function imo
477 2020-04-30T19:32:00  <wumpus> luke-jr: nah, there will be so much overlap between both
478 2020-04-30T19:32:04  <ariard> luke-jr: it may makes intgration harder, dunno who is using this right now apart of rust-bitocin ecosystem
479 2020-04-30T19:32:06  *** promag_ has quit IRC
480 2020-04-30T19:32:07  *** proofofk_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
481 2020-04-30T19:32:11  <luke-jr> wumpus: it's like 4 lines?
482 2020-04-30T19:32:17  <wumpus> either the two libraries have to dpeend on each other
483 2020-04-30T19:32:19  <wumpus> or share code
484 2020-04-30T19:32:32  <luke-jr> wumpus: just a new .pc, not a new lib
485 2020-04-30T19:32:39  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
486 2020-04-30T19:32:57  <sipa> luke-jr: what is the difference?
487 2020-04-30T19:33:12  <ariard> I think important point is document well in shared-libraries.md that it's standardness
488 2020-04-30T19:33:36  <luke-jr> sipa: .pc is like 4 lines of text that says which linker/compiler flags to use
489 2020-04-30T19:33:41  <luke-jr> so for now it would just -lconsensus
490 2020-04-30T19:33:56  <luke-jr> if down the road it gets big enough to split up, we can change to -lsomethingelse
491 2020-04-30T19:33:57  <ariard> and you may have to call verify_standard and then verify consensus only to know invalidity cause of your transaction
492 2020-04-30T19:34:01  <wumpus> yes, the important point is to name it clearly
493 2020-04-30T19:34:02  <luke-jr> and other stuff using it will just work
494 2020-04-30T19:34:03  <wumpus> and document it clearly
495 2020-04-30T19:34:14  <wumpus> no need to split it out into yet another library or mess around with .pc files IMO
496 2020-04-30T19:34:31  <sipa> ariard: btw, bitcoin core internally also calls script verification twice to determine cause of failure (once with and once without standardness rules enabled)
497 2020-04-30T19:34:52  <sipa> at least in some cases
498 2020-04-30T19:35:05  <ariard> yes exactly in mempool acceptance, that what I had in mind
499 2020-04-30T19:35:19  <sipa> that said, i'm still a bit confused why you need this
500 2020-04-30T19:35:23  <cfields> how about just make a copy of bitcoinconsensus.cpp, make the policy changes to the new one, and maintain them in parallel?
501 2020-04-30T19:35:30  <cfields> That's how we always say we'll handle stuff like this, anyway :)
502 2020-04-30T19:35:37  <sipa> heh
503 2020-04-30T19:36:02  <luke-jr> I would assume it's a new .cpp file anyway
504 2020-04-30T19:36:05  <ariard> sipa: you want to verify your witness builder and you may have a lot of different cases in LN
505 2020-04-30T19:36:33  <sipa> ariard: if you follow BOLT 3, that shouldn't be needed, right?
506 2020-04-30T19:37:07  <sipa> (i understand the use for testing, but the point of having a lightning standard seems to be that it removes the need for doing this in production)
507 2020-04-30T19:38:24  <MarcoFalke> regtest should have all standardness flags like mainnet, so testing against regtest during development should be sufficient (haven't checked)
508 2020-04-30T19:38:39  <MarcoFalke> testmempoolaccept in regtest
509 2020-04-30T19:38:47  <luke-jr> MarcoFalke: +1
510 2020-04-30T19:39:31  <MarcoFalke> #15891
511 2020-04-30T19:39:35  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15891 | test: Require standard txs in regtest by default by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #15891 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
512 2020-04-30T19:40:15  <ariard> you may also want to check in production, witness may contain input from different parties
513 2020-04-30T19:40:30  <cfields> If we're doing a new policy function, it would be nice to return a bitfield of failed (non-fatal) checks rather than a true/false. That may require too much interpretor refactor to be safe, though.
514 2020-04-30T19:40:40  <sipa> cfields: hard nack
515 2020-04-30T19:40:50  <luke-jr> ariard: you shouldn't care about what the inputs are..?
516 2020-04-30T19:40:52  <cfields> lol, that was quick.
517 2020-04-30T19:41:15  <sipa> cfields: yeah, sorry - i feel very strongly about the fact that we absolutely should not expose all nitty details of how we implement standardness
518 2020-04-30T19:41:52  <sipa> over time certain flags might be merged together or so
519 2020-04-30T19:41:59  <sipa> or split up depending on conditions
520 2020-04-30T19:42:13  <sipa> or things may get tested in different order
521 2020-04-30T19:42:21  <sipa> so that the first failure reported changes
522 2020-04-30T19:42:35  <luke-jr> a bitfield would require testing all even after one fails ;P
523 2020-04-30T19:42:38  <wumpus> yes, agree with that, the problem with these kind of interfaces is that they're hard to update
524 2020-04-30T19:42:56  <cfields> ok, fair enough.
525 2020-04-30T19:43:07  <sipa> if we expose a way to test policy, it is a "test things against current bitcoin core policy", not a "learn about all the things that may be wrong"
526 2020-04-30T19:43:09  <luke-jr> policy is inherently volatile, even with the same version
527 2020-04-30T19:43:22  <luke-jr> there is no "bitcoin core policy", there is "this node's policy" :/
528 2020-04-30T19:43:46  <ariard> yeah we shouldn't commit to policy for sure, but you're making expactations about network mempools
529 2020-04-30T19:43:59  <luke-jr> ariard: which is something we don't have code for at all right now
530 2020-04-30T19:44:00  <ariard> to be sure your time-sensitive tx is going to reach some miners pool
531 2020-04-30T19:44:24  <ariard> luke-jr: yes that's an issue, have you followed thread about RBF pinning on the ml
532 2020-04-30T19:44:31  <luke-jr> I haven't
533 2020-04-30T19:45:02  <ariard> tl;dr: by pinning transaction in the mempool due to loosely understood RBF rules by LN people you may delay a time-senstivie tx
534 2020-04-30T19:45:11  <ariard> and therefore steal people funds
535 2020-04-30T19:45:16  <wumpus> which makes me doubt this a bit in the first place, this function accepting your transaction only means that one version of bitcoin core accepted it at one point, it doesn't tell you about the current network
536 2020-04-30T19:45:46  <sipa> and can't take even your own local mempool's state into account, if you have one
537 2020-04-30T19:45:52  <wumpus> right
538 2020-04-30T19:46:27  <ariard> wumpus: you should test against late core version standardness, I doesn't _guarantee_  but give you confidence it's going to broadcast?
539 2020-04-30T19:46:32  *** whythat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
540 2020-04-30T19:46:45  <ariard> *it doesn't
541 2020-04-30T19:47:09  <sipa> ariard: i'm... unconvinced
542 2020-04-30T19:47:21  <luke-jr> considering we don't have code for what you really need, maybe this should just be an entirely new library separate from Core?
543 2020-04-30T19:47:22  <luke-jr> perhaps even adapting on-the-fly
544 2020-04-30T19:47:35  <sipa> ariard: there is no reason to assume that checking against script standardness rules makes anything actually harder for an attacker
545 2020-04-30T19:47:36  <ariard> sipa: on standardness verification or documenting better mempools rules?
546 2020-04-30T19:47:39  *** luke-jr has quit IRC
547 2020-04-30T19:48:14  <sipa> ariard: because there may be relay/validity policies that are outside script, and equally easy to attack
548 2020-04-30T19:48:34  *** luke-jr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
549 2020-04-30T19:48:45  <ariard> sipa: I agree it doesn't exclude all attacks vectors but you reduce surface
550 2020-04-30T19:49:15  <sipa> ariard: my point is that this sort of approach should be used for testing (is the stuff my code produced acceptable to the network)
551 2020-04-30T19:49:31  <sipa> but in production there is no way around querying an actual node for acceptability
552 2020-04-30T19:50:29  <ariard> let's say an attacker can degrade acceptability of your transaction by sending you non-standard stuff
553 2020-04-30T19:50:43  *** whythat has quit IRC
554 2020-04-30T19:50:46  <sipa> anyway, this is not an argument against exposing a standardness check... just be aware that its use is limited
555 2020-04-30T19:50:48  <ariard> if you can verify this, without a full-node access, you should be able to do so
556 2020-04-30T19:51:22  <sipa> ariard: if an attacker can just move to an equally-cheap attack you can't detect, have you gained anything?
557 2020-04-30T19:51:50  <sipa> (if you have an argument why that is substantially harder to attack non-script stuff, you would have a point)
558 2020-04-30T19:51:59  <ariard> sipa: I see a difference between standardness on the script and standardness on mempool acceptance
559 2020-04-30T19:52:19  <ariard> like in RBF pinning as exposed on the ml, attacker has to commit a tx which may confirm in some block
560 2020-04-30T19:52:25  <ariard> and so loose a fee by trying the attack
561 2020-04-30T19:52:39  <sipa> ok, so there is an extra cost to bypassing script... that's a good argument
562 2020-04-30T19:53:20  <luke-jr> hmm, got d/c - apparently logs did too
563 2020-04-30T19:53:27  <luke-jr> sipa: no code we have can determine that
564 2020-04-30T19:53:32  <luke-jr> [19:45:27] <luke-jr> considering we don't have code for what you really need, maybe this should just be an entirely new library separate from Core?
565 2020-04-30T19:53:34  <luke-jr> [19:46:33] <luke-jr> perhaps even adapting on-the-fly
566 2020-04-30T19:54:00  <sipa> you're welcome to write that :)
567 2020-04-30T19:55:07  <ariard> okay so extending bitcoinconsensus with a verify_standard function for now, with a clear documentation what's its limited and how it should be used?
568 2020-04-30T19:55:29  <ariard> and I also propose to open an issue explaining different ways an attacker may exploit standard rules and different cost between them
569 2020-04-30T19:55:45  <ariard> like for all this weired multi-party time-sensitive cases
570 2020-04-30T19:56:11  <luke-jr> sipa: inability to configure it is a reason not to expose it
571 2020-04-30T19:56:18  <luke-jr> defaults should only be just defaults
572 2020-04-30T19:56:19  <wumpus> I don't think standard rules are supposed to ever be an attack vector
573 2020-04-30T19:56:38  <luke-jr> ariard: I still think NACK on a policy function in lib
574 2020-04-30T19:56:48  <ariard> wumpus: but sadly they are, go through ml post
575 2020-04-30T19:57:03  <wumpus> isn't this only a problem for 0-conf?
576 2020-04-30T19:57:20  <sipa> you don't even need RBF etc for that; LN very inherently relies on predictability of confirmation
577 2020-04-30T19:57:32  <ariard> luke-jr: it's just a question on how to make them practical between -testmempoolaccept and verify_standard
578 2020-04-30T19:57:43  <luke-jr> wumpus: Lightning is all about unconf
579 2020-04-30T19:58:01  <luke-jr> ariard: testmempoolaccept is practical ☺
580 2020-04-30T19:58:08  <ariard> wumpus: it's more subtle you blind your counterparty to avoid them having their alternative tx timing-out some output
581 2020-04-30T19:58:33  <luke-jr> ariard: but will never tell you network-wide policies
582 2020-04-30T19:58:37  <wumpus> luke-jr: I thought channels were only opened once the opening transaction confirms, same for other changes
583 2020-04-30T19:58:44  <ariard> luke-jr: if you wnat to run your test framework quicly asking for a full-node running isn't practical
584 2020-04-30T19:58:45  <luke-jr> wumpus: yes, I thought so too
585 2020-04-30T19:58:58  <luke-jr> wumpus: I don't really understand the practical issue
586 2020-04-30T19:59:00  <ariard> like I'm travelling and want to be able to test without network access
587 2020-04-30T19:59:07  <luke-jr> ariard: yes it is
588 2020-04-30T19:59:13  <luke-jr> regtest works fine without network
589 2020-04-30T19:59:24  *** whythat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
590 2020-04-30T19:59:40  <ariard> luke-jr: it makes running test slower
591 2020-04-30T19:59:44  <wumpus> I'm not sure you traveling without network access warrants adding a new function to libconsensus :)
592 2020-04-30T19:59:57  <wumpus> I'm sure you could just hack something that works for yourself
593 2020-04-30T20:00:00  <luke-jr> ariard: Bitcoin Core does testing this way; it works fine
594 2020-04-30T20:00:18  <ariard> wumpus: yeah yeah right, it's more running test smoothly :)
595 2020-04-30T20:00:36  <sipa> it is far less practical for an external project to write a test that needs to spin up a bitcoind
596 2020-04-30T20:00:48  <sipa> than it is for us to spin out the thing we're testing and building ourselves
597 2020-04-30T20:00:48  <luke-jr> sipa: why?
598 2020-04-30T20:00:53  <sipa> come on
599 2020-04-30T20:01:04  <luke-jr> you just use PATH instead of specifying the binary path…
600 2020-04-30T20:01:07  <wumpus> it might be more practical than linking against bitcoin core at compile time though :)
601 2020-04-30T20:01:12  <ariard> luke-jr: longuer dependencies chain
602 2020-04-30T20:01:20  <luke-jr> ariard: ⁇?
603 2020-04-30T20:01:32  <luke-jr> depending on bitcoind vs depending on libconsensus is the same chain
604 2020-04-30T20:01:36  <wumpus> no, the depenency chains are the same in both cases, the only difference is compile time versus run time dep
605 2020-04-30T20:01:39  <wumpus> yes
606 2020-04-30T20:01:46  <ariard> luke-jr: you're asking people developping and testing higher stuff to have a full setup bitcoin env
607 2020-04-30T20:01:49  <wumpus> we need to wrap up the meeting btw
608 2020-04-30T20:01:54  <jonatack> fwit the latest optech provides a summary of the ml discussion at https://bitcoinops.org/en/newsletters/2020/04/29/#news
609 2020-04-30T20:02:02  <jonatack> fwiw*
610 2020-04-30T20:02:09  <wumpus> ariard: if regtest is enough, that's set up in a second or so
611 2020-04-30T20:02:17  <ariard> right let's wrap-up we can keep conversation on PR
612 2020-04-30T20:02:18  <wumpus> jonatack: thanks
613 2020-04-30T20:02:32  <wumpus> #endmeeting
614 2020-04-30T20:02:32  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Apr 30 20:02:32 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
615 2020-04-30T20:02:32  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-04-30-19.00.html
616 2020-04-30T20:02:32  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-04-30-19.00.txt
617 2020-04-30T20:02:32  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-04-30-19.00.log.html
618 2020-04-30T20:02:54  <luke-jr> ariard: 1) regtest doesn't need any special setup; 2) I would expect every developer to have a full setup Bitcoin env anyway
619 2020-04-30T20:03:24  <luke-jr> I mean, if you really want to, you *could* just copy Bitcoin Core's test suite…
620 2020-04-30T20:03:29  <sipa> this reminds me of gpg insisting to not having a library because they needed to control pinning of stuff in memory, which IMO led to how terrible gpg integration in everything is
621 2020-04-30T20:03:37  <sipa> (that's not the only reason, to be clear)
622 2020-04-30T20:03:57  <luke-jr> sipa: I'm not sure that's a fair comparison
623 2020-04-30T20:04:11  <ariard> luke-jr: but at the end doing the RPC call, it's just slower to run a test suite
624 2020-04-30T20:04:21  <luke-jr> he's using code for something it isn't intended to be used for, in a test-only environment..
625 2020-04-30T20:05:02  <luke-jr> ariard: premature optimisation
626 2020-04-30T20:05:12  <sipa> for development, having an API for something is so much more practical than needing all kinds of logistical mess to spin up binaries and whatnot
627 2020-04-30T20:05:23  <sipa> for some things, that's inevitable going to be needed anyway
628 2020-04-30T20:05:26  <sipa> but not everything
629 2020-04-30T20:05:37  <luke-jr> sipa: it's for testing though, not development
630 2020-04-30T20:05:43  *** whythat has quit IRC
631 2020-04-30T20:05:45  <sipa> what's the difference?
632 2020-04-30T20:05:47  <luke-jr> he already needs to spin up lightningd presumably
633 2020-04-30T20:06:06  <luke-jr> which itself also uses RPC
634 2020-04-30T20:06:17  <ariard> luke-jr: no need to spin up lightningd, some test framework aren't using an external process at all (Rust-Lightning do so)
635 2020-04-30T20:06:23  <jnewbery> Does anyone know if GETBLOCKS is used by anything on the network? I've checked getpeerinfo on my node and I haven't received any
636 2020-04-30T20:07:01  <jnewbery> and more specifically, is anything using the GETBLOCKS hashContinue method for initial sync?
637 2020-04-30T20:07:17  <jnewbery> Is it even possible to IBD using a pre-headers-sync node?
638 2020-04-30T20:07:34  <luke-jr> jnewbery: why wouldn't it be?
639 2020-04-30T20:07:46  <sipa> yes, you can sync using pre-headers-sync; bitmex tested this a few months ago even i think
640 2020-04-30T20:07:47  <phantomcircuit> jnewbery, it's of course possible to sync pre-headers
641 2020-04-30T20:08:04  <MarcoFalke> We should add a test for that
642 2020-04-30T20:08:09  <sipa> jnewbery: hashcontinue is essential to getblocks-based sync
643 2020-04-30T20:08:19  <sipa> MarcoFalke: yes
644 2020-04-30T20:08:29  <BlueMatt> oh missed that whole conversation, yea, I dont think we can avoid exporting standard script verification flags
645 2020-04-30T20:08:36  <BlueMatt> sadly its really critical
646 2020-04-30T20:08:56  <wumpus> I have one peer that sent getblocks, it identifies as /Satoshi:0.14.0/ (no idea if it really is)
647 2020-04-30T20:09:05  <BlueMatt> to, like, any real bitcoin use where you want to verify that something will be accepted, which is, largely, the point of libbitcoinconsensus as it exists today (given it cant do full verification)
648 2020-04-30T20:09:23  <BlueMatt> and, really, I think we may be the only users of libbitcoinconsensus lol
649 2020-04-30T20:09:30  <luke-jr> we don't use it..
650 2020-04-30T20:09:37  <luke-jr> or you mean c-lightning "we"?
651 2020-04-30T20:09:40  *** whythat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
652 2020-04-30T20:09:49  <ariard> we, Rust-Bitcoin ecosystem
653 2020-04-30T20:09:52  <BlueMatt> I have no idea what c-lightning does
654 2020-04-30T20:10:05  <wumpus> probably not as it's the only message ever sent besides pong and version/verack :)
655 2020-04-30T20:10:13  <sipa> wumpus: 138.197.142.142 ?
656 2020-04-30T20:10:16  <ariard> they export some part of consensus code directly in their codebase last time I ccheck
657 2020-04-30T20:10:30  <luke-jr> one of my servers has 4 peers using getblocks
658 2020-04-30T20:10:52  <luke-jr>  /bcoin:2.0.0-dev/
659 2020-04-30T20:10:54  <wumpus> sipa: no, 167.172.51.113
660 2020-04-30T20:10:55  <sipa> wumpus: looks like a spy node
661 2020-04-30T20:11:04  <sipa> interesting
662 2020-04-30T20:11:17  <luke-jr>  /Satoshi:0.14.0/ 138.197.142.142:33310
663 2020-04-30T20:11:36  <sipa> mine is also a claimed 0.14.0 that has only sent getblocks/pong/verack/version
664 2020-04-30T20:12:04  <jnewbery> 0.14 that sent only getblocks and pong is clearly a spy
665 2020-04-30T20:12:24  <sipa> bcoin uses getblocks i think, or at least did until recently
666 2020-04-30T20:12:29  <luke-jr> both of these peers have 2 entries in getpeerinfo for some reason
667 2020-04-30T20:13:14  <jnewbery> luke-jr: how does that happen?
668 2020-04-30T20:13:24  <luke-jr> the bcoin peer has used: addr, getblocks, getdata, headers, inv, ping, pong, reject, sendcmpct, tx, verack, version
669 2020-04-30T20:13:30  <luke-jr> jnewbery: dunno, 2 connections maybe?
670 2020-04-30T20:13:56  <luke-jr> different ports on the other side
671 2020-04-30T20:14:05  <jnewbery> here's the bitmex IBD blog post btw: https://blog.bitmex.com/bitcoins-initial-block-download/
672 2020-04-30T20:15:25  <luke-jr> gotta run
673 2020-04-30T20:15:45  *** yzernik has quit IRC
674 2020-04-30T20:16:48  <jonatack> jnewbery: if this is an indicator, I'm not seeing any either... bitcoin-cli getpeerinfo | grep 'getblocks' | sort
675 2020-04-30T20:21:38  <jnewbery> jonatack: thanks
676 2020-04-30T20:24:03  *** whythat has quit IRC
677 2020-04-30T20:25:04  <jnewbery> bcoin has supported getheaders since version 1 (implemented in 2016: https://github.com/bcoin-org/bcoin/commit/484b1f281705a7d6ebcd9a8532b7b577b9c21ab5)
678 2020-04-30T20:32:42  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
679 2020-04-30T20:32:42  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto closed pull request #18639: Prevent consecutive ::cs_main locks (master...200414-locks) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18639
680 2020-04-30T20:32:43  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
681 2020-04-30T20:37:41  *** whythat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
682 2020-04-30T20:43:58  *** bitbee has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
683 2020-04-30T20:53:32  *** cfields has quit IRC
684 2020-04-30T20:53:32  *** jimpo has quit IRC
685 2020-04-30T20:53:32  *** thrasher has quit IRC
686 2020-04-30T20:53:33  *** btc_thc has quit IRC
687 2020-04-30T20:53:33  *** pingwindyktator has quit IRC
688 2020-04-30T20:53:33  *** kanzure has quit IRC
689 2020-04-30T20:53:34  *** nehan_ has quit IRC
690 2020-04-30T20:53:34  *** raj_ has quit IRC
691 2020-04-30T20:53:34  *** Lightsword has quit IRC
692 2020-04-30T20:53:34  *** ariard has quit IRC
693 2020-04-30T20:53:41  *** thrasher` has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
694 2020-04-30T20:53:42  *** ariard has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
695 2020-04-30T20:53:45  *** nehan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
696 2020-04-30T20:53:46  *** cfields has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
697 2020-04-30T20:53:46  *** kanzure has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
698 2020-04-30T20:53:57  *** hirish has quit IRC
699 2020-04-30T20:53:57  *** nanotube has quit IRC
700 2020-04-30T20:54:04  *** raj_149 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
701 2020-04-30T20:54:07  *** hirish_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
702 2020-04-30T20:54:43  *** pingwindyktator has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
703 2020-04-30T20:54:44  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
704 2020-04-30T20:55:10  *** jimpo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
705 2020-04-30T20:55:21  *** Lightsword has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
706 2020-04-30T20:55:22  *** bitbee has quit IRC
707 2020-04-30T20:55:43  *** bitbee has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
708 2020-04-30T20:57:49  *** btc_thc has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
709 2020-04-30T20:58:45  <elichai2> I'm trying to add OSX to libsecp travis and it complains on bash syntax which is perfectly valid(in linux hehe), if anyone here has Mac-OS and is free to help me debug it then I'd appreciate it :)
710 2020-04-30T20:58:58  <elichai2> (or if there's some service that gives me shell access to OSX)
711 2020-04-30T20:59:22  *** jonatack has quit IRC
712 2020-04-30T20:59:41  *** bitbee has quit IRC
713 2020-04-30T21:00:01  *** unknown1 has quit IRC
714 2020-04-30T21:00:13  <sipa> elichai2: bash implements more than POSIX shell requires
715 2020-04-30T21:01:31  <elichai2> sipa: can I just get bash on OSX?
716 2020-04-30T21:01:46  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
717 2020-04-30T21:01:50  *** robot-visions has quit IRC
718 2020-04-30T21:02:13  <sipa> elichai2: no clue
719 2020-04-30T21:02:27  <elichai2> thanks, I'll try that avenue in travis :)
720 2020-04-30T21:02:32  <sipa> (i believe it's called macOS now)
721 2020-04-30T21:03:19  <achow101> anyone want to send me a new blank wallet that was created on a big endian arch? I'm digging into some BDB disk format stuff and want to check if it's arch independent
722 2020-04-30T21:03:22  <elichai2> So it seems that macOS(:P) does use bash, but bash 3.2, while most linux dists out there use 5+
723 2020-04-30T21:03:31  <elichai2> achow101: sounds cool :)
724 2020-04-30T21:03:41  <elichai2> ping luke-jr
725 2020-04-30T21:07:19  *** nanotube has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
726 2020-04-30T21:07:23  *** whythat has quit IRC
727 2020-04-30T21:09:30  *** sipa has quit IRC
728 2020-04-30T21:09:48  *** sipa has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
729 2020-04-30T21:10:00  *** Talkless has quit IRC
730 2020-04-30T21:22:25  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
731 2020-04-30T21:35:40  *** whythat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
732 2020-04-30T21:42:23  *** whythat has quit IRC
733 2020-04-30T21:56:19  *** timothy has quit IRC
734 2020-04-30T21:56:58  *** jonhcw has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
735 2020-04-30T21:59:40  *** whythat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
736 2020-04-30T22:00:29  *** promag has quit IRC
737 2020-04-30T22:04:45  *** molakala has quit IRC
738 2020-04-30T22:05:43  *** whythat has quit IRC
739 2020-04-30T22:19:34  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
740 2020-04-30T22:19:35  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 opened pull request #18836: Upgradewallet tests (master...upgradewallet-tests) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18836
741 2020-04-30T22:19:36  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
742 2020-04-30T22:21:54  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
743 2020-04-30T22:37:10  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
744 2020-04-30T22:37:11  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #18828: test: Strip down previous releases boilerplate (master...2004-qaPreviousReleases) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18828
745 2020-04-30T22:37:12  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
746 2020-04-30T22:37:29  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
747 2020-04-30T22:37:30  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke reopened pull request #18828: test: Strip down previous releases boilerplate (master...2004-qaPreviousReleases) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18828
748 2020-04-30T22:37:30  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
749 2020-04-30T22:37:44  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
750 2020-04-30T22:37:45  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #18781: Add templated GetRandDuration<> (master...2004-randDur) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18781
751 2020-04-30T22:37:46  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
752 2020-04-30T22:38:01  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
753 2020-04-30T22:38:01  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke reopened pull request #18781: Add templated GetRandDuration<> (master...2004-randDur) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18781
754 2020-04-30T22:38:02  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
755 2020-04-30T22:39:50  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
756 2020-04-30T22:39:50  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #18531: rpc: Assert that RPCArg names are equal to CRPCCommand ones (master...2004-rpcMan) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18531
757 2020-04-30T22:39:56  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
758 2020-04-30T22:40:15  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
759 2020-04-30T22:40:15  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke reopened pull request #18531: rpc: Assert that RPCArg names are equal to CRPCCommand ones (master...2004-rpcMan) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18531
760 2020-04-30T22:40:16  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
761 2020-04-30T22:41:28  *** vasild_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
762 2020-04-30T22:42:02  *** whythat has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
763 2020-04-30T22:45:03  *** vasild has quit IRC
764 2020-04-30T22:45:04  *** vasild_ is now known as vasild
765 2020-04-30T22:46:23  *** whythat has quit IRC
766 2020-04-30T22:58:10  <fanquake> wumpus sipa: can you block shahramkha
767 2020-04-30T23:00:07  <fanquake> elichai2: macOS is deprecating bash as it’s login shell. Your best bet is just installing it via brew, as that will also be up to date
768 2020-04-30T23:01:30  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
769 2020-04-30T23:13:20  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
770 2020-04-30T23:19:23  *** DeanWeen has quit IRC
771 2020-04-30T23:24:30  *** brakmic has quit IRC
772 2020-04-30T23:43:10  *** marcoagner has quit IRC
773 2020-04-30T23:45:39  *** lightlike has quit IRC
774 2020-04-30T23:49:25  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
775 2020-04-30T23:51:13  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
776 2020-04-30T23:52:45  *** jarthur has quit IRC
777 2020-04-30T23:53:24  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
778 2020-04-30T23:57:28  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev