1 2020-06-19T00:00:01  *** Mikaku1 has quit IRC
  2 2020-06-19T00:21:03  *** nyuszika7h1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  3 2020-06-19T00:58:32  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  4 2020-06-19T00:58:50  *** edd has quit IRC
  5 2020-06-19T00:59:46  *** S3RK has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  6 2020-06-19T01:03:08  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
  7 2020-06-19T01:03:54  *** S3RK has quit IRC
  8 2020-06-19T01:06:12  *** troygiorshev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  9 2020-06-19T01:09:42  <luke-jr> how annoying that Rust 1.29 requires LLVM 7 which Gentoo no longer has
 10 2020-06-19T01:09:56  *** promag_ has quit IRC
 11 2020-06-19T01:12:31  *** roconnor has quit IRC
 12 2020-06-19T01:28:33  *** belcher has quit IRC
 13 2020-06-19T01:36:16  *** bitdex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 14 2020-06-19T01:50:09  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 15 2020-06-19T01:52:06  *** S3RK has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 16 2020-06-19T01:57:50  *** promag_ has quit IRC
 17 2020-06-19T01:57:56  *** isis_ is now known as isis
 18 2020-06-19T02:15:51  *** shesek has quit IRC
 19 2020-06-19T02:16:14  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 20 2020-06-19T02:16:14  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 21 2020-06-19T02:29:28  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 22 2020-06-19T02:29:28  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa opened pull request #19326: Simplify hash.h interface using Spans (master...202006_spanhashes) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19326
 23 2020-06-19T02:29:29  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 24 2020-06-19T02:31:32  *** promag has quit IRC
 25 2020-06-19T02:34:56  *** harrigan has quit IRC
 26 2020-06-19T02:36:06  *** harrigan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 27 2020-06-19T03:00:02  *** nyuszika7h1 has quit IRC
 28 2020-06-19T03:07:18  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 29 2020-06-19T03:11:41  *** promag has quit IRC
 30 2020-06-19T03:13:26  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
 31 2020-06-19T03:13:59  *** Eagle[TM] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 32 2020-06-19T03:14:37  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
 33 2020-06-19T03:15:17  <luke-jr> hmm, is there any way to use Taproot to penalise evaluating the script path?
 34 2020-06-19T03:15:28  <luke-jr> ie, punish the uncooperative party
 35 2020-06-19T03:15:41  <luke-jr> (I guess Lightning already does it, but I mean simpler)
 36 2020-06-19T03:22:13  *** vexed[vexed] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 37 2020-06-19T03:54:03  *** S3RK has quit IRC
 38 2020-06-19T03:54:54  *** S3RK has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 39 2020-06-19T03:59:16  *** S3RK has quit IRC
 40 2020-06-19T04:17:58  *** S3RK has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 41 2020-06-19T04:18:07  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
 42 2020-06-19T04:20:47  *** vasild_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 43 2020-06-19T04:20:54  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 44 2020-06-19T04:24:03  *** vasild has quit IRC
 45 2020-06-19T04:24:04  *** vasild_ is now known as vasild
 46 2020-06-19T04:33:22  *** nanotube has quit IRC
 47 2020-06-19T04:35:50  *** nanotube has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 48 2020-06-19T04:36:12  *** Relis has quit IRC
 49 2020-06-19T04:51:13  *** baldur has quit IRC
 50 2020-06-19T04:57:17  *** baldur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 51 2020-06-19T05:29:38  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 52 2020-06-19T05:29:39  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/dbd7a91fdf3f...057bd3189f12
 53 2020-06-19T05:29:39  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 83fd3a6 fanquake: init: use std::thread for ThreadImport()
 54 2020-06-19T05:29:40  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 057bd31 fanquake: Merge #19197: init: use std::thread for ThreadImport()
 55 2020-06-19T05:29:42  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 56 2020-06-19T05:29:59  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 57 2020-06-19T05:29:59  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #19197: init: use std::thread for ThreadImport() (master...thread_import_no_boost) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19197
 58 2020-06-19T05:30:00  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 59 2020-06-19T05:33:33  *** Bullitje has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 60 2020-06-19T05:36:20  *** S3RK has quit IRC
 61 2020-06-19T05:37:19  *** Bullit has quit IRC
 62 2020-06-19T06:00:01  *** vexed[vexed] has quit IRC
 63 2020-06-19T06:13:15  *** troygiorshev has quit IRC
 64 2020-06-19T06:14:59  *** troygiorshev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 65 2020-06-19T06:15:09  *** jonatack_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 66 2020-06-19T06:18:13  *** jonatack has quit IRC
 67 2020-06-19T06:22:25  <gwillen> jb55: hey, I would really ideally like to be able to repro your issue from https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18027#issuecomment-613689513 before merge
 68 2020-06-19T06:22:36  <gwillen> but also this PR has been hanging around forever and I want to get it in
 69 2020-06-19T06:22:46  <gwillen> do you know if you have repro steps for it still (I know it was awhile ago, sorry)
 70 2020-06-19T06:40:21  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 71 2020-06-19T06:45:03  *** promag has quit IRC
 72 2020-06-19T06:49:40  *** S3RK has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 73 2020-06-19T06:52:27  *** marcoagner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 74 2020-06-19T06:53:54  *** S3RK has quit IRC
 75 2020-06-19T06:55:07  *** WiQert has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 76 2020-06-19T06:57:30  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 77 2020-06-19T07:29:31  *** S3RK has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 78 2020-06-19T07:41:59  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 79 2020-06-19T07:42:00  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/057bd3189f12...0101110f9b64
 80 2020-06-19T07:42:00  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f52d403 John Newbery: [net] split PushInventory()
 81 2020-06-19T07:42:01  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0101110 fanquake: Merge #19322: [net] split PushInventory()
 82 2020-06-19T07:42:03  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 83 2020-06-19T07:42:19  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 84 2020-06-19T07:42:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #19322: [net] split PushInventory() (master...2020-06-split-push-inventory) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19322
 85 2020-06-19T07:42:20  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 86 2020-06-19T07:45:54  *** jonatack_ has quit IRC
 87 2020-06-19T07:48:21  *** jonatack_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 88 2020-06-19T07:48:56  <luke-jr> so after spending several hours trying to get a Rust compiler, I'm once again concluding it is still not realistically usable yet (cc dongcarl)
 89 2020-06-19T07:49:13  *** jonatack_ has quit IRC
 90 2020-06-19T07:49:18  <luke-jr> (got pretty far, but rustc is segfaulting building the std lib, and I have no clue where to go from there)
 91 2020-06-19T07:49:48  <luke-jr> (but that's only for 1.29.0 which is ancient and requires LLVM that has been dropped from Gentoo etc)
 92 2020-06-19T08:00:52  *** Pavlenex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 93 2020-06-19T08:05:02  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 94 2020-06-19T08:08:50  *** harrigan has quit IRC
 95 2020-06-19T08:09:43  *** harrigan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 96 2020-06-19T08:10:50  *** arkos has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 97 2020-06-19T08:28:03  *** afk11` has quit IRC
 98 2020-06-19T08:29:08  *** afk11` has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 99 2020-06-19T08:30:32  *** Pavlenex has quit IRC
100 2020-06-19T08:39:16  <provoostenator> Github is broken
101 2020-06-19T08:41:48  *** Relis has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
102 2020-06-19T08:41:59  <hebasto> https://www.githubstatus.com/ is green. lol
103 2020-06-19T08:42:49  <provoostenator> So is half of the pretty 500 error page...
104 2020-06-19T08:43:44  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
105 2020-06-19T08:43:44  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Saibato opened pull request #19327: qt: Allow horizontal slider in debugwindow peers tab to autosize display (master...fix-disp-flags-qt) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19327
106 2020-06-19T08:43:45  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
107 2020-06-19T08:44:15  <hebasto> provoostenator: for me too ((
108 2020-06-19T08:46:13  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
109 2020-06-19T08:46:34  <hebasto> they saw an error now -- "Some services are degraded"
110 2020-06-19T09:00:02  *** WiQert has quit IRC
111 2020-06-19T09:07:03  *** jonatack has quit IRC
112 2020-06-19T09:13:25  *** Eagle[TM] has quit IRC
113 2020-06-19T09:18:10  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
114 2020-06-19T09:18:12  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/0101110f9b64...c940c1ad8547
115 2020-06-19T09:18:12  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fac12eb MarcoFalke: net: Avoid redundant and confusing FAILED log
116 2020-06-19T09:18:13  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa1904e MarcoFalke: net: Remove dead logging code
117 2020-06-19T09:18:14  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c940c1a fanquake: Merge #19293: net: Avoid redundant and confusing FAILED log
118 2020-06-19T09:18:16  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
119 2020-06-19T09:18:30  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
120 2020-06-19T09:18:30  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #19293: net: Avoid redundant and confusing FAILED log (master...2006-netNoRet) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19293
121 2020-06-19T09:18:31  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
122 2020-06-19T09:19:17  *** tryphe_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
123 2020-06-19T09:19:38  *** arkos has quit IRC
124 2020-06-19T09:20:04  *** tryphe has quit IRC
125 2020-06-19T09:21:22  *** jonhcw has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
126 2020-06-19T09:28:40  *** S3RK has quit IRC
127 2020-06-19T09:34:43  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
128 2020-06-19T09:34:43  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #19327: qt: Allow horizontal slider in debugwindow peers tab to autosize display (master...fix-disp-flags-qt) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19327
129 2020-06-19T09:34:44  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
130 2020-06-19T09:34:50  *** S3RK has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
131 2020-06-19T09:37:55  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
132 2020-06-19T09:41:59  *** S3RK has quit IRC
133 2020-06-19T09:57:33  *** Pavlenex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
134 2020-06-19T10:03:19  *** Wilhelm68Zboncak has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
135 2020-06-19T10:04:25  *** belcher has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
136 2020-06-19T10:07:26  *** S3RK has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
137 2020-06-19T10:10:14  *** Wilhelm68Zboncak has quit IRC
138 2020-06-19T10:11:59  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
139 2020-06-19T10:11:59  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #19318: build: disable -stack-clash-protection on Windows (master...disable_stack_clash_windows) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19318
140 2020-06-19T10:12:00  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
141 2020-06-19T10:12:49  *** Pavlenex has quit IRC
142 2020-06-19T10:37:16  <shesek> was `size` completely removed from `getmempoolentry`? the v0.20.0 docs still include it with a "will be completely removed in v0.20" note. https://bitcoincore.org/en/doc/0.20.0/rpc/blockchain/getmempoolentry/
143 2020-06-19T10:37:25  *** S3RK has quit IRC
144 2020-06-19T10:37:25  *** Pavlenex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
145 2020-06-19T10:39:21  <harding> shesek: are you asking whether the docs are correct or because you need the feature?
146 2020-06-19T10:40:37  *** S3RK has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
147 2020-06-19T10:41:03  <harding> If you need the feature, you can use the `vsize` field, which is identical to the `size` field except in name.
148 2020-06-19T10:41:50  *** Pavlenex has quit IRC
149 2020-06-19T10:41:52  <luke-jr> not if he wants the real size
150 2020-06-19T10:44:01  <harding> luke-jr: #15637 simply renamed the field; it didn't change from legacy size to vsize.
151 2020-06-19T10:44:03  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15637 | rpc: Rename size to vsize in mempool related calls by fanquake · Pull Request #15637 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
152 2020-06-19T10:45:14  <shesek> harding, whether the docs are correct, I don't need it
153 2020-06-19T10:45:46  <luke-jr> harding: yes, because size was broken at that point
154 2020-06-19T10:47:35  <harding> shesek: I just tested with -deprecatedrpc=size and I can get the `size` field in getmempoolentry, so the docs are wrong about the feature being removed in 0.20.
155 2020-06-19T10:49:04  <harding> Looks like it's remove in master though.
156 2020-06-19T10:50:01  *** wharm has quit IRC
157 2020-06-19T10:51:07  <harding> Yeah, removed in #18493
158 2020-06-19T10:51:10  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18493 | rpc: Remove deprecated "size" from mempool txs by vasild · Pull Request #18493 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
159 2020-06-19T10:56:40  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
160 2020-06-19T10:56:40  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/c940c1ad8547...62948caf4446
161 2020-06-19T10:56:40  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 51e9393 Sebastian Falbesoner: refactor: s/command/msg_type/ in CNetMsgMaker and CSerializedNetMsg
162 2020-06-19T10:56:40  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 62948ca MarcoFalke: Merge #18937: refactor: s/command/msg_type/ in CNetMsgMaker and CSerialize...
163 2020-06-19T10:56:41  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
164 2020-06-19T10:57:15  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
165 2020-06-19T10:57:15  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #18937: refactor: s/command/msg_type/ in CNetMsgMaker and CSerializedNetMsg (master...20200520-refactor-replace-command-by-msgtype-part-3) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18937
166 2020-06-19T10:57:16  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
167 2020-06-19T11:00:10  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
168 2020-06-19T11:09:13  *** S3RK has quit IRC
169 2020-06-19T11:10:13  *** S3RK has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
170 2020-06-19T11:13:12  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
171 2020-06-19T11:14:56  *** S3RK has quit IRC
172 2020-06-19T11:50:41  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
173 2020-06-19T11:52:57  *** roconnor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
174 2020-06-19T11:55:16  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
175 2020-06-19T11:55:16  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/62948caf4446...5f72ddb7ee4c
176 2020-06-19T11:55:17  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3351c91 João Barbosa: refactor: Make CScriptVisitor stateless
177 2020-06-19T11:55:17  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5f72ddb MarcoFalke: Merge #18863: refactor: Make CScriptVisitor stateless
178 2020-06-19T11:55:19  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
179 2020-06-19T11:55:56  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
180 2020-06-19T11:55:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #18863: refactor: Make CScriptVisitor stateless (master...2020-04-cscript-visitor) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18863
181 2020-06-19T11:55:57  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
182 2020-06-19T12:00:02  *** jonhcw has quit IRC
183 2020-06-19T12:00:39  <vasild> How to make sure this does not get forgotten to be added to the 0.21 release notes: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18493#issuecomment-607219682?
184 2020-06-19T12:04:51  *** lightlike has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
185 2020-06-19T12:07:45  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
186 2020-06-19T12:11:18  *** IGHOR_ has quit IRC
187 2020-06-19T12:15:09  <fanquake> vasild: I've added a label
188 2020-06-19T12:17:10  <vasild> fanquake: thanks!
189 2020-06-19T12:22:15  *** rule32 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
190 2020-06-19T12:51:40  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
191 2020-06-19T13:05:53  *** S3RK has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
192 2020-06-19T13:14:02  *** S3RK has quit IRC
193 2020-06-19T13:38:22  *** dr-orlovsky has quit IRC
194 2020-06-19T13:39:51  *** spinza_ has quit IRC
195 2020-06-19T13:41:16  <instagibbs> gwillen, I don't think that issue is a blocker, I think your suggested fix is plausible at least :)
196 2020-06-19T13:43:12  *** indigoChi021 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
197 2020-06-19T13:45:23  *** lightlike has quit IRC
198 2020-06-19T13:50:08  *** dr-orlovsky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
199 2020-06-19T14:01:56  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
200 2020-06-19T14:01:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fjahr opened pull request #19328: Add gettxoutsetinfo hash_type option (master...csi-5-hash_type-none) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19328
201 2020-06-19T14:01:57  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
202 2020-06-19T14:05:49  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
203 2020-06-19T14:09:19  *** bitdex has quit IRC
204 2020-06-19T14:28:59  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
205 2020-06-19T14:29:00  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/5f72ddb7ee4c...febe5823b4ae
206 2020-06-19T14:29:00  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa93527 MarcoFalke: cirrus: Clear dummy task
207 2020-06-19T14:29:01  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa2eb3d MarcoFalke: ci: Run asan ci config on cirrus
208 2020-06-19T14:29:01  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master febe582 MarcoFalke: Merge #19321: ci: Run asan ci config on cirrus
209 2020-06-19T14:29:03  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
210 2020-06-19T14:29:19  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
211 2020-06-19T14:29:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #19321: ci: Run asan ci config on cirrus (master...2006-ciCirrusAsan) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19321
212 2020-06-19T14:29:20  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
213 2020-06-19T15:00:02  *** rule32 has quit IRC
214 2020-06-19T15:00:33  *** davterra has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
215 2020-06-19T15:09:22  *** davterra has quit IRC
216 2020-06-19T15:20:56  *** Seyaryuki has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
217 2020-06-19T15:32:08  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
218 2020-06-19T15:32:09  *** belcher has quit IRC
219 2020-06-19T15:32:09  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
220 2020-06-19T15:32:09  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
221 2020-06-19T15:32:09  *** troygiorshev has quit IRC
222 2020-06-19T15:32:09  *** cryptapus has quit IRC
223 2020-06-19T15:32:09  *** davec has quit IRC
224 2020-06-19T15:32:09  *** ossifrage has quit IRC
225 2020-06-19T15:32:09  *** Squidicc has quit IRC
226 2020-06-19T15:32:09  *** wallet42 has quit IRC
227 2020-06-19T15:32:14  *** afk11` has quit IRC
228 2020-06-19T15:32:14  *** vasild has quit IRC
229 2020-06-19T15:32:14  *** Dean_Guss has quit IRC
230 2020-06-19T15:32:14  *** braydonf has quit IRC
231 2020-06-19T15:32:14  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
232 2020-06-19T15:32:14  *** jb55 has quit IRC
233 2020-06-19T15:32:14  *** morcos has quit IRC
234 2020-06-19T15:32:14  *** sdaftuar has quit IRC
235 2020-06-19T15:32:14  *** sipa has quit IRC
236 2020-06-19T15:32:14  *** indigoChi021 has quit IRC
237 2020-06-19T15:32:15  *** TheFuzzStone[m] has quit IRC
238 2020-06-19T15:32:16  *** awesome-doge has quit IRC
239 2020-06-19T15:32:19  <provoostenator> Does Cirrus CI have a (live) log anywhere? I see a yellow "ci" section with a black box below it that's empty.
240 2020-06-19T15:32:28  *** indigoChi021 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
241 2020-06-19T15:32:28  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
242 2020-06-19T15:32:28  *** belcher has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
243 2020-06-19T15:32:28  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
244 2020-06-19T15:32:28  *** afk11` has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
245 2020-06-19T15:32:28  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
246 2020-06-19T15:32:28  *** troygiorshev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
247 2020-06-19T15:32:28  *** vasild has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
248 2020-06-19T15:32:28  *** Dean_Guss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
249 2020-06-19T15:32:28  *** cryptapus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
250 2020-06-19T15:32:28  *** braydonf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
251 2020-06-19T15:32:28  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
252 2020-06-19T15:32:28  *** ossifrage has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
253 2020-06-19T15:32:28  *** Squidicc has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
254 2020-06-19T15:32:28  *** wallet42 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
255 2020-06-19T15:32:28  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
256 2020-06-19T15:32:28  *** jb55 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
257 2020-06-19T15:32:28  *** TheFuzzStone[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
258 2020-06-19T15:32:28  *** awesome-doge has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
259 2020-06-19T15:32:28  *** sipa has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
260 2020-06-19T15:32:28  *** sdaftuar has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
261 2020-06-19T15:32:28  *** morcos has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
262 2020-06-19T15:32:36  <provoostenator> E.g. https://cirrus-ci.com/task/4685111432052736
263 2020-06-19T15:35:06  <provoostenator> Oh wait, it magically apears after 11 minutes
264 2020-06-19T15:35:35  <provoostenator> Sadly no auto-scroll :-)
265 2020-06-19T15:35:52  *** TheFuzzStone[m] has quit IRC
266 2020-06-19T15:35:52  *** awesome-doge has quit IRC
267 2020-06-19T15:36:02  *** icota[m] has quit IRC
268 2020-06-19T15:37:09  *** nostrodamy has quit IRC
269 2020-06-19T15:38:20  *** mrostecki[m] has quit IRC
270 2020-06-19T15:39:22  *** leinlawun[m] has quit IRC
271 2020-06-19T15:40:23  <provoostenator> MarcoFalke: I think you still need to activate cirrus CI for the GUI repo?
272 2020-06-19T15:40:49  *** majes has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
273 2020-06-19T15:43:36  *** Pavlenex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
274 2020-06-19T15:43:52  *** nostrooo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
275 2020-06-19T15:45:37  *** S3RK has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
276 2020-06-19T15:46:32  *** promag_ has quit IRC
277 2020-06-19T15:47:06  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
278 2020-06-19T15:47:49  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
279 2020-06-19T15:49:46  *** S3RK has quit IRC
280 2020-06-19T15:52:41  *** majes has quit IRC
281 2020-06-19T15:53:15  *** nostrooo has quit IRC
282 2020-06-19T15:54:46  *** CubicEarth has quit IRC
283 2020-06-19T15:54:54  *** majes has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
284 2020-06-19T15:56:06  *** CubicEarth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
285 2020-06-19T15:59:34  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
286 2020-06-19T15:59:34  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #17458: Refactor OutputGroup effective value calculations and filtering to occur within the struct (master...cleanup-outputgroups) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17458
287 2020-06-19T15:59:35  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
288 2020-06-19T15:59:53  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
289 2020-06-19T15:59:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke reopened pull request #17458: Refactor OutputGroup effective value calculations and filtering to occur within the struct (master...cleanup-outputgroups) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17458
290 2020-06-19T15:59:54  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
291 2020-06-19T16:01:17  *** majes is now known as Majes
292 2020-06-19T16:09:41  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
293 2020-06-19T16:16:14  *** mol has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
294 2020-06-19T16:16:34  *** kljasdfvv has quit IRC
295 2020-06-19T16:17:08  *** mol_ has quit IRC
296 2020-06-19T16:20:45  *** vasild_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
297 2020-06-19T16:23:43  *** vasild has quit IRC
298 2020-06-19T16:23:44  *** vasild_ is now known as vasild
299 2020-06-19T16:41:47  *** indigoChi021 has quit IRC
300 2020-06-19T16:53:32  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
301 2020-06-19T16:54:20  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
302 2020-06-19T16:54:21  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 5 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/febe5823b4ae...6dc1b45087c9
303 2020-06-19T16:54:21  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa6ddb2 MarcoFalke: travis: Always run multiprocess build
304 2020-06-19T16:54:22  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa88077 MarcoFalke: ci: Have one config run in xenial to test against python3.5
305 2020-06-19T16:54:23  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fad6720 MarcoFalke: doc: move doc to ci readme
306 2020-06-19T16:54:24  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
307 2020-06-19T16:54:40  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
308 2020-06-19T16:54:40  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #19267: ci: Upgrade most ci configs to focal (master...2006-ciFocal) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19267
309 2020-06-19T16:54:41  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
310 2020-06-19T17:02:48  *** dr-orlovsky has quit IRC
311 2020-06-19T17:07:39  *** TheFuzzStone[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
312 2020-06-19T17:10:26  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
313 2020-06-19T17:13:25  *** SergeySherkunov[ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
314 2020-06-19T17:13:26  *** icota[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
315 2020-06-19T17:13:26  *** awesome-doge has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
316 2020-06-19T17:13:26  *** mrostecki[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
317 2020-06-19T17:23:54  *** mol has quit IRC
318 2020-06-19T17:33:23  *** jb55 has quit IRC
319 2020-06-19T17:37:31  *** justanotheruser is now known as Guest88307
320 2020-06-19T17:38:20  *** jb55 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
321 2020-06-19T17:39:55  *** dr-orlovsky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
322 2020-06-19T17:43:12  *** Guest88307 has quit IRC
323 2020-06-19T17:43:33  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
324 2020-06-19T18:00:02  *** Seyaryuki has quit IRC
325 2020-06-19T18:00:18  *** dr-orlovsky has quit IRC
326 2020-06-19T18:03:00  *** dr-orlovsky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
327 2020-06-19T18:08:53  *** Pavlenex has quit IRC
328 2020-06-19T18:14:50  *** mol has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
329 2020-06-19T18:21:50  *** khorben1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
330 2020-06-19T18:28:00  *** afk11` has quit IRC
331 2020-06-19T18:28:26  *** afk11` has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
332 2020-06-19T18:39:19  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
333 2020-06-19T18:39:20  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/6dc1b45087c9...f3d776b59380
334 2020-06-19T18:39:20  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b83cc0f Hennadii Stepanov: Fix link error with --enable-debug
335 2020-06-19T18:39:21  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f3d776b MarcoFalke: Merge #19309: refactor: Fix link error with --enable-debug
336 2020-06-19T18:39:22  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
337 2020-06-19T18:39:40  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
338 2020-06-19T18:39:40  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #19309: refactor: Fix link error with --enable-debug (master...200617-fix) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19309
339 2020-06-19T18:39:41  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
340 2020-06-19T18:43:11  *** jrayhawk_ is now known as jrayhawk
341 2020-06-19T18:54:59  *** mol_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
342 2020-06-19T18:57:14  *** troygiorshev has quit IRC
343 2020-06-19T18:57:47  *** mol has quit IRC
344 2020-06-19T19:00:01  <provoostenator> Wallet meeting?
345 2020-06-19T19:00:09  <meshcollider> #startmeeting
346 2020-06-19T19:00:09  <lightningbot> Meeting started Fri Jun 19 19:00:09 2020 UTC.  The chair is meshcollider. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
347 2020-06-19T19:00:09  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
348 2020-06-19T19:00:10  <achow101> wallet meeting?
349 2020-06-19T19:00:12  <achow101> hi
350 2020-06-19T19:00:12  <provoostenator> hi
351 2020-06-19T19:00:16  <meshcollider> #bitcoin-core-dev Wallet Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball ariard digi_james amiti fjahr
352 2020-06-19T19:00:16  <meshcollider> jeremyrubin emilengler jonatack hebasto jb55
353 2020-06-19T19:00:33  <meshcollider> Glad you can see my messages this week
354 2020-06-19T19:00:42  <meshcollider> Topics?
355 2020-06-19T19:00:47  <achow101> luke-jr: had one
356 2020-06-19T19:01:36  <provoostenator> Plug for for my hardware wallet write-up: https://gist.github.com/Sjors/29d06728c685e6182828c1ce9b74483d
357 2020-06-19T19:02:01  <provoostenator> Nothing new to report though.
358 2020-06-19T19:02:03  <achow101> [06-17 03:15:04 pm] <luke-jr> #proposedwalletmeetingtopic revert #6550 (conceptually) - merkle branches stored in the wallet would be useful for pruned nodes [w/ watch-only wallets]
359 2020-06-19T19:02:07  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/6550 | Do not store Merkle branches in the wallet. by sipa · Pull Request #6550 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
360 2020-06-19T19:03:40  <meshcollider> Is luke-jr here though
361 2020-06-19T19:03:50  <meshcollider> provoostenator: nice write-up
362 2020-06-19T19:04:03  <provoostenator> To many double negatives, so the proposal is to store Merkle branches in the wallet?
363 2020-06-19T19:04:36  <sipa> yes
364 2020-06-19T19:04:41  <sipa> at least optionally
365 2020-06-19T19:04:56  <jonatack> hi
366 2020-06-19T19:04:56  <achow101> also we should probably remove the descriptor wallets project from the repo now that it's done. maybe we should add one for hwardware wallets and one for sqlite wallets?
367 2020-06-19T19:05:03  <sipa> but probably better to have this discussion with luke-jr present
368 2020-06-19T19:05:09  <provoostenator> Is that to make it easier to do transaction lookups without a txindex?
369 2020-06-19T19:05:41  <provoostenator> But yes, we can defer discussion until he's around.
370 2020-06-19T19:05:59  <meshcollider> achow101: sounds sensible, I'm not sure I can add/remove projects so maybe sipa can do that for us :)
371 2020-06-19T19:07:03  <meshcollider> So tl;dr for the hardware wallet write-up for now is: go and review #11413 ?
372 2020-06-19T19:07:06  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11413 | [wallet] [rpc] sendtoaddress/sendmany: Add explicit feerate option by kallewoof · Pull Request #11413 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
373 2020-06-19T19:07:13  <provoostenator> Hardware wallet project would be welcome. My writeup contains a few PR's that can be added, recursion should find the rest, or pingme.
374 2020-06-19T19:07:47  <provoostenator> meshcollider: there's roughly two things one can review, based on interest
375 2020-06-19T19:07:56  <provoostenator> 1) bunch of send RPC related PR's
376 2020-06-19T19:08:18  <provoostenator> 2) runCommandParseJSON (which adds boost::process)
377 2020-06-19T19:08:58  <meshcollider> But you're right, 11413 has been stuck in limbo for a long time, we should get it in
378 2020-06-19T19:09:38  <jonatack> +1 will review 11413
379 2020-06-19T19:09:52  <provoostenator> Yes, because that introduces sat/b which I'll need in any other RPC call related to sending coins
380 2020-06-19T19:10:10  <provoostenator> (or waste more of kallewoof's time if he needs to rebase)
381 2020-06-19T19:10:53  <provoostenator> But I'd love to get #15382 in as well, hopefully the opt-in behavior now is acceptable.
382 2020-06-19T19:10:57  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15382 | util: add runCommandParseJSON by Sjors · Pull Request #15382 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
383 2020-06-19T19:11:13  <provoostenator> configure.ac is rather painful to work on
384 2020-06-19T19:11:15  <achow101> #18027 is getting close too. I'm reviewing it right now
385 2020-06-19T19:11:18  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18027 | "PSBT Operations" dialog by gwillen · Pull Request #18027 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
386 2020-06-19T19:11:24  <provoostenator> That one is great too
387 2020-06-19T19:12:12  <provoostenator> The UI is tangential to my hardware wallet PR's though, beacuse you won't need to touch PSBT manually.
388 2020-06-19T19:12:57  <provoostenator> Though I can see how in multisig you might receive a PSBT via "email", load it and then sign on a device. So eventually it'll have a role.
389 2020-06-19T19:13:07  <achow101> topic suggestion: how much bdb code do people want to review?
390 2020-06-19T19:13:28  <meshcollider> #topic BDB code review (achow101)
391 2020-06-19T19:13:32  <provoostenator> But my initial implementation assumes single sig, with only modest thought put into multisig (I closed a PR for that, too much of a stack)
392 2020-06-19T19:13:59  <provoostenator> Is there a choice in how much?
393 2020-06-19T19:14:04  <achow101> I've split out chunks of #18971 into a bunch of seperate PRs that are pretty easy to review
394 2020-06-19T19:14:06  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18971 | wallet: Refactor the classes in wallet/db.{cpp/h} by achow101 · Pull Request #18971 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
395 2020-06-19T19:14:18  <achow101> the rest of it is introducing the WalletDatabase abstract class and some BDB changes
396 2020-06-19T19:14:29  <achow101> but I've realized I can introduce the WalletDatabase class without those BDB changes
397 2020-06-19T19:14:44  <provoostenator> Maybe use a checkbox - [ ]  instead of (merged) for easier visual inspection
398 2020-06-19T19:15:03  <achow101> so do people want to have the abstract class and then the BDB changes separately?
399 2020-06-19T19:15:13  <provoostenator> Yes please
400 2020-06-19T19:15:22  <provoostenator> BDB is scary enough as move-only :-)
401 2020-06-19T19:15:24  <meshcollider> I'd say so yep
402 2020-06-19T19:15:24  <achow101> I fear the if I do that, those changes won't get merged, but at the same time, those changes will probably hold up the classsepparation
403 2020-06-19T19:16:17  <provoostenator> I'd like to get Sqlite3 in relatlively long before 0.21 branch off
404 2020-06-19T19:16:27  <achow101> alright then
405 2020-06-19T19:16:31  <provoostenator> That seems more important than improving DBD
406 2020-06-19T19:16:32  <achow101> I guess bdb is going to remain a mess
407 2020-06-19T19:16:37  <achow101> at least it'll be a self contained mess
408 2020-06-19T19:17:12  <meshcollider> We can make it a priority to get it reviewed and merged
409 2020-06-19T19:17:16  <meshcollider> It'll be fine
410 2020-06-19T19:18:09  *** molz_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
411 2020-06-19T19:18:23  *** molz_ has quit IRC
412 2020-06-19T19:18:43  *** molz_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
413 2020-06-19T19:19:02  <meshcollider> Alright since Luke still isn't here then we'll keep this short and sweet :)
414 2020-06-19T19:19:06  <meshcollider> #endmeeting
415 2020-06-19T19:19:06  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Fri Jun 19 19:19:06 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
416 2020-06-19T19:19:06  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-06-19-19.00.html
417 2020-06-19T19:19:06  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-06-19-19.00.txt
418 2020-06-19T19:19:06  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-06-19-19.00.log.html
419 2020-06-19T19:19:30  <achow101> prediction: luke will show up in 40 minutes
420 2020-06-19T19:19:41  <jonatack> Agree with separating the PRs achow101
421 2020-06-19T19:19:43  <meshcollider> Lol
422 2020-06-19T19:19:51  <achow101> provoostenator: I've changed it to checkboxes
423 2020-06-19T19:20:02  *** mol_ has quit IRC
424 2020-06-19T19:20:13  <meshcollider> Something achieved directly from the meeting already ;)
425 2020-06-19T19:20:57  <jonatack> meshcollider: two PRs that each have 2 ACKs, that don't touch anything dangerous: #19133
426 2020-06-19T19:20:59  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19133 | rpc, cli, test: add bitcoin-cli -generate command by jonatack · Pull Request #19133 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
427 2020-06-19T19:21:09  <jonatack> and #19200
428 2020-06-19T19:21:18  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19200 | rpc: remove deprecated getaddressinfo fields by jonatack · Pull Request #19200 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
429 2020-06-19T19:21:29  *** dongcarl8 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
430 2020-06-19T19:21:37  *** dongcarl8 has quit IRC
431 2020-06-19T19:21:53  *** dongcarl has quit IRC
432 2020-06-19T19:21:55  <meshcollider> jonatack: thanks!
433 2020-06-19T19:21:59  *** dongcarl5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
434 2020-06-19T19:22:43  *** dongcarl has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
435 2020-06-19T19:22:58  <jonatack> will review 11413, 15382, and 18027 this weekend -- cheers
436 2020-06-19T19:23:01  <provoostenator> My wallet PR's that should be almost merge-ready: #18202 and #16377
437 2020-06-19T19:23:03  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18202 | refactor: consolidate sendmany and sendtoaddress code by Sjors · Pull Request #18202 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
438 2020-06-19T19:23:06  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16377 | [rpc] dont automatically append inputs in walletcreatefundedpsbt by Sjors · Pull Request #16377 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
439 2020-06-19T19:23:33  <jonatack> provoostenator: ok adding
440 2020-06-19T19:23:45  <provoostenator> One that has a bit more discussion - see comment from promag - is now so old I don't remember my own reasoning: #18244
441 2020-06-19T19:23:47  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18244 | rpc: fundrawtransaction and walletcreatefundedpsbt respect locks even with manual coin selection by Sjors · Pull Request #18244 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
442 2020-06-19T19:23:53  <achow101> who has the ability to modify the project boards?
443 2020-06-19T19:24:24  <provoostenator> I can't say I find that last PR super important by the way.
444 2020-06-19T19:24:40  <meshcollider> achow101: I'll check if I can
445 2020-06-19T19:24:49  <provoostenator> Now that the GUI works again for watch-only coin selection :L-)
446 2020-06-19T19:25:05  <meshcollider> Oh, looks like I can
447 2020-06-19T19:28:13  <meshcollider> achow101, provoostenator : https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/15
448 2020-06-19T19:32:07  <kanzure> #proposedwalletmeetingtopic wallet meeting topics will be aggregated here http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
449 2020-06-19T19:32:33  *** tryphe_ is now known as tryphe
450 2020-06-19T19:34:31  <meshcollider> kanzure: cheers
451 2020-06-19T19:36:43  <luke-jr> sorry I missed the meeting :x
452 2020-06-19T19:37:05  <achow101> people might still be here
453 2020-06-19T19:37:16  <provoostenator> meshcollider: thanks. Can you add #16377  and #18244 ?
454 2020-06-19T19:37:19  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16377 | [rpc] dont automatically append inputs in walletcreatefundedpsbt by Sjors · Pull Request #16377 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
455 2020-06-19T19:37:20  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18244 | rpc: fundrawtransaction and walletcreatefundedpsbt respect locks even with manual coin selection by Sjors · Pull Request #18244 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
456 2020-06-19T19:38:02  <provoostenator> I guess you can't refer to other repos in a project, but otherwise bitcoin-core/gui# 4 would be nice in the "design" column
457 2020-06-19T19:38:45  <meshcollider> Done
458 2020-06-19T19:39:44  *** dr-orlovsky has quit IRC
459 2020-06-19T19:40:37  <meshcollider> provoostenator: I've added it as a note
460 2020-06-19T19:40:57  <meshcollider> You can add to projects in the same organisation but not bitcoin-core to bitcoin
461 2020-06-19T19:41:05  <achow101> #18027 seems RTM, has 3 acks
462 2020-06-19T19:41:10  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18027 | "PSBT Operations" dialog by gwillen · Pull Request #18027 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
463 2020-06-19T19:46:17  <achow101> do we want to talk about luke-jr's topic?
464 2020-06-19T19:46:54  <provoostenator> Now works for me...
465 2020-06-19T19:47:25  *** S3RK has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
466 2020-06-19T19:49:03  <meshcollider> Sure, just ping anyone else relevant
467 2020-06-19T19:49:14  <achow101> luke-jr: sipa ?
468 2020-06-19T19:49:24  <luke-jr> .
469 2020-06-19T19:51:34  *** S3RK has quit IRC
470 2020-06-19T19:51:48  <achow101> meh, just go for it.
471 2020-06-19T19:52:30  <meshcollider> Or you can wait for next week's (normal) meeting if you prefer
472 2020-06-19T19:54:37  <meshcollider> achow101: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/16
473 2020-06-19T19:54:43  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
474 2020-06-19T19:55:13  <sipa> sli don't have much to discuss about it, apart from stating that it may be useful to have this functiinality optionally enabled
475 2020-06-19T19:55:35  <achow101> meshcollider: add #18916 to design
476 2020-06-19T19:55:37  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18916 | Sqlite wallet storage · Issue #18916 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
477 2020-06-19T19:56:16  <meshcollider> Done
478 2020-06-19T20:07:04  <gwillen> achow101: whoops thanks for plugging my PR even though I missed the meeting :D
479 2020-06-19T20:15:55  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
480 2020-06-19T20:15:57  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/f3d776b59380...d4f9ae00252b
481 2020-06-19T20:15:57  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3a03a11 Andrew Chow: Skip hdKeypath of 'm'
482 2020-06-19T20:15:57  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 951bca6 Andrew Chow: tests: feature_backwards_compatibility.py test 0.16 up/downgrade
483 2020-06-19T20:15:58  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d4f9ae0 MarcoFalke: Merge #19054: wallet: Skip hdKeypath of 'm' when determining inactive hd s...
484 2020-06-19T20:15:59  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
485 2020-06-19T20:16:25  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
486 2020-06-19T20:16:26  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #19054: wallet: Skip hdKeypath of 'm' when determining inactive hd seeds (master...inactive-seed-skip-m) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19054
487 2020-06-19T20:16:26  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
488 2020-06-19T20:22:11  <cfields> sipa: re #13062, the implicit Span conversions seem like a bit of a regression from MakeSpan() imo :\
489 2020-06-19T20:22:14  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/13062 | Make script interpreter independent from storage type CScript by sipa · Pull Request #13062 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
490 2020-06-19T20:22:39  <sipa> cfields: how so?
491 2020-06-19T20:22:59  <sipa> MakeSpan is still there
492 2020-06-19T20:24:00  <sipa> cfields: i think what you're concerned about is the automatic construction of spans, not the conversion
493 2020-06-19T20:24:20  <cfields> sipa: yes, that.
494 2020-06-19T20:25:16  <sipa> cfields: i was hesitant myself, but ended up just matching the std::span behavior
495 2020-06-19T20:26:19  <cfields> for ex, in VerifyWitnessProgram, ExecuteWitnessScript gets called with different types of scripts depending on which branch it falls into. Just makes it hard to assume what the param ends up as.
496 2020-06-19T20:28:08  <sipa> the way i see is that an automatically-created span acts as a "common denominator" for all containers that can be passed to it
497 2020-06-19T20:28:43  <sipa> so by having a Span<const T> are argument to a function, you automatically enable passing any constant contiguous container to it
498 2020-06-19T20:29:25  <sipa> i wonder if we need being able to do so from temporaries, though
499 2020-06-19T20:29:54  <cfields> There are only a handful, and they sure look like magic :p
500 2020-06-19T20:30:15  <cfields> but point taken about matching std::span.
501 2020-06-19T20:36:42  <sipa> i think it makes sense to write a big comment about pitfalls with spans
502 2020-06-19T20:37:06  <sipa> they're kind of the same ones that exist for references in the first place, but for references that's masked due to automatic lifetime extension
503 2020-06-19T20:37:26  <sipa> as in:
504 2020-06-19T20:37:34  <sipa> std::string Foo();
505 2020-06-19T20:37:42  <sipa> std::string& x = Foo();
506 2020-06-19T20:38:02  <sipa> works and is well-defined, as the temporary returned by Foo gets its lifetime automatically extended to that of x
507 2020-06-19T20:38:13  <sipa> but if there is a function call in between, that magic disappears
508 2020-06-19T20:40:41  <cfields> +1 to some pitfalls docs.
509 2020-06-19T20:53:40  <sipa> the only actual danger i can imagine is when you're constructing a span from a temporary, and then assigning that span to a variable
510 2020-06-19T20:54:00  <sipa> (and that temporary isn't a span itself)
511 2020-06-19T21:00:02  *** khorben1 has quit IRC
512 2020-06-19T21:22:06  *** fredy1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
513 2020-06-19T21:24:19  *** owowo has quit IRC
514 2020-06-19T21:26:11  *** troygiorshev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
515 2020-06-19T21:28:53  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
516 2020-06-19T21:32:04  *** troygiorshev has quit IRC
517 2020-06-19T21:43:34  <jnewbery> cfields: you're very welcome to come to review club next week and tell us about the pitfalls of spans: https://bitcoincore.reviews/18468.html :)
518 2020-06-19T21:45:09  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
519 2020-06-19T21:59:47  *** Talkless has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
520 2020-06-19T22:09:02  *** troygiorshev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
521 2020-06-19T22:15:21  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
522 2020-06-19T22:15:21  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #19331: build: Do not include server symbols in wallet (master...2006-WalletNoServerSym) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19331
523 2020-06-19T22:15:22  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
524 2020-06-19T22:16:22  *** isis is now known as isis_
525 2020-06-19T22:20:39  <cfields> jnewbery: haha, I don't know what those pitfalls are, that's why I was running things by sipa :)
526 2020-06-19T22:24:07  <sipa> cfields: you seem pretty good at noticing them (the vector resize, and the span-from-temporary one...)
527 2020-06-19T22:27:27  *** Talkless has quit IRC
528 2020-06-19T22:28:02  *** marcoagner has quit IRC
529 2020-06-19T22:46:40  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
530 2020-06-19T22:46:41  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #19332: test: Fix intermittent test failure in feature_backwards_compatibility (master...2006-testIntBack) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19332
531 2020-06-19T22:46:41  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
532 2020-06-19T22:46:56  *** troygiorshev has quit IRC
533 2020-06-19T22:57:30  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
534 2020-06-19T22:59:14  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
535 2020-06-19T23:10:50  <bsm117532> #proposedwalletmeetingtopic descriptor specification for watch-only wallets, and repeated payments without address use via BIP32 paths
536 2020-06-19T23:11:07  <bsm117532> Maybe that doesn't work outside a meeting...
537 2020-06-19T23:13:49  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
538 2020-06-19T23:26:15  <gwillen> bsm117532: it does, the bot won't respond but the log gets scraped for them later, before the meeting
539 2020-06-19T23:27:02  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
540 2020-06-19T23:32:20  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
541 2020-06-19T23:32:20  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #19333: refactor: Fix clang compile failure (master...2006-FixClangBuild) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19333
542 2020-06-19T23:32:22  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
543 2020-06-19T23:37:42  <fanquake> We are doing real well with the “fails to compile” changes recently
544 2020-06-19T23:38:10  <fanquake> I feel like this is about the 3rd one this week
545 2020-06-19T23:39:30  *** IGHOR has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
546 2020-06-19T23:43:55  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
547 2020-06-19T23:49:10  *** S3RK has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
548 2020-06-19T23:52:17  *** belcher has quit IRC
549 2020-06-19T23:53:14  *** S3RK has quit IRC
550 2020-06-19T23:55:03  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC