1 2020-07-03T00:00:02  *** RhodiumToad1 has quit IRC
  2 2020-07-03T00:00:36  *** vincenzopalazzo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  3 2020-07-03T00:09:25  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
  4 2020-07-03T00:12:38  *** nik-j has quit IRC
  5 2020-07-03T00:13:11  *** nik-j has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  6 2020-07-03T00:13:30  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
  7 2020-07-03T00:27:26  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  8 2020-07-03T00:31:45  *** nik-j_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  9 2020-07-03T00:34:46  *** nik-j has quit IRC
 10 2020-07-03T00:56:25  *** nik-j_ has quit IRC
 11 2020-07-03T00:57:43  *** eam1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 12 2020-07-03T00:58:25  *** Evel-Knievel has quit IRC
 13 2020-07-03T00:58:44  *** Evel-Knievel has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 14 2020-07-03T01:00:20  *** nik-j has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 15 2020-07-03T01:02:49  *** nik-j_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 16 2020-07-03T01:02:50  *** nik-j has quit IRC
 17 2020-07-03T01:04:38  *** filchef has quit IRC
 18 2020-07-03T01:20:57  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 19 2020-07-03T01:20:57  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] promag opened pull request #19434: http: Detect remote disconnect (master...2020-06-remote-disconnect) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19434
 20 2020-07-03T01:20:58  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 21 2020-07-03T01:47:47  *** promag has quit IRC
 22 2020-07-03T01:51:30  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
 23 2020-07-03T01:54:00  *** nik-j_ has quit IRC
 24 2020-07-03T01:55:34  *** nik-j has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 25 2020-07-03T01:57:04  *** sharpiro_ has quit IRC
 26 2020-07-03T02:03:30  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
 27 2020-07-03T02:04:04  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 28 2020-07-03T02:08:12  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
 29 2020-07-03T02:25:28  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 30 2020-07-03T02:31:47  *** Relis has quit IRC
 31 2020-07-03T02:32:37  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 32 2020-07-03T02:33:54  *** promag has quit IRC
 33 2020-07-03T02:38:05  *** nullptr| has quit IRC
 34 2020-07-03T02:42:52  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 35 2020-07-03T02:42:52  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/a24806c25d7a...daae8b8a1b03
 36 2020-07-03T02:42:52  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 54b5eb2 practicalswift: tests: Add std::locale::global to list of locale dependent functions in li...
 37 2020-07-03T02:42:53  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master daae8b8 fanquake: Merge #18649: tests: Add std::locale::global to list of locale dependent f...
 38 2020-07-03T02:42:54  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 39 2020-07-03T02:43:52  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 40 2020-07-03T02:43:52  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #18649: tests: Add std::locale::global to list of locale dependent functions (master...locale-dependent-functions) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18649
 41 2020-07-03T02:43:53  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 42 2020-07-03T02:46:18  *** nullptr| has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 43 2020-07-03T02:50:50  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
 44 2020-07-03T02:51:25  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 45 2020-07-03T02:55:50  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
 46 2020-07-03T03:00:01  *** eam1 has quit IRC
 47 2020-07-03T03:05:20  *** nik-j has quit IRC
 48 2020-07-03T03:05:56  *** nik-j has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 49 2020-07-03T03:10:14  *** nik-j has quit IRC
 50 2020-07-03T03:14:45  *** bitdex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 51 2020-07-03T03:20:17  *** hggdh1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 52 2020-07-03T03:29:36  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 53 2020-07-03T03:36:06  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
 54 2020-07-03T03:56:58  *** face has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 55 2020-07-03T04:01:55  *** infamously[m] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 56 2020-07-03T04:12:12  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 57 2020-07-03T04:15:37  *** luke-jr has quit IRC
 58 2020-07-03T04:15:58  *** luke-jr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 59 2020-07-03T04:18:49  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
 60 2020-07-03T04:27:15  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
 61 2020-07-03T04:30:13  *** face has quit IRC
 62 2020-07-03T04:34:36  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 63 2020-07-03T04:51:50  *** face has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 64 2020-07-03T05:11:56  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 65 2020-07-03T05:11:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto closed pull request #19374: refactor: Drop g_orphan_list global (master...200624-orphan) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19374
 66 2020-07-03T05:11:57  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 67 2020-07-03T05:39:49  *** face has quit IRC
 68 2020-07-03T05:42:31  *** nik-j has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 69 2020-07-03T05:43:17  *** nik-j_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 70 2020-07-03T05:47:01  *** nik-j has quit IRC
 71 2020-07-03T05:47:37  *** nik-j_ has quit IRC
 72 2020-07-03T05:56:19  *** vincenzopalazzo has quit IRC
 73 2020-07-03T05:59:29  *** jarthur has quit IRC
 74 2020-07-03T06:00:01  *** hggdh1 has quit IRC
 75 2020-07-03T06:10:52  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 76 2020-07-03T06:15:34  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
 77 2020-07-03T06:16:14  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 78 2020-07-03T06:16:51  *** marcoagner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 79 2020-07-03T06:20:51  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
 80 2020-07-03T06:21:54  *** BlaDe^ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 81 2020-07-03T06:24:25  *** alko has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 82 2020-07-03T06:28:09  *** face has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 83 2020-07-03T06:37:02  *** Pavlenex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 84 2020-07-03T06:50:11  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 85 2020-07-03T06:54:46  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
 86 2020-07-03T07:09:47  *** jonatack has quit IRC
 87 2020-07-03T07:43:03  *** vasild has quit IRC
 88 2020-07-03T07:43:11  *** vasild_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 89 2020-07-03T07:43:17  *** vasild_ is now known as vasild
 90 2020-07-03T07:44:25  *** nik-j_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 91 2020-07-03T07:48:32  *** nik-j_ has quit IRC
 92 2020-07-03T07:56:52  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 93 2020-07-03T07:57:52  *** promag has quit IRC
 94 2020-07-03T07:58:50  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 95 2020-07-03T07:58:56  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 96 2020-07-03T08:00:43  *** vasild has quit IRC
 97 2020-07-03T08:01:42  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 98 2020-07-03T08:02:40  *** vasild has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 99 2020-07-03T08:03:34  *** promag has quit IRC
100 2020-07-03T08:04:57  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
101 2020-07-03T08:16:46  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
102 2020-07-03T08:16:47  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 11 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/daae8b8a1b03...7d9008f43e50
103 2020-07-03T08:16:48  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9e2e753 Hennadii Stepanov: build: Always define ZMQ_STATIC for MinGW
104 2020-07-03T08:16:48  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e9edbe4 Hennadii Stepanov: build: Always use pkg-config
105 2020-07-03T08:16:48  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6fd2118 Hennadii Stepanov: build: Drop dead non-pkg-config code for UNIVALUE check
106 2020-07-03T08:16:49  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
107 2020-07-03T08:17:11  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
108 2020-07-03T08:17:52  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
109 2020-07-03T08:17:52  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #18307: build: Require pkg-config for all of the hosts (master...20200309-pkgconfig) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18307
110 2020-07-03T08:17:52  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
111 2020-07-03T08:21:42  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
112 2020-07-03T08:23:04  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
113 2020-07-03T08:23:27  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
114 2020-07-03T08:26:27  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
115 2020-07-03T08:26:53  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
116 2020-07-03T08:27:11  *** face has quit IRC
117 2020-07-03T08:28:58  *** promag has quit IRC
118 2020-07-03T08:31:11  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
119 2020-07-03T08:39:37  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
120 2020-07-03T08:40:01  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
121 2020-07-03T08:45:53  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
122 2020-07-03T08:46:18  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
123 2020-07-03T09:00:01  *** BlaDe^ has quit IRC
124 2020-07-03T09:01:37  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
125 2020-07-03T09:02:10  *** Pavlenex1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
126 2020-07-03T09:02:44  *** Pavlenex has quit IRC
127 2020-07-03T09:02:44  *** Pavlenex1 is now known as Pavlenex
128 2020-07-03T09:05:40  *** jonatack has quit IRC
129 2020-07-03T09:05:43  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
130 2020-07-03T09:06:07  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
131 2020-07-03T09:08:09  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
132 2020-07-03T09:18:11  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
133 2020-07-03T09:18:37  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
134 2020-07-03T09:18:43  *** sipa has quit IRC
135 2020-07-03T09:21:55  *** theos1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
136 2020-07-03T09:22:12  *** jonatack has quit IRC
137 2020-07-03T09:23:01  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2020-07-03T09:23:50  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
139 2020-07-03T09:24:17  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
140 2020-07-03T09:25:43  *** sipa has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
141 2020-07-03T09:34:43  *** Aaronvan_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
142 2020-07-03T09:37:42  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
143 2020-07-03T09:39:11  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
144 2020-07-03T09:39:11  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7d9008f43e50...f61019f5a2c6
145 2020-07-03T09:39:11  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a8d39b8 fanquake: doc: explain why passing -mlinker-version is required
146 2020-07-03T09:39:12  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f61019f fanquake: Merge #19407: doc: explain why passing -mlinker-version is required when c...
147 2020-07-03T09:39:13  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
148 2020-07-03T09:39:30  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
149 2020-07-03T09:39:30  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #19407: doc: explain why passing -mlinker-version is required when cross-compiling (master...explain_mlinker_version_required) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19407
150 2020-07-03T09:39:33  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
151 2020-07-03T09:41:49  <fanquake> practicalswift: has asked for #18817 to be their high-prio PR.  So I've added that.
152 2020-07-03T09:41:50  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18817 | doc: Document differences in bitcoind and bitcoin-qt locale handling by practicalswift · Pull Request #18817 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
153 2020-07-03T09:44:05  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
154 2020-07-03T09:44:32  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
155 2020-07-03T09:45:14  *** nik-j has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
156 2020-07-03T09:48:14  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
157 2020-07-03T09:48:37  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
158 2020-07-03T09:49:34  *** nik-j has quit IRC
159 2020-07-03T09:49:58  *** vasild has quit IRC
160 2020-07-03T09:53:09  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
161 2020-07-03T09:53:35  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
162 2020-07-03T09:56:07  *** windsok has quit IRC
163 2020-07-03T09:58:44  *** windsok has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
164 2020-07-03T09:58:44  *** windsok has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
165 2020-07-03T09:59:07  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
166 2020-07-03T09:59:32  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
167 2020-07-03T10:05:27  *** Fidel88Buckridge has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
168 2020-07-03T10:08:59  *** vasild has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
169 2020-07-03T10:10:18  *** promag has quit IRC
170 2020-07-03T10:10:25  *** Fidel88Buckridge has quit IRC
171 2020-07-03T10:10:46  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
172 2020-07-03T10:12:00  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
173 2020-07-03T10:12:23  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
174 2020-07-03T10:15:24  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
175 2020-07-03T10:15:48  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
176 2020-07-03T10:18:04  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
177 2020-07-03T10:21:52  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
178 2020-07-03T10:22:16  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
179 2020-07-03T10:22:39  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
180 2020-07-03T10:25:17  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
181 2020-07-03T10:25:17  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack opened pull request #19436: consensus, test: use `OP_RIGHT`, ensure `OP_1NEGATE` satisfies BIP62 (master...test-OP_1NEGATE-and-use-OP_RIGHT) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19436
182 2020-07-03T10:25:18  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
183 2020-07-03T10:25:39  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
184 2020-07-03T10:26:02  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
185 2020-07-03T10:29:02  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
186 2020-07-03T10:29:29  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
187 2020-07-03T10:44:14  *** promag has quit IRC
188 2020-07-03T10:44:40  *** Aaronvan_ has quit IRC
189 2020-07-03T10:50:26  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
190 2020-07-03T10:50:50  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
191 2020-07-03T10:51:50  *** tryphe has quit IRC
192 2020-07-03T10:52:13  *** belcher_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
193 2020-07-03T10:52:31  *** tryphe has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
194 2020-07-03T10:54:42  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
195 2020-07-03T10:55:34  *** belcher has quit IRC
196 2020-07-03T11:01:19  *** Pavlenex has quit IRC
197 2020-07-03T11:09:08  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
198 2020-07-03T11:09:09  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #19431: ci: Avoid failing pull requests destory the appveyor cache (master...2007-ciAppv) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19431
199 2020-07-03T11:09:10  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
200 2020-07-03T11:09:41  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
201 2020-07-03T11:15:51  *** nik-j has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
202 2020-07-03T11:30:40  *** vasild_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
203 2020-07-03T11:34:23  *** vasild has quit IRC
204 2020-07-03T11:34:24  *** vasild_ is now known as vasild
205 2020-07-03T11:36:22  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
206 2020-07-03T11:39:55  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
207 2020-07-03T11:39:55  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/f61019f5a2c6...915ac8a86192
208 2020-07-03T11:39:56  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa0dfdf MarcoFalke: refactor: Remove confusing BlockIndex global
209 2020-07-03T11:39:56  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 915ac8a MarcoFalke: Merge #19413: refactor: Remove confusing BlockIndex global
210 2020-07-03T11:39:58  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
211 2020-07-03T11:40:15  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
212 2020-07-03T11:40:15  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #19413: refactor: Remove confusing BlockIndex global (master...2006-noBlockIndexGlobal) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19413
213 2020-07-03T11:40:16  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
214 2020-07-03T11:42:20  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
215 2020-07-03T11:42:20  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/915ac8a86192...3276c148c4ca
216 2020-07-03T11:42:21  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa8e6df MarcoFalke: ci: Run tsan ci config on cirrus
217 2020-07-03T11:42:21  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3276c14 MarcoFalke: Merge #19424: ci: Run tsan ci config on cirrus
218 2020-07-03T11:42:23  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
219 2020-07-03T11:42:40  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
220 2020-07-03T11:42:40  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #19424: ci: Run tsan ci config on cirrus (master...2006-ciTsanCirrus) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19424
221 2020-07-03T11:42:41  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
222 2020-07-03T11:49:41  *** jonatack has quit IRC
223 2020-07-03T11:55:39  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
224 2020-07-03T11:56:54  *** nik-j has quit IRC
225 2020-07-03T11:57:09  *** nik-j has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
226 2020-07-03T12:00:01  *** theos1 has quit IRC
227 2020-07-03T12:04:18  *** promag has quit IRC
228 2020-07-03T12:32:22  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
229 2020-07-03T12:52:04  *** lukedashjr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
230 2020-07-03T12:52:42  *** luke-jr has quit IRC
231 2020-07-03T12:56:07  *** geek00l has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
232 2020-07-03T12:56:29  *** lukedashjr is now known as luke-jr
233 2020-07-03T13:16:24  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
234 2020-07-03T13:19:52  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
235 2020-07-03T13:21:57  *** Relis has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
236 2020-07-03T13:30:55  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
237 2020-07-03T13:32:37  *** Relis has quit IRC
238 2020-07-03T13:34:15  *** Relis has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
239 2020-07-03T14:00:39  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
240 2020-07-03T14:02:59  *** sipsorcery has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
241 2020-07-03T14:04:16  *** luke-jr has quit IRC
242 2020-07-03T14:06:06  *** luke-jr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
243 2020-07-03T14:20:31  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
244 2020-07-03T14:20:57  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
245 2020-07-03T14:25:34  *** MasterdonX has quit IRC
246 2020-07-03T14:26:06  *** MasterdonX has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
247 2020-07-03T14:29:43  *** mol_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
248 2020-07-03T14:32:52  *** alko has quit IRC
249 2020-07-03T14:33:13  *** mol has quit IRC
250 2020-07-03T14:34:11  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
251 2020-07-03T14:38:05  *** mol has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
252 2020-07-03T14:38:55  *** sipsorcery has quit IRC
253 2020-07-03T14:39:09  *** sipsorcery has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
254 2020-07-03T14:41:01  *** mol_ has quit IRC
255 2020-07-03T14:41:59  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
256 2020-07-03T14:46:20  *** bitdex has quit IRC
257 2020-07-03T14:46:27  *** mol_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
258 2020-07-03T14:47:15  *** davec has quit IRC
259 2020-07-03T14:48:58  *** mol has quit IRC
260 2020-07-03T14:50:45  *** molz_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
261 2020-07-03T14:51:44  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
262 2020-07-03T14:54:02  *** mol_ has quit IRC
263 2020-07-03T14:54:07  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
264 2020-07-03T15:00:02  *** geek00l has quit IRC
265 2020-07-03T15:04:18  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
266 2020-07-03T15:05:17  *** Randolf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
267 2020-07-03T15:05:32  *** promag has quit IRC
268 2020-07-03T15:05:46  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
269 2020-07-03T15:06:05  *** Randolf has quit IRC
270 2020-07-03T15:09:06  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
271 2020-07-03T15:11:13  *** kljasdfvv has quit IRC
272 2020-07-03T15:11:48  *** promag has quit IRC
273 2020-07-03T15:16:07  *** molz_ has quit IRC
274 2020-07-03T15:16:30  *** sipsorcery has quit IRC
275 2020-07-03T15:16:59  *** RavenSoft has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
276 2020-07-03T15:17:06  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
277 2020-07-03T15:24:34  *** jnewbery_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
278 2020-07-03T15:25:40  *** jnewbery has quit IRC
279 2020-07-03T15:25:41  *** IGHOR has quit IRC
280 2020-07-03T15:25:41  *** wallet42 has quit IRC
281 2020-07-03T15:25:41  *** BGL has quit IRC
282 2020-07-03T15:25:42  *** wallet42_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
283 2020-07-03T15:25:52  *** IGHOR has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
284 2020-07-03T15:48:48  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
285 2020-07-03T15:49:11  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
286 2020-07-03T15:55:33  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
287 2020-07-03T16:02:57  *** molz_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
288 2020-07-03T16:07:20  *** Relis has quit IRC
289 2020-07-03T16:09:41  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
290 2020-07-03T16:14:23  *** promag has quit IRC
291 2020-07-03T16:17:29  *** sipsorcery has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
292 2020-07-03T16:17:36  *** owowo has quit IRC
293 2020-07-03T16:20:16  *** Relis has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
294 2020-07-03T16:23:11  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
295 2020-07-03T16:26:12  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
296 2020-07-03T16:26:13  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
297 2020-07-03T16:28:02  *** BGL has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
298 2020-07-03T16:37:44  *** ahmed_ has quit IRC
299 2020-07-03T16:41:56  *** promag has quit IRC
300 2020-07-03T16:43:20  *** luke-jr has quit IRC
301 2020-07-03T16:48:46  *** mol_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
302 2020-07-03T16:52:06  *** molz_ has quit IRC
303 2020-07-03T17:03:37  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
304 2020-07-03T17:03:37  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ajtowns opened pull request #19438: Introduce deploymentstatus (master...202007-deployment-refactor) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19438
305 2020-07-03T17:03:38  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
306 2020-07-03T17:05:06  <dongcarl> According to the tor-dev mailing list, Tor plans to deprecate v2 with 0.4.4.x (Sept. 15th, 2020) and obsolete it in 0.4.6.x (July 15th, 2021)
307 2020-07-03T17:05:11  <dongcarl> More details here: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2020-June/014365.html
308 2020-07-03T17:05:49  <dongcarl> (Originally found by BlueMatt)
309 2020-07-03T17:06:02  <dongcarl> Perhaps this warrants renewed attention on vasild's addrv2 work
310 2020-07-03T17:07:12  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
311 2020-07-03T17:07:37  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
312 2020-07-03T17:08:43  <sipa> yeah
313 2020-07-03T17:09:29  *** jnewbery has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
314 2020-07-03T17:11:54  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
315 2020-07-03T17:12:58  *** luke-jr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
316 2020-07-03T17:25:41  *** jnewbery_ has quit IRC
317 2020-07-03T17:27:08  *** bitdex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
318 2020-07-03T17:32:14  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
319 2020-07-03T17:32:22  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
320 2020-07-03T17:37:36  *** greypw has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
321 2020-07-03T17:43:45  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
322 2020-07-03T17:47:54  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
323 2020-07-03T17:53:45  *** bitdex has quit IRC
324 2020-07-03T18:00:01  *** RavenSoft has quit IRC
325 2020-07-03T18:19:55  *** jarthur has quit IRC
326 2020-07-03T18:22:06  *** defnordic has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
327 2020-07-03T18:29:07  *** Luke has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
328 2020-07-03T18:31:06  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
329 2020-07-03T18:31:25  *** Luke has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
330 2020-07-03T18:42:28  *** Luke has quit IRC
331 2020-07-03T18:42:35  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
332 2020-07-03T18:43:33  *** Luke has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
333 2020-07-03T18:46:53  *** promag has quit IRC
334 2020-07-03T18:47:44  <BlueMatt> yea, basically it sounds like either addrv2 ships in the next release-ish, or tor support is gonna be pretty manual until it ships.
335 2020-07-03T18:49:21  <BlueMatt> (also more confirmation the other night about how tor addresses already largely dont realy through the p2p network - wiz's new dnsseed has been running for weeks and the only onion it learned was the one he manually tested which was his own...only after adding a bunch of onions from a few random lists did it start picking up new onion addrs, presumably because at least one or two of those nodes were tor-only and thus had onions in
336 2020-07-03T18:49:21  <BlueMatt> their addrdb....but, essentially, even asking every node on the network for addresses every hour or so for a week or two will get you *zero* onion addresses)
337 2020-07-03T18:55:56  <luke-jr> BlueMatt: ?
338 2020-07-03T18:56:40  <BlueMatt> which bit was more unclear?
339 2020-07-03T18:56:44  <luke-jr> what does addrv2 to address this that can't be done with addrv1?
340 2020-07-03T18:56:54  <luke-jr> do to address*
341 2020-07-03T18:57:03  <BlueMatt> support tor v3 onion addresses
342 2020-07-03T18:57:07  *** luke-jr has quit IRC
343 2020-07-03T18:57:14  <BlueMatt> that is a separate issue from onions not propagating at all
344 2020-07-03T18:57:30  <BlueMatt> hum...bye, luke, i guess
345 2020-07-03T18:59:31  <sipa> BlueMatt: my dns seed/crawler has 1778 onion addresses that it considers good
346 2020-07-03T19:00:03  *** luke-jr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
347 2020-07-03T19:00:25  <meshcollider> Wallet meeting :)
348 2020-07-03T19:00:30  <achow101> wallet meeting?
349 2020-07-03T19:00:31  <meshcollider> #startmeeting
350 2020-07-03T19:00:31  <lightningbot> Meeting started Fri Jul  3 19:00:31 2020 UTC.  The chair is meshcollider. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
351 2020-07-03T19:00:31  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
352 2020-07-03T19:00:36  <meshcollider> #bitcoin-core-dev Wallet Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball ariard digi_james amiti fjahr
353 2020-07-03T19:00:36  <meshcollider> jeremyrubin emilengler jonatack hebasto jb55
354 2020-07-03T19:00:41  <BlueMatt> sipa: yes, afaict, once you 'find them' you're good, but essentially its super, super, super difficult to find onions from square 1
355 2020-07-03T19:00:45  <achow101> hi
356 2020-07-03T19:01:04  <sipa> BlueMatt: they only really propagate through onion-enabled peers
357 2020-07-03T19:01:07  <BlueMatt> (presumably because they dont relay between non-onion peers nearly at all, and unless you are onion-only you'll be largely blind)
358 2020-07-03T19:01:10  <meshcollider> Now, I know luke-jr still has a proposed topic, were there any more?
359 2020-07-03T19:01:36  <BlueMatt> right, but my observations seem to indicate that you almost have to be onion-only, or at least connect to onion only to learn any, really
360 2020-07-03T19:01:47  *** en10n has quit IRC
361 2020-07-03T19:01:50  <BlueMatt> all anecdotal, of course
362 2020-07-03T19:02:02  <achow101> is it too early to discuss deprecating and removing the legacy wallet?
363 2020-07-03T19:02:10  <meshcollider> Yes :p
364 2020-07-03T19:02:13  <sipa> achow101: yes
365 2020-07-03T19:02:58  <meshcollider> Try again in v0.27
366 2020-07-03T19:03:30  <achow101> i'll try again next year
367 2020-07-03T19:03:44  <meshcollider> Is luke-jr here this time for his topic
368 2020-07-03T19:04:39  <meshcollider> I guess not
369 2020-07-03T19:04:56  <achow101> maybe if we say luke-jr enough times he'll show up
370 2020-07-03T19:05:08  <sipa> tonal tonal tonal
371 2020-07-03T19:05:52  <meshcollider> Alright, short meeting again then :)
372 2020-07-03T19:05:55  <luke-jr> achow101 must be joking
373 2020-07-03T19:06:11  <luke-jr> I need a reminder what my topic is :D
374 2020-07-03T19:06:12  <luke-jr> …
375 2020-07-03T19:06:14  <luke-jr> is my IRC broken?
376 2020-07-03T19:06:19  <achow101> luke-jr: not anymore
377 2020-07-03T19:06:23  <sipa> we can read you
378 2020-07-03T19:06:27  <achow101> 2020-06-17.log:12:15 < luke-jr> #proposedwalletmeetingtopic revert #6550 (conceptually) - merkle branches stored in the wallet would be useful for pruned nodes [w/ watch-only wallets]
379 2020-07-03T19:06:29  *** Luke has left #bitcoin-core-dev
380 2020-07-03T19:06:31  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/6550 | Do not store Merkle branches in the wallet. by sipa · Pull Request #6550 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
381 2020-07-03T19:06:58  <luke-jr> ah right
382 2020-07-03T19:07:14  <luke-jr> apparently Electrum-Personal-Server and similar projects could really use those merkle branches
383 2020-07-03T19:07:41  <meshcollider> #topic Merkle branches stored in wallet (luke-jr)
384 2020-07-03T19:08:17  <luke-jr> sipa: what was the motivation for removing them? is it okay to add them back?
385 2020-07-03T19:08:18  <achow101> I can see the case for wanting these for pruned wallets in general
386 2020-07-03T19:08:36  <achow101> it seems like the original motivation was that they were useless
387 2020-07-03T19:08:36  <sipa> luke-jr: they were just not used by anything at the time
388 2020-07-03T19:08:49  <sipa> no objection to adding them back if that is no longer the case
389 2020-07-03T19:09:21  <luke-jr> should we bother to try to make it compatible with the old thing?
390 2020-07-03T19:09:24  <sipa> vaguely related: we should also store the network fee for wallet transactions
391 2020-07-03T19:09:30  <sipa> i don't think so
392 2020-07-03T19:09:46  <achow101> i would prefer to be wholly new
393 2020-07-03T19:09:59  <achow101> less headaches with possible compatibility states
394 2020-07-03T19:10:10  <luke-jr> k
395 2020-07-03T19:10:27  <luke-jr> what to do with wallets missing the info?
396 2020-07-03T19:10:41  <sipa> a rescan will fix it
397 2020-07-03T19:11:00  <luke-jr> but pruned wallets can't rescan necessarily
398 2020-07-03T19:11:03  <luke-jr> and this is mainly for them..
399 2020-07-03T19:11:12  <achow101> for not pruned wallets, it's easy to compute
400 2020-07-03T19:11:25  <sipa> well if the data isn't there, there is nothing we can do
401 2020-07-03T19:11:57  <achow101> i suppose a related feature would be the fetching of individual blocks over p2p for pruned nodes
402 2020-07-03T19:12:00  <luke-jr> so maybe just omit it in RPC requests for txs missing it?
403 2020-07-03T19:12:11  <sipa> achow101: ah the perennial feature request
404 2020-07-03T19:12:12  <luke-jr> should it be an optional wallet feature?
405 2020-07-03T19:12:38  <luke-jr> achow101: hmm, I suppose if we know the height it's possible, but seems complex
406 2020-07-03T19:12:59  <luke-jr> and even if we get that, there's a period of time before the request is fulfilled
407 2020-07-03T19:13:00  <achow101> luke-jr: I think we know the hash
408 2020-07-03T19:13:26  <sipa> that's not enough to fetch it
409 2020-07-03T19:14:33  <luke-jr> there's no way to get just the merkle tree I suspect
410 2020-07-03T19:14:43  <luke-jr> bloom would get us exactly what we need, but has privacy problems
411 2020-07-03T19:15:00  <luke-jr> in any case, I suspect all such fetching can be a later PR - it doesn't simplify the upfront feature
412 2020-07-03T19:15:41  <achow101> it can just be one of those features that we do from now on and for old wallets that we can get the merkle branch for
413 2020-07-03T19:16:12  <achow101> but for pruned nodes where those blocks have already been disarded, they're SOL
414 2020-07-03T19:16:21  <luke-jr> achow101: I thought we weren't going to try to be compatible? besides, I think 0.12+ deleted that info even in old wallets?
415 2020-07-03T19:16:44  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
416 2020-07-03T19:16:50  <achow101> luke-jr: if you're adding a new record, it'll still be openable in old wallets, just not useful data
417 2020-07-03T19:17:03  * luke-jr wonders if we should have a pruning setting to never discard blocks your wallet is involved in
418 2020-07-03T19:17:05  <achow101> so it's not a version bump or an incompatible wallet flag
419 2020-07-03T19:17:41  <luke-jr> achow101: oh, I misunderstood "old wallets that we can get the merkle branch for"
420 2020-07-03T19:17:44  <jonatack> hi
421 2020-07-03T19:17:49  <achow101> right
422 2020-07-03T19:18:18  <luke-jr> is there any other info we might want to save?
423 2020-07-03T19:18:33  <luke-jr> perhaps the transactions used as inputs?
424 2020-07-03T19:18:37  <meshcollider> I feel like keeping the entire blocks your wallet is involved in would not be useful other than in weird cases like right now
425 2020-07-03T19:18:51  <luke-jr> meshcollider: definitely don't want to do that ☺
426 2020-07-03T19:18:53  <achow101> didn't we use to save transactions used as inputs
427 2020-07-03T19:19:00  <luke-jr> oh, not in the wallet
428 2020-07-03T19:19:05  <luke-jr> achow101: I think so
429 2020-07-03T19:19:09  <sipa> we should store unconfirmed inputs too, i think
430 2020-07-03T19:19:24  <sipa> but not using the exponential-blowup-fest approach that was used before
431 2020-07-03T19:19:41  <luke-jr> sipa: I forget what we had before for this
432 2020-07-03T19:20:01  <luke-jr> was the problem it saved the txs in the wallettx?
433 2020-07-03T19:20:08  <sipa> yes
434 2020-07-03T19:20:19  <luke-jr> so a new db entry per txid should fix that, right?
435 2020-07-03T19:20:20  <achow101> CWalletTx needs to be trimmed
436 2020-07-03T19:20:51  <luke-jr> refcounted I suppose
437 2020-07-03T19:21:07  * luke-jr feels like he's had this discussion recently already :x
438 2020-07-03T19:21:50  <sipa> i think we can just store the inputs as wallet txn
439 2020-07-03T19:22:02  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
440 2020-07-03T19:22:04  <achow101> We might want to store just the prev txos?
441 2020-07-03T19:22:12  <sipa> which won't be IsMine(), but just there to fetch
442 2020-07-03T19:22:18  <luke-jr> hmm
443 2020-07-03T19:22:30  <luke-jr> achow101: that won't work if we need to send the entire tx to the hw wallet?
444 2020-07-03T19:22:31  <sipa> achow101: i don't think that's useful
445 2020-07-03T19:22:50  <sipa> ah, in taproot it may be
446 2020-07-03T19:23:04  <sipa> but i was more thinking that this can help rebroadcasting
447 2020-07-03T19:23:26  <achow101> ah.
448 2020-07-03T19:23:50  <luke-jr> it used to be your wallet would keep the transactions it has an interest in alive..
449 2020-07-03T19:23:58  <luke-jr> I guess we lost that
450 2020-07-03T19:24:12  <achow101> I think storing the prevtxs as a wallet txn will confuse many things
451 2020-07-03T19:24:23  <sipa> it may be, i'm not sure
452 2020-07-03T19:24:45  <achow101> I'm pretty sure there's an implicit assumption that things in mapWalletTxs are actually involved in your wallet
453 2020-07-03T19:24:49  <achow101> as in an input or output is yours
454 2020-07-03T19:25:09  <sipa> maybe - but i think most things still filter using IsMine
455 2020-07-03T19:25:21  <luke-jr> harmless to just change the db key
456 2020-07-03T19:25:27  <achow101> I'd like to not do that (as much) in the future :)
457 2020-07-03T19:25:28  <luke-jr> can read it as a wallettx type if that's useful
458 2020-07-03T19:25:56  <achow101> right, just have it as another record would probably be better
459 2020-07-03T19:26:03  <sipa> perhaps yes
460 2020-07-03T19:26:23  <sipa> that also has less risk causing backward compatibility issues
461 2020-07-03T19:28:14  <achow101> topic suggestion: legacy to descriptor wallet migration
462 2020-07-03T19:29:15  *** nik-j has quit IRC
463 2020-07-03T19:29:23  <meshcollider> #topic legacy to descriptor wallet migration (achow101)
464 2020-07-03T19:30:08  <achow101> did we determine whether it was possible to make all of the legacy things fit into descriptors?
465 2020-07-03T19:30:44  <meshcollider> What do you mean by possible
466 2020-07-03T19:30:55  <achow101> I would actually like to figure out how/if we can migrate people's wallets to descriptors so they don't lose anything
467 2020-07-03T19:31:21  <sipa> sure, but it may need a huge amount of descriptors
468 2020-07-03T19:31:39  <achow101> as in can we represent everything that could be in a legacy wallet as descriptors, and preferably not as thousands of descriptors
469 2020-07-03T19:32:11  *** nik-j_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
470 2020-07-03T19:32:12  <achow101> I think we previously had concern that IsMine would match to a nearly infinite number of scripts, but I don't think that's possible anymore?
471 2020-07-03T19:32:23  *** nik-j_ has quit IRC
472 2020-07-03T19:32:31  <sipa> i believe that's not the case anymore since bare multisig matching is gone
473 2020-07-03T19:32:34  <achow101> s/possible/concern
474 2020-07-03T19:33:38  <meshcollider> You can probably turn an HD wallet into a descriptor wallet okay
475 2020-07-03T19:33:48  * luke-jr still prefers JBOK wallets
476 2020-07-03T19:34:08  <sipa> infer a descriptor from HD information, expand it, see which scriptpubkeys it does not cover
477 2020-07-03T19:34:26  <sipa> store the remaining ones as additional descriptors
478 2020-07-03T19:34:29  <meshcollider> Obviously a non-HD wallet it's gonna be thousands of individual descriptors
479 2020-07-03T19:34:30  <achow101> for non-HD, that's going to be a lot of descriptors
480 2020-07-03T19:34:37  <sipa> yes
481 2020-07-03T19:34:50  <achow101> what about imports?
482 2020-07-03T19:35:13  <sipa> perhaps it makes sense to have a list() descriptor or something, which contains a list of non-ranged descriptors
483 2020-07-03T19:35:28  <sipa> so that you can have one thing that represents an entire wallet, but still expose it as a "list"
484 2020-07-03T19:35:54  <sipa> s/list/range/
485 2020-07-03T19:35:56  <meshcollider> And have a similar range index thing as a ranged descriptor?
486 2020-07-03T19:36:00  <sipa> right
487 2020-07-03T19:36:21  <achow101> also, with descriptors we don't have the address type mutation thing, so I think migrating would require generating new active descriptors and all the old stuff is no longer used
488 2020-07-03T19:37:34  <luke-jr> achow101: that was never *supposed* to work though
489 2020-07-03T19:37:36  <luke-jr> do we need to support it?
490 2020-07-03T19:38:24  <achow101> luke-jr: i mean retaining possible mutations on the old stuff that has already been used
491 2020-07-03T19:38:38  <sipa> luke-jr: i think it's dangerous to remove things that were treated as IsMine
492 2020-07-03T19:39:14  <luke-jr> I think once an address is used, we don't need to look for it in new blocks anymore <.<
493 2020-07-03T19:39:30  <achow101> unfortunately that's not a reasonable assumption
494 2020-07-03T19:39:48  <sipa> yeah
495 2020-07-03T19:41:49  <achow101> so I think it should be possible to migrate, but it might be a bit ugly
496 2020-07-03T19:42:01  <achow101> that's good to know
497 2020-07-03T19:42:25  <meshcollider> The list descriptor is worth thinking about imo
498 2020-07-03T19:42:54  <sipa> it's easy to add, but may become huge :)
499 2020-07-03T19:43:18  <meshcollider> Certainly would become huge in a lot of cases :p
500 2020-07-03T19:43:27  <luke-jr> I don't really get what there is to gain from this
501 2020-07-03T19:43:45  <meshcollider> Achow just wants eventual legacy deprecation
502 2020-07-03T19:44:16  <achow101> it's so we can ditch the legacy wallet in the future without forcing people to make wholly new wallets
503 2020-07-03T19:44:22  <luke-jr> why?
504 2020-07-03T19:44:43  <meshcollider> Because descriptor wallets are better
505 2020-07-03T19:44:48  <luke-jr> …
506 2020-07-03T19:44:56  <achow101> less stuff to maintaini
507 2020-07-03T19:45:13  <luke-jr> couldn't we just load the old keys as descriptors in memory?
508 2020-07-03T19:45:31  <achow101> yes but that's (probably) expensive
509 2020-07-03T19:45:33  <meshcollider> That loses most of the benefits
510 2020-07-03T19:45:43  <meshcollider> Anyway any other topics?
511 2020-07-03T19:47:02  <meshcollider> #endmeeting
512 2020-07-03T19:47:02  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Fri Jul  3 19:47:02 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
513 2020-07-03T19:47:02  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-07-03-19.00.html
514 2020-07-03T19:47:02  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-07-03-19.00.txt
515 2020-07-03T19:47:02  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-07-03-19.00.log.html
516 2020-07-03T19:48:48  *** afk11 has quit IRC
517 2020-07-03T19:49:25  *** afk11 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
518 2020-07-03T19:55:52  *** Relis has quit IRC
519 2020-07-03T19:59:44  <jeremyrubin> To an extent we should be storing all ancestors of an IsMine output (especially if they are currently unconfirmed)
520 2020-07-03T20:01:40  <sipa> "i updated my bitcoin core wallet and the wallet.dat file is now 230 GB, what happened?"
521 2020-07-03T20:02:11  <jeremyrubin> to an extent --> within some reorg limit maybe?
522 2020-07-03T20:02:17  <jeremyrubin> e.g., 100 blocks?
523 2020-07-03T20:04:43  <jeremyrubin> I guess it's whatever you set your pruning window to
524 2020-07-03T20:19:06  <luke-jr> your mempool won't accept the tx in the first place if it's too deep?
525 2020-07-03T20:19:49  <luke-jr> or you mean confirmed txs.. not sure why we'd store those more than 1 level deep
526 2020-07-03T20:19:58  <jeremyrubin> reorgs
527 2020-07-03T20:20:10  <jeremyrubin> You'd want a minimum of 6 blocks, likely 100
528 2020-07-03T20:20:21  <luke-jr> when they're reorging out, we can add them as unconfirmed inputs
529 2020-07-03T20:20:38  <jeremyrubin> But only if you've stored them to be able to rebroadcast
530 2020-07-03T20:21:05  <luke-jr> hmm, I guess the node/wallet separation  might interfere
531 2020-07-03T20:21:17  <luke-jr> wallet I guess doesn't get to look at the old block before it's reorg'd out
532 2020-07-03T20:21:24  <sipa> the wallet could store transactions at the time of the reorg
533 2020-07-03T20:21:29  <sipa> when they become unconfirmed
534 2020-07-03T20:21:40  <luke-jr> sipa: just said that, and figured out why it doesn't work ^ :P
535 2020-07-03T20:21:49  <jeremyrubin> the tricky thing is that you recursively want to store all parents
536 2020-07-03T20:21:51  <luke-jr> unless my IRC is broken again..
537 2020-07-03T20:22:04  <jeremyrubin> so it's not just a simple ismine check. It's ismine and any now-unconf parents
538 2020-07-03T20:22:06  <sipa> why can't wallet see those blocks at the time of reorg?
539 2020-07-03T20:22:27  <luke-jr> sipa: the wallet might not even be loaded
540 2020-07-03T20:22:58  <sipa> then it would see it afterwards; it needs to be updated to the new chain at some poimt
541 2020-07-03T20:23:07  <luke-jr> but by then, the old blocks are gone
542 2020-07-03T20:23:11  <luke-jr> conceptually
543 2020-07-03T20:23:12  <sipa> if by then the block is pruned... of course that won't work
544 2020-07-03T20:24:32  *** Relis has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
545 2020-07-03T20:25:01  <jeremyrubin> Which is why you want to store as you go a window of parents to things which trigger IsMine :/
546 2020-07-03T20:25:27  <jeremyrubin> If you want to be able to rebroadcast things which didn't get into the new chain on reorg at least
547 2020-07-03T20:26:26  *** Talkless has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
548 2020-07-03T20:26:43  <luke-jr> jeremyrubin: can we even do that without a txindex?
549 2020-07-03T20:27:18  <sipa>  nope
550 2020-07-03T20:28:27  <jeremyrubin> Well, if you have a window (e.g., 100 blocks) you can just rescan only those. Otherwise yeah i guess you need txindex
551 2020-07-03T20:30:04  <luke-jr> hrm
552 2020-07-03T20:30:31  <luke-jr> I suppose it's not too terrible
553 2020-07-03T20:30:40  <jeremyrubin> luke-jr: how does pruning interract with not loaded wallets?
554 2020-07-03T20:30:52  <jeremyrubin> E.g., if I'm pruning after 200 blocks. And wallet B is not loaded
555 2020-07-03T20:30:57  <jeremyrubin> and 400 blocks go by
556 2020-07-03T20:31:03  <jeremyrubin> do I wait to prune until B is loaded?
557 2020-07-03T20:31:16  <luke-jr> jeremyrubin: IIRC right now you just can't load wallet B anymore
558 2020-07-03T20:31:19  <gwillen> I bet the answer is "you lose"
559 2020-07-03T20:31:44  <jeremyrubin> luke-jr: Can't load meaning results in a clean error
560 2020-07-03T20:31:52  <luke-jr> it *would* be nice if we had a prune-blocking directory
561 2020-07-03T20:31:53  <jeremyrubin> or loads but could be missing 200 blks of txns
562 2020-07-03T20:32:01  <luke-jr> clean error IIRC
563 2020-07-03T20:32:11  <luke-jr> not only for wallets, but arbitrary RPC clients
564 2020-07-03T20:32:12  <gwillen> the wallet knows where it needs to start scanning from
565 2020-07-03T20:32:18  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
566 2020-07-03T20:32:21  <gwillen> so presumably it knows it can't, although I don't know what the error looks like
567 2020-07-03T20:32:24  <luke-jr> eg, JoinMarket or Lightning or such could set a prune block
568 2020-07-03T20:32:48  <gwillen> luke-jr: there's at least one proposal for an RPC interface for this, but I think it's unimplemented because so far nobody cares enough to implement it
569 2020-07-03T20:33:04  <gwillen> although that doesn't directly handle the case of unloaded wallets
570 2020-07-03T20:33:13  <luke-jr> gwillen: but it's the same concept
571 2020-07-03T20:33:18  <gwillen> yeah
572 2020-07-03T20:33:52  <gwillen> it's tricky with wallets, though -- if they are in your wallet directory then that's sort of one thing (although if you made a test wallet and then never touched it again, and that silently permanently disabled pruning, that would be bad)
573 2020-07-03T20:34:03  <gwillen> but if you have a wallet on removable media this gets really messy
574 2020-07-03T20:34:13  <luke-jr> yeah, need a way for users to override case-by-case
575 2020-07-03T20:34:18  <gwillen> you need some kind of wallet set metadata and a way to manage it
576 2020-07-03T20:34:32  <luke-jr> might also want to block syncing at some point too (with a notable warning)
577 2020-07-03T20:34:37  <gwillen> (look at e.g. how git handles worktrees on removable media, which is not ideal but has the same sort of problem)
578 2020-07-03T20:34:51  <gwillen> (and they have an approach that is basically default pinning that you can mmanually override, IIRC)
579 2020-07-03T20:35:11  <luke-jr> GUI could just show a list of "Wallet: X  - synced to 2222", "c-lightning wallet Y - synced to 2221" etc
580 2020-07-03T20:35:23  <luke-jr> and a "prune anyway" button
581 2020-07-03T20:35:30  <luke-jr> maybe a way to tell your node to ignore them in the future
582 2020-07-03T20:35:58  <gwillen> *nod*, this elevates the concept of a list of wallets to be first-class, which it isn't now, the current system happily treats a wallet.dat you found in the street as being equivalent to one it created (as far as I know)
583 2020-07-03T20:36:41  <gwillen> (it probably should be, to be clear, IMO)
584 2020-07-03T20:37:22  <luke-jr> "Backup of wallet X made on 2020-06-01"
585 2020-07-03T20:37:52  <luke-jr> gwillen: it doesn't need to be based on the wallet list
586 2020-07-03T20:38:04  <luke-jr> gwillen: just let wallets add themselves when they're loaded and sync
587 2020-07-03T20:38:35  <luke-jr> I suppose the backup GUI should be revised to ask the user if they're replacing an old backup
588 2020-07-03T20:39:12  <luke-jr> kinda hesitant to start on something like this tho since I have so many open PRs waiting already :x
589 2020-07-03T20:41:51  * luke-jr wonders why #11082 has "Waiting for author"…
590 2020-07-03T20:41:54  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11082 | Add new bitcoin_rw.conf file that is used for settings modified by this software itself by luke-jr · Pull Request #11082 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
591 2020-07-03T20:44:26  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
592 2020-07-03T20:48:08  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
593 2020-07-03T20:48:34  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
594 2020-07-03T20:51:56  *** nik-j has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
595 2020-07-03T20:55:54  *** nik-j has quit IRC
596 2020-07-03T20:58:16  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
597 2020-07-03T20:58:43  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
598 2020-07-03T21:00:01  *** defnordic has quit IRC
599 2020-07-03T21:00:21  *** filchef has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
600 2020-07-03T21:01:22  *** filchef has quit IRC
601 2020-07-03T21:03:30  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
602 2020-07-03T21:03:54  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
603 2020-07-03T21:07:08  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
604 2020-07-03T21:07:32  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
605 2020-07-03T21:09:23  *** lehnberg has quit IRC
606 2020-07-03T21:11:11  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
607 2020-07-03T21:11:36  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
608 2020-07-03T21:14:11  *** ahmed_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
609 2020-07-03T21:16:04  *** ukboi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
610 2020-07-03T21:19:37  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
611 2020-07-03T21:20:01  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
612 2020-07-03T21:21:12  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
613 2020-07-03T21:21:12  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Ghorbanian opened pull request #19439: script: Linter to check commit message formatting (master...linter-addition) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19439
614 2020-07-03T21:21:13  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
615 2020-07-03T21:32:26  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
616 2020-07-03T21:32:59  *** vincenzopalazzo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
617 2020-07-03T21:36:21  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
618 2020-07-03T21:42:53  *** nik-j has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
619 2020-07-03T22:05:26  *** nik-j has quit IRC
620 2020-07-03T22:15:13  *** Talkless has quit IRC
621 2020-07-03T22:21:04  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
622 2020-07-03T22:21:31  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
623 2020-07-03T22:23:00  *** luke-jr has quit IRC
624 2020-07-03T22:24:54  *** luke-jr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
625 2020-07-03T22:25:58  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
626 2020-07-03T22:32:11  *** marcoagner has quit IRC
627 2020-07-03T22:37:16  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
628 2020-07-03T22:37:51  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
629 2020-07-03T22:42:05  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
630 2020-07-03T22:43:06  *** _atos has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
631 2020-07-03T23:02:28  *** luke-jr has quit IRC
632 2020-07-03T23:03:03  *** Relis7 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
633 2020-07-03T23:03:23  *** luke-jr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
634 2020-07-03T23:04:34  *** Relis has quit IRC
635 2020-07-03T23:04:40  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
636 2020-07-03T23:20:40  *** _atos has quit IRC
637 2020-07-03T23:28:54  *** sipsorcery has quit IRC
638 2020-07-03T23:29:12  *** aqua42 has quit IRC
639 2020-07-03T23:29:32  *** aqua42 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
640 2020-07-03T23:33:43  *** vasild has quit IRC
641 2020-07-03T23:35:39  *** vasild has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
642 2020-07-03T23:37:53  *** molz_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
643 2020-07-03T23:40:52  *** mol_ has quit IRC
644 2020-07-03T23:46:05  *** mol has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
645 2020-07-03T23:49:25  *** molz_ has quit IRC
646 2020-07-03T23:49:41  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev