1 2020-07-30T00:00:01  *** furkanmustafa has quit IRC
  2 2020-07-30T00:04:59  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
  3 2020-07-30T00:07:09  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  4 2020-07-30T00:22:05  *** noirin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  5 2020-07-30T00:25:47  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
  6 2020-07-30T00:30:43  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  7 2020-07-30T00:35:23  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
  8 2020-07-30T00:56:08  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
  9 2020-07-30T01:09:10  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 10 2020-07-30T01:13:49  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
 11 2020-07-30T01:17:33  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
 12 2020-07-30T01:18:09  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 13 2020-07-30T01:22:35  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
 14 2020-07-30T01:27:45  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 15 2020-07-30T01:36:53  *** jarthur has quit IRC
 16 2020-07-30T01:37:20  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 17 2020-07-30T01:38:06  *** tripleslash has quit IRC
 18 2020-07-30T01:39:16  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 19 2020-07-30T01:44:57  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 20 2020-07-30T01:45:39  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
 21 2020-07-30T01:46:12  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 22 2020-07-30T01:47:49  *** braydonf has quit IRC
 23 2020-07-30T01:50:00  *** jarthur has quit IRC
 24 2020-07-30T01:50:26  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 25 2020-07-30T01:52:05  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
 26 2020-07-30T01:53:10  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
 27 2020-07-30T01:53:29  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 28 2020-07-30T02:00:47  *** tripleslash has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 29 2020-07-30T02:04:11  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
 30 2020-07-30T02:06:42  *** noirin has quit IRC
 31 2020-07-30T02:07:44  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 32 2020-07-30T02:13:24  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
 33 2020-07-30T02:15:19  *** jarthur_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 34 2020-07-30T02:16:25  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 35 2020-07-30T02:17:06  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 36 2020-07-30T02:18:33  *** jarthur has quit IRC
 37 2020-07-30T02:19:52  *** jarthur_ is now known as jarthur
 38 2020-07-30T02:26:45  *** davec has quit IRC
 39 2020-07-30T02:27:10  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
 40 2020-07-30T02:27:31  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 41 2020-07-30T02:28:07  *** promag has quit IRC
 42 2020-07-30T02:32:07  *** paulk-collins has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 43 2020-07-30T02:32:09  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
 44 2020-07-30T02:35:27  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 45 2020-07-30T02:44:45  *** davec has quit IRC
 46 2020-07-30T02:46:27  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 47 2020-07-30T02:52:21  *** jarthur_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 48 2020-07-30T02:53:08  *** jarthur_ has quit IRC
 49 2020-07-30T02:55:25  *** davec has quit IRC
 50 2020-07-30T03:00:02  *** paulk-collins has quit IRC
 51 2020-07-30T03:08:55  *** jarthur has quit IRC
 52 2020-07-30T03:10:11  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 53 2020-07-30T03:14:05  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 54 2020-07-30T03:15:00  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
 55 2020-07-30T03:21:06  *** ermau has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 56 2020-07-30T03:52:26  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
 57 2020-07-30T04:13:24  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 58 2020-07-30T04:14:34  *** davec has quit IRC
 59 2020-07-30T04:14:55  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 60 2020-07-30T04:16:57  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 61 2020-07-30T04:21:05  *** davec has quit IRC
 62 2020-07-30T04:21:22  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 63 2020-07-30T04:30:05  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
 64 2020-07-30T04:30:28  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 65 2020-07-30T04:30:29  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 66 2020-07-30T04:34:55  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
 67 2020-07-30T04:35:13  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 68 2020-07-30T04:35:37  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
 69 2020-07-30T04:39:46  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
 70 2020-07-30T04:45:45  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 71 2020-07-30T04:46:18  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 72 2020-07-30T05:09:30  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 73 2020-07-30T05:11:01  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 74 2020-07-30T05:13:52  *** jarthur has quit IRC
 75 2020-07-30T05:15:46  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
 76 2020-07-30T05:18:27  *** murrayn has quit IRC
 77 2020-07-30T05:19:27  *** murray has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 78 2020-07-30T05:19:51  *** murray is now known as Guest30498
 79 2020-07-30T05:19:53  *** Guest30498 has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 80 2020-07-30T05:33:58  *** bitdex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 81 2020-07-30T05:50:54  *** sipa has quit IRC
 82 2020-07-30T05:53:58  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
 83 2020-07-30T06:00:01  *** ermau has quit IRC
 84 2020-07-30T06:01:12  *** tripleslash has quit IRC
 85 2020-07-30T06:01:21  *** sipa has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 86 2020-07-30T06:22:05  *** rosseaux1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 87 2020-07-30T06:35:57  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 88 2020-07-30T06:37:07  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 89 2020-07-30T06:42:54  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 90 2020-07-30T07:16:25  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 91 2020-07-30T07:17:03  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 92 2020-07-30T07:17:04  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/8db23349fe9b...149eca433d80
 93 2020-07-30T07:17:04  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2c6a02e Troy Giorshev: Clean message_count and last_message
 94 2020-07-30T07:17:05  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 149eca4 MarcoFalke: Merge #19599: test: clean message_count and last_message
 95 2020-07-30T07:17:07  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 96 2020-07-30T07:17:23  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 97 2020-07-30T07:17:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #19599: test: clean message_count and last_message (master...2020-07-clean-message_count) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19599
 98 2020-07-30T07:17:24  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 99 2020-07-30T07:24:17  *** Pavlenex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
100 2020-07-30T07:32:25  *** tripleslash has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
101 2020-07-30T07:47:20  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
102 2020-07-30T07:47:20  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/149eca433d80...2a784723f0c0
103 2020-07-30T07:47:20  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 82dee87 Sebastian Falbesoner: test: test decodepsbt fee calculation (count input value only once per UTX...
104 2020-07-30T07:47:21  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2a78472 MarcoFalke: Merge #19597: test: test decodepsbt fee calculation (count input value onl...
105 2020-07-30T07:47:22  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
106 2020-07-30T07:47:40  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
107 2020-07-30T07:47:40  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #19597: test: test decodepsbt fee calculation (count input value only once per UTXO) (master...20200726-test-check-deceodepsbt-fee-calculation) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19597
108 2020-07-30T07:47:41  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
109 2020-07-30T07:59:11  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
110 2020-07-30T07:59:30  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
111 2020-07-30T08:01:05  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
112 2020-07-30T08:08:59  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
113 2020-07-30T08:11:45  *** davec has quit IRC
114 2020-07-30T08:12:09  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
115 2020-07-30T08:17:07  *** jeremyrubin has quit IRC
116 2020-07-30T08:21:08  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
117 2020-07-30T08:21:47  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
118 2020-07-30T08:25:30  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
119 2020-07-30T08:25:48  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
120 2020-07-30T08:27:05  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
121 2020-07-30T08:29:00  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
122 2020-07-30T08:38:05  *** jonatack has quit IRC
123 2020-07-30T08:40:46  *** Pavlenex1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
124 2020-07-30T08:42:13  *** Pavlenex has quit IRC
125 2020-07-30T08:42:14  *** Pavlenex1 is now known as Pavlenex
126 2020-07-30T08:46:05  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
127 2020-07-30T08:52:18  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
128 2020-07-30T08:52:18  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #19624: Interpret and validate rw_settings (master...2007-settings) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19624
129 2020-07-30T08:52:19  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
130 2020-07-30T08:52:46  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
131 2020-07-30T08:53:06  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
132 2020-07-30T09:00:02  *** rosseaux1 has quit IRC
133 2020-07-30T09:02:50  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
134 2020-07-30T09:12:37  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
135 2020-07-30T09:17:16  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
136 2020-07-30T09:21:48  *** cassier has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
137 2020-07-30T09:46:35  *** DeanWeen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2020-07-30T09:46:58  *** Dean_Guss has quit IRC
139 2020-07-30T09:51:17  *** shesek has quit IRC
140 2020-07-30T09:51:43  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
141 2020-07-30T09:51:43  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
142 2020-07-30T10:03:24  *** Lane61Mueller has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
143 2020-07-30T10:13:01  *** Pavlenex1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
144 2020-07-30T10:14:17  *** promag has quit IRC
145 2020-07-30T10:15:46  *** Pavlenex has quit IRC
146 2020-07-30T10:15:47  *** Pavlenex1 is now known as Pavlenex
147 2020-07-30T10:21:50  *** andrewtoth has quit IRC
148 2020-07-30T10:22:13  *** andrewtoth has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
149 2020-07-30T10:23:49  *** bitdex has quit IRC
150 2020-07-30T10:37:08  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
151 2020-07-30T10:45:09  *** Pavlenex has quit IRC
152 2020-07-30T10:55:32  *** vasild_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
153 2020-07-30T10:58:23  *** vasild has quit IRC
154 2020-07-30T10:58:24  *** vasild_ is now known as vasild
155 2020-07-30T11:09:54  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
156 2020-07-30T11:13:27  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
157 2020-07-30T11:15:51  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
158 2020-07-30T11:17:45  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
159 2020-07-30T11:36:30  *** Lane61Mueller has quit IRC
160 2020-07-30T11:40:20  *** promag has quit IRC
161 2020-07-30T11:41:06  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
162 2020-07-30T11:45:30  *** promag has quit IRC
163 2020-07-30T11:56:24  *** gzhao408 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
164 2020-07-30T11:59:22  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
165 2020-07-30T12:00:02  *** cassier has quit IRC
166 2020-07-30T12:07:46  *** promag has quit IRC
167 2020-07-30T12:21:13  *** Pavlenex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
168 2020-07-30T12:22:17  *** nhandler1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
169 2020-07-30T12:25:01  *** rh0nj has quit IRC
170 2020-07-30T12:26:08  *** rh0nj has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
171 2020-07-30T12:39:42  *** Livestradamus has quit IRC
172 2020-07-30T12:40:03  *** Livestradamus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
173 2020-07-30T13:14:26  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
174 2020-07-30T13:19:06  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
175 2020-07-30T13:32:44  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
176 2020-07-30T13:34:48  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
177 2020-07-30T13:34:49  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/2a784723f0c0...4ebe2f6e752c
178 2020-07-30T13:34:49  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 78c312c Martin Ankerl: Replace current benchmarking framework with nanobench
179 2020-07-30T13:34:50  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4ebe2f6 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #18011: Replace current benchmarking framework with nanobench
180 2020-07-30T13:34:52  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
181 2020-07-30T13:36:03  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
182 2020-07-30T13:36:03  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #18011: Replace current benchmarking framework with nanobench (master...2019-10-nanobench) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18011
183 2020-07-30T13:36:04  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
184 2020-07-30T13:36:44  <fanquake> #proposedmeetingtopic 0.20.1rc1 testing. Has anyone had/seen any issues during testing so far? Has anything come up that would require an rc2?
185 2020-07-30T13:37:18  *** promag has quit IRC
186 2020-07-30T13:37:44  <fanquake> I have moved #19033 to the 0.20.2 milestone.
187 2020-07-30T13:37:47  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19033 | http: Release work queue after event base finish by promag · Pull Request #19033 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
188 2020-07-30T13:40:33  *** mutatrum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
189 2020-07-30T13:43:59  *** troygiorshev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
190 2020-07-30T13:45:32  *** spikee has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
191 2020-07-30T13:48:23  *** spikee has quit IRC
192 2020-07-30T13:48:44  *** spikee has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
193 2020-07-30T13:49:02  *** spikee has quit IRC
194 2020-07-30T13:49:27  *** spikee has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
195 2020-07-30T13:50:24  *** spikee has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
196 2020-07-30T13:53:07  *** spikee has quit IRC
197 2020-07-30T13:53:11  *** gzhao408 has quit IRC
198 2020-07-30T13:53:27  *** nhandler1 has quit IRC
199 2020-07-30T13:54:36  *** spikee has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
200 2020-07-30T13:55:00  *** spikee has quit IRC
201 2020-07-30T13:55:27  *** spikee has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
202 2020-07-30T13:55:56  *** spikee has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
203 2020-07-30T14:00:38  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
204 2020-07-30T14:04:27  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
205 2020-07-30T14:05:09  *** Josse|BNC has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
206 2020-07-30T14:10:07  <wumpus> I was about to propose the same topic
207 2020-07-30T14:10:15  <wumpus> :)
208 2020-07-30T14:11:51  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
209 2020-07-30T14:12:06  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
210 2020-07-30T14:12:21  *** mutatrum has quit IRC
211 2020-07-30T14:16:17  <wumpus> would be good to get 0.20.1 out of the door asap if no critical issues came up in testing
212 2020-07-30T14:17:31  *** gzhao408 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
213 2020-07-30T14:18:48  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
214 2020-07-30T14:18:49  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/4ebe2f6e752c...17de75b02814
215 2020-07-30T14:18:49  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4254cd9 Jon Atack: p2p: add CInv transaction message helper methods
216 2020-07-30T14:18:50  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c251d71 Jon Atack: p2p, refactoring: use CInv helpers in net_processing.cpp
217 2020-07-30T14:18:51  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 17de75b Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #19590: p2p, refactor: add `CInv` transaction message helpers; use i...
218 2020-07-30T14:18:52  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
219 2020-07-30T14:19:08  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
220 2020-07-30T14:19:08  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #19590: p2p, refactor: add `CInv` transaction message helpers; use in net processing (master...CInv-transaction-message-helpers) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19590
221 2020-07-30T14:19:09  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
222 2020-07-30T14:24:53  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
223 2020-07-30T14:24:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #19626: refactor: replace sizeof(a)/sizeof(a[0]) by ARRAYLEN(a) (master...20200726-refactor-replace-sizeof-by-arraylen) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19626
224 2020-07-30T14:25:02  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
225 2020-07-30T14:25:43  <luke-jr> I wonder if nodes ought to prefer blocks with expected version over equal-work blocks with unexpected version
226 2020-07-30T14:26:04  <instagibbs> prefer as is preciousblock?
227 2020-07-30T14:26:10  <instagibbs> as in
228 2020-07-30T14:26:24  <instagibbs> oh sorry, yes, i had to read the entire sentence
229 2020-07-30T14:26:41  <luke-jr> similar
230 2020-07-30T14:26:49  *** Tennis has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
231 2020-07-30T14:27:15  <luke-jr> it could make sense, because if features are activated the node doesn't support, it ceases to be a full node
232 2020-07-30T14:27:48  <luke-jr> (and for new nodes, it gives a small bias toward activation of new features they do support?)
233 2020-07-30T14:27:56  <instagibbs> first seen in general gives good convergence properties. Some new asicboost like thing could result in more profitable selfish mining attacks or similar
234 2020-07-30T14:29:03  *** spikee has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
235 2020-07-30T14:29:54  *** spikee has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
236 2020-07-30T14:31:36  *** spikee has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
237 2020-07-30T14:32:13  <fanquake> wumpus: sounds good
238 2020-07-30T14:32:43  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
239 2020-07-30T14:32:44  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #19627: build: Drop per-host faketime wrappers in gitian-linux build (master...200729-fake) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19627
240 2020-07-30T14:32:44  *** spikee has quit IRC
241 2020-07-30T14:32:45  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
242 2020-07-30T14:33:03  *** spikee has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
243 2020-07-30T14:41:02  *** spikee has quit IRC
244 2020-07-30T14:41:24  *** spikee has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
245 2020-07-30T14:43:51  *** spikee has quit IRC
246 2020-07-30T14:44:13  *** spikee has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
247 2020-07-30T14:45:25  *** spikee has quit IRC
248 2020-07-30T14:45:54  *** spikee has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
249 2020-07-30T14:52:25  *** promag has quit IRC
250 2020-07-30T14:53:07  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
251 2020-07-30T15:00:02  *** Josse|BNC has quit IRC
252 2020-07-30T15:03:12  *** promag has quit IRC
253 2020-07-30T15:08:18  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
254 2020-07-30T15:08:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/17de75b02814...37b765b96238
255 2020-07-30T15:08:19  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0103d64 Andrew Chow: Introduce DummyDatabase and use it in the tests
256 2020-07-30T15:08:20  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master da039d2 Andrew Chow: Remove BDB dummy databases
257 2020-07-30T15:08:20  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0fcff54 Andrew Chow: walletdb: Ensure that having no database handle is a failure
258 2020-07-30T15:08:22  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
259 2020-07-30T15:08:58  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
260 2020-07-30T15:08:58  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #19102: wallet: Introduce and use DummyDatabase instead of dummy BerkeleyDatabase (master...true-dummydb) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19102
261 2020-07-30T15:08:59  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
262 2020-07-30T15:10:18  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
263 2020-07-30T15:10:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/37b765b96238...62d137ac3b70
264 2020-07-30T15:10:19  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
265 2020-07-30T15:10:20  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a316e9c Ivan Metlushko: refactor: add unused ArgsManager to replace gArgs
266 2020-07-30T15:10:20  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9b20f66 Ivan Metlushko: scripted-diff: Replace gArgs with local argsman
267 2020-07-30T15:10:22  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8ed9002 Ivan Metlushko: refactor: use local argsmanager in CRegTestParams
268 2020-07-30T15:10:23  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
269 2020-07-30T15:10:37  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
270 2020-07-30T15:10:37  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #19561: refactor: Pass ArgsManager into functions that register args (master...args_manager) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19561
271 2020-07-30T15:10:37  *** promag_ has quit IRC
272 2020-07-30T15:10:38  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
273 2020-07-30T15:10:56  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
274 2020-07-30T15:22:12  *** Stuk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
275 2020-07-30T15:27:23  *** andrewtoth has quit IRC
276 2020-07-30T15:28:12  *** troygiorshev has quit IRC
277 2020-07-30T15:28:31  <promag_> #19033 fixes a shutdown race. not too hard to review tbh
278 2020-07-30T15:28:34  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19033 | http: Release work queue after event base finish by promag · Pull Request #19033 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
279 2020-07-30T15:28:41  *** promag_ is now known as promag
280 2020-07-30T15:29:25  <promag> it doesn't mess with libevent
281 2020-07-30T15:31:28  *** Talkless has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
282 2020-07-30T15:32:19  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
283 2020-07-30T15:32:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/62d137ac3b70...ad2952d17a2a
284 2020-07-30T15:32:20  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master faec851 MarcoFalke: test: Simplify cs_main locks
285 2020-07-30T15:32:20  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fac674d MarcoFalke: Pass mempool pointer to UnloadBlockIndex
286 2020-07-30T15:32:21  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fae8c28 MarcoFalke: Pass mempool pointer to GetCoinsCacheSizeState
287 2020-07-30T15:32:22  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
288 2020-07-30T15:32:39  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
289 2020-07-30T15:32:39  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #19604: Pass mempool pointer to UnloadBlockIndex/GetCoinsCacheSizeState (master...2007-memPointer) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19604
290 2020-07-30T15:32:40  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
291 2020-07-30T15:32:57  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
292 2020-07-30T15:33:44  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
293 2020-07-30T15:33:45  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/ad2952d17a2a...edec7f7c2542
294 2020-07-30T15:33:45  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 284a969 Amir Ghorbanian: Linter to check commit message formatting
295 2020-07-30T15:33:46  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master edec7f7 MarcoFalke: Merge #19439: script: Linter to check commit message formatting
296 2020-07-30T15:33:48  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
297 2020-07-30T15:34:04  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
298 2020-07-30T15:34:04  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #19439: script: Linter to check commit message formatting (master...linter-addition) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19439
299 2020-07-30T15:34:05  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
300 2020-07-30T15:34:23  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
301 2020-07-30T15:34:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] vasild opened pull request #19628: net: change CNetAddr::ip to have flexible size (master...make_CNetAddr_ip_flexible) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19628
302 2020-07-30T15:34:24  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
303 2020-07-30T15:48:49  *** spikee has quit IRC
304 2020-07-30T15:51:10  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
305 2020-07-30T15:51:34  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
306 2020-07-30T15:53:32  *** troygiorshev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
307 2020-07-30T16:27:13  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
308 2020-07-30T16:27:13  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #19629: Pass mempool reference to chainstate constructor (master...2007-nomem) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19629
309 2020-07-30T16:27:14  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
310 2020-07-30T16:27:27  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
311 2020-07-30T16:29:21  *** gankmove has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
312 2020-07-30T16:52:09  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
313 2020-07-30T16:55:51  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
314 2020-07-30T16:57:51  *** alko89 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
315 2020-07-30T16:59:58  *** gzhao408 has quit IRC
316 2020-07-30T17:00:21  *** Guyver2_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
317 2020-07-30T17:02:30  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
318 2020-07-30T17:09:16  *** DeanWeen has quit IRC
319 2020-07-30T17:10:07  *** jeremyrubin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
320 2020-07-30T17:10:33  *** DeanWeen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
321 2020-07-30T17:16:42  *** notmandatory has quit IRC
322 2020-07-30T17:24:03  *** jb55 has quit IRC
323 2020-07-30T17:25:32  *** Pavlenex has quit IRC
324 2020-07-30T17:29:10  *** jb55 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
325 2020-07-30T17:41:25  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
326 2020-07-30T17:50:00  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
327 2020-07-30T17:55:57  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
328 2020-07-30T17:56:32  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
329 2020-07-30T17:57:08  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
330 2020-07-30T17:57:24  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
331 2020-07-30T17:57:54  *** lightlike has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
332 2020-07-30T17:59:28  *** jb55 has quit IRC
333 2020-07-30T18:00:01  *** Stuk has quit IRC
334 2020-07-30T18:02:58  *** joerodgers has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
335 2020-07-30T18:05:37  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
336 2020-07-30T18:05:38  *** Highway62 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
337 2020-07-30T18:07:58  *** Highway62 is now known as Highway61
338 2020-07-30T18:10:03  *** joerodgers has quit IRC
339 2020-07-30T18:11:21  *** joerodgers has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
340 2020-07-30T18:19:14  *** troygiorshev has quit IRC
341 2020-07-30T18:19:48  *** troygiorshev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
342 2020-07-30T18:22:06  *** RavenSoft has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
343 2020-07-30T18:22:49  *** MTennis has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
344 2020-07-30T18:25:47  *** Tennis has quit IRC
345 2020-07-30T18:31:10  *** Talkless has quit IRC
346 2020-07-30T18:32:21  *** TennisB has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
347 2020-07-30T18:35:34  *** MTennis has quit IRC
348 2020-07-30T18:56:25  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
349 2020-07-30T19:00:13  <sipa> hi
350 2020-07-30T19:00:15  <jnewbery> hi
351 2020-07-30T19:00:19  <wumpus> #startmeeting
352 2020-07-30T19:00:19  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Jul 30 19:00:19 2020 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
353 2020-07-30T19:00:19  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
354 2020-07-30T19:00:21  <luke-jr> hi
355 2020-07-30T19:00:23  <sipsorcery>  hi
356 2020-07-30T19:00:25  <meshcollider> hi
357 2020-07-30T19:00:26  <troygiorshev> hi
358 2020-07-30T19:00:28  <fjahr> hi
359 2020-07-30T19:00:31  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball kvaciral ariard digi_james
360 2020-07-30T19:00:32  <wumpus> amiti fjahr jeremyrubin lightlike emilengler jonatack hebasto jb55 elichai2
361 2020-07-30T19:00:32  <hebasto> hi
362 2020-07-30T19:00:33  <achow101> hi
363 2020-07-30T19:00:39  <pinheadmz> hi
364 2020-07-30T19:00:42  <lightlike> hi
365 2020-07-30T19:00:50  <jamesob> hi
366 2020-07-30T19:00:52  <wumpus> one proposed meeting topic:  0.20.1rc1 testing (fanquake)
367 2020-07-30T19:00:58  <wumpus> any last minute topic ideas?
368 2020-07-30T19:00:59  <jeremyrubin> hi
369 2020-07-30T19:01:12  *** _joerodgers has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
370 2020-07-30T19:01:13  <jeremyrubin> Maybe backports of wtxid v.s. the thing suhas proposed?
371 2020-07-30T19:01:20  <wumpus> ok
372 2020-07-30T19:02:08  <wumpus> #topic High priority for review
373 2020-07-30T19:02:25  <achow101> #19077 pls
374 2020-07-30T19:02:27  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19077 | wallet: Add sqlite as an alternative wallet database and use it for new descriptor wallets by achow101 · Pull Request #19077 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
375 2020-07-30T19:02:31  <wumpus> 10 blockers, 1 bugfix, 3 chasing concept ACK in https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8
376 2020-07-30T19:02:37  *** joerodgers has quit IRC
377 2020-07-30T19:02:54  <jamesob> achow101: looking forward to reading that one
378 2020-07-30T19:03:11  <wumpus> achow101: added
379 2020-07-30T19:03:50  <wumpus> I'm happy we got through all the preparation PRs and got to the main one now :)
380 2020-07-30T19:03:59  <meshcollider> Yes \o/
381 2020-07-30T19:04:10  <jeremyrubin> not a devel topic, but gentle nudge for anyone who could use more funding to get themselves added to https://bitcoindevlist.com/, the community has been very generous lately & it's easy to setup via github sponsors (who are matching up to $5k in your first year)
382 2020-07-30T19:05:25  <wumpus> thanks
383 2020-07-30T19:05:57  <wumpus> anything else to add/remove or that is ready for merge?
384 2020-07-30T19:06:36  <wumpus> #topic 0.20.1rc1 testing
385 2020-07-30T19:06:46  <luke-jr> is what ready for merge? O.o
386 2020-07-30T19:06:48  <wumpus> Has anyone had/seen any issues during testing so far?
387 2020-07-30T19:06:55  <wumpus> luke-jr: anything on high priority for review
388 2020-07-30T19:07:01  <luke-jr> ah
389 2020-07-30T19:07:17  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
390 2020-07-30T19:07:20  <MarcoFalke> Might be ready to ship
391 2020-07-30T19:07:34  <MarcoFalke> Only change since rc has been a doc commit and a travis commit
392 2020-07-30T19:07:46  <hebasto> ^ agree
393 2020-07-30T19:07:49  <wumpus> I think so too
394 2020-07-30T19:07:58  <luke-jr> by my count, I only see 13 nodes using 0.20.1; but I haven't paid much attention to this in the past
395 2020-07-30T19:08:08  <luke-jr> and it's expected that there will be some delay in my stats picking things up
396 2020-07-30T19:08:13  <wumpus> no new problems have been reported with .1 afaik
397 2020-07-30T19:08:43  <wumpus> luke-jr: happy to hear 13 people are testing it :)
398 2020-07-30T19:08:55  <wumpus> (at least)
399 2020-07-30T19:09:06  *** _joerodgers has quit IRC
400 2020-07-30T19:09:43  *** sdaftuar has quit IRC
401 2020-07-30T19:10:10  <wumpus> I'm planning to tag -final soon then, it's good to get this release out of the door
402 2020-07-30T19:10:37  <wumpus> #topic backport of wtxid versus alternative (jeremyrubin)
403 2020-07-30T19:11:00  <jeremyrubin> Hmmm well it seems we lost suhas a moment ago
404 2020-07-30T19:11:05  <wumpus> the backport is #19606
405 2020-07-30T19:11:07  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19606 | Backport wtxid relay to v0.20 by jnewbery · Pull Request #19606 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
406 2020-07-30T19:11:16  <sipa> and the alternative is #19620
407 2020-07-30T19:11:17  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19620 | Add txids with non-standard inputs to reject filter by sdaftuar · Pull Request #19620 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
408 2020-07-30T19:11:29  <wumpus> right ^^
409 2020-07-30T19:11:31  <sipa> it isn't really an alternative - they're both independent improvements that should both go in master
410 2020-07-30T19:11:49  *** sdaftuar has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
411 2020-07-30T19:11:52  <MarcoFalke> Does it make sense to ship wtxid in 0.20 before it is shipped in 0.21?
412 2020-07-30T19:11:53  <luke-jr> wb sdaftuar
413 2020-07-30T19:12:00  <wumpus> so I think the question is which one (or both) to backport to 0.20
414 2020-07-30T19:12:02  <MarcoFalke> It's not exactly a bugfix and it might come with risks
415 2020-07-30T19:12:05  <sipa> but i think that one is sufficient to remove concerns about deploying new segwit softforks
416 2020-07-30T19:12:07  <jeremyrubin> is it correct to say they're backport alternatives?
417 2020-07-30T19:12:14  <jnewbery> #19606 is actually quite a straightforward backport. Most of the conflicts are trivial.
418 2020-07-30T19:12:15  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19606 | Backport wtxid relay to v0.20 by jnewbery · Pull Request #19606 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
419 2020-07-30T19:12:21  <luke-jr> I thought we figured out we didn't strictly need either?
420 2020-07-30T19:12:57  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: I think that's a good point, might make sense to include wtxid relay only in the 20.x release after 21.0
421 2020-07-30T19:12:59  <jnewbery> The biggest difference is removing the unbroadcast stuff, which was only merged after v0.20 forked, but even that's pretty limited in where it interacts with the rest of the code
422 2020-07-30T19:13:01  <jeremyrubin> Out of curiosity, can we backport either easily to a 19.x? Would that matter?
423 2020-07-30T19:13:02  <luke-jr> (so long as the policy changes were left for 0.21+)
424 2020-07-30T19:14:09  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
425 2020-07-30T19:14:16  <sdaftuar> sorry my connection is super laggy right now. but i assume we could easily backport #19620 to any recent release
426 2020-07-30T19:14:17  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19620 | Add txids with non-standard inputs to reject filter by sdaftuar · Pull Request #19620 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
427 2020-07-30T19:14:35  <jeremyrubin> luke-jr: it would be nice to have less dependency though on when policy changes are advisable
428 2020-07-30T19:14:38  <wumpus> hm 0.19 backport would be much more work (code differs more) and gets much less testing
429 2020-07-30T19:15:07  <jeremyrubin> sdaftuar's patch seems to be really simple compared to wtxid relay
430 2020-07-30T19:15:08  <jnewbery> my opinion is that there's no strong reason not to backport wtxid relay to 0.20. It should be a trivial review for anyone who reviewed it on master, and we want wtxid relay to be widely deployed independent of taproot
431 2020-07-30T19:15:25  <jnewbery> I think 19620 is independently good and should also be backported
432 2020-07-30T19:15:27  <jeremyrubin> maybe backport both to 0.20, sdaftuar patch to 0.19?
433 2020-07-30T19:15:27  <sdaftuar> anyway i definitely wanted wtxid relay to be part of 0.20, so i think jnewbery is right to say the backport isn't terrible, but backporting p2p features isn't something we usually do
434 2020-07-30T19:15:31  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
435 2020-07-30T19:16:16  <luke-jr> sdaftuar: considering we don't need it for Taproot(consensus), is there another reason you want wtxid relay in 0.20?
436 2020-07-30T19:16:16  <jeremyrubin> I guess the question which I'm uncertain enough is how big of a deal is it going to be for 0.19.x nodes if taproot rolls out and they have no protections
437 2020-07-30T19:16:35  <wumpus> we can make an exception to normallly not backporting p2p features as it's requirement for taproot
438 2020-07-30T19:16:44  <wumpus> which will also be backported
439 2020-07-30T19:16:50  <instagibbs> we normally backport activations, hence this yeah
440 2020-07-30T19:16:52  <sdaftuar> luke-jr: i'm not sure i do want it in 0.20 now, i just meant when i wrote it back in january, i had been hoping it would make the 0.20.0 release :)
441 2020-07-30T19:16:58  <luke-jr> ah
442 2020-07-30T19:17:03  <jnewbery> 19620 should be a trivial backport to 0.19 (it's only 10-20 lines of code changed). I don't think we should backport wtxid relay to 0.19
443 2020-07-30T19:17:04  <jeremyrubin> luke-jr: sipa seemed to be exceptionally frustrated when i suggested that last week, so while possible maybe better to not plan to do that
444 2020-07-30T19:17:07  <sipa> luke-jr: what do you mean by that? it would require some rule that taproot-capable nodes don't relay such transactions to older peers
445 2020-07-30T19:17:35  <sipa> which is a possibility, but i think just backporting #19620 is a lot simpler
446 2020-07-30T19:17:37  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19620 | Add txids with non-standard inputs to reject filter by sdaftuar · Pull Request #19620 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
447 2020-07-30T19:17:47  <luke-jr> sipa: I mean we can deploy Taproot(consensus) independently from / in parallel to Taproot(policy)
448 2020-07-30T19:18:15  <luke-jr> the former is going to take at least a year anyway, so 0.21 will be mature by the time it activates
449 2020-07-30T19:18:23  <sipa> luke-jr: sure... but that won't protect old nodes
450 2020-07-30T19:18:26  <jeremyrubin> jnewbery: that sounds good to me as an actionalble plan forward. Is it enough that 0.19.x nodes with the patch won't get bad dos?
451 2020-07-30T19:18:39  <sipa> (by the time things actually start being relayed, from whatever codebase)
452 2020-07-30T19:19:19  <luke-jr> sipa: that's true no matter what release we put it into?
453 2020-07-30T19:20:01  <sipa> luke-jr: yes, fair - but at least there could easily be a 0.20 and 0.19 perhaps with 19620 in it, so people who don't want to immediately upgrade to a new major version would have an option
454 2020-07-30T19:20:08  <sdaftuar> honestly i'm not super concerned about bandwidth waste to old nodes. it's better to not waste bandwidth, of course, but i think if people have a couple alternatives to avoid it (upgrade to latest minor release or major release) it's not a big deal
455 2020-07-30T19:20:25  <jnewbery> sdaftuar: I agree
456 2020-07-30T19:20:31  <wumpus> I agree too
457 2020-07-30T19:20:37  <luke-jr> sipa: I'm not opposed
458 2020-07-30T19:20:42  <sipa> ok
459 2020-07-30T19:20:48  <jnewbery> 0.18 is EOL in Feb next year, Taproot won't activate before then, probably
460 2020-07-30T19:21:17  <jnewbery> so if we backport 19620 to 0.19, anyone on a supported version has a minor release they can upgrade to
461 2020-07-30T19:21:32  <wumpus> yes
462 2020-07-30T19:21:34  <jeremyrubin> I also agree with this to an extent, but I think there are probably some older node users who would be noisy, and I wouldn't want that to translate into opposition to other development work on later versions
463 2020-07-30T19:22:02  <jeremyrubin> jnewbery: I don't think anyone can complain about that plan
464 2020-07-30T19:22:08  <sdaftuar> they can just put an upgraded node in between their old node and the network
465 2020-07-30T19:22:11  <sipa> yeah, seems reasonable to me
466 2020-07-30T19:22:27  <luke-jr> jeremyrubin: if someone insists on using a pre-0.19 version, they can fund longer-term maintenance thereof..
467 2020-07-30T19:22:44  <luke-jr> or what sdaftuar suggested
468 2020-07-30T19:22:55  <sipa> of course, i don't think we have obligations to maintain EOL versions
469 2020-07-30T19:24:44  <jeremyrubin> When is EOL for 0.19?
470 2020-07-30T19:25:04  <wumpus> so the plan is to backport  #19606 to 0.20 and #19620 to 0.19 and 0.20?
471 2020-07-30T19:25:06  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19606 | Backport wtxid relay to v0.20 by jnewbery · Pull Request #19606 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
472 2020-07-30T19:25:07  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19620 | Add txids with non-standard inputs to reject filter by sdaftuar · Pull Request #19620 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
473 2020-07-30T19:25:07  <instagibbs> should be a little while I think?
474 2020-07-30T19:25:26  <jnewbery> wumpus: sounds good to me
475 2020-07-30T19:25:37  <wumpus> okay!
476 2020-07-30T19:25:47  <instagibbs> 0.17 is 2020-08-01 eol
477 2020-07-30T19:25:51  <instagibbs> soon(TM)
478 2020-07-30T19:25:58  <sdaftuar> sounds good
479 2020-07-30T19:26:07  <sipa> sounds reasonable if wtxid relay (and followups) are easy to do in 0.20
480 2020-07-30T19:26:16  <luke-jr> isn't 0.19 unsupported when 0.21 is released?
481 2020-07-30T19:26:36  <sdaftuar> sipa: good point about followups
482 2020-07-30T19:26:51  <jeremyrubin> I think we could change that to be the policy going forward, but https://bitcoincore.org/en/lifecycle/ says otherwise
483 2020-07-30T19:26:53  <sipa> random thought: should the bitcoincore twitter account announce when major releases go unsupported/EOL ?
484 2020-07-30T19:26:55  <sdaftuar> i think your pr about orphan fetching just got conflicted due to a refactor that was merged
485 2020-07-30T19:27:06  <instagibbs> "maintenance end" I think luke-jr
486 2020-07-30T19:27:07  <sipa> sdaftuar: will fix soon, seems trivial
487 2020-07-30T19:27:09  <instagibbs> im reading the website
488 2020-07-30T19:27:11  <sdaftuar> so perhaps we should highlight the followup prs that would be backported as well?
489 2020-07-30T19:27:21  <luke-jr> instagibbs: yeah, me too - it's not clear when EOL is
490 2020-07-30T19:27:30  <sdaftuar> (if more than one)
491 2020-07-30T19:27:34  <achow101> 0.19 eol is after 0.22
492 2020-07-30T19:27:38  <instagibbs> eolAfter EOL, users must upgrade to a later version to receive security updates, even though the community may provide fixes for critical issues on a best effort basis.
493 2020-07-30T19:28:06  <instagibbs> i think maintenance is more what we're considering
494 2020-07-30T19:28:07  <sipa> so wtxid relay is #18044 #19590 #19569... anything else?
495 2020-07-30T19:28:11  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18044 | Use wtxid for transaction relay by sdaftuar · Pull Request #18044 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
496 2020-07-30T19:28:13  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19590 | p2p, refactor: add `CInv` transaction message helpers; use in net processing by jonatack · Pull Request #19590 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
497 2020-07-30T19:28:15  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19569 | Enable fetching of orphan parents from wtxid peers by sipa · Pull Request #19569 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
498 2020-07-30T19:28:32  <wumpus> sipa: seems fine to me, though in general I don't like urging people to upgrade unless there's a security problem
499 2020-07-30T19:28:32  <jnewbery> sipa: yes, it'd be good if the twitter account announced EOLs
500 2020-07-30T19:28:37  <luke-jr> instagibbs: true, this isn't a critical issue
501 2020-07-30T19:28:50  <jnewbery> I don't think 19590 needs to be backported
502 2020-07-30T19:29:09  <jnewbery> we can just take the existing 19569 branch before you rebase it on that
503 2020-07-30T19:29:11  <sdaftuar> jnewbery: it'll make 19569 easier to backport due to the conflicts i think?
504 2020-07-30T19:29:15  <sipa> jnewbery: it doesn't, but it would make the master and backported version of 19569 somewhat different
505 2020-07-30T19:29:19  <instagibbs> it's really tiny...
506 2020-07-30T19:29:25  <sipa> okay
507 2020-07-30T19:29:33  <sipa> i don't think there are any major disagreements here
508 2020-07-30T19:30:01  <jeremyrubin> if you backport #19748 it will take care of the memory overhead from the new wtxid index, but far from required
509 2020-07-30T19:30:01  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19748 | HTTP Error 404: Not Found
510 2020-07-30T19:30:12  <jeremyrubin> #19478
511 2020-07-30T19:30:14  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19478 | Remove CTxMempool::mapLinks data structure member by JeremyRubin · Pull Request #19478 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
512 2020-07-30T19:30:14  <wumpus> any other topics?
513 2020-07-30T19:31:44  <jnewbery> if we're agreed that #19606 should go in, then can I encourage anyone who reviewed #18044 to look at it soon, while the original PR is still fresh for them
514 2020-07-30T19:31:45  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19606 | Backport wtxid relay to v0.20 by jnewbery · Pull Request #19606 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
515 2020-07-30T19:31:48  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18044 | Use wtxid for transaction relay by sdaftuar · Pull Request #18044 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
516 2020-07-30T19:31:50  <jnewbery> it'll make review easier
517 2020-07-30T19:32:14  <jnewbery> no point in hanging around if we want to get it in
518 2020-07-30T19:33:13  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
519 2020-07-30T19:33:13  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] darosior opened pull request #19630: Refactor fee estimation code (master...20/07/refactor_feeest_code) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19630
520 2020-07-30T19:33:14  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
521 2020-07-30T19:33:52  <jeremyrubin> wait is it going into the upcoming minor?
522 2020-07-30T19:33:59  <jeremyrubin> I thought it's the next 0.20 minor?
523 2020-07-30T19:34:02  <MarcoFalke> And should it be released before 0.21? That would imply that 0.20.x users are testing the 0.21.0 release
524 2020-07-30T19:34:25  <MarcoFalke> jeremyrubin: Not in the one that is rc right now
525 2020-07-30T19:34:42  <jnewbery> jeremyrubin: no. 20.1 already has an rc
526 2020-07-30T19:34:55  <jeremyrubin> that's what I thought, was confused by the 'get it in'
527 2020-07-30T19:35:04  <jeremyrubin> will review
528 2020-07-30T19:35:41  <sdaftuar> MarcoFalke: are you suggesting that the 0.20.x that has wtxid-relay should be held until 0.21 is released?
529 2020-07-30T19:36:13  <wumpus> yes, that's what he suggests
530 2020-07-30T19:36:19  <MarcoFalke> sdaftuar: I am asking if we should
531 2020-07-30T19:36:24  <wumpus> I think it makes sense
532 2020-07-30T19:36:32  <jeremyrubin> I think it should release whenever it's appropriate maybe? Because isn't there a benefit to having deeper backport penetration before 0.21 launches?
533 2020-07-30T19:36:33  <sdaftuar> that seems reasonabel to me as well, i hadn't consideredt hat
534 2020-07-30T19:36:41  <sdaftuar> i think we should get the other mitigation in sooner though
535 2020-07-30T19:36:45  <MarcoFalke> Not saying we must, but something to consider
536 2020-07-30T19:37:09  <wumpus> sdaftuar: definitely, it's different for the other one as it's not a feature
537 2020-07-30T19:37:35  <jeremyrubin> what about plugging in sdaftuar's minor mitigation into the one into current rc? Or is that bad to disrupt that flow?
538 2020-07-30T19:37:52  <wumpus> no
539 2020-07-30T19:37:56  <sdaftuar> jeremyrubin: it has 0 acks i think!
540 2020-07-30T19:37:57  <sipa> i think that would a serious violation of process
541 2020-07-30T19:38:02  <sipa> there is no bug to be fixed here
542 2020-07-30T19:38:06  <sipa> and no regression in the release
543 2020-07-30T19:38:12  <sipa> and it's not even in master!
544 2020-07-30T19:38:36  <luke-jr> one could argue wasting bandwidth is a bug
545 2020-07-30T19:38:47  <wumpus> 0.20.1 is done, we've just decided that in last topic, it's reasonably urgent to get it released and ther ehave been no cricital problems, and anyhow, what sipa says
546 2020-07-30T19:38:49  <sdaftuar> no bandwidth is being wasetd now though
547 2020-07-30T19:38:52  <sdaftuar> well
548 2020-07-30T19:38:56  <instagibbs> it's not a regression except for the fact other nodes will be doing different behavior someday
549 2020-07-30T19:38:57  <sdaftuar> you know hwat i mean
550 2020-07-30T19:38:57  <instagibbs> maybe
551 2020-07-30T19:39:08  <sipa> it can go in 0.20.2
552 2020-07-30T19:39:13  <wumpus> yes
553 2020-07-30T19:39:16  <instagibbs> yeah i dont think there's a rush there
554 2020-07-30T19:39:20  <sipa> agree
555 2020-07-30T19:39:23  <MarcoFalke> agree with sipa
556 2020-07-30T19:39:25  <wumpus> again, please do not try to rush things
557 2020-07-30T19:39:29  <sdaftuar> agree with marco
558 2020-07-30T19:39:30  <jeremyrubin> I'm just trying to understand sdaftuar's comment that the mitigation goes in sooner
559 2020-07-30T19:39:36  <sdaftuar> into 0.20 branch
560 2020-07-30T19:40:04  <jeremyrubin> ah I thought you were meaning a 0.20.3 and 0.20.4 which seemed excessive
561 2020-07-30T19:40:36  <jnewbery> I don't think it matters that much which order they get merged into the 0.20 branch. 19620 is so tiny that conflicts aren't an issue whichever order things happen
562 2020-07-30T19:40:57  <wumpus> jnewbery: that's good to know
563 2020-07-30T19:41:00  <sdaftuar> jnewbery: i interpreted the delay of 0.20.x with wtxid-relay as a suggestion to hold off on the merge
564 2020-07-30T19:41:10  <sdaftuar> in case we needed another 0.20 minor release
565 2020-07-30T19:41:22  <jnewbery> My comment earlier about reviewing now was more about people reviewing when wtxid hasn't been paged out of their memory. Nothing about changing or rushing process
566 2020-07-30T19:41:56  *** bizmindx has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
567 2020-07-30T19:42:06  <sdaftuar> and i was thinking that in that event, we might as well get the other mitigation out there since it's pretty easy
568 2020-07-30T19:42:07  <jnewbery> but if it interferes with the normal 0.20.x release process, then there's no problem waiting
569 2020-07-30T19:42:07  <sipa> jnewbery: that makes sense
570 2020-07-30T19:42:13  <MarcoFalke> Jup, good to have the backport open already, so that it can get review, but no rush in merging it
571 2020-07-30T19:42:51  <sipa> i can't remember if we ever made that consideration before - that a feature would appear in a backport release before a new major release
572 2020-07-30T19:43:02  <sipa> new features in backports are arguably rare in any case
573 2020-07-30T19:44:01  <jeremyrubin> I mean is wtxid relay really a feature or a architectural mitigation? You could argue it belonged in 0.13...
574 2020-07-30T19:44:26  <sdaftuar> feature
575 2020-07-30T19:44:58  <jnewbery> I don't think such semantic distinctions are very interesting. It's a large code change
576 2020-07-30T19:44:59  <sdaftuar> anyway i think we have a plan forward?
577 2020-07-30T19:45:29  <sipa> i think so
578 2020-07-30T19:45:31  <wumpus> yes
579 2020-07-30T19:45:32  <sdaftuar> i'll make some backports
580 2020-07-30T19:46:00  <instagibbs> great
581 2020-07-30T19:46:23  <jnewbery> sdaftuar: you mean 19620->v0.20 and 19620->v0.19?
582 2020-07-30T19:46:32  <sdaftuar> yeah
583 2020-07-30T19:46:41  <sdaftuar> thx for biting the bullet on wtxid-relay :)
584 2020-07-30T19:47:14  <jnewbery> sdaftuar: of course. It wasn't actually that bad
585 2020-07-30T19:47:14  <jeremyrubin> +1 fast work!
586 2020-07-30T19:48:09  <wumpus> any other topics?
587 2020-07-30T19:48:35  <instagibbs> reviewing it was also not painful at all fwiw
588 2020-07-30T19:48:35  <sdaftuar> is there a p2p focused irc meeting happening?
589 2020-07-30T19:48:36  <instagibbs> hint hint
590 2020-07-30T19:49:13  <sdaftuar> (you can make that a topic if you want, if not a one word answer)
591 2020-07-30T19:49:37  <sipa> jnewbery inquired if there was interest in one last week or the week before, iirc
592 2020-07-30T19:49:42  <sipa> haven't heard anything since
593 2020-07-30T19:49:42  <jnewbery> sdaftuar: yes. I said I'd figure out a way to schedule it but haven't done so yet
594 2020-07-30T19:50:15  <jnewbery> my preference would be for roughly the same time as this but on a different day, but that's perhaps unfair to some people who might want to attend
595 2020-07-30T19:50:34  <sdaftuar> ok, cool. +1 if we can get the timing to work out
596 2020-07-30T19:50:46  <sdaftuar> i have some p2p stuff i would love to discuss with others
597 2020-07-30T19:50:47  <MarcoFalke> Do it on Friday opposite bi-weekly of the wallet meeting ;)
598 2020-07-30T19:50:55  <instagibbs> we have us west, east, eastern europe, at least among contributors
599 2020-07-30T19:50:59  <instagibbs> for p2p
600 2020-07-30T19:51:15  <luke-jr> MarcoFalke: IIRC there's people who want to attend, whom this time does not work for
601 2020-07-30T19:51:57  <ajonas> Might want to check with AJ to see if he's interested
602 2020-07-30T19:52:05  <jnewbery> unfortunately it turns out the flatearthers were wrong and there isn't a time that's convenient for everyone
603 2020-07-30T19:52:27  <luke-jr> jnewbery: hmm, putting it that way.. can we modify the Earth to be flat? :P
604 2020-07-30T19:52:38  <sdaftuar> might be a consensus change
605 2020-07-30T19:52:39  <sipa> if the model doesn't fit the data, change the data
606 2020-07-30T19:52:59  <troygiorshev> likely people who this time won't work for aren't here right now to say it :)
607 2020-07-30T19:53:10  <luke-jr> troygiorshev: heh, true
608 2020-07-30T19:53:14  <sipa> troygiorshev: yes, that was my concern too with asking it here ;)
609 2020-07-30T19:53:27  <sipa> "Can everyone who is absent raise their hands?"
610 2020-07-30T19:53:43  <luke-jr> maybe ask at the opposite time review club meeting?
611 2020-07-30T19:53:50  <jeremyrubin> luke-jr: you should know that it's not a modification if you're changing it to how it already is
612 2020-07-30T19:53:59  <luke-jr> jeremyrubin: wut
613 2020-07-30T19:54:18  * jeremyrubin is a flat earther
614 2020-07-30T19:54:27  <luke-jr> …
615 2020-07-30T19:55:08  <sipa> i think this concludes the meeting?
616 2020-07-30T19:55:20  <wumpus> #endmeeting
617 2020-07-30T19:55:20  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Jul 30 19:55:20 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
618 2020-07-30T19:55:20  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-07-30-19.00.html
619 2020-07-30T19:55:20  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-07-30-19.00.txt
620 2020-07-30T19:55:20  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-07-30-19.00.log.html
621 2020-07-30T19:55:21  <jnewbery> action is still with me to figure out a time (/method for deciding a time). If anyone has suggestions or wants to help, feel free to message me
622 2020-07-30T19:55:40  <instagibbs> troygiorshev, im mentally going through a checklist of p2p constributors instead of asking here :P
623 2020-07-30T19:56:29  <jeremyrubin> just pick a time and move it forward by 30 minutes every time someone complains?
624 2020-07-30T19:56:30  <sipa> jnewbery: easy, whenever a block with a height that's a multiple of 2016 is mined
625 2020-07-30T19:57:18  <luke-jr> sipa: what is the drift on that?
626 2020-07-30T19:57:51  <instagibbs> yes we need more incentive to skew block times :|
627 2020-07-30T20:06:57  *** cryptapus has quit IRC
628 2020-07-30T20:07:01  *** alko89 has quit IRC
629 2020-07-30T20:07:12  *** alko89 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
630 2020-07-30T20:08:48  *** cryptapus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
631 2020-07-30T20:08:49  *** cryptapus has quit IRC
632 2020-07-30T20:08:49  *** cryptapus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
633 2020-07-30T20:40:46  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
634 2020-07-30T20:41:19  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
635 2020-07-30T20:45:23  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
636 2020-07-30T21:00:01  *** RavenSoft has quit IRC
637 2020-07-30T21:03:12  *** filchef has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
638 2020-07-30T21:04:38  *** filchef has quit IRC
639 2020-07-30T21:07:22  *** joerodgers has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
640 2020-07-30T21:14:50  *** notmandatory has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
641 2020-07-30T21:15:04  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
642 2020-07-30T21:17:05  *** lightlike has quit IRC
643 2020-07-30T21:19:34  *** b10c has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
644 2020-07-30T21:22:03  *** kaimi1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
645 2020-07-30T21:22:48  *** b10c has quit IRC
646 2020-07-30T21:35:16  *** Guyver2_ has quit IRC
647 2020-07-30T21:39:47  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
648 2020-07-30T21:46:41  <aj> MarcoFalke: p2p meetings at 5am on saturday? thanks, i'll pass...
649 2020-07-30T21:48:18  *** DeanWeen has quit IRC
650 2020-07-30T21:48:34  *** DeanWeen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
651 2020-07-30T21:55:56  *** kristapsk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
652 2020-07-30T22:00:08  *** marcoagner has quit IRC
653 2020-07-30T22:00:37  *** treyzania has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
654 2020-07-30T22:04:36  *** sdaftuar has quit IRC
655 2020-07-30T22:04:59  *** sdaftuar has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
656 2020-07-30T22:05:43  *** vasild has quit IRC
657 2020-07-30T22:09:23  *** rabidus has quit IRC
658 2020-07-30T22:09:39  <fanquake> heh
659 2020-07-30T22:10:28  *** rabidus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
660 2020-07-30T22:14:29  *** dviola has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
661 2020-07-30T22:15:55  *** vasild has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
662 2020-07-30T22:18:22  *** cryptapus has quit IRC
663 2020-07-30T22:18:48  *** cryptapus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
664 2020-07-30T22:18:48  *** cryptapus has quit IRC
665 2020-07-30T22:18:48  *** cryptapus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
666 2020-07-30T22:31:44  *** DeanWeen has quit IRC
667 2020-07-30T22:31:53  *** DeanWeen has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
668 2020-07-30T22:44:43  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
669 2020-07-30T22:45:17  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
670 2020-07-30T22:49:23  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
671 2020-07-30T22:50:40  *** mutatrum has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
672 2020-07-30T22:55:23  *** mutatrum has quit IRC
673 2020-07-30T22:58:43  *** vasild has quit IRC
674 2020-07-30T22:59:45  *** gzhao408 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
675 2020-07-30T23:00:49  *** hex17or has quit IRC
676 2020-07-30T23:01:26  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
677 2020-07-30T23:02:57  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
678 2020-07-30T23:04:15  *** me has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
679 2020-07-30T23:04:39  *** me is now known as Guest79459
680 2020-07-30T23:05:30  *** vasild has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
681 2020-07-30T23:09:25  *** Guest79459 has quit IRC
682 2020-07-30T23:11:20  *** bitdex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
683 2020-07-30T23:12:43  *** hex17or has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
684 2020-07-30T23:14:04  *** das has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
685 2020-07-30T23:16:16  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
686 2020-07-30T23:16:17  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Empact opened pull request #19631: test: Wait for 'cmpctblock' in p2p_compactblocks when it is expected (master...2020-07-receive_block_announcment) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19631
687 2020-07-30T23:16:18  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
688 2020-07-30T23:21:00  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
689 2020-07-30T23:22:17  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
690 2020-07-30T23:24:32  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
691 2020-07-30T23:25:21  *** bizmindx has quit IRC
692 2020-07-30T23:26:49  *** promag has quit IRC
693 2020-07-30T23:41:25  *** gankmove has quit IRC
694 2020-07-30T23:48:35  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
695 2020-07-30T23:55:24  *** TennisB has quit IRC