1 2020-08-06T00:00:02  *** jwheare1 has quit IRC
  2 2020-08-06T00:02:19  *** mrostecki has quit IRC
  3 2020-08-06T00:09:47  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
  4 2020-08-06T00:11:34  *** adaminsky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  5 2020-08-06T00:15:44  *** adaminsky has quit IRC
  6 2020-08-06T00:20:05  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
  7 2020-08-06T00:22:07  *** slewis has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  8 2020-08-06T00:28:26  *** mrostecki has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  9 2020-08-06T00:41:41  *** jarthur_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 10 2020-08-06T00:46:07  *** jarthur has quit IRC
 11 2020-08-06T00:57:05  *** gzhao408 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 12 2020-08-06T01:05:24  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
 13 2020-08-06T01:23:03  *** Dean_Guss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 14 2020-08-06T01:23:06  *** DeanWeen has quit IRC
 15 2020-08-06T01:23:24  *** slewis has quit IRC
 16 2020-08-06T01:24:58  *** Davterra has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 17 2020-08-06T01:27:03  *** Tralfaz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 18 2020-08-06T01:27:09  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
 19 2020-08-06T01:27:27  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 20 2020-08-06T01:29:25  *** jarthur_ has quit IRC
 21 2020-08-06T01:29:38  *** Davterra has quit IRC
 22 2020-08-06T01:30:49  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2020-08-06T01:31:40  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 24 2020-08-06T01:31:41  *** troygiorshev has quit IRC
 25 2020-08-06T01:32:45  *** troygiorshev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 26 2020-08-06T01:39:32  *** shesek has quit IRC
 27 2020-08-06T02:02:37  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 28 2020-08-06T02:02:47  *** watersnake1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 29 2020-08-06T02:11:37  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 30 2020-08-06T02:15:19  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 31 2020-08-06T02:15:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/e3272ff2907c...19f812c57b42
 32 2020-08-06T02:15:20  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa5288c MarcoFalke: contrib: Fixup valgrind suppressions file
 33 2020-08-06T02:15:20  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 19f812c fanquake: Merge #19669: contrib: Fixup valgrind suppressions file
 34 2020-08-06T02:15:21  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 35 2020-08-06T02:15:39  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 36 2020-08-06T02:15:39  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #19669: contrib: Fixup valgrind suppressions file (master...2008-valSupp) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19669
 37 2020-08-06T02:15:40  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 38 2020-08-06T02:16:22  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
 39 2020-08-06T02:26:35  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
 40 2020-08-06T02:28:31  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 41 2020-08-06T02:37:12  *** chipc has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 42 2020-08-06T02:37:25  *** dviola has quit IRC
 43 2020-08-06T02:42:10  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
 44 2020-08-06T02:42:46  *** dviola has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 45 2020-08-06T02:47:41  *** troygiorshev has quit IRC
 46 2020-08-06T02:48:33  *** dviola has quit IRC
 47 2020-08-06T02:48:37  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 48 2020-08-06T02:58:06  *** luke-jr has quit IRC
 49 2020-08-06T02:58:26  *** luke-jr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 50 2020-08-06T03:00:01  *** chipc has quit IRC
 51 2020-08-06T03:08:08  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
 52 2020-08-06T03:08:28  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 53 2020-08-06T03:15:49  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
 54 2020-08-06T03:21:26  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 55 2020-08-06T03:26:19  *** gzhao408 has quit IRC
 56 2020-08-06T03:31:23  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 57 2020-08-06T03:33:13  *** nanotube has quit IRC
 58 2020-08-06T03:45:49  *** nanotube has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 59 2020-08-06T03:46:15  <kallewoof> Should btcdeb be moved into the bitcoin github repo?
 60 2020-08-06T03:54:35  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
 61 2020-08-06T03:55:16  <luke-jr> kallewoof: we're trying to move things out, not in.. why? :p
 62 2020-08-06T03:56:23  *** Philantrop2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 63 2020-08-06T04:01:12  <kallewoof> luke-jr: oh, okay. i thought there was talk about moving btcdeb into the bitcoin org at one point. feels like that might encourage contributors and would make it easier to provide binaries too
 64 2020-08-06T04:02:36  <luke-jr> kallewoof: maybe it would make sense to move it to the bitcoin-core org as a new repo, but we're also trying to keep stuff off the bitcoin org now IIRC
 65 2020-08-06T04:03:01  <kallewoof> okay
 66 2020-08-06T04:15:05  *** watersnake1 has quit IRC
 67 2020-08-06T04:15:13  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
 68 2020-08-06T04:15:50  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 69 2020-08-06T04:20:05  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
 70 2020-08-06T04:20:50  *** jarthur has quit IRC
 71 2020-08-06T04:21:19  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 72 2020-08-06T04:33:14  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
 73 2020-08-06T04:33:34  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 74 2020-08-06T04:43:01  *** jules23 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 75 2020-08-06T04:47:31  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 76 2020-08-06T04:47:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Crypt-iQ opened pull request #19672: build: make clean removes .gcda and .gcno files from fuzz directory (master...fuzz_cov_cleanup_0806) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19672
 77 2020-08-06T04:47:32  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 78 2020-08-06T04:48:10  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
 79 2020-08-06T04:48:29  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 80 2020-08-06T04:52:45  *** jules23 has quit IRC
 81 2020-08-06T04:54:03  *** sdaftuar has quit IRC
 82 2020-08-06T04:56:16  *** sdaftuar has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 83 2020-08-06T04:57:07  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
 84 2020-08-06T04:57:29  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 85 2020-08-06T04:57:51  *** sipsorcery has quit IRC
 86 2020-08-06T05:24:14  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
 87 2020-08-06T05:24:39  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 88 2020-08-06T05:43:07  *** sipsorcery has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 89 2020-08-06T05:52:16  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 90 2020-08-06T05:52:44  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 91 2020-08-06T05:52:44  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 92 2020-08-06T05:59:13  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
 93 2020-08-06T05:59:33  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 94 2020-08-06T06:00:02  *** Philantrop2 has quit IRC
 95 2020-08-06T06:17:27  *** jonatack has quit IRC
 96 2020-08-06T06:18:17  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 97 2020-08-06T06:21:34  *** wgolden has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 98 2020-08-06T06:24:46  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
 99 2020-08-06T06:24:49  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
100 2020-08-06T06:25:11  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
101 2020-08-06T06:30:14  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
102 2020-08-06T06:32:05  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
103 2020-08-06T06:38:48  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
104 2020-08-06T06:39:10  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
105 2020-08-06T07:04:33  *** marcoagner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
106 2020-08-06T07:18:10  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
107 2020-08-06T07:19:06  *** Livestradamus has quit IRC
108 2020-08-06T07:19:26  *** Livestradamus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
109 2020-08-06T07:31:50  <jeremyrubin> Question Of The Day: empty scriptpubkeys are valid but not standard, correct? Is an empty p2sh script also valid? Can I satisfy it with OP_1 {}?
110 2020-08-06T07:32:58  <sipa> yes, yes (as far as i remember)
111 2020-08-06T07:33:16  <jeremyrubin> This is also true in segwit v0 and v1?
112 2020-08-06T07:34:40  <sipa> i believe so
113 2020-08-06T07:34:47  <jeremyrubin> TIL
114 2020-08-06T07:35:09  <sipa> did you know that a zero-of-zero checkmultisig is valid?
115 2020-08-06T07:35:57  <jeremyrubin> that I think I did know, and makes more sense?
116 2020-08-06T07:36:09  <jeremyrubin> what about a 0 of 2 multisig?
117 2020-08-06T07:40:50  *** davec has quit IRC
118 2020-08-06T07:40:54  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
119 2020-08-06T07:50:56  *** wgolden has quit IRC
120 2020-08-06T07:51:17  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
121 2020-08-06T08:02:41  *** Dantman has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
122 2020-08-06T08:04:22  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
123 2020-08-06T08:10:28  *** andreacab has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
124 2020-08-06T08:12:10  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
125 2020-08-06T08:15:05  *** andreacab has quit IRC
126 2020-08-06T08:15:59  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
127 2020-08-06T08:19:04  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
128 2020-08-06T08:28:58  *** BGL has quit IRC
129 2020-08-06T08:29:25  *** davec has quit IRC
130 2020-08-06T08:29:59  *** andreacab has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
131 2020-08-06T08:35:46  *** andreacab has quit IRC
132 2020-08-06T08:36:04  *** andreacab has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2020-08-06T08:39:13  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
134 2020-08-06T08:42:21  *** andreacab has quit IRC
135 2020-08-06T08:42:48  *** andreacab has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
136 2020-08-06T08:47:20  *** andreacab has quit IRC
137 2020-08-06T08:47:27  *** andreacab has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2020-08-06T08:47:29  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
139 2020-08-06T09:00:02  *** Dantman has quit IRC
140 2020-08-06T09:00:32  *** andreacab has quit IRC
141 2020-08-06T09:03:47  *** andreacab has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
142 2020-08-06T09:10:09  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
143 2020-08-06T09:10:24  *** andreacab has quit IRC
144 2020-08-06T09:10:55  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
145 2020-08-06T09:17:07  *** jeremyrubin has quit IRC
146 2020-08-06T09:19:05  *** AaronvanW has quit IRC
147 2020-08-06T09:20:21  *** jemarch1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
148 2020-08-06T09:24:23  *** jarthur has quit IRC
149 2020-08-06T09:26:11  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
150 2020-08-06T09:32:42  *** dr-orlovsky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
151 2020-08-06T09:43:58  *** dr-orlovsky has quit IRC
152 2020-08-06T09:44:19  *** BGL has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
153 2020-08-06T09:44:23  *** AaronvanW has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
154 2020-08-06T09:48:12  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
155 2020-08-06T09:49:01  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
156 2020-08-06T10:02:01  *** dr-orlovsky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
157 2020-08-06T10:03:23  *** Herminia38Simoni has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
158 2020-08-06T10:11:50  *** Tennis has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
159 2020-08-06T10:30:20  *** davec has quit IRC
160 2020-08-06T10:30:36  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
161 2020-08-06T10:42:58  *** Guyver2_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
162 2020-08-06T10:45:32  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
163 2020-08-06T10:45:39  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
164 2020-08-06T10:55:06  *** Pavlenex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
165 2020-08-06T10:59:03  *** vasild has quit IRC
166 2020-08-06T11:05:29  *** vasild has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
167 2020-08-06T11:16:27  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
168 2020-08-06T11:23:24  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
169 2020-08-06T11:27:27  *** dr_orlovsky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
170 2020-08-06T11:29:04  *** dr-orlovsky has quit IRC
171 2020-08-06T11:29:49  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
172 2020-08-06T11:29:50  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/19f812c57b42...82127d27c900
173 2020-08-06T11:29:50  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 70452a0 fanquake: build: set minimum required Boost to 1.58
174 2020-08-06T11:29:51  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 82127d2 fanquake: Merge #19667: build: set minimum required Boost to 1.58.0
175 2020-08-06T11:29:53  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
176 2020-08-06T11:30:04  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
177 2020-08-06T11:30:09  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
178 2020-08-06T11:30:09  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #19667: build: set minimum required Boost to 1.58.0 (master...boost_1_58_0) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19667
179 2020-08-06T11:30:10  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
180 2020-08-06T11:36:08  *** Herminia38Simoni has quit IRC
181 2020-08-06T11:37:49  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
182 2020-08-06T11:41:09  <wumpus> kallewoof: sgtm to move it to bitcoin-core org, but not to bitcoin (that's really only for legacy repos)
183 2020-08-06T11:50:09  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
184 2020-08-06T11:57:49  *** BGL has quit IRC
185 2020-08-06T11:58:31  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
186 2020-08-06T12:00:02  *** jemarch1 has quit IRC
187 2020-08-06T12:03:43  *** Victor_sueca has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
188 2020-08-06T12:04:09  *** Victorsueca has quit IRC
189 2020-08-06T12:08:37  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
190 2020-08-06T12:09:11  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
191 2020-08-06T12:14:26  *** belcher_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
192 2020-08-06T12:17:47  *** belcher has quit IRC
193 2020-08-06T12:20:39  *** atiti has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
194 2020-08-06T12:32:38  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
195 2020-08-06T12:33:37  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
196 2020-08-06T12:37:03  *** cato_ has quit IRC
197 2020-08-06T12:39:59  *** cato_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
198 2020-08-06T12:42:57  *** Guyver2_ has quit IRC
199 2020-08-06T12:44:03  *** troygiorshev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
200 2020-08-06T12:44:10  *** jarthur has quit IRC
201 2020-08-06T12:48:52  *** dviola has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
202 2020-08-06T12:51:33  *** jarthur has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
203 2020-08-06T12:58:14  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
204 2020-08-06T13:04:15  *** gzhao408 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
205 2020-08-06T13:05:10  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
206 2020-08-06T13:06:11  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
207 2020-08-06T13:06:36  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
208 2020-08-06T13:09:13  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
209 2020-08-06T13:09:37  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
210 2020-08-06T13:10:13  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
211 2020-08-06T13:10:32  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
212 2020-08-06T13:11:11  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
213 2020-08-06T13:11:37  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
214 2020-08-06T13:12:00  *** Tralfaz is now known as davterra
215 2020-08-06T13:12:13  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
216 2020-08-06T13:12:38  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
217 2020-08-06T13:13:12  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
218 2020-08-06T13:13:30  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
219 2020-08-06T13:14:11  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
220 2020-08-06T13:14:30  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
221 2020-08-06T13:19:07  *** gzhao408 has quit IRC
222 2020-08-06T13:20:10  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
223 2020-08-06T13:20:25  *** davec has quit IRC
224 2020-08-06T13:20:39  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
225 2020-08-06T13:28:37  *** gzhao408 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
226 2020-08-06T13:30:47  *** BGL has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
227 2020-08-06T13:32:18  *** dr_orlovsky has quit IRC
228 2020-08-06T13:33:43  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
229 2020-08-06T13:34:32  *** dr-orlovsky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
230 2020-08-06T13:42:12  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
231 2020-08-06T13:42:36  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
232 2020-08-06T13:44:23  *** bitdex has quit IRC
233 2020-08-06T14:05:38  *** MarcoFalke has quit IRC
234 2020-08-06T14:06:56  *** MarcoFalke has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
235 2020-08-06T14:14:50  *** fox2p_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
236 2020-08-06T14:15:46  *** fox2p has quit IRC
237 2020-08-06T14:17:47  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
238 2020-08-06T14:20:25  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
239 2020-08-06T14:28:48  *** dr-orlovsky has quit IRC
240 2020-08-06T14:29:05  *** vincenzopalazzo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
241 2020-08-06T14:32:03  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
242 2020-08-06T14:32:57  *** joerodgers has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
243 2020-08-06T14:33:12  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
244 2020-08-06T14:33:40  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
245 2020-08-06T14:35:07  *** dr-orlovsky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
246 2020-08-06T14:37:09  *** troygiorshev has quit IRC
247 2020-08-06T14:37:40  *** troygiorshev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
248 2020-08-06T14:39:15  *** sdaftuar has quit IRC
249 2020-08-06T14:39:39  *** sdaftuar has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
250 2020-08-06T14:44:04  *** Zenton has quit IRC
251 2020-08-06T14:44:24  *** Zenton has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
252 2020-08-06T14:48:48  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
253 2020-08-06T14:49:31  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
254 2020-08-06T14:50:08  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
255 2020-08-06T14:53:48  *** gzhao408 has quit IRC
256 2020-08-06T14:54:05  *** Pavlenex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
257 2020-08-06T14:55:09  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
258 2020-08-06T15:00:02  *** atiti has quit IRC
259 2020-08-06T15:04:20  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
260 2020-08-06T15:14:03  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has quit IRC
261 2020-08-06T15:19:41  *** Chris_Stewart_5 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
262 2020-08-06T15:20:11  *** afk11 has quit IRC
263 2020-08-06T15:21:17  *** joeykrim1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
264 2020-08-06T15:25:08  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
265 2020-08-06T15:26:15  *** mekster has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
266 2020-08-06T15:29:56  *** frogar has quit IRC
267 2020-08-06T15:33:43  *** Talkless has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
268 2020-08-06T15:36:15  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
269 2020-08-06T15:36:35  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
270 2020-08-06T15:38:45  *** frogar has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
271 2020-08-06T15:39:14  *** alko has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
272 2020-08-06T15:55:38  *** el_yapoo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
273 2020-08-06T15:56:05  *** el_yapooo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
274 2020-08-06T15:56:29  *** el_yapooo has quit IRC
275 2020-08-06T15:56:41  *** el_yapoo has quit IRC
276 2020-08-06T16:00:36  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
277 2020-08-06T16:00:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] troygiorshev opened pull request #19673: Move cs_vSend into SocketSendData and resolve RecordBytesSent lock inconsistency (master...2020-08-socketsenddata) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19673
278 2020-08-06T16:00:37  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
279 2020-08-06T16:06:41  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
280 2020-08-06T16:08:12  *** Pavlenex has quit IRC
281 2020-08-06T16:11:56  *** roconnor has quit IRC
282 2020-08-06T16:13:57  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
283 2020-08-06T16:18:50  *** tripleslash has quit IRC
284 2020-08-06T16:20:50  *** gzhao408 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
285 2020-08-06T16:21:43  *** joerodgers has quit IRC
286 2020-08-06T16:25:25  *** tripleslash has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
287 2020-08-06T16:28:10  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
288 2020-08-06T16:31:51  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
289 2020-08-06T16:43:38  *** Pavlenex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
290 2020-08-06T16:47:44  <sdaftuar> MarcoFalke: around? wondering if you have any advice on the CI failures in #19620
291 2020-08-06T16:47:46  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19620 | Add txids with non-standard inputs to reject filter by sdaftuar · Pull Request #19620 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
292 2020-08-06T16:48:29  <sdaftuar> aside from the CI failures, i think that PR is ready
293 2020-08-06T16:48:45  <sdaftuar> (ie i don't think the ci failures are my fault! :) )
294 2020-08-06T16:58:18  *** dr-orlovsky has quit IRC
295 2020-08-06T17:13:33  *** Pavlenex has quit IRC
296 2020-08-06T17:14:47  *** dr-orlovsky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
297 2020-08-06T17:15:27  *** gzhao408 has quit IRC
298 2020-08-06T17:16:02  *** gzhao408 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
299 2020-08-06T17:22:05  *** jb55 has quit IRC
300 2020-08-06T17:22:34  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
301 2020-08-06T17:25:10  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
302 2020-08-06T17:25:10  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #19674: refactor: test: use throwaway _ variable for unused loop counters (master...20200804-refactor-test-use-underscore-variable) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19674
303 2020-08-06T17:25:12  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
304 2020-08-06T17:27:17  *** dr-orlovsky has quit IRC
305 2020-08-06T17:33:52  *** fox2p_ has quit IRC
306 2020-08-06T17:58:42  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
307 2020-08-06T17:59:55  *** Asbestos_Vapor has quit IRC
308 2020-08-06T18:00:02  *** joeykrim1 has quit IRC
309 2020-08-06T18:02:27  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
310 2020-08-06T18:03:05  *** dr-orlovsky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
311 2020-08-06T18:07:38  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
312 2020-08-06T18:10:35  *** fox2p has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
313 2020-08-06T18:10:50  *** gzhao408 has quit IRC
314 2020-08-06T18:15:54  *** lightlike has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
315 2020-08-06T18:22:10  *** Suntop1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
316 2020-08-06T18:24:02  *** jb55 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
317 2020-08-06T18:24:14  *** gzhao408 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
318 2020-08-06T18:37:31  *** dr-orlovsky has quit IRC
319 2020-08-06T18:41:16  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
320 2020-08-06T18:41:42  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
321 2020-08-06T18:48:07  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
322 2020-08-06T18:48:32  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
323 2020-08-06T18:50:07  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
324 2020-08-06T18:50:35  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
325 2020-08-06T18:56:37  *** dr-orlovsky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
326 2020-08-06T18:58:07  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
327 2020-08-06T18:58:27  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
328 2020-08-06T19:01:03  <dongcarl> Did meeting time change?
329 2020-08-06T19:01:05  <wumpus> #startmeeting
330 2020-08-06T19:01:05  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Aug  6 19:01:05 2020 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
331 2020-08-06T19:01:05  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
332 2020-08-06T19:01:16  <wumpus> I don't think so!
333 2020-08-06T19:01:22  <kanzure> hi
334 2020-08-06T19:01:24  <hebasto> hi
335 2020-08-06T19:01:25  <sipsorcery> hi
336 2020-08-06T19:01:26  <pinheadmz> hi
337 2020-08-06T19:01:30  <meshcollider> hi
338 2020-08-06T19:01:32  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball kvaciral ariard digi_james
339 2020-08-06T19:01:33  <dongcarl> :)
340 2020-08-06T19:01:34  <wumpus> amiti fjahr jeremyrubin lightlike emilengler jonatack hebasto jb55 elichai2
341 2020-08-06T19:01:35  <achow101> hi
342 2020-08-06T19:01:43  <jb55> hi
343 2020-08-06T19:01:48  *** jeremyrubin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
344 2020-08-06T19:01:57  <sipa> dongcarl: the meeting timestamp increases by around 604800 seconds per meeting
345 2020-08-06T19:02:04  <wumpus> two pre-proposed meeting topics for today
346 2020-08-06T19:02:08  <ariard> hi
347 2020-08-06T19:02:09  <jeremyrubin> hi
348 2020-08-06T19:02:09  <wumpus> (marcofalke) add #19629 to high prio, discuss whether to remove the pulls that need rebase from high prio. (MarcoFalke, but won't be around)
349 2020-08-06T19:02:11  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19629 | Pass mempool pointer to chainstate constructor by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #19629 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
350 2020-08-06T19:02:25  <wumpus> (achow101) what to do about zapwallettxes
351 2020-08-06T19:02:35  <dongcarl> sipa: rings true!
352 2020-08-06T19:02:52  <wumpus> the first is mergeable with the normal high prio for review topic
353 2020-08-06T19:03:01  <ariard> dongcarl: don't trust NTP
354 2020-08-06T19:03:54  <wumpus> any other topics?
355 2020-08-06T19:04:00  <wumpus> sipa: yup, exactly
356 2020-08-06T19:04:39  <wumpus> meetings are scheulded 0.6048 megaseconds apart
357 2020-08-06T19:04:53  <wumpus> #topic High priority for review
358 2020-08-06T19:05:31  <wumpus> MarcoFalke's PR was already added
359 2020-08-06T19:05:36  <jnewbery> hi
360 2020-08-06T19:05:45  <wumpus> 10 blockers 1 bugfix 3 chasing concept ACK
361 2020-08-06T19:05:56  <wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8
362 2020-08-06T19:06:26  <wumpus> anything to add / remove, or that is ready for merge?
363 2020-08-06T19:06:56  <wumpus> Marco suggested removing PRs that have needed rebase for a while
364 2020-08-06T19:07:05  <sdaftuar> oh, hi
365 2020-08-06T19:07:41  <wumpus> I think this is mostly #18242
366 2020-08-06T19:07:43  <jnewbery> I count three that need rebase: #18242 #19055 #11082
367 2020-08-06T19:07:47  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18242 | Add BIP324 encrypted p2p transport de-/serializer (only used in tests) by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #18242 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
368 2020-08-06T19:07:47  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18242 | Add BIP324 encrypted p2p transport de-/serializer (only used in tests) by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #18242 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
369 2020-08-06T19:07:50  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19055 | Add MuHash3072 implementation by fjahr · Pull Request #19055 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
370 2020-08-06T19:07:51  <wumpus> jnewbery: oh!
371 2020-08-06T19:07:52  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11082 | Add new bitcoin_rw.conf file that is used for settings modified by this software itself by luke-jr · Pull Request #11082 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
372 2020-08-06T19:08:21  <jnewbery> (just going by the tags)
373 2020-08-06T19:08:36  <sdaftuar> #19620 is not high priority, but i would like it to be (though really it's ready for merge, i think)
374 2020-08-06T19:08:38  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19620 | Add txids with non-standard inputs to reject filter by sdaftuar · Pull Request #19620 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
375 2020-08-06T19:08:46  <sdaftuar> because once it's merged i'll be backporting
376 2020-08-06T19:08:56  <wumpus> sdaftuar: will add
377 2020-08-06T19:09:01  <sdaftuar> thank you!
378 2020-08-06T19:09:35  <jnewbery> wumpus: just merge it. It has 5 ACKs :)
379 2020-08-06T19:09:55  <wumpus> jnewbery: ok, after the meeting :)
380 2020-08-06T19:10:27  <hebasto> is #11082 compatible with merged #15935 ?
381 2020-08-06T19:10:28  <wumpus> jonasschnelli fjahr luke-jr anyone of you here?
382 2020-08-06T19:10:30  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11082 | Add new bitcoin_rw.conf file that is used for settings modified by this software itself by luke-jr · Pull Request #11082 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
383 2020-08-06T19:10:33  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15935 | Add /settings.json persistent settings storage by ryanofsky · Pull Request #15935 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
384 2020-08-06T19:10:49  <achow101> hebasto: yes, they are compatible
385 2020-08-06T19:11:14  <sipa> is there still a point?
386 2020-08-06T19:11:17  <wumpus> please rebase your PR this week
387 2020-08-06T19:12:04  <sipa> ah, i guess bitcoin_rw is for changing config options through UI etc, while settings.json is for other things like bans?
388 2020-08-06T19:12:24  <wumpus> I'm not exactly sure what is the difference either
389 2020-08-06T19:12:43  <wumpus> I guess one is for persisting the other is for changing it through RPC?
390 2020-08-06T19:12:53  <hebasto> I thought they were two alternatives
391 2020-08-06T19:12:53  <jnewbery> I think settings.json can be used for changing config options through GUI or RPC. The idea is to keep dynamic config in sync between bitcoind and bitcoin-qt
392 2020-08-06T19:12:58  <achow101> my understanding was that bitcoin_rw was to let users also change the options
393 2020-08-06T19:13:07  <achow101> and settings.json is only for bitcoind/bitcoin-qt
394 2020-08-06T19:13:35  <achow101> I always viewed it as bitcoin_rw.conf was to supersede bitcoin.conf
395 2020-08-06T19:13:36  <sipa> ah yes _rw would be accessible by bitcoin-cli etc as well
396 2020-08-06T19:13:44  <fjahr> wumpus: will do, just wanted to answer your question as well at the same time
397 2020-08-06T19:13:48  <wumpus> this doesn't add two separate settings mechanisms I hope?
398 2020-08-06T19:13:49  <jnewbery> achow101: I don't think it makes sense to have yet another config source. How many do we have now?
399 2020-08-06T19:14:00  <wumpus> jnewbery: hehe right
400 2020-08-06T19:14:08  <achow101> jnewbery: 3. bitcoin.conf, settings.json, and QSettings
401 2020-08-06T19:14:09  *** Talkless has quit IRC
402 2020-08-06T19:14:11  <wumpus> bitcoin-qt is a maze of different config sources already
403 2020-08-06T19:14:24  <achow101> settings.json and QSettings are supposed to be combined I think
404 2020-08-06T19:14:27  <achow101> but not yet
405 2020-08-06T19:14:28  <wumpus> it's really subtle in which order they need to be interpreted to not break any existing things
406 2020-08-06T19:14:29  <sipa> and command line
407 2020-08-06T19:14:41  <jnewbery> and command line, and overrides in the source
408 2020-08-06T19:15:02  <wumpus> right
409 2020-08-06T19:15:13  <sipa> well i think we need ryanofsky and luke-jr to discuss this properly
410 2020-08-06T19:15:14  *** el_yapoo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
411 2020-08-06T19:15:20  *** el_yapooo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
412 2020-08-06T19:15:22  <jnewbery> After settings.json, QSettings should only be used for QT GUI configuration (eg window size/location)
413 2020-08-06T19:15:28  * jeremyrubin maybe a setting to let you pick which settings you are using
414 2020-08-06T19:15:29  <wumpus> I understand the long-term goal is to drop qsettings for everything but the datadir path
415 2020-08-06T19:15:40  <wumpus> oh and that
416 2020-08-06T19:16:00  <wumpus> but that doesn't overlap with bitcoin.conf so isn't an issue :)
417 2020-08-06T19:16:06  <achow101> wumpus: I think datadir path would want to be in settings.json
418 2020-08-06T19:16:17  <wumpus> achow101: that creates a chicken egg problem !
419 2020-08-06T19:16:22  <sipa> we should go back to storing settings in wallet.dat
420 2020-08-06T19:16:33  * sipa hides
421 2020-08-06T19:16:41  <sdaftuar> sipa: i was going to add an environment variable for enabling such behavior
422 2020-08-06T19:16:55  <wumpus> e.g. on windows, QSettings is in the registry, on linux it's in the standard ~/.config path, it's the only root-of-settings really
423 2020-08-06T19:16:57  <achow101> wumpus: i suppose it does, but it unifies qt and bitcoind datadir paths
424 2020-08-06T19:17:26  <wumpus> I won't pretent to understand it anymore, sorry
425 2020-08-06T19:17:28  <achow101> well conf always overrides qt anyways
426 2020-08-06T19:17:32  <achow101> I think
427 2020-08-06T19:17:54  <sdaftuar> perhaps a good first contributor project would be to document this somewhere, eg on our wiki
428 2020-08-06T19:18:03  <wumpus> heh, yes
429 2020-08-06T19:18:13  <achow101> i'm not sure a first contributor would be able to figure out this mess
430 2020-08-06T19:18:25  <sdaftuar> achow101: fair point!
431 2020-08-06T19:18:25  <wumpus> I'm terrified by that code in bitcoin-qt
432 2020-08-06T19:18:34  <wumpus> took me a lot of work to get it exactly right so be careful
433 2020-08-06T19:18:52  <wumpus> we don't have any tests for it because that's hard for GUI stuff
434 2020-08-06T19:19:56  <wumpus> and yes, conf overrides qt except the initial datadir
435 2020-08-06T19:20:02  <sipa> another reason to aim to move things out of qsettings
436 2020-08-06T19:20:14  <sipa> as it unifies testing across bitcoind and bitcoin-qtr
437 2020-08-06T19:20:19  <wumpus> yes
438 2020-08-06T19:21:19  <wumpus> but on inital use of the GUI, it asks you to select a data directory, it needs to store this somewhere that is not in the data drectory
439 2020-08-06T19:21:32  <sipa> indeed
440 2020-08-06T19:21:43  <wumpus> I'm okay with this being somewhere else than QSettings but I'm not sure where :)
441 2020-08-06T19:22:34  <wumpus> #topic what to do about zapwallettxes (achow101)
442 2020-08-06T19:22:41  <sipa> zap it
443 2020-08-06T19:22:52  <jeremyrubin> PR #?
444 2020-08-06T19:22:53  <wumpus> #19671
445 2020-08-06T19:22:55  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19671 | wallet: Remove -zapwallettxes by achow101 · Pull Request #19671 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
446 2020-08-06T19:22:57  <achow101> I think it's obvious that the -zapwallettxes startup option needs to go
447 2020-08-06T19:22:59  *** filchef has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
448 2020-08-06T19:23:08  <wumpus> sipa: +1
449 2020-08-06T19:23:09  <achow101> but there's a question of where to put it
450 2020-08-06T19:23:18  <achow101> options are wallet tool, rpc, or ditch it entirely
451 2020-08-06T19:23:19  <sipa> wallet tool
452 2020-08-06T19:23:20  <sipa> ?
453 2020-08-06T19:23:23  <wumpus> also #19653
454 2020-08-06T19:23:25  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19653 | wallet: Replace -zapwallettxes with zapwallettxes RPC by achow101 · Pull Request #19653 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
455 2020-08-06T19:23:38  <achow101> Since we have abandontransaction, I think ditching it is the way to go
456 2020-08-06T19:23:53  *** filchef has quit IRC
457 2020-08-06T19:23:56  <wumpus> I think abandontransaction is superior *if* it can replace all uses
458 2020-08-06T19:24:00  <achow101> unless people used it for anything other than trying to RBF transactions
459 2020-08-06T19:24:01  <wumpus> as it's more granular
460 2020-08-06T19:24:13  <wumpus> if you don't need a sledgehammer you shouldn't use one
461 2020-08-06T19:24:40  <wumpus> with abandontransaction you can remove any conflicted or non-confirmed transaction?
462 2020-08-06T19:24:57  <wumpus> I don't think it's useful for transactions that are already in a block
463 2020-08-06T19:25:02  <achow101> wumpus: so long as they are not confirmed and not in the mempool, I believe so
464 2020-08-06T19:25:11  <wumpus> ok, right, makes sense
465 2020-08-06T19:25:11  <sipa> abandontransaction only works for things that aren't in the mempool
466 2020-08-06T19:25:14  <achow101> well they remain in history
467 2020-08-06T19:25:14  <jeremyrubin> Shouldn't we deprecate and then remove something like this?
468 2020-08-06T19:25:23  <wumpus> yes, well with zapwalettx you need to nuke the mempool too
469 2020-08-06T19:25:25  <jeremyrubin> Is there any reason to remove all at once?
470 2020-08-06T19:25:29  <achow101> but we also have removeprunedfunds which actually removes them from the wallet I think
471 2020-08-06T19:25:48  <wumpus> jeremyrubin: it's not a RPC
472 2020-08-06T19:26:06  <wumpus> yet
473 2020-08-06T19:26:44  <achow101> to go the full abandontransaction route, we might need to add an rpc to clear the mempool, or at least evict a particular transaction from it
474 2020-08-06T19:26:47  <wumpus> it's not an option someone would normally use except for recoery so there's no need to go through a deprecation cycle
475 2020-08-06T19:26:48  <achow101> but that might not be desirable
476 2020-08-06T19:27:05  <sipa> all of these things are recovery sledgehammers
477 2020-08-06T19:27:11  <sipa> some just smaller than others
478 2020-08-06T19:27:12  <sdaftuar> it strikes me as dangerous to encourage people to manually remove a tx from the mempool so that abandontransaction could be called on it
479 2020-08-06T19:27:22  <achow101> sdaftuar: me too
480 2020-08-06T19:27:25  <sipa> but anything that requires evicting things from the mempool shouldn't be needed on a regular basis
481 2020-08-06T19:27:28  <sipa> sdaftuar: exactly
482 2020-08-06T19:27:35  <wumpus> well if it's less dangerous to remove *all* transactions from the wallet?
483 2020-08-06T19:27:40  <jeremyrubin> wumpus: i just don't want to give anyone reason to not upgrade, but it's probably fine in this case
484 2020-08-06T19:27:43  <wumpus> that's what zapwallettx does
485 2020-08-06T19:28:12  <achow101> also, RBF is on by default anyways, so none of these things should matter today
486 2020-08-06T19:28:34  <wumpus> in any case my initial proposal was to move it to the wallet tool
487 2020-08-06T19:28:47  <wumpus> which is intended for maintenance and recovery like this
488 2020-08-06T19:28:50  <sdaftuar> wumpus: that sounds very reasonable
489 2020-08-06T19:28:56  <sipa> yeah, it may be that the only use for zapwallettx is for completely corrupted scenarios, where you should be using savagewallet instead...
490 2020-08-06T19:29:05  <wumpus> only if *no one* needs it, ever, we can just remove it
491 2020-08-06T19:29:10  <sdaftuar> l
492 2020-08-06T19:29:16  <achow101> wumpus: the main concern I have about that is zapwallettxes requires a rescan afterwards
493 2020-08-06T19:29:16  <sipa> sdaftuar: i know ;)
494 2020-08-06T19:29:28  <achow101> and the wallettol isn't going to do that
495 2020-08-06T19:29:38  <wumpus> do it on next start ?
496 2020-08-06T19:29:47  <wumpus> set the current block of the wallet to 0
497 2020-08-06T19:29:47  <sdaftuar> jeremyrubin: salvagewallet
498 2020-08-06T19:30:01  <jeremyrubin> fair.
499 2020-08-06T19:30:14  <jnewbery> achow101: can't the wallet tool reset the wallet's best block to force a rescan?
500 2020-08-06T19:30:26  <wumpus> right
501 2020-08-06T19:30:28  <achow101> sure
502 2020-08-06T19:30:29  <wumpus> it should
503 2020-08-06T19:30:40  <sipa> it doesn't already?
504 2020-08-06T19:30:40  <wumpus> as that information is unknown from there on
505 2020-08-06T19:30:45  <achow101> startup rescan is always unfun though
506 2020-08-06T19:30:55  <wumpus> zapwallettx rescan is not unfun?
507 2020-08-06T19:30:57  <sipa> yes, just making the rescan automatic doesn't mean it goes away
508 2020-08-06T19:31:00  <wumpus> it's the same IIRC
509 2020-08-06T19:31:42  <achow101> I seem to remember that -rescan on qt stuck you at the splashscreen until it finished
510 2020-08-06T19:31:42  <wumpus> I mean the current zapwallettx already forces a rescan at startup rght?
511 2020-08-06T19:31:56  <wumpus> so this would not make it worse
512 2020-08-06T19:32:01  <wumpus> it's for rare recovery operations
513 2020-08-06T19:32:03  <wumpus> not for fun
514 2020-08-06T19:32:17  <achow101> right
515 2020-08-06T19:32:52  <jeremyrubin> wumpus: maybe it should have had a less fun name
516 2020-08-06T19:32:53  <sipa> right
517 2020-08-06T19:32:55  <wumpus> it sounds too much fun
518 2020-08-06T19:32:59  <wumpus> jeremyrubin: exactly!
519 2020-08-06T19:33:07  <sipa> jeremyrubin: fun draw transaction?
520 2020-08-06T19:33:21  <sdaftuar> sipa: that confused me for so long
521 2020-08-06T19:33:23  * jeremyrubin pew pew tx go bye
522 2020-08-06T19:33:46  <sipa> also gcc -fun roll loops
523 2020-08-06T19:33:48  <achow101> i'm still not convinved that zapwallettxes is actually useful though
524 2020-08-06T19:34:01  <wumpus> abandontransaction is more fun in that regard, you could make an UI that allows zapping transactions one by one in a space invaders game :')
525 2020-08-06T19:34:23  <achow101> We have CWallet::ZapSelectTx :)
526 2020-08-06T19:34:29  <achow101> for removeprunedfunds
527 2020-08-06T19:34:30  <wumpus> achow101: me netiher, but how to we find out
528 2020-08-06T19:35:22  <jeremyrubin> Are there other topics?
529 2020-08-06T19:35:38  <wumpus> like the biggest risk for these kind of things is that it's documented on a wiki somewhere and people try it as a random sledgehammer to fix wallet issues
530 2020-08-06T19:35:41  <wumpus> no, I don't think so
531 2020-08-06T19:35:53  <jnewbery> I was going to propose a time for the p2p meeting
532 2020-08-06T19:36:02  <achow101> wumpus: either way whatever is documented won't work when we remove the startup option anyways
533 2020-08-06T19:36:10  <wumpus> #topic P2P meeting (jnewbery)
534 2020-08-06T19:36:18  <jnewbery> Thanks wumpus
535 2020-08-06T19:36:18  <wumpus> achow101: right!
536 2020-08-06T19:36:44  <jnewbery> I suggest 17:00 UTC on alternate Tuesdays, starting next week (Aug 11)
537 2020-08-06T19:37:12  <wumpus> sgtm
538 2020-08-06T19:37:30  <moneyball> yay p2p meeting
539 2020-08-06T19:37:36  <wumpus> so it's two hours earlier than this meeting
540 2020-08-06T19:37:52  <jnewbery> that's 2 hours before now (10am west coast, 1pm east coast, 6pm UK, 7pm most of europe)
541 2020-08-06T19:38:11  *** prk has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
542 2020-08-06T19:38:15  <hebasto> Good for Eastern Europe
543 2020-08-06T19:38:22  <sipa> 3 am for aj?
544 2020-08-06T19:38:29  <sdaftuar> :(
545 2020-08-06T19:38:31  <jnewbery> sorry aj :(
546 2020-08-06T19:38:42  <wumpus> this reminds me we need to document all the meetings on https://bitcoincore.org/en/meetings/ probably
547 2020-08-06T19:39:05  <harding> wumpus: I'll work on updating that page.
548 2020-08-06T19:39:12  <wumpus> harding: thank you!
549 2020-08-06T19:39:18  <jnewbery> that +- an hour or two is the only time that spans west coast US to eastern europe
550 2020-08-06T19:39:32  <sdaftuar> i would try to make that time, but if there's a better time that would get aj too i think it's worth trying to make it work for him
551 2020-08-06T19:39:50  <sipa> i'm ok with up to 2 hours earlier than what is suggested
552 2020-08-06T19:39:52  <aj> 5am that's not a saturday is vaguely plausible, 3am isn't
553 2020-08-06T19:39:57  <sdaftuar> aj!
554 2020-08-06T19:40:15  <sipa> aj: oh wow, a morning person
555 2020-08-06T19:40:18  <achow101> aj: 3am is just a late night
556 2020-08-06T19:40:33  <wumpus> I'm also fine with earlier (but that;s obvious for Europe)
557 2020-08-06T19:40:34  <jnewbery> 5am would be 19:00 UTC (same time as this meeting)
558 2020-08-06T19:41:10  <aj> achow101: it's sleeping all day the next day which gets old
559 2020-08-06T19:41:16  <jnewbery> that'd be 9pm central europe I think, and 10pm for eastern
560 2020-08-06T19:41:42  <sipa> hebasto: up to what time is acceptable to you?
561 2020-08-06T19:41:54  <hebasto> Any
562 2020-08-06T19:41:57  <sipa> as you seem to be on the other end of the spectrum
563 2020-08-06T19:42:04  *** gzhao408 has quit IRC
564 2020-08-06T19:42:17  <aj> 1am/1500UTC might be doable, not sure
565 2020-08-06T19:42:27  <hebasto> 19:00 utc is ok
566 2020-08-06T19:42:41  <jnewbery> aj: is 5am really ok for you?
567 2020-08-06T19:42:45  *** roconnor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
568 2020-08-06T19:43:17  <aj> jnewbery: as long as it's not on saturday (like the wallet meeting)
569 2020-08-06T19:43:17  <jnewbery> 1500 UTC is 8am for west coast, which might not suit some people (sipa?)
570 2020-08-06T19:43:51  <sipa> i can do 8 am
571 2020-08-06T19:44:19  <jnewbery> great. Thanks everyone for being flexible
572 2020-08-06T19:44:47  <jnewbery> so it sounds like there are two options: 1500 UTC or 1900 UTC
573 2020-08-06T19:45:11  <jnewbery> vote now
574 2020-08-06T19:45:22  <sipa> and they voted so hard that the country exploded
575 2020-08-06T19:45:22  <wumpus> both fine with me
576 2020-08-06T19:45:27  <sdaftuar> i'm indifferent
577 2020-08-06T19:45:39  <sipa> prefer 1900 UTC, but both are ok
578 2020-08-06T19:45:51  <dongcarl> *jeopardy thinking noises*
579 2020-08-06T19:46:02  <hebasto> If 1500 utc suits for aj then prefer it
580 2020-08-06T19:46:03  <jonatack> 1500 UTC :)
581 2020-08-06T19:46:13  <jonatack> got out of bed just to vote
582 2020-08-06T19:46:26  <wumpus> :D
583 2020-08-06T19:46:38  <sipa> it may be advantageous to pick a time that's intentionally different from this meeting
584 2020-08-06T19:46:52  <wumpus> sipa: yes
585 2020-08-06T19:47:05  *** dr-orlovsky has quit IRC
586 2020-08-06T19:47:12  <jnewbery> aj: ?
587 2020-08-06T19:47:29  <aj> 1500 utc tuesday ? fine by me
588 2020-08-06T19:48:03  <jnewbery> ok, let's set it for 1500 utc on Tuesday Aug 11
589 2020-08-06T19:48:05  *** dr-orlovsky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
590 2020-08-06T19:48:11  <instagibbs> is this every other week or?
591 2020-08-06T19:48:19  *** Mercury_Vapor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
592 2020-08-06T19:48:26  <wumpus> yes
593 2020-08-06T19:48:35  <jnewbery> if anyone isn't at this meeting and wants to complain, message me and we can reconsider
594 2020-08-06T19:48:38  <sipa> jnewbery: every week or every 2 week?
595 2020-08-06T19:48:49  <jnewbery> but for now, it's 1500 UTC every 2 weeks
596 2020-08-06T19:48:51  <jeremyrubin> sipa: maybe just complain one time
597 2020-08-06T19:48:52  <jnewbery> starting Aug 11
598 2020-08-06T19:48:58  <aj> 1h, rigt?
599 2020-08-06T19:49:08  <jnewbery> aj: maximum 1 hour
600 2020-08-06T19:49:56  <jnewbery> but less if there's nothing to talk about
601 2020-08-06T19:50:08  <instagibbs> aj is going to get his money's worth
602 2020-08-06T19:50:27  <jnewbery> thanks everyone!
603 2020-08-06T19:50:30  <aj> \o/
604 2020-08-06T19:50:32  <sipa> can we start the meeting at 1600 UTC and run it backwards?
605 2020-08-06T19:50:48  <wumpus> hehe
606 2020-08-06T19:50:50  <hebasto> how to get know topics in advance?
607 2020-08-06T19:51:04  <cfields> sipa: isn't that how it works below the equator?
608 2020-08-06T19:51:07  <sipa> ooh, google calendar supports UTC now
609 2020-08-06T19:51:10  <cfields> everything's backwards down there.
610 2020-08-06T19:51:12  <sipa> well, GMT
611 2020-08-06T19:51:20  <wumpus> sipa: no more Reykjavik?
612 2020-08-06T19:51:42  <sipa> oh no, it's just showing "Greenwich Mean Time (Iceland)"
613 2020-08-06T19:51:47  <sipa> well, it works
614 2020-08-06T19:52:03  <wumpus> yes, that works
615 2020-08-06T19:52:53  <wumpus> #endmeeting
616 2020-08-06T19:52:53  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Aug  6 19:52:53 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
617 2020-08-06T19:52:53  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-08-06-19.01.html
618 2020-08-06T19:52:53  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-08-06-19.01.txt
619 2020-08-06T19:52:53  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-08-06-19.01.log.html
620 2020-08-06T19:54:50  <jnewbery> I'll make a gist with meeting time and suggested topics and post a link here
621 2020-08-06T19:54:55  *** prk has left #bitcoin-core-dev
622 2020-08-06T19:57:21  <sdaftuar> jnewbery: would be great to talk about people's sense of how we should prioritize all the PRs that are open right now
623 2020-08-06T20:00:41  *** arowser_ has quit IRC
624 2020-08-06T20:01:17  *** syperf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
625 2020-08-06T20:01:21  *** arowser_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
626 2020-08-06T20:01:41  <jnewbery> sdaftuar: right. That's the first topic. Everyone gets to share what they're working on and what their prioirities are.
627 2020-08-06T20:04:08  <sdaftuar> my hope is that people with opinions will make a case for particular PRs/areas of the code getting broader focus!
628 2020-08-06T20:04:48  <sdaftuar> not sure i'll have any strong opinions, as i try to wrap my head around all the open PRs, but i'd be most interested in contributing to areas that several other people have agreed would be helpful for all of us to focus on
629 2020-08-06T20:05:09  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
630 2020-08-06T20:05:16  <sdaftuar> s/all/many/
631 2020-08-06T20:05:38  *** el_yapoo has quit IRC
632 2020-08-06T20:05:38  *** el_yapooo has quit IRC
633 2020-08-06T20:05:42  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
634 2020-08-06T20:05:46  <jnewbery> I have opinions!
635 2020-08-06T20:05:47  <wumpus> no idea if I'm getting this right but google calender with all meetings (this one, IRC, P2P and PR review): https://calendar.google.com/calendar?cid=MTFwcXZkZ3BkOTlubGliZjliYTg2MXZ1OHNAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ
636 2020-08-06T20:06:40  <sdaftuar> wumpus: looks good to me
637 2020-08-06T20:07:25  *** fox2p has quit IRC
638 2020-08-06T20:07:49  <jnewbery> wumpus: yes, that's correct
639 2020-08-06T20:07:58  <wumpus> awesome!
640 2020-08-06T20:08:59  *** fox2p has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
641 2020-08-06T20:09:45  *** proofofkeags has quit IRC
642 2020-08-06T20:10:17  *** owowo has quit IRC
643 2020-08-06T20:14:19  *** dr-orlovsky has quit IRC
644 2020-08-06T20:16:01  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
645 2020-08-06T20:17:03  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
646 2020-08-06T20:23:01  *** syperf has quit IRC
647 2020-08-06T20:23:51  *** syperf4584 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
648 2020-08-06T20:27:22  <jnewbery> gist here: https://gist.github.com/jnewbery/dfaf34706f93a0608bb24869f13abcbf . Please suggest topics or leave any other feedback. Looking forward to it!
649 2020-08-06T20:27:27  *** syperf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
650 2020-08-06T20:33:09  <wumpus> heh, either we need a #proposedmeetingtopi c for the different meetings or people need to specify what meeting it's for when they use it
651 2020-08-06T20:33:31  *** dr-orlovsky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
652 2020-08-06T20:34:17  *** proofofkeags has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
653 2020-08-06T20:39:14  *** davterra has quit IRC
654 2020-08-06T20:39:19  <achow101> for the wallet meeting, we use #proposedwalletmeetingtopic
655 2020-08-06T20:40:41  *** syperf has quit IRC
656 2020-08-06T20:40:57  <wumpus> hah
657 2020-08-06T20:41:18  *** syperf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
658 2020-08-06T20:42:12  <achow101> Oh, now I remember why I think zapwallettxes doesn't work with the wallet tool: the keep metadata option
659 2020-08-06T20:42:53  <achow101> in order for that to work, the rescan needs to happen while we temporarily store the now-removed txs
660 2020-08-06T20:43:03  *** syperf has quit IRC
661 2020-08-06T20:43:20  *** syperf4584 has quit IRC
662 2020-08-06T20:54:19  <wumpus> now that payment requests aren't a thing anymore, is transaction metadata much of a thing?
663 2020-08-06T20:54:35  <achow101> labels?
664 2020-08-06T20:54:42  <wumpus> there's label<->address mapping but that's not per transaction
665 2020-08-06T20:55:10  <wumpus> you could just keep all of them
666 2020-08-06T20:55:21  <achow101> CWalletTx's metadata is kind of opaque and hard to figure out
667 2020-08-06T20:56:01  <achow101> there is a "comment"
668 2020-08-06T20:56:19  <achow101> and some old metadata related to accounts
669 2020-08-06T20:57:56  *** dr-orlovsky has quit IRC
670 2020-08-06T20:58:40  <achow101> also time related stuff
671 2020-08-06T21:00:02  *** Suntop1 has quit IRC
672 2020-08-06T21:00:08  *** fox2p has quit IRC
673 2020-08-06T21:01:50  *** fox2p has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
674 2020-08-06T21:04:38  *** mrostecki has quit IRC
675 2020-08-06T21:05:33  *** syperf has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
676 2020-08-06T21:06:31  *** syperf has quit IRC
677 2020-08-06T21:06:47  *** mrostecki has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
678 2020-08-06T21:20:30  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
679 2020-08-06T21:20:30  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Warchant opened pull request #19675: Run clang-tidy -*,performance-* (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19675
680 2020-08-06T21:20:31  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
681 2020-08-06T21:22:11  *** luka has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
682 2020-08-06T21:22:36  *** luka is now known as Guest45455
683 2020-08-06T21:35:20  *** luke-jr has quit IRC
684 2020-08-06T21:36:23  *** dviola has quit IRC
685 2020-08-06T21:36:27  *** luke-jr has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
686 2020-08-06T21:44:31  *** dviola has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
687 2020-08-06T21:46:07  *** watersnake1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
688 2020-08-06T21:52:22  *** dr-orlovsky has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
689 2020-08-06T22:02:03  *** gzhao408 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
690 2020-08-06T22:04:44  *** vincenzopalazzo has quit IRC
691 2020-08-06T22:17:05  *** gzhao408 has quit IRC
692 2020-08-06T22:26:47  *** Highway61 has quit IRC
693 2020-08-06T22:41:01  *** marcoagner has quit IRC
694 2020-08-06T22:56:10  *** davterra has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
695 2020-08-06T22:58:43  *** vasild has quit IRC
696 2020-08-06T23:00:30  *** vasild has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
697 2020-08-06T23:04:57  *** Tennis has quit IRC
698 2020-08-06T23:09:04  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
699 2020-08-06T23:10:18  *** Highway61 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
700 2020-08-06T23:12:48  *** lightlike has quit IRC
701 2020-08-06T23:12:54  *** gzhao408 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
702 2020-08-06T23:27:44  *** gzhao408 has quit IRC
703 2020-08-06T23:33:31  *** bitdex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
704 2020-08-06T23:35:00  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
705 2020-08-06T23:35:01  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/82127d27c900...6d8543504d8c
706 2020-08-06T23:35:02  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7989901 Suhas Daftuar: Add txids with non-standard inputs to reject filter
707 2020-08-06T23:35:03  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9f88ded Gregory Sanders: test addition of unknown segwit spends to txid reject filter
708 2020-08-06T23:35:03  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6d85435 fanquake: Merge #19620: Add txids with non-standard inputs to reject filter
709 2020-08-06T23:35:05  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
710 2020-08-06T23:35:20  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
711 2020-08-06T23:35:20  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #19620: Add txids with non-standard inputs to reject filter (master...2020-07-reject-unknown-wit) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19620
712 2020-08-06T23:35:21  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
713 2020-08-06T23:42:03  *** mdunnio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
714 2020-08-06T23:44:20  *** promag_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
715 2020-08-06T23:46:35  *** troygiorshev has quit IRC
716 2020-08-06T23:47:21  *** mdunnio has quit IRC
717 2020-08-06T23:47:32  *** troygiorshev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
718 2020-08-06T23:58:42  *** Pavlenex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
719 2020-08-06T23:59:52  *** fox2p has quit IRC