1 2020-08-27T00:00:02  *** hardaker has quit IRC
  2 2020-08-27T00:00:18  <jeremyrubin> Has anyone been able to build bitcoin on recent amazon linux?
  3 2020-08-27T00:01:00  <jeremyrubin> i tried recently under clang and gcc and had no luck
  4 2020-08-27T00:09:09  *** Pavlenex has quit IRC
  5 2020-08-27T00:22:17  *** Phace has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  6 2020-08-27T00:40:52  *** dergoegge has quit IRC
  7 2020-08-27T00:50:15  *** sipsorcery has quit IRC
  8 2020-08-27T00:58:26  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
  9 2020-08-27T01:19:23  *** dkrm has quit IRC
 10 2020-08-27T01:40:13  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 11 2020-08-27T01:41:29  *** promag has quit IRC
 12 2020-08-27T01:46:31  *** shesek has quit IRC
 13 2020-08-27T01:47:43  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 14 2020-08-27T01:52:14  *** promag has quit IRC
 15 2020-08-27T01:54:09  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 16 2020-08-27T01:58:32  *** promag has quit IRC
 17 2020-08-27T02:21:54  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 18 2020-08-27T02:25:56  *** harrigan has quit IRC
 19 2020-08-27T02:26:48  *** harrigan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 20 2020-08-27T02:26:50  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 21 2020-08-27T02:26:56  *** davec has quit IRC
 22 2020-08-27T02:26:56  *** spinza has quit IRC
 23 2020-08-27T02:27:12  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 24 2020-08-27T02:31:24  *** spinza has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 25 2020-08-27T02:39:12  *** arowser has quit IRC
 26 2020-08-27T02:39:57  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 27 2020-08-27T03:00:02  *** Phace has quit IRC
 28 2020-08-27T03:16:25  *** troygiorshev has quit IRC
 29 2020-08-27T03:19:57  *** shesek has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 30 2020-08-27T03:20:46  *** harrigan has quit IRC
 31 2020-08-27T03:20:56  *** harrigan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 32 2020-08-27T03:21:35  *** mathepauker has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 33 2020-08-27T03:49:13  *** arowser has quit IRC
 34 2020-08-27T03:49:57  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 35 2020-08-27T04:09:44  <fanquake> jeremyrubin: I've never tried. Want to post the logs/issues somewhere?
 36 2020-08-27T04:15:27  *** go11111111111 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 37 2020-08-27T04:17:52  *** go121212 has quit IRC
 38 2020-08-27T04:42:22  *** bitdex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 39 2020-08-27T05:08:03  *** sr_gi has quit IRC
 40 2020-08-27T05:08:31  *** sr_gi has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 41 2020-08-27T05:17:17  *** davec has quit IRC
 42 2020-08-27T05:18:13  *** davec has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 43 2020-08-27T05:39:56  <jeremyrubin> hmm I destroyed the logs... maybe when i have an hour sometime
 44 2020-08-27T05:39:56  *** opsec_x12 has quit IRC
 45 2020-08-27T05:58:18  *** promag has quit IRC
 46 2020-08-27T06:00:01  *** mathepauker has quit IRC
 47 2020-08-27T06:21:55  *** jdsharp has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 48 2020-08-27T06:25:05  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 49 2020-08-27T06:25:06  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/30568d3f1e23...28f4e53e168f
 50 2020-08-27T06:25:06  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1343c86 Seleme Topuz: test: Update wait_until usage in tests not to use the one from utils
 51 2020-08-27T06:25:07  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d841301 Seleme Topuz: test: Add docstring to wait_until() in util.py to warn about its usage
 52 2020-08-27T06:25:08  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 28f4e53 MarcoFalke: Merge #19752: test: Update wait_until usage in tests not to use the one fr...
 53 2020-08-27T06:25:09  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 54 2020-08-27T06:25:25  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 55 2020-08-27T06:25:25  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #19752: test: Update wait_until usage in tests not to use the one from utils (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19752
 56 2020-08-27T06:25:34  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 57 2020-08-27T06:26:17  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 58 2020-08-27T06:30:26  *** promag has quit IRC
 59 2020-08-27T06:53:08  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 60 2020-08-27T06:53:08  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #19816: test: Rename wait until helper to wait_until_helper (master...2008-testWaithelper) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19816
 61 2020-08-27T06:53:10  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 62 2020-08-27T06:57:05  *** jdsharp has quit IRC
 63 2020-08-27T06:59:58  *** sipsorcery has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 64 2020-08-27T07:11:29  *** marcoagner has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 65 2020-08-27T07:16:26  *** jonatack has quit IRC
 66 2020-08-27T07:30:52  *** grawity1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 67 2020-08-27T07:32:02  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 68 2020-08-27T07:36:14  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 69 2020-08-27T07:40:35  *** promag has quit IRC
 70 2020-08-27T07:42:14  *** tripleslash has quit IRC
 71 2020-08-27T07:46:36  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 72 2020-08-27T07:46:38  *** tripleslash has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 73 2020-08-27T07:48:43  *** promag has quit IRC
 74 2020-08-27T07:49:15  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 75 2020-08-27T07:49:15  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 76 2020-08-27T07:53:18  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 77 2020-08-27T07:57:23  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 78 2020-08-27T08:02:56  *** Pavlenex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 79 2020-08-27T08:04:22  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 80 2020-08-27T08:04:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 12 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/28f4e53e168f...2562d5d23863
 81 2020-08-27T08:04:23  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f36140d fanquake: build: use patch rather than sed in bdb package
 82 2020-08-27T08:04:24  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 335bd7f fanquake: build: use patch rather than sed in Boost package
 83 2020-08-27T08:04:25  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 865cb23 fanquake: build: use patch rather than sed in fontconfig package
 84 2020-08-27T08:04:26  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 85 2020-08-27T08:04:42  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 86 2020-08-27T08:04:42  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #19761: build: improve sed robustness by not using sed (master...maximum_sed_robustness) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19761
 87 2020-08-27T08:04:43  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 88 2020-08-27T08:06:02  *** Talkless has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 89 2020-08-27T08:11:55  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 90 2020-08-27T08:11:55  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #19817: build: libtapi 1100.0.11 (master...libtapi_1100011) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19817
 91 2020-08-27T08:11:56  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 92 2020-08-27T08:19:01  *** Pavlenex has quit IRC
 93 2020-08-27T08:25:01  *** promag has quit IRC
 94 2020-08-27T08:29:37  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 95 2020-08-27T08:32:47  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
 96 2020-08-27T08:34:06  *** promag has quit IRC
 97 2020-08-27T08:34:32  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 98 2020-08-27T08:34:50  *** Guyver2_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 99 2020-08-27T08:37:38  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
100 2020-08-27T08:38:37  *** promag has quit IRC
101 2020-08-27T08:39:33  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
102 2020-08-27T08:43:18  *** jeremyrubin has quit IRC
103 2020-08-27T08:43:56  *** promag has quit IRC
104 2020-08-27T08:46:19  *** Emcy has quit IRC
105 2020-08-27T08:46:43  *** Emcy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
106 2020-08-27T09:00:01  *** grawity1 has quit IRC
107 2020-08-27T09:01:37  *** thunderbiscuit[m has quit IRC
108 2020-08-27T09:04:11  *** kexkey has quit IRC
109 2020-08-27T09:08:34  <wumpus> "improve sed robustness by not using sed" is still in the run for best commit message ever
110 2020-08-27T09:11:41  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
111 2020-08-27T09:11:41  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack opened pull request #19818: p2p: change `CInv::type` from `int` to `uint32_t`, fix UBSan warning (master...CInv-type-refactoring) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19818
112 2020-08-27T09:11:42  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
113 2020-08-27T09:19:57  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
114 2020-08-27T09:21:58  *** Zao_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
115 2020-08-27T09:32:11  *** kristapsk_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
116 2020-08-27T09:34:23  *** kristapsk has quit IRC
117 2020-08-27T09:43:19  *** Zao_ has quit IRC
118 2020-08-27T09:43:19  *** jonatack has quit IRC
119 2020-08-27T09:47:28  <_0x0ff> did testnet reset recently? none of the txs in mempool seem to be added into new blocks
120 2020-08-27T09:52:35  <_0x0ff> did testnet reset recently? none of the txs in mempool seem to be added into new blocks
121 2020-08-27T09:53:23  <_0x0ff> my apologies for a double message, wrong window
122 2020-08-27T09:56:38  *** elsimio has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
123 2020-08-27T10:00:37  *** promag has quit IRC
124 2020-08-27T10:01:06  *** andreacab has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
125 2020-08-27T10:01:24  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
126 2020-08-27T10:02:38  *** kristapsk___ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
127 2020-08-27T10:05:03  *** kristapsk_ has quit IRC
128 2020-08-27T10:10:09  *** promag has quit IRC
129 2020-08-27T10:10:52  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
130 2020-08-27T10:16:38  *** promag has quit IRC
131 2020-08-27T10:17:24  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
132 2020-08-27T10:18:18  *** Kariane14Kling has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2020-08-27T10:25:30  *** andreacab has quit IRC
134 2020-08-27T10:25:56  *** andreacab has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
135 2020-08-27T10:29:55  *** andreacab has quit IRC
136 2020-08-27T10:32:21  *** promag has quit IRC
137 2020-08-27T10:33:08  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2020-08-27T10:37:51  *** promag has quit IRC
139 2020-08-27T10:38:35  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
140 2020-08-27T10:41:56  *** jonatack has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
141 2020-08-27T10:43:06  *** promag has quit IRC
142 2020-08-27T10:43:19  *** kristapsk___ has quit IRC
143 2020-08-27T10:49:31  *** Tennis has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
144 2020-08-27T10:55:10  *** Kariane14Kling has quit IRC
145 2020-08-27T10:57:22  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
146 2020-08-27T10:59:03  *** vasild has quit IRC
147 2020-08-27T11:00:49  *** vasild has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
148 2020-08-27T11:02:30  *** promag has quit IRC
149 2020-08-27T11:05:50  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
150 2020-08-27T11:07:01  <_0x0ff> seems to be working now
151 2020-08-27T11:10:26  *** jp-tourist has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
152 2020-08-27T11:12:40  <wumpus> testnet can't just 'reset', it's unreliable though sometimes because of flaky miner behavior, this is one of the reasons for signet
153 2020-08-27T11:15:34  *** promag has quit IRC
154 2020-08-27T11:16:22  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
155 2020-08-27T11:18:10  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
156 2020-08-27T11:18:10  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] S3RK closed pull request #19774: wallet: deactivate descriptor (master...wallet_deactivate_descriptor) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19774
157 2020-08-27T11:18:11  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
158 2020-08-27T11:21:34  *** promag has quit IRC
159 2020-08-27T11:31:49  <_0x0ff> wumpus: noted, thanks for clarifying. I needed testnet unfortunatelly, but everything is OK now.
160 2020-08-27T11:46:10  *** EagleTM has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
161 2020-08-27T11:51:47  *** harrigan has quit IRC
162 2020-08-27T11:52:05  *** harrigan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
163 2020-08-27T11:53:05  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
164 2020-08-27T11:53:11  <vasild> sipa: any advices on which sha3-256 implementation to import in src/crypto/? (sha3-256 is needed to create torv3 addresses from the 32 byte address public key which we are going to be sending and storing)
165 2020-08-27T11:59:35  <vasild> https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0155.mediawiki#Appendix_B_Tor_v3_address_encoding -- I guess another option would be to send PUBKEY+CHECKSUM instead of just PUBKEY and never calculate the checksum, if adding sha3-256 would be undesirable
166 2020-08-27T12:00:00  <vasild> wumpus: ^
167 2020-08-27T12:00:02  *** elsimio has quit IRC
168 2020-08-27T12:01:50  <wumpus> vasild: I don't really mind adding it; I think the more compact representation is elegant
169 2020-08-27T12:02:00  <wumpus> vasild: I had just forgotten about it sorry
170 2020-08-27T12:06:45  <sipsorcery> vasild: a year or so ago, when doing some ethereum work, I ran into issues with different sha3 implementations.
171 2020-08-27T12:06:47  <vasild> yes, I agree
172 2020-08-27T12:07:24  <sipsorcery> I think most of the problem comes from keccak and sha3 being used interchangeably.
173 2020-08-27T12:07:41  <vasild> what issues?
174 2020-08-27T12:08:11  <sipsorcery> given sha3 is only going to be for tov3 addresses wouldn't the safest issue be to take the sha3 source from the tor code base?
175 2020-08-27T12:09:17  <vasild> ah, you mean if our sha3-256 produces different results than the tor's sha3-256?
176 2020-08-27T12:09:17  <sipsorcery> All I can recall about the issue is that calling "sha3" from two different code bases gave different hashes.
177 2020-08-27T12:09:54  <vasild> one of the libraries I am considering is cryptopp and it contains this comment:
178 2020-08-27T12:10:04  <sipsorcery> I think within the keccak family different parameters can be set for the hash function.
179 2020-08-27T12:10:05  <wumpus> that's curious, be careful to check against test vectors from the standard
180 2020-08-27T12:10:09  <vasild> The Crypto++ implementation conforms to the FIPS 202 version of SHA3 using F1600 with XOF d=0x06
181 2020-08-27T12:10:17  <vasild> Previous behavior (XOF d=0x01) is available in Keccak classes.
182 2020-08-27T12:10:28  <wumpus> and against tor itself of course
183 2020-08-27T12:10:54  <sipsorcery> Part of the issue seems to be that people started calling  keccak derived function sha3 before the nist standard came out
184 2020-08-27T12:11:21  <sipsorcery> but i'm no expert, I just recall it being a pain at the time.
185 2020-08-27T12:11:34  <wumpus> I suppose in our case as we will only use sha3 for tor, it's okay if it matches just what they happen to call sha3
186 2020-08-27T12:12:09  <vasild> I already checked that "openssl sha3-256" produces same hash as the one used in torv3
187 2020-08-27T12:12:24  <wumpus> I remember doing a similar experiment with Python
188 2020-08-27T12:12:29  <sipsorcery> yes, could always call it tor-sha3 or something if there was likely to be doubt.
189 2020-08-27T12:13:48  *** promag has quit IRC
190 2020-08-27T12:14:59  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
191 2020-08-27T12:16:53  *** bitdex has quit IRC
192 2020-08-27T12:20:19  *** someone235 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
193 2020-08-27T12:21:55  *** promag has quit IRC
194 2020-08-27T12:22:04  *** cprofitt1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
195 2020-08-27T12:24:21  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
196 2020-08-27T12:26:57  *** promag has quit IRC
197 2020-08-27T12:33:41  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
198 2020-08-27T12:39:39  *** Tennis has quit IRC
199 2020-08-27T12:46:44  *** _flow_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
200 2020-08-27T12:50:50  *** twistedline has quit IRC
201 2020-08-27T12:54:44  *** troygiorshev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
202 2020-08-27T13:02:14  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
203 2020-08-27T13:05:13  *** arowser has quit IRC
204 2020-08-27T13:05:54  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
205 2020-08-27T13:07:11  *** arowser has quit IRC
206 2020-08-27T13:07:53  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
207 2020-08-27T13:08:12  *** arowser has quit IRC
208 2020-08-27T13:08:53  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
209 2020-08-27T13:08:59  *** promag has quit IRC
210 2020-08-27T13:09:35  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
211 2020-08-27T13:10:15  *** arowser has quit IRC
212 2020-08-27T13:10:47  *** promag has quit IRC
213 2020-08-27T13:10:57  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
214 2020-08-27T13:11:04  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
215 2020-08-27T13:11:11  *** arowser has quit IRC
216 2020-08-27T13:11:53  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
217 2020-08-27T13:12:14  *** arowser has quit IRC
218 2020-08-27T13:12:56  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
219 2020-08-27T13:15:50  *** promag has quit IRC
220 2020-08-27T13:16:40  *** Guyver2_ has quit IRC
221 2020-08-27T13:18:00  *** Davterra has quit IRC
222 2020-08-27T13:27:23  *** sipsorcery has quit IRC
223 2020-08-27T13:30:47  *** gzhao408 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
224 2020-08-27T13:32:19  *** melande has quit IRC
225 2020-08-27T13:32:27  *** cprofitt1 has quit IRC
226 2020-08-27T13:33:31  *** melande has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
227 2020-08-27T13:34:02  *** sipsorcery has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
228 2020-08-27T13:37:48  *** Pavlenex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
229 2020-08-27T13:42:51  *** harrigan has quit IRC
230 2020-08-27T13:42:55  *** Pavlenex has quit IRC
231 2020-08-27T13:44:02  *** harrigan has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
232 2020-08-27T13:48:09  *** _flow_ has quit IRC
233 2020-08-27T13:48:20  *** _flow_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
234 2020-08-27T13:48:58  *** davterra has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
235 2020-08-27T13:51:37  *** Pavlenex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
236 2020-08-27T14:00:00  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
237 2020-08-27T14:00:00  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #19700: wallet: Replace -zapwallettxes with wallet tool command (master...zapwallettxes-wallettool) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19700
238 2020-08-27T14:00:01  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
239 2020-08-27T14:00:20  *** _flow_ has quit IRC
240 2020-08-27T14:00:43  *** _flow_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
241 2020-08-27T14:03:10  *** melande has quit IRC
242 2020-08-27T14:03:51  *** melande has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
243 2020-08-27T14:04:22  *** gnomus has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
244 2020-08-27T14:04:41  *** melande has quit IRC
245 2020-08-27T14:05:49  *** _flow_ has quit IRC
246 2020-08-27T14:05:51  *** melande has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
247 2020-08-27T14:05:58  *** _flow_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
248 2020-08-27T14:16:23  *** ghost43 has quit IRC
249 2020-08-27T14:19:55  *** ghost43 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
250 2020-08-27T14:21:10  *** Pavlenex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
251 2020-08-27T14:21:27  *** davterra has quit IRC
252 2020-08-27T14:21:47  *** Pavlenex has quit IRC
253 2020-08-27T14:22:27  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
254 2020-08-27T14:22:28  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/2562d5d23863...91af7ef831d3
255 2020-08-27T14:22:28  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a13cafc João Barbosa: wallet: GetWalletTx requires cs_wallet lock
256 2020-08-27T14:22:29  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d8441f3 João Barbosa: wallet: IsMine overloads require cs_wallet lock
257 2020-08-27T14:22:29  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b8405b8 João Barbosa: wallet: IsChange requires cs_wallet lock
258 2020-08-27T14:22:30  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
259 2020-08-27T14:23:02  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
260 2020-08-27T14:23:03  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #19289: wallet: GetWalletTx and IsMine require cs_wallet lock (master...2020-06-wallet-less-locks) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19289
261 2020-08-27T14:23:03  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
262 2020-08-27T14:28:21  *** davterra has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
263 2020-08-27T14:30:18  *** _flow_ has quit IRC
264 2020-08-27T14:32:26  *** Guyver2 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
265 2020-08-27T14:42:43  *** Pavlenex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
266 2020-08-27T14:44:53  <wumpus> in any case I would be really surprised if Tor would get SHA3 wrong/non-standard :)
267 2020-08-27T14:45:05  <wumpus> vasild: do you have a replacement for #19628 in high prio for review?
268 2020-08-27T14:45:09  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19628 | net: change CNetAddr::ip to have flexible size by vasild · Pull Request #19628 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
269 2020-08-27T14:48:21  *** arowser has quit IRC
270 2020-08-27T14:48:32  *** dergoegge has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
271 2020-08-27T14:49:05  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
272 2020-08-27T14:50:13  <MarcoFalke> #proposedmeetingtopic Status of 0.19 minor release https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues?q=label%3A%22Needs+backport+%280.19%29%22+is%3Aclosed
273 2020-08-27T14:50:34  <MarcoFalke> #proposedmeetingtopic Status of signet implementation in Bitcoin Core
274 2020-08-27T15:00:01  *** gnomus has quit IRC
275 2020-08-27T15:00:48  *** dkrm has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
276 2020-08-27T15:04:41  *** melande has quit IRC
277 2020-08-27T15:05:50  *** melande has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
278 2020-08-27T15:15:32  <elichai2> how does the `version`message work? how does it know my own IP address? (in the eyes of the receiving node)
279 2020-08-27T15:16:08  <MarcoFalke> elichai2: It should be all zeros or another constant
280 2020-08-27T15:16:36  <elichai2> ohh, and I thought `CService` has some magic I can't figure out lol
281 2020-08-27T15:17:44  <MarcoFalke> There certaily is magic, but #8740 changed what is sent
282 2020-08-27T15:17:46  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/8740 | net: No longer send local address in addrMe by laanwj · Pull Request #8740 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
283 2020-08-27T15:19:01  *** proofofk_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
284 2020-08-27T15:20:40  *** proofofk_ has quit IRC
285 2020-08-27T15:22:06  *** tomatopotato has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
286 2020-08-27T15:22:43  *** melande has quit IRC
287 2020-08-27T15:23:47  *** sr_gi has quit IRC
288 2020-08-27T15:23:52  *** melande has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
289 2020-08-27T15:28:45  *** relocate has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
290 2020-08-27T15:31:26  *** alko89_ has quit IRC
291 2020-08-27T15:36:03  <sipa> sipsorcery vasild wumpus: ethereum doesn't actually use sha3, but keccak with parameters that were proppsed for sha3 before it was finalized (and changed afterwards)
292 2020-08-27T15:36:42  *** alko89 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
293 2020-08-27T15:37:03  *** kexkey has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
294 2020-08-27T15:40:12  <sipsorcery> sipa: yes that's what I found out the hard way. it gets called sha3 in lots of places in the ethereum docs and code comments.
295 2020-08-27T15:43:43  <sipsorcery> *that should be the C++ geth code base and docs (I didn't look over ALL the ethereum code)
296 2020-08-27T15:45:45  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
297 2020-08-27T15:49:16  *** andreacab has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
298 2020-08-27T15:49:45  *** owowo has quit IRC
299 2020-08-27T15:50:32  <jonasschnelli> I finally fixed the macOS build on bitcoinbuilds.org, github integration is next (since it was running more or less without troubles for months, except the missing macOS sdk which is a config problem)
300 2020-08-27T15:54:09  *** gribble has quit IRC
301 2020-08-27T15:55:08  *** owowo has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
302 2020-08-27T15:55:40  <hebasto> jonasschnelli: many thanks!
303 2020-08-27T15:59:17  *** andreacab has quit IRC
304 2020-08-27T15:59:44  *** andreacab has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
305 2020-08-27T16:01:49  *** andreacab has quit IRC
306 2020-08-27T16:01:55  *** andreacab has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
307 2020-08-27T16:03:34  <elichai2> MarcoFalke: ha! thanks :)
308 2020-08-27T16:04:53  *** melande has quit IRC
309 2020-08-27T16:05:46  *** promag has quit IRC
310 2020-08-27T16:05:54  *** melande has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
311 2020-08-27T16:09:32  *** gribble has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
312 2020-08-27T16:13:56  *** melande has quit IRC
313 2020-08-27T16:15:04  <wumpus> jonasschnelli: thank you!
314 2020-08-27T16:19:48  *** andreacab has quit IRC
315 2020-08-27T16:21:16  *** Bullit has quit IRC
316 2020-08-27T16:21:34  *** Pavlenex has quit IRC
317 2020-08-27T16:21:54  *** melande has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
318 2020-08-27T16:23:23  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
319 2020-08-27T16:26:43  <jonatack> jonasschnelli: nice one!
320 2020-08-27T16:27:41  *** promag has quit IRC
321 2020-08-27T16:29:23  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
322 2020-08-27T16:30:03  *** cato__ has quit IRC
323 2020-08-27T16:35:31  *** sipsorcery has quit IRC
324 2020-08-27T16:37:22  *** cato_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
325 2020-08-27T16:40:43  *** Bullit has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
326 2020-08-27T16:41:46  *** Bullit has quit IRC
327 2020-08-27T16:42:11  *** Bullit has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
328 2020-08-27T16:45:10  <Bullit> Bitcoin QT keeps closing at startup, it crashed suddenly during a youtube, i restarted my computer now Bitcoin QT does not proceed further then blockindex
329 2020-08-27T16:46:23  *** sipsorcery has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
330 2020-08-27T16:47:47  *** Asbestos_Vapor has quit IRC
331 2020-08-27T16:48:03  <Bullit> nope Bitcoin QT still fails to load into full blockchain
332 2020-08-27T16:48:07  *** Mercury_Vapor has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
333 2020-08-27T16:54:16  <luke-jr> vasild: I don't understand why we need to do the SHA3 on our end. Shouldn't we be able to give Tor the private key, and it give us back an address?
334 2020-08-27T16:54:39  <wumpus> Bullit: what causes it to shut down? can you upload the last part of debug.log to some pastebin?
335 2020-08-27T16:56:11  <wumpus> luke-jr: please read back this discussion; the .onion urls contain a sha-3 hash as checksum, but in addrv2 only the 32 bytes of raw address data is sent (to save bandwidth), not this checksum, so it needs to be computed client side
336 2020-08-27T16:56:55  <sipa> right, this is not about computing our onion address, but to convert between the bip155 encoding and onion addresses
337 2020-08-27T16:57:22  <sipa> vasild: happy to help find a sha3 implementation, if needed
338 2020-08-27T16:57:34  <wumpus> indeed, it's not needed for determining our own address
339 2020-08-27T16:58:35  *** jeremyrubin has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
340 2020-08-27T16:58:53  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
341 2020-08-27T16:58:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] dongcarl opened pull request #19822: chain: Fix CChain comparison UB (master...2020-08-chain-comparison-UB) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19822
342 2020-08-27T16:58:54  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
343 2020-08-27T16:59:51  <Bullit> wumpus: I have uploaded the result of the log of a new crash to pastebin, this is the link>https://pastebin.com/embed_iframe/RWbeCz16
344 2020-08-27T17:05:54  *** melande has quit IRC
345 2020-08-27T17:06:53  *** melande has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
346 2020-08-27T17:07:08  *** arowser has quit IRC
347 2020-08-27T17:07:13  <luke-jr> wumpus: oh :x
348 2020-08-27T17:07:44  *** promag has quit IRC
349 2020-08-27T17:07:49  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
350 2020-08-27T17:09:34  <wumpus> Bullit: that's really the end of the log? no error message?
351 2020-08-27T17:09:42  *** melande has quit IRC
352 2020-08-27T17:12:54  *** melande has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
353 2020-08-27T17:13:48  <wumpus> Bullit: in any case, the only advice I can give is to reindex using -reindex-chainstate, it's pretty clear thechainstate is currupt due to the sudden crash
354 2020-08-27T17:17:06  *** troygiorshev has quit IRC
355 2020-08-27T17:26:23  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
356 2020-08-27T17:30:34  *** reallll has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
357 2020-08-27T17:33:58  *** belcher_ has quit IRC
358 2020-08-27T17:34:44  *** troygiorshev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
359 2020-08-27T17:43:50  *** relocate has quit IRC
360 2020-08-27T17:44:34  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
361 2020-08-27T17:47:52  <stevenroose> Is the coinbase maturity of regtest different than 100?
362 2020-08-27T17:49:25  *** promag has quit IRC
363 2020-08-27T17:50:48  <Bullit> wumpus: yes the log really ends in that 0% warning. just before the crash my mouse pointer indicates a loading, I register that loading as a normal interval
364 2020-08-27T17:50:58  <MarcoFalke> stevenroose: no it should be 100
365 2020-08-27T17:51:49  <MarcoFalke> COINBASE_MATURITY isn't even a chain param
366 2020-08-27T17:52:34  <stevenroose> k yeah couldn't find it but wasn't sure if I got the name right
367 2020-08-27T17:52:40  <stevenroose> MarcoFalke: thanks
368 2020-08-27T17:58:49  <jonatack> stevenroose: some explanation in test/functional/interface_bitcoin_cli.py:17: # COINBASE_MATURITY (100) blocks. Therefore, after mining 101 blocks we expect
369 2020-08-27T18:00:02  *** tomatopotato has quit IRC
370 2020-08-27T18:09:39  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
371 2020-08-27T18:10:05  *** troygiorshev has quit IRC
372 2020-08-27T18:14:34  *** promag has quit IRC
373 2020-08-27T18:17:39  <jonasschnelli> Bullit: no error on screen? What OS are you using? What version of Core?
374 2020-08-27T18:19:04  <Bullit> jonasschnelli: A small load on my mouse pointer, and sudden crash, no error log, I am using Windows 10 (15 years experience) I have bitcoin QT 0.20, in the log it says QT 5.9.8
375 2020-08-27T18:19:35  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
376 2020-08-27T18:19:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/91af7ef831d3...b987e657cda9
377 2020-08-27T18:19:36  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a99a3c0 pasta: rpc: Validate provided keys for query_options parameter in listunspent
378 2020-08-27T18:19:37  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b987e65 MarcoFalke: Merge #19169: rpc: Validate provided keys for query_options parameter in l...
379 2020-08-27T18:19:38  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
380 2020-08-27T18:19:59  <jonasschnelli> Bullit: have you ran older versions of Core before? Or freshly installed for the first time on your system?
381 2020-08-27T18:20:15  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
382 2020-08-27T18:20:16  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #19169: rpc: Validate provided keys for query_options parameter in listunspent (master...bitcoin-validate-keys-listunspent) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19169
383 2020-08-27T18:20:17  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
384 2020-08-27T18:20:33  <Bullit> I ran Bitcoin QT 0.18 on a Linux laptop, which failed early august during the heat, I then installed Bitcoin QT 0.20 on this Windows machine
385 2020-08-27T18:20:44  *** melande has quit IRC
386 2020-08-27T18:21:33  <jonasschnelli> Bullit: you can try to remove the data directory (where the local blocks, wallet, etc. is stored). Gives it kind of a fresh start. ONLY DO THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T USED THE WALLET
387 2020-08-27T18:21:36  <jonasschnelli> See: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Data_directory
388 2020-08-27T18:21:50  *** melande has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
389 2020-08-27T18:21:53  <jonasschnelli> just remove the complete folder
390 2020-08-27T18:22:32  *** tonsofpcs1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
391 2020-08-27T18:22:40  *** melande has quit IRC
392 2020-08-27T18:23:50  *** melande has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
393 2020-08-27T18:26:54  <Bullit> jonasschneli: the data directory is on my NAS, downloading and verifying of the blocks gave no problem, but in a Heavy Youtube about British Parliament bitcoin suddenly crashed
394 2020-08-27T18:28:26  *** justanotheruser has quit IRC
395 2020-08-27T18:30:59  <wumpus> it's well known that bitcoin is one of the heaviest things to run and and excellent CPU burn in test, any subpar hardware will fail on it, I'd suggest you get better hardware first
396 2020-08-27T18:31:14  <wumpus> otherwise you'll keep having this over and over again
397 2020-08-27T18:31:23  <MarcoFalke> Are NAS supported even?
398 2020-08-27T18:31:37  <MarcoFalke> I keep hearing corruption issues with remote disks
399 2020-08-27T18:32:21  <Bullit> wumpus: my graphix card is from a 2014 litecoin miner, why would the hardware not suffice?
400 2020-08-27T18:32:32  <wumpus> it's not a problem in itself depending on the file sytem, sometimes there's file locking problems, but otherwise it should work fine (as long as you don't have power loss or CPU overheats etc ofc but that's always)
401 2020-08-27T18:32:54  <wumpus> Bullit: not cooled well enough if it crashes with heat
402 2020-08-27T18:33:14  <Bullit> wumpus: watercooling with a i7 intell
403 2020-08-27T18:33:26  <wumpus> still it sounds like a hardware issue
404 2020-08-27T18:34:00  *** justanotheruser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
405 2020-08-27T18:34:21  <wumpus> in any case: try reindexing, it'll probably make the problem go away until the next time things overheat
406 2020-08-27T18:35:14  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
407 2020-08-27T18:35:14  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/b987e657cda9...15886b08aa5f
408 2020-08-27T18:35:14  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b6dcc6d Hennadii Stepanov: gui: Clarify block height label
409 2020-08-27T18:35:15  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 15886b0 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin-core/gui#40: Clarify block height label
410 2020-08-27T18:35:16  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
411 2020-08-27T18:35:50  <Bullit> wumpus: the Bitcoin QT crashes at startup, I do not see an opportunity to go into console without seeing my wallet first
412 2020-08-27T18:36:22  <vasild> wumpus: not yet next PR to review, it would have been the next commit in https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19031 but when I looked at it again I realized we can't to CNetAddr::ToString() of a TORv3 and this is where the sha3-256 came. I almost integrated some of the files from crypto++, they are in the public domain. I hope to be able to open a PR tomorrow.
413 2020-08-27T18:36:44  <vasild> s/can't to/can't do/
414 2020-08-27T18:37:15  <wumpus> Bullit: no need for that, you need to pass -reindex on the command line to the executable itself
415 2020-08-27T18:40:03  *** someone235 has quit IRC
416 2020-08-27T18:40:29  <Bullit> wumpus: I used a shortcut with -reindex, the Client opens and is reindexing, thanks for the advice
417 2020-08-27T18:50:53  *** troygiorshev has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
418 2020-08-27T18:55:34  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
419 2020-08-27T18:56:37  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
420 2020-08-27T18:56:38  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Z5483 opened pull request #19823: WIP: ci: check if scripted diff is using BSD sed syntax (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19823
421 2020-08-27T18:56:39  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
422 2020-08-27T19:01:33  <meshcollider> meeting?
423 2020-08-27T19:01:50  *** Pavlenex has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
424 2020-08-27T19:01:51  <MarcoFalke> meeting!
425 2020-08-27T19:02:14  <achow101> meetin'?
426 2020-08-27T19:02:19  <sipa> meeting¿
427 2020-08-27T19:02:39  *** Pavlenex has quit IRC
428 2020-08-27T19:03:12  <jonasschnelli> #startmeeting
429 2020-08-27T19:03:12  <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Aug 27 19:03:12 2020 UTC.  The chair is jonasschnelli. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
430 2020-08-27T19:03:12  <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
431 2020-08-27T19:03:14  <jonasschnelli> hi
432 2020-08-27T19:03:14  <MarcoFalke> lekker
433 2020-08-27T19:03:19  <hebasto> hi
434 2020-08-27T19:03:26  <jonatack> hallo
435 2020-08-27T19:03:28  <meshcollider> hi
436 2020-08-27T19:03:31  <sipa> hi
437 2020-08-27T19:03:32  <wumpus> hi
438 2020-08-27T19:03:33  <sipsorcery> hi
439 2020-08-27T19:03:34  <amiti> hi
440 2020-08-27T19:03:38  <MarcoFalke> hi
441 2020-08-27T19:03:44  <achow101> hai
442 2020-08-27T19:04:02  * MarcoFalke waiting for the mass-ping
443 2020-08-27T19:04:08  <jonasschnelli> Am I right that the only proposed topics are form MarcoFalke? (0.19 minor release / signet)?
444 2020-08-27T19:04:17  <wumpus> jonasschnelli: correct
445 2020-08-27T19:04:41  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball kvaciral ariard digi_james
446 2020-08-27T19:04:43  <wumpus> amiti fjahr jeremyrubin lightlike emilengler jonatack hebasto jb55 elichai2
447 2020-08-27T19:05:13  <jonasschnelli> #topic High priority for review
448 2020-08-27T19:05:24  <jonasschnelli> is there anything you want to add or remove or replace?
449 2020-08-27T19:05:37  <wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8
450 2020-08-27T19:05:42  <MarcoFalke> add #19717 :)
451 2020-08-27T19:05:44  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19717 | rpc: Assert that RPCArg names are equal to CRPCCommand ones (mining,zmq,rpcdump) by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #19717 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
452 2020-08-27T19:06:15  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: replace #19629?
453 2020-08-27T19:06:20  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19629 | refactor: Keep mempool interface in validation by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #19629 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
454 2020-08-27T19:06:23  <MarcoFalke> jup, removed the other
455 2020-08-27T19:07:12  <jonasschnelli> done
456 2020-08-27T19:07:30  <MarcoFalke> thx
457 2020-08-27T19:07:52  <jonasschnelli> currently 10 blockers, 3 chasing concept ACK (same as last week)
458 2020-08-27T19:08:42  <jonasschnelli> #topic Status of 0.19 minor release (MarcoFalke)
459 2020-08-27T19:08:56  *** Eagle[TM] has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
460 2020-08-27T19:09:23  <MarcoFalke> Well, we should probably wrap that up and ship?
461 2020-08-27T19:09:25  *** EagleTM has quit IRC
462 2020-08-27T19:09:27  <MarcoFalke> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/milestone/46
463 2020-08-27T19:09:51  <wumpus> sounds good to me, I had no idea that was ready?
464 2020-08-27T19:09:58  <MarcoFalke> though, there is still some tagged for backport: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues?q=label%3A%22Needs+backport+%280.19%29%22
465 2020-08-27T19:10:36  <jonasschnelli> #19681 looks ready for merge
466 2020-08-27T19:10:38  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19681 | 0.19: Add txids with non-standard inputs to reject filter by sdaftuar · Pull Request #19681 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
467 2020-08-27T19:11:24  <wumpus> agree
468 2020-08-27T19:12:03  <wumpus> so does #18284?
469 2020-08-27T19:12:04  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18284 | [0.19] scheduler: Workaround negative nsecs bug in boosts wait_until by luke-jr · Pull Request #18284 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
470 2020-08-27T19:12:42  <MarcoFalke> 18284 isn't a backport, though
471 2020-08-27T19:13:02  <jonasschnelli> if we want to have the http race also fixed in 0.19.2, we should mark #19033 0.19.2,... otherwise move 18856
472 2020-08-27T19:13:05  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19033 | http: Release work queue after event base finish by promag · Pull Request #19033 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
473 2020-08-27T19:13:07  <wumpus> it's labeled 0.19.2 and targetted for 0.19 thugh
474 2020-08-27T19:13:44  <MarcoFalke> The bug is not a regression in 0.19, so I am not sure if we *need* to fix it
475 2020-08-27T19:14:11  <MarcoFalke> and it doesn't happen on servers
476 2020-08-27T19:14:30  <wumpus> why didn't you never comment that on the PR?
477 2020-08-27T19:14:43  <wumpus> it has only ACKs now
478 2020-08-27T19:14:56  <wumpus> so it looks ready to go at least
479 2020-08-27T19:14:57  <MarcoFalke> ok, will leave a comment now
480 2020-08-27T19:15:40  <wumpus> it's fine with me to not do it at all, but if no one comments that in months that's not very clear to the author
481 2020-08-27T19:15:42  <jeremyrubin> it should only happen if you're mocking the time right?
482 2020-08-27T19:16:22  <jonasschnelli> #19033 is ready for merge IMO.. a backport to 0.19.2 should be easy to fix 18856
483 2020-08-27T19:16:24  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19033 | http: Release work queue after event base finish by promag · Pull Request #19033 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
484 2020-08-27T19:16:40  *** melande has quit IRC
485 2020-08-27T19:17:05  <MarcoFalke> jeremyrubin: No only if you hibernate/suspend
486 2020-08-27T19:17:35  <jamesob> Can I have #19806 added?
487 2020-08-27T19:17:36  <jeremyrubin> probably fine to fix then
488 2020-08-27T19:17:38  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19806 | validation: UTXO snapshot activation by jamesob · Pull Request #19806 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
489 2020-08-27T19:17:38  *** dviola has quit IRC
490 2020-08-27T19:17:47  <jeremyrubin> jamesob: added to 0.19 backport?
491 2020-08-27T19:17:50  *** melande has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
492 2020-08-27T19:17:55  <MarcoFalke> high prio
493 2020-08-27T19:17:57  <wumpus> the code change itself looked ok to me
494 2020-08-27T19:17:58  <jonasschnelli> jeremyrubin: sure. Adding...
495 2020-08-27T19:18:14  <jamesob> Oops, we're still on highprio right?
496 2020-08-27T19:18:21  <wumpus> it's always possible to argue it's not *worth* fixing, but I think it's kind of strange if there is already a patch
497 2020-08-27T19:18:45  <wumpus> if it can happen with hiberbate/suspend that seems like a legit issue?
498 2020-08-27T19:18:47  <jonasschnelli> jamesob: no. 0.19.2 (but it's fine)
499 2020-08-27T19:19:00  <MarcoFalke> wumpus: Jup, the code change looks fine obviously. Though, it is also boost. A previous version of the patch forgot to catch and re-throw boost::thread_interrupted
500 2020-08-27T19:19:55  <MarcoFalke> I'd rather have a known bug that is well understood than an newly introduced intermittent unknown bug
501 2020-08-27T19:19:57  <wumpus> is there any urgency to do another 0.19 release at all?
502 2020-08-27T19:20:12  <jeremyrubin> reject filtering?
503 2020-08-27T19:20:22  *** lightlike has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
504 2020-08-27T19:20:24  <MarcoFalke> wumpus: Not really. Not sure how urgent the reject filtering needs to go out
505 2020-08-27T19:20:25  <jeremyrubin> that was the main motivator iirc?
506 2020-08-27T19:20:42  <sipa> i don't think that's urgent
507 2020-08-27T19:22:29  <wumpus> not urgent enough to rush and skip other fixes at least
508 2020-08-27T19:22:30  <jonasschnelli> Anything to add to 0.19.2? (MarcoFalke)
509 2020-08-27T19:23:05  <MarcoFalke> Not really. Everything should be tagged already.
510 2020-08-27T19:23:37  <jonasschnelli> #topic Status of signet implementation in Bitcoin Core (MarcoFalke)
511 2020-08-27T19:23:41  *** melande has quit IRC
512 2020-08-27T19:24:18  <MarcoFalke> Pretty much a short topic. I only wanted to ask if anyone plans to ACK/NACK/review it.
513 2020-08-27T19:24:28  <jeremyrubin> i played around with the impl yesterday. It's pretty good but currently lacking the contrib tools
514 2020-08-27T19:24:31  <MarcoFalke> From my view it seems close to ready
515 2020-08-27T19:24:40  <jeremyrubin> It was hard for me to fully test it without the contrib tooling
516 2020-08-27T19:24:52  *** melande has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
517 2020-08-27T19:25:10  <MarcoFalke> jeremyrubin: I'd say Bitcoin Core is the wrong place to add contrib tools for the signet maintainers.
518 2020-08-27T19:25:21  <MarcoFalke> They can have their own repo
519 2020-08-27T19:25:28  <jeremyrubin> MarcoFalke: disagree -- we should be able to produce blocks for signet
520 2020-08-27T19:25:32  <wumpus> we have a maintainer tools repo just add it there
521 2020-08-27T19:25:42  <jeremyrubin> I don't care where the tools are
522 2020-08-27T19:25:51  <wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-maintainer-tools
523 2020-08-27T19:25:53  <jeremyrubin> But I care that I can't test a signet that I created
524 2020-08-27T19:26:01  <sipa> i'm not sure it's really a maintainer tool
525 2020-08-27T19:26:03  <MarcoFalke> I agree they should be public
526 2020-08-27T19:26:24  <jeremyrubin> I'm saying that it's a bit of a merge precondition. I would ACK if I could finish testing it
527 2020-08-27T19:26:33  <wumpus> it's pretty much free for all for anything maintainers need, no need to put signet tools anywhere else
528 2020-08-27T19:26:42  <sipa> the expectations may be unclear, but i hope that over time various private signets get spun up - it could even replace regtest over time
529 2020-08-27T19:26:52  <michaelfolkson> Can't test jeremyrubin? What can't you test exactly?
530 2020-08-27T19:27:10  <jeremyrubin> Well I made my own signet script and network
531 2020-08-27T19:27:10  <MarcoFalke> michaelfolkson: Mining blocks
532 2020-08-27T19:27:15  <jeremyrubin> And i cannot produce blocks
533 2020-08-27T19:27:25  <jeremyrubin> So I can't test peering it and seeing that it works
534 2020-08-27T19:27:32  <sipa> doesn't mean it needs to be in the repo right now, but i don't think it'd be unreasonable to have the scripts for working/spining up a signet in the main repo
535 2020-08-27T19:28:13  <jeremyrubin> https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Signet
536 2020-08-27T19:28:18  <sipa> at some point
537 2020-08-27T19:28:40  <wumpus> no big objection either, but I would say that there need to be tests for them if you'd put them in the main repo, there's already too many quasi-unmaintained tools
538 2020-08-27T19:28:54  <sipa> agree
539 2020-08-27T19:28:55  <michaelfolkson> Yeah I'm hazy about what should be in Core, what is covered by Core but I'm sure it will become clearer to me over time
540 2020-08-27T19:29:18  <jeremyrubin> Yeah the tools could be somewhere, I'm just commenting that I can't finish testing and ACK without having block producing scripts.
541 2020-08-27T19:29:18  <sipa> wumpus: yes, let's not merge things that are untested and then go broken without anyone noticing
542 2020-08-27T19:29:23  <wumpus> in any case that doesn't seem necessary for the PR that is open now
543 2020-08-27T19:29:38  <MarcoFalke> If they get added to the repo, I hope they are not written in bash at least *hides
544 2020-08-27T19:29:41  <jeremyrubin> wumpus: one cannot tested ACK the current code
545 2020-08-27T19:29:49  <sipa> jeremyrubin: i don't think that's a blocker for signet itself - the tools are available, right?
546 2020-08-27T19:29:53  <sipa> just not in the PR
547 2020-08-27T19:29:58  <jeremyrubin> I don't think so AFAIK
548 2020-08-27T19:30:04  <wumpus> wait, the tools are not  available *at all*?
549 2020-08-27T19:30:12  <wumpus> okay, that seems like a blocker
550 2020-08-27T19:30:21  <jeremyrubin> I think they are quasi available
551 2020-08-27T19:30:30  <wumpus> why not just ask kallewoof for them
552 2020-08-27T19:30:31  <jeremyrubin> In that they exist against a prior version of Signet
553 2020-08-27T19:30:32  <jonasschnelli> I guess kallewoof is asleep
554 2020-08-27T19:30:36  <jonatack> signet is certainly the PR i've spent the most time doing re-reviews of these past 6 months. it would be nice to begin reviewing follow-ups instead of the whole thing every time.
555 2020-08-27T19:30:42  <jeremyrubin> I think they're still finishing them
556 2020-08-27T19:31:04  <jeremyrubin> And it's fine if we want follow up work to add the full tools
557 2020-08-27T19:31:12  <michaelfolkson> Is it a blocker? There will be future Signet related PRs
558 2020-08-27T19:31:14  <jeremyrubin> but if people are wondering why I haven't ACKd it
559 2020-08-27T19:31:18  <wumpus> in any case, in including the tools in bitcoin core's repo (+tests) should imo not be a requirement for this PR
560 2020-08-27T19:31:27  <jeremyrubin> (which is more or less the current topic)
561 2020-08-27T19:31:29  <wumpus> but they need to be available somewhere
562 2020-08-27T19:31:29  <jeremyrubin> that's why
563 2020-08-27T19:31:36  <sipa> jeremyrubin: seems very reasonable
564 2020-08-27T19:31:42  <jeremyrubin> wumpus: +1, I'm happy with them being anywhere
565 2020-08-27T19:32:20  *** Dean_Guss has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
566 2020-08-27T19:32:28  <jonasschnelli> aren't the tools here: https://github.com/kallewoof/bitcoin/commit/50c839e1d91348408b40b3f8a53e0ef1a7f6da72
567 2020-08-27T19:32:58  <MarcoFalke> jonasschnelli: There was a previous version that signed the block, not transactions
568 2020-08-27T19:33:10  <MarcoFalke> I'd bet the current one would be easier to write from scratch
569 2020-08-27T19:33:14  <sipa> i think it would be good if the signet consensus PR included a trivial python based functional test... even if it's a super simple one with just OP_TRUE as script or so
570 2020-08-27T19:33:32  <wumpus> yes
571 2020-08-27T19:33:59  <sipa> i don't see any actual testing apart from a fuzz test?
572 2020-08-27T19:34:20  <MarcoFalke> sipa: I was planning to write some tests as a follow-up
573 2020-08-27T19:34:38  <michaelfolkson> There is this too for setting up your own Signet https://github.com/kallewoof/signet-platform
574 2020-08-27T19:34:47  <instagibbs> sipa, could have all tests run with --signet, and it handles it in background using generate* aliased? :)
575 2020-08-27T19:35:09  <instagibbs> s/all/some/
576 2020-08-27T19:35:11  <wumpus> re-running every test seems like overkill
577 2020-08-27T19:35:14  <wumpus> right
578 2020-08-27T19:35:15  <MarcoFalke> instagibbs: They'd run for years with that POW
579 2020-08-27T19:35:24  <sipa> yeah, i just want to make sure the signet code is exercised in tests
580 2020-08-27T19:35:30  <sipa> that does not seem to be the case in the current PR
581 2020-08-27T19:35:31  <instagibbs> MarcoFalke, sigregtest ... right
582 2020-08-27T19:35:59  <MarcoFalke> heh, regtest should already mimic mainnet in most params
583 2020-08-27T19:36:05  <jeremyrubin> michaelfolkson: those tools don't seem to be current
584 2020-08-27T19:36:32  <MarcoFalke> Jup, anything that was written before august is outdated
585 2020-08-27T19:36:37  <instagibbs> aj and kallewoof have the current block keys, for final might be worth having keys in EU/US for timezone arbitrage
586 2020-08-27T19:36:57  <michaelfolkson> Volunteering? :)
587 2020-08-27T19:37:15  <instagibbs> I'm moving their timezone, probably, so no
588 2020-08-27T19:37:15  <instagibbs> lol
589 2020-08-27T19:37:32  <instagibbs> voluntelling achow to run a node
590 2020-08-27T19:37:37  <MarcoFalke> ack
591 2020-08-27T19:37:59  <jeremyrubin> instagibbs: nack
592 2020-08-27T19:38:14  <jeremyrubin> I think we shouldn't try to offer signet as any sort of "use the main one thing"
593 2020-08-27T19:38:22  <jeremyrubin> let a thousand ships sail ;)
594 2020-08-27T19:38:45  <michaelfolkson> Disagree. But I will post on the mailing list and you can disagree with me there
595 2020-08-27T19:38:51  <jeremyrubin> ok
596 2020-08-27T19:39:52  <achow101> instagibbs: what am I being voluntold to do?
597 2020-08-27T19:40:11  <jeremyrubin> also note that for signet there's not ~that much value in the current multisig setup
598 2020-08-27T19:40:15  <jeremyrubin> it's 1 of N
599 2020-08-27T19:40:18  <michaelfolkson> Third signer on Signet blocks being mined. Congrats achow101
600 2020-08-27T19:40:24  <jeremyrubin> there's no M of N cordination
601 2020-08-27T19:40:37  <jeremyrubin> so you can literally do a 1 of 1 and send anyone the key
602 2020-08-27T19:40:44  <instagibbs> jeremyrubin, right it's less crucial but "hey bump your server"
603 2020-08-27T19:41:03  <instagibbs> well, then it becomes 1 of 1 over time, anyways, not a huge deal
604 2020-08-27T19:41:39  <achow101> chaincode should run a signet node then
605 2020-08-27T19:41:45  <MarcoFalke> I'd presume it is 1 of 2 to protect against power outages
606 2020-08-27T19:41:48  <jeremyrubin> it's current 1 of 2, which has no security improvement over 1 of 1 where two people know the 1
607 2020-08-27T19:41:49  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
608 2020-08-27T19:41:59  <instagibbs> it's not security
609 2020-08-27T19:42:00  <instagibbs> it's outages
610 2020-08-27T19:42:03  <instagibbs> hence timezone comment
611 2020-08-27T19:42:06  <instagibbs> not nation :)
612 2020-08-27T19:42:07  <jeremyrubin> it has no outages improvement
613 2020-08-27T19:42:49  <sipa> i think you guys are talking past each other
614 2020-08-27T19:42:50  <jeremyrubin> unless I'm missing something where you want to know which node created the block
615 2020-08-27T19:42:58  <michaelfolkson> It does. If one signer is down blocks can still be mined using sigs from the other signer
616 2020-08-27T19:43:05  <sipa> yeah, i think the only difference is accountability
617 2020-08-27T19:43:07  <instagibbs> "why not" but also "I've stopped caring" :)
618 2020-08-27T19:43:08  <sipa> not sure that matters
619 2020-08-27T19:43:20  <instagibbs> so I'll concede i appear to care less and relent
620 2020-08-27T19:43:33  <jeremyrubin> Yeah I'm not sure how to make my point more clear but I'll cede the balance of my time (too much CSPAN)
621 2020-08-27T19:43:59  <instagibbs> you could softfork out on of the keys(haha)
622 2020-08-27T19:44:22  <instagibbs> (100% not serious)
623 2020-08-27T19:44:27  * jeremyrubin groans
624 2020-08-27T19:44:49  *** pinheadmz has quit IRC
625 2020-08-27T19:45:17  <MarcoFalke> 1 of 2 also gives debugability. (You'll see which miner didn't produce blocks)
626 2020-08-27T19:45:34  <jeremyrubin> you already get that with coinbase message if you want
627 2020-08-27T19:45:38  <sipa> MarcoFalke: yeah, that's commonly called accountability
628 2020-08-27T19:46:32  <jeremyrubin> there's maybe an edge on debuggable v.s. provably accountable if the miner-id is a unverified message
629 2020-08-27T19:47:27  <sipa> i think this is getting off topic
630 2020-08-27T19:47:32  <jonasschnelli> any other last minute topics?
631 2020-08-27T19:47:41  <jonatack> so, signet is near-mergeable, just needs a sanity check functional test?
632 2020-08-27T19:47:45  <jonatack> jonasschnelli: About 0.19.2 backports -- not a bugfix per se but perhaps #19455. It accompanies the cli -generate addition, which was in 0.19.
633 2020-08-27T19:47:48  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19455 | rpc generate: print useful help and error message by jonatack · Pull Request #19455 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
634 2020-08-27T19:48:10  <luke-jr> re 18284 I don't get why we would intentionally *not* merge a bugfix
635 2020-08-27T19:48:30  <MarcoFalke> luke-jr: Because of the risk that it introduces new bugs
636 2020-08-27T19:48:32  <jonasschnelli> jonatack: 19455 is not really a bugfix?
637 2020-08-27T19:48:32  <luke-jr> it's one thing if people don't give it reviews needed, but once it has review, it doesn't make sense to leave it out
638 2020-08-27T19:48:46  <jeremyrubin> jonatack: I think one should be able to stand up a net and generate blocks, which might be a subset of that functional test. That's my watermark for tested ACK
639 2020-08-27T19:48:51  <wumpus> I don't think it's particularly risky
640 2020-08-27T19:49:08  <jonatack> jonasschnelli: it explains to people that run the former RPC generate that it is now CLI -generate instead
641 2020-08-27T19:49:16  <wumpus> then again I ACKed it
642 2020-08-27T19:50:02  <jonasschnelli> jonatack: I'd say no need to backport this... but no strong opinion.
643 2020-08-27T19:50:21  <jonatack> because several tutorials online still mention rpc generate and it might be confusing for them. Yep, no worry, just mentioning.
644 2020-08-27T19:50:41  <MarcoFalke> Yeah, I see it has two ACKs
645 2020-08-27T19:51:12  <jonasschnelli> jonatack: Yes. That is a good point.
646 2020-08-27T19:51:36  <wumpus> jonatack: I doubt meany people following tutorials will use a new 0.19.x
647 2020-08-27T19:51:56  <jonasschnelli> yeah,.. that
648 2020-08-27T19:51:58  <wumpus> not opposed to backporting it, but, these kind of backport releases tend to be used for old software on servers
649 2020-08-27T19:52:14  <sipa> if used at all
650 2020-08-27T19:52:33  <luke-jr> well, some end users intentionally hold back on major updates too; but still unlikely they'd be using the old version for something like this
651 2020-08-27T19:52:42  <sipa> right
652 2020-08-27T19:52:58  <wumpus> they're definitely downloaded looking at torrent seed server stats etc
653 2020-08-27T19:53:06  <sipa> wumpus: good to know
654 2020-08-27T19:55:02  <jonasschnelli> #endmeeting
655 2020-08-27T19:55:02  <lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Aug 27 19:55:02 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
656 2020-08-27T19:55:02  <lightningbot> Minutes:        http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-08-27-19.03.html
657 2020-08-27T19:55:02  <lightningbot> Minutes (text): http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-08-27-19.03.txt
658 2020-08-27T19:55:02  <lightningbot> Log:            http://www.erisian.com.au/meetbot/bitcoin-core-dev/2020/bitcoin-core-dev.2020-08-27-19.03.log.html
659 2020-08-27T19:55:21  <jonasschnelli> \o
660 2020-08-27T19:55:32  <jonatack> o/
661 2020-08-27T19:55:59  <sipa> /o\
662 2020-08-27T19:56:49  <jonasschnelli> \Ɵ (masks in public space, folks!)
663 2020-08-27T19:58:19  * sipa hands jonasschnelli a really big /128 mask
664 2020-08-27T19:58:38  <jonasschnelli> heh
665 2020-08-27T19:58:45  *** Guyver2_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
666 2020-08-27T19:59:22  <wumpus> hehe
667 2020-08-27T19:59:24  <midnight> o7
668 2020-08-27T20:00:40  *** arowser has quit IRC
669 2020-08-27T20:00:57  *** arowser has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
670 2020-08-27T20:01:36  *** Guyver2 has quit IRC
671 2020-08-27T20:01:50  *** melande has quit IRC
672 2020-08-27T20:03:00  *** melande has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
673 2020-08-27T20:05:32  *** lightlike has quit IRC
674 2020-08-27T20:10:03  *** sdaftuar has quit IRC
675 2020-08-27T20:12:33  *** sdaftuar has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
676 2020-08-27T20:13:51  *** promag has quit IRC
677 2020-08-27T20:14:10  <sipa> achow101: 415afcccd3e5583defdb76e3a280f48e98983301 seems pointless
678 2020-08-27T20:14:16  <sipa> +    if (m_storage.CanSupportFeature(FEATURE_HD_SPLIT) && CHDChain::VERSION_HD_CHAIN_SPLIT) {
679 2020-08-27T20:14:24  <achow101> sipa: indeed
680 2020-08-27T20:14:50  *** Guyver2__ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
681 2020-08-27T20:14:57  <sipa> i'm not sure what it's supposed to do
682 2020-08-27T20:15:02  <achow101> upgradewallet is slightly broken. see #18836
683 2020-08-27T20:15:05  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18836 | wallet: upgradewallet fixes and additional tests by achow101 · Pull Request #18836 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
684 2020-08-27T20:15:58  <sipa> ok
685 2020-08-27T20:16:00  <achow101> the original goal of that line was to have `m_hd_chain.nVersion <= CHDCHain::VERSION_HD_CHAIN_SPLIT` but I think that doesn't always work as well
686 2020-08-27T20:16:23  <achow101> s/<=/<
687 2020-08-27T20:17:28  *** Guyver2_ has quit IRC
688 2020-08-27T20:21:12  *** melande has quit IRC
689 2020-08-27T20:23:50  *** melande has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
690 2020-08-27T20:28:03  *** Guyver2_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
691 2020-08-27T20:30:49  *** Guyver2__ has quit IRC
692 2020-08-27T20:43:14  *** balbirs has quit IRC
693 2020-08-27T20:43:25  *** balbirs has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
694 2020-08-27T20:45:34  *** vincenzopalazzo has quit IRC
695 2020-08-27T20:47:36  *** Era76Macejkovic has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
696 2020-08-27T20:53:26  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
697 2020-08-27T20:57:56  *** promag has quit IRC
698 2020-08-27T21:00:01  *** tonsofpcs1 has quit IRC
699 2020-08-27T21:06:15  *** Talkless has quit IRC
700 2020-08-27T21:10:28  *** pinheadmz has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
701 2020-08-27T21:11:37  *** Era76Macejkovic has quit IRC
702 2020-08-27T21:12:46  *** yanmaani has quit IRC
703 2020-08-27T21:13:20  *** yanmaani has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
704 2020-08-27T21:18:41  *** Guyver2_ has quit IRC
705 2020-08-27T21:20:40  *** melande has quit IRC
706 2020-08-27T21:21:28  *** Perlboy has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
707 2020-08-27T21:21:51  *** melande has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
708 2020-08-27T21:23:18  *** dkrm has quit IRC
709 2020-08-27T21:26:48  *** melande has quit IRC
710 2020-08-27T21:31:17  *** melande has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
711 2020-08-27T21:34:50  *** reallll is now known as belcher
712 2020-08-27T21:47:25  *** Eagle[TM] has quit IRC
713 2020-08-27T22:12:45  *** sipsorcery has quit IRC
714 2020-08-27T22:19:44  *** melande has quit IRC
715 2020-08-27T22:23:00  *** melande has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
716 2020-08-27T22:33:00  *** sipa has quit IRC
717 2020-08-27T22:36:19  *** promag has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
718 2020-08-27T22:51:26  *** marcoagner has quit IRC
719 2020-08-27T22:55:49  *** vasild_ has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
720 2020-08-27T22:57:13  *** troygiorshev has quit IRC
721 2020-08-27T22:59:03  *** vasild has quit IRC
722 2020-08-27T22:59:04  *** vasild_ is now known as vasild
723 2020-08-27T23:05:51  <yanmaani> How do I build bitcoin using depends/ bdb4.8 but system qt / boost / whatever?
724 2020-08-27T23:11:51  *** sipsorcery has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
725 2020-08-27T23:16:20  *** opsec_x12 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
726 2020-08-27T23:16:40  *** melande has quit IRC
727 2020-08-27T23:17:50  *** melande has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
728 2020-08-27T23:23:43  *** yanmaani has quit IRC
729 2020-08-27T23:26:03  *** yanmaani has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
730 2020-08-27T23:40:42  *** melande has quit IRC
731 2020-08-27T23:40:58  *** watersnake1 has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
732 2020-08-27T23:41:51  *** melande has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
733 2020-08-27T23:50:20  *** bitcoin-git has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
734 2020-08-27T23:50:20  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] dhruv opened pull request #19825: rpc: simplify setban and consolidate BanMan functions (master...consolidate-ban-functions) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19825
735 2020-08-27T23:50:21  *** bitcoin-git has left #bitcoin-core-dev
736 2020-08-27T23:55:21  *** sipsorcery has quit IRC