1 2021-01-12T00:00:48  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC 1.8.2 - https://znc.in)
  2 2021-01-12T00:00:59  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  3 2021-01-12T00:07:07  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC 1.8.2 - https://znc.in)
  4 2021-01-12T00:08:23  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  5 2021-01-12T00:12:27  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  6 2021-01-12T00:19:10  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC 1.8.2 - https://znc.in)
  7 2021-01-12T00:19:21  *** alko89_ <alko89_!~alko89@cpe-85-10-28-138.static.amis.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  8 2021-01-12T00:27:28  *** slewis <slewis!~slewis@84.39.117.57> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
  9 2021-01-12T00:28:19  *** da39a3ee5e6b4b0d <da39a3ee5e6b4b0d!~da39a3ee5@2403:6200:8876:255c:18d1:c1a9:13be:6f9e> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 10 2021-01-12T00:29:40  <fanquake> wumpus / sipa can you block aniels88
 11 2021-01-12T00:31:21  <sipa> done
 12 2021-01-12T00:32:21  <sipa> i really don't understand what drives people to open issues with random words
 13 2021-01-12T00:33:03  <sipa> i can understand someone spamming a bitcoin address, or people confusing pull request to be something they need to get the source code... but this?
 14 2021-01-12T00:38:36  <fanquake> Yea it’s just nonsense
 15 2021-01-12T00:40:08  <sipa> "geld" is dutch for "money" fwiw
 16 2021-01-12T00:40:49  *** alko89_ <alko89_!~alko89@cpe-85-10-28-138.static.amis.net> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC 1.8.2 - https://znc.in)
 17 2021-01-12T00:41:37  <fanquake> Well, I guess that does make slightly more sense heh
 18 2021-01-12T00:41:38  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 19 2021-01-12T00:52:03  <sipa> slightly
 20 2021-01-12T01:17:34  *** martymcfly <martymcfly!8a5e79f9@138.94.121.249> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 21 2021-01-12T01:19:45  *** martymcfly80 <martymcfly80!8a5e79f9@138.94.121.249> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 22 2021-01-12T01:20:26  *** DeanGuss <DeanGuss!~dean@gateway/tor-sasl/deanguss> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 23 2021-01-12T01:20:55  *** DeanGuss <DeanGuss!~dean@gateway/tor-sasl/deanguss> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 24 2021-01-12T01:23:22  *** martymcfly80 <martymcfly80!8a5e79f9@138.94.121.249> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
 25 2021-01-12T01:23:38  *** martymcfly65 <martymcfly65!8a5e79f9@138.94.121.249> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 26 2021-01-12T01:28:15  *** martymcfly <martymcfly!8a5e79f9@138.94.121.249> has quit IRC (Quit: Connection closed)
 27 2021-01-12T01:28:35  *** martymcfly65 <martymcfly65!8a5e79f9@138.94.121.249> has quit IRC (Quit: Connection closed)
 28 2021-01-12T01:29:02  *** martymcfly65 <martymcfly65!8a5e79f9@138.94.121.249> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 29 2021-01-12T01:41:47  *** pmxb0t <pmxb0t!~pmxb0t@185.204.1.185> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 30 2021-01-12T01:52:57  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 31 2021-01-12T01:56:18  *** ghost43 <ghost43!~daer@gateway/tor-sasl/daer> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 32 2021-01-12T01:56:38  *** ghost43 <ghost43!~daer@gateway/tor-sasl/daer> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 33 2021-01-12T02:14:50  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC 1.8.2 - https://znc.in)
 34 2021-01-12T02:15:00  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 35 2021-01-12T02:25:45  *** DeanWeen <DeanWeen!~dean@gateway/tor-sasl/deanguss> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 36 2021-01-12T02:26:45  *** jespada <jespada!~jespada@90.254.245.49> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
 37 2021-01-12T02:29:03  *** DeanGuss <DeanGuss!~dean@gateway/tor-sasl/deanguss> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
 38 2021-01-12T02:29:52  *** jespada <jespada!~jespada@90.254.245.49> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 39 2021-01-12T02:45:24  *** DeanWeen <DeanWeen!~dean@gateway/tor-sasl/deanguss> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 40 2021-01-12T02:45:43  *** DeanWeen <DeanWeen!~dean@gateway/tor-sasl/deanguss> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 41 2021-01-12T03:06:52  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC 1.8.2 - https://znc.in)
 42 2021-01-12T03:07:08  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 43 2021-01-12T03:27:17  *** jesseposner <jesseposner!~jp@2601:645:200:162f:e5e3:4953:1c9a:aaba> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 44 2021-01-12T03:30:04  *** sdaftuar_ <sdaftuar_!~sdaftuar@gateway/tor-sasl/sdaftuar> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 45 2021-01-12T03:30:32  *** sdaftuar_ <sdaftuar_!~sdaftuar@gateway/tor-sasl/sdaftuar> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 46 2021-01-12T03:54:16  *** belcher_ <belcher_!~belcher@unaffiliated/belcher> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 47 2021-01-12T03:55:43  *** belcher <belcher!~belcher@unaffiliated/belcher> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
 48 2021-01-12T03:56:02  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC 1.8.2 - https://znc.in)
 49 2021-01-12T03:56:50  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 50 2021-01-12T04:19:51  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 51 2021-01-12T04:33:57  *** jesseposner <jesseposner!~jp@2601:645:200:162f:e5e3:4953:1c9a:aaba> has quit IRC (Quit: Textual IRC Client: www.textualapp.com)
 52 2021-01-12T04:39:03  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC 1.8.2 - https://znc.in)
 53 2021-01-12T04:41:14  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 54 2021-01-12T04:41:25  *** martymcfly65 <martymcfly65!8a5e79f9@138.94.121.249> has quit IRC (Quit: Connection closed)
 55 2021-01-12T04:43:29  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 56 2021-01-12T04:43:39  *** az0re <az0re!~az0re@gateway/tor-sasl/az0re> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 57 2021-01-12T04:44:17  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
 58 2021-01-12T04:46:33  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 59 2021-01-12T04:50:19  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
 60 2021-01-12T04:59:03  *** vasild <vasild!~vd@gateway/tor-sasl/vasild> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
 61 2021-01-12T05:07:32  *** jonatack <jonatack!~jon@213.152.162.89> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
 62 2021-01-12T05:09:18  *** jonatack <jonatack!~jon@88.124.242.136> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 63 2021-01-12T05:11:38  *** the_fly_ <the_fly_!~the_fly@host86-146-184-154.range86-146.btcentralplus.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 64 2021-01-12T05:17:27  *** pmxb0t <pmxb0t!~pmxb0t@185.204.1.185> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 65 2021-01-12T05:23:03  <the_fly_> hi all, is it possible to output all block hashses (and rawtx) starting from the genesis block from via ZMQ?
 66 2021-01-12T05:23:25  <the_fly_> in the past i had forked bitcoind and added zmq support myself, upon rescan i was able to do this
 67 2021-01-12T05:26:54  <sipa> much better to use the rest interface for that
 68 2021-01-12T05:27:30  <the_fly_> i was considering using the RPC interface but i would like this to keep synced with live transactions after it has reached the top of the chain
 69 2021-01-12T05:27:42  <the_fly_> and i expect scanning over all blocks and TXs will be quite slow
 70 2021-01-12T05:28:02  <MarcoFalke> I think the GitHub App rewards people for any kind of interaction, thus incentivises spamming
 71 2021-01-12T05:28:35  <sipa> the_fly_: rest, not rpc, but ok
 72 2021-01-12T05:28:48  <the_fly_> ah sorry, i am unaware of the rest interface
 73 2021-01-12T05:29:06  <MarcoFalke> There is also -blocknotify
 74 2021-01-12T05:29:28  <sipa> it's very similar but is just queried by URL; no need for RPC
 75 2021-01-12T05:29:55  <sipa> the_fly_: in any case, no, ZMQ is only intended for notifications, not historical querying
 76 2021-01-12T05:29:56  <the_fly_> MarcoFalke: does blocknotify impact the behavior of the ZMQ interface?
 77 2021-01-12T05:30:10  <MarcoFalke> it shouldn't
 78 2021-01-12T05:30:15  <sipa> it's not very appropriate for thag either, as ZMQ has no reliability guarantees
 79 2021-01-12T05:30:30  <the_fly_> yes, i actually bridged it with rabbitmq, so at least i could keep a persistent queue
 80 2021-01-12T05:31:10  <sipa> generally the suggested approach is having something that polls for updates, and has a fast path to trigger looking on zmq/blocknotify/...
 81 2021-01-12T05:32:16  <the_fly_> i can probably live with blocknotify, and then query (rest or rpc) the raw tx info for each tx in the block
 82 2021-01-12T05:32:43  *** TheCavalry <TheCavalry!~TheCavalr@139.28.218.148> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 83 2021-01-12T05:32:53  <the_fly_> so no need for rescan, just getblockhash until i reach the end of the blockchain, but whilst that's happening i can populate blocks which are mined
 84 2021-01-12T05:34:49  <the_fly_> i can live with some inefficiency if scanning the entire block & transaction history is tractable within some reasonable timeframe (days)
 85 2021-01-12T05:35:47  <the_fly_> the end goal is to populate a database so i can perform various queries and visualizations of the blockchain
 86 2021-01-12T05:38:33  <sipa> there are existing projects that dobthat
 87 2021-01-12T05:40:41  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 88 2021-01-12T05:41:08  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 89 2021-01-12T05:42:28  <the_fly_> when i implemented my solution initially there wasn't anything, it worked but i would rather just use stable bitcoind than a fork
 90 2021-01-12T05:43:26  <the_fly_> the nice thing about blocknotify based solution is that you are in sync with the state of your full node
 91 2021-01-12T05:43:53  <the_fly_> iirc the zmq support i hacked in would spit out all blocks during a rescan
 92 2021-01-12T05:45:19  <the_fly_> so you could nuke the database and sync all blocks, or and catch up in the case of any network outtage etc.
 93 2021-01-12T05:45:58  <the_fly_> this time around i need to query transactions, and store their fields in a structured way (likely just postgres columns)
 94 2021-01-12T05:46:47  <the_fly_> a bespoke solution was more efficient because i could have more control over when indexes were created (is faster to populate first, then create the indexes)
 95 2021-01-12T05:46:54  <the_fly_> at least in postgres
 96 2021-01-12T05:48:01  <the_fly_> im skeptical about the performance of say https://github.com/thelinuxkid/bitcoinquery
 97 2021-01-12T05:48:05  <the_fly_> which is based on mongodb
 98 2021-01-12T05:49:54  <the_fly_> i also would like to split out things like (r,s) and pubkey into fields, which this (and other existing solutions) presumably doesn't do
 99 2021-01-12T05:49:55  <sipa> this is getting a bit off topic
100 2021-01-12T05:50:12  <the_fly_> is there a room for non-core based development?
101 2021-01-12T05:50:33  <the_fly_> because i didn't come to spam off topic things here
102 2021-01-12T05:52:36  <sipa> no idea
103 2021-01-12T05:52:41  <sipa> #bitcoin ?
104 2021-01-12T05:52:50  <the_fly_> they suggested this room
105 2021-01-12T05:53:12  <the_fly_> anyway, fair enough
106 2021-01-12T05:54:05  <aj> mastodon? :)
107 2021-01-12T05:54:46  <the_fly_> what is that?
108 2021-01-12T05:55:04  *** sr_gi <sr_gi!~sr_gi@80.174.218.168.dyn.user.ono.com> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
109 2021-01-12T05:55:27  *** sr_gi <sr_gi!~sr_gi@80.174.218.168.dyn.user.ono.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
110 2021-01-12T05:59:52  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
111 2021-01-12T05:59:52  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #19183: [WIP DONOTMERGE] Replace boost with C++17 (master...2005-StdVariantScriptedDiff) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19183
112 2021-01-12T05:59:53  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
113 2021-01-12T06:00:08  <aj> federated twitter thing https://bitcoinhackers.org/about maybe
114 2021-01-12T06:01:37  <the_fly_> oh right, thanks, i think i should be fine with the current rpc+zmq support, i was just hoping there was a way to avoid querying every block+tx for the initial bootstrap
115 2021-01-12T06:05:34  *** vasild <vasild!~vd@gateway/tor-sasl/vasild> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
116 2021-01-12T06:05:48  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
117 2021-01-12T06:05:49  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #20908: fuzz: Use mocktime in process_message* fuzz targets (master...2101-fuzzMocktime) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20908
118 2021-01-12T06:05:50  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
119 2021-01-12T06:14:47  *** copumpkin <copumpkin!~copumpkin@unaffiliated/copumpkin> has quit IRC (Quit: My MacBook Pro has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
120 2021-01-12T06:16:45  *** TheCavalry <TheCavalry!~TheCavalr@139.28.218.148> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
121 2021-01-12T06:22:36  *** rh0nj <rh0nj!~rh0nj@88.99.167.175> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
122 2021-01-12T06:23:07  *** rh0nj <rh0nj!~rh0nj@88.99.167.175> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
123 2021-01-12T06:25:36  *** the_fly_ <the_fly_!~the_fly@host86-146-184-154.range86-146.btcentralplus.com> has quit IRC (Quit: leaving)
124 2021-01-12T06:39:36  *** jespada <jespada!~jespada@90.254.245.49> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
125 2021-01-12T06:42:57  *** jespada <jespada!~jespada@90.254.245.49> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
126 2021-01-12T06:47:30  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
127 2021-01-12T06:58:54  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC 1.8.2 - https://znc.in)
128 2021-01-12T07:01:08  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
129 2021-01-12T07:13:50  *** jeremyrubin <jeremyrubin!~jr@2601:645:c200:14:91a5:d8cb:fe32:d136> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
130 2021-01-12T07:14:38  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC 1.8.2 - https://znc.in)
131 2021-01-12T07:16:19  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
132 2021-01-12T07:18:00  *** jayg <jayg!~jayg@178.162.212.214> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2021-01-12T07:20:56  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
134 2021-01-12T07:25:00  *** jesseposner <jesseposner!~jp@2601:645:200:162f:f8fc:719c:d404:10c2> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
135 2021-01-12T07:25:14  *** da39a3ee5e6b4b0d <da39a3ee5e6b4b0d!~da39a3ee5@2403:6200:8876:255c:18d1:c1a9:13be:6f9e> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
136 2021-01-12T07:29:04  *** glozow <glozow!uid453516@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-rgflzyyxbpgstdls> has quit IRC (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
137 2021-01-12T07:32:27  *** iamgr00t <iamgr00t!~iamgr00t@unaffiliated/iamgr00t> has left #bitcoin-core-dev ("The Lounge - https://thelounge.chat")
138 2021-01-12T07:34:43  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC 1.8.2 - https://znc.in)
139 2021-01-12T07:36:01  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
140 2021-01-12T07:44:02  *** Guyver2 <Guyver2!Guyver@guyver2.xs4all.nl> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
141 2021-01-12T07:57:04  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
142 2021-01-12T07:57:05  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/6af013792f1b...7838db141b76
143 2021-01-12T07:57:05  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3eb94ec Carl Dong: sync: Use decltype(auto) return type for WITH_LOCK
144 2021-01-12T07:57:06  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7838db1 fanquake: Merge #20495: sync: Use decltype(auto) return type for WITH_LOCK
145 2021-01-12T07:57:15  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
146 2021-01-12T07:57:29  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
147 2021-01-12T07:57:29  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #20495: sync: Use decltype(auto) return type for WITH_LOCK (master...2020-11-decltype-auto) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20495
148 2021-01-12T07:57:34  *** Anne_ <Anne_!~igloo@65-122-123-66.dia.static.qwest.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
149 2021-01-12T07:57:40  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
150 2021-01-12T08:00:28  *** Anne_ <Anne_!~igloo@65-122-123-66.dia.static.qwest.net> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
151 2021-01-12T08:04:55  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC 1.8.2 - https://znc.in)
152 2021-01-12T08:05:14  <aj> fanquake: err, how does changing the ldadd order in #19937 possibly fix things?? what is going on??
153 2021-01-12T08:05:16  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19937 | signet mining utility by ajtowns · Pull Request #19937 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
154 2021-01-12T08:06:07  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
155 2021-01-12T08:06:57  <aj> oh libs have to be in order in general apparently? geez. TIL apparently?
156 2021-01-12T08:10:40  <sipa> aj: yes, dependency order, unless they"re grouped, in which case the linker loops
157 2021-01-12T08:14:03  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC 1.8.2 - https://znc.in)
158 2021-01-12T08:14:23  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
159 2021-01-12T08:45:11  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC 1.8.2 - https://znc.in)
160 2021-01-12T08:45:51  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
161 2021-01-12T08:49:10  *** mol <mol!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
162 2021-01-12T08:50:26  *** asdlkfjwerpoicvx <asdlkfjwerpoicvx!~flack@p200300d46f24de00e403ea479718bc87.dip0.t-ipconnect.de> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
163 2021-01-12T08:52:49  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC 1.8.2 - https://znc.in)
164 2021-01-12T08:55:36  *** alko89 <alko89!~alko89@unaffiliated/alko89> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
165 2021-01-12T09:00:04  *** astrolince <astrolince!astrolince@gateway/shell/matrix.org/x-epshixvunsdsuvjp> has quit IRC (Quit: Idle for 30+ days)
166 2021-01-12T09:12:56  *** spinza <spinza!~spin@102.132.245.16> has quit IRC (Quit: Coyote finally caught up with me...)
167 2021-01-12T09:14:39  *** Guyver2 <Guyver2!Guyver@guyver2.xs4all.nl> has quit IRC (Quit: Going offline, see ya! (www.adiirc.com))
168 2021-01-12T09:18:36  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
169 2021-01-12T09:23:03  *** sdaftuar_ <sdaftuar_!~sdaftuar@gateway/tor-sasl/sdaftuar> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
170 2021-01-12T09:23:04  *** sipa <sipa!~pw@gateway/tor-sasl/sipa1024> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
171 2021-01-12T09:23:04  *** virtu <virtu!~virtu@gateway/tor-sasl/virtu> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
172 2021-01-12T09:23:23  *** jb55 <jb55!~jb55@gateway/tor-sasl/jb55> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
173 2021-01-12T09:23:43  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
174 2021-01-12T09:24:52  *** spinza <spinza!~spin@102.132.245.16> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
175 2021-01-12T09:25:42  *** norisg_ <norisg_!~norisgOG@89.45.6.103> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
176 2021-01-12T09:25:58  *** virtu <virtu!~virtu@gateway/tor-sasl/virtu> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
177 2021-01-12T09:26:05  *** sdaftuar_ <sdaftuar_!~sdaftuar@gateway/tor-sasl/sdaftuar> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
178 2021-01-12T09:26:29  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
179 2021-01-12T09:30:55  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
180 2021-01-12T09:48:00  *** norisg_ <norisg_!~norisgOG@89.45.6.103> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
181 2021-01-12T09:50:58  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
182 2021-01-12T09:53:57  *** EagleTM <EagleTM!~EagleTM@unaffiliated/eagletm> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
183 2021-01-12T10:04:28  *** kexkey <kexkey!~kexkey@static-198-54-132-173.cust.tzulo.com> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
184 2021-01-12T10:05:21  *** sr_gi <sr_gi!~sr_gi@80.174.218.168.dyn.user.ono.com> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
185 2021-01-12T10:05:41  *** sr_gi <sr_gi!~sr_gi@80.174.218.168.dyn.user.ono.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
186 2021-01-12T10:07:29  *** rex4539 <rex4539!~rex4539@gateway/tor-sasl/rex4539> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
187 2021-01-12T10:10:15  *** sipa <sipa!~pw@gateway/tor-sasl/sipa1024> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
188 2021-01-12T10:16:23  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
189 2021-01-12T10:16:33  *** jb55 <jb55!~jb55@gateway/tor-sasl/jb55> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
190 2021-01-12T10:29:33  <vasild> jnewbery: aj: I guess the benefit of having a separate classes for peer manager "implementation" and "interface" is not clear from 20811 alone.
191 2021-01-12T10:37:20  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
192 2021-01-12T10:37:20  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] romanz closed pull request #20702: rpc: Add getblocklocations call (master...locations) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20702
193 2021-01-12T10:37:21  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
194 2021-01-12T10:42:08  <jnewbery> vasild: did you see https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20758? Some of the benefits are listed there
195 2021-01-12T10:42:36  <vasild> yes, this is why I say "from 20811 alone" :)
196 2021-01-12T10:42:48  <jnewbery> ah ok
197 2021-01-12T10:43:08  <vasild> I went looking for "why do that?" answers in the other PR :)
198 2021-01-12T10:43:47  <jnewbery> It also helps with https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19398, which is gradually moving data into the Peer struct. Having that only declared internally in net_processing.cpp reduces header churn
199 2021-01-12T10:54:29  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
200 2021-01-12T10:54:29  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 14 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7838db141b76...18017152c2a5
201 2021-01-12T10:54:30  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 444fcfc Carl Dong: guix: Make guix honor MAX_JOBS setting
202 2021-01-12T10:54:30  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0f31e24 Carl Dong: guix: Add SUBSTITUTE_URLS option
203 2021-01-12T10:54:31  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 93b6a85 Carl Dong: guix: Add ADDITIONAL_GUIX_{COMMON,TIMEMACHINE}_FLAGS options
204 2021-01-12T10:54:32  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
205 2021-01-12T10:54:49  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
206 2021-01-12T10:54:49  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #20619: guix: Quality of life improvements (master...2020-12-guix-fixups) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20619
207 2021-01-12T10:54:51  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
208 2021-01-12T10:58:04  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
209 2021-01-12T10:58:21  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
210 2021-01-12T11:06:22  *** arik__ <arik__!sid402902@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-jfkmjvnsnrtdogdp> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
211 2021-01-12T11:06:36  *** arik__ <arik__!sid402902@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-kdxbclwzdajdnfea> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
212 2021-01-12T11:07:03  *** sdaftuar_ <sdaftuar_!~sdaftuar@gateway/tor-sasl/sdaftuar> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
213 2021-01-12T11:19:21  *** sipa_ <sipa_!~pw@gateway/tor-sasl/sipa1024> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
214 2021-01-12T11:19:22  *** sipa <sipa!~pw@gateway/tor-sasl/sipa1024> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
215 2021-01-12T11:20:03  *** DeanWeen <DeanWeen!~dean@gateway/tor-sasl/deanguss> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
216 2021-01-12T11:20:05  *** DeanGuss <DeanGuss!~dean@gateway/tor-sasl/deanguss> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
217 2021-01-12T11:20:17  *** TheHoliestRoger <TheHoliestRoger!~TheHolies@unaffiliated/theholiestroger> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
218 2021-01-12T11:20:43  *** jb55 <jb55!~jb55@gateway/tor-sasl/jb55> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
219 2021-01-12T11:21:28  *** openoms <openoms!~quassel@91.132.136.76> has quit IRC (Quit: No Ping reply in 180 seconds.)
220 2021-01-12T11:22:08  *** jb55 <jb55!~jb55@gateway/tor-sasl/jb55> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
221 2021-01-12T11:22:53  *** openoms <openoms!~quassel@91.132.136.76> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
222 2021-01-12T11:23:40  *** sdaftuar_ <sdaftuar_!~sdaftuar@gateway/tor-sasl/sdaftuar> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
223 2021-01-12T11:25:39  <wumpus> aj: linker order is important with static libraries; dynamic libraries contain the list of NEEDED libraries they depend on in turn so there it doesn't matter
224 2021-01-12T11:30:01  <wumpus> would be nice to get some more review on #18710, it's fairly straightforward but as it affects the thread pool used for script verification, which is consensus code, it needs some more eyes on it
225 2021-01-12T11:30:05  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18710 | Add local thread pool to CCheckQueue by hebasto · Pull Request #18710 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
226 2021-01-12T11:30:31  *** TheHoliestRoger <TheHoliestRoger!~TheHolies@unaffiliated/theholiestroger> has quit IRC (Quit: Find me in #TheHolyRoger or https://theholyroger.com)
227 2021-01-12T11:31:10  *** TheHoliestRoger <TheHoliestRoger!~TheHolies@unaffiliated/theholiestroger> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
228 2021-01-12T11:33:49  *** TheHoliestRoger <TheHoliestRoger!~TheHolies@unaffiliated/theholiestroger> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
229 2021-01-12T11:34:25  *** TheHoliestRoger <TheHoliestRoger!~TheHolies@unaffiliated/theholiestroger> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
230 2021-01-12T11:36:43  <MarcoFalke> Is there a way to disable all discussions on loose commits?
231 2021-01-12T11:54:44  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
232 2021-01-12T11:54:44  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 6 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/18017152c2a5...7b975639ef93
233 2021-01-12T11:54:45  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 81c54de Anthony Towns: rpc: update getblocktemplate with signet rule, include signet_challenge
234 2021-01-12T11:54:45  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 95d5d5e Anthony Towns: rpc: allow getblocktemplate for test chains when unconnected or in IBD
235 2021-01-12T11:54:46  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 13762bc Anthony Towns: Add bitcoin-util command line utility
236 2021-01-12T11:54:47  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
237 2021-01-12T11:55:04  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
238 2021-01-12T11:55:04  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #19937: signet mining utility (master...202009-signet-generate) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19937
239 2021-01-12T11:55:05  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
240 2021-01-12T11:57:35  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
241 2021-01-12T11:57:48  <aj> wumpus: yay! / oh no! now i need another PR for the typo things i forgot from there
242 2021-01-12T11:58:27  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: not that i know of, unfortunately
243 2021-01-12T11:58:53  <aj> "move away from github" is the answer for everything involving loose commits, isn't it?
244 2021-01-12T11:59:12  <wumpus> aj: the help/manpage still needs to be done anyway
245 2021-01-12T11:59:53  <aj> wumpus: oh bitcoin-util needs a zillion things, i just meant some of the signet readme bits
246 2021-01-12T12:00:02  <wumpus> aj: right
247 2021-01-12T12:00:18  <MarcoFalke> wumpus: Any thoughts on radicle? Havne't tried it, but it makes issues harder to report for one-offs, right?
248 2021-01-12T12:00:50  <fanquake> wumpus can you block bitmastercoin shortly
249 2021-01-12T12:01:07  <MarcoFalke> Also, radicle will probably break email notifications (one of the few nice things that GitHub offers)
250 2021-01-12T12:01:11  <wumpus> MarcoFalke: i like the direction of that project, and i think the design is pretty elegant; it still needs a lot of functionality to be able to replace our use of github, though
251 2021-01-12T12:02:04  <fanquake> They are spamming my personal repos as well: https://github.com/fanquake/autotools/commit/02e7a4c3a93f2052ee0a5188488f48fd97237425. Quite annoying.
252 2021-01-12T12:02:20  <wumpus> fanquake: ok
253 2021-01-12T12:03:36  <wumpus> huh i only see a *list* of blocked users and can unblock people but not block them
254 2021-01-12T12:03:40  <aj> MarcoFalke: sounds like it only does code, not discussion? (bug reports, patches, discussion are on the "roadmap"?)
255 2021-01-12T12:04:02  <wumpus> aj: right-the 'social coding' features are going to be based on git notes, but are still in development
256 2021-01-12T12:04:31  <MarcoFalke> TIL git help notes
257 2021-01-12T12:04:33  <wumpus> something like email notifications and such will need an external bot i guess
258 2021-01-12T12:04:40  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
259 2021-01-12T12:04:41  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] bitmastercoin opened pull request #20911: Create act.conf (master...patch-2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20911
260 2021-01-12T12:04:42  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
261 2021-01-12T12:05:06  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
262 2021-01-12T12:05:06  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #20911: Create act.conf (master...patch-2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20911
263 2021-01-12T12:05:07  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
264 2021-01-12T12:05:28  <MarcoFalke> I checked in december and 60% of all pull requests and issues opened were spam
265 2021-01-12T12:05:35  <MarcoFalke> This is not sustainable
266 2021-01-12T12:05:43  <wumpus> but this is very strange, why can't i block anyone
267 2021-01-12T12:06:08  <wumpus> i'm still repository owner so it's not a privilege thing
268 2021-01-12T12:06:15  <fanquake> very strange
269 2021-01-12T12:09:22  <wumpus> fanquake:  it looks like this now: https://0bin.net/paste/VyDIFRGJ#DnMd5HHPGpTJXHaWKvNs+dg-jvD3LBhIlhwILA7o6PX    ... there should be a input widget as in https://docs.github.com/assets/images/help/organizations/org-block-username-field.png
270 2021-01-12T12:10:25  *** sipa_ <sipa_!~pw@gateway/tor-sasl/sipa1024> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
271 2021-01-12T12:12:23  <fanquake> wumpus: ok. If you can’t find any explanation tonight, I’ll follow up with GH
272 2021-01-12T12:12:34  *** moti <moti!3c7471e7@softbank060116113231.bbtec.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
273 2021-01-12T12:12:55  <wumpus> it is the same for other organizations
274 2021-01-12T12:12:56  *** moti <moti!3c7471e7@softbank060116113231.bbtec.net> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
275 2021-01-12T12:13:19  *** moti <moti!3c7471e7@softbank060116113231.bbtec.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
276 2021-01-12T12:13:33  *** moti <moti!3c7471e7@softbank060116113231.bbtec.net> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
277 2021-01-12T12:15:38  *** sipa <sipa!~pw@gateway/tor-sasl/sipa1024> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
278 2021-01-12T12:15:44  *** TheHoliestRoger <TheHoliestRoger!~TheHolies@unaffiliated/theholiestroger> has quit IRC (Quit: Find me in #TheHolyRoger or https://theholyroger.com)
279 2021-01-12T12:16:15  <wumpus> checked on another computer, same... can oneone who is owner of a gh organization please check https://github.com/organizations/<org>/settings/user_blocks ?
280 2021-01-12T12:16:21  *** TheHoliestRoger <TheHoliestRoger!~TheHolies@unaffiliated/theholiestroger> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
281 2021-01-12T12:18:57  <aj> wumpus: i see the same on https://github.com/settings/blocked_users (ie, where i should be able to block people for my personal account, i guess?)
282 2021-01-12T12:20:12  <wumpus> could try it through the API https://docs.github.com/en/free-pro-team@latest/rest/reference/users#block-a-user
283 2021-01-12T12:20:15  <wumpus> aj: thanks for checking
284 2021-01-12T12:21:45  <aj> https://docs.github.com/en/free-pro-team@latest/rest/reference/orgs#block-a-user-from-an-organization ym?
285 2021-01-12T12:22:25  <wumpus> aj: better
286 2021-01-12T12:27:16  <aj> wumpus: it appears i can successfully block you from my homepage by api
287 2021-01-12T12:28:29  <aj> curl -u$USER:$TOKEN  -H "Accept: application/vnd.github.v3+json" -XPUT https://api.github.com/org/$ORG/blocks/$WHO
288 2021-01-12T12:29:52  <wumpus> aj: that worked, thanks
289 2021-01-12T12:31:17  <aj> wumpus: sweet
290 2021-01-12T12:34:57  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
291 2021-01-12T12:38:16  *** udecker <udecker!~udecker@173.243.88.22> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
292 2021-01-12T12:40:13  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
293 2021-01-12T12:56:31  *** mol <mol!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
294 2021-01-12T13:01:55  *** MasterdonX <MasterdonX!~masterdon@45.9.249.244> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
295 2021-01-12T13:06:03  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
296 2021-01-12T13:06:03  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj opened pull request #20913: doc: Add manual page generation for bitcoin-util (master...2021_01_bitcoin_util_manpage) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20913
297 2021-01-12T13:06:04  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
298 2021-01-12T13:12:07  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
299 2021-01-12T13:28:22  *** belcher_ is now known as belcher
300 2021-01-12T13:30:56  *** sdaftuar_ <sdaftuar_!~sdaftuar@gateway/tor-sasl/sdaftuar> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
301 2021-01-12T13:31:24  *** sdaftuar_ <sdaftuar_!~sdaftuar@gateway/tor-sasl/sdaftuar> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
302 2021-01-12T13:35:34  <jonatack> MarcoFalke: thanks! TIL about git help notes too, interesting
303 2021-01-12T13:40:04  <jonatack> results of a fediverse poll by cdecker on switching from GH to a a git-based system https://bitcoinhackers.org/@cdecker/105537311249244507
304 2021-01-12T13:42:02  *** da39a3ee5e6b4b0d <da39a3ee5e6b4b0d!~da39a3ee5@mx-ll-171.5.28-247.dynamic.3bb.co.th> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
305 2021-01-12T13:45:28  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
306 2021-01-12T13:46:28  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has quit IRC (Quit: = "")
307 2021-01-12T13:55:10  *** mol <mol!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
308 2021-01-12T14:02:54  *** Cyberfox <Cyberfox!~cyberfox@185.26.198.59> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
309 2021-01-12T14:14:23  *** belcher_ <belcher_!~belcher@unaffiliated/belcher> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
310 2021-01-12T14:15:23  *** sr_gi <sr_gi!~sr_gi@80.174.218.168.dyn.user.ono.com> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
311 2021-01-12T14:15:52  *** sr_gi <sr_gi!~sr_gi@80.174.218.168.dyn.user.ono.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
312 2021-01-12T14:16:25  *** belcher <belcher!~belcher@unaffiliated/belcher> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
313 2021-01-12T14:16:45  *** belcher_ is now known as belcher
314 2021-01-12T14:18:21  *** mol <mol!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
315 2021-01-12T14:19:25  *** jonatack <jonatack!~jon@88.124.242.136> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
316 2021-01-12T14:21:12  *** jonatack <jonatack!~jon@88.124.242.136> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
317 2021-01-12T14:24:30  *** sdaftuar_ is now known as sdaftuar
318 2021-01-12T14:25:08  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
319 2021-01-12T14:26:30  *** jonatack <jonatack!~jon@88.124.242.136> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
320 2021-01-12T14:26:32  *** mol_ <mol_!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
321 2021-01-12T14:26:56  *** jonatack <jonatack!~jon@134.19.179.235> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
322 2021-01-12T14:29:10  *** belcher <belcher!~belcher@unaffiliated/belcher> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
323 2021-01-12T14:29:54  *** mol <mol!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
324 2021-01-12T14:43:21  *** lontivero <lontivero!~lontivero@186.183.48.51> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
325 2021-01-12T14:45:38  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
326 2021-01-12T14:50:20  *** belcher <belcher!~belcher@unaffiliated/belcher> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
327 2021-01-12T14:50:55  *** pbase <pbase!~pbase@171.61.16.193> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
328 2021-01-12T14:51:35  *** glozow <glozow!uid453516@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-fxumjocdhrcrnkpo> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
329 2021-01-12T14:52:25  <jnewbery> Hi folks. Reminder that we have our first p2p meeting in just under 10 minutes. We have three suggested topics so far: https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/P2P-IRC-meetings#12-jan-2021
330 2021-01-12T14:52:28  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12 | Monitor transactions and/or blocks · Issue #12 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
331 2021-01-12T14:53:31  *** lontivero_ <lontivero_!~lontivero@186.183.48.215> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
332 2021-01-12T14:56:01  *** lontivero <lontivero!~lontivero@186.183.48.51> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
333 2021-01-12T15:00:17  <jnewbery> #startmeeting
334 2021-01-12T15:00:17  <core-meetingbot> Meeting started Tue Jan 12 15:00:17 2021 UTC.  The chair is jnewbery. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
335 2021-01-12T15:00:17  <core-meetingbot> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
336 2021-01-12T15:00:19  <jnewbery> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: achow101 aj amiti ariard bluematt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball morcos nehan NicolasDorier paveljanik petertodd
337 2021-01-12T15:00:25  <jnewbery> phantomcircuit promag provoostenator ryanofsky sdaftuar sipa vasild wumpus
338 2021-01-12T15:00:36  <glozow> hai
339 2021-01-12T15:00:40  <jamesob> hi
340 2021-01-12T15:00:49  <ariard> yo
341 2021-01-12T15:00:51  <jonatack> hola
342 2021-01-12T15:00:52  <vasild> hi
343 2021-01-12T15:01:05  <ajonas> hi
344 2021-01-12T15:01:22  <amiti> hi
345 2021-01-12T15:01:27  <jnewbery> hi folks. Welcome to the first p2p meeting of 2021!
346 2021-01-12T15:01:47  <jnewbery> We have three proposed meeting topics: https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/P2P-IRC-meetings#12-jan-2021
347 2021-01-12T15:01:48  <sdaftuar> hi
348 2021-01-12T15:01:50  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12 | Monitor transactions and/or blocks · Issue #12 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
349 2021-01-12T15:02:28  <jnewbery> Before we get on to those, I suggest we start with our regular topic of priorities. What are people working on/hoping to make progress on over the next weeks/months?
350 2021-01-12T15:02:49  <jnewbery> don't be shy!
351 2021-01-12T15:02:53  *** Guyver2 <Guyver2!Guyver@guyver2.xs4all.nl> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
352 2021-01-12T15:03:00  <vasild> On my end #20788
353 2021-01-12T15:03:03  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20788 | net: add RAII socket and use it instead of bare SOCKET by vasild · Pull Request #20788 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
354 2021-01-12T15:03:19  <vasild> it would help #19203 and #20685 to move forward
355 2021-01-12T15:03:21  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19203 | net: Add regression fuzz harness for CVE-2017-18350. Add FuzzedSocket. Add thin SOCKET wrapper. by practicalswift · Pull Request #19203 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
356 2021-01-12T15:03:23  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20685 | Add I2P support using I2P SAM by vasild · Pull Request #20685 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
357 2021-01-12T15:03:26  *** Anne <Anne!~igloo@65-122-123-66.dia.static.qwest.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
358 2021-01-12T15:04:05  <jonatack> On my end https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20197
359 2021-01-12T15:04:30  <jonatack> #20197 and adding more unit test coverage to the eviction logic
360 2021-01-12T15:04:32  <jnewbery> My main priority for the start of this year is to make progress on the net/net_processing split (#19398). I'm currently waiting for #20811 because I think my remaining changes are less disruptive after that.
361 2021-01-12T15:04:33  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20197 | p2p: improve onion detection in AttemptToEvictConnection() by jonatack · Pull Request #20197 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
362 2021-01-12T15:04:33  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19398 | Move remaining application layer data to net processing · Issue #19398 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
363 2021-01-12T15:04:36  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20811 | refactor: move net_processing implementation details out of header by ajtowns · Pull Request #20811 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
364 2021-01-12T15:04:50  <ariard> reviewing erlay/package testmempoolaccept and updating #20277 with last sdaftuar feedback
365 2021-01-12T15:04:54  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20277 | p2p: Stop processing unrequested transactions during IBD and extend p2p_ibd_txrelay.py coverage by ariard · Pull Request #20277 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
366 2021-01-12T15:06:20  <jnewbery> Reminder that aj maintains a board of p2p PRs here: https://github.com/users/ajtowns/projects/1
367 2021-01-12T15:07:15  <jnewbery> ok, if no-one has anything else, let's move onto the first topic
368 2021-01-12T15:07:23  <jnewbery> #topic disabletx P2P message (sdaftuar)
369 2021-01-12T15:07:24  <core-meetingbot> topic: disabletx P2P message (sdaftuar)
370 2021-01-12T15:07:28  <sdaftuar> ooh i'm up
371 2021-01-12T15:07:40  <sdaftuar> ok so the context here is #20726
372 2021-01-12T15:07:44  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20726 | p2p: Add DISABLETX message for negotiating block-relay-only connections by sdaftuar · Pull Request #20726 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
373 2021-01-12T15:08:20  <sdaftuar> it's gotten a decent bit of feedback so far, so not sure if it's helpful for me to go through all the context again?
374 2021-01-12T15:08:30  <sdaftuar> but i can for anyone who hasn't looked at it
375 2021-01-12T15:09:02  <sdaftuar> the main goal here is to be able to increase the number of inbound connection slots on the network, in order to feel good about increasing hte number of block-relay-only connections we make
376 2021-01-12T15:09:28  <sdaftuar> which in turn is in order to add security to the network by increasing its partition resistance, at relatively low cost (block-relay-only connections are low-resource)
377 2021-01-12T15:10:06  <sdaftuar> but to do all that, we need to give nodes a way to know that an inbound peer is a block-relay-only peer. currently block-relay-only peers use the fRelay flag from BIP37 to instruct their peer they don't want transactions
378 2021-01-12T15:10:14  <sdaftuar> but BIP37 allows for transaction relay to resume with a FILTERCLEAR message
379 2021-01-12T15:10:21  <jnewbery> sdaftuar: when you say low-resource, are you mostly talking about memory, bandwidth of something else?
380 2021-01-12T15:10:27  <jnewbery> *or something else
381 2021-01-12T15:10:28  <sdaftuar> memory and bandwidth
382 2021-01-12T15:10:34  <sdaftuar> and cpu, i guess
383 2021-01-12T15:11:28  <sdaftuar> so my proposal is to add a new p2p message ("disabletx") which means that a connection will never relay transactions, for its lifetime
384 2021-01-12T15:11:50  <amiti> sdaftuar: do I understand correctly the current proposal is a `disabletx` messages that explicitly disables transactions & implicitly disables addresses? And the thinking is that in the future we could have a message that explicitly enables addresses ? I followed your reasoning for opt out vs opt in (why would we ever opt out of blocks?), but what do you think about implementing block-relay conns with two
385 2021-01-12T15:11:51  <amiti> messages, `disabletx` and `disableaddr` or something?
386 2021-01-12T15:11:53  <vasild> if the node is up to date, then block-relay conveys just a few MB of data per 10 minutes, right? But if the node is not up to date...
387 2021-01-12T15:11:53  <sdaftuar> this in turn will allow us to write code to increase the number of connections lots by reserving additional slots for disabletx-peers
388 2021-01-12T15:12:49  <sdaftuar> amiti: right, so block-relay-only connections currently have no way to communicate that they also don't want addr messages
389 2021-01-12T15:13:23  <sdaftuar> and my proposal for now is to just have the BIP "RECOMMEND" that we not send addrs to peers sending disabletx
390 2021-01-12T15:13:39  <sdaftuar> with the idea being that in the future, we should adopt some kind of addr relay negotiation protocol, which would then take precedence
391 2021-01-12T15:13:55  <sdaftuar> however i think designing an addr relay protocol will take some work, and i'm not ready to propose one now
392 2021-01-12T15:14:10  <sdaftuar> i think there are a bunch of questions around what the goals of addr relay should be, and how best we might achieve them
393 2021-01-12T15:14:37  <sdaftuar> and so i don't think it makes sense to propose something that we'd likely just want to change soon after
394 2021-01-12T15:14:51  <amiti> ah I see, you think the long term design should be more than a toggle (like with txs)?
395 2021-01-12T15:15:15  <sdaftuar> yeah, at the least i suspect we want to communicate information about particular networks (as described in BIP 155)
396 2021-01-12T15:15:59  <amiti> yeah, that makes sense.
397 2021-01-12T15:16:01  <sdaftuar> and it's not clear to me yet what our different handling should be for different networks (ie addresses we understand versus ones we don't)
398 2021-01-12T15:16:42  <vasild> tx relay is unrelated to addr relay, linking both together under "disabletx" would be confusing?
399 2021-01-12T15:16:47  *** Anne <Anne!~igloo@65-122-123-66.dia.static.qwest.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
400 2021-01-12T15:17:36  *** pbase <pbase!~pbase@unaffiliated/pbase> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
401 2021-01-12T15:17:45  <sdaftuar> vasild: both are related to block-relay-only peer logic, which is the only thing that will be using this at the start... i don't see why it's a problem to have a recommendation for this?
402 2021-01-12T15:17:55  <sdaftuar> software that ignores the addr-relay suggestion will not be in violation of the design
403 2021-01-12T15:18:09  <sdaftuar> but it accommodates our desired behavior today
404 2021-01-12T15:18:19  *** lontivero_ <lontivero_!~lontivero@186.183.48.215> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
405 2021-01-12T15:19:15  <sdaftuar> if there were some other software that was going to be using this which wanted different functionality, then i might agree
406 2021-01-12T15:19:22  <jnewbery> I agree that it seems strange to link the two things (tx relay and addr relay) in the BIP
407 2021-01-12T15:19:39  <vasild> then isn't s/disabletx/relayblocksonly/ more clear (relay only blocks and nothing else - no tx, no addr)?
408 2021-01-12T15:20:16  <ariard> but the alternative to introduce a `disabeladdr` will be superceded when we have a better addr relay protocol?
409 2021-01-12T15:20:31  <sdaftuar> vasild: that was my first approach, but many people seemed to feel that having a BIP that governed too much behavior was also confusing or bad protocol design, for future compatibility
410 2021-01-12T15:20:51  <vasild> :)
411 2021-01-12T15:20:54  <sdaftuar> vasild: so this approach is narrow -- just specifies required behavior for tx-relay -- but the motivation gives us an implication for other behavior as well
412 2021-01-12T15:21:04  <sdaftuar> in the absence of protocol support
413 2021-01-12T15:21:07  <jonatack> sdaftuar: fwiw i like the original "blockrelay"
414 2021-01-12T15:22:08  <jnewbery> (the original discussion of blockrelay -> disabletx is here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20726#discussion_r548352366)
415 2021-01-12T15:22:10  <sdaftuar> (trying to figure out how to do an ascii shrug)
416 2021-01-12T15:22:30  <jonatack> sometimes in those discussions the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so mentioning it as a fwiw here
417 2021-01-12T15:22:59  <sdaftuar> i mean i could go either way. i think there's benefit to understanding the network from communicating more exactly what these connections do, and establishing first-class support in the protocol
418 2021-01-12T15:23:16  <sdaftuar> which was more inline with my initial proposal / description
419 2021-01-12T15:23:39  <sdaftuar> but i can see the argument that it imposes design burden on future protocol implementers to figure out how new features should interact with this
420 2021-01-12T15:24:00  <sdaftuar> so making this more narrowly tailored shifts the burden back on just software implementing this feature
421 2021-01-12T15:24:05  <jonatack> jnewbery: i thought it was here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20726#discussion_r548352366
422 2021-01-12T15:24:44  <jonatack> jnewbery: nvm, GitHub doesn't work for me correctly, your link sent me to a different one
423 2021-01-12T15:24:56  <sdaftuar> i think i can implement what i would like to implement with either approach, so i'm hoping that we can just pick a path and move forward.
424 2021-01-12T15:25:16  <sdaftuar> i don't think my current proposal inhibits any future protocol extensions at all
425 2021-01-12T15:25:49  <jnewbery> I don't see much difference between the original proposal and the disabletx proposal. They both interact with addr relay in a potentially unexpected way.
426 2021-01-12T15:26:07  <sdaftuar> jnewbery: but it's just a recommendation.  what drawback is there to having it in there?
427 2021-01-12T15:26:57  <sdaftuar> obviously it could be removed; it just seems to me that it makes things strictly worse.
428 2021-01-12T15:27:22  <jonatack> sdaftuar: hm, the latest push of 20726 seems smaller and inbound-block-relay was dropped?
429 2021-01-12T15:27:35  <ariard> sdaftuar: implementation-wise, how do we tread `disabletx` peers keep sending us addrs? we disconnect or ignore msgs ?
430 2021-01-12T15:27:56  <sdaftuar> jonatack: yes, i switched to using just a bool to track whether the peer is a disabletx bool, rather than upgrading connection type.
431 2021-01-12T15:27:59  <jnewbery> If there is some new addr relay negotiation method introduced in future you have to specify how that interacts with the disabletx BIP
432 2021-01-12T15:28:26  <sdaftuar> jnewbery: obviously it takes precedence, as the disabletx BIP only has a recommendation, and not MUST semantics, and it even calls out this possibility
433 2021-01-12T15:28:36  <sipa> good morning
434 2021-01-12T15:29:09  <jonatack> sdaftuar: ok. we already have a de facto inbound block relay type IIUC and it would be nice to formalize it, if so, but I understand that it may not be central to your proposal
435 2021-01-12T15:29:20  <sdaftuar> jonatack: there was feedback that the connection type change was not the right fit for this. i don't feel strongly, but in changing the thinking from explicitly communicating BLOCKRELAY to a peer, to sending a DISABLETX, it felt more in line with just another setting on a peer's preferred transaction relay
436 2021-01-12T15:29:51  <jnewbery> I think it's probably more useful to discuss the protocol proposal at this stage than implementation details
437 2021-01-12T15:30:33  <sdaftuar> here's my question for people who are concerned abotu the addr relay interaction:
438 2021-01-12T15:30:33  *** lontivero_ <lontivero_!~lontivero@186.183.49.186> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
439 2021-01-12T15:30:46  <sdaftuar> let's say we deployed disabletx. shoudl bitcoin core relay addrs to software sending these messages?
440 2021-01-12T15:30:52  *** Anne <Anne!~igloo@65-122-123-66.dia.static.qwest.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
441 2021-01-12T15:31:05  <vasild> yes
442 2021-01-12T15:31:20  <amiti> I would prefer if there was a way to be explicit about what we are relaying (tx / block / addr). both the original & current proposal are suggesting one message to communicate two pieces of information. I see the challenges of designing for a future where we want more advanced addr relay, but I'm still wondering how we could do both.
443 2021-01-12T15:31:49  <sdaftuar> vasild: the fact that we relay addrs to inbound-block-relay-only peers is a problem, no?
444 2021-01-12T15:32:04  <amiti> hm, if bitcoin core relayed addrs to software that sends disabletx, we aren't able to take advantage of the savings that is the goal, right?
445 2021-01-12T15:32:09  <sdaftuar> isn't that behavior strictly worse than not relaying addrs?
446 2021-01-12T15:32:25  <sdaftuar> amiti: that's a minor goal. addr relay is not nearly as big a deal as tx-relay
447 2021-01-12T15:32:31  <sdaftuar> the data structure is much smaller, i believe
448 2021-01-12T15:32:33  <amiti> ok
449 2021-01-12T15:32:34  <sdaftuar> but yes, a bit annoying
450 2021-01-12T15:33:05  <ariard> it can be cleanup when an addr relay negotiation protocol is introduced
451 2021-01-12T15:33:10  <sdaftuar> one of the drawbacks to increasing the number of inbound-block-relay-only peers is that we create a bunch of addr-relay blakc holes
452 2021-01-12T15:33:29  <sdaftuar> i don't see why we can't make progress on this while deferring design of an actual addr relay protocol ot the future?
453 2021-01-12T15:33:30  <jnewbery> amiti: the receiving node could just drop all addr/getaddr messages. There wouldn't be any memory cost and minimal bandwidth cost
454 2021-01-12T15:33:31  <vasild> I mean "yes", because they did not send "disableaddr" (which does not exist) -- i.e. don't link addr and tx relay in one option
455 2021-01-12T15:35:10  <amiti> jnewbery: ah. right.
456 2021-01-12T15:35:45  <jonatack> sdaftuar: ack
457 2021-01-12T15:36:49  *** Anne <Anne!~igloo@65-122-123-66.dia.static.qwest.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
458 2021-01-12T15:37:10  <jnewbery> sdaftuar: do you have any further thoughts about what a future addr relay negotiation method would look like? I know you were pushing for something similar with BIP155
459 2021-01-12T15:38:08  <sdaftuar> i have a guess, but i think we need to get everyone on the same page about the goals of addr relay are, and come up with some relay policies that we think would achieve that goal, and then make sure our design supports those relay policies
460 2021-01-12T15:38:22  <sdaftuar> there's currently no writeup anywhere on how addr relay should work, to my knowledge
461 2021-01-12T15:39:35  <sdaftuar> but my naive guess is that adding some kind of feature negotiation where we signal support (not sure 0/1 or if more precision is necessary) for different networks (as defined in bip 155) is probably what we will eventually want
462 2021-01-12T15:39:49  <sdaftuar> i just can't defend that right now
463 2021-01-12T15:40:04  <jnewbery> what's the downside of removing the addr relay RECOMMEND point and punting on how to do addr relay negotiation?
464 2021-01-12T15:40:16  <sdaftuar> jnewbery: first you answer my question from above please!
465 2021-01-12T15:40:17  *** Anne <Anne!~igloo@65-122-123-66.dia.static.qwest.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
466 2021-01-12T15:40:27  <ariard> even assuming you have one goal, and nodes operators might wish different relay strategies in function of their privacy needs
467 2021-01-12T15:40:45  <sdaftuar> let's say we deployed disabletx. shoudl bitcoin core relay addrs to software sending these messages?
468 2021-01-12T15:40:53  <sdaftuar> i think the answer to that is of course not
469 2021-01-12T15:41:01  <jnewbery> it depends what the spec says, of course
470 2021-01-12T15:41:33  <sdaftuar> well then that creates the black-hole problem, which will prevent us from wanting to add more blokc-relay connections
471 2021-01-12T15:41:58  <sdaftuar> i mean we can certainly gate all these improvements on addr relay improvements. i just think that will set us back a long time
472 2021-01-12T15:42:37  <ariard> sdaftuar: to be clear you're envisioning 1) adding more block-relay connection and then 2) addr relay improvements?
473 2021-01-12T15:42:58  <sdaftuar> ariard: yes i think we know how to do 1), while 2) requires research
474 2021-01-12T15:43:10  <jnewbery> You don't want a disableaddr message because it won't be useful after the new addr relay negotiation method?
475 2021-01-12T15:43:11  <sdaftuar> i've started doing some research on 2), but it might be a year or more before i feel good about proposing anything, i don't know
476 2021-01-12T15:43:25  *** jespada <jespada!~jespada@90.254.245.49> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
477 2021-01-12T15:43:38  <sipa> sdaftuar: i hadn't considered the fact that adding more block-only connections (a goal of disabletx), actually worsens the addr black hole problem
478 2021-01-12T15:43:46  <jonatack> sdaftuar: i agree that incremental and possibly iterative is the pragmatic way forward here
479 2021-01-12T15:44:16  <sdaftuar> sipa: this came up in #15759 when first proposed, and was one of the reasons we kept it at 2 connections
480 2021-01-12T15:44:21  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15759 | p2p: Add 2 outbound block-relay-only connections by sdaftuar · Pull Request #15759 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
481 2021-01-12T15:44:58  <sdaftuar> based on looking at my own nodes at the time, i didn't feel it was a material worsening of the sitaution, given the other software on the network
482 2021-01-12T15:45:13  *** Anne <Anne!~igloo@65-122-123-66.dia.static.qwest.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
483 2021-01-12T15:45:16  <sdaftuar> but i would feel uncomfortable advocating going up to 8 peers without really looking at it a lot more carefully
484 2021-01-12T15:45:23  <sdaftuar> in the absence of us changing our default behavior for disabletx peers
485 2021-01-12T15:45:28  *** jespada <jespada!~jespada@90.254.245.49> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
486 2021-01-12T15:45:39  <sdaftuar> jnewbery: yes i think a disableaddr message would be short-lived
487 2021-01-12T15:46:33  <sipa> right
488 2021-01-12T15:46:41  <ariard> to be back on the question "should bitcoin core relay addrs to software sending these messages?" _currently_ we don't accept addr msgs from outbound-block-relay peers so why it's worsening the black-hole problem?
489 2021-01-12T15:46:58  <sdaftuar> ariard: the outbound peer will choose us for addr relay (sometimes)
490 2021-01-12T15:47:06  <sdaftuar> and we will drop it and not relay further
491 2021-01-12T15:47:25  <sdaftuar> so increasing the number of connections that drop addr messages could inhibit addr relay
492 2021-01-12T15:47:52  <sdaftuar> this gets to what i was saying before though, i don't think anyone has studied addr relay. this is an open area of research that is (to my knowledge) very undeveloped
493 2021-01-12T15:47:55  <ariard> yeah because you have less peers doing useful addr relay, but I think we should defer this discussion when we introduce more block-relay connectiions
494 2021-01-12T15:48:00  <sdaftuar> so i'm just trying to not make things worse
495 2021-01-12T15:48:35  <ariard> I agree things aren't worse post-#20726
496 2021-01-12T15:48:39  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20726 | p2p: Add DISABLETX message for negotiating block-relay-only connections by sdaftuar · Pull Request #20726 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
497 2021-01-12T15:48:54  <sdaftuar> ariard: well i'd like to establish that people are comfortable with not relaying addrs to disabletx peers
498 2021-01-12T15:49:04  <sdaftuar> because if not, then i don't to advocate for this
499 2021-01-12T15:49:33  <ariard> sdaftuar: and my feeling is some folks would prefer introduce a `disableaddr` to have a clean protocol signaling
500 2021-01-12T15:49:33  <sdaftuar> (not relaying addrs to disabletx peers until such time that we deploy addr-relay negotiation, to be clear)
501 2021-01-12T15:49:36  <ariard> I'm ~0 on this
502 2021-01-12T15:49:49  <sipa> i don't think it's unreasonable to recommend not relaying addresses to disabletx peers; so far addr relay is completely local policy anyway with no BIPs discussing it at all afaik
503 2021-01-12T15:50:07  <sdaftuar> sipa: my understanding as well that there are no BIPs on it
504 2021-01-12T15:50:25  <sipa> it's what we'd do anyway, unless the BIP explicitly says the opposite
505 2021-01-12T15:53:23  <jnewbery> any additional points, or should we move on?
506 2021-01-12T15:53:32  <jonatack> subject to review, concept ack on the BIP draft and 20726
507 2021-01-12T15:54:07  *** Anne <Anne!uid482204@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-zjdveqnxaamxneop> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
508 2021-01-12T15:54:18  <jnewbery> jonatack: we only have 5 minutes left, so I propose we punt your topics to the next meeting
509 2021-01-12T15:54:19  <sdaftuar> thanks. i'm planning to mark 20726 ready for review once a bip number is assigned, fyi
510 2021-01-12T15:55:15  <jnewbery> One quick topic before we end. How do people feel about a different time for this meeting? It would have been nice to have aj here, but it's 1am for him, so it's not the most sociable time.
511 2021-01-12T15:55:22  <jonatack> jnewbery: that's fine. for now i'd only like to mention that connection type implementations are open for the CLI and GUI (and partially merged in the GUI), in case people didn't see them
512 2021-01-12T15:55:38  *** Anne_ <Anne_!~igloo@65-122-123-66.dia.static.qwest.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
513 2021-01-12T15:55:57  <jonatack> and they have had to go beyond the literal connection types to cover the actual cases
514 2021-01-12T15:56:11  <jnewbery> 2100 UTC is 07:00 in Brisbane, 16:00 in New York and 13:00 in California
515 2021-01-12T15:56:13  <sipa> jnewbery: earlier will be hard for me
516 2021-01-12T15:56:43  <vasild> 21:00 UTC is 22:00 central europe, I will not be able to attend
517 2021-01-12T15:57:13  <sipa> timezones suck :(
518 2021-01-12T15:57:16  <vasild> (I rarely attend the other two meetings because they are too late too)
519 2021-01-12T15:57:18  <jonatack> agreed
520 2021-01-12T15:57:35  <jonatack> (they suck and the meetings are late :)
521 2021-01-12T15:58:42  <jnewbery> ok, let's keep it at the current time for now.
522 2021-01-12T15:58:56  <jnewbery> time's up
523 2021-01-12T15:58:58  <jnewbery> #endmeeting
524 2021-01-12T15:58:58  <core-meetingbot> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
525 2021-01-12T15:58:58  <core-meetingbot> Meeting ended Tue Jan 12 15:58:58 2021 UTC.
526 2021-01-12T15:58:58  <core-meetingbot> Minutes:        https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings/logs/bitcoin-core-dev/2021/bitcoin-core-dev.2021-01-12-15.00.moin.txt
527 2021-01-12T15:59:00  <jonatack> let's meet at bitcoin beach for the p2p meetings
528 2021-01-12T15:59:23  <jonatack> (el zonte, el salvador)
529 2021-01-12T15:59:29  <vasild> 1am - moved 6 hours earlier should be 19:00 aj's time and 11:00 central europe - I would be fine with that
530 2021-01-12T16:00:29  <jonatack> that's in the middle of the night in the US though
531 2021-01-12T16:00:31  <vasild> I wonder why all meetings are in evening time for europe? I can also do meetings at 9:00 am :)
532 2021-01-12T16:01:00  <vasild> hmm, timezones suck
533 2021-01-12T16:02:01  *** lontivero_ <lontivero_!~lontivero@186.183.49.186> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
534 2021-01-12T16:04:18  <vasild> jnewbery: something like this may help to see where is most overlap: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=29&month=1&year=2021&p1=195&p2=136&p3=179&iv=0
535 2021-01-12T16:08:17  <MarcoFalke> If sipa moves to the east coast, all our problems are solved, no?
536 2021-01-12T16:10:48  <sipa> nobody else on the west coast?
537 2021-01-12T16:12:07  <sipa> if so, there is a 9 hour timezone gap between US east coast and eastern australia
538 2021-01-12T16:14:47  *** Anne_ <Anne_!~igloo@65-122-123-66.dia.static.qwest.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
539 2021-01-12T16:14:52  *** lontivero_ <lontivero_!~lontivero@186.183.3.108> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
540 2021-01-12T16:15:06  <MarcoFalke> 19:00 au, 11:00 europe, 7:00 east coast?
541 2021-01-12T16:15:07  *** Bitcoinr <Bitcoinr!~Bitcoinr@202.185.196.193> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
542 2021-01-12T16:18:27  *** Anne_ <Anne_!~igloo@65-122-123-66.dia.static.qwest.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
543 2021-01-12T16:20:56  <jonatack> 1100 CET is 0600 EST
544 2021-01-12T16:21:07  <jonatack> er, 0500 EST
545 2021-01-12T16:21:11  <jonatack> 6 hours
546 2021-01-12T16:27:05  *** Anne_ <Anne_!~igloo@65-122-123-66.dia.static.qwest.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
547 2021-01-12T16:35:31  *** queip <queip!~queip@unaffiliated/rezurus> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
548 2021-01-12T16:37:57  *** queip <queip!~queip@unaffiliated/rezurus> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
549 2021-01-12T16:40:19  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
550 2021-01-12T16:40:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #20915: fuzz: Fail if message type is not fuzzed (master...2101-fuzzFailMsgType) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20915
551 2021-01-12T16:40:20  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
552 2021-01-12T16:42:43  <MarcoFalke> There is also +-2 hours due to DST :(
553 2021-01-12T16:52:22  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
554 2021-01-12T16:52:24  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 4 commits to 0.20: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/a4bc4c1f79d7...f1c3c53e5f94
555 2021-01-12T16:52:25  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.20 bcb655d Ben Carman: rpc: Add missing description of vout in getrawtransaction help text
556 2021-01-12T16:52:26  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.20 d0c75ab MarcoFalke: doc: Extract net permissions doc
557 2021-01-12T16:52:27  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.20 19bcf17 Amiti Uttarwar: [doc] Add permissions to the getpeerinfo help.
558 2021-01-12T16:52:34  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
559 2021-01-12T16:52:52  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
560 2021-01-12T16:52:52  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #20738: [0.20] final rc2 backports (0.20...2012-20rc2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20738
561 2021-01-12T16:52:53  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
562 2021-01-12T16:53:41  *** da39a3ee5e6b4b0d <da39a3ee5e6b4b0d!~da39a3ee5@mx-ll-171.5.28-247.dynamic.3bb.co.th> has quit IRC (Quit: My MacBook has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
563 2021-01-12T16:54:53  *** da39a3ee5e6b4b0d <da39a3ee5e6b4b0d!~da39a3ee5@2403:6200:8876:255c:8c1d:42fb:24ab:a8e9> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
564 2021-01-12T16:59:03  *** vasild <vasild!~vd@gateway/tor-sasl/vasild> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
565 2021-01-12T16:59:06  <MarcoFalke> \o/
566 2021-01-12T16:59:38  *** da39a3ee5e6b4b0d <da39a3ee5e6b4b0d!~da39a3ee5@2403:6200:8876:255c:8c1d:42fb:24ab:a8e9> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
567 2021-01-12T17:10:26  *** Bitcoinr <Bitcoinr!~Bitcoinr@202.185.196.193> has quit IRC (Quit: Exit game!)
568 2021-01-12T17:10:32  *** vasild <vasild!~vd@gateway/tor-sasl/vasild> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
569 2021-01-12T17:12:01  *** jeremyrubin <jeremyrubin!~jr@2601:645:c200:14:91a5:d8cb:fe32:d136> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
570 2021-01-12T17:28:08  <jeremyrubin> achow101: is there a reason why utxoupdatepsbt does not fill in the witnessScript field?
571 2021-01-12T17:28:24  <achow101> jeremyrubin: it only has access to the utxo set, so witnessScripts are not known
572 2021-01-12T17:29:26  <jeremyrubin> achow101: but it does conceivably have access to *our* utxos, for which it does know witness scripts?
573 2021-01-12T17:29:40  <achow101> jeremyrubin: it's not a wallet rpc
574 2021-01-12T17:29:48  <achow101> it's a node rpc
575 2021-01-12T17:30:53  *** rex4539 <rex4539!~rex4539@gateway/tor-sasl/rex4539> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
576 2021-01-12T17:31:26  <sipa> you can run utxoupdatepsbt + walletprocesspsbt, and you'll have both
577 2021-01-12T17:31:36  <jeremyrubin> ah i see
578 2021-01-12T17:31:45  *** Talkless <Talkless!~Talkless@mail.dargis.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
579 2021-01-12T17:34:23  <jeremyrubin> so from what I can tell, it does not add the witness script
580 2021-01-12T17:34:51  <achow101> walletprocesspsbt will add whatever the wallet knows
581 2021-01-12T17:35:01  <jeremyrubin> or wait let me look more closely at what happened here..
582 2021-01-12T17:37:34  <jeremyrubin> somehow I ended up with a corrupt psbt
583 2021-01-12T17:37:44  <jeremyrubin> let me figure out exactly what happened
584 2021-01-12T17:37:48  *** udecker <udecker!~udecker@173.243.88.22> has quit IRC (Quit: udecker)
585 2021-01-12T17:39:08  *** Cyberfox <Cyberfox!~cyberfox@185.26.198.59> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
586 2021-01-12T17:48:39  *** udecker <udecker!~udecker@173.243.88.22> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
587 2021-01-12T17:52:21  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
588 2021-01-12T17:52:21  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #20916: rpc: Return wtxid from testmempoolaccept (master...2101-wtxidTestmempool) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20916
589 2021-01-12T17:52:33  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
590 2021-01-12T18:06:46  <jeremyrubin> I think I may be missing something, but in TransactionError DescriptorScriptPubKeyMan::FillPSBT
591 2021-01-12T18:06:59  <jeremyrubin> What line is the sigdata actually used?
592 2021-01-12T18:09:13  <jeremyrubin> Maybe I need to rebase some changes...
593 2021-01-12T18:09:22  <jeremyrubin> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/afdfd3c8c1ce96adae11809e3989de381137fee9/src/wallet/scriptpubkeyman.cpp#L625
594 2021-01-12T18:14:29  *** lontivero_ <lontivero_!~lontivero@186.183.3.108> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
595 2021-01-12T18:15:24  <jeremyrubin> it looks to me that if the legacy provider is used then the data just gets dropped instead of written into the psbt
596 2021-01-12T18:17:34  <sipa> jeremyrubin: that does look weird... but it's the same in DescriptorScriptPubKeyMan::FillPSBT and in LegacyScriptPubKeyMan::FillPSBT
597 2021-01-12T18:17:51  <sipa> SignatureData object is created, FillSignatureData is called on it, and then never used
598 2021-01-12T18:18:52  <jeremyrubin> I'm *pretty sure* it is a bug
599 2021-01-12T18:19:13  <jeremyrubin> It doesn't come up because I think if we're able to sign the input we erase the data and finalize it anyways
600 2021-01-12T18:19:26  <jeremyrubin> but it would be an issue in certain e.g. multisig cases I think
601 2021-01-12T18:20:07  <jeremyrubin> (finalize it, it = that input)
602 2021-01-12T18:25:01  <jeremyrubin> Well maybe it's not a bug; it just has no effect. But I think in theory we should be filling this information in from a different source and writing it back to the PSBT.
603 2021-01-12T18:25:32  <jeremyrubin> AFAICT there is no path for getting the witness_script (n.b. not scriptWitness) field filled in
604 2021-01-12T18:25:32  *** sr_gi <sr_gi!~sr_gi@80.174.218.168.dyn.user.ono.com> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
605 2021-01-12T18:26:03  *** sr_gi <sr_gi!~sr_gi@80.174.218.168.dyn.user.ono.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
606 2021-01-12T18:30:19  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
607 2021-01-12T18:30:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #20917: doc, rpc: add missing signet mentions in network name lists (master...2021-add_missing_signet_network_name) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20917
608 2021-01-12T18:30:20  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
609 2021-01-12T18:31:47  <jeremyrubin> looks like passing sigdata to SignPSBTInput would be one step
610 2021-01-12T18:32:32  <jeremyrubin> ah it seems like that path does happen (sorry for the thinking out loud here)
611 2021-01-12T18:32:32  *** asdlkfjwerpoicvx <asdlkfjwerpoicvx!~flack@p200300d46f24de00e403ea479718bc87.dip0.t-ipconnect.de> has quit IRC (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
612 2021-01-12T18:33:41  <jeremyrubin> There's another call which covers it
613 2021-01-12T18:33:56  <jeremyrubin> so we can probably just delete those temporaries? I'm just curious why they are there at all
614 2021-01-12T18:35:47  *** owowo <owowo!~ovovo@31.7.59.226> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
615 2021-01-12T18:36:38  *** ovovo <ovovo!~ovovo@unaffiliated/ovovo> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
616 2021-01-12T18:36:49  *** lontivero_ <lontivero_!~lontivero@186.141.229.18> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
617 2021-01-12T18:40:28  <jeremyrubin> I'm still unable to get it to fill out the witness_script fwiw
618 2021-01-12T18:40:55  <jeremyrubin> e.g., `bitcoin-cli walletprocesspsbt $(cat PSBT) true | jq  '.psbt' | xargs printf > PSBT2` succeeds
619 2021-01-12T18:41:03  <jeremyrubin> it produces a signature successfully
620 2021-01-12T18:41:08  <jeremyrubin> but
621 2021-01-12T18:41:27  <jeremyrubin> `bitcoin-cli walletprocesspsbt $(cat PSBT) false | jq  '.psbt' | xargs printf > PSBT2` does not fill in the witness_script
622 2021-01-12T18:47:35  <jeremyrubin> even a fresh call to walletcreatefundedpsbt seems not to fill out this field. Maybe I'm missing something? But I thought this field is required to derive the scriptcode
623 2021-01-12T18:50:46  <sipa> what exactly is your wallet like?
624 2021-01-12T18:51:11  <sipa> it does look like a bug; i can't imagine that a wallet is able to sign, but if asked not to, doesn't fill in the witness_script
625 2021-01-12T18:51:34  <sipa> but it would be useful to be able to exactly reproduce the problem
626 2021-01-12T18:54:33  *** jayg <jayg!~jayg@178.162.212.214> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
627 2021-01-12T18:54:48  <jeremyrubin> yeah let me give you an exact repro script...
628 2021-01-12T18:56:00  <jeremyrubin> ./bitcoin-cli walletcreatefundedpsbt '[]' '[{"bcrt1qkgjcurnce02xu5kgyd3l3zamv548vaydv0w2ju": 1.999}]' | jq '.psbt'  | xargs printf > PSBT
629 2021-01-12T18:56:05  <jeremyrubin> or even better
630 2021-01-12T18:58:08  <jeremyrubin> `./bitcoin-cli walletcreatefundedpsbt '[]' "[{\"$(./bitcoin-cli getnewaddress)\": 1.999}]" | jq '.psbt'  | xargs printf > PSBT`
631 2021-01-12T18:58:29  <jeremyrubin> (you can skip the jq stuff if you want, just so you don't need to manual copy out the field)
632 2021-01-12T18:58:39  <sipa> and what is the wallet? legacy/descriptor? what keys/scripts/descriptors in it?
633 2021-01-12T18:59:54  <jeremyrubin> output of ./bitcoin-cli getaddressinfo $(./bitcoin-cli getnewaddress):
634 2021-01-12T19:00:23  <jeremyrubin> (apologies multiline paste)
635 2021-01-12T19:00:31  <jeremyrubin> {
636 2021-01-12T19:00:33  <jeremyrubin>   "address": "bcrt1qdczyxwznstvd9vpp58qya4c8vv2d30vxtfs63x",
637 2021-01-12T19:00:34  <jeremyrubin>   "scriptPubKey": "00146e0443385382d8d2b021a1c04ed7076314d8bd86",
638 2021-01-12T19:00:35  <jeremyrubin>   "ismine": true,
639 2021-01-12T19:00:37  <jeremyrubin>   "solvable": true,
640 2021-01-12T19:00:39  <jeremyrubin>   "desc": "wpkh([9efb471d/0'/0'/10']035bb97d5589f1a6dc4bf0b9ff0e8a2618cf0fb8217bde55c3137258463e33be2a)#fpe79sll",
641 2021-01-12T19:00:40  <jeremyrubin>   "iswatchonly": false,
642 2021-01-12T19:00:42  <jeremyrubin>   "isscript": false,
643 2021-01-12T19:00:43  <jeremyrubin>   "iswitness": true,
644 2021-01-12T19:00:44  <jeremyrubin>   "witness_version": 0,
645 2021-01-12T19:00:46  <jeremyrubin>   "witness_program": "6e0443385382d8d2b021a1c04ed7076314d8bd86",
646 2021-01-12T19:00:48  <jeremyrubin>   "pubkey": "035bb97d5589f1a6dc4bf0b9ff0e8a2618cf0fb8217bde55c3137258463e33be2a",
647 2021-01-12T19:00:49  <jeremyrubin>   "ischange": false,
648 2021-01-12T19:00:51  <jeremyrubin>   "timestamp": 1608084501,
649 2021-01-12T19:00:52  <jeremyrubin>   "hdkeypath": "m/0'/0'/10'",
650 2021-01-12T19:00:52  <sipa> that's P2WPKH; that doesn't have any witness_script
651 2021-01-12T19:00:53  <jeremyrubin>   "hdseedid": "61316b9e5b4eed5608d1492c26b449f2a307c4e3",
652 2021-01-12T19:00:55  <jeremyrubin>   "hdmasterfingerprint": "9efb471d",
653 2021-01-12T19:00:57  <jeremyrubin>   "labels": [
654 2021-01-12T19:00:58  <jeremyrubin>     ""
655 2021-01-12T19:00:59  <jeremyrubin>   ]
656 2021-01-12T19:01:01  <jeremyrubin> }
657 2021-01-12T19:01:11  <sipa> please don't paste more than 3 lines
658 2021-01-12T19:02:43  *** virtu <virtu!~virtu@gateway/tor-sasl/virtu> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
659 2021-01-12T19:02:49  *** sipa <sipa!~pw@gateway/tor-sasl/sipa1024> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
660 2021-01-12T19:03:10  *** virtu <virtu!~virtu@gateway/tor-sasl/virtu> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
661 2021-01-12T19:06:24  *** sipa <sipa!~pw@gateway/tor-sasl/sipa1024> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
662 2021-01-12T19:06:44  <jeremyrubin> Ah I see -- the documentation is sort of confusing for that, but that makes sense
663 2021-01-12T19:07:34  *** rex4539_ <rex4539_!~rex4539@gateway/tor-sasl/rex4539> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
664 2021-01-12T19:08:16  <jeremyrubin> thank you for helping me work through that -- I'll try to construct a non P2WPKH case to see if it handles properly
665 2021-01-12T19:08:27  *** rex4539 <rex4539!~rex4539@gateway/tor-sasl/rex4539> has quit IRC (Quit: No Ping reply in 180 seconds.)
666 2021-01-12T19:09:50  <jeremyrubin> I think where I got confused is (non-core, going to move convo to appropriate channel) https://docs.rs/bitcoin/0.25.2/bitcoin/util/bip143/struct.SigHashCache.html#method.signature_hash requires a scriptcode field
667 2021-01-12T19:11:07  *** FrontSevens <FrontSevens!~FrontSeve@185.204.1.185> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
668 2021-01-12T19:11:11  <sipa> BIP141 defines witness script
669 2021-01-12T19:17:43  *** az0re <az0re!~az0re@gateway/tor-sasl/az0re> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
670 2021-01-12T19:26:56  *** udecker <udecker!~udecker@173.243.88.22> has quit IRC (Quit: udecker)
671 2021-01-12T19:37:38  *** udecker <udecker!~udecker@173.243.88.22> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
672 2021-01-12T19:58:46  *** sipa <sipa!~pw@gateway/tor-sasl/sipa1024> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
673 2021-01-12T19:59:28  *** sipa <sipa!~pw@gateway/tor-sasl/sipa1024> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
674 2021-01-12T20:03:05  *** proofofkeags <proofofkeags!~proofofke@174-29-3-187.hlrn.qwest.net> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
675 2021-01-12T20:09:16  *** lontivero_ <lontivero_!~lontivero@186.141.229.18> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
676 2021-01-12T20:29:58  *** Talkless <Talkless!~Talkless@mail.dargis.net> has quit IRC (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
677 2021-01-12T20:57:30  *** sipa <sipa!~pw@gateway/tor-sasl/sipa1024> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
678 2021-01-12T20:59:51  <hebasto> wumpus: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/98c9d79d2bebbb52777696d9d4273015d1d92e66#commitcomment-45898153
679 2021-01-12T21:05:50  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@unaffiliated/luke-jr> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
680 2021-01-12T21:07:33  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
681 2021-01-12T21:07:33  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sinetek opened pull request #20920: add include for std::bind. (master...FUNCTIONAL) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20920
682 2021-01-12T21:07:35  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
683 2021-01-12T21:08:50  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@unaffiliated/luke-jr> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
684 2021-01-12T21:10:14  <wumpus> hebasto: yes that translation looks pointless, just a repeat of English source messages
685 2021-01-12T21:10:41  <wumpus> i've added the list of pulls and list of authors to the draft 0.21 release notes
686 2021-01-12T21:11:59  <wumpus> unless anything comes up, i plan on merging the wiki back into the branch then tagging 0.21.0 final tomorrow
687 2021-01-12T21:23:12  *** MickSaunders <MickSaunders!~michael@193.105.188.215> has quit IRC ()
688 2021-01-12T21:43:17  *** Guyver2 <Guyver2!Guyver@guyver2.xs4all.nl> has quit IRC (Quit: Going offline, see ya! (www.adiirc.com))
689 2021-01-12T21:50:03  <darosior> wumpus: if i have a small addition to the release notes, can i just modify https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/0.21.0-Release-Notes-Draft in place?
690 2021-01-12T21:50:22  <darosior> Modif being mentioning that -blocksonly will now completely deactivate fee estimation
691 2021-01-12T21:51:53  *** sr_gi <sr_gi!~sr_gi@80.174.218.168.dyn.user.ono.com> has quit IRC (Quit: The Lounge - https://thelounge.chat)
692 2021-01-12T21:53:01  *** virtu <virtu!~virtu@gateway/tor-sasl/virtu> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
693 2021-01-12T22:00:27  <jonatack> darosior: yes (and before the wiki is merged back into the branch tomorrow)
694 2021-01-12T22:06:58  *** EagleTM <EagleTM!~EagleTM@unaffiliated/eagletm> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
695 2021-01-12T22:10:01  *** virtu <virtu!~virtu@gateway/tor-sasl/virtu> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
696 2021-01-12T22:35:29  *** DarkHunter <DarkHunter!BerTTon@89.35.250.199> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
697 2021-01-12T22:55:03  *** vasild <vasild!~vd@gateway/tor-sasl/vasild> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
698 2021-01-12T22:55:21  *** vasild <vasild!~vd@gateway/tor-sasl/vasild> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
699 2021-01-12T23:00:58  <achow101> is #19935 rtm? has 3 acks
700 2021-01-12T23:01:01  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19935 | Move SaltedHashers to separate file and add some new ones by achow101 · Pull Request #19935 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
701 2021-01-12T23:03:34  *** DeanGuss <DeanGuss!~dean@gateway/tor-sasl/deanguss> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
702 2021-01-12T23:15:49  *** mol_ <mol_!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
703 2021-01-12T23:28:37  *** DarkHunter <DarkHunter!BerTTon@89.35.250.199> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
704 2021-01-12T23:34:01  *** mol <mol!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev