1 2021-02-23T00:00:49  *** yanmaani <yanmaani!~yanmaani@gateway/tor-sasl/yanmaani> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
  2 2021-02-23T00:01:51  *** yanmaani <yanmaani!~yanmaani@gateway/tor-sasl/yanmaani> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  3 2021-02-23T00:06:29  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  4 2021-02-23T01:00:27  <ariard> /2
  5 2021-02-23T01:23:32  *** copumpkin <copumpkin!~copumpkin@unaffiliated/copumpkin> has quit IRC (Quit: Bye!)
  6 2021-02-23T01:27:38  *** copumpkin <copumpkin!~copumpkin@unaffiliated/copumpkin> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  7 2021-02-23T01:37:27  *** side^effects <side^effects!~al|iss@gateway/tor-sasl/aliss/x-63218493> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  8 2021-02-23T01:38:15  *** side^effects <side^effects!~al|iss@gateway/tor-sasl/aliss/x-63218493> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
  9 2021-02-23T01:51:22  *** brg444_ <brg444_!uid207215@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-rxlsvubfdfptqvib> has quit IRC (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
 10 2021-02-23T02:02:20  *** TonyStone <TonyStone!~TonyStone@cpe-74-76-58-56.nycap.res.rr.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 11 2021-02-23T02:21:36  *** troygiorshev <troygiorshev!~troygiors@d67-193-140-136.home3.cgocable.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
 12 2021-02-23T02:27:17  *** belcher_ <belcher_!~belcher@unaffiliated/belcher> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 13 2021-02-23T02:28:44  *** troygiorshev <troygiorshev!~troygiors@d67-193-140-136.home3.cgocable.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 14 2021-02-23T02:28:44  *** sr_gi <sr_gi!~sr_gi@static-125-62-230-77.ipcom.comunitel.net> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
 15 2021-02-23T02:29:09  *** sr_gi <sr_gi!~sr_gi@static-125-62-230-77.ipcom.comunitel.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 16 2021-02-23T02:30:03  *** belcher <belcher!~belcher@unaffiliated/belcher> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
 17 2021-02-23T02:42:09  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 18 2021-02-23T02:42:10  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7fca189a2a9a...64343a61105e
 19 2021-02-23T02:42:11  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5e6df11 Carl Dong: guix: Add support for powerpc64{,le}
 20 2021-02-23T02:42:12  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 95990b9 Carl Dong: guix: Update conservative space requirements
 21 2021-02-23T02:42:12  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 64343a6 fanquake: Merge #21089: guix: Add support for powerpc64{,le}
 22 2021-02-23T02:42:15  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2021-02-23T02:42:34  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 24 2021-02-23T02:42:34  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #21089: guix: Add support for powerpc64{,le} (master...2021-02-guix-ppc64-support) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21089
 25 2021-02-23T02:42:35  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 26 2021-02-23T02:52:16  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 27 2021-02-23T02:52:17  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/64343a61105e...3371758af49c
 28 2021-02-23T02:52:17  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a6a1b10 fanquake: guix: only download sources for hosts being built
 29 2021-02-23T02:52:18  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3371758 fanquake: Merge #21078: guix: only download sources for hosts being built
 30 2021-02-23T02:52:20  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 31 2021-02-23T02:52:37  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 32 2021-02-23T02:52:37  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #21078: guix: only download sources for hosts being built (master...guix_selective_download) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21078
 33 2021-02-23T02:52:39  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 34 2021-02-23T02:55:47  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 35 2021-02-23T02:55:47  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/3371758af49c...1e7dd584a5f9
 36 2021-02-23T02:55:48  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa1f3a2 MarcoFalke: doc: Clarify that squashing should happen before review
 37 2021-02-23T02:55:48  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1e7dd58 fanquake: Merge #21263: doc: Clarify that squashing should happen before review
 38 2021-02-23T02:55:50  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 39 2021-02-23T02:56:06  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 40 2021-02-23T02:56:06  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #21263: doc: Clarify that squashing should happen before review (master...2102-docSquash) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21263
 41 2021-02-23T02:56:08  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 42 2021-02-23T03:20:39  *** ArdeshirV <ArdeshirV!~Ardeshir@178.33.67.192> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 43 2021-02-23T03:51:31  *** ArdeshirV <ArdeshirV!~Ardeshir@178.33.67.192> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
 44 2021-02-23T04:14:46  *** smartineng <smartineng!~Icedove@88.135.18.171> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 45 2021-02-23T04:27:48  *** sapan <sapan!460f1e80@70.15.30.128.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net> has quit IRC (Quit: Connection closed)
 46 2021-02-23T05:05:09  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 47 2021-02-23T05:05:09  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #21274: assumptions:  Assume C++17 (master...assuming_c++17) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21274
 48 2021-02-23T05:05:10  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 49 2021-02-23T05:13:28  *** braydonf <braydonf!~braydon@gateway/tor-sasl/braydonf> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
 50 2021-02-23T05:13:56  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 51 2021-02-23T05:14:35  *** braydonf <braydonf!~braydon@gateway/tor-sasl/braydonf> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 52 2021-02-23T05:20:57  *** jeremyrubin <jeremyrubin!~jr@024-176-247-182.res.spectrum.com> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
 53 2021-02-23T05:21:49  *** jeremyrubin <jeremyrubin!~jr@024-176-247-182.res.spectrum.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 54 2021-02-23T05:35:20  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has quit IRC ()
 55 2021-02-23T05:37:53  *** justanotheruser <justanotheruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
 56 2021-02-23T05:38:08  *** justanotheruser <justanotheruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 57 2021-02-23T05:55:32  *** vBm1 <vBm1!~vBm@195.140.213.38> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 58 2021-02-23T06:06:36  *** baldur <baldur!~baldur@pool-108-30-51-126.nycmny.fios.verizon.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
 59 2021-02-23T06:09:35  *** AstroDroid <AstroDroid!~AstroDroi@178.239.168.171> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 60 2021-02-23T06:19:55  *** baldur <baldur!~baldur@pool-108-30-51-126.nycmny.fios.verizon.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 61 2021-02-23T07:14:06  *** Zenton <Zenton!~user@unaffiliated/vicenteh> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
 62 2021-02-23T07:14:22  *** Zenton <Zenton!~user@unaffiliated/vicenteh> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 63 2021-02-23T07:16:43  *** rex4539 <rex4539!~rex4539@gateway/tor-sasl/rex4539> has quit IRC ()
 64 2021-02-23T07:27:40  *** rex4539 <rex4539!~rex4539@gateway/tor-sasl/rex4539> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 65 2021-02-23T07:34:11  *** jungly <jungly!~jungly@host-82-61-129-61.retail.telecomitalia.it> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 66 2021-02-23T07:35:50  *** Guyver2 <Guyver2!Guyver@guyver2.xs4all.nl> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 67 2021-02-23T07:48:02  *** rh0nj <rh0nj!~rh0nj@88.99.167.175> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 68 2021-02-23T07:49:16  *** rh0nj <rh0nj!~rh0nj@88.99.167.175> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 69 2021-02-23T07:51:28  *** dr-orlovsky <dr-orlovsky!~dr-orlovs@31.14.40.19> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 70 2021-02-23T08:05:49  *** bsm1175321 <bsm1175321!~mcelrath@50-192-147-253-static.hfc.comcastbusiness.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
 71 2021-02-23T08:08:17  <MarcoFalke> Time to block the spammer?
 72 2021-02-23T08:08:47  <fanquake> ☑️
 73 2021-02-23T08:09:19  <sipa> it is already done
 74 2021-02-23T08:25:25  *** jeremyrubin <jeremyrubin!~jr@024-176-247-182.res.spectrum.com> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
 75 2021-02-23T08:26:24  *** jeremyrubin <jeremyrubin!~jr@024-176-247-182.res.spectrum.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 76 2021-02-23T08:36:27  *** AstroDroid <AstroDroid!~AstroDroi@178.239.168.171> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 77 2021-02-23T08:39:11  *** ddss3219 <ddss3219!2ff13e8f@47.241.62.143> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 78 2021-02-23T08:39:58  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 79 2021-02-23T08:39:58  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] 4po opened pull request #21276: Update bitcoin.conf (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21276
 80 2021-02-23T08:39:59  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 81 2021-02-23T08:40:18  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 82 2021-02-23T08:40:18  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] 4po closed pull request #21276: Update bitcoin.conf (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21276
 83 2021-02-23T08:40:19  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 84 2021-02-23T08:40:38  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 85 2021-02-23T08:40:38  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] 4po reopened pull request #21276: Update bitcoin.conf (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21276
 86 2021-02-23T08:40:40  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 87 2021-02-23T08:41:03  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 88 2021-02-23T08:41:03  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #21276: Update bitcoin.conf (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21276
 89 2021-02-23T08:41:04  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 90 2021-02-23T08:49:55  <wumpus> spam spam spam
 91 2021-02-23T08:52:32  <fanquake> wumpus: heh. I just opened this
 92 2021-02-23T08:52:36  <fanquake> https://0bin.net/paste/nsxaCiHF#PmLBoAqCwaVai-q2YHbRY++8fXG1PFQuLWXaKzHNY7M
 93 2021-02-23T08:53:22  <wumpus> fanquake: hehe good
 94 2021-02-23T08:53:48  *** EagleTM <EagleTM!~EagleTM@unaffiliated/eagletm> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 95 2021-02-23T08:54:03  <wumpus> it took the spammers quite long to discover the trick with using review comments, but unfortunately they're on to it now
 96 2021-02-23T08:57:38  *** asdlkfjwerpoicvx <asdlkfjwerpoicvx!~flack@p200300d46f1aca00533dd9f79e77799f.dip0.t-ipconnect.de> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 97 2021-02-23T09:02:16  *** Guest39974 <Guest39974!~ToBeFree@217.146.82.202> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 98 2021-02-23T09:03:37  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 99 2021-02-23T09:03:37  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] S3RK opened pull request #21277: wallet: listdescriptors uses normalized descriptor form (master...listdescriptors_normalized) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21277
100 2021-02-23T09:03:38  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
101 2021-02-23T09:12:07  *** jungly <jungly!~jungly@host-82-61-129-61.retail.telecomitalia.it> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
102 2021-02-23T09:17:09  *** jungly <jungly!~jungly@host-82-61-129-61.retail.telecomitalia.it> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
103 2021-02-23T09:18:51  *** Guyver2 <Guyver2!Guyver@guyver2.xs4all.nl> has quit IRC (Quit: Going offline, see ya! (www.adiirc.com))
104 2021-02-23T09:25:10  *** ddss3219 <ddss3219!2ff13e8f@47.241.62.143> has quit IRC (Quit: Connection closed)
105 2021-02-23T09:26:58  *** queip <queip!~queip@unaffiliated/rezurus> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
106 2021-02-23T09:30:13  *** queip <queip!~queip@unaffiliated/rezurus> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
107 2021-02-23T09:44:37  *** justanotheruser <justanotheruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
108 2021-02-23T09:59:49  *** justanotheruser <justanotheruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
109 2021-02-23T10:02:19  *** andrewtoth_ <andrewtoth_!~andrewtot@gateway/tor-sasl/andrewtoth> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
110 2021-02-23T10:02:42  *** _andrewtoth_ <_andrewtoth_!~andrewtot@gateway/tor-sasl/andrewtoth> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
111 2021-02-23T10:07:30  *** elector <elector!~elector@gateway/tor-sasl/elector> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
112 2021-02-23T10:07:41  *** elector <elector!~elector@gateway/tor-sasl/elector> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
113 2021-02-23T10:07:56  *** jeremyrubin <jeremyrubin!~jr@024-176-247-182.res.spectrum.com> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
114 2021-02-23T10:10:35  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
115 2021-02-23T10:10:35  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/1e7dd584a5f9...d386b5423987
116 2021-02-23T10:10:36  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e348d7e Jarol Rodriguez: qt: Add Copy Address Action to Payment Requests
117 2021-02-23T10:10:37  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d386b54 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin-core/gui#213: qt: Add Copy Address Action to Payment Request...
118 2021-02-23T10:10:38  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
119 2021-02-23T10:10:55  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
120 2021-02-23T10:10:55  <bitcoin-git> [gui] MarcoFalke merged pull request #213: qt: Add Copy Address Action to Payment Requests (master...add-copyaddress-requestedpayments) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/213
121 2021-02-23T10:10:56  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
122 2021-02-23T10:16:03  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
123 2021-02-23T10:16:05  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 11 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/d386b5423987...c263c3d7d2a4
124 2021-02-23T10:16:05  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 19db590 gzhao408: [test] remove unnecessary OP_1s from CSV and CLTV tests
125 2021-02-23T10:16:06  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0a76a39 gzhao408: [test] fix CSV test missing OP_ADD
126 2021-02-23T10:16:07  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 158a0b2 gzhao408: Apply maximal validation flags to tx_valid tests
127 2021-02-23T10:16:09  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
128 2021-02-23T10:16:23  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
129 2021-02-23T10:16:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #19698: test: apply strict verification flags for transaction tests and assert backwards compatibility (master...test-verify-flags) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19698
130 2021-02-23T10:16:24  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
131 2021-02-23T10:27:49  *** vasild <vasild!~vd@gateway/tor-sasl/vasild> has quit IRC (Disconnected by services)
132 2021-02-23T10:27:50  *** vasild_ <vasild_!~vd@gateway/tor-sasl/vasild> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2021-02-23T10:27:50  *** vasild_ is now known as vasild
134 2021-02-23T10:33:26  <aj> jnewbery: hmm, wondering if i should add dandelion to the p2p topics or leave it 'til the next one
135 2021-02-23T10:34:46  *** midnight <midnight!~midnight@unaffiliated/midnightmagic> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
136 2021-02-23T10:39:32  *** midnight <midnight!~midnight@unaffiliated/midnightmagic> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
137 2021-02-23T10:45:54  *** nsh <nsh!~lol@wikipedia/nsh> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC - http://znc.in)
138 2021-02-23T10:47:32  *** nsh <nsh!~lol@wikipedia/nsh> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
139 2021-02-23T10:56:58  <jnewbery> aj: throw it on there. If we don't have time we can push it to the next meeting. We can also push one of my two back.
140 2021-02-23T11:00:13  <hebasto> going to add a separate developer notes for Qt specific issues; which place is more appropriate doc/ or src/qt/ ?
141 2021-02-23T11:08:32  <michaelfolkson> hebasto: I'd say doc. Where the developer notes are
142 2021-02-23T11:09:08  <hebasto> michaelfolkson: thanks
143 2021-02-23T11:09:45  <michaelfolkson> hebasto: Maybe call it developer-notes-qt.md ?
144 2021-02-23T11:09:56  <michaelfolkson> That way they are next to eachother
145 2021-02-23T11:10:47  <michaelfolkson> (alphabetically)
146 2021-02-23T11:11:04  <hebasto> I see
147 2021-02-23T11:11:57  *** Kiminuo <Kiminuo!~Kiminuo@141.98.103.212> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
148 2021-02-23T11:18:35  *** Madisyn13Rath <Madisyn13Rath!~Madisyn13@static.57.1.216.95.clients.your-server.de> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
149 2021-02-23T11:22:50  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
150 2021-02-23T11:36:47  <Kiminuo> wumpus, MarcoFalke: Hi, could you have a look if this PR https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21244 is of any use?
151 2021-02-23T11:40:09  *** Madisyn13Rath <Madisyn13Rath!~Madisyn13@static.57.1.216.95.clients.your-server.de> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
152 2021-02-23T12:11:31  *** smartineng <smartineng!~Icedove@88.135.18.171> has quit IRC (Quit: smartineng)
153 2021-02-23T12:15:18  *** smartineng <smartineng!~Icedove@88.135.18.171> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
154 2021-02-23T12:25:57  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
155 2021-02-23T12:25:57  <bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto opened pull request #219: qt: Prevent the main window popup menu (master...210223-toolbar) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/219
156 2021-02-23T12:25:58  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
157 2021-02-23T12:38:26  *** ghost43_ <ghost43_!~daer@gateway/tor-sasl/daer> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
158 2021-02-23T12:38:44  *** ghost43 <ghost43!~daer@gateway/tor-sasl/daer> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
159 2021-02-23T12:50:45  *** mol <mol!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
160 2021-02-23T12:54:48  *** mol_ <mol_!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 272 seconds)
161 2021-02-23T12:59:45  *** justanotheruser <justanotheruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 272 seconds)
162 2021-02-23T13:02:58  *** justanotheruser <justanotheruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
163 2021-02-23T13:04:22  *** belcher_ is now known as belcher
164 2021-02-23T13:04:52  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
165 2021-02-23T13:04:54  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/c263c3d7d2a4...84f6c695c6a2
166 2021-02-23T13:04:55  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c7b4648 fanquake: assumptions: assume a C++17 compiler
167 2021-02-23T13:04:56  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5e531e6 fanquake: assumptions: check C++17 assumption with MSVC
168 2021-02-23T13:04:57  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 84f6c69 MarcoFalke: Merge #21274: assumptions:  Assume C++17
169 2021-02-23T13:04:59  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
170 2021-02-23T13:05:17  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
171 2021-02-23T13:05:17  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #21274: assumptions:  Assume C++17 (master...assuming_c++17) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21274
172 2021-02-23T13:05:18  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
173 2021-02-23T13:08:54  *** prayank <prayank!~andr0irc@2402:8100:2068:610a:e46a:56ed:5797:affc> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
174 2021-02-23T13:25:33  *** stevenro- <stevenro-!~steven@2001:19f0:6801:83a:40ba:67e:5c24:ed71> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC 1.7.4 - https://znc.in)
175 2021-02-23T13:26:19  *** stevenroose <stevenroose!~steven@2001:19f0:6801:83a:8d6a:4d01:704c:29f0> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
176 2021-02-23T13:30:27  *** Guest39974 <Guest39974!~ToBeFree@217.146.82.202> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
177 2021-02-23T13:38:00  *** jonatack <jonatack!~jon@37.172.15.119> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
178 2021-02-23T13:38:24  *** bsm1175321 <bsm1175321!~mcelrath@50-192-147-253-static.hfc.comcastbusiness.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
179 2021-02-23T13:47:40  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
180 2021-02-23T13:50:51  *** rex4539 <rex4539!~rex4539@gateway/tor-sasl/rex4539> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
181 2021-02-23T13:55:00  *** rex4539 <rex4539!~rex4539@gateway/tor-sasl/rex4539> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
182 2021-02-23T13:59:08  *** rex4539_ <rex4539_!~rex4539@gateway/tor-sasl/rex4539> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
183 2021-02-23T13:59:44  *** rex4539_ <rex4539_!~rex4539@gateway/tor-sasl/rex4539> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
184 2021-02-23T14:01:57  *** rex4539 <rex4539!~rex4539@gateway/tor-sasl/rex4539> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
185 2021-02-23T14:08:41  *** tomkap1 <tomkap1!~tomkap@178.239.168.171> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
186 2021-02-23T14:09:05  *** esotericnonsense <esotericnonsense!~esotericn@unaffiliated/esotericnonsense> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
187 2021-02-23T14:24:12  <gleb> jnewbery: Could you give me a slot at the start to talk about erlay update? No discussion, just updating folks. I can only attend only the first half of the meeting that's why asking in advance
188 2021-02-23T14:26:01  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has quit IRC (Quit: = "")
189 2021-02-23T14:27:47  *** justanotheruser <justanotheruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 272 seconds)
190 2021-02-23T14:27:55  *** realname192 <realname192!~real@37.160.35.244> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
191 2021-02-23T14:30:18  *** realname192 <realname192!~real@37.160.35.244> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
192 2021-02-23T14:30:26  *** realnam193 <realnam193!~real@37.160.35.244> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
193 2021-02-23T14:34:50  *** prayank <prayank!~andr0irc@2402:8100:2068:610a:e46a:56ed:5797:affc> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
194 2021-02-23T14:40:17  <jnewbery> gleb: of course
195 2021-02-23T14:40:25  <gleb> thank you!
196 2021-02-23T14:41:35  *** realname194 <realname194!~real@37.160.35.244> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
197 2021-02-23T14:45:21  *** realnam193 <realnam193!~real@37.160.35.244> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
198 2021-02-23T14:46:17  <wumpus> fanquake: AKZ98 is a new spammer? (what a coincidence just after banning the last one)
199 2021-02-23T14:56:39  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
200 2021-02-23T14:56:39  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #21279:  scripted-diff: Regenerate key_io data deterministically  (master...2102-testDetGen) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21279
201 2021-02-23T14:56:40  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
202 2021-02-23T14:59:09  *** jonatack <jonatack!~jon@37.172.15.119> has quit IRC (Quit: jonatack)
203 2021-02-23T14:59:09  *** sr_gi <sr_gi!~sr_gi@static-125-62-230-77.ipcom.comunitel.net> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
204 2021-02-23T14:59:23  <wumpus> it follows the same naming scheme as PS113, so i guess it's the same spammer and it's coordinated somehow, we might want to contact github admin adbout this
205 2021-02-23T14:59:43  *** sr_gi <sr_gi!~sr_gi@static-125-62-230-77.ipcom.comunitel.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
206 2021-02-23T15:04:07  <gleb> Wait, p2p meeting is not now?
207 2021-02-23T15:04:48  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
208 2021-02-23T15:04:49  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/84f6c695c6a2...78effb37f35f
209 2021-02-23T15:04:49  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master faf48f2 MarcoFalke: log: Clarify log message when file does not exist
210 2021-02-23T15:04:50  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 78effb3 MarcoFalke: Merge #21222: log: Clarify log message when file does not exist
211 2021-02-23T15:04:52  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
212 2021-02-23T15:05:08  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
213 2021-02-23T15:05:08  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #21222: log: Clarify log message when file does not exist (master...2102-logFile) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21222
214 2021-02-23T15:05:09  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
215 2021-02-23T15:08:08  <ariard> gleb: I think we're trying a different schedule (21utc) to fit folks on the other side of the earth
216 2021-02-23T15:09:13  <gleb> ariard: ah okay I wasn’t aware.
217 2021-02-23T15:18:14  *** jonatack <jonatack!~jon@37.172.15.119> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
218 2021-02-23T15:19:26  *** prayank <prayank!~andr0irc@2402:8100:2068:610a:e46a:56ed:5797:affc> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
219 2021-02-23T15:24:02  *** prayank <prayank!~andr0irc@2402:8100:2068:610a:e46a:56ed:5797:affc> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
220 2021-02-23T15:28:14  *** realname194 <realname194!~real@37.160.35.244> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
221 2021-02-23T15:28:38  *** justanotheruser <justanotheruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
222 2021-02-23T15:30:26  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
223 2021-02-23T15:30:26  <bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto opened pull request #220: qt: Do not translate file extensions (master...210223-fileext) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/220
224 2021-02-23T15:30:27  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
225 2021-02-23T15:31:43  <Norrin> ariard, gleb what are the meeting details?
226 2021-02-23T15:32:05  <Norrin> its a public meeting that anyone can join, perhaps with mute locked on?
227 2021-02-23T15:43:09  <michaelfolkson> Norrin: Open to all on P2P. This channel at 21:00 UTC https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/P2P-IRC-meetings. No mute required (be respectful obviously)
228 2021-02-23T15:44:14  <Norrin> michaelfolkson Thanks!
229 2021-02-23T15:52:14  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
230 2021-02-23T15:52:14  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] glozow opened pull request #21280: test / bug fix in transaction_tests (master...2021-02-test-bug) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21280
231 2021-02-23T15:52:15  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
232 2021-02-23T15:54:52  *** stortz <stortz!bb3fa187@187.63.161.135> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
233 2021-02-23T15:55:36  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
234 2021-02-23T16:17:17  *** DeanGuss <DeanGuss!~dean@gateway/tor-sasl/deanguss> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
235 2021-02-23T16:17:42  *** DeanGuss <DeanGuss!~dean@gateway/tor-sasl/deanguss> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
236 2021-02-23T16:25:45  *** mol <mol!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
237 2021-02-23T16:33:18  *** Cory <Cory!~Cory@unaffiliated/cory> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 272 seconds)
238 2021-02-23T16:41:31  *** linkrage <linkrage!~linkrage@77-85-62-127.ip.btc-net.bg> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
239 2021-02-23T16:43:55  *** esotericnonsense <esotericnonsense!~esotericn@unaffiliated/esotericnonsense> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
240 2021-02-23T16:44:25  *** harrigan <harrigan!~harrigan@ptr-93-89-242-202.ip.airwire.ie> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
241 2021-02-23T16:44:59  <linkrage> Hi, I've just compiled bitcoin-0.8.6 from source on Ubuntu 14.04 (on purpose). It doesn't build bitcoin-cli and looks like that's on purpose ? How dow I communicate with bitcoind to set a passphrase on wallet etc. - curl only ?
242 2021-02-23T16:46:26  *** harrigan <harrigan!~harrigan@ptr-93-89-242-202.ip.airwire.ie> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
243 2021-02-23T16:51:06  *** jeremyrubin <jeremyrubin!~jr@024-176-247-182.res.spectrum.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
244 2021-02-23T16:53:17  <linkrage> got it, no worries :)
245 2021-02-23T16:53:26  *** linkrage <linkrage!~linkrage@77-85-62-127.ip.btc-net.bg> has left #bitcoin-core-dev ("Leaving")
246 2021-02-23T16:57:18  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
247 2021-02-23T16:57:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 16 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/78effb37f35f...a9335e4f129c
248 2021-02-23T16:57:20  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 87a9794 Sjors Provoost: configure: add --enable-external-signer
249 2021-02-23T16:57:21  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f7eb7ec Sjors Provoost: test: framework: add skip_if_no_external_signer
250 2021-02-23T16:57:21  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8cf543f Sjors Provoost: wallet: add -signer argument for external signer command
251 2021-02-23T16:57:23  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
252 2021-02-23T16:57:38  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
253 2021-02-23T16:57:38  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #16546: External signer support - Wallet Box edition (master...2019/08/hww-box2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16546
254 2021-02-23T16:57:39  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
255 2021-02-23T16:57:58  <luke-jr> woo
256 2021-02-23T16:59:28  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
257 2021-02-23T17:12:27  *** Cory <Cory!~Cory@unaffiliated/cory> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
258 2021-02-23T17:23:35  *** andrewtoth_ <andrewtoth_!~andrewtot@gateway/tor-sasl/andrewtoth> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
259 2021-02-23T17:23:46  *** andrewtoth_ <andrewtoth_!~andrewtot@gateway/tor-sasl/andrewtoth> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
260 2021-02-23T17:27:35  *** asdlkfjwerpoicvx <asdlkfjwerpoicvx!~flack@p200300d46f1aca00533dd9f79e77799f.dip0.t-ipconnect.de> has quit IRC (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
261 2021-02-23T17:28:19  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
262 2021-02-23T17:28:19  <bitcoin-git> [gui] jonatack opened pull request #221: qt, refactor: rpcconsole translatable string fixes and improvements (master...qt-rpcconsole-translation-improvements) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/221
263 2021-02-23T17:28:20  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
264 2021-02-23T17:29:34  <achow101> yay hardware wallets
265 2021-02-23T17:29:49  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
266 2021-02-23T17:29:50  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/a9335e4f129c...1b045b5eef9a
267 2021-02-23T17:29:50  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ba7e17e Sebastian Falbesoner: rpc, test: document {previous,next}blockhash as optional
268 2021-02-23T17:29:51  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1b045b5 MarcoFalke: Merge #21053: rpc, test: document {previous,next}blockhash as optional
269 2021-02-23T17:29:53  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
270 2021-02-23T17:30:09  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
271 2021-02-23T17:30:09  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #21053: rpc, test: document {previous,next}blockhash as optional (master...2021-rpc-test-document-previousnextblockhash-as-optional) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21053
272 2021-02-23T17:30:10  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
273 2021-02-23T17:31:26  <jonatack> congrats provoostenator
274 2021-02-23T17:33:42  *** Henry151 <Henry151!~bishop@ns3007530.ip-151-80-44.eu> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
275 2021-02-23T17:47:06  <jb55> awesome
276 2021-02-23T17:57:09  *** mol <mol!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
277 2021-02-23T17:57:23  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
278 2021-02-23T17:57:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/1b045b5eef9a...2e8116149ca4
279 2021-02-23T17:57:24  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 584fd91 Sebastian Falbesoner: init: only use pipe2 if availabile, check in configure
280 2021-02-23T17:57:24  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9bac713 Sebastian Falbesoner: build: make HAVE_O_CLOEXEC available outside LevelDB (bugfix)
281 2021-02-23T17:57:25  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2e81161 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #21250: build: make HAVE_O_CLOEXEC available outside LevelDB (bugfix...
282 2021-02-23T17:57:26  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
283 2021-02-23T17:57:43  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
284 2021-02-23T17:57:43  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #21250: build: make HAVE_O_CLOEXEC available outside LevelDB (bugfix) (master...2021-02-build-pass-have_o_cloexec) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21250
285 2021-02-23T17:57:44  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
286 2021-02-23T18:04:20  *** harrigan <harrigan!~harrigan@ptr-93-89-242-202.ip.airwire.ie> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
287 2021-02-23T18:06:04  *** harrigan <harrigan!~harrigan@ptr-93-89-242-202.ip.airwire.ie> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
288 2021-02-23T18:09:14  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
289 2021-02-23T18:13:03  *** Talkless <Talkless!~Talkless@mail.dargis.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
290 2021-02-23T18:14:55  *** eoin <eoin!4e98f210@78.152.242.16> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
291 2021-02-23T18:18:43  *** eoin <eoin!4e98f210@78.152.242.16> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
292 2021-02-23T18:21:29  *** stortz <stortz!bb3fa187@187.63.161.135> has quit IRC (Quit: Connection closed)
293 2021-02-23T18:24:08  *** jungly <jungly!~jungly@host-82-61-129-61.retail.telecomitalia.it> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 272 seconds)
294 2021-02-23T18:29:35  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
295 2021-02-23T18:29:35  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 opened pull request #21283: Implement BIP 370 PSBTv2 (master...psbt2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21283
296 2021-02-23T18:29:36  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
297 2021-02-23T18:46:53  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
298 2021-02-23T18:46:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] danben opened pull request #21284: rpc: add the add_inputs option to bumpfee/psbtbumpfee (master...add-add-inputs-option-to-bumpfee) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21284
299 2021-02-23T18:46:54  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
300 2021-02-23T18:56:00  *** rex4539 <rex4539!~rex4539@gateway/tor-sasl/rex4539> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
301 2021-02-23T18:57:48  *** Cairop <Cairop!d51f06f8@213.31.6.248> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
302 2021-02-23T18:59:14  *** Cairop <Cairop!d51f06f8@213.31.6.248> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
303 2021-02-23T19:07:14  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
304 2021-02-23T19:07:14  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jb55 opened pull request #21285: wallet: fix doc typo in signer option (master...signer-typo) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21285
305 2021-02-23T19:07:15  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
306 2021-02-23T19:31:13  <provoostenator> YES
307 2021-02-23T19:31:24  <provoostenator> The past is here!
308 2021-02-23T19:33:56  *** lightlike <lightlike!~lightlike@p200300c7ef179100a4f011ef5e24615f.dip0.t-ipconnect.de> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
309 2021-02-23T19:37:19  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
310 2021-02-23T19:37:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #21286: build: Bump minimum Qt version to 5.9.5 (master...210223-qtmin) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21286
311 2021-02-23T19:37:20  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
312 2021-02-23T19:40:39  *** justanotheruser <justanotheruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 272 seconds)
313 2021-02-23T19:45:39  <provoostenator> I rebased the GUI PR: https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/4
314 2021-02-23T19:45:57  <provoostenator> I think it's ready for testing and some initial review, but it's still a bit rough around the edges.
315 2021-02-23T19:46:23  <provoostenator> ryanofsky added a suggestion on how to make asyncrhonous, though I might punt that to a new PR
316 2021-02-23T19:47:17  <provoostenator> I also find that it crashes on (my) macOS when I use the "make deploy" version, probably some Python environment can of worms.
317 2021-02-23T19:47:39  <provoostenator> But other than that it does actually work. Go play with it :-)
318 2021-02-23T19:53:22  *** jungly <jungly!~jungly@host-82-61-129-61.retail.telecomitalia.it> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
319 2021-02-23T19:54:52  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@unaffiliated/luke-jr> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
320 2021-02-23T19:56:55  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@unaffiliated/luke-jr> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
321 2021-02-23T20:00:12  *** criley88 <criley88!49e07d3a@c-73-224-125-58.hsd1.fl.comcast.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
322 2021-02-23T20:07:49  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
323 2021-02-23T20:10:56  *** criley88 <criley88!49e07d3a@c-73-224-125-58.hsd1.fl.comcast.net> has quit IRC (Quit: Connection closed)
324 2021-02-23T20:12:47  *** Talkless <Talkless!~Talkless@mail.dargis.net> has quit IRC (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
325 2021-02-23T20:19:11  <jnewbery> Reminder that the p2p meeting starts in 40 minutes (2100 UTC)
326 2021-02-23T20:21:25  *** smartineng <smartineng!~Icedove@88.135.18.171> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
327 2021-02-23T20:45:47  *** prayank <prayank!~Prayank@2409:4053:2d08:b361:ad7a:5d0c:7e74:e825> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
328 2021-02-23T20:46:53  *** harrigan <harrigan!~harrigan@ptr-93-89-242-202.ip.airwire.ie> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
329 2021-02-23T20:48:22  *** harrigan <harrigan!~harrigan@ptr-93-89-242-202.ip.airwire.ie> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
330 2021-02-23T20:55:24  *** EagleTM <EagleTM!~EagleTM@unaffiliated/eagletm> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
331 2021-02-23T20:55:44  *** harrigan <harrigan!~harrigan@ptr-93-89-242-202.ip.airwire.ie> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
332 2021-02-23T21:00:18  <jnewbery> #startmeeting
333 2021-02-23T21:00:18  <core-meetingbot> Meeting started Tue Feb 23 21:00:18 2021 UTC.  The chair is jnewbery. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
334 2021-02-23T21:00:18  <core-meetingbot> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
335 2021-02-23T21:00:22  <amiti> hi!
336 2021-02-23T21:00:24  *** harrigan <harrigan!~harrigan@ptr-93-89-242-202.ip.airwire.ie> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
337 2021-02-23T21:00:26  *** mariorz <mariorz!sid490@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-rklvsgzeyabamhpu> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
338 2021-02-23T21:00:26  <jnewbery> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: achow101 aj amiti ariard bluematt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb glozow gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball morcos nehan NicolasDorier paveljanik
339 2021-02-23T21:00:32  <jnewbery> petertodd phantomcircuit promag provoostenator ryanofsky sdaftuar sipa vasild wumpus
340 2021-02-23T21:00:33  <glozow> hi
341 2021-02-23T21:00:35  <gleb> hi!
342 2021-02-23T21:00:46  <sipa> hi
343 2021-02-23T21:00:46  <ariard> hi
344 2021-02-23T21:01:03  <hebasto> hi
345 2021-02-23T21:01:05  *** fjahr <fjahr!sid374480@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-wtgxofjmyomzqblb> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 272 seconds)
346 2021-02-23T21:01:25  <aj> hola
347 2021-02-23T21:01:33  <lightlike> hi
348 2021-02-23T21:01:36  <jnewbery> hi folks. Proposed meeting topics are here: https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/P2P-IRC-meetings#23-feb-2021. Current priorities are here: https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/P2P-Current-Priorities
349 2021-02-23T21:01:39  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/23 | CORS support by gavinandresen · Pull Request #23 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
350 2021-02-23T21:01:55  <jnewbery> buenos dias aj!
351 2021-02-23T21:01:59  *** mariorz <mariorz!sid490@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-nmciwajewsvvqoif> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
352 2021-02-23T21:02:04  *** endogenic <endogenic!sid145991@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-fyulhxfzswxbetxf> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
353 2021-02-23T21:02:14  <jnewbery> #topic erlay update (gleb)
354 2021-02-23T21:02:14  <core-meetingbot> topic: erlay update (gleb)
355 2021-02-23T21:02:35  <gleb> I’m grateful to all folks pushed me to refactor #18261 in a similar way to txrequest.cpp.
356 2021-02-23T21:02:38  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18261 | Erlay: bandwidth-efficient transaction relay protocol by naumenkogs · Pull Request #18261 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
357 2021-02-23T21:02:42  <gleb> I’m almost done with that, just need to split cpp/header, split into commits, and add a bit more comments. Gonna be ready in the next couple days.
358 2021-02-23T21:02:55  <gleb> jnewbery jonatack amiti I recall you mentioned you’d prefer a more modular appoach. Would any of you be able to take a look during this week, before I update the main PR?
359 2021-02-23T21:02:55  <aj> jnewbery: good nachos to you too!
360 2021-02-23T21:03:00  <gleb> I would really appreciate initial feedback on the new modularity, and I think this would also help to save review time of those folks focusing on other aspects of the PR.
361 2021-02-23T21:03:06  *** fjahr <fjahr!sid374480@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-piyhmzkmzjdkkqyq> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
362 2021-02-23T21:03:08  <gleb> It’s just that if this new approach is also not really good (for now I personally think it is good), I’d prefer us realizing it earlier, and re-shaping it again.
363 2021-02-23T21:03:25  <prayank> jnewbery: TIL aj is working on Dandelion
364 2021-02-23T21:03:45  *** endogenic <endogenic!sid145991@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-jbdkflfwulatoesk> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
365 2021-02-23T21:03:51  <jnewbery> gleb: sure, I'm happy to take a look at it
366 2021-02-23T21:04:12  <gleb> jnewbery. Great, thanks. If anyone else is willing to join john, please let me know :)
367 2021-02-23T21:04:26  <gleb> Otherwise, that's it.
368 2021-02-23T21:04:38  <jnewbery> where is it? how do you want me to leave review?
369 2021-02-23T21:05:02  <amiti> gleb: I'm also down
370 2021-02-23T21:05:02  <gleb> It's under naumenkogs/bitcoin/tree/erlay_refactored, but it's currently not ready yet, as I said.
371 2021-02-23T21:05:26  <jnewbery> I also still think PRing minisketch separately would help move things forward
372 2021-02-23T21:05:29  <sipa> perhaps leave a comment on the PR when you're done with the refactoring and want comments?
373 2021-02-23T21:05:48  <ariard> or leave a message on irc here
374 2021-02-23T21:05:59  <gleb> jnewbery: yeah, since c++ headers is merged, we can probably PR minisketch
375 2021-02-23T21:06:37  <gleb> sipa: I'm wondering if you'd be a better candidate for merging minisketch? Just realistically, discussing the code and such
376 2021-02-23T21:06:48  <gleb> Or you'd rather me do it?
377 2021-02-23T21:07:01  <gleb> Not merging but creating PR I mean.
378 2021-02-23T21:07:04  *** jungly <jungly!~jungly@host-82-61-129-61.retail.telecomitalia.it> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
379 2021-02-23T21:07:09  <sipa> i'll open a PR to fix the issue that the current minisketch tests run forever (which is unexpected and confuses people)
380 2021-02-23T21:07:16  <sipa> i think after that we could
381 2021-02-23T21:07:25  <sipa> i
382 2021-02-23T21:07:30  <sipa> i'm happy to PR it
383 2021-02-23T21:07:34  <gleb> Great, thank you.
384 2021-02-23T21:07:39  <gleb> I'll focus on the erlay part then
385 2021-02-23T21:07:56  <jnewbery> would minisketch tests run with `make check` in the bitcoin core?
386 2021-02-23T21:08:18  <sipa> they probably should
387 2021-02-23T21:08:32  <sipa> (and that makes it a blocker to not have them run forever...)
388 2021-02-23T21:08:38  <gleb> jnewbery amiti: Let's figure the best way you can help with my erlay refactor in personal messages once I'm ready
389 2021-02-23T21:08:59  <jnewbery> gleb: just leave a comment on the PR when it's ready and I'll take a look at the branch
390 2021-02-23T21:09:06  <amiti> +1
391 2021-02-23T21:09:11  <sipa> +1
392 2021-02-23T21:09:13  <gleb> alright
393 2021-02-23T21:09:59  <jnewbery> that PR is a bit unwieldly at this point. If you're changing the approach and minisketch is going to be split out of it, it might make sense to start a new PR, but you can decide that later
394 2021-02-23T21:10:21  <gleb> jnewbery: I totally agree.
395 2021-02-23T21:10:26  <aj> (+1 on a new PR to avoid all the load mores)
396 2021-02-23T21:10:27  <sipa> yeah
397 2021-02-23T21:10:39  <jnewbery> ok, we have three other topics:
398 2021-02-23T21:10:41  <jnewbery> - Orphan reprocessing (jnewbery)
399 2021-02-23T21:10:49  <jnewbery> - Peer rate-limiting (jnewbery)
400 2021-02-23T21:10:54  <jnewbery> - Dandelion update (ajtowns)
401 2021-02-23T21:11:11  <jnewbery> anyone want to add any quick updates or other topics before we move onto those?
402 2021-02-23T21:11:40  *** elichai2 <elichai2!sid212594@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-lopkrozptkoybihj> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
403 2021-02-23T21:11:51  *** wangchun_ <wangchun_!sid444603@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-wctqlxoztrxlnilq> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 272 seconds)
404 2021-02-23T21:11:51  *** wangchun <wangchun!sid444603@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-fqdszhcdxzjlowom> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 272 seconds)
405 2021-02-23T21:11:51  <jnewbery> Dandelion update sounds like it might be the quickest, so maybe we do that first
406 2021-02-23T21:11:58  *** elichai2 <elichai2!sid212594@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-gkofmiznfvtcdhdl> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
407 2021-02-23T21:11:59  <jnewbery> #topic dandelion update (ajtowns)
408 2021-02-23T21:11:59  <core-meetingbot> topic: dandelion update (ajtowns)
409 2021-02-23T21:12:01  *** jakesyl <jakesyl!sid56879@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-iztdehhgiceanbhh> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
410 2021-02-23T21:12:12  <aj> oh, i was happy for it to be the if-we-had-time
411 2021-02-23T21:12:14  <aj> anyhoo
412 2021-02-23T21:12:49  *** wangchun_ <wangchun_!sid444603@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-dywaualargxrvjui> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
413 2021-02-23T21:12:56  *** wangchun <wangchun!sid444603@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-xkvtmjtertvocryp> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
414 2021-02-23T21:12:58  <aj> we were talking about dandelion last week, and maybe have some ideas about how to do it without needing a separate stempool. but it was pointed out there was an idea to do a -lite variant, that only stems for a single hop
415 2021-02-23T21:13:26  <aj> that has weaker privacy support, but doesn't need new p2p messages or a separate mempool, so should be much easier to implement
416 2021-02-23T21:13:41  *** jakesyl <jakesyl!sid56879@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-vcdpnxclfrimarst> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
417 2021-02-23T21:13:45  <glozow> does one-hop work? couldn't you tell where a tx originates if you knew they were one-hopping to you?
418 2021-02-23T21:14:01  <glozow> idk if i'm missing something
419 2021-02-23T21:14:02  <aj> i've been chatting on twitter with gulia and she's updated her sims
420 2021-02-23T21:14:03  <gleb> do you make a new connection for one-hop, or pick from existing conns?
421 2021-02-23T21:14:54  <jnewbery> I think if an attacker made multiple connections to you, they could tell if you're only relaying a transaction to a single peer
422 2021-02-23T21:14:58  <aj> glozow: one-hop stem == pick one or two outbound peers and send your tx to them; when you receive a tx always flood it to everyone. so you don't immediately know if a tx was stemmed/flooded to you (and hence don't need different messages)
423 2021-02-23T21:15:18  <aj> jnewbery: if an outbound connects back to you as an inbound, yeah
424 2021-02-23T21:15:31  <aj> jnewbery: (you don't stem to inbounds to make that harder, i think)
425 2021-02-23T21:15:57  <jnewbery> ah, only choose from outbounds
426 2021-02-23T21:16:02  <aj> https://twitter.com/giuliacfanti/status/1362963585471815680 is the twitter thread, and has some graphs
427 2021-02-23T21:16:38  <aj> it looks to me like -lite is a signficant enough improvement that it's probably worth tryng, and dandelion++ proper is enough of an improvement on that that it's still worth thinking about if we can make it feasible
428 2021-02-23T21:16:38  <prayank> aj: I am also trying to resolve conflicts and add Dandelion code (from BIP implementation link) in current master branch. I wasn't even aware you are working on it because nobody informed on IRC, Github or SE when we discussed Dandelion. I will read the Twitter thread and DM you later.
429 2021-02-23T21:17:00  <sipa> prayank: dandelion lite has basically nothing to do with dandelion (in terms of implementation complexity)
430 2021-02-23T21:17:08  <aj> prayank: there's a link in that twitter thread to the irc conversation last week
431 2021-02-23T21:17:10  <gleb> aj: Erlay does something really similar to lite, actually.
432 2021-02-23T21:17:12  <glozow> i don't think the bip is updated for dandelion++
433 2021-02-23T21:17:14  <glozow> is it?
434 2021-02-23T21:17:21  <prayank> sipa: Okay
435 2021-02-23T21:17:21  <sipa> the bip is dandelion++ afaik
436 2021-02-23T21:17:36  <sipa> my impression from dandelion lite is that it's basically 1% of the work to get 80% of the benefits (under vaguely reasonable assumptions)
437 2021-02-23T21:18:10  <aj> sipa: looks more like 40%-50% of the benefits to me
438 2021-02-23T21:18:16  <sipa> okay.
439 2021-02-23T21:18:16  <ariard> so the model is alice initial-broadcast to bob, it's testmempoolaccepted to not let any fingerprint in bob's mempool and stems to caroll, an outbound?
440 2021-02-23T21:18:39  <glozow> i think bob floods, no?
441 2021-02-23T21:18:50  <lightlike> would it be either dandelion or erlay, or would both work together?
442 2021-02-23T21:18:51  <aj> for lite, bob floods
443 2021-02-23T21:18:58  <sipa> there is no stempool in lite, right? you just remember in the wallet itself, and the rebroadcast uses the full broadcast
444 2021-02-23T21:18:59  <ariard> okay gotcha
445 2021-02-23T21:19:06  <gleb> lightlike: they should work together just fine
446 2021-02-23T21:19:16  <glozow> what if bob black-holes it?
447 2021-02-23T21:19:22  <glozow> doesn't relay it, i mean
448 2021-02-23T21:19:40  <sipa> glozow: rebroadcast takes care of it, just like in dandelion (correct me if i'm wrong, aj, i'm going from very vague memory)
449 2021-02-23T21:19:49  <aj> glozow: you hit the wallet rebroadcast timer and do a flood, probably
450 2021-02-23T21:19:56  <glozow> doesn't rebroadcast not run for 12 hours at least?
451 2021-02-23T21:19:58  <jnewbery> can you summarise what the 40-50% benefit is?
452 2021-02-23T21:20:01  <aj> sipa: i don't think those details are really specced anywhere
453 2021-02-23T21:20:20  <gleb> black holes also can be detected and disconnected after one occasion.
454 2021-02-23T21:20:34  <aj> jnewbery: the statistics used are "precision" and "recall" which measure how likely an attacker is to be able to pinpoint the originator of a tx
455 2021-02-23T21:20:45  *** btc_thc <btc_thc!annalee@kosher.marriageiguana.com> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
456 2021-02-23T21:21:18  <jnewbery> why is relaying to one outbound peer better than relaying to 2, or 8?
457 2021-02-23T21:21:30  <sipa> glozow: that'd need to be adjusted then; iirc dandelion has a delay of just a few seconds
458 2021-02-23T21:22:05  <gleb> jnewbery: other 7 of your conns + inbounds have worse idea that it originated from you
459 2021-02-23T21:22:15  <gleb> Rather than when you relay to all of them
460 2021-02-23T21:22:28  <amiti> I think an implementation of dandelion lite would want to add logic for checking if the txn successfully relayed / a quicker rebroadcast if not.
461 2021-02-23T21:22:35  <aj> jnewbery: stemming to one outbound peer is what's modelled in the sim and paper; i don't think it's clear if there's a best value to use
462 2021-02-23T21:22:42  <glozow> sipa: sorry i meant, i think currently rebroadcast is on 12-hour-ish timer, but dandelion++ spec has a several second timer. trying to wrap my head around what needs to be implemented for dandelion lite, perhaps would need to have a timer for rebroadcast-just-incase
463 2021-02-23T21:23:07  <ariard> amiti: quite easy by probing your own mempool to see if you get an announcement back?
464 2021-02-23T21:23:15  <amiti> yup, exactly
465 2021-02-23T21:23:17  <gleb> jnewbery: oh sorry, I guess you ask about the exact choice, yeah, 2 could be better than 1..
466 2021-02-23T21:23:25  <amiti> that just doesn't exist yet
467 2021-02-23T21:23:56  <gleb> glozow: I was also wondering if rebroadcast here should happen in 10 seconds
468 2021-02-23T21:24:07  <sipa> glozow: this would be a separate rebroadcast mechanism i believe
469 2021-02-23T21:24:09  <gleb> I don't see why we should wait 12 hours?
470 2021-02-23T21:24:24  <amiti> aj: is it easy to run the simulation with 2 outbounds and compare?
471 2021-02-23T21:24:26  <sipa> because the dandelion lite "stem" relay can't insert into the mempool
472 2021-02-23T21:24:51  <glozow> gleb: I mean the current rebroadcast behavior on master, without adding any dandelion stuff
473 2021-02-23T21:25:10  <ariard> i think the rebroadcast should be considered in function of opening a one-shot for the connection
474 2021-02-23T21:25:29  <aj> amiti: the sim chooses an anonymity graph with 4 outbounds for each node, and selects one of those outbounds for relay. changing 4 to 2 or 8 is easy, but selecting more than one outbound requires code changes...
475 2021-02-23T21:25:39  <gleb> ariard: one shot wouldn't work at all, unless nodes don't do that for foreign transactions?
476 2021-02-23T21:25:48  <gleb> because it's obvious one-shot is a tx source
477 2021-02-23T21:25:51  <gleb> unless tor
478 2021-02-23T21:26:17  <aj> gleb: yeah, tor or i2p for oneshot
479 2021-02-23T21:26:45  <amiti> aj: gotcha
480 2021-02-23T21:27:00  <gleb> aj: sorry, is this relevant? Are we talking about oneshot over tor as a way to do d lite?
481 2021-02-23T21:27:22  <ariard> gleb: don't we already assume bob has an easier job to guess alice is the source if you mass-connect?
482 2021-02-23T21:27:53  <gleb> ariard: Sure, but lite would help against that even without one-shot tor
483 2021-02-23T21:28:13  <aj> gleb: i thnk the idea is dandelion-lite should work even if your node doesn't do tor/i2p at least. (people talk about lots of things :)
484 2021-02-23T21:28:37  <gleb> aj: without oneshot then. oneshot without tor doesn't work.
485 2021-02-23T21:28:43  <aj> gleb: yep
486 2021-02-23T21:29:26  <jnewbery> aj: do you need help with anything? Would you like people to review a proposal or something else?
487 2021-02-23T21:30:05  <aj> jnewbery: no, just wanted to update people on what's going on. i don't have a particular plan on what's next at this point
488 2021-02-23T21:30:15  <ariard> gleb: could you do one shot without tor for a low % of foreign transactions ?
489 2021-02-23T21:30:18  <amiti> aj: so do I have this right that your current impression that we could implement lite without any protocol changes, code not being too invasive, and get ~40-50% of benefits? what are next steps?
490 2021-02-23T21:30:34  <amiti> oh, you just answered part of that
491 2021-02-23T21:30:35  <gleb> I'd be willing to help. And as a separate thing, aj, we should see how to marry it with erlay in practice, once you reach that point.
492 2021-02-23T21:31:27  <gleb> ariard: that's something was never discussed. I see that as a measure *on top*, but I'd not rely on this solo.
493 2021-02-23T21:31:42  <aj> amiti: yes, i think that's right. not sure if more sims are worth doing first; otherwise figuring out how to be able to stem to some peers without contaminating how you respond to the peers you don't stem too would probably be the first bit of implementation
494 2021-02-23T21:32:56  <jnewbery> aj: hopefully shouldn't be too difficult to update FindTxForGetData. We've done something similar before
495 2021-02-23T21:33:25  <aj> jnewbery: i think working out the spec would be harder than implementing it...
496 2021-02-23T21:33:41  <sipa> haha
497 2021-02-23T21:33:42  <gleb> ariard: that's a cool idea to add noise against any kind of spying. But i think the problem with oneshot-no-tor is that it's success is a function of how ready we are to dos our own network :)
498 2021-02-23T21:33:43  <jnewbery> yup
499 2021-02-23T21:33:51  <amiti> jnewbery: something similar? what are you thinking of?
500 2021-02-23T21:34:57  *** Neostrada <Neostrada!~neostrada@213.152.188.95> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
501 2021-02-23T21:35:30  <jnewbery> m_recently_announced_invs
502 2021-02-23T21:35:52  <jnewbery> maybe it just works already
503 2021-02-23T21:35:58  <ariard> gleb: yeah I know...kinda some trade-offs we're hitting with new rebroadcast, more noise, more bandwidth
504 2021-02-23T21:37:11  *** Neostrada <Neostrada!~neostrada@213.152.188.95> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
505 2021-02-23T21:37:37  *** harrigan <harrigan!~harrigan@ptr-93-89-242-202.ip.airwire.ie> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
506 2021-02-23T21:37:44  <jnewbery> move on to the next topic?
507 2021-02-23T21:37:48  <aj> sounds good
508 2021-02-23T21:38:04  <jnewbery> #topic Orphan reprocessing (jnewbery)
509 2021-02-23T21:38:04  <core-meetingbot> topic: Orphan reprocessing (jnewbery)
510 2021-02-23T21:38:20  <jnewbery> This is something that recently came up again in #21224
511 2021-02-23T21:38:22  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21224 | [p2p] Halt processing of unrequested transactions by ariard · Pull Request #21224 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
512 2021-02-23T21:38:38  <jnewbery> we currently reprocess orphan transactions in the context of the node that provided the parent
513 2021-02-23T21:39:09  <jnewbery> ie node A sends us an orphan transaction, node B sends us its parent, we later process the orphan transaction next time we call ProcessMessages() for node B
514 2021-02-23T21:39:28  *** harrigan <harrigan!~harrigan@ptr-93-89-242-202.ip.airwire.ie> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
515 2021-02-23T21:39:45  <jnewbery> it seems a bit strange that we do this, and aj was proposing we change that as part of, or after, orphan handling is split into txorphange
516 2021-02-23T21:40:25  <ariard> idea would be to assign orphan processing to A only?
517 2021-02-23T21:40:52  <sipa> so that means we may punish the peer that provided parent for an invalid orphan received from someone else?
518 2021-02-23T21:41:06  <jnewbery> that seems like a reasonable change to me. We should either process orphan reprocessing in the context of node A, or in some global context (i.e. call PeerManager.DoGenericWork())
519 2021-02-23T21:41:16  <aj> today, we still lookup the original peer when figuring out who to punish
520 2021-02-23T21:41:29  <jnewbery> sipa: no, we already punish the peer who provided the orphan if it's consensus invalid
521 2021-02-23T21:41:53  <sipa> then what do you mean by "in the context of" ?
522 2021-02-23T21:41:58  <ariard> hmmm I would rather avoid global context where you can trace back and punish dosy peers
523 2021-02-23T21:42:06  <jnewbery> see OrphanTx.frompeer (https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/78effb37f35ff09733e79497bd6b06d355272d79/src/net_processing.cpp#L151-L154)
524 2021-02-23T21:42:24  <jnewbery> sipa: we process the transaction the next time we call ProcessMessages(node B)
525 2021-02-23T21:42:29  <ariard> *can't
526 2021-02-23T21:42:33  <aj> sipa: we process the tx when we call ProcessMessages for peer B at present (because the child tx goes into the orphan work set of whoever provided the parent)
527 2021-02-23T21:42:37  <amiti> I think "in the context of" refers to which node we allocate ProcessMessage time to
528 2021-02-23T21:42:48  <sipa> ah, i see
529 2021-02-23T21:44:24  <aj> the idea would be to move the orphan work sets out of the Peer mapping and into a new map in the txorphanage, which can just be sorted by the frompeer, and an entry selected from it during frompeer's ProcessMessages
530 2021-02-23T21:44:37  <jnewbery> sipa: last time this kind of change was proposed you had concerns about the fact it wouldn't be observationally equivalent: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/log-2020-07-02.html#l-325
531 2021-02-23T21:44:53  <aj> moving the orphan work sets out of Peer also allows g_cs_orphans to be moved into txorphanage and stop being a global
532 2021-02-23T21:45:10  <jnewbery> aj: I like this change a lot :)
533 2021-02-23T21:46:53  <jnewbery> my last proposal was to move orphan reprocessing to a global work queue: ttps://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19364 , but moving it to the work queue of the peer who sent it also seems fine
534 2021-02-23T21:47:05  <amiti> is the core reasoning to prevent the sorta attack mentioned in this comment: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21224#issuecomment-781741925, where a peer who sends a valid txn that activates lots of invalid orphans would take up our CPU time instead of the one who will eventually be punished?
535 2021-02-23T21:47:47  <ariard> amiti: I'm not sure the peer who sends a valid txn can be actually the culprit for it
536 2021-02-23T21:48:12  <amiti> ariard: what?
537 2021-02-23T21:48:13  <ariard> a malicious peer, if knowledgeable of tx-relay link between two peers might provoke mempool conflicts to trigger this scenario...
538 2021-02-23T21:48:47  <ariard> le'ts say you have alice connected to bob, and mallory to both of them, you send tx A to alice, tx A' to bob
539 2021-02-23T21:48:58  <sipa> jnewbery: i haven't paid attention to the latest discussion; i just hope the motivation is more than "this results in cleaner code for us" if changes observable behavior
540 2021-02-23T21:49:20  <ariard> you send a set of childrens from tx A, will be relayed to bob and stored as orphan
541 2021-02-23T21:50:54  <ariard> receiving orphans on bob side, should trigger him to fetch again tx A and thus do the work on alice account
542 2021-02-23T21:51:06  *** dbr <dbr!62e945dd@c-98-233-69-221.hsd1.dc.comcast.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
543 2021-02-23T21:51:54  <aj> (i think it's "add latency to Alice's transactions" more than "use up Alice's CPU time")
544 2021-02-23T21:52:13  <amiti> aj: ok, yeah, that makes sense
545 2021-02-23T21:52:42  <amiti> ariard: I think you're saying that an honest peer can send a parent to invalid orphans received from a different peer?
546 2021-02-23T21:52:49  *** dbr <dbr!62e945dd@c-98-233-69-221.hsd1.dc.comcast.net> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
547 2021-02-23T21:53:02  <ariard> aj: do we actually have this notion of peer CPU time? I don't think so...
548 2021-02-23T21:53:39  <jnewbery> ariard: not yet. That maybe leads nicely into the next topic
549 2021-02-23T21:53:59  <jnewbery> #topic Peer rate-limiting (jnewbery)
550 2021-02-23T21:54:00  <core-meetingbot> topic: Peer rate-limiting (jnewbery)
551 2021-02-23T21:54:15  <ariard> amiti: orphans can be valid there too, and it can work as received from a different peer but not exactly the scenario I was describing
552 2021-02-23T21:54:18  <jnewbery> Again, this came up in the discussion of #21224
553 2021-02-23T21:54:19  <aj> ariard: Mallort constructs tx A, and invalid children of A: B1, B2, B3, B4, ... Mallory relays B1..Bn to Bob. Mallory relays A to Alice. Once Bob receives A from Alice, he'll have high latency for the next tx from Alice
554 2021-02-23T21:54:19  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21224 | [p2p] Halt processing of unrequested transactions by ariard · Pull Request #21224 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
555 2021-02-23T21:55:23  <ariard> amiti: the scenario described by aj is the one you were thinking of, mine orphans are announced to alice (note they're considered as orphan but valid txn by alice)
556 2021-02-23T21:55:29  <ariard> AFAICT
557 2021-02-23T21:56:01  <jnewbery> aj: I agree. It makes perfect sense that we don't slow down processing for Alice because of transactions that Bob relayed
558 2021-02-23T21:56:12  <ariard> *are not considred as orphan (damn english)
559 2021-02-23T21:56:18  <jnewbery> *that Mallory relayed
560 2021-02-23T21:56:22  <aj> ariard: bob and alice will relay A and A' to each other, reject them as double spends, and then Alice will reject the children rather than treat them as orphans because they have a rejected parent, i think?
561 2021-02-23T21:57:01  <ariard> aj: at first sight but you can play with rbf and add a grandparent to A and A' to make it work
562 2021-02-23T21:58:02  <amiti> yeah, the scenario aj described is my understanding of the reasoning behind why we would change which peer context we process a parent in.
563 2021-02-23T21:58:46  <ariard> aj: or if A' has been announced through wtxid-relay are we going to add to rejection filter its txid? orphan parent are fetched through txid
564 2021-02-23T22:00:55  <jnewbery> ok, that's time!
565 2021-02-23T22:00:58  <ariard> aj: I should craft a functional test with the scenario, easier way to debate about it :)
566 2021-02-23T22:01:03  <jnewbery> thanks everyone!
567 2021-02-23T22:01:07  <jnewbery> #endmeeting
568 2021-02-23T22:01:07  <core-meetingbot> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
569 2021-02-23T22:01:07  <core-meetingbot> Meeting ended Tue Feb 23 22:01:06 2021 UTC.
570 2021-02-23T22:01:07  <core-meetingbot> Minutes:        https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings/logs/bitcoin-core-dev/2021/bitcoin-core-dev.2021-02-23-21.00.moin.txt
571 2021-02-23T22:02:16  <aj> ariard: we don't reject a tx until we've received it (the tx, not its w/txid), and we add both txid and wtxid to recentRejects?
572 2021-02-23T22:04:06  <aj> or rather we add the txid to recentRejects as well when we know it will fail no matter the witness. maybe that's not the case for double-spends, because theoretically there could be a smaller valid witness that would meet RBF rules?
573 2021-02-23T22:05:23  <ariard> aj: nope smaller witness valid are bounce back by current mempool logic, see #19645
574 2021-02-23T22:05:25  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19645 | Allow updating mempool-txn with cheaper witnesses by ariard · Pull Request #19645 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
575 2021-02-23T22:07:10  <sipa> jnewbery: fwiw, i think that arguments about the ability for bad latency for processing of messages from unexpecting peers is a totally valid reason to change behavior
576 2021-02-23T22:07:31  <sipa> sorry for the kneejerk reaction when this was brought up again
577 2021-02-23T22:07:48  <aj> ariard: no, i mean if you've got tx A, and want to RBF it to tx B, but B's fee isn't high enough, then tx B' with the same txid but smaller witness data might still be accepted. If you did accept B, you won't accept B' as you point out
578 2021-02-23T22:08:34  <aj> sipa: sounds like it needs a PR so we can do less hand-wavy review though
579 2021-02-23T22:10:01  *** aferreira44 <aferreira44!~andre@2001:1284:f013:e991:e5ae:4270:cdb:4daa> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
580 2021-02-23T22:16:05  <ariard> aj: okay thinking further, my naive scenario don't seem to hold but yours where mallory directly announce B1,...,Bn to Bob and relay A to Alice should work
581 2021-02-23T22:16:14  <ariard> we do AlreadyHave() at orphan parent fetching
582 2021-02-23T22:25:14  <hebasto> https://github.com/google/leveldb/releases/tag/1.23
583 2021-02-23T22:27:53  *** vasild_ <vasild_!~vd@gateway/tor-sasl/vasild> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
584 2021-02-23T22:27:53  *** vasild <vasild!~vd@gateway/tor-sasl/vasild> has quit IRC (Disconnected by services)
585 2021-02-23T22:27:56  *** vasild_ is now known as vasild
586 2021-02-23T22:30:46  *** nbdD <nbdD!~nb@193.201.175.17> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
587 2021-02-23T22:32:38  *** nbdD <nbdD!~nb@193.201.175.17> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
588 2021-02-23T22:33:08  *** boltFY <boltFY!~bolt@182.189.223.70> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
589 2021-02-23T22:33:36  *** boltFY <boltFY!~bolt@182.189.223.70> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
590 2021-02-23T22:34:44  *** ovovo <ovovo!~ovovo@2a02:29b8:dc01:1881::2e> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
591 2021-02-23T22:35:12  *** kieraHa <kieraHa!~kiera@WGPON-3952-85.wateen.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
592 2021-02-23T22:35:36  *** kieraHa <kieraHa!~kiera@WGPON-3952-85.wateen.net> has quit IRC (K-Lined)
593 2021-02-23T22:35:57  *** owowo <owowo!~ovovo@unaffiliated/ovovo> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
594 2021-02-23T22:40:09  *** Kiminuo <Kiminuo!~Kiminuo@141.98.103.212> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
595 2021-02-23T22:41:31  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
596 2021-02-23T22:43:25  *** egp_ <egp_!~egp_@2.95.74.168> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
597 2021-02-23T22:43:26  *** prayank <prayank!~Prayank@2409:4053:2d08:b361:ad7a:5d0c:7e74:e825> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
598 2021-02-23T22:45:09  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
599 2021-02-23T22:45:09  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] abdullahnazar opened pull request #21287: Create arabmarketcap (master...abdullahnazar-patch-1-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21287
600 2021-02-23T22:45:10  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
601 2021-02-23T22:45:44  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
602 2021-02-23T22:45:44  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #21287: Create arabmarketcap (master...abdullahnazar-patch-1-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21287
603 2021-02-23T22:45:45  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
604 2021-02-23T22:45:51  *** doaks <doaks!~doaks@122.49.214.91> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
605 2021-02-23T22:46:22  *** doaks <doaks!~doaks@122.49.214.91> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
606 2021-02-23T22:47:57  *** vasild <vasild!~vd@gateway/tor-sasl/vasild> has quit IRC (Disconnected by services)
607 2021-02-23T22:47:58  *** vasild_ <vasild_!~vd@gateway/tor-sasl/vasild> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
608 2021-02-23T22:47:58  *** vasild_ is now known as vasild
609 2021-02-23T22:48:02  *** dkrm <dkrm!~dkrm@2001:41d0:8:3f7b::1> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
610 2021-02-23T22:49:09  *** prusnak <prusnak!sid403625@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-etmwllgrdxlhyjsd> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
611 2021-02-23T22:49:43  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
612 2021-02-23T22:49:44  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/2e8116149ca4...587c986ccf88
613 2021-02-23T22:49:44  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master da30c1b William Casarin: wallet: fix doc typo in signer option
614 2021-02-23T22:49:45  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 587c986 fanquake: Merge #21285: wallet: fix doc typo in signer option
615 2021-02-23T22:49:48  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
616 2021-02-23T22:50:01  *** prusnak <prusnak!sid403625@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-omecvxcysclpvrhk> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
617 2021-02-23T22:50:03  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
618 2021-02-23T22:50:03  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #21285: wallet: fix doc typo in signer option (master...signer-typo) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21285
619 2021-02-23T22:50:04  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
620 2021-02-23T22:51:18  *** vansEU <vansEU!~vans@185.214.223.36> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
621 2021-02-23T22:51:32  *** vansEU <vansEU!~vans@185.214.223.36> has quit IRC (K-Lined)
622 2021-02-23T23:06:53  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
623 2021-02-23T23:06:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] abdullahnazar opened pull request #21288: Create arabmarketcap (master...abdullahnazar-patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21288
624 2021-02-23T23:06:54  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
625 2021-02-23T23:07:23  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
626 2021-02-23T23:07:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #21288: Create arabmarketcap (master...abdullahnazar-patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21288
627 2021-02-23T23:07:24  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
628 2021-02-23T23:19:04  *** lightlike <lightlike!~lightlike@p200300c7ef179100a4f011ef5e24615f.dip0.t-ipconnect.de> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
629 2021-02-23T23:19:59  *** vasild_ <vasild_!~vd@gateway/tor-sasl/vasild> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
630 2021-02-23T23:20:00  *** vasild <vasild!~vd@gateway/tor-sasl/vasild> has quit IRC (Disconnected by services)
631 2021-02-23T23:20:00  *** vasild_ is now known as vasild
632 2021-02-23T23:28:03  *** rex4539 <rex4539!~rex4539@gateway/tor-sasl/rex4539> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
633 2021-02-23T23:28:54  *** rex4539 <rex4539!~rex4539@gateway/tor-sasl/rex4539> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
634 2021-02-23T23:32:26  *** aferreira44 <aferreira44!~andre@2001:1284:f013:e991:e5ae:4270:cdb:4daa> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
635 2021-02-23T23:39:46  *** yanmaani <yanmaani!~yanmaani@gateway/tor-sasl/yanmaani> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
636 2021-02-23T23:42:34  *** yanmaani <yanmaani!~yanmaani@gateway/tor-sasl/yanmaani> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
637 2021-02-23T23:49:26  *** common <common!~common@unaffiliated/common> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
638 2021-02-23T23:51:47  *** shesek <shesek!~shesek@unaffiliated/shesek> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
639 2021-02-23T23:52:11  *** shesek <shesek!~shesek@164.90.217.137> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
640 2021-02-23T23:57:22  *** TonyStone <TonyStone!~TonyStone@cpe-74-76-58-56.nycap.res.rr.com> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)