1 2021-03-18T00:00:38  *** justanotheruser <justanotheruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
  2 2021-03-18T00:03:14  *** justanotheruser <justanotheruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  3 2021-03-18T00:11:34  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@unaffiliated/luke-jr> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC - http://znc.sourceforge.net)
  4 2021-03-18T00:11:39  *** morcos <morcos!~morcos@gateway/tor-sasl/morcos> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
  5 2021-03-18T00:11:54  *** morcos <morcos!~morcos@gateway/tor-sasl/morcos> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  6 2021-03-18T00:14:02  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  7 2021-03-18T00:14:02  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto closed pull request #21459: build: Add convenient BITCOIN_TRY_ADD_COMPILE_FLAG macro (master...210317-flag) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21459
  8 2021-03-18T00:14:04  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
  9 2021-03-18T00:19:25  *** proofofkeags <proofofkeags!~proofofke@205.209.28.54> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
 10 2021-03-18T01:05:13  *** proofofkeags <proofofkeags!~proofofke@97-118-232-73.hlrn.qwest.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 11 2021-03-18T01:21:56  *** besutome <besutome!7607a280@p3109129-ipoe.ipoe.ocn.ne.jp> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 12 2021-03-18T01:22:48  *** besutome <besutome!7607a280@p3109129-ipoe.ipoe.ocn.ne.jp> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
 13 2021-03-18T01:25:09  *** proofofkeags <proofofkeags!~proofofke@97-118-232-73.hlrn.qwest.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
 14 2021-03-18T01:47:07  *** jespada <jespada!~jespada@90.254.243.187> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
 15 2021-03-18T01:47:53  *** guaj0 <guaj0!~guaj0@190.red-88-13-53.dynamicip.rima-tde.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 16 2021-03-18T01:48:01  *** jespada <jespada!~jespada@90.254.243.187> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 17 2021-03-18T02:02:00  *** guaj0 <guaj0!~guaj0@190.red-88-13-53.dynamicip.rima-tde.net> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
 18 2021-03-18T02:02:23  *** KrazyKratos <KrazyKratos!5610354a@cpc92878-cmbg18-2-0-cust329.5-4.cable.virginm.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
 19 2021-03-18T02:05:08  *** justanotheruser <justanotheruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has quit IRC (Quit: WeeChat 2.9)
 20 2021-03-18T02:10:26  *** sr_gi <sr_gi!~sr_gi@static-57-159-230-77.ipcom.comunitel.net> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
 21 2021-03-18T02:10:45  *** spinza <spinza!~spin@102.132.245.16> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
 22 2021-03-18T02:11:17  *** sr_gi <sr_gi!~sr_gi@static-110-184-224-77.ipcom.comunitel.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2021-03-18T02:27:42  *** jejune <jejune!~clara@193.36.225.159> has quit IRC (Quit: "What are you trying to say? That I can dodge bullets?"                           "No Neo, what I'm trying to say, is that when you are ready.....you won't have to")
 24 2021-03-18T02:48:56  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 25 2021-03-18T02:48:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #20454: build: Bump clang version to fix non-determinism (master...201122-clang) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20454
 26 2021-03-18T02:49:08  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 27 2021-03-18T02:56:39  *** justanotheruser <justanotheruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 28 2021-03-18T03:00:01  *** mol <mol!mol@gateway/vpn/protonvpn/molly> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 29 2021-03-18T03:05:40  *** justanotheruser <justanotheruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
 30 2021-03-18T03:14:46  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@unaffiliated/luke-jr> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 31 2021-03-18T03:20:04  *** justanotheruser <justanotheruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 32 2021-03-18T03:37:32  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 33 2021-03-18T03:37:33  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/a9d1b40d53ec...d6e3ac89d4e6
 34 2021-03-18T03:37:33  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c180c91 Jarol Rodriguez: doc: revamp macOS build doc
 35 2021-03-18T03:37:34  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d6e3ac8 fanquake: Merge #21343: doc: revamp macOS build doc
 36 2021-03-18T03:37:36  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 37 2021-03-18T03:37:52  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 38 2021-03-18T03:37:52  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #21343: doc: revamp macOS build doc (master...macos-build-docs) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21343
 39 2021-03-18T03:37:53  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 40 2021-03-18T03:41:17  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 41 2021-03-18T03:41:18  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/d6e3ac89d4e6...bf7c22f7ff83
 42 2021-03-18T03:41:18  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1a01a5d Hennadii Stepanov: doc: Update zlib info in dependencies.md
 43 2021-03-18T03:41:19  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master bb3f79f Hennadii Stepanov: doc: Update libnatpmp info in dependencies.md
 44 2021-03-18T03:41:19  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master bf7c22f fanquake: Merge #21435: doc: Update dependencies.md
 45 2021-03-18T03:41:21  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 46 2021-03-18T03:41:37  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 47 2021-03-18T03:41:37  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #21435: doc: Update dependencies.md (master...210314-deps) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21435
 48 2021-03-18T03:41:39  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 49 2021-03-18T03:46:10  *** miketwenty1 <miketwenty1!~miketwent@136.55.84.49> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 50 2021-03-18T03:49:28  *** mj_node <mj_node!~mj_node@202.184.74.28> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 51 2021-03-18T03:51:30  <mj_node> hi all, wanted to get the pulse of dev community  on blockstack, is this something worth looking into?
 52 2021-03-18T03:52:21  <fanquake> mj_node: no idea what that is, no doubt off-topic here
 53 2021-03-18T04:01:16  *** shesek` <shesek`!~shesek@164.90.217.137> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 54 2021-03-18T04:01:53  *** sr_gi <sr_gi!~sr_gi@static-110-184-224-77.ipcom.comunitel.net> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
 55 2021-03-18T04:06:47  *** shesek <shesek!~shesek@164.90.217.137> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 56 2021-03-18T04:19:17  *** belcher_ <belcher_!~belcher@unaffiliated/belcher> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 57 2021-03-18T04:22:31  *** belcher <belcher!~belcher@unaffiliated/belcher> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
 58 2021-03-18T04:27:28  *** spinza <spinza!~spin@102.132.245.16> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 59 2021-03-18T04:28:53  *** sdaftuar <sdaftuar!~sdaftuar@gateway/tor-sasl/sdaftuar> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 60 2021-03-18T04:29:17  *** sdaftuar <sdaftuar!~sdaftuar@gateway/tor-sasl/sdaftuar> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 61 2021-03-18T04:52:29  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 62 2021-03-18T05:04:14  *** mj_node <mj_node!~mj_node@202.184.74.28> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
 63 2021-03-18T05:11:56  *** jb55 <jb55!~jb55@gateway/tor-sasl/jb55> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 64 2021-03-18T05:12:17  *** jb55 <jb55!~jb55@gateway/tor-sasl/jb55> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 65 2021-03-18T05:26:44  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 66 2021-03-18T05:31:46  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
 67 2021-03-18T06:00:07  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
 68 2021-03-18T06:02:04  *** sdaftuar <sdaftuar!~sdaftuar@gateway/tor-sasl/sdaftuar> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 69 2021-03-18T06:02:25  *** sdaftuar <sdaftuar!~sdaftuar@gateway/tor-sasl/sdaftuar> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 70 2021-03-18T06:02:31  *** mol_ <mol_!mol@gateway/vpn/protonvpn/molly> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 71 2021-03-18T06:04:39  *** treyzania <treyzania!~treyzania@paphos.tr3y.io> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
 72 2021-03-18T06:05:28  *** az0re <az0re!~az0re@gateway/tor-sasl/az0re> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 73 2021-03-18T06:05:29  *** mol <mol!mol@gateway/vpn/protonvpn/molly> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
 74 2021-03-18T06:07:41  *** treyzania <treyzania!~treyzania@paphos.tr3y.io> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 75 2021-03-18T06:31:00  *** mrostecki <mrostecki!mrostecki@nat/suse/x-nlycqglaotxrnwbd> has quit IRC (Quit: WeeChat 1.8)
 76 2021-03-18T06:43:17  *** jb55 <jb55!~jb55@gateway/tor-sasl/jb55> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 77 2021-03-18T06:43:39  *** jb55 <jb55!~jb55@gateway/tor-sasl/jb55> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 78 2021-03-18T06:54:21  *** miketwenty1 <miketwenty1!~miketwent@136.55.84.49> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 79 2021-03-18T06:58:55  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 80 2021-03-18T06:58:57  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/bf7c22f7ff83...e057e01b7b7b
 81 2021-03-18T06:58:57  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a38a4e8 John Newbery: [net processing] Move RelayTransaction into PeerManager
 82 2021-03-18T06:58:58  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 680eb56 John Newbery: [net processing] Don't pass CConnman to RelayTransactions
 83 2021-03-18T06:58:59  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e057e01 fanquake: Merge #21162: Net Processing: Move RelayTransaction() into PeerManager
 84 2021-03-18T06:59:01  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 85 2021-03-18T06:59:15  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 86 2021-03-18T06:59:15  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #21162: Net Processing: Move RelayTransaction() into PeerManager (master...2021-02-relay-transactions-peer-manager) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21162
 87 2021-03-18T06:59:16  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 88 2021-03-18T07:32:36  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 89 2021-03-18T07:32:58  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 90 2021-03-18T07:34:12  *** very_sne_ <very_sne_!~very_snea@45.67.96.48> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 91 2021-03-18T07:35:04  *** very_sneaky <very_sneaky!~very_snea@45.67.96.48> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
 92 2021-03-18T07:37:02  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 93 2021-03-18T07:44:34  *** mol_ <mol_!mol@gateway/vpn/protonvpn/molly> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
 94 2021-03-18T07:46:19  *** mol <mol!mol@gateway/vpn/protonvpn/molly> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 95 2021-03-18T07:55:12  *** very_sne_ is now known as very_sneaky
 96 2021-03-18T07:55:14  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 97 2021-03-18T08:01:49  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
 98 2021-03-18T08:02:22  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 99 2021-03-18T08:02:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/e057e01b7b7b...6834e02c896b
100 2021-03-18T08:02:24  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa2a80b MarcoFalke: refactor: Pass PeerManagerImpl members only once
101 2021-03-18T08:02:25  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6834e02 MarcoFalke: Merge #21425: refactor: Pass PeerManagerImpl members only once
102 2021-03-18T08:02:27  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
103 2021-03-18T08:02:42  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
104 2021-03-18T08:02:42  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #21425: refactor: Pass PeerManagerImpl members only once (master...2103-refactorMember) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21425
105 2021-03-18T08:02:43  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
106 2021-03-18T08:11:19  *** Guyver2 <Guyver2!Guyver@guyver2.xs4all.nl> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
107 2021-03-18T08:33:07  *** very_sneaky <very_sneaky!~very_snea@45.67.96.48> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
108 2021-03-18T08:33:58  *** very_sneaky <very_sneaky!~very_snea@45.67.96.48> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
109 2021-03-18T08:37:59  *** very_sneaky <very_sneaky!~very_snea@45.67.96.48> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
110 2021-03-18T08:39:17  *** very_sneaky <very_sneaky!~very_snea@45.67.96.48> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
111 2021-03-18T08:42:59  *** promag <promag!~promag@188.250.84.129> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
112 2021-03-18T08:47:20  *** asdlkfjwerpoicvx <asdlkfjwerpoicvx!~flack@p200300d46f036d00c1d36e0236d372cb.dip0.t-ipconnect.de> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
113 2021-03-18T08:58:28  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
114 2021-03-18T09:02:21  *** gnusha <gnusha!~gnusha@unaffiliated/kanzure/bot/gnusha> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
115 2021-03-18T09:02:31  *** gnusha <gnusha!~gnusha@unaffiliated/kanzure/bot/gnusha> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
116 2021-03-18T09:05:55  *** IGHOR <IGHOR!~quassel@176.121.4.135> has quit IRC (Quit: No Ping reply in 180 seconds.)
117 2021-03-18T09:07:03  *** IGHOR <IGHOR!~quassel@176.121.4.135> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
118 2021-03-18T09:22:50  *** ishaqm <ishaqm!~ishaqm@host-92-7-175-205.as43234.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
119 2021-03-18T09:34:27  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
120 2021-03-18T09:38:08  *** yoitsdope <yoitsdope!~Android@172.58.30.188> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
121 2021-03-18T09:39:15  *** jungly <jungly!~jungly@host-62-211-30-194.retail.telecomitalia.it> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
122 2021-03-18T09:46:17  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
123 2021-03-18T09:46:18  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/6834e02c896b...a65e772fec62
124 2021-03-18T09:46:19  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 61a0f8f Hennadii Stepanov: test: Cleanup test files in test-{security,symbol}-check.py
125 2021-03-18T09:46:19  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0fc0c00 Hennadii Stepanov: test: Drop unused get_machine function
126 2021-03-18T09:46:19  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
127 2021-03-18T09:46:20  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a65e772 fanquake: Merge #21428: test: Cleanup in test-{security,symbol}-check.py
128 2021-03-18T09:46:22  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
129 2021-03-18T09:46:37  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
130 2021-03-18T09:46:37  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #21428: test: Cleanup in test-{security,symbol}-check.py (master...210313-check) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21428
131 2021-03-18T09:46:38  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
132 2021-03-18T09:46:47  *** vasild <vasild!~vd@gateway/tor-sasl/vasild> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
133 2021-03-18T09:47:05  *** vasild <vasild!~vd@gateway/tor-sasl/vasild> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
134 2021-03-18T10:01:01  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has quit IRC (Quit: = "")
135 2021-03-18T10:14:25  *** yoitsdope <yoitsdope!~Android@172.58.30.188> has quit IRC (Quit: -a- IRC for Android 2.1.59)
136 2021-03-18T10:49:06  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
137 2021-03-18T11:18:54  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2021-03-18T11:26:12  *** El_Profesor <El_Profesor!05b1be09@5.177.190.9> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
139 2021-03-18T11:28:15  *** El_Profesor <El_Profesor!05b1be09@5.177.190.9> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
140 2021-03-18T11:42:57  *** Guyver2_ <Guyver2_!Guyver@guyver2.xs4all.nl> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
141 2021-03-18T11:44:31  *** Guyver2 <Guyver2!Guyver@guyver2.xs4all.nl> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
142 2021-03-18T11:50:17  *** Guyver2_ is now known as Guyver2
143 2021-03-18T11:50:22  *** Emcy <Emcy!~Emcy@unaffiliated/emcy> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
144 2021-03-18T11:50:52  *** Emcy <Emcy!~Emcy@unaffiliated/emcy> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
145 2021-03-18T11:57:50  *** Chris_St1 <Chris_St1!~Chris_Ste@unaffiliated/chris-stewart-5/x-3612383> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
146 2021-03-18T11:59:55  *** Chris_St1 <Chris_St1!~Chris_Ste@unaffiliated/chris-stewart-5/x-3612383> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
147 2021-03-18T12:08:36  *** miketwenty1 <miketwenty1!~miketwent@136.55.84.49> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
148 2021-03-18T12:13:25  *** miketwenty1 <miketwenty1!~miketwent@136.55.84.49> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
149 2021-03-18T12:26:12  *** belcher_ is now known as belcher
150 2021-03-18T12:37:15  *** very_sneaky <very_sneaky!~very_snea@45.67.96.48> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
151 2021-03-18T12:37:38  *** very_sneaky <very_sneaky!~very_snea@45.67.96.48> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
152 2021-03-18T12:51:03  *** ishaqm <ishaqm!~ishaqm@host-92-7-175-205.as43234.net> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
153 2021-03-18T13:11:43  *** justanotheruser <justanotheruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
154 2021-03-18T13:24:50  *** setpill <setpill!~setpill@unaffiliated/setpill> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
155 2021-03-18T13:33:13  *** willmoffat <willmoffat!~willmoffa@37.120.211.188> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
156 2021-03-18T13:50:45  *** justanotheruser <justanotheruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
157 2021-03-18T14:23:37  *** Guest46819 <Guest46819!~gx@116.227.171.12> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
158 2021-03-18T14:23:39  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
159 2021-03-18T14:23:40  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Sjors opened pull request #21467: Move external signer out of wallet module (master...2021/03/signer_no_wallet) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21467
160 2021-03-18T14:23:40  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
161 2021-03-18T14:31:45  *** justan0theruser <justan0theruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
162 2021-03-18T14:34:10  *** Landryl <Landryl!~Landryl@ns528256.ip-192-99-10.net> has quit IRC (Quit: The Lounge - https://thelounge.chat)
163 2021-03-18T14:34:23  *** justanotheruser <justanotheruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
164 2021-03-18T14:35:44  <michaelfolkson> #proposedmeetingtopic Taproot activation PRs and attempting to finalize startheight
165 2021-03-18T14:40:09  *** Guest46819 <Guest46819!~gx@116.227.171.12> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
166 2021-03-18T14:40:46  *** very_sneaky <very_sneaky!~very_snea@45.67.96.48> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
167 2021-03-18T14:41:15  *** very_sneaky <very_sneaky!~very_snea@45.67.96.48> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
168 2021-03-18T14:42:34  *** very_sneaky <very_sneaky!~very_snea@45.67.96.48> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
169 2021-03-18T14:46:45  *** jonatack <jonatack!~jon@37.164.254.128> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
170 2021-03-18T14:47:02  *** very_sneaky <very_sneaky!~very_snea@45.67.96.48> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
171 2021-03-18T14:47:28  *** very_sneaky <very_sneaky!~very_snea@45.67.96.48> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
172 2021-03-18T14:50:36  *** raj_149 <raj_149!~quassel@ec2-18-217-191-36.us-east-2.compute.amazonaws.com> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
173 2021-03-18T14:51:15  *** raj_149 <raj_149!~quassel@ec2-18-217-191-36.us-east-2.compute.amazonaws.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
174 2021-03-18T15:15:53  *** sdaftuar <sdaftuar!~sdaftuar@gateway/tor-sasl/sdaftuar> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
175 2021-03-18T15:16:38  *** sdaftuar <sdaftuar!~sdaftuar@gateway/tor-sasl/sdaftuar> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
176 2021-03-18T15:30:30  *** stortz <stortz!c8b9cbcf@200.185.203.207> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
177 2021-03-18T15:41:55  *** uasf <uasf!~uasf@2604:a880:2:d0::1bda:1001> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
178 2021-03-18T15:49:18  *** owowo <owowo!~ovovo@unaffiliated/ovovo> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
179 2021-03-18T15:51:35  *** DeanWeen <DeanWeen!~dean@gateway/tor-sasl/deanguss> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
180 2021-03-18T15:51:39  *** DeanGuss <DeanGuss!~dean@gateway/tor-sasl/deanguss> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
181 2021-03-18T15:55:43  *** cguida <cguida!~Adium@2806:2f0:51c1:5cee:e8b7:2427:f328:897b> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
182 2021-03-18T15:58:28  *** cguida2 <cguida2!~Adium@2806:2f0:51c1:5cee:c090:a5b7:3ef1:75c4> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
183 2021-03-18T16:08:19  *** braydonf <braydonf!~braydon@gateway/tor-sasl/braydonf> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
184 2021-03-18T16:09:36  *** braydonf <braydonf!~braydon@gateway/tor-sasl/braydonf> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
185 2021-03-18T16:17:27  *** setpill <setpill!~setpill@unaffiliated/setpill> has quit IRC (Quit: setpill)
186 2021-03-18T16:19:13  *** roconnor <roconnor!~roconnor@host-45-58-230-226.dyn.295.ca> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
187 2021-03-18T16:33:21  *** jespada <jespada!~jespada@90.254.243.187> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
188 2021-03-18T16:34:38  *** jespada <jespada!~jespada@90.254.243.187> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
189 2021-03-18T16:40:06  *** pox <pox!~pox@gateway/tor-sasl/pox> has quit IRC (Quit: pox)
190 2021-03-18T16:47:50  *** owowo <owowo!~ovovo@91.193.4.61> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
191 2021-03-18T17:04:41  *** cltrbreak_MAD2 <cltrbreak_MAD2!~ctrlbreak@159.2.165.130> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
192 2021-03-18T17:07:45  *** ctrlbreak_MAD <ctrlbreak_MAD!~ctrlbreak@159.2.165.130> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
193 2021-03-18T17:08:49  *** pox <pox!~pox@gateway/tor-sasl/pox> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
194 2021-03-18T17:11:00  *** pox <pox!~pox@gateway/tor-sasl/pox> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
195 2021-03-18T17:23:49  *** asdlkfjwerpoicvx <asdlkfjwerpoicvx!~flack@p200300d46f036d00c1d36e0236d372cb.dip0.t-ipconnect.de> has quit IRC (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
196 2021-03-18T17:28:09  *** pox <pox!~pox@gateway/tor-sasl/pox> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
197 2021-03-18T17:28:27  *** Talkless <Talkless!~Talkless@mail.dargis.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
198 2021-03-18T17:30:47  *** Arvidt <Arvidt!~Arvidt@gateway/tor-sasl/arvidt> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
199 2021-03-18T17:31:49  *** lightlike <lightlike!~lightlike@p200300c7ef1e930039155a25f8e4eaba.dip0.t-ipconnect.de> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
200 2021-03-18T17:36:24  <Arvidt> Any preference for having base-10 (kB/MB/GB) or base-2 (KiB/MiB/GiB) prefix for GUI network peer tab data transferred/throughput value? See https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/248 Would be thankful to get some feedback.
201 2021-03-18T17:39:53  <luke-jr> Arvidt: base 10 sucks ;)
202 2021-03-18T17:40:32  <hebasto> luke-jr: what reasons for?
203 2021-03-18T17:40:53  <luke-jr> hebasto: 10 is a multiple of 5 and 2
204 2021-03-18T17:41:38  <luke-jr> but more importantly, networks tend to use base-1024 measurements
205 2021-03-18T17:42:20  <sipa> my gigabit ethernet does 1000000000 bits/s
206 2021-03-18T17:42:31  <luke-jr> sipa: it does? :o
207 2021-03-18T17:42:36  <sipa> yes
208 2021-03-18T17:42:55  <luke-jr> hmm
209 2021-03-18T17:42:58  <sipa> all network stuff is 1000-based, as far as i know'
210 2021-03-18T17:43:16  <sipa> only disk sizes use 1024-based units conventionally
211 2021-03-18T17:43:21  <sipa> or on-disk sizes
212 2021-03-18T17:43:26  <luke-jr> RAM typically does even now
213 2021-03-18T17:43:40  <sipa> that's true, RAM is also typically 1024-based
214 2021-03-18T17:44:49  <luke-jr> well, decimal still sucks, but we should match what other stuff does
215 2021-03-18T17:44:59  <luke-jr> eg, torrent clients, browsers, etc
216 2021-03-18T17:55:11  <jeremyrubin> can we use nats?
217 2021-03-18T17:56:00  <jeremyrubin> I think the thing with the MiB MB is it's always "close enough" if you mix em up
218 2021-03-18T17:56:22  <sipa> it's 7.3% off!
219 2021-03-18T17:59:37  <jeremyrubin> I think that's why people get away with confusing labeling
220 2021-03-18T18:00:23  <sipa> once you get to peta/pebi it's a 12.6% difference
221 2021-03-18T18:00:32  <jeremyrubin> you should file a CFPB complaint :)
222 2021-03-18T18:01:05  <sipa> child for parent bays?
223 2021-03-18T18:02:28  <jeremyrubin> I guess CFPB only does financial fraud
224 2021-03-18T18:02:32  <jeremyrubin> anyways off topic
225 2021-03-18T18:13:22  *** spinza <spinza!~spin@102.132.245.16> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
226 2021-03-18T18:19:29  *** jungly <jungly!~jungly@host-62-211-30-194.retail.telecomitalia.it> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
227 2021-03-18T18:26:17  <Arvidt> OK I just left the 1000-based prefixes then and just corrected the divisor from 1024 to 1000. Thanks for Your feedback
228 2021-03-18T18:29:06  *** stortz <stortz!c8b9cbcf@200.185.203.207> has quit IRC (Quit: Connection closed)
229 2021-03-18T18:29:30  * luke-jr proposes using 1024-based units when it is a good thing, and 1000-based units when it is bad or a cost :P
230 2021-03-18T18:29:42  *** rex4539 <rex4539!~rex4539@gateway/tor-sasl/rex4539> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
231 2021-03-18T18:30:50  *** rex4539 <rex4539!~rex4539@gateway/tor-sasl/rex4539> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
232 2021-03-18T18:32:14  *** rex4539 <rex4539!~rex4539@gateway/tor-sasl/rex4539> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
233 2021-03-18T18:35:42  *** larryruane_ <larryruane_!uid473749@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-etkneexubbqqgdwq> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
234 2021-03-18T18:43:01  *** kvaciral <kvaciral!~kvaciral@212.8.251.11> has quit IRC (Quit: Lost terminal)
235 2021-03-18T18:55:14  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
236 2021-03-18T18:55:50  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
237 2021-03-18T18:58:51  *** kvaciral <kvaciral!~kvaciral@212.8.251.11> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
238 2021-03-18T19:00:33  <Arvidt> The good thing with binary prefix is that one can be pretty sure the programmers are aware of the complex and (hopefully) knew what they have programmed
239 2021-03-18T19:00:43  <jnewbery> meet?
240 2021-03-18T19:00:46  <wumpus> #startmeeting
241 2021-03-18T19:00:46  <core-meetingbot> Meeting started Thu Mar 18 19:00:46 2021 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
242 2021-03-18T19:00:46  <core-meetingbot> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
243 2021-03-18T19:00:51  <achow101> hi
244 2021-03-18T19:00:54  <jnewbery> hi
245 2021-03-18T19:00:55  <amiti> hi
246 2021-03-18T19:00:55  <sipa> hi
247 2021-03-18T19:00:57  <fjahr> hi
248 2021-03-18T19:00:57  <michaelfolkson> hi
249 2021-03-18T19:00:57  <hebasto> hi
250 2021-03-18T19:01:11  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: achow101 aj amiti ariard bluematt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb glozow gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball morcos nehan NicolasDorier paveljanik
251 2021-03-18T19:01:13  <wumpus> petertodd phantomcircuit promag provoostenator ryanofsky sdaftuar sipa vasild wumpus
252 2021-03-18T19:01:22  <glozow> hi
253 2021-03-18T19:01:26  <meshcollider> hi
254 2021-03-18T19:01:38  <wumpus> no proposed meeting topics in http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt
255 2021-03-18T19:01:55  <michaelfolkson> I proposed one. Did I do it wrong? :)
256 2021-03-18T19:01:58  <wumpus> (fwiw: you can propose meeting topics with #proposedmeetingtopic during the week)
257 2021-03-18T19:02:07  <wumpus> michaelfolkson: oh? maybe overlooked it
258 2021-03-18T19:02:12  <jeremyrubin> hi
259 2021-03-18T19:02:28  <luke-jr> hi
260 2021-03-18T19:02:30  <wumpus> ah yes
261 2021-03-18T19:02:38  <dongcarl> hi
262 2021-03-18T19:02:46  <luke-jr> [14:35:46] <michaelfolkson> #proposedmeetingtopic Taproot activation PRs and attempting to finalize startheight
263 2021-03-18T19:02:48  <wumpus> Taproot activation PRs and attempting to finalize startheight (michaelfolkson)
264 2021-03-18T19:02:50  <jonatack> hi
265 2021-03-18T19:03:04  <wumpus> luke-jr: yes it was the last line, after a lot of spam, which is why i missed it sorry
266 2021-03-18T19:03:18  <wumpus> any last minute topic proposals?
267 2021-03-18T19:03:35  *** OP_NOP <OP_NOP!OP_NOP@gateway/vpn/privateinternetaccess/opnop/x-41418994> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
268 2021-03-18T19:03:54  <wumpus> #topic High priority for review
269 2021-03-18T19:03:55  <core-meetingbot> topic: High priority for review
270 2021-03-18T19:04:11  <achow101> #21392 for me
271 2021-03-18T19:04:14  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21392 | Implement BIP 8 based Speedy Trial activation by achow101 · Pull Request #21392 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
272 2021-03-18T19:04:28  <wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8   8 blockers, 2 chasing concept ACKs right now
273 2021-03-18T19:04:32  <sipa> i think #20861 is ready for merge
274 2021-03-18T19:04:35  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20861 | BIP 350: Implement Bech32m and use it for v1+ segwit addresses by sipa · Pull Request #20861 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
275 2021-03-18T19:05:09  <dongcarl> Not enough to be a meeting topic but would like to give a quick Guix update once the meeting's over
276 2021-03-18T19:05:37  <jnewbery> sipa: I agree
277 2021-03-18T19:05:45  <wumpus> achow101: 21392 addded
278 2021-03-18T19:05:53  <wumpus> sipa: good to know! will take a look
279 2021-03-18T19:05:56  <jonatack> review beg for #20197
280 2021-03-18T19:05:59  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20197 | p2p: protect onions in AttemptToEvictConnection(), add eviction protection test coverage by jonatack · Pull Request #20197 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
281 2021-03-18T19:06:28  <jonatack> repeated ACK by vasild and numerous concept acks
282 2021-03-18T19:06:42  <sipa> jnewbery: will have a look
283 2021-03-18T19:06:45  <sipa> eh
284 2021-03-18T19:06:49  <sipa> jonatack: ^
285 2021-03-18T19:06:57  <jonatack> sipa: ty!
286 2021-03-18T19:07:03  <wumpus> jonatack: will have a look too
287 2021-03-18T19:07:59  <wumpus> any more suggestions for additions/removals?
288 2021-03-18T19:09:07  <wumpus> #topic Taproot activation PRs and attempting to finalize startheight (michaelfolkson)
289 2021-03-18T19:09:07  <core-meetingbot> topic: Taproot activation PRs and attempting to finalize startheight (michaelfolkson)
290 2021-03-18T19:09:47  <michaelfolkson> Ok cool. So after a torturous process of many weeks (which none of us have enjoyed) I think (!) we are close on Taproot activation
291 2021-03-18T19:10:25  <michaelfolkson> achow101 has already linked to his PR implementing Speedy Trial
292 2021-03-18T19:10:28  *** willcl_ark <willcl_ark!~quassel@unaffiliated/willcl-ark/x-8282106> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
293 2021-03-18T19:10:49  <michaelfolkson> aj has an alternative PR https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21377
294 2021-03-18T19:11:31  <michaelfolkson> Now there is obviously the added complication of needing to finalize a startheight
295 2021-03-18T19:11:41  <wumpus> any specific reason to have competing PRs?
296 2021-03-18T19:12:01  <achow101> 21377 uses the MTP start and timeouts, 21392 uses height
297 2021-03-18T19:12:10  *** openoms_ <openoms_!~quassel@91.132.136.76> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
298 2021-03-18T19:12:15  *** openoms <openoms!~quassel@91.132.136.76> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
299 2021-03-18T19:12:16  <michaelfolkson> aj PR changes less code, uses existing BIP 9 code
300 2021-03-18T19:12:47  *** willcl_ark <willcl_ark!~quassel@unaffiliated/willcl-ark/x-8282106> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
301 2021-03-18T19:12:47  <wumpus> right, thanks
302 2021-03-18T19:13:09  <michaelfolkson> There is an added complication that some people seem not like to BIP 8 and so trying to get around using it (I think but I could be wrong)
303 2021-03-18T19:13:27  <michaelfolkson> That is a sense I get (which some people have told me is wrong)
304 2021-03-18T19:14:07  <michaelfolkson> Speedy Trial doesn't have a relaxed proposed timetable
305 2021-03-18T19:14:13  <achow101> people seem to not like some aspects of BIP 8, but the change to heights is generally seen to be a good change
306 2021-03-18T19:14:25  <michaelfolkson> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2021-March/018594.html
307 2021-03-18T19:14:30  <luke-jr> ST would be very controversial with MTP, or without a clear documentation/disclaimer
308 2021-03-18T19:14:34  <michaelfolkson> Those are proposed dates
309 2021-03-18T19:15:03  <achow101> no one is trying to "get around using BIP 8" because they don't like it. 21377 exists because it is a minimal change, not because MTP is better or that heights are bad.
310 2021-03-18T19:15:13  <michaelfolkson> So we don't have much time to work with if we are going to keep to that proposed timetable
311 2021-03-18T19:15:37  <michaelfolkson> achow101: I've got the sense that it is more than that (but as I said I've been corrected)
312 2021-03-18T19:16:09  <jeremyrubin> I think that ST with MTP is only really controversial with activate MTP, not activate height
313 2021-03-18T19:16:18  <achow101> michaelfolkson: the objections I've seen have been to the lockinontimeout parameter. please don't generalize that to disliking the entirety of bip 8
314 2021-03-18T19:16:35  <jeremyrubin> It's really easy to get around the signaling periods issue by targetting a mid-signal period activate height and time
315 2021-03-18T19:16:41  <michaelfolkson> achow101: Right but lockinontimeout is in BIP 8
316 2021-03-18T19:16:50  <jeremyrubin> given the short timetable, mining drift will likely be minimal
317 2021-03-18T19:17:12  <michaelfolkson> achow101: So that seems to be the only reason for disliking BIP 8 (at least in my view)
318 2021-03-18T19:17:19  <luke-jr> achow101's proposal seems the least controversial at the moment
319 2021-03-18T19:17:20  <jeremyrubin> s/activate height and time/start,end height and time/
320 2021-03-18T19:17:45  <michaelfolkson> A startheight of May 1st was proposed which doesn't leave much time
321 2021-03-18T19:17:58  <luke-jr> michaelfolkson: it's for signalling, not activation
322 2021-03-18T19:18:06  <achow101> michaelfolkson: it really does not matter and trying to focus on that bip number distinction is bikeshedding, a waste of time, and no one (except you) cares
323 2021-03-18T19:18:08  <luke-jr> a release May 1 is okay with that startheight
324 2021-03-18T19:18:39  <michaelfolkson> achow101: I don't care about it personally :) I just don't want it delaying reviewing of PR(s)
325 2021-03-18T19:19:22  <jeremyrubin> To restate more clearly: The main reason to prefer Achow's w/ start height and time is to fix the issue of a known number of singalling periods by using heights and not times. The main reason to prefer AJ's is smaller diff. Either will work. Because of the 3 month period proposed, we can likely set times so that we have a known number of periods with high confidence.
326 2021-03-18T19:19:42  <jeremyrubin> I don't have a preference either way
327 2021-03-18T19:19:56  <achow101> jeremyrubin: note that 21377 has changed to using an activation height. It only uses MTP for start and timeout time
328 2021-03-18T19:20:10  <jeremyrubin> Yep!
329 2021-03-18T19:20:18  <michaelfolkson> luke-jr: Assuming. a release of May 1 when does the PR need to be merged by?
330 2021-03-18T19:20:39  <michaelfolkson> I'm kind of in the dark on whether the proposed startheight of May 1st is doable
331 2021-03-18T19:20:45  <luke-jr> michaelfolkson: typically there's at least 1 week of a RC
332 2021-03-18T19:21:11  <luke-jr> add a few days to backport I guess
333 2021-03-18T19:21:15  <achow101> Note that the windows signing certificate expires next week. I'm in the process of renewing it currently, but it's a process that takes some time
334 2021-03-18T19:21:23  <jeremyrubin> achow101: my point about known periods is just that if you pick start/end heights that are mid-signaling period there's unlikely to be enough drift to cause an off-by-one in intended # of singaling. I agree that height is superior in general.
335 2021-03-18T19:21:25  <michaelfolkson> And what needs to be done in advance of May 1st. Lots of communication to mining pools, users etc?
336 2021-03-18T19:21:32  <achow101> so any future release will need to wait for that cert to be renewed
337 2021-03-18T19:21:37  <jeremyrubin> and activationheight is agreed on across both proposals
338 2021-03-18T19:21:39  <luke-jr> michaelfolkson: ST is okay because it's okay if ST fails
339 2021-03-18T19:21:55  <wumpus> achow101: good to know
340 2021-03-18T19:22:04  <michaelfolkson> luke-jr: Right but we want to give it as good chance as we can to succeed
341 2021-03-18T19:22:16  <michaelfolkson> Releasing quietly and waiting until it fails shouldn't be the plan
342 2021-03-18T19:22:29  <wumpus> achow101: i guess we have no releases planned immediately so given it cawn be resolved in a month or so it's no big deal
343 2021-03-18T19:22:43  <jeremyrubin> I don't think we should wait for a windows signing cert personally -- I don't like the notion of Microsoft being in the way of bitcoin development
344 2021-03-18T19:23:07  <achow101> jeremyrubin: I expect I'll have it resolved by the time we're ready to make a release anyways
345 2021-03-18T19:23:22  <wumpus> jeremyrubin: that doesn't seem to be the case at all
346 2021-03-18T19:23:22  <meshcollider> Is this going to be 21.1 release, not 22?
347 2021-03-18T19:23:33  <luke-jr> jeremyrubin: we could always publish the unsigned binaries, but it'd be better to not have an odd release
348 2021-03-18T19:24:20  <wumpus> not codesigning it will probably hinder adoption i think that would be even worse and besides there is no real hurry
349 2021-03-18T19:24:26  <michaelfolkson> Normally competing PRs is good, gives a chance for people to pursue different approaches. Given the short timetable I'm not sure if this is as important for this. But obviously not going to ask people to only review one PR
350 2021-03-18T19:25:05  <jeremyrubin> sure, i just don't think we should ever be in a position that we delay anything due to a third party vendor -- if signing binaries with MSFT approval opens us up to coercion, we should probably plan to deprecate that sort of signing. Let's not discuss further in this meeting though
351 2021-03-18T19:25:46  <wumpus> please
352 2021-03-18T19:26:17  <wumpus> there is no talk of coercion at all here, if there was i'd agree with you ,for now we have enough real issues let's not make up any
353 2021-03-18T19:26:41  <achow101> in order to make the May 1st start time, I think we should get 0.21.1 by April 24th at the latest
354 2021-03-18T19:26:52  <wumpus> right
355 2021-03-18T19:26:53  <michaelfolkson> If we are going to change the proposed timetable I personally think that is ok but I can't speak for certain with all the ACKers on this if it changes *substantially* https://gist.github.com/michaelfolkson/92899f27f1ab30aa2ebee82314f8fe7f
356 2021-03-18T19:27:25  <michaelfolkson> But it sounds like May 1st is doable which is great
357 2021-03-18T19:27:31  <achow101> For 2 RCs, we need to get everything in by April 10th
358 2021-03-18T19:27:57  <jeremyrubin> michaelfolkson: I don't see any concrete dates there?
359 2021-03-18T19:28:06  <jeremyrubin> so I don't know what people are ACKing w.r.t. a timeline
360 2021-03-18T19:28:13  <michaelfolkson> If anyone has concerns though about this timetable please raise them. Personally I think a delay of a few weeks would be ok
361 2021-03-18T19:28:16  <achow101> Since this requires backport, I think having the PRs merged to master by April 3rd is the latest
362 2021-03-18T19:28:27  <achow101> then a week for backport
363 2021-03-18T19:28:35  <achow101> then RC1 and so on
364 2021-03-18T19:28:43  <michaelfolkson> jeremyrubin: They are ACKing the proposal
365 2021-03-18T19:28:52  <wumpus> so the real bottleneck  is trusting the code enough to merge it (including the backport), it is better to not split reviewers over multiple PRs if possible
366 2021-03-18T19:29:20  <achow101> indeed
367 2021-03-18T19:29:26  <wumpus> maybe two competing approaches is fine but let's not open more :-)
368 2021-03-18T19:29:34  <michaelfolkson> wumpus: Personally I would agree. I also don't want it to be rushed. If the timetable needs to be pushed back I think that is ok
369 2021-03-18T19:29:47  <michaelfolkson> But if we can avoid that it would be great
370 2021-03-18T19:30:01  <jeremyrubin> michaelfolkson: I just don't see a specific startheight/startime in the proposal
371 2021-03-18T19:30:04  <wumpus> aiming for april 3 sgtm
372 2021-03-18T19:30:17  <luke-jr> I opened a PR with just the height/user-facing stuff, but it already conflicts between 0.21 and master, so I'm not sure it gains anything over just reviewing+merging achow's as-is
373 2021-03-18T19:30:20  <sipa> 2 weeks (tm)
374 2021-03-18T19:30:22  <wumpus> it is short time though
375 2021-03-18T19:30:34  <luke-jr> let's aim for March 25th then
376 2021-03-18T19:30:36  <luke-jr> :P
377 2021-03-18T19:30:37  <michaelfolkson> jeremyrubin: Good point. The dates were in a follow up email https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2021-March/018594.html
378 2021-03-18T19:30:42  <jeremyrubin> michaelfolkson: so I'm not sure what timetable you think is being ackd
379 2021-03-18T19:30:56  <sipa> let's just focus on code review
380 2021-03-18T19:30:57  <jeremyrubin> Gotcha, but it's unclear that was ACKd. My read is people ACKd the general shape of it
381 2021-03-18T19:31:03  <sipa> let me know what to look at
382 2021-03-18T19:31:07  <wumpus> we should probably delay merging anything that conflicts
383 2021-03-18T19:31:12  <michaelfolkson> jeremyrubin: That's fair challenge
384 2021-03-18T19:31:14  <jeremyrubin> so I think it's fine for core to pick reasonable times
385 2021-03-18T19:31:15  <meshcollider> #21392
386 2021-03-18T19:31:17  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21392 | Implement BIP 8 based Speedy Trial activation by achow101 · Pull Request #21392 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
387 2021-03-18T19:31:31  <meshcollider> FWIW I don't think the size of the diff of achow101's version is really an issue ^
388 2021-03-18T19:31:43  <amiti> my two cents: I don't think either PR is close to being RFM, both need significantly more review. looks like 21392 is currently failing CI. If the goal is to quickly merge with safety, I think 21377 makes more sense (as I stated on the PR)
389 2021-03-18T19:31:46  <wumpus> having to rebase the PR all the time will not make it getting through review easier, after all
390 2021-03-18T19:31:53  <amiti> the diff is much smaller and mostly tests
391 2021-03-18T19:32:04  <wumpus> amiti: +1
392 2021-03-18T19:32:20  <luke-jr> amiti: consensus comes first
393 2021-03-18T19:32:29  <achow101> the ci failure on 21392 should be fixed now
394 2021-03-18T19:33:26  <amiti> achow101: cool, and I'm not opposed to 21392, I'm just saying its a bigger patch requires more review.
395 2021-03-18T19:34:14  <michaelfolkson> I know I sound like a broken record but BIP 8 has been updated and BIP 9 is "dead" according to one of the authors. So from a BIP perspective BIP 8 would be easier. I get amiti's argument that code diff wise AJ's smaller
396 2021-03-18T19:34:37  <jeremyrubin> I don't think "BIP9 is dead" is useful here
397 2021-03-18T19:34:41  <jeremyrubin> the code works fine
398 2021-03-18T19:34:50  <michaelfolkson> Code is most important
399 2021-03-18T19:34:52  <amiti> michaelfolkson: I don't think it makes sense to fixate on the associated bip number. the main difference between these two PRs are using block height vs MTP
400 2021-03-18T19:35:00  <jeremyrubin> the property that achow101's PR improves is a fixed # of signals
401 2021-03-18T19:35:11  <achow101> it comes down to mtp vs block height
402 2021-03-18T19:35:11  <michaelfolkson> amiti: I think there is consensus on block height from what I've seen
403 2021-03-18T19:35:19  <jeremyrubin> The question is if it is worth addtl review on new code.
404 2021-03-18T19:35:30  <jeremyrubin> I agree that height is superior long term
405 2021-03-18T19:35:36  <michaelfolkson> (but there are still a lot of reviewers who haven't looked at it yet)
406 2021-03-18T19:35:39  <amiti> micahelfolkson: I don't think you can claim that there is consensus on either, neither patch has been thoroughly reviewed
407 2021-03-18T19:35:45  <achow101> with mtp, we run the risk of losing 2 signaling periods. with already few signaling periods, this has the possibility of failng to activate due to bad luck
408 2021-03-18T19:35:52  <luke-jr> jeremyrubin: without height, ST doesn't have community support
409 2021-03-18T19:36:01  <achow101> amiti: consensus on the concept
410 2021-03-18T19:36:05  <jeremyrubin> But it's important to mind that for ST, it's a very short window of time (3 months) so by targetting a mid-period we have a known # of signals with high confidence
411 2021-03-18T19:36:13  <luke-jr> amiti: consensus has nothing to do with review
412 2021-03-18T19:36:15  <michaelfolkson> amiti: I'm only basing it on what I've seen in discussions and meetings. I personally don't have a (strong) view
413 2021-03-18T19:36:48  <michaelfolkson> We've had meetings with a number of Core contributors showing up and discussing it
414 2021-03-18T19:36:58  <jeremyrubin> achow101: the risk is tiny with MTP if you target mid signal periods, and only the last one matters
415 2021-03-18T19:37:10  <michaelfolkson> Deliberately off this channel so as not to block this channel for weeks/months
416 2021-03-18T19:37:14  <jeremyrubin> (is my point about mid period times falling on deaf ears?)
417 2021-03-18T19:37:38  <jeremyrubin> you would need a super large hashrate shift to happen, and then we'd have bigger problems
418 2021-03-18T19:37:54  <jonatack> will review both soon
419 2021-03-18T19:38:01  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
420 2021-03-18T19:38:02  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 6 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/a65e772fec62...8ec881d3b694
421 2021-03-18T19:38:02  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master da2bb69 Pieter Wuille: Implement Bech32m encoding/decoding
422 2021-03-18T19:38:03  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 25b1c6e Pieter Wuille: Add Bech32m test vectors
423 2021-03-18T19:38:03  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fe5e495 Pieter Wuille: Use Bech32m encoding for v1+ segwit addresses
424 2021-03-18T19:38:05  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
425 2021-03-18T19:38:11  <sipa> \o/
426 2021-03-18T19:38:19  <jnewbery> yay!
427 2021-03-18T19:38:21  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
428 2021-03-18T19:38:21  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #20861: BIP 350: Implement Bech32m and use it for v1+ segwit addresses (master...202101_bech32m) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20861
429 2021-03-18T19:38:22  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
430 2021-03-18T19:38:24  <jnewbery> thanks wumpus
431 2021-03-18T19:38:30  <wumpus> \o/
432 2021-03-18T19:38:43  <achow101> jeremyrubin: I get that, but both start and end matter.
433 2021-03-18T19:38:43  <jonatack> b-b-b-bech32mmmmmm
434 2021-03-18T19:38:45  <michaelfolkson> jeremyrubin: I think that would be a material change to the proposal
435 2021-03-18T19:38:59  <glozow> :M:
436 2021-03-18T19:39:17  <achow101> jeremyrubin: that would move the start time to april 24th, which also affects our timelin for merging things
437 2021-03-18T19:39:35  <jnewbery> is the conclusion to this conversation going to be that people should review PRs?
438 2021-03-18T19:39:41  <achow101> I guess we could just ignore that first half-period
439 2021-03-18T19:39:41  <wumpus> so summary re: taproot activation: aim for april 3 for 0.21.1rc1, review both PRs asap, please hold up merging conflicting PRs for now
440 2021-03-18T19:39:51  <jeremyrubin> achow101: exactly... it can't hit threshold anyways
441 2021-03-18T19:40:01  *** cguida1 <cguida1!~Adium@2806:2f0:51c1:5cee:41d1:9092:8e63:5d71> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
442 2021-03-18T19:40:05  <jnewbery> wumpus: sounds good!
443 2021-03-18T19:40:08  <michaelfolkson> Right, agreed jnewbery wumpus
444 2021-03-18T19:40:19  <amiti> wumpus: sounds good :)
445 2021-03-18T19:40:53  <wumpus> if we can make a decision between the two PRs quickly that would be even better
446 2021-03-18T19:41:08  <wumpus> and allow focusing attention, but obviously that shouldn't be done in the meeting
447 2021-03-18T19:42:04  <michaelfolkson> Yup
448 2021-03-18T19:42:18  <luke-jr> only one of them is socially viable anyway..
449 2021-03-18T19:42:19  <wumpus> any other topics?
450 2021-03-18T19:42:19  <amiti> also want to quickly mention #21380, adds fuzz tests to version bits, useful coverage whichever PR/technique we go with
451 2021-03-18T19:42:22  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21380 | tests: Add fuzzing harness for versionbits by ajtowns · Pull Request #21380 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
452 2021-03-18T19:42:51  <achow101> dongcarl had one?
453 2021-03-18T19:42:51  <michaelfolkson> amiti: Cool
454 2021-03-18T19:43:08  <luke-jr> achow101: I think he wanted to do it after the meeting tho
455 2021-03-18T19:43:14  *** cguida <cguida!~Adium@2806:2f0:51c1:5cee:e8b7:2427:f328:897b> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
456 2021-03-18T19:43:17  <wumpus> achow101: but for after the meeting he said
457 2021-03-18T19:43:23  <wumpus> yea
458 2021-03-18T19:43:28  <dongcarl> Just a quick Guix update once everyone's done discussing :-)
459 2021-03-18T19:43:43  <wumpus> amiti: good point
460 2021-03-18T19:44:12  <midnight> \o/ also!
461 2021-03-18T19:44:39  <wumpus> #endmeeting
462 2021-03-18T19:44:39  <core-meetingbot> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
463 2021-03-18T19:44:40  <core-meetingbot> Meeting ended Thu Mar 18 19:44:39 2021 UTC.
464 2021-03-18T19:44:40  <core-meetingbot> Minutes:        https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings/logs/bitcoin-core-dev/2021/bitcoin-core-dev.2021-03-18-19.00.moin.txt
465 2021-03-18T19:44:59  <dongcarl> Here's my quick Guix update:
466 2021-03-18T19:44:59  <dongcarl> Originally, I planned to build things heads-down for 5 wks (ending today) then do user-testing + refinement for 5 weeks (ending on April 22nd). /1
467 2021-03-18T19:44:59  <dongcarl> However, many of you were eager enough to test my half-baked scripts, and I’m actually glad we did it this way because many pitfalls were discovered and fixed along the way (see #21375)! Thanks all! /2
468 2021-03-18T19:44:59  <dongcarl> So the new plan (operation “roll-with-it”) is this: we do the building + user testing for 4 more weeks (ending on April 15th), and after that we’ll agree on a commit on which to perform a non-codesigned build and upload signatures to `guix.sigs`. /3
469 2021-03-18T19:45:01  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21375 | guix: Misc feedback-based fixes + hier restructuring by dongcarl · Pull Request #21375 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
470 2021-03-18T19:45:46  <dongcarl> I will update the umbrella ticket with this updated timeline today. This does not eat into our 4 week contingency buffer period
471 2021-03-18T19:46:06  <achow101> dongcarl: cool!
472 2021-03-18T19:46:22  <hebasto> nice
473 2021-03-18T19:46:28  <sipa> sgtm, i'm all set up
474 2021-03-18T19:46:45  <dongcarl> :-)
475 2021-03-18T19:46:50  <achow101> I'll start testing after taproot stuff is merged :)
476 2021-03-18T19:46:53  <dongcarl> Thanks again all for testing!
477 2021-03-18T19:48:12  <jnewbery> dongcarl: thanks for the update. Very impressive that you're making such great progress with guix _and_ on #20158
478 2021-03-18T19:48:14  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20158 | tree-wide: De-globalize ChainstateManager by dongcarl · Pull Request #20158 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
479 2021-03-18T19:48:28  <jonatack> dongcarl: nice! haven't dove into it yet but looking forward
480 2021-03-18T19:48:33  <dongcarl> jnewbery: :-) Hehe thanks John!
481 2021-03-18T19:48:53  <dongcarl> jonatack: Reach out any time if you run into anything!
482 2021-03-18T19:51:30  *** jonatack_ <jonatack_!~jon@37.173.214.42> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
483 2021-03-18T19:52:59  *** jonatack <jonatack!~jon@37.164.254.128> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
484 2021-03-18T19:53:13  <wumpus> dongcarl: sounds great to me!
485 2021-03-18T19:53:38  <jonatack_> dongcarl: (whoops lost the connection) thanks! seems to be the culmination of quite a bit of work leading to this point, so good to see!
486 2021-03-18T19:53:47  <wumpus> i've been doing regular guix builds of master and PRs and it seems to work quite smoothly now
487 2021-03-18T19:54:43  <dongcarl> wumpus: Glad to hear it!
488 2021-03-18T19:54:43  <achow101> dongcarl: has the gnutls problem been fixed in a release yet?
489 2021-03-18T19:55:24  <dongcarl> achow101: Not yet, I think upstream is coordinating one soon. I will post on the mailing list again to ask for an update.
490 2021-03-18T19:56:14  <dongcarl> See it as... Very temporary incentive to bootstrap Guix from source XP
491 2021-03-18T19:56:35  <achow101> ugh
492 2021-03-18T19:56:55  <sipa> or enable substitutes for just gnutls *ducks*
493 2021-03-18T19:58:03  <hebasto> dongcarl: any update on non-determinism issue for macos builds?
494 2021-03-18T19:58:40  <dongcarl> hebasto: see #bitcoin-builds
495 2021-03-18T19:58:56  <dongcarl> or reset your system time *ducks*
496 2021-03-18T19:59:28  *** Arvidt <Arvidt!~Arvidt@gateway/tor-sasl/arvidt> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
497 2021-03-18T20:01:10  <sipa> wumpus: how do you use the backport.py script?
498 2021-03-18T20:01:50  *** Talkless <Talkless!~Talkless@mail.dargis.net> has quit IRC (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
499 2021-03-18T20:03:29  <aj> MarcoFalke: are we at "->soon" for 21380 yet?
500 2021-03-18T20:04:26  *** OP_NOP <OP_NOP!OP_NOP@gateway/vpn/privateinternetaccess/opnop/x-41418994> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
501 2021-03-18T20:09:31  <wumpus> sipa: run it from the repository directory, easiest is to pass the PR numbers on the command line
502 2021-03-18T20:10:41  <wumpus> sipa: with the branch checked out you want to backport to
503 2021-03-18T20:11:02  <sipa> that's what i assumed, but it says: Missing: [...]
504 2021-03-18T20:11:25  <wumpus> what is the exact command line you are giving?
505 2021-03-18T20:11:36  <sipa> doesn't matter, #20861 isn't a trivial backport anyway
506 2021-03-18T20:11:40  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20861 | BIP 350: Implement Bech32m and use it for v1+ segwit addresses by sipa · Pull Request #20861 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
507 2021-03-18T20:11:59  <wumpus> mind that you have to specify the PR number without # as that makes it a comment :)
508 2021-03-18T20:12:17  <wumpus> also, make sure the 'master' branch is up to date and has that PR
509 2021-03-18T20:12:35  <sipa> i did: ~/git/bitcoin-maintainer-tools/backport.py 20861
510 2021-03-18T20:15:57  <wumpus> maybe `git fetch origin master:master` to make sure your repository's master branch is up to date (even if you are on the 0.21 branch)
511 2021-03-18T20:17:54  <hebasto> wumpus: luke-jr: I'll appreciate your opinion on #21465 :)
512 2021-03-18T20:17:55  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21465 | translation: Provide more context to Transifex translators · Issue #21465 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
513 2021-03-18T20:19:13  <wumpus> i will have a look
514 2021-03-18T20:19:32  <hebasto> wumpus: thanks
515 2021-03-18T20:25:48  *** _andrewtoth_ <_andrewtoth_!~andrewtot@gateway/tor-sasl/andrewtoth> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
516 2021-03-18T20:31:01  <wumpus> hebasto: sorry, i think some of the changes are a bit questionable/unnecessary, fine to let other people weigh in i don't have strong opinions about it but you asked me explicitly :)
517 2021-03-18T20:31:35  *** Chris_St1 <Chris_St1!~Chris_Ste@unaffiliated/chris-stewart-5/x-3612383> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
518 2021-03-18T20:33:18  *** Chris_St1 <Chris_St1!~Chris_Ste@unaffiliated/chris-stewart-5/x-3612383> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
519 2021-03-18T20:38:08  <hebasto> wumpus: I was talking about 21465, not #21463...
520 2021-03-18T20:38:10  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21463 | doc: Address feedback from Transifex translator community by hebasto · Pull Request #21463 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
521 2021-03-18T20:39:57  <hebasto> anyway, thanks for your feedback on 21463
522 2021-03-18T20:48:15  *** S3RK_ <S3RK_!~S3RK@213.55.245.6> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
523 2021-03-18T20:49:33  *** S3RK <S3RK!~S3RK@213.55.241.122> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
524 2021-03-18T20:54:54  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
525 2021-03-18T20:54:54  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa opened pull request #21469: Implement Bech32m encoding/decoding (0.21 backport) (0.21...202103_bech32m_0.21) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21469
526 2021-03-18T20:54:55  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
527 2021-03-18T20:55:45  *** S3RK_ <S3RK_!~S3RK@213.55.245.6> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
528 2021-03-18T20:55:54  *** S3RK <S3RK!~S3RK@213.55.241.127> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
529 2021-03-18T20:59:36  *** spinza <spinza!~spin@102.132.245.16> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
530 2021-03-18T21:18:05  <wumpus> hebasto: oh, yes, will take a look at that one too, I assumed it was the one you just opened
531 2021-03-18T21:22:14  *** Guyver2_ <Guyver2_!Guyver@guyver2.xs4all.nl> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
532 2021-03-18T21:26:36  *** Guyver2 <Guyver2!Guyver@guyver2.xs4all.nl> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
533 2021-03-18T21:26:40  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
534 2021-03-18T21:26:40  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa opened pull request #21470: Implement Bech32m encoding/decoding (0.20 backport) (0.20...202103_bech32m_0.20) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21470
535 2021-03-18T21:26:41  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
536 2021-03-18T21:28:58  *** braydonf <braydonf!~braydon@gateway/tor-sasl/braydonf> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
537 2021-03-18T21:29:33  *** braydonf <braydonf!~braydon@gateway/tor-sasl/braydonf> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
538 2021-03-18T21:30:02  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
539 2021-03-18T21:30:03  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa opened pull request #21471: bugfix: fix bech32_encode calls in gen_key_io_test_vectors.py (master...202103_bech32m_fix_genscript) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21471
540 2021-03-18T21:30:03  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
541 2021-03-18T21:45:25  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
542 2021-03-18T21:45:25  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa opened pull request #21472: BIP 350: Implement Bech32m and use it for v1+ segwit addresses (0.19 backport) (0.19...202103_bech32m_0.19) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21472
543 2021-03-18T21:45:26  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
544 2021-03-18T21:49:45  *** einyx <einyx!einyx@fsf/member/einyx> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
545 2021-03-18T21:50:10  *** einyx <einyx!einyx@fsf/member/einyx> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
546 2021-03-18T21:52:54  *** TheRec <TheRec!~toto@drupal.org/user/146860/view> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
547 2021-03-18T21:53:35  *** TheRec <TheRec!~toto@drupal.org/user/146860/view> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
548 2021-03-18T21:54:20  *** gleb2 <gleb2!~gleb@178.150.137.228> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
549 2021-03-18T21:54:35  *** Zenton <Zenton!~user@unaffiliated/vicenteh> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
550 2021-03-18T21:55:21  *** Zenton <Zenton!~user@unaffiliated/vicenteh> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
551 2021-03-18T21:57:25  *** gleb <gleb!~gleb@178.150.137.228> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
552 2021-03-18T21:57:26  *** gleb2 is now known as gleb
553 2021-03-18T21:58:30  *** so <so!~so@unaffiliated/so> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
554 2021-03-18T21:59:36  *** so <so!~so@unaffiliated/so> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
555 2021-03-18T22:00:03  *** commavir <commavir!~vir@23.226.237.192> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
556 2021-03-18T22:00:16  *** rc_423 <rc_423!~r_423@cpe-75-185-100-189.cinci.res.rr.com> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
557 2021-03-18T22:00:25  *** commavir <commavir!~vir@23.226.237.192> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
558 2021-03-18T22:00:46  *** rc_423 <rc_423!~r_423@cpe-75-185-100-189.cinci.res.rr.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
559 2021-03-18T22:06:33  <luke-jr> hebasto: I guess it's a good idea; but might be a good idea to ask Transifex to support it in TS files first?
560 2021-03-18T22:09:04  *** braydonf <braydonf!~braydon@gateway/tor-sasl/braydonf> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
561 2021-03-18T22:12:23  *** spinza <spinza!~spin@102.132.245.16> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
562 2021-03-18T22:16:35  *** Guyver2_ <Guyver2_!Guyver@guyver2.xs4all.nl> has quit IRC (Quit: Going offline, see ya! (www.adiirc.com))
563 2021-03-18T22:18:32  *** spinza <spinza!~spin@102.132.245.16> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
564 2021-03-18T22:18:34  *** braydonf <braydonf!~braydon@gateway/tor-sasl/braydonf> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
565 2021-03-18T22:20:52  *** braydonf <braydonf!~braydon@gateway/tor-sasl/braydonf> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
566 2021-03-18T22:21:22  *** braydonf <braydonf!~braydon@gateway/tor-sasl/braydonf> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
567 2021-03-18T22:21:31  *** rc_423 <rc_423!~r_423@cpe-75-185-100-189.cinci.res.rr.com> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
568 2021-03-18T22:21:47  *** rc_423 <rc_423!~r_423@cpe-75-185-100-189.cinci.res.rr.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
569 2021-03-18T22:30:58  *** owowo <owowo!~ovovo@unaffiliated/ovovo> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
570 2021-03-18T22:31:15  <hebasto> luke-jr: they have a paid service for fork flow with XLIFF
571 2021-03-18T22:31:33  <hebasto> "Translate using XLIFF files as an intermediate format if you’re working with professional translators" -- https://www.transifex.com/pricing/
572 2021-03-18T22:31:50  <hebasto> *for work
573 2021-03-18T22:32:10  <luke-jr> wait, we'd need to pay to use it?
574 2021-03-18T22:32:59  <hebasto> no
575 2021-03-18T22:33:24  <hebasto> conversion on their side is paid -- "File conversion to XLIFF format is only available on the Premium plan and up."
576 2021-03-18T22:33:45  <hebasto> suggesting conversion on our side
577 2021-03-18T22:33:58  <luke-jr> i c
578 2021-03-18T22:48:52  *** very_sneaky <very_sneaky!~very_snea@45.67.96.48> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
579 2021-03-18T22:50:03  *** very_sneaky <very_sneaky!~very_snea@45.67.96.48> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
580 2021-03-18T22:55:24  *** larryruane_ <larryruane_!uid473749@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-etkneexubbqqgdwq> has quit IRC (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
581 2021-03-18T23:10:32  *** jonatack_ <jonatack_!~jon@37.173.214.42> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
582 2021-03-18T23:24:43  *** very_sneaky <very_sneaky!~very_snea@45.67.96.48> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
583 2021-03-18T23:40:58  *** rc_423 <rc_423!~r_423@cpe-75-185-100-189.cinci.res.rr.com> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
584 2021-03-18T23:41:36  *** rc_423 <rc_423!~r_423@cpe-75-185-100-189.cinci.res.rr.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
585 2021-03-18T23:42:01  *** rc_423 <rc_423!~r_423@cpe-75-185-100-189.cinci.res.rr.com> has quit IRC (Max SendQ exceeded)
586 2021-03-18T23:42:33  *** rc_423 <rc_423!~r_423@cpe-75-185-100-189.cinci.res.rr.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
587 2021-03-18T23:43:28  *** rc_423 <rc_423!~r_423@cpe-75-185-100-189.cinci.res.rr.com> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
588 2021-03-18T23:44:05  *** rc_423 <rc_423!~r_423@cpe-75-185-100-189.cinci.res.rr.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
589 2021-03-18T23:44:11  *** lightlike <lightlike!~lightlike@p200300c7ef1e930039155a25f8e4eaba.dip0.t-ipconnect.de> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
590 2021-03-18T23:44:58  *** rc_423 <rc_423!~r_423@cpe-75-185-100-189.cinci.res.rr.com> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
591 2021-03-18T23:45:27  *** rc_423 <rc_423!~r_423@cpe-75-185-100-189.cinci.res.rr.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
592 2021-03-18T23:46:04  *** rc_423 <rc_423!~r_423@cpe-75-185-100-189.cinci.res.rr.com> has quit IRC (Max SendQ exceeded)
593 2021-03-18T23:46:56  *** rc_423 <rc_423!~r_423@cpe-75-185-100-189.cinci.res.rr.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
594 2021-03-18T23:56:13  *** stortz <stortz!c8b9cbcf@200.185.203.207> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev