1 2021-04-15T00:00:33  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
  2 2021-04-15T00:00:44  *** proofofkeags <proofofkeags!~proofofke@205.209.28.54> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
  3 2021-04-15T00:01:14  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  4 2021-04-15T00:30:12  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
  5 2021-04-15T00:40:09  *** az0re <az0re!~az0re@gateway/tor-sasl/az0re> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
  6 2021-04-15T00:51:49  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  7 2021-04-15T00:51:50  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/773f8c1a7d56...7fcf53f7b452
  8 2021-04-15T00:51:50  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 09b3e46 fanquake: doc: remove boostrap info from GUIX_COMMON_FLAGS doc
  9 2021-04-15T00:51:51  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7fcf53f fanquake: Merge #21672: doc: remove boostrap info from GUIX_COMMON_FLAGS doc
 10 2021-04-15T00:51:53  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 11 2021-04-15T00:52:09  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 12 2021-04-15T00:52:09  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #21672: doc: remove boostrap info from GUIX_COMMON_FLAGS doc (master...fixup_guix_options) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21672
 13 2021-04-15T00:52:10  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 14 2021-04-15T01:06:09  *** shaunapps <shaunapps!shaunsun@gateway/vpn/privateinternetaccess/shaunsun> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 15 2021-04-15T01:16:21  *** mol_ <mol_!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 16 2021-04-15T01:17:00  *** mol <mol!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
 17 2021-04-15T01:18:02  *** molz_ <molz_!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 18 2021-04-15T01:22:10  *** mol_ <mol_!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
 19 2021-04-15T01:23:49  *** molz_ <molz_!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
 20 2021-04-15T01:30:18  *** Eagle[TM] <Eagle[TM]!~EagleTM@unaffiliated/eagletm> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 21 2021-04-15T01:32:04  *** EagleTM <EagleTM!~EagleTM@unaffiliated/eagletm> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
 22 2021-04-15T01:38:35  *** mol <mol!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2021-04-15T01:40:02  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 24 2021-04-15T01:45:09  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
 25 2021-04-15T01:55:32  *** nullptr| <nullptr|!~nullptr|@ip-94-112-13-119.net.upcbroadband.cz> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
 26 2021-04-15T01:56:14  *** Artea <Artea!~Lufia@artea.com.pt> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
 27 2021-04-15T01:56:23  *** victorSN8 <victorSN8!~victorSN@unaffiliated/victorsn> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 28 2021-04-15T01:56:35  *** isis_ <isis_!~isis@abulafia.patternsinthevoid.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
 29 2021-04-15T01:56:42  *** nullptr| <nullptr|!~nullptr|@ip-94-112-13-119.net.upcbroadband.cz> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 30 2021-04-15T01:56:54  *** isis_ <isis_!~isis@abulafia.patternsinthevoid.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 31 2021-04-15T01:57:17  *** victorSN <victorSN!~victorSN@unaffiliated/victorsn> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
 32 2021-04-15T01:57:18  *** cdecker <cdecker!~cdecker@mail.snyke.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
 33 2021-04-15T01:57:18  *** nanotube <nanotube!~nanotube@unaffiliated/nanotube> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
 34 2021-04-15T01:57:18  *** victorSN8 is now known as victorSN
 35 2021-04-15T01:57:52  *** snyke <snyke!~cdecker@mail.snyke.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 36 2021-04-15T01:59:49  *** Artea <Artea!~Lufia@cookies-from.space> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 37 2021-04-15T02:01:40  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 38 2021-04-15T02:03:32  *** CrazyPython <CrazyPython!~crazypyth@98.122.164.118> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
 39 2021-04-15T02:05:33  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 40 2021-04-15T02:05:34  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 10 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7fcf53f7b452...2cd834e6c09d
 41 2021-04-15T02:05:35  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 63879f0 Anthony Towns: tests: pull ComputeBlockVersion test into its own function
 42 2021-04-15T02:05:36  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5932744 Anthony Towns: tests: test ComputeBlockVersion for all deployments
 43 2021-04-15T02:05:37  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9e6b65f Anthony Towns: tests: clean up versionbits test
 44 2021-04-15T02:05:38  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 45 2021-04-15T02:05:53  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 46 2021-04-15T02:05:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #21377: Speedy trial support for versionbits (master...202103-bip9-speedy-trial-support) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21377
 47 2021-04-15T02:05:54  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 48 2021-04-15T02:08:56  *** nanotube <nanotube!~nanotube@unaffiliated/nanotube> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 49 2021-04-15T02:10:33  <luke-jr> fanquake: that was entirely inappropriate and violates community trust
 50 2021-04-15T02:11:21  <glozow> fanquake: 😘
 51 2021-04-15T02:12:21  <jeremyrubin> \o\
 52 2021-04-15T02:12:31  <jeremyrubin> \/o/
 53 2021-04-15T02:14:19  <Murch> fanquake: thanks
 54 2021-04-15T02:18:24  <jeremyrubin> release params next?
 55 2021-04-15T02:18:31  <BlueMatt> release params next.
 56 2021-04-15T02:19:55  <luke-jr> revert next.
 57 2021-04-15T02:20:03  <luke-jr> and/or revoke fanquake's access since he's abusing it
 58 2021-04-15T02:20:25  *** sipa <sipa!~pw@gateway/tor-sasl/sipa1024> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 59 2021-04-15T02:21:01  <harding> fanquake++
 60 2021-04-15T02:21:15  <BlueMatt> harding: I think you meant *= :)
 61 2021-04-15T02:21:24  <harding> :-)
 62 2021-04-15T02:32:34  <achow101> huzzah
 63 2021-04-15T02:33:40  <jeremyrubin> fanquake: thanks a LOT
 64 2021-04-15T02:34:35  <TallTim> clearly it should be decided by the price of DOGE
 65 2021-04-15T02:34:40  <TallTim> lolol
 66 2021-04-15T02:34:48  <TallTim> carry on.
 67 2021-04-15T02:37:53  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 68 2021-04-15T02:37:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 opened pull request #21686: Speedy trial activation parameters for Taproot (master...taproot-mtp-st-params) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21686
 69 2021-04-15T02:37:54  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 70 2021-04-15T02:42:31  *** owowo <owowo!~ovovo@unaffiliated/ovovo> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
 71 2021-04-15T02:45:59  *** Philantrop2 <Philantrop2!~Philantro@195.140.213.38> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 72 2021-04-15T02:49:15  *** owowo <owowo!~ovovo@91.193.4.46> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 73 2021-04-15T02:57:47  *** shaunapps <shaunapps!shaunsun@gateway/vpn/privateinternetaccess/shaunsun> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
 74 2021-04-15T03:05:51  *** Evel-Knievel <Evel-Knievel!~Evel-Knie@d5152f744.static.telenet.be> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
 75 2021-04-15T03:07:32  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 76 2021-04-15T03:19:28  *** stortz <stortz!c8b9c69a@unaffiliated/stortz> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 77 2021-04-15T03:26:28  *** belcher <belcher!~belcher@unaffiliated/belcher> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
 78 2021-04-15T03:38:14  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
 79 2021-04-15T03:40:18  *** belcher <belcher!~belcher@unaffiliated/belcher> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 80 2021-04-15T03:55:45  *** Iam_thor <Iam_thor!~Iam_thor@185.204.1.185> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 81 2021-04-15T04:13:33  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
 82 2021-04-15T04:15:44  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 83 2021-04-15T04:23:40  *** gleb <gleb!~gleb@178.150.137.228> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
 84 2021-04-15T04:47:31  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 85 2021-04-15T04:47:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] am33r opened pull request #21687: 1IP per-connection policy (master...ameer_prevent_duplicate_connections_from_same_ip) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21687
 86 2021-04-15T04:47:34  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 87 2021-04-15T04:56:39  *** theprofessor0x <theprofessor0x!~Mohamed@bb121-6-182-56.singnet.com.sg> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 88 2021-04-15T05:02:51  *** jungly <jungly!~jungly@host-95-250-39-128.retail.telecomitalia.it> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 89 2021-04-15T05:11:11  *** smctwo <smctwo!~smctwo@bba597217.alshamil.net.ae> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 90 2021-04-15T05:11:55  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 91 2021-04-15T05:11:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jarolrod opened pull request #21688: doc: note on SDK for macOS depends cross-compile (master...depends-note-sdk) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21688
 92 2021-04-15T05:11:56  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 93 2021-04-15T05:13:10  *** jungly <jungly!~jungly@host-95-250-39-128.retail.telecomitalia.it> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
 94 2021-04-15T05:17:23  *** stortz <stortz!c8b9c69a@unaffiliated/stortz> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
 95 2021-04-15T05:17:27  *** Iam_thor <Iam_thor!~Iam_thor@185.204.1.185> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 96 2021-04-15T05:17:39  *** smctwo <smctwo!~smctwo@bba597217.alshamil.net.ae> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 97 2021-04-15T05:31:10  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 98 2021-04-15T05:31:11  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #19573: Replace unused BIP 9 logic with draft BIP 8 (master...bip8) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19573
 99 2021-04-15T05:31:11  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
100 2021-04-15T05:35:14  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
101 2021-04-15T05:44:12  *** gimps <gimps!~gimps@185.169.233.12> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
102 2021-04-15T06:00:30  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
103 2021-04-15T06:00:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #20558: test: Add MaybeCompactWalletDB tsan suppression (take 2) (master...2012-testSanTsan) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20558
104 2021-04-15T06:00:32  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
105 2021-04-15T06:04:10  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
106 2021-04-15T06:04:11  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/2cd834e6c09d...9712f75746e3
107 2021-04-15T06:04:11  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6262182 practicalswift: Avoid use of low file descriptor ids (which may be in use) in FuzzedSock a...
108 2021-04-15T06:04:11  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9712f75 MarcoFalke: Merge #21677: fuzz: Avoid use of low file descriptor ids (which may be in ...
109 2021-04-15T06:04:14  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
110 2021-04-15T06:04:30  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
111 2021-04-15T06:04:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #21677: fuzz: Avoid use of low file descriptor ids (which may be in use) in FuzzedSock (master...avoid-open-fds-when-fuzzing) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21677
112 2021-04-15T06:04:32  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
113 2021-04-15T06:06:48  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
114 2021-04-15T06:06:48  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto closed pull request #21680: test: Use called_from_lib to point uninstrumented libs to TSan (master...210414-tsan) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21680
115 2021-04-15T06:06:49  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
116 2021-04-15T06:08:43  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
117 2021-04-15T06:15:54  *** smartineng <smartineng!~Icedove@88.135.18.171> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
118 2021-04-15T06:15:56  *** smartineng <smartineng!~Icedove@88.135.18.171> has quit IRC (Excess Flood)
119 2021-04-15T06:16:19  *** smartineng <smartineng!~Icedove@88.135.18.171> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
120 2021-04-15T06:25:02  *** jungly <jungly!~jungly@host-95-250-39-128.retail.telecomitalia.it> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
121 2021-04-15T06:26:09  *** Evel-Knievel <Evel-Knievel!~Evel-Knie@d5152f744.static.telenet.be> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
122 2021-04-15T06:26:51  <aj> MarcoFalke: have a seperate PR to backport both #21377 and #21686 for 0.21, i guess? looking for acks for #21614 now?
123 2021-04-15T06:26:54  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21377 | Speedy trial support for versionbits by ajtowns · Pull Request #21377 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
124 2021-04-15T06:26:55  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21686 | Speedy trial activation parameters for Taproot by achow101 · Pull Request #21686 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
125 2021-04-15T06:26:57  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21614 | [0.21] test: Backports by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #21614 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
126 2021-04-15T06:29:06  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
127 2021-04-15T06:29:07  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift opened pull request #21689: test: Remove intermittently failing and not very meaningful `BOOST_CHECK` in `cnetaddr_basic` (master...remove-intermittently-failing-and-largely-meaningless-ipv6-test) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21689
128 2021-04-15T06:29:07  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
129 2021-04-15T06:50:15  *** jeremyrubin <jeremyrubin!~jr@024-176-247-182.res.spectrum.com> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
130 2021-04-15T06:51:30  *** gleb <gleb!~gleb@178.150.137.228> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
131 2021-04-15T06:59:18  *** adiabat_ <adiabat_!~adiabat@63.209.32.102> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
132 2021-04-15T07:01:13  *** adiabat_ <adiabat_!~adiabat@63.209.32.102> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2021-04-15T07:02:28  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
134 2021-04-15T07:10:42  *** mrostecki <mrostecki!mrostecki@nat/suse/x-dsxgooamcbgldcek> has quit IRC (Quit: WeeChat 1.8)
135 2021-04-15T07:14:25  <provoostenator> luke-jr: if you're still adament about a BIP 8 speedy trial, rebasing #21392 would seem more productive than reverting #21377
136 2021-04-15T07:14:29  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21392 | Implement BIP 8 based Speedy Trial activation by achow101 · Pull Request #21392 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
137 2021-04-15T07:14:32  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21377 | Speedy trial support for versionbits by ajtowns · Pull Request #21377 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
138 2021-04-15T07:16:49  <provoostenator> Because even if you loose that argument, the PR will be useful if we want future softforks to use (parts of) BIP 8.
139 2021-04-15T07:16:57  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
140 2021-04-15T07:17:22  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
141 2021-04-15T07:17:42  <provoostenator> Though there is the downside of not being able to burry BIP 9 forks as a whole for a while.
142 2021-04-15T07:21:45  *** jespada <jespada!~jespada@90.254.243.187> has quit IRC (Quit: Sleeping)
143 2021-04-15T07:21:45  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
144 2021-04-15T07:21:46  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack opened pull request #21690: test: use higher value in cnetaddr_basic link-local test (master...cnetaddr-link-local-test) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21690
145 2021-04-15T07:21:46  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
146 2021-04-15T07:26:17  *** Guyver2 <Guyver2!Guyver@guyver2.xs4all.nl> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
147 2021-04-15T07:44:04  *** morcos <morcos!~morcos@gateway/tor-sasl/morcos> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
148 2021-04-15T07:44:21  *** morcos <morcos!~morcos@gateway/tor-sasl/morcos> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
149 2021-04-15T07:46:04  *** harrigan <harrigan!~harrigan@ptr-93-89-242-235.ip.airwire.ie> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
150 2021-04-15T07:46:48  *** harrigan <harrigan!~harrigan@ptr-93-89-242-202.ip.airwire.ie> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
151 2021-04-15T07:48:00  *** harrigan- <harrigan-!~harrigan@ptr-93-89-242-235.ip.airwire.ie> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
152 2021-04-15T07:51:08  *** harrigan <harrigan!~harrigan@ptr-93-89-242-202.ip.airwire.ie> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
153 2021-04-15T07:54:39  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
154 2021-04-15T07:57:30  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
155 2021-04-15T07:57:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #21691: test: Check that no versionbits are re-used (master...2104-testVersionbits) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21691
156 2021-04-15T07:57:31  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
157 2021-04-15T08:06:27  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
158 2021-04-15T08:07:00  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
159 2021-04-15T08:07:01  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/9712f75746e3...a5e756b74e18
160 2021-04-15T08:07:02  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa78590 MarcoFalke: test: Use mocktime to avoid intermittent failure
161 2021-04-15T08:07:02  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa40d6a MarcoFalke: test: Reset mocktime in the common setup
162 2021-04-15T08:07:03  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a5e756b MarcoFalke: Merge #21676: test: Use mocktime to avoid intermittent failure in rpc_test...
163 2021-04-15T08:07:04  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
164 2021-04-15T08:07:20  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
165 2021-04-15T08:07:21  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #21676: test: Use mocktime to avoid intermittent failure in rpc_tests (master...2104-testFixMocktime) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21676
166 2021-04-15T08:07:21  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
167 2021-04-15T08:09:06  *** asdlkfjwerpoicvx <asdlkfjwerpoicvx!~flack@p200300d46f1691000cf60444e69d2bad.dip0.t-ipconnect.de> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
168 2021-04-15T08:14:13  *** shesek <shesek!~shesek@unaffiliated/shesek> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
169 2021-04-15T08:14:17  *** gzg <gzg!~gzg@79.112.37.189> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
170 2021-04-15T08:14:38  *** shesek <shesek!~shesek@unaffiliated/shesek> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
171 2021-04-15T08:14:50  *** gzg <gzg!~gzg@79.112.37.189> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
172 2021-04-15T08:20:50  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
173 2021-04-15T08:20:51  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/a5e756b74e18...7cb0bcb68110
174 2021-04-15T08:20:51  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f979b32 Andrew Chow: Add mainnet and testnet taproot activation params
175 2021-04-15T08:20:52  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7cb0bcb MarcoFalke: Merge #21686: Speedy trial activation parameters for Taproot
176 2021-04-15T08:20:53  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
177 2021-04-15T08:20:59  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
178 2021-04-15T08:21:10  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
179 2021-04-15T08:21:11  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #21686: Speedy trial activation parameters for Taproot (master...taproot-mtp-st-params) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21686
180 2021-04-15T08:21:11  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
181 2021-04-15T08:35:38  <jnewbery> \o/
182 2021-04-15T08:36:49  <jnewbery> We now have a client that can enforce taproot rules on mainnet. Huge thanks to everyone who helped us get here. Now lets put it in front of users :)
183 2021-04-15T08:39:03  *** jespada <jespada!~jespada@90.254.243.187> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
184 2021-04-15T08:40:49  *** looy <looy!55a4cbf6@ti0185a400-2540.bb.online.no> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
185 2021-04-15T08:42:16  *** looy <looy!55a4cbf6@ti0185a400-2540.bb.online.no> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
186 2021-04-15T08:43:36  <robert_spigler> Thank you everyone for all your hard work!
187 2021-04-15T08:47:13  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
188 2021-04-15T08:47:32  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@unaffiliated/aaronvanw> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
189 2021-04-15T08:50:50  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
190 2021-04-15T08:50:51  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 6 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7cb0bcb68110...c6b30ccb2eee
191 2021-04-15T08:50:52  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5198a02 Vasil Dimov: style: remove extra white space
192 2021-04-15T08:50:52  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0c90ff1 Vasil Dimov: fuzz: set errno from FuzzedSock::Wait() if it simulates a failure
193 2021-04-15T08:50:52  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9668e43 Vasil Dimov: fuzz: make FuzzedSock::Wait() sometimes simulate an occurred event
194 2021-04-15T08:50:53  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
195 2021-04-15T08:51:10  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
196 2021-04-15T08:51:11  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #21630: fuzz: split FuzzedSock interface and implementation (master...FuzzedSock_move) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21630
197 2021-04-15T08:51:11  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
198 2021-04-15T09:13:51  *** aqua42 <aqua42!~aqua42@amsterdam3.jp.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
199 2021-04-15T09:19:22  *** mars <mars!~niamh@aaubervilliers-654-1-61-83.w86-218.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
200 2021-04-15T09:41:21  *** mrostecki <mrostecki!mrostecki@nat/suse/x-xbaoykqszzoacevo> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
201 2021-04-15T09:53:09  *** Bhk <Bhk!9681a60e@150.129.166.14> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
202 2021-04-15T09:54:21  *** Bhk <Bhk!9681a60e@150.129.166.14> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
203 2021-04-15T10:18:33  *** Kirstin38Mitchel <Kirstin38Mitchel!~Kirstin38@static.57.1.216.95.clients.your-server.de> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
204 2021-04-15T10:42:23  *** IGHOR <IGHOR!~quassel@176.121.4.135> has quit IRC (Quit: No Ping reply in 180 seconds.)
205 2021-04-15T10:43:34  *** IGHOR <IGHOR!~quassel@176.121.4.135> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
206 2021-04-15T10:45:52  *** davterra <davterra!~davterra@gateway/tor-sasl/tralfaz> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
207 2021-04-15T10:46:19  *** davterra <davterra!~davterra@gateway/tor-sasl/tralfaz> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
208 2021-04-15T10:50:07  *** jadi <jadi!~jadi@37.98.3.133> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
209 2021-04-15T10:50:39  <hebasto> wumpus: I cannot see any way how the `contrib/bitcoin-qt.pro` is used in the  translation process, neither in the main repo nor in https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-maintainer-tools. Besides it looks outdated and unmaintained. May I ask you to confirm/deny my assumption?
210 2021-04-15T11:16:55  *** Kirstin38Mitchel <Kirstin38Mitchel!~Kirstin38@static.57.1.216.95.clients.your-server.de> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
211 2021-04-15T12:06:53  <wumpus> hebasto: it is not used for anything, it exists to be able to edit the qt forms in qt designer nothing more
212 2021-04-15T12:07:41  <wumpus> i'm not sure if it is even *necessary* for that, but it is why it is there
213 2021-04-15T12:08:09  <hebasto> wumpus: thanks, qt designer does not need *.pro file at all
214 2021-04-15T12:08:28  <hebasto> maybe qt creator does
215 2021-04-15T12:09:05  <wumpus> feel free to create a PR to remove it, best way to find out if someone wants to keep it, you are right it hasn't been updated in a long time
216 2021-04-15T12:09:20  <hebasto> ok
217 2021-04-15T12:09:53  <wumpus> fwiw, the only question i get about it ever is why it exists
218 2021-04-15T12:10:49  <hebasto> it was in use with `qmake` years ago (what I found digging into the repo history)
219 2021-04-15T12:11:29  <wumpus> yes, that was the original reason, but when we switched to automake it was kept around for use w/ qt's GUI tools
220 2021-04-15T12:12:41  <hebasto> I've noticed it in https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blame/master/doc/translation_process.md#L25
221 2021-04-15T12:16:38  *** aqua42 <aqua42!~aqua42@amsterdam3.jp.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
222 2021-04-15T12:21:10  <wumpus> what it says there is definitely not true anymore
223 2021-04-15T12:21:33  <hebasto> I'll submit a pr
224 2021-04-15T12:21:41  <wumpus> thanks!
225 2021-04-15T12:24:20  *** Kiminuo <Kiminuo!~Kiminuo@185.216.35.121> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
226 2021-04-15T12:25:10  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has quit IRC (Quit: = "")
227 2021-04-15T12:27:07  *** mol <mol!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
228 2021-04-15T12:28:57  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
229 2021-04-15T12:28:58  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #21694: build: Use XLIFF file to provide more context to Transifex translators (master...210415-xliff) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21694
230 2021-04-15T12:28:59  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
231 2021-04-15T12:43:46  *** Kiminuo <Kiminuo!~Kiminuo@185.216.35.121> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
232 2021-04-15T12:46:23  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
233 2021-04-15T12:46:24  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #21695: Remove no longer used contrib/bitcoin-qt.pro from the repo (master...210415-pro) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21695
234 2021-04-15T12:46:25  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
235 2021-04-15T12:46:34  *** mol <mol!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
236 2021-04-15T12:56:19  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
237 2021-04-15T12:56:52  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
238 2021-04-15T13:00:55  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
239 2021-04-15T13:01:13  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
240 2021-04-15T13:03:27  *** mol_ <mol_!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
241 2021-04-15T13:05:48  *** jadi <jadi!~jadi@37.98.3.133> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
242 2021-04-15T13:06:48  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
243 2021-04-15T13:07:10  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
244 2021-04-15T13:07:16  *** mol <mol!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
245 2021-04-15T13:08:21  *** braydonf <braydonf!~braydon@gateway/tor-sasl/braydonf> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
246 2021-04-15T13:09:36  *** braydonf <braydonf!~braydon@gateway/tor-sasl/braydonf> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
247 2021-04-15T13:13:21  *** tripleslash <tripleslash!~triplesla@unaffiliated/imsaguy> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
248 2021-04-15T13:16:17  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
249 2021-04-15T13:16:46  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
250 2021-04-15T13:20:55  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
251 2021-04-15T13:21:14  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
252 2021-04-15T13:33:33  *** gimps <gimps!~gimps@185.169.233.12> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
253 2021-04-15T13:39:49  *** Jackielove4u <Jackielove4u!uid43977@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-mkeozeabwxqrpqhd> has quit IRC (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
254 2021-04-15T13:54:09  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
255 2021-04-15T13:54:10  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack opened pull request #21696: DONOTMERGE test: drop cnetaddr link-local assert for macOS 10.14 to re-verify CI (master...cnetaddr-link-local-test-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21696
256 2021-04-15T13:54:12  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
257 2021-04-15T13:58:59  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
258 2021-04-15T13:59:00  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack opened pull request #21697: DONOTMERGE test: drop cnetaddr link-local assert for all CIs except macOS 10.14 (master...cnetaddr-link-local-test-2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21697
259 2021-04-15T13:59:01  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
260 2021-04-15T14:00:29  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
261 2021-04-15T14:00:30  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #21697: DONOTMERGE test: drop cnetaddr link-local assert for all CIs except macOS 10.14 (master...cnetaddr-link-local-test-2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21697
262 2021-04-15T14:00:31  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
263 2021-04-15T14:01:00  <jonatack> fanquake: I was going to close after the CI results.
264 2021-04-15T14:01:12  <fanquake> why did you open two
265 2021-04-15T14:02:00  <jonatack> fanquake: they test different things. wasn't going to open any further ones. two is enough
266 2021-04-15T14:02:13  <jonatack> i guess it looked like a rampage hehe
267 2021-04-15T14:02:22  <fanquake> The diff is identical
268 2021-04-15T14:02:29  <fanquake> what are they testing differently?
269 2021-04-15T14:03:39  <jonatack> not identical, they are intended to re-verify that one assert passes only the macOS 10.14 CI and the other one passes all the other CIs but not the macOS 10.14 one
270 2021-04-15T14:04:30  <fanquake> I see. Can't this be tested in #21690 then?
271 2021-04-15T14:04:31  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21690 | test: use higher value in cnetaddr_basic link-local test by jonatack · Pull Request #21690 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
272 2021-04-15T14:04:45  <fanquake> I don't see why we need 3 separate PRs.
273 2021-04-15T14:04:48  <jonatack> this was the case last October. Before improving the documentation on the context, I wanted to re-verify to be sure it was still the case.
274 2021-04-15T14:06:30  <jonatack> yes, sorry. can they just run and i'll re-close
275 2021-04-15T14:11:31  <vasild> I am using my personal fork at https://github.com/vasild/bitcoin/pull/4/ for CI "experiments"
276 2021-04-15T14:12:40  <jonatack> I used to run them on my own travis, but that is no longer. I've seen DONOTMERGE PRs done before to test CI results so I didn't think it was an issue.
277 2021-04-15T14:15:03  <vasild> why is it no longer?
278 2021-04-15T14:15:35  <jonatack> travis shut it down. are you using a paid travis account? (maybe i am missing something)
279 2021-04-15T14:16:08  <vasild> ah, yes, travis is no longer, but I have free cirrus account for open source and linked it to https://github.com/vasild/bitcoin
280 2021-04-15T14:17:03  <vasild> I think it operates as well as the cirrus hooked on the main repo, may be slower and have less concurrent jobs, but that is fine since I am the only one using it (occassionally)
281 2021-04-15T14:17:38  <jonatack> ah! good to know
282 2021-04-15T14:35:59  <luke-jr> provoostenator: MarcoFalke already blocked me from doing so; I have no reason to expect decent behaviour from devs strongarming BIP9 back in at this point anyway. Something is clearly going on behind the scenes.
283 2021-04-15T14:40:30  <luke-jr> provoostenator: after all, it had plenty of review and was RTM weeks before this BIP9 stuff, and still wasn't merged anyway
284 2021-04-15T14:43:36  *** tlyu <tlyu!~tlyu@178.239.168.171> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
285 2021-04-15T14:49:00  *** davterra <davterra!~davterra@gateway/tor-sasl/tralfaz> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
286 2021-04-15T14:54:36  <michaelfolkson> Anyone know the rationale for moving the start time a week earlier (April 24th) than Russell originally proposed (May 1st)? https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2021-March/018594.html
287 2021-04-15T14:55:26  <michaelfolkson> If you do can you provide a link to that discussion? Thanks
288 2021-04-15T14:56:53  <luke-jr> that ensures the height chosen is more stable on May 1st, and harder for miners to manipulate
289 2021-04-15T14:57:20  <luke-jr> ultimately BIP9 uses starttime to choose a height based on difficulty-period boundaries (2 weeks long)
290 2021-04-15T14:57:26  <luke-jr> it doesn't use the time directly
291 2021-04-15T14:57:39  <michaelfolkson> Ah gotcha, makes sense. Thanks
292 2021-04-15T15:11:24  <MarcoFalke> luke-jr: Not sure what you mean with "blocked". I am happy to reopen the pull I closed earlier today. I just think that it doesn't qualify for "high priority for review"
293 2021-04-15T15:13:48  <luke-jr> MarcoFalke: I mean I can't rebase it with it closed.
294 2021-04-15T15:14:53  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
295 2021-04-15T15:14:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke reopened pull request #19573: Replace unused BIP 9 logic with draft BIP 8 (master...bip8) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19573
296 2021-04-15T15:14:54  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
297 2021-04-15T15:14:58  <MarcoFalke> luke-jr: ^
298 2021-04-15T15:15:52  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
299 2021-04-15T15:15:53  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] vasild opened pull request #21700: net: expand Sock and fuzz-test more of CConnman (master...Sock_expand) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21700
300 2021-04-15T15:15:54  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
301 2021-04-15T15:17:22  <luke-jr> thanks. but I'm not sure there's any point if the BIP9-pushing group is going to prevent a merge
302 2021-04-15T15:20:18  <luke-jr> actually, this has LOT=True support and such too. Maybe it makes sense to close it anyway, and just reopen heights separately (when/if the issue of merging it gets resolved) :|
303 2021-04-15T15:20:43  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
304 2021-04-15T15:20:44  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] luke-jr closed pull request #19573: Replace unused BIP 9 logic with draft BIP 8 (master...bip8) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19573
305 2021-04-15T15:20:44  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
306 2021-04-15T15:23:07  *** dviola <dviola!~diego@unaffiliated/dviola> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
307 2021-04-15T15:23:27  <michaelfolkson> We already have a number of people on the BIP 9 PR saying it should be a new BIP rather than a revision of BIP 9. Obviously that is no guarantee (stranger things have happened) but I will NACK revising BIP 9
308 2021-04-15T15:25:21  <michaelfolkson> I also offered to work on a new BIP for Speedy Trial a month ago https://gist.github.com/michaelfolkson/92899f27f1ab30aa2ebee82314f8fe7f#gistcomment-3668053
309 2021-04-15T15:27:01  <vasild> All calls to LogPrintf() and LogPrint() should be terminated with \n ... LogPrint(BCLog::NET,
310 2021-04-15T15:27:13  <kallewoof> speaking of revisions of BIPs, it would be splendid if https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/pull/1016 moved forward.
311 2021-04-15T15:27:15  <vasild> what an annoying deficiency in test/lint/lint-logs.sh
312 2021-04-15T15:31:51  <michaelfolkson> kallewoof: Yeah that will need to be revisited after this activation stuff has played out
313 2021-04-15T15:33:24  <kallewoof> michaelfolkson: I don't see the connection, but sure, as long as it's addressed.
314 2021-04-15T15:34:27  <michaelfolkson> kallewoof: At least for me (and I suspect for Luke too) activation has been eating time
315 2021-04-15T15:35:11  <luke-jr> kallewoof: maybe there should be a new BIP, also eliminating BIP Comments and adding Markdown back into the mix. certain people have decided to skip BIPs because they don't like people leaving comments, and I can only guess the Lightning BOLT stuff is because they prefer markdown…
316 2021-04-15T15:36:05  <luke-jr> but probably someone will need to talk to those groups to see if that resolves their complaints or not
317 2021-04-15T15:37:26  <kallewoof> luke-jr: You mean like https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/pull/1015 ? I don't have a preference personally.
318 2021-04-15T15:38:11  <luke-jr> kallewoof: yeah, but addressing more than just the one issue you have
319 2021-04-15T15:38:48  <kallewoof> luke-jr: the comments/markdown stuff? okay, first i heard. i'll look into that and update 1015.
320 2021-04-15T15:40:02  <luke-jr> it's probably a can of worms ;.;
321 2021-04-15T15:40:23  <kallewoof> luke-jr: I could use some excitement.
322 2021-04-15T15:40:32  <luke-jr> O.o
323 2021-04-15T15:43:55  <kallewoof> luke-jr: on a serious note, if you want help with the bip maintenance stuff, i'll gladly assist.
324 2021-04-15T15:46:01  *** Guyver2_ <Guyver2_!Guyver@guyver2.xs4all.nl> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
325 2021-04-15T15:49:21  *** Guyver2 <Guyver2!Guyver@guyver2.xs4all.nl> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
326 2021-04-15T15:58:25  *** proofofkeags <proofofkeags!~proofofke@205.209.28.54> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
327 2021-04-15T15:58:48  *** jeremyrubin <jeremyrubin!~jr@024-176-247-182.res.spectrum.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
328 2021-04-15T15:59:01  <achow101> #proposedmeetingtopic 0.21 backports and 0.21.1rc1
329 2021-04-15T16:07:40  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
330 2021-04-15T16:07:41  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 opened pull request #21701: [0.2] Speedy trial activation for Taproot (0.21...0.21-taproot-st) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21701
331 2021-04-15T16:07:42  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
332 2021-04-15T16:30:12  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
333 2021-04-15T16:30:38  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
334 2021-04-15T16:30:54  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
335 2021-04-15T16:31:15  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
336 2021-04-15T16:32:40  *** asdlkfjwerpoicvx <asdlkfjwerpoicvx!~flack@p200300d46f1691000cf60444e69d2bad.dip0.t-ipconnect.de> has quit IRC (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
337 2021-04-15T16:35:52  *** jeremyrubin <jeremyrubin!~jr@024-176-247-182.res.spectrum.com> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
338 2021-04-15T16:37:02  *** jeremyrubin <jeremyrubin!~jr@024-176-247-182.res.spectrum.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
339 2021-04-15T16:52:00  *** BGL <BGL!~twenty@75-149-171-58-Washington.hfc.comcastbusiness.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
340 2021-04-15T16:55:14  *** Emcy <Emcy!~Emcy@unaffiliated/emcy> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
341 2021-04-15T16:56:17  *** lightlike <lightlike!~lightlike@p200300c7ef1c430089b0c7f84dcf94a9.dip0.t-ipconnect.de> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
342 2021-04-15T16:59:20  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
343 2021-04-15T16:59:21  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack closed pull request #21696: DONOTMERGE test: drop cnetaddr link-local assert for macOS 10.14 to re-verify CI (master...cnetaddr-link-local-test-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21696
344 2021-04-15T16:59:24  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
345 2021-04-15T17:02:26  *** Talkless <Talkless!~Talkless@mail.dargis.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
346 2021-04-15T17:02:38  *** Emcy <Emcy!~Emcy@unaffiliated/emcy> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
347 2021-04-15T17:03:25  *** Maryam32Murphy <Maryam32Murphy!~Maryam32M@static.57.1.216.95.clients.your-server.de> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
348 2021-04-15T17:05:41  *** jungly <jungly!~jungly@host-95-250-39-128.retail.telecomitalia.it> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
349 2021-04-15T17:12:32  *** Maryam32Murphy <Maryam32Murphy!~Maryam32M@static.57.1.216.95.clients.your-server.de> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
350 2021-04-15T17:13:55  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
351 2021-04-15T17:14:18  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
352 2021-04-15T17:15:54  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
353 2021-04-15T17:16:15  *** ogo <ogo!~ogo@gateway/tor-sasl/ogo> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
354 2021-04-15T17:17:30  *** diego1 <diego1!~diego@187.39.20.53> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
355 2021-04-15T17:18:25  *** diego1 <diego1!~diego@187.39.20.53> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
356 2021-04-15T17:18:57  *** dviola <dviola!~diego@unaffiliated/dviola> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
357 2021-04-15T17:29:35  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
358 2021-04-15T17:32:07  *** suzziminer[m] <suzziminer[m]!suzziminer@gateway/shell/matrix.org/x-dquzymimrljolbhb> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
359 2021-04-15T17:37:07  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
360 2021-04-15T17:37:08  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] JeremyRubin opened pull request #21702: Implement BIP-119 Validation (CheckTemplateVerify) (master...checktemplateverify-rebase-4-15-21) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21702
361 2021-04-15T17:37:08  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
362 2021-04-15T17:55:15  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
363 2021-04-15T18:01:59  *** sanket1729 <sanket1729!~sanket172@ec2-100-24-255-95.compute-1.amazonaws.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
364 2021-04-15T18:03:20  *** Kiminuo <Kiminuo!~Kiminuo@185.216.35.121> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
365 2021-04-15T18:03:47  <harding> amiti: re your mailing list post, I know that in 2015 BRD wallet used addr messages to find nodes but I don't think it sent any messages.  Obviously that was eons ago in Bitcoin time and I don't know what it does now.
366 2021-04-15T18:04:16  <harding> amiti: it's the only lightweight client I've ever heard of that used decentralized peer discovery.
367 2021-04-15T18:05:20  <provoostenator> I suspect most of the Lnd / Btcd based lightning wallets also use p2p to discover bitcoin peers.
368 2021-04-15T18:07:02  <provoostenator> Wallets like Breez (iOs) and Zap have an Lnd log export function too so you can see what it's doing.
369 2021-04-15T18:07:36  <harding> provoostenator: yeah, but if they're btcd based, they're full nodes, right?  So they're probably advertising addrs.  I think neutrino just uses the dns seeds (but I'm definitely not an expert).
370 2021-04-15T18:08:06  *** mol_ <mol_!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
371 2021-04-15T18:08:14  <provoostenator> They use client-side filtering (neutrino) so not really full nodes
372 2021-04-15T18:08:52  <provoostenator> I would guess, but better to check the logs, they use the DNS seeds to find nodes that support neutrino, since DNS seeds can filter those.
373 2021-04-15T18:10:03  <provoostenator> https://github.com/sipa/bitcoin-seeder/blob/master/main.cpp#L168
374 2021-04-15T18:10:22  <harding> Yeah, there was a discussion in here about a year ago between roasbeef and the operators of various seeds to get them to update their filter subdomains, so I assumed they used seeds.  However, obviously using seeds doesn't preclude them also using decentralized peer discovery.
375 2021-04-15T18:10:36  <provoostenator> I have:  dig -t A x49.seed.bitcoin.sprovoost.nl
376 2021-04-15T18:11:05  <provoostenator> Indeed, that should just be the first step.
377 2021-04-15T18:11:33  *** mol <mol!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
378 2021-04-15T18:11:34  <provoostenator> In fact, at my seed doesn't have a node running.
379 2021-04-15T18:12:17  <provoostenator> Well I guess you could repeatedly beg a DNS seed for more peers.
380 2021-04-15T18:15:07  *** BGL <BGL!~twenty@75-149-171-58-Washington.hfc.comcastbusiness.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
381 2021-04-15T18:19:55  <provoostenator> luke-jr: the LOT=true was nowhere near RTM. The BIP 8 speedy trial PR by achow101 was much closer.
382 2021-04-15T18:21:09  <provoostenator> (I think you already concluded that yourself in a comment later today
383 2021-04-15T18:21:48  <lightlike> harding: BRD does indeed seem to participate in addr relay: By sending GETADDR and only accepting ADDRS after that: https://github.com/breadwallet/breadwallet-core/blob/develop/bitcoin/BRPeer.c#L283
384 2021-04-15T18:22:13  *** jeremyrubin <jeremyrubin!~jr@024-176-247-182.res.spectrum.com> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
385 2021-04-15T18:22:30  <lightlike> in that case, no problem for amiti's proposal
386 2021-04-15T18:22:36  <harding> lightlike: ah, if they send getaddr then they're maybe ok for amiti's proposed change.
387 2021-04-15T18:22:38  <harding> Yeah.
388 2021-04-15T18:25:14  *** jeremyrubin <jeremyrubin!~jr@024-176-247-182.res.spectrum.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
389 2021-04-15T18:29:38  <Kiminuo> Hi guys, a quick question: I have this PR https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21244 and it got one ACK. Now, should I just wait patiently until somebody else will review the PR? Or am I supposed to do something else to increase the chance of merging it? I'm not in hurry. I would just like to understand the review process better.
390 2021-04-15T18:31:01  <jeremyrubin> Kiminuo: you can "review nag" people to take a look
391 2021-04-15T18:31:16  <jeremyrubin> if it gets > 2 ACKs it's possible for it to be merged
392 2021-04-15T18:31:46  <Kiminuo> jeremyrubin, should I do it here on IRC or on Github? How impolite it is? :)
393 2021-04-15T18:31:47  <jeremyrubin> but there's limited bandwidth for review, especially from maintainers, so you're waiting for a megre access contrib to review it as well
394 2021-04-15T18:32:16  <Kiminuo> yeah, I see
395 2021-04-15T18:32:25  <jeremyrubin> Kiminuo: it's not too impolite, but often times it can be a little quid-pro-quo. E.g., you do some review for someone else and they review for you
396 2021-04-15T18:32:48  <Kiminuo> jeremyrubin, I have actually tried that a bit as that seems friendly to me
397 2021-04-15T18:32:56  <Kiminuo> (not too much, just a bit)
398 2021-04-15T18:33:02  <jeremyrubin> It's also (no offense) a low priority PR since it has no external effect on users
399 2021-04-15T18:33:06  <jeremyrubin> e.g., pure refactor
400 2021-04-15T18:33:23  <jeremyrubin> right now reviewers are completely focused on preparing the RC1 for taproot
401 2021-04-15T18:33:29  <jeremyrubin> (most likely)
402 2021-04-15T18:33:39  <jeremyrubin> So figuring out which PRs must be bundled with that
403 2021-04-15T18:34:02  <Kiminuo> jeremyrubin, Yes, that's true. I kind of like small improvements as it opens doors for the true heroes :)
404 2021-04-15T18:34:45  <jeremyrubin> Yep -- and these things can be great
405 2021-04-15T18:35:03  <jeremyrubin> My advice to newer contributors is to think about momentum v.s. velocity
406 2021-04-15T18:35:13  <jeremyrubin> momentum is mass * velocity
407 2021-04-15T18:35:45  <amiti> harding, provoostenator, lightlike: thanks!! that's super helpful feedback. glad to see BRD would not be negatively impacted, I'll take a closer look at the others mentioned.
408 2021-04-15T18:35:54  <jeremyrubin> so to get more momentum, you can either try to increase core velocity or increase your mass
409 2021-04-15T18:36:10  <jeremyrubin> You can't really do much to improve velocity (other than helping review others code ofc)
410 2021-04-15T18:36:17  <jeremyrubin> But for momentum... just work on more stuff!
411 2021-04-15T18:36:26  <jrawsthorne> I also had the same question. I'm looking for reviewers for #21158. Would be important for alternative clients wanting to use core for taproot validation. Will see if there's any review I can help with
412 2021-04-15T18:36:28  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21158 | lib: Add Taproot support to libconsensus by jrawsthorne · Pull Request #21158 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
413 2021-04-15T18:36:33  <jeremyrubin> Many devs have tons of PRs open at once, and each one makes a little progress over time
414 2021-04-15T18:36:45  <luke-jr> provoostenator: yes it was. 5 ACKs
415 2021-04-15T18:36:47  <jeremyrubin> and once you have enough projects going on it keeps you pretty busy responding to feedback
416 2021-04-15T18:37:02  <jeremyrubin> Of course you don't want to flood the repo with low priority work
417 2021-04-15T18:37:28  <jeremyrubin> so I'd recommend picking up 1 more complicated project (e.g., glozow's testmempool package)
418 2021-04-15T18:37:45  <jeremyrubin> and then having little things to work on in the meantime
419 2021-04-15T18:38:09  <Kiminuo> jeremyrubin, That makes a lot of sense. I have this PR https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21422 that I'm really after and https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21244 is just a side hassle
420 2021-04-15T18:38:57  <Kiminuo> So I kind of work as expected. That's good news. I'll try to put some effort into those reviews.
421 2021-04-15T18:39:07  <provoostenator> luke-jr: at most 1 ACK from someone with relevant expertise in this code, plenty of critical feedback from people who DO have that expertise
422 2021-04-15T18:40:07  <jeremyrubin> Kiminuo: MHM -- the feerate histogram sounds like a great feature!
423 2021-04-15T18:40:11  *** mol <mol!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
424 2021-04-15T18:40:27  <jeremyrubin> Can anyone help me figure out what's up with https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21702/checks?check_run_id=2355293832
425 2021-04-15T18:40:40  <jeremyrubin> Does clang dislike .cpp defined local templates?
426 2021-04-15T18:40:44  <provoostenator> Even aj who wrote several of the commits hasn't ACK'd it.
427 2021-04-15T18:41:22  <Kiminuo> :)
428 2021-04-15T18:42:26  <michaelfolkson> provoostenator luke-jr: I said at the time and I'll say again those ACKs were from inexperienced reviewers such as myself. So it wasn't ready for merge imo. But after the aj Andrew competing PRs I'm not exactly sure what aj will ACK anymore
429 2021-04-15T18:44:19  *** mol <mol!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
430 2021-04-15T18:44:23  *** larryruane_ <larryruane_!uid473749@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-owttibdjsvfioccp> has quit IRC ()
431 2021-04-15T18:45:10  *** larryruane_ <larryruane_!uid473749@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-cyzkxkevrbubbkye> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
432 2021-04-15T18:50:27  *** lightlike <lightlike!~lightlike@p200300c7ef1c430089b0c7f84dcf94a9.dip0.t-ipconnect.de> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
433 2021-04-15T18:50:40  *** justan0theruser <justan0theruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has quit IRC (Quit: WeeChat 2.9)
434 2021-04-15T18:50:55  *** lightlike <lightlike!~lightlike@p200300c7ef1c4300056a7e5292fbb9bf.dip0.t-ipconnect.de> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
435 2021-04-15T18:53:31  *** justanotheruser <justanotheruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
436 2021-04-15T18:59:07  <ariard> jrawsthorne: will review back #21158 :)
437 2021-04-15T18:59:09  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21158 | lib: Add Taproot support to libconsensus by jrawsthorne · Pull Request #21158 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
438 2021-04-15T18:59:11  *** sipa <sipa!~pw@gateway/tor-sasl/sipa1024> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
439 2021-04-15T19:00:01  <provoostenator> Meeting?
440 2021-04-15T19:00:08  <wumpus> #startmeeting
441 2021-04-15T19:00:21  <provoostenator> hi
442 2021-04-15T19:00:26  <hebasto> hi
443 2021-04-15T19:00:30  <achow101> hi
444 2021-04-15T19:00:35  <meshcollider> hi
445 2021-04-15T19:00:37  <ariard> hi
446 2021-04-15T19:00:43  <wumpus> hi
447 2021-04-15T19:00:45  <michaelfolkson> hi
448 2021-04-15T19:00:46  <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: achow101 aj amiti ariard bluematt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb glozow gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball morcos nehan NicolasDorier paveljanik
449 2021-04-15T19:00:48  <wumpus> petertodd phantomcircuit promag provoostenator ryanofsky sdaftuar sipa vasild wumpus
450 2021-04-15T19:00:50  <amiti> hi
451 2021-04-15T19:00:57  <lightlike> hi
452 2021-04-15T19:00:58  <jeremyrubin> hallo
453 2021-04-15T19:01:00  <glozow> hi
454 2021-04-15T19:01:10  <jnewbery> hi
455 2021-04-15T19:01:11  <gleb> hi
456 2021-04-15T19:01:22  <jonatack> hi
457 2021-04-15T19:01:24  <wumpus> two porosed meeting topics (http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt) : short info/update on the "Bitcoin Core Code Signing Association" status. (jonasschnelli) 0.21 backports and 0.21.1rc1 (achow101)
458 2021-04-15T19:01:33  *** justanotheruser <justanotheruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
459 2021-04-15T19:01:48  <wumpus> any last minute topic suggestions?
460 2021-04-15T19:02:30  <wumpus> #topic High priority for review
461 2021-04-15T19:02:43  <jonasschnelli> hi
462 2021-04-15T19:02:44  <wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8  10 blockers, 2 chasing concept ACK right now
463 2021-04-15T19:03:34  <wumpus> anyone have suggestions of something to add/remove or that is ready for merge?
464 2021-04-15T19:03:50  <gleb> I was thinking whether to put #21515 in high-prio at this point. The code is pretty much ready from my side (although ariard promised to contribute fuzzing), but at the same time we probably need to merge minisketch first separately
465 2021-04-15T19:03:53  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21515 | Erlay: bandwidth-efficient transaction relay protocol by naumenkogs · Pull Request #21515 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
466 2021-04-15T19:04:03  <gleb> For which I expected sipa would be here and say a word :)
467 2021-04-15T19:04:12  <sipa> a word
468 2021-04-15T19:04:15  <gleb> haha
469 2021-04-15T19:04:34  <sipa> i can PR minisketch as a subtree if that's what people want
470 2021-04-15T19:04:35  *** Randolf <Randolf!~randolf@184.70.10.188> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
471 2021-04-15T19:04:47  <wumpus> if it is blocked by something else i'm not sure it makes sense to add to blockers
472 2021-04-15T19:05:20  <jonatack> #19521 seems ready
473 2021-04-15T19:05:24  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19521 | Coinstats Index by fjahr · Pull Request #19521 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
474 2021-04-15T19:05:36  <sipa> i believe we're also going to do a review club on the c++ minisketch code; perhaps we want that first
475 2021-04-15T19:05:44  <wumpus> jonatack: thanks, good to know
476 2021-04-15T19:05:46  <gleb> sipa: is that scheduled?
477 2021-04-15T19:05:48  <ariard> yeah let's PR minisketch first, will make erlay review easier
478 2021-04-15T19:06:10  <glozow> +1
479 2021-04-15T19:06:32  <wumpus> okay let's do that first then
480 2021-04-15T19:06:34  <gleb> alright, then the plan is review club -> minisketch pr/review -> erlay pr review.
481 2021-04-15T19:06:44  <wumpus> sgtm
482 2021-04-15T19:06:50  <gleb> In the meanwhile people are welcome to start reviewing erlay 21515 :)
483 2021-04-15T19:07:00  *** justanotheruser <justanotheruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
484 2021-04-15T19:07:07  <ariard> erlay pr review can advance a bit, we should figure out testing on a signet :)
485 2021-04-15T19:07:08  <sipa> gleb: jnewbery just ask me to do one on the 21st
486 2021-04-15T19:07:17  <sipa> why signet?
487 2021-04-15T19:07:19  <gleb> that's soon, great.
488 2021-04-15T19:07:58  <provoostenator> Signet has a 1 byte mempool...
489 2021-04-15T19:08:11  <provoostenator> Mainnet seems more interesting for erlay
490 2021-04-15T19:08:17  <provoostenator> (for reckless devs)
491 2021-04-15T19:08:25  <sipa> indeed
492 2021-04-15T19:08:36  <ariard> oh can't generate a bigger mempool on the default signet
493 2021-04-15T19:08:48  <lightlike> doesn't help much though if you are the only one running it on mainnet :-)
494 2021-04-15T19:08:52  <provoostenator> Well signet is centralized so it could be made bigger
495 2021-04-15T19:08:53  <gleb> I was running couple of my erlay nodes at mainnet a while ago, would do again.
496 2021-04-15T19:08:59  <ariard> yeah but testing on mainnet you may not find other erlay peers?
497 2021-04-15T19:09:15  <sipa> ariard: -connect is your friend :)
498 2021-04-15T19:09:29  <gleb> sounds like something i should coordinate.
499 2021-04-15T19:09:36  <ariard> sipa: ahah -connect is my friend but still need to find erlay friends
500 2021-04-15T19:10:04  <ariard> something we can coordinate out of meeting for sure
501 2021-04-15T19:10:14  <gleb> Perhaps by the next week meeting i can have a solid testing plan like that.
502 2021-04-15T19:10:20  <jonatack> ariard: guess how we tested tor v3 and i2p ;)
503 2021-04-15T19:10:27  <wumpus> i'm happy to help testing it fwiw
504 2021-04-15T19:10:44  <gleb> alright, seems like we have an idea of how to proceed.
505 2021-04-15T19:11:10  <wumpus> #topic Short info/update on the "Bitcoin Core Code Signing Association" status (jonasschnelli)
506 2021-04-15T19:11:57  <sipa> paging jonasschnelli
507 2021-04-15T19:12:04  <jonasschnelli> (have some lags)
508 2021-04-15T19:12:28  <jonasschnelli> In order to obtain new certificates for code signing, we need to register the Bitcoin Core Code Signing Association in switzerland
509 2021-04-15T19:12:37  *** ccdle12 <ccdle12!955adef3@243.222.90.149.rev.vodafone.pt> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
510 2021-04-15T19:12:44  <jonasschnelli> which requires some paperwork and yearly chores
511 2021-04-15T19:12:55  <jonasschnelli> (like tax declaration, financial statements, etc.)
512 2021-04-15T19:13:04  <achow101> For context, the CA/B forum changed the requirements for organization validation for code signing certificates. So we need to register the association with government authority in order to get a certificate issued.
513 2021-04-15T19:13:11  <jonasschnelli> The Bitcoin Association Switzerland is now helping me to set this up...
514 2021-04-15T19:13:16  <sipa> What is CA/B ?
515 2021-04-15T19:13:27  <achow101> Certificate Authority / Browser forum
516 2021-04-15T19:13:29  <jonasschnelli> but since gov is necesarry for that part,..it might take awhile
517 2021-04-15T19:13:44  <achow101> that's the group that sets the rules for CAs and other related things
518 2021-04-15T19:13:44  <sipa> jonasschnelli: it's swiss government, aren't they super fast :)
519 2021-04-15T19:13:54  <jonasschnelli> no in everything. :)
520 2021-04-15T19:13:58  <jonasschnelli> *not
521 2021-04-15T19:14:08  <sipa> ok, what's a realistic timeline?
522 2021-04-15T19:14:16  <jonasschnelli> I don't have an estimate... and without the proper registration, we won't get new window certificates
523 2021-04-15T19:14:21  <jonasschnelli> (unsure about mac)
524 2021-04-15T19:14:28  *** Talkless <Talkless!~Talkless@mail.dargis.net> has quit IRC (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
525 2021-04-15T19:14:36  <jonasschnelli> As soon as the lawyer take on the job, I think i can get an est.
526 2021-04-15T19:14:39  <achow101> I expect Apple will now have similar requirements as they must adhere to the same rules to remain a CA
527 2021-04-15T19:14:40  <jonasschnelli> probably 2-3 month,
528 2021-04-15T19:14:54  <jonasschnelli> achow101: very likely
529 2021-04-15T19:15:15  <sipa> could we try to do this in another jurisdiction?
530 2021-04-15T19:15:21  <sipa> where it's faster
531 2021-04-15T19:15:35  <achow101> An alternative I am beginning to explore now is to setup a LLC in the US, But I am not sure if that will be any faster
532 2021-04-15T19:15:48  <jonasschnelli> maybe it is also 3-4 weeks... as said. Just a wild guess right now
533 2021-04-15T19:16:06  <BlueMatt> achow101: you should be able to get an LLC in most states in a few days, max
534 2021-04-15T19:16:19  <BlueMatt> I know new york is like well under a week, maybe 1 biz day
535 2021-04-15T19:16:24  <jonasschnelli> a US LLC would be an option.
536 2021-04-15T19:16:25  <achow101> There are additional requirements for newly created organizations too...
537 2021-04-15T19:16:54  <roconnor> how about buying a shelf company. :D
538 2021-04-15T19:16:57  <jonasschnelli> If we want, we could do both (as sort of a redundancy)
539 2021-04-15T19:17:06  <sipa> a shelf company or a shell company?
540 2021-04-15T19:17:27  <provoostenator> A SPAC?
541 2021-04-15T19:17:29  <sipa> i like switzerland as a jurisdiction though, for things like this
542 2021-04-15T19:17:35  <jonasschnelli> me 2
543 2021-04-15T19:17:41  <provoostenator> We could raise billions for the certificate in the current market climate :-)
544 2021-04-15T19:17:50  <jonasschnelli> I can probably give an update on the est in a few days
545 2021-04-15T19:18:09  <sipa> this is currently a problem for signing new windows binaries, right?
546 2021-04-15T19:18:14  <achow101> yes
547 2021-04-15T19:18:20  <sipa> and we expect it will be a problem for apple binaries too in the near future?
548 2021-04-15T19:18:21  <jonasschnelli> Things that hit the company registry, often take a few weeks (AFAIK). Because ,... hm... its a gov database. :)
549 2021-04-15T19:18:22  <roconnor> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelf_corporation
550 2021-04-15T19:18:31  <achow101> sipa: yes
551 2021-04-15T19:18:32  <roconnor> but I probably shouldn't be commenting since i have no idea what I'm talking about.
552 2021-04-15T19:18:42  <provoostenator> But yeah,  all things equal - other than some delay - I'd rather see this thing in Switserland than in the US.
553 2021-04-15T19:18:50  <jonasschnelli> I could try to extend the apple certificate and see what happens...
554 2021-04-15T19:19:24  <wumpus> hopefully it doesn't get retroactively revoked too
555 2021-04-15T19:19:43  <jonasschnelli> That would really surprise me.
556 2021-04-15T19:20:02  <jonasschnelli> I think apple isn't that restrictive (as long as it is not malware)
557 2021-04-15T19:20:22  <wumpus> okay, great
558 2021-04-15T19:20:30  <jonasschnelli> conclusion: we are on it. No clear esta. I'll keep you updated.
559 2021-04-15T19:20:56  <wumpus> thank you!
560 2021-04-15T19:20:57  <sipa> okay
561 2021-04-15T19:21:01  <sipa> sounds good
562 2021-04-15T19:21:33  <wumpus> #topic 0.21 backports and 0.21.1rc1 (achow101)
563 2021-04-15T19:22:28  <achow101> to meet the timeline discussed previously for taproot activation, we need to have 0.21.1rc1 in the next few days
564 2021-04-15T19:22:44  <jeremyrubin>  \o/
565 2021-04-15T19:22:54  <achow101> the parameters have been merged into master, so all that's left is to do the backport
566 2021-04-15T19:23:02  <achow101> and close out any remaining 0.21.1 backports
567 2021-04-15T19:23:17  <jeremyrubin> achow101: also it's worth pointing out that backports are only required insofar as people want to signal via a backport client
568 2021-04-15T19:24:04  <jeremyrubin> backports aren't blocking IMO for signaling, e.g. some miners use a recent core to gate old core patched mining nodes
569 2021-04-15T19:24:07  <wumpus> isn't the backport the most important thing? at least the 0.21.x one
570 2021-04-15T19:24:16  <achow101> considering that 22.0 probably won't land until after the timeout time, we need to have the backport
571 2021-04-15T19:24:25  <wumpus> besides that softforks are never introduced in major versions
572 2021-04-15T19:24:43  <provoostenator> n00b question, but signalling has to be done manually by miners anyway right? Or does getblocktemplate do that automagically?
573 2021-04-15T19:24:44  <jeremyrubin> true, I just mean that the backports (given the minactivetime) can happen anytime before that height quite safely
574 2021-04-15T19:25:03  <jeremyrubin> unless we think that miners will do signaling via backported clients
575 2021-04-15T19:25:18  <jeremyrubin> But I agree we should get them out promptly, just that I don't perceive it as blocking
576 2021-04-15T19:25:27  <jeremyrubin> but others can disagree with that assessment
577 2021-04-15T19:25:31  <achow101> there are currently 5 things tagged for backport (or as backport) to 0.21.
578 2021-04-15T19:25:47  <achow101> 3 are as backport, 2 are for backport
579 2021-04-15T19:25:50  <harding> provoostenator: GBT does it automatically; I tested that was working as part of my review of 21377 (on regtest with vbparams).
580 2021-04-15T19:26:14  <harding> provoostenator: but minres will probably do it manually anyway.
581 2021-04-15T19:26:14  <provoostenator> Ah you're right, I do remember regtest signalling, just nevered inspected how that works.
582 2021-04-15T19:26:17  <hebasto> wumpus: is it assumed to update translations for 0.21.1?
583 2021-04-15T19:26:55  <jonatack> note bene, i'd suggest adding #21644 for backport, it fixes a bug in v0.21
584 2021-04-15T19:26:57  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21644 | p2p, bugfix: use NetPermissions::HasFlag() in CConnman::Bind() by jonatack · Pull Request #21644 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
585 2021-04-15T19:27:25  <wumpus> hebasto: yes, unless there is a reason for skipping that?
586 2021-04-15T19:27:42  <provoostenator> Anyway I would much miners to use the 0.21.1 release as soon as  it comes out rather than "oh yeah, I'll remember to upgrade later".
587 2021-04-15T19:27:54  <provoostenator> So not blocking, but we should not wait too long either.
588 2021-04-15T19:28:29  <hebasto> wumpus: no reasons for skipping at all :) just want to restore wiped out Ukrainian translation
589 2021-04-15T19:28:37  <jeremyrubin> provoostenator: +1 -- just note that the "later" is by minactivationheight
590 2021-04-15T19:29:00  <wumpus> hebasto: makes sense!
591 2021-04-15T19:29:17  <achow101> I think it would be reasonable to merge the current backports and leave the rest tagged for 0.21.1 for 0.21.2?
592 2021-04-15T19:29:38  <wumpus> achow101: would agree, unless they are critical bugs of course
593 2021-04-15T19:29:56  <wumpus> but we can definitely leave 'would be nice' stuff for 0.21.2
594 2021-04-15T19:30:07  <sipa> makes sense
595 2021-04-15T19:30:10  <provoostenator> There's a Boost dependency URL change PR, which should probably go in too
596 2021-04-15T19:30:25  <provoostenator> #21662
597 2021-04-15T19:30:27  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21662 | build: update Boost download URL by fdoving · Pull Request #21662 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
598 2021-04-15T19:30:34  <hebasto> ^ agree
599 2021-04-15T19:31:29  *** glozow is now known as help
600 2021-04-15T19:31:39  *** help is now known as glozow
601 2021-04-15T19:31:59  <wumpus> any other topics?
602 2021-04-15T19:32:45  <wumpus> #endmeeting
603 2021-04-15T19:33:59  <achow101> well if there are current PRs that we should have for 0.21.1, please tag them as such
604 2021-04-15T19:35:57  <roconnor> Apparently Companies Incorporated will sell Wolf and Associates LLC from Marshall Islands for $4809.
605 2021-04-15T19:36:26  <achow101> I don't think a shelf company would be the way to go
606 2021-04-15T19:36:33  <roconnor> Though if we have to sign binaries with that name, that will be confusing...
607 2021-04-15T19:36:35  <jonatack> just updated the description in the PR I mentioned...peers with the download net permission flag are incorrectly not being added to local addresses because they are mistakenly seen as noban peers
608 2021-04-15T19:36:37  <achow101> seems kinda sketchy
609 2021-04-15T19:37:22  <roconnor> I mean, they are for people who want "to save the time involved in taking the steps to create a new corporation."
610 2021-04-15T19:37:42  <roconnor> which tends to be for sketch organizations.  But we want it for good purposes. :D
611 2021-04-15T19:38:13  <jonatack> achow101: agree
612 2021-04-15T19:38:21  *** braydonf <braydonf!~braydon@gateway/tor-sasl/braydonf> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
613 2021-04-15T19:39:03  <roconnor> That said, Wikipedia also claims "In Australia, a new company can get registered within 10 minutes."
614 2021-04-15T19:39:25  <roconnor> but achow101 mention something about restrictions regarding certificates for newly formed corporations.
615 2021-04-15T19:39:28  *** cguida <cguida!~Adium@2601:282:200:ae00:3dcc:eebe:8776:8907> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving.)
616 2021-04-15T19:39:35  *** braydonf <braydonf!~braydon@gateway/tor-sasl/braydonf> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
617 2021-04-15T19:39:44  *** cguida <cguida!~Adium@2601:282:200:ae00:1de6:ad14:289f:e840> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
618 2021-04-15T19:40:40  <achow101> The validation requirements are specified in https://cabforum.org/wp-content/uploads/baseline_requirements_for_the_issuance_and_management_of_code_signing.v2.2.pdf section 11.1.1
619 2021-04-15T19:41:24  <achow101> A new LLC would run into "If the Subject’s or Subject’s Affiliate’s, Parent Company’s, or Subsidiary Company’sdate of formation, as indicated by either a QIIS or QGIS, was less than three years prior to the date of the Certificate Request, verify the identity of the Certificate Requester"
620 2021-04-15T19:41:37  <sipsorcery> dunno if it's of any use but Nicolas Dorier was/is involved in a Swiss company.
621 2021-04-15T19:41:39  <achow101> but I don't know if that would be a significant issue
622 2021-04-15T19:41:57  <sipsorcery> he'd probably be able to offer advice if needed
623 2021-04-15T19:43:07  <sipsorcery> maybe it would even help with the costs given it's a bitcoin company...
624 2021-04-15T19:44:02  <roconnor> oh, that doesn't sound like that big of a hurdle if I'm reading that correctly.
625 2021-04-15T19:44:06  *** cguida <cguida!~Adium@2601:282:200:ae00:1de6:ad14:289f:e840> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
626 2021-04-15T19:45:15  <achow101> probably
627 2021-04-15T19:59:25  *** stortz <stortz!c8b9c69a@unaffiliated/stortz> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
628 2021-04-15T20:01:52  <aj> gleb: (could spin up a dedicated signet for erlay pretty easily, but either way would need something to fake txs on it -- that could just be something that generates txs to send to itself on a poisson timer though?)
629 2021-04-15T20:04:19  *** smartineng <smartineng!~Icedove@88.135.18.171> has quit IRC (Quit: smartineng)
630 2021-04-15T20:23:37  *** cguida <cguida!~Adium@205.209.28.54> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
631 2021-04-15T20:23:47  *** cguida <cguida!~Adium@205.209.28.54> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
632 2021-04-15T20:24:06  *** cguida <cguida!~Adium@205.209.28.54> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
633 2021-04-15T20:29:17  *** ccdle12 <ccdle12!955adef3@243.222.90.149.rev.vodafone.pt> has quit IRC (Quit: Connection closed)
634 2021-04-15T20:29:19  *** Guyver2__ <Guyver2__!~Guyver@guyver2.xs4all.nl> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
635 2021-04-15T20:31:30  *** Guyver2__ is now known as Guyver2
636 2021-04-15T20:31:47  *** Guyver2_ <Guyver2_!Guyver@guyver2.xs4all.nl> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
637 2021-04-15T20:37:11  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
638 2021-04-15T20:40:50  *** TheRec <TheRec!~toto@drupal.org/user/146860/view> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
639 2021-04-15T20:40:52  *** TheRec_ <TheRec_!~toto@84-75-225-47.dclient.hispeed.ch> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
640 2021-04-15T20:43:48  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
641 2021-04-15T20:46:38  *** cmirror <cmirror!~cmirror@4.53.92.114> has quit IRC (Quit: (Botdeath))
642 2021-04-15T20:48:26  *** cmirror <cmirror!~cmirror@4.53.92.114> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
643 2021-04-15T20:51:22  *** ovovo <ovovo!~ovovo@2a02:20c8:4124::5e> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
644 2021-04-15T20:53:03  *** owowo <owowo!~ovovo@unaffiliated/ovovo> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
645 2021-04-15T20:59:32  *** Guyver2 <Guyver2!~Guyver@guyver2.xs4all.nl> has quit IRC (Quit: Going offline, see ya! (www.adiirc.com))
646 2021-04-15T21:04:03  <jeremyrubin> BTW trying to debug https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/runs/2355293835 still
647 2021-04-15T21:04:15  <jeremyrubin> What is expected here?
648 2021-04-15T21:04:30  <jeremyrubin> these identifiers are definitely present in this translation unit
649 2021-04-15T21:08:47  *** TheRec_ <TheRec_!~toto@drupal.org/user/146860/view> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
650 2021-04-15T21:11:00  *** TheRec <TheRec!~toto@84-75-225-47.dclient.hispeed.ch> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
651 2021-04-15T21:11:30  *** justanotheruser <justanotheruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
652 2021-04-15T21:14:13  *** duringo <duringo!ad004d10@173.0.77.16> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
653 2021-04-15T21:14:48  *** Randolf <Randolf!~randolf@184.70.10.188> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
654 2021-04-15T21:24:57  *** Kiminuo <Kiminuo!~Kiminuo@185.216.35.121> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
655 2021-04-15T21:30:27  <jeremyrubin> pet peeve: could we make all the build artifacts go into a hidden directory? cfields_?
656 2021-04-15T21:41:46  <jeremyrubin> I think i fixed the ident issue, was the order of defns.
657 2021-04-15T21:41:50  <jeremyrubin> err declarations
658 2021-04-15T21:46:40  *** mol_ <mol_!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
659 2021-04-15T21:46:45  *** justanotheruser <justanotheruser!~justanoth@unaffiliated/justanotheruser> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
660 2021-04-15T21:47:32  *** lightlike <lightlike!~lightlike@p200300c7ef1c4300056a7e5292fbb9bf.dip0.t-ipconnect.de> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
661 2021-04-15T21:51:01  *** mol <mol!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
662 2021-04-15T22:41:46  *** joerodgers <joerodgers!joerodgers@gateway/vpn/mullvad/joerodgers/x-62861712> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
663 2021-04-15T22:57:57  *** braydonf <braydonf!~braydon@gateway/tor-sasl/braydonf> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
664 2021-04-15T22:59:39  *** braydonf <braydonf!~braydon@gateway/tor-sasl/braydonf> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
665 2021-04-15T23:04:08  *** molz_ <molz_!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
666 2021-04-15T23:07:40  *** mol_ <mol_!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
667 2021-04-15T23:09:19  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
668 2021-04-15T23:24:40  *** TheRec_ <TheRec_!~toto@84-75-225-47.dclient.hispeed.ch> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
669 2021-04-15T23:24:40  *** TheRec <TheRec!~toto@drupal.org/user/146860/view> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
670 2021-04-15T23:29:43  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
671 2021-04-15T23:41:48  *** cguida <cguida!~Adium@205.209.28.54> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving.)
672 2021-04-15T23:43:38  *** OP_NOP_ <OP_NOP_!OP_NOP@gateway/vpn/privateinternetaccess/opnop/x-41418994> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
673 2021-04-15T23:46:33  *** OP_NOP <OP_NOP!OP_NOP@gateway/vpn/privateinternetaccess/opnop/x-41418994> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
674 2021-04-15T23:46:50  *** _joerodgers <_joerodgers!joerodgers@gateway/vpn/mullvad/joerodgers/x-62861712> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
675 2021-04-15T23:46:55  *** joerodgers <joerodgers!joerodgers@gateway/vpn/mullvad/joerodgers/x-62861712> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
676 2021-04-15T23:48:08  *** meinwolf <meinwolf!~meinwolf@unaffiliated/meinwolf> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
677 2021-04-15T23:48:28  *** meinwolf <meinwolf!~meinwolf@unaffiliated/meinwolf> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
678 2021-04-15T23:56:33  *** molz_ <molz_!~mol@unaffiliated/molly> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)