1 2021-06-17T00:15:07  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@71pc74.sshunet.nl> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving...)
  2 2021-06-17T00:35:27  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  3 2021-06-17T00:35:27  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jamesob opened pull request #22263: refactor: wrap CCoinsViewCursor in unique_ptr (master...2021-06-cursor-unique-ptr) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22263
  4 2021-06-17T00:35:28  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
  5 2021-06-17T00:39:26  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
  6 2021-06-17T01:25:20  *** evias <evias!~evias__@196.red-88-6-131.staticip.rima-tde.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  7 2021-06-17T01:27:37  *** donny <donny!uid133844@id-133844.brockwell.irccloud.com> has quit IRC (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
  8 2021-06-17T01:41:58  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  9 2021-06-17T02:05:56  *** marcinja <marcinja!~marcinja@152.89.160.187> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 10 2021-06-17T02:13:16  *** marcinja <marcinja!~marcinja@152.89.160.187> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
 11 2021-06-17T02:27:39  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
 12 2021-06-17T02:36:35  *** jarthur <jarthur!~jarthur@2603-8080-1540-002d-d88a-0d46-4103-a0ae.res6.spectrum.com> has quit IRC (Quit: jarthur)
 13 2021-06-17T02:40:37  <ariard> #proposedmeetingtopic CoreDev in 2021, a.k.a project might benefit to reconnect with in-person meetings
 14 2021-06-17T03:03:57  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 15 2021-06-17T03:03:57  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] vechiv opened pull request #22265: Update wallet.cpp (master...patch-2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22265
 16 2021-06-17T03:03:58  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 17 2021-06-17T03:04:31  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 18 2021-06-17T03:04:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto closed pull request #22265: Update wallet.cpp (master...patch-2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22265
 19 2021-06-17T03:04:32  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 20 2021-06-17T03:21:22  *** prakash <prakash!~prakash@58.182.42.155> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
 21 2021-06-17T03:23:21  *** Guest69 <Guest69!~Guest69@2400:dd01:100f:5f38:7815:fb0d:3004:cf83> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 22 2021-06-17T03:23:22  *** Guest69 <Guest69!~Guest69@2400:dd01:100f:5f38:7815:fb0d:3004:cf83> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
 23 2021-06-17T03:45:26  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 24 2021-06-17T03:45:26  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/6bc1eca01b2f...65c4a36e57c5
 25 2021-06-17T03:45:26  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1111457 MarcoFalke: build: Disable deprecated-copy warning only when external warnings are ena...
 26 2021-06-17T03:45:26  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 65c4a36 fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22258: build: Disable deprecated-copy warning only w...
 27 2021-06-17T03:45:28  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 28 2021-06-17T03:45:42  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 29 2021-06-17T03:45:42  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #22258: build: Disable deprecated-copy warning only when external warnings are enabled (master...2106-buildEnableWarnDeprecatedCopy) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22258
 30 2021-06-17T03:45:43  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 31 2021-06-17T03:50:33  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 32 2021-06-17T04:22:30  *** donny <donny!uid133844@id-133844.brockwell.irccloud.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 33 2021-06-17T04:24:01  *** donny <donny!uid133844@id-133844.brockwell.irccloud.com> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
 34 2021-06-17T04:24:16  *** donny <donny!uid133844@id-133844.brockwell.irccloud.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 35 2021-06-17T04:42:50  *** donny <donny!uid133844@id-133844.brockwell.irccloud.com> has quit IRC ()
 36 2021-06-17T04:48:13  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 37 2021-06-17T04:48:13  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 7 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/65c4a36e57c5...7c561bea5288
 38 2021-06-17T04:48:13  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fc0eca3 Sjors Provoost: fuzz: fix fuzz binary linking order
 39 2021-06-17T04:48:13  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7d94530 Sjors Provoost: refactor: clean up external_signer.h includes
 40 2021-06-17T04:48:13  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5be90c9 Sjors Provoost: build: enable external signer by default
 41 2021-06-17T04:48:15  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 42 2021-06-17T04:48:31  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 43 2021-06-17T04:48:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #21935: Enable external signer support by default, reduce #ifdef (master...2021/05/hww-qt-compile) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21935
 44 2021-06-17T04:48:32  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 45 2021-06-17T04:52:32  <achow101> \o/
 46 2021-06-17T05:05:58  *** prakash <prakash!~prakash@58.182.42.155> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 47 2021-06-17T05:11:08  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 48 2021-06-17T05:11:08  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7c561bea5288...d50302625e11
 49 2021-06-17T05:11:08  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 28a9c9b Carl Dong: Make SHA256SUMS fragment right after build
 50 2021-06-17T05:11:08  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4cc35da Carl Dong: Rewrite guix-{attest,verify} for new hier
 51 2021-06-17T05:11:08  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e2c40a4 Carl Dong: guix-attest: Error out if SHA256SUMS is unexpected
 52 2021-06-17T05:11:10  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 53 2021-06-17T05:11:25  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 54 2021-06-17T05:11:25  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #22182: guix: Overhaul how guix-{attest,verify} works and hierarchy (master...2021-05-guix-attestation-overhaul) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22182
 55 2021-06-17T05:11:26  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 56 2021-06-17T05:23:32  *** prakash <prakash!~prakash@58.182.42.155> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
 57 2021-06-17T05:26:00  *** prakash <prakash!~prakash@58.182.42.155> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 58 2021-06-17T05:26:21  *** prakash <prakash!~prakash@58.182.42.155> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
 59 2021-06-17T05:35:52  *** prakash <prakash!~prakash@58.182.42.155> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 60 2021-06-17T05:41:10  *** roconnor <roconnor!~roconnor@host-184-164-16-124.dyn.295.ca> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
 61 2021-06-17T05:42:39  *** prakash87 <prakash87!~prakash@58.182.42.155> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 62 2021-06-17T05:46:03  *** goatpig <goatpig!~goat@h-94-254-2-155.A498.priv.bahnhof.se> has quit IRC (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
 63 2021-06-17T05:46:37  *** prakash87 <prakash87!~prakash@58.182.42.155> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
 64 2021-06-17T06:05:44  *** prakash <prakash!~prakash@user/prakash> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
 65 2021-06-17T06:12:24  *** goatpig <goatpig!~goat@blocksettle-gw.cust.31173.se> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 66 2021-06-17T06:25:11  *** smartin <smartin!~Icedove@88.135.18.171> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 67 2021-06-17T06:43:27  *** baldur <baldur!~baldur@pool-108-30-51-126.nycmny.fios.verizon.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
 68 2021-06-17T06:45:29  *** dviola <dviola!~diego@user/dviola> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 69 2021-06-17T06:48:38  *** sagi <sagi!~sagi@193.238.189.12> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 70 2021-06-17T06:50:10  *** jespada <jespada!~jespada@90.254.247.46> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
 71 2021-06-17T06:52:13  *** jespada <jespada!~jespada@90.254.247.46> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 72 2021-06-17T06:52:18  *** Guyver2 <Guyver2!Guyver@guyver2.xs4all.nl> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 73 2021-06-17T06:53:59  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 74 2021-06-17T06:56:12  *** baldur <baldur!~baldur@pool-108-30-51-126.nycmny.fios.verizon.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 75 2021-06-17T07:07:49  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 76 2021-06-17T07:07:49  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/d50302625e11...dd24567a243f
 77 2021-06-17T07:07:49  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 754e802 Luke Dashjr: test: check rejected future block later accepted
 78 2021-06-17T07:07:49  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master dd24567 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22120: test: p2p_invalid_block: Check that a block r...
 79 2021-06-17T07:07:51  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 80 2021-06-17T07:08:06  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 81 2021-06-17T07:08:06  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22120: test: p2p_invalid_block: Check that a block rejected due to too-new tim… (master...qa_timetoonew_retry) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22120
 82 2021-06-17T07:08:07  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 83 2021-06-17T07:41:30  *** CaptainLion <CaptainLion!~User@47.157.125.162> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
 84 2021-06-17T07:42:28  *** CaptainLion <CaptainLion!~User@47.157.125.162> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 85 2021-06-17T07:42:58  <vasild> amiti: "why are these approach concerns only being raised now?" I wasn't aware of your work before yesterday. I think late concerns are normal annoyance in software development, not specific to Bitcoin Core or decentralized projects (I worked 10 years in Oracle, I know!). In the same way you seem to be unaware of previous attempts to fix the black holdes problem and explicit signaling for address
 86 2021-06-17T07:43:04  <vasild> relay: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17163 https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17194 https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/pull/766#discussion_r336669541 https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/pull/907#issuecomment-686044611. It is annoying, but being late does not make the concerns automatically less valid.
 87 2021-06-17T07:45:54  *** dermoth <dermoth!~dermoth@user/dermoth> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
 88 2021-06-17T07:50:28  *** lkqwejhhgasdjhgn <lkqwejhhgasdjhgn!~kljkljklk@p200300d46f03bc006e75391897515100.dip0.t-ipconnect.de> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 89 2021-06-17T07:51:57  *** dermoth <dermoth!~dermoth@user/dermoth> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 90 2021-06-17T07:56:42  *** sagi <sagi!~sagi@193.238.189.12> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
 91 2021-06-17T08:07:22  <vasild> amiti: "In regards to the path forward for #21528 & #22245, it seems like the concerns are all focusing specifically on SENDADDRV2 and the wording of that specific bip" -- no, that's not the case. My biggest concern is changing the meaning of getaddr, addr, addrv2 (and sendaddrv2 if 22245 is considered). I explained that in https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22245#issuecomment-862539375. My
 92 2021-06-17T08:07:25  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21528 | [p2p] Reduce addr blackholes by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #21528 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 93 2021-06-17T08:07:26  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22245 | [p2p] Stop sending SENDADDRV2 message to block-relay-only peers by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #22245 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 94 2021-06-17T08:07:28  <vasild> concern can be split in 2 sub-concerns: 1. these changes (extensions) to the protocol are done without a new BIP or modifying existent ones and 2. even if with BIP, on the technical level, I think assuming that if a node sends one of getaddr,addr,addrv2,sendaddrv2 then they participate in address relay is wrong, some examples: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21528#issuecomment-862312851
 95 2021-06-17T08:09:50  <sipa> vasild: i don't think that's the right takeaway - we already relay to everyone, there is no assumption right now that everyone participates in addr relay
 96 2021-06-17T08:10:15  <sipa> it's a heuristic for identifying situations where the receiver *doesn't* care about relay
 97 2021-06-17T08:11:03  <vasild> "*doesn't* care about relay" -- you mean "would not relay to other nodes", right?
 98 2021-06-17T08:11:27  <sipa> no, just in the most general sense, for whatever reason, does not care to receive unsolicited addr messages
 99 2021-06-17T08:11:45  <vasild> there may be nodes that do care about receiving addr relay but don't relay further
100 2021-06-17T08:11:46  <sipa> whether they want those to relay further, to store in an addrman, to connect to, ...
101 2021-06-17T08:11:56  <sipa> yes, definitely
102 2021-06-17T08:12:31  <vasild> you would classify such nodes as "cares for addr relay"?
103 2021-06-17T08:12:34  <sipa> yes
104 2021-06-17T08:12:38  <vasild> ok
105 2021-06-17T08:13:23  *** ratatosk9 <ratatosk9!~ratatosk9@185.195.233.168> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
106 2021-06-17T08:13:45  <sipa> i wrote a longer response with my thoughts here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22245#issuecomment-862657075
107 2021-06-17T08:14:20  <vasild> So, now we relay to everyone and the proposed change is to not relay to peers who never sent us getaddr,addr,addrv2,sendaddrv2?
108 2021-06-17T08:14:46  <sipa> i suggest dropping sendaddrv2 from that list, but yes
109 2021-06-17T08:16:07  <sipa> amiti went through a lot of effort to determine if such a change would actually hurt any software - without such an effort my thinking would be that we need an explicit separate bip for opting in/out of gossip
110 2021-06-17T08:16:21  <sipa> and i think we may still want that over time
111 2021-06-17T08:16:38  <sipa> but at the same time, this seems like a strictly better policy for now, absent any formalization
112 2021-06-17T08:17:14  <vasild> What about nodes that "care about relay" (want to receive gossip), but never send getaddr,addr,addrv2 to anybody? Or send those messages occasionally to some random peers but we just don't happen to be amongst the chosen ones?
113 2021-06-17T08:17:48  <sipa> it appears no such software exists
114 2021-06-17T08:18:16  <sipa> but without a bunch of effort to actually go check what various pieces of software do, and posting on ML, ... i agree that would be a concern
115 2021-06-17T08:19:24  <vasild> you mean for the first "never send to anybody" -- I don't object the research, assume no such one exists now, but is it safe to assume that no such one would exist in the future? As for the second type - "Or send those messages occasionally" -- bitcoin core is such.
116 2021-06-17T08:20:33  <sipa> the proposed change is enabling addr relay on outbound non-block-only connections, or incoming connections that ever send (getaddr,addr,addrv2; and maybe sendaddrv2)
117 2021-06-17T08:20:34  <vasild> (I have not read github posts for the last ~14 hours yet)
118 2021-06-17T08:21:28  <sipa> i believe that policy wouldn't affect any bitcoin core versions in the past or those with the proposed change
119 2021-06-17T08:24:30  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
120 2021-06-17T08:24:30  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] endjkv opened pull request #22266: refactor: call GetBestBlock() before NewIterator() (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22266
121 2021-06-17T08:24:31  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
122 2021-06-17T08:24:42  <sipa> going to sleep now
123 2021-06-17T08:25:40  <sipa> anyway, happy to discuss further to find a solution everyone is comfortable with
124 2021-06-17T08:28:30  * vasild reading related code and github posts...
125 2021-06-17T08:37:58  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
126 2021-06-17T08:37:58  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #22267: fuzz: Speed up crypto fuzz target (master...2106-fuzzSpeedCrypto) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22267
127 2021-06-17T08:37:59  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
128 2021-06-17T08:38:28  *** rorie <rorie!~rorie@45.67.96.239> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
129 2021-06-17T08:46:26  *** rorie <rorie!~rorie@45.67.96.239> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
130 2021-06-17T08:57:25  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
131 2021-06-17T08:57:25  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #22268: fuzz: Add Temporary debug assert for oss-fuzz issue (master...2106-fuzzAssert) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22268
132 2021-06-17T08:57:26  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2021-06-17T09:02:55  *** kexkey_ <kexkey_!~kexkey@static-198-54-132-142.cust.tzulo.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
134 2021-06-17T09:04:30  *** kexkey <kexkey!~kexkey@static-198-54-132-110.cust.tzulo.com> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
135 2021-06-17T09:26:22  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@71pc74.sshunet.nl> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
136 2021-06-17T09:38:22  *** prakash <prakash!~prakash@user/prakash> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
137 2021-06-17T09:44:20  *** rejvons <rejvons!~ratatosk9@185.213.154.237> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2021-06-17T09:47:13  *** ratatosk9 <ratatosk9!~ratatosk9@185.195.233.168> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
139 2021-06-17T09:54:30  *** dviola <dviola!~diego@user/dviola> has quit IRC (Quit: WeeChat 3.2)
140 2021-06-17T09:56:40  *** sagi <sagi!~sagi@193.238.189.12> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
141 2021-06-17T10:05:06  *** rejvons <rejvons!~ratatosk9@185.213.154.237> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
142 2021-06-17T10:26:41  *** prakash_ <prakash_!~prakash@191.96.121.204> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
143 2021-06-17T10:28:52  *** prakash__ <prakash__!~prakash@154.6.26.15> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
144 2021-06-17T10:30:23  *** prakash <prakash!~prakash@user/prakash> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
145 2021-06-17T10:32:20  *** prakash_ <prakash_!~prakash@191.96.121.204> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
146 2021-06-17T10:35:14  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has quit IRC (Quit: = "")
147 2021-06-17T10:35:22  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@user/luke-jr> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC - http://znc.sourceforge.net)
148 2021-06-17T10:37:23  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@user/luke-jr> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
149 2021-06-17T10:40:10  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@user/luke-jr> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
150 2021-06-17T10:41:37  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@user/luke-jr> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
151 2021-06-17T10:47:06  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@user/luke-jr> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC - http://znc.sourceforge.net)
152 2021-06-17T10:50:05  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@user/luke-jr> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
153 2021-06-17T10:56:33  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
154 2021-06-17T10:56:34  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/dd24567a243f...6eafa81b32fd
155 2021-06-17T10:56:34  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa483e9 MarcoFalke: fuzz: Speed up crypto fuzz target
156 2021-06-17T10:56:34  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6eafa81 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22267: fuzz: Speed up crypto fuzz target
157 2021-06-17T10:56:35  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
158 2021-06-17T10:56:50  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
159 2021-06-17T10:56:51  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22267: fuzz: Speed up crypto fuzz target (master...2106-fuzzSpeedCrypto) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22267
160 2021-06-17T10:56:52  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
161 2021-06-17T11:19:16  *** prakash_ <prakash_!~prakash@58.182.42.155> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
162 2021-06-17T11:21:26  *** prakash_ <prakash_!~prakash@58.182.42.155> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
163 2021-06-17T11:22:58  *** prakash__ <prakash__!~prakash@154.6.26.15> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
164 2021-06-17T11:42:14  *** Guest48 <Guest48!~Guest48@103.102.116.37> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
165 2021-06-17T11:42:46  *** Guest48 <Guest48!~Guest48@103.102.116.37> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
166 2021-06-17T12:11:27  *** emcy <emcy!~emcy@user/emcy> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
167 2021-06-17T12:49:20  *** TheRec <TheRec!~toto@84-75-225-47.dclient.hispeed.ch> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
168 2021-06-17T12:52:01  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
169 2021-06-17T12:52:02  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #22270: Add missing bitcoin-util help doc and tests (master...2106-utilTestDoc) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22270
170 2021-06-17T12:52:03  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
171 2021-06-17T12:56:22  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@user/luke-jr> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC - http://znc.sourceforge.net)
172 2021-06-17T12:56:49  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@user/luke-jr> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
173 2021-06-17T12:59:23  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
174 2021-06-17T12:59:23  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/6eafa81b32fd...922abe8ca382
175 2021-06-17T12:59:23  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master faf1af5 MarcoFalke: fuzz: Add Temporary debug assert for oss-fuzz issue
176 2021-06-17T12:59:23  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 922abe8 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22268: fuzz: Add temporary debug assert for oss-fuzz...
177 2021-06-17T12:59:26  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
178 2021-06-17T12:59:39  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
179 2021-06-17T12:59:39  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22268: fuzz: Add temporary debug assert for oss-fuzz issue (master...2106-fuzzAssert) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22268
180 2021-06-17T12:59:40  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
181 2021-06-17T13:00:51  *** rejvons <rejvons!~ratatosk9@45.83.220.194> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
182 2021-06-17T13:02:56  *** rejvons <rejvons!~ratatosk9@45.83.220.194> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
183 2021-06-17T13:10:52  *** ratatosk9 <ratatosk9!~ratatosk9@45.83.220.218> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
184 2021-06-17T13:14:07  *** kexkey_ is now known as kexkey
185 2021-06-17T13:22:57  *** ratatosk9 <ratatosk9!~ratatosk9@45.83.220.218> has quit IRC (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
186 2021-06-17T13:24:24  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@user/luke-jr> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC - http://znc.sourceforge.net)
187 2021-06-17T13:24:52  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@user/luke-jr> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
188 2021-06-17T13:29:23  *** laanwj <laanwj!~laanwj@user/laanwj> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
189 2021-06-17T13:42:44  *** reez <reez!~textual@45-30-22-183.lightspeed.nsvltn.sbcglobal.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
190 2021-06-17T13:58:18  *** emcy <emcy!~emcy@user/emcy> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
191 2021-06-17T14:06:18  *** sagi <sagi!~sagi@193.238.189.12> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
192 2021-06-17T14:14:51  *** davterra <davterra!~davterra@178.128.106.205> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
193 2021-06-17T14:15:47  <michaelfolkson> Why did 0.21.1 include the ability to pay to (presumably mainnet) Taproot addresses? Shouldn't it have been just signet, regtest Taproot addresses until activation?
194 2021-06-17T14:15:55  <michaelfolkson> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/release-notes/release-notes-0.21.1.md#taproot-soft-fork
195 2021-06-17T14:16:20  <michaelfolkson> Havent'
196 2021-06-17T14:16:24  *** davterra <davterra!~davterra@178.128.106.205> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
197 2021-06-17T14:16:39  <michaelfolkson> Haven't verified that it did but the release notes say it did
198 2021-06-17T14:17:15  <jamesob> this is maybe a weird question but does anyone know of a way to have two nodes sync headers in functional tests without syncing the corresponding blocks?
199 2021-06-17T14:18:49  <_aj_> jamesob: inject the headers via a P2PConnection ?
200 2021-06-17T14:19:03  <jamesob> _aj_: ah good call
201 2021-06-17T14:19:18  <jamesob> i.e. P2PConnection ferries headers from one to the other
202 2021-06-17T14:19:51  *** goatpig <goatpig!~goat@blocksettle-gw.cust.31173.se> has quit IRC (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
203 2021-06-17T14:19:56  <_aj_> jamesob: can't have a single P2PConnection connected to two nodes per se, but yeah
204 2021-06-17T14:20:21  <jamesob> _aj_: see this is why they pay you the big bucks
205 2021-06-17T14:23:34  *** emcy <emcy!~emcy@user/emcy> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
206 2021-06-17T14:27:28  <jnewbery> jamesob: you could also use the `submitheader` RPC. Might be easier than using P2PConnection: call `getblock` on the source node, take the first 80 bytes, and submit them to the destination node with `submitheader`
207 2021-06-17T14:27:51  <jamesob> jnewbery: also appealing - thanks!
208 2021-06-17T14:29:01  *** roconnor <roconnor!~roconnor@host-184-164-17-170.dyn.295.ca> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
209 2021-06-17T14:30:13  <roconnor> michaelfolkson: Surely Bitcoin Core can pay to any segwit address of any version?  That's the whole point of having forward compatable addresses.
210 2021-06-17T14:30:50  <roconnor> I guess 0.21.1 was the first version after Bech32m was designed.
211 2021-06-17T14:33:54  *** reez <reez!~textual@45-30-22-183.lightspeed.nsvltn.sbcglobal.net> has quit IRC (Quit: My MacBook has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
212 2021-06-17T14:34:13  *** provoostenator <provoostenator!~quassel@user/provoostenator> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
213 2021-06-17T14:35:18  <michaelfolkson> roconnor: It is a safeguard question. If we prevent Taproot descriptors (e.g. #22156) being imported why not also prevent sending to a SegWit v1 address using the RPC until activation?
214 2021-06-17T14:35:20  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22156 | Allow tr() import only when Taproot is active by achow101 · Pull Request #22156 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
215 2021-06-17T14:37:35  <michaelfolkson> I can't see any technical reason for not doing that... just a question of what safeguards are appropriate and what safeguards aren't
216 2021-06-17T14:39:02  *** goatpig <goatpig!~goat@h-94-254-2-155.A498.priv.bahnhof.se> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
217 2021-06-17T14:39:59  <darosior> Importing a descriptor is for your own wallet when you don't validate the rules is a footgun. Sending to a Script with new rules that you don't validate yourself is forward compatibility.
218 2021-06-17T14:40:05  <roconnor> The safeguards are no taproot spending rely and no generation of taproot addresses.  But there is no need for my wallet to be taproot upgraded or taproot aware in order for me to pay to your taproot address, and relay of taproot paying transactions are similarly allowed.
219 2021-06-17T14:41:04  <roconnor> Otherwise we get stuck in the segwitV0 address mire were no one starts using segwitv0 wallets because no wallets can pay to such addresses, and services don't upgrate their segwitv0 wallets because there is no demand to be paid.
220 2021-06-17T14:47:52  <michaelfolkson> I was thinking the safeguard could be you can't generate a Taproot mainnet address until post activation height. Or lighter there is a warning when you do. But yeah that does link the RPC to current block height
221 2021-06-17T14:50:44  <michaelfolkson> I'm getting confused what you can and can't do... You can't generate a Taproot address but you can pay to a Taproot address, it just isn't relayed
222 2021-06-17T15:11:38  <sipa> michaelfolkson: the wallet won't let you import a taproot descriptor until after activation
223 2021-06-17T15:15:22  <sipa> i think sending to taproot (or other future address formats) is far less of a risk, because it still falls on the receiver's shoulder
224 2021-06-17T15:16:29  <sipa> someone has to create that address, and give it to the sender with a "pay me here"; if those funds are sent, the sender has paid - the fact that the receiver can get their coins stolen isn't the sender's problem
225 2021-06-17T15:19:10  *** Guest575 <Guest575!~Guest57@fin-vz1.gullo.me> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
226 2021-06-17T15:19:24  <sipa> so the protection needs to be at address generation time
227 2021-06-17T15:21:00  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
228 2021-06-17T15:21:00  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #22271: fuzz: Assert roundtrip equality for `CPubKey` (master...202106-fuzz-assert-CPubKey-deser-roundtrip) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22271
229 2021-06-17T15:21:01  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
230 2021-06-17T15:23:40  <michaelfolkson> Ok makes sense, thanks
231 2021-06-17T15:24:37  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@user/luke-jr> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC - http://znc.sourceforge.net)
232 2021-06-17T15:26:36  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@user/luke-jr> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
233 2021-06-17T15:30:35  *** evias_ <evias_!~evias__@196.red-88-6-131.staticip.rima-tde.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
234 2021-06-17T15:33:10  *** evias <evias!~evias__@user/evias> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
235 2021-06-17T15:44:16  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
236 2021-06-17T15:44:16  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/922abe8ca382...7b45c5e875ca
237 2021-06-17T15:44:16  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8cd8f37 Pieter Wuille: Introduce well-defined CAddress disk serialization
238 2021-06-17T15:44:16  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e2f0548 Pieter Wuille: Use addrv2 serialization in anchors.dat
239 2021-06-17T15:44:16  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f8866e8 Pieter Wuille: Add roundtrip fuzz tests for CAddress serialization
240 2021-06-17T15:44:18  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
241 2021-06-17T15:44:33  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
242 2021-06-17T15:44:33  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #20516: Well-defined CAddress disk serialization, and addrv2 anchors.dat (master...202011_disk_addr) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20516
243 2021-06-17T15:44:35  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
244 2021-06-17T15:48:14  *** kabaum <kabaum!~kabaum@host-78-77-216-135.mobileonline.telia.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
245 2021-06-17T15:50:38  *** lkqwejhhgasdjhgn <lkqwejhhgasdjhgn!~kljkljklk@p200300d46f03bc006e75391897515100.dip0.t-ipconnect.de> has quit IRC (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
246 2021-06-17T15:55:28  *** jtrag <jtrag!~jtrag@c-71-207-125-151.hsd1.pa.comcast.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
247 2021-06-17T16:02:35  *** jarthur <jarthur!~jarthur@cpe-70-114-198-37.austin.res.rr.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
248 2021-06-17T16:09:54  *** GIANTWORLDKEEPER <GIANTWORLDKEEPER!~pjetcetal@2.95.204.25> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
249 2021-06-17T16:13:16  *** sagi <sagi!~sagi@bzq-79-180-140-8.red.bezeqint.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
250 2021-06-17T16:16:57  *** kabaum <kabaum!~kabaum@host-78-77-216-135.mobileonline.telia.com> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
251 2021-06-17T16:17:44  *** sagi <sagi!~sagi@bzq-79-180-140-8.red.bezeqint.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
252 2021-06-17T16:39:05  *** lightlike <lightlike!~lightlike@user/lightlike> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
253 2021-06-17T16:44:29  *** sagi <sagi!~sagi@bzq-79-180-140-8.red.bezeqint.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
254 2021-06-17T16:49:43  *** gene <gene!~gene@2a02:6f8:2020:216:100::100a> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
255 2021-06-17T16:50:13  *** Talkless <Talkless!~Talkless@mail.dargis.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
256 2021-06-17T17:03:09  *** reez <reez!~textual@45-30-22-183.lightspeed.nsvltn.sbcglobal.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
257 2021-06-17T17:07:31  *** kabaum <kabaum!~kabaum@host-78-77-216-135.mobileonline.telia.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
258 2021-06-17T17:07:57  *** jtrag <jtrag!~jtrag@c-71-207-125-151.hsd1.pa.comcast.net> has quit IRC (Quit: <-----  is PODAK (Passed out drunk at keyboard), and he has somehow managed to quit/disconnect...)
259 2021-06-17T17:08:02  *** Enki[m] <Enki[m]!~enkimatri@2001:470:69fc:105::382c> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
260 2021-06-17T17:18:39  *** evias_ <evias_!~evias__@196.red-88-6-131.staticip.rima-tde.net> has quit IRC (Quit: This computer has gone to sleep)
261 2021-06-17T17:44:54  *** reez <reez!~textual@45-30-22-183.lightspeed.nsvltn.sbcglobal.net> has quit IRC (Quit: My MacBook has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
262 2021-06-17T17:56:40  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
263 2021-06-17T18:00:59  *** Guest97 <Guest97!~Guest97@49.206.122.18> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
264 2021-06-17T18:07:11  *** sagi <sagi!~sagi@bzq-79-180-140-8.red.bezeqint.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
265 2021-06-17T18:07:33  *** GIANTWORLDKEEPER <GIANTWORLDKEEPER!~pjetcetal@2.95.227.207> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
266 2021-06-17T18:16:40  *** Guest575 <Guest575!~Guest57@fin-vz1.gullo.me> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
267 2021-06-17T18:24:05  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
268 2021-06-17T18:24:33  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@71pc74.sshunet.nl> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
269 2021-06-17T18:29:37  *** sagi <sagi!~sagi@bzq-79-180-140-8.red.bezeqint.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
270 2021-06-17T18:37:15  *** Guest97 <Guest97!~Guest97@49.206.122.18> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
271 2021-06-17T18:55:06  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@71pc74.sshunet.nl> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
272 2021-06-17T19:00:48  <laanwj> #startmeeting
273 2021-06-17T19:00:48  <core-meetingbot> Meeting started Thu Jun 17 19:00:47 2021 UTC.  The chair is laanwj. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
274 2021-06-17T19:00:48  <core-meetingbot> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
275 2021-06-17T19:00:53  <hebasto> hi
276 2021-06-17T19:01:08  <laanwj> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: achow101 _aj_ amiti ariard BlueMatt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 darosior digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb glozow gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jarolrod jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral laanwj lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball morcos
277 2021-06-17T19:01:10  <laanwj> nehan NicolasDorier paveljanik petertodd phantomcircuit promag provoostenator ryanofsky sdaftuar sipa vasild
278 2021-06-17T19:01:12  <ariard> hi
279 2021-06-17T19:01:13  <meshcollider> hi
280 2021-06-17T19:01:15  <jamesob> hi
281 2021-06-17T19:01:22  <fjahr> hi
282 2021-06-17T19:01:22  <kvaciral[m]> hi
283 2021-06-17T19:01:36  <laanwj> one proposed meeting topic: CoreDev in 2021 (ariard)
284 2021-06-17T19:02:02  <ariard> yep
285 2021-06-17T19:02:13  *** kabaum <kabaum!~kabaum@host-78-77-216-135.mobileonline.telia.com> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
286 2021-06-17T19:02:21  <laanwj> for the rest it might make sense to discuss things on the 0.22 milestone https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/milestone/47 (instead of high priority for review)
287 2021-06-17T19:02:31  <MarcoFalke> hi
288 2021-06-17T19:02:37  <jonasschnelli> hi
289 2021-06-17T19:03:08  <laanwj> we've slipped the feature freeze but I think it would make to postpone it https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20851#issuecomment-863132781 , though not sure by how much
290 2021-06-17T19:03:27  <achow101> hi
291 2021-06-17T19:03:49  <gene> hi
292 2021-06-17T19:04:35  <laanwj> #topic 22.0 milestone
293 2021-06-17T19:04:35  <core-meetingbot> topic: 22.0 milestone
294 2021-06-17T19:05:13  <laanwj> so there are still plenty of PRs that can be seen as a feature tagged for 22.0, many close to being mergable (just need a bit more review), https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/milestone/47
295 2021-06-17T19:05:22  <laanwj> anything to add/remove?
296 2021-06-17T19:05:50  <jonatack> hi
297 2021-06-17T19:05:59  <hebasto> also https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/milestone/2
298 2021-06-17T19:06:11  *** baldur <baldur!~baldur@pool-108-30-51-126.nycmny.fios.verizon.net> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
299 2021-06-17T19:07:06  <laanwj> hebasto: yes, that too
300 2021-06-17T19:07:39  <sipa> i can't really pay much attentiin here right now
301 2021-06-17T19:08:02  <laanwj> anyhow I hope people will get around to reviewing the remaining ones soon so they can still make it into 0.22
302 2021-06-17T19:08:19  <sipa> will address review.comments on my prs soon, though
303 2021-06-17T19:08:30  <laanwj> sipa: thanks!
304 2021-06-17T19:08:37  <hebasto> if #21454 is gitian-specific and we moving to guix, maybe remove it?
305 2021-06-17T19:08:38  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21454 | gitian: GLIBC_2.29 not found error at bitcoind startup on bionic · Issue #21454 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
306 2021-06-17T19:09:04  <laanwj> hebasto: I'm not aware guix solves that, it uses the same glibc to build again
307 2021-06-17T19:09:17  <hebasto> ok
308 2021-06-17T19:09:38  <laanwj> hebasto: we need to get rid of these symbols uses somehow https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22244#issuecomment-860932169
309 2021-06-17T19:10:14  <ariard> i'm keeping an eye on #22147, if re-review is needed :)
310 2021-06-17T19:10:15  <laanwj> "build against the correct glibc" is likely the best option though and more realistic in guix than in gitian
311 2021-06-17T19:10:16  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22147 | p2p: Protect last outbound HB compact block peer by sdaftuar · Pull Request #22147 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
312 2021-06-17T19:10:44  <laanwj> still, it doesn't warrant closing the issue yet
313 2021-06-17T19:11:02  <laanwj> (or unmilestoning it)
314 2021-06-17T19:11:26  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
315 2021-06-17T19:11:26  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] dergoegge closed pull request #21706:  log: Mitigate disk filling attacks by globally rate limiting LogPrintf(…) (master...g_log_ratelimiting) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21706
316 2021-06-17T19:11:26  <jonatack> ariard: yup same, as well as #20234
317 2021-06-17T19:11:27  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
318 2021-06-17T19:11:29  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20234 | net: dont extra bind for Tor if binds are restricted by vasild · Pull Request #20234 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
319 2021-06-17T19:12:45  <laanwj> thanks ariard  and jonatack
320 2021-06-17T19:13:30  <laanwj> #topic CoreDev in 2021 (ariard)
321 2021-06-17T19:13:31  <core-meetingbot> topic: CoreDev in 2021 (ariard)
322 2021-06-17T19:13:34  <ariard> hi
323 2021-06-17T19:13:41  *** jtrag <jtrag!~jtrag@c-71-207-125-151.hsd1.pa.comcast.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
324 2021-06-17T19:14:14  <ariard> so i was told by a lot of OGs in this projects, that they had the feeling about a decrease in communication quality around the last months, partially due to the lack of in-person meetings
325 2021-06-17T19:14:31  <ariard> and i was lucky to be in Miami, and it was super cool to see a lot of LN devs in-person :)
326 2021-06-17T19:14:48  <ariard> and have far greater understanding of our opposite arguments, which can sometimes be heated
327 2021-06-17T19:15:11  <ariard> so i'm curious about what's folks thinking about in-person meeting again, maybe even in 2021 ?
328 2021-06-17T19:15:25  <jonatack> +
329 2021-06-17T19:15:26  <jonasschnelli> always a good idea...
330 2021-06-17T19:15:34  <jamesob> Would love one, happy to help organize if needed
331 2021-06-17T19:15:46  <jonasschnelli> just make sure you pick a country with minimal restrictions
332 2021-06-17T19:15:56  <jonatack> ^ not in the US though
333 2021-06-17T19:15:59  <ariard> jonasschenelli: i know that's a lot of work, i'm happy to help there
334 2021-06-17T19:16:02  <jonasschnelli> EU people can't travel to the US right now
335 2021-06-17T19:16:21  <ariard> jonasschnelli: yeah i wouldn't advise doing in the US right now, europe start to be more chill
336 2021-06-17T19:16:29  <ariard> but it's really a per-country question
337 2021-06-17T19:16:35  <hebasto> someone cannot travel even in EU now
338 2021-06-17T19:16:41  <jonatack> EU just opened its borders, at least for the summer i guess
339 2021-06-17T19:16:56  <ariard> hebasto: i know gleb has the same issue :/ we might pick a non-eu country
340 2021-06-17T19:17:00  <laanwj> NL is still difficult (though things are clearing up)
341 2021-06-17T19:17:04  <jonasschnelli> EU seems fine. Everyone just needs to have a test (or vac.)
342 2021-06-17T19:17:12  <jonatack> el zonte
343 2021-06-17T19:17:13  <jonasschnelli> Switzerland is fine
344 2021-06-17T19:17:24  <achow101> usually we do coredev before/after another conference, are there any upcoming for this year?
345 2021-06-17T19:17:53  <ariard> achow101: yes maybe LN hacking days, and we'll have a BDK/LDK meeting in europe in autumn (hopefully)
346 2021-06-17T19:18:08  <ariard> a LN hacking day in germany or portugal
347 2021-06-17T19:18:24  <fjahr> I would be happy to, seems a lot more feasible from where I am lately but in several parts of the world things are still very complicated. But fall is probably the best bet.
348 2021-06-17T19:19:38  <jonasschnelli> ariard: I think it is a great idea. Willing to help. We also have coredev funds available for location, food, travel subsidy, etc.
349 2021-06-17T19:20:14  <ariard> yeah i know, we won't be able to get everyone, like australia is pretty closed rn, but more folks, more fun :)
350 2021-06-17T19:20:24  <jonatack> there is a bitcoin conference in biarritz, france (next to spain on the atlantic) end-august
351 2021-06-17T19:20:59  <jonatack> some devs have reached out or are already planning to come for it
352 2021-06-17T19:21:04  <darosior> jonatack: the conference is entire in french though
353 2021-06-17T19:21:10  <ariard> jonasschenlli: awesome, let me send a mail to the OGs who has done the last ones, to have a start on considerations
354 2021-06-17T19:21:19  <jonatack> right, but not core dev :)
355 2021-06-17T19:21:28  <ariard> darosior: well we're still working hard to make french the official LN language, no :p ?
356 2021-06-17T19:21:39  <jonatack> darosior: i wasn't planning to attend the conf itself
357 2021-06-17T19:21:49  <darosior> ariard: haha +1
358 2021-06-17T19:21:59  <ariard> who should i cc as part of the mail jamesob, jonatack, who else wants to help ?
359 2021-06-17T19:22:25  <ariard> i think previous ones have been jonasschnelli, moneyball, schmidty and jnewbery ?
360 2021-06-17T19:22:31  <ariard> *organized by
361 2021-06-17T19:22:44  *** Talkless <Talkless!~Talkless@mail.dargis.net> has quit IRC (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
362 2021-06-17T19:22:51  <jonasschnelli> ariard: yes. see https://coredev.tech/index.html#contact
363 2021-06-17T19:23:23  <darosior> ariard: Happy to help, depending on the location of course i could be less useful..
364 2021-06-17T19:23:42  <ariard> jonasschnelli: i know, i was invited to such coooool kids reunion one day but it did never happen :,(
365 2021-06-17T19:23:53  <jonatack> (here's the conf i mentioned: https://www.surfinbitcoin.com/2021)
366 2021-06-17T19:25:11  <jonasschnelli> August might be a bit tight.. but France might be a good option (especially in summer, tourism keeps it open and easy)
367 2021-06-17T19:25:28  <achow101> I expect things will be more open towards the end of the year
368 2021-06-17T19:25:45  <achow101> maybe we should do it in november and have a taproot activation party at the same time :)
369 2021-06-17T19:25:54  <ariard> achow101: hard to say, most of europe start to be really open, and yes french has a big lobby to re-open most of the things for the season
370 2021-06-17T19:26:01  <laanwj> anywhere in the EU is fine with me (assuming I'm allowed to travel, but as said, things are getting better here now that everyone is getting vaccinated)
371 2021-06-17T19:26:08  <ariard> achow101: too much kharma :p
372 2021-06-17T19:26:13  <jonatack> jonasschnelli: yes, august-early sept is the best time of year there and prices goes way down after august
373 2021-06-17T19:26:45  <jonatack> jonasschnelli: end-aug / all of september and october actually
374 2021-06-17T19:27:06  <sipa> i'm happy to travel wherever i'm allowed.to go for a coredev meetup
375 2021-06-17T19:27:16  *** BlueMatt <BlueMatt!~BlueMatt@ircb.bluematt.me> has quit IRC (Quit: Quit)
376 2021-06-17T19:27:32  *** BlueMatt <BlueMatt!~BlueMatt@ircb.bluematt.me> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
377 2021-06-17T19:27:54  <jonasschnelli> I think someone should just pick a date and a location (vague) and see how can attend. If there are enough people, book a venue and finalise the organisation
378 2021-06-17T19:27:56  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
379 2021-06-17T19:27:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] steffanjensen opened pull request #22272: Update transaction.cpp (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22272
380 2021-06-17T19:27:57  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
381 2021-06-17T19:28:00  <ariard> yeah we'll consider carefully the travel bans to pick up a location
382 2021-06-17T19:28:13  <ariard> jonasschnelli: yep, rough consensus :)
383 2021-06-17T19:28:44  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@71pc74.sshunet.nl> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
384 2021-06-17T19:29:03  <jonasschnelli> ariard: Happy to share my past experience in organising (did SF and Zurich) (and of course I can help with stuff)
385 2021-06-17T19:29:22  <ariard> jonasschenlli: thanks a lot, i'll reach out :)
386 2021-06-17T19:29:32  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
387 2021-06-17T19:29:32  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #22272: Update transaction.cpp (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22272
388 2021-06-17T19:29:33  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
389 2021-06-17T19:29:38  <jonasschnelli> always good to have someone near the planed venue
390 2021-06-17T19:29:42  * jonasschnelli looking over to jonatack 
391 2021-06-17T19:29:55  <jonatack> sgtm
392 2021-06-17T19:30:06  <jonatack> i don't like travelling :)
393 2021-06-17T19:30:53  <ariard> jonatack: have you considered surfing across the atlantic as a travel mean :p ?
394 2021-06-17T19:31:07  * fjahr sets meeting location to jon's house
395 2021-06-17T19:31:08  <hebasto> hope being vaccinated will open EU borders for me
396 2021-06-17T19:31:32  <ariard> okay, we'll do the things announced and share back news during next meetings :)
397 2021-06-17T19:31:49  <laanwj> great!
398 2021-06-17T19:32:15  <jonasschnelli> thanks ariard
399 2021-06-17T19:32:18  <laanwj> any other last minute topics?
400 2021-06-17T19:32:24  <jonatack> hebasto: i hope so
401 2021-06-17T19:33:12  <laanwj> #endmeeting
402 2021-06-17T19:33:13  <core-meetingbot> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
403 2021-06-17T19:33:13  <core-meetingbot> Meeting ended Thu Jun 17 19:33:12 2021 UTC.
404 2021-06-17T19:33:13  <core-meetingbot> Minutes:        https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings/logs/bitcoin-core-dev/2021/bitcoin-core-dev.2021-06-17-19.00.moin.txt
405 2021-06-17T19:33:37  <jonatack> thanks ariard, great idea
406 2021-06-17T19:33:55  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
407 2021-06-17T19:33:55  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] steffanjensen opened pull request #22273: the banks and bitcon shills don't want this update (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22273
408 2021-06-17T19:33:56  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
409 2021-06-17T19:34:27  <ariard> jonatack: you'll thank me when we'll all enjoy pain au chocolat in france or elsewhere :)
410 2021-06-17T19:35:15  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
411 2021-06-17T19:35:15  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa closed pull request #22273: the banks and bitcon shills don't want this update (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22273
412 2021-06-17T19:35:16  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
413 2021-06-17T19:35:31  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
414 2021-06-17T19:35:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke reopened pull request #22273: the banks and bitcon shills don't want this update (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22273
415 2021-06-17T19:35:32  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
416 2021-06-17T19:35:47  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
417 2021-06-17T19:35:47  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #22273: the banks and bitcon shills don't want this update (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22273
418 2021-06-17T19:35:48  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
419 2021-06-17T19:36:01  <sipa> ariard: which for unfathomable reason is called a croissant in the US :)
420 2021-06-17T19:38:14  <luke-jr> ariard: jonatack: jonasschnelli: I thought EU is even more restrictive than US?
421 2021-06-17T19:38:23  <jonatack> ariard: here if you ask for that, you'll be corrected. south of bordeaux, pain au chocolat is a chocolatine
422 2021-06-17T19:38:39  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: depends on what type of restriction
423 2021-06-17T19:38:39  <jonatack> sipa: whoa
424 2021-06-17T19:38:55  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: example: europeans can't travel to the US right now
425 2021-06-17T19:38:57  <luke-jr> jonasschnelli: last I heard, US folks can't go there at all?
426 2021-06-17T19:39:15  <MarcoFalke> luke-jr: They can with a test or vac IIRC
427 2021-06-17T19:39:16  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: not sure about france... but I guess switzerland would be no problem.
428 2021-06-17T19:39:16  <jonatack> luke-jr: it was, but things are opening up quickly
429 2021-06-17T19:39:22  <luke-jr> cool
430 2021-06-17T19:39:28  <schmidty> ariard: Im happy to help planning. Some light discussions with Advancing Bitcoin about piggybacking there. But dates getting moved.
431 2021-06-17T19:39:43  <jonasschnelli> US covid case numbers per c. are relatively low
432 2021-06-17T19:40:02  <jonasschnelli> thus most counties have opened borders for US tourists
433 2021-06-17T19:40:16  <luke-jr> it's unlikely I'll be able to make it, but if I can, it'd probably need to be in September :x
434 2021-06-17T19:41:05  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
435 2021-06-17T19:41:05  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] steffanjensen opened pull request #22274: This will be implemented into bitcoin core at one point, with or without you.. your choice.  (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22274
436 2021-06-17T19:41:06  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
437 2021-06-17T19:41:10  <jamesob> ariard: jonatack: thanks for raising the point ariard, will be exciting to have something on the books
438 2021-06-17T19:41:13  <schmidty> What is the best dashboard of international travel restrictions?
439 2021-06-17T19:41:35  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
440 2021-06-17T19:41:35  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #22274: This will be implemented into bitcoin core at one point, with or without you.. your choice.  (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22274
441 2021-06-17T19:41:36  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
442 2021-06-17T19:41:44  <MarcoFalke> can somone pls block this spammer
443 2021-06-17T19:41:51  <gene> ^
444 2021-06-17T19:41:54  <jonasschnelli> As for france... I think US persons have to be vaccinated (no testing option). Which is kinda bad
445 2021-06-17T19:42:28  <luke-jr> (but don't plan around me - like I said, I probably can't make it)
446 2021-06-17T19:42:44  <luke-jr> sipa: what MarcoFalke said
447 2021-06-17T19:42:53  <jonatack> jonasschnelli:  i thought it was a also either negative test, or having had covid
448 2021-06-17T19:43:00  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
449 2021-06-17T19:43:00  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7b45c5e875ca...8cb43077b370
450 2021-06-17T19:43:00  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9550dff Sebastian Falbesoner: fuzz: Assert roundtrip equality for `CPubKey`
451 2021-06-17T19:43:00  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8cb4307 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22271: fuzz: Assert roundtrip equality for `CPubKey`...
452 2021-06-17T19:43:02  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
453 2021-06-17T19:43:16  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
454 2021-06-17T19:43:17  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22271: fuzz: Assert roundtrip equality for `CPubKey` (master...202106-fuzz-assert-CPubKey-deser-roundtrip) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22271
455 2021-06-17T19:43:17  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
456 2021-06-17T19:43:22  <jonasschnelli> jonatack: I thought so as well,... but than read https://fr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
457 2021-06-17T19:43:33  <jonasschnelli> But I guess you can also get in with a PCR
458 2021-06-17T19:43:44  <sipa> luke-jr: yeah, will do obce i'm home (10 min)
459 2021-06-17T19:44:12  <sipa> i expect tjat in a month or two lots of.covid restrictions will be a lot more relaxed
460 2021-06-17T19:44:24  <jonasschnelli> yes.. I hope so
461 2021-06-17T19:44:30  <sipa> given how vaccination in many places ib europe is going
462 2021-06-17T19:44:39  <jonasschnelli> Looks like france is also okay with a negative PCR test (72h)
463 2021-06-17T19:45:27  <jonasschnelli> (it changed on June 9th)
464 2021-06-17T19:45:34  <jonatack> yep, checked the french one https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Attestation-de-deplacement-et-de-voyage
465 2021-06-17T19:47:13  <jonasschnelli> yeah. france would be awesome. Also great if it is in fall (Nov). Waves are better.. :)
466 2021-06-17T19:47:35  <ariard> schmidty: yep, yep sending mail in the evening, advancing 2020 was a great conf
467 2021-06-17T19:48:55  <jonasschnelli> schmidty: I used https://travelbans.org in the past
468 2021-06-17T19:48:56  <jonatack> fwiw last summer we had a record number of tourists ever and case counts stayed cool
469 2021-06-17T19:49:15  <jonasschnelli> I was one of them... :)
470 2021-06-17T19:49:36  <jonatack> jonasschnelli: yes, best waves are sept/oct as well as best weather
471 2021-06-17T19:59:08  *** Vishal100 <Vishal100!~Vishal@117.237.250.206> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
472 2021-06-17T19:59:17  *** smartin <smartin!~Icedove@88.135.18.171> has quit IRC (Quit: smartin)
473 2021-06-17T19:59:19  *** Vishal100 <Vishal100!~Vishal@117.237.250.206> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
474 2021-06-17T19:59:40  *** Vishal95 <Vishal95!~Vishal@117.237.250.206> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
475 2021-06-17T20:06:04  *** Vishal95 <Vishal95!~Vishal@117.237.250.206> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
476 2021-06-17T20:27:55  *** moneyball_ <moneyball_!sid299869@id-299869.brockwell.irccloud.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
477 2021-06-17T20:32:22  *** sagi <sagi!~sagi@bzq-79-180-140-8.red.bezeqint.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
478 2021-06-17T20:35:05  *** moneyball <moneyball!sid299869@id-299869.brockwell.irccloud.com> has quit IRC (*.net *.split)
479 2021-06-17T20:35:05  *** moneyball_ is now known as moneyball
480 2021-06-17T20:41:17  *** gene <gene!~gene@2a02:6f8:2020:216:100::100a> has quit IRC (Quit: gene)
481 2021-06-17T20:43:41  *** Guyver2 <Guyver2!Guyver@guyver2.xs4all.nl> has quit IRC (Quit: Going offline, see ya! (www.adiirc.com))
482 2021-06-17T21:12:53  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
483 2021-06-17T21:12:54  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] meshcollider pushed 13 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/8cb43077b370...5c2e2afe990a
484 2021-06-17T21:12:54  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master dbb0ce9 Pieter Wuille: Add TaprootSpendData data structure, equivalent to script map for P2[W]SH
485 2021-06-17T21:12:54  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e77a283 Pieter Wuille: Use HandleMissingData also in CheckSchnorrSignature
486 2021-06-17T21:12:54  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a91d532 Pieter Wuille: Add CKey::SignSchnorr function for BIP 340/341 signing
487 2021-06-17T21:12:55  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
488 2021-06-17T21:13:10  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
489 2021-06-17T21:13:11  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] meshcollider merged pull request #21365: Basic Taproot signing support for descriptor wallets (master...202102_taproot_sign) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21365
490 2021-06-17T21:13:11  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
491 2021-06-17T21:13:40  <meshcollider> Taproot wallet \o/
492 2021-06-17T21:15:00  <sipa> oh there were a few review comments i wanted to address
493 2021-06-17T21:15:05  <sipa> i'll create a follow-up
494 2021-06-17T21:15:20  <sipa> nothing blocking for release
495 2021-06-17T21:15:30  <achow101> \o/
496 2021-06-17T21:25:48  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@71pc74.sshunet.nl> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
497 2021-06-17T21:29:38  *** gribble <gribble!~gribble@bitcoin/bot/gribble> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
498 2021-06-17T21:35:08  *** gribble <gribble!~gribble@bitcoin/bot/gribble> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
499 2021-06-17T21:35:09  *** ChanServ sets mode: +o gribble
500 2021-06-17T21:42:01  *** sagi <sagi!~sagi@bzq-79-180-140-8.red.bezeqint.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
501 2021-06-17T21:58:32  *** jespada <jespada!~jespada@90.254.247.46> has quit IRC (Quit: My MacBook has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
502 2021-06-17T21:59:06  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@71pc74.sshunet.nl> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
503 2021-06-17T22:01:32  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
504 2021-06-17T22:01:32  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] amitiuttarwar closed pull request #22245: [p2p] Stop sending SENDADDRV2 message to block-relay-only peers (master...2021-06-sendaddrv2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22245
505 2021-06-17T22:01:34  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
506 2021-06-17T22:05:18  <ariard> jonasschnelli, jamesob, darosior, schmidty, jonatack: sent on your mail addresses (the ones i found with `git log | grep "$FIRST_NAME $LAST_NAME`)
507 2021-06-17T22:05:42  <ariard> let me know if i you didn't receive or you prefer another mail addr :)
508 2021-06-17T22:05:59  *** jespada <jespada!~jespada@90.254.247.46> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
509 2021-06-17T22:06:11  <ariard> if anyone wasn't present to meeting and wants to contribute to the orga, feel free to raise the hand
510 2021-06-17T22:34:28  *** gribble <gribble!~gribble@bitcoin/bot/gribble> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
511 2021-06-17T22:40:06  *** gribble <gribble!~gribble@bitcoin/bot/gribble> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
512 2021-06-17T22:40:06  *** ChanServ sets mode: +o gribble
513 2021-06-17T22:51:02  *** reez <reez!~textual@45-30-22-183.lightspeed.nsvltn.sbcglobal.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
514 2021-06-17T22:51:10  *** sagi <sagi!~sagi@bzq-79-180-140-8.red.bezeqint.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
515 2021-06-17T23:10:06  *** Guest89 <Guest89!~Guest89@153.33.96.21> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
516 2021-06-17T23:11:16  *** reez <reez!~textual@45-30-22-183.lightspeed.nsvltn.sbcglobal.net> has quit IRC (Quit: My MacBook has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
517 2021-06-17T23:12:39  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 272 seconds)
518 2021-06-17T23:15:11  *** GIANTWORLDKEEPER <GIANTWORLDKEEPER!~pjetcetal@2.95.227.207> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
519 2021-06-17T23:15:34  *** GIANTWORLDKEEPER <GIANTWORLDKEEPER!~pjetcetal@2.95.227.207> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
520 2021-06-17T23:18:44  *** Guest89 <Guest89!~Guest89@153.33.96.21> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
521 2021-06-17T23:26:04  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6981:7880::3> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
522 2021-06-17T23:32:30  *** GIANTWORLDKEEPER <GIANTWORLDKEEPER!~pjetcetal@2.95.227.207> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
523 2021-06-17T23:38:08  *** baldur <baldur!~baldur@pool-108-30-51-126.nycmny.fios.verizon.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
524 2021-06-17T23:38:09  *** baldur_ <baldur_!~baldur@pool-108-30-51-126.nycmny.fios.verizon.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
525 2021-06-17T23:39:15  *** baldur_ <baldur_!~baldur@pool-108-30-51-126.nycmny.fios.verizon.net> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
526 2021-06-17T23:40:58  *** GIANTWORLDKEEPER <GIANTWORLDKEEPER!~pjetcetal@2.95.227.207> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
527 2021-06-17T23:47:15  *** lightlike <lightlike!~lightlike@user/lightlike> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
528 2021-06-17T23:56:19  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@71pc74.sshunet.nl> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev