1 2021-07-30T00:07:00  *** adiabat <adiabat!~adiabat@63.209.32.102> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
  2 2021-07-30T00:10:27  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6180:500::12b> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
  3 2021-07-30T00:13:43  *** reallll <reallll!~belcher@user/belcher> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  4 2021-07-30T00:15:47  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@200.31.177.15> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
  5 2021-07-30T00:16:32  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@200.31.177.15> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  6 2021-07-30T00:17:21  *** belcher_ <belcher_!~belcher@user/belcher> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
  7 2021-07-30T00:34:52  *** Aaronvan_ <Aaronvan_!~AaronvanW@200.31.177.15> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  8 2021-07-30T00:38:02  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@200.31.177.15> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
  9 2021-07-30T00:51:30  *** earnestly <earnestly!~earnest@user/earnestly> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
 10 2021-07-30T01:07:01  *** Aaronvan_ <Aaronvan_!~AaronvanW@200.31.177.15> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 11 2021-07-30T01:15:47  *** ghost43 <ghost43!~ghost43@gateway/tor-sasl/ghost43> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 12 2021-07-30T01:16:02  *** ghost43 <ghost43!~ghost43@gateway/tor-sasl/ghost43> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 13 2021-07-30T01:22:20  *** vysn <vysn!~vysn@user/vysn> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 14 2021-07-30T01:37:34  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@200.31.177.15> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 15 2021-07-30T01:42:27  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@200.31.177.15> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
 16 2021-07-30T01:54:15  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@200.31.177.15> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 17 2021-07-30T02:17:44  *** adiabat <adiabat!~adiabat@63.209.32.102> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 18 2021-07-30T02:23:19  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 19 2021-07-30T02:23:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to 0.21: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/997e528a3418...52778f42452d
 20 2021-07-30T02:23:19  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.21 080b47d Pavol Rusnak: rpc: reset scantxoutset progress on finish
 21 2021-07-30T02:23:19  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.21 52778f4 fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22580: [0.21] Backport: Reset scantxoutset progress ...
 22 2021-07-30T02:23:21  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2021-07-30T02:23:36  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 24 2021-07-30T02:23:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #22580: [0.21] Backport: Reset scantxoutset progress before inferring descriptors (0.21...backport_19362) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22580
 25 2021-07-30T02:23:37  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 26 2021-07-30T03:09:59  *** adiabat <adiabat!~adiabat@63.209.32.102> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
 27 2021-07-30T03:14:18  *** dermoth_ <dermoth_!~dermoth@user/dermoth> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 28 2021-07-30T03:14:35  *** dermoth <dermoth!~dermoth@user/dermoth> has quit IRC (Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by dermoth_)))
 29 2021-07-30T03:14:37  *** dermoth_ is now known as dermoth
 30 2021-07-30T03:58:37  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 31 2021-07-30T03:58:37  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #22529: contrib/seeds: bump MIN_BLOCKS = 687249 & update (master...contrib-seeds-height-687249) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22529
 32 2021-07-30T03:58:38  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 33 2021-07-30T04:01:01  *** cmirror <cmirror!~cmirror@4.53.92.114> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 34 2021-07-30T04:01:08  *** cmirror <cmirror!~cmirror@4.53.92.114> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 35 2021-07-30T04:04:30  <fanquake> Could someone have a look at the backports in #22578? Would like to merge that to cleanup the CI issues we're seeing on the 0.21 branch.
 36 2021-07-30T04:04:32  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22578 | [0.21] Additional backports by fanquake · Pull Request #22578 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 37 2021-07-30T04:11:48  *** jarthur <jarthur!~jarthur@2603-8080-1540-002d-c4f6-b782-bed6-f46f.res6.spectrum.com> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
 38 2021-07-30T04:17:52  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@200.31.177.15> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 39 2021-07-30T04:53:57  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@200.31.177.15> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 40 2021-07-30T04:57:04  *** jarthur <jarthur!~jarthur@2603-8080-1540-002d-bd00-f7b1-3fd7-598d.res6.spectrum.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 41 2021-07-30T05:11:32  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@200.31.177.15> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 42 2021-07-30T05:34:34  *** adiabat <adiabat!~adiabat@63.209.32.102> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 43 2021-07-30T05:40:42  *** vnogueira <vnogueira!~vnogueira@user/vnogueira> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 44 2021-07-30T05:41:24  *** vnogueira <vnogueira!~vnogueira@user/vnogueira> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 45 2021-07-30T05:41:50  *** vnogueira <vnogueira!~vnogueira@user/vnogueira> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 46 2021-07-30T05:42:16  *** babasancheti <babasancheti!~babasanch@43.249.232.15> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 47 2021-07-30T06:19:25  *** vnogueira <vnogueira!~vnogueira@user/vnogueira> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 48 2021-07-30T06:29:47  *** earnestly <earnestly!~earnest@user/earnestly> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 49 2021-07-30T06:31:25  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 50 2021-07-30T06:31:25  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] NikhilBartwal closed pull request #22565: [script] signet's getcoins.py improvements (master...update_signet_getcoins) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22565
 51 2021-07-30T06:31:26  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 52 2021-07-30T06:32:13  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 53 2021-07-30T06:32:13  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/d23570098cd1...9c9939ce54d8
 54 2021-07-30T06:32:13  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa86528 MarcoFalke: test: Add temporary sanitizer suppression implicit-signed-integer-truncati...
 55 2021-07-30T06:32:13  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9c9939c MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22584: test: Add temporary sanitizer suppression imp...
 56 2021-07-30T06:32:15  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 57 2021-07-30T06:32:29  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 58 2021-07-30T06:32:29  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22584: test: Add temporary sanitizer suppression implicit-signed-integer-truncation:netaddress.cpp (master...2107-testSupp) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22584
 59 2021-07-30T06:32:31  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 60 2021-07-30T06:33:48  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 61 2021-07-30T06:33:48  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] NikhilBartwal reopened pull request #22565: [script] signet's getcoins.py improvements (master...update_signet_getcoins) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22565
 62 2021-07-30T06:33:49  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 63 2021-07-30T06:34:54  *** Alexandme <Alexandme!~Alexandme@31.4.185.189> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 64 2021-07-30T06:35:18  *** Core1470_ <Core1470_!~Alexandme@31.4.185.189> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
 65 2021-07-30T06:41:11  *** jarthur <jarthur!~jarthur@2603-8080-1540-002d-bd00-f7b1-3fd7-598d.res6.spectrum.com> has quit IRC (Quit: jarthur)
 66 2021-07-30T06:41:28  *** reallll is now known as belcher
 67 2021-07-30T06:55:22  *** jonatack <jonatack!~jonatack@user/jonatack> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 68 2021-07-30T07:00:55  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@37.228.225.67> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 69 2021-07-30T07:07:54  *** Alexandme <Alexandme!~Alexandme@31.4.185.189> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
 70 2021-07-30T07:16:00  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 71 2021-07-30T07:16:00  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 4 commits to 0.21: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/52778f42452d...068ac69b56d6
 72 2021-07-30T07:16:00  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.21 89426c4 Hennadii Stepanov: ci: Fix macOS brew install command
 73 2021-07-30T07:16:00  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.21 681f728 Hennadii Stepanov: ci: Build with --enable-werror by default, and document exceptions
 74 2021-07-30T07:16:00  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.21 55e941f MarcoFalke: test: Fix intermittent feature_taproot issue
 75 2021-07-30T07:16:02  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 76 2021-07-30T07:16:16  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 77 2021-07-30T07:16:16  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22578: [0.21] Additional backports (0.21...0_21_fix_macOS_ci) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22578
 78 2021-07-30T07:16:17  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 79 2021-07-30T07:49:39  *** vysn <vysn!~vysn@user/vysn> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 80 2021-07-30T08:10:11  *** lkqwejhhgasdjhgn <lkqwejhhgasdjhgn!~kljkljklk@p200300d46f0d870002ba78b5606655e4.dip0.t-ipconnect.de> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 81 2021-07-30T09:09:55  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@37.228.225.67> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
 82 2021-07-30T09:15:58  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@37.228.225.67> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 83 2021-07-30T09:22:13  *** kljaejklasd <kljaejklasd!~kljkljklk@p57bc9bc8.dip0.t-ipconnect.de> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 84 2021-07-30T09:23:27  *** lkqwejhhgasdjhgn <lkqwejhhgasdjhgn!~kljkljklk@p200300d46f0d870002ba78b5606655e4.dip0.t-ipconnect.de> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
 85 2021-07-30T09:23:44  <vasild> Looking at a CI fuzzer output: https://cirrus-ci.com/task/5466383543697408?logs=ci#L2794
 86 2021-07-30T09:23:55  <vasild> how could I reproduce that failure?
 87 2021-07-30T09:24:33  <vasild> running with the same seed on the same corpus does not reproduce for some reason :/
 88 2021-07-30T09:25:32  <vasild> is there a way to retrieve ./crash-0671aac15e619e99522e2119487eaa9cc97e5a34 from the CI machine?
 89 2021-07-30T09:27:20  <vasild> when the fuzzer fails locally it prints the file name and also its contents in base64, but the CI log does not contain the base64 dump of the file, any idea why?
 90 2021-07-30T09:29:29  <vasild> MarcoFalke: ^
 91 2021-07-30T09:47:06  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 92 2021-07-30T09:47:06  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 5 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/9c9939ce54d8...b6c3fceed6b9
 93 2021-07-30T09:47:06  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0a9129c Jon Atack: test: assert on the value of getblockchaininfo#time
 94 2021-07-30T09:47:06  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 78c3610 Jon Atack: test: assert on mediantime in getblockheader and getblockchaininfo
 95 2021-07-30T09:47:06  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d548dc7 Jon Atack: test: replace magic values by constants in rpc_blockchain.py
 96 2021-07-30T09:47:08  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 97 2021-07-30T09:47:22  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 98 2021-07-30T09:47:22  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22520: test: improve rpc_blockchain.py tests and assert on time and mediantime (master...getblockchaininfo-time-tests) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22520
 99 2021-07-30T09:47:23  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
100 2021-07-30T09:50:19  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
101 2021-07-30T09:50:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack opened pull request #22589: net, doc: update I2P hardcoded seeds and docs for 22.0 (master...i2p-seeds-and-doc-updates) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22589
102 2021-07-30T09:50:21  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
103 2021-07-30T10:28:02  *** promag_ <promag_!~promag@188.250.84.129> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
104 2021-07-30T10:28:05  *** promag <promag!~promag@188.250.84.129> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
105 2021-07-30T10:29:09  *** promag_ <promag_!~promag@188.250.84.129> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
106 2021-07-30T10:29:09  *** promag <promag!~promag@188.250.84.129> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
107 2021-07-30T10:32:53  *** stick2[m] is now known as stick3[m]
108 2021-07-30T10:34:29  *** promag <promag!~promag@188.250.84.129> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
109 2021-07-30T10:34:30  *** promag_ <promag_!~promag@188.250.84.129> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
110 2021-07-30T10:35:17  *** stick3[m] is now known as stick[m][m]
111 2021-07-30T10:36:50  *** promag_ <promag_!~promag@188.250.84.129> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
112 2021-07-30T10:36:50  *** promag <promag!~promag@188.250.84.129> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
113 2021-07-30T10:37:01  *** jespada <jespada!~jespada@90.254.247.46> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
114 2021-07-30T10:39:34  *** jespada <jespada!~jespada@90.254.247.46> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
115 2021-07-30T11:31:15  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
116 2021-07-30T11:31:15  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/b6c3fceed6b9...78f040a6b350
117 2021-07-30T11:31:15  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8ca51af Martin Zumsande: test: Disable automatic connections by default
118 2021-07-30T11:31:15  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 78f040a MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22490: test: Disable automatic connections per defau...
119 2021-07-30T11:31:17  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
120 2021-07-30T11:31:32  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
121 2021-07-30T11:31:32  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22490: test: Disable automatic connections per default in the functional tests (master...202107_test_noautoconnect) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22490
122 2021-07-30T11:31:33  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
123 2021-07-30T11:50:25  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has quit IRC (Quit: = "")
124 2021-07-30T12:06:19  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
125 2021-07-30T12:06:19  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/78f040a6b350...da1c0c64fd09
126 2021-07-30T12:06:19  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 84c8747 Sebastian Falbesoner: test: remove unneeded initialization code in feature_rbf.py
127 2021-07-30T12:06:19  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a3f6397 Sebastian Falbesoner: test: feature_rbf.py: make MiniWallet instance available for all sub-tests...
128 2021-07-30T12:06:19  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master aa02c64 Sebastian Falbesoner: test: use MiniWallet for simple doublespend test in feature_rbf.py
129 2021-07-30T12:06:21  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
130 2021-07-30T12:06:35  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
131 2021-07-30T12:06:35  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22330: test: use MiniWallet for simple doublespend sub-test in feature_rbf.py (master...202106-test-feature_rbf_use_miniwallet_for_doublespend) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22330
132 2021-07-30T12:06:36  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2021-07-30T12:15:26  *** babasancheti <babasancheti!~babasanch@43.249.232.15> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
134 2021-07-30T12:43:15  *** Guyver2 <Guyver2!Guyver@guyver2.xs4all.nl> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
135 2021-07-30T13:10:22  *** jonatack <jonatack!~jonatack@user/jonatack> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
136 2021-07-30T13:20:41  *** jonatack <jonatack!~jonatack@user/jonatack> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
137 2021-07-30T13:23:50  *** Guest76 <Guest76!~Guest76@122.186.85.154> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2021-07-30T13:24:49  *** neha_ <neha_!~neha@41.213.196.104.bc.googleusercontent.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
139 2021-07-30T13:24:55  *** sdaftuar1 <sdaftuar1!~sdaftuar@user/sdaftuar> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
140 2021-07-30T13:25:03  *** Guest76 <Guest76!~Guest76@122.186.85.154> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
141 2021-07-30T13:25:09  *** andytosh1 <andytosh1!~apoelstra@s66-183-0-205.bc.hsia.telus.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
142 2021-07-30T13:25:31  *** ariard__ <ariard__!~ariard@167.99.46.220> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
143 2021-07-30T13:25:40  *** Lightsword_ <Lightsword_!~Lightswor@user/lightsword> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
144 2021-07-30T13:34:08  *** sdaftuar <sdaftuar!~sdaftuar@user/sdaftuar> has quit IRC (*.net *.split)
145 2021-07-30T13:34:08  *** andytoshi <andytoshi!~apoelstra@s66-183-0-205.bc.hsia.telus.net> has quit IRC (*.net *.split)
146 2021-07-30T13:34:08  *** ariard <ariard!~ariard@167.99.46.220> has quit IRC (*.net *.split)
147 2021-07-30T13:34:08  *** Lightsword <Lightsword!~Lightswor@user/lightsword> has quit IRC (*.net *.split)
148 2021-07-30T13:34:08  *** neha <neha!~neha@41.213.196.104.bc.googleusercontent.com> has quit IRC (*.net *.split)
149 2021-07-30T13:34:09  *** Lightsword_ is now known as Lightsword
150 2021-07-30T14:12:51  *** berndj <berndj!~berndj@ns2.linksynergy.co.za> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
151 2021-07-30T14:24:52  *** babasancheti <babasancheti!~babasanch@43.249.232.15> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
152 2021-07-30T14:26:39  *** dviola <dviola!~diego@user/dviola> has quit IRC (Quit: WeeChat 3.2)
153 2021-07-30T14:51:37  *** berndj <berndj!~berndj@ns1.linksynergy.co.za> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
154 2021-07-30T15:02:14  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@200.31.177.15> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
155 2021-07-30T15:13:12  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@200.31.177.15> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
156 2021-07-30T15:22:33  *** Jackielove4u <Jackielove4u!uid43977@user/jackielove4u> has quit IRC (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
157 2021-07-30T15:40:20  *** Talkless <Talkless!~Talkless@mail.dargis.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
158 2021-07-30T15:51:32  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@37.228.225.67> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
159 2021-07-30T15:57:39  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6180:500::12b> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
160 2021-07-30T15:59:39  *** kljaejklasd <kljaejklasd!~kljkljklk@p57bc9bc8.dip0.t-ipconnect.de> has quit IRC (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
161 2021-07-30T16:28:49  *** mongojuice <mongojuice!~mongo@user/mongojuice> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
162 2021-07-30T16:36:59  *** babasancheti <babasancheti!~babasanch@43.249.232.15> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
163 2021-07-30T16:44:45  *** yanmaani <yanmaani!~yanmaani@gateway/tor-sasl/yanmaani> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
164 2021-07-30T16:44:54  *** promag_ <promag_!~promag@188.250.84.129> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
165 2021-07-30T16:45:18  *** yanmaani <yanmaani!~yanmaani@gateway/tor-sasl/yanmaani> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
166 2021-07-30T16:45:27  *** promag <promag!~promag@188.250.84.129> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
167 2021-07-30T16:53:54  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6180:500::12b> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
168 2021-07-30T16:59:24  *** jarthur <jarthur!~jarthur@2603-8080-1540-002d-04f3-22d4-21b0-5129.res6.spectrum.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
169 2021-07-30T17:17:20  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@200.31.177.15> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
170 2021-07-30T17:26:05  *** jespada <jespada!~jespada@90.254.247.46> has quit IRC (Quit: Textual IRC Client: www.textualapp.com)
171 2021-07-30T17:28:06  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
172 2021-07-30T17:28:06  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] tylerchambers opened pull request #22590: Don't overwrite settings.json if it exists but can't be read. (master...fix-22571) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22590
173 2021-07-30T17:28:08  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
174 2021-07-30T17:36:10  *** gene <gene!~gene@gateway/tor-sasl/gene> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
175 2021-07-30T17:40:42  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@200.31.177.15> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving...)
176 2021-07-30T17:41:01  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
177 2021-07-30T17:41:01  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] tylerchambers closed pull request #22590: Util: don't overwrite existing but unreadable settings.json (master...fix-22571) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22590
178 2021-07-30T17:41:02  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
179 2021-07-30T17:57:33  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6180:500::12b> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
180 2021-07-30T18:02:01  *** Lightsword <Lightsword!~Lightswor@user/lightsword> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC)
181 2021-07-30T18:06:42  *** jarthur <jarthur!~jarthur@2603-8080-1540-002d-04f3-22d4-21b0-5129.res6.spectrum.com> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
182 2021-07-30T18:11:11  *** jarthur <jarthur!~jarthur@2603-8080-1540-002d-5820-3b18-1b1d-34b9.res6.spectrum.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
183 2021-07-30T18:24:58  *** gene <gene!~gene@gateway/tor-sasl/gene> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
184 2021-07-30T18:25:52  *** gene <gene!~gene@gateway/tor-sasl/gene> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
185 2021-07-30T18:29:30  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
186 2021-07-30T18:29:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] tylerchambers opened pull request #22591: Util: error if settings.json exists, but is unreadable. (master...fix-22571) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22591
187 2021-07-30T18:29:32  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
188 2021-07-30T18:52:21  *** hex17or <hex17or!~hex17or@gateway/tor-sasl/hex17or> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
189 2021-07-30T18:57:38  *** hex17or <hex17or!~hex17or@gateway/tor-sasl/hex17or> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
190 2021-07-30T19:00:22  *** jonatack <jonatack!~jonatack@user/jonatack> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
191 2021-07-30T19:04:00  <achow101> #startmeeting
192 2021-07-30T19:04:01  <core-meetingbot> Meeting started Fri Jul 30 19:04:00 2021 UTC.  The chair is achow101. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
193 2021-07-30T19:04:01  <core-meetingbot> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
194 2021-07-30T19:04:09  <michaelfolkson> hi
195 2021-07-30T19:04:14  <achow101> #bitcoin-core-dev Wallet Meeting: achow101 _aj_ amiti ariard BlueMatt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 darosior digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb glozow gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jarolrod jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral laanwj lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball morcos nehan NicolasDorier paveljanik petertodd
196 2021-07-30T19:04:14  <achow101> phantomcircuit promag provoostenator ryanofsky sdaftuar sipa vasild
197 2021-07-30T19:04:28  <S3RK> hi
198 2021-07-30T19:04:33  <sipa> hi
199 2021-07-30T19:04:34  <achow101> any topics to discuss?
200 2021-07-30T19:04:46  <kvaciral[m]> hi
201 2021-07-30T19:05:00  <michaelfolkson> I'll ask a couple of questions if there are no topics
202 2021-07-30T19:05:31  <achow101> michaelfolkson: go ahead
203 2021-07-30T19:06:30  <michaelfolkson> So there are a couple of PRs #22364 and #19602 making Taproot, bech32m the defaults (and intended to be merged after activation)
204 2021-07-30T19:06:31  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22364 | wallet: Make a tr() descriptor by default by achow101 · Pull Request #22364 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
205 2021-07-30T19:06:33  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19602 | wallet: Migrate legacy wallets to descriptor wallets by achow101 · Pull Request #19602 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
206 2021-07-30T19:06:58  <michaelfolkson> These are intended to a version post activation (from what I can understand)
207 2021-07-30T19:07:09  <S3RK> I believe 19602 is unrelated to taproot, no?
208 2021-07-30T19:07:17  <achow101> 19602 is unrelated to taproot
209 2021-07-30T19:07:29  <michaelfolkson> Are these dependent on whether other wallets in the ecosystem support Taproot?
210 2021-07-30T19:08:08  <michaelfolkson> Oh sorry got wrong PR number, Sjors PR to make bech32m default was supposed to be
211 2021-07-30T19:08:13  <achow101> michaelfolkson: no. the default address type will remain bech32
212 2021-07-30T19:08:20  <achow101> so p2wpkh will be the default address type
213 2021-07-30T19:08:36  <michaelfolkson> #22260 it should have been
214 2021-07-30T19:08:37  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22260 | Make bech32m the default, except where needed. Update GUI checkbox. by Sjors · Pull Request #22260 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
215 2021-07-30T19:09:03  <achow101> 22260 would be dependent on the rest of the ecosystem being able to accept bech32m addresses
216 2021-07-30T19:09:59  <michaelfolkson> Right. And #22364 is in same boat?
217 2021-07-30T19:10:00  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22364 | wallet: Make a tr() descriptor by default by achow101 · Pull Request #22364 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
218 2021-07-30T19:10:28  <michaelfolkson> Wallets in ecosystem would need to be able to send to P2TR (which hopefully they will)
219 2021-07-30T19:10:34  <achow101> no, 22364 just needs activation
220 2021-07-30T19:10:39  <sipa> no, that just enables the wallet to construct p2tr addresses
221 2021-07-30T19:10:44  <sipa> it won't create them unless asked to
222 2021-07-30T19:10:54  <achow101> 22364 give the option for users to make p2tr addresses, but do not give them out by default
223 2021-07-30T19:11:20  <sipa> right now, you need to manually import a tr() descriptor before you can construct p2tr addresses
224 2021-07-30T19:11:27  <S3RK> I have a related question. What's the path to add tr descriptor to an exisitng wallet?
225 2021-07-30T19:11:32  <sipa> with 22364, such a tr() descriptor will be created by default
226 2021-07-30T19:11:40  <achow101> with 22364 should also need an option in the GUI which I think can be taken from 22260
227 2021-07-30T19:12:02  <achow101> S3RK: currently the only way is to use importdescriptors
228 2021-07-30T19:12:13  <michaelfolkson> Ohh ok. I thought that was making the default descriptor a Taproot descriptor. That is just allowing you to make a Taproot descriptor, gotcha
229 2021-07-30T19:12:20  <achow101> but I think we should add something (maybe to upgradewallet) that can generate a tr descriptor for the wallet
230 2021-07-30T19:12:36  <S3RK> achow101: yes, I was thinking the same
231 2021-07-30T19:12:50  <S3RK> manually constructing tr based on your existing master key is a bit tedious
232 2021-07-30T19:12:52  <sipa> michaelfolkson: there is no "default descriptor"
233 2021-07-30T19:13:09  <sipa> michaelfolkson: there is a default descriptor per address type
234 2021-07-30T19:13:30  <sipa> right now, no default bech32m descriptor is created, so no bech32m addresses can be requested
235 2021-07-30T19:13:43  <sipa> with 22364, a default bech32m descriptor will be created
236 2021-07-30T19:13:54  *** prayank <prayank!~andr0irc@51.158.144.31> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
237 2021-07-30T19:13:59  <sipa> (but there will also still be default bech32 and legacy descriptors)
238 2021-07-30T19:14:25  <michaelfolkson> Ok thanks
239 2021-07-30T19:15:12  <michaelfolkson> Then a question on Miniscript (that we discussed at the last wallet meeting)
240 2021-07-30T19:15:15  <S3RK> achow101: do you have any toughts on how a new command might work? we don't want a command just for the taproot, do we?
241 2021-07-30T19:15:42  <michaelfolkson> But I'll wait for above to finish
242 2021-07-30T19:15:59  <achow101> S3RK: I'm thinking maybe a new RPC for generating descriptors in general
243 2021-07-30T19:16:27  <S3RK> what's the input for it would look like?
244 2021-07-30T19:16:53  <achow101> generatedescriptor bech32m
245 2021-07-30T19:16:54  <achow101> ?
246 2021-07-30T19:17:01  <S3RK> michaelfolkson: sorry for hijacking your quesitons
247 2021-07-30T19:17:24  <prayank> getnewdescriptor -tr ?
248 2021-07-30T19:17:27  <michaelfolkson> No it is fine, I'm not only one here :)
249 2021-07-30T19:17:37  <achow101> I think the argument would be the address type, and the descriptor generated depends on whatever the default for the address type we choose
250 2021-07-30T19:17:43  <achow101> this would change with future descriptors though
251 2021-07-30T19:18:28  <achow101> there's also some issues with sharing the same master private key as other descriptors (or rather lack of)
252 2021-07-30T19:18:31  <sipa> achow101: how would it know what key to use?
253 2021-07-30T19:18:58  <S3RK> good question
254 2021-07-30T19:19:07  <achow101> sipa: generate a new one?
255 2021-07-30T19:19:13  <S3RK> meh..
256 2021-07-30T19:19:35  <S3RK> now when I create new wallet don't I have one master key for all descriptors?
257 2021-07-30T19:19:36  <sipa> achow101: i'm mostly asking because i wonder if it could be extended later to help with a multisig workflow
258 2021-07-30T19:19:53  <achow101> S3RK: yes
259 2021-07-30T19:20:09  <S3RK> it's really nice to have one master key I think. I'd like to keep that
260 2021-07-30T19:20:16  <achow101> sipa: how would that work?
261 2021-07-30T19:20:30  <sipa> achow101: i don't really know...
262 2021-07-30T19:20:52  <achow101> S3RK: after a wallet is created, there isn't really a concept of "the wallet's master private key"
263 2021-07-30T19:21:11  <achow101> especially if people import things afterwards
264 2021-07-30T19:21:55  <S3RK> yeah, I understand. But I that was the promise of HD
265 2021-07-30T19:22:12  <achow101> the promise of descriptors is also that it doesn't matter
266 2021-07-30T19:22:29  <achow101> since the key is in the descriptor
267 2021-07-30T19:22:48  <gene> hi
268 2021-07-30T19:23:30  <S3RK> I kind of agree, but harder to backup and interropability is worse
269 2021-07-30T19:23:33  <achow101> S3RK: there could be a second argument that gives the address type to take the master privkey from
270 2021-07-30T19:23:51  <sipa> S3RK: well you need to backup either the wallet file, or the descriptors individually
271 2021-07-30T19:24:01  <sipa> just having the key is not enough in any case
272 2021-07-30T19:24:13  <achow101> e.g. "generatedescriptor bech32m bech32" would mean "make a descriptor that makes bech32m addresses using the master key from the current active external bech32 descriptor"
273 2021-07-30T19:24:41  <sipa> but with a different derivation path?
274 2021-07-30T19:24:51  <achow101> yes
275 2021-07-30T19:25:03  <sipa> how would it figure out what path to use?
276 2021-07-30T19:25:10  <S3RK> sipa: yes and there is also limited amount of derivations paths. I can just generate descriptors for all of them
277 2021-07-30T19:25:22  <sipa> S3RK: i really dislike that notion :)
278 2021-07-30T19:26:14  <sipa> especially if multisig becomes more common, with individual signers participating possibly in multiple multisigs, you can't just assume you can iterate over all possible derivation paths
279 2021-07-30T19:26:45  <achow101> sipa: I think it would just use the default derivation path. for tr that's in BIP 86
280 2021-07-30T19:26:58  <S3RK> yes, multisig makes everything more complicated
281 2021-07-30T19:27:21  <sipa> achow101: right, fair; perhaps it could check if that some other descriptor already uses that default derivation path
282 2021-07-30T19:28:29  <achow101> if we wanted to be more specific about which descriptor to take things from, we do have a descriptor id thing
283 2021-07-30T19:29:20  <achow101> but we might want to formalize descriptor ids before using them
284 2021-07-30T19:29:54  <gene> does the concept of domain separation apply to descriptors?
285 2021-07-30T19:30:42  <S3RK> gene: what do you mean by domain separation?
286 2021-07-30T19:31:20  <gene> having a specific prefix for derivation paths specific to the use-case
287 2021-07-30T19:32:09  <achow101> gene: the point of descriptors is that we can move away from doing that because the derivation paths are explicit in the descriptor
288 2021-07-30T19:32:12  *** jonatack <jonatack!~jonatack@user/jonatack> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
289 2021-07-30T19:32:19  <S3RK> there is a notion of an "account" in the derivation path. not sure if that's what you want
290 2021-07-30T19:33:14  <gene> not account, more like all tr addrs use m/45' where all normal use m/44'
291 2021-07-30T19:33:20  <prayank> Do we have any transaction on Testnet that has P2TR outputs? If someone tried and has transaction id, please share. I want to check few things in my node, different explorers.
292 2021-07-30T19:33:35  <achow101> sipa: we could also make the derivation path be overridden by the user
293 2021-07-30T19:33:53  <michaelfolkson> prayank: We do, I'll find you a link
294 2021-07-30T19:33:54  <achow101> gene: that exists already, see BIPs 44/49/84/86
295 2021-07-30T19:34:08  <gene> achow101: thanks +1
296 2021-07-30T19:34:28  <S3RK> sipa achow101: thanks for you ideas. we don't have to solve it now. Let's think about it and check back later
297 2021-07-30T19:35:03  <achow101> right, we still have time
298 2021-07-30T19:35:12  <achow101> michaelfolkson: you had somehing else?
299 2021-07-30T19:35:47  <michaelfolkson> Right on Miniscript...
300 2021-07-30T19:36:11  <michaelfolkson> I know nothing ever is final, final but is Miniscript considered "final" now. Time for a BIP etc?
301 2021-07-30T19:36:31  <michaelfolkson> There are still small changes being made every now and again
302 2021-07-30T19:37:18  <michaelfolkson> It seems gnarly getting these libraries into Core (Minisketch, Miniscript etc) when Core can change, the PR can change and the external library can change
303 2021-07-30T19:38:00  <michaelfolkson> Presumably the libsecp approach of keeping it as an external library rather than a subset of it being merged into Core isn't viable
304 2021-07-30T19:38:13  <achow101> looking briefly at rust-miniscript, it seems like changes aren't really being made to miniscript itself but rather to the specific implementation
305 2021-07-30T19:38:30  <michaelfolkson> And this would be final like Miniscript version 1, obviously Miniscript would change with Taproot etc
306 2021-07-30T19:38:40  <sipa> i don't tyink the current spec will change anymore
307 2021-07-30T19:38:42  <achow101> I think the same can be said of sipa's c++ miniscript implementation
308 2021-07-30T19:38:56  <sipa> but the c++ miniscript repo isn"t even up to date with that spec i think
309 2021-07-30T19:39:10  <sipa> of course more extensions can be added
310 2021-07-30T19:39:12  <michaelfolkson> There are a few issues and open PRs on sipa's C++ implementation
311 2021-07-30T19:39:23  <michaelfolkson> (I think... from memory)
312 2021-07-30T19:39:30  <achow101> sipa: is your website still the up to date spec?
313 2021-07-30T19:39:45  <sipa> there has been some.more activity recently, so i think we'll be able to make.progress there soonish
314 2021-07-30T19:39:51  <sipa> achow101: i don't remember
315 2021-07-30T19:39:55  <sipa> too swapped out...
316 2021-07-30T19:40:44  <sipa> (afk)
317 2021-07-30T19:40:54  <prayank> michaelfolkson: Thanks :) you can share here. I will check in logs if my IRC app disconnects.
318 2021-07-30T19:41:41  <michaelfolkson> James' Python implementation has been sitting there for a similar time so it would nice to get a "
319 2021-07-30T19:41:47  <michaelfolkson> "final" BIP spec
320 2021-07-30T19:41:49  <achow101> I can ask sanket or andytoshi if either of them would like to write a BIP
321 2021-07-30T19:42:15  <michaelfolkson> Happy to help (and not be named as a co-author on the BIP)
322 2021-07-30T19:42:28  <michaelfolkson> If needed
323 2021-07-30T19:42:28  <achow101> (I expect the only person who is actually fully up to date on all of the particulars is sanket)
324 2021-07-30T19:43:27  <michaelfolkson> Ok cool, that was my question having glanced over the open Miniscript PR earlier
325 2021-07-30T19:43:57  <achow101> anything else to discuss?
326 2021-07-30T19:44:05  <S3RK> I have one more small question
327 2021-07-30T19:44:09  <michaelfolkson> And ideally not 10 BIPs for Miniscript :)
328 2021-07-30T19:44:14  * michaelfolkson ducks
329 2021-07-30T19:44:36  <S3RK> how do we decide whether make listing private descriptors a separate RPC? #21500
330 2021-07-30T19:44:38  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21500 | wallet, rpc: add an option to list private descriptors by S3RK · Pull Request #21500 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
331 2021-07-30T19:45:09  <achow101> S3RK: I think that's a personal preference type of thing
332 2021-07-30T19:45:25  <achow101> I don't particularly care either way, but it makes sense to continue to just add an option to the existing RPC
333 2021-07-30T19:45:48  <S3RK> me too. should I solicit more opinions?
334 2021-07-30T19:46:38  <achow101> I don't think many people care
335 2021-07-30T19:47:12  <S3RK> ok. oh.. one more thing
336 2021-07-30T19:47:22  <S3RK> do we want to consider a CI setup without BDB?
337 2021-07-30T19:47:37  <gene> adding a separate RPC could increase security by allowing people to disable it
338 2021-07-30T19:47:47  <achow101> S3RK: that would probably be a good idea
339 2021-07-30T19:48:00  <achow101> gene: There's currently no way to disable specific RPCs
340 2021-07-30T19:48:12  <gene> oh...
341 2021-07-30T19:48:34  <gene> guessing no way to disable RPC options then either?
342 2021-07-30T19:48:57  <achow101> that's correct
343 2021-07-30T19:49:33  <gene> may look into how much work it would be to add that feature
344 2021-07-30T19:50:03  <achow101> anything else?
345 2021-07-30T19:50:12  <S3RK> nope
346 2021-07-30T19:50:14  <michaelfolkson> Nope
347 2021-07-30T19:50:18  <achow101> #endmeeting
348 2021-07-30T19:50:19  <core-meetingbot> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
349 2021-07-30T19:50:19  <core-meetingbot> Meeting ended Fri Jul 30 19:50:18 2021 UTC.
350 2021-07-30T19:50:19  <core-meetingbot> Minutes:        https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings/logs/bitcoin-core-dev/2021/bitcoin-core-dev.2021-07-30-19.04.moin.txt
351 2021-07-30T19:50:22  *** Guest9 <Guest9!~Guest9@85.red-2-139-120.dynamicip.rima-tde.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
352 2021-07-30T19:50:31  <michaelfolkson> Thanks achow101 et al
353 2021-07-30T19:50:45  <achow101> I'll probably prototype some possible upgrade methods on monday
354 2021-07-30T19:50:47  <gene> thanks :3
355 2021-07-30T19:51:13  <prayank> gene: option to disable RPCs sounds interesting. Although I doubt many people would agree to add it.
356 2021-07-30T19:51:25  <gene> why?
357 2021-07-30T19:51:27  <S3RK> achow101: you mean adding tr descriptor to exsting wallet?
358 2021-07-30T19:51:32  <achow101> S3RK: yeah
359 2021-07-30T19:51:40  <S3RK> achow101: ping me if when you have something to share
360 2021-07-30T19:51:59  <achow101> sure
361 2021-07-30T19:53:21  <gene> my general impression of bitcoin devs is a high respect and concern for security. adding a feature that increases the ability of users to secure themselves seems like it fits
362 2021-07-30T19:53:30  *** Guest9 <Guest9!~Guest9@85.red-2-139-120.dynamicip.rima-tde.net> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
363 2021-07-30T19:53:55  <achow101> gene: I think there have been some ideas around multiple RPC users and permissions for those users
364 2021-07-30T19:54:11  <michaelfolkson> prayank: Just interested in testnet, not mainnet or signet? 0xB10C is the guru here
365 2021-07-30T19:54:17  <achow101> It would probably be better to do something related to that rather than disabling RPCs.
366 2021-07-30T19:54:43  <achow101> but generally our protection against unauthorized exports of wallet privkeys is to enable wallet encryption
367 2021-07-30T19:54:47  <achow101> and not expose RPCs publicly
368 2021-07-30T19:55:10  <michaelfolkson> prayank: I'm guessing you saw this https://b10c.me/blog/007-spending-p2tr-pre-activation/
369 2021-07-30T19:55:18  <prayank> michaelfolkson: Only testnet. Not sure if it's possible to do it on mainnet safely before activation.
370 2021-07-30T19:55:37  <gene> right, but what if I (as theoretical user) want to expose an RPC to get current block height, but not query addresses?
371 2021-07-30T19:56:01  <prayank> Reading the link now
372 2021-07-30T19:56:03  <michaelfolkson> prayank: Oh it isn't. If you read that blog post 0xB10C effectively "stole" the funds at the Taproot outputs on mainnet
373 2021-07-30T19:56:17  <S3RK> gener: I also wonder how is it solved in the industry right now
374 2021-07-30T19:56:36  *** tecnecio <tecnecio!~tecnecio_@85.red-2-139-120.dynamicip.rima-tde.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
375 2021-07-30T19:57:02  <achow101> gene: you might be interested in the discussion in #12248
376 2021-07-30T19:57:04  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12248 | RPC Whitelist Files · Issue #12248 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
377 2021-07-30T19:57:18  <gene> the separation of users is a good idea, too. accounts (user credentials) can be hacked, though. so, think that disabling the RPC as the ultimate way to secure against an attack on public node
378 2021-07-30T19:57:37  <achow101> oh, perhaps #12763 already implements some of this?
379 2021-07-30T19:57:39  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12763 | Add RPC Whitelist Feature from #12248 by JeremyRubin · Pull Request #12763 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
380 2021-07-30T19:57:51  <S3RK> here we go :)
381 2021-07-30T19:57:59  <gene> will look at those, thanks for the links
382 2021-07-30T19:59:44  <gene> 12248 looks like exactly what I was thinking about
383 2021-07-30T19:59:57  <gene> plus more
384 2021-07-30T20:00:51  <_aj_> "there's currently no way to disable specific RPCs" -- doesn't #12763 provide that?
385 2021-07-30T20:00:55  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12763 | Add RPC Whitelist Feature from #12248 by JeremyRubin · Pull Request #12763 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
386 2021-07-30T20:01:32  <_aj_> ah, should've spent less time scrolled back
387 2021-07-30T20:05:20  *** Lightsword <Lightsword!~Lightswor@user/lightsword> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
388 2021-07-30T20:07:46  <blkncd> prayank: here are testnet spends https://twitter.com/0xB10C/status/1415697704726978570 and corresponding P2TR outputs
389 2021-07-30T20:09:03  <michaelfolkson> prayank: You can't search for tb1p addresses on blockstream.info it appears. Need the full address
390 2021-07-30T20:10:40  <prayank> Awesome. Those links will be helpful. Still reading the first one. Thanks michaelfolkson and blkncd
391 2021-07-30T20:15:15  *** gene <gene!~gene@gateway/tor-sasl/gene> has quit IRC (Quit: gene)
392 2021-07-30T20:19:20  *** prayank <prayank!~andr0irc@51.158.144.31> has quit IRC (Quit: irc thread exit)
393 2021-07-30T20:52:19  *** Guyver2 <Guyver2!Guyver@guyver2.xs4all.nl> has quit IRC (Quit: Going offline, see ya! (www.adiirc.com))
394 2021-07-30T20:57:30  *** tecnecio <tecnecio!~tecnecio_@85.red-2-139-120.dynamicip.rima-tde.net> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
395 2021-07-30T21:48:03  *** promag <promag!~promag@188.250.84.129> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving...)
396 2021-07-30T22:13:59  *** goatpig <goatpig!~goat@2a01cb0801f0f6003f157119e61ceee6.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has quit IRC (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
397 2021-07-30T22:48:08  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6180:500::12b> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
398 2021-07-30T23:05:50  *** andrewtoth_ <andrewtoth_!~andrewtot@gateway/tor-sasl/andrewtoth> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
399 2021-07-30T23:06:13  *** andrewtoth_ <andrewtoth_!~andrewtot@gateway/tor-sasl/andrewtoth> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
400 2021-07-30T23:26:50  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6180:500::12b> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
401 2021-07-30T23:33:00  *** vysn <vysn!~vysn@user/vysn> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
402 2021-07-30T23:50:30  *** Talkless <Talkless!~Talkless@mail.dargis.net> has quit IRC (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
403 2021-07-30T23:51:05  *** earnestly <earnestly!~earnest@user/earnestly> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)