1 2021-10-21T00:35:55  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  2 2021-10-21T00:35:55  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/c8bae2be341c...69986de383ff
  3 2021-10-21T00:35:55  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b65a25a Martin Zumsande: log: improve addrman logging
  4 2021-10-21T00:35:55  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 69986de fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22839: log: improve addrman logging
  5 2021-10-21T00:35:57  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
  6 2021-10-21T00:36:12  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  7 2021-10-21T00:36:12  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #22839: log: improve addrman logging (master...202108_log_addrman) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22839
  8 2021-10-21T00:36:13  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
  9 2021-10-21T00:37:30  *** earnestly <earnestly!~earnest@user/earnestly> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
 10 2021-10-21T00:40:14  *** jespada <jespada!~jespada@2803:9800:9842:7a62:5d33:6404:2aef:9813> has quit IRC (Quit: My MacBook has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
 11 2021-10-21T01:07:35  *** schmidty <schmidty!sid297174@id-297174.lymington.irccloud.com> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
 12 2021-10-21T01:07:46  *** jamesob <jamesob!uid180710@id-180710.helmsley.irccloud.com> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
 13 2021-10-21T01:12:05  *** jamesob <jamesob!uid180710@id-180710.helmsley.irccloud.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 14 2021-10-21T01:12:43  *** stick <stick!sid403625@user/prusnak> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
 15 2021-10-21T01:15:53  *** stick <stick!sid403625@user/prusnak> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 16 2021-10-21T01:21:51  *** schmidty <schmidty!sid297174@id-297174.lymington.irccloud.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 17 2021-10-21T01:31:56  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 18 2021-10-21T01:31:56  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/69986de383ff...4229f71bf8c2
 19 2021-10-21T01:31:56  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 17ae260 Cory Fields: build: remove build stubs for external leveldb
 20 2021-10-21T01:31:56  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4229f71 fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#23282: build: remove build stubs for external leveld...
 21 2021-10-21T01:31:58  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 22 2021-10-21T01:32:13  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 23 2021-10-21T01:32:13  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #23282: build: remove build stubs for external leveldb (master...no_external_leveldb) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23282
 24 2021-10-21T01:32:14  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 25 2021-10-21T02:02:45  *** freesprung <freesprung!~freesprun@136-25-131-81.cab.webpass.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 26 2021-10-21T02:18:14  <cfields> kanzure: thanks for hosting :)
 27 2021-10-21T02:20:51  <jamesob> does anyone understand this test failure? I don't see why my PR would be causing it, but I also don't see the same failure on other PRs: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23289/checks?check_run_id=3955413522
 28 2021-10-21T02:22:57  <fanquake> jamesob: see #22936. I'd assume the descriptors failure is intermittent, which results in the other error, neither of which are related to your change
 29 2021-10-21T02:22:58  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22936 | test: dont try and use os.killpg() on Windows by fanquake · Pull Request #22936 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
 30 2021-10-21T02:23:11  <jamesob> awesome, will review now
 31 2021-10-21T02:23:22  <jamesob> thanks fanquake
 32 2021-10-21T02:26:48  *** emcy <emcy!~emcy@user/emcy> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
 33 2021-10-21T02:30:27  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 34 2021-10-21T02:30:27  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/4229f71bf8c2...c53e95f22cc2
 35 2021-10-21T02:30:27  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fac303c MarcoFalke: refactor: Remove unused MakeUCharSpan
 36 2021-10-21T02:30:27  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa1e5de MarcoFalke: scripted-diff: Move bloom to src/common
 37 2021-10-21T02:30:27  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa2d611 MarcoFalke: style: Sort
 38 2021-10-21T02:30:29  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 39 2021-10-21T02:30:44  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 40 2021-10-21T02:30:44  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #23137: Move-only: bloom to src/common (master...2109-srcCommon) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23137
 41 2021-10-21T02:30:46  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 42 2021-10-21T02:40:16  *** emcy <emcy!~emcy@user/emcy> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 43 2021-10-21T02:49:29  *** mikehu44 <mikehu44!~quassel@206.189.41.250> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 44 2021-10-21T03:00:34  *** gnaf <gnaf!~gnaf@86-91-224-60.opennet.kpn.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
 45 2021-10-21T03:03:33  *** mikehu44_ <mikehu44_!~quassel@183.36.228.41> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 46 2021-10-21T03:08:44  *** mikehu44_ <mikehu44_!~quassel@183.36.228.41> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
 47 2021-10-21T03:09:09  *** mikehu44_ <mikehu44_!~quassel@183.36.228.41> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 48 2021-10-21T03:16:45  *** mikehu44_ <mikehu44_!~quassel@183.36.228.41> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
 49 2021-10-21T03:16:56  *** mikehu44_ <mikehu44_!~quassel@gateway/vpn/pia/mikehu44-jc> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 50 2021-10-21T03:22:58  *** mikehu44_ <mikehu44_!~quassel@gateway/vpn/pia/mikehu44-jc> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
 51 2021-10-21T03:24:29  *** mikehu44_ <mikehu44_!~quassel@gateway/vpn/pia/mikehu44-jc> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 52 2021-10-21T03:30:43  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 53 2021-10-21T03:36:00  *** mikehu44_ <mikehu44_!~quassel@gateway/vpn/pia/mikehu44-jc> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
 54 2021-10-21T03:36:39  *** mikehu44_ <mikehu44_!~quassel@gateway/vpn/pia/mikehu44-jc> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 55 2021-10-21T03:42:58  *** gnaf <gnaf!~gnaf@86-91-224-60.opennet.kpn.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 56 2021-10-21T03:46:07  *** freesprung <freesprung!~freesprun@136-25-131-81.cab.webpass.net> has quit IRC (Quit: zzz)
 57 2021-10-21T03:58:34  *** gnaf <gnaf!~gnaf@86-91-224-60.opennet.kpn.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
 58 2021-10-21T04:01:02  *** cmirror <cmirror!~cmirror@4.53.92.114> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 59 2021-10-21T04:01:08  *** cmirror <cmirror!~cmirror@4.53.92.114> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 60 2021-10-21T04:10:24  *** freesprung <freesprung!~freesprun@136-25-131-81.cab.webpass.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 61 2021-10-21T04:14:51  *** BlueMatt <BlueMatt!~BlueMatt@ircb.bluematt.me> has quit IRC (Quit: Quit)
 62 2021-10-21T04:15:06  *** BlueMatt <BlueMatt!~BlueMatt@ircb.bluematt.me> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 63 2021-10-21T04:20:50  *** belcher <belcher!~belcher@user/belcher> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
 64 2021-10-21T04:26:56  *** ArctVaulMarsHMPJ <ArctVaulMarsHMPJ!~pjetcetal@128-71-225-36.broadband.corbina.ru> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 65 2021-10-21T04:34:28  *** belcher <belcher!~belcher@user/belcher> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 66 2021-10-21T04:38:25  *** freesprung <freesprung!~freesprun@136-25-131-81.cab.webpass.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
 67 2021-10-21T04:54:28  *** ArctVaulMarsHMPJ <ArctVaulMarsHMPJ!~pjetcetal@128-71-225-36.broadband.corbina.ru> has quit IRC (Quit: EXIT)
 68 2021-10-21T04:58:08  *** gnaf <gnaf!~gnaf@86-91-224-60.opennet.kpn.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 69 2021-10-21T05:24:26  *** freesprung <freesprung!~freesprun@136-25-131-81.cab.webpass.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 70 2021-10-21T05:38:13  *** freesprung <freesprung!~freesprun@user/freesprung> has quit IRC (Quit: zzz)
 71 2021-10-21T05:38:36  *** freesprung <freesprung!~freesprun@user/freesprung> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 72 2021-10-21T05:59:44  *** mikehu44 <mikehu44!~quassel@206.189.41.250> has quit IRC (Quit: https://quassel-irc.org - Chat comfortably. Anywhere.)
 73 2021-10-21T06:05:53  *** mikehu44 <mikehu44!~quassel@206.189.41.250> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 74 2021-10-21T06:07:08  *** TheRec <TheRec!~toto@user/therec> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
 75 2021-10-21T06:07:50  *** TheRec <TheRec!~toto@84-75-225-47.dclient.hispeed.ch> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 76 2021-10-21T06:08:01  *** baakeydow <baakeydow!~baake@2001:bc8:65c:2601::1> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
 77 2021-10-21T06:08:12  *** yanmaani1 <yanmaani1!~yanmaani@gateway/tor-sasl/yanmaani> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 78 2021-10-21T06:08:50  *** yanmaani1 <yanmaani1!~yanmaani@gateway/tor-sasl/yanmaani> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 79 2021-10-21T06:10:22  *** baakeydow <baakeydow!~baake@2001:bc8:65c:2601::1> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 80 2021-10-21T06:15:09  *** BlueMatt_ <BlueMatt_!~BlueMatt@ircb.bluematt.me> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 81 2021-10-21T06:15:23  *** BlueMatt <BlueMatt!~BlueMatt@ircb.bluematt.me> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
 82 2021-10-21T06:21:08  *** mikehu44 <mikehu44!~quassel@206.189.41.250> has quit IRC (Quit: https://quassel-irc.org - Chat comfortably. Anywhere.)
 83 2021-10-21T06:24:52  *** vasild <vasild!~vd@user/vasild> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 84 2021-10-21T06:25:14  *** vasild <vasild!~vd@user/vasild> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 85 2021-10-21T06:35:04  *** vasild <vasild!~vd@user/vasild> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 86 2021-10-21T06:35:26  *** vasild <vasild!~vd@user/vasild> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 87 2021-10-21T06:40:01  *** smartin <smartin!~Icedove@88.135.18.171> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 88 2021-10-21T06:45:14  *** goatpig <goatpig!~goat@static-193-13-33-110.cust.tele2.se> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 89 2021-10-21T07:04:10  *** vasild <vasild!~vd@user/vasild> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 90 2021-10-21T07:04:25  *** vasild <vasild!~vd@user/vasild> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 91 2021-10-21T07:07:12  *** ravan <ravan!~ravan@user/ravan> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 92 2021-10-21T07:22:21  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 93 2021-10-21T07:22:21  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to 22.x: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/12b315484d1a...56156a1f08b0
 94 2021-10-21T07:22:21  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/22.x e959b46 fanquake: build: explicitly disable libsecp256k1 openssl based tests
 95 2021-10-21T07:22:21  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/22.x 56156a1 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#23315: [22.x] build: explicitly disable libsecp256k1...
 96 2021-10-21T07:22:23  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 97 2021-10-21T07:22:38  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 98 2021-10-21T07:22:38  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #23315: [22.x] build: explicitly disable libsecp256k1 openssl based tests (22.x...22_x_disable_libsecp256k1_openssl_tests) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23315
 99 2021-10-21T07:22:39  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
100 2021-10-21T07:29:06  *** gnaf <gnaf!~gnaf@86-91-224-60.opennet.kpn.net> has quit IRC (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
101 2021-10-21T07:31:21  *** earnestly <earnestly!~earnest@user/earnestly> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
102 2021-10-21T07:51:40  *** ravan <ravan!~ravan@user/ravan> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
103 2021-10-21T07:56:30  *** Guyver2 <Guyver2!Guyver@guyver2.xs4all.nl> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
104 2021-10-21T08:00:33  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
105 2021-10-21T08:00:33  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/c53e95f22cc2...3e3f53c77e73
106 2021-10-21T08:00:33  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa44406 MarcoFalke: ci: Disable syscall sandbox in valgrind functional tests
107 2021-10-21T08:00:33  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3e3f53c MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#23328: ci: Disable syscall sandbox in valgrind funct...
108 2021-10-21T08:00:35  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
109 2021-10-21T08:00:49  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
110 2021-10-21T08:00:49  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #23328: ci: Disable syscall sandbox in valgrind functional tests (master...2110-ciValSan) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23328
111 2021-10-21T08:00:50  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
112 2021-10-21T08:08:16  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
113 2021-10-21T08:08:16  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/3e3f53c77e73...9aa4ddb410b2
114 2021-10-21T08:08:16  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 130ee48 Sebastian Falbesoner: test: get and decode tx with a single `gettransaction` RPC call
115 2021-10-21T08:08:16  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9aa4ddb MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#23287: test: get and decode tx with a single `gettra...
116 2021-10-21T08:08:18  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
117 2021-10-21T08:08:33  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
118 2021-10-21T08:08:33  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #23287: test: get and decode tx with a single `gettransaction` RPC call (master...202110-test-fetch_and_decode_tx_with_single_RPC_call) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23287
119 2021-10-21T08:08:34  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
120 2021-10-21T08:10:05  *** Guest48 <Guest48!~Guest48@2600:1700:b950:d740:4dd5:2600:1d89:de33> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
121 2021-10-21T08:11:43  *** dviola <dviola!~diego@user/dviola> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
122 2021-10-21T08:15:52  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
123 2021-10-21T08:15:52  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/9aa4ddb410b2...548ad5ef7f60
124 2021-10-21T08:15:52  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4ac8c89 Sebastian Falbesoner: test: check that bumpfee RPC fails for txs with descendants in mempool
125 2021-10-21T08:15:52  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 548ad5e MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#23281: test: check that bumpfee RPC fails for txs wi...
126 2021-10-21T08:15:54  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
127 2021-10-21T08:16:09  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
128 2021-10-21T08:16:09  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #23281: test: check that bumpfee RPC fails for txs with descendants in mempool (master...202110-test-bumpfee_test_descendant_in_mempool) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23281
129 2021-10-21T08:16:10  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
130 2021-10-21T08:19:20  *** dodo <dodo!~dodo@user/dodo> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
131 2021-10-21T08:21:43  *** haakon <haakon!~haakonn@82.196.8.209> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
132 2021-10-21T08:22:54  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
133 2021-10-21T08:22:54  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/548ad5ef7f60...88fc7950f8db
134 2021-10-21T08:22:54  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b7884dd brunoerg: test: bip125-replaceable in listsinceblock
135 2021-10-21T08:22:54  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 88fc795 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#23267: test: bip125-replaceable in listsinceblock
136 2021-10-21T08:22:56  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
137 2021-10-21T08:23:12  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
138 2021-10-21T08:23:12  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #23267: test: bip125-replaceable in listsinceblock (master...2021-10-test-bip125-listsinceblock) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23267
139 2021-10-21T08:23:13  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
140 2021-10-21T08:26:30  *** emcy_ <emcy_!~emcy@user/emcy> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
141 2021-10-21T08:27:29  *** haakon <haakon!~haakonn@82.196.8.209> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
142 2021-10-21T08:29:25  *** emcy <emcy!~emcy@user/emcy> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
143 2021-10-21T08:33:46  *** haakon <haakon!~haakonn@82.196.8.209> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
144 2021-10-21T08:41:31  *** sebx2a <sebx2a!sid356034@uxbridge.irccloud.com> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
145 2021-10-21T08:44:42  *** sebx2a <sebx2a!sid356034@id-356034.uxbridge.irccloud.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
146 2021-10-21T08:45:35  *** vasild <vasild!~vd@user/vasild> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
147 2021-10-21T08:45:58  *** vasild <vasild!~vd@user/vasild> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
148 2021-10-21T08:49:31  *** haakon <haakon!~haakonn@82.196.8.209> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
149 2021-10-21T08:51:05  *** dodo <dodo!~dodo@user/dodo> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
150 2021-10-21T08:55:37  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@71pc74.sshunet.nl> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
151 2021-10-21T09:16:02  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
152 2021-10-21T09:16:02  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #23331: test: Replace log with assert_equal in wallet_abandonconflict (master...2110-testAssert) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23331
153 2021-10-21T09:16:03  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
154 2021-10-21T09:38:16  *** mikehu44 <mikehu44!~quassel@206.189.41.250> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
155 2021-10-21T09:43:30  *** mikehu44 <mikehu44!~quassel@206.189.41.250> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
156 2021-10-21T09:54:47  *** Guyver2 <Guyver2!Guyver@guyver2.xs4all.nl> has left #bitcoin-core-dev (Closing Window)
157 2021-10-21T10:08:02  *** promag <promag!~promag@188.250.84.129> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
158 2021-10-21T10:08:02  *** promag_ <promag_!~promag@188.250.84.129> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
159 2021-10-21T10:31:55  *** freesprung <freesprung!~freesprun@user/freesprung> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
160 2021-10-21T10:39:17  *** esraa <esraa!~esraa@147.236.159.129> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
161 2021-10-21T10:39:44  *** esraa <esraa!~esraa@147.236.159.129> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
162 2021-10-21T11:06:03  *** emcy <emcy!~emcy@user/emcy> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
163 2021-10-21T11:07:17  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@user/luke-jr> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC - http://znc.sourceforge.net)
164 2021-10-21T11:07:49  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@user/luke-jr> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
165 2021-10-21T11:08:40  *** emcy_ <emcy_!~emcy@user/emcy> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
166 2021-10-21T11:14:28  *** Victorsueca <Victorsueca!~Victorsue@user/victorsueca> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
167 2021-10-21T11:23:37  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@user/luke-jr> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC - http://znc.sourceforge.net)
168 2021-10-21T11:24:09  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@user/luke-jr> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
169 2021-10-21T11:31:09  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@user/luke-jr> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC - http://znc.sourceforge.net)
170 2021-10-21T11:32:59  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@user/luke-jr> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
171 2021-10-21T11:51:43  *** mikehu44 <mikehu44!~quassel@206.189.41.250> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
172 2021-10-21T11:55:10  *** ravan <ravan!~ravan@user/ravan> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
173 2021-10-21T12:28:14  *** jespada <jespada!~jespada@2803:9800:9842:7a62:9560:3718:bb2f:f5ee> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
174 2021-10-21T12:31:53  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has quit IRC (Quit: = "")
175 2021-10-21T12:58:55  *** ravan <ravan!~ravan@user/ravan> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
176 2021-10-21T13:20:48  *** goatpig <goatpig!~goat@static-193-13-33-110.cust.tele2.se> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
177 2021-10-21T13:37:22  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
178 2021-10-21T13:37:22  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #23332: doc: Fix CWalletTx::Confirmation doc (master...2110-docWalletConfirm) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23332
179 2021-10-21T13:37:22  *** jtrag <jtrag!~jtrag@user/jtrag> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
180 2021-10-21T13:37:23  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
181 2021-10-21T14:18:48  *** ravan <ravan!~ravan@user/ravan> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
182 2021-10-21T14:31:31  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
183 2021-10-21T14:31:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #23333: wallet: fix segfault by avoiding invalid default-ctored `external_spk_managers` entry (master...202110-wallet-fix_getwalletinfo_segfault_after_importing_descriptor) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23333
184 2021-10-21T14:31:32  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
185 2021-10-21T14:48:17  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6180:500::12b> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
186 2021-10-21T15:00:19  *** gnaf <gnaf!~gnaf@86-91-224-60.opennet.kpn.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
187 2021-10-21T15:07:38  *** mikehu44_ <mikehu44_!~quassel@gateway/vpn/pia/mikehu44-jc> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
188 2021-10-21T15:35:48  *** yanmaani1 <yanmaani1!~yanmaani@gateway/tor-sasl/yanmaani> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
189 2021-10-21T15:36:14  *** white5moke <white5moke!~white5mok@ip72-219-109-30.oc.oc.cox.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
190 2021-10-21T15:43:04  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
191 2021-10-21T15:43:04  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/88fc7950f8db...ee1294f155a4
192 2021-10-21T15:43:04  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 96f469f Jon Atack: netinfo: print peer counts for all reachable networks
193 2021-10-21T15:43:04  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ee1294f W. J. van der Laan: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#23324: Print peer counts for all reachable networks ...
194 2021-10-21T15:43:06  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
195 2021-10-21T15:45:39  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
196 2021-10-21T15:45:39  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #23324: Print peer counts for all reachable networks in -netinfo (master...netinfo-print-peer-counts-for-all-reachable-networks) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23324
197 2021-10-21T15:45:40  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
198 2021-10-21T15:51:12  *** yanmaani1 <yanmaani1!~yanmaani@gateway/tor-sasl/yanmaani> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
199 2021-10-21T15:52:45  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6180:500::12b> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
200 2021-10-21T15:56:36  *** yanmaani1 <yanmaani1!~yanmaani@gateway/tor-sasl/yanmaani> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
201 2021-10-21T15:58:03  *** yanmaani1 <yanmaani1!~yanmaani@gateway/tor-sasl/yanmaani> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
202 2021-10-21T16:19:21  *** yanmaani1 <yanmaani1!~yanmaani@gateway/tor-sasl/yanmaani> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
203 2021-10-21T16:20:26  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6180:500::12b> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
204 2021-10-21T16:56:57  *** yanmaani1 <yanmaani1!~yanmaani@gateway/tor-sasl/yanmaani> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
205 2021-10-21T17:17:52  *** Talkless <Talkless!~Talkless@mail.dargis.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
206 2021-10-21T17:30:46  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
207 2021-10-21T17:30:46  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/ee1294f155a4...f41aa81c996f
208 2021-10-21T17:30:46  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master be7f413 =: Fix K1/K2 use in the comments in ChaCha20-Poly1305 AEAD
209 2021-10-21T17:30:46  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f41aa81 W. J. van der Laan: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#23271: crypto: Fix K1/K2 use in the comments in ChaC...
210 2021-10-21T17:30:48  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
211 2021-10-21T17:31:03  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
212 2021-10-21T17:31:03  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #23271: crypto: Fix K1/K2 use in the comments in ChaCha20-Poly1305 AEAD (master...fix-k1-k2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23271
213 2021-10-21T17:31:04  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
214 2021-10-21T17:31:20  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6180:500::12b> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
215 2021-10-21T17:32:19  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6180:500::12b> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
216 2021-10-21T17:35:24  *** yanmaani1 <yanmaani1!~yanmaani@gateway/tor-sasl/yanmaani> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
217 2021-10-21T17:35:51  *** Guest48 <Guest48!~Guest48@2600:1700:b950:d740:d85b:abae:b59f:78b1> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
218 2021-10-21T17:38:35  *** white5moke <white5moke!~white5mok@ip72-219-109-30.oc.oc.cox.net> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving...)
219 2021-10-21T17:38:53  *** white5moke <white5moke!~white5mok@ip72-219-109-30.oc.oc.cox.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
220 2021-10-21T17:39:15  *** white5moke <white5moke!~white5mok@ip72-219-109-30.oc.oc.cox.net> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
221 2021-10-21T17:39:24  *** yanmaani1 <yanmaani1!~yanmaani@gateway/tor-sasl/yanmaani> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
222 2021-10-21T17:45:14  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
223 2021-10-21T17:45:14  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/f41aa81c996f...8a083bc5b57f
224 2021-10-21T17:45:14  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fadf118 MarcoFalke: p2p: Use mocktime for ping timeout
225 2021-10-21T17:45:14  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8a083bc W. J. van der Laan: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#23218: p2p: Use mocktime for ping timeout
226 2021-10-21T17:45:15  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
227 2021-10-21T17:45:22  *** mikehu44 <mikehu44!~quassel@206.189.41.250> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
228 2021-10-21T17:45:30  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
229 2021-10-21T17:45:31  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #23218: p2p: Use mocktime for ping timeout (master...2110-mockPingTime) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23218
230 2021-10-21T17:45:32  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
231 2021-10-21T17:59:24  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
232 2021-10-21T17:59:24  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/8a083bc5b57f...179ce098333b
233 2021-10-21T17:59:24  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1946af2 Kennan Mell: Add comment to COIN constant.
234 2021-10-21T17:59:24  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 179ce09 W. J. van der Laan: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#23293: doc: Add comment to COIN constant.
235 2021-10-21T17:59:26  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
236 2021-10-21T17:59:41  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
237 2021-10-21T17:59:41  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #23293: doc: Add comment to COIN constant (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23293
238 2021-10-21T17:59:42  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
239 2021-10-21T18:16:00  *** Guest9057 <Guest9057!~Guest90@200.9.18.169> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
240 2021-10-21T18:28:42  *** yanmaani1 <yanmaani1!~yanmaani@gateway/tor-sasl/yanmaani> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
241 2021-10-21T18:45:16  *** yanmaani1 <yanmaani1!~yanmaani@gateway/tor-sasl/yanmaani> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
242 2021-10-21T18:45:35  *** jonatack <jonatack!jonatack@user/jonatack> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
243 2021-10-21T18:48:12  *** bomb-on <bomb-on!~bomb-on@194.144.47.113> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
244 2021-10-21T19:01:22  <hebasto> meeting?
245 2021-10-21T19:02:16  <josibake> +1
246 2021-10-21T19:02:21  <michaelfolkson> Don't think my proposed meeting topics have been picked up on https://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt
247 2021-10-21T19:02:33  <michaelfolkson> Ah I think gnusha was down, that may be it
248 2021-10-21T19:03:32  <michaelfolkson> You here laanwj?
249 2021-10-21T19:04:14  <meshcollider>  <michaelfolkson> #proposedmeetingtopic Encouraging people to propose meeting topics for the weekly IRC Core dev meetings
250 2021-10-21T19:04:14  <meshcollider> <michaelfolkson> #proposedmeetingtopic Attempting to transition to full RBF over multiple major versions
251 2021-10-21T19:04:24  <laanwj> #startmetting
252 2021-10-21T19:04:27  <jonasschnelli> hi
253 2021-10-21T19:04:29  <laanwj> #startmeeting
254 2021-10-21T19:04:31  <meshcollider> hi
255 2021-10-21T19:04:33  <sipa> hi
256 2021-10-21T19:04:35  <cfields> hi
257 2021-10-21T19:04:35  <hebasto> hi
258 2021-10-21T19:04:36  <michaelfolkson> hi
259 2021-10-21T19:04:38  <kvaciral[m]> hi
260 2021-10-21T19:04:48  <ariard> hi
261 2021-10-21T19:04:49  <jonatack> hi
262 2021-10-21T19:04:54  <lightlike> hi
263 2021-10-21T19:04:58  <laanwj> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: achow101 _aj_ amiti ariard BlueMatt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 darosior digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb glozow gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jarolrod jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral laanwj lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball morcos
264 2021-10-21T19:05:00  <laanwj> nehan NicolasDorier paveljanik petertodd phantomcircuit promag provoostenator ryanofsky sdaftuar sipa vasild
265 2021-10-21T19:05:10  <achow101> hi
266 2021-10-21T19:05:11  <jamesob> hi
267 2021-10-21T19:05:12  <jonasschnelli> #proposedmeetingtopic some personal information from myside
268 2021-10-21T19:05:24  <josibake> hi
269 2021-10-21T19:05:24  *** Guest59 <Guest59!~Guest59@2a02:26f7:c894:701a:0:68c3:2133:3dce> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
270 2021-10-21T19:05:44  <sipa> #proposedmeetingtopic: 23306 proposes (and is a first step towards) getting rid of the prefer-port-8333 policy on the network
271 2021-10-21T19:06:32  *** Guest5960 <Guest5960!~Guest59@2a02:26f7:c894:701a:0:1c1d:fd90:2a7f> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
272 2021-10-21T19:06:41  *** Guest59 <Guest59!~Guest59@2a02:26f7:c894:701a:0:68c3:2133:3dce> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
273 2021-10-21T19:06:45  <laanwj> other proposed meeting topics: tag 0.20.3-final (fanquake) Encouraging people to propose meeting topics for the weekly IRC Core dev meetings (michaelfolkson) Attempting to transition to full RBF over multiple major versions (michaelfolkson)
274 2021-10-21T19:07:25  <laanwj> #topic High priority for review
275 2021-10-21T19:07:33  <fjahr> hi
276 2021-10-21T19:07:41  <michaelfolkson> Mine aren't urgent and can be pushed to another week
277 2021-10-21T19:07:49  *** lsilva_ <lsilva_!sid489830@id-489830.helmsley.irccloud.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
278 2021-10-21T19:07:58  *** Guest5960 <Guest5960!~Guest59@2a02:26f7:c894:701a:0:1c1d:fd90:2a7f> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
279 2021-10-21T19:08:00  *** yanmaani1 <yanmaani1!~yanmaani@gateway/tor-sasl/yanmaani> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
280 2021-10-21T19:08:05  <laanwj> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8 has 10 blockers, 1 chasing concept ACK
281 2021-10-21T19:08:07  *** Guest92 <Guest92!~Guest92@2606:54c0:2880:110::15:25a> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
282 2021-10-21T19:08:30  *** yanmaani1 <yanmaani1!~yanmaani@gateway/tor-sasl/yanmaani> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
283 2021-10-21T19:08:39  <laanwj> anything to add/remove, that is ready for review, or that you'd like to give an update on?
284 2021-10-21T19:09:27  <meshcollider> I'd quite like to have #16807 on there
285 2021-10-21T19:09:29  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16807 | Let validateaddress locate error in Bech32 address by meshcollider · Pull Request #16807 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
286 2021-10-21T19:10:18  <ariard> maybe either #22674 or #23121, i think the former is more ready
287 2021-10-21T19:10:20  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22674 | validation: mempool validation and submission for packages of 1 child + parents by glozow · Pull Request #22674 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
288 2021-10-21T19:10:21  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/23121 | [policy] check ancestor feerate in RBF, remove BIP125 Rule2 by glozow · Pull Request #23121 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
289 2021-10-21T19:10:27  <laanwj> meshcollider: added
290 2021-10-21T19:10:33  <meshcollider> Thanks!
291 2021-10-21T19:11:09  <laanwj> ariard: i don't have an opinion which one, maybe someone else has
292 2021-10-21T19:11:25  <ariard> yeah if glozow is around :)
293 2021-10-21T19:11:40  *** Talkless <Talkless!~Talkless@mail.dargis.net> has quit IRC (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
294 2021-10-21T19:12:03  <cfields> just a quick note: #23114 (minisketch integration, already listed as hi prio) is ~ready, but also requires review of minisketch itself. So... review beg for minisketch itself as well :)
295 2021-10-21T19:12:05  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/23114 | Add minisketch subtree and integrate into build/test by fanquake · Pull Request #23114 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
296 2021-10-21T19:12:17  <sipa> ACK minisketch!
297 2021-10-21T19:12:19  * sipa hdies
298 2021-10-21T19:12:27  <sipa> *hides
299 2021-10-21T19:12:43  <josibake> reading that as sip dies was much more dramatic
300 2021-10-21T19:12:51  *** jarthur <jarthur!~jarthur@2603-8080-1540-002d-9c38-3f2f-b680-9b24.res6.spectrum.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
301 2021-10-21T19:13:18  <michaelfolkson> Definite ACK for Minisketch. You mean on the Core PR cfields?
302 2021-10-21T19:13:52  <sipa> i meant mine as: i'm obviously ack on the minisketch code itself, but i doubt it counts for much
303 2021-10-21T19:14:01  <michaelfolkson> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23114
304 2021-10-21T19:14:06  <cfields> michaelfolkson: I mean the minisketch impl itself also needs review, not just the concept of merging it into core.
305 2021-10-21T19:14:23  <laanwj> ariard: ok, added #22674 as it is more clearly a blocker for further work
306 2021-10-21T19:14:24  <michaelfolkson> So that is reviewing the Minisketch repo rather than a particular PR?
307 2021-10-21T19:14:25  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22674 | validation: mempool validation and submission for packages of 1 child + parents by glozow · Pull Request #22674 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
308 2021-10-21T19:14:53  <michaelfolkson> That's great that the Minisketch build stuff is ~ready
309 2021-10-21T19:15:07  <laanwj> i'll have a look at the minisketch impl
310 2021-10-21T19:15:11  *** Guest92 <Guest92!~Guest92@2606:54c0:2880:110::15:25a> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
311 2021-10-21T19:15:31  <michaelfolkson> Repo: https://github.com/sipa/minisketch
312 2021-10-21T19:16:11  <sipa> FWIW, there have been two review clubs on the minisketch algorithm and code; https://bitcoincore.reviews/minisketch-26-2 and https://bitcoincore.reviews/minisketch
313 2021-10-21T19:16:51  <laanwj> neat
314 2021-10-21T19:17:03  <cfields> sipa: ah, thanks, good to know. I missed those.
315 2021-10-21T19:17:22  <cfields> anyway, didn't mean to turn it into a topic, just a quick note.
316 2021-10-21T19:17:28  <michaelfolkson> And post those reviews of the repo generally on #23114
317 2021-10-21T19:17:30  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/23114 | Add minisketch subtree and integrate into build/test by fanquake · Pull Request #23114 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
318 2021-10-21T19:18:07  <sipa> oh, there were three; https://bitcoincore.reviews/minisketch-26 too
319 2021-10-21T19:18:31  <laanwj> haah
320 2021-10-21T19:18:38  <jonatack> those were really interesting review clubs. i recall testing and reviewing minisketch, will return to it
321 2021-10-21T19:19:06  <laanwj> so it's not exactly that it had a lack of review
322 2021-10-21T19:19:10  *** smartin <smartin!~Icedove@88.135.18.171> has quit IRC (Quit: smartin)
323 2021-10-21T19:19:11  <ariard> yeah i read the paper a while back https://eprint.iacr.org/2003/235.pdf, it was fun
324 2021-10-21T19:20:00  <sipa> regarding testing, there are exhaustive tests for various small fields (smaller than the one we'd use, but most code is shared across)
325 2021-10-21T19:20:11  <cfields> heh, ok, review beg retracted. I was just responding to a few "reviewed the integration but not the impl" on that PR, but apparently review has been happening too :)
326 2021-10-21T19:20:28  <michaelfolkson> cfields: A few months ago :)
327 2021-10-21T19:21:00  <laanwj> cfields: it wasn't entirely clear to me either so it's good to have brought it up imo
328 2021-10-21T19:21:10  <michaelfolkson> +1
329 2021-10-21T19:21:50  <laanwj> #topic Some personal information from myside (jonasschnelli)
330 2021-10-21T19:22:01  <jonasschnelli> As most of you have probably recognized, I was pretty inactive during the last months
331 2021-10-21T19:22:12  <jonasschnelli> Today, I'd like to inform you that I will step down as maintainer and contributor
332 2021-10-21T19:22:20  <sipa> jonasschnelli: sad to see you go
333 2021-10-21T19:22:20  <cfields> :(
334 2021-10-21T19:22:21  <jonasschnelli> I will remove my committer rights immediately
335 2021-10-21T19:22:35  <laanwj> hope you'll be back some day!
336 2021-10-21T19:22:40  <jonasschnelli> The reasons are mostly a shift in interest as well as rising legal risks (it wasn't you :)
337 2021-10-21T19:22:40  <laanwj> but i get it
338 2021-10-21T19:23:08  <jonasschnelli> and who know,... i might come back later down the road.
339 2021-10-21T19:23:09  <cfields> jonasschnelli: hope everything's ok. there will always room for you here :)
340 2021-10-21T19:23:12  <jamesob> Sad to see you go jonasschnelli but enjoy what other things life has to offer
341 2021-10-21T19:23:17  <jamesob> Come back anytime :)
342 2021-10-21T19:23:27  <sipa> and of course, good luck on wherever your path may lead
343 2021-10-21T19:23:34  <jonasschnelli> thanks all.
344 2021-10-21T19:23:35  <jonasschnelli> As for the macOS signing keys, I think either achow or fanquake would be a good fit
345 2021-10-21T19:23:36  <hebasto> come back soon :)
346 2021-10-21T19:23:54  <luke-jr> aren't the signing keys held by a corporate entity?
347 2021-10-21T19:24:03  <laanwj> yes,good luck in whatever else you're going to do
348 2021-10-21T19:24:13  *** rex4539 <rex4539!~rex4539@gateway/tor-sasl/rex4539> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
349 2021-10-21T19:24:21  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: legaly yes,.. but technically someone needs to sign it
350 2021-10-21T19:24:24  <jonasschnelli> I’ll remain the legal „president“ of the „Bitcoin Core Code Signing Association“ in Switzerland (the construct for getting code sign certificates, currently active for macOS but only a backup for the Delaware LLC that holds the win certificate)
351 2021-10-21T19:24:44  <jonasschnelli> Off course, I’ll stick around here and can help where requested.
352 2021-10-21T19:24:59  <jonatack> sad to hear that but understandable...i hope you'll be catching some waves and enjoying life
353 2021-10-21T19:25:19  <cfields> jonasschnelli: also, thanks for being responsible and being willing to revoke your own access. much appreciated.
354 2021-10-21T19:25:30  <laanwj> jonatack: that's good to hear
355 2021-10-21T19:25:31  <jonasschnelli> sure things!
356 2021-10-21T19:25:33  <laanwj> cfields: +1
357 2021-10-21T19:26:03  <sipa> indeed
358 2021-10-21T19:26:26  <jonasschnelli> If someone likes to continue bitcoinbuilds.org, please DM me (server costs are covered)
359 2021-10-21T19:26:34  <meshcollider> Thanks for all your work over the years jonasschnelli! Best of luck for whatever comes next for you :)
360 2021-10-21T19:26:40  <jonasschnelli> thanks meshcollider!
361 2021-10-21T19:26:52  <achow101> sad to see you go, and good luck with whatever else you decide to do
362 2021-10-21T19:27:00  <michaelfolkson> +1
363 2021-10-21T19:27:03  <luke-jr> jonasschnelli: does it need much babysitting?
364 2021-10-21T19:27:22  <jonasschnelli> luke-jr: yes... it need some tweaking (and some love)
365 2021-10-21T19:27:37  <ariard> Yeah thanks for the numerous years of hard work, hope you'll be back
366 2021-10-21T19:27:42  <achow101> in terms of the macOS code signing key, I can take that over if everyone feels that isn't too centralizing
367 2021-10-21T19:27:49  <laanwj> jonasschnelli: re if no one else does it i'm ok with doing it
368 2021-10-21T19:27:56  <achow101> I can also get one issued to the Delaware LLC
369 2021-10-21T19:27:56  <laanwj> +bitcoinbuilds
370 2021-10-21T19:28:07  <luke-jr> achow101: we shouldn't be putting trust in these keys either way *shrug*
371 2021-10-21T19:28:08  <josibake> echoing everyone else, thank your for your contributions and best of luck in whatever you do next
372 2021-10-21T19:28:12  <luke-jr> laanwj: thanks
373 2021-10-21T19:28:22  <josibake> thank you*
374 2021-10-21T19:28:32  <jonasschnelli> laanwj: great to hear. It's quite a mess and someone really loving shell scipts and virtualization should tackle it
375 2021-10-21T19:28:44  <fjahr> jonasschnelli: thank you also from me for all the things already mentioned!
376 2021-10-21T19:30:13  <laanwj> #topic Getting rid of the prefer-port-8333 policy (sipa)
377 2021-10-21T19:30:51  <sipa> just a very short topic
378 2021-10-21T19:30:53  <laanwj> [#23306 proposes (and is a first step towards) getting rid of the prefer-port-8333 policy on the network]
379 2021-10-21T19:30:54  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/23306 | Make AddrMan support multiple ports per IP by sipa · Pull Request #23306 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
380 2021-10-21T19:31:13  <sipa> it's all in the PR, i just wanted to make sure people saw
381 2021-10-21T19:31:15  *** rex4539 <rex4539!~rex4539@gateway/tor-sasl/rex4539> has quit IRC ()
382 2021-10-21T19:31:28  <laanwj> will check it out!
383 2021-10-21T19:31:34  <sipa> as it's a potentially far-reaching policy change (the PR doesn't actually change the policy, but it's a preparation for it)
384 2021-10-21T19:31:34  <jonatack> +1
385 2021-10-21T19:32:20  <sipa> unless someone has questions/comments, that's it for my topic
386 2021-10-21T19:32:23  <laanwj> concept ack anyhow
387 2021-10-21T19:33:11  <michaelfolkson> I would guess there are some lazy habits where 8333 is etched into people's minds.
388 2021-10-21T19:33:30  <michaelfolkson> But not a strong rationale for not changing that
389 2021-10-21T19:33:47  <laanwj> i'll skip fanquake's topic as i think he meant 0.20.2, and that already happened Oct 18
390 2021-10-21T19:34:13  <fanquake> yes I’ve made that tag already
391 2021-10-21T19:34:32  <fanquake> we’ve had a few signed builders for 0.20.2 as well
392 2021-10-21T19:34:51  <laanwj> i also built it but not uploaded sigs yet, will do
393 2021-10-21T19:35:40  <laanwj> #topic Encouraging people to propose meeting topics for the weekly IRC Core dev meetings (michaelfolkson)
394 2021-10-21T19:35:53  <fanquake> jonasschnelli: ! Hope you are doing ok, and maybe back to Core dev some day.
395 2021-10-21T19:36:36  <josibake> are there any existing guidelines for what a "good" topic is?
396 2021-10-21T19:36:38  <michaelfolkson> Ok very short one. Just to encourage people to propose meeting topics for this meeting. The number of topics have been pretty sparse in recent weeks/months and it is much better to have too many than next to none
397 2021-10-21T19:36:56  <michaelfolkson> We can always push non-urgent to future weeks
398 2021-10-21T19:37:15  <michaelfolkson> josibake: No but that sounds like a good idea
399 2021-10-21T19:37:40  <michaelfolkson> It can be a PR though or a mini Core project though (imo)
400 2021-10-21T19:37:55  <michaelfolkson> There is the Core PR review club too of course
401 2021-10-21T19:38:00  <laanwj> josibake: dunno, you know you can always just ask in the channel
402 2021-10-21T19:38:23  <michaelfolkson> And we are doing an online livestreamed session on AssumeUTXO
403 2021-10-21T19:38:42  <laanwj> if it's relevant to current development in the repository and there's people willing to talk about it it's a good topic, that's pretty wide
404 2021-10-21T19:38:52  <sipa> i like having short meetings tbh
405 2021-10-21T19:39:06  <michaelfolkson> You can leave early though sipa :)
406 2021-10-21T19:39:18  <sipa> i mean: we don't need to fill meetings because meetings should be filled
407 2021-10-21T19:39:18  *** Kaizen_Kintsugi <Kaizen_Kintsugi!~Kaizen_Ki@node-1w7jr9yi65te55mxt1kkm1n0k.ipv6.telus.net> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
408 2021-10-21T19:39:27  <michaelfolkson> The P2P ones have effectively been cancelled
409 2021-10-21T19:39:28  <sipa> sure, if there is a topic, let's discuss it
410 2021-10-21T19:39:30  <josibake> laanwj: thanks
411 2021-10-21T19:39:41  <ariard> michaelfolkson: some people are attending multiple meetings, lightning, etc, short meetings are good :)
412 2021-10-21T19:39:56  <michaelfolkson> I guess but people can leave if they aren't interested in the topic
413 2021-10-21T19:40:09  <laanwj> i like short meetings but also, it's good if the time available is used in a productive way
414 2021-10-21T19:40:42  <laanwj> if it ends with "high priority for review" every time it's also a bit demotivating
415 2021-10-21T19:40:49  <jamesob> yeah, agree
416 2021-10-21T19:40:54  <michaelfolkson> Just a thought that there are avenues for getting more review on your PR if you are frustrated (which imo includes this meeting)
417 2021-10-21T19:40:55  *** jarthur_ <jarthur_!~jarthur@2603-8080-1540-002d-2cdd-ee6c-360d-1986.res6.spectrum.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
418 2021-10-21T19:41:06  <jamesob> I'm going to go on a tirade about nits at some point, so I'll queue that up for a future meeting :)
419 2021-10-21T19:41:15  <laanwj> hehh
420 2021-10-21T19:41:18  <michaelfolkson> PR review nits?
421 2021-10-21T19:41:21  <jamesob> yes
422 2021-10-21T19:41:29  <michaelfolkson> The TL;DR?
423 2021-10-21T19:41:41  <laanwj> i mean some things you acn also bring up outside meeting, not everything needs to be in the meeting
424 2021-10-21T19:41:47  *** Kaizen_Kintsugi <Kaizen_Kintsugi!~Kaizen_Ki@d137-186-173-66.abhsia.telus.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
425 2021-10-21T19:41:47  *** jarthur <jarthur!~jarthur@2603-8080-1540-002d-9c38-3f2f-b680-9b24.res6.spectrum.com> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
426 2021-10-21T19:41:50  <laanwj> just depends
427 2021-10-21T19:41:59  <jamesob> ugh I don't know. They can just be really demotivating and distracting, but I need to collect my thoughts and figure out if I have any actually-actionable things to say
428 2021-10-21T19:42:07  <michaelfolkson> Ok
429 2021-10-21T19:42:07  <laanwj> any cast this gets veeeery meta
430 2021-10-21T19:42:09  <jamesob> it was 40% a joke
431 2021-10-21T19:42:27  <michaelfolkson> Haha ok next topic (as we've got ariard here and he doesn't like meetings)
432 2021-10-21T19:42:44  <michaelfolkson> Let's cover the full RBF topic
433 2021-10-21T19:42:56  <laanwj> #topic Attempting to transition to full RBF over multiple major versions (michaelfolkson)
434 2021-10-21T19:43:17  <laanwj> jamesob: 40% joke is the best approach to things
435 2021-10-21T19:43:21  <jamesob> lol
436 2021-10-21T19:43:24  <ariard> ahah
437 2021-10-21T19:43:48  <michaelfolkson> Ok I'm happy to pass this over to ariard but he previously posted this to the mailing list https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2021-June/019074.html
438 2021-10-21T19:44:07  <luke-jr> how about just stop trying to dictate to users what policies they can or can't use? <.<
439 2021-10-21T19:44:16  <jonatack> jamesob: (i see nits ideally as suggested lightly, and up to the author and that's, that really)
440 2021-10-21T19:44:41  <michaelfolkson> luke-jr: Core has to pick a default
441 2021-10-21T19:44:50  <laanwj> luke-jr: i understood that's the idea with full RBF, it drops a fair amount of policy restrictions
442 2021-10-21T19:44:50  <ariard> luke-jr: if you mean simplifying our policy, this proposal is going in that sense ? but ultimately we *do* have to pickup defaults and they're free of implications
443 2021-10-21T19:44:53  <luke-jr> michaelfolkson: not really; and right now, Core is forcing its "default" on users
444 2021-10-21T19:44:59  <sipa> my view is generally: come up with an actual workable and worked-out policy, and propose it - beyond that it seems like a ML discussion primarily
445 2021-10-21T19:45:48  <laanwj> you can't really get rid of policy entirely because we need it for anti-DoS etc
446 2021-10-21T19:46:00  <sipa> at a very high level, i'm concept ack - i think it's inevitable long term that the network will tend to more rational policies, and full RBF is a step towards that
447 2021-10-21T19:46:04  <luke-jr> Knots has configurable RBF, and I'm happy to re-open the Core PR if people are willing to accept/review it
448 2021-10-21T19:46:05  <michaelfolkson> sipa: It has been proposed by ariard. And I think he's right to attempt a roadmap for changing it
449 2021-10-21T19:46:07  <sipa> but it all depends on the details
450 2021-10-21T19:46:11  <ariard> michaelfolkson: do you have a link towards achow101 BerkeleyDB deprecation plan you were mentioning offline last week ?
451 2021-10-21T19:46:16  <sipa> michaelfolkson: i don't see a concrete policy, but i may have missed it
452 2021-10-21T19:46:28  <sipa> "full RBF" isn't a policy, it's an aspiration :)
453 2021-10-21T19:46:31  *** gene <gene!~gene@gateway/tor-sasl/gene> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
454 2021-10-21T19:46:46  <achow101> ariard: #20160
455 2021-10-21T19:46:47  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20160 | Proposed Timeline for Legacy Wallet and BDB removal · Issue #20160 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
456 2021-10-21T19:46:57  <michaelfolkson> Right ^
457 2021-10-21T19:47:39  <michaelfolkson> I think a similar roadmap could be attempted for full RBF by default (though I hadn't considered configurable option)
458 2021-10-21T19:47:39  <ariard> achow101: thanks, i'll look at it and see how to adapt for full-rbf, i'll open a PR soon with config knob full-rbf=false
459 2021-10-21T19:47:48  <luke-jr> https://github.com/luke-jr/bitcoin/tree/fullrbf
460 2021-10-21T19:47:51  <laanwj> ariard: +1
461 2021-10-21T19:47:55  <michaelfolkson> There still has to be a default even with configurable option
462 2021-10-21T19:47:58  <luke-jr> ariard: ^
463 2021-10-21T19:48:15  <luke-jr> ariard: the code already exists, just a matter of people accepting/reviewing it for Core
464 2021-10-21T19:48:22  <sipa> i have some thoughts, but i'll respond on the ML
465 2021-10-21T19:48:30  <ariard> luke-jr: for now, i'll only to propose a config knob with full-rbf=false, i don't think you can configure that for now ?
466 2021-10-21T19:48:48  <michaelfolkson> There will be some business opposition but if we think long term this is the right thing to do we should attempt to change it over multiple versions giving people plenty of advance warning
467 2021-10-21T19:48:50  <luke-jr> ariard: yes, that's one of the 3 configurations in that branch/Knots
468 2021-10-21T19:49:02  <laanwj> having a config know for it in core at all is a start
469 2021-10-21T19:49:13  <laanwj> changing the default is much further away
470 2021-10-21T19:49:25  <laanwj> and probably much more controversial
471 2021-10-21T19:49:38  <luke-jr> mempoolreplacement=none / fee,optin / fee,-optin
472 2021-10-21T19:49:46  <josibake> laanwj:+1 just adding it as a config option shouldn't be controversial, right?
473 2021-10-21T19:49:54  <ariard> yes i'm still worried about the Dos against multi-party funding transactions but we have years ahead before i think it starts to be a real issue
474 2021-10-21T19:49:54  <luke-jr> josibake: it was last time I tried
475 2021-10-21T19:49:59  <laanwj> josibake: not to me at least, given how many people want this
476 2021-10-21T19:50:12  <michaelfolkson> Right, there will be some opposition. I have tried speaking to some Lightning businesses to understand their use of Lightning zero conf channels
477 2021-10-21T19:50:20  <laanwj> luke-jr: when was that? 2015?
478 2021-10-21T19:50:28  <luke-jr> laanwj: probably
479 2021-10-21T19:50:34  <ariard> luke-jr: ah okay for the branch, gonna look
480 2021-10-21T19:50:50  <michaelfolkson> Maybe last words but I think that was wrapped up in the block size drama. I am hoping a long(ish) term plan this time around will be less controversial
481 2021-10-21T19:51:32  <michaelfolkson> But we'll see. I think we should attempt this long term (over multiple major versions) transition to full RBF
482 2021-10-21T19:51:40  <laanwj> luke-jr: it does seem attitudes changed a bit since then
483 2021-10-21T19:51:41  <michaelfolkson> It may fail
484 2021-10-21T19:51:41  <luke-jr> ariard: just pushed the latest rebase (Oct 8th)
485 2021-10-21T19:51:47  <luke-jr> laanwj: great
486 2021-10-21T19:51:49  <ariard> michaelfolkson: though i've been reached out privately by a exchange operator disagreeing with full-rbf after posting on the ML
487 2021-10-21T19:52:11  <cfields> ariard: suggest they respond publicly :)
488 2021-10-21T19:52:24  <sipa> +1
489 2021-10-21T19:52:29  <michaelfolkson> Right, I think the discussion should be out in the open
490 2021-10-21T19:52:47  <michaelfolkson> If people really don't want it then the attempt may fail
491 2021-10-21T19:53:00  <ariard> cfields: yeah will ping them back once PR is open!
492 2021-10-21T19:53:02  <michaelfolkson> Or at least summarize their arguments ariard
493 2021-10-21T19:53:14  <cfields> ariard: great, thanks!
494 2021-10-21T19:53:14  <michaelfolkson> We don't need to know who it is if they want to stay anonymous
495 2021-10-21T19:53:23  <luke-jr> michaelfolkson: eh? it's not a consensus change
496 2021-10-21T19:53:46  <luke-jr> anyone can run full RBF today if they want to. or block RBF entirely if they prefer that.
497 2021-10-21T19:54:10  <michaelfolkson> luke-jr: Right but we should still consult? If people really don't want it?
498 2021-10-21T19:54:19  <michaelfolkson> At least collect those arguments
499 2021-10-21T19:54:22  <luke-jr> michaelfolkson: if people don't want it, they can just not enable it..
500 2021-10-21T19:54:30  <laanwj> right, but it's good to give people time to adapt to it at least before changing the default
501 2021-10-21T19:54:32  <sipa> luke-jr: i don't think that's a useful response
502 2021-10-21T19:54:45  <sipa> luke-jr: in their mind - for good or bad reasons - the problem is others enabling it
503 2021-10-21T19:54:48  <sipa> (presumably)
504 2021-10-21T19:54:56  <luke-jr> sipa: but they have no say over what other people do
505 2021-10-21T19:55:04  <michaelfolkson> I think generally if we expect opposition/controversy it is good to reach out
506 2021-10-21T19:55:16  <michaelfolkson> Even if it isn't consensus change
507 2021-10-21T19:55:20  <laanwj> no, they don't, but a default change would not be something done lightly
508 2021-10-21T19:55:23  <sipa> luke-jr: which is much easier to address publicly :)
509 2021-10-21T19:55:59  <luke-jr> laanwj: perhaps, but that's down the road past just an option ;)
510 2021-10-21T19:56:07  <laanwj> clearly for your own nodes you can run with whatever policy you want
511 2021-10-21T19:56:16  <michaelfolkson> Also whether we like it or not we are going to have to consider policy more seriously because of Lightning and higher levels
512 2021-10-21T19:56:21  <laanwj> and i definitely expect miners to start acting rationally in this regard
513 2021-10-21T19:56:22  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
514 2021-10-21T19:56:22  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #23334: fuzz: Descriptor wallet (master...2110-fuzzWall) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23334
515 2021-10-21T19:56:23  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
516 2021-10-21T19:56:41  <luke-jr> michaelfolkson: anything that depends on policy for security, is broken by design
517 2021-10-21T19:56:43  <sipa> laanwj: yeah, it may take a few halvings, though
518 2021-10-21T19:57:08  <laanwj> i mean, it's not something you can just post a rant against on the mailing list then ignore
519 2021-10-21T19:57:19  <michaelfolkson> luke-jr: It isn't optimal sure. But I still think having Lightning ecosystem is better than ignoring it
520 2021-10-21T19:57:30  <luke-jr> michaelfolkson: Lightning shouldn't depend on policy
521 2021-10-21T19:57:34  <michaelfolkson> But anyway, let's move it to GitHub issue an mailing list
522 2021-10-21T19:57:41  <michaelfolkson> luke-jr: But it does!
523 2021-10-21T19:57:49  <luke-jr> last I heard, quite a few nodes and miners already use full RBF for years
524 2021-10-21T19:58:03  <luke-jr> michaelfolkson: they should fix it then, regardless of this discussion
525 2021-10-21T19:58:04  <michaelfolkson> It is suboptimal but the best we can do currently for Lightning design
526 2021-10-21T19:58:05  <sipa> i feel like this is a bit like the Linux mantra "don't break userspace"; userspace may be depending on un-guaranteed behavior for dumb/bad reasons, but that doesn't mean you can just go and break it
527 2021-10-21T19:58:06  <ariard> luke-jr: can you make the expectation that the most economically-rational policy is going to be run in majority over the p2p network ?
528 2021-10-21T19:58:37  <luke-jr> ariard: no
529 2021-10-21T19:58:40  <laanwj> i'd prefer to leave it at adding an option for now as well
530 2021-10-21T19:58:45  <laanwj> 1 minute to go
531 2021-10-21T19:58:49  <michaelfolkson> Ok we should wrap up. Want to respect people's time
532 2021-10-21T19:58:58  <michaelfolkson> Thanks
533 2021-10-21T19:58:59  <laanwj> michaelfolkson: please leave time management to me
534 2021-10-21T19:59:06  <michaelfolkson> Sorry :)
535 2021-10-21T19:59:34  <laanwj> but you're right anyhow
536 2021-10-21T19:59:49  <laanwj> #endmeeting
537 2021-10-21T20:00:40  *** Kaizen_Kintsugi <Kaizen_Kintsugi!~Kaizen_Ki@d137-186-173-66.abhsia.telus.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
538 2021-10-21T20:00:54  <jonasschnelli> (and yes, happy to shared the tweaked code of the meeting irc bot)
539 2021-10-21T20:01:14  <luke-jr> ariard: anyone can start mining (in theory), so to expect *some* miners to have such a policy may be reasonable
540 2021-10-21T20:01:21  <laanwj> jonasschnelli: you run the meetings irc bot?
541 2021-10-21T20:01:24  <jonasschnelli> fanquake: Thanks. All good here. No drama or so. Just time to move on.
542 2021-10-21T20:01:31  <jonasschnelli> laanwj: yes. But looks like its down
543 2021-10-21T20:01:45  <ariard> (btw if you have coredev travel reimbursements applications to submit, please send then on my mail antoine.riard@gmail.com)
544 2021-10-21T20:02:07  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
545 2021-10-21T20:02:07  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/179ce098333b...12ff8993bcc7
546 2021-10-21T20:02:07  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa6c62f MarcoFalke: test: Replace log with assert_equal in wallet_abandonconflict
547 2021-10-21T20:02:07  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 12ff899 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#23331: test: Replace log with assert_equal in wallet...
548 2021-10-21T20:02:08  *** core-meetingbot <core-meetingbot!~meetingbo@2a01:4f9:2a:2510::2> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
549 2021-10-21T20:02:09  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
550 2021-10-21T20:02:24  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
551 2021-10-21T20:02:24  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #23331: test: Replace log with assert_equal in wallet_abandonconflict (master...2110-testAssert) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23331
552 2021-10-21T20:02:25  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
553 2021-10-21T20:02:58  <cfields> sipa: sorry if I implied that minisketch was desperate for review btw. clearly just a case of me being out of the loop for a while.
554 2021-10-21T20:03:02  <jonasschnelli> laanwj: it's a modified version of supybot.plugins.MeetBot from debian I think
555 2021-10-21T20:04:44  <ariard> luke-jr: i got a point that users might be willingly to adopt a more privacy-preserving policy, and it might at odd with an economically-rational one (though hopefully not!)
556 2021-10-21T20:05:25  <ariard> it has been discussed multiple times on the Lightning side to have LN nodes connecting directly to few miners, but i'm still meeeeh on the censorship-resistance of that
557 2021-10-21T20:06:36  <laanwj> cfields: it can always use more review :)
558 2021-10-21T20:07:45  <luke-jr> ariard: btw, should I open the fullrbf branch as a PR?
559 2021-10-21T20:08:47  <laanwj> jonasschnelli: thanks; i know very little about existing IRC bot projects tbh, but it was kind of useful, and we should probably keep it going
560 2021-10-21T20:09:01  <fanquake> Also, in regard to the macOS signing keys, fwiw I also currently have access to the Apple developer account that is associated with those keys
561 2021-10-21T20:09:14  <luke-jr> (bleh, looks like it needs another rebase)
562 2021-10-21T20:09:56  <jonasschnelli> fanquake: great. I think you should keep that. You can't download the private key from there (but create a new one AFAIK).
563 2021-10-21T20:10:33  <jonasschnelli> happy to hand over the key to either you or achow101 (depending on how you all think how we should do it)
564 2021-10-21T20:11:11  <achow101> it's a shared developer account?
565 2021-10-21T20:11:22  <jonasschnelli> it can have multiple accounts/roles
566 2021-10-21T20:14:37  <glozow> oh no i missed the meeting 😅 thanks ariard laanwj, #22674 is my top priority as well
567 2021-10-21T20:14:39  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22674 | validation: mempool validation and submission for packages of 1 child + parents by glozow · Pull Request #22674 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
568 2021-10-21T20:16:10  <sipa> cfields: no worries
569 2021-10-21T20:16:57  <achow101> it'd definitely be easier if we had just one code signer
570 2021-10-21T20:19:45  <ariard> luke-jr: i have time for doing it in the coming weeks, wanna observed first the deprecation plan from #20160 and explain at best the impact of opt-in RBF on upper layers
571 2021-10-21T20:19:45  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20160 | Proposed Timeline for Legacy Wallet and BDB removal · Issue #20160 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
572 2021-10-21T20:19:47  <laanwj> glozow: thanks, glad we picked the right one :)
573 2021-10-21T20:20:03  <glozow> :)
574 2021-10-21T20:20:55  <sipa> i don't really see why deprecation of BDB has to do with a network policy change
575 2021-10-21T20:21:09  * luke-jr either ☺
576 2021-10-21T20:21:24  <achow101> I think it's just for the roadmap format
577 2021-10-21T20:21:46  <cfields> heh, I was also wondering what I was missing.
578 2021-10-21T20:22:02  *** Kaizen_Kintsugi <Kaizen_Kintsugi!~Kaizen_Ki@node-1w7jr9yi65te4d87wto2h7yqi.ipv6.telus.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
579 2021-10-21T20:26:23  <laanwj> just the idea of a very long term roadmap i guess
580 2021-10-21T20:27:49  <ariard> sipa: afaik we don't have that much guidelines to propose potentially-impactful network policy change, though see that conv https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2021-September/019400.html on sequence lock upgrades defect where it was raised what it could looks like
581 2021-10-21T20:51:05  *** Guest54 <Guest54!~Guest54@2001:ee0:4770:25c0:19d6:838c:eed0:7ef8> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
582 2021-10-21T20:51:20  *** Guest54 <Guest54!~Guest54@2001:ee0:4770:25c0:19d6:838c:eed0:7ef8> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
583 2021-10-21T20:54:25  *** Guest9057 <Guest9057!~Guest90@200.9.18.169> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
584 2021-10-21T20:57:17  *** ghost43 <ghost43!~ghost43@gateway/tor-sasl/ghost43> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
585 2021-10-21T20:58:16  *** ghost43 <ghost43!~ghost43@gateway/tor-sasl/ghost43> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
586 2021-10-21T21:28:06  *** gene <gene!~gene@gateway/tor-sasl/gene> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
587 2021-10-21T21:29:34  *** gene <gene!~gene@gateway/tor-sasl/gene> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
588 2021-10-21T21:30:29  *** Kaizen_Kintsugi <Kaizen_Kintsugi!~Kaizen_Ki@node-1w7jr9yi65te4d87wto2h7yqi.ipv6.telus.net> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
589 2021-10-21T21:33:35  *** Kaizen_Kintsugi <Kaizen_Kintsugi!~Kaizen_Ki@node-1w7jr9yi65te4d87wto2h7yqi.ipv6.telus.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
590 2021-10-21T21:38:07  *** Kaizen_Kintsugi <Kaizen_Kintsugi!~Kaizen_Ki@node-1w7jr9yi65te4d87wto2h7yqi.ipv6.telus.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
591 2021-10-21T21:45:05  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6180:500::12b> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
592 2021-10-21T21:49:59  *** Kaizen_Kintsugi <Kaizen_Kintsugi!~Kaizen_Ki@node-1w7jr9yi65te4d87wto2h7yqi.ipv6.telus.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
593 2021-10-21T21:51:18  *** Guest39 <Guest39!~Guest39@31.223.84.153> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
594 2021-10-21T21:51:29  <Guest39> hello friends
595 2021-10-21T21:55:21  *** Kaizen_Kintsugi <Kaizen_Kintsugi!~Kaizen_Ki@node-1w7jr9yi65te4d87wto2h7yqi.ipv6.telus.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
596 2021-10-21T21:55:25  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6180:500::12b> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
597 2021-10-21T21:57:29  <Guest39> is satoshi nakamoto alive
598 2021-10-21T21:57:46  <Guest39> i want to know this
599 2021-10-21T22:01:33  *** Guest39 <Guest39!~Guest39@31.223.84.153> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
600 2021-10-21T22:03:15  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@user/luke-jr> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC - http://znc.sourceforge.net)
601 2021-10-21T22:05:19  *** luke-jr <luke-jr!~luke-jr@user/luke-jr> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
602 2021-10-21T22:09:44  *** Kaizen_Kintsugi <Kaizen_Kintsugi!~Kaizen_Ki@node-1w7jr9yi65te4d87wto2h7yqi.ipv6.telus.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
603 2021-10-21T22:38:41  *** Kaizen_Kintsugi <Kaizen_Kintsugi!~Kaizen_Ki@node-1w7jr9yi65te4d87wto2h7yqi.ipv6.telus.net> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
604 2021-10-21T22:38:53  *** Kaizen_Kintsugi <Kaizen_Kintsugi!~Kaizen_Ki@node-1w7jr9yi65te4d87wto2h7yqi.ipv6.telus.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
605 2021-10-21T22:39:12  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
606 2021-10-21T22:39:12  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] joankaradimov opened pull request #23335: Include a missing header (master...include-missing-header) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23335
607 2021-10-21T22:39:13  *** bitcoin-git <bitcoin-git!~bitcoin-g@x0f.org> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
608 2021-10-21T22:39:20  *** sipsorcery <sipsorcery!~sipsorcer@2a02:8084:6180:500::12b> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
609 2021-10-21T22:48:44  *** jesseposner_ <jesseposner_!~jesse@c-24-5-105-39.hsd1.ca.comcast.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
610 2021-10-21T22:50:06  *** jesseposner <jesseposner!~jesse@c-24-5-105-39.hsd1.ca.comcast.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
611 2021-10-21T23:26:54  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@71pc74.sshunet.nl> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving...)
612 2021-10-21T23:41:43  *** Kaizen_Kintsugi <Kaizen_Kintsugi!~Kaizen_Ki@node-1w7jr9yi65te4d87wto2h7yqi.ipv6.telus.net> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
613 2021-10-21T23:50:14  *** jamesob <jamesob!uid180710@id-180710.helmsley.irccloud.com> has quit IRC (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
614 2021-10-21T23:57:59  *** Kaizen_Kintsugi <Kaizen_Kintsugi!~Kaizen_Ki@node-1w7jr9yi65te4021dky9o7qud.ipv6.telus.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev