12024-01-11T00:12:27  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@user/AaronvanW> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving...)
  22024-01-11T00:26:03  *** abubakarsadiq <abubakarsadiq!uid602234@id-602234.hampstead.irccloud.com> has quit IRC (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
  32024-01-11T00:55:25  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
  42024-01-11T00:57:05  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  52024-01-11T01:00:40  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  62024-01-11T01:01:43  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
  72024-01-11T01:08:52  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
  82024-01-11T01:18:57  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  92024-01-11T01:21:46  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 102024-01-11T01:30:01  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 255 seconds)
 112024-01-11T01:38:23  *** pablomartin4btc <pablomartin4btc!~pablomart@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
 122024-01-11T01:43:59  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 132024-01-11T01:48:55  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
 142024-01-11T02:04:10  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 152024-01-11T02:09:09  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
 162024-01-11T03:07:10  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 172024-01-11T03:08:47  *** PaperSword <PaperSword!~Thunderbi@securemail.qrsnap.io> has quit IRC (Quit: PaperSword)
 182024-01-11T03:12:21  *** PaperSword <PaperSword!~Thunderbi@securemail.qrsnap.io> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 192024-01-11T03:13:07  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
 202024-01-11T03:14:19  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 212024-01-11T03:20:12  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
 222024-01-11T03:20:46  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 232024-01-11T03:25:03  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
 242024-01-11T03:32:36  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 252024-01-11T03:52:50  *** puchka <puchka!~puchka@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 262024-01-11T04:10:09  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
 272024-01-11T04:25:40  *** zato <zato!~zato@user/zato> has quit IRC (Quit: Om mani padme hum)
 282024-01-11T04:54:50  *** grndslm <grndslm!~grndslm@99-144-164-205.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 292024-01-11T04:55:07  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 302024-01-11T04:55:13  *** grndslm <grndslm!~grndslm@99-144-164-205.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 312024-01-11T05:01:01  *** cmirror <cmirror!~cmirror@> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 322024-01-11T05:01:32  *** cmirror <cmirror!~cmirror@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 332024-01-11T05:04:47  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
 342024-01-11T05:06:00  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 352024-01-11T05:09:27  *** angusp <angusp!9e8eed9774@2604:bf00:561:2000::1048> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
 362024-01-11T05:10:07  *** utzig <utzig!d5d7f726e3@2604:bf00:561:2000::71> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
 372024-01-11T05:10:47  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
 382024-01-11T05:22:50  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 392024-01-11T05:27:38  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
 402024-01-11T05:43:17  *** freesprung512 <freesprung512!~freesprun@user/freesprung> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
 412024-01-11T05:46:30  *** freesprung512 <freesprung512!~freesprun@user/freesprung> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 422024-01-11T05:49:53  *** vysn <vysn!~vysn@user/vysn> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 432024-01-11T05:50:14  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 442024-01-11T05:59:18  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
 452024-01-11T06:22:32  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 462024-01-11T06:27:38  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
 472024-01-11T06:28:11  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 482024-01-11T06:33:09  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
 492024-01-11T06:33:43  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 502024-01-11T06:43:58  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
 512024-01-11T06:49:24  *** test__ <test__!flooded@gateway/vpn/protonvpn/flood/x-43489060> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 522024-01-11T06:53:16  *** flooded <flooded!flooded@gateway/vpn/protonvpn/flood/x-43489060> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
 532024-01-11T07:09:59  *** jarthur <jarthur!~jarthur@user/jarthur> has quit IRC (Quit: jarthur)
 542024-01-11T07:34:51  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 552024-01-11T07:39:42  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
 562024-01-11T07:52:07  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 572024-01-11T07:57:01  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 255 seconds)
 582024-01-11T07:57:19  *** abubakarsadiq <abubakarsadiq!uid602234@id-602234.hampstead.irccloud.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 592024-01-11T07:58:17  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 602024-01-11T08:08:13  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
 612024-01-11T08:26:16  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 622024-01-11T08:35:59  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
 632024-01-11T08:38:12  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@user/AaronvanW> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 642024-01-11T08:59:18  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 652024-01-11T09:05:34  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
 662024-01-11T09:05:47  *** Guyver2 <Guyver2!~Guyver@77-174-98-73.fixed.kpn.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 672024-01-11T09:15:17  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 682024-01-11T09:19:41  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
 692024-01-11T09:20:59  *** flooded <flooded!flooded@gateway/vpn/protonvpn/flood/x-43489060> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 702024-01-11T09:21:28  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] BrandonOdiwuor opened pull request #29223: wallet: Refactor DumpWallet function to accept -dumpfile path argument (master...dumpwallet-refactor) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29223
 712024-01-11T09:22:55  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 722024-01-11T09:25:01  *** test__ <test__!flooded@gateway/vpn/protonvpn/flood/x-43489060> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
 732024-01-11T09:33:25  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
 742024-01-11T09:44:56  *** Chris_Stewart_5 <Chris_Stewart_5!~Chris_Ste@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
 752024-01-11T09:46:03  *** Chris_Stewart_5 <Chris_Stewart_5!~Chris_Ste@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 762024-01-11T09:47:19  *** bob_x2 <bob_x2!~bob_x@user/bob-x1/x-8934932> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
 772024-01-11T09:49:17  *** bob_x2 <bob_x2!~bob_x@user/bob-x1/x-8934932> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 782024-01-11T09:54:58  *** thodg <thodg!~thodg@2a01:e0a:26a:3152:ded6:107e:e927:4320> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
 792024-01-11T09:56:07  *** thodg <thodg!~thodg@2a01:e0a:26a:3152:664:20aa:2926:add5> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 802024-01-11T09:56:24  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 812024-01-11T10:03:32  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/fcacbab4878e...522b8370d92a
 822024-01-11T10:03:32  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4fdd836 Mark Friedenbach: Use hardened runtime on macOS release builds.
 832024-01-11T10:03:33  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 522b837 fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#29127: Use hardened runtime on macOS release builds.
 842024-01-11T10:03:43  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #29127: Use hardened runtime on macOS release builds. (master...hardened-macos-runtime) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29127
 852024-01-11T10:06:17  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
 862024-01-11T10:07:17  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 872024-01-11T10:12:07  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
 882024-01-11T10:18:49  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 892024-01-11T10:23:51  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
 902024-01-11T10:27:59  *** Guest6 <Guest6!~Guest6@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 912024-01-11T10:40:05  *** Guest6 <Guest6!~Guest6@> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
 922024-01-11T10:54:35  *** puchka <puchka!~puchka@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
 932024-01-11T10:56:08  *** puchka <puchka!~puchka@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 942024-01-11T10:58:03  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 952024-01-11T11:05:16  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
 962024-01-11T11:15:21  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #29225: ci: move CMake into base packages (master...add_cmake_base_packages) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29225
 972024-01-11T11:29:20  *** Guest98 <Guest98!~Guest98@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 982024-01-11T11:30:06  *** Guest98 <Guest98!~Guest98@> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
 992024-01-11T11:30:30  *** abdul2004 <abdul2004!~abdul2004@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1002024-01-11T11:36:32  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] dergoegge opened pull request #29226: Revert "build: Fix regression in "ARMv8 CRC32 intrinsics" test" (master...2024-01-revert-228d6a29) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29226
1012024-01-11T11:41:29  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1022024-01-11T11:46:37  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
1032024-01-11T11:49:31  *** JozefH <JozefH!~JozefH@ip-89-176-231-149.bb.vodafone.cz> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1042024-01-11T11:50:41  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] glozow opened pull request #29227: log mempool loading progress (master...2024-01-mempool-load-logs) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29227
1052024-01-11T11:52:09  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/522b8370d92a...4ae5171d42bd
1062024-01-11T11:52:09  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 154fcce dergoegge: [fuzz] Improve fuzzing stability for ellswift_roundtrip harness
1072024-01-11T11:52:10  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4ae5171 fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#29219: fuzz: Improve fuzzing stability for ellswift_...
1082024-01-11T11:52:15  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #29219: fuzz: Improve fuzzing stability for ellswift_roundtrip harness (master...2024-01-fuzz-stability-ellswift_roundtrip) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29219
1092024-01-11T11:52:35  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1102024-01-11T12:02:05  *** abdul2004 <abdul2004!~abdul2004@> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
1112024-01-11T12:09:37  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
1122024-01-11T12:10:11  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1132024-01-11T12:13:08  *** JozefH <JozefH!~JozefH@ip-89-176-231-149.bb.vodafone.cz> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
1142024-01-11T12:13:41  *** JozefH <JozefH!~JozefH@ip-89-176-231-149.bb.vodafone.cz> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1152024-01-11T12:14:51  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
1162024-01-11T12:52:50  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1172024-01-11T12:57:35  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
1182024-01-11T12:57:57  *** JesterHodl <JesterHodl!~JesterHod@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1192024-01-11T13:07:33  *** Leo11 <Leo11!~Leo@2a09:bac3:3322:150f::219:b5> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1202024-01-11T13:07:44  *** instagibbs8 <instagibbs8!~instagibb@pool-100-15-116-202.washdc.fios.verizon.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1212024-01-11T13:08:14  *** instagibbs <instagibbs!~instagibb@pool-100-15-116-202.washdc.fios.verizon.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
1222024-01-11T13:08:14  *** instagibbs8 is now known as instagibbs
1232024-01-11T13:09:02  *** Leo11 <Leo11!~Leo@2a09:bac3:3322:150f::219:b5> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
1242024-01-11T13:09:20  *** Leo57 <Leo57!~Leo@2a09:bac3:3322:150f::219:b5> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1252024-01-11T13:09:31  *** Guest55 <Guest55!~Guest55@125.red-79-159-75.dynamicip.rima-tde.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1262024-01-11T13:10:13  *** Guest55 <Guest55!~Guest55@125.red-79-159-75.dynamicip.rima-tde.net> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
1272024-01-11T13:10:32  *** Leo57 <Leo57!~Leo@2a09:bac3:3322:150f::219:b5> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
1282024-01-11T13:10:41  *** sliv3r__ <sliv3r__!~sliv3r__@125.red-79-159-75.dynamicip.rima-tde.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1292024-01-11T13:11:15  *** darosior1 <darosior1!~darosior@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1302024-01-11T13:11:20  *** JesterHodl <JesterHodl!~JesterHod@> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
1312024-01-11T13:11:31  *** JesterHodl <JesterHodl!~JesterHod@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1322024-01-11T13:12:40  *** darosior <darosior!~darosior@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
1332024-01-11T13:12:40  *** darosior1 is now known as darosior
1342024-01-11T13:13:14  *** JozefH <JozefH!~JozefH@ip-89-176-231-149.bb.vodafone.cz> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
1352024-01-11T13:15:15  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1362024-01-11T13:17:24  *** JozefH <JozefH!~JozefH@ip-89-176-231-149.bb.vodafone.cz> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1372024-01-11T13:18:10  *** angusp <angusp!9e8eed9774@2604:bf00:561:2000::1048> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1382024-01-11T13:20:52  *** utzig <utzig!d5d7f726e3@2604:bf00:561:2000::71> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1392024-01-11T13:21:00  *** pablomartin4btc <pablomartin4btc!~pablomart@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1402024-01-11T13:21:01  *** Guest66 <Guest66!~Guest66@c-24-125-96-34.hsd1.ga.comcast.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1412024-01-11T13:25:09  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
1422024-01-11T13:25:19  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
1432024-01-11T13:25:56  *** Leo12 <Leo12!~Leo@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1442024-01-11T13:32:47  *** sliv3r__ <sliv3r__!~sliv3r__@125.red-79-159-75.dynamicip.rima-tde.net> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
1452024-01-11T13:32:57  *** sliv3r__ <sliv3r__!~sliv3r__@125.red-79-159-75.dynamicip.rima-tde.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1462024-01-11T13:33:11  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] maflcko opened pull request #29228: test: Remove all-lint.py script (master...2401-test-rm-wrap-wrap-) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29228
1472024-01-11T13:35:21  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1482024-01-11T13:38:05  *** GregTonoski <GregTonoski!~GregTonos@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1492024-01-11T13:38:50  *** Guest66 <Guest66!~Guest66@c-24-125-96-34.hsd1.ga.comcast.net> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
1502024-01-11T13:39:57  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
1512024-01-11T13:40:42  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1522024-01-11T13:41:03  *** mudsip <mudsip!~mudsip@user/mudsip> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1532024-01-11T13:41:42  *** angusp <angusp!9e8eed9774@2604:bf00:561:2000::1048> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
1542024-01-11T13:42:36  *** utzig <utzig!d5d7f726e3@2604:bf00:561:2000::71> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
1552024-01-11T13:44:04  *** mudsip <mudsip!~mudsip@user/mudsip> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
1562024-01-11T13:44:56  *** Leo75 <Leo75!~Leo@2a09:bac2:34c6:be::13:2a8> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1572024-01-11T13:45:54  *** Leo75 <Leo75!~Leo@2a09:bac2:34c6:be::13:2a8> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
1582024-01-11T13:50:13  <maflcko> jamesob: I guess it is a question of how much the "local" docker image should mirror the CI task behavior. Currently compilation is cached locally, but that can be changed to just compile every time, because it is fast.
1592024-01-11T13:50:51  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
1602024-01-11T13:50:53  <maflcko> Also, you should be able to move RUN install.sh up to right after COPY install.sh, to get the same speedup
1612024-01-11T13:51:38  *** GregTonoski <GregTonoski!~GregTonos@> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
1622024-01-11T13:51:42  *** utzig <utzig!d5d7f726e3@2604:bf00:561:2000::71> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1632024-01-11T13:53:06  *** JozefH <JozefH!~JozefH@ip-89-176-231-149.bb.vodafone.cz> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
1642024-01-11T13:53:08  <maflcko> Ok, that'd also require splitting up install.sh into two steps
1652024-01-11T13:53:17  *** Retropex <Retropex!~Retropex@2a09:bac2:34c6:be::13:2a8> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1662024-01-11T13:53:52  *** ChanServ sets mode: +o achow101
1672024-01-11T13:56:52  *** utzig <utzig!d5d7f726e3@2604:bf00:561:2000::71> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
1682024-01-11T13:56:58  *** ns-xvrn <ns-xvrn!~ns-xvrn@c-24-125-96-34.hsd1.ga.comcast.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1692024-01-11T13:58:23  *** wk057 <wk057!wizkid@tsarbo.mba> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1702024-01-11T13:59:08  <reardencode> if there's any discussion of lnhance at today's meeting, I'm available.
1712024-01-11T14:00:05  *** ns-xvrn <ns-xvrn!~ns-xvrn@c-24-125-96-34.hsd1.ga.comcast.net> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
1722024-01-11T14:00:14  <achow101> #startmeeting
1732024-01-11T14:00:21  <dergoegge> hi
1742024-01-11T14:00:22  <glozow> hi
1752024-01-11T14:00:27  <achow101> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: achow101 _aj_ amiti ariard aureleoules b10c BlueMatt brunoerg cfields darosior dergoegge dongcarl fanquake fjahr furszy gleb glozow hebasto instagibbs jamesob jarolrod jonatack josibake kallewoof kanzure kouloumos kvaciral laanwj LarryRuane lightlike luke-jr MacroFake Murch phantomcircuit pinheadmz promag provoostenator ryanofsky sdaftuar S3RK stickies-v sipa theStack TheCharlatan vasild
1762024-01-11T14:00:42  <Murch[m]> Hi
1772024-01-11T14:00:46  <furszy> hi
1782024-01-11T14:00:50  <achow101> There are 2 preproposed meeting topics this week. Any last minute ones to add?
1792024-01-11T14:00:52  <LarryRuane> Hi
1802024-01-11T14:00:58  <lightlike> Hi
1812024-01-11T14:01:08  <josie> hi
1822024-01-11T14:01:15  <stickies-v> hi
1832024-01-11T14:01:18  <luke-jr_> hi
1842024-01-11T14:01:21  <Sjors[m]> hi
1852024-01-11T14:01:30  <achow101> #topic package relay updates (glozow)
1862024-01-11T14:01:46  <glozow> #28948 still the PR to review. Still working on implementing your comments achow101 (thanks!).
1872024-01-11T14:01:48  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/28948 | v3 transaction policy for anti-pinning by glozow · Pull Request #28948 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
1882024-01-11T14:02:21  <glozow> I'm also writing a doc (bip?) and trying to index all the discussion comments / questions / answers.
1892024-01-11T14:02:26  *** GregTonoski <GregTonoski!~GregTonos@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1902024-01-11T14:03:12  <instagibbs> I think it'd be helpful for #28984 if I split off the cluster mempool-y diagram checking parts, if no one objects I'll open that part only?
1912024-01-11T14:03:14  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/28984 | Cluster size 2 package rbf by instagibbs · Pull Request #28984 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
1922024-01-11T14:03:27  <instagibbs> infrastructure + unit/fuzz tests?
1932024-01-11T14:03:39  *** Guest73 <Guest73!~Guest29@c-24-125-96-34.hsd1.ga.comcast.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1942024-01-11T14:03:44  <TheCharlatan> hi
1952024-01-11T14:04:20  <achow101> instagibbs: seems reasonable
1962024-01-11T14:04:39  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1972024-01-11T14:04:40  <glozow> instagibbs: I think it's a good idea. would help reduce the complexity
1982024-01-11T14:04:57  <instagibbs> ok, will open the "first cluster mempool PR" to nerd snipe some folks
1992024-01-11T14:05:07  <kanzure> hi
2002024-01-11T14:05:29  <gleb> hi
2012024-01-11T14:05:35  <GregTonoski> hi
2022024-01-11T14:05:37  <glozow> also: https://delvingbitcoin.org/t/an-overview-of-the-cluster-mempool-proposal/393
2032024-01-11T14:06:01  <pinheadmz> hi
2042024-01-11T14:06:31  *** salvatoshi <salvatoshi!~salvatosh@genymobile-2-6-86.fib.nerim.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
2052024-01-11T14:06:38  <GregTonoski> Can we talk about spam in Bitcoin and the scope of datacarriersize scope, perhaps?
2062024-01-11T14:06:49  <achow101> GregTonoski: please wait until your topic is announced
2072024-01-11T14:06:50  <luke-jr_> GregTonoski: we're on package relay topic right now
2082024-01-11T14:06:56  *** luke-jr_ is now known as luke-jr
2092024-01-11T14:07:03  <achow101> #topic silent payments updates (josie)
2102024-01-11T14:07:15  <josie> review happening on #28560
2112024-01-11T14:07:17  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/28560 | wallet, rpc: `FundTransaction` refactor by josibake · Pull Request #28560 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
2122024-01-11T14:07:46  <josie> also had several rounds of review on the BIP and was able to finalize the input hashing
2132024-01-11T14:08:08  <josie> i updated the BIP and will be working on #28122 to match the BIP
2142024-01-11T14:08:10  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/28122 | Silent Payments: Implement BIP352 by josibake · Pull Request #28122 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
2152024-01-11T14:08:44  <josie> thats all for me!
2162024-01-11T14:08:49  <achow101> is the bip ready to be merged?
2172024-01-11T14:09:07  <achow101> kinda annoying to have to look through the prs list to find it
2182024-01-11T14:09:21  <josie> id like to have at least RubenSomsen take a look and sign off after my most recent push
2192024-01-11T14:09:46  <josie> but id say its pretty close to merge
2202024-01-11T14:09:57  <josie> but yes, it is v annoying
2212024-01-11T14:10:10  *** Guyver2 <Guyver2!~Guyver@77-174-98-73.fixed.kpn.net> has left #bitcoin-core-dev (Closing Window)
2222024-01-11T14:10:24  <RubenSomsen> will do
2232024-01-11T14:10:41  <josie> ty!
2242024-01-11T14:10:47  <achow101> #topic multiprocess updates (ryanofsky)
2252024-01-11T14:12:31  <achow101> #28921 is the current pr, still waiting on review
2262024-01-11T14:12:33  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/28921 | multiprocess: Add basic type conversion hooks by ryanofsky · Pull Request #28921 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
2272024-01-11T14:13:09  <achow101> #topic Ad-hoc high priority for review
2282024-01-11T14:13:14  <achow101> Anything to add or remove from https://github.com/orgs/bitcoin/projects/1/views/4
2292024-01-11T14:13:39  <Murch[m]> achow101: Could you please add CoinGrinder?
2302024-01-11T14:14:03  <Murch[m]> The code is pretty mature now and I’d love to get it merged before 27, in case the fees shoot up again
2312024-01-11T14:14:13  <achow101> Murch[m]: added
2322024-01-11T14:14:19  <Murch[m]> Thanks!
2332024-01-11T14:16:05  <achow101> #topic spam threats and protection in Bitcoin Core (GregTonoski)
2342024-01-11T14:17:04  <GregTonoski> Is there any plan to harden anti-spam measures in Bitcoin Core in the next version, perhaps?
2352024-01-11T14:17:55  <reardencode> I'd suggest removing all limits on OP_RETURN size/count to reduce impacts on the UTXO set and mitigate long term consequences of the current scamtoken craze.
2362024-01-11T14:18:07  <luke-jr> that's the wrong direction
2372024-01-11T14:18:22  <achow101> probably not. as has been stated many times, many contributors do not think that changing policy rules will have an effect
2382024-01-11T14:18:27  <luke-jr> I've listed several possible options here FWIW: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/29187
2392024-01-11T14:18:29  <wk057> It doesn't seem to make sense to increase limits for OP_RETURN beyond the original scope of why OP_RETURN was made standard in the first place.
2402024-01-11T14:18:40  <luke-jr> achow101: which is nonsense
2412024-01-11T14:19:00  <achow101> it's clearly a controversial topic, I don't think rehashing the same argument here is going to be useful
2422024-01-11T14:19:11  <Murch[m]> OP_RETURN was introduced to give a valve for people using more detrimental ways of putting data in the blockchain such as bare multisig
2432024-01-11T14:19:21  <achow101> unless there is something new to say, I would suggest that we move on from this topic
2442024-01-11T14:19:33  <luke-jr> achow101: intentionally leaving a vulnerability being actively exploited in, is not acceptable
2452024-01-11T14:19:51  <wk057> achow101: there have been serveral new suggestions in #29187 that merit consideration
2462024-01-11T14:19:52  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/29187 | Witness scripts being abused to bypass datacarriersize limit (CVE-2023-50428) · Issue #29187 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
2472024-01-11T14:20:03  <GregTonoski> 2023 was a year of spam in Bitcoin. Isn't it important topic to discuss?
2482024-01-11T14:20:05  *** pB6102 <pB6102!~pB6102@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
2492024-01-11T14:20:11  <dergoegge> not everyone considers it a vulnerability
2502024-01-11T14:20:20  <instagibbs> ok we're aware that a PR exists, that's all that's required here
2512024-01-11T14:20:22  <achow101> wk057: they can be discussed if/when such PRs are opened
2522024-01-11T14:20:30  <luke-jr> dergoegge: objectively it is
2532024-01-11T14:20:33  <Earnestly> (It's a tad disingenuous to shut down discussion merely because it's controversial; if there is genuine misunderstanding those need to be surfaced. Lots of people are watching and want resolution on this.)
2542024-01-11T14:20:40  <josie> what is the goal of bringing this topic? calling other peoples opinions on the matter nonsense and continuing to claim there is a vulnerability (when others dont share that view) is not a discussion
2552024-01-11T14:20:47  <_aj_> instagibbs: the above was an issue, the prior PR is closed, there hasn't been a new PR filed yet, aiui
2562024-01-11T14:21:12  <luke-jr> josie: if you disagree, you can set datacarriersize=4000000; it's not an excuse to deny others a fix
2572024-01-11T14:21:14  <Murch[m]> I don’t think a policy change by default is going to get merged
2582024-01-11T14:21:15  <instagibbs> _aj_ tracking issue even better
2592024-01-11T14:21:42  *** pB6102 <pB6102!~pB6102@> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
2602024-01-11T14:21:52  <Murch[m]> I could see a new option that makes your node treat inscriptions as non-standard that is off by default be considered
2612024-01-11T14:21:55  <_aj_> achow101: (off-topic: tnx for the merge)
2622024-01-11T14:21:59  <Murch[m]> Then people who want that can gimp their own node
2632024-01-11T14:21:59  *** pB6102 <pB6102!~pB6102@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
2642024-01-11T14:22:01  <wk057> it's objectively a vulnerability.  the ability to inject data into a system in an unintended way is pretty much the most common exploit in existence. saying it's not a vulnerability is odd.
2652024-01-11T14:22:04  <Earnestly> achow101: If the filters are behind a flag, and people can choose to use it, why would that necessarily be a blocker? Does there need to be more robust evidence that the filters prevent the behaviour it's designed to stop?
2662024-01-11T14:22:19  <_aj_> wk057: "unintended" is not an objective criterion
2672024-01-11T14:22:23  <achow101> Earnestly: never said that it was
2682024-01-11T14:22:27  <instagibbs> again, this is nothing new, there is nothing to discuss here
2692024-01-11T14:22:52  <Earnestly> I see, so a PR adding such a feature would be fine
2702024-01-11T14:23:02  *** jkjkjk <jkjkjk!~jkjkjk@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
2712024-01-11T14:23:42  <wk057> instagibbs: it merits discussion.  since the original PR was closed for being "controverial", then finding a solution that checks all the boxes would merit discussion for an obvious issue.
2722024-01-11T14:23:46  <GregTonoski> Pieter Wuille said that 4MB block is ""pathological" . It occurred in 2023.
2732024-01-11T14:23:47  <luke-jr> _aj_: it pretty much is, at least in this case; pretending it was intended is dishonest
2742024-01-11T14:23:57  <instagibbs> And I'm done engaging with this. thanks.
2752024-01-11T14:24:09  *** test__ <test__!flooded@gateway/vpn/protonvpn/flood/x-43489060> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
2762024-01-11T14:24:10  <_aj_> luke-jr: the people sending the spam certainly intend it
2772024-01-11T14:24:10  <GregTonoski> 4MB block: 0301e0480b374b32851a9462db29dc19fe830a7f7d7a88b81612b9d42099c0ae
2782024-01-11T14:24:28  <achow101> wk057: since there is an issue open, discussing in that issue should be sufficient
2792024-01-11T14:24:30  <luke-jr> _aj_: pfft, so does every attacker
2802024-01-11T14:24:39  <Earnestly> I certainly don't want to store this data on my node, is there anything I can do to mitigate it?
2812024-01-11T14:24:45  <sipa> Earnestly: run a pruned node
2822024-01-11T14:24:54  <achow101> especially since discussion here is transient
2832024-01-11T14:24:58  <Earnestly> sipa: I do, but I don't want to process it (I also want to keep historical nodes as well)
2842024-01-11T14:25:03  <instagibbs> Is this the last topic?
2852024-01-11T14:25:06  <achow101> instagibbs: no
2862024-01-11T14:25:16  <reardencode> Earnestly: rot13maxi made a script to invalidate blocks containing inscriptions. it'll put you on your own fork of bitcoin.
2872024-01-11T14:25:31  <wk057> achow101: seems this is a broad enough topic to warrant at least some realtime developer discussion to make the solutions that would be acceptable for merge more obvious before dev effort is expended on something that has no hope of merging
2882024-01-11T14:25:34  <Murch[m]> Suggestion:... (full message at <https://matrix.bitcoin.ninja/_matrix/media/v3/download/bitcoin.ninja/EVtcNPNYvjzsBmTKCrJgoTdP>)
2892024-01-11T14:25:51  <achow101> Murch[m]: your message was too long
2902024-01-11T14:26:04  <achow101> (matrix bridge elided it)
2912024-01-11T14:26:12  <brunoerg> next topic?
2922024-01-11T14:26:14  <glozow> fwiw I disagree that this is a vulnerability. I already reviewed 28408 and summarized all of the arguments for/against it, concluding it shouldn't be merged. I have a writeup on my notes repo. I plan on reviewing and opening PRs that I think are important, and this discussion isn't changing that.
2932024-01-11T14:26:20  <glozow> #proposedmeetingtopic note to use new logging macros (#28318)
2942024-01-11T14:26:23  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/28318 | logging: Simplify API for level based logging by ajtowns · Pull Request #28318 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
2952024-01-11T14:27:07  <luke-jr> glozow: every argument against it, has been amply refuted already
2962024-01-11T14:27:15  <sipa> luke-jr: people clearly disagree with you here
2972024-01-11T14:27:17  <Earnestly> glozow: Why wouldn't be considered as such if a specific sequence of operators are selected specifically to bypass OP_RETURN, why don't they just use op_return?
2982024-01-11T14:27:26  <wk057> glozow: you seem to have conveniently skipped over some key points in your summary, but that PR is closed, so the discussion is to determine the best way forward from here without wasting additional developer resources
2992024-01-11T14:27:40  <glozow> luke-jr: having read through all of the comments and mailing list posts and a lot of twitter, I disagree.
3002024-01-11T14:27:43  <reardencode> Earnestly: they don't use OP_RETURN because it is limited to 80 bytes - hence my suggestion.
3012024-01-11T14:27:52  <Earnestly> reardencode: Why was it limited?
3022024-01-11T14:28:04  <achow101> wk057: from the existing discussions on the topic, there generally seems to be agreement that a default off option to enable such filters may be acceptable, at least more so than the datacarriersize change
3032024-01-11T14:28:08  *** flooded <flooded!flooded@gateway/vpn/protonvpn/flood/x-43489060> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
3042024-01-11T14:28:09  <Murch[m]> achow101: Thanks, it was just a summary of above: Make it a default-off optional new configuration option that only applies to inscriptions, and I could see it get merge.
3052024-01-11T14:28:39  <achow101> wk057: does that sufficiently resolve your desire to have a discussion here?
3062024-01-11T14:28:40  <wk057> achow101: default off option doesn't address the issue.  I agree it should be an option, but default off doesn't actually solve anything.
3072024-01-11T14:29:00  <luke-jr> achow101: Murch[m]: so we add a new option for every new spam scheme?
3082024-01-11T14:29:30  <_aj_> luke-jr: for any that are controversial, certainly
3092024-01-11T14:29:36  <Murch[m]> If you think that is a useful way of spending your time, be my guest
3102024-01-11T14:29:40  <luke-jr> refusing to admit it's a vulnerability, and making such crazy suggestions, just strikes me as dishonesty, sorry
3112024-01-11T14:29:41  <Earnestly> luke-jr: Would it be possible to provide a more generic mechanism that reads in a set of rules, in some DSL format, that can be used to filter?
3122024-01-11T14:29:44  <_aj_> luke-jr: (and spammers will naturally try to make them all controversial, so...)
3132024-01-11T14:29:47  <wk057> that was what I was writing.  so everyone who wants to address a vulnerability needs to get a PR approved for a new option that defaults to allowing exploitation of that vulnerability? that doesn't seem reasonable.
3142024-01-11T14:30:08  <Earnestly> In that manner you can then add new rules to this file to catch any new mechanisms used to bypass the original limit
3152024-01-11T14:30:14  <wk057> The people exploiting a bug shouldn't really get a say in whether or not the bug is fixed.
3162024-01-11T14:30:28  <Murch[m]> I think the topic is now "note to use new logging macros (#28318)", though
3172024-01-11T14:30:31  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/28318 | logging: Simplify API for level based logging by ajtowns · Pull Request #28318 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
3182024-01-11T14:30:39  <achow101> Murch[m]: not yet
3192024-01-11T14:30:54  <Earnestly> luke-jr: So instead of having to hardcode a set of rules directly in the codebase they can be expressed as a file
3202024-01-11T14:31:14  <_aj_> Murch[m]: that was proposed, not switched to
3212024-01-11T14:31:27  <Murch[m]> ah, you’re right
3222024-01-11T14:31:30  <achow101> I think the specific details regarding the implementation of such a flag can be discussed in its PR, once open
3232024-01-11T14:31:31  <sipa> sigh, there is economic demand for block space, whether you like it or not - the buyers and sellers of that space both want the transaction to occur, i don't see what anyone thinks they can do about that
3242024-01-11T14:31:32  <dergoegge> can we move on?
3252024-01-11T14:31:38  <instagibbs> dergoegge +1
3262024-01-11T14:31:44  <kevkevin> dergoegge +1
3272024-01-11T14:31:49  <brunoerg> dergoegge +1
3282024-01-11T14:31:51  <josie> dergoegge +1
3292024-01-11T14:31:53  <glozow> dergoegge +1
3302024-01-11T14:31:53  <achow101> #topic bip324 defaults for 27.0 (achow101)
3312024-01-11T14:31:53  <Murch[m]> dergoegge: +1
3322024-01-11T14:32:11  <wk057> achow101: since there's been development time on the original PR that's been "spinning wheels", it would make sense to try to limit further wasted efforts
3332024-01-11T14:32:30  <achow101> The 27.0 feature freeze is in a month, so what defaults should we try to get for bip324 in before then?
3342024-01-11T14:32:38  <instagibbs> re:bip324, did all the open testing PRs get merged? it seems t obe getting reasonable runtime as I've seen both incoming and outgoing v3 connections
3352024-01-11T14:32:47  <instagibbs> v2
3362024-01-11T14:32:56  <sipa> there is the big functional test PR, #24748
3372024-01-11T14:33:00  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/24748 | test/BIP324: functional tests for v2 P2P encryption by stratospher · Pull Request #24748 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
3382024-01-11T14:33:14  <sipa> which i consider the one blocker to enabling bip324 b
3392024-01-11T14:33:18  <sipa> y default
3402024-01-11T14:33:25  <instagibbs> that was my impression as well
3412024-01-11T14:33:41  <achow101> I think it would be good to have v2transport enable trying v2 for all outbound connections. as it is now, people don't seem to fully get that the only way to have a v2 outbound is with the addnode rpc
3422024-01-11T14:34:07  <_aj_> sipa: so it should go on the high-pri list?
3432024-01-11T14:34:08  <sipa> achow101: not anymore since #29058
3442024-01-11T14:34:10  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/29058 | net, cli: use v2transport for manual/addrfetch connections, add to -netinfo by mzumsande · Pull Request #29058 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
3452024-01-11T14:34:35  <achow101> -addnode is still needed though
3462024-01-11T14:34:36  <josie> _aj_ +1, was surprised the func test PR was still open
3472024-01-11T14:34:39  *** PatBoy <PatBoy!~viva.el-b@cryption.cn> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
3482024-01-11T14:34:46  <lightlike> achow101: -connect also works now
3492024-01-11T14:35:02  *** Guest59 <Guest59!~Guest59@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
3502024-01-11T14:35:12  <instagibbs> i have a non-manual outbound v2 on v26, did I previously -connect it or something?
3512024-01-11T14:35:16  <sipa> achow101: for automatic connections, if both sides run with `-v2transport`, and the service flag propagated ahead of time, a bip324 connection will be used
3522024-01-11T14:35:26  <instagibbs> sipa ah ok 👍
3532024-01-11T14:35:49  *** Guest19 <Guest19!~Guest34@2a00:20:c012:92e8:b168:7c06:a120:5c0> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
3542024-01-11T14:35:52  *** pB6102 <pB6102!~pB6102@> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
3552024-01-11T14:36:12  <glozow> _aj_: added
3562024-01-11T14:36:54  <achow101> sipa: really? my previously addnode'd connections don't seem to use v2 after I restart
3572024-01-11T14:37:20  <sipa> achow101: i was talking about automatic connections, not manual ones
3582024-01-11T14:37:32  <sipa> manual ones will all be v2 since 29058
3592024-01-11T14:37:52  <sipa> i think?
3602024-01-11T14:38:08  *** Guest19 <Guest19!~Guest34@2a00:20:c012:92e8:b168:7c06:a120:5c0> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
3612024-01-11T14:38:38  *** jamesob <jamesob!~jamesob@> has quit IRC (Quit: The Lounge - https://thelounge.chat)
3622024-01-11T14:38:53  *** jamesob443688173 <jamesob443688173!~jamesob@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
3632024-01-11T14:38:53  *** Retropex <Retropex!~Retropex@2a09:bac2:34c6:be::13:2a8> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
3642024-01-11T14:38:54  *** jamesob <jamesob!~jamesob@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
3652024-01-11T14:39:14  *** Guest73 <Guest73!~Guest29@c-24-125-96-34.hsd1.ga.comcast.net> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
3662024-01-11T14:39:21  *** Guest44 <Guest44!~Guest44@2a00:20:c012:92e8:b168:7c06:a120:5c0> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
3672024-01-11T14:39:31  <lightlike> yes, if specified with the -addnode bitcoind command. if you use the addnode rpc, you have to use the option.
3682024-01-11T14:39:36  <achow101> not sure. will try to test a bit more then
3692024-01-11T14:39:53  *** Guest44 <Guest44!~Guest44@2a00:20:c012:92e8:b168:7c06:a120:5c0> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
3702024-01-11T14:40:44  <achow101> anyways, I think we should try to get #24748 in to take a look at defaults for 27.0
3712024-01-11T14:40:46  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/24748 | test/BIP324: functional tests for v2 P2P encryption by stratospher · Pull Request #24748 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
3722024-01-11T14:41:05  <achow101> #topic note to use new logging macros (#28318) (glozow)
3732024-01-11T14:41:08  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/28318 | logging: Simplify API for level based logging by ajtowns · Pull Request #28318 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
3742024-01-11T14:41:21  *** Guest44 <Guest44!~Guest44@2a00:20:c012:92e8:b168:7c06:a120:5c0> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
3752024-01-11T14:41:32  *** sliv3r__ <sliv3r__!~sliv3r__@125.red-79-159-75.dynamicip.rima-tde.net> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
3762024-01-11T14:41:43  *** sliv3r__ <sliv3r__!~sliv3r__@125.red-79-159-75.dynamicip.rima-tde.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
3772024-01-11T14:41:43  <glozow> Just want to bring it to people's attention, please use the new macros in new code.
3782024-01-11T14:42:02  <achow101> Can the old ones be scripted-diff'd away?
3792024-01-11T14:42:10  <_aj_> probably should do a scripted diff at least for net_processing; https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/28318#issuecomment-1701170263
3802024-01-11T14:42:32  *** Guest44 <Guest44!~Guest44@2a00:20:c012:92e8:b168:7c06:a120:5c0> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
3812024-01-11T14:42:42  <jonatack> Hi
3822024-01-11T14:42:43  <glozow> I think that's a good idea. Would be nice to have more unified logging across the codebase
3832024-01-11T14:42:53  <stickies-v> see https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/developer-notes.md#logging for how to use the new macros
3842024-01-11T14:42:56  *** Leo12 <Leo12!~Leo@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
3852024-01-11T14:43:16  <josie> glozow: +1
3862024-01-11T14:43:19  <jonatack> Would be good for someone to open a PR to simplify the API for level based logging after that merge
3872024-01-11T14:43:29  <lightlike> there will be tons of conflicts. maybe do it after the branch-off or something?
3882024-01-11T14:43:43  <achow101> lightlike: good point
3892024-01-11T14:43:57  <_aj_> lightlike: it's a scripted diff so should be easy to maintain until the branch off
3902024-01-11T14:44:23  *** Chris_Stewart_5 <Chris_Stewart_5!~Chris_Ste@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
3912024-01-11T14:45:07  <achow101> Any other topics to discuss?
3922024-01-11T14:45:09  <fanquake> Why is after branch off better?
3932024-01-11T14:45:14  <fanquake> There's still the same number of conflicts
3942024-01-11T14:45:19  <fanquake> and backports are now just harder to do
3952024-01-11T14:45:30  *** itme_brain <itme_brain!~bryan@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
3962024-01-11T14:45:35  <jonatack> The goal and review feedback I gave was to have a unified interface of one single Log() macro.
3972024-01-11T14:45:36  <_aj_> after feature freeze maybe
3982024-01-11T14:45:37  <maflcko> It will be a scripted-diff, but not a refactor, right? The log output will change slightly, to include "warning" or "error" prefixes?
3992024-01-11T14:46:09  <_aj_> maflcko: a refactor, log output won't change
4002024-01-11T14:46:23  <lightlike> fanquake: so that higher-prioritised projects that still need to get into v27 are not delayed by this.
4012024-01-11T14:46:24  <glozow> jonatack: hm, I don't really think that'd be better. This way we use the same macro the vast majority of the time, and don't need to pass in an arg for all of them.
4022024-01-11T14:46:26  *** Guest44 <Guest44!~Guest44@2a00:20:c012:92e8:b168:7c06:a120:5c0> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
4032024-01-11T14:46:28  <jamesob> #proposedmeetingtopic assumeutxo chainparams merge when?
4042024-01-11T14:46:43  <glozow> I'm not a fan of the verbosity of that approach
4052024-01-11T14:46:53  <dergoegge> glozow: +1
4062024-01-11T14:46:56  <maflcko> _aj_: A right
4072024-01-11T14:47:00  <jonatack> Also, that merge invalidated the 2 ACKs for a bugfix open since almost a year now https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/27231
4082024-01-11T14:47:12  <glozow> after feature freeze seems fine
4092024-01-11T14:47:14  <fanquake> lightlike: right, not sure there would be "tons" of conflicts in the high-prio PRs though? I'll take a look
4102024-01-11T14:47:21  <jonatack> on the blockers list. Oh well :)
4112024-01-11T14:47:38  <achow101> jonatack: there's only one ack, and (althought not explicitly said) a nack
4122024-01-11T14:47:46  <_aj_> jonatack: that PR had unaddressed feedback since september...
4132024-01-11T14:47:48  <achow101> and no activity for a long time
4142024-01-11T14:48:00  <maflcko> jonatack: Is it still relevant after the merge?
4152024-01-11T14:48:07  <maflcko> Wasn't "NONE" removed anyway?
4162024-01-11T14:48:15  <_aj_> maflcko: aspects of it are, yes
4172024-01-11T14:48:21  <maflcko> ok
4182024-01-11T14:48:51  <glozow> ISTM the project ended up choosing an alternate approach maybe just close that PR? we don't need more logging fragmentation
4192024-01-11T14:48:53  *** test__ is now known as _flood
4202024-01-11T14:48:55  <jonatack> glozow: a single Log(level, category) is a simple as it gets.  Multiple macros with differing APIs requires developers to remember more context, and necessitates more code, docs, and test coverage
4212024-01-11T14:49:14  <stickies-v> a single function doesn't equal a simple interface though
4222024-01-11T14:49:15  *** Guest44 <Guest44!~Guest44@2a00:20:c012:92e8:b168:7c06:a120:5c0> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
4232024-01-11T14:49:17  <lightlike> fanquake: I think there is no PR yet with the scripted diff, so probably best to open that and look just how many conflicts threre actually are.
4242024-01-11T14:49:34  <jonatack> The new APIs don't all take the same arguments. Devs will have to remember which macros take which parameters. Etc.
4252024-01-11T14:50:19  <achow101> I already don't remember what macros take which parameters, so that's nothing new
4262024-01-11T14:50:25  <_aj_> lightlike: +1
4272024-01-11T14:50:28  *** Guest59 <Guest59!~Guest59@> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
4282024-01-11T14:50:37  <jamesob> jonatack: yeah, that I do have beef with - left some commentary in the recent PR
4292024-01-11T14:50:54  <jonatack> jamesob: yes
4302024-01-11T14:51:12  <achow101> anyways, open prs and let's discuss there
4312024-01-11T14:51:25  <achow101> #topic assumeutxo chainparams merge when? (jamesob)
4322024-01-11T14:51:47  <maflcko> Seems a bit early when there are still outstanding bugs and crashes, no?
4332024-01-11T14:51:57  <jamesob> So it's not really clear to me what the criteria is for when we're ready to merge the assumeutxo PRs. IMO it's pretty low risk to do so and let "expert users" start calling the RPC to make use of it
4342024-01-11T14:52:00  <sipa> shouldn't we figure out distribution/P2P fetching of chainstates before nailing that down, as it may mean we need to change serialization format?
4352024-01-11T14:52:09  <jamesob> Are there bugs and crashes?
4362024-01-11T14:52:16  <maflcko> Yes
4372024-01-11T14:52:25  <sipa> i guess it's fair that there is no problem changing the format afterwards
4382024-01-11T14:52:29  <jamesob> sipa: I think that will take a very long time to do
4392024-01-11T14:53:01  <jamesob> maflcko: mind actually referencing the bugs and crashes?
4402024-01-11T14:53:01  <jonatack> glozow: just close which PR, please?  The bugfix is still relevant.
4412024-01-11T14:53:06  <fanquake> also need to decide about things like #28598
4422024-01-11T14:53:07  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/28598 | assumeutxo: Ensure transactions are not presented as confirmed until background sync is complete · Issue #28598 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
4432024-01-11T14:53:39  <jamesob> I'm aware of a  number of refactoring/cleanup/test PRs that are proposed, some of which IMO are matters of taste
4442024-01-11T14:54:35  <maflcko> jamesob: Sorry, I am looking for it ...
4452024-01-11T14:54:54  <instagibbs> there should probably(still?) be a tracking issue sounds like
4462024-01-11T14:55:14  <jamesob> Anyway, I'm not saying we should merge the params now - but it would be nice to develop an understanding of when we're ready for expert users to start trying it out for real
4472024-01-11T14:55:28  <maflcko> #28791
4482024-01-11T14:55:32  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/28791 | snapshots: dont core dump when running -checkblockindex after `loadtxoutset` by maaku · Pull Request #28791 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
4492024-01-11T14:55:34  <jamesob> I really don't think it should just hang out waiting for a P2P scheme to come along, or for the dump format to change
4502024-01-11T14:55:48  <_aj_> i don't see any "bugs and crashes" in the open issues list under a search for assumeutxo? be good to add an issue if there's not one already
4512024-01-11T14:55:55  <sipa> jamesob: i'm not saying wait for it, i'm saying work on it!
4522024-01-11T14:56:13  <maflcko> _aj_: "crash" -> "core dump"
4532024-01-11T14:56:13  <jamesob> sipa: ain't gonna be me!
4542024-01-11T14:56:39  <sipa> but fair enough, if we expect that not to happen anytime soon, it may be reasonable to go for a "experts use only" deployment before that part is fleshed out
4552024-01-11T14:56:41  <jamesob> maflcko: thanks for the link
4562024-01-11T14:57:00  <achow101> I think enabling it for the rpc should be fine to do prior to figuring out distribution
4572024-01-11T14:57:08  *** sliv3r__ <sliv3r__!~sliv3r__@125.red-79-159-75.dynamicip.rima-tde.net> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
4582024-01-11T14:57:13  <achow101> but also crashes should be fixed first
4592024-01-11T14:57:16  <fanquake> #28616 the PR for above
4602024-01-11T14:57:17  <jamesob> achow101: agreed
4612024-01-11T14:57:18  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/28616 | Show transactions as not fully confirmed during background validation by Sjors · Pull Request #28616 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
4622024-01-11T14:57:52  <achow101> Anything else to discuss in our last few minutes today?
4632024-01-11T14:57:52  <jamesob> I'll review that Sjors wallet PR
4642024-01-11T14:59:21  <_aj_> so fix known crash bugs, then add mainnet params/update testnet/signet params?
4652024-01-11T14:59:48  <achow101> sounds like it
4662024-01-11T14:59:49  <fanquake> then decide on how to represent this to users. if anything needs changing or not
4672024-01-11T14:59:50  <instagibbs> experimental "add footgun here", let pre-packaged node distros try it out, seems natural
4682024-01-11T15:00:01  <achow101> #endmeeting
4692024-01-11T15:00:21  <_aj_> maflcko: "assumeutxo" -> "loadtxoutset" was what i actually needed
4702024-01-11T15:00:25  <jamesob> instagibbs: right
4712024-01-11T15:00:29  <jonatack> achow101: "I already don't remember what macros take which parameters, so that's nothing new" -> right, the idea was to fix that.
4722024-01-11T15:01:18  <_aj_> unconditional logging just takes the message, conditional logging takes a category. unconditional levels are Error, Warning and Info
4732024-01-11T15:01:53  <_aj_> which levels are unconditional is something you need to know anyway, or you'll flood people's logs
4742024-01-11T15:02:09  <jonatack> unconditional logging depends on what level the user specifies
4752024-01-11T15:02:32  <_aj_> right, so we should fix that too
4762024-01-11T15:03:34  <jonatack> yes. but not hardcode it into moar macros ;)
4772024-01-11T15:06:25  *** puchka <puchka!~puchka@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
4782024-01-11T15:06:28  <jonatack> I do appreciate that you added the -loglevelalways option
4792024-01-11T15:08:06  <jonatack> as that option is the default I expected the logging to take, but I can at least still use the logging that way
4802024-01-11T15:11:10  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Sjors opened pull request #29229: Make (Read/Write)BinaryFile work with char vector (master...2024/01/rw-binary-file) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29229
4812024-01-11T15:11:22  <jonatack> I don't think a scripted-diff to update all the macros is a good idea until the API is finished and simpler.
4822024-01-11T15:13:18  *** puchka <puchka!~puchka@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
4832024-01-11T15:14:12  *** achow101 <achow101!~achow101@user/achow101> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
4842024-01-11T15:14:46  *** achow101 <achow101!~achow101@user/achow101> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
4852024-01-11T15:16:08  *** achow101 <achow101!~achow101@user/achow101> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
4862024-01-11T15:16:24  *** pietre <pietre!~pietre@dynamic-095-114-054-006.95.114.pool.telefonica.de> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
4872024-01-11T15:17:04  *** itme_brain <itme_brain!~bryan@> has left #bitcoin-core-dev (WeeChat 4.0.4)
4882024-01-11T15:17:41  *** JesterHodl <JesterHodl!~JesterHod@> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
4892024-01-11T15:20:18  *** achow101 <achow101!~achow101@user/achow101> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
4902024-01-11T15:23:18  <Sjors[m]> I've been focused on Stratum v2 stuff, but I'll try to keep my other PR's up to date as well.
4912024-01-11T15:24:21  *** preimage <preimage!~halosghos@user/halosghost> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
4922024-01-11T15:27:55  *** pietre <pietre!~pietre@dynamic-095-114-054-006.95.114.pool.telefonica.de> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
4932024-01-11T15:28:41  *** wk057 <wk057!wizkid@user/wk057> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
4942024-01-11T15:30:54  <_aj_> jonatack: "unconditional logging depends on what level the user specifies" -- i don't believe that is correct now: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/28318/commits/ab34dc6012351e7b8aab871dd9d2b38ade1cd9bc . it also doesn't make sense; "unconditional" things aren't conditional...
4952024-01-11T15:37:51  *** itme_brain <itme_brain!~bryan@user/itme-brain/x-8379419> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
4962024-01-11T15:38:25  <jonatack> _aj_: that commit was a buggy copy of this one from the Severity Level parent PR, am opening a pull to fix https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/25203/commits/118c7567f62df2b882877590f232242d7c627a05
4972024-01-11T15:42:32  *** itme_brain <itme_brain!~bryan@user/itme-brain/x-8379419> has left #bitcoin-core-dev
4982024-01-11T15:46:08  <jonatack> s/buggy/incomplete/
4992024-01-11T15:49:04  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack opened pull request #29230: doc: update -loglevel help following merge of PR 28318 (master...2024-01-fix-loglevel-help) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29230
5002024-01-11T15:59:31  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@user/AaronvanW> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving...)
5012024-01-11T16:02:03  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ajtowns opened pull request #29231: Update to new logging API (master...202401-logscripted) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29231
5022024-01-11T16:15:37  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theuni opened pull request #29232: depends: remove dependency on Darwin libtool (master...depends-no-libtool) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29232
5032024-01-11T16:17:58  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/4ae5171d42bd...12865d21ef6c
5042024-01-11T16:17:59  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f3ca6db fanquake: ci: move CMake into base packages
5052024-01-11T16:18:00  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 12865d2 fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#29225: ci: move CMake into base packages
5062024-01-11T16:18:06  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #29225: ci: move CMake into base packages (master...add_cmake_base_packages) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29225
5072024-01-11T16:18:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/12865d21ef6c...014f52550bb1
5082024-01-11T16:18:37  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a395218 Hennadii Stepanov: ci, iwyu: Drop backported mappings
5092024-01-11T16:18:38  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 014f525 fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#29186: ci, iwyu: Drop backported mappings
5102024-01-11T16:18:43  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #29186: ci, iwyu: Drop backported mappings (master...240105-iwyu) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29186
5112024-01-11T16:20:26  *** Chris_Stewart_5 <Chris_Stewart_5!~Chris_Ste@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
5122024-01-11T16:29:00  <sipa> achow101, lightlike: would it make sense to change `addnode` so that the "v2transport" parameter's default equals the -v2transport setting?
5132024-01-11T16:29:27  <sipa> that means for all practical purposes users won't need to set it, but for testing it's still possible to forcibly set it to false
5142024-01-11T16:29:33  <achow101> sipa: that makes sense to me
5152024-01-11T16:30:12  <sipa> that also makes it practically equivalent to the -addnode setting
5162024-01-11T16:30:13  <lightlike> yes, I've also had that thought recently!
5172024-01-11T16:30:41  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/014f52550bb1...4e104e23816a
5182024-01-11T16:30:42  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 997b9a7 Sjors Provoost: test: add assumeutxo wallet test
5192024-01-11T16:30:42  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4e104e2 Ava Chow: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#28838: test: add assumeutxo wallet test
5202024-01-11T16:30:48  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 merged pull request #28838: test: add assumeutxo wallet test (master...2023/11/test-wallet-assume) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/28838
5212024-01-11T16:33:04  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/4e104e23816a...131dd11ffd87
5222024-01-11T16:33:04  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ff3f51b Hennadii Stepanov: depends: Include `config.guess` and `config.sub` into `meta_depends`
5232024-01-11T16:33:05  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 131dd11 fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#28870: depends: Include `config.guess` and `config.s...
5242024-01-11T16:33:10  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #28870: depends: Include `config.guess` and `config.sub` into `meta_depends` (master...231114-config) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/28870
5252024-01-11T16:41:59  *** jkjkjk <jkjkjk!~jkjkjk@> has quit IRC (Quit: Connection closed)
5262024-01-11T16:42:07  *** GregTonoski <GregTonoski!~GregTonos@> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
5272024-01-11T16:43:54  *** zato <zato!~zato@user/zato> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
5282024-01-11T16:48:08  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/131dd11ffd87...dff6d1884a8e
5292024-01-11T16:48:09  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1f8450f 22388o⚡️: doc: upgrade Bitcoin Core license to 2024
5302024-01-11T16:48:10  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master dff6d18 fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#29222: doc: update Bitcoin Core license to 2024
5312024-01-11T16:48:15  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #29222: doc: update Bitcoin Core license to 2024 (master...updateBitcoinLicense2024) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29222
5322024-01-11T16:48:25  *** puchka <puchka!~puchka@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
5332024-01-11T16:52:01  *** salvatoshi <salvatoshi!~salvatosh@genymobile-2-6-86.fib.nerim.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
5342024-01-11T16:55:44  *** flooded <flooded!flooded@gateway/vpn/protonvpn/flood/x-43489060> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
5352024-01-11T16:59:06  *** _flood <_flood!flooded@gateway/vpn/protonvpn/flood/x-43489060> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
5362024-01-11T17:03:25  *** not_reserved <not_reserved!~not_reser@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
5372024-01-11T17:06:51  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@user/AaronvanW> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
5382024-01-11T17:07:03  <fanquake> lightlike: see #29231. Conflict list looking minor
5392024-01-11T17:07:04  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/29231 | Update to new logging API by ajtowns · Pull Request #29231 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
5402024-01-11T17:08:30  <lightlike> fanquake: But it only applies it to init? Earlier I thought the idea was to adjust every single log statement in our codebase.
5412024-01-11T17:08:59  <lightlike> (i mean the last commit)
5422024-01-11T17:10:52  <fanquake> I think it's also fine to do a handful of scripted diffs now
5432024-01-11T17:15:08  <lightlike> yes, no objections.
5442024-01-11T17:16:07  <_aj_> lightlike: i picked init because it had a few hits, and seemed unlikely to introduce many conflicts (unlike net or net_processing say)
5452024-01-11T17:17:02  <_aj_> lightlike: can just tweak the scripted diff for that commit to apply to other files in future PRs, or whatever
5462024-01-11T17:17:18  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/dff6d1884a8e...bb6de1befb9f
5472024-01-11T17:17:18  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 37324ae Sebastian Falbesoner: test: use `skip_if_platform_not_linux` helper where possible
5482024-01-11T17:17:19  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4c65ac9 Sebastian Falbesoner: test: detect OS consistently using `platform.system()`
5492024-01-11T17:17:19  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 878d914 Sebastian Falbesoner: doc: test: mention OS detection preferences in style guideline
5502024-01-11T17:17:24  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 merged pull request #29034: test: detect OS in functional tests consistently using `platform.system()` (master...202312-test-consolidate_os_detection_in_python) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29034
5512024-01-11T17:18:16  *** salvatoshi <salvatoshi!~salvatosh@lfbn-idf3-1-1331-187.w92-170.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
5522024-01-11T17:21:01  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@user/AaronvanW> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
5532024-01-11T17:21:21  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #29233: build: depends move macOS C(XX) FLAGS out of C & CXX (master...dedup_macos_flags) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29233
5542024-01-11T17:21:36  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@user/AaronvanW> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
5552024-01-11T17:24:08  *** Aaronvan_ <Aaronvan_!~AaronvanW@user/AaronvanW> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
5562024-01-11T17:26:06  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@user/AaronvanW> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
5572024-01-11T17:27:16  *** Aaronvan_ is now known as AaronvanW
5582024-01-11T17:40:59  <jamesob> fanquake maflcko: can't really grok that msvc wallet failure... don't understand why windows would be unique there
5592024-01-11T17:42:17  <fanquake> Yea it's rare for Windows to ever behave uniquely
5602024-01-11T17:42:29  *** szkl <szkl!uid110435@id-110435.uxbridge.irccloud.com> has quit IRC (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
5612024-01-11T17:42:37  <jamesob> oh hm, maybe something about windows doesn't permit multiple readers on the same wallet file
5622024-01-11T17:44:43  <jamesob> any clue why it wouldn't have failed in the PR's CI run?
5632024-01-11T18:04:47  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/bb6de1befb9f...4baa162dbb3c
5642024-01-11T18:04:48  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5fa7460 Jon Atack: Fix -netinfo backward compat with getpeerinfo pre-v26
5652024-01-11T18:04:49  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4baa162 Ava Chow: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#29212: Fix -netinfo backward compat with getpeerinfo...
5662024-01-11T18:04:54  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 merged pull request #29212: Fix -netinfo backward compat with getpeerinfo pre-v26 (master...2024-01-netinfo-transport) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29212
5672024-01-11T18:09:11  <maflcko> the windows fun tests used to be disabled on PR runs, but are now enabled. So I guess that's why the failure was missed earlier
5682024-01-11T18:10:11  *** Talkless <Talkless!~Talkless@mail.dargis.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
5692024-01-11T18:13:21  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #29235: doc: refer to "Node relay options" in policy/README (master...refer_to_help) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29235
5702024-01-11T18:13:32  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #29095: Update doc/policy/README.md (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29095
5712024-01-11T18:24:31  *** qxs <qxs!~qxs@gateway/tor-sasl/qxs> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
5722024-01-11T18:26:33  *** qxs <qxs!~qxs@gateway/tor-sasl/qxs> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
5732024-01-11T18:30:07  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] maflcko opened pull request #29236: log: Nuke error(...) (master...2401-log-error-) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29236
5742024-01-11T18:32:09  *** pablomartin4btc <pablomartin4btc!~pablomart@> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
5752024-01-11T18:32:30  *** pablomartin4btc <pablomartin4btc!~pablomart@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
5762024-01-11T18:34:52  *** DarrylTheFiish <DarrylTheFiish!~DarrylThe@user/DarrylTheFish> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
5772024-01-11T18:37:30  *** DarrylTheFish <DarrylTheFish!~DarrylThe@user/DarrylTheFish> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
5782024-01-11T18:44:33  *** not_reserved <not_reserved!~not_reser@> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
5792024-01-11T18:44:59  *** not_reserved <not_reserved!~not_reser@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
5802024-01-11T18:47:39  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] alfonsoromanz opened pull request #29237: [depends] Allow PATH with spaces in directory names. (master...allow-spaces-for-paths-in-depends) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29237
5812024-01-11T18:49:25  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #28733: depends: Allow PATH with spaces in directory names. (master...allow-spaces-in-path) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/28733
5822024-01-11T18:52:55  *** Guest49 <Guest49!~Guest18@ool-45789c73.dyn.optonline.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
5832024-01-11T18:53:11  *** Guest49 <Guest49!~Guest18@ool-45789c73.dyn.optonline.net> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
5842024-01-11T18:53:28  *** rzasfo <rzasfo!~rzasfo@ool-45789c73.dyn.optonline.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
5852024-01-11T18:59:04  *** rzasfo <rzasfo!~rzasfo@ool-45789c73.dyn.optonline.net> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
5862024-01-11T19:04:04  *** sforza <sforza!~sforza@ool-45789c73.dyn.optonline.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
5872024-01-11T19:07:02  <sforza> hi new here
5882024-01-11T19:10:25  <sforza> i have btc-core, how do i set up transaction fee
5892024-01-11T19:12:12  <sforza> what does network traffic mean ?, 16mb received 4 mb sent. ive recieved 16mb worth of btc ?
5902024-01-11T19:13:01  <sforza> the number of transactions is 16370. these are the number of transactions that have already happened in my node ?
5912024-01-11T19:13:22  <sforza> its used 175mb. ive recieved and sent 175mb worth of btc ?
5922024-01-11T19:13:27  <sforza> what does it all mean
5932024-01-11T19:13:33  <sipa> sforza: i suggest searching/asking on https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com for questions; this channel is for development
5942024-01-11T19:13:44  <sforza> ok
5952024-01-11T19:13:48  <sforza> thanks
5962024-01-11T19:18:55  *** qxs <qxs!~qxs@gateway/tor-sasl/qxs> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
5972024-01-11T19:21:29  *** qxs <qxs!~qxs@gateway/tor-sasl/qxs> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
5982024-01-11T19:35:37  *** abubakarsadiq <abubakarsadiq!uid602234@id-602234.hampstead.irccloud.com> has quit IRC (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
5992024-01-11T19:51:09  *** GregTonoski <GregTonoski!~GregTonos@2a02:a31a:4049:ea80:94cd:ff56:29e1:e0ae> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
6002024-01-11T19:51:14  <sforza> everyone on stackexchange is just getting robbed and scammed
6012024-01-11T19:51:25  <sforza> i dont want to be there
6022024-01-11T19:51:45  <sforza> no one knows what theyre doing on stackexchange, apparently.
6032024-01-11T20:06:32  <sipa> this is off topic here
6042024-01-11T20:08:52  <sforza> ok
6052024-01-11T20:14:49  *** DarrylTheFiish <DarrylTheFiish!~DarrylThe@user/DarrylTheFish> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
6062024-01-11T20:27:36  *** Talkless <Talkless!~Talkless@mail.dargis.net> has quit IRC (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
6072024-01-11T21:03:51  *** GregTonoski <GregTonoski!~GregTonos@2a02:a31a:4049:ea80:94cd:ff56:29e1:e0ae> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
6082024-01-11T21:06:23  *** szkl <szkl!uid110435@id-110435.uxbridge.irccloud.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
6092024-01-11T21:16:58  *** Guest99 <Guest99!~Guest34@ip-103-51-113-33.mel.xi.com.au> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
6102024-01-11T21:17:15  *** Guest99 <Guest99!~Guest34@ip-103-51-113-33.mel.xi.com.au> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
6112024-01-11T21:19:31  <jamesob> man the tone has been pretty prickly around the project lately
6122024-01-11T21:22:30  *** x11u <x11u!~0x11u@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
6132024-01-11T21:25:48  *** Guest15 <Guest15!~Guest15@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
6142024-01-11T21:26:16  <x11u> exit
6152024-01-11T21:26:19  *** x11u <x11u!~0x11u@> has quit IRC (Quit: WeeChat 3.8)
6162024-01-11T21:26:31  *** Guest15 <Guest15!~Guest15@> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
6172024-01-11T21:27:16  *** x11u <x11u!~0x11u@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
6182024-01-11T21:28:18  *** x11u <x11u!~0x11u@> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
6192024-01-11T21:29:22  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jamesob opened pull request #29238: test: unbreak: exclude windows from wallet_assumeutxo (master...2024-01-au-wallet-fix) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29238
6202024-01-11T21:29:28  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa opened pull request #29239: Make v2transaction default for addnode RPC when enabled (master...202401_default_addnode_bip324) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29239
6212024-01-11T21:31:14  *** x11u <x11u!~0x11u@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
6222024-01-11T21:34:15  *** abubakarsadiq <abubakarsadiq!uid602234@id-602234.hampstead.irccloud.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
6232024-01-11T21:58:54  *** salvatoshi_ <salvatoshi_!~salvatosh@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
6242024-01-11T21:58:54  *** test__ <test__!flooded@gateway/vpn/protonvpn/flood/x-43489060> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
6252024-01-11T22:01:30  *** salvatoshi <salvatoshi!~salvatosh@lfbn-idf3-1-1331-187.w92-170.abo.wanadoo.fr> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
6262024-01-11T22:02:05  *** flooded <flooded!flooded@gateway/vpn/protonvpn/flood/x-43489060> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
6272024-01-11T22:02:23  *** pablomartin4btc <pablomartin4btc!~pablomart@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
6282024-01-11T22:03:04  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
6292024-01-11T22:04:04  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
6302024-01-11T22:08:49  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
6312024-01-11T22:09:26  *** x11u <x11u!~0x11u@> has quit IRC (Quit: WeeChat 3.8)
6322024-01-11T22:16:26  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
6332024-01-11T22:23:47  *** x11u <x11u!~0x11u@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
6342024-01-11T22:40:48  *** vysn <vysn!~vysn@user/vysn> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
6352024-01-11T22:41:48  *** salvatoshi__ <salvatoshi__!~salvatosh@lfbn-idf3-1-1331-187.w92-170.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
6362024-01-11T22:44:39  *** salvatoshi_ <salvatoshi_!~salvatosh@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
6372024-01-11T22:56:43  *** kevkevin <kevkevin!~kevkevin@2601:241:8703:7b30:7400:c2ce:4264:4ecd> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
6382024-01-11T23:03:40  *** x11u <x11u!~0x11u@> has quit IRC (Quit: WeeChat 3.8)
6392024-01-11T23:13:33  *** preimage <preimage!~halosghos@user/halosghost> has quit IRC (Quit: WeeChat 4.1.2)
6402024-01-11T23:21:14  *** jon_atack <jon_atack!~jonatack@user/jonatack> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
6412024-01-11T23:23:14  *** jonatack <jonatack!~jonatack@user/jonatack> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
6422024-01-11T23:27:42  *** sforza <sforza!~sforza@ool-45789c73.dyn.optonline.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
6432024-01-11T23:28:30  *** qxs <qxs!~qxs@gateway/tor-sasl/qxs> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
6442024-01-11T23:31:21  *** qxs <qxs!~qxs@gateway/tor-sasl/qxs> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
6452024-01-11T23:33:16  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@user/AaronvanW> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving...)
6462024-01-11T23:33:25  *** salvatoshi__ <salvatoshi__!~salvatosh@lfbn-idf3-1-1331-187.w92-170.abo.wanadoo.fr> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
6472024-01-11T23:43:36  *** sforza <sforza!~sforza@ool-45789c73.dyn.optonline.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
6482024-01-11T23:50:53  *** zato <zato!~zato@user/zato> has quit IRC (Quit: Om mani padme hum)
6492024-01-11T23:57:36  *** sforza <sforza!~sforza@ool-45789c73.dyn.optonline.net> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)