12024-04-04T00:15:36  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@user/AaronvanW> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  22024-04-04T00:16:25  *** hirish <hirish!~hirish@ip251.ip-178-33-19.eu> has quit IRC (Quit: ZNC - https://znc.in)
  32024-04-04T00:19:49  *** hirish <hirish!~hirish@ip251.ip-178-33-19.eu> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  42024-04-04T00:44:47  *** zeropoint <zeropoint!~alex@45-28-139-114.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net> has quit IRC (Quit: leaving)
  52024-04-04T00:48:35  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@user/AaronvanW> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
  62024-04-04T01:12:18  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoincore.org] azuchi opened pull request #1012: Add japanese translation for 26.1 (master...ja-translate-26.1) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoincore.org/pull/1012
  72024-04-04T01:35:23  *** pablomartin <pablomartin!~pablomart@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
  82024-04-04T01:49:20  *** pablomartin <pablomartin!~pablomart@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
  92024-04-04T01:52:45  *** PaperSword <PaperSword!~Thunderbi@securemail.qrsnap.io> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 102024-04-04T01:53:03  *** PaperSword <PaperSword!~Thunderbi@securemail.qrsnap.io> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 112024-04-04T02:09:29  *** kevkevin <kevkevin!~kevkevin@2601:241:8703:7b30:786c:b9de:bc7d:fef9> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 122024-04-04T02:10:02  *** kevkevin <kevkevin!~kevkevin@2601:241:8703:7b30:40db:2a12:a13b:7bf3> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 132024-04-04T02:31:46  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 142024-04-04T02:45:50  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@user/AaronvanW> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 152024-04-04T03:02:59  *** pablomartin <pablomartin!~pablomart@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
 162024-04-04T03:18:01  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@user/AaronvanW> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
 172024-04-04T04:03:33  *** brunoerg_ <brunoerg_!~brunoerg@2804:14c:3bfb:37:ec91:c970:f736:3bf5> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 182024-04-04T04:04:30  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@2804:14c:3bfb:37:ec91:c970:f736:3bf5> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
 192024-04-04T04:41:43  *** ll32 <ll32!~ll@2804:5640:10a4:7c00:1711:28b:6d19:7410> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 202024-04-04T04:42:19  *** ll32 <ll32!~ll@2804:5640:10a4:7c00:1711:28b:6d19:7410> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
 212024-04-04T05:02:37  *** PaperSword <PaperSword!~Thunderbi@securemail.qrsnap.io> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 222024-04-04T05:02:56  *** PaperSword <PaperSword!~Thunderbi@securemail.qrsnap.io> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 232024-04-04T05:14:39  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@user/AaronvanW> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 242024-04-04T05:32:04  *** adiabat <adiabat!~adiabat@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
 252024-04-04T05:53:29  *** adiabat <adiabat!~adiabat@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 262024-04-04T06:15:46  *** rolf <rolf!~rolf@> has quit IRC (Quit: WeeChat 4.2.1)
 272024-04-04T06:17:35  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@user/AaronvanW> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 255 seconds)
 282024-04-04T06:20:16  *** Chris_Stewart_5 <Chris_Stewart_5!~Chris_Ste@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 255 seconds)
 292024-04-04T06:22:10  *** Chris_Stewart_5 <Chris_Stewart_5!~Chris_Ste@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 302024-04-04T06:52:11  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@user/AaronvanW> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 312024-04-04T07:03:10  *** cryptapus_ <cryptapus_!~cryptapus@user/cryptapus> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 322024-04-04T07:03:27  *** cryptapus <cryptapus!~cryptapus@user/cryptapus> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 255 seconds)
 332024-04-04T07:14:42  *** salvatoshi <salvatoshi!~salvatosh@ip-165.net-89-3-198.rev.numericable.fr> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 342024-04-04T07:59:03  *** Guyver2 <Guyver2!~Guyver@77-174-98-73.fixed.kpn.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 352024-04-04T08:03:35  *** puchka <puchka!~puchka@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
 362024-04-04T08:09:15  *** cryptapus_ <cryptapus_!~cryptapus@user/cryptapus> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
 372024-04-04T08:11:22  *** puchka <puchka!~puchka@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 382024-04-04T08:14:17  *** cryptapus_ <cryptapus_!~cryptapus@user/cryptapus> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 392024-04-04T08:16:06  *** abubakarsadiq <abubakarsadiq!uid602234@id-602234.hampstead.irccloud.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 402024-04-04T08:22:10  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@user/AaronvanW> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
 412024-04-04T08:22:56  *** Guyver2 <Guyver2!~Guyver@77-174-98-73.fixed.kpn.net> has left #bitcoin-core-dev (Closing Window)
 422024-04-04T08:27:01  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoincore.org] fanquake pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoincore.org/compare/12d5f7bed182...dc4345667fee
 432024-04-04T08:27:02  <bitcoin-git> bitcoincore.org/master d01a3f1 azuchi: Add japanese translation for 26.1
 442024-04-04T08:27:02  <bitcoin-git> bitcoincore.org/master 5b984f7 azuchi: Add missing release note fragments for 26.0-ja
 452024-04-04T08:27:03  <bitcoin-git> bitcoincore.org/master dc43456 fanquake: Merge bitcoin-core/bitcoincore.org#1012: Add japanese translation for 26.1
 462024-04-04T08:27:50  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoincore.org] fanquake merged pull request #1012: Add japanese translation for 26.1 (master...ja-translate-26.1) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoincore.org/pull/1012
 472024-04-04T08:29:48  *** freesprung5126 <freesprung5126!~freesprun@user/freesprung> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 482024-04-04T08:43:44  *** freesprung5126 <freesprung5126!~freesprun@user/freesprung> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
 492024-04-04T08:53:19  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@user/AaronvanW> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 502024-04-04T08:58:46  *** freesprung5126 <freesprung5126!~freesprun@user/freesprung> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 512024-04-04T09:05:03  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #29803: Update libsecp256k1 subtree to latest master (master...secp256k1_subtree_4b77fe) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29803
 522024-04-04T09:08:54  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/0d509bab45d2...3900854ba391
 532024-04-04T09:08:55  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3cb80fe Hennadii Stepanov: guix: Remove another leftover from #29648
 542024-04-04T09:08:55  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3900854 fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#29797: guix: Remove another leftover from #29648
 552024-04-04T09:09:02  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #29797: guix: Remove another leftover from #29648 (master...240403-clean-guix) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29797
 562024-04-04T09:55:38  *** CyrilS <CyrilS!~CyrilS@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 572024-04-04T10:14:58  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/3900854ba391...5de68e45c280
 582024-04-04T10:14:59  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fac012c MarcoFalke: ci: Temporarily disable bpfcc-tools
 592024-04-04T10:14:59  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5de68e4 fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#29788: ci: Temporarily disable bpfcc-tools
 602024-04-04T10:15:05  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #29788: ci: Temporarily disable bpfcc-tools (master...2404-ci-bcfcc-) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29788
 612024-04-04T10:26:24  *** freesprung5126 <freesprung5126!~freesprun@user/freesprung> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 255 seconds)
 622024-04-04T10:42:57  *** mudsip <mudsip!~mudsip@user/mudsip> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 632024-04-04T10:56:41  *** mudsip <mudsip!~mudsip@user/mudsip> has quit IRC ()
 642024-04-04T11:02:29  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/5de68e45c280...71c51c161d47
 652024-04-04T11:02:30  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 73d9230 fanquake: guix: use GCC 11 for macOS builds
 662024-04-04T11:02:30  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 71c51c1 fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#29673: guix: use GCC 11 in macOS build env
 672024-04-04T11:02:36  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #29673: guix: use GCC 11 in macOS build env (master...macos_guix_native_11) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29673
 682024-04-04T12:09:42  *** cguida <cguida!~cguida@2603-8080-6cf0-b370-430e-ecf0-b2f3-d64a.res6.spectrum.com> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 692024-04-04T12:18:34  *** bitdex <bitdex!~bitdex@gateway/tor-sasl/bitdex> has quit IRC (Quit: = "")
 702024-04-04T12:35:36  *** cguida <cguida!~cguida@2603-8080-6cf0-b370-430e-ecf0-b2f3-d64a.res6.spectrum.com> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
 712024-04-04T12:44:09  *** vasild <vasild!~vd@user/vasild> has quit IRC (Quit: leaving)
 722024-04-04T12:48:59  *** CyrilS <CyrilS!~CyrilS@> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
 732024-04-04T13:06:02  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fjahr opened pull request #29805: test: Fix debug recommendation in argsman_tests (master...2024-04-argsman-comment) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29805
 742024-04-04T13:25:35  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ryanofsky pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/71c51c161d47...5a5ab1d54466
 752024-04-04T13:25:35  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master bbe82c1 nanlour: Fix #29767, set m_synced = true after Commit()
 762024-04-04T13:25:36  <bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5a5ab1d Ryan Ofsky: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#29776: ThreadSanitizer: Fix #29767
 772024-04-04T13:25:42  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ryanofsky merged pull request #29776: ThreadSanitizer: Fix #29767 (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29776
 782024-04-04T13:37:06  <fanquake> Removed "Needs backport (23.x)" label and added "Needs backport (27.x)" label
 792024-04-04T13:38:57  <fanquake> Pushed a few more edits into https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/27.0-Release-Notes-Draft - I think we are at last call for any more additions their (also check your listing in the Credits)
 802024-04-04T13:47:05  <dergoegge> fanquake: v24 is also EOL so you can also remove its backport label?
 812024-04-04T13:50:15  *** bugs_ <bugs_!~bugs@user/bugs/x-5128603> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 822024-04-04T13:55:25  <fanquake> dergoegge: yep
 832024-04-04T13:59:31  *** Guest42 <Guest42!~Guest42@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
 842024-04-04T14:00:00  <sdaftuar> hi
 852024-04-04T14:00:11  <achow101> #startmeeting
 862024-04-04T14:00:11  <core-meetingbot> Meeting started Thu Apr  4 14:00:11 2024 UTC.  The chair is achow101. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
 872024-04-04T14:00:11  <core-meetingbot> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
 882024-04-04T14:00:15  <hebasto> hi
 892024-04-04T14:00:16  <achow101> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: achow101 _aj_ amiti ariard aureleoules b10c BlueMatt brunoerg cfields darosior dergoegge dongcarl fanquake fjahr furszy gleb glozow hebasto instagibbs jamesob jarolrod jonatack josibake kallewoof kanzure kouloumos kvaciral laanwj LarryRuane lightlike luke-jr MacroFake Murch phantomcircuit pinheadmz promag provoostenator ryanofsky sdaftuar S3RK stickies-v sipa theStack TheCharlatan vasild
 902024-04-04T14:00:22  <pinheadmz> hi
 912024-04-04T14:00:23  <TheCharlatan> hi
 922024-04-04T14:00:27  <maxedw> Hi
 932024-04-04T14:00:28  <furszy> hi
 942024-04-04T14:00:30  <cfields> hi
 952024-04-04T14:00:36  <achow101> There are no pre-proposed meeting topics this week. Any last minute ones to add?
 962024-04-04T14:00:37  <kouloumos> hi
 972024-04-04T14:00:38  <abubakarsadiq> hi
 982024-04-04T14:00:43  <glozow> hi
 992024-04-04T14:00:45  <stickies-v> hi
1002024-04-04T14:00:55  <Murch[m]> hi
1012024-04-04T14:01:00  <maxedw> hi
1022024-04-04T14:01:06  <Chris_Stewart_5> hi
1032024-04-04T14:01:10  <tdb3> hi
1042024-04-04T14:01:12  <achow101> #topic package relay updates (glozow)
1052024-04-04T14:01:12  <core-meetingbot> topic: package relay updates (glozow)
1062024-04-04T14:01:16  <sipa> hi
1072024-04-04T14:01:22  <lightlike> hi
1082024-04-04T14:01:29  <glozow> #28970 is the priority - thanks to folks who reviewed recently :)
1092024-04-04T14:01:33  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/28970 | p2p: opportunistically accept 1-parent-1-child packages by glozow · Pull Request #28970 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
1102024-04-04T14:01:40  <dergoegge> hi
1112024-04-04T14:01:42  <_aj_> hi
1122024-04-04T14:01:43  <glozow> #29735 also needs a bit more review if anyone is looking for something a bit smaller
1132024-04-04T14:01:44  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/29735 | AcceptMultipleTransactions: Fix workspace not being set as client_maxfeerate failure by instagibbs · Pull Request #29735 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
1142024-04-04T14:02:44  <glozow> That's it from me. Happy to walk through things with people next week if it helps.
1152024-04-04T14:03:00  <emzy> hi
1162024-04-04T14:03:02  <achow101> #topic cluster mempool updates (sdaftuar)
1172024-04-04T14:03:02  <core-meetingbot> topic: cluster mempool updates (sdaftuar)
1182024-04-04T14:03:12  <sdaftuar> Since last week, I pushed a fix to the draft PR for the memory accounting bug that I mentioned, along with a prototype for maintaining an index on the clusters that is sorted by best/worst chunk feerates, in order to speed up eviction (and mining).
1192024-04-04T14:03:19  <sdaftuar> If anyone is running that branch on mainnet, you probably want to update…
1202024-04-04T14:03:29  <sdaftuar> I’ve mostly spent my time this week analyzing simulation data from 2023 in order to characterize the effects that the new logic would have had on what was observed on the network last year.  My goal is to verify that the policy effects of this change wouldn’t have significantly affected existing use-cases on the network, and that overall the changes proposed are desirable.
1212024-04-04T14:03:41  <sdaftuar> After doing a bunch of analysis on my initial simulations, I do believe this is true! However I have some ideas for how to re-do my comparison in a way that will eliminate some of the noise in the data, and more directly answer the questions that I think we most care about.
1222024-04-04T14:03:52  <sdaftuar> My hope is to write something up to summarize these results and share with others sometime next week (and will be soliciting feedback as to whether there is additional analysis that is warranted).
1232024-04-04T14:04:01  <sdaftuar> After that, I’m planning to go back to the software engineering side of things with a massive rebase and rewrite of the draft PR.
1242024-04-04T14:04:10  <sdaftuar> Beyond rebasing/reorganizing commits, still to do: writing benchmarks that exercise worst-case behavior, improving the tests in that branch, getting sipa to reimplement the txgraph module. :)
1252024-04-04T14:04:22  <sdaftuar> That’s it for me, please let me know if you have any questions.
1262024-04-04T14:04:33  <sipa> *whistles*
1272024-04-04T14:06:03  <achow101> #topic legacy wallet removal updates (achow101)
1282024-04-04T14:06:03  <core-meetingbot> topic: legacy wallet removal updates (achow101)
1292024-04-04T14:06:16  <sipa> Maybe a question: would it make sense to start PR'ing some code for the cluster linearization low-level code (including tests), before the "glue" to attach it to the mempool code is ready?
1302024-04-04T14:06:45  <sdaftuar> sipa: i was thinking that introducing the txgraph module could be a preliminary PR, once that is done
1312024-04-04T14:07:05  <sipa> sdaftuar: the interface, or the implementations too?
1322024-04-04T14:07:10  <sipa> i guess the latter makes more sense
1332024-04-04T14:07:13  <sdaftuar> i think both, yeah
1342024-04-04T14:07:27  <sdaftuar> that could be tested, fuzzed etc before we try to attach it to the mempool
1352024-04-04T14:07:57  <achow101> The pr to review is still #26606. i've been working through some rebase and ci issues for the followups.
1362024-04-04T14:07:59  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/26606 | wallet: Implement independent BDB parser by achow101 · Pull Request #26606 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
1372024-04-04T14:08:23  <Chris_Stewart_5> sdaftuar: Is the thinking this stuff will end up in a BIP or will it just exist as the docs on delving/impl in core?
1382024-04-04T14:08:55  <glozow> fwiw preliminary txgraph PR sounds good to me, will review
1392024-04-04T14:09:08  <Chris_Stewart_5> :+1: on piecing it up as well
1402024-04-04T14:09:10  <sdaftuar> i don't see a reason for  BIP myself, but i'm open to suggestions if others feel differently
1412024-04-04T14:09:47  <sipa> achow101: would it make sense to have a corpus of old/weird/special BDB files in the qa_assets repo, to test the parser against?
1422024-04-04T14:10:16  <achow101> sipa: probably
1432024-04-04T14:10:51  <sipa> because there aren't many other ways to ascertain compatibility
1442024-04-04T14:10:53  <achow101> there is a fuzzer that checks that both bdb and the parser behave the same. although this has revealed bugs in bdb, so maybe not as useful as we think it is
1452024-04-04T14:11:01  <sipa> haha
1462024-04-04T14:11:34  <sipa> achow101: does the fuzzer come up with actually valid BDB files?
1472024-04-04T14:11:47  <achow101> I think it has
1482024-04-04T14:11:51  <sipa> that's neat
1492024-04-04T14:12:56  <achow101> #topic Ad-hoc high priority for review
1502024-04-04T14:12:56  <core-meetingbot> topic: Ad-hoc high priority for review
1512024-04-04T14:13:01  <achow101> Anything to add or remove from https://github.com/orgs/bitcoin/projects/1/views/4
1522024-04-04T14:13:27  <willcl-ark> hi
1532024-04-04T14:13:37  <kanzure> hi
1542024-04-04T14:13:46  <achow101> or any other topics to discuss this week?
1552024-04-04T14:14:01  <kanzure> yeah can we stop the emails about popularity contest for bips?
1562024-04-04T14:14:01  *** brunoerg_ <brunoerg_!~brunoerg@2804:14c:3bfb:37:ec91:c970:f736:3bf5> has quit IRC ()
1572024-04-04T14:14:09  *** brunoerg <brunoerg!~brunoerg@2804:14c:3bfb:37:149d:5602:ec99:e008> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1582024-04-04T14:14:49  <TheCharlatan> +1
1592024-04-04T14:15:04  <achow101> kanzure: and make a decision, or ignore the problem?
1602024-04-04T14:15:34  <glozow> we are canceling next week's meeting I assume?
1612024-04-04T14:15:41  <glozow> next week's irc meeting i mean
1622024-04-04T14:16:26  <sipa> i would assume so
1632024-04-04T14:16:33  <achow101> glozow: yes, that would make sense
1642024-04-04T14:18:40  <achow101> #endmeeting
1652024-04-04T14:18:40  <core-meetingbot> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Weekly Meeting Thursday @ 14:00 UTC | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt
1662024-04-04T14:18:40  <core-meetingbot> Meeting ended Thu Apr  4 14:18:40 2024 UTC.
1672024-04-04T14:18:41  <core-meetingbot> Minutes:        https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings/logs/bitcoin-core-dev/2024/bitcoin-core-dev.2024-04-04-14.00.moin.txt
1682024-04-04T14:19:40  <Chris_Stewart_5> achow101: sipa while i have you here, i'm planning on grinding through BIP383-386 this weekend. I took a glance at 383 and 386 and was wondering how OP_CHECKSIGADD works w/ the descriptors?
1692024-04-04T14:19:54  <achow101> Chris_Stewart_5: multi_a
1702024-04-04T14:20:42  <achow101> oh maybe I forgot to bip that
1712024-04-04T14:21:27  *** Guest42 <Guest42!~Guest42@> has quit IRC (Quit: Client closed)
1722024-04-04T14:21:37  <Chris_Stewart_5> achow101: I don't see it in the BIPs from a quick glance
1732024-04-04T14:21:41  <sipa> it's listed in https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/descriptors.md
1742024-04-04T14:22:18  <achow101> yeah... totally forgot to write that up
1752024-04-04T14:22:20  <Chris_Stewart_5> achow101: if you BIP it I will test it :-)
1762024-04-04T14:22:47  <sipa> glozow, sdaftuar: we can go lower than that too; the code i'm working on ("given a cluster, lineaize it" and related logic) will be a separate module below txgraph even I expect, which could be PR'ed/tested separately
1772024-04-04T14:23:20  <achow101> Chris_Stewart_5: remind me in 2 weeks ish
1782024-04-04T14:23:27  <Chris_Stewart_5> :+1:
1792024-04-04T14:24:01  <_aj_> is anyone working on making tr(rawleaf(..)) or tr(rawnode(..)) a thing?
1802024-04-04T14:24:18  <sipa> _aj_: someone totally should! *hides*
1812024-04-04T14:24:21  <achow101> _aj_: not that I'm aware of
1822024-04-04T14:24:21  <Chris_Stewart_5> achow101: Looks the test cases are in descriptor_tests.cpp, so the hard work seems to be done already! I may give it a try before then if I am feeling ambitious
1832024-04-04T14:24:37  <sipa> #24114 for context
1842024-04-04T14:24:38  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/24114 | Feature discussion: partial descriptors/miniscript · Issue #24114 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
1852024-04-04T14:24:51  <achow101> Chris_Stewart_5: yes, the test cases are pretty much ripped from there. that's why there's a couple of mistakes
1862024-04-04T14:25:03  <Chris_Stewart_5> cool, thanks!
1872024-04-04T14:25:49  <_aj_> sipa: (your descriptor_changes gist is my go to context for that)
1882024-04-04T14:26:32  <sipa> ah yes, https://gist.github.com/sipa/06c5c844df155d4e5044c2c8cac9c05e
1892024-04-04T14:26:46  <_aj_> that's the one
1902024-04-04T14:29:38  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 pushed tag v25.2: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/v25.2
1912024-04-04T14:36:51  <Chris_Stewart_5> _aj_: So what needs to be done to make them a thing? Is the theory side of things worked out and just needs implementations / BIP writeup?
1922024-04-04T14:37:55  <sipa> Chris_Stewart_5: working out all the details, implementation, spec, ...
1932024-04-04T14:38:49  <achow101> sipa: so everything
1942024-04-04T14:38:55  <Chris_Stewart_5> lol
1952024-04-04T14:39:28  <Chris_Stewart_5> I'll take a look at that as well since i'm on the descriptor train right now..
1962024-04-04T14:51:01  *** pablomartin <pablomartin!~pablomart@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1972024-04-04T14:51:43  *** preimage <preimage!~halosghos@user/halosghost> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
1982024-04-04T14:55:36  <sdaftuar> sipa: regarding cluster_linearize, yes i agree that also may be good to separately PR before txgraph
1992024-04-04T15:06:48  <sipa> sdaftuar: btw, want to have a look at #29575 again? it had a significant change since you last looked, i believe
2002024-04-04T15:06:50  <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/29575 | net_processing: make any misbehavior trigger immediate discouragement by sipa · Pull Request #29575 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
2012024-04-04T15:08:23  *** Chris_Stewart_5 <Chris_Stewart_5!~Chris_Ste@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
2022024-04-04T15:09:59  *** Chris_Stewart_5 <Chris_Stewart_5!~Chris_Ste@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
2032024-04-04T15:10:22  <sdaftuar> sipa: yep will do
2042024-04-04T15:14:25  <_aj_> Chris_Stewart_5: for those two, i don't think the details are too complicated (you need to decide how to deal with tapscript vs potential new leaf versions) and then just do the work.
2052024-04-04T15:37:29  *** pablomartin <pablomartin!~pablomart@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
2062024-04-04T15:39:51  *** PaperSword <PaperSword!~Thunderbi@securemail.qrsnap.io> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 272 seconds)
2072024-04-04T16:19:32  *** zeropoint <zeropoint!~alex@45-28-139-114.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
2082024-04-04T16:59:19  *** hel <hel!el@libera/staff/el> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
2092024-04-04T17:08:20  *** Talkless <Talkless!~Talkless@mail.dargis.net> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
2102024-04-04T17:33:32  *** hel <hel!el@libera/staff/el> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
2112024-04-04T17:54:05  *** CyrilS <CyrilS!~CyrilS@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
2122024-04-04T17:54:16  *** CyrilS <CyrilS!~CyrilS@> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
2132024-04-04T17:57:23  *** Chris_Stewart_5 <Chris_Stewart_5!~Chris_Ste@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
2142024-04-04T18:01:32  *** jonatack <jonatack!~jonatack@user/jonatack> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
2152024-04-04T18:02:35  *** Chris_Stewart_5 <Chris_Stewart_5!~Chris_Ste@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
2162024-04-04T18:03:21  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@user/AaronvanW> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
2172024-04-04T18:26:50  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@user/AaronvanW> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
2182024-04-04T18:46:17  *** Guest98 <Guest98!~Guest98@static.> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
2192024-04-04T18:47:14  *** Guest98 <Guest98!~Guest98@static.> has quit IRC (Client Quit)
2202024-04-04T18:56:01  *** pablomartin <pablomartin!~pablomart@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
2212024-04-04T18:56:12  *** jon_atack <jon_atack!~jonatack@user/jonatack> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
2222024-04-04T18:58:05  *** jonatack <jonatack!~jonatack@user/jonatack> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
2232024-04-04T18:58:39  *** jonatack <jonatack!~jonatack@user/jonatack> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
2242024-04-04T19:01:12  *** jon_atack <jon_atack!~jonatack@user/jonatack> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 255 seconds)
2252024-04-04T19:01:34  *** Lockesmith <Lockesmith!~user@gateway/tor-sasl/lockesmith> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
2262024-04-04T19:02:11  *** Lockesmith <Lockesmith!~user@gateway/tor-sasl/lockesmith> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
2272024-04-04T19:25:04  *** the_mariner <the_mariner!~Thunderbi@2804:29b8:518d:a89:ed04:120a:adf5:2ab8> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 255 seconds)
2282024-04-04T19:47:51  <cfields> sipa: chacha20poly1305.cpp uses libc's timingsafe_bcmp when possible. But looking around at apple/freebsd/openbsd, I don't see any impl that doesn't use the naive implementation that matches our fallback...
2292024-04-04T19:48:09  *** Talkless <Talkless!~Talkless@mail.dargis.net> has quit IRC (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
2302024-04-04T19:48:44  <cfields> is there any reason to belive there's an optimized impl somewhere that we're actually hitting?
2312024-04-04T19:49:55  <cfields> asking because after cleaning up sha2, timingsafe_bcmp is the last autoconf check that remains in all of crypto. It'd make life easy if we could just always use our internal one.
2322024-04-04T19:50:07  <cfields> *all of crypto/
2332024-04-04T19:59:36  <sipa> cfields: let's get rid of the dependency then
2342024-04-04T19:59:47  <sipa> it's a trivial function
2352024-04-04T20:00:01  <sipa> and if we need it for some platforms, no real reason not to use it on all
2362024-04-04T20:00:39  <cfields> roger, thanks.
2372024-04-04T20:12:19  *** Chris_Stewart_5 <Chris_Stewart_5!~Chris_Ste@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
2382024-04-04T20:14:04  *** Chris_Stewart_5 <Chris_Stewart_5!~Chris_Ste@> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
2392024-04-04T20:41:05  <bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] naiyoma opened pull request #29809: net: update comment for service bit support info for seed.bitcoin.sipa.be (master...update-dns-seed-flags) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/29809
2402024-04-04T21:05:44  *** abubakarsadiq <abubakarsadiq!uid602234@id-602234.hampstead.irccloud.com> has quit IRC (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
2412024-04-04T21:23:34  *** preimage <preimage!~halosghos@user/halosghost> has quit IRC (Quit: WeeChat 4.2.1)
2422024-04-04T21:32:58  *** bugs_ <bugs_!~bugs@user/bugs/x-5128603> has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
2432024-04-04T21:37:45  *** pablomartin <pablomartin!~pablomart@> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
2442024-04-04T21:40:40  *** PaperSword <PaperSword!~Thunderbi@securemail.qrsnap.io> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
2452024-04-04T22:13:11  *** zeropoint <zeropoint!~alex@45-28-139-114.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net> has quit IRC (Quit: leaving)
2462024-04-04T22:31:08  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@user/AaronvanW> has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
2472024-04-04T23:01:55  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@user/AaronvanW> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
2482024-04-04T23:35:29  *** AaronvanW <AaronvanW!~AaronvanW@user/AaronvanW> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 272 seconds)
2492024-04-04T23:41:05  *** roconnor_ <roconnor_!~roconnor@coq/roconnor> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev
2502024-04-04T23:42:09  *** hel <hel!el@libera/staff/el> has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
2512024-04-04T23:50:02  *** hel <hel!el@libera/staff/el> has joined #bitcoin-core-dev