19:03:17 <jonasschnelli> #startmeeting
19:03:17 <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Dec 28 19:03:17 2017 UTC.  The chair is jonasschnelli. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:03:17 <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
19:03:24 <cfields> maybe a quick 15min meeting? I have one short topic, at least
19:03:26 <achow101> Merge segwit wallet
19:03:33 <meshcollider> Ok :)
19:03:46 <jonasschnelli> cfields: you have the stage
19:04:14 <sipa> i'm at 34C3 with MarkoFalke and BlueMatt
19:04:18 <cfields> just an update on the codesigning. I've got the csr just about figured out, we should get going on the key creation in parallel
19:04:29 <jonasschnelli> #topic code signing
19:04:46 <jonasschnelli> cfields: can you write a short gist/docu how to proceed?
19:04:47 <cfields> ^^ is mainly aimed at gmaxwell, i guess
19:04:50 <achow101> Who are going to hold the keys?
19:05:12 <jonasschnelli> achow101: It will be distributed amoung some devs
19:05:33 <jonasschnelli> though, at least for apple, who ever holds the login access, can revoke and re-do the cert
19:05:46 <sipa> one step at a time
19:05:52 <jonasschnelli> So partially a clown show in terms of user security,.. though we should still do it
19:06:09 <cfields> jonasschnelli: as far as i can tell, we'll just need to use *procedure* for the setup, grab the pubkey, shove it into the csr, and submit to apple
19:06:51 <jonasschnelli> cfields: okay. Someone needs to coordinate whos going to create (be a part) a key and who does create the csr
19:07:09 <jonasschnelli> I can submit the csr and get back with the provisioning file, etc.
19:07:22 * jonasschnelli has no clue how to do this for windows signing cert
19:07:44 <cfields> jonasschnelli: i'm working on a quick prog to generate the csr from the pubkey, just have to work out exactly which parts get hashed
19:07:56 <provoostenator> Is this a threshold thing or do you need _all_ particpants for everything you do in the future?
19:08:01 <cfields> fyi, our cert expires on Jan 11, so the apple key is the priority
19:08:09 <jonasschnelli> provoostenator: it's a one time thing
19:08:19 <cfields> provoostenator: threshold
19:08:25 <jonasschnelli> cfields: oh. Yes. The expiration!
19:08:35 <jonasschnelli> So thanks then for beeing behind it.
19:08:40 <provoostenator> Happy to help geneate the key regardless.
19:08:52 <jonasschnelli> I expect the already signed binaries do still validate after jan 11th?
19:09:02 <cfields> jonasschnelli: if it's possible to have more than one at a time, it might be wise to go ahead and request one in only your name
19:09:16 <jonasschnelli> cfields: I can do that...
19:09:16 <cfields> then we could revoke it assuming we got the other one going
19:09:27 <meshcollider> Just in case we don't get it done in time?
19:09:35 <cfields> but that would save us in case we get tripped up and don't have it ready in time
19:09:36 <cfields> yea
19:09:38 <jonasschnelli> I think already signed binaries are not affected,... it's just the new 0.16 release that needs the new cert
19:09:50 <cfields> jonasschnelli: yes, they're timestamped
19:10:18 <jonasschnelli> So we need a cert for the 0.16 release... making one where I hold the key is a 5min thing... that's always possible
19:10:49 <cfields> jonasschnelli: great, thanks
19:10:59 <cfields> ok, that's all from me
19:11:06 <meshcollider> We could just release 0.16 before the 11th :)
19:11:13 <jonasschnelli> Other topics?
19:11:28 <jonasschnelli> meshcollider: heh.. yeah... but I'm happy if "Bitcoin Foundation" is gone in 0.16.
19:11:41 <jonasschnelli> I mean gone from our OSX/Windows binaries
19:11:46 <bitcoin-git> [13bitcoin] 15jeromer opened pull request #12042: Add hdenabled flag in getwalletinfo (06master...06getwalletinfo/hdenabledflag) 02https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12042
19:12:05 <meshcollider> jonasschnelli: yep :) no other topics from me
19:12:11 <jonasschnelli> [09:03:27]  <achow101>	Merge segwit wallet?
19:12:14 <cfields> jonasschnelli: oh, remind me and I'll sign some message with the old key containing the new pubkey
19:12:27 <jonasschnelli> I think that needs to wait until we BlueMatt's points have been worked out?
19:12:40 <jonasschnelli> cfields: Good point!
19:12:56 <jonasschnelli> cfields: where would you pubish that?
19:12:56 <provoostenator> If there's still a lot of outstanding issues, are there parts of that PR than can get merged earlier?
19:13:23 <cfields> jonasschnelli: we can stick it in git next to the new pubkey
19:13:34 <meshcollider> provoostenator: I think sipa wanted to leave most of the points raised for a follow-up PR yeah
19:13:40 <jonasschnelli> provoostenator: I need to catch up there,... I think at some point, a merge can be done even when there are some minor points to fix later
19:14:10 <jonasschnelli> I guess the main trigger for a merge is when BlueMatt's points are done (maybe they are already) and sipa thinks it's ready
19:14:17 <jonasschnelli> But that will happen next year
19:14:21 <jonasschnelli> (IMO)
19:15:20 <provoostenator> It might be easier to review if all the stuff that BlueMatt is already happy with can get merged earlier?
19:15:22 <sipa> i'd like an avkby BlueMatt
19:15:26 <sipa> *ack by
19:15:35 <jonasschnelli> sipa: yes. Agree
19:15:38 <provoostenator> But maybe that's impractical to tease apart.
19:16:03 <sipa> it could be merged commit by commit
19:16:06 <jonasschnelli> provoostenator: Yes. Involves some risks,.. and may need aditional reviews...
19:16:17 <sipa> though the biggest part is really just one commit
19:16:21 <provoostenator> Alright, giant atomic change it is :-)
19:16:33 <sipa> it's not giant by any metric
19:17:05 <jonasschnelli> Yes. Let's try to get an ack from BlueMatt, merge it in a whole, and do fixups later...
19:18:17 <jonasschnelli> Other topics?
19:19:15 <jonasschnelli> #endmeeting