19:01:06 <wumpus> #startmeeting
19:01:06 <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Jan 17 19:01:06 2019 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:01:06 <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
19:01:10 <achow101> hi
19:01:15 <sipa> hi, will have to run in 5-10 minutes
19:01:35 <jamesob> hi
19:01:44 <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb
19:02:02 <instagibbs> sup
19:02:24 <wumpus> any topics?
19:02:40 <wumpus> (nothing scheduled in moneyball's list)
19:03:00 <kanzure> hi.
19:03:27 <gleb> I would appreciate if we prioritize 14897 because a) I know someone stacks new changes on top of it and b) people on twitter are really exciting about replicating the topology inference through this vuln. on mainnet :)
19:03:35 <jonasschnelli> #14897
19:03:38 <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14897 | randomize GETDATA(tx) request order and introduce bias toward outbound by naumenkogs · Pull Request #14897 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
19:03:54 <wumpus> #topic high priority for review
19:04:13 <meshcollider> hi
19:04:42 <wumpus> gleb: ok added
19:04:47 <wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8
19:05:14 <gleb> wumpus: thanks!
19:06:26 <wumpus> anyone wants anything to be added and/or removed otherwise? 7 is quite a lot of things to have in the list, in any case
19:06:58 <wumpus> anything nearing ready for merge?
19:07:10 <sipa> i'll go through them soon
19:07:13 <luke-jr> it seems 14897 was rewritten to do some refactoring too
19:07:25 <sipa> #14897
19:07:27 <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14897 | randomize GETDATA(tx) request order and introduce bias toward outbound by naumenkogs · Pull Request #14897 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
19:07:34 <luke-jr> I would think it'd be nice to get a minimal implementation of the change reviewed and merged, and THEN do the refactoring
19:07:42 <luke-jr> that way the former can be backported easier
19:07:49 <wumpus> looks like meshcollider could take over jnewbery's branch in #14491 to make it pass travis again
19:07:52 <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14491 | Allow descriptor imports with importmulti by MeshCollider · Pull Request #14491 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
19:07:59 <meshcollider> Yep I'll do that shortly
19:08:27 <sipa> luke-jr: i'm not sure that's possible; do you see anything obvious that could be left out?
19:08:58 <sipa> or gleb ?
19:09:11 <luke-jr> sipa: well, the original PR was apparently 60 LOC changed, and it got revised by request?
19:09:58 <gleb> Half of the new LOC is a comment :)
19:10:41 <gleb> Most of the comments on the original work were about *significant* refactoring (move from net to net_processing), which I did
19:11:27 <luke-jr> you mean insignificant?
19:11:34 <wumpus> if you got those comments and implemented them I think it's unfair to complain about it now
19:11:40 <luke-jr> I'm not sure I have the original code to compare
19:12:27 <luke-jr> if it was just a code move, no worries
19:12:47 <luke-jr> gmaxwell's suggestion sounded more in depth than that though
19:13:00 <achow101> luke-jr: github shows the diffs between force pushes now
19:13:14 <luke-jr> achow101: how?
19:13:30 <luke-jr> ooh, neat
19:13:38 <wumpus> ok, any other topics?
19:13:41 <luke-jr> rebasing seems to break it though
19:14:18 <meshcollider> achow101: only in a nice way if it was a commit amendment, rebases are impossible to read
19:14:33 <gleb> luke-jr: Well, I first did what gmaxwell suggested (before other reviews), THEN received refactoring comments, and then we moved code. Not sure which step was wrong and what I should've done better :)
19:14:51 <bitcoin-git> [13bitcoin] 15practicalswift closed pull request #15187: fees: Complete the removal of fee-estimation file read code for old versions (06master...06fee-estimation) 02https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15187
19:15:10 <luke-jr> gleb: I'm not saying any of it was wrong, just that doing it in two separate steps/PRs would make it easier to backport ONLY the fix part
19:15:39 <wumpus> if people deem the refactor a necessary part of this, then that should be backported too
19:15:54 <sipa> mostly afk, but will check occasionally if someone pings me
19:17:01 <wumpus> but sure if it's possible to do a minimal fix for the 0.17 branch that might be less risky, if this is a risky refactor, but if it's move-only I don't think that's the case
19:17:11 <wumpus> for master this is fine anyhow
19:17:14 <wumpus> any other topics?
19:20:40 <wumpus> apparently not! that's a short meeting then
19:21:25 <wumpus> #endmeeting