19:00:04 <provoostenator> #startmeeting
19:00:04 <lightningbot> Meeting started Fri Mar 15 19:00:04 2019 UTC.  The chair is provoostenator. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:00:04 <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
19:00:12 <provoostenator> #bitcoin-core-dev Wallet Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb
19:00:29 <provoostenator> Topics for this week?
19:00:57 <meshcollider> any wallet high priority PR changes wanted?
19:01:16 <instagibbs> already added to regular list
19:02:47 <achow101> hi
19:04:44 <provoostenator> Sounds like we can keep this meeting short?
19:04:51 <meshcollider> doesnt seem like theres much to talk about, indeed :)
19:04:57 <achow101> what's the status on the descriptor wallet stuff?
19:05:03 <provoostenator> I'm in the middle of rewriting stuff for descriptor wallets, so not much to show now.
19:05:10 <achow101> and/or wallet overhaul
19:05:14 <provoostenator> #topic descriptor wallets
19:05:43 <achow101> the current desciptor wallet pr is just for having a descriptors record, right?
19:05:55 <achow101> it's not the full overhaul "use descriptors everywhere"
19:06:01 <instagibbs> nor ismine overhaul?
19:06:09 <provoostenator> I'm not sure yet.
19:06:32 <provoostenator> I definately want a proof of concept that is usable, but it might be split over multiple PRs.
19:06:35 <meshcollider> I think sipa is planning on doing the ismine overhaul
19:06:42 <sipa> yeah
19:07:08 <sipa> but i'm in the middle of a few other things right now, so if someone else wants to have a shot
19:07:15 <provoostenator> So I'll probably keep this one focussed on serialization, wallet flags and import commands.
19:07:19 <achow101> what needs to be done for ismine?
19:07:55 <sipa> achow101: my idea is to abstract out the wallet's keypool+ismine logic, and then descriptor records become an alternative implementation of that interface
19:08:27 <provoostenator> AddToWalletIfInvolvingMe
19:08:36 <achow101> so ismine becomes "this script exists in my keypool/wallet/whatever"?
19:08:39 <meshcollider> handling ismine in a similar way to how signingprovider abstracts signing
19:08:40 <provoostenator> Should probably loop over descriptors and call something there.
19:08:59 <sipa> provoostenator: descriptor records would have a cache of sPKs to look for
19:09:07 <sipa> as they can be pre-expanded
19:09:14 <sipa> which replaces the keypool concept
19:09:41 <sipa> provoostenator: no, all of IsMIne, not just AddToWalletIfInvolving me (i don't expect that function to change much)
19:09:46 <meshcollider> the cache is already implemented in one of your earlier PRs right
19:09:56 <sipa> sure, but descriptor records aren't
19:13:36 <achow101> so (at a high level) all that's left is storing descriptors in the wallet and ismine logic
19:13:49 <sipa> "all that's left" haha
19:13:55 <achow101> (which I guess is "everything")
19:13:57 <sipa> but yes :)
19:14:41 <provoostenator> We also need to think about how to store labels and how to store which addresses have been "reserved", e.g. though getnewaddress.
19:15:11 <sipa> labels wouldn't change at all
19:15:27 <achow101> provoostenator: I don't think that would be much (or any) different from how we do it now
19:15:46 <sipa> and reserved addresses are in the records, which store how far each has been explored so far
19:15:54 <provoostenator> Ah I see address labels are literaly indexed by the address string.
19:19:04 <achow101> in other news, hwi 1.0 will be released today just in time for people to use it with core 0.18
19:19:31 <provoostenator> #topic hardware wallets
19:19:41 <provoostenator> achow101: nice!
19:21:38 <provoostenator> Any other topics?
19:22:09 <achow101> seems not
19:22:18 <provoostenator> #endmeeting